时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You must be Coach Ballard’s ex-wife. | 想必你就是巴拉德教练的前妻啦 |
[00:05] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了吗 |
[00:07] | I’m kind of dating your ex-husband. | 我貌似正在跟你前夫交往 |
[00:09] | I knew who you were the whole time. | 其实我早就知道你是谁 |
[00:10] | That’s why I came over here. | 所以我才坐过来 |
[00:12] | Nicely played. | 靠 高招啊 |
[00:13] | We ought to go out for drinks one night. | 我们改天一定要一起出去喝一杯 |
[00:15] | Hell yeah! | 那必须的 |
[00:20] | College is a time for new experiences, | 大学时光让人获得全新体验 |
[00:23] | being exposed to exciting ways of thinking, | 接触激动人心的思考方式 |
[00:25] | meeting people from different backgrounds, | 结识来自不同背景的人 |
[00:28] | and the unexpected visit from your dad in gym shorts. | 还会发生你爸穿着运动短裤突然来访的尴尬事 |
[00:32] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这 |
[00:34] | I got a phone call. | 我接到一通电话 |
[00:35] | Apparently, the head of the college wants to talk to us. | 校长好像有事想跟我们谈 |
[00:38] | – Oh, good. – You sure it’s good? | -那就好 -你确定是好事 |
[00:40] | Well, it’s better than what I thought when I saw you, | 总好过我刚才看见你时 |
[00:42] | – which was, “Uh-oh, Meemaw died.” – Come on. | -第一反应是姥姥去世了 -走吧 |
[00:45] | I was hoping in college you wouldn’t | 我本来希望你上大学后 |
[00:47] | get called to the principal’s office anymore. | 就不会再被叫去校长办公室了 |
[00:48] | She’s not the principal. She’s the president. | 她不是中学校长 是大学校长 |
[00:51] | So if you’re in trouble, you’re in big trouble. | 所以你现在要是闯祸 也比以前严重很多倍 |
[00:53] | That’s a fun way to look at it. | 你这角度挺清奇的 |
[00:54] | Gentlemen, please have a seat. | 先生们 请坐 |
[00:57] | Sheldon’s only been here a few weeks. | 谢尔顿才来了几周 |
[00:59] | I hope he’s not in trouble already. | 但愿不是他已经惹出麻烦了 |
[01:00] | What kind of trouble? Did something happen? | 什么样的麻烦 出什么事了吗 |
[01:02] | Ooh, maybe it’s from when I decided… | 也许是在我决定… |
[01:03] | Uh, uh, all good. | 没事没事 |
[01:05] | Uh, you keep talking. | 您继续说 |
[01:07] | Well, I’ll just get right to the point. | 那我就直接说正题了 |
[01:09] | Uh, I would like you and your son | 我想要你和你儿子 |
[01:11] | to meet with a very important benefactor of the college. | 跟本校一位非常重要的捐助人见面 |
[01:14] | Why us? | 为什么是我们 |
[01:15] | Well, I mean, Sheldon is… | 毕竟谢尔顿 |
[01:17] | is an impressive addition to the physics program, | 为物理系增色不少 |
[01:20] | and-and we like our donors to feel really good | 我们希望捐助者觉得 |
[01:24] | about where their money’s going. | 自己所投入的钱不会白费 |
[01:25] | I get it. You want the star quarterback | 我懂 你想让明星四分卫 |
[01:27] | to shake some hands with the boosters. | 去跟支持者们握个手 |
[01:29] | – Exactly. – I’m not doing that. | -正是 -我才不要 |
[01:30] | I didn’t shake her hand, and she’s the president. | 我都没跟她握手 她还是校长呢 |
[01:32] | No, you don’t have to shake anybody’s hand. | 不 你不用跟任何人握手 |
[01:35] | Then why did you say it? | 那你为什么要这么说 |
[01:36] | I didn’t say it. He said it. | 我没说 是他说的 |
[01:38] | But you agreed with it. | 但你同意他了啊 |
[01:39] | All I’m asking you to do is to go to dinner, | 我只是希望你能去吃顿晚饭 |
[01:42] | talk about science with a very nice and, more importantly, | 和一个友善 更重要的是 很有钱的人 |
[01:46] | a very rich person. | 聊聊科学话题 |
[01:47] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[01:49] | – No, thank you. – Buddy… | -不了 谢谢 -哥们 |
[01:51] | All right, uh, Sheldon, I was brought to this school | 谢尔顿 我被雇来本校担任校长 |
[01:54] | to help raise its profile, and one of the ways to do that | 是为了将学校提升档次 而其中一个方式就是 |
[01:58] | is through grants and donations. | 通过政府奖助和捐款 |
[02:00] | You-you can understand that, right? | 你能明白这一点吧 |
[02:02] | I understand that you would like to put the novelty of my age | 我知道你是想把我罕见的青春年幼 |
[02:04] | and advanced intellect on display to raise some cash. | 和过人才智展现给人看 以筹集资金 |
[02:07] | No. Sort of. | 不是啦 差不多吧 |
[02:09] | – Can I speak to you alone? – Will you give us a minute? | -我能和你单独聊聊吗 -你能回避一下吗 |
[02:12] | Very well. But if you’re looking to see | 好吧 但如果你是想看看 |
[02:14] | if my father will be a potential donor, | 我爸有没有可能捐钱 |
[02:15] | you are barking up the wrong tree. | 那你就真是异想天开了 |
[02:19] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:22] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:24] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:27] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:30] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:38] | So… | 好了 |
[02:39] | how do we get your son to cooperate? | 怎么做你儿子才肯配合 |
[02:42] | I’ve been asking myself that since day one. | 从他出生那天起我就不断问自己这个问题 |
[02:44] | Look, I don’t mean to put pressure on you, | 听着 我不是想给你压力 |
[02:46] | but there’s a lot of pressure on me, | 但我背负着巨大压力 |
[02:48] | so I’m going to put it on you. | 所以我会给你施加压力 |
[02:50] | Look, I’m sorry, isn’t there anyone else | 我很抱歉 难道没有其他人 |
[02:52] | who can go to dinner with this guy? | 能去陪捐助人吃饭了吗 |
[02:54] | So I have a unicorn in my zoo, | 我动物园里明明有只独角兽 |
[02:57] | but I should trot out a goat, is that what you’re saying? | 我却该拿山羊出来炫耀 你是这意思吗 |
[03:00] | Would you donate a new library | 你会为了和山羊共进晚餐 |
[03:02] | to have dinner with a goat? | 捐赠一栋新图书馆吗 |
[03:04] | What restaurant? | 哪家餐厅 |
[03:07] | Mr. Cooper, I need you to understand something. | 库珀先生 你得明白一件事 |
[03:10] | This university relies on donations for everything. | 这所大学方方面面都依靠捐款 |
[03:14] | For upkeep, for salaries, | 包括维持 工资 |
[03:17] | for scholarships, like the one your son is currently on. | 和奖学金 就是你儿子现在拿的那些 |
[03:21] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会劝劝他 |
[03:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:26] | And when you go to dinner, wear real pants. | 你去吃晚餐时 麻烦穿正式点的裤子 |
[03:33] | So, there’s this thing at school I really want to go to, | 学校有个活动我很想去参加 |
[03:36] | and before you say no, I just want you to think about it. | 在你拒绝前 我希望你能好好考虑下 |
[03:39] | – What is it? – Like a school function. | -什么活动 -就是校园典礼 |
[03:42] | Why would I say no to a school function? | 我为什么会不让你参加校园典礼 |
[03:44] | So I can go? You’re the best. | 这么说我可以去了 你最好啦 |
[03:45] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[03:47] | What kind of function are we talking about? | 这到底是哪种典礼 |
[03:49] | You know, just the normal kind. | 就普通的那种 |
[03:51] | With some kids. | 学生会参加 |
[03:53] | And some music. | 还会放音乐 |
[03:54] | You know you can’t go to a dance. | 你明知你不能去舞会的 |
[03:56] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[03:57] | You know that, too. | 原因你也心知肚明 |
[03:58] | Because we’re Baptist. | 因为我们是浸礼会教徒 |
[03:59] | But all my friends are going. | 可是我所有朋友都会去啊 |
[04:01] | That doesn’t change anything. | 那也改变不了什么 |
[04:04] | What if I promise not to dance? | 要是我保证不跳舞呢 |
[04:06] | So you expect me to believe | 你觉得我会相信 |
[04:07] | that you are going to go to a dance with your friends, | 你和朋友们去参加舞会 |
[04:10] | they’ll all be dancing while you just stand there? | 当她们都在热舞的时候 你在一旁傻站着 |
[04:13] | I go to church and don’t pray. | 我去教堂也从不祷告啊 |
[04:15] | How is this any different? | 有什么区别 |
[04:20] | Where we eating tonight? | 我们今晚去哪吃饭 |
[04:22] | Well, that depends. | 看情况 |
[04:24] | Why don’t you look in the glovebox | 你看看副驾储物箱里的 |
[04:25] | and check on the Tums situation. | 抗胃酸咀嚼片还剩多少 |
[04:29] | There’s five. | 有五颗 |
[04:31] | Oh, my, this is tricky. | 这就难办了 |
[04:33] | Well, Mexican’s at least three apiece. | 去墨西哥餐厅 至少每人要吃三颗 |
[04:35] | We might get by with two each if it’s Italian. | 如果是意大利菜 每人两颗可能勉强够 |
[04:38] | You get red wine and then tomato sauce. | 那里要喝红酒 然后吃番茄酱 |
[04:41] | Hey, if they put lemon in the water, we’re dead. | 如果他们往水里放柠檬片 我们就死定了 |
[04:44] | – Hmm. That leaves barbecue. – Sold. | -那只能吃烤肉了 -行 |
[04:47] | Who gets Tum number three? | 第三颗咀嚼片归谁 |
[04:49] | Me. They’re my Tums. | 我啊 毕竟药是我的 |
[04:54] | Now, what do you think young people | 你觉得年轻人约会 |
[04:55] | talk about on their dates? | 都聊些什么话题 |
[04:57] | I don’t know. | 我哪知道 |
[04:58] | But my knee’s telling me it’s gonna rain this weekend. | 但我的膝盖告诉我 这周末铁定会下雨 |
[05:02] | Speaking of this weekend, hey, my son needs a final head count. | 说起这周末 我儿子要最后确认人数了 |
[05:07] | It’s a small wedding. | 就是场小型婚礼 |
[05:08] | It’ll be weird if I’m there. | 我去会很尴尬的 |
[05:10] | Aw, come on, I’m gonna be wearing a suit. | 怎么会 而且我会穿西装出席哦 |
[05:13] | I’m very sexy in a suit. | 我的西装诱惑无人能抵挡 |
[05:17] | Come on, Sheldon, | 拜托啦 谢尔顿 |
[05:19] | think of it as a free dinner. | 就当是蹭一顿免费霸王餐 |
[05:21] | I’m a kid. All my dinners are free. | 我是小孩 我哪一顿不是霸王餐 |
[05:25] | Is what they’re asking really that bad? | 他们的要求真那么过分吗 |
[05:27] | Yes. I go to this university to study science, | 当然 我来这所大学是为了学习科学 |
[05:29] | not to help collect money like an organ grinder’s monkey. | 而不是来像街头演奏者的猴子一样捡钱的 |
[05:32] | You see me go to the rallies and fundraisers at the high school. | 高中时你也见过我参加集会和资金筹集活动啊 |
[05:36] | I don’t love it, but I do it. | 我不喜欢 但我还是会做 |
[05:37] | And I hope they give you all the bananas you can eat. | 那我希望他们奖励你吃不完的香蕉 |
[05:40] | Sheldon, donors like this are very helpful for the university. | 谢尔顿 这样的捐助人对大学很有帮助 |
[05:44] | They pay for all the science equipment and your scholarship. | 他们支付所有科学设备和你的奖学金 |
[05:47] | I hadn’t thought of it that way. | 我之前没想过这个问题 |
[05:50] | So I’ll tell ’em we’re on for Saturday? | 那我答复他们周六没问题了 |
[05:52] | I’ll think about it. | 我要考虑一下 |
[05:53] | What’s to think about? | 还有什么好考虑的 |
[05:55] | It’s a night of you showing off how smart you are. | 那晚你有机会显耀你的聪明才智耶 |
[05:57] | People do like that. | 人们的确喜欢看我秀 |
[05:59] | All right, I’m in. | 好吧 我去 |
[06:07] | Can I put on the game? | 我能看球赛吗 |
[06:09] | I don’t care. | 随便你 |
[06:10] | Sweet! | 爽啦 |
[06:15] | What’s your problem? | 你干嘛不开心 |
[06:16] | Did you ever go to a school dance? | 你有没有参加过学校的舞会 |
[06:19] | One or two. | 一两次吧 |
[06:21] | How’d you get Mom to let you? | 你怎么让老妈同意你去的 |
[06:23] | Easy. Didn’t ask her. | 简单 别问她就行了 |
[06:26] | By the way, that works for all kinds of stuff. | 顺带一提 这方法一招鲜吃遍天 |
[06:28] | Well, it’s too late. I already asked. | 太迟了 我已经问过她了 |
[06:31] | Rookie mistake. | 典型的菜鸟错误 |
[06:33] | Why can’t we have a fun religion? | 为什么我们不能有一个有趣的宗教信仰 |
[06:36] | I don’t think there is one. | 我感觉没有一种宗教充满乐趣 |
[06:41] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[06:51] | Here. | 拿着 |
[06:51] | What is it? | 这是啥 |
[06:52] | The answer to your problems. | 是你问题的答案 |
[06:54] | Cool. What other tapes you got? | 酷 你还有什么录像带 |
[06:56] | Nature films. Don’t worry about it. | 自然纪录片 不劳您操心了 |
[07:00] | Hey. I just got off the phone with President Hagemeyer. | 我刚刚和哈哥迈尔校长通完电话 |
[07:03] | This guy we’re gonna have dinner with sounds pretty interesting. | 跟我们共进晚餐的那个人听起来很有意思 |
[07:06] | He made all of his money selling antistatic furniture | 他通过卖实验室专用抗静电家具 |
[07:08] | for laboratories. | 发家致富 |
[07:10] | He’s not even a scientist? | 他都不是个科学家吗 |
[07:11] | He’s just a furniture salesman? | 他就是个卖家具的啊 |
[07:14] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[07:15] | What am I supposed to talk about? | 那我应该说什么 |
[07:17] | Talk about whatever you want. | 任何你想说的呗 |
[07:18] | Just… don’t be insulting. | 就… 别太讽刺别人 |
[07:20] | What if he says something I think is ridiculous? | 万一他说了让我觉得很可笑的话呢 |
[07:23] | Keep it to yourself. | 自己消化 |
[07:24] | What if you just said something | 万一你说了一些 |
[07:26] | I think is ridiculous? Because… | 我觉得可笑的话呢 因为… |
[07:27] | Okay, maybe we need to work a little | 好吧 我们可能需要训练一下 |
[07:29] | on your conversation skills, | 你的对话技巧 |
[07:30] | like not calling people out for saying stupid things. | 比如不要因为别人说了蠢话就冷嘲热讽 |
[07:33] | How am I supposed to practice that? | 那我应该怎么练习这种技巧呢 |
[07:36] | What’s up? | 你好 |
[07:47] | – Hello. – Hey, June. It’s Connie Tucker. | -你好 -你好 琼 我是康妮·塔克 |
[07:49] | Hey, Connie. How are you? | 你好康妮 你最近怎么样 |
[07:51] | I’m good. | 我挺好的 |
[07:52] | Am I seeing you Saturday night? | 你周六晚上会来吗 |
[07:54] | Well, that’s what I’ve called about. | 这就是我打电话来想说的事 |
[07:56] | Are you sure you want me there? | 你确定你希望我去吗 |
[07:58] | I mean, it is your son’s wedding. | 毕竟这是你儿子的婚礼 |
[07:59] | Oh, it’s his second wedding. Those barely count. | 他二婚的婚礼啦 不怎么要紧 |
[08:02] | Besides, I’m bringing a date, too. | 况且我还要带上我的约会对象 |
[08:03] | Come on, it’ll be fun. | 来吧 肯定充满乐趣 |
[08:05] | Okay. I’m in. | 那好吧 我来 |
[08:07] | Fantastic! | 太棒了 |
[08:09] | So, how dressed up we getting? | 那么穿衣规则是什么 |
[08:10] | Oh, it’s a small ceremony, nothing fancy. | 就是一个小婚礼 不用太华丽 |
[08:13] | You just saying that ’cause you want to look better than me? | 你这么说就是想看起来赢过我吧 |
[08:15] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[08:17] | But I do believe you’d be stunning in overalls. | 但我觉得你要是穿背带裤肯定很美 |
[08:20] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:22] | See you then. | 到时候见 |
[08:23] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[08:25] | Overalls, my ass. | 还背带裤呢 你就做梦吧 |
[08:27] | So you really can’t dance here, man? | 兄弟 你真的不能在这里跳舞 |
[08:29] | I can’t believe that. | 我真是不敢相信 |
[08:30] | – It’s true. – See? | -是真的 -看到没 |
[08:32] | They ain’t allowed to dance, either. | 他们也不被允许跳舞 |
[08:33] | It’s like I’m watching my life. | 感觉就像在看我的人生故事 |
[08:36] | That’s how I feel when I’m watching Top Gun. | 我看《壮志凌云》的时候也是这么想的 |
[08:39] | Okay, Sheldon, try having a conversation | 谢尔顿 来试试跟比利 |
[08:43] | with Billy about science. | 聊一聊科学 |
[08:45] | Let’s see. | 让我想想 |
[08:46] | Uh, what do you know about quantum mechanics? | 你对量子力学知道多少 |
[08:48] | My dad’s a mechanic. | 我爸爸是个机械工 |
[08:50] | At his shop, he has a calendar wth a bikini lady on it. | 在他店里还有一本印着比基尼女郎的挂历 |
[08:54] | Dad… | 爸… |
[08:55] | Instead of losing patience, | 不要失去耐心 |
[08:57] | act interested and ask a follow-up question. | 而是表现得很有兴趣 顺着他的话问下去 |
[09:01] | Your father’s a mechanic. | 你爸爸是个机械工 |
[09:03] | Interesting. | 很有意思 |
[09:04] | You know what else is interesting? | 你知道还有什么很有意思 |
[09:05] | Quantum mechanics. That describes | 量子力学 这个理论描绘了 |
[09:07] | the basic particles and forces that make up reality. | 现实物质中基本的粒子和纠缠的力 |
[09:09] | Let’s talk about that. | 我们来聊聊这个吧 |
[09:11] | I’m gonna marry that bikini lady. | 我要娶那个比基尼女郎 |
[09:15] | I’ve been working on a theory | 我一直在研究有关 |
[09:16] | about the wave-particle duality of light. | 光的波粒二象性的理论 |
[09:19] | I have a nightlight that looks like Spider-Man, | 我有一个像蜘蛛侠的小夜灯 |
[09:21] | but I don’t turn it on. | 但我从不把它打开 |
[09:25] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[09:27] | Why don’t you turn it on? | 你为什么不打开 |
[09:28] | I’m afraid of spiders. | 我害怕蜘蛛 |
[09:30] | Yeah, seems like a good place to stop. | 差不多可以暂停了 |
[09:32] | Now what happens? | 接下来要干嘛 |
[09:33] | You go home. | 你回家去 |
[09:35] | Thank you for your hospitality. | 谢谢你们的热情款待 |
[09:37] | “And it was King David. | “然后还有大卫王 |
[09:39] | King David, who-who we read about in-in Samuel. | 就是大家都读过的《撒母耳记》中的大卫王 |
[09:44] | And-and-and what did David do? | 大卫他做了什么事呢 |
[09:46] | What did David do? | 你问大卫做了什么啊 |
[09:47] | What did David do? David danced.” | 大卫做了什么 大卫跳舞了” |
[09:50] | “David danced. | “大卫跳舞了 |
[09:51] | Before the Lord with all his might, | 就在主和他的力量面前 |
[09:53] | leaping and dancing before the Lord.” | 在主的面前跳跃和舞蹈” |
[09:56] | Leaping and dancing.” | 跳跃和舞蹈” |
[09:58] | – I’m impressed. – Thank you. | -我被打动了 -谢谢你 |
[10:00] | Too bad it’s from Footloose. | 太可惜了 这是《浑身是劲》里面的台词 |
[10:03] | What’s a footloose? | 《浑身是劲》是什么 |
[10:03] | 该电影讲述一个城市青年试图打破神父的控制 随心热舞 | |
[10:04] | It is the movie that Pastor Jeff warned us about | 是杰夫牧师在谈到电影罪过时 |
[10:07] | in his talk on the sins of cinema. | 警告过我们不要看的电影 |
[10:09] | Just let me go to the dance. | 就让我去舞会吧 |
[10:11] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 我很抱歉 我不能让你去 |
[10:13] | I’m never talking to you again! | 我再也不跟你讲话了 |
[10:18] | Did you show your sister Footloose? | 你是不是给你妹妹看《浑身是劲》了 |
[10:20] | – Did it work? – No! | -起作用了吗 -并没有 |
[10:22] | Mm. Then no. | 那我就没给她看 |
[10:27] | Now, when you meet this guy, | 等会你见到那个人 |
[10:28] | you got to shake his hand. | 你要先和他握手 |
[10:29] | What if I offer a stately bow? | 我能不能庄重地鞠一躬呢 |
[10:31] | That’s how they do it in Asia. | 亚洲人就是这么打招呼的 |
[10:32] | You’re shaking his hand. | 你要跟他握手 |
[10:35] | Then it’s a good thing I brought Old Righty. | 幸好我带来老右哥 |
[10:38] | You’re not wearing that in a restaurant. | 你别想在餐厅里戴这个手套 |
[10:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:41] | ‘Cause you don’t make a good impression | 如果你不敢跟别人握手的话 |
[10:42] | by being afraid to shake hands. | 是不会给人留下好印象的 |
[10:44] | Howard Hughes was a germophobe, | 霍华德·修斯导演就有洁癖 |
[10:45] | and he did quite well for himself. | 他自己照样过得很好啊 |
[10:47] | Didn’t he go crazy and save his pee in jars? | 他不是后来疯了 把自己的尿存在罐子里吗 |
[10:49] | Better to have it and not need it | 带了没用不吃亏 |
[10:50] | than to need it and not have it. | 没带想用大笨龟 |
[10:51] | – You’re shaking his hand! – Okay! | -你还是得跟他握手 -知道了 |
[10:57] | Haven’t been to many weddings lately. | 好些日子没怎么参加过婚礼了 |
[10:59] | Mostly funerals. | 大部分都是葬礼 |
[11:00] | Yeah, those don’t have an open bar. | 是啊 葬礼都没有免费酒水 |
[11:03] | I don’t know why I’m so excited. | 我不知道为什么我这么激动 |
[11:05] | I’m paying for this. | 毕竟都是我出的钱 |
[11:06] | Hey, y’all. | 你们好呀 |
[11:08] | Hi, June! | 你好 琼 |
[11:09] | Don’t you look pretty? | 你也太美了吧 |
[11:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:11] | I happen to agree. | 我恰好也同意 |
[11:14] | Connie, Dale, this is Justin. | 康妮 戴尔 这是贾斯汀 |
[11:16] | Hi, Justin. Nice to meet you. | 你好 贾斯汀 很高兴认识你 |
[11:18] | Nice to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴认识你 |
[11:19] | You must be a friend of my son’s. | 你一定是我儿子的朋友 |
[11:21] | Actually, he’s my date. | 事实上 他是我的约会对象 |
[11:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:27] | Much more fun than a funeral. | 比葬礼有意思多了 |
[11:33] | George Cooper, | 乔治·库珀 |
[11:34] | meet Gary O’Brien, | 这位是加里·奥布莱恩 |
[11:36] | the antistatic furniture king. | 抗静电家具之王 |
[11:38] | Hello. | 您好 |
[11:38] | Shocking to meet you. | 见到您仿佛有电流穿过我一般惊人 |
[11:40] | Don’t do that. And this, of course, | 别玩这套 这位当然就是 |
[11:42] | is our physics prodigy, | 我们的物理小天才 |
[11:44] | Sheldon Cooper. | 谢尔顿·库珀 |
[11:45] | A great pleasure. | 莫大的荣幸 |
[11:47] | I had an obligation to fulfill. | 我必须要完成这个任务 |
[11:50] | So I closed my eyes and thought of science. | 于是我闭上眼睛 想着科学 |
[11:55] | Just like on my honeymoon. | 正如我度蜜月时做的那样 |
[12:02] | How’s pizza sound for dinner? | 晚上要不我们吃披萨 |
[12:04] | You think I’m eating dinner | 你难道觉得周六晚上 |
[12:05] | with my mom on a Saturday night? | 我会想跟我妈一起吃晚饭吗 |
[12:08] | You’re adorable. | 你真是天真得可爱 |
[12:11] | Guess I’m eating alone. | 那我只能自己吃了 |
[12:13] | What about Missy? | 米希呢 |
[12:15] | She’s not talking to me. | 她不跟我说话了 |
[12:16] | She’d talk to you if you just let her go. | 你让她去舞会她就会跟你和好的 |
[12:18] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能那么做 |
[12:20] | Come on. I went to school dances and I turned out fine. | 拜托 学校舞会我也没少去 现在不也挺好 |
[12:24] | I didn’t let you go to any dances. | 我没允许过你参加舞会啊 |
[12:26] | I did all kinds of stuff behind your back. | 我背着你干的事多了去了 |
[12:28] | Like what? | 比如哪些 |
[12:30] | I’m dumb, but I’m not that dumb. | 我是蠢 但还没蠢到自己全招了 |
[12:32] | So I’m supposed to just let her do whatever she wants? | 难道我该任由她想干嘛就干嘛吗 |
[12:35] | Yeah, I don’t think so. | 那怎么行 |
[12:37] | I’m just saying she’s a good kid. | 我想说的是 她是个乖孩子 |
[12:39] | Be glad she’s still asking. | 她还会征求你同意 你就该知足了 |
[12:45] | So, how’d you two meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[12:47] | Oh, I’ve been cutting his mom’s hair for years. | 我给他妈妈剪了很多年头发 |
[12:49] | Oh, that’s nice. | 真好 |
[12:51] | Bet you when she cuts your hair, | 她给你剪头发时 |
[12:52] | you get a lollipop, don’t you? | 都会给你一根哄小孩的棒棒糖 对吧 |
[12:55] | Oh, he gets more than a lollipop. | 他得到的可不止棒棒糖 |
[12:58] | – Really? Is that so? – Dale. | -是吗 不止吗 -戴尔 |
[13:01] | Okay, so what is it you do, Langston? | 那你是做什么工作的 兰斯顿 |
[13:03] | Justin. | 我叫贾斯汀 |
[13:05] | Actually, I’m about to open a frozen yogurt shop. | 其实我正准备开一家冻酸奶店 |
[13:07] | Frozen yogurt. Right. | 冻酸奶啊 |
[13:09] | Isn’t that, like, crappy ice cream? | 不就是难吃的雪糕吗 |
[13:11] | We consider it a healthy alternative. | 我们认为它是一种健康版替代品 |
[13:14] | Right. Crappy ice cream. | 好吧 就是难吃的雪糕 |
[13:16] | It’s actually getting really popular. | 事实上 冻酸奶现在很火 |
[13:18] | I’m gonna invest. | 我打算投资 |
[13:19] | Invest money? | 投资钱吗 |
[13:20] | What else would she invest with? | 不投资钱还能投资什么 |
[13:22] | I don’t know. You got fake ice cream. | 我不知道啊 既然是假雪糕 |
[13:24] | – How ’bout fake money? – Well, there’s… | -能不能投假钱 -也… |
[13:26] | Hey, would you mind going to get me another drink, please? | 你能不能去帮我再点杯酒 |
[13:29] | Happy to. | 乐意至极 |
[13:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:33] | What’s your problem? | 你怎么回事 |
[13:34] | Yeah, what is your problem? | 是啊 你到底哪里不爽 |
[13:35] | Who said I had a problem? | 谁说我不爽了 |
[13:37] | – We did. – You’re being rude. | -我们 -你表现得很失礼 |
[13:39] | Okay, you want to spend all your money on some boy toy, | 好啊 你想把全副身家花在一个小白脸身上 |
[13:42] | it’s none of my business. | 不关我的事 |
[13:43] | Why do you care what she does with her own money? | 你为什么在意她怎么花钱 |
[13:45] | Yeah, why? | 是啊 为什么 |
[13:46] | Well, you got some young guy running around, asking for money. | 一个年轻男人出来问女人要钱 |
[13:49] | You don’t think I know what that’s all about? | 你以为我看不出来这是怎么回事吗 |
[13:51] | Okay, he didn’t ask– I offered. | 他没问我要 是我主动提出的 |
[13:54] | And I can do what I want. I’m a grown woman. | 我想做什么都行 我是个成年女性 |
[13:56] | Oh, hell, you were a grown woman when he was born. | 这还用说 他出生时你也已经是成年女性了 |
[14:02] | Sheldon, why don’t you tell Mr. O’Brien | 谢尔顿 不如你给奥布莱恩先生说说 |
[14:05] | about some of your goals at the university. | 你在大学的目标 |
[14:08] | Well, I’m pushing for stricter dress codes. | 我在推行更严格的着装规范 |
[14:10] | There are a lot of belly buttons on display. | 有很多人露出肚脐 |
[14:12] | Science goals. | 科学方面的目标 |
[14:14] | My ultimate goal is to one day devise | 我的终极目标是有一天能提出 |
[14:15] | the grand unified field theory. | 大统一场理论 |
[14:19] | You’re one of those, are you? | 你是那种人 对吧 |
[14:21] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[14:22] | Well, Kurt Godel’s incompleteness theorems | 数学家库尔特·哥德尔的不完备定理 |
[14:25] | eliminate the possibility of a unified theory. | 排除了统一理论的可能性 |
[14:29] | – You honestly believe that? – Sheldon. | -你不会真的相信吧 -谢尔顿 |
[14:33] | That’s… interesting. | 这… 很有意思 |
[14:34] | Tell me more about how Einstein’s life goal | 再跟我说说爱因斯坦的人生目标 |
[14:36] | was nothing but folly. | 有多荒唐至极 毫无意义 |
[14:40] | What is she thinking? | 她在想什么啊 |
[14:42] | Maybe she’s thinking, “Why did I come here with this guy?” | 也许她在想 “我为什么会跟这男人来啊” |
[14:45] | Wait, no, | 等等 不对 |
[14:46] | that’s what I’m thinking. | 那是我的想法 |
[14:49] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[14:50] | She brought him here on purpose. | 她带他来是别有用心 |
[14:52] | – What purpose? – To upset me. | -别有什么心 -为了刺激我 |
[14:54] | You know, Dale, | 戴尔 |
[14:55] | not everything is always about you. | 世界不是围着你转的 |
[14:57] | Well, you’re mad at me, she’s mad at me. | 可是你生我气了 她也生我气了 |
[14:59] | It seems like it’s all about me. | 看起来就是围着我转啊 |
[15:00] | Well, you owe her an apology. | 反正你该向她道歉 |
[15:02] | Like hell I do. | 应该个屁 |
[15:03] | Then I’m gonna do it for you. | 那我替你道歉 |
[15:05] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[15:07] | Connie, wait. | 康妮 等等 |
[15:08] | What? | 干嘛 |
[15:09] | Bring me back a beer. | 帮我带杯啤酒回来 |
[15:16] | Missy? | 米希 |
[15:18] | Go away. I’m not talking to you. | 走开 我不要跟你说话 |
[15:20] | I know you’re mad. | 我知道你很生气 |
[15:23] | But I’ve been thinking about it, and… | 但我认真想过了 |
[15:25] | I trust you enough to know that you will behave yourself. | 我很信任你 我知道你会守规矩的 |
[15:30] | So, just this once, you can go. | 所以这次破例 你可以去 |
[15:32] | Thanks, Mom. Love you. | 谢啦 妈妈 爱你 |
[15:35] | Why won’t this open? | 门怎么打不开 |
[15:37] | Sometimes it sticks! | 有时会卡住啦 |
[15:40] | I know, on the surface, | 我知道 表面看起来 |
[15:41] | Dale seems like a… | 戴尔是个… |
[15:44] | a bully, but, | 恶霸 但是 |
[15:45] | underneath… | 他实则 |
[15:46] | Still a bully. | 还是个恶霸 |
[15:47] | Well, yes, but a little less of one, right? | 你说得对 但也没到那么可恶 对吧 |
[15:51] | Sure. | 对啦 |
[15:52] | Thank you. You know, | 谢谢你 这样吧 |
[15:54] | I’m gonna bring him a peace offering. | 我拿酒过去跟他求和 |
[15:58] | Ain’t he cute? | 他很帅对吧 |
[15:59] | Can you believe that Dale thinks | 你能相信吗 戴尔认为 |
[16:02] | the only reason you brought him here is just to piss him off? | 你带他来婚礼的唯一原因是为了激怒他 |
[16:04] | That’s exactly why I brought him. | 这正是我带他来的目的 |
[16:08] | – What the hell is the matter with you? – What? | -你这人怎么回事啊 -怎么了 |
[16:11] | Why would you go out of your way | 你为什么要特地 |
[16:13] | to upset Dale at your own son’s wedding? | 在你儿子婚礼上惹怒戴尔 |
[16:15] | I don’t know. He’s my ex-husband. | 我也不知道 他是我前夫嘛 |
[16:17] | Well, he’s my boyfriend. | 但他是我男友 |
[16:18] | Hey, that’s your problem. | 那是你的问题 |
[16:20] | Well, you’re starting to be my problem. | 那你现在成为我的眼中钉了 |
[16:21] | Geez, who’s the bully now? | 老天 瞧谁才是恶霸啊 |
[16:25] | I knew I shouldn’t have come here. | 我就知道不该来的 |
[16:31] | Your ex-wife is a bitch. | 你前妻是个贱人 |
[16:33] | I am so filled with love for you right now. | 我此刻对你充满了爱意 |
[16:38] | I believe we have to look to gravity and its magnitude… | 我相信我们必须考虑引力和其量级… |
[16:41] | I was really doing my best to hold it together. | 我已经竭力憋着不爆发了 |
[16:44] | …could be a repulsive force if you just add negative mass. | …如果加上负质量 有可能是斥力 |
[16:48] | I smiled and nodded | 我微笑点头 |
[16:49] | like my meemaw’s Houston Oilers bobblehead. | 像我姥姥的休斯顿油人队摇头公仔一样 |
[16:52] | And I also discovered a way | 我还发现了一个方法 |
[16:53] | that we could predict the masses of all the known particles | 能预知所有已知粒子的质量 |
[16:57] | using the Egyptian pyramids. | 正是利用金字塔计算 |
[17:00] | In physics, there’s a phenomenon known as supercritical assembly. | 在物理学界 有个现象叫做超临界组成 |
[17:04] | If you bring enough material together in one place… | 如果把足够多的物质集中在一处… |
[17:07] | The trick is numerology. | 诀窍就是命理学 |
[17:09] | …in the right configuration, | …在一定组态下 |
[17:11] | eventually, it will explode. | 最终 会爆炸 |
[17:14] | This is fun. Not a lot of people I can talk to | 这样真有意思 没多少人能和我进行 |
[17:15] | scientist-to-scientist. | 科学家之间的谈话 |
[17:18] | We’re not talking scientist-to-scientist. | 我们并没有进行科学家之间的谈话 |
[17:21] | You’re not a scientist. You’re just a rich man that | 你不是科学家 你只是个有钱人 |
[17:23] | no one will be honest to because everyone wants your money. | 没人愿意对你说真话 因为大家都想要你的钱 |
[17:29] | Oh, don’t listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[17:30] | I mean, he’s just a kid. | 他只是个不懂事的小屁孩 |
[17:32] | Why don’t you tell me a little more | 不如你再跟我说说 |
[17:33] | about your pyramid thingy? Huh? | 你的金字塔理论 好吗 |
[17:42] | It turned out Gary did appreciate my honesty. | 结果证明 加里的确欣赏我的坦诚 |
[17:46] | The school got a generous donation. | 校方得到了一笔慷慨捐赠 |
[17:48] | My, my, my. | 我的天呀 |
[17:50] | That is a lot of zeroes. | 好多0啊 |
[17:55] | My father got Oilers tickets from President Hagemeyer. | 哈格迈尔校长给了我父亲油人队的球赛门票 |
[17:58] | 50-yard line and free parking? | 50码线的位子 还免费停车 |
[18:00] | Hoo-mama. | 妈呀爽死 |
[18:04] | And I got a brand-new, state-of-the-art | 而我得到了一把最新型 |
[18:06] | antistatic lab chair. | 抗静电的全新实验室椅 |
[18:13] | It works. | 真的能抗静电 |