时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Classical physics can predict a lot about the world. | 物理学可以预测世界上的诸多事物 |
[00:06] | For example, it can tell us what happens | 举个例子 它可以告诉我们 |
[00:08] | when one pool ball knocks into another. | 当一颗台球撞到另一颗会发生什么事 |
[00:12] | But when multiple balls careen in different directions, | 但当多颗球同时朝着不同方向滚动时 |
[00:16] | we’ve entered the wild and woolly world of nonlinear dynamics. | 我们就进入了疯狂的非线性动力学领域 |
[00:21] | And you don’t need me to tell you | 你并不需要我告诉你就知道 |
[00:22] | that it’s impossible to predict what will happen next. | 要预测接下来的发展是不可能的 |
[00:25] | Actually, based on the state of our educational system, | 不对 根据我们目前教育系统的水平 |
[00:28] | you probably do. | 你可能还真需要我说 |
[00:30] | Now imagine those are people. | 现在想象一下那些球代表着人 |
[00:32] | Even a brilliant young ball who graduated high school at 11 | 哪怕是一颗11岁就从高中毕业的天才少年球 |
[00:36] | can be caught in the maelstrom. | 也可能被卷入风暴之中 |
[00:40] | Our first collision was set in motion | 我们首次碰撞发生在 |
[00:42] | when Pastor Jeff and Robin had their baby. | 杰夫牧师与罗宾有了孩子 |
[00:45] | Isn’t he the cutest? | 他是不是超可爱啊 |
[00:47] | – He sure is. – Oh. Yeah, he’s an angel. | -那当然啦 -对啊 他就是个小天使 |
[00:50] | He’s just happy all the time– | 无论什么时候都很开心 |
[00:52] | morning, afternoon, | 早上 下午 |
[00:54] | middle of the night, 2:00 A.M., 3:00 A.M., | 深夜 半夜2点 半夜3点 |
[00:58] | all the A.M.’s, really. | 半夜的每个点都”开心” |
[01:01] | Dip the pacifier in some whiskey, | 把奶嘴沾一点威士忌 |
[01:03] | put him right out. | 能立刻把他弄睡 |
[01:04] | But don’t use the good stuff. | 记得别用好酒 |
[01:06] | They can’t tell the difference. | 他们尝不出差别 |
[01:08] | I never thought I could love anything this much. | 我从没想过我能这么爱一个人事物 |
[01:11] | I used to think I loved my dog Waffles, | 我曾经以为我很爱我的狗狗”松饼” |
[01:13] | but it doesn’t even compare. | 但对它的爱根本比不上现在 |
[01:17] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:19] | Sorry. I’m fine. | 抱歉 我没事 |
[01:21] | Just haven’t been sleeping lately. | 只是最近有点缺觉罢了 |
[01:23] | Why don’t you go home? | 那你干嘛不回家补个觉呢 |
[01:24] | We can handle things here. | 这里我们能搞定 |
[01:26] | No. No, I’m good. I got work to do. | 不 不行 我没事 我还有工作要做 |
[01:30] | Away from my son, | 远离儿子身边 |
[01:32] | who’s probably wondering where his daddy went | 他现在估计在思索他老爸去哪儿了 |
[01:34] | and if he’s ever coming home. | 爸爸会回家吗 |
[01:37] | Maybe go. | 你还是回去吧 |
[01:38] | – I’ll go. – And don’t worry about a thing here. | -行 -这里的事情你就放千百个心吧 |
[01:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[01:42] | Oh, sure, we can handle the food drive, | 对啊 我们能搞定食品募捐 |
[01:44] | the bulletins… | 教堂公告 |
[01:46] | And if you’re not feeling up to it, | 如果你到时候还没办法 |
[01:47] | I could even give the sermon on Sunday. | 我周日可以帮你布道啊 |
[01:50] | I’m sure I’ll be fine by Sunday. | 我相信我周日肯定已经没事了 |
[01:52] | You don’t have to decide right now. | 不用现在就着急做决定啦 |
[01:54] | I’ll do the sermon. | 我会来布道 |
[01:55] | We’ll play it by ear. | 到时候看着办吧 |
[01:56] | Take a hint, sister. | 人家差不多是明示了 姐妹 |
[01:58] | Sure, I can stay till George gets home. | 可以啊 我可以待到乔治回家再走 |
[02:01] | Well, Missy’s not back yet, but Sheldon’s right here. | 米希还没到家 但谢尔顿就在我面前 |
[02:05] | Sheldon, you good? | 谢尔顿你还好吗 |
[02:11] | Yeah, he’s good. | 他很好 |
[02:12] | All right, bye. | 好吧 再见 |
[02:15] | I just got off the phone with your mom. | 我刚跟你妈妈通完电话 |
[02:17] | She’s gonna work late, | 她今天上班要晚回家 |
[02:18] | so I’ll hang out till your dad… | 所以我会待到你爸爸… |
[02:19] | I don’t care. | 随便 |
[02:25] | What’s wrong with her? | 她怎么啦 |
[02:27] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:30] | Everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:32] | Leave me alone. | 别来烦我 |
[02:35] | Did something happen at school? | 在学校发生什么事了吗 |
[02:37] | Go away. | 走开啦 |
[02:39] | Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it? | 你确定你不要跟我说说吗 |
[02:42] | No! | 不要 |
[02:47] | I’m going number one. | 我要去上小号 |
[02:52] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:55] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:58] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[03:00] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:11] | Hey, I’m gonna need you to drop the bulletin off at the printers. | 我需要你把公告拿去复印了 |
[03:15] | And while you’re out, could you also swing | 当你出去办这事的时候 你可以顺便 |
[03:16] | by the bank and make a deposit? | 去银行把这钱存进去吗 |
[03:18] | Sure, and there’s one thing you could do for me. | 当然 我也有一件事需要你帮忙 |
[03:21] | – What’s that? – Quit riding my hump. | -什么事 -少跟我逼逼歪歪的 |
[03:24] | – Excuse me? – You’re not the boss around here. | -你说什么 -你又不是我的老板 |
[03:28] | No, but Pastor Jeff’s away, and I’m the church secretary. | 不是啦 只是杰夫牧师不在 我是教会秘书嘛 |
[03:32] | Okay. | 行 |
[03:34] | Take a memo. “You’re not in charge. Peg.” | 有一份给你的备忘录 “你不是老大 佩佩留” |
[03:42] | * Nothing compares * | * 没有什么比得上 * |
[03:46] | * Nothing compares to you… * | * 没有什么比得上你 * |
[03:51] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[03:53] | What’s going on? | 现在是什么状况 |
[03:54] | Mary’s working late, Sheldon’s in the garage, | 玛丽要加班 谢尔顿在车库 |
[03:58] | and Missy’s in her room hating the world. | 米希在房间里憎恨全世界 |
[04:00] | What’s wrong with Missy? | 米希怎么了 |
[04:01] | My guess is a boy. | 我猜跟男生有关吧 |
[04:03] | And I hope you like this song, because it’s in heavy rotation. | 希望你喜欢这首歌 因为正在疯狂单曲循环中 |
[04:09] | I’ll go talk to her. | 我去跟她聊聊 |
[04:10] | That’s not a good idea. | 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[04:12] | Mm, Missy and I kind of have a father-daughter thing. | 米希跟我父女情深好吗 |
[04:14] | Maybe you and cute, little Missy. | 跟你情深的是可爱小米希 |
[04:16] | This is pre-teen, angry Missy. | 这可是青春期前的愤怒版米希 |
[04:20] | You haven’t met her yet. | 你还没见过她呢 |
[04:23] | I got this. | 我能搞定 |
[04:26] | Dumb and confident– my favorite combination. | 蠢又信 我最爱的一种组合 |
[04:34] | Missy? | 米希 |
[04:49] | I was listening to that. | 人家在听呢 |
[04:51] | Thought you might want to talk. | 我觉得你会想聊聊呢 |
[04:52] | That’s why the door was shut and the music was loud– | 所以我房门紧闭 音乐开到震天响 |
[04:55] | ’cause I want to talk. | 是因为我想跟人说话吗 |
[04:56] | Okay. Okay. | 行行行 |
[05:04] | If this is about a boy, | 如果是跟男生有关 |
[05:06] | I know it feels like the end of the world, but | 我知道你现在觉得像天要塌了 但是… |
[05:08] | I promise you’re gonna have other boyfriends. | 我跟你保证你会交到新男朋友 |
[05:10] | I don’t want other boyfriends. I want Marcus. | 我不想要新男朋友 我就要马库斯 |
[05:13] | Well, you feel that way now, but you’re only 11. | 你现在或许这么觉得 但你才11岁 |
[05:17] | So my feelings don’t matter? | 所以我的感觉就不重要了吗 |
[05:22] | Hey, how about we go get some ice cream? | 好啦 不然我们去买冰激凌吃吧 |
[05:24] | I’m not a child. | 我又不是小孩子 |
[05:26] | – Just trying to help. – Leave me alone! | -只是想安慰你嘛 -别烦我啦 |
[05:46] | You are right. | 你说得对 |
[05:47] | You have been here longer than me. | 你在这里的资历比我老 |
[05:50] | I don’t see why we can’t work together. | 我们肯定有办法可以一起合作的 |
[05:52] | That’d be nice. | 那挺好啊 |
[05:53] | – Great. – So, why don’t you go by the bank, | -很好 -那麻烦你负责去银行存款 |
[05:57] | and I will drop off the bulletin? | 我去负责复印公告吧 |
[06:00] | So no one’s gonna answer the phones? | 然后没人接电话吗 |
[06:03] | Fine. You just sit there, and I’ll go and do everything. | 行 您就坐着 我去把所有事都做完 |
[06:07] | Sweet. | 那太好啦 |
[06:09] | Oh, today’s a stumper. | 今天的题可真不容易啊 |
[06:12] | Is “Nipto” a word? | 有”黑斑白纹”这个词吗 |
[06:14] | You know what? This is why I was taking charge of everything. | 你看 这就是为什么我需要来发号施令 |
[06:17] | Because if I don’t, nothing will get done. | 如果我不这么做 啥事都不会做好 |
[06:19] | Oh, it’s “Pinto.” | 是”黑白斑纹” |
[06:21] | This is exactly what I’m talking about. | 我说的就是这样 |
[06:23] | Guess what, Mary. | 玛丽 你猜怎么着 |
[06:25] | Things were getting done long before you got here. | 早在你来这教会前 一切早就运转顺利了 |
[06:29] | I just want everything taken care of for Pastor Jeff. | 我只是希望帮杰夫牧师做好一切 |
[06:33] | Or you just like thinking you’re better than everybody. | 或者是你想要觉得自己比别人强吧 |
[06:42] | How’d that daddy-daughter thing work out? | 你们的父女情深牌效果如何 |
[06:44] | I’m not in the mood, Connie. | 我现在没心情跟你闹 康妮 |
[06:45] | I told you not to go in there, but you knew better, didn’t you? | 我说了别去 你要自作聪明 怪谁呢 |
[06:48] | I don’t need your parenting advice. | 我不需要你来教我怎么教育孩子 |
[06:50] | Seems like you do. | 感觉你很需要啊 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry. How many of your children still talk to you? | 不好意思 你生的小孩中 有几个还跟你有联络 |
[06:55] | Oh, that’s right. Just Mary. | 对哦 就剩玛丽一个 |
[07:12] | I have a problem. | 我碰到个问题 |
[07:13] | – What now? – Missy put a “Do not enter” sign on our bedroom door, | -又怎么了 -米希在房门上写了”禁止进入” |
[07:17] | and I’m all for obeying posted signage, | 而我十分乐意遵守告示牌 |
[07:19] | but it is my room, | 但那也是我的房间 |
[07:20] | and I feel that gives me right of entry. Thoughts? | 我觉得我有资格进入 你说呢 |
[07:23] | You don’t want to go in there. | 你不会想进去的 |
[07:24] | But I do. Is Missy even authorized to put up a sign? | 但我就是想 而且米希有挂公告的权力吗 |
[07:27] | And if so, does that mean I can put up a sign? | 如果她有权 那我是不是也有权挂牌 |
[07:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:31] | Because if I put up a “Do enter” sign, | 因为如果我挂了”请进”牌 |
[07:33] | which sign would have precedence? | 哪个牌的优先序比较高呢 |
[07:34] | Do we have a lawyer? I should talk to a lawyer. | 我们家有合作的律师吗 我需要跟律师谈谈 |
[07:38] | She’s having boy problems. Just give her space. | 她碰到了感情问题 给她点空间 |
[07:42] | Emotionally or legally? | 心情上还是法律上 |
[07:43] | Emotionally. | 心情上 |
[07:45] | Excellent. Ignoring emotions is where I shine. | 那太好了 忽略别人心情正是我的强项 |
[07:48] | Clearly. | 看出来了 |
[07:52] | – Did you not see the sign? – I did. | -你是没看到牌子吗 -我看到了 |
[07:54] | It’s not legally binding. I asked Dad. | 但是它没有法律效力 我问过爸爸了 |
[07:57] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛啊 |
[07:58] | Getting rid of my stupid toys. Hmm. | 把我这些白痴玩具都给丢了 |
[08:01] | Even your Cabbage Patch doll? | 连你的卷心菜娃娃也丢吗 |
[08:02] | – I don’t need a doll. – Good. | -我才不要破娃娃呢 -那太好了 |
[08:04] | She was starting to smell like actual cabbage. | 它都开始散发卷心菜的味儿了 |
[08:10] | Why are you taking that down? | 你为什么要把那个拿下来 |
[08:12] | It’s time to grow up. | 是时候该长大了 |
[08:13] | Leave it there. | 别拿下来 |
[08:15] | You don’t even like Cyndi Lauper. | 你都不喜欢她 |
[08:17] | No, but it’s part of my daily routine. | 是啊 可是她是我日常生活的一部分 |
[08:18] | Every morning I wake up, look over there and wonder, | 每天早上我醒来 看过去你那边就不禁好奇 |
[08:21] | “Why is she standing like this?” | “她为什么要摆这个姿势” |
[08:23] | Too bad. It’s my room. | 关我屁事 这是我的房间 |
[08:25] | It’s my room, too. | 这里也是我的房间 |
[08:26] | Yeah, and I don’t get a say in any of your stupid posters. | 对啊 那我不也没办法管你的傻逼海报吗 |
[08:29] | These are the smartest men who ever lived, | 那可是有史以来最聪明的人 |
[08:30] | so if anyone’s stupid, it’s you for saying that. | 要说谁傻逼 肯定是说这话的你 |
[08:33] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[08:34] | You’re very irritable. | 你的脾气好暴躁 |
[08:35] | This might be why you’re having boy problems. | 或许这就是为什么你有感情问题 |
[08:39] | Put that down! | 你放下 |
[08:41] | No! | 不要 |
[08:42] | Missy, I mean it! | 米希 我是认真的 |
[08:44] | I don’t care! | 关我屁事 |
[08:45] | It’s mine! Give it back! | 这是我的 还我 |
[08:47] | What did you do?! | 你看你干的好事 |
[08:49] | What the hell’s going on in here?! | 你们在给我搞什么鬼呢 |
[08:51] | Look what she did! | 你看她干嘛了 |
[08:52] | – It’s his fault! – That’s enough out of both of you! | -谁让他惹我 -我受够你们俩了 |
[08:55] | I told you not to come in here. Go! | 我跟你说了别进来 出去 |
[08:57] | Now! | 快点 |
[09:01] | You want to explain yourself? | 你想解释一下怎么回事吗 |
[09:17] | We’ll get you another picture. | 我们会再给你弄张照片 |
[09:19] | I don’t want another picture. I want this one. | 我不想要别的照片 我就想要这张 |
[09:21] | I told you not to go in there. | 我跟你说了别进去的 |
[09:23] | It’s my room! | 那是我的房间 |
[09:24] | Hey, you watch your tone! | 你注意下语气 |
[09:27] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[09:29] | Missy tore my Professor Proton picture, | 米希撕烂了我的质子教授照片 |
[09:31] | and now Dad’s yelling at me. | 现在爸爸又大声吼我 |
[09:32] | You yelled first. He yelled first. | 他先大吼的 他先大吼的 |
[09:34] | I’ll take care of this. | 我来处理 |
[09:36] | You don’t even know what happened. | 你都不知道是怎么回事 |
[09:37] | Did she tear up his picture? | 她是不是撕烂了他的照片 |
[09:40] | Well, yeah, she did. | 是没错啦 |
[09:41] | Honestly, I can’t leave this house for five minutes | 说真的 我离开家哪怕就五分钟 |
[09:43] | without everything falling apart. | 家里也会乱成一锅粥 |
[09:45] | I was handling it. | 我本来已经在解决了 |
[09:47] | Obviously. | 真是看得出来呢 |
[09:50] | You yelled first. | 是你先大吼的 |
[09:52] | Missy Cooper, you apologize to your brother right this second. | 米希·库珀 你立刻跟你哥哥道歉 |
[09:56] | No. | 不要 |
[09:57] | I am not gonna tell you again. | 我不会再说第二遍 |
[09:59] | Why do you always take his side? | 你为什么总偏心他 |
[10:02] | I do not. | 我才没有 |
[10:03] | Yes, you do. Everybody does. | 你有 所有人都偏心他 |
[10:05] | I hate this family. | 我讨厌这个家 |
[10:07] | You are grounded, young lady. | 你被禁足了 小姐 |
[10:09] | Fine! | “好”极了 |
[10:11] | It is fine! | 的确是好事 |
[10:15] | Hmm, thanks for handling that. | 谢谢你”圆满”解决问题 |
[10:20] | Hey, Moon Pie. Is everything okay? | 小饼饼 一切都好吗 |
[10:23] | No, everything is terrible. | 不好 一切都糟透了 |
[10:25] | Oh. That sounds like a job for cookies. | 听起来该请出曲奇饼了 |
[10:30] | Okay, here you go. | 好了 给 |
[10:35] | You’re not baking them fresh? | 你不现烤新鲜的给我吗 |
[10:36] | Do you want me to bake or you want me to listen? | 你想让我烤曲奇还是听你倾诉 |
[10:42] | I’m sorry she ruined your picture, but, you know, | 我很遗憾她弄坏了你的照片 |
[10:45] | she’s having a bad day. | 但她今天心情不好 |
[10:47] | Oh, please, she can find another boyfriend. | 这有什么 她可以再找一个男朋友 |
[10:49] | – I know you’re mad at her. – I hate her. | -我知道你生她的气 -我恨她 |
[10:52] | Hey, don’t say that about family. | 别用这种字眼说家人 |
[10:55] | You say mean stuff about my dad. | 你也常羞辱我爸啊 |
[10:57] | – That’s different. He deserves it. – But Missy… | -那不一样 他就是欠骂 -可是米希 |
[10:59] | Listen here. She’s your sister. | 听我说 她是你妹妹 |
[11:01] | She’s always gonna be your sister, | 永远都是你妹妹 |
[11:03] | so you have to find a way to forgive her. | 所以你必须想办法原谅她 |
[11:06] | But she did this just to hurt me. | 但她这么做只是为了伤害我 |
[11:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:09] | But she’s hurting, too. | 但她心里也受伤了 |
[11:11] | What does that have to do with me? | 那跟我有什么关系 |
[11:12] | You’re the big brother. | 你是哥哥 |
[11:13] | I’m only two minutes older. | 我只比她早出娘胎两分钟 |
[11:15] | Which makes you the big brother, | 所以你就是哥哥 |
[11:16] | which means that it is your job to look out for her. | 代表你有责任照顾她 |
[11:20] | That doesn’t make sense. | 这根本说不通啊 |
[11:21] | Why should random birth order determine moral responsibility? | 为什么该由随机的出生顺序决定道德责任 |
[11:24] | I don’t make the rules, Moon Pie. | 规矩不是我定的 小饼饼 |
[11:27] | Doesn’t seem like you make cookies either. | 曲奇你也没在做 |
[11:28] | What’s taking so long? | 你动作怎么那么慢 |
[11:31] | It would be nice if I didn’t have | 能不能别给我添乱 |
[11:33] | to come home after a long day at work | 我上了一天班回家已经很累了 |
[11:35] | and take care of everything here. | 还要处理这些破事 |
[11:37] | You didn’t. I was handling it | 你哪有处理 我本来在解决了 |
[11:39] | till you came and bulldozed right over me. | 谁知你一回来就强行接手 |
[11:41] | Sheldon was upset. | 那是因为谢尔顿不开心 |
[11:42] | This isn’t about Sheldon. | 这跟谢尔顿根本无关 |
[11:43] | It’s about you thinking you’re always right. | 是因为你觉得你总是对的 |
[11:46] | That is not true. | 才不是这样 |
[11:48] | This is me wishing that after work I could come home | 我只是希望我下班回家后 |
[11:51] | and have my kids not at each other’s throats. | 孩子们能和乐融融 而不是吵个没完 |
[11:53] | And maybe once have someone else make dinner. | 也许还能有其他人把晚餐煮好 |
[11:57] | Why? So you could tell me how I made it wrong? | 为什么 好让你教训我煮得不对吗 |
[11:59] | I had a long day. Are you trying to make it worse? | 我今天已经很累了 你想让我更糟心吗 |
[12:02] | Oh, I think you already took care of that. | 你自己已经把气氛弄得更僵了 |
[12:04] | – I do not. – You act like you’re the only thing | -我哪有 -你一副这个家全靠你 |
[12:06] | holding this house together. | 维系的样子 |
[12:20] | Missy? | 米希 |
[12:23] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:25] | Hiding from you, idiot. | 躲开你啊 白痴 |
[12:26] | I found you. You’re not very good at this. | 我发现你了 你技术不太好 |
[12:30] | Just go home. | 你快回家吧 |
[12:32] | – Where are you going? – I’m running away. | -你要去哪 -离家出走 |
[12:35] | You can’t run away. | 你不能离家出走啊 |
[12:36] | Too late. | 已经走了 |
[12:38] | Then I’m telling Mom. | 那我要告诉妈妈 |
[12:39] | Of course you are. Then she’ll side with you, | 真是不意外 然后她会偏袒你 |
[12:41] | and I’ll get in trouble, just like always. | 我会挨骂 每次都是这样 |
[12:45] | – Fine. I won’t tell. – Great. | -好吧 我不跟她说 -很好 |
[12:47] | But I’m coming with you. | 但我要和你一起走 |
[12:49] | You’re one of the people I’m running away from. | 你也是我想逃离的人之一 |
[12:51] | I’m sorry, but I can’t let you wander at night by yourself. | 抱歉 但我不能任由你一个人晚上乱跑 |
[12:54] | – I’m your big brother. – We’re twins. | -我是你哥哥 -我们是双胞胎 |
[12:56] | I was born two minutes earlier, | 我比你早出生两分钟 |
[12:57] | which apparently makes me responsible for you. | 所以我貌似有责任照顾你 |
[12:59] | That’s dumb. | 这说法傻不傻 |
[13:00] | I’m not happy about it either, but here we are. | 我也不太喜欢 但事已至此了 |
[13:14] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:16] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[13:17] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:19] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[13:23] | Whoa, did somebody really die? | 真有人死了吗 |
[13:24] | No one died. | 没人死了 |
[13:26] | Cool. Where’s dinner? | 那就好 晚饭呢 |
[13:27] | Anyone who wants dinner can make it for themselves. | 谁想吃晚饭就自己煮去 |
[13:30] | I am not cooking. | 我不煮 |
[13:31] | Don’t take it out on him. | 别拿他出气 |
[13:33] | – Ooh, take what out on me? – Stay out of it. | -什么事拿我出气 -你别掺和 |
[13:35] | You really want to start this up again? | 你又想开始了吗 |
[13:37] | Wait, are you asking me what I want? Well, that’s a first. | 等等 你问我想要什么吗 这倒是头一遭 |
[13:40] | Oh, please, your whole life is doing whatever you want. | 拜托 你这辈子哪件事不是随心所欲 |
[13:43] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[13:44] | I can just leave. | 我可以默默离场的 |
[13:45] | Did I want to get stuck coaching high school football? | 是我想沦为高中橄榄球教练的吗 |
[13:48] | Did I want to live across the street from your mother? | 是我想住在你妈对面的吗 |
[13:50] | Did I want to spend my evening getting yelled at | 是我想晚上被女儿 儿子还有老婆 |
[13:52] | by my daughter and my son and my wife? | 痛骂的吗 |
[13:54] | I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were so unhappy. | 真不好意思 我都不知道你这么不开心 |
[13:57] | Because you never bother to ask. | 因为你从没费心问过我的感受 |
[14:16] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪啊 |
[14:18] | Right there. | 就是那里 |
[14:21] | An old shack in the middle of the woods? | 树林深处的老旧小木屋 |
[14:22] | Have you even seen Scooby Doo? | 你到底有没有看过卡通《史酷比狗》 |
[14:24] | Great, go home. | 那好 你回家吧 |
[14:26] | At night, by myself? Nice try. | 大晚上的独自回家 别想陷害我 |
[14:35] | Do you come here a lot? | 你经常来这里吗 |
[14:37] | Sometimes, when I want to be alone. | 有时候 如果我想一个人待着 |
[14:40] | Alone from me. | 你是指远离我 |
[14:42] | Not just you. Everyone. | 不只是你 是所有人 |
[14:47] | Is this about that boy? | 你跑出来是因为那个男孩吗 |
[14:50] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想聊这个 |
[14:52] | Is he why you were getting rid of your toys and your posters? | 你是因为他才丢掉你的玩具和海报的吗 |
[14:55] | Because I don’t think you should change for some boy. | 你不该为了一个男孩改变自己 |
[14:57] | You’re just saying that ’cause you hate change. | 你这么说只是因为你讨厌改变 |
[14:59] | You don’t care about my feelings. | 你并不在乎我的心情 |
[15:00] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[15:02] | I’m literally risking my life to be here. | 我可是冒着生命危险陪你待在这的 |
[15:04] | Look around. It is tetanus as far as the eye can see. | 你看看四周 目及之处皆是破伤风风险 |
[15:10] | Come in. | 进来 |
[15:14] | I figured you didn’t eat. | 我想你应该没吃饭 |
[15:15] | I made you some soup. | 我给你煮了点汤 |
[15:17] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:19] | But you didn’t have to do that. | 但你不用这么做的啦 |
[15:21] | Everything’s fine. | 爸爸妈妈没事的 |
[15:22] | I ain’t a kid. You don’t gotta lie to me. | 我不是小孩子了 你不用哄我 |
[15:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:29] | Honestly, I’m upset with your father. | 说实话 我在生你爸的气 |
[15:34] | And I’m upset with myself. | 我也生自己的气 |
[15:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:38] | ‘Cause… he’s right. | 因为… 他说得没错 |
[15:42] | Maybe I do think I know best, | 我的确有点自以为是 |
[15:45] | and I can be critical. | 有时太挑剔 |
[15:49] | But thank you for making me soup. | 但谢谢你特地煮汤给我 |
[15:52] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[15:56] | Did you put water in this? | 你煮的时候有加水吗 |
[15:58] | Was I supposed to? | 要加吗 |
[16:02] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[16:16] | And then today I found out he was actually | 然后今天我发现他竟然 |
[16:17] | holding hands with Nicole at the roller rink. | 在溜冰场和妮可牵手了 |
[16:19] | Who’s Nicole? | 妮可是哪位 |
[16:21] | A seventh-grader. | 一个七年级生 |
[16:23] | So you want to appear more mature | 所以你想打扮得更成熟 |
[16:24] | to make him like you again. | 让他再次喜欢上你 |
[16:26] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[16:28] | Hmm. Well, I’d suggest a bow tie, | 我本来想提议你戴领结 |
[16:29] | but that’s kind of my thing. | 但那是我的个人喜好 |
[16:33] | I’m sorry I ripped your picture. | 我撕烂了你的照片 很抱歉 |
[16:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:37] | And I wasn’t just upset about the room changing. | 我不开心不只是因为房间变化 |
[16:39] | It was also you. | 也因为你 |
[16:41] | Me what? | 我怎么了 |
[16:42] | You’re changing, too. | 你也变了 |
[16:44] | How? | 怎么变法 |
[16:45] | You like boys, and you’re half an inch taller than me now. | 你现在喜欢男生 还比我高一厘米 |
[16:48] | It’s called growing up. | 这叫成长好吗 |
[16:50] | – Well, I don’t like it. – Trust me, | -反正我不喜欢 -相信我 |
[16:52] | 20 years from now you’re not gonna be sitting around, | 20年后你不会还是这样闲坐着 |
[16:54] | talking about Star Trek and reading comic books. | 滔滔不绝聊《星际旅行》和看漫画的 |
[16:57] | Would you like to bet on that? | 你想打赌吗 |
[17:00] | A dollar. | 赌一块钱 |
[17:07] | She still hasn’t paid me. | 她到现在都还没给我呢 |
[17:09] | And guess who’s wearing Star Trek underpants right now. | 还有 猜猜谁现在正穿着《星际旅行》小内内 |
[17:18] | That’s the thing with pool balls and people. | 台球和人本质相同 |
[17:21] | They are both… unpredictable. | 这两者都…难以预测 |
[17:25] | Hi, George. | 乔治 |
[17:27] | Oh, hey, Brenda. | 你好 布兰达 |
[17:29] | What brings you out tonight? | 你今晚怎么出来了 |
[17:32] | Just needed to get out of the house. | 家里太压抑 需要出来喘口气 |
[17:35] | I hear that. | 我懂 |
[17:38] | You want some company? | 想要人陪吗 |
[17:40] | Sure. | 好啊 |