时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – So, he’s really good to graduate? – He sure is. | -所以他真的可以毕业了吗 -当然 |
[00:05] | Do you think I can make it from one end | 你觉得我有办法 |
[00:07] | of the college campus to the other | 10分钟内从大学校区的一侧 |
[00:08] | in under ten minutes, including a bathroom break? | 走到另一侧而且还包含上厕所的时间吗 |
[00:11] | How important is the bathroom break? | 这上厕所的时间重要吗 |
[00:12] | Very. The class schedules are designed | 非常重要 课程表是设计给 |
[00:14] | for fully grown bladders, and mine is child-sized. | 膀胱完全成熟的成年人 但我的膀胱还是小孩版 |
[00:17] | One other bit of business. | 另外还有一件事 |
[00:18] | Since you’re graduating top of the class, | 你提早毕业而且成绩又是第一 |
[00:20] | that makes you our valedictorian. | 你会是优秀毕业生致辞代表 |
[00:22] | I’m so proud of you, baby. | 宝贝 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[00:24] | You seem surprised. | 感觉你挺意外啊 |
[00:26] | Well, it’s quite an accomplishment. | 这可是挺了不起的成就呢 |
[00:28] | In this school? I don’t think so. | 在这所学校里当第一吗 还好吧 |
[00:31] | We’re really gonna miss you. | 我们绝对会想死你的 |
[00:35] | I’ve always enjoyed math word problems. | 我从小就喜欢解数学应用题 |
[00:38] | Try wrapping your noggin around this one. | 你也来试着解解看这题吧 |
[00:40] | A brilliant young boy named Sheldon | 有位聪明绝顶名叫谢尔顿的少年 |
[00:42] | is about to start college. | 马上要去上大学了 |
[00:44] | He needs to get from his linear algebra class | 他需要从线性代数课堂教室 |
[00:46] | to his physics class, which is 822 meters away. | 赶到距离822米的物理学教室 |
[00:50] | If his stride is 23 inches long and he only has ten minutes, | 如果他一步是58.4公分 而且只有10分钟的时间 |
[00:54] | how many steps would he have to take per minute | 他每分钟需要走多少步 |
[00:57] | to make it on time? It’s a doozy, isn’t it? | 才能够准时到达教室呢 是个难题吧 |
[01:00] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[01:01] | I’ll show my work. | 我会演示我的计算过程 |
[01:02] | First, we must determine the maximum velocity achievable | 首先 我们需要计算出在不出汗的情况下 |
[01:06] | without breaking a sweat. | 最快的速度是多少 |
[01:08] | Sweating is for jocks and those who are worried the jig is up. | 只有运动员跟做坏事担心被抓的人才会流汗 |
[01:20] | Hi, Sheldon. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[01:21] | Not now, Billy. I’m in the middle of a math problem. | 比利 我现在没空 正在解数学题呢 |
[01:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:29] | Darn it. | 可恶 |
[01:32] | What are you looking for? | 你在看什么呢 |
[01:33] | Chest hairs. | 胸毛 |
[01:34] | Is there any chance I’ll hit puberty in the next few weeks? | 我有可能在接下来的几周间进入青春期吗 |
[01:37] | Oh, God, I hope not. Why? | 天啊 可千万别 为什么这么问 |
[01:40] | The campus is so big, I’ll never make it from one class to another | 校区太大了 我光凭自己绝对赶不上课 |
[01:42] | without a solid dose of testosterone. | 必需得有睾丸酮来为我加速了 |
[01:45] | Maybe they’ll let you leave early so you’ll have time. | 教授可能会让你先走去赶课啊 |
[01:48] | But the end of the class is when | 可是通常课堂结束前那几分钟 |
[01:49] | I point out the teacher’s mistakes. | 是我指出那堂课老师错误的时间 |
[01:50] | Everybody loves that. | 大家都可喜欢我指出错误了 |
[01:52] | I’d say run across campus, | 我想建议你用跑的 |
[01:54] | but I know how you feel about sweating. | 但是我知道你对流汗是怎么想的 |
[01:56] | It’s the urine of the skin. | 那是皮肤的尿 |
[01:58] | Why not ride your bike? | 那你为什么不骑你的自行车呢 |
[02:00] | I considered that, but I can’t let my colleagues | 我想过这件事 但我不能让我的同僚 |
[02:02] | see me with training wheels. They’ll think I’m a child. | 看到我骑有辅助轮的车 他们会觉得我是小孩子 |
[02:05] | Can’t have that. | 可不能让他们有这种想法 |
[02:09] | See any fuzz growing? | 能看到腋毛冒出来的迹象吗 |
[02:11] | Let me look. | 我看看啊 |
[02:14] | No, Meemaw! Bad Meemaw. | 姥姥不要 你个坏人 |
[02:17] | What do you want? | 你找我干嘛 |
[02:18] | I was hoping you could help me build up my leg muscles | 我希望你能帮忙训练我腿部肌肉 |
[02:20] | to increase my speed. | 来增加我的走速 |
[02:22] | If you don’t want people chasing you, be less annoying. | 如果你不想被别人追打 你就别那么惹人厌 |
[02:24] | It’s so I can get to my classes on time. | 是为了要赶上上课时间啦 |
[02:27] | Sheldon, you know you ain’t gonna work out. | 谢尔顿 你清楚你自己根本不会想锻炼 |
[02:29] | I will. This is important. | 我会想 这事情很重要 |
[02:31] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[02:33] | Here. Hold these. | 给 你举着这个 |
[02:35] | Now, keep your back straight | 你要保持背部挺直 |
[02:36] | and bend your knees like this. | 然后把膝盖像这样弯曲 |
[02:56] | Dad, you’re a football coach. | 爸爸 你是球队教练 |
[02:58] | Do you use human growth hormone | 你们有在用人类生长激素 |
[03:00] | to enhance the performance of your players? | 来增加球员的身体机能吗 |
[03:02] | We lost our last game 63 to 9. What do you think? | 我们上一场比赛输给人家 比分是63:9 你说呢 |
[03:05] | I think you should look into human growth hormone. | 要我说 你们该开始找激素来用了 |
[03:08] | And if you do, send some this kid’s way. | 如果你们开始用了 也弄一点来给我吧 |
[03:11] | With no access to controlled substances, | 由于无法弄到受管制的药品 |
[03:13] | I was left with only one option. | 我只剩下最后一条路了 |
[03:15] | Missy, will you teach me to ride a bike tomorrow? | 米希 你明天可以教我怎么骑自行车吗 |
[03:17] | – Why not Mom? – Working. | -为什么不叫妈教你 -她要工作 |
[03:19] | – Meemaw? – Old. | -姥姥呢 -太老了 |
[03:20] | – Dad? – Fat. | -老爸呢 -太胖了 |
[03:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:26] | I’m such a good person. | 我真是个人美心善的好人啊 |
[03:28] | All right. You’re gonna pedal. | 好的 等一下你就踩踏板就对了 |
[03:30] | I’m gonna run behind and hod you up. | 我会在背后边跑边给你扶着 |
[03:31] | I’m nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[03:32] | Just pedal. You’ll be fine. | 不停踩踏板就行了 没事的 |
[03:35] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[03:36] | – Not really. – Go. | -不太 -出发 |
[03:39] | I’m doing it. | 我成功了 |
[03:39] | – Okay, I’m gonna let go. -Don’t let go. | -好啦 我要放手啦 -别放手 |
[03:41] | – I’m letting go. – Don’t let go. | -我要放手了 -别放手啊 |
[03:42] | – I already let go. – You let go? | -我手已经放掉了 -你已经放掉了吗 |
[03:44] | I let go. | 放掉了 |
[03:46] | I’m doing it. | 我成功了 |
[03:47] | – You’re doing it! – I’m doing it! | -你成功了 -我成功啦 |
[03:55] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[03:58] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[04:00] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[04:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[04:06] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[04:13] | – Dad, Sheldon got hurt. – How? | -老爸 谢尔顿受伤了 -怎么发生的 |
[04:15] | A chicken chased him into a mailbox. | 有鸡追他 害他撞到邮筒 |
[04:17] | Course it did. | 真是不意外呢 |
[04:21] | If I knew you could run, I would’ve let you teach him. | 早知道你这么会跑 我就让你教他了 |
[04:24] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[04:25] | Belinda got off her leash. | 贝琳达挣脱了她的鸡链 |
[04:27] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[04:28] | My arm really hurts. I want Mom. | 我的手臂好痛啊 我想要妈妈来 |
[04:30] | You got me. Now, let me take a look. | 我在呢 让我看看 |
[04:32] | – Don’t touch it. – I’m not gonna hurt you. | -别碰它 -我不会弄痛你的 |
[04:34] | I’m sorry, but you are too big to be delicate. | 抱歉 只是你身材太大老粗 感觉就不细致 |
[04:37] | I’m delicate. | 那我也很细致 |
[04:38] | Just want to see if you can bend it. | 我只想看看你还能不能弯它 |
[04:39] | I can’t. It hurts too much. | 不能 太疼了 |
[04:42] | I’m gonna take him to the emergency room. | 我要带他去急诊室 |
[04:45] | Come on. | 起来 |
[04:46] | – You gonna be okay? – Yeah. | -你能照顾自己吧 -能 |
[04:50] | Have fun! | 玩得愉快 |
[04:54] | This is bad. | 情况真糟糕 |
[04:55] | You’re gonna be just fine. | 你会没事的 |
[04:57] | This is the arm I write with. | 这是我写字的那只手 |
[04:58] | This is the arm I eat with. | 也是我用来吃饭的那只手 |
[05:00] | This is the arm I do the Vulcan salute with. | 还是我用来行瓦肯人礼的那只手 |
[05:03] | It’s not too swollen. That’s a good sign. | 没有肿得太大 这是好现象 |
[05:05] | You’re not a doctor. | 你又不是医生 |
[05:06] | But I see this on the football field all the time. | 但我在球场上看过太多这情况了 |
[05:09] | Football players are meant to be hurt. | 橄榄球员受伤是正常的 |
[05:10] | I’m meant to be cherished. | 而我是脆弱的小娇花 |
[05:12] | Okay. Looks like you fractured your ulna. | 片子上看起来 你的尺骨裂了 |
[05:15] | Oh, no. | 惨了 |
[05:16] | Two weeks in a cast, you’ll be good as new. | 打两周的石膏 你的手臂就会重获新生 |
[05:18] | A cast? Don’t those get sweaty? | 打石膏 那岂不是会闷到都是汗吗 |
[05:20] | – They can. – And itchy? | -有可能 -还会发痒 |
[05:22] | – A little. – Can it get wet? | -一点点吧 -那它能弄湿吗 |
[05:24] | Not supposed to. | 不应该弄湿 |
[05:25] | Then how am I supposed to take a shower? | 那我要怎么洗澡啊 |
[05:26] | Well, some people wrap it in a garbage bag. | 有些人会在外面套上一层垃圾袋再洗 |
[05:28] | That’s where garbage goes. | 那是用来装垃圾的东西 |
[05:29] | Did you get a discount doctor because we’re poor? | 你有因为家里没钱 就找了便宜医生吗 |
[05:32] | Shelly, you okay? | 谢利 你没事吧 |
[05:34] | – I fractured my ulna. – He’s fine. | -我弄裂了尺骨 -他没事 |
[05:36] | I told you you didn’t need to come down here. | 我都跟你说了不需要特别跑过来一趟 |
[05:37] | My baby is in the emergency room. | 我的宝贝儿子进了急诊室 |
[05:40] | Yeah, with his father. | 是啊 但有他爸爸陪着呢 |
[05:41] | Who let him get hurt. | 让他受伤的爸爸 |
[05:43] | Me? I wasn’t even there. | 关我什么事 我当时都不在场 |
[05:44] | If anything, it was Missy’s fault. | 真的要怪 那也是米希的错 |
[05:45] | And Belinda Sparks. | 还有贝琳达·斯巴克斯 |
[05:47] | – Who? – A chicken. | -谁 -一只鸡 |
[05:48] | What does a chicken have to do with this? | 这件事跟鸡有什么关系 |
[05:50] | You know what, I’m gonna let the nurse come in | 两位 我去请护士小姐进来 |
[05:52] | and put the cast on. | 帮他把石膏打上 |
[05:54] | Don’t worry, baby. You’re gonna be just fine. | 别担心宝贝 你会没事的 |
[05:57] | – Thanks, Mom. – That’s what I been saying the whole time. | -谢谢你 妈妈 -我跟他说无数遍了好吗 |
[06:00] | But she cherishes me. | 但她真心宝贝我 |
[06:08] | That’s so cool. | 真的好酷啊 |
[06:09] | Can I sign it? | 我能在上面签名吗 |
[06:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:12] | ‘Cause that’s what kids do. | 因为小孩子都是这么做的啊 |
[06:13] | Why would I care what kids do? | 我为什么会在乎其他小孩子都怎么做 |
[06:15] | So when it’s over, you can have a cool reminder? | 这样当你拆掉之后 就有很酷的纪念品啊 |
[06:17] | I don’t want a reminder. This is traumatic. | 我不想要纪念 这是严重创伤 |
[06:20] | I might need counseling. | 我可能需要找心理治疗师呢 |
[06:22] | Come on, don’t be lame. Let me sign it. | 别这么无聊嘛 让我签 |
[06:24] | You’re just gonna write something mean. | 你肯定会在上面写很恶劣的话 |
[06:26] | You don’t commit a crime and sign your own name. | 哪有人会在犯罪后还留下自己的名字呢 |
[06:28] | Learned that one the hard way. | 这件事我可是被上过惨痛的一课 |
[06:33] | Hey, Brenda. | 布兰达你来啦 |
[06:34] | Hey. I just wanted to check in and see how Sheldon’s doing. | 我就想来看看谢尔顿情况怎么样 |
[06:40] | He’ll be fine. It’s just a little fracture. | 没事的 就是一点骨裂 |
[06:43] | Oh. Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子啊 |
[06:45] | Please know we feel terrible. | 请相信我们心里真的很过意不去 |
[06:48] | Eh, accidents happen. | 人生意外难免啦 |
[06:50] | Hey, speaking of accidents, | 说到意外 |
[06:52] | which this clearly was, | 整个治疗过程 |
[06:56] | insurance covers everything, right? | 都是有意外险理赔的对吧 |
[06:58] | If you’re worried about me sending you a bill, don’t be. | 如果你是在担心我会让你付医药费 你安心吧 |
[07:00] | Wasn’t worried. | 没在担心这个啦 |
[07:02] | I just wanted to bring you some food as a peace offering | 我只是想给您们送来一点食物表达歉意 |
[07:05] | and promise it will never happen again. | 并跟你们保证再也不会有这种情况发生 |
[07:08] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢啊 |
[07:09] | Ooh, fried chicken. | 是炸鸡呢 |
[07:14] | Never again. | 再也不会 |
[07:17] | “I hope your arm gets better soon. | “我希望你手臂快快好起来 |
[07:20] | XO, Missy.” See? | 亲亲抱抱 米希” 你看 |
[07:23] | – Nothing mean. – Thank you. | -没写什么坏话 -谢谢 |
[07:25] | My sister could have a big heart. | 我姐姐或许善良心大 |
[07:27] | If only that were true of her brain. | 但是她的脑子就不太大了 |
[07:29] | That’s the wrong “Your.” | 你把”你的”写成”你是”了 |
[07:31] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[07:32] | It’s supposed to be Y-O-U-R. | 你把”的”写成”是”了 |
[07:34] | What you wrote means, “I hope you are arm gets better.” | 你写的意思变成”我希望你是手臂 快快变好” |
[07:38] | You defaced my body with a grammatical error. | 你用错字玷污了我的身体 |
[07:41] | I guess that’s your problem. Y-O-U-R. | 我想这是你”的”问题了 |
[07:49] | Left-handed knocking. Wild. | 左手敲门 太新鲜刺激了 |
[07:52] | – Georgie? – What? | -小乔治 -干嘛 |
[07:55] | You’re left-handed. Now that I’ve joined your ranks, | 你是左撇子 我现在加入了你的阵营 |
[07:57] | I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect. | 我想问你左撇子的生活会如何 |
[08:00] | I don’t know. To me, it’s just normal. | 不知道啊 对我来说用左手很正常 |
[08:02] | But the vast majority of people are right-handed. | 但是大多数的人口都是右撇子啊 |
[08:05] | There must be some challenges. | 肯定会碰到什么困难吧 |
[08:08] | It’s hard to cut stuff with scissors. | 用剪刀的时候会很难剪 |
[08:09] | Mom handles most of my cutting needs. | 我需要剪东西时 本来就几乎都被妈妈包办了 |
[08:11] | Uh, when you shake hands, it’s the wrong hand. | 当你跟别人握手时 会不顺手 |
[08:14] | I don’t shake hands. It’s disgusting. | 我不跟人握手 太恶心了 |
[08:18] | Oh! When driving, the gear shifter’s on the right side. | 当你开车的时候 变速杆是在右手边 |
[08:21] | And I’m not old enough to drive. | 我也还没到能开车的年纪 |
[08:23] | Being a lefty doesn’t seem so bad. | 当个左撇子看起来也没那么糟嘛 |
[08:25] | I don’t know why you complain so much. | 我不知道为什么你有这么多抱怨 |
[08:32] | Don’t worry, baby. | 宝贝 不用担心 |
[08:33] | I cut everything into bite-size pieces for you. | 我把所有东西都切成能一口吃的大小了 |
[08:36] | Maybe you could chew it up and spit it in his mouth. | 要不你干脆帮他嚼好再吐进他嘴里 |
[08:38] | – Please? – Let’s just say grace. | -求你啦 -我们来做饭前祷告 |
[08:45] | Will you two help him with his mittens? | 你们俩能帮他戴下手套吗 |
[08:46] | Maybe he doesn’t wear them. | 他也可以不戴啊 |
[08:48] | Then I’m not holding hands. | 那我就不牵手了 |
[08:49] | We ain’t got to hold hands? Sweet. | 我们不用牵手了 脱难了 |
[08:51] | – I like when we hold hands. – We are holding hands. | -我喜欢一家人牵手 -我们要牵手 |
[08:54] | Let’s go. Mittens. | 快点 戴手套 |
[08:55] | – Fine. – Fine. | -遵命 -遵命 |
[08:56] | Gently. Gently. | 轻点 轻点 |
[08:58] | I’m doing it gently. | 我已经很轻柔了 |
[09:00] | Well, your tone suggests otherwise. | 你的语气显示你并不是 |
[09:01] | Just give me your hand. | 把手给我啦 |
[09:04] | Gently. | 轻点 |
[09:08] | There. | 好了 |
[09:12] | Bless us, Lord, for the food we are about to receive, | 感谢神赐给我们如此丰盛的食物 |
[09:14] | and bless the hands that prepared it. | 感谢辛勤准备的人 |
[09:16] | And bless Sheldon’s arm to heal strong and quick. | 请您保佑谢尔顿的手臂快速有力康复 |
[09:19] | Strongly and quickly. | 是快速有力地康复 |
[09:20] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[09:21] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[09:23] | I’ve never operated a fork with my left hand before. | 我从没用左手操作过叉子 |
[09:26] | I hope this goes well. | 希望这会顺利 |
[09:27] | When my buddy Mikey got the cast off his leg, | 我哥们迈奇摘掉腿上的石膏后 |
[09:29] | you would not believe how skinny and smelly it was. | 你都不会相信那条腿有多瘦弱和臭 |
[09:32] | Like beef jerky with toes. | 就像长了脚趾的牛肉干 |
[09:34] | Can we please just eat? | 我们能开饭了吗 |
[09:38] | Chicken’s good. | 鸡肉很好吃 |
[09:39] | Mrs. Sparks made it. | 斯巴克斯太太做的 |
[09:46] | My first bathroom attempt. | 第一次如厕尝试 |
[09:48] | Let’s hope this goes well. | 希望能顺利 |
[09:50] | Let me know if you need help. | 如果需要帮忙就告诉我 |
[09:52] | I think I’ll be okay. | 应该没问题 |
[09:53] | It’s just number one. | 只是上小号 |
[09:55] | I’m here if you need me. | 有需要就随时叫我哦 |
[09:59] | Mom, I can’t get my zipper down! | 妈妈 我没法拉下裤链 |
[10:02] | I’m coming. | 我来啦 |
[10:05] | I am not saying | 我不是说 |
[10:07] | my mother and I had a codependent relationship. | 我和我妈有着互相依赖的关系 |
[10:10] | Mom, I can’t get my zipper up! | 妈妈 我拉不上裤链 |
[10:13] | I’m on my way! | 来了来了 |
[10:14] | But she did have a tendency to baby me, and boy howdy, | 但她就喜欢把我当小婴儿宠 老天 |
[10:18] | was I okay with that. | 我当年怎么好意思接受 |
[10:21] | – How’s this? – It’s like I’m doing it myself. | -力道如何 -简直就像我自己的手在刷 |
[10:32] | Ooh, you got it. | 你剔到了 |
[10:33] | Yup, chicken. | 没错 是鸡肉 |
[10:36] | I don’t have to tell you to be gentle. | 不用我提醒你也知道要轻点吧 |
[10:38] | No, you don’t. | 当然不用 |
[10:42] | – Washcloth? – Washcloth. | -毛巾呢 -毛巾 |
[10:45] | -Soap? – Soap. | -肥皂呢 -肥皂 |
[10:49] | – Shampoo? – Shampoo. | -洗发水呢 -洗发水 |
[10:51] | Baby shampoo? | 是婴儿无泪配方吗 |
[10:52] | Does E equal MC squared? | E是不是等于mc² |
[10:54] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[10:56] | “The quantum properties of matter are to be associated | “量子物质特性是与 |
[11:00] | with incompletely defined potentialities, | 不完全定义的势能有关 |
[11:04] | which can be more definitely realized…” | 这更可以被实现…” |
[11:12] | All right, you’re gonna pedal. | 好的 等一下你就踩踏板就对了 |
[11:14] | I’m gonna run behind and hold you up. | 我会在背后边跑边给你扶着 |
[11:15] | I’m nervous. | 我很紧张 |
[11:16] | Just pedal. You’ll be fine. | 骑就是了 不会有事的 |
[11:18] | You’re gonna get hurt! | 你会受伤的 |
[11:20] | What? | 什么 |
[11:21] | Put us back on! | 快把我们装回去 |
[11:23] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[11:24] | You need us. We’ll keep you safe! | 你需要我们 我们能保护好你 |
[11:27] | This is weird. | 这好诡异哦 |
[11:29] | We’re a team. | 我们是团队 |
[11:30] | You and I belong together. | 我和你是一个整体 |
[11:33] | No. I have to grow up and go to college. | 不 我得长大 去念大学 |
[11:35] | Forever! | 永远 |
[11:36] | Getting weirder. | 诡异度升级 |
[11:38] | Forever… | 永生… |
[11:40] | and ever! | 永世 |
[11:48] | – “That is, if we try to picture the position…” – No. | -“也就是说 假如想象其位置…” -不 |
[11:52] | Mom’s my training wheels. | 妈妈是我的辅助轮 |
[11:55] | I can’t have training wheels. | 我不能用辅助轮 |
[11:57] | – Mom’s my training wheels. – Lot of noise over there. | -妈妈是我的辅助轮 -你们那边好吵 |
[12:03] | Everything okay? | 没出什么问题吧 |
[12:05] | I’m not sure. | 我不太确定 |
[12:06] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[12:08] | He was muttering in his sleep that | 他在睡梦中嘀咕说 |
[12:10] | I am his training wheels. | 我是他的辅助轮 |
[12:12] | What on earth does that mean? | 这到底是什么意思啊 |
[12:14] | Well, let’s think about it. | 我们来分析一下 |
[12:16] | Training wheels are for little kids. | 辅助轮是给小孩用的 |
[12:18] | Maybe he doesn’t want to be a little kid anymore. | 也许他不想再当个小孩了 |
[12:21] | What does that have to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系 |
[12:24] | You have made it your life’s mission to hold him up. | 你把支撑他当成人生目标 |
[12:28] | What are you saying here? | 你在胡说什么啊 |
[12:29] | That I am wrong to love and protect my son? | 我爱和保护我儿子难道有错吗 |
[12:32] | That he doesn’t need his mother to keep an eye on him? | 他不需要他的老母亲照看他吗 |
[12:35] | I’m not saying that. I… | 我没这么说 我… |
[12:37] | I would never say that. | 我永远不会这么说的 |
[12:39] | All right then. | 那好吧 |
[12:43] | I’m not an idiot. | 我又不是笨蛋 自己讨骂 |
[12:47] | Did you have a tough time when your kids started being independent? | 你的孩子开始学会独立时 你有难以接受过吗 |
[12:50] | I’ll let you know. | 到那天我会告诉你 |
[12:52] | What does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[12:53] | Means one of ’em is still sitting in my kitchen | 意思就是其中一个孩子还赖在我家厨房 |
[12:55] | whining about something. | 跟我发牢骚 |
[12:58] | Could you be supportive for once? | 你就不能支持我一回吗 |
[13:01] | Yes, watching your kids grow up is hard. | 是啦 看着孩子长大是很难接受的 |
[13:05] | So how do you handle it? | 那你怎么应付的 |
[13:07] | I find a little bourbon in my coffee does the trick. | 我发现往咖啡里加点波旁威士忌就能解决问题 |
[13:10] | And we’re back to being not helpful. | 你又说风凉话不帮忙了 |
[13:13] | Look, you haven’t even gotten to the worst part of it yet. | 听着 现在还没到你最难受的阶段 |
[13:16] | They’re gonna leave home. | 他们会离开家 |
[13:17] | – They’re gonna move to another city. – Oh, Lord. | -搬到另一个城市 -老天 |
[13:19] | They’re gonna tell you | 他们会告诉你 |
[13:20] | their loser boyfriend has knocked them up. | 被废柴男友搞大了肚子 |
[13:24] | – Just to be clear, that would be you. – Sorry. | -为免你没弄清 说的就是你 -对不起 |
[13:27] | – Turned my hair gray overnight. – I said sorry. | -害我一晚就愁白了头发 -我不是道歉了吗 |
[13:30] | Clearly, you’re not in the mood to help. | 很显然你没心情帮我 |
[13:33] | Listen, it’s hard being a parent, | 听着 为人父母不易 |
[13:36] | but if you do it right, they don’t need you anymore. | 但如果你做对了 他们就不再需要你了 |
[13:40] | Well, I don’t like that. | 可我不喜欢这样 |
[13:43] | I get it, but I just don’t like it. | 我都懂 但我就是不喜欢 |
[13:47] | Well, I’d point out, you’ll always have your husband, | 我本来想指出 你丈夫永远都在你身边 |
[13:50] | but you want me to be “helpful.” | 但你想要我”帮忙” 我就不说这没用的了 |
[13:56] | Johannes Diderik van der Waals. | 约翰内斯·迪德里克·范德瓦耳斯 |
[13:59] | Nils Gustaf Dalen. | 尼尔斯·古斯塔夫·达伦 |
[14:02] | Heike Kamerlingh Onnes. | 海克·卡末林·昂内斯 |
[14:04] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛啦 |
[14:06] | Listing Nobel Prize winners in physics. | 列举各位诺贝尔物理学奖得主 |
[14:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:10] | To keep me from cracking this cast like a coconut | 为了阻止我像砸椰子一样把石膏砸烂 |
[14:12] | and scratching my skin off. | 然后狠狠抓痒 |
[14:14] | I need Mom to sing “Soft Kitty.” | 我需要妈妈唱《软猫猫》给我听 |
[14:16] | Don’t do it. | 千万别 |
[14:18] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:19] | You’re being a baby again. | 你又像个小孩一样撒娇 |
[14:20] | But I’m injured. | 但我受伤了啊 |
[14:22] | Big deal. You broke your arm. | 不过是手臂骨折 算什么 |
[14:24] | Look at Stephen Hawking over there. | 你看那边的斯蒂芬·霍金 |
[14:26] | He’s in a wheelchair. | 他都坐轮椅了 |
[14:28] | You don’t hear him whining about it with his robot voice. | 但你听过他抱怨自己的机器人声音吗 |
[14:33] | So you’re saying he and I are brilliant minds | 你意思是我和他都是旷世奇才 |
[14:36] | who have both suffered great physical adversity. | 双双遭遇逆境 但仍身残志坚 |
[14:39] | That’s not even close to what I’m saying. | 这跟我说的差了十万八千里 |
[14:41] | Well, that’s what I heard. | 反正我听到的是这意思 |
[14:43] | And if Hawking doesn’t let it stop him, | 如果霍金不被命运打倒 |
[14:46] | then I can’t let this cast stop me. | 那我也不能被这石膏打倒 |
[14:48] | Great. Go back to sleep. | 太好了 赶紧躺下睡觉吧 |
[14:50] | I will, and I’ll do it all by myself. | 我会的 而且我会独立完成 |
[14:59] | ♪ Soft kitty, warm kitty ♪ | ♪ 软猫猫 暖猫猫 ♪ |
[15:01] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷啊 |
[15:03] | ♪ Little ball of fur ♪ | ♪ 小毛球猫猫 ♪ |
[15:05] | ♪ Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr. ♪ | ♪ 笑猫猫 困猫猫 咕噜咕噜咕噜 ♪ |
[15:19] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[15:21] | Missy, I did it! | 米希 我做到了 |
[15:24] | What? | 什么 |
[15:25] | I slept through the night. | 我一觉安稳睡到天亮 |
[15:27] | What time is it? | 现在几点 |
[15:29] | 6:14. | 6点14分 |
[15:30] | This is why people hate you. | 所以大家都不喜欢你 |
[15:33] | My sister’s crankiness did not dampen my enthusiasm. | 我姐姐的暴脾气没有浇灭我的热情 |
[15:37] | A chicken may have fractured my arm, | 我虽然被一只鸡弄折了手臂 |
[15:39] | but nothing could break my can-do spirit. | 但没什么能挫败我积极进取的精神 |
[15:43] | All in the bowl, none on me. | 全尿进马桶里了 一滴都没沾到我 |
[15:45] | I call that a successful urination. | 这就是一次成功的排尿 |
[15:46] | Great. Go teach your brother. | 很好 也去教教你哥哥啊 |
[15:51] | I will not be denied my jelly. | 谁也别想阻碍我吃到果酱 |
[15:55] | Yes! | 好样的 |
[15:56] | Watch out, peanut butter. You’re next. | 小心咯 花生酱 下一个就轮到你 |
[15:59] | Who would like to tell us | 有谁愿意分享 |
[16:01] | how God touched their lives this week? | 这周被上帝影响的经历 |
[16:04] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[16:05] | He didn’t, because He doesn’t exist. | 祂没有 因为祂并不存在 |
[16:06] | Then why raise your hand? | 那你为什么要举手 |
[16:08] | Not just any hand. My left hand. | 不是随便一只手哦 是我的左手 |
[16:10] | Because I’m able to overcome any obstacle. | 因为我能跨越任何人生障碍 |
[16:12] | And maybe God helped you do that. | 也许是上帝帮你做到的 |
[16:14] | Actually, it was Stephen Hawking, | 其实是斯蒂芬·霍金 |
[16:15] | and he’s better because he exists. | 他更厉害 因为他真实存在 |
[16:18] | Yes, ’cause God made him. Anybody else? | 对 因为是上帝造出他的 还有人想分享吗 |
[16:20] | – Billy. – Is this gonna be on the test? | -比利 -这道题考试会考吗 |
[16:23] | Oh, boy. | 神啊 救救我 |
[16:24] | I took a moment to reflect on my journey of the last two weeks. | 我花了点时间回想我过去两周的人生旅程 |
[16:29] | Such emotional growth was worthy of a majestic bubble beard. | 如此浓烈的情感成长值得我玩一次威严的泡泡假胡子 |
[16:36] | Perhaps my sister was right. | 或许我姐姐说得对 |
[16:40] | This was a time I’d want to remember. | 我会想铭记这段特殊日子 |
[16:42] | Dad, will you sign my cast? | 爸爸 你能在我的石膏上签名吗 |
[16:45] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[16:50] | And if you have any grammar questions, please ask first. | 如果你有任何语法上的疑问 先请教我 |
[16:58] | “Have a great summer. Georgie.” | “祝你有个愉快的暑假 小乔治” |
[17:01] | Normally I’d write, “Have a bitchin’ summer,” | 通常我会写 “祝你有个超屌的暑假” |
[17:03] | but I figured you wouldn’t like that. | 但我觉得你应该不会喜欢 |
[17:05] | I wouldn’t. | 我的确不会 |
[17:06] | My meemaw wrote… | 我姥姥给我写了 |
[17:08] | “To my brave Moon Pie. | “我勇敢的小饼饼 |
[17:10] | You handled this like a true Texan.” | 你像个真正的德州猛汉一样勇挫困难” |
[17:15] | My mom wrote… | 我妈妈写道 |
[17:17] | “Shelly, you’ll always be my baby, | “谢利 你永远都是我的小宝贝 |
[17:20] | “But I’m so proud of the young man you’ve become. | 但我很骄傲你成长为一个优秀少年 |
[17:24] | Love, Mom.” | 爱你的妈妈” |
[17:27] | And Billy wrote… | 比利写的是 |
[17:29] | “Billy.” | “比利” |
[17:37] | The next day, I got my cast off. | 第二天 我把石膏摘了下来 |
[17:40] | In a world where I valued symmetry, I was relieved | 我这种追求对称性的强迫症人士 |
[17:43] | to see that both my arms were as pale and skinny as ever. | 看到我两条手臂依旧苍白瘦弱就放心了 |
[17:47] | But this Texan had unfinished business to tend to. | 但本德州猛汉还有未完成的事要处理 |
[17:51] | Want me to get you started? | 想让我扶你一段吗 |
[17:52] | No, I can do it. | 不 我自己能行 |
[17:59] | And I did do it. | 我的确做到了 |
[18:01] | I rode my bike without training wheels like an adult. | 我像大人一样畅骑没有辅助轮的自行车 |
[18:05] | It would take more than a chicken | 区区一只鸡 |
[18:06] | or the threat of a fractured bone to scare me. | 或骨折的威胁可吓不倒本猛汉 |
[18:09] | It would take a brown beast named Scraps. | 但一只叫”剩饭饭”的棕色猛兽可以 |
[18:14] | Mommy?! | 妈咪 |
[18:16] | I rode my bike 11 miles that day. | 我那天逃命足足骑了11英里 |
[18:18] | Mommy! | 妈咪 |