时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Garden’s looking nice. | 花园看起来很不错 |
[00:08] | Well, not to commit the sin of pride, but I know. | 我不想犯傲慢罪 但我知道啊 |
[00:12] | How did you come out of me? | 我怎么会生出你这样的女儿 |
[00:14] | So, good news. | 我有个好消息 |
[00:15] | John’s coming home on Friday. | 约翰这周五要回来啦 |
[00:17] | That’s wonderful. | 那太好啦 |
[00:18] | It is. | 是啊 |
[00:20] | You must be thrilled. | 那你肯定很激动吧 |
[00:21] | Oh, I am. | 是啊 |
[00:23] | Mm. Little nervous? | 会有点小紧张吗 |
[00:25] | No. No. | 没 没有 |
[00:27] | No. | 才没有呢 |
[00:28] | Be understandable if you were. | 你紧张我也是可以理解的啊 |
[00:30] | The man has been in a mental institution. | 他毕竟住进了精神病院一段时间 |
[00:33] | All I know is he sounded like himself on the phone, | 我感觉电话中他已经回归原样了 |
[00:36] | and the doctors say he’s good to go. | 医生也说他可以康复出院了 |
[00:39] | Well, that’s great. | 那很好啊 |
[00:41] | It is. I’m excited. | 是啊 我可欣喜若狂了 |
[00:44] | Well, good. | 那就好 |
[00:46] | Very excited. | 非常欣喜若狂 |
[00:50] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[00:50] | I’m gonna get another beer. | 我再去开瓶啤酒 |
[00:52] | ‘Cause you’re so excited? | 因为你很欣喜若狂吗 |
[00:54] | You know it! | 你懂的 |
[00:56] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[00:59] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:01] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:04] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:07] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:13] | We need to have a talk. | 我们需要来谈谈 |
[01:14] | Georgie, get in here! | 小乔治 你过来 |
[01:17] | Are we in trouble? | 我们做错事了吗 |
[01:19] | No one’s in trouble. | 没人做错事 |
[01:20] | – What’s going on? – Have a seat. | -怎么了 -过来坐下 |
[01:21] | You’re also getting talked to. | 你也得坐下来听我说 |
[01:23] | Sit. | 给老娘坐下 |
[01:26] | Okay, | 好啦 |
[01:27] | Dr. Sturgis will be joining us for dinner. | 斯特吉斯博士今晚会来共进晚餐 |
[01:30] | Hot darn. | 哎哟妈呀 |
[01:31] | That guy’s back? | 他回来啦 |
[01:32] | I thought he was in the nut house. | 他不是在疯人院里吗 |
[01:33] | We do not call it that. | 我们不可以这么称呼那里 |
[01:35] | That’s what Dad calls it. | 老爸就是这么叫的啊 |
[01:37] | And that’s why I made him sit. | 这就是为什么我也让他坐下听讲了 |
[01:39] | We need to make sure that Dr. Sturgis feels comfortable. | 我们得让斯特吉斯博士感到自在 |
[01:42] | And how are we supposed to do that? | 那我们应该怎么做到那样呢 |
[01:44] | For starters, do not bring up his time in the hospital. | 首先 不要提起他住院的事情 |
[01:47] | What if he brings it up? | 那如果他主动提起呢 |
[01:49] | You let the grown-ups handle that. | 你就等大人处理 |
[01:51] | In this scenario, am I one of the grown-ups? | 在这情境中 我是大人组里的吗 |
[01:53] | No. | 不是 |
[01:54] | – Great. – You also will not | -太好了 -你们同样也不可以 |
[01:56] | stare at him during dinner. | 在晚饭席间盯着人家看 |
[01:58] | Can I look at him at all? | 我是完全不可以看他吗 |
[02:00] | Yes. | 你可以看他 |
[02:00] | How long can I look at him before it’s considered staring? | 那我看他多久会被当做是盯着他看 |
[02:03] | When I’m trying not to stare at girls, | 当我在试着不要盯着女生看的时候 |
[02:05] | my rule is “two Mississippi”. | 我的规矩就是”数两声” |
[02:07] | I taught him that. | 这招是我教他的 |
[02:08] | Just be on your best behavior. | 请你们要做最好的表现 |
[02:11] | And if you’re not sure if you should say something, | 如果你不确定有些话该不该说 |
[02:13] | do not say it. | 那你就别说 |
[02:18] | – What? – Hey, it works. | -干嘛啦 -真的是这样呢 |
[02:20] | When I hit three Mississippis, she noticed. | 当我数到第三声 她就意识到了 |
[02:22] | See? | 你看吧 |
[02:23] | Told you. | 就说吧 |
[02:27] | Meemaw and Dr. Sturgis are out front. | 姥姥跟斯特吉斯博士在外面了 |
[02:30] | They’re walking up the path. | 走到走道上了 |
[02:32] | They see me. | 他们看到我了 |
[02:33] | I’m waving. | 我在招手 |
[02:35] | They waved back. | 他们也朝我招手了 |
[02:37] | They’re close to the door. | 他们走近门口了 |
[02:40] | Even closer. | 更接近了 |
[02:42] | Almost there. | 就要到了 |
[02:43] | Door… | 门… |
[02:45] | … bell! | 铃响了 |
[02:46] | Remember everything we talked about. | 别忘了我提醒过你们的事 |
[02:48] | Welcome! | 欢迎欢迎 |
[02:50] | Look who I brought! | 看看我带谁来啦 |
[02:52] | Hello! | 你们好啊 |
[02:53] | Come in, come in. | 请进请进 |
[02:55] | It’s so good to see you. | 见到你真是太高兴了 |
[02:56] | I don’t normally do this, but… | 我很少这么做 但… |
[02:58] | put her there. | 来握个爪吧 |
[03:00] | No mitten. | 不戴手套 |
[03:01] | I’m honored. | 太荣幸了 |
[03:08] | It’s just so wonderful to see you all again. | 再次见到你们真是太高兴了 |
[03:11] | We’ve been looking forward to it. | 我们也期待很久了 |
[03:13] | We sure have. | 绝对是的 |
[03:14] | One Mississippi, | 数一声 |
[03:15] | two Mississippi. | 数两声 |
[03:19] | Uh, why are you counting? | 你为什么要数呢 |
[03:22] | You know Shelly. He loves his numbers. | 你也知道谢利 他就爱数字 |
[03:24] | Let’s say grace. | 来祷告吧 |
[03:27] | Bless us, Lord, for the food we are about to receive | 感谢主为我们提供面前的食物 |
[03:30] | and bless the hands that prepared it. Amen. | 也保佑准备这餐点的人 阿门 |
[03:33] | – Amen. – Dig in. | -阿门 -开动吧 |
[03:35] | Oh, I am so excited to have a home-cooked meal. | 我太期待吃家里做的家常菜了 |
[03:38] | The food in the hospital was bland-arino. | 医院里的食物真是淡出鸟了 |
[03:44] | Uh, be sure to save room for dessert. | 记得留点肚子吃饭后甜点 |
[03:47] | I made banana pudding. | 我做了香蕉布丁 |
[03:48] | George, tell him how good my banana pudding is. | 乔治 跟他说说香蕉布丁有多好吃 |
[03:51] | Good pudding. | 上好的布丁 |
[03:53] | Lot of bananas. | 加了很多香蕉 |
[03:54] | Well, now, pardon me if I’m wrong, but… | 听我说 如果是我误会那很抱歉 |
[03:57] | I would totally understand if any of you felt uncomfortable | 但如果你们对我来感到不自在 我十分能理解 |
[04:01] | about me being here after my time in the hospital. | 毕竟我是个刚刚才从医院出院的人 |
[04:04] | Oh, no, we’re very comfortable. | 没这回事 我们感觉很轻松 |
[04:06] | Very comfortable. | 完全不会不自在啦 |
[04:09] | Well, just in case, I want you all to know | 我以防万一一下 如果你们有任何 |
[04:11] | I’m perfectly happy to answer any questions that you might have. | 想问我的问题 我十分乐意回答 |
[04:18] | You sure you want to do that? | 你确定吗 |
[04:19] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[04:21] | The best way to destigmatize something | 要消除偏见与误会最好的方法 |
[04:23] | is to talk about it. | 就是大方谈论它 |
[04:26] | May I? | 我可以提问吗 |
[04:29] | Um, go ahead. | 那你问吧 |
[04:33] | Why wasn’t I allowed to visit you? | 为什么我不被允许去探视你 |
[04:36] | Some of the other patients there | 医院里的其他一些病人 |
[04:37] | were very unwell, | 状况十分不好 |
[04:39] | and I didn’t want you to be disturbed by their behavior. | 我不想你因为他们的行为而受到惊吓 |
[04:45] | I got one. | 我也有一题 |
[04:46] | Here we go. | 要来了 |
[04:47] | Did they lock you up in a room? | 他们有把你锁在病房里吗 |
[04:49] | I wasn’t able to leave the hospital without being discharged, | 我只是不能在经过允许前离开病院 |
[04:53] | but I was free to walk the grounds. | 但我在医院里是可以随意走动的 |
[04:57] | How did you know when you were all better? | 那你是怎么知道你康复了 |
[05:00] | Well, it’s not like a cold, | 跟得了感冒不太一样 |
[05:01] | where you have it and then you don’t. | 你得了感冒 之后好了就没了 |
[05:03] | But I’ve learned skills that, uh, | 而是我学习到了方法 |
[05:06] | help me to manage my mental health. | 来帮助自己保持心理健康 |
[05:09] | Well, that went over my head. | 真是有听没有懂 |
[05:11] | I got another one. | 我还有一题 |
[05:12] | In The Shining, Jack Nicholson goes nuts | 在电影《闪灵》里 杰克•尼科尔森发疯 |
[05:15] | and chases people around with an axe… | 拿着一把斧子追着人… |
[05:16] | – One question each. – Dang it. | -一人只准问一题 -靠 |
[05:19] | Should’ve started with that one. | 我应该先问这题的 |
[05:22] | How ’bout a little nightcap? | 来喝一杯睡前酒吧 |
[05:24] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 不了不了 |
[05:26] | Got to ride the old bike home. | 我还得骑车回家呢 |
[05:29] | I thought you were staying the night. | 我还以为你今晚在这过呢 |
[05:31] | I wasn’t planning on it. | 我没有这个打算 |
[05:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:37] | Now that we’re talking about this, um, | 刚好说到这个话题上 |
[05:40] | we’ve never really discussed the status of our relationship. | 我们还没有好好再谈过我们感情的状态 |
[05:44] | Don’t you worry. | 不用担心 |
[05:47] | As far as I’m concerned, we just… | 就我个人认为 我们就… |
[05:50] | pick up right where we left off. | 恢复你入院前的状态就行了 |
[05:54] | That means a lot. | 这话对我意义重大 |
[05:56] | But, um… | 但是呢… |
[05:58] | I think it’s for the best if we don’t. | 我觉得我们最好还是别继续了 |
[06:02] | – What? – I hope we can still be friends. | -什么 -我希望我们还能当朋友 |
[06:05] | But, um, I don’t think | 但是我觉得… |
[06:07] | we should be in a romantic relationship anymore. | 我们不应该再继续谈恋爱了 |
[06:10] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[06:12] | I mean, poor choice of words, but… | 我知道用这词有点歧义 但是 |
[06:14] | are you crazy?! | 你丫疯啦 |
[06:20] | Do you… I… Do you mean you-you really | 你… 你是说你… 真的 |
[06:23] | don’t want to see me anymore? | 不想再跟我谈下去了吗 |
[06:25] | Don’t I get a say in that? | 这件事我没有决定权吗 |
[06:28] | No. | 没有 |
[06:30] | Really? I-I kind of think I do. | 是吗 我觉得我也有的吧 |
[06:32] | Connie, if I’m single and have another episode, | 康妮 如果我单身时又发病了 |
[06:34] | it only hurts me. | 那就只是我自己的问题 |
[06:35] | If we’re together, that hurts you, | 但如果我们在一起 那就会伤害到你 |
[06:38] | and I can’t do that again. | 而我不想再次伤到你了 |
[06:40] | I have been waiting for you this whole time. | 这段期间我可是都对你不离不弃 |
[06:44] | Just more proof that you’re a wonderful woman | 更证明了你是一个好女人 |
[06:46] | and you deserve someone you can count on. | 你应该跟一个你能托付的男人在一起 |
[06:50] | How about Ira from the furniture store? | 家具店的艾拉怎么样 |
[06:53] | He’s a catch. | 他很不错啊 |
[06:54] | Now you’re gonna play matchmaker for me? | 你现在还要来帮我牵红线了吗 |
[06:57] | I suppose I am. | 大概是吧 |
[06:58] | You realize I could call him right now. | 你知道我现在可以打给他的吧 |
[07:02] | I think you should. | 我觉得你应该打啊 |
[07:03] | You better mean it, ’cause I’ll do it. | 那你最好是真心的 因为我可真会打 |
[07:05] | No time like the present. | 此时不打更待何时 |
[07:10] | I’m doing it. | 我要打了 |
[07:14] | I’m dialing. | 我拨号啦 |
[07:16] | Great. | 很好 |
[07:21] | It’s ringing. | 电话响啦 |
[07:22] | Tell him I said hi. | 帮我跟他打个招呼 |
[07:26] | Rosenbloom’s Fine Furniture. Ira speaking. | 洛圣朋高级家具店 我是艾拉 |
[07:29] | Hello, Ira. | 你好啊 艾拉 |
[07:31] | It’s Connie Tucker. | 小女子康妮·塔克 |
[07:34] | Connie. Oh, my gosh. | 康妮 我的天啊 |
[07:36] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[07:37] | He wants to know how I am. | 人家想知道我好不好呢 |
[07:40] | Tell him. | 回答他啊 |
[07:42] | I’ll call you back. | 我之后再打给你 |
[07:45] | Can you believe it? | 你敢相信吗 |
[07:46] | It sounds like he has your best interests at heart. | 感觉他是为了你好才这样 |
[07:49] | Men don’t break up with me. | 这世上没有男人可以甩了我 |
[07:51] | I do the breaking up. | 只有老娘甩人 |
[07:52] | Well, I think it’s nice that you can still experience new things | 到了你这岁数居然还能够体验到新鲜事物 |
[07:55] | at your age. | 这样很棒啊 |
[07:56] | Keep it up, and you won’t get to my age. | 你再逼逼你就活不到我这岁数 |
[07:59] | So, are you gonna go out with Ira? | 那你要跟艾拉去约会吗 |
[08:01] | Well, I don’t know why not. | 有何不可呢 |
[08:03] | Is that really what you want? | 但这真的是你想要的吗 |
[08:05] | Well, I’m sure as hell not gonna sit home by myself | 我肯定不想自己坐在家里 |
[08:07] | while I try and figure it out. | 想清楚那关系到底怎么办 |
[08:09] | Doesn’t sound like you’re being nice to Ira. | 感觉这样对艾拉不太地道啊 |
[08:11] | She’s not nice. Been saying it for years. | 她这人本来就不地道 我都说了好多年了 |
[08:19] | Mom, | 妈 |
[08:20] | will Dr. Sturgis be coming over again? | 斯特吉斯博士还会再来吗 |
[08:24] | – I don’t know. – He should. | -不知道呢 -他应该再来 |
[08:26] | We had so much fun talking about the mental hospital, | 我们昨晚谈精神病院谈得很开心 |
[08:28] | we barely got to talk about science. | 都还没机会聊到科学呢 |
[08:30] | Well, I don’t know what his plans are. | 我不知道他有什么安排 |
[08:32] | Is Meemaw coming for dinner tonight? | 那姥姥今晚会来吃饭吗 |
[08:34] | No. She is busy. | 不会 她有事要忙 |
[08:36] | With Dr. Sturgis? Maybe I can join them. | 跟斯特吉斯博士吗 那或许我能一起去啊 |
[08:39] | All my fun facts make me a welcome addition | 我的各种有趣小知识储备 |
[08:41] | to any dinner date. | 能为各种晚餐约会生色不少 |
[08:43] | She’s not gonna be with Dr. Sturgis, sweetie. | 宝贝 她不会跟斯特吉斯博士在一起 |
[08:46] | Then I don’t understand why I can’t invite him over. | 那我不懂我们为什么不能邀请他来 |
[08:52] | Your meemaw and Dr. Sturgis are… | 你姥姥跟斯特吉斯博士… |
[08:57] | figuring out how their relationship is gonna work | 在他出院后开始在探讨 |
[08:59] | now that he’s back. | 他们的感情将何去何从 |
[09:01] | Why does their relationship need to be any different? | 他们的感情为什么会要有变化呢 |
[09:05] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂啦 |
[09:08] | So, we can’t have him over? | 所以我们不能邀请他来了 |
[09:10] | Sorry. It’s just not a good idea right now. | 抱歉啊 只是现在真的不太合适 |
[09:14] | This isn’t fair. | 这太不公平了吧 |
[09:16] | I find the one person in Texas who understands me | 我找到了全德州唯一能理解我的那个人 |
[09:19] | and now I’m not allowed to see him? | 而现在却不准跟他见面了 |
[09:22] | Hello! | 你好啊 |
[09:23] | – Come in. – So, uh, Connie is, uh, | -请进 -所以康妮… |
[09:27] | okay with my being here? | 不介意我来吧 |
[09:29] | Don’t worry about it or, you know, mention it. | 不用担心 也不用再提起 |
[09:32] | Well, here’s a pineapple. | 来 送你们一颗凤梨 |
[09:34] | It’s a symbol of hospitality dating back to the 1700s. | 18世纪的时候它代表着款待 |
[09:38] | Thank you. How… | 谢谢你 真是太… |
[09:41] | tropical. | 热带风情了 |
[09:43] | Dr. Sturgis, hello! | 斯特吉斯博士 欢迎你来 |
[09:45] | Hi! | 你好啊 |
[09:46] | Ooh. Did you know the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality? | 你知道凤梨是款待的象征吗 |
[09:50] | As a matter of fact, I did. | 我还真的知道 |
[09:52] | You’re welcome! | 不用谢哦 |
[09:55] | I got to tell you, | 我得老实说 |
[09:56] | this is an unexpected surprise. | 这真是意外惊喜 |
[09:59] | Here’s to surprises. | 敬惊喜 |
[10:03] | ‘Cause last I heard, | 因为据我所知 |
[10:04] | you and John were still going out. | 你和约翰仍在约会 |
[10:06] | Well, now I’m not, and I’m here with you, | 但我现在没有啊 我跟你在这里 |
[10:08] | so let’s not talk about him. | 所以我们就别提起他了 |
[10:10] | Ooh. Sounds like this breakup is a little fresh. | 听起来你们才分手不久啊 |
[10:12] | Yeah, it was pretty recent. | 没错 是最近才分的 |
[10:14] | What, like, a week? Month? | 大概一周前吗 一个月前 |
[10:15] | Literally as I was calling you. | 就在我打给你之前 |
[10:18] | Well, I’m glad that I was the first person that came to mind. | 我很开心你第一个就想起我 |
[10:22] | Actually, you were his idea. | 其实是他提议我找你的 |
[10:24] | Still glad. | 还是很开心啦 |
[10:28] | Really? This again? | 不是吧 又来 |
[10:30] | Just sit. | 乖乖坐下 |
[10:32] | Where’s Meemaw? | 姥姥人呢 |
[10:33] | Not here tonight. | 她今晚不在 |
[10:35] | – Why? – As I understand it, | -为什么 -据我了解 |
[10:37] | now that Dr. Sturgis is back from the hospital, | 现在斯特吉斯博士从医院回来了 |
[10:39] | he and Meemaw are figuring out | 他和姥姥要想清楚 |
[10:40] | how their relationship is going to work. | 该如何继续他们的恋爱关系 |
[10:43] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:44] | Sounds like she dumped him. | 听起来她甩了他 |
[10:46] | – Actually, he’s the one… – Sheldon, didn’t you want | -其实是他… -谢尔顿 你不是 |
[10:48] | – to talk about science stuff? – Yes. | -想聊科学的话题吗 -是的 |
[10:50] | Good. Do that right now | 很好 现在赶紧聊 |
[10:51] | Well, I realize being here after ending | 我知道和康妮分手后 |
[10:55] | my romantic relationship with Connie is unusual. | 仍然来你们家 是挺不寻常的 |
[10:58] | So, as before, | 所以跟以前一样 |
[11:00] | I’m perfectly happy to answer any questions that you might have. | 我很乐意为你们解答任何问题 |
[11:05] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[11:06] | Can I eat in front of the TV? | 我能坐到电视机前面吃吗 |
[11:09] | Sure. | 可以 |
[11:11] | Let’s get back to The Shining. | 我们继续聊《闪灵》吧 |
[11:12] | When them elevator doors open, oh, man. | 当电梯门打开时 妈呀吓死人 |
[11:21] | Let me get this straight. | 我来理清楚 |
[11:22] | Your boyfriend comes home from the mental hospital, | 你男朋友从精神病院回来后 |
[11:24] | he dumps you, | 就甩了你 |
[11:25] | and he suggests that you go out with me? | 然后建议你和我出来约会吗 |
[11:28] | – Yeah. – Sounds like a spite date. | -没错 -听起来是赌气约会啊 |
[11:30] | Well, gosh, when you say it like that, doesn’t sound great. | 你这么解读的话听起来就不好了嘛 |
[11:33] | No. No, no, I’m fine with it. I just… | 不不不 我不介意 我只是… |
[11:34] | I want to make sure I got everything right. | 想确保我弄清楚来龙去脉了 |
[11:36] | Hospital, dumped, spite. | 医院 甩我 赌气 |
[11:39] | You got it. | 你都知道了 |
[11:40] | All right. I hear the creamed spinach is terrific. | 好 我听说这里的奶油菠菜做得很棒 |
[11:43] | How do relationships work for old people? | 老人的恋爱是怎么谈的 |
[11:45] | When you were young, you didn’t think old women looked hot. | 人年轻的时候 并不觉得老女人性感 |
[11:48] | But now that you’re old, do you? | 但你现在老了 就觉得她们性感了吗 |
[11:50] | Well, that’s a very interesting question. | 这个问题很有意思 |
[11:53] | Can I speak to you in the kitchen? | 我能跟你到厨房聊聊吗 |
[11:55] | – I want to hear the answer. – I’ve always found | -我想听他的答案 -我一直都觉得 |
[11:56] | your grandmother to be very hot stuff. | 你姥姥非常火辣性感 |
[12:00] | All right, let’s go. | 听完了 走吧 |
[12:01] | But you can see her wrinkles, right? | 但你能看见她满脸的皱纹吧 |
[12:03] | Why don’t you take John to a bar or something? | 不如你带约翰去酒吧之类的地方吧 |
[12:06] | – Why? – ‘Cause the children don’t need to hear | -为什么 -因为孩子们不需要听到 |
[12:08] | about how attractive he finds their grandmother. | 他觉得他们姥姥有多迷人 |
[12:11] | Why don’t you take him out? | 你干嘛不带他出去呢 |
[12:12] | Fine. You make sure the kids take baths and get to bed. | 行 那你督促孩子们洗澡和准时上床睡觉 |
[12:16] | Oh, and Sheldon needs his fingernails trimmed. | 对了 谢尔顿的指甲也该剪了 |
[12:18] | Hey, John, what do you say you and I go grab a beer? | 约翰 我们俩出去喝杯啤酒怎么样啊 |
[12:21] | But we haven’t cut open the pineapple yet. | 但我们还没开菠萝呢 |
[12:23] | You boys go ahead. | 你们去吧 |
[12:24] | We’ll eat the pineapple another time. | 我们下次再吃菠萝好了 |
[12:26] | But we haven’t had a chance to talk about science. | 但我们还没机会聊科学呢 |
[12:29] | Ooh, can Sheldon come? | 谢尔顿能一起去吗 |
[12:30] | – Can I? – No. | -我能去吗 -不行 |
[12:32] | – Aw. – Aw. | -讨厌 -讨厌 |
[12:33] | So, enough about me. | 别再说我的事了 |
[12:35] | – What’s been going on in your life? – Oh, boy. Well, | -你最近的生活怎么样 -老天 |
[12:37] | after you and I broke up, | 我俩分手之后 |
[12:38] | I took the opportunity to work on myself. | 我就借此机会多运动运动 |
[12:40] | Started playing tennis again. | 我又开始打网球了 |
[12:42] | Uh, I-I bought a telescope, which is pretty cool | 我买了一架望远镜 可酷了 |
[12:44] | because you-you got to see the Moon all big and things. | 因为能看到放大的月亮什么的 |
[12:47] | And, uh, I-I tried Vietnamese food for the first time, | 我还首次尝试了越南菜 |
[12:49] | which did not go well. | 但结果不太好 |
[12:51] | Oh, very spicy. | 辣死我了 |
[12:51] | You wouldn’t believe the heartburn. | 你都不知道我胃烧得多慌 |
[12:53] | Not enough Tums in the world. | 多少的胃药都不够吃 |
[13:00] | This is wonderful. | 来这真是太棒了 |
[13:02] | Did you know the term “Dive bar” originated | 你知道吗 一开始叫”廉价[潜入]酒吧” |
[13:06] | because many establishments were below street level, | 是因为当时很多店面都比路面低 |
[13:09] | and patrons had to essentially dive down to enter them. | 顾客必须往地下走才能进入 |
[13:14] | Didn’t know that. | 我以前不知道 |
[13:15] | Well, now you do. | 现在你知道啦 |
[13:17] | Hey, George. | 乔治 |
[13:18] | – Who’s your friend? – Hey, Nate. | -介绍一下你朋友吧 -内特 |
[13:20] | This is John Sturgis. | 这位是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[13:22] | He’s a scientist. | 他是名科学家 |
[13:24] | Pleased to make your acquaintance, Nate. | 认识你很高兴 内特 |
[13:27] | What can I get you? | 你们想喝点什么 |
[13:28] | Um, do you have sarsaparilla? | 你们这有沙士吗 |
[13:31] | Two beers. We’ll take two beers. | 两杯啤酒 我们就来两杯啤酒 |
[13:34] | I must admit, after the breakup, | 我必须承认 他们分手后 |
[13:36] | I was worried, but now that Dr. Sturgis and Dad are friends, | 我一度很担心 但现在斯特吉斯博士和爸爸是朋友了 |
[13:39] | we’ll be seeing even more of him. | 我们以后就能更常见到他 |
[13:40] | How do we see less of him? | 有什么办法能少见他一点 |
[13:42] | That is not nice. | 这样很没礼貌 |
[13:44] | Sorry, but I’m on Meemaw’s side. | 对不起 但我站在姥姥那边 |
[13:46] | She got me a two-piece bathing suit. | 她给我买了两截式泳衣 |
[13:48] | I didn’t realize we were expected to take sides. | 我都不知道我们要选边站 |
[13:50] | No one needs to take sides. | 没人需要选边站 |
[13:52] | When Heather M.’s parents got divorced, | 海瑟·M的爸妈离婚后 |
[13:54] | she said it was like picking sides, | 她说那就像选边站一样 |
[13:56] | but you get twice the presents. | 不过能获得双倍的礼物 |
[13:57] | This isn’t a divorce. | 他们又不是离婚了 |
[13:58] | And I’m sure Meemaw and Dr. Sturgis will still be friends. | 姥姥和斯特吉斯博士一定会继续当朋友的 |
[14:01] | Heather M.’s parents aren’t friends. | 海瑟·M的爸妈就决裂不是朋友了 |
[14:03] | But now she’s got Barbie’s DreamHouse | 但她现在既有芭比的梦想小屋 |
[14:05] | and the pink Corvette. | 也有粉色遥控车呢 |
[14:08] | You heard me. | 你听见我的暗示了 |
[14:12] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:13] | That looks amazing. I love ice cream. | 看起来很美味 我喜欢冰淇淋 |
[14:15] | Did you know | 你知道吗 |
[14:16] | that they used to use the anal glands of beavers | 他们以前常使用海狸的肛门腺体 |
[14:19] | to make it taste like vanilla? | 模拟出香草的味道 |
[14:21] | No. Where’d you hear that? | 不可能 你从哪听说的 |
[14:24] | I understand it’s difficult to, uh, milk the little sacs. | 不过我知道要从它们囊中挤出汁来很不容易 |
[14:29] | It’s just something I picked up along the way. | 就是在别的地方听说的啦 |
[14:33] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[14:35] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[14:36] | Let’s eat pie. | 我们来吃派吧 |
[14:38] | And maybe not the ice cream. | 还是别吃冰淇淋好了 |
[14:43] | Can you believe Connie was my first girlfriend? | 你能相信康妮是我第一个女朋友吗 |
[14:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:48] | And probably my last. | 很可能也是最后一个 |
[14:50] | Come on, don’t talk like that. | 别说丧气话嘛 |
[14:53] | No, it’s true. | 不 是真的 |
[14:54] | She may not realize it, | 她也许还不明白 |
[14:56] | but this is all for the best. | 但这决定对大家都好 |
[14:58] | I’m damaged goods. | 我是残次品 |
[15:01] | No, you’re not. | 你当然不是了 |
[15:03] | It had just been so long since I’d had an episode. | 之前我已经很久没发过病了 |
[15:06] | I thought I was okay. | 我还以为自己没事了 |
[15:08] | But, clearly, I’m not, | 但显然我有事 |
[15:11] | and, uh, who knows if it’ll happen again. | 谁知道什么时候还会再发病 |
[15:14] | And, uh, I just can’t take the risk | 我不能冒险 |
[15:18] | of putting Connie through that. | 让康妮再经历一次 |
[15:19] | Hey, she’s got problems, too. | 她也有她的毛病啊 |
[15:22] | I’ve seen her take a wine cooler out of the trash and finish it. | 我见过她从垃圾堆里捡起瓶果酒 然后干了 |
[15:26] | – I’m not joking. – Well, | -我没开玩笑 -好吧 |
[15:29] | thank you for listening. | 谢谢你听我吐苦水 |
[15:30] | My pleasure. | 乐意至极 |
[15:32] | And if you want to talk about your relationship with Mary, | 如果你想聊你和玛丽的婚姻 |
[15:36] | I’m all ears. | 我随时奉陪 |
[15:38] | Intimacy issues, communication difficulties, | 关系疏远 沟通有困难 |
[15:42] | problems in the bedroom… | 在床上不和谐… |
[15:43] | Hey! Pool table’s open. | 瞧 台球桌开了 |
[15:45] | Ah! Wonderful! | 太棒啦 |
[15:49] | But if you did get a divorce, | 但如果你们真的离婚了 |
[15:51] | how many American Girl dolls could I get? | 我能得到多少个美国女孩娃娃呢 |
[15:52] | Your father and I aren’t getting a divorce. | 我和你爸没要离婚 |
[15:55] | But more than one, right? | 但要是离了就不止一个 对吧 |
[15:57] | Are there any questions that aren’t about divorce? | 你有跟离婚无关的问题要问吗 |
[16:01] | Nope. Sheldon? | 没有 谢尔顿 |
[16:03] | Is it difficult to see your mother | 看着你妈跟不是你爸的人约会 |
[16:05] | go out with men who aren’t your father? | 是不是很难接受 |
[16:09] | That’s a big one. | 这个问题很严肃啊 |
[16:13] | I suppose it took some getting used to, | 我的确花了一点时间才接受 |
[16:16] | but she’s a grown-up, | 但她是成年人了 |
[16:19] | and even though Pop-Pop passed away, | 虽然姥爷去世了 |
[16:21] | she deserves to be happy. | 但她仍该拥有幸福 |
[16:24] | Just so you know, | 告诉你一声 |
[16:25] | I’d be happy with one American Girl doll. | 我只要有一个美国女孩娃娃就满足了 |
[16:28] | And we’re done. | 我们聊完了 |
[16:30] | Thank you so much, Ira. | 非常感谢你 艾拉 |
[16:32] | I really needed this. | 我真的很需要有人陪我 |
[16:34] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[16:35] | We should do it again. | 我们应该再约出来 |
[16:36] | What’s your Friday night look like? | 你周五晚上有什么安排 |
[16:38] | Oh, no, Friday’s no good | 周五不行 |
[16:39] | ’cause we’re doing inventory at the store. | 因为我们要在店里盘点货物 |
[16:41] | Oh, okay. Well, how about the weekend? | 好吧 那周末呢 |
[16:44] | No, no, no, that’s not good for me, either. | 不不 周末我也没空 |
[16:48] | Are you blowing me off? | 你是在拒绝我吗 |
[16:50] | Is it that obvious? | 有这么明显吗 |
[16:52] | Well, I don’t understand why. | 可我不明白为什么 |
[16:54] | I mean, I-I thought we had a nice time. | 我以为我们今晚挺愉快的 |
[16:56] | Oh, we did. | 是很愉快 |
[16:57] | But you’re still hung up on John, | 但你仍对约翰念念不忘 |
[16:59] | and I don’t want to have my heart broken again, | 我不希望又心碎一次 |
[17:01] | so I’m gonna respectfully pass. | 所以恕我必须拒绝你 |
[17:06] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[17:08] | I know. It turns out I do have a shred of dignity. | 就是啊 没想到我居然还有尊严残留在体内 |
[17:11] | I’m as surprised as you are. | 我和你一样感到意外 |
[17:15] | I’m not having a good week. | 我这礼拜可真不顺啊 |
[17:18] | Have you played much pool? | 你以前打过台球吗 |
[17:19] | Oh, in my undergraduate days, all the time. | 念大学时经常打 |
[17:22] | It’s just physics and geometry. | 这就是物理学和几何学 |
[17:25] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[17:26] | I calculate the angles in my head. | 我在脑子里计算角度 |
[17:29] | Sometimes in radians, | 有时用弧度 |
[17:30] | sometimes in degrees, | 有时用角度数 |
[17:32] | depending on my level of whimsy. | 看我那天心情如何啦 |
[17:35] | I’m a radians man myself. | 我喜欢用弧度来计算 |
[17:38] | That’s a joke? | 这是笑话吗 |
[17:39] | Supposed to be. | 是有这个意思 |
[17:42] | Oh, life is funny. | 人生真有意思 |
[17:44] | A week ago, I was in a mental institution, | 一周前 我还在精神病院里 |
[17:47] | and now I’m laughing it up in a dive bar. | 现在我却在一间廉价酒吧里开怀大笑 |
[17:51] | Not just any dive bar. | 还不是普通的酒吧哦 |
[17:53] | One where everyone knows me. | 是所有人都认识我的酒吧 |
[17:55] | And they are lucky that they do. | 他们能认识你真的太幸运了 |
[18:01] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[18:02] | Everyone! | 各位 |
[18:04] | – Oh, boy. – I would like to propose a toast to George Cooper. | -惨了 -我提议大家为乔治·库珀干一杯 |
[18:09] | I don’t mind telling you | 我不怕告诉你们 |
[18:11] | I’m going through a bit of a rough patch, | 我目前正经历一个人生难关 |
[18:14] | and this man went out of his way to take me here | 这个男人特意带我来这里 |
[18:18] | and listen to my woes. | 聆听我的烦恼和悲伤 |
[18:21] | And George and I don’t even know each other that well. | 而且我和乔治根本没有多熟 |
[18:24] | You heard it. Y’all heard it. | 你们都听见了 我跟他不熟 |
[18:26] | But I just broke up with a woman. | 但我刚和一位女性分手了 |
[18:29] | A beautiful, passionate woman. | 她美丽 充满激情 |
[18:32] | Adventurous. | 有冒险精神 |
[18:34] | Sensual. | 感性 |
[18:37] | Apparently, | 显然 |
[18:38] | you’re never too old for heartache. | 人无论到几岁都会为爱心碎 |
[18:41] | But tonight, | 但今晚 |
[18:43] | I found solace in the bosom of male friendship. | 我在男性友谊的怀中找到了慰藉 |
[18:51] | To George Cooper. | 敬乔治·库珀 |
[18:55] | Drinks are on me! | 酒我请了 |
[18:57] | To George Cooper! | 敬乔治·库珀 |
[19:20] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[19:21] | Oh, I had a few beers. | 我喝了几杯啤酒 |
[19:23] | He had one. | 他喝了一杯 |
[19:26] | Seriously? | 你们不是吧 |
[19:27] | We can’t get a dog, and this guy’s still here? | 不准我养狗 却这家伙赖到现在都不走 |