时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – I’m Georgie. – Mandy. | -我叫乔治 -曼蒂 |
[00:04] | How about while this runs, I take you to dinner? | 趁这里在烘 我请你去吃晚饭吧 |
[00:07] | How old are you? | 你几岁啊 |
[00:08] | Do not say 17. | 千万别说17岁 |
[00:10] | Twenty-one. | 我21岁 |
[00:11] | Well, funny seeing you here. | 在这见到你真巧啊 |
[00:13] | I’m just taking a little dinner break. | 我只是吃个晚饭休息一下 |
[00:16] | Here we go. Two margaritas. | 二位的玛格丽塔酒来了 |
[00:18] | I love their margaritas. | 我超爱这里的玛格丽塔酒 |
[00:21] | Well, this was fun. | 今晚很愉快 |
[00:23] | It was for me. | 我是看戏看得很乐 |
[00:24] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[00:34] | I don’t want to get ahead of myself, | 我不想太过猴急 |
[00:36] | but the strength of the temperature deviations | 但测出来的温度偏差强度 |
[00:38] | is looking rather spicy. | 感觉很有戏耶 |
[00:40] | – How spicy? – Five microkelvin. | -多有戏 -足足有5微开 |
[00:42] | Muy caliente. | 好烫好烫 |
[00:44] | When should we publish? | 我们什么时候发表呢 |
[00:45] | Not yet. There’s only a three-sigma significance. | 还没呢 这才三个标准差 |
[00:48] | It needs to be higher. | 必须要更高 |
[00:49] | That’d require a much more robust signal. | 那需要更强的信号 |
[00:52] | And you know what that means. | 你知道这代表什么吧 |
[00:53] | Road trip to the super telescope? | 出发去超级望远镜台吗 |
[00:56] | Road trip to the super telescope, baby. | 出发去超级望远镜台啊 宝贝 |
[00:58] | When are we leaving? | 我们什么时候出发 |
[01:01] | Oh, right. You. | 对哦 还有你 |
[01:03] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:06] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:09] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:12] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:14] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:21] | So far, the data is extremely promising. | 目前得到的数据十分乐观 |
[01:25] | Five microkelvin! | 5微开呢 |
[01:28] | Well, you seem excited, | 你们感觉很兴奋啊 |
[01:29] | so… cool. | 所以… 恭喜啊 |
[01:32] | We just need budget approval to travel | 我们只需要您批准我们去 |
[01:34] | to the radio telescope in the Davis Mountains. | 戴维斯山脉的电波望远镜台的各种经费 |
[01:36] | Fine by me. | 我没意见 |
[01:37] | – Yes! – On to more pressing matters. | -太好啦 -还有件更要命的事 |
[01:40] | – Does Sheldon Cooper have to come? – Shouldn’t he? | -一定得带谢尔顿·库珀吗 -怎么能不带呢 |
[01:43] | He is part of the team. | 他也是团队里的一员啊 |
[01:44] | But isn’t there some rule against minors traveling? | 不是有什么规定是禁止幼童出游的吗 |
[01:47] | – No. – Can there be? | -没有 -那能立规定吗 |
[01:49] | No, it’s better for the project if he’s out there | 不行 而且对这个项目来说 |
[01:51] | in the field with you. | 他跟你们一起出去也比较好 |
[01:53] | But isn’t it better for his education | 但若为他的教育着想 |
[01:54] | if he stays here in class? | 他留下上课不是更好吗 |
[01:56] | Oh, I think that a trip like this could be very educational | 我觉得这样的出差机会对他来说 |
[01:58] | in its own way. | 也很有独特教育意义 |
[02:00] | You just don’t want him around here bugging you. | 你根本只是不想他留在学校烦你 |
[02:02] | Winner winner he’s-going-with-you dinner. | 大吉大利 你们吃瘪 |
[02:12] | Hey, there. | 你好啊 |
[02:14] | You’re Georgie’s friend, right? | 你是小乔治的朋友 对吧 |
[02:16] | Yeah. Mandy. Hi. | 对 我叫曼蒂 您好啊 |
[02:18] | – You grow up around here? – I did, | -你是本地长大的吗 -是啊 |
[02:20] | Yeah. And then I, uh, moved to San Antonio | 对啊 我大学毕业后 |
[02:22] | for a while after college. | 搬去了圣安东尼奥一段时间 |
[02:24] | – After college. – Yeah. | -大学毕业后吗 -对啊 |
[02:26] | A&M. Then I got an internship at Good Morning San Antonio. | 德克萨斯农工大学毕业 之后去新闻台实习 |
[02:29] | – Uh-oh. – Then I worked my way up | -糟糕 -后来慢慢站稳脚步 |
[02:31] | – to doing the morning weather report. – Hey, y’all. | -最后当了晨间新闻的气象播报员 -你们好啊 |
[02:33] | Well, speak of the devil. | 说到谁谁就到 |
[02:37] | What’s going on, ladies? | 在干嘛呢 女士们 |
[02:38] | Just getting to know Mandy here. | 就是认识认识曼蒂 |
[02:40] | Yeah, I was telling her about San Antonio. | 对啊 我刚在跟她说圣安东尼奥 |
[02:43] | Oh, she’s from Texas. She knows all about that stuff. | 她是德州本地人 她知道那里是哪里 |
[02:45] | Anyways, I’ll let you get back to work. | 好啦 我就不打扰你继续工作了 |
[02:47] | I’ll leave you two kids be. | 你们俩孩子去玩吧 |
[02:49] | And listen to me, calling you young adults “kids.” | 我个老糊涂 把两位青年叫成孩子 |
[02:54] | Like you were still teenagers or something. | 好像你们俩还是青少年之类的 |
[02:57] | I wish. | 我倒希望还是呢 |
[03:02] | Mom, can I have your AAA card? | 妈 我能借你美国汽车协会的卡吗 |
[03:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:06] | I need to order a TripTik for my road trip to Fort Davis. | 我想用旅程计划工具安排去戴维斯堡的行程 |
[03:09] | Who said you could go to Fort Davis? | 谁说你可以去戴维斯堡了 |
[03:10] | President Hagemeyer. | 哈格迈尔校长 |
[03:12] | Well, I didn’t say you could go. | 但我没同意你可以去啊 |
[03:14] | It’s fine. I’ll be with Dr. Sturgis and Dr. Linkletter. | 放心吧 是跟斯特吉斯与林克莱特博士一起 |
[03:17] | For how long? | 去多久 |
[03:18] | Three days. | 三天 |
[03:19] | And they’re okay with this? | 他们没意见吗 |
[03:21] | Why wouldn’t they be? | 他们为什么会有意见 |
[03:23] | No reason. | 没为什么 |
[03:25] | Just the same, I’m gonna check in with them. | 我还是得去跟人家确认一下 |
[03:27] | In the meantime, can I call AAA? | 等你的这段时间 我能借你的卡吗 |
[03:29] | – Can it please wait? – No. | -就不能等吗 -不能 |
[03:34] | Card is in my purse. | 卡在我包里 |
[03:36] | You’re what guys call “a keeper.” | 不愧是男人称为”必娶”之人 |
[03:46] | Mandy seems nice. | 曼蒂感觉很不错啊 |
[03:48] | She’s all right. | 她还可以啦 |
[03:49] | Things getting serious? | 交往要开始认真了吗 |
[03:51] | I don’t know. Why? | 不知道 问这个干嘛 |
[03:53] | Just wondering when you were gonna tell her your real age. | 我就想知道你什么时候坦白你的真实年纪 |
[03:56] | Age ain’t nothing but a number. | 年龄只不过是数字罢了 |
[03:58] | Yeah, well, her number’s way bigger than your number. | 可是人家的数字能把你的数字压死 |
[04:01] | You ain’t never lied about your age? | 你这辈子没撒谎过年纪吗 |
[04:02] | I’m a lady. Different rules. | 我是女人 这不一样 |
[04:05] | It’s not a big deal. We’re just having fun. | 又不是什么大事 我们就是玩玩 |
[04:07] | Yeah, well, before you have too much fun, you better tell her. | 在你们”开心”到底之前 最好跟她坦白 |
[04:11] | That sounds less fun. | 听起来就不太开心 |
[04:12] | Welcome to being an adult. | 欢迎来到成人的世界 |
[04:14] | It sucks. | 就是那么不爽 |
[04:18] | Dr. Linkletter? Mary Cooper. | 林克莱特博士您好 我是玛丽·库珀 |
[04:20] | Ah, Mrs. Cooper. | 库珀太太你好啊 |
[04:22] | I assume this is about the upcoming trip | 我猜你打来是想询问旅行的事 |
[04:24] | and perhaps your very understandable reluctance | 而且是怀着我十分能理解的 |
[04:27] | to let Sheldon come. | 不想让谢尔顿去的心情 |
[04:28] | I have to admit I do have some concerns. | 我的确是心里不太踏实 |
[04:31] | As you should. | 这是应该的 |
[04:33] | So, you’re saying you’d prefer he not go with us? | 所以你比较不希望他跟我们去吗 |
[04:36] | But he’d be so disappointed. | 可这样他会很失望 |
[04:38] | Not more disappointed than me. | 我会比他更失望呢 |
[04:40] | So, you feel good about him going? | 所以你很乐意他一起去吗 |
[04:44] | Only if you feel good about it. | 你乐意我就乐意啊 |
[04:46] | You’re his parent. I’m just an absentminded academic | 你是他亲娘 我只不过是个脑子糊涂 |
[04:49] | who’s never had children. | 又从未有过孩子的老学究 |
[04:51] | Come on, now. | 您可别这么说 |
[04:52] | You’ve been such a great help looking after him at college. | 他在大学里都多亏有你的关照呢 |
[04:56] | Yes, but college isn’t the same as three days in a van. | 是啦 但大学与三天的汽车旅行还是不一样嘛 |
[05:00] | Sheldon can be a nervous traveler. | 谢尔顿出游的确容易紧张 |
[05:03] | Ah. Sounds like you don’t want him to go. | 感觉你还是不想让他去 对吧 |
[05:06] | No, I do want him to go. I just want to make sure | 没有啦 我想他去 我只是想确认 |
[05:08] | that you and Dr. Sturgis are okay with it. | 你跟斯特吉斯博士不介意带着他 |
[05:13] | We’re okay with it. | 我们没问题啊 |
[05:15] | If you’re okay with it. | 重点是你没问题就行 |
[05:16] | If you’re okay with it, I’m okay with it. | 你们没问题 我就没问题啊 |
[05:19] | Then it would seem we’re both okay with it. | 听起来我们两方好像都没问题 |
[05:21] | Okay. | 那好 |
[05:24] | Oh, he’s gonna be so happy. | 他这孩子肯定要开心坏了 |
[05:28] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[05:36] | You ready for your road trip? | 做好出游的准备了吗 |
[05:37] | Yes. I’m plotting bathroom breaks. | 在做 我正在计划如厕时间表 |
[05:39] | It’s tricky because I’m not sure | 有点困难 因为我不确定 |
[05:40] | how frequently Dr. Linkletter and Dr. Sturgis need to urinate. | 两位博士他们上厕所的频率 |
[05:44] | Maybe I should call them. | 或许我该打电话问一下 |
[05:46] | Ooh, I wouldn’t. You ask old guys about their bladder, | 是我就不打 你问老头子膀胱的事 |
[05:48] | you’re in for a long conversation. | 那可是千言万语都说不完啊 |
[05:50] | What’s with the maps? | 这么多地图是干嘛 |
[05:51] | I’m going with Dr. Sturgis and Dr. Linkletter | 我要跟斯特吉斯与林克莱特博士 |
[05:53] | to a radio telescope in the Davis Mountains. | 一起去戴维斯山脉的电波望远镜台 |
[05:56] | Of course you are. | 好棒好棒拍拍手 |
[05:58] | Problem? | 哪不满意了 |
[05:58] | Nope. He gets to do whatever he wants, | 没什么 他总是想做什么都可以 |
[06:01] | and I’m not even allowed to go the beach with my friends. | 而我连跟朋友去海边玩都不准 |
[06:04] | It’s just a school trip. | 他那个只是校外教学 |
[06:06] | It’s fine. | 随便啦 |
[06:08] | Oh. Says here Fort Stockton | 这里写着斯托克顿堡 |
[06:09] | is home to the world’s largest roadrunner statue, | 有世界上最大的走鹃雕像 |
[06:11] | which is the stuff of nightmares. | 那可真是能吓死个人 |
[06:13] | But they do have a restroom. | 但那里有厕所 |
[06:18] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你聊两句吗 |
[06:19] | – Am I in trouble?- No. | -我惹什么麻烦了吗 -没有 |
[06:21] | It’s about a girl. | 是女生的事 |
[06:22] | Oh. You’re in trouble. | 所以是你惹了麻烦 |
[06:24] | Yeah, sure. | 行吧 坐 |
[06:26] | I’m not really in trouble. I’m just dating this girl, | 没什么麻烦啦 只是最近在跟一个女生交往 |
[06:28] | and she’s a little older than me. | 她年纪稍微比我大了一些 |
[06:30] | What’s the problem? | 那问题在哪 |
[06:31] | She doesn’t exactly know how much older than me she is. | 她不知道她实际到底大了我多少 |
[06:34] | How much older is she? | 那她到底大你几岁 |
[06:36] | Like ten years. | 大概十岁吧 |
[06:37] | But she’s blond and she’s really hot. | 但她是个超正的金发妞 |
[06:41] | Well, that doesn’t matter. | 这都不是重点啊 |
[06:43] | I mean, if you’re lying to her, that’s not okay. | 你骗人家就是不对的 |
[06:45] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[06:46] | You’re saying if you were my age and dating this hot girl, | 你的意思是 你在我这年纪时碰到这情况 |
[06:49] | you’d tell her the truth and blow your chances? | 你会说出实话 亲手断送自己的机会 |
[06:51] | Well, that’s not the question you asked me. | 你之前又不是这么提问的 |
[06:53] | So, what would you really do? | 那实际上你到底会怎么做 |
[06:58] | – She married? – No. | -她结婚了吗 -还没 |
[06:59] | – She got kids? – No. | -她有小孩吗 -没有 |
[07:00] | I don’t see the problem. | 那不说实话有何问题 |
[07:01] | – Thank you.- My pleasure. | -感谢您 -不客气 |
[07:03] | You’re like the son I never wanted. | 你就像是我从来没想要过的儿子 |
[07:08] | Hey, I know I don’t work here anymore, | 我知道我不在这里工作了 |
[07:10] | but could I use this office tonight? | 但今晚能借你的办公室一用吗 |
[07:13] | No. | 当然不行 |
[07:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:15] | Did you used to? | 你以前用过吗 |
[07:18] | No. | 当然没有 |
[07:24] | You might want to pace yourself. | 你最好还是悠着点喝 |
[07:26] | Our next rest stop isn’t for another… | 安排的下一个厕所还差… |
[07:28] | 62 miles. | 100公里 |
[07:30] | If anyone needs to go before that, | 到之前如果有人想上厕所 |
[07:31] | I’ve got a trucker’s buddy in back. | 我后面有一个”司机之友” |
[07:33] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:34] | A bottle you urinate in. | 用来尿尿的塑料瓶 |
[07:36] | I’m sorry, are we the Donner Party? | 抱歉 我们是唐纳大队的人吗 |
[07:36] | 1846年从美东出发往加拿大移民的篷车大队 后来受困山中 死伤无数甚至靠吃人才活下来 | |
[07:38] | Societal norms are different on road trips. | 公路旅行时有不一样的习俗 |
[07:41] | Normally, I don’t eat junk food, | 比如平常我并不吃垃圾食品 |
[07:43] | but here, it’s tradition. | 但在路上 习俗就是得吃 |
[07:46] | I’m not even sure what a chicharron is. | 我其实都不知道什么是炸五花 |
[07:49] | It’s the deep-fried skin of a pig. | 是油炸猪皮 |
[07:51] | That seems like something they should say on the bag. | 感觉这件事他们应该写在包装上啊 |
[07:54] | How about some music? | 来听点音乐如何 |
[07:56] | No one likes music. How about a car game? | 没人喜欢音乐 来玩车上游戏吧 |
[07:58] | Ooh, I have a fun one where I say a formula, | 我有一个好玩的 我说出一个公式 |
[08:00] | and then you have to say another formula | 你得根据我公式中的 |
[08:02] | starting with the last letter or number that I said. | 最后一个字母或数字接出下一个公式 |
[08:04] | So, for example, if I said, | 举个例子 如果我说 |
[08:05] | – “X” equals negative “B” plus or minus… – Music it is. | -X = -B ±… -奏乐 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry I can’t help out on driving duty. | 抱歉我没办法帮忙你开车 |
[08:17] | You really never learned? | 你真的没去学过开车吗 |
[08:19] | I got my permit, but I’ve never been comfortable behind the wheel. | 我是有驾照啦 只是从来对开车都没什么自信 |
[08:23] | That’s a shame. | 那太可惜了 |
[08:24] | I do enjoy the tranquility of the open road. | 我很享受驾驶在宽敞道路上的宁静感 |
[08:27] | I find it produces a Zen-like calm. | 我觉得能给我内心带来平静 |
[08:32] | You know what else is calming? | 你知道还有什么能让人平静吗 |
[08:33] | A fun car game. | 有趣的车上游戏 |
[08:35] | How about this. | 这样吧 |
[08:36] | We’ll count out-of-state license plates. | 我们数来自其他州的车牌 |
[08:38] | First one to a hundred wins. | 先数到100个的人获胜 |
[08:39] | Not as fun as mine, but very well. | 感觉没我的游戏好玩 但行吧 |
[08:41] | Um… Ooh, Oklahoma. | 俄克拉荷马州的牌 |
[08:43] | Silently. | 是在心中默数 |
[09:00] | Hey. Is your mom home? | 妈妈在家吗 |
[09:02] | Church. | 上教堂了 |
[09:03] | Oh. What are you up to? | 那你等会有安排吗 |
[09:05] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[09:08] | Put your shoes on. | 去穿鞋 |
[09:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:11] | Let’s you and me go do something fun. | 我们一起去做点好玩的事吧 |
[09:13] | Something I think is fun or something you think is fun? | 是你觉得好玩还是我觉得好玩的事 |
[09:15] | Something we both think is fun. Come on, get in the truck. | 你和我都觉得好玩的事 快上车 |
[09:19] | – You gonna teach me how to drive? – No. | -你要教我开车吗 -不是 |
[09:21] | You sure? It would just make me feel so much better | 你确定吗 我心里会平衡很多的 |
[09:24] | – about all the stuff Sheldon gets to do. – You’re not driving. | -不再妒忌谢尔顿能自由自在 -你别想开车 |
[09:28] | – I would seriously love you so much if I could drive. – Stop it. | -如果让我开车我会好爱好爱你的 -别演了 |
[09:31] | At what age do guys stop acting like idiots? | 男人到几岁才会不再像个白痴笨蛋一样 |
[09:35] | Oh, no. What’d I do now? | 糟了 我又做错了什么 |
[09:36] | Not you. | 不是说你 |
[09:38] | Georgie’s dating an older woman and he’s lying about his age. | 小乔治在交往一个比他年长的女人 他谎报年龄 |
[09:43] | Oh. That rascal. | 奸诈的臭小子 |
[09:45] | You already knew. | 你已经知道了 |
[09:46] | You don’t know what I know. | 你才不知道我知道什么 |
[09:47] | I see it in your face. | 我看你脸色就知道了 |
[09:50] | Fine. Well, he asked for my advice. | 好吧 他来问我的意见 |
[09:52] | Well, I hope you told him that he has to come clean. | 希望你是叫他要坦白交代 |
[09:57] | I did. | 我叫了 |
[09:58] | Sounds like there’s a “but” on the way. | 感觉你后面要接”但是” |
[10:02] | But then he asked me what I would’ve done. | 但是接着他问我 换我我会怎么做 |
[10:04] | Dale. | 戴尔 |
[10:05] | Well, uh, you don’t know all the facts. | 你又不知道全部细节 |
[10:06] | What are the facts? | 有什么细节 |
[10:08] | He said that she was blond and hot. | 他说她是超正的金发妞 |
[10:12] | And that makes it okay to lie? | 那就可以说谎骗人了吗 |
[10:14] | At my age, no. | 在我这岁数 不行 |
[10:16] | At his age? | 在他那岁数 |
[10:20] | No. | 也不行 |
[10:21] | Does it go straight like this for a while? | 接下来这段都是直路吗 |
[10:24] | It’s Texas. | 这里是德州 |
[10:25] | Goes straight like this for the rest of our lives. | 开到死都是”直”路一条 |
[10:28] | You thinking of giving it a try? | 你想试试吗 |
[10:30] | Well, there aren’t any cars around. | 路上一辆车都没有 |
[10:33] | Uh, seems like a good place to practice. | 看起来很适合用来练习 |
[10:36] | Excellent. I could use a break. | 很好 我也需要休息一下 |
[10:39] | This is exciting. | 太刺激了 |
[10:41] | I’m all atingle. | 简直令人要憋不住 |
[10:42] | You are not peeing in a bottle. | 你休想尿尿在塑料瓶里 |
[10:49] | Here we are. | 我们到啦 |
[10:51] | Red Lobster? | 红龙虾餐厅 |
[10:52] | You love this place. | 你很喜欢这里的呀 |
[10:54] | Holy moly. | 哎哟妈呀 |
[10:55] | It’s good, huh? | 很好吃 对吧 |
[10:56] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[10:58] | Yeah, when I was, like, eight. | 是啊 我八岁的时候 |
[11:00] | Well, come on, we had our first daddy-daughter date here. | 别这样嘛 我们第一次父女约会就是在这 |
[11:03] | Oh, my God, don’t ever call it that again. | 救命 求你别这么称呼那件事了 |
[11:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:06] | I have friends who come here on actual dates. | 我可是有朋友来这里真约会 |
[11:09] | They might see us. | 他们可能会看见我们 |
[11:12] | Thought it’d be nice. | 我以为会挺温馨的 |
[11:15] | Can we please go anywhere else? | 拜托 我们能不能去别的地方 |
[11:19] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[11:23] | You know, they have those cheddar biscuits. | 话说 他们家有切达芝士饼干哦 |
[11:24] | – Dad. – Fine. | -老爸 -知道啦 |
[11:27] | I’m doing it. | 我在开了 |
[11:28] | This is going quite well. | 还挺顺利的 |
[11:30] | Feel free to pick up the pace. | 你随时可以加速 |
[11:31] | – A butterfly just passed us. – Well, | -我们刚被一只蝴蝶超车了 -是哦 |
[11:33] | – what’s the speed limit? – 75. | -这里限速多少 -时速120公里 |
[11:37] | And I’m going… | 我现在的车速是… |
[11:39] | ten. | 时速16公里 |
[11:41] | I’ll pick up the pace. | 我会加速的 |
[11:43] | Speaking of slow-moving transportation, | 说到慢速交通工具 |
[11:44] | did you know that the slowest express train in the world | 你们知不知道世界上最慢的特快列车 |
[11:46] | is the Glacier Express in Switzerland? | 是瑞士的冰川列车 |
[11:49] | I spent a month in Switzerland at CERN. | 我在瑞士的欧洲核子研究中心待过一个月 |
[11:51] | Oh, no! | 糟了 |
[11:52] | I hit an armadillo. | 我撞到了一只犰狳 |
[11:54] | So? Just keep driving. | 那又怎样 继续开啊 |
[11:56] | No, I can’t. I have to check on it. | 不行 我得去看看它的情况 |
[12:01] | Is he hoping it’s alive or dead? | 他是希望它没死还是死了 |
[12:02] | Alive. | 没死 |
[12:12] | Oh, no, what have I done? | 天啊 我都干了什么 |
[12:15] | It’s still moving. | 它还在动 |
[12:16] | Like we should be. Let’s go. | 我们也该继续移动 走吧 |
[12:18] | We need a box and a towel. | 我们需要一个箱子和一条毛巾 |
[12:20] | We don’t need a coffin. The birds will eat it. | 我们不需要棺材 鸟会吃掉它的 |
[12:22] | It’s to keep it safe until we find help. | 是为了保护它 直到我们找到人救它 |
[12:25] | John, these animals carry all kinds of diseases. | 约翰 这种动物身上携带很多病菌 |
[12:28] | That’s what the towel’s for. | 所以才要用毛巾包着它 |
[12:30] | This is Texas. Armadillo roadkill | 这里是德州 马路上被碾死的犰狳 |
[12:31] | is practically the state animal. | 几乎算是德州标志动物了 |
[12:35] | So, where you want to go? | 你想去哪里 |
[12:38] | I am up for anything. | 去哪都行 |
[12:40] | I was thinking the bar, but I go there so much. | 我本来想去酒吧 但我太常去了 |
[12:43] | What about a movie? | 要不我们去看场电影 |
[12:45] | Or we could just go back to your place. | 或者我们就回你家 |
[12:51] | That-That’d be amazing. | 那可太赞了 |
[12:53] | Well, amazing’s a lot of pressure, | 要保证能”很赞”的压力不小啊 |
[12:54] | but I’ll give it a shot. | 不过我会努力的啦 |
[13:00] | Listen, | 听着 |
[13:01] | when I said I moved out of my parents’ place, | 我之前说我搬出我爸妈家了 |
[13:04] | that was true. | 那是真话 |
[13:06] | But I’m kind of living in their garage. | 但我其实是搬到他们车库里住了 |
[13:09] | Well, my parents are in the bedroom next to mine, | 我爸妈的卧室和我的卧室仅一墙之隔 |
[13:11] | so it’s your place or nothing. | 所以不去你家就没得开心了 |
[13:12] | My place works. | 去我家没问题 |
[13:18] | Don’t get bitten. I’m not wrapping you in a towel, too. | 别被咬了 我可不会也用毛巾包住你 |
[13:21] | I’m just giving it water. | 我只是喂它喝水 |
[13:23] | Okay, there’s a firehouse 28 miles away. | 离这45公里处有个消防站 |
[13:26] | I bet they can help. | 他们一定能帮忙 |
[13:27] | I was thinking we’d leave it on their doorstep. | 我本来想着就把它放在消防站门口 |
[13:30] | This isn’t a joke. I injured this creature, | 这可不是闹着玩的 我弄伤了这只动物 |
[13:33] | so I have to take care of it. Do you understand? | 我就得照顾好它 你明白吗 |
[13:37] | Yes, sir. | 明白 先生 |
[13:41] | Well, it’s not lobster, but… | 虽然这不是龙虾大餐 |
[13:45] | least your friends won’t see us. | 但至少我们不会被你朋友撞见 |
[13:48] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:49] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[13:52] | You’re just getting older. | 你只是长大了 |
[13:55] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[13:57] | Sure I was a jackass to my parents, too. | 我小时候一定也是个不孝子 |
[13:59] | Hey! | 怎么说话的 |
[14:03] | How’s your burger? | 你的汉堡味道如何 |
[14:05] | So good. | 超好吃 |
[14:06] | It is pretty good. | 确实很美味 |
[14:09] | Hey, maybe this can be our new spot for daddy-daughter dates. | 也许这里能成为我们父女约会的新地点 |
[14:12] | – Please stop saying that. – What? | -拜托你别再那样说了 -什么 |
[14:14] | Daddy-daughter dates? | 父女约会吗 |
[14:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:17] | Mm. Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:19] | What would you like me to call our daddy-daughter dates? | 那你想让我把”父女约会”改称为什么 |
[14:22] | You’re so annoying. | 你好讨厌 |
[14:34] | This isn’t exactly the firehouse I was expecting. | 这跟我想象中的消防站不太一样 |
[14:37] | Are minors allowed in here? | 未成年人可以进来吗 |
[14:39] | No one should be allowed in here. | 这里不该让任何人进来 |
[14:40] | I’m sure they have a phone we can use. | 他们一定有电话能给我们借用吧 |
[14:43] | Excuse me, barkeep? | 不好意思 酒保 |
[14:44] | Could we get some help over here? | 能帮下忙吗 |
[14:46] | And don’t say “barkeep.” | 别说”酒保”啊 |
[14:53] | Y’all must be lost. | 你们一定是迷路了 |
[14:54] | Oh, we’re not lost. You can’t get lost with a AAA TripTik. | 没迷路 有汽车协会旅程计划不可能迷路 |
[14:59] | I mean, I don’t know where you’re trying to be, | 我不知道你们的目的地是哪里 |
[15:01] | but this ain’t it. | 但绝对不是这里 |
[15:03] | – Message received. We’ll be on our way. – Please. | -收到 我们马上就走 -拜托 |
[15:06] | We have an injured armadillo that needs medical assistance. | 我们有只受伤的犰狳 它需要医治 |
[15:09] | You brought that filthy thing into my bar? | 你竟敢把那只恶心玩意带进我酒吧 |
[15:12] | And now we’re taking it out. Let’s go. | 我们现在就把它带走 快走吧 |
[15:14] | – If we could just use your phone. – Look, | -让我们借用下你的电话就好 -听着 |
[15:16] | you seem like nice folk, | 虽然你们看起来人挺好 |
[15:18] | but Yankees ain’t popular around here. | 但这里不欢迎北方佬 |
[15:21] | I suggest you be on your way. | 建议你们赶紧离开 |
[15:23] | Sorry to have troubled you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[15:24] | – Let’s go. – Excuse me. | -我们走吧 -不好意思 |
[15:27] | My colleagues may be from the North, | 我的同事们也许是北方人 |
[15:29] | but for your information, I’m a Texan, born and bred. | 但告诉你 我是土生土长的德州小伙 |
[15:32] | I know that real chili has no beans, | 我知道真正的辣椒酱不放豆子 |
[15:34] | and when my meemaw says, “Bless your heart,” | 还知道我姥姥说”祝福你”时 |
[15:35] | she means something very different. | 其实是阴阳怪气 并非真的祝福 |
[15:38] | Now, my friend here is in need of help, | 我的朋友需要帮助 |
[15:40] | and since our state motto is literally “friendship,” | 我们的州格言又是”友谊” |
[15:42] | may he please use your phone? | 所以能不能让他借用下电话 |
[15:46] | Well, dang. | 我靠 |
[15:52] | And could I trouble you for a yellow pages? | 麻烦你给我一本黄页 好吗 |
[15:54] | Oh, boy. | 要大命了 |
[15:59] | Oh, Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[16:01] | I’m so disappointed in you. | 我对你好失望 |
[16:07] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[16:10] | Yeah. Very okay. | 没事 好得很 |
[16:13] | Tell her before things go too far. | 赶紧告诉她 不然事情会变得无法收拾 |
[16:16] | Would you leave the kid alone? | 你能不能别烦这孩子 |
[16:17] | He’s just having some fun. | 他只是想爽一下 |
[16:19] | He’s lying, and she deserves to know. | 他说谎了 她有权知道 |
[16:21] | Just let it go. | 别揪着不放了 |
[16:23] | No. He’s feeling guilty, | 不 他心里觉得内疚 |
[16:24] | and he’s gonna do the right thing. | 他会做出正确的选择 |
[16:25] | Connie, the second that girl’s shirt comes off, it’s game over. | 康妮 那妹子衣服一脱 他良知就飞走了 |
[16:29] | No. My grandson has more integrity than you’re giving him credit… | 不 我外孙比你想的要正直诚实… |
[16:34] | Amazing. | 爽歪歪 |
[16:38] | Boy, I am stuffed. | 我吃撑了 |
[16:39] | You know, if you’re too full to drive, I could help. | 如果你太饱了开不了车 我可以帮忙 |
[16:43] | You’re not driving my truck. | 你别想开老子的卡车 |
[16:44] | Come on. Just here in the parking lot? | 拜托 就在停车场这里开一下 |
[16:46] | No. | 没门 |
[16:48] | Please, Daddy? | 求你啦爸比 |
[16:51] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在干嘛 |
[16:53] | Creating memories that’ll last a lifetime? | 制造父女之间永生难忘的回忆吗 |
[17:00] | Okay. Foot on the brake. | 好 脚踩在刹车上 |
[17:03] | Which one’s that? | 哪个是刹车 |
[17:05] | Oh, boy. The one on the left. | 救命 左边那个 |
[17:08] | – Got it. – All right. Now | -踩好了 -接着 |
[17:11] | pull the shifter toward you | 把档位朝自己方向 |
[17:12] | and then down to “D,” Like this. Here. | 拉到D档 像这样 |
[17:16] | All right? | 知道了吗 |
[17:17] | Now, the most important step. | 然后是最重要的一步 |
[17:20] | Do not ever tell your mother we did this. | 永远不能告诉你妈妈我们干了这事 |
[17:22] | I’m not an idiot. Let’s go. | 我又不是傻子 继续 |
[17:25] | All right. Now | 接下来 |
[17:26] | take your foot off the brake | 脚松开刹车 |
[17:28] | and gently put it on the… | 再轻轻踩下… |
[17:30] | I’m driving! | 我在开车 |
[17:36] | I know you’re a human hospital, | 我知道你们是人类医院 |
[17:38] | but the animal hospital isn’t answering their phone. | 但动物医院不接电话啊 |
[17:42] | Well, is there a doctor who has a soft spot for pets? | 你们那有没有特别喜欢宠物的医生 |
[17:46] | Maybe a nurse with pictures of cats on her desk? | 或者办公桌上放着猫咪照片的护士 |
[17:49] | You can hang up the phone, John. | 你可以挂电话了 约翰 |
[17:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:53] | I think you know why. | 你应该知道为什么 |
[17:59] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你 打扰了 |
[18:06] | Well, that’s a shame. | 真遗憾没能救它 |
[18:07] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[18:10] | It’s just an armadillo, right? | 不过是只犰狳 对吧 |
[18:12] | It didn’t seem that way to you in the van. | 你刚才在车上好像很在乎它 |
[18:15] | I know it’s silly, but… | 我知道这么说很傻气 |
[18:18] | when I saw it lying there all bald and helpless, | 但当我看见它躺在地上 又秃又无助时 |
[18:21] | I thought, | 我不禁觉得 |
[18:23] | “That’s gonna be me one day.” | “有一天我也会变成这样” |
[18:27] | That is the most damn depressing thing I have ever heard. | 这是我听过的最致郁的话 |
[18:32] | The end of life does tend to be depressing. | 生命的终结确实常令人感到沮丧 |
[18:34] | In New Orleans, they embrace the tradition of a jazz funeral | 在新奥尔良 人们信奉爵士葬礼的传统 |
[18:37] | where the deceased are celebrated through music. | 用音乐来纪念逝者 |
[18:40] | That’s true. | 确实如此 |
[18:42] | Barkeep, do you happen to have | 酒保 你点唱机里 |
[18:44] | any Dixieland jazz on the jukebox | 会不会刚好有迪克西兰爵士乐 |
[18:46] | to celebrate the life of an armadillo? | 可以放来纪念一只犰狳的狳生 |
[18:49] | Y’all need to leave now. | 你们立刻给老娘滚出去 |
[18:52] | After a quick burial behind the bar, | 在酒吧后面草草埋葬了犰狳后 |
[18:55] | we were back on the road. | 我们又重新上路 |
[18:56] | Dr. Sturgis tried to find some appropriate music | 斯特吉斯博士试图找一首合适的音乐 |
[18:59] | for a proper send-off. | 好好送别犰狳 |
[19:01] | Three Christian talk shows and a whole lot of static later, | 经过三个基督教答问节目和很多静电噪音之后 |
[19:05] | he settled on what he declared | 他选定了他口中的 |
[19:06] | the Dixieland jazz of West Texas. | 西德州的迪克西兰爵士乐 |
[19:12] | Mariachi. | 墨西哥流浪音乐 |
[19:19] | Vaya con dios, armadillo. | 安息吧 小犰狳 |
[19:22] | Vaya con dios. | 安息吧 |