时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 梅德福牙医诊所 | |
[00:02] | So, you can see that Sheldon has a baby tooth | 你能看到谢尔顿有颗乳牙 |
[00:04] | – that never fell out. – Is that a problem? | -到现在都还没掉落 -这样不行吗 |
[00:06] | Well, it’s gonna keep the adult tooth from coming down, and… | 它会影响固齿的生长 而且… |
[00:09] | it’s gonna need to be extracted. | 反正必须得拔掉 |
[00:10] | Oh, he is not gonna be happy about that. | 他肯定不会乐意 |
[00:13] | No, he is not. | 肯定不会高兴 |
[00:14] | Are you sure we can’t just wait this thing out? | 你确定不能就等它自然脱落吗 |
[00:17] | It’s gonna cause all the other teeth around it to come in crooked | 它可能会害旁边的牙齿被挤得歪七扭八 |
[00:19] | and, well, you know, braces can be expensive. | 然后你懂的 戴牙套会很贵 |
[00:23] | He is gonna freak out about the pain | 他肯定会很怕痛 |
[00:26] | and the needle and the blood. | 还有各种针头跟血 |
[00:28] | Yeah, I wouldn’t mention that stuff when you tell him. | 我也建议你跟他说的时候别提这些 |
[00:30] | Uh, can’t you tell him? | 不能你去跟他说得拔牙吗 |
[00:32] | I’m not gonna tell him. | 我才不要当这个坏人 |
[00:34] | – But you’re his doctor. – And you’re his mommy. | -但你是他的医生啊 -你还是他的妈咪呢 |
[00:36] | Which means that I have to deal with him all the time. | 所以我平常照顾他已经够头疼的了 |
[00:38] | – Help me out here. – No. | -你就不能帮帮我吗 -不要 |
[00:41] | Okay. Can we tell him together? | 好吧 那我们一起跟他说呢 |
[00:43] | No. | 我不 |
[00:46] | All right. | 那这样 |
[00:48] | What if I put your business card, free of charge, | 如果我免费把你的诊所联系方式 |
[00:52] | in the next church newsletter? | 放进下期的教堂新闻报呢 |
[00:56] | So, Sheldon, little bit of dental news. | 谢尔顿 有个牙齿相关的事情跟你说 |
[00:59] | You have a baby tooth that never fell out. | 你有一颗乳牙一直还没掉 |
[01:02] | Neat. Even my teeth are stubborn. | 厉害 连我的牙都很顽固 |
[01:05] | Anyway, in order for your teeth to come in straight, | 所以为了让你的新牙长得整齐 |
[01:10] | Dr. Bowers is gonna need to pull it out. | 得让鲍尔斯医生帮你拔掉 |
[01:13] | Why didn’t I hear this from him? | 为什么不是他来通知我这件事 |
[01:15] | I had the same question. | 我也想知道啊 |
[01:16] | But a tooth extraction is a major procedure. | 但是拔牙是个大手术 |
[01:18] | Not necessarily. | 算不上啦 |
[01:20] | Will there be blood? | 会流血吗 |
[01:22] | A little. | 一点点 |
[01:23] | Will there be a needle? | 会有针头吗 |
[01:24] | Maybe, but you won’t feel it, | 或许吧 但你不会感觉到痛 |
[01:25] | ’cause he’s gonna put you under first. | 因为他会先麻醉你 |
[01:27] | Put me under? With drugs? | 麻醉我 用药吗 |
[01:28] | That’s even more dangerous. | 危险程度又增加了 |
[01:30] | Sheldon, lots of people get their teeth pulled. | 谢尔顿 很多人都拔过牙啊 |
[01:32] | It’s not a big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[01:35] | Stop enjoying this. | 别幸灾乐祸了好吗 |
[01:36] | – Sorry. – No, you’re not. | -我错了 -你才不觉得呢 |
[01:38] | No, I’m not. | 的确是不觉得 |
[01:40] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:43] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:46] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:49] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:51] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:58] | 巴拉德运动用品店 | |
[02:03] | This is not exactly the date night I’d envisioned | 今天晚上这约会夜的情景 |
[02:05] | when I was shaving my legs. | 完全不是我刮腿毛时预想的那样 |
[02:07] | I’m almost done. | 我就快好了 |
[02:09] | We’re elderly, you know? | 我们是老人好吗 |
[02:10] | If anything, dinner should be early. | 正常来说 我们晚饭应该很早吃 |
[02:12] | Well, I’ll tell you what, when I’m finished, | 我跟你说 等我弄完了 |
[02:13] | I am gonna whisk you off to the finest– | 我就立刻带你去最高级 |
[02:16] | and the only– Chinese food place in town. | 也是本地唯一的一家中国餐厅吃饭 |
[02:19] | Ying’s? Their nachos are weird. | 英家餐馆吗 它家的玉米饼好怪 |
[02:23] | I don’t know, it’s not a bad idea | 不过呢 其实我们偶尔 |
[02:24] | to maybe venture out of Medford once in a while. | 出一趟梅德福晃晃也不错啊 |
[02:28] | Even better, why don’t we go away for the weekend? | 我们出去一整个周末岂不是更美哉 |
[02:30] | Uh, come on– You know how hard it is for me to get out of the store. | 别这样 你也懂我离开店里有多麻烦 |
[02:34] | What’s the point of being the boss | 如果不能让别人代劳 |
[02:35] | if you can’t get somebody else to do your work for you? | 那你这个老板还有什么好当头啊 |
[02:38] | Uh, I might be able to leave Georgie in charge. | 我或许可以让小乔治来代管吧 |
[02:41] | My grandson? | 我孙子吗 |
[02:43] | That’d be the one. | 是他没错 |
[02:44] | I want to go, so I’m just gonna say “good idea.” | 我很想出去玩 所以我就说”好主意”吧 |
[02:53] | Hi, Sheldon, what can I do for you? | 你好啊 谢尔顿 有什么需要帮忙啊 |
[02:55] | Do you have any books or videos on the Lamaze technique? | 你有任何拉梅兹呼吸法的书或影片吗 |
[02:58] | Uh-oh. Georgie get that girl pregnant? | 糟糕 是小乔治把女生肚子搞大了吗 |
[03:01] | It’s for me. I need to have a tooth pulled, | 是我要用 我得去拔一颗牙 |
[03:03] | and I’d like to do it without putting my brain on drugs. | 而我不想使用麻醉药物 以免影响我的大脑 |
[03:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:07] | I’ve seen that commercial with the egg in the frying pan. | 我看过打蛋进锅的拒绝毒品广告了 |
[03:07] | 美国80年代知名的拒绝毒品广告 里面演示吸毒是把蛋[脑子]打入滚热的油锅[毒品] | |
[03:10] | Very effective. | 非常有效果 |
[03:11] | Well, since this is a high school, | 毕竟我们这里是高中 |
[03:12] | we don’t have material about giving birth on the shelves. | 所以图书馆书架上没有任何有关生育的书 |
[03:16] | But… | 但是呢 |
[03:18] | since this is a high school, | 也毕竟这里是高中 |
[03:19] | I keep a few things here under the counter. | 我在柜台底下放了几本 |
[03:24] | 《掌握自己的生育过程》 | |
[03:24] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[03:25] | And I’ll let my brother know, | 我也会跟我哥说一声你这有 |
[03:26] | in case he gets himself in a pickle. | 免得哪天他出了什么”意外状况” |
[03:35] | You’re having a tooth pulled, not having a baby. | 你只是去拔个牙 又不是要生小孩 |
[03:39] | If it can work for getting an eight-pound human | 如果这招可以让从产道 |
[03:41] | through a birth canal, it can work for a tiny tooth. | 生出7斤的小孩不痛 那对拔颗小牙齿肯定有用 |
[03:44] | Eight pounds? I’m never having kids. | 7斤吗 我这辈子永远也不要生小孩 |
[03:47] | Fun fact: she ended up having four. | 有趣小故事 她最后生了4胎 |
[03:50] | And if I do, I’m taking any drugs they’ll give me. | 如果哪天真的要生 我一定各种止痛麻醉全都要 |
[03:53] | That part was true. | 这点倒是真的 |
[03:57] | Hey, Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[03:59] | I’m thinking about taking your meemaw away for this weekend. | 我打算这周末带你姥姥出去玩 |
[04:02] | Okay. You have my blessing. | 可以啊 我同意了 |
[04:05] | Thank you. And I was wondering, maybe, | 谢谢啊 我在想的是或许… |
[04:07] | if you’d look after the store while I’m gone. | 能不能麻烦你帮忙我照看店里 |
[04:09] | You saying I’m the manager? | 你是说要升我当主管吗 |
[04:11] | No, I-I’m saying I want you to look after the store | 不是啦 我是要你在我不在的这两天 |
[04:13] | while I’m gone. | 帮忙我看个店 |
[04:15] | But in a managerial capacity. | 让我以管理人身份代管对吧 |
[04:19] | You think you can handle it? | 你觉得你能搞定吗 |
[04:20] | Yes, sir. I will make you proud. | 当然啦 我一定不会辜负你的期望 |
[04:22] | Great. | 太好啦 |
[04:23] | Can I fire people? | 我能炒人鱿鱼吗 |
[04:25] | No. | 不能 |
[04:26] | Can I get paid more? | 我工资会多一点吗 |
[04:27] | No! | 不会 |
[04:28] | Can I at least change the music we play here? | 那我好歹能换掉这里播的音乐吧 |
[04:30] | What’s wrong with the music we play here? | 我们这里放的音乐有什么问题 |
[04:32] | Nothing, it’s just kind of grandpa music. | 没问题啊 只是有点老爷爷音乐 |
[04:35] | Well, how is this “grandpa music”? | 这音乐怎么就”老爷爷风”了 |
[04:38] | Do you listen to it? | 你听这些歌吗 |
[04:40] | Yeah. | 听啊 |
[04:41] | Do you have grandchildren? | 你有孙子吗 |
[04:42] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[04:43] | Do you see where I’m going with this? | 那你应该能猜到我接下来要说的了吧 |
[04:49] | Okay, Sheldon, you ready? | 好了 谢尔顿 你准备好了吗 |
[04:50] | Not really. | 不太 |
[04:51] | Yeah, that makes two of us. | 我也跟你同感 |
[04:52] | Why don’t you guys come on back? | 要不你们先进来吧 |
[04:54] | You know what? I’m just gonna stay here. | 我看我就不进去了 |
[04:56] | Um, you don’t need me getting in your way. | 我也不想进去碍手碍脚干扰你做事 |
[04:58] | Oh, it’s no trouble at all. Come on. | 完全不麻烦 进来吧 |
[04:59] | I’ve got my crochet. | 我可以打毛线 不无聊 |
[05:00] | – You’re coming. – Fine. | -你得进来 -行 |
[05:07] | So, you don’t need to worry about needles | 你不用害怕需要打针什么的 |
[05:09] | ’cause we’re gonna put you under for the procedure. | 因为过程中我们会麻醉你 |
[05:10] | No, thank you. There are risks associated with anesthesia. | 谢谢 不用了 麻醉有很多的风险 |
[05:14] | Feel free to jump in. | 有意见随时可以说 |
[05:15] | Are there any other options? | 还有什么其他的选择吗 |
[05:16] | Well, he could stay awake for it, | 他是也可以醒着拔啦 |
[05:17] | but we’d have to give him novocaine. | 不过我们得先让他注射麻药 |
[05:19] | No needles. Just pull the tooth. | 不要打针 直接拔就行了 |
[05:21] | Okay. Just so you know… | 行啊 我就先跟你说 |
[05:23] | I’m gonna be using this. | 我们会用到这个来拔 |
[05:29] | Drugs, please. | 麻醉吧 麻烦了 |
[05:33] | You go to this casino often? | 你常去这个赌场吗 |
[05:35] | Kind of. | 算吧 |
[05:36] | So don’t be surprised if everybody knows my name, | 所以你别惊讶别人能够叫出我名字 |
[05:39] | how I take my whiskey and the color of my lucky bra. | 知道我喝酒习惯 或我幸运胸罩什么颜色 |
[05:42] | Purple. | 紫色 |
[05:43] | No, that’s my “get lucky” bra. | 不是 那是我的”性”运胸罩 |
[05:47] | So, what are you into? Craps, roulette? | 所以你爱赌哪种 骰子 轮盘 |
[05:50] | Well, not much of a gambler. | 我这个人不是很爱赌啦 |
[05:52] | You just left Georgie in charge of your store, so… disagree. | 你刚把店交给小乔治管 这还不算赌徒吗 |
[05:58] | Mm, he’s a lot smarter than you think. | 他比你以为的还要聪明很多啦 |
[06:01] | Maybe you’re not as smart as I think. | 或许你比我以为的要笨许多 |
[06:05] | Well, if you like me just for my body, I’m okay with that. | 如果你喜欢我纯粹是为了我的身子 我不介意 |
[06:10] | 绝不老爷爷风金曲合集 | |
[06:15] | There you go. I hope you enjoyed your shopping experience. | 给 希望您对今天的购物体验感到满意 |
[06:18] | – I did. – I’d let the manager know, | -很满意啊 -我愿意为你转达主管 |
[06:20] | but he already does, ’cause it’s me. | 但主管已经知道了 因为我就是主管 |
[06:23] | I’ll take it. | 我买了 |
[06:24] | It’s been a pleasure to serve you. | 很高兴今天能为您服务[发球] |
[06:27] | You might want to slow down. | 您稍微悠着点 |
[06:28] | We don’t have a license to sell guns in here. | 我们店里可没有贩枪[肌肉]证 |
[06:31] | Just kidding, it’s Texas. We got them in the back. | 开玩笑的 这里是德州[爱枪] 我们有证 |
[06:35] | Okay, Sheldon, we’re gonna put the mask on. | 好的 谢尔顿 我们会帮你戴上面罩 |
[06:37] | Now you just breathe normally and count back from 100. | 你就正常呼吸 然后从100数到0就行 |
[06:40] | But counting back from 100 isn’t complex enough to occupy my mind. | 但是倒着数100太简单了 无法分散我注意力 |
[06:44] | You’re up again. | 又轮到你上场了 |
[06:46] | Why don’t you think of something more sciencey? | 那你何不想一些更科学点的东西呢 |
[06:49] | Like counting pi. | 比如数π之类的 |
[06:51] | That’s a thing, right? Pi? | 有这个东西的对吧 π |
[06:53] | I can’t count pi, it’s an irrational number. | 我不能倒着数π 他是个无理数 |
[06:56] | But I can embrace the spirit of your proposal | 但我秉着你提议的这个精神 |
[06:58] | and calculate the matrix coefficients | 我可以计算统一场论 |
[07:00] | necessary for a unified field theory. | 所需要的矩阵系数 |
[07:02] | Do that. Hit it. | 算吧 上家伙 |
[07:06] | Of the four fundamental forces, | 在四种基本力中 |
[07:08] | the most difficult to unify is gravity because… | 最难统一的力是重力 因为… |
[07:13] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[07:22] | Step right up. | 请上前来 |
[07:23] | 透特 | |
[07:25] | Step right up for your chance to meet Thoth! | 上前来获得面见透特的机会 |
[07:30] | The Egyptian god of knowledge. | 埃及神话中的智慧之神 |
[07:34] | He has all the answers. | 祂有一切问题的答案 |
[07:38] | No question too big | 无论是多高深 |
[07:41] | or small. | 或是多浅显的问题 |
[07:43] | Hello, young man. | 你好啊 年轻人 |
[07:44] | Do you have a question you’d like to pose? | 你有想问的问题吗 |
[07:48] | I do, but nobody in the history of science | 有 但是在科学史上 |
[07:51] | has ever been able to answer it. | 从来没有任何人能答出来答案 |
[07:52] | Well, they haven’t asked the great god Thoth! | 那是因为他们没来问过透特神 |
[08:00] | Right this way! | 请往这边走 |
[08:15] | Ask your question. | 提出你的问题 |
[08:18] | Do you really possess all knowledge? | 你真的拥有一切问题的答案吗 |
[08:20] | You only get one question, kid. | 孩子 你只有问一题的机会 |
[08:23] | You want that to be it? | 你确定你要问这个吗 |
[08:25] | Oh. No. | 不要 |
[08:27] | How can I unify the four fundamental forces of the universe? | 我怎么样才能统一宇宙中的四种基本力呢 |
[08:31] | Now we’re talking. | 总算问了像样的问题 |
[08:33] | In order to unify gravity, you must first understand | 要想统一引力 你首先必须先了解 |
[08:37] | that it is a distortion of space-time. | 它是时空的一种弯曲变形 |
[08:40] | Gravity. Of course. | 引力 当然啦 |
[08:43] | He even talks in his sleep. Why am I not surprised? | 睡着都会说话 我真是完全不意外啊 |
[08:48] | Didn’t feel it at all. That’s how good this helmet is. | 完全没感觉 这头盔就是这么赞 |
[08:51] | Want to take a whack? | 你想来敲一下看看吗 |
[08:53] | Try it on. | 戴上试试 |
[08:55] | I’ll be up front when you’re ready to buy it. | 你想结账就来前台找我吧 |
[09:02] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[09:07] | Damn it. | 靠 |
[09:10] | 皇家赌场 | |
[09:11] | 26 for the twins’ birthday, | 双胞胎的生日26号 |
[09:14] | three for Georgie and Mary wouldn’t like it | 小乔治的生日3号 玛丽不会高兴 |
[09:18] | if I used her birthday for gambling, so 13 for her. | 我用她生日来赌博的 所以就她生日13号吧 |
[09:23] | All right. For my grandson’s birthday, I’m gonna go black, | 好吧 用我孙子的生日 我选黑色 |
[09:26] | ’cause I don’t remember. | 因为我不记得他生日了 |
[09:27] | No more bets. | 停止下注 |
[09:31] | 26 black. | 26黑色 |
[09:35] | Hooray for the grandkids! | 孙子们万岁 |
[09:36] | Whenever the hell they were born! | 不管他们是哪一天出生的 |
[09:39] | You want to go to the bar? | 你想去酒吧喝一杯吗 |
[09:40] | No, we’ve hit. | 不 我们好运当头 |
[09:41] | We gotta ride this out. | 得乘胜追击 |
[09:43] | Double zero. | 两个0 |
[09:44] | – Ride’s over. – To the bar! | -好运到头了 -去酒吧 |
[09:53] | Where am I? | 我在哪 |
[09:54] | Oh, you died. You’re a ghost now. | 你死了 你现在是孤魂野鬼了 |
[09:57] | What? | 什么 |
[09:58] | Look who’s awake. | 看谁醒啦 |
[10:00] | How are you feelin’? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[10:02] | I had a dream. | 我做了个梦 |
[10:05] | I solved a unified field theory. | 我解开了统一场论 |
[10:08] | Well, good for you. | 那很棒啊 |
[10:10] | But I can’t remember it. | 但我不记得了 |
[10:12] | Well, you were mumblin’ something | 你当时一直在咕哝 |
[10:14] | about gravity and forces. | 引力和基本力什么的 |
[10:17] | You need to be more specific. | 你得说具体一点 |
[10:19] | Shelly, you weren’t makin’ much sense. | 谢利 你当时只是胡言乱语 |
[10:22] | Mother, a unified field theory is the holy grail of physics. | 妈妈 统一场论就是物理界的圣杯 |
[10:26] | Solving it would be the greatest breakthrough | 如能解开 那将是科学史上 |
[10:28] | in the history of science. | 最伟大的突破 |
[10:30] | And you forgot it. | 然而你却忘了 |
[10:32] | That’s funny. | 好搞笑 |
[10:35] | Hello, Dr. Bowers, it’s Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 鲍尔斯医生 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[10:38] | I need you to administer more anesthesia to me. | 我需要你再给我开一些麻醉药 |
[10:41] | No, I don’t have a dental problem. | 不 我牙齿没问题 |
[10:43] | I need to reenter a trancelike state so I can communicate | 我只是需要再进入恍惚状态 这样我才能 |
[10:45] | with Thoth, the god of knowledge. | 和知识之神透特交流 |
[10:49] | I would argue that the greatest discovery in physics | 但我认为物理界最伟大的发现 |
[10:51] | is worth losing your dental license. | 值得你丢掉牙医执照来换取 |
[10:53] | Well, it’s not my fault you let them | 你让黄页公布你家庭电话号码 |
[10:54] | publish your home phone number. | 又不是我的错 |
[10:57] | Well, this is my favorite table here. | 这是我在这里最喜欢的桌子 |
[11:00] | Well, sure, every time you put down money, you win. | 当然了 你每次放下钱都能赢 |
[11:06] | Oh, this is nice. | 这感觉挺好 |
[11:09] | You know, I really don’t get away from the store enough. | 我真应该多离开店铺 |
[11:14] | How come you’re still workin’ at your age? | 你这把年纪了怎么还在工作 |
[11:16] | What do you mean “my age”? | 我这把年纪是什么意思 |
[11:17] | I mean you’re old. | 就是你已经很老了 |
[11:19] | I’m not old. | 我才不老 |
[11:21] | Well, I’m old and you’re older than me. | 我够老了 你比我更老 |
[11:23] | Yeah, that’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[11:25] | But we make it look good though. | 但我们老了也风韵犹存 |
[11:27] | You don’t want to be that guy | 人可不要成为那种 |
[11:28] | that just works till he drops dead. | 临死前都还在工作的人 |
[11:30] | I mean, maybe you should retire. | 也许你该退休了 |
[11:33] | Have a little fun. | 享受一下人生 |
[11:35] | Well, I’m here with you. | 我不是跟你来玩了吗 |
[11:36] | That’s a good start, ’cause I’m fun. | 这是个好开始 因为我可会享受人生了 |
[11:39] | Oh, man, you sure as hell are. | 你当然是玩乐达人 |
[11:45] | Hey, you know what’d be fun? | 你知道什么会很享受吗 |
[11:47] | New Orleans is just an hour away from here. | 新奥尔良离这里只有一小时车程 |
[11:49] | Oh, I like where this is headed. | 我感觉你会说出中听的话 |
[11:51] | And they got themselves a 24-hour wedding chapel. | 那里有24小时不打烊的婚礼教堂 |
[11:57] | What? | 什么 |
[12:00] | No! | 不要 |
[12:02] | What do you mean “no”? | 不要是什么意思 |
[12:03] | We’re good together and we’re both old. | 我们处得很开心 而且我们都老了 |
[12:06] | That’s what you said. | 是你自己说的 |
[12:07] | We-we haven’t even said “I love you” yet! | 我们都还没对对方说过我爱你 |
[12:10] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[12:11] | I love you. | 那我爱你 |
[12:17] | You… you’re not gonna say anything back? | 你… 你不打算回应吗 |
[12:19] | Not under these circumstances! | 在这种情况下我当然不回应 |
[12:25] | Ah, goddang it. | 该死 |
[12:29] | Dale?! | 戴尔 |
[12:35] | I’d like to report a robbery. | 我想报警 有人盗窃 |
[12:38] | Well, before I tell you my name, is there any way we can do this | 我自报姓名前 你先告诉我 |
[12:40] | where the owner of the store don’t find out? | 这事能不能不让店主知道 |
[12:44] | Because he left me in charge and I really screwed up. | 因为他让我管事 我却闯大祸了 |
[12:48] | At least $400. | 至少四百美元 |
[12:51] | I know it’s a lot. That’s why I said I screwed up. | 我知道很多钱 所以才说我闯大祸了啊 |
[12:57] | I got to think about this. | 我得好好考虑一下 |
[12:58] | I-I’ll call you back. | 我回头打给你 |
[13:01] | If I was going to recapture my insight | 如果我要重获 |
[13:04] | into a unified field theory, I needed to find a way | 对统一场论的灵感 我需要设法 |
[13:07] | to put myself back into an altered state of consciousness. | 让自己回到意识改变状态 |
[13:11] | Native Americans would | 印第安人的办法是 |
[13:13] | sit in sweat lodges for hours to achieve this. | 在蒸汗帐篷里坐上数小时 |
[13:17] | I lasted a minute and a half. | 我只坚持了一分半钟 |
[13:19] | Self-hypnosis is another means | 自我催眠也是 |
[13:22] | of bringing stillness to the mind. | 让大脑停摆的方法 |
[13:26] | When it isn’t giving you a heart attack! | 但有让你吓到心脏病发的风险 |
[13:29] | The whirling dervishes of Central Asia | 中亚的回旋苦行僧 |
[13:31] | employ a repetitive spinning technique | 会通过疯狂自转 |
[13:34] | to achieve a trancelike state. | 来进入恍惚状态 |
[13:49] | You didn’t have to storm off. | 你没必要气呼呼走掉吧 |
[13:54] | You’re being childish. | 你这样好幼稚 |
[13:57] | So I don’t want to get married. | 我不想结婚又怎么样 |
[13:58] | It’s nothing personal. | 又不是针对你 |
[14:00] | Well, it feels personal. | 感觉就是针对我 |
[14:02] | I’m not rejecting you. | 我不是拒绝你 |
[14:04] | I’m rejecting marriage. | 我只是拒绝婚姻 |
[14:06] | If it helps, it’s not the first proposal | 安慰你一下 我不是第一次 |
[14:08] | I’ve turned down. | 拒绝别人求婚了 |
[14:10] | How the hell does that help? | 这能安慰个屁啊 |
[14:13] | After everything that I’ve done | 我为你和你家人 |
[14:15] | for you and your family! | 付出了那么多 |
[14:17] | You give my grandson a job, so I’m supposed to marry you? | 你赏我外孙一份工作 我就得以身相许吗 |
[14:21] | Well, you can forget I even asked. | 就当我没求过婚吧 |
[14:29] | After my other attempts | 在其他 |
[14:30] | to return to the trancelike state of anesthesia failed, | 重返恍惚状态的尝试都失败后 |
[14:33] | I turned to something Nancy Reagan herself | 我转而求助于第一夫人南希·里根 |
[14:35] | told me to “just say no” to. | 叫我”坚决拒绝”的东西[毒品] |
[14:38] | My mind-altering substance of choice was… | 我选择的致幻物是… |
[14:41] | chamomile tea. | 洋甘菊茶 |
[14:43] | But not your grandma’s chamomile tea. | 这可不是你姥姥喝的那种老人助眠茶 |
[14:45] | A highly concentrated super chamomile of my own making. | 而是我自制的高度浓缩超级洋甘菊茶 |
[14:50] | All the relaxing power of 30 cups of chamomile tea | 整整30杯洋甘菊茶的舒缓效力 |
[14:54] | packed into a teaspoon of calming sludge. | 蕴含在一茶匙的镇定神浆里 |
[14:58] | Sorry, Mrs. Reagan. | 里根夫人 抱歉我堕落了 |
[14:58] | 美国前总统夫人南希·里根曾大力推行反毒运动 | |
[15:22] | Okay, grand unified field theory, | 好了 大统一场论 |
[15:24] | here I come. | 我来了 |
[15:44] | This isn’t working. | 没起作用啊 |
[15:46] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[15:49] | Seems to be working fine and dandy. | 看起来效果奇佳呢 |
[15:54] | Mr. Einstein? | 爱因斯坦先生 |
[15:55] | I’m very excited to talk to you, | 能跟您对话我很激动 |
[15:57] | but I was hoping to hear | 但我原本是希望 |
[15:58] | from Thoth, the Egyptian god of knowledge, | 和埃及知识之神透特交流 |
[16:00] | so he could teach me the grand unified field theory again. | 那样他就能再教我大统一场论 |
[16:03] | Ooh, the grand unified field theory! | 大统一场论啊 |
[16:06] | Well, la-di-da. | 哎哟喂 |
[16:09] | He told it to me in a dream, but I can’t remember. | 他在梦里告诉过我 但我不记得了 |
[16:13] | All right, hang on. | 等一下 这位朋友 |
[16:15] | Where is the fun in finding things out | 这么做还有什么发现乐趣可言 |
[16:17] | if some joker with a bird head | 让一个长着鸟头的怪咖 |
[16:19] | just tells you the answer? | 直接告诉你答案 |
[16:21] | But a grand unified field theory would explain the universe. | 但大统一场论能解释宇宙奥秘啊 |
[16:25] | Answers are all well and good, | 知道答案当然很好 |
[16:27] | but a real scientist loves the thrill of the chase. | 但真正科学家喜欢的是追逐真相的快感 |
[16:30] | Am I right, Hawking? | 我说得对吗 霍金 |
[16:31] | I would agree. | 我同意 |
[16:33] | I do also enjoy the thrill | 不过我也喜欢 |
[16:35] | of rolling over bubble wrap with my chair. | 用轮椅碾过气泡纸的快感 |
[16:38] | It-it is fun to pop that stuff, isn’t it? | 戳破气泡纸的确很爽 对吧 |
[16:41] | – So fun. – But what if I never figure it out? | -爽爆了 -但如果我永远解不开这难题呢 |
[16:44] | I never did | 我也没解开啊 |
[16:45] | and my scientific career is nothing to sneeze at. | 但我的科学贡献依然不可小视 |
[16:48] | – Same here. – Agreed. | -我也是 -同意 |
[16:50] | Uh, don’t-don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[16:52] | I-I drive a Yugo. | 我只开得起南斯拉夫车 |
[16:55] | So none of you can help me? | 所以你们都帮不了我吗 |
[16:56] | I believe I can. | 我想我能帮你 |
[16:58] | Sheldon, if I was offered a choice | 谢尔顿 如果让我在 |
[17:01] | between all the knowledge of the universe or the endless pursuit of it, | 拥有所有知识和无尽追求科学真理中二选一 |
[17:06] | I would choose the pursuit. | 我会选择追求 |
[17:09] | That’s very insightful. | 非常深刻 |
[17:10] | Hold it, hold it– he didn’t come up with that! | 等等 那不是他自己想的 |
[17:12] | He stole it from Gotthold Lessing. | 他是盗用了戈特霍尔德·莱辛的话 |
[17:15] | Who’s-who’s Gotthold Lessing? | 戈特霍尔德·莱辛是谁呀 |
[17:17] | He’s an 18th century German philosopher. | 他是18世纪的德国哲学家 |
[17:21] | Now do you mind? | 你们能消停了吗 |
[17:22] | We girls are trying to have some fun over here. | 你们吵到我们女孩子玩乐了 |
[17:26] | – Apologies. – Sorry, Cyndi Lauper. | -抱歉 -对不起 辛蒂·劳帕 |
[17:27] | Our bad. | 我们错了 |
[17:28] | I-I like fun. | 我… 我喜欢玩乐 |
[17:32] | While I made my peace | 虽然我已经接受了 |
[17:34] | with not having the solution to a unified field theory, | 我目前无法解开统一场论的奥秘 |
[17:37] | my intestines did not make peace | 但我的肠胃却接受不了 |
[17:39] | with concentrated chamomile syrup. | 浓缩洋甘菊糖浆 |
[17:42] | Oh, dear. | 惨了 |
[17:44] | Bathroom emergency! Bathroom emergency! | 爆厕警告 爆厕警告 |
[17:52] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[17:54] | I locked this. | 我明明锁门了 |
[17:58] | Who’s here? | 谁在里面 |
[18:00] | I’ll call the cops! | 我要报警了 |
[18:01] | It’s just me. | 是我而已 |
[18:02] | Why you back so soon? | 你怎么这么快就回来了 |
[18:05] | None of your business. | 不关你事 |
[18:08] | How’d it go yesterday? | 昨天店里怎么样 |
[18:09] | It was good. | 本来挺好的 |
[18:11] | Until it wasn’t. | 后来就不好了 |
[18:13] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:15] | I was helping a customer, | 我当时在帮客人 |
[18:17] | and I guess I forgot to close the register, | 我可能忘记关上收银机了 |
[18:20] | ’cause when I got back to it, all the money was gone. | 因为我回柜台后 发现钱都不见了 |
[18:23] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我呢吧 |
[18:24] | I screwed up. | 我闯祸了 |
[18:26] | Did you call the police? | 你报警了吗 |
[18:27] | I didn’t want to get them involved. | 我不想让警察来处理 |
[18:29] | But I was gonna make it right. | 但我会摆平的 |
[18:32] | Here, take it. | 给你 拿去 |
[18:38] | So we good? | 我们没事了吧 |
[18:40] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[18:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:44] | Get out of my store. | 给我滚出去 |
[18:46] | Now. | 现在就滚 |