时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hello. I’m Sheldon Cooper, and this is | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 欢迎收看 |
[00:05] | “Why Sheldon Cooper Should Go to College.” | 《谢尔顿·库珀为何该去上大学》 |
[00:07] | Which is why I’m proposing that I live at home | 所以我提议我住在家里 |
[00:09] | but enroll full-time to continue my studies | 但去东德州理工继续师从斯特吉斯博士 |
[00:11] | with Dr. Sturgis at East Texas Tech. | 就读全日制本科 |
[00:14] | Hi, Mary. | 你好 玛丽 |
[00:16] | I know this must be a hard decision for you, | 我知道这对你来说一定是个艰难的决定 |
[00:19] | but if you let him come here, | 但如果你让他来这里上学 |
[00:22] | I promise we’ll take good care of him. | 我保证我们会照顾好他 |
[00:26] | Sheldon Cooper: ready for college, ready to change the world. | 谢尔顿·库珀准备好上大学 改变世界了 |
[00:31] | Cut. | 停 |
[00:32] | If that doesn’t convince her, I don’t know what her problem is. | 如果这都不能说服她 我真不知道她哪根筋不对 |
[00:40] | I’m excited to finally use college-ruled paper | 我好兴奋终于能正当用大学格纸 |
[00:43] | and not feel like I’m living a lie. | 且不用再觉得自己是骗子了 |
[00:45] | What’s college-ruled paper? | 什么是大学格纸 |
[00:47] | The lines are 18% closer together. | 每行的间隔缩小了18% |
[00:49] | College sounds hard. | 大学感觉好难啊 |
[00:51] | You won’t have to worry about that, honey. | 你就不用担心大学的事了 宝贝 |
[00:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:54] | Missy, don’t forget that you have to pick out a present | 米希 你别忘了选好你下周去生日会 |
[00:57] | for that birthday next week. | 要送人家的礼物 |
[00:58] | Mom, it’s “Melissa” now. | 妈 现在请叫我梅丽莎 |
[01:01] | Middle school. | 上中学了 |
[01:02] | – Who’s Melissa? – Me. | -谁是梅丽莎 -我 |
[01:04] | Then who’s Missy? | 那谁是米希 |
[01:05] | “Missy” is short for “Melissa.” | “米希”是”梅丽莎”的乳名版 |
[01:07] | Like how “Billy” is short for “William.” | 就像”比利”是”威廉”的乳名版 |
[01:10] | I don’t understand. | 我听不懂 |
[01:12] | You know how your real name is William? | 你知道你的真名其实是威廉吧 |
[01:14] | I’m Billy. | 我叫比利 |
[01:15] | No, we call you Billy, but your real name is William. | 不是 我们叫你比利 但你真实的名字是威廉 |
[01:18] | But my underpants say “Billy” in them. | 但我的内裤上绣的是比利啊 |
[01:22] | Mom, is my name William? | 妈妈 我的名字叫威廉吗 |
[01:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:26] | Then whose underpants am I wearing? | 那我都穿了谁的内裤啊 |
[01:30] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:33] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:36] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:39] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:42] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:51] | Thanks again. | 真的谢谢你 |
[01:52] | Robin is gonna be thrilled with this. | 罗宾看到一定会超开心 |
[01:54] | Oh, don’t thank me. Thank Mary. | 不用谢我 你谢玛丽吧 |
[01:56] | She’s the one who said I had to do it. | 是她命令我来做的 |
[01:58] | Just out of curiosity, did she also mention | 我好奇问一下 她有跟你提 |
[02:00] | helping me build the crib at some point? | 之后也得帮忙我做一个婴儿床吗 |
[02:03] | No. | 没有 |
[02:04] | Well, act surprised when she does. | 那她告诉你时 别忘了装第一次听到 |
[02:07] | Dang it. | 靠 |
[02:12] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在搞什么鬼 |
[02:14] | Trying to get the bike started. | 我在试着修复这摩托啊 |
[02:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:17] | So I can ride it. | 因为我想骑它 |
[02:18] | Like hell you are! | 骑你个大头鬼 |
[02:20] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:22] | You don’t use it. | 你自己又不骑 |
[02:24] | ‘Cause your mother won’t let me. | 因为你妈不准我骑啊 |
[02:25] | And if I can’t, you can’t. | 她不让我骑 你也别想骑 |
[02:27] | If I get it running, can I at least sell it? | 如果能重新发动 好歹让我拿去卖了吧 |
[02:29] | No. | 不行 |
[02:30] | But it’s just sitting here. What’s the point? | 它也就闲置在那边 留着干嘛 |
[02:32] | Point is I said no. | 我说不行就是不行 |
[02:35] | I can’t believe someone so lame even owned a bike like this. | 你人这么机车 为什么会有这么帅的机车呢 |
[02:43] | Why are kids such a pain in the ass? | 为什么孩子们这么令人糟心啊 |
[02:47] | I’m sure yours will be great. | 我相信你的孩子肯定会很棒 |
[02:51] | I feel like this cover really says who I am now. | 我觉得这笔记本封面展现出了现在的我 |
[02:55] | That looks like all your notebooks. | 看起来跟你所有的笔记本都差不多 |
[02:56] | Missy got ponies. Melissa gets horses. | 米希用的是小马 梅丽莎用的是骏马 |
[03:02] | Hello, Coopers. | 库珀一家你们好 |
[03:03] | Dr. Sturgis here. | 我是斯特吉斯博士 |
[03:04] | This is a message for Mary. | 这条留言是给玛丽的 |
[03:07] | I have some news I need to share with you | 我有一些新闻想在 |
[03:09] | before Sheldon starts college. | 谢尔顿开始上大学前跟你分享 |
[03:12] | Please call me back. | 有空请回电 |
[03:15] | I wonder why he’d want to talk to you and not me. | 他为什么会是要告诉你而不是我呢 |
[03:18] | Dr. Sturgis again. | 还是斯特吉斯博士 |
[03:20] | If Sheldon happened to hear that last message | 如果谢尔顿意外听到了上一条留言 |
[03:22] | and is wondering why I’d want to speak to his mother first | 正在疑问为什么我要先跟他妈妈说 |
[03:25] | and not him… | 而不是跟他说 |
[03:28] | Excellent question! | 非常棒的问题 |
[03:29] | It’s that kind of curiosity that makes him a true man of science. | 就是这样的好奇心令他成为真正的科学人 |
[03:37] | I’m a true man of science. | 我是真正的科学人 |
[03:45] | – Hello. – Hello, Dr. Sturgis. | -你好 -你好 斯特吉斯博士 |
[03:47] | This is Mary Cooper. | 我是玛丽·库珀 |
[03:49] | Hi. Thanks for calling me back. | 你好啊 谢谢你的回电 |
[03:52] | So, what’s going on? | 所以是发生了什么事呢 |
[03:54] | Everything okay? | 一切都还好吧 |
[03:55] | Yes, everything is quite good, actually. | 其实一切都非常好呢 |
[03:58] | Well, for me, that is. | 至少我一切都很好 |
[04:02] | Did you know there’s a supercollider being built | 你知道德州的沃克西哈奇那边 |
[04:05] | in Waxahachie, Texas? | 要盖一座超级对撞机吗 |
[04:08] | No. | 不知道 |
[04:09] | Do you know what a supercollider is? | 那你知道什么是超级对撞机吗 |
[04:12] | Not really. | 不太知道 |
[04:13] | Would you like a crash course? | 需要我帮你上一堂速成课吗 |
[04:15] | Which is humorous | 而且好笑的是 |
[04:17] | because it involves particles crashing into each other. | 这东西刚好跟物质”高速”对撞有关呢 |
[04:21] | I’d like you to tell me what this has to do with Sheldon. | 你告诉我这件事跟谢尔顿的关联在哪就行了 |
[04:24] | Well, that part’s less funny. | 那一部分就不那么好笑了 |
[04:28] | I’ve taken a job there. | 我接受了去那里工作 |
[04:31] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[04:32] | You’re not gonna be around when Sheldon starts college? | 所以谢尔顿去上学时 你不会在吗 |
[04:36] | That’s a great question. | 这是个很棒的问题 |
[04:38] | No. | 不会在 |
[04:39] | John, I agreed to let him go | 约翰 我同意让他去 |
[04:42] | because you were gonna be there to look after him. | 完全是因为你会在那里罩着他 |
[04:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:47] | And I feel terrible about it, but… | 我也很过意不去 但是… |
[04:49] | please understand, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. | 我希望你能理解 这是一生难遇的一份工作 |
[04:54] | I couldn’t turn it down. | 我无法拒绝它 |
[04:56] | Orientation starts next week. | 下周都要开始新生入学了 |
[04:58] | I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[05:00] | Well, I hope that you’re ready | 我希望你准备好去告诉他 |
[05:02] | to hear him freak out when you tell him. | 并接受他的”强烈”反应了 |
[05:05] | I was kind of hoping he’d just be excited | 我盘算着他会为我能加入超级对撞机团队 |
[05:07] | I get to work on the supercollider. | 而为我感到兴奋呢 |
[05:09] | Right, because being happy for other people | 那可不是嘛 谢尔顿的”强项” |
[05:11] | is where he shines. | 就是为别人感到高兴啊 |
[05:12] | A supercollider? | 超级对撞机吗 |
[05:14] | Well, you can’t say no to that. | 谁能拒绝掉这种机会啊 |
[05:15] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[05:17] | Ooh, can you get me a bumper sticker? | 你能帮我弄一张纪念保险杆贴纸吗 |
[05:19] | Did you know Dr. Sturgis was taking a new job? | 你知道斯特吉斯博士换了新工作吗 |
[05:23] | What job? | 什么工作 |
[05:24] | He went to work on some supercollider in Waxahachie. | 他去了沃克西哈奇搞什么超级对撞机 |
[05:28] | What do you mean “Went”? | “去了”是什么意思 |
[05:30] | He’s already there. | 他已经去工作了 |
[05:31] | – When did you hear this? – He just called. | -你什么时候听说的 -刚才跟他通电话 |
[05:34] | I was counting on him to be there for Sheldon. | 我本来寄望谢尔顿在大学里能有他照看 |
[05:37] | Well, you’d think he would’ve mentioned it to me. | 本来还以为这种大事他会想跟我说呢 |
[05:39] | Sheldon says it’s okay with him, | 谢尔顿说他没意见 |
[05:41] | but I would certainly feel a lot better | 但我要是想能安心 |
[05:43] | if there were adults there that I trusted. | 还是得大学里有我信任的大人啊 |
[05:46] | Nothing on the answering machine. | 答录机里也没有留言 |
[05:47] | He’s just a little boy, and he’s gonna be | 他就是个孩子 到时候他就得 |
[05:49] | on that big campus all by himself. | 自己在那么大的校园里 无依无靠 |
[05:51] | I mean, I know we’re not dating anymore, | 我知道我们是没在交往了 |
[05:53] | but I thought we were still friends. | 本以为好歹还算是朋友呢 |
[05:55] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[05:56] | I think you’re focusing on the wrong part of the story here. | 整件事你好像搞错重点了吧 |
[05:59] | He’s little, you’re worried. Please continue. | 他还小 你很担心 您继续 |
[06:02] | That sums it up. | 都让你总结完了 |
[06:05] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[06:14] | Missy. | 米希 |
[06:17] | What? | 干嘛 |
[06:18] | Help me with my clothes. | 帮我参谋一下穿什么衣服 |
[06:20] | Burn them and get new ones. | 烧掉你所有旧衣服 买新的吧 |
[06:22] | Please, it’s freshman orientation. | 拜托了 这可是新生入学日 |
[06:24] | I want to make a good impression. | 我希望给人好的第一印象 |
[06:26] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[06:28] | Which bow tie says mature enough to be in college | 哪个领结既能代表我已经足够成熟来读大学 |
[06:31] | but whimsical enough to discuss which came first, | 但是又足够幽默可以讨论 |
[06:33] | the Higgs field or the photon? | 希格斯场还是希格斯玻色子先出现 |
[06:36] | They both say weird kid who eats alone. | 它们都代表怪小孩只能一个人吃饭 |
[06:39] | Come on. I know you’re concerned about | 别这样 我知道你也会焦虑 |
[06:40] | what you’ll wear to middle school. | 上中学的时候该穿什么 |
[06:43] | Show me again. | 再给我看一眼 |
[06:46] | The blue one. Plaid’s too busy. | 蓝色那个 格子的太花哨了 |
[06:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[06:49] | Or don’t be the kid in a bow tie. | 或者别戴领结呗 |
[06:52] | This is not the day to go crazy. | 今天可不是拿来耍疯的日子 |
[06:57] | My son, the college freshman. | 我的儿子 大学新生 |
[07:00] | I can’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[07:02] | How can you not believe it? | 有什么好不相信的 |
[07:03] | You had to sign my vaccination form. | 我的疫苗接种表可是你签的字 |
[07:05] | Right. | 没错 |
[07:06] | So, what do you want to do first? | 那你想先去做什么 |
[07:08] | I was thinking we could start at the bookstore, | 我在想我们可以先去书店 |
[07:10] | try and beat the lines. | 避开排队高峰 |
[07:12] | I agree about the lines, but what do you mean “We”? | 我同意避开人流量 但你说”我们”是什么意思 |
[07:15] | I mean you and me. | 我指你和我 |
[07:16] | This is my first day. | 今天是我上大学第一天 |
[07:17] | I can’t be seen walking around | 我不能被别人看见 |
[07:19] | campus with my mommy. | 我跟我妈咪一起走在校园里 |
[07:20] | Well, it’s only orientation. | 今天只是新生入学日 |
[07:23] | Yes, and I’m quite capable of handling everything | 是的 我自己有能力应对今天 |
[07:25] | that I need to get done today on my own. | 必须要完成的所有事 |
[07:27] | I’m sure you are. | 我当然知道你有 |
[07:29] | I just figured, with Dr. Sturgis not around, | 我是在想 毕竟斯特吉斯博士不在 |
[07:32] | it might be nice if I could be. | 如果我在的话说不定会好一点 |
[07:34] | No one else’s mother is going to be. | 其他人的妈妈也不会在啊 |
[07:36] | You don’t know that. | 你可说不准 |
[07:38] | Well, I know mine isn’t. | 至少我妈妈不会 |
[07:40] | You might want to watch the attitude | 你或许要注意一下对待 |
[07:42] | to the person who’s driving you there. | 开车送你去大学的人的态度 |
[07:44] | Not all the way there. | 不用开到学校里 |
[07:45] | Drop me off a block away | 提前一个街区放我下来 |
[07:46] | so no one sees us together. | 以免别人看到我俩是一起的 |
[07:47] | Sorry, I am not leaving you alone your first day. | 抱歉 我才不会第一天就让你独自留在那儿 |
[07:50] | Yes, you are. | 你会的 |
[07:52] | For someone going into college, | 作为一个上大学的新生 |
[07:54] | you are acting very childish. | 你表现得非常幼稚 |
[07:56] | Maybe it just appears that way | 你会觉得我幼稚 |
[07:57] | because you see me with my mommy. | 有可能是因为你看到我跟妈咪走在一起 |
[08:02] | Boy, I remember putting one of these together for Georgie. | 我的天 我还记得当年也这样给小乔治组装床 |
[08:05] | It is great having y’all next door. | 做你们邻居真的太棒了 |
[08:08] | Did you not hear me yelling at Georgie last night? | 那你昨晚没听到我吼小乔治吗 |
[08:10] | It’s okay. I’m sure you’ll hear our little one | 没事 我相信你们马上要听到 |
[08:12] | crying soon enough. | 我们小孩的哭泣声 |
[08:13] | Missy was a crier. | 米希小时特爱哭 |
[08:16] | Sheldon just learned to talk and said, | 谢尔顿则是自己学会了讲话 他说 |
[08:18] | “Father, I have soiled myself.” | “爸爸 我把自己拉脏了” |
[08:20] | Well, he’s a miracle in his own way. | 他本人就是个独特的奇迹 |
[08:23] | Oh, you just put a positive spin on everything, don’t you? | 每件事你都会找到积极的角度 是吧 |
[08:26] | Kind of goes with the pastor territory. | 作为牧师难免这样的 |
[08:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:30] | What if I said | 如果我说 |
[08:32] | Mary and I have not had | 玛丽和我自从有小孩之后 |
[08:33] | a real vacation since we had kids? | 再也没有享受过假期 |
[08:37] | I like to believe starting a family | 我相信组建一个家庭 |
[08:38] | will be the most rewarding adventure of all. | 会是最美好的冒险旅程 |
[08:42] | You’re good. | 你嘴皮子很有一套 |
[08:44] | You could not be more wrong, but you’re good. | 你错得不能再离谱了 但你嘴皮子真有一套 |
[08:55] | Can you show me where the used physics textbooks are? | 您能告诉我物理二手书在哪里吗 |
[08:58] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[08:59] | Normally I would prefer a fresh new textbook, | 通常我喜欢崭新的教科书 |
[09:01] | but my father is a high school football coach. | 但我爸爸是高中橄榄球教练 |
[09:03] | Which is another way of saying we’re poor. | 换句话说就是我们家很穷 |
[09:05] | Here you go. | 就在这儿 |
[09:14] | Who owned this, a werewolf? | 前主人是什么人啊 狼人吗 |
[09:16] | Let’s talk about the weather. | 下面来说说天气 |
[09:17] | It’s going to be a beautiful sunny day today | 今天天气十分美丽晴朗 |
[09:19] | with temps reaching a high of 97. | 温度最高达36℃ |
[09:21] | Gross. | 真要命 |
[09:22] | In other news, President Bush will be traveling to Waxahachie | 另一则新闻 布什总统将在本月稍后几日 |
[09:26] | later this month to visit the site | 到访沃克西哈奇市 |
[09:28] | of a new supercollider. | 参观新的超级对撞机 |
[09:30] | Scientists are hopeful this will lead to exciting discoveries | 科学家们都期待着会有新的发现 |
[09:33] | in the world of part… | 对全球来说都… |
[09:38] | What? | 有何贵干 |
[09:39] | You said you’d show me how to hot-roll my hair. | 你说过要教我怎么用卷发棒 |
[09:41] | Oh, right. You still want to do that? | 对哦 你还想做吗 |
[09:44] | You’re cranky. | 你好像不太高兴 |
[09:45] | So maybe I shouldn’t be putting hot rollers on your head. | 所以或许不该让我把发烫的卷发器放到你脑袋上 |
[09:48] | Meh, you’re always cranky. Let’s do this. | 没事 你脾气向来如此 来吧 |
[09:56] | Not so bad. | 真不错 |
[09:59] | I would have highlighted that. | 我也会高亮这段的 |
[10:02] | And someone drew genitals. | 有人画了生殖器 |
[10:10] | Oh. Mrs. Cooper? | 库珀太太 |
[10:13] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[10:15] | Sam. | 我是萨姆 |
[10:16] | Yes, of course. | 我当然记得 |
[10:18] | Oh, from, um, Sheldon’s physics class. | 你跟谢尔顿一起上物理课 |
[10:21] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[10:22] | Oh, I’m-I’m good. Yeah. | 我很好 |
[10:24] | What brings you here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[10:25] | Sheldon’s freshman orientation. | 谢尔顿新生入学日 |
[10:27] | Oh, sure. Mm-hmm. | 原来如此 |
[10:29] | You didn’t want to go with him? | 你不想陪着他吗 |
[10:32] | I did, but, uh, | 我想啊 但是 |
[10:34] | he made it very clear that he did not want me | 他说得很清楚了 他今天不想 |
[10:36] | anywhere near him today. | 我跟在他身边 |
[10:38] | Well, I don’t know Sheldon well, but he can be a little… | 我对谢尔顿不太了解 但是他有点… |
[10:41] | Rude, obnoxious, condescending? | 没礼貌 讨人厌 还居高临下吗 |
[10:43] | Oh, hey, I do know him. | 哦 那我挺了解他的 |
[10:47] | So are you just gonna sit here? | 那你就一直坐在这儿吗 |
[10:48] | Uh, well, just until it’s time to drive him home. | 坐到送他回去的时候吧 |
[10:52] | Well, I can show you around campus. | 我可以带你参观一下校园 |
[10:53] | No, no, that’s okay. | 不用了 没事的 |
[10:55] | Yeah, no. Come on. I’ll buy you a school shirt. | 来吧 我给你买一件校园文化衫 |
[10:58] | Oh, he would be mortified to see me | 他看到我穿这种衣服 |
[11:01] | wearing one of those. | 肯定尴尬死了 |
[11:02] | That’s why I’m offering. Let’s go. | 这就是为什么我想这样做 我们走吧 |
[11:05] | Well, yeah. | 好啊 |
[11:10] | Wow, you’re really getting this together fast. | 哇哦 你组装速度超快啊 |
[11:13] | I feel like I’m not helping at all. | 我感觉自己一点儿也没帮上忙 |
[11:14] | Oh, come on now. | 哪有 |
[11:15] | You cut those oranges into nice little wedges. | 你把橙子切成非常好看的一片片 |
[11:18] | I do it for the kids at Sunday school. | 我专门为了主日学校的小孩学的 |
[11:20] | They go to town on ’em. | 他们都超爱吃 |
[11:24] | Did you feel ready before Georgie was born? | 小乔治出生之前 你有觉得自己做好准备了吗 |
[11:27] | Absolutely. | 当然有啊 |
[11:28] | Boy, was I wrong. | 我当时可真是大错特错啊 |
[11:31] | Why? Getting nervous? | 怎么 开始紧张了吗 |
[11:32] | Well, if I can’t get a crib built on my own, | 如果我连自己组装婴儿床都不行 |
[11:34] | how am I gonna be responsible for a human life? | 我又怎么对一个生命负责呢 |
[11:36] | Ah, you’ll figure it out. | 你会想出办法的 |
[11:38] | And no sense in worrying about it ’cause you never know | 没必要担心 因为你永远不知道 |
[11:40] | what kind of curveballs will come your way. | 朝你飞来的是哪种曲线球 |
[11:42] | I guess that’s true. | 这倒是没错 |
[11:44] | The doctors could tell us we were having twins, | 医生能告诉我们怀了双胞胎 |
[11:46] | but they couldn’t warn us we were having a Sheldon. | 但他们也没办法警告我们会有谢尔顿 |
[11:49] | – You don’t think I’m gonna…? – Oh, no. | -你不会觉得我也… -不会的 |
[11:51] | They broke the mold. | 我那俩也算是百年难得一见案例 |
[11:52] | But… | 但是… |
[11:53] | you could go the other way and have a Georgie, | 你也可能碰到另一种情况 生出小乔治 |
[11:55] | so… some terror is called for. | 所以稍微有点恐惧也是合理的 |
[12:03] | If you highlight everything, | 如果你高亮了所有文字 |
[12:04] | you highlight nothing. | 那就等于什么也没高亮 |
[12:08] | Young man, don’t move these books. | 年轻人 不要乱动这些书 |
[12:09] | I have a system. | 我有一套摆放原则的 |
[12:11] | How’s it look? | 看起来怎么样 |
[12:12] | Cute. | 很可爱 |
[12:14] | Why are you here? | 你怎么在这 |
[12:15] | I ran into Sam. | 我偶遇了萨姆 |
[12:17] | Yes, you’re a person I know. | 对 我认识你 |
[12:19] | Hey, aren’t you supposed to be getting your I.D. Photo? | 你不是该去拍证件照吗 |
[12:22] | – I got a little waylaid. – Can I help? | -我碰到了点麻烦 -要我帮忙吗 |
[12:25] | No, everything is perfectly under control. | 不用 万事尽在我掌控中 |
[12:27] | And take off that sweatshirt. You don’t go to school here! | 脱掉那件卫衣 你又不是这里的学生 |
[12:30] | See? | 瞧 |
[12:31] | Worth every penny. | 物超所值 |
[12:34] | Stay calm. You can make it. | 保持冷静 你能行的 |
[12:40] | Honestly, who drinks a Slurpee at 11:00 a.M.? | 真是的 谁会一大早11点喝思乐冰啊 |
[12:44] | Will this make me look older? | 这能让我看起来成熟些吗 |
[12:46] | Definitely. | 绝对的 |
[12:47] | But not like you older, right? | 但不是过熟到你这种程度 对吧 |
[12:49] | Right. | 对啦 |
[12:51] | You still dating that Marcus boy? | 你还在跟那个叫马库斯的男生约会吗 |
[12:54] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[12:54] | He went away with his family for the summer. | 他这个暑假和家人出去度假了 |
[12:58] | Just out of curiosity, | 我八卦一下 |
[13:00] | before he left, did he let you know? | 他走之前有告诉你吗 |
[13:03] | Mm-hmm. | 有 |
[13:04] | Hmm, interesting. | 耐人寻味 |
[13:06] | And how long before he left did he tell you? | 他提前多久告诉你他要出发的 |
[13:09] | I don’t know, a week. | 我不确定 一周吧 |
[13:10] | Hmm, must be nice. | 那挺好啊 |
[13:13] | You hear from him at all? | 中间有联系过你吗 |
[13:14] | Yeah, he sent me the cutest postcard. | 有 他给我寄了张超可爱的明信片 |
[13:16] | It was a turtle surfing on a dolphin. | 是一只海龟骑在海豚身上冲浪 |
[13:19] | Adorable. | 真可爱哦 |
[13:21] | Pulling kind of hard. | 你扯太用力了啦 |
[13:25] | I made it! I’m here! | 我赶到了 我来了 |
[13:27] | Fill this out and sign the– | 填好这表格 并且签名… |
[13:30] | Um, there’s a bee on you. | 你脸上有只蜜蜂 |
[13:32] | What? | 什么 |
[13:34] | Hey, Sam. | 萨姆 |
[13:36] | Can I help y’all find anything? | 你们找什么 要我帮忙吗 |
[13:37] | Oh, we’re good. Just showing my friend around campus. | 不用啦 只是带我朋友在校园逛逛 |
[13:40] | Oh, you a new student? | 你是新生吗 |
[13:42] | – Oh, actually… – Jason, this is Mary. | -其实… -杰森 这位是玛丽 |
[13:45] | Ah, well, hello, Mary. | 你好啊 玛丽 |
[13:46] | Allow me to welcome you to our school. | 容我欢迎你来到我们学校 |
[13:49] | – Thank you. – Uh, you know, my dorm | -谢谢 -对了 我宿舍 |
[13:50] | is doing a back-to-school barbecue this afternoon. | 今天下午要办返校烧烤聚会 |
[13:52] | Y’all should swing by. | 你们都来吧 |
[13:54] | Sounds fun. | 好像很好玩 |
[13:55] | Cool. | 太好了 |
[13:56] | Braden Hall, in the courtyard, 1:00. | 一点钟 布雷登宿舍的院子 |
[13:58] | See you there. | 到时见 |
[14:01] | Sweet, free food. | 爽 可以蹭吃的 |
[14:02] | Who cares? He thought I was a student. | 谁管那个啊 他以为我是学生呢 |
[14:09] | Okay. Smile. | 好了 微笑 |
[14:11] | Just take the picture. | 直接拍就是了 |
[14:19] | I had suffered some setbacks. | 我遇到了一些挫折 |
[14:21] | But just as Edison had forged ahead on electric lighting | 但正如爱迪生无需特斯拉的帮助 |
[14:25] | without the help of Tesla, | 就能在电气照明方面飞速发展 |
[14:27] | I was going to make it through orientation | 我也能自己撑过新生入学日 |
[14:29] | without the help of my mommy, | 无需我妈咪的帮助 |
[14:31] | even if she did make boo-boos stop hurting. | 虽然她的确能让痛痛飞走 |
[14:34] | While I had found inspiration courtesy of Thomas Edison, | 尽管我托托马斯·爱迪生的福找到了灵感 |
[14:37] | it was soon replaced with anger at Whitcomb L. Judson, | 但这份灵感很快就被对威特康姆·贾德森的愤怒取代 |
[14:41] | inventor of the zipper. | 这位仁兄是拉链创始人 |
[14:44] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[14:47] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[14:49] | I think you’re gonna be a little heartbreaker. | 你这么美 会让很多男生心碎的 |
[14:51] | I don’t want to break anyone’s heart. | 我不想让任何人心碎 |
[14:53] | I just want to look hot. | 我只想变辣 |
[14:54] | Well, that you do. | 的确很辣 |
[14:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:57] | And there’s nothing wrong with breaking some hearts. | 让别人心碎也没什么不妥 |
[15:01] | If you don’t do it to them, they’re gonna do it to you. | 你不伤害别人 别人就会伤害你 |
[15:04] | – Why would they do that? – Because sometimes | -他们为什么要这么做 -因为有时候 |
[15:06] | men do things without thinking how it’s gonna make you feel. | 男人做事不考虑会让你有什么感受 |
[15:09] | Marcus wouldn’t do that. We’re friends. | 马库斯不会这么做的 我们是朋友 |
[15:12] | That don’t mean nothing. | 这个词毫无意义 |
[15:14] | You think somebody’s your friend, | 你以为某人是你的朋友 |
[15:16] | then they just up and leave without a word. | 结果他们只会不告而别 |
[15:19] | But Marcus told me. | 但马库斯告诉我了 |
[15:22] | But Marcus told me. | 但马库斯告诉我了 |
[15:25] | Like Batman’s utility belt, | 和蝙蝠侠的功能腰带一样 |
[15:27] | my briefcase was equipped for any emergency. | 我的手提包也装备齐全 能应付任何突发状况 |
[15:32] | I don’t know if the Bat-pants had a zipper, | 我不知道蝙蝠裤有没有拉链 |
[15:34] | but if they did, I could fix it. | 但如果有 我是能修好啦 |
[15:40] | Oh, dear. | 惨了 |
[15:44] | Two months! | 两个月 |
[15:45] | Two months till this baby comes! | 两个月后孩子就出生了 |
[15:46] | There’s so much I thought I was gonna do in my life. | 我本来还有很多事想做 |
[15:49] | I’m sure you’ve done plenty. | 你做过的已经够多了 |
[15:51] | Nothing cool. | 但没有半件事是酷炫的 |
[15:52] | Look at you. | 你看你 |
[15:53] | You played football and rode a motorcycle. | 你玩过橄榄球 也骑过机车 |
[15:55] | Well, you save people’s souls. | 你还拯救人们的灵魂呢 |
[15:58] | That’s neat, right? | 这够厉害的了吧 |
[15:59] | Oh, it’s neat as neat can be, but you know | 厉害上天了 但你知道 |
[16:00] | that’s not what I’m talking about. | 我说的不是这个 |
[16:03] | Look, being a dad doesn’t mean your life is over. | 听着 当爸爸不代表你人生就完了 |
[16:07] | It just means it’s different. | 只是不一样了 |
[16:09] | Instead of playing football, I get to coach it now. | 我现在不玩橄榄球了 但我改当教练了 |
[16:11] | I mean, high school football. | 虽然只是高中橄榄球队 |
[16:13] | Not college like I’d hoped. | 不是我原来希望的大学队 |
[16:16] | I-Instead of a motorcycle, I drive a truck. | 我也不骑机车了 改开卡车 |
[16:20] | To work every single day. | 每天开去上班 |
[16:23] | To pay the bills. | 为了赚钱付账单 |
[16:27] | Endless bills. | 没完没了的账单 |
[16:29] | What happened to my life? | 我的人生怎么沦落到这田地 |
[16:33] | Orange wedge? | 吃橙子吗 |
[16:36] | With only seven minutes until my freshman orientation seminar, | 七分钟后我就要听新生欢迎讲座 |
[16:40] | I was in a sticky spot. | 我处境为难 |
[16:42] | Thankfully, I was armed with an even stickier solution. | 幸好 我带了更粘的解决办法 |
[16:53] | Ah, you made it! | 你们来了 |
[16:56] | Hey, guys, | 各位 |
[16:57] | this is Sam and Mary. | 这是萨姆和玛丽 |
[17:01] | Well, aren’t y’all friendly. | 大家都好友好哦 |
[17:03] | We are so excited to have you here today. | 今天大家来到这里 我们非常激动 |
[17:06] | This is the most competitive year we’ve had for admissions. | 今年的入学竞争最为激烈 |
[17:09] | So you should feel really good about your accomplishments. | 所以你们该为自己的成就感到自豪 |
[17:12] | You belong to an elite group of scholars… | 你们是学者精英群体的一份子… |
[17:21] | I may not look it, but I’m the future of physics, | 虽然我看起来不像 但我是物理学的未来 |
[17:23] | so just move on. | 所以你继续吧 |
[17:27] | You have kids? | 你有孩子了 |
[17:28] | Three. | 三个呢 |
[17:29] | You look amazing! | 你保养得太好了吧 |
[17:32] | Two of ’em are twins. | 有两个孩子是双胞胎 |
[17:34] | I don’t want to brag, but natural birth. | 我也不想自夸啦 但是自然分娩的哦 |
[17:39] | I love college. | 我好喜欢大学 |
[18:00] | John. | 约翰 |
[18:10] | Dear Connie, you may have heard | 亲爱的康妮 你也许听说了 |
[18:12] | I’ve taken a job at the new supercollider in Waxahachie. | 我接受了去沃克西哈奇盖超级对撞机的工作 |
[18:16] | I wanted to tell you in person, but, uh, | 我本来想当面告诉你的 但是 |
[18:20] | I was afraid you’d be upset. | 我担心你会难过 |
[18:22] | And, honestly… | 说实话 |
[18:25] | I was even more afraid you wouldn’t be. | 我更担心你不会难过 |
[18:28] | Oh, John. | 约翰 你个傻子 |
[18:30] | This also gives me an excuse to use my astronaut pen– | 写信也给了我机会使用我的宇航员笔 |
[18:34] | and not upside down. | 而且不是在我头下脚上的情况下使用 |
[18:36] | But if I was, it would still write. | 但就算我人是倒过来的 我也能正常写出来 |
[18:44] | How are you doing back there? | 你在后座还好吗 |
[18:45] | I’ve never felt so alive! | 我从没感到如此有活力 |
[18:48] | Praise the Lord! | 赞美上帝 |
[18:54] | Let’s go to Mexico. | 我们一路开去墨西哥吧 |