时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Why do you always take his side? | 你为什么总偏心他 |
[00:05] | I hate this family! | 我讨厌这个家 |
[00:06] | I was handling it till you came and bulldozed right over me. | 我本来在解决了 谁知你一回来就强行接手 |
[00:09] | – Sheldon was upset. – This isn’t about Sheldon. | -那是因为谢尔顿不开心 -这跟谢尔顿根本无关 |
[00:12] | It’s about you thinking you’re always right. | 是因为你觉得你总是对的 |
[00:14] | – Where are you going? – I’m running away. | -你要去哪 -离家出走 |
[00:16] | I’m coming with you. | 我要和你一起走 |
[00:17] | You really want to start this up again? | 你又想开始了吗 |
[00:19] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[00:20] | Did I want to spend my evening | 是我想晚上被女儿 |
[00:21] | getting yelled at by my daughter and my son and my wife? | 儿子还有老婆痛骂的吗 |
[00:24] | I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were so unhappy. | 真不好意思 我都不知道你这么不开心 |
[00:27] | Because you never bothered to ask. | 因为你从没费心问过我的感受 |
[00:30] | Hi, George. | 乔治 |
[00:32] | Oh, hey, Brenda. | 你好 布兰达 |
[00:34] | You want some company? | 想要人陪吗 |
[00:36] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[00:43] | And then Missy starts tearing everybody a new one, | 然后米希因为被小男朋友甩了 |
[00:46] | ’cause her little boyfriend broke up with her. | 就开始对所有人发飙 |
[00:48] | Poor thing. | 可怜的娃 |
[00:49] | But good training for when her husband dumps her one day. | 哪天她老公甩了她 她就不会措手不及了 |
[00:54] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很为你感到遗憾 |
[00:55] | No, you know what, the truth is, it was over a while ago. | 不用啦 其实我跟他早就不行了 |
[01:00] | – It happens. – But, hey, | -世事无常嘛 -不过呢 |
[01:03] | he’s got the kids tonight and ladies drink half price, | 今晚是轮到他负责带孩子 而酒吧女士喝酒半价 |
[01:05] | so let’s pretend I’m a lady. | 就假装我还是个女士吧 |
[01:08] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[01:14] | You look like you could use a shot with that beer. | 感觉你酒里应该加一点烈的啊 |
[01:16] | Shots? I got school in the morning. | 烈酒吗 我明早还得教课呢 |
[01:18] | Oh. I didn’t realize we were both here for ladies’ night. | 原来我们是俩闺蜜来女士之夜啊 |
[01:25] | Can we get some shots over here? | 给我们上几杯烈酒 |
[01:27] | How am I supposed to compete with a seventh grader? | 我怎么跟七年级的女生比啊 |
[01:29] | Mom won’t even let me shave my legs. | 妈连让我刮腿毛都不准 |
[01:31] | Can we please go home? | 我们可以回家了吗 |
[01:33] | You can. I’m not. | 你回吧 我不回 |
[01:35] | As we’ve established, | 之前我们知道了 |
[01:36] | Woods very scary, me: very scared. | 林子很恐怖 小生很怕怕 |
[01:38] | Then I guess you’re here until the sun comes up. | 那看来你得在这里待到日出啦 |
[01:40] | So I’ll be able to see what kills me? Pass. | 透过阳光看清杀我的凶手真面目 拒绝 |
[01:44] | Can you at least go back to complaining about boys | 好歹换回抱怨男生的话题吧 |
[01:46] | so I can get some sleep? | 这样我还能睡一阵 |
[01:48] | We licked the same Ring Pop once. | 我跟他共舔过同一颗钻石戒指糖 |
[01:50] | It’s like it meant nothing. | 但感觉这一切都不代表什么 |
[01:55] | You were a cheerleader? | 你曾经是啦啦队员啊 |
[01:56] | Yeah. I mean, you wouldn’t know it to look at me now. | 对啊 你看我现在这样应该是看不出来啦 |
[01:59] | Don’t say that. | 也别这么说 |
[02:00] | I can totally see you on top of that pyramid. | 完全能想象出你站在人体金字塔的顶层 |
[02:02] | Oh, I was on the bottom, and you know it. | 你明明就看得出我是金字塔地基 |
[02:05] | But at least I could fill out a sweater. | 但好歹我身材有料 穿毛衣不会松垮垮 |
[02:07] | You and me both, sister. | 我也是塞得满满当当啊 姐妹 |
[02:14] | I love Skynyrd! | 我爱林纳·史金纳乐团 |
[02:15] | You know what? I saw them play Dallas. | 你知道我在达拉斯看过他们演出吗 |
[02:17] | You’re kidding. Wh-What year? | 真的假的 哪一年啊 |
[02:19] | I’d just got kicked out of beauty school, | 那年我刚被美容学校踢出去 |
[02:21] | so I guess… ’76? | 所以大概是… 76年吧 |
[02:24] | I was at that show! | 那场我也在啊 |
[02:26] | – Stop it. – Nah. | -少来了 -真的 |
[02:27] | Nazareth opened. | 暖场的是纳匝肋乐团 |
[02:29] | Oh, my God. They did. | 天啊 真的是他们 |
[02:31] | They did. | 真的是耶 |
[02:32] | Small world. | 缘分啊 |
[02:33] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[02:39] | You want to dance? | 要不要去跳舞 |
[02:40] | Me? No. | 我吗 不了 |
[02:41] | – Oh, come on. – No. | -来嘛 -不啦 |
[02:44] | There’s people here. | 还有别人看着呢 |
[02:46] | Then what if we go someplace else? | 那我们换个地方怎么样 |
[02:49] | What do you have in mind? | 什么地方呢 |
[02:52] | Herschel does have the kids. | 今晚孩子在赫谢尔那边… |
[02:58] | Oh, God, I’m sorry. | 天啊 太对不起了 |
[03:00] | That was… that was over the line. | 我刚才… 说了很越矩的话 |
[03:05] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:07] | George? | 乔治 |
[03:10] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[03:13] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[03:16] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[03:18] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:21] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:36] | Hello? | 您好 |
[03:37] | Mary, it’s Brenda. | 玛丽 我是布兰达 |
[03:40] | George is in the hospital. | 乔治进医院了 |
[03:42] | Wha…? Why? What’s going on? | 什… 为什么 怎么了 |
[03:45] | I’m not sure. The paramedics think it might be his heart. | 我也不确定 急救人员觉得可能是他的心脏 |
[03:48] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[03:50] | I don’t know. The doctors are with him now. | 我不知道 医生正在看他 |
[03:54] | All right, I’ll be there as soon as I can. Bye. | 好吧 我会尽快赶过去 回头见 |
[04:00] | Georgie? | 小乔治 |
[04:05] | Kids, put your clothes on! We… | 孩子们 穿好衣服 我们… |
[04:16] | And now I’m gonna need a new notebook, | 我还需要买一本新的笔记本 |
[04:18] | ’cause mine has “Missy and Marcus forever” written all over it. | 我旧的上面写满了”米希与马库斯永远在一起” |
[04:30] | Geez. Less monkey, more Clint. | 天啊 少点猴子镜头 多点克林特吧 |
[04:35] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[04:38] | Hello? | 您好 |
[04:39] | Are the kids with you? | 我孩子们在你那里吗 |
[04:40] | – No. – Why? | -没有啊 -怎么了 |
[04:42] | George is in the hospital, and the kids are missing. | 乔治进医院了 孩子们也不见了 |
[04:45] | What’s wrong with George? | 乔治出什么事了 |
[04:46] | Something with his heart. I don’t know what to do. | 好像是心脏出了问题 我不知道该怎么办了 |
[04:48] | Okay, okay, uh, well, you go to the hospital, | 没事没事 好 你先去医院 |
[04:52] | and I’ll go over to the house and see if I can find the kids. | 我去你家帮忙你找孩子 |
[04:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:57] | Uh, you think they might be with Georgie? | 你觉得两个小的会跟小乔治在一起吗 |
[04:59] | I don’t know where he is, either! | 我也不知道他上哪去了 |
[05:05] | You sure your boss isn’t gonna show up? | 你确定你的老板不会突然过来吗 |
[05:07] | Yeah, but not positive. | 确定 但不敢肯定 |
[05:09] | So let’s keep this train on the tracks. | 所以咱们还是打铁趁热吧 |
[05:16] | Aren’t you gonna check that? | 你不看一下消息吗 |
[05:18] | Nope. | 不了 |
[05:19] | But what if it’s an emergency? | 万一是什么要紧事呢 |
[05:21] | It’s not. | 肯定不是 |
[05:23] | I’m turning this off. | 我这就关机 |
[05:25] | Dadgummit! | 我了个去 |
[05:27] | Well, is he gonna be okay? | 那他会没事吧 |
[05:28] | You know as much as I do. Now help me find the kids. | 我就知道这么多 快来帮忙找两个小的 |
[05:32] | I’m on it. I have an idea where they went. | 我这就来 我大概能猜到他们去了哪 |
[05:34] | Great. And where are you, by the way? | 那就好 对了 你现在人又在哪 |
[05:38] | Uh, at work. | 在工作 |
[05:40] | This time of night? Why? | 这么晚了 为什么啊 |
[05:43] | Got to find the kids. | 我得去找两个小的了 |
[05:48] | Brenda. | 布兰达 |
[05:50] | Have you heard anything? | 医生有说什么吗 |
[05:51] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[05:52] | Oh, what happened? | 事情是怎么发生的啊 |
[05:54] | Um, I-I ran into George at the bar, | 我在酒吧巧遇乔治 |
[05:57] | and… next thing I know, he started having chest pains. | 然后… 接下来就记得他胸口突然开始痛了 |
[06:01] | Well, thank the Lord you were there with him. | 幸好当时有你陪着他 感谢主 |
[06:05] | Oh. I really didn’t do anything. | 我真的什么事都没有做 |
[06:09] | Don’t say that! | 别这么说 |
[06:11] | Who knows what would’ve happened | 谁知道如果你不在场 |
[06:12] | if you hadn’t been there? | 情况会变成什么样呢 |
[06:15] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[06:18] | Missy? | 米希 |
[06:20] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[06:24] | What the hell?! | 搞毛呢 |
[06:26] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[06:27] | You scared me. | 你还吓到我了 |
[06:28] | Everyone scared me. | 你们都吓到我了 |
[06:30] | Dad’s in the hospital. We got to go. | 爸爸进医院了 我们得过去 |
[06:32] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[06:34] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[06:38] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[06:42] | Mrs. Cooper? | 库珀太太 |
[06:44] | Your husband’s gonna be okay. | 您的丈夫将会没事 |
[06:45] | Oh! Praise the Lord. | 感谢上帝 |
[06:47] | It was mild angina pectoris. | 是轻度心绞痛 |
[06:49] | We’re gonna keep him for observation, | 我们得让他留院观察 |
[06:51] | but he’s awake and you could see him now. | 他已经醒了 你可以去看他啦 |
[06:53] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[06:54] | Yeah, um… | 好 |
[06:56] | Yeah, I’m gonna get out of here. You go see George. | 我就先走啦 你去看乔治吧 |
[06:58] | What? No! | 什么 不行 |
[06:59] | You might have saved his life. | 他的命可以算是你救的呢 |
[07:00] | He’s gonna want to thank you. | 他肯定会想谢谢你 |
[07:03] | You know, that’s nice, but I think it’s best if… | 没事啦 我觉得我最好还是… |
[07:05] | Brenda, I insist. | 布兰达 你必需得留下 |
[07:09] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好 |
[07:12] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:18] | Hi. | 你醒啦 |
[07:23] | Look who I have with me. | 看看谁跟我一起来了 |
[07:30] | Hey, George. | 你还好吗 乔治 |
[07:34] | Brenda. | 布兰达 |
[07:36] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[07:37] | – Do you need a doctor? – Oh, no. | -需要叫医生来吗 -不用 |
[07:39] | Nah, I was just… | 不用 我只是… |
[07:42] | excited to see you, hmm? | 见到你很兴奋 |
[07:59] | Good news. Your dad’s doing okay | 好消息 你们爸爸没事 |
[08:01] | and should be home in a couple of days. | 过几天就能回家了 |
[08:03] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[08:05] | Thank modern medicine. | 谢现代医学吧 |
[08:06] | Hmm, all right, | 好啦 |
[08:07] | you two try and get some sleep, okay? | 你们俩个现在安心睡会儿吧 |
[08:10] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[08:12] | Do you think I gave Dad a heart attack? | 你觉得是我害爸爸犯心脏病吗 |
[08:15] | What? | 什么 |
[08:17] | No. | 当然不是 |
[08:19] | This isn’t your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[08:20] | I was really mean to him. | 我对他态度很差 |
[08:22] | I was mean to him as well. | 我对他态度也很差 |
[08:24] | What I did was so much worse. | 我做的比你做的坏多了 |
[08:26] | That is true. When we’re receiving our punishment, | 这是真的 等我们两个被处罚的时候 |
[08:28] | they should really let you have it. | 他们真的得好好教训你 |
[08:30] | – Okay, y’all go to sleep. – But I was just an accomplice. | -好啦 你们都睡觉吧 -但我只是共犯 |
[08:33] | It wouldn’t be fair if we got equal punishment. | 如果跟主谋受到一样的惩罚就太不公平了 |
[08:34] | Sleep. | 睡觉 |
[08:40] | My meemaw didn’t understand. | 我姥姥不懂 |
[08:42] | When I was feeling anxious, | 当我焦虑时 |
[08:43] | it was rules and structure that I found soothing– | 只有规矩与组织才会令我平静 |
[08:47] | not to mention the relaxing melody | 更别提那镇定心灵的 |
[08:49] | of theStar Trek theme song. | 《星际旅行》主题曲旋律 |
[09:00] | Stop that. | 收声 |
[09:01] | As soon as I’m soothed. | 我平静下来就停 |
[09:16] | Bad enough they rolled me out in a wheelchair I didn’t need. | 他们硬要用轮椅推我出来已经够糟了 |
[09:18] | You could’ve let me drive. | 你好歹可以让我来开车吧 |
[09:20] | You got winded getting in the car. | 你上个车都气喘吁吁 |
[09:23] | You heard that, huh? | 你听到啦 |
[09:27] | Should we talk about what happened the other night? | 我们是不是该来聊聊那天晚上发生了什么 |
[09:32] | What happened the other night? | 那天晚上发生了啥来着 |
[09:34] | Us having that huge fight. | 我们大吵了一架 |
[09:36] | Oh, that, that. | 这件事啊 |
[09:38] | Forget it. | 算了啦 |
[09:41] | How can I? | 那怎么行 |
[09:43] | It was a bad night. | 就是不顺的一晚嘛 |
[09:45] | I say best thing is to put it in the rearview mirror. | 我觉得最明智的做法就是当做过眼云烟 |
[09:47] | Oh, I would love that. | 我倒想有这种好事 |
[09:49] | Done. The other night never happened. | 行了 那天晚上从未发生过 |
[09:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:58] | And up next we’ve got a twofer | 接下来要播放两首 |
[10:00] | of Lynyrd Skynyrd coming at you. | 林纳·史金纳乐团的劲歌金曲 |
[10:11] | Could use a little peace and quiet. | 我想静一静 |
[10:15] | With my father home from the hospital, | 在我爸爸从医院回来以后 |
[10:17] | my mother had instructed us to let him relax. | 我妈妈吩咐我们要让他静养 |
[10:20] | And what could be more relaxing than a spirited discussion | 有什么比得上热烈讨论 |
[10:23] | of societal rules and morality? | 社会规则与道德更令人放松呢 |
[10:25] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[10:28] | What’s up? | 怎么啦 |
[10:29] | I’m struggling with an ethical crisis. | 我碰到烦心的道德难题 |
[10:31] | Be a kid. Quit struggling. | 像个普通小孩 别烦心了 |
[10:32] | Missy and I broke a lot of rules the other night, | 我与米希那天晚上违反了很多规矩 |
[10:34] | and we’ve received no punishment. | 我们却没有受到惩罚 |
[10:37] | Buddy, it’s been a rough week. | 孩子 这周已经很乱糟糟了 |
[10:39] | We’re just glad you’re both safe. | 你们两个平安我们就放心了 |
[10:40] | But in the absence of a divine being, | 但由于神并不存在 |
[10:42] | society’s rules are what keeps a person’s morality in check. | 社会规则是让一个人遵守道德的守门人 |
[10:45] | Well, there you go. | 你说得对 |
[10:47] | No, y-you’re not following me. | 不 你没听懂我在说什么 |
[10:48] | If actions have no repercussions, | 如果不用为行为负责 |
[10:50] | society breaks down, everything devolves into chaos. | 社会会崩溃 一切会陷入混沌 |
[10:54] | You might be overthinking this. | 你有点太小题大做了 |
[10:55] | I thought so, too. Then I thought about it, and I’m not. | 我也这么想的 然后我又深思了一下 发现并不是 |
[10:59] | Sheldon, you had one bad night. | 谢尔顿 你不过有一晚不乖 |
[11:01] | Just let it go. | 别再纠结了 |
[11:02] | But… I did something wrong and I got away with it. | 可是 我做错事了 却没受到惩罚 |
[11:06] | That’s not okay. | 这样不行 |
[11:09] | – Buddy… – Socrates maintained that the man | -崽啊 -苏格拉底坚称 欺骗自己的人 |
[11:11] | who lies to himself has an enemy living within. | 体内住着一个敌人 |
[11:15] | He’s not even a person. | 那甚至不是一个人 |
[11:16] | He’s just a chaos of selfish desires | 而是一团混乱的私欲 |
[11:18] | wrapped in an animal hide. | 包在兽皮里 |
[11:22] | Hey. Pastor Jeff is here. | 杰夫牧师来了 |
[11:23] | You up for some company? | 方便让人陪你吗 |
[11:25] | You bet! Got to talk to the pastor. Git. | 当然 我要和牧师聊天 你退下吧 |
[11:28] | Hey, George, Sheldon. | 乔治 谢尔顿 你们好啊 |
[11:30] | Excuse me, I have to “Git.” | 抱歉 我得”退下” |
[11:34] | Just wanted to bring by some get-well cards | 就想拿主日学校那些孩子 |
[11:35] | from the kids at Sunday school. | 做的慰问卡片给你 |
[11:37] | Well, isn’t that sweet. | 真贴心啊 |
[11:38] | Some interesting spellings of the name “George.” | 有些人写错你名字”乔治”了 |
[11:40] | My favorites are | 我最喜欢的有 |
[11:41] | “Gorge” and “Garage.” | “乔鸡”和”缺智” |
[11:43] | Well, you tell the kids | 你转告孩子们 |
[11:45] | that Coach Gorge appreciates it. | “乔鸡”教练很感谢 |
[11:47] | – Will do. – You want to sit? | -一定 -你要坐会儿吗 |
[11:50] | I’m not gonna stay long. | 我不打算久留 |
[11:51] | I just want to pray over you a little | 我就想为你祈祷一下 |
[11:52] | and let you get some rest. | 然后就放你休息啦 |
[11:54] | Oh. Okay, yeah, sure. | 好吧 来 |
[11:57] | Lord, I thank you for George Cooper | 主啊 感谢您保佑乔治·库珀 |
[12:01] | and pray that you heal him | 愿您治愈他 |
[12:02] | from the inside out. | 从内心到发肤 |
[12:04] | This is a good man, | 他品行端正 |
[12:05] | a family man, | 忠于家庭 |
[12:07] | a devoted father and a faithfulhusband. | 是位忠夫慈父 |
[12:10] | Bless him and everything he does. | 保佑他及他所做的一切 |
[12:13] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[12:16] | Heck yes, amen! | 赞啦 阿门 |
[12:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:22] | Everything okay? | 有什么事吗 |
[12:24] | I’m having a moral quandary, and I could really use your help. | 我陷入了道德窘境 很需要你的帮助 |
[12:26] | Oh, moral quandaries. I hate those. | 道德窘境 我最讨厌了 |
[12:30] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[12:30] | You’re the least moral person I know– | 你是我认识的最缺德的人 |
[12:32] | how do you live with yourself? | 你怎么做到心安理得的 |
[12:34] | I’m about to shut this door in your face. | 我马上就要把门甩你脸上咯 |
[12:36] | See? Other people would be kind to a child in need. | 瞧 其他人就会对一个苦恼儿童伸出援手 |
[12:39] | That’s why I came to you. | 所以我才来找你 |
[12:41] | Okay, fine. What do you want? | 好吧 你想怎么样 |
[12:43] | I’m confused as to how to go about my business | 我很困惑 不知道该如何处理 |
[12:45] | after misbehaving and not being punished. | 我犯错后没遭受惩罚这事 |
[12:48] | – And where do I come in? – You tell lies, | -那我能帮你什么 -你撒谎成性 |
[12:50] | you gamble, you have quite the potty mouth, | 嗜赌如命 满嘴污言秽语 |
[12:52] | and yet you never seem to pay a price for any of it. | 然而你似乎从未为此付出过代价 |
[12:55] | Well, when you’re cute like me, | 我这样的大美人 |
[12:57] | rules are just a little different. | 肯定不受俗世规矩约束啦 |
[13:00] | Hmm. That would also explain the endless parade | 那也解释了你为什么有 |
[13:01] | of romantic partners. | 数不清的情人 |
[13:05] | Are you leaving because you have a man in there? | 你要走是不是因为屋里藏了男人 |
[13:07] | No! | 不是 |
[13:09] | Hmm. Although she would lie about it, so who knows? | 不过她会在这种事上说谎 所以谁知道呢 |
[13:14] | Yeah? | 干嘛 |
[13:17] | Can I talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[13:19] | Of course. What’s up? | 当然 怎么了 |
[13:24] | I feel really bad about the other day. | 前几天的事我感到很内疚 |
[13:26] | I was so mean to you. | 我对你好恶毒 |
[13:30] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用放在心上 |
[13:31] | But you were just trying to help and then I yelled at you | 但你只是想帮我 我却吼你 |
[13:34] | and then you had a heart attack. | 结果害你心脏病发了 |
[13:37] | That had nothing to do with you. | 那跟你完全没关系 |
[13:39] | We don’t know that. | 我们并不能确定 |
[13:41] | Hey. Hey-hey. | 别哭啊 |
[13:43] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:51] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:55] | How are you doing with all that… stuff? | 你的…那件事 还顺利吗 |
[13:59] | You mean Marcus? | 你是指马库斯吗 |
[14:00] | You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. | 你不想聊的话我们不用聊这个 |
[14:03] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[14:07] | So, what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[14:09] | You’re not gonna believe this, | 你肯定不会相信 |
[14:11] | but he was hanging out with another girl behind my back. | 他背着我和另一个女孩出去玩 |
[14:17] | Oh, well… | 还好吧 |
[14:19] | may-maybe they’re just friends. | 也许他们只是普通朋友 |
[14:20] | Heather M. saw them holding hands at the roller rink. | 海瑟·M看到他们在溜冰场牵手了 |
[14:23] | Does that sound like friends to you? | 你觉得那像是普通朋友吗 |
[14:25] | Well… no. | 确实不像啦 |
[14:28] | Are all boys liars? | 男孩子都是撒谎精吗 |
[14:29] | Uh… no. | 不是的 |
[14:31] | I mean, how could he do this to me? | 他怎么能这样对我 |
[14:33] | I thought I could trust him. | 我还以为我可以信任他 |
[14:37] | Did he think I wouldn’t find out? | 他以为我不会发现吗 |
[14:39] | You know what, kiddo? | 对了 孩子 |
[14:39] | I think it’s time for Daddy to take his heart pills. | 爸爸该吃心脏病药了 |
[14:45] | I’m glad we talked. | 我很高兴我们聊了 |
[14:46] | Oh, me, too, me, too. | 我也是 我也是 |
[14:49] | I just wanted to let you know | 我就想告诉你 |
[14:50] | I invited Brenda over for a big thank-you dinner. | 我邀请了布兰达过来吃晚餐 以示感谢 |
[14:57] | Oh. Terrific. | 好极了 |
[15:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:13] | Trying to fix this radio. | 试试看能不能修好收音机 |
[15:15] | Should you be doing that with a weak heart? | 你心脏这么弱了还能做这个吗 |
[15:17] | I’m just sitting here. | 我坐着是能怎么样 |
[15:19] | You look a little sweaty. | 你流了很多汗 |
[15:21] | What do you want? | 你想干嘛 |
[15:22] | I’m gonna go hang out with Jana. | 我要和詹娜出去玩 |
[15:24] | Just wanted to make sure you’re doing okay. | 想先确认下你身体没事 |
[15:26] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[15:27] | Are you worried I’m gonna have a heart attack | 你是担心我会心脏病发 |
[15:29] | and interrupt “private time” with your girlfriend? | 打断你和你女友的”私密时间”吗 |
[15:32] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:33] | At least you’re honest. | 至少你够诚实 |
[15:35] | Glad you think so. | 我很高兴你对我误会这么深 |
[15:36] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:37] | See you. | 再见 |
[15:39] | Psst. George. | 乔治 |
[15:48] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[15:50] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[15:51] | – Hanging in. – So… | -还撑得住 -话说 |
[15:53] | is it weird, me coming over for dinner? | 我过来吃晚饭会很怪吗 |
[15:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:58] | You know exactly what I mean. | 你很清楚我什么意思 |
[16:01] | Brenda, I had a lot to drink that night. | 布兰达 我那晚喝了很多酒 |
[16:03] | You know, I don’t remember much. | 其实我记不太清了 |
[16:06] | You don’t? | 真的吗 |
[16:07] | No, I do not. | 真的 |
[16:10] | Oh. Okay. | 那好 |
[16:13] | I guess I don’t either. | 我想我也不记得了 |
[16:15] | Great. See you at dinner. | 很好 晚饭见 |
[16:17] | Yeah, mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:23] | I still don’t understand why you’d rather work here | 我还是不明白你为什么宁愿在这里打工 |
[16:25] | than be a physicist. | 也不当物理学家 |
[16:26] | I’m enjoying the change of pace. | 我很享受改变生活节奏 |
[16:28] | And they let me take home all the expired food I want. | 而且这里的过期食物随便我拿回家 |
[16:32] | – So, what brings you here? – Well, I did something wrong, | -你来有什么事 -我犯错误了 |
[16:35] | and yet I’ve received no punishment. | 然而我没受到任何惩罚 |
[16:36] | What’s my incentive to behave morally | 如果社会规则不被强制执行 |
[16:38] | if the rules of society aren’t being enforced? | 那我还有什么动机端正自己的品行呢 |
[16:40] | Reminds me of the Ring of Gyges. | 你让我想起了《盖吉斯之戒》 |
[16:44] | I’m not familiar with the Ring of Gyges. | 我不太熟悉《盖吉斯之戒》 |
[16:46] | Oh, it’s a delightful brainteaser. | 那是道有意思的小谜题 |
[16:49] | Plato asked the question: | 柏拉图问道 |
[16:51] | If you could wear a ring that made you invisible, | 如果你能佩戴一枚能使你隐身的戒指 |
[16:55] | what would prevent you from committing | 什么才能阻止你犯下 |
[16:57] | the most horrendous crimes? | 最可怕的罪行 |
[17:00] | Sounds an awful lot like the Ring of Sauron | 听起来很像《指环王》里的 |
[17:01] | in The Lord of the Rings. | 索隆魔戒 |
[17:03] | Oh. I’m not familiar with The Lord of the Rings. | 我不太熟悉《指环王》 |
[17:06] | Oh, it’s a delightful series of fantasy books | 那是套有意思的魔幻书籍 |
[17:09] | in which there’s a ring that makes the wearer invisible | 里面有一枚戒指 能使佩戴者隐身 |
[17:11] | but also leads to moral corruption. | 但也会导致道德腐败 |
[17:13] | Ooh. Perhaps you should read Plato, | 或许你该读读柏拉图的书 |
[17:16] | and I should read The Lord of the Rings. | 我也该看看《指环王》 |
[17:19] | You should really start with The Hobbit. | 我强烈建议你从《霍比特人》开始看 |
[17:20] | What’s a hobbit? | “霍比特人”是什么东东 |
[17:22] | It’s a race of short humanoids who live in burrows | 是一种小矮人 他们住在洞穴里 |
[17:24] | and have hairy feet. | 还有很多脚毛 |
[17:25] | Oh. I’ve been called that. | 有人这么喊过我 |
[17:28] | But I never knew what it was. | 但我一直没搞明白那是什么 |
[17:30] | The ancient secrets of the mystic tarot foreshadow your future. | 神秘塔罗牌的古老秘密预示着你的未来 |
[17:34] | If you dare to discover your destiny… | 如果你敢于发现自己的命运… |
[17:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:39] | Hey, Brenda. | 布兰达啊 |
[17:40] | Your mind holds limitless powers… | 你的大脑拥有无尽力量… |
[17:43] | Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. | 太遗憾了 |
[17:47] | Well, we’ll have to pick another day, then. | 那只好改天了 |
[17:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:51] | Feel better. Bye. | 快点好起来 再见 |
[17:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[17:57] | Brenda can’t make it to dinner. | 布兰达来不了吃晚饭了 |
[17:59] | She’s not feeling well. | 她不太舒服 |
[18:01] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 真可惜 |
[18:03] | I’ll make her a plate and run it over later. | 我给她煮一盘 等会送过去 |
[18:06] | I can bring that if you want. | 我可以帮你拿过去的 |
[18:08] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[18:09] | Yeah. I was a little out of it at the hospital. | 嗯 我在医院那会有点迷糊 |
[18:11] | I really want to say thanks. | 我真的想道声谢 |
[18:13] | That’d be nice. | 那很好 |
[18:16] | I’m in time for dinner. Good. | 我赶上吃晚饭了 棒 |
[18:19] | ‘Cause I have worked up an appetite. | 因为我干了”体力活” 现在饿得很 |
[18:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:31] | Mary wanted to send over some food, | 玛丽想给你送些吃的 |
[18:33] | since you weren’t feeling well. | 因为你身体不舒服 |
[18:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:40] | Can we talk a minute? | 我们能聊两句吗 |
[18:49] | Look, I’m-I’m sorry about earlier. | 之前的事我很抱歉 |
[18:51] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没事 我能理解 |
[18:54] | I just don’t want this to be weird. | 我就是不希望气氛变得尴尬 |
[18:57] | We’re neighbors. You and my wife are friends. | 我们是邻居 你和我老婆是朋友 |
[18:59] | Your kids aren’t here, right? | 你两个孩子不在家吧 |
[19:01] | No. | 不在 |
[19:03] | S-So, we’re-we’re neighbors. | 那继续 我们是邻居 |
[19:05] | You and my wife are friends. | 你和我老婆是朋友 |
[19:06] | That’s why it’s weird, George. | 所以才怪啊 乔治 |
[19:09] | But nothing actually happened. | 可是实际上并没发生什么 |
[19:11] | There’s no reason to feel guilty. | 没必要有罪恶感 |
[19:13] | – Okay. – I mean, did we have too much to drink? Sure. | -行吧 -我们是不是喝多了 当然 |
[19:17] | Did-did we talk about going home from the bar together? | 有没有说过要一起从酒吧回家 |
[19:20] | Okay, I’m sorry about that. | 这件事我真的很抱歉 |
[19:21] | No need to apologize, ’cause we didn’t go. | 没必要道歉 因为我们没一起回家 |
[19:24] | All we did was have a nice time in a public place. Mm? | 我们只不过在公共场所度过了美好时光 对吗 |
[19:27] | Is there anything wrong with that? | 那有什么不妥吗 |
[19:29] | Kind of feels like it. | 感觉是有点不妥 |
[19:30] | It does feel like it. | 确实 |
[19:32] | Why does it feel like it? | 为什么会有这种感觉 |
[19:35] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[19:39] | …’cause it was nice to talk to someone and feel special. | 是因为跟令自己感到特别的人谈心很开心 |
[19:45] | It was. | 没错 |
[19:56] | Mm, maybe you should go. | 也许你该走了 |
[19:58] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[19:59] | – Thanks for stopping by. – Yeah. | -谢谢你特地过来 -没事 |
[20:00] | Yeah, all right. | 好了 |
[20:08] | In the face of a chaotic world, | 面对一个混乱世界 |
[20:10] | we all seek comfort in different ways. | 我们都用不同方式寻求安慰 |
[20:13] | Some turn to a higher power. | 有些人求助于更崇高的力量 |
[20:14] | Lord, please protect my family, | 主啊 求您保护我的家人 |
[20:17] | keep them in your hands. | 关照他们 |
[20:18] | All my cares, all my worries, all my fears for them… | 我对他们的关心 担忧 恐惧 全都… |
[20:22] | Some take refuge in fictitious worlds. | 有些人躲进虚构世界中寻求慰藉 |
[20:25] | My congratulations, Captain. | 祝贺你 舰长 |
[20:26] | A dazzling display of logic. | 一次逻辑的耀眼展示 |
[20:28] | You didn’t think I had it in me, did you, Spock? | 你没料到我有那胆量 对吗 史波克 |
[20:30] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[20:33] | So great. | 太迷人了 |
[20:35] | And one person I know relied on lighter fluid and a match. | 我认识的一个人依赖打火机液和火柴的力量 |
[20:40] | That’s right, burn. | 没错 烧成灰吧 |
[20:43] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[20:45] | Moving on. | 放下过去 |
[20:49] | From what? | 放下什么 |