时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Checkmate. You lose. | 将军 你输了 |
[00:05] | 5,730-year half-life of carbon-14 | 碳14的5730年的半衰期 |
[00:09] | is used as a geochronometer. | 被人们用来当做地质时标 |
[00:10] | Anything else you’d like to add? | 你有什么想补充的吗 |
[00:12] | I read this magazine. | 我读了这本杂志 |
[00:14] | Why won’t you compete with me? | 你为什么不跟我竞争 |
[00:16] | Because it’s fun watching you get upset. | 因为看你不爽生气很好玩啊 |
[00:18] | What’s fun about it? | 那有什么好玩的 |
[00:20] | Everything. | 每一秒都是好戏 |
[00:23] | I’ve never been good at sharing. | 我从来都不是善于分享的人 |
[00:25] | I had to share a womb… | 但我得分享子宫 |
[00:31] | …A bedroom… | 卧室 |
[00:39] | Even my train room had Georgie’s sweaty weight bench in it. | 连我的火车房都得跟小乔治的推举椅分享 |
[00:42] | Come on, George. One more. | 小乔治 加油 再一下 |
[00:45] | Feel the burn, big boy. | 感受肌肉的燃烧吧 猛男 |
[00:47] | Feel the burn. | 感受它在燃烧 |
[00:49] | But when it came to academics, the spotlight was all mine. | 但说到学术 聚光灯只属于我一个人 |
[00:52] | Sheldon, having you here has been a real boon to this university. | 谢尔顿 你的加入令本大学蓬荜生辉 |
[00:57] | I did love basking in its glow. | 我好爱沐浴在焦点之中 |
[01:00] | So we could really use your help | 所以我们真的很需要你的帮助 |
[01:02] | in raising the school’s profile even higher. | 来让学校的名气更上一层楼 |
[01:05] | Of course. My intellect is at your service. | 没问题 我的智慧愿为您效劳 |
[01:08] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[01:09] | There is another young physics prodigy | 我们希望你帮忙我们 |
[01:11] | we want you to help us recruit. | 招揽另一位物理天才进来 |
[01:13] | Her name is Paige Swanson. | 她的名字叫佩吉·斯旺森 |
[01:17] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:20] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:23] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:26] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:28] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:35] | Why would you want Paige to come here? | 你为什么会想要佩吉来我们学校呢 |
[01:37] | You know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[01:38] | Oh, I know her. | 我可太认识她了 |
[01:39] | Ah. Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[01:40] | Just tell her how much you love the school | 就拜托你告诉她你有多喜欢我们学校 |
[01:42] | and convince her to enroll. | 然后说服她也来我们这里读书 |
[01:44] | But you don’t need another child prodigy. | 但你不需要再有一位神童了吧 |
[01:45] | You’ve already got me. | 你已经有我啦 |
[01:46] | And you have been… so great. | 你的表现真的是超棒 |
[01:49] | Just imagine what it’d be like having two of you. | 想象一下如果能有两个你该有多好 |
[01:52] | Well, why would you want two of me? | 你为什么会想要两个我呢 |
[01:53] | I mean, I’ve heard even one of me is a lot to handle. | 光是有一个我 就已经是人称鬼见愁了啊 |
[01:56] | Well, you’re not afraid of a little competition, are you? | 你不会是害怕有一点小竞争吧 |
[01:59] | From Paige? Hardly. | 跟佩吉吗 没什么好怕的 |
[02:00] | But I should warn you, she can be very difficult. | 但我得先警告你 她非常难伺候 |
[02:03] | Well, luckily I’ve had some practice with that lately. | 幸好我近期得到了不少训练 |
[02:07] | And how do you handle it? | 你都怎么应对的呢 |
[02:09] | Usually I, uh, play to their egos. | 通常我会满足他们的骄傲与自大 |
[02:13] | You know, make them feel like the smartest person in the room. | 令他们觉得自己是全场最聪明的人 |
[02:16] | And they fall for that? | 什么人会中这种招数啊 |
[02:18] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[02:19] | not everyone’s as smart as you, Sheldon. | 毕竟不是人人都跟你一样聪明绝顶嘛 谢尔顿 |
[02:23] | Okay, have a great day. Love you. | 好啦 祝你一天顺顺利利 爱你 |
[02:27] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[02:29] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[02:30] | I learned it in baseball. | 我打棒球学到的这招 |
[02:31] | When you don’t want the other team to see what you’re saying. | 当你不想要敌队读你唇时可以用 |
[02:34] | It’s okay to love your mom. | 爱自己的妈妈很合情合理吧 |
[02:36] | At home. Here, you get the hand. | 在家爱合理 在校不鸟你 |
[02:41] | Hey, Mary. | 玛丽 |
[02:42] | Oh, Brenda. | 布兰达 |
[02:43] | Love the haircut. | 新发型好好看啊 |
[02:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:46] | I was always afraid to go short, | 我一直很怕剪短头发 |
[02:48] | but I figured I already lost a husband. | 但我想 反正老公都跑了 |
[02:50] | What’s a few inches off the top? | 剪短几寸头发又能如何 |
[02:51] | Well, you look like a new person. | 你看起来简直焕然一新呢 |
[02:54] | I feel like a new person. | 我也感到重获新生 |
[02:55] | I just needed to do something for me. | 我就想好好宝贝自己一下 |
[02:58] | It was either this or get a tattoo on my thigh. | 所以要么剪头要么就是大腿上刺青了 |
[03:01] | I think you made the right choice. | 我想你做了正确的选择 |
[03:03] | Well, I guess. | 大概吧 |
[03:04] | I mean, who’s seeing me naked these days? | 反正现在还有谁会看我裸体呢 |
[03:07] | Well, I wouldn’t know. | 这我就不知道了 |
[03:17] | Hey, Mary. What are you doing here? | 玛丽 你怎么来啦 |
[03:19] | I don’t know. I was just out running errands | 没有啦 刚才在外面办事情 |
[03:21] | and thought maybe I’d make an appointment. | 就想着顺道过来跟你预约个时间 |
[03:23] | Well, chair’s free now. Come on, have a seat. | 现在就有空 玛丽 你坐啊 |
[03:28] | O-okay. | 好吧 |
[03:30] | Okay. What can I do for you? | 好啦 你想我给你怎么剪 |
[03:32] | Well, I guess I’m just looking for a change. | 我就是想要做一点改变吧 |
[03:35] | Uh-oh. | 糟糕 |
[03:37] | What’s “Uh-oh”? | “糟糕”是什么意思 |
[03:38] | Nothing, it’s just, when the women come in looking for a change, | 没什么啦 只是通常女人走进来说想做改变 |
[03:41] | it’s usually relationship trouble. | 通常都是感情出了问题 |
[03:45] | Well, not me. I’m fine. | 我才没有 我没问题 |
[03:47] | Okay, but I got a perm and a divorce in the same week | 行 不过我当年烫头跟离婚发生在同一周 |
[03:51] | and I only regret one of them. | 而我只对其中一件事有后悔 |
[03:54] | Maybe this is a bad idea. I should come back. | 或许这是个坏主意 我之后再来吧 |
[03:55] | No, no, no, no. Come on, you’re already here. | 别别别 坐啦 你人都来了 |
[03:58] | Either way, there’s nothing wrong in a little change. | 无论如何 做点小改变是没有什么错的 |
[04:01] | Okay. Uh… | 好吧 |
[04:03] | What do you think I should do? | 那你觉得我该怎么改变呢 |
[04:05] | Well, when you look at yourself in the mirror, | 当你看向镜中的自己时 |
[04:07] | who do you see? | 你看到了谁 |
[04:08] | I see a mom and… a wife. | 我看到了一个母亲… 与妻子 |
[04:13] | Okay, that’s the hair you already got. | 这就是你现在的发型 |
[04:16] | Who do you want to see? | 那你想看到谁呢 |
[04:18] | Oh, um… | 这个嘛 |
[04:23] | Maybe we start with the nails. | 或许我们先从做指甲开始吧 |
[04:24] | That’s a great idea. Yeah. | 这主意真是太好了 |
[04:26] | So now I’m supposed to talk Paige into coming to my school. | 所以现在我得负责说服佩吉来我们学校 |
[04:29] | Maybe it’ll be nice to have somebody | 或许能有个跟你同龄的孩子 |
[04:31] | your own age to hang out with. | 一起玩也不错啊 |
[04:33] | Sure, so the next time someone says, | 对对对 这样以后人家说 |
[04:34] | “Hey, look what the kid genius did,” people will say, | “哇 快看那个神童做了什么” 他们会说 |
[04:36] | “Which one? There’s so many.” | “哪个神童啊 有好多个” |
[04:38] | I thought you and that little girl were friends. | 我还以为你跟那个小姑娘是朋友呢 |
[04:40] | Missy’s her friend. I’m her rival. | 米希是她的朋友 我是她的仇敌 |
[04:43] | Well, I think you’re getting worked up about nothing. | 我觉得你很可能在杞人忧天 |
[04:45] | Maybe she won’t even decide to come to this school. | 她可能都对来你们学校没兴趣 |
[04:48] | Oh, I see where you’re going. | 我懂你在暗示什么了 |
[04:51] | I should convince her it’s a terrible school. | 我应该告诉她这是一所烂学校 |
[04:53] | That’s brilliant. | 这招太妙了 |
[04:54] | That’s not where I was going. | 我完全没要教你这种招数 |
[04:56] | Too late, I’m already there. | 太晚了 我已无师自通 |
[05:03] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[05:06] | Look at me and tell me what you see. | 你看看我 你觉得你看到了谁 |
[05:09] | What? | 什么 |
[05:11] | Did you get a haircut? Looks great. | 你是不是剪头发了 很好看 |
[05:13] | No, I didn’t get a haircut. | 没 我没剪头发 |
[05:15] | ‘Cause you don’t need one. Looking good, babe. | 因为你不用剪就很美了 宝贝 |
[05:17] | Lord. | 我的天啊 |
[05:18] | Just tell me what you see when you look at me. | 你就说当你看着我时你看到了谁 |
[05:24] | I don’t know what’s going on, but this feels like a trap. | 我不知道怎么了 但感觉这是陷阱题 |
[05:27] | I went to the salon to get a haircut. | 我今天去发廊想剪个头发 |
[05:30] | Knew it, looking foxy. | 我就知道 风姿绰约 |
[05:31] | But I didn’t get one because I don’t know what I want. | 但我没剪 因为我不知道我想剪成什么样 |
[05:37] | You know who’s got good hair? Charlene Tilton. | 你知道谁的发型好看吗 夏琳·蒂尔顿 |
[05:41] | Who? | 谁啊 |
[05:41] | That little blonde one on Dallas. | 电视剧《达拉斯》里的那个金发妞 |
[05:43] | People make a fuss over Victoria Principal, | 大家都被维多利亚·普林西帕尔迷住了 |
[05:45] | but Charlene Tilton… | 但夏琳·蒂尔顿… |
[05:46] | You’re not helping me, George. | 乔治 你这些话一点帮助都没有 |
[05:50] | I knew this was a trap. | 我就知道有陷阱 |
[05:53] | I must tell you that Sheldon was very excited | 我必须得说 当谢尔顿听说你们 |
[05:56] | to hear that you might be joining us. | 有可能会来时 真的十分兴奋 |
[05:57] | Well, isn’t he sweet? | 他可真是可爱 |
[05:59] | He’s a peach. | 人美心善谢尔顿 |
[06:00] | All right, I’m here. Hello, hello. | 好啦 我到了 你好啊 你好啊 |
[06:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:04] | Hi, Sheldon. I’m so excited for you | 你好啊 谢尔顿 今天好兴奋 |
[06:06] | to show me around campus today. | 能有你带我四处参观校园呢 |
[06:08] | The only reason I’m doing it is because… | 我答应这件事的唯一原因是… |
[06:09] | He’s excited to do it, I’m excited he’s doing it. | 因为他十分期待做这件事 并感到十分兴奋 |
[06:12] | – Are you excited? – Sure. | -你兴奋吗 -当然 |
[06:13] | Everyone’s excited. Yay. | 大家都很兴奋 太棒啦 |
[06:16] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 跟我走 |
[06:18] | You and me, together again. | 我们两个又聚在一起啦 |
[06:21] | It just feels right, doesn’t it? | 感觉太对了 你说是吧 |
[06:25] | There’s the cafeteria. | 那边是食堂 |
[06:26] | If you like tuna salad with hair in it. | 喜欢含有头发的金枪鱼沙拉就来这里 |
[06:28] | Over there is the quad. It’s a nice place to relax, | 那边是中庭 可以放松的好地方 |
[06:31] | if you like getting hit in the head with Frisbees. | 喜欢被飞盘砸头就绝对别错过 |
[06:33] | – I know what you’re doing. – No, you don’t. | -我知道你在干嘛 -不 你不知道 |
[06:35] | You have nothing to worry about. | 你就放一百个心吧 |
[06:37] | I don’t want to come to this school. | 我对来这所学校完全没兴趣 |
[06:39] | I’m just looking at it to make my mom happy | 我会来参观是为了满足我妈 |
[06:40] | since it’s close to home. | 毕竟这所离家近 |
[06:42] | Well, that’s wonderful news. | 那可真是太好了 |
[06:43] | Besides, I’ve got offers from way better universities. | 而且有比这里强多了的大学要我去 |
[06:47] | What do you mean? What’s wrong with this school? | 什么意思 这所学校哪里不好了 |
[06:49] | It’s fine. It’s just nowhere near as good | 是没什么不好 但也很难比得上 |
[06:51] | as Harvard or Columbia. | 哈佛大学或哥伦比亚大学 |
[06:53] | It is too. | 一样好好吗 |
[06:55] | If you like a substandard science department | 只有在你喜欢二流的科学系 |
[06:57] | and hair in your tuna. | 以及有头发的沙拉这个前提下 |
[07:02] | Paige had made me look at East Texas Tech in a whole new light. | 佩吉让我对东德州理工有了全新的视角 |
[07:28] | Of course. | 真不意外 |
[07:43] | She said she doesn’t even want to come to this university. | 她说她压根就不想来这所大学 |
[07:45] | Well, I hope you convinced her otherwise. | 那我希望你成功说服她来了 |
[07:47] | She said she’d rather go to Harvard or Columbia. | 她说她更想去哈佛或哥大 |
[07:50] | T-Those are all perfectly fine schools, | 那些也都是很可以的大学啦 |
[07:52] | but we have a lot to offer here, too. | 但是我们这里也有很多优点啊 |
[07:54] | I told her that, but she said I was settling | 我也这么告诉她 但她说我将就了 |
[07:56] | because I want to live close to my mommy. | 纯粹是因为想离妈咪近才来这里读 |
[07:57] | Well, that’s ridiculous. | 一派胡言 |
[07:58] | That’s why I came here to tell on her. | 所以我才来跟你告状啊 |
[08:01] | Well, the important thing is you’re here and you’re happy. | 重点是你来了我们学校 而且很开心 |
[08:05] | I thought I was, but why does Paige | 我本来也这么以为 但为什么 |
[08:06] | get to go to a better school than me? | 佩吉可以去比我更好的学校呢 |
[08:09] | Hey, I know what’ll solve your problem. | 我知道怎么解决你的问题 |
[08:11] | Convince Paige to come here. | 说服佩吉来这里读就行了 |
[08:13] | Yeah. Wait. | 没错 等等… |
[08:16] | Sometimes I think George doesn’t even see me. | 有时候我觉得乔治眼里根本没有我 |
[08:19] | And it’s not just him. | 而且不光是他 |
[08:20] | My daughter’s embarrassed of me, | 我女儿也羞于在人前爱我 |
[08:22] | my boys think all I’m good for is food and clean clothes. | 我的儿子们觉得我只是厨子与洗衣机 |
[08:25] | You start feeling like a ghost, right? | 开始感觉自己像透明的鬼魂了吧 |
[08:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[08:28] | I get it, I’m a mom. | 我懂 我也是个母亲 |
[08:30] | So did that feeling ever go away? | 所以这种感觉会有散去的一天吗 |
[08:32] | Yeah. | 会啊 |
[08:33] | I realized I was doing everything for everyone else, | 我意识到我所做的一切都是在为别人而做 |
[08:37] | and I didn’t have anything left for me. | 并没有保留任何一点给自己 |
[08:39] | So, here we are. | 所以有了这家店 |
[08:43] | When I was younger, I used to love making my own clothes. | 当我还年轻的时候 我好喜欢给自己做衣服 |
[08:47] | Mm-hmm. I always thought I’d do something with that. | 我一直以为以后会往这方面发展 |
[08:49] | Maybe I should get back to it. | 或许我该回到这条路 |
[08:51] | You definitely should. | 绝对应该啊 |
[08:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:54] | Okay. So, what are we thinking? | 好啦 所以我们要来弄个什么发型 |
[08:57] | Actually, I don’t think I need a haircut anymore. | 其实呢 我觉得我不需要换新发型了 |
[09:01] | Thank you so much. | 真是太谢谢你啦 |
[09:03] | Oh, my pleasure. | 不客气呀 |
[09:08] | I got to start charging by the hour. | 我得开始按钟点收费了 |
[09:15] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[09:17] | I’m sewing. | 缝纫啊 |
[09:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:20] | Because it’s a thing I like to do. | 因为我喜欢做这事 |
[09:22] | I ain’t never seen you sew. | 我从来没见过你缝纫啊 |
[09:24] | Well, you’re seeing it now. | 现在就见到啦 |
[09:26] | What you making? | 你在缝什么 |
[09:27] | A dress for Missy. | 给米希的裙子 |
[09:31] | Did you lose your job? | 你是不是失业了 |
[09:32] | No. | 没有 |
[09:33] | Did Dad lose his job? | 那是爸爸失业了 |
[09:35] | It’s about me doing something for myself. | 重点是做我自己喜欢的事 |
[09:38] | All right, don’t get sassy. | 好吧 没必要发脾气啊 |
[09:43] | What’s going on in here? | 这是什么情况 |
[09:45] | She’s making clothes for Missy. | 她在给米希做裙子 |
[09:46] | Uh-oh. Did you lose your job? | 你失业了吗 |
[09:48] | No. | 才没有 |
[09:50] | She’s doing something for her. | 她是在做自己喜欢的事 |
[09:53] | I don’t get it, either. | 我也没搞懂 |
[09:56] | Ooh, maybe I’ll transfer to the University of Zurich. | 也许我可以转学去瑞士苏黎世大学 |
[09:59] | I thought you liked your school. | 你不是喜欢你的学校吗 |
[10:01] | I did, until Paige ruined it. | 本来很喜欢 直到被佩吉毁了 |
[10:03] | Why do you care what she thinks? | 你为什么在乎她的想法 |
[10:05] | I don’t. | 我不在乎 |
[10:06] | Sure sounds like you do. | 听起来你就是很在乎 |
[10:08] | I can’t help it. She makes me crazy. | 我忍不住 她快把我逼疯了 |
[10:10] | Then stop thinking about her. | 那就别再想她啊 |
[10:12] | I wish I could. | 我也希望能不想 |
[10:14] | Ooh, maybe you have a crush on her. | 也许你暗恋她哦 |
[10:16] | That’s ridiculous. | 怎么可能 |
[10:18] | I don’t know. | 这可说不准 |
[10:19] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[10:20] | You care what she thinks, you can’t stop talking about her. | 你在乎她的想法 老是在说她的事 |
[10:24] | I don’t have a crush on her! | 我才没有暗恋她 |
[10:25] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[10:27] | I don’t know! | 我不知道啦 |
[10:34] | Okay, here we go. | 好 来弄清楚 |
[10:36] | “Is it a crush? Take this juicy quiz and find out. | “是暗恋吗” 做这个有料的测试 找出答案 |
[10:40] | “Do you think about them when they’re not around?” | “对方不在身边时也会经常想起吗” |
[10:42] | Lately, yes. | 最近是的 |
[10:44] | “Are you jealous when other people give them attention?” | “其他人注意到对方时你会妒忌吗” |
[10:47] | I suppose I am. | 应该是妒忌的吧 |
[10:48] | “Do you get nervous when you’re around them?” | “待在对方身边时会感到紧张吗” |
[10:50] | How could I not? Last time she punched me, in the face. | 怎么可能不紧张 上次她一拳揍我脸上 |
[10:53] | That was so great. | 那次真的太精彩了 |
[10:55] | “Do you talk about them all the time?” | “你是不是时常提起对方” |
[10:56] | That’s a big fat yes. | 绝对的 |
[10:58] | “Do you dream about them?” | “你会不会梦见对方” |
[11:01] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[11:02] | Just last night I had a nightmare that she solved | 昨晚我才做了噩梦 梦见她比我更快 |
[11:04] | the Einstein field equations ahead of me. | 解出爱因斯坦场方程 |
[11:06] | That’s five out of five. | 五题全中 |
[11:08] | “You’re crushing harder than Zack on Kelly Kapowski.” | “你对她的迷恋胜过扎克对凯莉·卡保斯基” |
[11:11] | Uh, what does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:13] | Trust me, that’s a big deal. | 相信我 这可严重了 |
[11:16] | My sister had gotten into my head, | 我姐姐的话在我脑袋里挥之不去 |
[11:18] | but I needed a more reliable opinion than a magazine that included | 但我需要更靠谱的意见 而不是含有 |
[11:22] | the Hottest Tips for Pouty Lips. | “嘟嘟唇火辣小贴士”内容的杂志 |
[11:24] | Georgie? | 小乔治 |
[11:26] | What? | 干嘛 |
[11:27] | Can I ask you a question about girls? | 我能问你一个关于女生的问题吗 |
[11:29] | Go ahead, but I find them very confusing. | 问吧 但我觉得她们非常难捉摸 |
[11:32] | Missy thinks I have a crush on Paige. | 米希认为我暗恋佩吉 |
[11:35] | Do you? | 有吗 |
[11:36] | I don’t know, but I know that I don’t want to. | 我不知道 但我知道我不想 |
[11:39] | Well, you don’t get to choose. | 感情由不得你选择 |
[11:41] | It’s just something you feel. | 是发自内心的感受 |
[11:43] | Did you have a crush on your girlfriend? | 你以前有暗恋你现在的女朋友吗 |
[11:45] | Yeah, I guess. | 应该有吧 |
[11:47] | How did you know when you did? | 你怎么知道自己何时喜欢上她的 |
[11:49] | Well, one day she came to school in these soccer shorts, | 有一天她穿着足球短裤来学校 |
[11:51] | and that was it. | 我就沦陷啦 |
[11:53] | What happened, you played soccer with her? | 发生了什么 你和她一起踢足球吗 |
[11:55] | No, dummy. | 没有 呆子 |
[11:56] | Then what was the significance of the shorts? | 那短裤的意义在哪里 |
[11:59] | I don’t think I can help you. | 我想我帮不了你 |
[12:01] | Fine, I’ll ask Dad. | 好吧 那我去问爸爸 |
[12:02] | Good luck. The only thing he has a crush on is beer. | 祝你好运 唯一能让他动心的是啤酒 |
[12:05] | I wasn’t getting the help I needed, | 我没得到我需要的帮助 |
[12:07] | so I turned to the smartest resource I knew. | 于是我转而求助我认识的最聪明的人 |
[12:10] | Love is a funny thing. | 爱情这玩意很奇妙 |
[12:13] | They say, “The heart wants what the heart wants,” | 人们说 “爱是心之所向” |
[12:16] | but I think it should be, | 但我觉得应该是 |
[12:17] | “The limbic system wants what the limbic system wants.” | “大脑边缘系统所向” |
[12:22] | Finally, someone’s making sense. | 终于有人说得明白了 |
[12:24] | Well, not to brag, but when it comes to unrequited love, | 我不是想自夸啦 但说到单相思 |
[12:28] | I’m kind of an expert. | 我算是专家了 |
[12:30] | Well, when I talk to Paige, all she does is drive me crazy. | 我和佩吉一说话 她就把我气疯 |
[12:33] | There’s a thin line between affection and aggravation. | 喜欢和恼怒就一线之隔 |
[12:37] | The Roman poet Catullus said, | 罗马诗人卡图卢斯曾说过 |
[12:40] | “I hate and I love and I know not why.” | “我又恨又爱 但我不知为什么” |
[12:45] | I’m not sure what to make of that. | 我不确定该作何感想 |
[12:46] | Perhaps it’d be more useful in Latin. | 或许我用拉丁语说会更有用 |
[12:49] | “Odi et amo…” | “我又恨…” |
[12:50] | I just want to know if I have a crush. | 我只想知道我是不是动心了 |
[12:52] | Well, does your heart rate elevate | 你待在她身边时 |
[12:54] | when you’re in her presence? | 会不会心跳加速 |
[12:56] | I suppose. | 会吧 |
[12:57] | Does your stomach flutter? | 你心里会不会小鹿乱撞 |
[13:00] | Yes. | 会 |
[13:01] | Sounds like your limbic system might be doing its thing. | 听起来你的大脑边缘系统好像在运作哦 |
[13:05] | Oh, dear. | 惨了 |
[13:12] | That’s a lot of fabric. | 你买了好多布料啊 |
[13:14] | Oh, it’s not just fabric. | 不只是布料 |
[13:15] | I also got pattern books and an accessory kit. | 我还买了花色小册子和配饰套组 |
[13:20] | Can I ask how much that all cost? | 我能问问买这些花了多少钱吗 |
[13:21] | Well, it’s hard to say, because in the long run | 不好说 因为从长远来看 |
[13:24] | I’m gonna save us money. | 我还会给家里省钱 |
[13:26] | Well, what did it cost in the short run? | 那从短期看 要多少钱 |
[13:29] | I don’t know, a hundred dollars? | 我不确定 一百美元吧 |
[13:30] | A hundred dollars? What is wrong with you? | 一百美元 你脑子坏掉了吗 |
[13:34] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要这么说 |
[13:36] | That is a good question. | 这问题问得好 |
[13:38] | I mean, what is wrong with you? | 你脑子坏掉了吗 |
[13:40] | Why is it okay when you say it? | 为什么你说就行 |
[13:42] | ‘Cause clearly there’s something wrong with you. | 因为你很明显脑子是真的坏掉了啊 |
[13:44] | So you think it’s fine that she spent | 所以你觉得她花一百买线 |
[13:46] | a hundred dollars on thread? | 没问题吗 |
[13:48] | I think it’s fine that she has something that makes her happy. | 我觉得她拥有能带给她快乐的东西没问题 |
[13:53] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[13:54] | Anybody but you. | 除了你这奇葩谁都行 |
[13:56] | Look, I get it. | 听着 我懂你 |
[13:58] | One time, Darlene got all into scrapbooking. | 达琳一度沉迷做剪贴簿 |
[14:02] | Overnight, our den became her scrapbooking room. | 一夜之间我们家就成了她的剪贴簿工作室 |
[14:04] | What did you do? | 你怎么处理的 |
[14:05] | I said, “Whatever makes you happy, dear,” | 我说 “只要你快乐怎样都行 老婆” |
[14:07] | and made love to her in the scrapbooking room. | 然后和她在剪贴簿工作室激烈交缠 |
[14:13] | Maybe if you had three kids, you’d worry more about money. | 你要是有三个孩子 就会更操心钱的问题 |
[14:17] | Oh, we can’t wait to have babies. | 我们等不及造人了 |
[14:19] | I just love the way their little heads smell. | 我好喜欢闻婴儿小脑袋的味道 |
[14:22] | Does anybody in here want to be my friend? | 在场有谁想当我的朋友吗 |
[14:25] | Anybody? | 有人吗 |
[14:28] | Look, Sheldon, you’re not gonna convince me to come here. | 谢尔顿 你没法说服我来这里的 |
[14:30] | You’re wasting your time. | 你是在浪费时间 |
[14:33] | I’m afraid we have a bigger problem. | 恐怕有比这更严重的问题 |
[14:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[14:39] | I’m a scientist, and I have to follow the data | 我是科学家 我必须遵循数据 |
[14:42] | wherever it leads, whether I like it or not. | 指引的方向 不管我是否喜欢 |
[14:45] | Get to the point. | 说重点吧 |
[14:48] | It seems I have a crush on you. | 我似乎暗恋你 |
[14:51] | What? | 什么 |
[14:52] | I’m as surprised as you are. | 我和你一样诧异 |
[14:53] | But I have all the symptoms according to both Dr. Sturgis | 但我的症状完全符合斯特吉斯博士 |
[14:56] | and the editors of Sassy magazine. | 和《时髦》杂志所说的 |
[15:03] | Uh, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[15:07] | I’m really glad that you told me this, | 我很高兴你告诉我了 |
[15:08] | ’cause… the truth is, I feel the same way about you. | 因为 说实话 我对你也有同样的感觉 |
[15:14] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[15:15] | I mean, I’ve been trying to hide it, | 我一直拼命隐藏我的心情 |
[15:16] | but now I don’t have to anymore. | 但现在我不用再压抑自己了 |
[15:19] | This is such a relief. | 真是松了一口气 |
[15:21] | Oh, dear. This is new information. | 天啊 这是新信息 |
[15:24] | I had been operating under the assumption | 我之前的操作都是基于 |
[15:25] | that my crush was unrequited. | 我只是单相思 |
[15:28] | Oh, it’s requited, Sheldon. It’s very requited. | 是双向的 谢尔顿 很双向 |
[15:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:38] | We have a crush on each other. | 我们两情相悦 |
[15:40] | So? | 所以呢 |
[15:42] | Well, now we have to kiss. | 现在我们必须亲亲 |
[15:43] | We do? | 必须吗 |
[15:45] | I mean, it’s where the data has led us. | 是数据把我们引向这一步的 |
[15:50] | I suppose. | 我想你说得对 |
[15:52] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:53] | Now close your eyes and pucker up. | 闭上眼睛 噘嘴 |
[16:02] | This might tickle. | 可能会有点痒 |
[16:07] | What’s happening? Are we kissing? | 怎么回事 我们在亲亲吗 |
[16:09] | You bet. | 当然啦 |
[16:13] | How was that? | 感觉如何 |
[16:15] | I didn’t feel anything romantic. | 我没感觉到一丝一毫浪漫 |
[16:18] | Hmm. Me, either. | 我也没有 |
[16:21] | I guess it wasn’t a crush after all. | 那看来这并不是暗恋 |
[16:23] | I guess not. | 估计不是 |
[16:25] | Hmm. That’s a relief. | 那我就放心了 |
[16:28] | It is. | 没错 |
[16:29] | I went to three classes before I figured it out. | 我上了三节课才发现真相 |
[16:32] | Good thing I look spiffy in a mustache. | 幸好我留八字胡也很帅气 |
[16:41] | Oh. Three days in a row. | 连续来三天 |
[16:44] | If you were a man, I’d think you was in love with me. | 如果你是男的 我都要以为你爱上我啦 |
[16:46] | Well, this time I’m actually gonna get a haircut. | 这次我真的要剪头发 |
[16:49] | I had a little accident. | 我出了点小意外 |
[16:51] | Uh-oh, what happened? | 发生什么了 |
[16:54] | Well, I was sewing and got to daydreaming… | 我之前边缝衣服边做白日梦 |
[17:03] | I love it. | 我好喜欢 |
[17:04] | You can make all my clothes from now on. | 从现在开始我所有衣服都给你做 |
[17:09] | I’m-a wear this to the prom. | 我要穿这件去毕业舞会 |
[17:11] | I was wrong, honey, you really are good at this. | 之前是我错了 老婆 你真的很厉害 |
[17:14] | Boy, am I dumb. | 我真是有眼不识泰山 |
[17:18] | George! | 乔治 |
[17:20] | George! Help! | 乔治 救我 |
[17:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:23] | – What’s the matter? – My hair got tangled in the machine. | -出什么事了 -我头发卷进缝纫机里了 |
[17:26] | So pull it out. | 那就拉出来啊 |
[17:28] | Don’t you think I thought of that?! | 你以为我想不到这招吗 |
[17:29] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 那你要我做什么 |
[17:31] | All right, don’t move. | 好了 别动 |
[17:34] | And here we are. | 所以我就来了 |
[17:36] | Okay. Let’s get that hat off and see what we’re dealing with. | 好吧 摘掉帽子让我看看是什么情况 |
[17:40] | – I don’t want to. – Oh, come on. | -我不想摘掉 -勇敢一点 |
[17:42] | I’ve been doing this a long time. | 我做一行很久了 |
[17:43] | I promise you I’ve seen worse. | 我保证我见过更灾难的 |
[17:50] | That’s not bad at all. | 一点都不难看啊 |