时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Apparently, the football boosters think I’m not doing my job. | 球队后援会的人觉得我不行 |
[00:05] | You know you’re gonna have to talk to them, right? | 你知道你得去跟他们对话的吧 |
[00:06] | Yes. | 知道 |
[00:07] | Maybe I should come. | 我看我陪着你去吧 |
[00:09] | I’m not gonna insult their children. | 我不会吐槽他们孩子啦 |
[00:11] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[00:13] | Okay, come. | 好啦 来陪我 |
[00:14] | I got a question. | 我想问个问题 |
[00:15] | Go ahead, Roy. | 问吧 罗伊 |
[00:16] | What in the hell were you thinking | 你当时到底哪根筋不对 |
[00:18] | punting with a minute 24 on the clock? | 怎会最后时刻选择弃踢 |
[00:20] | Meeting’s over. | 会议结束 |
[00:22] | There it is. | 出现了 |
[00:23] | The Cooper Surrender. | 库珀的招牌式认输 |
[00:25] | – The Cooper Surrender! – Bye-bye. | -笑死 库珀的招牌式认输 -慢走不送 |
[00:26] | Guess what, I’m buying a laundromat. | 你猜怎么着 我要顶下一间洗衣店 |
[00:29] | So there’s a secret back room | 所以洗衣店后方有个秘密暗室 |
[00:31] | at the laundromat where you gamble? | 你常去那里赌 |
[00:34] | Give me a sense for how illegal this is. | 那好歹就说个大概 这赌场违法程度多高 |
[00:37] | Who says it’s illegal? | 谁说这违法了 |
[00:38] | Well, why is it a secret? | 不然为啥是秘密 |
[00:40] | Okay, it’s illegal. | 行吧 的确违法 |
[00:44] | Today I thought we could talk about relationships, | 今天我想跟大家聊聊感情 |
[00:47] | so I’ve invited my lovely wife Amy to help. | 因此还邀请了我可人的妻子艾米来帮忙 |
[00:49] | Thanks for letting me join in. | 真是感谢你让我加入啊 |
[00:51] | Are you jealous when I do this without you? | 我没找你的时候你有嫉妒吗 |
[00:53] | – No. – Because one of the most common sources | -没有 -因为感情关系中最常见的争端 |
[00:55] | of conflict in relationships is jealousy. | 就是由嫉妒引起的 |
[00:57] | Now, Amy, did you know jealousy is triggered | 艾米 那你知道嫉妒之心 |
[01:00] | in the left part of the cerebral cortex? | 是在左侧大脑皮层激发的吗 |
[01:02] | I’m sorry, are you about to explain neuroscience | 不是吧 你要跟你得过诺贝尔奖的 |
[01:04] | to your wife, the Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist? | 神经系统学家老婆讲神经系统学吗 |
[01:07] | – Yes. Jealous? – I’ll tell you when there isn’t | -没错 嫉妒吗 -等我们面前 |
[01:10] | – a microphone in front of us. – Ooh, mystery. | -没有麦克风的时候我再好好”告诉你” -神秘感 |
[01:12] | That’ll keep a relationship on its toes. | 这东西能让人在感情中小心翼翼 |
[01:14] | Your bathroom schedule is on the refrigerator. | 你的如厕时间表就贴在冰箱上 |
[01:16] | We have no mystery. | 我们之间没有任何神秘感 |
[01:18] | Moving on, physical intimacy. | 还有 肉体亲密 |
[01:21] | I believe I said “Physical intimacy,” | 我用的词是”肉体亲密”吧 |
[01:23] | which can pose another challenge in relationships. | 这也是感情关系中可能出现的一大难关 |
[01:26] | Especially when one partner doesn’t want to be intimate | 尤其是其中有人对这方面的需求 |
[01:29] | as frequently as the other. | 远远低于常人 |
[01:31] | Ooh, who are we talking about? | 我们这是在说谁家的八卦啊 |
[01:32] | Don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 |
[01:33] | Let the mystery continue. | 先继续保持神秘感 |
[01:36] | Just read the next one. | 赶紧读下一条吧 |
[01:37] | Money is a frequent source of conflict in a relationship. | 钱也是常见的感情问题来源 |
[01:40] | Thankfully that’s never been a problem for us. | 还好我们家从没有过这种问题 |
[01:42] | Says the woman who took away my comic book allowance. | 某个拿走我的漫画零花钱的女人可真好意思 |
[01:45] | To start a college fund for our children. | 是拿去建立孩子的大学学费基金 |
[01:47] | Comic books are an investment. | 买漫画是一种投资好吗 |
[01:49] | There are better places | 世界上有大把 |
[01:50] | to invest our money than that weird wolf man you like. | 强过买怪咖狼男的地方可以让你投资 |
[01:53] | His name is Wolverine and you know it. | 你明知道他叫金刚狼还这么叫他 |
[01:55] | Okay we’re off on a tangent. I’m taking over. | 我们又岔题了 我来主导话题吧 |
[01:58] | Money can be a source of conflict in a relationship, | 钱可能会成为感情问题来源 |
[02:01] | even having too much. | 连有太多钱都可能造成问题 |
[02:02] | Wh… Hey, this is my story. | 等… 这是人家的故事 |
[02:03] | I know. Jealous? | 我知道啊 嫉妒吗 |
[02:07] | I need to show you something. | 我有东西要给你看看 |
[02:09] | – Okay. – Now, don’t freak out. | -好 -你可别吓死 |
[02:11] | Well, that’s not helping. | 你这话可真令人感到安心 |
[02:16] | The gambling room’s doing well. | 地下赌场的生意很好 |
[02:18] | I can see that, Scarface. But why is it here? | 我看得出来啊《疤面煞星》 但为什么放这里 |
[02:21] | Well, I can’t exactly take it down to the bank. | 我不能直接把钱带去银行吧 |
[02:23] | – Why not? – They’d bust me for money laundering. | -为什么不能 -他们会说我洗钱 逮捕我 |
[02:26] | Well, it’s small bills. Tell them you’re a stripper. | 这都是小钞 就说你是脱衣舞娘吧 |
[02:29] | It’s $14,000. | 这里有一万四 |
[02:31] | Well, tell them you’re a good stripper. | 那就说你是脱衣舞娘界一霸 |
[02:34] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:37] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:39] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:42] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:45] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:52] | Grandmas love to spoil their grandchildren. | 世上无不疼孙的姥姥 |
[02:56] | Especially when the grandma has a suitcase full of cash | 尤其是有一箱钱不知道上哪花的姥姥 |
[02:59] | she doesn’t know what to do with. | 那更是想要把孙子孙女宠上天 |
[03:01] | – Whoa. – Oh, my. | -哇塞 -我的天 |
[03:03] | Did you mean to give us ten dollar bills? | 你本意是想给我们10块纸钞吗 |
[03:04] | Because these are hundreds. | 这是百元钞呢 |
[03:06] | I’m gonna kick your ass. | 我要打到你满地找牙 |
[03:07] | I know it’s a lot, but why not see you enjoy it | 我知道这数目不小 但我也想趁还在世 |
[03:09] | while I’m still around? | 亲眼看到你们开心嘛 |
[03:11] | Ooh, there’s an inheritance, too? | 以后还有遗产可以继承吗 |
[03:13] | Well, depends on how you treat me in my golden years. | 那得看你在我垂垂老矣时都怎么表现了 |
[03:16] | I’m not interested in your money, Meemaw. | 我对您的钱没有兴趣 姥姥 |
[03:17] | You’re pretty and I love you. | 你超美 我爱你 |
[03:19] | Now, don’t you have something to say to me? | 你们没有什么话要对姥姥说吗 |
[03:21] | – Thank you. – I’m rich. | -谢谢 -我发达啦 |
[03:24] | Morning. | 早安 |
[03:25] | Morning. | 早安 |
[03:28] | So, how you holding up? | 你情况还好吗 |
[03:30] | What does that mean? | 你问这个是什么意思 |
[03:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:41] | What? | 到底干嘛 |
[03:43] | There’s no easy way to say this, | 这件事怎么说都难以启齿 |
[03:45] | so I’m just gonna say it. | 我就打开天窗说亮话吧 |
[03:46] | I was at a meeting last night with the boosters. | 我昨晚跟球队后援会的人开会了 |
[03:49] | Without me? | 没找我吗 |
[03:50] | They might’ve thought that would be uncomfortable, | 他们觉得你在场面可能会很尴尬 |
[03:52] | seeing as it was about you. | 因为主题就是讨论你 |
[03:54] | About me how? | 讨论我什么 |
[03:55] | Well, they were floating the idea | 他们有点在考虑 |
[03:58] | of me being head coach next year. | 明年要不要换我当总教练 |
[04:00] | What the hell, Wayne? | 你不是吧 韦恩 |
[04:01] | I didn’t know what it was gonna be about. | 我去的时候又不知道是要干嘛 |
[04:03] | Well, what did you tell them? | 那你怎么回他们的 |
[04:04] | Look, I want you to keep your job. | 我很希望你能保住工作 |
[04:05] | Well, then tell them you’re not interested. | 那你就告诉他们你没兴趣啊 |
[04:08] | But… | 但是… |
[04:09] | if you’re not gonna keep your job, I want your job. | 如果你保不住你的工作 那我想要接 |
[04:12] | Really? You want to spend your days coaching lazy kids | 是吗 你想浪费你的生命教一帮懒骨头 |
[04:15] | and getting yelled at by their parents? | 还要听他们的爸妈叽歪吗 |
[04:16] | Come on, George. | 别这样 乔治 |
[04:17] | Don’t forget the dirty looks after you lose, | 别忘了输球之后 他们给你的那种眼神 |
[04:19] | like you’re the one that fumbled on the three-yard line. | 好像你才是踢失送分球的罪魁祸首一样 |
[04:21] | That’s the job you want? | 你想接这份工作吗 |
[04:23] | It’s called coaching, George. | 当教练不就是这样吗 乔治 |
[04:24] | I mean, how could Wayne stab me in the back like this? | 韦恩这小人居然从背后捅我一刀 |
[04:27] | I don’t think Wayne stabbed you in the back. | 我觉得韦恩没有背后捅刀啊 |
[04:29] | Can you please just agree with me? | 你就不能附和我一下吗 |
[04:31] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:32] | So, what happens now? | 那现在怎么样 |
[04:34] | I don’t know. I guess I wait and see if I’m fired. | 不知道啊 就等会不会接到炒鱿鱼通知 |
[04:37] | Well, if that happens, you can always get another job. | 如果真被炒 你可以再找一份新工作嘛 |
[04:40] | Medford has one high school. | 梅德福就只有一所高中 |
[04:42] | Another job could mean moving. | 找新工作可能就得搬家 |
[04:45] | But our roots are here. | 但我们的根在这里啊 |
[04:47] | My mom is here. | 我妈也在这里 |
[04:48] | So, moving’s got its upsides. | 看来搬家也不是毫无好处 |
[04:52] | Didn’t Sheldon’s college talk to you about coaching there once? | 谢尔顿的大学不是找过你去当教练吗 |
[04:56] | That’s right, they did. | 对啊 是找过我 |
[04:57] | – And you know the president pretty well now. – I do. | -而且你现在跟校长也挺熟了 -的确 |
[05:01] | And they’re used to losing, so it’s low pressure. | 而且队伍输惯了 工作压力也小 |
[05:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢你啊 |
[05:07] | You have a calculator I can borrow? | 你有计算器可以借我一下吗 |
[05:09] | Yes, but I’m using it. | 有 但我正在用 |
[05:10] | No, you’re not. | 你没有啊 |
[05:13] | Why do you need a calculator? | 你为什么需要计算器 |
[05:14] | I’m trying to figure out what to spend my money on. | 我想计算一下钱要花去哪里 |
[05:17] | What are you gonna do with yours? | 你的钱你打算怎么花 |
[05:19] | I’m glad you asked. | 问得好 |
[05:20] | I’m dipping my toe in the exciting world | 我打算进入刺激的股票世界 |
[05:22] | of the stock market by purchasing three shares of RadioShack. | 买三股睿侠的股票来试试水温 |
[05:25] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[05:27] | Well, as a shareholder, I’ll be partial owner | 买了股票成为股东 我就能成为 |
[05:29] | of my very favorite company. | 我最爱的公司的部分拥有人 |
[05:30] | See, when companies go public, they sell shares of stock… | 你看 当一间公司上市 他们就会卖股票… |
[05:32] | I’ll just buy my own calculator. | 我去给自己买台计算器吧 |
[05:38] | Thank you for seeing me, President Hagemeyer. | 谢谢你抽空见我 哈格迈尔校长 |
[05:40] | Of course. My door is open to all Coopers. | 我的办公室门永远为库珀全家而开 |
[05:43] | Even Alice Cooper, who I’ve always found oddly sexy. | 哪怕是埃利斯·库珀[歌手] 我觉得他莫名性感 |
[05:47] | Don’t think we’re related, | 我家跟他应该没有血缘 |
[05:48] | but if I meet him, I’ll let him know. | 但如果有机会见到他 我会转达 |
[05:51] | So, what can I do for you? | 所以今天有何能为您效劳 |
[05:52] | When y’all were first recruiting Sheldon, | 您当年招谢尔顿来读书的时候 |
[05:54] | you offered me a chance to head up your football program. | 邀约过我来当学校的橄榄球教练 |
[05:57] | And you turned us down. | 而你拒绝了我们 |
[05:58] | I was right in the middle of rebuilding Medford’s team, but now, | 当时我在重建梅德福中学的球队 但现在呢… |
[06:01] | I’m ready for a new challenge. | 我已经准备好迎接新的挑战 |
[06:03] | Well, Mr. Cooper… | 库珀先生… |
[06:04] | Please, call me Coach. | 别这么客气 叫我教练就行 |
[06:07] | Oh, and this just occurred to me, | 对了 我突然想到 |
[06:09] | but, uh, if I were here, | 如果我在这里任教 |
[06:11] | I could help keep an eye on Sheldon, | 我也能帮忙看着谢尔顿啊 |
[06:12] | take some of the burden off you. | 分担一下您肩头上的重担 |
[06:14] | Oh, your son is no burden. | 令郎才不是重担呢 |
[06:17] | He’s a pain in the ass, ma’am. You can say it. | 他就是眼中钉肉中刺 女士 您但说无妨 |
[06:19] | – Well, whether he is or he isn’t… – He is. | -无论他是不是吧…. -他就是 |
[06:21] | …we don’t have a football team anymore. | 我们学校已经没有橄榄球队了 |
[06:25] | What? | 什么 |
[06:27] | You’re a university in Texas. | 你们可是德州的大学耶 |
[06:29] | We are a science-focused university. | 我们是着重科学方向的大学嘛 |
[06:33] | But you got that whole stadium. | 但你们还有这么大的球场 |
[06:34] | Well, we still have soccer. | 学校还有足球队啊 |
[06:37] | What-what about Texas A&M? | 你去问过德克萨斯农工大学了吗 |
[06:40] | Pretty sure they have a football program. | 他们肯定有橄榄球队吧 |
[06:42] | Yeah, if that doesn’t work, maybe I’ll try the Cowboys. | 对对对 如果人家不要我 还可以去问问牛仔队[职业队] |
[06:44] | Hey, reach for the stars. | 人要勇于直上九重摘星嘛 |
[06:59] | George? | 乔治 |
[07:00] | Hey, Dale. | 你好啊 戴尔 |
[07:01] | Surprised to see you here. | 真没想到会在这里见到你 |
[07:03] | Are you? | 说实话 |
[07:03] | Not even a little. | 毫不意外 |
[07:08] | You ever hear of a Texas college that only plays soccer? | 你听说过堂堂德州有大学只踢足球吗 |
[07:11] | Can I get a beer first | 能先让我拿到啤酒 |
[07:12] | before we start with the hard questions? | 你再开始问我这些难题吗 |
[07:18] | I went to Sheldon’s college for a possible coaching gig. | 我去了谢尔顿的大学尝试要个教练职 |
[07:21] | They don’t even have a team anymore. | 他们现在连橄榄球队都没有 |
[07:24] | Huh. So you’re looking for a new job? | 所以你在找新工作啊 |
[07:26] | Something like that. | 算是吧 |
[07:29] | Well, there’s plenty of teams out there. | 外面有大把的球队不是吗 |
[07:31] | Yeah, but I’m starting to think | 是啊 但我慢慢开始觉得 |
[07:33] | it’s gonna be the same BS wherever I go. | 去到任何一个队伍都会碰到同样的狗屁 |
[07:35] | That’s how I feel about life. | 我觉得人生也是这个样 |
[07:37] | Wherever I go… | 去哪都是… |
[07:39] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[07:40] | You ever think about doing something different? | 你有想过干一些别的吗 |
[07:42] | Well, I played football, I coach football, | 我打橄榄球 又教橄榄球 |
[07:44] | I watch a lot of football. | 还整天看橄榄球赛 |
[07:45] | So unless sitting here becomes a job… | 除非坐在这喝酒也能成为工作 否则… |
[07:48] | How about selling footballs? | 你考虑过卖橄榄球吗 |
[07:51] | You mean, like, at your store? | 你是指去你店里卖吗 |
[07:52] | Yeah. I could always use the help. | 对啊 我很欢迎有帮手 |
[07:54] | I’m not looking for a handout. | 我不想靠关系蹭一份工作啦 |
[07:55] | That’s not what this is. | 我没有要白送钱 |
[07:57] | I’d love to have more time off. | 我也想要有更多自由时间 |
[07:58] | And it could be nice to have someone at the store | 而且店里能有一个 |
[08:01] | who I could trust. | 我能信任的人也挺好 |
[08:02] | Well, thanks, uh… | 谢谢你 |
[08:04] | I’ll think about it. | 我会仔细考虑考虑 |
[08:05] | Well, don’t thank me, I’m just taking advantage | 不用谢我 我也只是趁着你走霉运 |
[08:07] | of your crappy situation. | 想占你便宜罢了 |
[08:08] | How do you know I’m not taking advantage of yours? | 那你怎么知道不是我在占你便宜呢 |
[08:10] | Because I’m a very successful businessman, | 因为我是个十分成功的商人 |
[08:12] | and you’re sitting here in the middle of the day. | 而你大白天就坐在这里喝闷酒 |
[08:14] | Well, you’re here, too. | 你也在这喝酒啊 |
[08:15] | You were here first. | 你比我先来 |
[08:17] | I’d only been a shareholder for one day | 我才刚当上股东一天 |
[08:19] | and I was already reveling in the giddy thrill | 我对成为这家蓬勃发展科技公司股东的 |
[08:22] | in being part owner of a thriving tech company. | 兴奋之情就已经要喷发而出 |
[08:25] | Hello, RadioShack. Sheldon Cooper, shareholder. | 你好 睿侠 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 是你们股东 |
[08:28] | I just wanted to let you know I’m so excited | 我只是想告诉你们 |
[08:30] | to be part of the team. | 我对加入这个公司有多兴奋 |
[08:31] | While I sound young, rest assured, | 虽然我的声音听起来很年少 但放心 |
[08:33] | I’m far more intelligent than my age would imply. | 我远比同龄人要聪明得多 |
[08:35] | So if there’s anything I can do to help, | 如果有什么需要我帮忙的 |
[08:37] | budgeting, product design, finding a word | 无论是制定预算 产品设计还是改个 |
[08:39] | more impressive than “Shack,” I’m your man. | 比”睿侠”更酷的店名 都来找我就对了 |
[08:41] | My sister had taken a different path with her money. | 我妹妹把钱花在了别的地方 |
[08:48] | What is that? | 那是什么东西 |
[08:49] | – It’s a cotton candy machine. – Why? | -是棉花糖机 -为什么 |
[08:54] | It’s a machine that makes free cotton candy. | 因为这机器能做出免费的棉花糖 |
[08:56] | It’s not free, you paid for it. | 不是免费的 你花钱买的 |
[08:58] | Meemaw paid for it. | 是姥姥付的钱 |
[08:59] | And it’s still better than lame stocks. | 而且还是比破股票强多了 |
[09:01] | You’re going to end up with a stomach ache | 你最后只会落得肚子痛的下场 |
[09:03] | while I get to be part of America’s | 而我却能加入美国最受欢迎的 |
[09:04] | favorite electronics retailer. | 电子产品零售商 |
[09:10] | Really? George is gonna work at your store? | 真的吗 乔治要去你店里打工 |
[09:13] | Yeah, well, he’s gonna give it a try | 他会先上晚班和周末班试一下 |
[09:15] | on nights and weekends, see if he likes it. | 看喜不喜欢 |
[09:17] | Hmm. And what if he does? | 要是他喜欢呢 |
[09:19] | Well, hopefully, I can start stepping back. | 但愿如此 我就能退居二线了 |
[09:21] | To do what? | 退下来干嘛 |
[09:22] | Well, I got money in the bank, | 我银行里有存款 |
[09:24] | and you got some in a suitcase. | 你行李箱里也藏了钱 |
[09:26] | Well, we could put it together, | 我们的钱加起来 |
[09:28] | we could travel, we could buy a vacation home. | 可以拿去旅行 或者买栋度假别墅 |
[09:32] | Well, I can’t just up and leave. | 我不能说走就走啊 |
[09:33] | I mean, I got the gambling room. | 我还要打理赌场 |
[09:35] | Georgie can take care of that, and besides, | 小乔治能搞定 再说了 |
[09:37] | what’s the use of having all that money and not enjoying it? | 光有那么多钱却不拿去享受 有什么用啊 |
[09:41] | I guess. | 有点道理 |
[09:42] | God, we could go to Mexico | 老天 我们可以去墨西哥 |
[09:44] | and get a cabana | 买间水边的小木屋 |
[09:45] | and spend days on the beach. | 白天在海滩上惬意逍遥 |
[09:46] | And our nights on the toilet? | 然后晚上在厕所狂泻不止吗 |
[09:50] | Yeah, doesn’t sound half bad. | 听起来也不太糟嘛 |
[09:56] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[09:56] | I figured out you can put all kinds of candy in the machine. | 我发现任何品种的糖果都可以放进棉花糖机 |
[09:59] | Try this. | 试试这个 |
[10:00] | Why is it brown? | 为什么是咖啡色的 |
[10:01] | It’s butterscotch from Meemaw’s candy bowl. | 我从姥姥的糖果碗里拿的奶油糖 |
[10:04] | I think that candy’s older than you. | 那些糖可能比你的年龄还大 |
[10:06] | Doesn’t taste like it. | 吃起来并不像 |
[10:11] | Not bad. | 还不错嘛 |
[10:12] | I’m gonna bring a bunch to school. | 我准备带一些去学校 |
[10:14] | How much you gonna charge for it? | 你打算卖多少钱 |
[10:16] | Nothing. They’re my friends. | 不收钱 她们是我的朋友 |
[10:17] | You think Ronald McDonald let his friends eat for free? | 你觉得麦当劳叔叔会让他朋友免费吃麦当劳吗 |
[10:20] | Ronald McDonald isn’t real. | 麦当劳叔叔又不是真人 |
[10:24] | The point is, you shouldn’t give this away for free. | 重点是 你不该免费送给别人 |
[10:26] | How much would I even charge? | 我该收人家多少钱呢 |
[10:27] | Hmm. How about 50 cents? | 5毛钱怎么样 |
[10:29] | They only cost me, like, two cents to make. | 可是我成本只要2分钱左右 |
[10:32] | Yeah, but you’re not factoring in your time | 但你没算上你投入的时间 |
[10:34] | and the cost of the machine you bought | 你买机器的花费 |
[10:36] | and the value of the brainpower it took | 以及你想出奶油糖口味棉花糖 |
[10:38] | to think of butterscotch cotton candy. | 这个创意本身的价值 |
[10:40] | Yeah. No one else thought of putting old-lady candy | 没错 没别人想到把老太太的糖 |
[10:42] | in a cotton candy machine. | 放进棉花糖机 |
[10:44] | Why should they get it for free? | 他们凭什么能免费吃 |
[10:45] | Welcome to business. | 欢迎进入商界 |
[10:47] | Thank you for having me. | 多谢邀请 |
[10:49] | While my sister was starting her business, | 我妹妹开始创业 与此同时 |
[10:51] | I was trying to save mine. | 我却在努力挽救我的事业 |
[10:53] | Hello, this is Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[10:55] | may I speak to CEO John Roach, please? | 请让首席执行官约翰·罗奇接电话 谢谢 |
[11:00] | It’s regarding our stock taking a small dip, | 事关我们的股票跌了一点 |
[11:01] | and I’d like to hear his game plan. | 我想听听他的策略 |
[11:05] | Well, I’m busy, too, but I made the time to call. | 我也很忙啊 但我也拨冗致电给他了 |
[11:10] | Fine, may I please speak to your COO? | 好吧 那我能和首席运营官通话吗 |
[11:13] | CFO? CTO? | 首席财务官 首席技术官呢 |
[11:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:25] | Oh, no, t-these are great shoes, | 不 这双鞋很好 |
[11:26] | but at his age, he’s gonna grow out of them | 但以他现在的年纪 你们还没走到停车场 |
[11:28] | before you hit the parking lot. | 他就长高到穿不下了 |
[11:30] | These are just as good, | 这双鞋子一样好 |
[11:32] | and they’re gonna save you a little money. | 还能帮你省点钱 |
[11:34] | Thank you. | 真是谢谢你 |
[11:36] | Take them up to the counter, | 拿到收银台 |
[11:37] | I’ll be right there to ring them up. | 我马上过去帮你结账 |
[11:41] | George. | 乔治 |
[11:42] | You realize you’re on commission, don’t you? | 你知道你的薪水来自销售抽成吧 |
[11:45] | You know what you never grow out of? Socks. | 知道什么不受长高限制吗 袜子 |
[11:48] | I’m gonna grab you some socks. | 我给你拿几双袜子 |
[11:51] | How about some wristbands? | 护腕要不要来几对 |
[11:53] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[11:55] | I came to take you to dinner. | 我来带你去吃饭 |
[11:57] | Really? Uh, I’ll grab my keys. | 真的吗 我去拿车钥匙 |
[11:58] | No need. I’ll drive tonight. | 不用了 今晚我开车 |
[12:01] | But you might want to grab a jacket. | 不过你最好拿上外套 |
[12:04] | You actually bought this thing? | 你真买下了这玩意吗 |
[12:06] | It’s fun, huh? | 很抢眼对吧 |
[12:08] | I feel like I’m riding in a banana. | 我觉得我在坐香蕉兜风 |
[12:10] | Oh, come on. It’s a beautiful day. | 别这样嘛 今天天气很好 |
[12:12] | The top is down. | 蓬也敞开了 |
[12:13] | – Feel that wind. – Yeah, | -感受这徐徐微风 -嗯 |
[12:15] | I feel the wind. I just can’t feel my feet. | 能感受到风 也能感受到脚麻了 |
[12:18] | Well, put your seat back. | 把椅子往后调啊 |
[12:19] | If I put it any further back, I’d be in the trunk. | 再往后调一点 我就要坐进后尾箱了 |
[12:22] | Starting to wish I had put you in the trunk. | 我开始后悔一开始怎么没把你塞进后尾箱了 |
[12:27] | What are you doing now? | 你现在又怎么了 |
[12:28] | Keeping the bugs out of my mouth. | 防止虫子飞进我嘴巴 |
[12:34] | Mom, savor this moment. | 妈妈 好好享受这奇迹一刻 |
[12:36] | Can you take me to church? | 你能带我去教会吗 |
[12:38] | Uh, I’m a little busy. | 我有点忙 |
[12:40] | – Can it wait? – No. I’ve come up | -能等会儿吗 -不能 |
[12:42] | with a plan to bolster RadioShack’s market share, | 我想到个计划 能增加睿侠的市场占有率 |
[12:44] | and I need to fax it to corporate. | 我得传真给公司 |
[12:46] | I’ll tell you what, | 这样吧 |
[12:47] | I’ll take it with me in the morning and do it then. | 我明早带去教堂帮你发传真 |
[12:50] | But our stock is in a slump, | 但我们的股票暴跌 |
[12:52] | and CompUSA is nipping at our heels. | 竞争对手康普萨正在急起直追 |
[12:54] | If you really want to be helpful, | 如果你真想帮忙 |
[12:55] | you could set the table. | 就去把餐具摆好 |
[12:57] | Why should I help you with your job | 凭什么要我帮你分担工作 |
[12:58] | if you won’t help me with mine? | 你都不愿意助力我的工作 |
[12:59] | – Sheldon. – This is important. | -谢尔顿 -这很重要 |
[13:01] | My plan is to turn RadioShack into a shopping destination, | 我的计划是将睿侠改造成购物集合体 |
[13:04] | a megastore complete with restaurants | 餐厅 游戏和电子产品一应俱全的 |
[13:07] | and games and electronics. | 大型综合商场 |
[13:08] | Kind of like Six Flags, | 类似六旗游乐园 |
[13:09] | except with less screaming and vomit. | 但没那么多尖叫声和呕吐物 |
[13:11] | I’m not taking you. | 我不会送你去的 |
[13:14] | How can I be a business tycoon | 我怎么可能成为商业大亨 |
[13:16] | if my mommy won’t drive me places? | 我妈咪都不肯开车送我到各个地方 |
[13:21] | George? | 乔治 |
[13:24] | Roy. | 罗伊 |
[13:25] | You work here now? | 你现在在这里工作吗 |
[13:27] | Yeah, just nights and weekends | 是啊 只有晚上和周末 |
[13:29] | since you and the boosters are gunning for my neck. | 毕竟你跟后援会的其他人都想我下岗 |
[13:31] | Hey, it’s nothing personal. | 我们不是针对你 |
[13:33] | Mm, good to know. I’ll be sure | 那就好 我一定会 |
[13:34] | to tell the bank that has my mortgage. | 转告我房贷的那家银行 |
[13:36] | How many losing seasons are we supposed to put up with | 我们还要容忍输掉多少个赛季 |
[13:38] | before we make a change? | 才能做出改革 |
[13:40] | Frankly, I’m surprised you lasted this long. | 老实说 我都没料到你能撑这么久 |
[13:43] | You’re lucky I’m working right now. | 我现在在上班 算你走运 |
[13:45] | I ain’t here to cause trouble. | 我不是来搞事的 |
[13:47] | Something I can help you with? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[13:50] | Just a little fishing tackle. | 就想买点渔具 |
[13:53] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[14:01] | Want to share a pitcher of margaritas? | 想和我分喝一扎玛格丽特酒吗 |
[14:03] | Oh, something we can both enjoy? | 居然点了你我都喜欢的东西 |
[14:05] | That doesn’t sound like you. | 听起来不像你的作风啊 |
[14:07] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[14:09] | Don’t worry about it. | 当我没说 |
[14:11] | What, you-you just gonna sit there | 你打算坐在那里 |
[14:12] | and pout and not tell me? | 气鼓鼓地噘着嘴 也不告诉我吗 |
[14:14] | I was talking about us traveling together, | 我之前提议我们一起去旅行 |
[14:17] | and instead, you went out and bought a yellow clown car. | 然而你却自己跑去买了一辆可笑的黄色跑车 |
[14:20] | You’re the one who told me to go out and have fun with my money. | 是你叫我去花钱给自己买开心的 |
[14:23] | I meant something fun for us. | 我是指能让我俩都开心的事 |
[14:25] | Why us? It’s my money. | 为什么有你 那是我的钱 |
[14:27] | You made that perfectly clear. | 是的 我充分理解了 |
[14:30] | It’s just a car. | 只是一辆车而已 |
[14:31] | It’s not just a car. | 不只是辆车 |
[14:35] | I think you got scared. | 我认为你是害怕了 |
[14:36] | Scared of what? | 我怕什么 |
[14:37] | I was talking about our future, | 我谈到我们的未来 |
[14:39] | and you panicked. | 你就惊慌失措 |
[14:41] | I think I’ve got a successful business | 我倒觉得是我事业有成 |
[14:43] | and my own money and you can’t handle it. | 赚得盆满钵满 而你无法接受 |
[14:45] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[14:46] | Yeah. Really. | 千真万确 |
[14:48] | What can I get started for you? | 二位想先来点什么 |
[14:49] | Actually, I think we’re leaving. | 事实上我们要走了 |
[14:51] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我可没打算走 |
[14:55] | I’ll have the enchiladas. | 我要肉馅玉米卷饼 |
[15:03] | So, I said 70 cents for one or two for a dollar, | 我说一个7毛钱 买两个就1块钱 |
[15:05] | and everyone bought two. | 结果所有人都买了两个 |
[15:07] | People love a deal. | 人人都爱打折 |
[15:08] | I know. I sold out. | 我知道 我全卖光了 |
[15:10] | – Then you got to start charging more. – How much more? | -那你得提价 -提多少 |
[15:13] | Just raise the price a little at a time | 每次升一点点 |
[15:14] | until you see your profits top out. | 直到你发现利润达到最高点 |
[15:16] | I’m learning, but it’s fun. | 我在学习 但居然觉得好好玩 |
[15:18] | This is weird. | 真奇怪哦 |
[15:19] | What do you mean, he hasn’t read my fax? | 你说他还没看我的传真 是什么意思 |
[15:21] | Is he aware I’m a shareholder? | 他知道我是股东吗 |
[15:24] | Well, where’s the next shareholders’ meeting? | 那下一次股东会议在哪里举行 |
[15:27] | Fort Worth? | 沃斯堡 |
[15:28] | I could barely get my mom to drive me to church. | 我连要求我妈开车载我去教堂都难 |
[15:30] | – Think they’d pay a dollar apiece? – Sure. | -你说每个卖一块他们愿意付吗 -当然 |
[15:32] | Just tell them it’s a special limited edition. | 告诉他们是特别限量版就行了 |
[15:35] | People go nuts for that. | 大家一听到限量就失去理智了 |
[15:36] | Like the Shamrock Shake. | 就像幸运草奶昔 |
[15:37] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:38] | Every year, I’m like, “This tastes like toothpaste.” | 我每一年都心想 “味道好像牙膏哦” |
[15:41] | But every year, I buy it. | 但每一年我都屁颠屁颠去买 |
[15:44] | Well, I’ll just tell you, then. | 那我直接跟你说好了 |
[15:46] | Imagine an electronics megastore. | 想像一个电子产品大型综合商场 |
[15:49] | Actually, “Mega” doesn’t cut it. | 不对 用”大型”形容还远远不够 |
[15:50] | Imagine an electronics yottastore. | 想象一个电子产品尧它综合商城 |
[15:54] | Yotta. It’s ten to the 24th power. | 尧它 就是10的24次方 |
[15:57] | No, don’t put me on hold. | 不 别把我切到等待 |
[16:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:11] | So, you weren’t returning my calls. | 你不接我的电话 |
[16:14] | Uh, it’s been kind of crazy around here today. | 今天店里忙得不可开交 |
[16:19] | So, I was thinking about what you were saying last night. | 我思考了一下你昨晚说的话 |
[16:23] | You know, you could’ve just said, | 你其实可以直接说 |
[16:25] | “I don’t want to travel.” | “我不想去旅行”的 |
[16:26] | You’re picturing a future where we slow down, | 你所展望的未来 我们放缓了脚步享受生活 |
[16:29] | and I’m just getting going. | 然而我的事业刚起步 |
[16:31] | Well, I’ve been going for 40 years. | 我已经为工作奔波了40年 |
[16:33] | When George started talking | 乔治开始说起 |
[16:34] | about taking over the store, I-I… | 接手店面时 我就… |
[16:37] | I saw a way out. | 我看到了出路 |
[16:38] | Then do it. | 那就去啊 |
[16:40] | I don’t want to do it without you, dummy. | 没有你 我不想一个人上路 傻瓜 |
[16:43] | Well, then you’re gonna have to wait a little. | 那你得等一阵子了 |
[16:47] | I don’t think I can do that. | 我可能做不到 |
[16:51] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[16:53] | You know I love you, right? | 你知道我爱你 对吧 |
[16:56] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[16:59] | But we’re done. | 但我们结束了 |
[17:12] | My mother would say | 我妈妈会说 |
[17:13] | money is the root of all evil. | 钱是万恶之源 |
[17:15] | But she also said that about The Simpsons. | 但她也是这么说《辛普森一家》的 |
[17:18] | I say money is just a medium of exchange, | 要我说 钱只是一种交换媒介 |
[17:21] | a way of transforming something | 将某样事物 |
[17:22] | into something else. | 变为另一样事物的方式 |
[17:25] | My meemaw bought a sports car | 我姥姥买了一辆跑车 |
[17:26] | and transformed a relationship in the process. | 在这过程中将一段恋情变了质 |
[17:30] | My sister transformed her money into a thriving business | 我妹妹将她的钱转化为蒸蒸日上的事业 |
[17:34] | that was eventually shut down due to an infestation. | 最后因为害虫横行而倒闭停业 |
[17:39] | And for a brief moment, | 而有那么短暂的一刻 |
[17:41] | I became part of my dream company. | 我加入了我梦想中的公司 |
[17:43] | Fun fact: later that year, | 有趣的冷知识 那年稍后 |
[17:45] | RadioShack did open a megastore | 睿侠真的开了一间大型综合商场 |
[17:47] | called Incredible Universe. Turned out | 叫不可思议宇宙 事实证明 |
[17:49] | the only thing incredible about it | 那里唯一能称得上不可思议的 |
[17:51] | was how quickly it closed down. | 是其光速倒闭的速度 |
[17:54] | Oopsie. | 哎哟喂呀 |