时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Behind every great scientist, | 在每个成功的科学家背后 |
[00:03] | there were often unsung helpers toiling away in the background. | 常常都有着协助他们的无名英雄 |
[00:07] | Presenting… | 为您呈现 |
[00:12] | When Alexander Graham Bell needed an assistant, | 当亚历山大·格雷厄姆·贝尔需要协助的时候 |
[00:14] | it was Thomas Augustus Watson | 是托马斯·奥古斯都·沃森 |
[00:16] | who answered the call. Get it? | 接起了这个使命的”召唤” 听懂哏了没 |
[00:18] | “The call.” | “电话” |
[00:20] | Madame Curie’s daughter Irene | 居里夫人的女儿伊雷娜 |
[00:22] | was also her lab assistant. | 也是一名实验助手 |
[00:24] | Irene was so dedicated, she died of radiation poisoning. | 伊雷娜潜心工作 最后甚至死于辐射中毒 |
[00:28] | Unlike her sister Eve, who selfishly lived to 102. | 不像她妹妹艾芙 自私自利活到102岁 |
[00:32] | Lastly, Emile Roux was assistant to Louis Pasteur. | 最后 埃米尔·鲁克斯也曾是路易·巴斯德的助手 |
[00:36] | When they worked on the rabies vaccine, | 当他们在一起研发狂犬病疫苗的时候 |
[00:38] | Roux kept a loaded gun in the lab | 鲁克斯在实验室里备了一把上膛的枪 |
[00:40] | to shoot Pasteur in the head if he got infected. | 好在巴斯德不幸感染病毒发疯时 一枪了结他 |
[00:43] | He never had to, but it’s fun to know he would have. | 虽然没有真需要开枪过 但知道他会也是挺有趣 |
[00:46] | No, Sheldon. | 不了 谢尔顿 |
[00:47] | You can’t be my lab assistant. | 你不能当我的实验助手 |
[00:49] | Maybe you weren’t paying attention. | 可能你刚才没有仔细听 |
[00:51] | I’ll start over. | 我重新给你说一遍 |
[00:52] | Behind every great scientist, | 在每个伟大的科学家背后 |
[00:53] | there was a dedicated as… | 都有一个潜心… |
[00:55] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[00:58] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:01] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:06] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:13] | Lab assistants are usually upperclassmen. | 实验助手通常都是高年级生 |
[01:16] | I believe I’ve been at this university | 我觉得我在这间大学待的时间 |
[01:18] | long enough to be considered. | 已经久到可以被算为高年级生了 |
[01:19] | You’ve been here two weeks. | 你才来了两周 |
[01:21] | Hey, 16 days if you count orientation. | 加上新生入学日那就足足有16天了 |
[01:24] | Sheldon, there’s a waitlist of students | 谢尔顿 排队要抢那个位子的学生 |
[01:26] | who’ve applied for that position. | 可是有一大串呢 |
[01:27] | I just can’t give you special treatment. | 我不能就这么给你特殊待遇 |
[01:29] | Not with that attitude. | 要想成 你得改改态度 |
[01:31] | Tell you what, I’ll think about it. | 不然这样吧 我再好好考虑一番 |
[01:33] | Should I come back or should I wait? | 那我是之后再回来 还是在这等你想 |
[01:35] | – Come back. – I’ll wait. | -之后再回来吧 -我在这等吧 |
[01:36] | I thought about it. No. | 我想完了 不要 |
[01:42] | You think Judge Wapner and Rusty the bailiff | 你觉得剧里的法官跟法警 |
[01:44] | are friends in real life? | 现实生活中是朋友吗 |
[01:45] | Yeah. | 肯定是 |
[01:46] | You can’t fake that kind of chemistry. | 他们那种默契肯定不是靠演的 |
[01:49] | I’m flying! | 我飞起来啦 |
[01:52] | There you are! Where have you been? | 你在这里啊 你之前都上哪去了 |
[01:54] | – We’ve been waiting for you. – What is this? | -我们等你好久了 -这是什么鬼 |
[01:57] | That’s the exercise guy Meemaw likes. | 是姥姥喜欢看的那个健身男 |
[01:59] | Sweatin’ to the Oldies 2… | 《老人飙汗》第二集 |
[02:01] | I can’t believe anyone pays money to watch old people sweat. | 真不敢相信有人愿意付钱看老人流汗 |
[02:04] | 40 bucks? | 40块吗 |
[02:06] | They sold over a million of those? | 他们居然卖掉超过百万份了吗 |
[02:07] | At 40 bucks a pop? | 居然要40块一份吗 |
[02:09] | Do you know how much money that must be? | 你知道那样是多少钱吗 |
[02:12] | I’m not a calculator. | 我又不是计算机 |
[02:15] | 40 X 1000000 40 times… one million. | |
[02:20] | That’s 40 million! | 那是4千万啊 |
[02:24] | And then he said he wouldn’t give me special treatment. | 然后他说他不愿意给我特别待遇 |
[02:26] | I think what he said is everybody should be treated equally. | 我想他的意思是他应该一视同仁 |
[02:29] | I’m sorry, is this Russia? | 抱歉 我们这里是苏联吗 |
[02:31] | Should we get in line for bread? | 我们要不要去排队领面包啊 |
[02:33] | It’s his lab, Sheldon. He can do what he wants. | 谢尔顿 人家的实验室人家说了算 |
[02:38] | I’ve got it. | 我知道了 |
[02:39] | Dr. Linkletter likes you. | 林克莱特博士喜欢你 |
[02:40] | You go on a date with him and when he tries to kiss you, | 你跟他去约会 趁他想要亲你的时候 |
[02:43] | say you’ll do it, but only if he gives me the job. | 提出他如果愿意给我名额 就同意亲他 |
[02:46] | I’m gonna ask you to think hard about what you just said. | 年轻人 你再重新想想你刚才说了什么鬼话 |
[02:50] | What? I want something, he wants something– | 怎么 我有目的 他也有目的 |
[02:52] | seems like a win-win. | 最后我们双赢啊 |
[02:53] | Not for me. | 但老娘没赢到啊 |
[02:54] | You get a free dinner. | 你免费蹭到了一顿晚餐啊 |
[02:55] | Make him take you someplace nice. | 让他带你去高档的好地方 |
[02:57] | – Ooh, maybe Sizzler. – Sheldon. | -要不去时时乐自助餐吧 -谢尔顿 |
[03:02] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[03:04] | Gonna make an exercise video. | 我要来拍健身录像 |
[03:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:07] | If Richard Simmons could make 40 million bucks, | 如果理查德·西蒙斯都能赚到4千万 |
[03:10] | think how much I could make with my face. | 你想想我这脸蛋能赚到多少钱 |
[03:12] | What’s your face got to do with it? | 你的脸蛋跟这事有什么关系 |
[03:13] | What do you mean? I’m gorgeous, ask anybody. | 什么意思 我很帅好吗 你出去打听打听 |
[03:19] | Since my meemaw was being stingy with her love, | 由于我姥姥要当个爱情小气鬼 |
[03:22] | I had to find another way | 我只好另寻他路 |
[03:23] | to change Dr. Linkletter’s mind. | 来改变林克莱特博士的想法 |
[03:25] | I decided to treat this like a science experiment– | 我决定把这件事当成一个科学实验 |
[03:28] | test various methods of persuasion | 测试多种不同的说服方式 |
[03:30] | to determine which was the most effective. | 来判定哪一种效果最为拔群 |
[03:32] | Dr. Linkletter, I was talking to the other physics professors | 林克莱特博士 我刚才在跟其他几个物理教授聊天 |
[03:35] | and they think you having an 11-year-old lab assistant | 他们都觉得如果你有一个11岁的实验助手 |
[03:38] | – would be neat. – No. | -绝对会很赞 -不要 |
[03:41] | Don’t you want your peers to think you’re cool? | 你难道不希望你的同事觉得你很酷吗 |
[03:43] | – No. – I would. | -不想 -我就会想 |
[03:45] | No. | 不了 |
[03:47] | Dr. Linkletter? | 林克莱特博士 |
[03:48] | What? | 干嘛 |
[03:49] | If you look in your drawer, | 如果你看看你的抽屉里 |
[03:50] | you’ll find a little something. | 你会发现好东西 |
[03:54] | I hope you like peanut butter cookies. | 希望你会喜欢花生酱饼干 |
[03:56] | This isn’t going to change my mind. | 这也不会令我改变主意 |
[03:58] | – You sure? – Yes. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[03:59] | Then give them back, they’re my favorite. | 那你还我 这可是我最爱的饼干 |
[04:03] | Say yes. | 答应吧 |
[04:04] | – No. – Yes. | -不要 -你要 |
[04:05] | – No. – Yes. | -不要 -你要 |
[04:07] | – No. – HIja. | -不要 -赫拉和 |
[04:10] | What? | 什么 |
[04:10] | That’s “Yes” in Klingon. | 那是克林贡语的”好” |
[04:12] | How do you say “No” in Klingon? | 那克林贡语的”不好”怎么说 |
[04:13] | Qo’. | “扣” |
[04:14] | Qo’! | “扣” |
[04:19] | I overheard some of your other candidates | 我听到你的其他候选人 |
[04:21] | talking about marijuana. | 在聊大麻的事情 |
[04:23] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[04:24] | Well, you should. | 你应该在意啊 |
[04:25] | I think they plan on smoking it. | 他们好像在计划抽两管 |
[04:30] | – You know what? – What? | -你知道吗 -知道什么 |
[04:32] | I was just admiring your posture. | 我在赞叹你的体态 |
[04:34] | You’re not all hunched over like most people your age. | 你不像你的同龄人那般弯腰驼背 |
[04:40] | So, most people think you need expensive machines to work out, | 很多人觉得自己要有昂贵的器材才能健身 |
[04:44] | but I just use free weights. | 但我都是举免费的铁 |
[04:46] | To be clear, they ain’t free. You got to buy them. | 我澄清一下 不是真的免费 还是得先买回家 |
[04:48] | Are you watching yourself work out? | 你在看自己健身吗 |
[04:51] | I made an exercise video. | 我录了一卷健身录像带 |
[04:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:54] | To sell. | 来卖啊 |
[04:56] | That’s very important. | 这点很重要 |
[04:57] | Next, we’re gonna do curls. | 接下来我们得做弯举动作 |
[04:59] | ‘Cause, like I always say, | 就像我的那句名言 |
[05:01] | curls get the girls. | “弯举做得好 泡妞没烦恼” |
[05:03] | – Oh, Lord. – What? | -我的老天啊 -怎么了 |
[05:07] | People like it when things rhyme. | 大家就喜欢押韵的标语好吗 |
[05:15] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[05:16] | Can I be your lab assistant? | 我能当你的实验助手吗 |
[05:19] | What time is it? | 现在几点 |
[05:20] | That’s not a no. | 你没有拒绝 |
[05:22] | If I say yes, will you please stop hounding me? | 如果我答应你 你可以别烦我了吗 |
[05:25] | – Absolutely. – Fine. | -当然 -行 |
[05:26] | You win. Good night. | 你赢了 晚安 |
[05:28] | Just out of scientific curiosity, | 请满足一下我科学上的好奇心 |
[05:30] | were you persuaded by the disorienting nature | 我是靠着趁你迷迷糊糊 晕头转向时 |
[05:32] | of this late-night phone call | 打来的这通深夜电话 |
[05:33] | or by the cumulative weight of my relentlessness? | 还是靠着我死缠烂打堆积的精神压力说服了你 |
[05:35] | That one. | 后者 |
[05:38] | I learned an important lesson that night. | 那天晚上我学到了十分宝贵的一课 |
[05:41] | When you want something, | 如果你想要某一个事物 |
[05:42] | relentlessly annoying is your road to victory. | 当个死缠烂打的烦人精是获胜的不二法门 |
[05:50] | – How may I assist you today? – Follow me. | -今天我有何能替你效劳呢 -跟我来 |
[05:53] | Should I look over your notes? | 要看过一遍你的笔记吗 |
[05:55] | Would you like me to double-check your math? | 还是要我检查一下你的运算过程 |
[05:57] | See these bolts? | 看到这些螺丝了吗 |
[05:58] | Scrub the grease off. | 把上面的油脂刷掉 |
[06:00] | – But there’s hundreds of them. – Yes. | -这里有几百个螺丝耶 -没错 |
[06:01] | That’s where you come in. | 所以才要你来做啊 |
[06:03] | – Surely there’s a better use of my intellect. – Son, | -一定有更能发挥我聪明才智的地方吧 -崽啊 |
[06:05] | we’re building a solar neutrino detector. | 我们要搭建一个太阳中微子探测器 |
[06:08] | If you don’t want the job, there’s the door. | 如果你不想做这工作 门就在那里 |
[06:10] | No, I want it. | 我愿意 |
[06:11] | Good man. | 好小伙 |
[06:16] | Although that door does look tempting. | 不过那扇门现在看起来好诱人啊 |
[06:18] | So, I could really use your help | 我真的很需要您的帮忙 |
[06:19] | making it look more professional. | 来让这影片看起来更专业 |
[06:23] | Like, adding a little, you know… | 就是加入一点… 你懂吧 |
[06:26] | I think the word you’re looking for is “Pizazz.” | 我想你要说的词是”魅力” |
[06:29] | Exactly. So, you’ll do it? | 没错 那你愿意帮忙吗 |
[06:32] | Well, I’m flattered that you would ask, | 你会想到来请我帮忙我很高兴 |
[06:34] | but exercise videos… | 可是健身录像嘛… |
[06:38] | That’s not really what I do. | 不是我的领域 |
[06:40] | But I’ve seen you on TV. | 可是我看过你拍电视广告啊 |
[06:42] | I’m soft and firm in all the right places. | 我浑身上下软硬适中 |
[06:46] | You’ve been in plays. | 你也拍过舞台剧 |
[06:48] | It’s all right, Molly. | 没事了 茉莉 |
[06:50] | Annie’s here. | 安妮来了 |
[06:51] | Don’t forget my modeling work. | 别忘了我也当过平面模特 |
[06:55] | But I have a reputation. | 但我也是有名声的人 |
[06:59] | When people hear the name Gene Lundy, | 当人们听到吉恩·伦迪这名字 |
[07:01] | they expect quality. | 他们会期待有档次 |
[07:02] | They expect showmanship. | 有表现力 |
[07:04] | They expect me to get paid. | 也会期待我能获得酬劳 |
[07:06] | Oh, I’m gonna pay you. | 我会付你钱啊 |
[07:09] | Let’s make an exercise video! | 那开始合作拍健身录像吧 |
[07:12] | While not the lab work I hoped to be doing, | 虽然不是我期待中的实验室工作 |
[07:14] | it did feel good to be part of an actual experiment. | 但能参与真正实验中的一部分还是很棒的 |
[07:18] | A tedious, menial part | 非常微不足道的一部分 |
[07:19] | that could be performed by a monkey. | 连一只猴子都能做的部分 |
[07:21] | Or worse, an engineer. | 不对 是连工程师都能做 |
[07:24] | Here you go. | 给 |
[07:26] | 473 grease-free bolts. | 473个无油脂螺丝 |
[07:29] | – Excellent. – Now what? | -太棒啦 -现在呢 |
[07:31] | How about I help you design | 不如让我来帮忙你设计 |
[07:32] | an even better solar neutrino detector? | 一个更好的太阳中微子探测器吧 |
[07:34] | Actually, what I need you to do is… | 其实我接下来需要你帮忙的事情是 |
[07:37] | take this grease and put it on these bolts. | 把这罐油抹到这些螺丝上 |
[07:41] | But I just took the grease off the bolts. | 但我刚刚才把油给刷掉啊 |
[07:43] | That was the wrong grease. | 之前那种不对所以让你刷掉 |
[07:44] | This is the right grease. Have at it. | 这种油脂才是正确的 抹个愉快 |
[07:47] | If this is some kind of test to get me to quit, | 如果你是故意在刁难我好让我退出 |
[07:49] | it’s not going to work. | 这招是不会有效的 |
[07:50] | I don’t know what you were expecting, | 我不知道你本来有什么期待 |
[07:52] | but this is a menial job. | 但这工作本来就很琐碎 |
[07:53] | After this, I need you to sort a crate of resistors, | 抹完之后 我还要你去给电阻器分类 |
[07:57] | strip a case of wire and then sweep up. | 再去剥一箱线路 完了再扫地 |
[08:01] | Then I quit. | 那我退出 |
[08:02] | Now, I like the idea of an exercise video. | 我很喜欢你拍健身录像这点子 |
[08:06] | I’m just not sure that weight lifting is the way to go. | 但我不确定举铁是不是最佳的呈现方式 |
[08:09] | Why not? | 哪里不好 |
[08:10] | It’s low-energy. You know? | 很没有活力啊 你懂吧 |
[08:13] | We don’t want a one-man show. | 我们不想拍独角戏 |
[08:14] | We want Starlight Express. | 是要《星光列车》 |
[08:17] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[08:18] | You’d love it. Andrew Lloyd Webber, | 你会喜欢的 是安德鲁·劳埃德·韦伯的作品 |
[08:20] | people on roller skates. | 大家溜着旱冰鞋 |
[08:22] | That’s a thought. Skater-cise. | 这主意不错 溜冰健身 |
[08:25] | Do you… do you skate? | 你… 你溜冰吗 |
[08:26] | No. | 不啊 |
[08:27] | Too bad. | 真不巧 |
[08:28] | You sure I can’t just lift weights? | 你确定我不能举举铁就完事吗 |
[08:30] | Aerobics is the way to go. | 有氧健美操才是最棒的选择 |
[08:32] | It’s got music. It’s got energy. | 有音乐 又有活力 |
[08:36] | It’s got what? | 还有什么呢 |
[08:37] | – Pizazz? – Bingo! | -魅力吗 -正解 |
[08:39] | Now, hear me out. | 你听我说说 |
[08:42] | We surround you with a bunch of dancing girls. | 让几个热舞女孩包围着你 |
[08:45] | No, even better. | 不 再更进一步 |
[08:46] | The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. | 找达拉斯牛仔队的拉拉队员 |
[08:48] | If that’s what “pizazz” means, I like it. | 如果”魅力”就是这个意思 哥喜欢 |
[08:52] | Of course, to do this right, | 当然了 想做到位 |
[08:55] | we are gonna need some financing. | 我们需要资金 |
[08:58] | What does your father do for a living? | 你父亲是做什么工作的 |
[08:59] | He’s a coach here at the school. | 他在本校担任教练 |
[09:01] | Oof. | 没戏了 |
[09:03] | I know somebody who’s got money. | 我知道谁有钱 |
[09:07] | What do you two want? | 你俩想干嘛 |
[09:08] | What we want is to make you rich. | 我们想带你发财 |
[09:13] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[09:15] | – What do you mean you quit? – It was beneath me. | -你辞职了是什么意思 -干这个有失我身份 |
[09:18] | You need to learn there’s nothing wrong with a little hard work. | 你得认识到 辛苦工作没什么不好的 |
[09:20] | Hard work is calculating neutrino properties | 计算中微子性质 精确到百分之一 |
[09:22] | to one percent accuracy. | 才叫辛苦工作 |
[09:24] | Anyone can wash bolts. | 洗螺丝谁都会啊 |
[09:26] | You begged him for that job. | 是你求他给你那份工作的 |
[09:28] | I assumed he’d realize the value of my intellect | 我以为他会认识到我过人智商的价值 |
[09:30] | and put it to good use. | 好好利用一番 |
[09:31] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[09:32] | You made a commitment. | 你做出过承诺的 |
[09:34] | When you say you’re gonna do something, you do it. | 自己说过要做的事 就得贯彻到底 |
[09:36] | Well, he could find someone else. | 他可以找别人 |
[09:38] | Doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[09:39] | This is about you being a man of your word. | 重点在于你身为男人必须言而有信 |
[09:44] | I wanted to point out that I couldn’t be a man of my word, | 我本来想指出 我不是男人又怎么言而有信 |
[09:47] | since I hadn’t hit puberty, but he seemed pretty grouchy. | 我都还没步入青春期 但看他表情还是算了吧 |
[09:52] | You know how you love | 你不是很喜欢 |
[09:53] | those Richard Simmons tapes? | 那些理查德·西蒙斯健身录像带吗 |
[09:55] | – Yeah. – Well, what if I told you | -是啊 -如果我告诉你 |
[09:57] | we have the next big thing in home fitness videos. | 我们手上有下一个爆红家庭健身录像呢 |
[10:02] | Mm. And what kind of thing would that be? | 是什么内容的 |
[10:06] | “Cowboy aerobics.” | “牛仔健美操” |
[10:08] | Yee-haw. | 呀呼 |
[10:10] | It’s like, um, | 差不多是 |
[10:11] | Sweatin’ to the Oldies with a little bit of Southern swagger. | 《老人飙汗》再加点南方风味 |
[10:15] | Cool, huh? | 很酷 对吧 |
[10:17] | So, are y’all just trying to sell me an aerobics tape? | 所以你们是想给我推销一部健美操录像吗 |
[10:21] | No. | 不是 |
[10:21] | No, not at all. | 不是那么回事 |
[10:23] | We want you to give us money to make them. | 我们是想让你白给我们钱拍一部 |
[10:24] | “Invest.” He… he means invest. | “投资” 他是指投资啦 |
[10:28] | And who would be, uh, starring in this video? | 那这录像由谁主演呢 |
[10:31] | Me. | 在下 |
[10:33] | That’s ridiculous. | 真是天大的笑话 |
[10:36] | And Richard Simmons ain’t ridiculous? | 理查德·西蒙斯就不可笑吗 |
[10:38] | Well, now, the young man does have a point. | 这年轻人说的倒是有理有据 |
[10:40] | Yeah, maybe on his head. | 我看他是脑子有洞 |
[10:41] | Look, you’re not getting my money. | 听着 老娘是不会给你们钱的 |
[10:44] | Well, you are passing a-a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. | 你这是放弃掉一生难求的好机会啊 |
[10:48] | And how much lifetime do you have left? | 你想想 你这辈子还能活多久 |
[10:50] | That’s not helping. | 这话是帮倒忙 |
[10:54] | No. | 没门 |
[10:58] | All right, fair enough. | 好吧 行 |
[10:59] | Thank you for hearing us out. | 谢谢你听我们说完 |
[11:02] | If you have a change of heart, you let us know. | 如果你改变主意了 就告诉我们 |
[11:05] | Screw that. | 老子不服 |
[11:07] | My whole life | 从我记事开始 |
[11:08] | I’ve seen you bet on football games, | 我见过你无数次赌橄榄球赛 |
[11:10] | throw away all kinds of money at the track. | 把钱扔进赛马场这个无底洞 |
[11:14] | If you want to gamble on something, | 如果你想打赌碰运气 |
[11:15] | why can’t it be on your own grandson? | 为什么不能押在你外孙身上呢 |
[11:20] | How much money you need? | 你们需要多少钱 |
[11:24] | Well, now, um… | 这个嘛 |
[11:25] | how much money did you bet on football last year? | 你去年花了多少钱赌橄榄球 |
[11:28] | Well, you’re not getting that much. | 你们别想拿到那么多 |
[11:32] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:33] | Dr. Linkletter? | 林克莱特博士 |
[11:35] | Sheldon Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[11:37] | I’m calling to apologize. I shouldn’t have quit. | 我打来向你道歉 我不该辞职的 |
[11:40] | I made a commitment, and I need to see it through. | 我做出过承诺 我得坚持到底 |
[11:43] | I appreciate that, but there’s no need. | 谢谢你 但没这必要 |
[11:46] | There is. It’s important to me, as well as my father. | 有必要 这对我和我父亲都很重要 |
[11:50] | – Fine. – Excellent. | -那好吧 -很好 |
[11:52] | Don’t worry, I won’t overstep my bounds. | 别担心 我不会越界的 |
[11:54] | I give you my word as a Texan. | 我以德州人身份向你保证 |
[11:57] | – Great. – And a man. | -很好 -还有男人身份 |
[11:58] | – Very good. – Well, a future man. | -好极了 -好吧 是未来的男人 |
[12:00] | At present, my hormones and body hair aren’t exactly | 目前 我的荷尔蒙和体毛还未完全达到 |
[12:02] | – what you’d call… – Good night. | -所谓的… -晚安 |
[12:14] | The next day I returned to my role | 第二天我精神抖擞地 |
[12:16] | as lab assistant with renewed vigor. | 回归到实验助手角色 |
[12:18] | Bolts were greased, | 螺丝上过油了 |
[12:20] | wires were stripped, | 电线外皮被剥掉了 |
[12:21] | floors were swept, all with a smile. | 地也扫干净了 我全程面带微笑 |
[12:23] | It was a forced smile | 虽说是强挤出的笑 |
[12:25] | but you’d never know. | 但你绝对看不出来 |
[12:26] | I must say, Sheldon, I’m impressed. | 我必须说 谢尔顿 你让我刮目相看 |
[12:28] | I gave you my word and I’m standing by it. | 我答应过你的 我就会守信 |
[12:30] | Well, I know it’s not glamorous, | 我知道这工作没什么吸引力 |
[12:32] | but all scientists pay their dues. | 但所有科学家都吃过苦 |
[12:33] | And I’m happy to do it. | 我很乐意吃苦 |
[12:35] | – Good man. – I understand my role here. | -好小伙 -我很清楚自己在这的身份 |
[12:37] | In fact, I noticed a flaw in your reaction rates, | 事实上 我注意到你的反应速率有错误 |
[12:39] | but I kept it to myself because I know my place. | 但我绝口不提 因为我懂得守本分 |
[12:41] | – You really think there’s a flaw? – Oh, yes. | -你真认为有错 -是啊 |
[12:44] | What is it? | 是什么错 |
[12:45] | I appreciate you testing me, | 感谢你测试我 |
[12:46] | but I’m not going to crack. | 但我不会屈服的 |
[12:48] | I’m not testing you. | 我没在测试你 |
[12:49] | Nice try. | 演技挺好 |
[12:54] | So, when are we gonna shoot this thing? | 我们什么时候开始拍这个 |
[12:56] | Slow down, now. | 别着急啊 |
[12:58] | We’ve got to plan out. | 我们得好好计划 |
[12:59] | You know, costumes, choreography, music. | 服装啊 编舞啊 音乐啊 |
[13:02] | Let’s start with the set. | 先从布景开始 |
[13:03] | Now, I was thinking… | 我在考虑 |
[13:05] | an Oklahoma theme. | 做成音乐剧《俄克拉荷马》主题 |
[13:07] | Hay bales, saloon door, | 干草捆 酒吧门 |
[13:08] | maybe a surrey with a fringe on top. | 也许再来辆顶上带流苏的四轮马车 |
[13:11] | A what with a what? | 什么鬼东西 |
[13:12] | Oh, you know. | 就是那首 |
[13:13] | ♪ Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry * | ♪ 小鸡小鸭小鹅快让路 ♪ |
[13:16] | ♪ When I take you out in my surrey ♪ | ♪ 我驾驶四轮马车带你出游 ♪ |
[13:18] | ♪ When I take you out in my surrey with the fringe ♪ | ♪ 我驾驶顶上带流苏的四轮马车带你出游 ♪ |
[13:20] | Okay, forget Oklahoma. | 好吧 忘了《俄克拉荷马》 |
[13:23] | Done. | 已忘 |
[13:25] | In an effort to find out the mistake in his experimental design, | 为了找出他实验设计中的错误 |
[13:29] | Dr. Linkletter performed his own experiment on me. | 林克莱特博士在我身上进行了实验 |
[13:32] | You know, Sheldon, I don’t even care if you tell me the error. | 谢尔顿 我根本不在乎你告不告诉我错在哪了 |
[13:35] | In fact, I’d rather you keep it to yourself. | 事实上 我宁可你不说出来 |
[13:38] | All right. | 好啊 |
[13:40] | Yeah. | 行吧 |
[13:43] | I got you a little something for all your hard work. | 我准备了一份小礼物 感谢你的辛苦付出 |
[13:45] | It’s about a little boy who doesn’t let being dead | 这本书讲的是一个小男孩不让死亡 |
[13:47] | stop him from having fun. | 阻止他找乐子 |
[13:49] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[13:52] | Now that I’ve given you something, | 我送你礼物了 |
[13:53] | perhaps you want to reciprocate. | 或许你想回送我什么以示答谢 |
[13:55] | Sure. You can have this. I don’t want it. | 好啊 这个给你 我不想要 |
[14:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:07] | Uh, may I speak with Sheldon? | 我想找谢尔顿 |
[14:10] | It’s the middle of the night. Who the hell is this? | 三更半夜的 你谁啊 |
[14:12] | Uh, wrong number. | 打错了 |
[14:18] | All right. | 好了 |
[14:20] | Let’s try it again. | 再来一遍 |
[14:27] | ♪ Last night… ♪ | ♪ 昨晚… ♪ |
[14:28] | I’m sorry, are-are we galloping, or are we doing double Dutch? | 抱歉 你是在骑马飞驰还是跳绳 |
[14:33] | You got to get your hips into it, All right? | 你得把胯扭起来 知道吗 |
[14:36] | Yeah, you get your rope, you get your hip. | 举起绳子 摆起小胯 |
[14:38] | We can gallop up, we can gallop back. | 我们可以往前冲 也可以往后退 |
[14:40] | We’re lassoing and galloping | 我们骑着马儿挥舞着套索 |
[14:42] | around the corral. | 在畜栏里飞驰 |
[14:44] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[14:45] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[14:47] | Can it wait? | 你能等会吗 |
[14:48] | I’m trying to turn your grandson here | 我正在把你外孙调教成 |
[14:50] | into the Richard Simmons of the Wild West. | 狂野西部的理查德·西蒙斯 |
[14:52] | No, it can’t. I took a look at this contract you sent over. | 等不了 我看了一下你发来的合同 |
[14:55] | Oh, well, that’s just boilerplate legalese. | 那就是些样板法律术语 |
[14:58] | I wouldn’t even read that. | 我连看都懒得看 |
[14:59] | Too late. I couldn’t help but notice | 太迟了 我不禁注意到 |
[15:01] | you’re taking 80% of the profits. | 80%的利润归你 |
[15:03] | 80% Eighty percent? | |
[15:05] | Well, in case no one has noticed, | 以防没人注意到 |
[15:07] | I’m doing most of the work here. | 大部分工作都是我干的 |
[15:09] | But it was all my idea. | 但这全是我的创意 |
[15:11] | Your idea was lifting weights in some dingy garage. | 你的创意不过是在昏暗车库里举重物 |
[15:15] | Cowboy aerobics was hatched in this egg right here. | 牛仔健美操是在哥这颗大脑鸡蛋里孵化出来的 |
[15:19] | But it’s my face. | 但露脸的是我啊 |
[15:20] | And my money. | 花的是老娘的钱 |
[15:21] | And my apologies, | 我道歉 |
[15:24] | but 20% is all you’re getting. | 但你只能分到20% |
[15:26] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[15:28] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:30] | I’ve done all the choreography. | 所有舞蹈都是我编排的 |
[15:31] | I designed the sets. | 布景也是我设计的 |
[15:33] | I-I made the costumes by hand. | 连服装都是我手工制作的 |
[15:35] | You think you can find sequined chaps in a mall? | 你以为商场里有卖亮片皮套裤吗 |
[15:38] | No, you cannot. | 才没有 |
[15:40] | And they give you quite the look when you ask. | 而且问店员的话还会被当变态看待 |
[15:43] | Come on, let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[15:45] | Oh, fine, go ahead. | 好啊 走就走 |
[15:47] | And we’re gonna make our own exercise video without you. | 我们会自己制作一个健身录像 不带你 |
[15:49] | No, we’re not. | 并不会 |
[15:50] | No, we’re not! | 并不会 |
[15:54] | And they call me dramatic. | 他们还说我是戏精呢 |
[15:57] | The next day, Dr. Linkletter ran his experiment. | 第二天 林克莱特博士做了实验 |
[16:00] | I’m proud to say I never broke my word, | 我能自豪地说 我始终没食言 |
[16:02] | and he eventually figured out the problem. | 他最后还是明白问题出在哪了 |
[16:05] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[16:06] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[16:08] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[16:09] | Was it too much oxygen in the reagents? | 试剂里是不是含太多氧了 |
[16:11] | See? You didn’t need my help after all. | 瞧 你根本不需要我帮忙 |
[16:21] | Mr. Lundy was undeterred. | 伦迪先生并没有气馁 |
[16:23] | He sought out new investors and new talent | 他寻找新投资者和新人才 |
[16:25] | to bring cowboy aerobics to life. | 意图让牛仔健美操问世 |
[16:27] | You’ve got the look. | 你外表够英俊了 |
[16:29] | You’ve got the physique. | 体格也够健壮 |
[16:31] | If-if we could secure a star of your caliber, | 如果我们能找到你这种水准的主角 |
[16:35] | it would really put us on the map. | 定能一举成名 |
[16:37] | I do look good in a cowboy hat. | 我戴牛仔帽的确很帅气 |
[16:39] | You look good in everything. | 你穿什么都好看 |
[16:42] | Come on, Mr. Hasselhoff. | 拜托啦 哈塞尔霍夫先生 |
[16:44] | Call me The Hoff. | 叫我阿霍就好 |
[16:45] | Okay, The Hoff. | 好的 阿霍 |
[16:47] | So, what do you say? | 那么 你意下如何 |
[16:49] | Well, I’ve conquered television, music. | 我已经征服了电视界和音乐界 |
[16:53] | I don’t see why I couldn’t add exercise videos to my empire. | 将健身录像也收归我事业帝国中 有何不可 |
[16:58] | So you’ll do it? | 这么说你愿意加入了 |
[17:00] | You got The Hoff! | 阿霍任你差遣 |
[17:02] | Hot damn! I got The Hoff! | 我去 阿霍任我差遣 |
[17:05] | By-by any chance, | 你会不会 |
[17:06] | do you know what size chaps you wear? | 碰巧知道你穿什么尺码的皮套裤 |
[17:09] | Oh. I got my own. | 我自己就有 |
[17:12] | Of course you do. | 当然了 |
[17:14] | 大卫·哈塞尔霍夫 牛仔健美操 全新全身锻炼录像带 | |
[17:17] | All right, buckaroos, it’s time for cowboy aerobics with… | 好了牛仔们 该和他一起跳健美操啦 |
[17:21] | – David Hasselhoff! – David Hasselhoff! | -大卫·哈塞尔霍夫 -大卫·哈塞尔霍夫 |
[17:23] | Who’s ready to rustle up some muscles? | 谁准备好锻炼肌肉了 |
[17:27] | Let’s saddle up and ride. | 备好马 我们甩鞭飞驰吧 |
[17:30] | Thanks to The Hoff, | 多亏了阿霍 |
[17:31] | the video was a smashing success. | 那录像大获成功 |
[17:34] | Who wants a beach body like the ones on Baywatch? | 谁想要《海滩游侠》里那种横陈沙滩的健美身材 |
[17:38] | Which I’m also in. Check your local listings. | 我也出演了这电影 查查你们当地的上映信息 |
[17:41] | Unfortunately, | 只可惜 |
[17:42] | Mr. Lundy put all his profits | 伦迪先生把他全部利润 |
[17:44] | into a musical about his life, entitled: | 都投进了一部关于他生平的音乐剧 标题是 |
[17:47] | Live, Laugh, Lundy. | 《生活 大笑 伦迪》 |
[17:49] | 《生活 大笑 伦迪》 演出取消 不可退款 | |
[17:49] | He is poor to this day. | 他到今天都还是穷光蛋 |