时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What is happening to our family? | 我们家到底怎么了啊 |
[00:04] | Mom, getting kicked out of the church. | 妈妈被教会踢出去了 |
[00:06] | Georgie having a baby out of wedlock. | 小乔治未婚得子 |
[00:08] | We really are white trash. | 我们真的是垃圾白人之家呢 |
[00:10] | But the church is still your family. | 但教会依然是你的家人 |
[00:12] | I’d just hate to see you walk away from the Lord. | 我不愿看到你离主而去 |
[00:16] | Feels like he’s walking away from me. | 感觉是祂离我而去了 |
[00:24] | You looking for a new church? | 你有在找新教会吗 |
[00:26] | Not yet. | 还没呢 |
[00:27] | ‘Cause I can see you going Catholic. | 我能看出你有改信天主教的潜质 |
[00:29] | You got a “get thee to a nunnery” vibe. | 你身上有一股”看破红尘 投身修女”的气息 |
[00:34] | Oh. Mom. Really? | 老妈 你不是吧 |
[00:36] | Passion’s Harvest? | 《热情的大丰收》 |
[00:38] | The main character’s name is Passion. | 女主的名字叫热情 |
[00:41] | She’s inherited her daddy’s farm, | 她继承了她爸爸的农场 |
[00:44] | and there’s a stud in the stable. | 而马厩里有一匹”猛马” |
[00:46] | Oh, that’s terrible. | 这剧情也太糟糕了吧 |
[00:48] | Read it, then tell me how terrible it is. | 你读完再来告诉我到底有多”糟糕” |
[00:51] | I’m not reading this trash. | 我才不要读这种垃圾文学 |
[00:53] | So you’re literally judging a book by its cover? | 你真的就以貌取人 以皮论书了呗 |
[00:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:58] | Fine. I’ll give it a look. | 我服了 容我一读 |
[01:01] | How come you’ve dog-eared all these pages? | 你为什么把这么多页都折记号了 |
[01:04] | You’ll see. | 到时候你就知道了 |
[01:06] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:09] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:12] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:15] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:17] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:25] | Ethically, can science ever go too far? | 从伦理上来说 科学是否存在不可逾越的界限 |
[01:30] | Just because we can do something, | 只因为我们有能力做到 |
[01:32] | does that mean we should do something? | 就代表我们一定得将其实现吗 |
[01:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:36] | I haven’t finished. | 我还没说完呢 |
[01:38] | I’m sorry, go on. | 抱歉 您继续 |
[01:39] | Ethically, should science have any limitations? | 伦理上来看 科学该有界限吗 |
[01:43] | No. | 不应该 |
[01:45] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[01:46] | What about human cloning? | 那你觉得克隆人如何呢 |
[01:49] | More of me? Yes, please. | 复制更多的我吗 多多益善啊 |
[01:51] | Well, what about more of everyone else? | 那如果其他人也都会倍增呢 |
[01:54] | No, thank you. | 别了吧 谢了 |
[01:55] | What about, uh, dinosaurs? | 那恐龙呢 |
[01:58] | Herbivores, yes. Carnivores, no. | 草食恐龙没问题 肉食恐龙算了吧 |
[02:00] | Well, what about the herbivores who can squash you like a bug? | 那些能把你像虫子一样一脚踩扁的草食恐龙呢 |
[02:04] | Good point. No dinosaurs. | 有道理 不要恐龙了 |
[02:06] | So, cloning is unethical? | 所以克隆生物是不合伦理的 |
[02:09] | Right. | 对 |
[02:10] | But what if we were to clone Albert Einstein? | 但如果我们是克隆爱因斯坦呢 |
[02:13] | That would be swell. | 那真是天大的喜事啊 |
[02:14] | At some point, I’m going to need a sidekick. | 总有一天我肯定是会需要一个小帮手的 |
[02:16] | So, cloning is ethical? | 所以现在克隆又合乎伦理啦 |
[02:17] | Right, because Albert Einstein, unlike the dinosaur, | 对 因为爱因斯坦不像恐龙 |
[02:20] | harmed no one. | 不会伤害任何人 |
[02:21] | I think the victims of the atomic bomb, | 爱因斯坦的发现协助创造后来的原子弹 |
[02:23] | which his discoveries helped create, might disagree. | 我猜弹下亡魂应该会对复不复制他投反对票 |
[02:27] | So, what’s the right answer? | 所以正确的答案是什么呢 |
[02:29] | That’s why we’re here, to find that out. | 这就是我们今天上课的原因 要来寻找答案 |
[02:33] | Why don’t you just tell us? | 你直接告诉我们答案不就好了吗 |
[02:34] | – Why don’t you? – I asked you first. | -那你怎么不回答呢 -我先问的你 |
[02:36] | You’re it, no backsies. | 那我再问你 禁止长捉 |
[02:42] | This is such trash. | 这是什么垃圾啊 |
[02:43] | ♪ You can’t judge an apple by looking at a tree ♪ | ♪ 你不能光看树来评断苹果甜不甜 ♪ |
[02:47] | ♪ You can’t judge honey by looking at the bee… ♪ | ♪ 你不能光看蜂来评断蜂蜜甜不甜 ♪ |
[02:50] | Oh, Passion, not the stable. | 热情 别在马厩里吧 |
[02:52] | That’s where the horses do their business. | 马才在里面”搞”这种事 |
[02:55] | ♪ You can’t judge a book by looking at the cover ♪ | ♪ 你不能看封面来评断书好不好 ♪ |
[02:59] | All night long? Who wants that? | 一整夜不停吗 谁想要这么累啊 |
[03:02] | Who’s in there? | 谁在里面 |
[03:03] | Uh, me. | 我 |
[03:04] | I’ll just be a minute. | 我很快就出来 |
[03:05] | I really need to go! | 我真的要憋不住了 |
[03:06] | It’s occupied! | 厕所还能两个人挤吗 |
[03:08] | ♪ I look like a farmer… But I’m a lover… ♪ | ♪ 我看起来像个农人 但其实我是爱人 ♪ |
[03:11] | I could write a better book than this. | 我能写出比这更好的东西 |
[03:13] | Mom! | 妈 |
[03:24] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[03:26] | I was at the grocery store and I picked some things up for you. | 我去超市买东西 顺便给你带了点东西 |
[03:29] | Thanks, but I can buy my own groceries. | 谢谢 但我自己能买 |
[03:32] | I know, but you’re eating for two. | 我知道 但你一人吃两人补嘛 |
[03:34] | I thought I should help out. | 我觉得我应该帮帮忙 |
[03:37] | Three kinds of pickles? | 三种腌菜吗 |
[03:39] | Everybody knows pregnant ladies like those. | 大家都知道孕妇就爱吃这种东西 |
[03:41] | Okay, I’m throwing up enough as it is. | 谢谢你啊 我已经吐够多了 |
[03:45] | Why is it so dark in there? | 为什么里面这么暗啊 |
[03:47] | No reason. | 没什么原因 |
[03:48] | What’s with the candles? Are you on a date? | 怎么还点蜡烛了 你在约会吗 |
[03:51] | You think I’d dress like this on a date? | 你觉得我会穿成这样跟人约会吗 |
[03:53] | I think you look good. | 我觉得你这样也很好看啊 |
[03:54] | Well, I don’t, and if I was on a date, | 并不好看 而且就算我在约会 |
[03:56] | it’d be none of your business. | 你也没有资格过问 |
[03:57] | Then why are you sitting in the dark? | 那到底为什么家里黑灯瞎火 |
[04:01] | Okay. It’s not a big deal. | 好啦 也不是什么大事 |
[04:02] | I was a little short on the power bill this month. | 我这个月电费有点没钱交 |
[04:05] | How come? | 怎么会这样 |
[04:06] | Well, waiting tables and morning sickness, | 当服务员与孕吐这两件事合在一起 |
[04:08] | not a great combination. | 你猜结果会如何 |
[04:10] | Definitely got reflected in my tips. | 从收到的小费就能看出来 |
[04:13] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[04:14] | I’ll pay to get your power turned back on. | 我会帮你付电费让你家里有电 |
[04:16] | I’m not a charity case. I can figure this out on my own. | 我不需要慈善救济 我能自己解决 |
[04:19] | But you can’t even watch TV. | 但你连电视都不能看了 |
[04:20] | – What kind of life is that? – It’s fine. | -这过的是什么悲惨人生啊 -真的没事 |
[04:22] | I can hear the neighbors fight. That’s almost as good as TV. | 我能听到邻居的吵架声 跟电视差不多精彩 |
[04:25] | Hmm. Well, I’ll leave you with this. | 来 东西就给你啦 |
[04:27] | There’s some ice cream in there. | 里面有冰激凌 |
[04:28] | You might want to make that a priority. | 你可能得先解决掉它们 |
[04:30] | Okay. Good night. | 好 晚安啦 |
[04:32] | I got you the kind with three different flavors | 我给你买了有三种口味的那种综合冰激凌 |
[04:33] | ’cause I didn’t know what you liked. | 因为我不知道你喜欢哪种口味 |
[04:35] | – Bye. – It’s chocolate, vanilla and pink. | -再见 -是巧克力 香草与粉色口味 |
[04:42] | Chapter one. | 第一章 |
[04:46] | When Marie stepped into the bar, she knew she looked good. | 马莉踏进酒吧的那一刻 她感受到全场对她的瞩目 |
[04:50] | But not in a vulgar way, | 不是无礼的淫邪眼神 |
[04:52] | more for what she didn’t show than what she did. | 比起盯着露出的美好 更多是对衣袍底下的遐想 |
[05:08] | – Well, hello. – Hi. | -你好啊 美人 -你好 |
[05:10] | Dusty. | 我叫大灰 |
[05:13] | That’s not a name. | 这才不是名字 |
[05:14] | That’s a poorly kept house. | 这是没人打扫的房子称呼 |
[05:17] | What’s your mother call you? | 你母亲叫你什么 |
[05:20] | Dustin. | 达辉 |
[05:22] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[05:24] | And you are? | 美人芳名 |
[05:26] | – Marie. – Marie. | -马莉 -马莉 |
[05:30] | What are you drinking, Marie? | 你喝什么呢 马莉 |
[05:33] | A dirty martini. | 干马丁尼 |
[05:36] | Really? How dirty? | 是吗 怎么”干” |
[05:39] | Very. | 很猛的那种 |
[05:47] | – Sheldon? – Dr. Sturgis. | -谢尔顿 -斯特吉斯博士 |
[05:49] | I don’t think I can do the assignment. | 我觉得我写不了这作业 |
[05:51] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[05:52] | Just pick either side of any ethical argument and present it. | 任何伦理议题 选好一边立场 然后报告啊 |
[05:56] | But how do I know which argument to present? | 但我怎么知道该选哪个议题呢 |
[05:57] | Any one you want. | 任何你想要的议题 |
[05:59] | And how do I know which side to take? | 那我怎么知道该选哪一边呢 |
[06:01] | Any side you want. | 你想要的任何一边 |
[06:03] | But I want to take the right side. | 但我想选择对的那边 |
[06:04] | Maybe there is no right side. | 或许并不存在对的那边 |
[06:08] | This is torture, and that can’t be ethical. | 太折磨人了 这绝对不道德吧 |
[06:10] | There you go! You picked a subject. | 这就对啦 你选出了一个议题 |
[06:12] | And a side. | 而且选了边 |
[06:14] | Oh. Good. Torture is unethical. | 太好了 折磨是不道德的 |
[06:16] | That’s clearly the correct position. | 这绝对是对的一方 |
[06:18] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[06:20] | But what if there’s a bomb hidden underneath the city | 但如果城市的地下藏了一个炸弹 |
[06:24] | and someone says that the only way to find out its location | 而唯一找出来正确地点的方式 |
[06:28] | is through torture? | 就是折磨犯人呢 |
[06:29] | Answer that. | 请回答 |
[06:31] | Let’s see. | 我想想 |
[06:32] | Batman plays by Gotham City rules and would use torture, | 蝙蝠侠行事按哥谭法则 绝对会严刑拷打 |
[06:35] | but Superman’s got those Midwest values. | 但超人就很按中西部传统保守价值观 |
[06:38] | I hate ethics! | 我恨伦理题 |
[06:44] | Haven’t seen you here before. | 没在这里见过你呢 |
[06:46] | Well, I’m just passing through. | 我只是个路过这里的过客 |
[06:49] | Tonight, I’m here. | 今晚 我在此处 |
[06:51] | Tomorrow, who knows. | 明天 谁知我在何方 |
[06:53] | Guess we’ll have to make the most of tonight, then. | 缘份令我们相会 今晚必定要”功德圆满” |
[06:57] | I guess so. | 看来是的 |
[06:59] | What do you say… | 你说… |
[07:01] | we get out of here? | 我们离开这里可好 |
[07:03] | What do you have in mind? | 你有什么计划呢 |
[07:06] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[07:07] | I was thinking maybe we take a walk. | 或许我们可以去散散步 |
[07:09] | You can tell me more about your hopes and dreams. | 你再跟我多说说你的梦想与抱负 |
[07:12] | What’s going on in here… | 巨细无遗 从上… |
[07:14] | and all the way down here. | 到下 |
[07:18] | You really want that? | 你真的会想听吗 |
[07:21] | To know who you really are? | 真正地了解你 |
[07:23] | There’s nothing I want more. | 这是这世上我最想要的事 |
[07:27] | Oh, my. | 要命了 |
[07:35] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:36] | Hey. This is a surprise. | 稀客稀客啊 |
[07:38] | Sorry to just drop in. | 抱歉没打招呼就来 |
[07:39] | No. No, it’s okay. | 没 完全没关系 |
[07:41] | Let me just… | 等我… |
[07:43] | Sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[07:44] | The cleaning lady didn’t come today. | 我的打扫女工今天还没来上班 |
[07:46] | – Your mother? – Good one. | -你妈妈吗 -好哏 |
[07:49] | So, what’s going on? | 所以有什么事吗 |
[07:54] | So, you know how I said I had everything under control? | 你还记得我跟你说我自己能解决吗 |
[07:57] | – Yeah. – Things have changed. | -记得 -情况有变 |
[07:59] | I wasn’t just short on the power bill. | 我不只是交不起电费 |
[08:01] | I was also short on the rent, | 我也交不起房租 |
[08:03] | and, uh, now I’m short on a place to live. | 我现在还没地方住了 |
[08:07] | Oh, okay, well, you’re welcome to stay here. | 没事啊 欢迎你住过来 |
[08:10] | Mi garage, su garage. | 我的车库 就是你的车库 |
[08:12] | – It’d just be for a little while. – Stay as long as you need. | -我就暂住一阵 -想住多久都行 |
[08:15] | You got stuff in your car? Should I go get it? | 你东西在车里吗 我去帮你搬吧 |
[08:18] | Yeah, about that, um… | 这个嘛… |
[08:20] | All my stuff’s in the apartment and my landlord padlocked it. | 我的东西全被我房东锁在公寓里了 |
[08:24] | That ain’t right. | 这样太过分了吧 |
[08:25] | He said when I pay the back rent he’ll let me in. | 他说等我付清房租就让我进去拿 |
[08:27] | Hell with that, I’ll go get your stuff. | 管他的 我去帮你拿东西 |
[08:30] | How are you gonna do that? | 你要怎么拿 |
[08:31] | Don’t you worry about it, make yourself comfortable. | 不用你担心 你自己找舒服的地方坐 |
[08:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:35] | Oh, you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[08:37] | You want some SpaghettiOs? | 想吃点罐头通心粉吗 |
[08:40] | I’m sorry, that was rude. | 抱歉 我太失礼啦 |
[08:44] | There’s your clean spoon. | 给你放了干净的汤匙 |
[08:54] | – Can I change the channel? – Well, I’m watching this. | -我能转台吗 -我正在看这台呢 |
[08:58] | I miss when you had a real job and were gone more. | 我好怀念你有正经工作常不在家的日子 |
[09:02] | Can you two help me with my homework? | 你们能帮忙我的作业吗 |
[09:05] | Did I hear him right? | 我没听错吧 |
[09:06] | Yeah, he asked for help. | 没听错 他来搬救兵了 |
[09:08] | – With his schoolwork? – Yep. | -而且是帮忙他的作业 -对啊 |
[09:10] | – How long have you known him? – All my life. | -你认识他多久了 -打从我自娘胎出来 |
[09:12] | – Has he ever asked for help? – No. | -他有寻求过帮助吗 -从未有过 |
[09:14] | – Hello. – Hang on. | -好了没 -你等等 |
[09:16] | Is this some kind of prank? | 他是不是想整我们啊 |
[09:17] | It’s not a prank. I just need help with my homework. | 这不是整人 我只是作业有地方需要帮助 |
[09:20] | – Did a bully take it from you? – No. | -是有恶霸抢走了你作业吗 -不是 |
[09:23] | Is it real heavy? You need help lifting it? | 还是作业很重 你需要有人帮忙搬 |
[09:24] | No, I need your opinion on an ethical dilemma. | 不是 我需要你们在伦理难题上给意见 |
[09:27] | Should robots have the same rights as humans? | 机器人应该跟人类平权吗 |
[09:30] | That depends. | 看情况 |
[09:31] | What’s “ethical” mean? | “伦理”是什么意思 |
[09:47] | Don’t shoot! I’m not a robber! | 别开枪 我不是贼 |
[09:50] | Turn around real slow. | 慢慢转过身来 |
[09:55] | How’s this? ‘Cause I can go slower. | 这速度怎么样 我还能再更慢 |
[09:57] | You picked the wrong apartment, little man. | 你选错地方了 年轻人 |
[10:01] | Ain’t this 208? | 这不是208室吗 |
[10:02] | It’s 207. | 这里是207室 |
[10:04] | I’m in the wrong apartment. | 我来错了公寓 |
[10:06] | I just said that. | 我刚刚才这么说 |
[10:07] | I can explain. | 我能解释 |
[10:08] | My girlfriend– well, she’s not really my girlfriend, | 我女朋友 其实她不是我女朋友了 |
[10:11] | but she’s having my baby. | 她怀了我的孩子 |
[10:13] | She got evicted, | 她欠租被赶走 |
[10:13] | and I came to get her stuff. | 我是来帮她拿回行李的 |
[10:17] | Are you talking about Mandy? | 你说的是曼蒂吗 |
[10:19] | Yes. | 对 |
[10:20] | You’re the dumb bastard that knocked her up? | 你就是那个搞大她肚子的傻逼 |
[10:22] | Yes, that’s me! Not a robber, dumb bastard! | 对 就是我 不是贼 是傻逼 |
[10:25] | Aw, hell. | 我去 |
[10:28] | Put your hands down. | 把手放下来吧 |
[10:30] | I ain’t gonna shoot you. | 我不会开枪打你的 |
[10:35] | I saw the padlock on her door. | 我看到她门上的锁了 |
[10:38] | Yeah, and all her stuff’s in there. | 对 她所有家当都在里面 |
[10:41] | I came to get it for her. | 我来帮她拿出来 |
[10:42] | I like that girl. | 我喜欢那女孩 |
[10:44] | She’s a good one. | 她是个好姑娘 |
[10:46] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[10:47] | Why don’t you marry her? | 那你为什么不跟她结婚 |
[10:48] | I’m trying. She don’t want to. | 我想娶她啊 但她不想嫁我 |
[10:50] | So, you think getting her toothbrush’s gonna change that? | 你以为帮她拿回牙刷就能让她改变心意吗 |
[10:55] | Couldn’t hurt. | 总不会有坏处吧 |
[10:57] | So, what do you say, can I go? | 我可以走了吗 |
[11:00] | Yeah. | 可以啊 |
[11:01] | Thank you, sir. Good night, sir. | 谢谢你 大哥 晚安 大哥 |
[11:02] | Sorry to bother you, sir. | 很抱歉打扰你了 大哥 |
[11:06] | Nice kid. | 小伙子挺好的 |
[11:09] | Glad I didn’t kill him. | 幸好我没一枪打死他 |
[11:13] | Sometimes I feel like, at my age, | 有时我觉得 我活到这把年纪 |
[11:17] | I should have everything all figured out. | 早该看透人生了 |
[11:19] | But I don’t. | 但我并没有 |
[11:21] | Nobody has it all figured out. | 没人能看透人生 |
[11:24] | You ever get scared? | 你有没有害怕过 |
[11:25] | Oh, yeah. All the time. | 当然有 时刻都感到害怕 |
[11:28] | I mean, like right now, I… | 比如此刻 |
[11:31] | I’m scared you won’t like me. | 我就怕你会不喜欢我 |
[11:34] | Oh, Dusty. | 大灰 |
[11:37] | You don’t have to worry about that. | 你完全不用担心这一点 |
[11:41] | You promise? | 你保证吗 |
[11:43] | With God as my witness. | 上帝可以作证 |
[11:46] | Well, I hope he’s not watching right now, | 那希望祂老人家现在没在看 |
[11:49] | ’cause I’m about to kiss you. | 因为我要吻你了 |
[11:53] | What you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[11:53] | Oh. Uh, just making a list of chores | 就是列一下 |
[11:57] | that need to get done. | 要干的家务活儿 |
[11:59] | Well, that doesn’t sound like fun. | 听起来不太有意思 |
[12:02] | Well… | 其实 |
[12:04] | one of them is. | 有一件活儿很有意思 |
[12:05] | I’ll get to the rain gutters. | 我会去修雨水槽的 |
[12:07] | You just got to… | 你只用… |
[12:12] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[12:13] | Why don’t you come to the bedroom and find out? | 你来卧室就知道有什么情况了 |
[12:18] | Weird day. | 今天真神奇 |
[12:20] | Did you have any problems getting into the apartment? | 你潜进公寓 有没有遇到麻烦 |
[12:23] | No. | 没有啊 |
[12:24] | In the right window, out the right window. | 进出都没有爬错窗口 |
[12:26] | Easy peasy. | 轻而易举 |
[12:27] | You can hang your dresses and whatnot on the barbell. | 你的裙子那些可以挂在杠铃上 |
[12:30] | Fancy. | 太洋气了 |
[12:32] | So we’re clear, uh, | 先把话说清楚 |
[12:34] | just ’cause we’re sleeping together | 虽然我们一起睡觉 |
[12:36] | doesn’t mean we’re… “sleeping” together. | 但不代表会一起”睡觉” |
[12:39] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[12:40] | If you want, you can take the bed and I’ll sleep on the floor. | 如果你想 你可以睡床 我打地铺就好 |
[12:42] | Oh, I can’t ask you to do that. | 我不能得寸进尺 |
[12:44] | It’s okay. I got a sleeping bag, and I’m young. | 没事 我有睡袋 而且我还年轻 |
[12:48] | We’ll share the bed, just, uh, keep your hands to yourself. | 我们一起睡床吧 但你的手不准乱摸 |
[12:51] | Works both ways. You keep your hands to yourself. | 反过来也一样 你也管好你的手 |
[12:54] | I’ll manage. | 我能管好 |
[12:55] | Well, if you find you can’t, that’s okay, too. | 如果你情难自禁 我也没有意见啦 |
[12:58] | Hey, uh, what’s the bathroom situation? | 对了 上厕所怎么解决 |
[13:00] | Oh, I pay rent. You can use the one in the house. | 我有付房租 你可以使用屋子里的卫生间 |
[13:02] | Good, I was afraid you were gonna say that sink. | 那就好 我还担心你会叫我尿在那个洗手池里 |
[13:06] | The sink? | 洗手池 |
[13:07] | That’s kind of gross. | 那多恶心啊 |
[13:09] | I’ll be right back. | 我出去一下 |
[13:15] | Looks like you’re just a sink again. | 看来你只能当回单纯的洗手池了 |
[13:23] | Oh, George. | 乔治 |
[13:24] | Mm, you like that? | 你喜欢这招吗 |
[13:25] | I love that. | 我爱死了 |
[13:27] | How about we turn the lights off? | 要不把灯关了吧 |
[13:28] | Yes, please. | 快去 |
[13:29] | Tickles! | 好痒 |
[13:31] | Get out. Get out. | 出去 你出去 |
[13:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:33] | I’m using the sink. | 我要用洗手池 |
[13:35] | Sweet. | 太好了 |
[13:40] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早安 -早上好 |
[13:42] | Did someone have a sleepover? | 有人来过夜啦 |
[13:44] | Mandy’s gonna be staying with me for a little bit. | 曼蒂会在我那暂住一阵子 |
[13:46] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[13:48] | It’s not like that. | 不是你想的那样 |
[13:49] | Didn’t say it was. | 我也没说是啊 |
[13:51] | Go ahead and take a seat, I’ll make you some scrambled eggs. | 你去坐吧 我给你做炒蛋 |
[13:53] | Since when do you make eggs? | 你几时学会烹饪鸡蛋了 |
[13:55] | I can make eggs. | 我当然会做鸡蛋 |
[13:56] | He can’t make eggs. | 他不会做鸡蛋 |
[13:57] | Actually, my stomach’s a little queasy. | 其实我有点反胃 |
[13:59] | How about just some toast? | 我吃点烤吐司就行了 |
[14:00] | Great. Toast, I can do. | 好啊 我可以烤吐司 |
[14:03] | Good morning, everyone. | 各位家人早上好 |
[14:05] | Niblingo. | 侄手足家长 |
[14:06] | I’m sorry, what? | 你说什么 |
[14:07] | It’s an honorific I came up with to | 这是我想出来的敬称 |
[14:09] | describe a woman who’s carrying my future niece or nephew | 用来形容怀了我未来侄子或侄女 |
[14:11] | but is not related to me by law. | 但和我没有姻亲关系的女性 |
[14:13] | You remember Sheldon. | 你记得我们家的奇葩谢尔顿吧 |
[14:15] | I do. | 永生难忘 |
[14:16] | Yeah. | 就是说 |
[14:17] | I’m glad you’re here. | 你在这里太好了 |
[14:18] | I have a question about robot ethics | 我有个关于机器人伦理的问题 |
[14:19] | I was hoping you could help me with. | 希望你能帮我解答 |
[14:21] | Sheldon, leave her alone. | 谢尔顿 别烦她好吗 |
[14:22] | No, it’s okay, he can ask me a question. | 没事啊 他可以问我 |
[14:25] | I’m his, uh… What am I? | 毕竟我是他的… 叫什么来着 |
[14:27] | – Niblingo. – Niblingo. What’s your question? | -侄手足家长 -侄手足家长 你想问什么 |
[14:30] | Ethically, should a robot be programmed to never kill, | 从伦理上讲 是否应该将机器人设计成不能杀人 |
[14:33] | even if killing would save lives? | 就算杀人能拯救生命 |
[14:35] | Where’s the dang toaster? | 烤吐司机放哪啦 |
[14:36] | Welcome to breakfast at our house. | 欢迎来到库珀家早餐 |
[14:49] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[14:50] | What? What? Where? | 什么 哪里着火了 |
[14:52] | You know, thanks for keeping an eye on things. | 谢谢你有盯好商品免遭小偷啊 |
[14:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:56] | I didn’t get much sleep. | 我昨晚没怎么睡 |
[14:58] | Oh, you and Mary fighting again? | 你和玛丽又吵架了 |
[14:59] | Oh, no, we’re getting along real good. | 不是 我们相处得很好 |
[15:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:02] | I mean… real good. | “彻夜不眠”那种好 |
[15:05] | Yeah. I-I said okay. | 真的不用展开细说 |
[15:07] | It’s like she’s a different person. | 她就像变了一个人似的 |
[15:09] | That reminds me of a film. | 你这么说我想起了一部电影 |
[15:11] | A lady fell off a boat, she hit her head, | 一个女人从船上跌落 撞到头 |
[15:14] | and when she woke up, she was a completely different person. | 她醒来后 性情大变 |
[15:18] | What’s your point? | 你到底想说什么 |
[15:19] | Did Mary fall off a boat recently? | 玛丽最近有从船上掉下来吗 |
[15:21] | – Not that I know of. – Well, you should ask her. | -据我所知没有 -那你应该问问她啊 |
[15:23] | We’re not boat people, Dale. | 你几时见我们坐过船 戴尔 |
[15:25] | Something strange is going on in the bedroom. | 最近卧室里的情况不寻常 |
[15:28] | Uh-huh. | 是吗 |
[15:29] | I mean, I’m happy about it. | 我是没有意见啦 |
[15:30] | You know, it’s actually pretty great. | 其实我爽死了 |
[15:33] | I just… | 我只是… |
[15:34] | I don’t understand why. | 不明白为什么会这样 |
[15:37] | See, now I’m with you there. | 这我知道 |
[15:39] | When I was married to June, | 我和琼还是夫妻时 |
[15:40] | she was going through the change. Hmm. | 她曾经历过这种变化 |
[15:42] | She became downright frisky. | 她变得非常饥渴 |
[15:45] | I think Mary’s a little young for the change. | 玛丽还没到如狼似虎的”那个期”吧 |
[15:47] | Well, you’d think. | 按理说是的 |
[15:48] | Nature’s curious. | 但世界之大无奇不有 |
[15:50] | I went to school with a kid whose hair turned gray | 我有一个同学 上高一时 |
[15:52] | in the tenth grade. | 头发就变白了 |
[15:54] | – We called him Whitey. – Clever. | -我们叫他”白佬” -好妙的外号 |
[15:56] | He used to buy us liquor. | 他以前经常装成大人帮我们买酒 |
[15:59] | Oh, anyway, | 总之 |
[16:00] | what I’m saying is that | 我想说的是 |
[16:01] | have the family medic do a once-over on her. | 你最好叫家庭医生帮她做次全身检查 |
[16:04] | You know, kick the tires, see how she’s rolling. | 好好看看她哪里出了毛病 |
[16:06] | Yeah, thanks, Dale. | 谢你全家啊 戴尔 |
[16:08] | I tell you my wife wants to have sex with me, | 我告诉你我老婆想跟我打炮 |
[16:09] | you tell me she needs to see a doctor. | 你就说她需要看医生 |
[16:11] | Well, I’m sorry. | 我真是失礼了 |
[16:12] | You making a woman hot, that’s completely normal. | 你让女人欲火焚身可太正常不过了 |
[16:21] | Hey. | 我回来了 |
[16:22] | I thought you were working. | 我以为你还在上班 |
[16:25] | Oh, I’m on lunch break. | 现在是午休 |
[16:27] | Brought you something to eat. | 我给你带了点吃的 |
[16:28] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:30] | Oh, I also got you some ginger ale for your tummy. | 我还拿了些姜汁汽水 让你的胃舒服点 |
[16:34] | Why do you look like you’re gonna cry? | 你怎么看起来快哭的样子 |
[16:37] | ‘Cause I am. | 因为人家就是快哭了 |
[16:39] | What’s wrong? | 出什么问题了 |
[16:41] | My whole life. | 我整个人生都出大问题了 |
[16:43] | A year ago, I was a TV weather girl in San Antonio, | 一年前 我还是圣安东尼奥市的气象女孩 |
[16:47] | and now I’m living in a garage with the 17-year-old | 现在我却和搞大我肚子的17岁男孩 |
[16:49] | who got me pregnant. | 住在车库里 |
[16:50] | I’ll be 18 before you know it. | 我很快就满18岁了哦 |
[16:52] | But not before you’re a father! | 但在那之前你就当爹了 |
[16:54] | Okay, well, what can I do? | 好吧 那我能做些什么 |
[16:56] | Nothing, you’re doing great. | 什么都不用做 你已经做得很棒了 |
[16:59] | That’s how screwed up my life is right now, | 这说明我现在的生活有多糟糕 |
[17:00] | you’re the best part of it. | 你竟然已是我生命中最美好的那部分 |
[17:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你这样说 |
[17:05] | I’m really trying. | 我真的很努力了 |
[17:07] | I know you are. | 我知道 |
[17:10] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[17:13] | Is it? | 真的吗 |
[17:15] | I peed in the sink last night. | 我昨晚甚至在洗手池里尿尿了 |
[17:19] | Trust me, I’ll fix this. | 相信我 我会解决这问题 |
[17:22] | Now, here’s the guest room. | 这里就是客房 |
[17:25] | Make yourself at home. | 你当自己家就好 不用拘束 |
[17:27] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[17:28] | It’s only temporary, I promise. | 我只是暂住一阵子 我保证 |
[17:30] | Oh, no problem. | 我不介意啊 |
[17:31] | Stay as long as you need. | 你需要住多久都可以 |
[17:33] | Bathroom’s right down the hall. | 卫生间就在走廊尽头 |
[17:34] | Oh, boy, a bathroom. | 太好了 有正经卫生间 |
[17:37] | I’ll go get the rest of your stuff. | 我去把你剩下的东西都拿过来 |
[17:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:40] | Question about your TV… | 对了 你的电视机 |
[17:41] | – I want it. – Gotcha. | -我想要 -没问题 |
[17:44] | I started working on this presentation | 我一开始准备的发言内容 |
[17:45] | to address specific ethical dilemmas. | 是思考如何解决特定的伦理难题 |
[17:48] | The laws of robotics, | 机器人定律 |
[17:49] | whether torture can be justified, | 折磨是否正当 |
[17:51] | and cloning people for fun and spare parts. | 为了好玩和备用器官而克隆人 |
[17:54] | But I realized before resolving | 但在解决这些道德困境前 |
[17:55] | any of these moral quandaries, the real decision is | 我意识到 真正的决定是 |
[17:58] | who gets to decide. | 谁有资格做出决定 |
[17:59] | Do we put it up for a vote? | 大家投票表决吗 |
[18:01] | Does everyone get to decide for themselves? | 每个人都能自主决定吗 |
[18:03] | Should it be by committee? | 该由委员会来决定吗 |
[18:05] | Is that committee elected or appointed? | 那委员会成员是被选出来的还是任命的呢 |
[18:07] | You see where I’m going? You probably don’t. | 你们明白我想说什么吗 估计你们跟不上 |
[18:10] | For the smartest decision, | 我们需要最聪明的人 |
[18:11] | we need the smartest person. | 来做出最明智的决定 |
[18:13] | Ladies and gentlemen, in the field of scientific ethics, | 女士们先生们 在科学伦理这一领域 |
[18:15] | we can’t rely on | 我们不能依靠 |
[18:17] | democracy or plutocracy. | 民主制度或财阀当政 |
[18:19] | We need an autocracy, | 我们需要独裁政府 |
[18:20] | or to be more precise, a “Sheldocracy.” | 或者说得更具体一些 就是”谢尔顿独裁” |
[18:26] | Um, I don’t think this was the assignment. | 我布置的作业好像不是这个 |
[18:29] | Sorry, Dr. Sturgis, I pick the assignments now. | 抱歉 斯特吉斯博士 现在由我来选作业 |
[18:32] | Everybody, for next class, | 各位同学 下一节课 |
[18:33] | I want 500 words on what you can do | 交500字作业 说说你能做些什么 |
[18:35] | to further the Sheldocracy. | 来推进谢尔顿独裁 |
[18:36] | Punishment for typos will be severe. | 如出现拼写错误 会遭到严厉惩罚 |
[18:38] | Class dismissed. | 各位同学 下课 |
[18:39] | Hey, that’s my line. | 那是我的台词 |
[18:40] | No, it isn’t. | 才不是 |
[18:42] | Why don’t you see me after class. | 你下课后来找我接受训话 |
[18:45] | Class dismissed. | 各位同学 下课 |
[18:52] | And I’m telling you, | 你要明白 |
[18:54] | your feelings are valid. | 你的感受并不是无理取闹 |
[18:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道啦 |
[19:01] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[19:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:08] | Now, tell me about the rest of your day. | 告诉我 你今天过得怎么样 |
[19:11] | Dusty… | 大灰 |
[19:13] | I think I’m done talking. | 我已经说得够多的了 |
[19:18] | Do you mean…? | 你意思是… |
[19:20] | I do. | 没错 |
[19:26] | Mom, I’ve really got to go! | 妈妈 我快憋不住了 |
[19:28] | Use the sink in the garage! | 去车库的洗手池解决 |