时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Young Sheldon… | |
[00:02] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[00:06] | – Veronica. – Hey, Georgie. What’s up? | -维罗妮卡 -小乔治 怎么啦 |
[00:09] | We’re friends, right? | 我们是朋友对吧 |
[00:11] | – What do you mean? – I’ve asked you out a bunch, | -这问题什么意思 -我追过你很多次 |
[00:13] | and you’ve made it pretty clear you weren’t interested. | 但你每次都跟我表明你没兴趣跟我在一起 |
[00:16] | B-Before I asked out another girl, | 在我去约别的女孩子之前 |
[00:18] | – I just wanted to make sure that… – It’s fine. | -我想跟你确定一下… -没关系的 |
[00:22] | Guess I’ll see you around. | 那回见啦 |
[00:25] | Yep. | 好 |
[00:34] | Of all my many skills, | 在我众多的能力之中 |
[00:36] | one of the lesser known is my impressive ability | 有一个较少人知道的厉害能力 |
[00:39] | to wait for things. | 是我等待的能力 |
[00:41] | I once stood perfectly still for 38 minutes | 我有次曾38分钟不动如山 |
[00:45] | because a bee was on my shoulder. | 就因为一只蜜蜂停到我肩膀上 |
[00:49] | I once waited four and a half hours | 我曾等待过四又半个小时 |
[00:52] | to be released from a locker. | 只为了等人把我从置物柜里放出 |
[00:54] | Hello? Anyone there? | 你好 有人在吗 |
[00:59] | That’s okay. I’ll wait. | 没关系 我等得起 |
[01:00] | And one time, when Dr. Sturgis was late for a lecture, | 而当有一次 斯特吉斯博士上课迟到 |
[01:04] | I stayed longer than everyone. | 我比谁都等得久 |
[01:06] | Where are you all going? | 你们去哪呢 |
[01:08] | Professor’s not here. | 教授都还没来 |
[01:09] | I can teach the class. | 我可以教这课啊 |
[01:13] | I just need a box to stand on. | 我只需要一个踏脚台即可 |
[01:19] | Dr. Sturgis? | 斯特吉斯博士 |
[01:20] | Hello, Sheldon. What brings you here? | 你好啊 谢尔顿 怎么今天来找我了 |
[01:23] | You never showed up to class. | 你没来教课 |
[01:24] | Whoops. | 糟糕 |
[01:26] | Time flies when you’re having fun. | 当你乐在其中时 光阴似箭啊 |
[01:28] | What could be more fun than giving a physics lecture? | 有什么能比教物理更有乐趣呢 |
[01:31] | Finishing a physics paper. | 写完物理论文 |
[01:33] | Ooh, I like where this is headed. | 这故事走向我一听就有兴趣 |
[01:35] | I’m exploring the notion that time itself is quantized. | 我在探索时间是否是量子化的议题 |
[01:41] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[01:42] | That sounds like a step towards a unified field theory. | 感觉离统一场论又更近一步了 |
[01:45] | Fingers crossed. | 食指交叉祈求好运吧 |
[01:47] | Although I can’t cross my fingers– arthritis. | 虽然我交叉不了手指 有关节炎 |
[01:57] | It’s too dark back here. Do you have a flashlight? | 后座太暗了 你有手电筒吗 |
[02:00] | In the glove box, I think. | 副驾置物柜有吧 |
[02:02] | Can you pass it back? | 你能帮忙递给我吗 |
[02:03] | No. I’m driving. | 不行 我在开车呢 |
[02:05] | All right. I’m coming up. | 注意啦 我要爬来前面了 |
[02:07] | Don’t crash while I’m unbuckled. | 你别在我解开安全带期间发生车祸啊 |
[02:10] | Really? You need to do this right now? | 你不是吧 就一定要现在搞吗 |
[02:12] | It’s Dr. Sturgis’s first paper in years. | 这是斯特吉斯博士近年来首次写的论文 |
[02:14] | It’s worth risking head trauma. | 值得冒头部损伤的风险一读 |
[02:17] | Look at you climbing like a real boy. | 看你爬得像个真正的男孩似的 |
[02:20] | Here we go. | 好了 |
[02:21] | “A Reconsideration of the Role of Time Operators | 《重新审视时间算子 |
[02:24] | in Quantum Mechanics.” | 在量子力学中的作用》 |
[02:26] | Grabby title. | 很引人入胜的标题 |
[02:27] | Mm. I’ll wait for the movie. | 等看了正戏再说吧 |
[02:29] | Ooh. He’s opening with a critical examination | 他开篇就批判性检验了 |
[02:31] | of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. | 哥本哈根量子力学诠释 |
[02:34] | I thought reading in the car made you nauseous. | 你在车上读东西不是会头晕吗 |
[02:36] | That’s in the back seat. Up here I’m fine. | 那是在后座啦 在副驾不会 |
[02:42] | – Oh, Sheldon. – Sorry. | -谢尔顿… -对不起 |
[02:46] | Well, don’t just keep reading! | 你别继续读个不停啊 |
[02:49] | ? Nobody else is stronger than I am ? | ? 世上没人比我强壮 ? |
[02:52] | ? Yesterday I moved a mountain ? | ? 昨天我移了一座山 ? |
[02:55] | ? I bet I could be your hero ? | ? 我相信我能当你的英雄 ? |
[02:58] | ? I am a mighty little man ? | ? 我是个了不起的小家伙 ? |
[03:01] | ? I am a mighty little man ? | ? 我是个了不起的小家伙 ? |
[03:08] | I am running over to the Sparks’s for a little while. | 我要过去斯巴克斯家一会儿 |
[03:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:13] | Team meeting with the other baseball moms. | 要跟其他棒球妈妈开会 |
[03:16] | You’re all right until Dad gets home? | 在爸爸回家之前 你能自己乖乖的吧 |
[03:17] | Oh, yeah. Charles is in charge. | 当然 有查尔斯在呢 |
[03:20] | Look at this. I’m talking to an egg. | 看看 我在”对蛋弹琴” |
[03:25] | I brought veggies and ranch. | 我带了蔬菜加牧场酱 |
[03:27] | That’s nice. But when I said “snacks,” I mean wine. | 不错不错 但我说带”零嘴” 我指的是酒 |
[03:31] | Don’t worry. | 没事 |
[03:32] | I got plenty of emergency snacks. | 我有很多紧急”零嘴” |
[03:35] | All right, let’s get to this. | 好啦 咱们开会吧 |
[03:36] | We’re coming up on the end of the season. | 马上赛季就要结束了 |
[03:39] | Who wants to handle the team cookout? | 谁想负责队伍野外郊游的烹饪事宜 |
[03:41] | Got it. | 我来 |
[03:42] | – Thank you, Meredith. – Team picture day? | -谢谢你 梅雷迪思 -队伍拍照日呢 |
[03:44] | – That’s me. – Carla, you’re a gem. | -我来 -卡拉 你可真是块宝 |
[03:45] | Mary, that leaves you in charge of trophies. Any questions? | 玛丽 那你负责奖杯 还有问题吗 |
[03:48] | – Actually… – Snack time! | -其实呢… -零嘴时间到 |
[03:51] | There’s also, uh, veggies. | 还有一些蔬菜可以下酒 |
[03:56] | This is nice. | 这里不错啊 |
[03:57] | I like to think of Chi-Chi’s as a more romantic Taco Bell. | 我觉得这家店算浪漫版的塔可钟快餐店 |
[04:06] | So, uh, what do you like to get here? | 你在这里都喜欢点什么啊 |
[04:09] | What? Oh, uh, it-it doesn’t matter. | 什么 无所谓啦 |
[04:11] | It all tastes the same. | 吃起来都差不多 |
[04:14] | Hi. Welcome to… | 您好 欢迎光临… |
[04:16] | Oh. Hey, Georgie. | 你好啊 小乔治 |
[04:18] | Uh, hi. | 你好啊 |
[04:21] | I didn’t know you worked here. | 我都不知道你在这打工 |
[04:23] | Well, haven’t seen you in a while. | 毕竟有段时间没联系了嘛 |
[04:26] | Oh, uh, you know Jana from school? | 你认识我们同校的贾娜吗 |
[04:28] | Yeah. Yeah, of course. Hi. | 当然啦 你好啊 |
[04:31] | Hi. | 你好 |
[04:33] | So, can I get y’all started with some drinks? | 你们要不要先点什么饮料喝喝啊 |
[04:37] | I’m good with water. | 我喝水就可以了 |
[04:38] | Water sounds great. Refreshing. | 水很不错 很清新 |
[04:42] | I’m glad Dr. Sturgis let me read his paper | 我很庆幸斯特吉斯博士在发表前 |
[04:44] | before he published. | 先让我读了他的论文 |
[04:46] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[04:47] | He’s getting numbers for the massive neutrinos | 他算出来的巨型中微子的数 |
[04:49] | that are in excess of a hundred giga-electron volts. | 超过了足有千亿电子伏之多 |
[04:52] | Well, good for him. | 那他很棒啊 |
[04:53] | No, it’s embarrassing. | 不 是不忍直视啊 |
[04:55] | Had a 50-50 shot. | 五成的几率 猜错了 |
[04:56] | I guess I need to call and let him know | 我觉得我得打电话告诉他 |
[04:58] | what a bonehead mistake he made. | 告诉他犯了多大的沙雕错误 |
[05:01] | There’s probably a nicer way to say it. | 应该可以换更好听点的说法吧 |
[05:03] | Did you hear how massive his neutrinos were? | 你刚听到了我说他的中微子有多大了吧 |
[05:06] | We’re well into bonehead territory. | 不只是沙雕 还是沙雕中的巨雕 |
[05:08] | Sheldon, you don’t need to be rude to him. | 谢尔顿 你不用对人家那么不礼貌 |
[05:10] | When am I rude? | 我怎么没礼貌了 |
[05:13] | Stay a child as long as you can. | 尽量保持当个孩子吧 |
[05:15] | Adulthood will not be kind to you. | 成人世界对你不会太友好 |
[05:19] | Neat. The veins on your calf look like a road map of Texas. | 厉害 你小腿上的静脉看起来像德州道路地图 |
[05:25] | Did you make this taste bad so Dad would lose weight? | 你是故意煮得难吃 让老爸吃不下减肥吗 |
[05:31] | Fine. I’ll be polite. | 行行行 我会保持礼貌 |
[05:33] | But I still think | 但我还是觉得 |
[05:34] | we could go to San Antonio using Meemaw’s leg. | 我们靠姥姥的腿地图就能去到圣安东尼奥市 |
[05:39] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:40] | Dr. Sturgis. It’s Sheldon. | 斯特吉斯博士 我是谢尔顿 |
[05:42] | I hope you’re well. | 希望你一切安好 |
[05:44] | I am. I just had soup. | 很好啊 我刚喝完汤 |
[05:46] | Anyway, | 言归正传 |
[05:47] | I was just calling to let you know I read your paper. | 我打来是想告诉你 我刚读完你的论文 |
[05:50] | Wonderful. What did you think? | 太好了 你有何感想 |
[05:52] | I thought your typing was very tidy. | 我感觉你的打字十分整齐 |
[05:55] | Your sentence structure was impressive. | 你的句子结构很是了得 |
[05:58] | And your theory was… | 而你的理论嘛… |
[05:59] | not without succeeding in avoiding success. | 长风破浪会有时 直挂云帆济沧海 |
[06:04] | Well, Sheldon, uh, you don’t need to beat around the bush. | 谢尔顿 你不用这么拐弯抹角 |
[06:07] | We’re men of science. Uh, just give it to me straight. | 我们是搞科学的人 有话你就直说 |
[06:11] | The masses for your neutrinos are impossible. | 你的中微子的质量根本不可能 |
[06:15] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[06:16] | Yes. If they were that heavy, atoms could not beta decay. | 是的 如果它们那么重 原子就不会贝塔衰变 |
[06:20] | I don’t know how I missed that. | 我怎么没注意到这点 |
[06:22] | I’m such an idiot. | 我真是个白痴 |
[06:24] | You’re not an idiot. You’re just a bonehead. | 你不是白痴 你只是沙雕 |
[06:30] | So you’re saying you have no feelings for her at all? | 你的意思是你对她毫无感觉吗 |
[06:32] | I wasn’t at the restaurant with her, I was there with you. | 我又不是跟她上馆子 我是跟你上的馆子啊 |
[06:35] | That doesn’t answer my question! | 这回答不了我的问题 |
[06:37] | I was hoping you wouldn’t pick up on that. | 我还希望你不会注意到这点呢 |
[06:40] | Did you take me there on purpose? | 你是故意带我去那里吃饭的吗 |
[06:43] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[06:44] | Is this one of those fights | 这是传说中那种 |
[06:44] | where we end up making out in the back seat? | 吵到最后会在后座亲热的那种架吗 |
[06:47] | No. | 不是 |
[06:48] | That’s too bad. | 那太遗憾了 |
[06:50] | 梅德福 奖牌与奖杯 | |
[06:59] | Howdy. | 早嘞 |
[07:00] | Morning. I need to order some baseball trophies. | 早安 我想要预定一些棒球奖杯 |
[07:04] | Baseball’s over there. | 棒球的在那边 |
[07:09] | So many choices. | 好多选择啊 |
[07:14] | You should win a trophy for the most trophies. | 你应该得到拥有最多奖杯奖 |
[07:21] | Maybe not the trophy for customer service. | 至于服务态度奖就算了吧 |
[07:24] | Is this everything you have? | 这些是你全部的货吗 |
[07:26] | Impressive, isn’t it? | 很厉害吧 |
[07:28] | I noticed that there are no baseball trophies | 我发现你的棒球奖杯中 |
[07:30] | with girls on them. | 没有上面是女孩的款 |
[07:32] | Girls don’t play baseball. | 女生不打棒球啊 |
[07:33] | Actually, my daughter does. | 其实我女儿就打啊 |
[07:35] | Oh. Good for her. | 那她很棒棒哦 |
[07:38] | And some other girls might like a trophy with a girl on it. | 而许多女孩或许也会想要有女孩的奖杯 |
[07:42] | Well, then they’ll be very disappointed. | 那看来她们要很失望啦 |
[07:46] | You know what? | 告诉你 |
[07:47] | I’m gonna take my business elsewhere. | 老娘要去找别人来赚我的钱了 |
[07:49] | Oh, no. | 不要嘛 |
[07:51] | And you should win a trophy for being such a sourpuss! | 你应该得个超级叽歪奖 |
[07:56] | Ta-ta! | 慢走不送 |
[07:59] | – Hello? – Dr. Sturgis. | -你好 -斯特吉斯博士 |
[08:01] | It’s Sheldon. I hope I’m not interrupting anything. | 我是谢尔顿 希望没有打扰到你什么 |
[08:04] | Nah, just wondering what became of my career. | 没 我就是在想我的职业该何去何从 |
[08:08] | Should I call you back later? | 我该晚点再打来吗 |
[08:09] | Oh, no. I can be downtrodden and chat at the same time. | 不用 我可以一边心如死水一边聊天 |
[08:13] | What’s up? | 怎么啦 |
[08:13] | I was thinking about the mass problem of your neutrinos, | 我在想你的中微子质量的问题 |
[08:16] | and I realized we might be able to solve it | 然后我发现或许我们能解决这问题 |
[08:18] | if some of the particles have more spin. | 比如其中部分粒子有更多自旋 |
[08:20] | Interesting. | 有点意思 |
[08:22] | That would certainly get our neutrino mass to zero. | 这的确可以让我们的中微子质量变到零 |
[08:26] | Although it does open up a problem with double beta decay. | 但这样也会造成双贝塔衰变的问题 |
[08:31] | Hmm. That is true. | 这倒是真的 |
[08:33] | Unless what it’s actually predicting is a magnetic monopole. | 除非它预测的是磁单极子 |
[08:38] | Might be difficult to control the infinities. | 可能会有点难控制无穷的问题 |
[08:41] | Although, | 不过呢 |
[08:43] | if you consider adding faster-than-light particles | 如果考虑加入超光速粒子 |
[08:46] | like tachyons, then I suppose you could… | 比如快子 那或许你就能… |
[08:50] | – Quantize time. – Yes! | -量子化时间 -没错 |
[08:52] | Hang on! If we’re gonna be thinking at this level, | 稍等 如果我们要想到那么高深 |
[08:56] | I should put on pants! | 我应该穿上裤子 |
[09:00] | Can you believe this? | 你敢相信吗 |
[09:02] | Boy trophy, boy trophy… | 男生奖杯 男生奖杯 |
[09:04] | boy trophy. | 男生奖杯 |
[09:05] | Hmm, all I see is my trophy wife. | 我眼里只有我奖杯般的娇妻 |
[09:08] | Nope? Okay. | 没兴趣吗 好的 |
[09:09] | Look, the only girl trophies | 你看 唯一给女生的奖杯 |
[09:11] | are for cheerleading, soccer and golf. | 只有啦啦队 足球 跟高尔夫 |
[09:14] | So buy Missy a golf trophy and tell her it’s a skinny bat. | 那就给米希买个高尔夫奖杯 说那是细球棒 |
[09:18] | George. | 乔治 |
[09:19] | That poor girl has been watching her brother win awards | 我们可怜的闺女看着她弟弟 |
[09:22] | since he was three years old. | 从她三岁起就开始赢各种奖杯 |
[09:25] | I’d like for her first one to be special. | 我希望她的第一次能很特别 |
[09:27] | ‘Cause you think it may also be her last one? | 因为你认为这可能也是她最后一次吗 |
[09:30] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
[09:32] | But you thought it. | 但你是这么想的 |
[09:34] | Yeah. | 是啦 |
[09:41] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[09:42] | – What’s this? – It’s your tip from the other night. | -这是什么 -那晚的小费 |
[09:45] | I wanted to give it to you then, | 我当时就想给你的 |
[09:46] | but I also wanted to get out of there alive. | 但我也想活着离开那里 |
[09:50] | Don’t worry about it. | 没事 不用了 |
[09:51] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[09:52] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[09:55] | So how long you been working there? | 你在那餐厅工作多久了 |
[09:57] | Couple weeks. Trying to save money for college. | 几星期了 我想存钱上大学 |
[09:59] | Well, now you have to take this. | 既然这样你一定要收下 |
[10:01] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[10:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:05] | How are things with Jana? | 和贾娜处得怎么样 |
[10:06] | Honestly, I have no idea. | 老实说 我不知道 |
[10:09] | Should you even be talking to me right now? | 你现在根本不该跟我说话吧 |
[10:12] | Probably not. | 估计不应该 |
[10:15] | But I’m glad I am. | 但我很高兴我们聊天了 |
[10:19] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[10:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:26] | I’d like to end today’s lecture with a hilarious physics joke. | 我想用一个令人捧腹的物理笑话来结束今天的课 |
[10:31] | Why didn’t the photon pack a suitcase? | 光子为什么不带行李箱 |
[10:35] | He was traveling light. | 因为他要轻装出行[传递光] |
[10:40] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[10:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢捧场 |
[10:43] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[10:46] | Well, our conversation about my paper | 我们那天讨论了我的论文 |
[10:50] | resulted in a very productive couple of days. | 导致接下来的两天我富有成效 |
[10:54] | I completely rewrote the whole thing from scratch. | 我从头开始重写了整篇论文 |
[10:58] | Exciting. I know credits are usually listed alphabetically, | 真令人激动 我知道署名通常按字母顺序排列 |
[11:02] | but I’m completely fine with my name going second. | 但我完全不介意我的我名字排在第二位 |
[11:05] | Sheldon, I’ve worked on this paper for years. | 谢尔顿 这篇论文我研究好几年了 |
[11:08] | I’m not putting your name on it at all. | 我不会把你名字写上去的 |
[11:11] | But I helped you. | 但我帮了你啊 |
[11:12] | You did, but you didn’t cowrite the paper with me. | 没错 但你没和我一起写论文啊 |
[11:17] | Is that so? | 是这样吗 |
[11:19] | Yes, it is. | 就是这样 |
[11:20] | Well, this is an outrage. | 这太离谱了 |
[11:21] | After all the help I’ve given you, | 我帮了你这么多 |
[11:23] | and I don’t even get credit? | 我却连留名的机会都没有 |
[11:24] | Well, of course you are. | 当然有啦 |
[11:27] | You’re getting a special thanks in the footnotes. | 我会在附注里特别感谢你 |
[11:30] | No one reads the footnotes. | 根本没人看附注啊 |
[11:31] | – I do. – Well, I do, too, | -我就会看 -好吧 我也会看 |
[11:33] | – but that doesn’t mean I want to be in them. – Sheldon, | -但那不代表我想出现在附注里 -谢尔顿 |
[11:36] | that’s where people get recognition for helping. | 那里就是认可你有帮忙出力的地方啊 |
[11:39] | Oh, you mean the help of using my math | 你说的帮忙是指用我的数学 |
[11:41] | to convert your hazy series of meanderings | 把你一系列不着边际 结构松散的内容 |
[11:43] | into a well-formed scientific thesis? | 改为结构完整的科学论点吗 |
[11:45] | I think you’re overstating your contribution. | 你似乎夸大了你的贡献 |
[11:48] | Well, I think you should be wearing a black ski mask | 我倒觉得你该戴上黑色滑雪面罩 |
[11:50] | because you’re trying to rob me blind. | 因为你想”抢劫”我的知识财富 |
[11:52] | Well, if anyone should be wearing an odd piece of apparel, | 如果说有谁该穿戴奇特的服侍 |
[11:56] | it should be you wearing a baby bonnet, | 那就该是你戴上婴儿软帽 |
[11:59] | because that’s how you’re behaving. | 因为你现在表现得像个哭闹的婴儿 |
[12:02] | – Ready to go? – Very! | -可以走了吗 -等不及了 |
[12:05] | It’s a good thing she showed up, | 幸好她出现了 |
[12:06] | because I do not have a comeback. | 因为我想不出回呛的金句 |
[12:12] | Darn it. When he called me a baby, I should’ve said, | 可恶 他羞辱我是婴儿时 我就该呛他 |
[12:15] | “Then I guess you needed a baby’s help to fix your paper.” | “那看来你需要婴儿帮忙修改你的论文咯” |
[12:18] | Very clever. | 非常机智 |
[12:19] | Turn the car around. | 调头开回去 |
[12:21] | We’re halfway home. | 我们离家只剩一半路程了 |
[12:23] | It’s not that clever. | 何况这句也没那么机智 |
[12:25] | Why aren’t you being more supportive of me? | 你为什么不全力支持我 |
[12:27] | Sheldon, John is a lot of things, but he’s not a thief. | 谢尔顿 约翰这人缺点很多 但他不是小偷 |
[12:30] | So you’re on his side. | 这么说你站在他那边 |
[12:31] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[12:32] | So you’re on my side. | 那你就是站在我这边了 |
[12:34] | For the sake of this car ride, sure. | 为了车程愉快 就当我是好了 |
[12:38] | Okay, here’s the plan. | 好 我们计划这么做 |
[12:40] | End your relationship with Coach Ballard, | 结束你和巴拉德教练的恋爱 |
[12:42] | date Dr. Sturgis again, get him to love you more than ever, | 再次和斯特吉斯博士约会 让他比之前更爱你 |
[12:45] | then when he least expects it, | 然后在他最意想不到的时候 |
[12:47] | break his heart and say, “That’s for Sheldon.” | 让他心碎 然后说”这是为谢尔顿报仇” |
[12:50] | Great plan. | 这计划真绝 |
[12:51] | You think so? | 你觉得是吗 |
[12:53] | For the sake of this car ride, sure. | 为了车程愉快 就当我是好了 |
[12:57] | So shiny, aren’t you, now? | 你现在闪闪发亮了 对不对呀 |
[13:00] | Hello. Remember me? | 你好 还记得我吗 |
[13:03] | Ah, I thought you were gonna take your business elsewhere. | 我还以为你去让别人赚你的钱了 |
[13:06] | Well, lucky for you, I believe in second chances. | 算你走运 我相信人值得拥有第二次机会 |
[13:11] | Now, I know that you don’t have girl baseball trophies in stock, | 我知道你没有女生棒球奖杯现货 |
[13:15] | but could you have one made special? | 但你能否特别定做一个呢 |
[13:18] | Sure. | 可以啊 |
[13:20] | – Great. – A custom mold is 50 bucks, | -太好了 -定制模具一个50美元 |
[13:23] | and it takes six weeks. | 要等六星期 |
[13:25] | I’m not paying you $50 for a trophy. | 我才不会给你50块买个奖杯 |
[13:27] | And I don’t have six weeks. | 我也等不了六星期 |
[13:29] | Well, does your daughter look like a horse? | 你女儿长得像不像马呢 |
[13:32] | Maybe she’d like this. | 也许她会喜欢这个 |
[13:38] | I knew all that God talk was covering something really evil. | 我就知道你表面虔诚只是为了掩盖邪恶内心 |
[13:44] | I am trying to make a special trophy for Missy. | 我想给米希做一个特别的奖杯 |
[13:47] | So I’m gonna take this head and put it on that body. | 所以我要把这个芭比头安到那个身体上 |
[13:51] | Whatever you say, Dr. Frankenstein. | 随你怎么美化啦 科学怪人博士 |
[13:54] | My daughter deserves to have a trophy | 我女儿值得拥有一个 |
[13:56] | that looks something like her. | 看起来像她的奖杯 |
[13:58] | So this is kind of a feminist gesture on your part. | 所以你是想表达女权主义 |
[14:01] | I prefer to think of it as a maternal gesture. | 我宁愿把这看作是一个母亲的心意 |
[14:04] | Let’s just split the difference | 我们就折中一下 |
[14:06] | and call it the stuff of nightmares. | 把这玩意称为噩梦素材好了 |
[14:08] | It’ll look better when I paint it. | 我上完色后就会好很多 |
[14:10] | I don’t think so. | 我看不会 |
[14:19] | Grant Linkletter. | 格兰特・林克莱特 |
[14:20] | Dr. Linkletter, Sheldon Cooper. | 林克莱特博士 我是谢尔顿・库珀 |
[14:22] | I need your help reporting an academic crime. | 我需要你帮忙举报一宗学术犯罪 |
[14:24] | Sounds serious. | 听起来很严肃啊 |
[14:25] | It is. | 的确 |
[14:26] | That’s why I’m using my serious voice. | 所以我在用我的严肃声音跟你说 |
[14:28] | Then I’ll use mine as well. | 那我也换上我的严肃声音 |
[14:30] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[14:31] | Dr. Sturgis has stolen my work | 斯特吉斯博士偷窃了我的研究 |
[14:33] | and is using it in his own paper. | 用到他的论文里 |
[14:35] | Well, that’s quite the allegation. | 这指控很严重啊 |
[14:37] | It’s not an allegation; it’s a fact. | 这不是指控 是事实 |
[14:39] | He was getting enormous masses for his neutrinos, | 本来他的中微子质量大到夸张 |
[14:42] | and I showed him how to fix it, | 我教了他如何解决 |
[14:43] | but now he’s refusing to list me as a coauthor. | 但现在他拒绝把我列为合著者 |
[14:46] | Well, I think he has a point. | 我觉得他有道理啊 |
[14:48] | Is the “He” in that sentence me? | 你这句话里的”他”是指我吗 |
[14:50] | Because that is a strange way to phrase it. | 你这样措辞很奇怪 |
[14:52] | No, the “He” is him. | 不 “他”是指斯特吉斯 |
[14:53] | I don’t play games with sentence structure. | 我不会拿句子结构胡闹 |
[14:55] | Look, I haven’t done a forensic examination of this paper, | 听着 我还没对这篇论文做详细鉴定 |
[14:57] | but it’s not uncommon to show your work to a colleague | 但把成果拿给同事看 询问他们意见 |
[14:59] | to get their feedback. | 是很常见的 |
[15:01] | But I fixed his paper. | 但我把他的论文改好了啊 |
[15:03] | This kind of accusation could have real consequences. | 这种指控可能会产生极其严重的后果 |
[15:06] | I’d consider my next steps very carefully. | 我会谨慎考虑后续该怎么做 |
[15:08] | You’re no help. Put me through to your supervisor. | 你真没用 把我转接给你的上级 |
[15:11] | Please let me speak to John | 在你做更进一步举动前 |
[15:12] | before you take this any further. | 先让我和约翰谈谈 |
[15:14] | All right, but if he calls me a baby, feel free to say, | 好吧 但如果他说我是婴儿 你就呛他 |
[15:17] | “Then I guess you needed a baby to fix your paper.” | “那看来你需要婴儿帮忙修改你的论文咯” |
[15:20] | That’s a good one, but I’m not gonna say it. | 这句呛得漂亮 但我不会说的 |
[15:26] | I bet the guy who invented the spork is a millionaire. | 我打赌发明叉勺的人现在已经成百万富翁了 |
[15:29] | I guess. | 估计是吧 |
[15:30] | I wonder if his last name is Spork. | 不知道他是不是姓”叉勺” |
[15:32] | It comes from “Spoon” and “Fork.” Spork. | 这是”勺子”和”叉子”结合组成的新词 “叉勺” |
[15:36] | Oh, my God. Mind is blown. | 天啊 简直震撼我世界 |
[15:48] | You know what you should do? Cut your hair. | 你知道你该做什么吗 剪头发 |
[15:51] | What? | 什么 |
[15:52] | I think it’d look better. | 应该会更帅 |
[15:53] | Ooh, maybe a little beard like George Michael. | 或许再留点胡子 像歌手乔治・迈克尔那样 |
[15:56] | I wonder how tall he is. I bet he’s tall. | 不知道他有多高 他一定很高 |
[15:59] | 请按回车键评估情况 | |
[16:00] | 朱丽叶患了霍乱 | |
[16:05] | Hey. I have something to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[16:07] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[16:09] | I was gonna give this to you | 我本来打算等到 |
[16:11] | at the end of the season party, | 赛季派对结束时才给你 |
[16:12] | but I was so excited that I wanted you to see it now. | 但我太兴奋了 我想现在就给你看 |
[16:19] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么鬼 |
[16:21] | I couldn’t find any girl baseball trophies, | 我找不到女生棒球奖杯 |
[16:24] | so I made you one. | 所以我给你做了一个 |
[16:25] | Why is her head so big? | 她的脑袋怎么这么大 |
[16:27] | It’s a Barbie head. I had to improvise. | 这是芭比的头 我得就地取材嘛 |
[16:30] | You chopped the head off one of my Barbies? | 你把我芭比娃娃的头砍下来了吗 |
[16:32] | Don’t be silly. I bought a new one. | 说什么傻话 我买了一个新的 |
[16:34] | I could’ve had a new Barbie? | 我本来能有一个新芭比吗 |
[16:37] | The point is you deserve to be recognized appropriately | 重点是你值得被人好好认可 |
[16:41] | for everything you’ve accomplished. | 你所获得的这些成就 |
[16:44] | You can’t give that to me in front of all the boys. | 你不能当着其他男孩面给我那奖杯 |
[16:46] | – Why? – It’s embarrassing. | -为什么 -很丢脸啊 |
[16:49] | Well, we have plenty of time. | 时间还很充裕 |
[16:51] | I can make the head smaller or the body bigger | 我可以把头部改小一点 或是把身体改大一点 |
[16:56] | or a little bit of both. | 又或是两者都调整一下 |
[16:57] | I just want the same trophy everyone else gets. | 我只想要和其他人一样的奖杯 |
[17:00] | But I want you to feel special. | 但我希望你觉得自己特别 |
[17:02] | And I just want to feel regular. | 我只想觉得自己普通 |
[17:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:09] | Well… | 那么 |
[17:12] | I’ll make sure you get a regular one at the party. | 我会确保你在派对上得到普通的奖杯 |
[17:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:20] | Mom, wait. | 妈妈 等等 |
[17:24] | I get what you were trying to do. | 我明白你想为我做什么 |
[17:28] | It’s nice. | 我很感动 |
[17:31] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:32] | Can I keep that one, too? | 这个也能给我吗 |
[17:35] | You really want it? | 你真想要吗 |
[17:37] | I do. | 真的 |
[17:45] | Despite her many flaws, | 尽管我姐姐缺点多多 |
[17:47] | my sister did have a soft spot in her heart. | 但她内心还是有个柔软的角落 |
[17:52] | And a fondness for blowing things up. | 她还很喜欢把东西炸飞 |
[18:07] | What was that?! | 怎么回事 |
[18:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[18:18] | How dare you accuse me of plagiarism? | 你竟敢指控我抄袭 |
[18:21] | And to my colleague, no less. | 而且还是跟我的同事说 |
[18:23] | This is my reputation you’re jeopardizing. | 你危及的可是我的声誉啊 |
[18:27] | Well, give me the credit I deserve and I’ll stop. | 给我我应得的署名 我就停手 |
[18:30] | We’ve been over this. | 我们已经谈过这个了 |
[18:31] | You made a helpful suggestion and then you arrogantly assumed | 你只是提出了有帮助的意见 结果你就自大地认为 |
[18:36] | that it entitled you to a coauthor credit, | 你有权被列为合著者 |
[18:39] | which it doesn’t. | 然而并非如此 |
[18:40] | But I was the one who… | 但是 是我… |
[18:42] | I’ve been your friend and mentor. | 我一直都是你的朋友和导师 |
[18:44] | The idea that I would steal from you | 你竟然说我会偷窃你的成果 |
[18:47] | is both personally and professionally insulting. | 这对我个人和我的学术都是莫大的侮辱 |
[18:52] | Well, I’m sorry you feel that way, but… | 很抱歉你有这种感觉 但… |
[18:55] | Sheldon, I don’t want to see you in my class anymore. | 谢尔顿 我不想再在我的课上看到你 |