时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你是有什么毛病啊 |
[00:05] | What is going on? | 到底怎么了嘛 |
[00:06] | – He’s dropping out of school. – What? | -他想要辍学 -什么 |
[00:08] | It’s not a big deal. | 这又不是什么大事 |
[00:09] | You are finishing high school, end of discussion. | 你绝对得读完高中 谈都没得谈 |
[00:12] | – It’s my life. – It’s my house. | -我的人生我做主 -我的房子我做主 |
[00:14] | If you’re don’t go to school, you can’t live here. | 如果你不去上学 你就不准住这里 |
[00:16] | Hold on, we are not kicking him out. | 等等 我们也不能赶他出去啊 |
[00:18] | The hell we’re not! | 不赶个大头鬼 |
[00:20] | I’ll pack right now. | 我现在就收拾东西 |
[00:21] | Stop, you don’t have to go. | 别收了 你不用搬走啊 |
[00:23] | Yes, he does. My house, my rules. | 当然得走 我的房子我说了算 |
[00:29] | I’ve always had a curious affinity for Laundromats. | 我从小就对洗衣店很有好感 |
[00:32] | Perhaps it’s the rows of mechanical devices | 可能是因为里面有一排排 |
[00:35] | dedicated to a cleaner world. | 能令世界变更干净的机器 |
[00:36] | Or maybe it’s the hypnotic rotation | 又或是在目眩神迷的旋转中 |
[00:38] | of spinning clothes on their sudsy journey | 衣服们踏上充满泡沫的旅途 |
[00:41] | to a fluffy, stain-free future. | 通往蓬松洁净的未来 |
[00:44] | Mmm, look at ’em. | 快瞧瞧 |
[00:47] | Where was I? | 我刚才说到哪了 |
[00:47] | Oh, yes. Laundromats. | 对 洗衣店 |
[00:49] | My meemaw also loved them, | 我姥姥也喜欢来这里 |
[00:51] | but for an entirely different reason. | 但理由跟我完全不一样 |
[01:00] | Banana, banana… | 香蕉 香蕉 |
[01:05] | Personally, I don’t care for bananas. | 我个人是不怎么喜欢香蕉啦 |
[01:07] | It’s a texture thing. | 是它口感的问题 |
[01:09] | – There you go. – Oh, big night. | -给 -今晚手气很顺啊 |
[01:11] | Yep. | 对啊 |
[01:13] | You can just put it on my tab. | 就存在我账上吧 |
[01:14] | Actually, I’m gonna need you to cash out. | 今晚我想请你把帐都结清了 |
[01:16] | – How come? – I’m, uh, fixin’ to close up for good. | -为什么 -因为我打算告老还乡了 |
[01:20] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么啊 |
[01:21] | Gonna spend more time with the grandkids. | 我想回家含饴弄孙 |
[01:23] | I got grandkids, too. | 我也有孙儿女啊 |
[01:25] | Why do you think I’m here so much? | 你猜是谁让我想这么常来的 |
[01:28] | So who’s gonna take over this place? | 那以后这里谁接手啊 |
[01:31] | Guess what, I’m buying a Laundromat. | 你猜怎么着 我要顶下一间洗衣店 |
[01:35] | Uh, I don’t know how to react. | 我不知道该怎么答 |
[01:37] | Is that good news? | 这是好消息吗 |
[01:38] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[01:41] | Laundromat. | 洗衣店 |
[01:43] | Cool. | 牛逼 |
[01:45] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:48] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:51] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:53] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:56] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:04] | Fun fact, | 有趣小知识 |
[02:05] | did you know the knife goes on the right | 你们知道餐桌上用右手拿刀 |
[02:06] | because it was the first utensil, | 是因为它是最早被发明的餐具 |
[02:07] | and most people are right-handed? | 而大多数人都是右撇子吗 |
[02:09] | Did you know I set the table and no one said thank you? | 那你知道是我摆好的餐桌 但没人跟我道谢吗 |
[02:12] | No one thanked me for my fun fact. | 我提供有趣知识也没人谢我啊 |
[02:13] | You don’t hear me complaining. | 你有看到我抱怨吗 |
[02:19] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[02:21] | Just thought I could have dinner with y’all. | 我就来跟大家一起吃个晚饭 |
[02:22] | Of course you can. | 当然好啊 |
[02:24] | I’m sorry, do you live here? | 不好意思 这是你家吗 |
[02:26] | Just forget it. | 算了 |
[02:27] | – No. Stay. – Mary… | -你留下 -玛丽 |
[02:29] | He can have dinner with us. | 他可以跟我们一起吃晚饭 |
[02:32] | Fine. | 行 |
[02:33] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[02:35] | I’ll get you a plate. | 我去给你拿个盘子 |
[02:39] | So, do you still live here? | 所以你还住在这里吗 |
[02:42] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[02:42] | Of course you do. | 这里当然还是你的家 |
[02:44] | You go back to school? | 你要回去上学吗 |
[02:45] | No. | 不要 |
[02:46] | It sounds like you don’t live here. | 那他就不住在这里了 |
[02:48] | He’s our son. We are not kicking him out. | 他是我们的儿子 我们不能赶他走 |
[02:50] | He wants to be an adult, he can pay for his own place. | 他想当个大人 就自己找到容身之处 |
[02:52] | That was my plan. | 我是这个打算啊 |
[02:54] | Okay, what if he pitches in here? | 要是他付钱呢 |
[02:56] | Like what, rent? | 怎么 付我们房租吗 |
[02:57] | Yes. You would do that, right? | 对啊 你愿意付房租对吧 |
[03:00] | I guess so. | 可以啊 |
[03:01] | Sounds like someone needs a rental agreement. | 听起来你们需要立一份租约 |
[03:04] | I’ll go get my legal pad. | 我这就去拿我的本本 |
[03:08] | Pay to live here? We don’t even have a pool. | 付钱住这里吗 我们连个游泳池都没有 |
[03:13] | So, there’s a secret back room at the Laundromat | 所以洗衣店后方有个秘密暗室 |
[03:17] | where you gamble? | 你常去那里赌 |
[03:18] | – Yeah. – And you never told me? | -对啊 -而你从没跟我说过 |
[03:21] | Well, this is how secrets work. | 秘密就是得保守啊 |
[03:23] | Uh-huh. What else aren’t you telling me? | 行 那你还跟我藏了什么秘密 |
[03:25] | Let me explain secrets. | 我来教你何谓秘密吧 |
[03:27] | Uh, okay, just give me a sense | 行 那好歹就说个大概 |
[03:30] | of how illegal this is. | 这赌场违法程度多高 |
[03:32] | Who says it’s illegal? | 谁说这违法了 |
[03:33] | Well, why is it a secret? | 不然为啥是秘密 |
[03:35] | Okay, it’s illegal. | 行吧 的确违法 |
[03:36] | But these places have been around for years. | 但这种赌场都开了好多好多年了 |
[03:39] | Nobody gets hurt, the cops don’t care. | 没人受害 警察也不在乎 |
[03:41] | I-I thought you liked being retired– | 我还以为你喜欢退休生活 |
[03:44] | now you want to be a business owner? | 现在又想开始当老板啦 |
[03:45] | It’s not as much as fun as I make it look. | 不是所有老板都像我一样快活 |
[03:49] | Listen, I’ve been gambling my whole life | 你听我说 我赌了一辈子 |
[03:52] | and losing to the house. | 永远都在输给庄家 |
[03:54] | This is my chance to be the house. | 现在我终于有机会当庄家了 |
[04:00] | You go to prison, I ain’t waitin’ for you. | 你要是坐牢了 我绝对不等你回来 |
[04:02] | You really have the energy to find a new girlfriend? | 你真的有找新女友的精力吗 |
[04:06] | I’ll wait. | 那我等吧 |
[04:09] | Okay, so we’ve agreed on monthly rent. | 好的 双方同意了月租金的价格 |
[04:11] | Should we talk utilities? | 要来谈一下水电杂费吗 |
[04:12] | Why do I got to pay for that stuff? | 我为什么还要付那些东西啊 |
[04:14] | ‘Cause you use them and they cost money. | 因为你要用 而它们不免费啊 |
[04:16] | There are five of us in the house, | 这个家里住了5个人 |
[04:18] | so I suggest he pays 20%. | 我建议让他承担20% |
[04:20] | Although he does take a long time drying that hair. | 就不计较他吹头发要大半天了 |
[04:22] | 20%’s fine. | 20%没问题 |
[04:23] | Hold on. It takes a whole lot more water | 等等 你洗澡要用的水 |
[04:26] | to clean you than me. | 可比我多多了 |
[04:27] | Hey, watch it. I don’t have to let you live here. | 放尊重点 我没有义务要让你住 |
[04:29] | Let me? I’m paying for everything. | 还让我咧 我是付钱租好吗 |
[04:31] | You gonna charge me for food, too? | 是不是还要收我饭钱啊 |
[04:33] | Mm, it’s not the worst idea. | 感觉收也没什么不好 |
[04:34] | You know what? Maybe I shouldn’t be in this house. | 我看算了吧 我没必要勉强住这里 |
[04:37] | You said it, not me. | 是你说的 我没说啊 |
[04:38] | He doesn’t have to pay for food. | 他不用付饭钱 |
[04:40] | Meemaw does eat here for free. | 姥姥来吃也都没付钱 |
[04:41] | That’s a separate problem. | 你姥姥就是问题人物二号 |
[04:43] | What if Georgie moves into the garage? | 让小乔治搬到车库呢 |
[04:46] | – Why? – You’d still be around, so Mom’s happy, | -为什么 -你离家近 妈妈高兴 |
[04:48] | but you’d be out of the house, so Dad’s happy. | 但又不住家里 老爸高兴 |
[04:51] | That could work. What do you say? | 也可以 你说呢 |
[04:55] | – Done. – Done. | -可以 -成交 |
[04:56] | Hold on. All my trains | 稍等 我所有的火车模型 |
[04:58] | and science equipment are in the garage. | 还有科学器材都在车库里 |
[04:59] | Where would they go? | 那它们要摆哪去 |
[05:00] | Easy. I take Georgie’s room. | 简单 我搬到小乔治的房间 |
[05:02] | All your crap goes in your room. | 你的那些玩意摆去你房间 |
[05:03] | That’s a big change. I need to think about this. | 这是个大改变 我需要时间考虑 |
[05:06] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[05:07] | Honey, it does make sense. | 宝贝 这安排很合理啊 |
[05:09] | You two are getting older. | 毕竟你们俩个也渐渐长大了 |
[05:11] | I don’t even have hair on my legs yet. What’s the rush? | 我连腿毛都还没长 急什么 |
[05:13] | Let’s just put this down for a few days. | 这事再缓个几天考虑吧 |
[05:15] | Why? ‘Cause you don’t want to hear him complain? | 为什么 因为你怕他跟你叨叨吗 |
[05:17] | Bingo. | 答对了 |
[05:25] | Hey, Dale. | 戴尔 |
[05:26] | Hey, Jake. | 杰克 |
[05:27] | Good to see you. Hey, thanks for coming out. | 你来了真好 谢谢你跑一趟啊 |
[05:29] | My pleasure. Could I get a beer? | 太客气了 给我来一杯啤酒 |
[05:32] | You arrest anybody fun lately? | 你最近有抓到什么有趣的罪犯吗 |
[05:35] | A party clown. | 一个派对小丑 |
[05:36] | But what he was doing was not fun. | 但他犯的事可不有趣 |
[05:39] | Do I want to know? | 我会想知道吗 |
[05:40] | Not if you want to sleep tonight. | 如果你今晚还想睡觉的话 最好别知道 |
[05:43] | What’s up with you? | 你最近怎么样 |
[05:44] | Still dating that Connie? | 还在跟那个康妮交往吗 |
[05:45] | Yeah. Oh, yeah. | 对 没错 |
[05:47] | Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 其实 我想跟你聊的就是她的事 |
[05:49] | Oh-oh. I can check into things, | 有情况啊 我可以查查她 |
[05:51] | but if you think she’s lying, | 但如果你觉得她在撒谎 |
[05:53] | she probably is. | 那她八成就是在撒谎 |
[05:55] | No, no, that’s not it. | 不不 不是这个 |
[05:56] | Oh. Well, still good life advice. | 那这个建议也很有用 |
[05:59] | Well, what do you know about these backroom slot machine places? | 你对那些后面藏着老虎机的店了解多少 |
[06:04] | Why? You thinking of putting one in your store? | 怎么 你想在你店里放一台吗 |
[06:07] | No. Uh-uh. | 不不不 |
[06:08] | No, actually, I’m asking for Connie, | 不是 其实我是帮康妮问的 |
[06:10] | ’cause she’s kind of interested. | 因为她对这个有点兴趣 |
[06:13] | Hmm. Those places are harmless. | 那些地方无伤大雅 |
[06:14] | We look the other way. | 我们睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[06:15] | Well, that’s good to know. | 这么说我就放心了 |
[06:17] | So what other laws are okay to break? | 还有什么法律是可以违反的吗 |
[06:20] | Not hiding drugs in your keister. | 肯定不是”把毒品藏在菊花里”这一条 |
[06:23] | What was that clown thinking? | 那个小丑怎么想的啊 |
[06:25] | When they found it, did confetti shoot out? | 他们搜到的时候 有五彩纸屑喷出来吗 |
[06:31] | Sheldon, come on, I need my own space. | 谢尔顿 拜托 我需要私人空间 |
[06:33] | But we’ve always shared a room. | 但我们一直共用房间 |
[06:35] | I’m a young lady now. | 我现在是少女了 |
[06:36] | You seem the same to me. | 我觉得你没变啊 |
[06:37] | I have a training bra. | 我在穿少女[训练]内衣了 |
[06:39] | When you complete your training, get back to me. | 等你完成训练 再跟我说吧 |
[06:42] | You know you want privacy, too. | 你自己也想要私人空间吧 |
[06:45] | I suppose it would be nice | 要是我所有的火车模型 |
[06:46] | to have all my trains and science equipment in here. | 和科学仪器都在这的话 应该也不错 |
[06:49] | Great. It’s settled. | 很好 就这么定了 |
[06:52] | It would be like my Fortress of Solitude. | 这里就会成为我的孤独堡垒 |
[06:53] | Good for you. | 多好啊 |
[06:55] | – Or my Bat Cave. – Shh! | -或是我的蝙蝠洞 -嘘 |
[06:57] | Although I don’t care for caves. | 但我不喜欢洞穴 |
[06:59] | Or bats. | 也不喜欢蝙蝠 |
[07:00] | I suppose Fortress of Solitude… | 我觉得还是孤独堡垒… |
[07:02] | – I’m gonna choke you with my bra. – Good night. | -我要用我的少女内衣勒死你 -晚安 |
[07:17] | Want some help? | 要帮忙吗 |
[07:19] | You gonna charge me money? | 你打算收我钱吗 |
[07:20] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[07:37] | Any chance this could wait till halftime? | 你能不能等中场休息的时候再搬 |
[07:39] | I’ll be done in a second. | 我马上就搬完了 |
[07:51] | Touchdown! | 触地得分 |
[07:55] | – What are you doing? -Moving my stuff. | -你在干嘛 -搬我的东西 |
[07:57] | But we haven’t discussed who gets what yet. | 但我们还没讨论东西该归谁呢 |
[07:59] | I get my stuff. You get your stuff. Done. | 我拿我的东西 你拿你的 完事了 |
[08:02] | There’s community property. | 还有共同财产呢 |
[08:03] | We’ve lived together for over ten years. | 我们一起住了十多年 |
[08:05] | In some states, we’d be considered married. | 在某些州 我们都算结婚了 |
[08:07] | Gross. | 好恶心 |
[08:08] | I don’t make the rules. I just know them all. | 法律不是我定的 我只是知道全都 |
[08:11] | What do I have to do to get this over with? | 我要怎么做你才能别逼逼 |
[08:12] | We just need to agree upon who gets which items. | 我们只需要商量好东西怎么分 |
[08:15] | Fine. As my farewell gift to you, let’s do your dumb thing. | 好吧 我陪你分 就当是送你的离别礼物 |
[08:19] | See, when you’re mean and nice at the same time, | 你看 当你既刻薄又亲切的时候 |
[08:21] | it’s confusing. | 我就很困惑 |
[08:22] | Too bad, doofus. | 怪我咯 蠢货 |
[08:23] | Better, thank you. | 好多了 谢谢 |
[08:27] | Okay, thanks. I’ll see you in a bit. | 好的 谢谢 一会见 |
[08:30] | Chet’s gonna swing by and finalize the deal. | 切特会过来走完交易最后步骤 |
[08:32] | Wait, he’s coming over here? | 等等 他要来这吗 |
[08:34] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[08:35] | Well, this is a very shady transaction. | 这是场完全见不得光的交易 |
[08:38] | I mean, it should be taking place under a bridge | 应该在一个桥底下 |
[08:41] | or in a parking lot somewhere. | 或者哪里的停车场交易 |
[08:43] | I’m handing him a cashier’s check. | 我就把现金支票给他 |
[08:45] | He’s giving me the keys. | 他把钥匙给我 |
[08:47] | He’s gonna know where you live. | 他会知道你住哪的 |
[08:48] | I’m in the phone book. I’m not hard to find. | 我在黄页上 想找到我也不难 |
[08:51] | Well, what if he grabs the check | 要是他拿了支票 |
[08:52] | and just skedaddles out of here? | 逃跑了怎么办 |
[08:55] | He’s our age. | 他和我们年龄相仿 |
[08:56] | He isn’t skedaddling anywhere. | 跑不动的 |
[08:58] | Ah, whatever you say. | 随你便吧 |
[09:00] | Are you disappointed this isn’t more like some old cop show? | 这场面不像老警匪剧里演的那样你是不是很失望 |
[09:03] | I loved Rockford Files. | 我以前很爱《洛克福德档案》 |
[09:05] | Well, I tell you what, when he gets here, | 我跟你说 等他来了 |
[09:08] | you’re my muscle. | 你就是我的打手 |
[09:09] | If anything goes sideways, you jump in. | 要是出了什么岔子 你就出手 |
[09:12] | See, now you’re talking. | 你看 这才像话嘛 |
[09:15] | I’ll stand behind you and I’ll crack my knuckles. | 我会站在你身后然后掰手指 |
[09:17] | With your arthritis? | 掰你那有关节炎的手指吗 |
[09:19] | It’s only bad when it rains. | 只在雨天才恶化 |
[09:22] | Next, one Timex brand alarm clock. | 下一项 一个天美时牌的闹钟 |
[09:26] | It’s yours. | 归你 |
[09:27] | Are you sure? It has a stylish faux-wood finish. | 你确定吗 它的外壳可是流行的仿木材质 |
[09:30] | – Fine, I’ll take it. – Aw. | -好吧 我要了 -别啊 |
[09:32] | – So you want it? – Yes. | -所以你想要吗 -是的 |
[09:34] | – It’s yours. – Thank you. | -那归你了 -谢谢 |
[09:38] | Next, one useful yet educational map of the world trash can. | 下一项 一个实用且有教育意义的世界地图垃圾桶 |
[09:42] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你打的什么主意 |
[09:44] | Yes, I’m being thorough about these things | 是啊 我在细致严谨地处理这些东西 |
[09:45] | so we don’t fight about them down the line. | 这样我们以后就不会因此吵架了 |
[09:47] | What you’re doing is dragging this out | 你现在就是在拖时间 |
[09:48] | because you don’t want me to leave. | 因为你不想我搬走 |
[09:50] | – No, I’m not. – Yes, you are. | -不 我没有 -你就是 |
[09:52] | Do you know the phrase “pish posh”? | 你知道”无稽之谈”这个词吗 |
[09:54] | No, and I don’t want to. | 不知道 我也不想知道 |
[09:56] | It’s British, and it’s used | 这个词源于英国 |
[09:57] | when someone’s opinions are absurd. | 当某人的观点很荒谬时就用这个词 |
[09:59] | And you’re forcing me to use it. | 你现在是在逼我用这个词 |
[10:01] | Pish posh! | 无稽之谈 |
[10:04] | Or, more authentically, | 更地道一点的话 |
[10:05] | pish posh! | 应该说无稽之谈[英音] |
[10:06] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[10:07] | I know what’s mine, and I’m taking it. | 我知道什么该归我 我要拿走了 |
[10:10] | One day she said the same thing | 某天她对她的第一任丈夫 |
[10:11] | to her first husband. | 说了同样的话 |
[10:13] | I like to think I prepared her for that moment. | 我认为她在那个时候有所准备是我的功劳 |
[10:17] | So I’m thinking dark red, like a speakeasy. | 我在想用暗红色 像地下酒吧一样 |
[10:20] | And maybe a little bar in the corner. | 可以在那个角落搞个小吧台 |
[10:22] | Well, you’re gonna need a liquor license. | 那你需要一个卖酒执照 |
[10:24] | Oh, right. ‘Cause I don’t want to break the law | 对对对 我可不想在我这个 |
[10:26] | in my illegal gambling room. | 非法赌场里违法啊 |
[10:29] | Over here is my bedroom area, for sleeping and whatnot. | 这里是我的卧室区 用来睡觉之类的 |
[10:33] | That’s my gym. | 那是我的健身房 |
[10:34] | And last but not least, kitchen and bathroom. | 最后是厨房和厕所 |
[10:37] | Georgie, do not use that sink as a bathroom. | 小乔治 不要把水池当厕所 |
[10:40] | Relax. Just number one. | 别紧张 只用来小便 |
[10:45] | There you go. | 好了 |
[10:46] | Okay, these posters go on that wall. | 那些海报贴在那面墙上 |
[10:48] | That poster goes over the bed. | 那张贴在床头墙上 |
[10:50] | I’m not your moving man. | 我又不是你的搬家小弟 |
[10:52] | You’re right, I’m growing up. | 你说得对 我长大了 |
[10:54] | Guess I can’t be Daddy’s little girl forever. | 不可能永远做爸爸的小公主 |
[10:58] | Which one goes over the bed? | 哪张贴床头墙上 |
[11:00] | Um, New Kids. | 新街边男孩那张 |
[11:01] | First thing I’m gonna do is get better chairs. | 首先就是要置办更高级的椅子 |
[11:04] | If people are comfy, they’ll stay longer and spend more. | 如果待得舒服 大家就会待更久花更多钱 |
[11:07] | Well, what if it’s someone’s lucky chair? | 如果这椅子是某人的幸运座椅呢 |
[11:09] | They’re gambling in the back of a Laundromat. | 他们在洗衣店后面赌博 |
[11:12] | Does that sound lucky to you? | 你觉得他们幸运吗 |
[11:15] | I’m thinking I’ll put the flag over that window | 我在想把那面旗子挂在那扇窗户上 |
[11:17] | for, you know, privacy. | 保护隐私 |
[11:18] | If you want, I could sew some curtains, | 你想的话 我可以缝几片窗帘 |
[11:20] | make it look homey. | 让这更有家的样子 |
[11:22] | Nice. Girls will eat that up. | 很好 女孩们会喜欢的 |
[11:24] | Flag is fine. | 用旗子就挺好 |
[11:39] | – Well, you been busy. – Yes. | -给你忙坏了吧 -是啊 |
[11:43] | – You get this in here all by yourself? – Yes. | -这里的东西都是你自己弄的吗 -是的 |
[11:45] | – How? – Science. | -怎么弄的 -用科学 |
[11:48] | Well, it looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[11:49] | I know. Now trains will be the last thing I see | 我知道啊 现在我睡觉闭眼前 |
[11:51] | before I go to sleep, | 最后看到的 |
[11:52] | and the first thing I see when I wake up. | 和我醒来睁眼第一个看到的都会是火车 |
[11:55] | Great. | 好棒哦 |
[11:56] | If I stir in the middle of the night, | 如果我半夜睡得不安稳 |
[11:57] | you know what I’ll see? | 你知道我会看见什么吗 |
[11:58] | – Trains? – Trains. | -火车吗 -火车 |
[12:03] | Well… as long as you’re happy. | 你高兴就好 |
[12:07] | Oh, I’m happy. | 我很明显是欣喜若狂 |
[12:16] | – You might want to check in on Sheldon. – Is he okay? | -你最好去看看谢尔顿 -他还好吗 |
[12:20] | Well, he was smiling. | 他刚才微笑了 |
[12:22] | Smiling how? | 怎么个笑法 |
[12:25] | Oh, boy. | 大事不妙 |
[12:33] | Hey. Dinner’s ready. | 晚饭准备好了 |
[12:35] | I’ll eat later. I have to finish this. | 我晚点再吃 得先弄完这个 |
[12:39] | I made spaghetti with hot dogs cut up in it. | 我煮了热狗丁意粉哦 |
[12:43] | I even made sure that every piece is | 我还特别注意把每一片热狗 |
[12:45] | the exact same size. | 都切成一样大小 |
[12:47] | Some things are more important than the width | 有些事情比热狗片的厚度 |
[12:49] | of a hot dog slice. | 重要多了 |
[12:51] | And I wish I’d known that sooner. | 我要是早点知道就好了 |
[12:53] | So, you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:56] | Why wouldn’t I be okay? | 我为什么会不好 |
[12:57] | Well, there’s a lot of change going on. | 最近发生了很多变化 |
[13:00] | I know that’s not your favorite. | 我知道你不喜欢改变 |
[13:02] | Where is that railroad crossing? | 铁路道口标志到底在哪 |
[13:04] | Would you like to eat in here? | 你想在房间里吃吗 |
[13:05] | I’ll make you a plate. | 我给你盛一盘 |
[13:07] | I have to find that sign. | 我必须得找到那标志 |
[13:08] | It should be in this box. Where is it? | 应该在这箱子里 到底在哪 |
[13:15] | I can’t find my railroad crossing sign. | 我找不到铁路道口标志了 |
[13:17] | Hey, how about knocking? | 能不能先敲门 |
[13:19] | Sorry, I’ve never had to knock on that door before. | 抱歉 我以前从来不用敲这扇门 |
[13:21] | Well, now you do. | 现在你得敲了 |
[13:23] | I need the crossing sign for my train set. | 我的火车铁路模型需要那道口标志 |
[13:24] | Have you seen it? | 你有看到过吗 |
[13:26] | No, and I’ve got company coming soon. | 没有 我马上有朋友要来 |
[13:28] | Perfect. An extra set of eyes will be helpful. | 太好了 多双眼睛帮忙找会很有用 |
[13:30] | It’s a girl, and you need to get out of here. | 是个妹子 你这电灯泡得赶紧闪人 |
[13:32] | I’m not leaving until I find it. | 找不到我不走 |
[13:34] | Is this really about some dumb sign, | 你真是为了那块蠢牌子 |
[13:36] | or is about you being scared to have a room to yourself? | 还是只是害怕有属于自己的房间 |
[13:39] | That sign has been there for as long as | 自我拥有那套铁路模型以来 |
[13:40] | I’ve had that railroad set. | 那块标志就一直立在那里 |
[13:42] | It may seem insignificant to you, but I need it. | 可能对你来说无关紧要 但我需要它 |
[13:45] | Everyone only cares about themselves. | 每个人都只在乎自己 |
[13:47] | You’re happy because you got the garage, | 你开心因为你独占了车库 |
[13:48] | Missy’s happy because she has her own room, | 米希开心因为她有自己的房间了 |
[13:50] | but no one cares about my problems. | 但没人在乎我的烦恼 |
[13:53] | I’ll help you look. | 我会帮你找 |
[13:54] | Just forget it. | 算了吧 |
[13:58] | As I struggled, my meemaw began to realize | 在我痛苦纠结之际 姥姥开始认识到 |
[14:01] | the problem with running a gambling den | 在洗衣店后面 |
[14:03] | in the back of a Laundromat was | 经营一个赌窝的问题是 |
[14:05] | it’s still connected to a Laundromat. | 赌窝仍然和洗衣店相连 |
[14:07] | I put five pairs of undies in here, | 我放了五条内裤进去 |
[14:09] | and now there are four. | 现在只剩四条 |
[14:11] | Your machine ate my undies. | 你家机器吃掉了我的内裤 |
[14:12] | There’s a lost and found box right over there in the corner. | 那边角落处就有个失物招领箱 |
[14:15] | Just take all you want. | 要什么就拿什么 |
[14:16] | I don’t want a stranger’s undies. | 我才不想要陌生人的内裤 |
[14:18] | Then let’s find your precious undies. | 那我们就把你的宝贝底裤找出来吧 |
[14:21] | Look how many rhinestones fell off in the dryer. | 你看看有多少水钻掉在干衣机里了 |
[14:26] | It says right here “Do not tumble dry.” | 上面就写着”切勿烘干” |
[14:28] | No label’s gonna tell me what to do. | 老娘才不屑听水洗标使唤 |
[14:30] | I am not in the mood for Texas right now. | 我现在没心情听你的德州泼妇发言 |
[14:33] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎么样 |
[14:35] | Well, what size is yours? | 你衣服几码的 |
[14:38] | No! | 想都别想 |
[14:53] | Finally the fun begins. | 乐趣终于开始了 |
[14:59] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:01] | Are you Connie Tucker? | 你是康妮·塔克吗 |
[15:05] | Well, this sucks. | 好委屈好难过 |
[15:18] | Next stop, Medford. | 下一站 梅德福 |
[15:19] | That won’t be necessary. Keep going. | 没必要停车 继续开 |
[15:22] | But, sir, your family’s waiting to board. | 可是先生 你的家人等着上车 |
[15:24] | I’m aware. Drive on. | 我知道 继续开 |
[15:26] | But, sir… | 但先生… |
[15:27] | I don’t need them. I’m fine on my own. | 我不需要他们 我一个人也好好的 |
[15:29] | Do not stop this train. | 不准停车 |
[15:39] | – Turn it off. – No. | -关掉 -不要 |
[15:41] | I’ve been listening to it for an hour; turn it off. | 我已经被这噪音吵了一小时 关掉 |
[15:43] | It’s my room, I can do what I want. | 这是我房间 我想干什么都行 |
[15:45] | Oh, really? Let’s see how you like it. | 真的吗 那我回敬你 |
[15:58] | What the hell’s going on?! | 到底在搞什么 |
[15:59] | Missy’s trying to annoy me. | 米希想惹恼我 |
[16:01] | ‘Cause he won’t turn his stupid train off. | 因为他不肯关掉他的破火车 |
[16:03] | You two are unbelievable. Everything off. | 你俩太离谱了 通通关掉 |
[16:06] | – But he started it. – Now! | -可是 是他先动的手 -立刻关掉 |
[16:12] | I thought y’all looked the other way. | 你们不是都睁一只眼闭一只眼吗 |
[16:15] | We do, but I’m running for sheriff, | 本来是的 但我要竞选警长 |
[16:17] | and this will make my campaign pop. | 这能给我的警绩大加分 |
[16:20] | But you and Dale are buddies. | 但你和戴尔是好哥们啊 |
[16:22] | That’s why I’m not arresting you. | 所以我会网开一面 不逮捕你 |
[16:25] | Hey, get one with me in it. | 把我也拍进去 |
[16:33] | So you gonna sell the place? | 你打算卖掉那地方吗 |
[16:34] | No. | 不 |
[16:36] | Instead of crime boss, | 你从罪犯头目 |
[16:38] | you’re gonna be a laundry boss. | 变成洗衣店老板娘了 |
[16:40] | Well, I guess that’s just as cool. | 我觉得一样霸气 |
[16:42] | I’m gonna open my game room. | 我要自己开娱乐室 |
[16:45] | How? | 怎么做到 |
[16:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:47] | Move to a new location? | 搬到新位置吗 |
[16:49] | I don’t know! | 都说了我不知道 |
[16:51] | What about the Laundromat? | 那洗衣店怎么办 |
[16:52] | Keep asking questions, see what happens. | 你有种就继续问 看有什么后果 |
[16:55] | – Last one. – What? | -最后一个问题 -什么 |
[16:58] | How’d you get so pretty? | 你怎会如此美丽动人 |
[17:02] | I hate you. | 我讨厌你 |
[17:05] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[17:11] | There were plenty of reasons | 我妹妹搬出去 |
[17:13] | to be happy my sister moved out. | 我有很多理由感到开心 |
[17:15] | She snored, she teased me. | 她经常打呼 揶揄我 |
[17:19] | She left her dirty clothes everywhere. | 还把脏衣服扔得满地都是 |
[17:25] | Clearly, I was better off without her. | 毫无疑问 没有她我会更好 |
[17:36] | Can I sleep on your floor? | 我能睡在你地板上吗 |
[17:38] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:48] | I eventually made my peace | 我后来还是想通了 |
[17:50] | with having a room to myself. | 独占一个房间这件事 |
[17:52] | And I was never truly alone, thanks to my science posse: | 而且我并不是真的孤零零 多亏有我的科学帮 |
[17:55] | Stephen, Albert, Richard and Arthur. | 斯蒂芬 阿尔伯特 理查德和亚瑟 |
[17:59] | But for those times when I did need to communicate with Missy, | 但当我需要和米希交流时 |
[18:03] | we had a system. | 我们自有一套系统 |
[18:10] | What? | 干嘛 |
[18:11] | – Just testing the system. – You tested it yesterday. | -就是测试一下系统 -你昨天就测试过了 |
[18:14] | Just because it worked yesterday doesn’t mean it’s working today. | 昨天正常运转不代表今天也正常运转 |
[18:18] | It’s working. Good night. | 运转得好好的 晚安 |
[18:20] | Good night. Sleep tight. | 晚安 睡得安稳 |
[18:29] | What? | 干嘛 |
[18:29] | Did you know when people say “sleep tight,” | 你知道吗 人们说”睡得安稳” |
[18:31] | they’re referring to when beds were made of ropes, | 其实是指以前床是用绳子编织而成的 |
[18:33] | and the tighter the rope, the more comfortable | 绳子编得越紧密 |
[18:35] | the bed was to sleep on? | 床就越稳 |
[18:36] | Cool. Bye. | 已阅 再见 |
[18:39] | My sister wasn’t always a fan | 我妹妹对增长见闻的 |
[18:41] | of my informative tidbits, so I didn’t tell her | 有趣小知识不太感兴趣 所以我没告诉她 |
[18:44] | that the entire phrase, “Good night, sleep tight, | 整个句子”睡得安稳 睡得香甜 |
[18:47] | don’t let the bedbugs bite” is actually | 别被臭虫咬啦” |
[18:49] | from the 1896 book What They Say in New England: | 其实出自1896年出版的书 《新英格兰论述: |
[18:52] | A Book of Signs, Sayings, and Superstitions. | 符号 谚语与迷信之书》 |
[18:55] | Until I told her. | 直到我好心告诉她 |