时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So I told my folks about the baby. | 我跟爸妈说了孩子的事 |
[00:04] | And? | 怎么样 |
[00:06] | They told me I’m on my own. | 他们说我只能靠自己 |
[00:07] | They want nothing to do with me. | 他们不想和我有任何瓜葛 |
[00:08] | Give it a minute. They still might come around. | 再等等看吧 他们仍有可能回心转意 |
[00:11] | I didn’t even get to the part where the father’s 17 years old. | 我都还没来得及说 孩子爹只有17岁 |
[00:14] | Something fun for next time. | 那下次还有好玩的猛料可爆 |
[00:16] | Welcome to King Kong Comics. I’m Missy. | 欢迎光临金刚漫画 我是米希 |
[00:18] | If you have any questions, please let me know. | 你有什么问题可以随时找我 |
[00:20] | I don’t have any questions, | 我没有问题 |
[00:21] | I know more about comic books than you do. | 我比你更了解漫画 |
[00:23] | Cool. If you need something, | 好吧 如果你有什么需要 |
[00:24] | I’ll be at the front counter… where I work. | 就到柜台找我 那是我工作的地方 |
[00:30] | This is nice. | 这里挺不错啊 |
[00:32] | Yep. But it’s not a date. | 是啊 但这不是约会 |
[00:34] | – Just dinner. – Right. | -只是吃个晚饭 -好的 |
[00:36] | – For two people having a baby. – Georgie… | -两个要有宝宝的人一起吃 -小乔治 |
[00:38] | Who recently spent a night of lovemaking together. | 前不久的某一晚还爽了爽 |
[00:41] | Please stop. | 你快住嘴吧 |
[00:42] | I just want to know what we’re doing here. | 我就是想确定一下这餐饭的定义 |
[00:43] | We’re having dinner, | 我们就是共进晚餐 |
[00:45] | and I’m ordering two desserts. | 而且我会点两份点心 |
[00:46] | Don’t complicate it. | 不要搞复杂了 |
[00:49] | Oh, no. | 靠 |
[00:50] | What? | 怎么啦 |
[00:51] | My parents. | 我父母 |
[00:56] | Cool. Should we say hi? | 真巧 要去打个招呼吗 |
[00:58] | We should run. | 我们应该赶紧跑 |
[01:07] | Oh, just stop it. | 别招了 |
[01:09] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:12] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:15] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:18] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:21] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:29] | Hi, Mom. | 老妈 |
[01:31] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[01:33] | Amanda. | 阿曼达 |
[01:34] | Hey, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[01:35] | This is my, uh… | 这是我的… |
[01:38] | This is Georgie. | 他叫小乔治 |
[01:40] | Hey, nice to meet y’all. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[01:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:46] | So, this is the father? | 他就是生父吗 |
[01:49] | – Mm-hmm. – Proud father. | -嗯哼 -骄傲的父亲 |
[01:51] | Very proud. | 非常引以为豪 |
[01:52] | How old are you? | 你几岁啊 |
[01:53] | – In March, I’ll be… – Georgie actually manages a laundromat. | -三月的时候我就… -小乔治是一家洗衣店的主管 |
[01:57] | He’s very successful. | 他很成功 |
[01:59] | My dad runs his own business, too. | 我爸爸也自己经营生意 |
[02:01] | Really? What do you do? | 真的吗 您做哪行的 |
[02:02] | I own the tire shop up over there on… | 我开轮胎行 就在… |
[02:04] | How old are you? | 你到底几岁 |
[02:05] | Well, old enough to know better. | 已经足够成熟懂事了 |
[02:09] | Most important is, | 最重要的是 |
[02:10] | I’m here for Mandy and the baby whether we’re a couple or not. | 无论我们是不是夫妻 我都会守护好曼蒂与宝宝 |
[02:14] | Wait, now hold on a second, y’all ain’t together? | 等等 你们俩不是一对吗 |
[02:18] | Good question. | 好问题 |
[02:20] | You are or you aren’t? Which is it? | 是还不是 到底是哪样 |
[02:22] | That’s our business. | 这是我们的私事 |
[02:24] | Well… it is her life. | 是啦 她自己的人生嘛 |
[02:27] | The bill is paid. | 已经付完账了 |
[02:29] | We’re leaving. | 我们走啦 |
[02:33] | It was nice to meet you. | 很荣幸见到您 |
[02:35] | Yeah, you too. | 彼此彼此 |
[02:36] | – Jim. – All right. | -吉姆 -好的 |
[02:41] | You think they liked me? | 你觉得他们喜欢我吗 |
[02:45] | In the world of collecting, | 在搜集的圈子里 |
[02:46] | I’m what’s known as a completist. | 我这型被人称为完整主义者 |
[02:49] | For example, I own every gauge of model train | 举个例子 我拥有每种轨距的火车模型 |
[02:52] | from the mighty “G,” | 无论是巨大的G轨款 |
[02:53] | to the tiny “T.” | 还是迷你的T轨款 |
[02:55] | Look at how cute it is, I just want to eat it up. | 你看它是不是超可爱 真想把它一口吞下 |
[02:58] | However, the downside of being a completist | 不过 一个完整主义者的缺点 |
[03:01] | is when something’s missing, | 就是当你少了一样 |
[03:03] | it’s like an itch you can’t scratch, | 感觉就像有挠不到的痒 |
[03:05] | even if you own a complete set | 哪怕你拥有一整组 |
[03:06] | of Justice League back scratchers… | 《正义联盟》痒痒挠… |
[03:09] | which I do. | 这套我有 |
[03:10] | In this case that itch was the comic book issue | 而我的痒 是搜集不到漫画 |
[03:14] | Doom Patrol and Suicide Squad Special #1. | 《末日巡逻队与自杀小队》第一期特刊 |
[03:17] | What do you mean, you sold it? | 什么叫你卖掉了 |
[03:18] | Somebody gave me money, | 有人交钱给我 |
[03:19] | and I gave them the comic book. | 我就把漫画交给他了 |
[03:20] | That’s kind of how things work here. | 这店里的行事规则就是如此 |
[03:21] | But there was a note on file. | 但档案上有备注啊 |
[03:23] | If one became available, | 如果又有货 |
[03:24] | it was supposed to be held for me. | 必须得为我保留 |
[03:26] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:26] | But there was a note on file. | 但是档案上有备注 |
[03:28] | I didn’t see a note. | 我没看到备注 |
[03:29] | Did you even check the file? | 你真的有去看过档案吗 |
[03:31] | I can’t help you. The comic is gone. | 我帮不了你 那本漫画已经卖掉了 |
[03:34] | Well, who’d you sell it to? | 那你卖给谁了 |
[03:35] | I don’t know, some guy. | 不知道 一个男的 |
[03:36] | Which guy? | 哪个男的 |
[03:38] | Some weird guy. | 一个怪咖 |
[03:40] | That doesn’t narrow it down, and you know it. | 你自己知道这完全缩减不了范围 |
[03:44] | How was your dinner with Mandy? | 你跟曼蒂的那顿晚餐如何 |
[03:46] | We ran into her parents. | 我们遇到了她父母 |
[03:48] | Oh, and how did that go? | 那情况发展如何 |
[03:50] | About as weird as you’d think. | 要多怪有多怪 |
[03:52] | Hmm. They still don’t want anything to do with her? | 他们还是完全不想跟她恢复关系吗 |
[03:55] | Nope. She was pretty upset. | 完全不想 她挺难过的 |
[03:58] | Poor thing. | 可怜的孩子 |
[04:01] | Were you mad at Mom for getting pregnant? | 你当年气老妈怀孕吗 |
[04:02] | Oh, yeah. | 那当然 |
[04:04] | Did you stop talking to her? | 你有不再跟她说话吗 |
[04:05] | Hell no, I wanted her to hear how pissed off I was. | 当然没有 我就想让她听到我有多火大 |
[04:09] | But all that being mad at her just was a waste of time. | 但生她气到头来也只是浪费掉了时间 |
[04:13] | What made you come around? | 是什么让你回心转意的 |
[04:15] | I guess you showing up. | 大概是你出生了吧 |
[04:17] | I do have a natural charm, don’t I? | 我的确是从小就魅力不凡啊 |
[04:20] | You did, | 是啊 |
[04:22] | and then you learned to talk. | 但你学会说话之后就没了 |
[04:26] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:27] | Hello, Nathan. Sheldon Cooper. | 内森你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[04:29] | Oh, hey. How’s it going? | 你好啊 最近如何 |
[04:31] | Terrible, thank you for asking. | 很糟糕 谢谢你关心 |
[04:32] | I understand that you recently purchased | 我听闻你最近购买到了 |
[04:34] | Doom Patrol Suicide Squad Special Issue #1 | 《末日巡逻队与自杀小队》第一期特刊 |
[04:36] | from King Kong Comics. | 在金刚漫画店买的 |
[04:37] | Yeah, I’ve been trying to track it down forever. | 是啊 我找这期找好久了 |
[04:40] | Me too. They were supposed to hold it for me. | 我也是 他们本来应该得留给我的 |
[04:42] | I had a note on file. | 我在他们档案上留了备注 |
[04:43] | The girl there didn’t say anything. | 那个女生没说什么啊 |
[04:45] | That “girl there” is my sister, | 那个”女生”是我妹妹 |
[04:46] | and she should have because I had a note on file. | 她应该要说的 因为我有在档案上留备注 |
[04:48] | Your sister works there? That’s so cool. | 你妹妹在那里工作吗 太酷了吧 |
[04:51] | If it was cool, I would have | 如果真的酷 |
[04:53] | Doom Patrol Suicide Squad Special Issue #1. | 我手里就会有《末日巡逻队与自杀小队》第一期特刊 |
[04:56] | Yeah, I have it. It’s great. | 是啊 我就有一本 超棒 |
[04:59] | Let me buy it from you. | 卖给我吧 |
[05:00] | Ooh. Sorry, little man. No can do. | 抱歉 小兄弟 不卖 |
[05:03] | Please, it’s the only thing I need to complete my collection. | 求你了 我的收藏就差这最后一期了 |
[05:06] | I’ll tell you what, | 要不这样吧 |
[05:07] | you know Secret Wars #8? | 你知道《秘密战争》第八期吗 |
[05:09] | When Spider-Man receives his black costume? | 蜘蛛侠收到黑色战袍那期 |
[05:11] | Yeah, I’m familiar. | 我当然知道 |
[05:12] | Yeah, well, I need it to complete my collection. | 我的收藏也就差这本了 |
[05:14] | Find it and Suicide Squad is yours. | 你找来这本我就跟你交换 |
[05:18] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[05:19] | Ciao. | 再会 |
[05:22] | I was on a mission. | 我有了任务 |
[05:24] | All I had to do was | 我唯一需要做的 |
[05:25] | turn to the power of the Internet for help. | 就是用网络的力量来帮助我 |
[05:33] | Unfortunately in 1992, | 很遗憾的是在1992年 |
[05:34] | that power had a long way to go. | 那力量还有很长一段路要走 |
[05:43] | I do kind of miss that sound. | 我还有点怀念那声音呢 |
[05:50] | Hey, Mr. McAllister, remember me? | 你好 麦卡利斯特先生 还记得我吗 |
[05:53] | You’re kind of hard to forget. | 你挺让人难忘的吧 |
[05:55] | Thank you. I was hoping we could talk. | 谢谢 我很希望能跟您谈几句 |
[05:59] | Oh, uh, yeah. | 这个嘛… |
[06:00] | You know, this might not be the best time… | 现在这时机可能不太适… |
[06:01] | What’s he doing here? | 他来这里干嘛 |
[06:03] | Oh, hey. | 你好 |
[06:05] | You work here, too. Hi. | 你也在这里工作啊 你好啊 |
[06:07] | – He wanted to talk. – Great. | -他想聊聊 -很好啊 |
[06:10] | Let’s talk about how we busted our butts | 那就来聊我夫妇俩辛辛苦苦 |
[06:12] | to send Amanda to college, | 供阿曼达去上大学 |
[06:13] | give her opportunities we never had, | 让她的人生能拥有我们从未有过的机遇 |
[06:15] | and now she’s knocked up and right back in Medford. | 结果现在她被搞大肚子 混回梅德福 |
[06:19] | Let’s talk about that. | 要聊就来聊这个吧 |
[06:22] | Well, my meemaw likes to say | 我姥姥很喜欢说一句话 |
[06:24] | that every baby brings a little luck. | 她说每个宝宝都能带来福气 |
[06:29] | Yeah, that’s… what she likes to say. | 是的 她… 很喜欢说这句话 |
[06:38] | Look, I know you’re not happy about it, | 我知道你们很不爽 |
[06:40] | but you’re gonna have a grandkid. | 但你们就要拥有外孙了 |
[06:42] | And cutting Mandy out ain’t gonna change that. | 把曼蒂赶走也改变不了这件事啊 |
[06:44] | He’s not wrong. | 他说得没错啊 |
[06:46] | Well, he’s not right either. | 但他也没说对啊 |
[06:47] | You know, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. | 这也不见得就是坏事啊 |
[06:51] | My mom got pregnant with me before she and my dad got married. | 我爸妈也是婚前就怀了我 |
[06:54] | So you’re gonna marry my daughter? | 所以你要娶我女儿吗 |
[06:56] | Well, if she’d stop saying “No.” | 如果她不再说”不要”就娶 |
[06:58] | Well, that’s something. | 这也还不错吧 |
[06:59] | – Jim. – All right. | -吉姆 -我闭嘴 |
[07:01] | Why won’t she marry you? What’s wrong with you? | 她为什么不愿意嫁给你 你哪里有毛病 |
[07:04] | Hmm. Tough to say. | 这很难说 |
[07:05] | Maybe I’m too ambitious and put work first sometimes. | 或许是因为我太有野心 常把工作置于家庭之前 |
[07:08] | You know what, I do the same thing. | 我跟你说 我也是这样 |
[07:11] | I do. | 真的嘛 |
[07:13] | Well, it was lovely to see you both. | 还是跟高兴能见到两位 |
[07:15] | Maybe someday you can tell me more | 下次有机会再多跟我说说 |
[07:16] | about the tire business. I bet it’s fascinating. | 这个轮胎生意的事情吧 我挺感兴趣的 |
[07:19] | Oh, well, I’d like that. | 好啊 我很愿意跟你分享 |
[07:20] | You know, my son takes no interest in it. | 我儿子对这生意一点兴趣都没有 |
[07:22] | His loss. | 他的损失 |
[07:24] | Goodbye, Mr. Cooper. | 不送 库珀先生 |
[07:26] | Goodbye, ma’am. | 再见啦 女士 |
[07:29] | Steel-belted radials, who came up with that? | 半钢子午线轮胎 谁发明的这玩意来着 |
[07:31] | Oh, that was Michelin. | 是米其林 |
[07:32] | Oh, yeah. There you go. | 对对对 这就对了 |
[07:37] | He asked. | 他问我的嘛 |
[07:43] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿 |
[07:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:46] | Are you comfortable? Can I get you anything? | 一切还舒适吗 有想要什么吗 |
[07:49] | I wouldn’t say no to a water. | 能有一杯水就最好了 |
[07:51] | I wasn’t being sincere. Why are you at my desk? | 我是在假客套 你在我位子上干嘛 |
[07:53] | I needed to use your modem to check my bulletin board. | 我需要用你的路由上网看我发的帖子 |
[07:56] | Why can’t you use the library? | 你为什么不能去用图书馆的电脑 |
[07:57] | Then I wouldn’t get to see you, silly. | 那我就不能见到你啦 傻瓜 |
[07:59] | Ooh, I got a response. | 我收到回应了 |
[08:01] | Someone named RedWolf has the comic I’m looking for. | 一个叫红狼的人手里有我在找的漫画 |
[08:03] | – Oh, joy. – Oh, dear. | -太好啦 -糟糕 |
[08:05] | Someone named Sucka MC just offered to buy it. | 某个叫傻叉MC的人出价买了 |
[08:08] | Riveting. | 扣人心弦的大戏 |
[08:09] | RedWolf sold it. This is a disaster. | 红狼卖掉了 这真是一场恶梦 |
[08:12] | That’s too bad. Move. | 好可怜啊 起开 |
[08:14] | These message boards are so frustrating. | 这些留言板也太烦人了吧 |
[08:16] | You have to post what you’re looking for, | 你得发帖说自己在找哪本 |
[08:18] | then hope someone responds, | 然后期待有人回复 |
[08:20] | and then hope you see the reply | 而且还得祈祷 |
[08:21] | before they sell it to someone named Sucka MC. | 自己不被一个叫傻叉MC的人截胡 |
[08:23] | Oh, you’re frustrated? I’m sorry. | 你很不爽吗 好心疼 |
[08:25] | I can only imagine what that feels like. | 你的痛苦真是难以想象呢 |
[08:27] | Too bad there’s not a comic book database | 真可惜世界上没有一个漫画资料库 |
[08:29] | so I could search through it and find what I’m looking for. | 让我可以直接搜索我想要的资料 |
[08:31] | Well, CERN has something similar. | 欧洲核子研究组织有类似的东西 |
[08:32] | You can search a database of scientific papers. | 你可以在他们的资料库里搜索文献 |
[08:35] | But there’s no database for comic books. | 但世上并没有漫画版的资料库啊 |
[08:37] | You should make one. Somewhere else. | 你应该自己建立一个 去别的地方做 |
[08:40] | Mmm, sounds like a lot of work. | 感觉好废功夫 |
[08:41] | Or does it sound like a lot of fun? | 感觉也可能很有趣啊 |
[08:43] | Go find out. | 去实践出真知吧 |
[08:44] | Do you want to do it with me? | 你想跟我一起做吗 |
[08:47] | Only if you share credit, and my name comes first. | 你得分享成果 并且让我的名字排在前 |
[08:50] | Never mind. | 算了吧 |
[08:53] | I knew that would work. | 我就知道这招能行 |
[08:57] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你他妈想什么呢 |
[08:59] | What’d you do? | 你又干嘛了 |
[09:01] | What’d I do? | 我又做了什么 |
[09:01] | You went and talked to my folks behind my back? | 你背着我去找我爸妈谈 |
[09:04] | Oh, Georgie. | 小乔治啊 |
[09:05] | I was trying to patch things up between ’em. | 我是想帮他们修复关系 |
[09:07] | That’s none of your business. | 这跟你有个屁关系 |
[09:09] | Our baby’s gonna be their grandkid. | 我们的宝宝会是他们的外孙 |
[09:11] | So? | 那又怎么样 |
[09:12] | So we’re gonna need free babysitters. | 到时我们需要免费保姆啊 |
[09:15] | He’s got you on that one. | 这点你无法反驳 |
[09:17] | They cut me off. | 他们跟我断绝关系了 |
[09:19] | If they want to be a part of this kid’s life, | 如果他们想参与孩子的人生 |
[09:20] | then they can start by apologizing. | 可以先向我道歉 |
[09:23] | I don’t know, your mom don’t seem like | 我说不好 你妈看起来 |
[09:24] | the apologetic type of gal. | 不是会道歉的那种妞 |
[09:26] | Oh, so now you’re the expert on my parents? | 怎么 现在你很懂我爸妈吗 |
[09:28] | I got a handle on your dad. Your mom, she’s a tougher nut. | 我已经搞定你爸了 你妈比较难攻克 |
[09:31] | She kind of reminds me of you. | 她有点让我想起你 |
[09:39] | You think that was smart or dumb? | 你觉得刚才那句是机灵话还是蠢话 |
[09:42] | Dumb. | 蠢话 |
[09:44] | Missy, I need to speak with your manager. | 米希 我要找你的经理 |
[09:47] | I didn’t mean to sell your stupid comic book. | 我不是故意卖掉你那本破漫画的 |
[09:49] | It’s not about that, | 我不是为了这事 |
[09:50] | although I’m still upset about that, | 虽说我仍然感到很难过 |
[09:51] | and will be for as long as I live. | 并且这辈子都忘不了这伤痛 |
[09:52] | Then why do you need to talk to him for? | 那你为什么要找他 |
[09:54] | I have a business proposal. | 我有个商业提案 |
[09:55] | It touches on the burgeoning field of informatics | 涉及到迅速发展的信息学领域 |
[09:57] | – and could revolutionize… – Nigel! | -并且能彻底变革… -奈杰尔 |
[10:09] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[10:10] | Oh, you know, just one of them days. | 你懂的 今天又是备受挫败的一天 |
[10:13] | Put that back. | 放回去 |
[10:14] | I’ll split it with you. | 我跟你分嘛 |
[10:15] | No. | 不行 |
[10:17] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:21] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[10:22] | Mandy’s pissed at me. | 曼蒂生我气了 |
[10:23] | I believe that. | 我一点都不怀疑 |
[10:25] | Pretty sure her folks are, too. | 我很肯定她爸妈也是 |
[10:27] | She introduced you to her folks? | 她把你介绍给她爸妈认识了 |
[10:28] | Mmm, I sort of introduced myself to them, | 我算是主动去做自我介绍 |
[10:31] | and it didn’t go great. | 但不太顺利 |
[10:32] | Well, your ass ain’t full of buckshot, | 至少你屁股没被子弹打成蜂窝 |
[10:34] | so it could have gone worse. | 所以还不算太糟 |
[10:35] | I don’t know, it feels pretty bad. | 是吗 但我觉得糟透了 |
[10:38] | Your Pop Pop decked me once. | 你姥爷狠揍过我一次 |
[10:40] | – No. – Oh, yeah. | -真的假的 -真的 |
[10:41] | Got me good. But it all worked out. | 我被打得可惨了 但后来问题都解决了 |
[10:45] | He end up liking you? | 他最后还是喜欢上你了吗 |
[10:47] | He died. | 他挂了 |
[10:49] | So if you let me build a searchable database | 如果你让我建一个包含你所有书名的 |
[10:51] | of all your titles, then theoretically, | 可搜索资料库 那理论上 |
[10:53] | anyone in the world can see your inventory. | 世上任何一个人都能看到你的库存 |
[10:55] | That sounds all right. | 听起来还行 |
[10:57] | All right? This is revolutionary. | 什么还行 这可是革命性创新 |
[10:59] | Other comic book stores will follow suit, | 其他漫画书店也会跟着做 |
[11:00] | and someday, if you want to find | 有朝一日 如果你想找 |
[11:02] | Doom Patrol and Suicide Squad Special Issue #1, | 《末日巡逻队与自杀小队》第一期特刊 |
[11:04] | then all you’ll have to do is type it in. | 那你只需输入书名就可以了 |
[11:06] | I just sold one of those. | 这书我刚卖掉一本欸 |
[11:08] | Despite the note on file, | 你无视档案上的备注 |
[11:10] | but that’s water under the bridge. | 但这已经无法改变了 |
[11:11] | So you’re gonna input my whole inventory free of charge? | 这么说你会免费帮我输入所有库存 |
[11:15] | – Yes. – Well, can you do it at night so you’re not in the way? | -对 -那可以晚上开工吗 免得妨碍我做生意 |
[11:18] | My bedtime is 9:30, so that’s a solid two hours. | 我就寝时间是9点半 所以有足足两小时 |
[11:21] | Well, there’s a lot of comics here. | 我店里有很多漫画 |
[11:22] | How long is this gonna take? | 你要花多久才能搞完 |
[11:23] | This is quite the undertaking. Would you like to help? | 这是项大工程 你要帮忙吗 |
[11:26] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[11:27] | Missy, you’re working late tonight. | 米希 你今晚要加班 |
[11:31] | Freaking Sheldon. | 讨厌鬼谢尔顿 |
[11:44] | Can’t believe this is how I’m spending my night. | 我居然要整晚干这种事 |
[11:46] | I know, alone in a comic book store. | 我懂 独自一人待在漫画书店 |
[11:48] | A dream come true. | 简直是美梦成真 |
[11:49] | Your dreams are sad. | 你的梦想真可悲 |
[11:50] | Hmm. At least they’ve been realized. | 至少我的梦想实现了 |
[11:53] | So what do we got to do? | 我们要做什么 |
[11:55] | We just need to take every comic book | 我们只需把每一本漫画的书名 |
[11:57] | and input the title and issue number into the computer. | 和刊数输进这台电脑 |
[11:59] | Fine, I’ll call them out, you type them up. | 行吧 我来念 你来输入 |
[12:04] | New Teen Titans #42. | 《新少年泰坦》第42期 |
[12:08] | Got it. | 好了 |
[12:09] | New Teen Titans #43. | 《新少年泰坦》第43期 |
[12:12] | Got it. | 好了 |
[12:12] | New Mutants #87. | 《新变种人》第87期 |
[12:15] | Why would New Mutants be next to New Teen Titans? | 《新变种人》为什么会放在《新少年泰坦》旁边 |
[12:17] | Because they both start with “New”? | 因为开头都是”新”字 |
[12:19] | But one’s Marvel and the other’s DC. | 但一本是漫威的 另一本是DC的 |
[12:22] | Would you put Aquaman and Sub-Mariner next to each other? | 你会把《海王》和《海底人》放在一起吗 |
[12:24] | I don’t know, they could talk about fish. | 有何不可 他们可以聊鱼的话题啊 |
[12:27] | This is madness. | 这简直乱套了 |
[12:29] | I have to fix this. | 我必须修正错误 |
[12:30] | Aren’t we here to type stuff into the computer? | 我们不是来输东西到电脑里的吗 |
[12:33] | There’s no reason we can’t do both. | 我们没理由不能兼顾二者 |
[12:35] | It’s gonna take forever. | 那要干到猴年马月啊 |
[12:37] | We could use some help. | 我们需要找人帮忙 |
[12:40] | A comic book store after hours. | 打烊后的漫画书店 |
[12:43] | It’s a dream come true. | 简直是美梦成真 |
[12:44] | And we get to organize it. | 而且我们还能整理它 |
[12:46] | We don’t have to. | 可以不做这多余的事 |
[12:48] | Don’t listen to her, | 别听她的 |
[12:48] | she doesn’t appreciate the dream. | 她不懂珍惜这梦幻机会 |
[12:54] | May I help you? | 请问你有什么事? |
[12:55] | Are you Mary Cooper? | 你是玛丽·库珀吗 |
[12:57] | I am, and you are? | 我是 你是哪位 |
[12:59] | Jim McAllister. | 吉姆·麦卡利斯特 |
[13:02] | I’m Mandy’s dad. | 我是曼蒂的爸爸 |
[13:06] | George! | 乔治 |
[13:07] | Okay, so we’re agreed, | 好 我们都一致同意 |
[13:09] | we’ll have Marvel over here, DC over there, | 把漫威的放这边 DC的摆到那边 |
[13:11] | and indies in the back. | 独立漫画放到后面 |
[13:12] | But within each section, how do we organize them? | 但每个分区里该如何整理呢 |
[13:15] | Alphabetical, by title. | 按书名首字母顺序排列 |
[13:16] | But then you’d have Amazing Spiderman in the A’s, | 但那样的话 《超凡蜘蛛侠》会放在A排 |
[13:19] | Spectacular Spiderman in the S’s, | 《神奇蜘蛛侠》会放在S排 |
[13:20] | and Web of Spiderman in the W’s. | 而《蜘蛛侠之网》会放在W排 |
[13:22] | You see the insanity. | 你明白这有多荒唐了吧 |
[13:23] | Okay. So we’ll do it alphabetical by character. | 好吧 那我们按角色名首字母顺序排列 |
[13:26] | But then we file Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen | 但这样我们应该把超人的伙伴吉米·奥尔森 |
[13:29] | under “J” for “Jimmy” or “S” for “Superman”? | 按”吉米”归到J排 还是按”超人”归到S排 |
[13:31] | How about under “I” for I’m going home. | 不如放到I[我]排吧 代表我要回家了 |
[13:37] | What if we go crazy and organize them by artist? | 不如我们疯狂一把 按画师整理 |
[13:40] | All the Steve Ditkos in one place? | 史蒂夫·迪特科的所有作品都放在一起吗 |
[13:41] | – ‘Nuff said. – Yeah. | -不用多说了 -是啊 |
[13:44] | So, Jim, your daughter is just lovely. | 吉姆 你的女儿很可爱 |
[13:47] | Oh, thanks. And, uh, your son seems… | 多谢夸奖 你们儿子也… |
[13:53] | …brave. | 挺大无畏的 |
[13:54] | Brave, dumb, | 是大无畏还是大脑空 |
[13:56] | it’s a coin toss. | 还说不准 |
[13:57] | What can we help you with? | 我们能帮你做些什么 |
[13:58] | Oh, well, uh, I got some money here, | 我带了一笔钱来 |
[14:00] | and I was just hoping y’all could give it to Mandy. | 希望你们能帮我转交给曼蒂 |
[14:03] | She’s just right across the street at my mom’s. | 她就住在街对面的我妈家 |
[14:06] | You could give it to her yourself. | 你可以亲自交给她 |
[14:07] | Oh, no, I couldn’t do that and stay married. | 不行 那样做我的婚姻就完了 |
[14:12] | Sounds like we got the same wife. | 听上去我们娶的是同一个老婆 |
[14:13] | George. | 乔治 |
[14:14] | Just trying to lighten the mood, honey. | 我只是想轻松下气氛 老婆 |
[14:16] | I-I’ll make sure she gets it. | 我一定会让她收下 |
[14:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:19] | I’m sure your wife will come around eventually. | 你太太最后肯定会回心转意的 |
[14:22] | Well, I’m hoping that when she sees the baby, | 但愿她看到宝宝时 |
[14:24] | that ice cube in her chest might start to melt. | 她内心那座冰山会开始融化 |
[14:27] | Yep, same wife. | 果然是同款老婆 |
[14:31] | Come on, it’s funny. | 拜托 多好笑啊 |
[14:36] | So, you can just type in | 这么说 你只需输入 |
[14:38] | whatever comic you’re looking for, | 你要找的漫画名 |
[14:39] | and the computer will tell you who has it? | 电脑就会告诉你谁有这本书 |
[14:41] | Once enough people enter their inventories | 是的 只要有足够的人将他们的库存 |
[14:42] | in the database, yes. | 输进资料库 |
[14:44] | That’s really cool. | 这也太酷了 |
[14:46] | Would you say it’s revolutionary? | 你觉得这是革命性创新吗 |
[14:48] | I would. | 我觉得是 |
[14:49] | Will you? | 你能说出来吗 |
[14:51] | It’s revolutionary. | 这是革命性创新 |
[14:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:54] | Could it be used to catalog other things? | 这能用来编目其他东西吗 |
[14:57] | Yes, the applications are endless. | 可以 应用是无止境的 |
[14:59] | So there could be a database of, | 这么说可以建一个 |
[15:01] | I don’t know, available women? | 可约女性的资料库 |
[15:04] | Available for what? | 约来干什么 |
[15:05] | At this point, anything. | 我都憋了这么久 什么都行 |
[15:06] | Ooh, there could be ones for scientific grants. | 也可以给科研补助金建一个 |
[15:09] | Yeah, or my idea. | 或者还是建我那个 |
[15:10] | Finding grants is such a time-consuming process. | 找补助金这个过程十分耗时 |
[15:13] | If there was a centralized database, | 如果有集中式资料库 |
[15:14] | it would change the research landscape entirely. | 就能彻底改变科研的景象 |
[15:16] | Yeah, that’s cool, I guess. | 这应该很棒吧 |
[15:18] | And many grants never get applied for | 有很多补助金没人去申请 |
[15:20] | because people don’t know about them, | 因为根本没人知道 |
[15:23] | so this would be good for the grantor and the grantee. | 所以这对资助人和受款人都有好处 |
[15:28] | Well, shouldn’t we finish this first? | 我们不是该先干完这个吗 |
[15:29] | This idea is too big to wait. | 如此高见不能再等 |
[15:31] | I got to go. Will you lock up? | 我得走了 你能锁门吗 |
[15:38] | I’m gonna steal so much stuff. | 我要偷走好多宝贝 |
[15:44] | What? | 干嘛 |
[15:46] | I was wrong, go ahead and yell at me. | 我错了 你尽管骂我吧 |
[15:48] | It’s not up to you. I decide when I’m gonna yell. | 这由不得你做主 几时骂人我自己说了算 |
[15:51] | Okay, which way you leaning? | 好吧 那你到底要不要骂 |
[15:52] | What the hell is wrong with you? You went to his store? | 你脑子进水了吗 你居然跑去他的店里 |
[15:54] | Is it his? ‘Cause your mom seems to be calling all the shots. | 店真是他的吗 因为你妈看起来才是话事人 |
[16:00] | Is that my dad’s truck? | 那是我爸的卡车吗 |
[16:01] | Well, Mandy’s not gonna apologize to her mom, | 曼蒂是不会跟她妈道歉的 |
[16:04] | and her mom’s not gonna apologize to her, | 她妈也不会跟她道歉 |
[16:06] | so I got to figure out some way to broker the peace. | 所以我得想办法让她们和好 |
[16:09] | Maybe we could have everyone over here for dinner. | 或许我们可以邀请所有人来这共进晚餐 |
[16:12] | Mary, when has that ever worked? | 玛丽 这招几时有用过 |
[16:14] | Food is healing, George. | 美食能治愈人心 乔治 |
[16:16] | You should know. | 你最清楚才是啊 |
[16:17] | – Hey. – What? I’m just lightening the mood. | -没礼貌 -干嘛 我只是轻松下气氛 |
[16:22] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[16:23] | Oh, hi, sweetie. | 你好 女儿 |
[16:24] | Yeah, hi. What are you doing here? | 好个屁 你来干嘛 |
[16:26] | Mandy, your mom and dad miss you. | 曼蒂 你爸妈很想你 |
[16:29] | Then they should be talking to me. | 那他们就该找我谈 |
[16:30] | Well, you know how stubborn your mom can be. | 你知道你妈有多固执 |
[16:33] | Too well. | 太清楚了 |
[16:34] | But, uh… | 不过 |
[16:37] | maybe she’s not the only one being stubborn. | 也许不是只有她固执 |
[16:39] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[16:40] | I came to you for help and you kicked me out. | 我向你求助 你却把我踢出门 |
[16:43] | Okay, how about we all take a breath. | 大家都深呼吸冷静一下 |
[16:45] | – Ooh, I could make brownies. – Mary. | -我可以去烤布朗尼蛋糕 -玛丽 |
[16:48] | Look, this is my life. | 听着 这是我的人生 |
[16:50] | If y’all want to be a part of it, | 如果你们想参与进来 |
[16:51] | you know where to find me. | 你们知道我在哪 |
[16:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:53] | Oh, don’t help me. | 别多事帮我 |
[16:58] | Good to see you, Mr. McAllister. | 很高兴见到你 麦卡利斯特先生 |
[17:02] | Quit following me. | 别再跟着我了 |
[17:05] | Food would have helped. | 本来美食可以缓解下气氛的嘛 |
[17:12] | So, as you can see on the chart on page 34, | 正如34页的图表显示 |
[17:15] | the amount of time spent searching for grants | 寻找补助金的耗时 |
[17:16] | would be cut by 80%. | 会减少80% |
[17:18] | Do you see what this could do for the scientific community? | 你明白这对科学界有什么益处吗 |
[17:20] | Yes. We could charge an access fee | 明白 我们可以向全球所有大学 |
[17:23] | to every university on the planet, | 收取使用费 |
[17:24] | and I can retire on a yacht in the Bahamas. | 然后我就能在巴哈马的游艇上度过退休生活 |
[17:27] | You’re missing the point. | 你搞错重点了 |
[17:29] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对对对 |
[17:30] | Uh, good for science. I love it. | 对科学界很有用 我很喜欢 |
[17:31] | So, our next step is we get legal involved | 我们下一步就是找法务办 |
[17:34] | and start drawing up the contracts. | 开始拟定合同 |
[17:36] | Shouldn’t we build a working prototype first | 我们不该先建一个产品原型 |
[17:38] | to prove it’s viable? | 证明这可行吗 |
[17:39] | Well, do you think it’s viable? | 你认为这可行吗 |
[17:41] | – I do. – Well, that’s good enough for me. | -是的 -对我来说这就够了 |
[17:42] | I’ll call legal. | 我打给法务办 |
[17:43] | Wait, what should I do? | 那我该做什么 |
[17:48] | Here’s a dollar. | 给你一块钱 |
[17:49] | Go get yourself a Yoo-hoo on me. | 我请你喝一杯巧克力饮料 |
[17:51] | All right. | 好的 |