时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I never cared for The Game of Life. | 我从小就对《生命之旅》游戏无爱 |
[00:06] | Marriage, children, careers, houses. | 结婚 生子 职业 买房 |
[00:08] | What kind of life is that? | 这是哪门子的人生啊 |
[00:10] | In my game, the milestones are… | 在我的游戏里 里程碑是 |
[00:13] | papers published, degrees earned, | 论文发表 攻读学位 |
[00:15] | Nobel Prizes won. | 赢得诺奖 |
[00:16] | And in my version, I am dominating. | 在我的版本里 我所向披靡 |
[00:19] | But you knew that. | 但这点你早就知道了 |
[00:20] | Ooh, and instead of cars, | 而且我们的棋子不会用车 |
[00:21] | you’d ride around in a train. | 而是坐火车遨游 |
[00:23] | Honestly, why aren’t they making this? | 说真的 厂商怎么还不赶紧做这游戏 |
[00:25] | – Yes! – Hello, Sam. | -太好了 -你好啊 珊姆 |
[00:27] | You seem agitated. | 你好像有点激动啊 |
[00:28] | I just got accepted into my summer program. | 我被录取暑期项目了 |
[00:31] | Oh, summer school. I didn’t realize you were struggling. | 暑期课程啊 抱歉我都不知道你成绩有状况 |
[00:33] | But way to not give up. | 但你不放弃就很棒了 |
[00:35] | No. | 不是我们学校 |
[00:35] | It’s at Columbia. | 是在哥大 |
[00:37] | This is gonna look really good on my grad school application. | 我去申请读研的时候 这会让我很加分啊 |
[00:39] | Grad school? Those applications are a year away. | 离申请不是还有一年吗 |
[00:42] | You have to start early. | 你得提早开始准备啊 |
[00:43] | It’s so competitive these days. | 这年头竞争这么激烈 |
[00:45] | I think I’ll be fine. | 我想我应该没什么问题 |
[00:46] | Where are you hoping to go? | 你想去哪里读 |
[00:48] | – Caltech. – Sheldon, | -加州理工 -谢尔顿 |
[00:49] | that’s one of the toughest programs to get into in the world. | 那是全球最难申请的地方之一 |
[00:52] | I know, they deserve the best. | 我知道啊 它们值得有最好的学生 |
[00:53] | Well, if I were you, I would start building up my resume now. | 如果我是你 我现在就会开始给履历增添色彩 |
[00:56] | Uh, my resume’s pretty good. | 我的个人履历很精彩了 |
[00:57] | 4.0, child prodigy. | 绩点4.0 天才儿童 |
[00:59] | Beloved wherever I go. | 到哪都受人喜爱 |
[01:01] | Are you on any published papers? | 你的名字有在任何已发表论文上吗 |
[01:03] | No. | 没有 |
[01:04] | Have you presented at any conferences? | 你有在任何研讨会议上演讲过吗 |
[01:05] | No. | 没有 |
[01:06] | Have you been involved in any outside projects? | 你有参与过任何外部的项目吗 |
[01:09] | I did develop a grant research database. | 我有开发过一个科研补助金资料库 |
[01:11] | Oh, well that’s something. | 那这还行 |
[01:12] | It failed spectacularly. | 但推出后大失败 |
[01:16] | Well, hey… | 那至少… |
[01:17] | at least you’re beloved. | 你受人喜爱嘛 |
[01:24] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:27] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:30] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:32] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:35] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:47] | You want some? | 来杯咖啡吗 |
[01:48] | No, I’m good. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[01:49] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[01:50] | Yeah, I slept almost four hours last night. | 我昨晚可是睡了将近4小时之久呢 |
[01:52] | I feel like a tiger. | 感觉自己生龙活虎 |
[01:53] | Good for you. | 不错啊 |
[01:54] | Brushed my hair, I brushed my teeth, | 我梳了头 还刷了牙 |
[01:56] | I may even go outside today. | 我今天甚至可能出门走走 |
[01:58] | – Wow, an 80% chance of rain. – Never mind. | -哇 有80%的降雨几率 -算了 |
[02:01] | Probably from all these clouds over here… | 估计是因为这边这一大坨云吧 |
[02:03] | Who is this guy? | 这家伙谁啊 |
[02:05] | Where’s perky Heather with today’s weather? | 原本的气象辣妹主播呢 |
[02:07] | I don’t know, I think the sports guy’s filling in. | 不知道啊 貌似体育主播来代班了 |
[02:09] | This storm is just gonna make a full-court press. | 暴雨将全场推进 |
[02:12] | And just run right on past Houston, | 然后就这么跑过休斯顿 |
[02:15] | right on past Lufkin, | 穿越拉夫金 |
[02:16] | all the way over to Medford over here… | 一路冲到那边的梅德福 |
[02:17] | He ain’t even pointin’ at Medford. | 他指的都不是梅德福 |
[02:20] | That’s a drive that Jack Nicklaus would be proud of right there. | 这表现连球王都会夸赞 |
[02:23] | I used to do that job, you know. It’s not as easy as you’d think. | 我以前也做过那份工作 没有表面上看起来那么简单 |
[02:26] | You got to look forward, but point backward | 你人得面向镜头 但手得指对背后 |
[02:29] | while reading the script. | 而且眼睛还得读对稿 |
[02:30] | All with sunshine in your voice. | 而且语气还得阳光开朗 |
[02:32] | I could actually hear the sunshine in your voice. | 我还真能听到你声线中的阳光呢 |
[02:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:37] | Now back to CeeCee in the nursery with screaming. | 现在画面还给婴儿房里嗷嗷大哭的丝丝 |
[02:45] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[02:46] | Sorry, I ran into Sam. | 抱歉 我路上遇到了珊姆 |
[02:47] | Bright girl. She’s going places. | 很聪明的女孩 以后必有好出路 |
[02:49] | Specifically the physics department at Columbia. | 出到哥大的物理系 |
[02:51] | Oh, she got in, fantastic. | 她被录取啦 恭喜她 |
[02:53] | I know she was hoping to spice up her applications. | 我知道她想丰富自己的履历 |
[02:57] | Well, I like to think that I’m all the spice | 我认为我的履历上只要有我 |
[02:58] | my applications will need. | 就足够丰富了 |
[03:00] | You’re not. | 并不够 |
[03:02] | What are you saying? | 你们什么意思 |
[03:03] | Actually, uh… | 这个嘛… |
[03:04] | Hold on, should I be trying to beef up | 等等 难道我也应该为读研 |
[03:06] | my grad school applications? | 开始丰富我的履历吗 |
[03:07] | The competition is fierce. | 竞争非常激烈啊 |
[03:09] | It takes a lot to stand out. | 要出众可是非常不容易 |
[03:11] | You’re my advisors, why didn’t you advise me of this? | 你们是我的导师 为什么从没指导我这些 |
[03:14] | Sheldon, if I could offer you some advice… | 谢尔顿 不知可否给你提点一下… |
[03:17] | No thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[03:19] | Sheldon, I have a recommendation for you. | 谢尔顿 我对你有个建议 |
[03:21] | I have one for you. | 我也对你有建议 |
[03:22] | Trim your nose hair. | 修剪修剪你的鼻毛吧 |
[03:24] | Do you remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[03:25] | I do. It looked like a spider was living up there. | 当然 感觉能有蜘蛛住在里面 |
[03:33] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里面干嘛呢 |
[03:34] | Oh, just looking through some of my old videotapes. | 就是翻一下我以前的那些影带 |
[03:37] | Oh, cool. | 行 |
[03:38] | Wait, you didn’t find any of my tapes, did you? | 等等 你没翻到任何我的影带吧 |
[03:41] | What are your tapes? | 你有什么影带 |
[03:43] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:45] | Well, mine are from when I was a weather girl. | 我的影带是我当气象女郎时的那些 |
[03:48] | Whatcha need ’em for? | 你找出来干嘛呢 |
[03:49] | Well, the local station’s looking. | 本地新闻台在找人 |
[03:50] | I’m gonna apply. | 我想要去报 |
[03:52] | But you’re a mom now. | 但你现在是个妈妈了 |
[03:55] | Yeah, so? | 是啊 所以呢 |
[03:56] | Well, I’m just sayin’ don’t you kind of have | 就是你现在照顾丝丝 |
[03:58] | your hands full with CeeCee? | 不是已经很忙了吗 |
[04:00] | Well, there’s a lot of family around to help. | 不是有一大家子在帮忙吗 |
[04:03] | Well, I know, but… | 是啊 但是… |
[04:03] | And I was always gonna go back to work. | 我一直都计划着生完后会回去工作啊 |
[04:06] | If it’s about money, we’re good. | 如果是担心钱不够 我们没问题 |
[04:08] | You live in a garage. | 你住在车库里 |
[04:09] | It ain’t a garage if there ain’t a car in it. | 里面没停车的话就不是车库 |
[04:11] | Yeah, it is. | 就是车库 |
[04:12] | And it’s not about money, it’s about my life. | 这跟金钱也无关啊 是跟我的人生有关 |
[04:14] | I want a career. | 我想要有一份事业 |
[04:15] | Well, I-I happen to think motherhood is a career. | 我个人觉得当妈妈也是一种职业啊 |
[04:18] | Hmm. What about fatherhood? | 那当爸爸呢 |
[04:21] | You have a job. | 你有工作啊 |
[04:22] | – That’s different. – Why? | -不一样啦 -不一样在哪 |
[04:24] | Because. | 因为… |
[04:26] | There’s lots of reasons. | 这很复杂啦 |
[04:28] | Oh, okay, so you just get to have a job and a life, | 所以你可以有工作有生活 |
[04:30] | and I have to stay home with the baby? | 而我只能在家带孩子 |
[04:32] | Or I have to have a job | 或者说是 我想不工作都不行 |
[04:35] | and you getto stay home with the baby. | 而你可以悠哉在家里陪孩子 |
[04:36] | It’s all about perspective. | 全看是从什么角度看罢了 |
[04:41] | Yes, is this the Columbia summer science honors program? | 对 请问这是哥大暑期科学荣誉项目吗 |
[04:45] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[04:45] | My name is Sheldon Cooper, perhaps you’ve heard of me. | 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 你们很可能听说过我 |
[04:48] | Well, now you have. | 现在你听说过了 |
[04:50] | Anyways, it’s recently come to my attention | 我最近刚刚了解到 |
[04:52] | that you could be an important step in my career advancement. | 你们有可能是我职涯中重要的一环 |
[04:54] | So, good news, I’m available. | 说个好消息 我愿意给你们机会 |
[04:57] | Yes, I understand I’ve missed the deadline, | 对 我知道我错过了报名期限 |
[04:59] | but I’m sure you can make an exception. | 但我相信你们能给我个方便 |
[05:03] | But I’m Sheldon Cooper. | 我可是谢尔顿·库珀啊 |
[05:11] | And apparently Doctors Linkletter and Sturgis were | 林克莱特博士与斯特吉斯博士 |
[05:12] | aware that I already should have been focusing | 居然早就知道我应该为我的申请 |
[05:14] | on my applications. | 提前做准备 |
[05:16] | And they didn’t say anything to you? | 然后他们什么都没跟你提吗 |
[05:18] | Well, they did, but I don’t come off well in that story. | 其实有 但这样显得锅在我身上 |
[05:20] | Shelly, how bad could it be? | 谢利 这能有多糟啦 |
[05:23] | You started college when you were 11. | 你才11岁就开始读大学了 |
[05:25] | Well, it was impressive when I was little and cute. | 当我又小又可爱时 这很了不起 |
[05:27] | But now that I’m old and cute, it’s just not the same thing. | 但我现在是又老又可爱 今时不同往日了 |
[05:30] | Well, just ’cause you look older, | 你只是长大了一点 |
[05:32] | doesn’t mean you’re any less special. | 并不代表你就变得不那么特别了啊 |
[05:35] | Of course. | 我懂了 |
[05:36] | – It’s your fault. – What? | -这都是你的错 -什么 |
[05:38] | Well, you’ve been saying I’m special my whole life, | 从小你就一直说我很特别 |
[05:40] | so now I’m conditioned to expect the world | 所以我自动认为 |
[05:42] | to cater to me instead of taking initiative. | 世界该为我开方便之门 而不是我得主动争取 |
[05:44] | But you are special, sweetie. | 但你的确很特别啊 亲爱的 |
[05:47] | You just can’t turn it off, can you? | 无时无刻 停不下来了是吧 |
[05:55] | She’s changed and napping. | 给她换好尿布 已经睡下了 |
[05:57] | You washed your hands, right? | 你洗过手了吧 |
[06:01] | Shelly, you want some mashed potatoes? | 谢利 想来点土豆泥吗 |
[06:03] | See, there you go again, | 你看 你又来了 |
[06:04] | bringing the mashed potatoes to me | 主动把土豆泥递给我 |
[06:05] | when I should be going to the mashed potatoes. | 但其实应该是我主动去拿 |
[06:07] | Fine. | 行 |
[06:09] | What’s goin’ on? | 又在闹哪样 |
[06:10] | Years of coddling have made me complacent, | 多年来的呵护令我自鸣得意 |
[06:12] | and now it may cost me my chance | 现在可能害我失去 |
[06:13] | to get into grad school at Caltech. | 进入加州理工读研的机会 |
[06:15] | I’ve been sayin’ that since you were born. | 打从你出生我就一直在说她 |
[06:18] | And yet you did nothing to stop her? | 但你没做出任何行动阻止她吗 |
[06:20] | If it helps, I always thought you sucked. | 我可是一直就觉得你是个臭屁烂人 |
[06:21] | Missy. | 米希 |
[06:23] | I talked to Meemaw. | 我跟姥姥聊过了 |
[06:24] | She said if you come back to work at the video store, | 她说如果你要回去录影带出租店工作 |
[06:26] | you can bring the baby. | 可以带孩子去上班 |
[06:27] | What? I thought you wanted a job. | 干嘛 你不是想要一份工作吗 |
[06:29] | No, I said I wanted a career. | 不是 我说的是我想要有一份职业 |
[06:31] | Oh, are you thinkin’ about going back to work already? | 你已经在想着重返职场了吗 |
[06:35] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[06:36] | I mean, it’s a little earlier than I thought, | 的确是比我原先预期的早了一点 |
[06:39] | but an opportunity came up and I’m going for it. | 但刚好有职缺 我就想去试试看 |
[06:41] | See? Initiative. Her parents kicked her out, | 看到没 主动性 她父母将她扫地出门 |
[06:43] | and look at that gumption. | 看看她现在的主动性 |
[06:45] | So what job you goin’ for? | 所以你打算去投什么工作 |
[06:47] | Channel 7’s looking for a new weather girl. | 7频道在找新的气象女郎 |
[06:48] | Oh, yeah, she said she quit because she was getting married. | 原先那个说是去结婚所以离职 |
[06:52] | Rumor is she got knocked up. | 但听说她是肚子被搞大了 |
[06:57] | Which is exciting. | 这很棒啊 |
[06:59] | The interview’s on Thursday. | 周四面试 |
[07:01] | What? | 什么 |
[07:02] | You already applied? | 你已经报名了吗 |
[07:03] | I thought we were gonna talk about it. | 我还以为我们要慢慢谈呢 |
[07:05] | We did talk about it. | 我们谈过了啊 |
[07:06] | I said I was gonna send in a tape and then I sent it in. | 我说了要寄旧影带过去 我就寄了啊 |
[07:09] | Who’s gonna watch CeeCee? | 那谁来看着丝丝 |
[07:11] | Well, I was hoping her family would help out. | 我本来是指望她的家人们会帮忙 |
[07:14] | Of course. | 那当然 |
[07:15] | I mean, I do work. | 但是我有工作 |
[07:16] | I work, too, George. | 我也工作啊 乔治 |
[07:18] | We work. | 我们都工作 |
[07:19] | They got a point. | 他们说到点上了 |
[07:21] | Uh, is the point | 什么点 |
[07:22] | that your mom is a working mother? | 你妈妈也是职场女性这点吗 |
[07:24] | Well, I didn’t work when my kids were babies. | 我是到孩子们大了之后才去工作的 |
[07:26] | That’s true, she was a stay-at-home coddler. | 这是真的 她以前是家庭捧杀主妇 |
[07:28] | Okay, now you’re being obnoxious. | 够了 你这样就有点烦人了 |
[07:30] | No one wants to hear you talk, ass face. | 没人想听你唧唧歪歪 傻逼 |
[07:32] | Thanks, I appreciate the help, but let’s keep it clean. | 谢谢你协助我接地气 但尽量别用脏字 |
[07:35] | Butt wad? | 屁精 |
[07:36] | Better. | 好多了 |
[07:45] | Well, that’s a look. | 有点傻气 |
[07:48] | That’s also a look. | 现在是有点杀气 |
[07:50] | I can’t find anything to wear for my interview. | 我找不到适合面试穿的衣服 |
[07:52] | Well, let’s see. | 来看看 |
[07:55] | That’s pretty cute. | 这件不错啊 |
[07:57] | “Can’t find” was code for “can’t fit into.” | “找不到”真实的意思是”穿不进” |
[08:00] | Don’t be so hard on yourself, honey. | 亲爱的 别太为难自己了 |
[08:01] | You just had a baby. | 你刚生完孩子 |
[08:03] | I’ll make sure to tell them that. | 我会记得告诉他们这件事的 |
[08:04] | Apparently everyone loves a working mother. | 貌似大家都喜欢职场女性呢 |
[08:06] | Is that code for something? | 这句话也有另一层意思吗 |
[08:08] | Yeah, your family sucks. | 有 你的家人都很差劲 |
[08:09] | Ooh, sounds like I missed a good dinner. | 听起来我错过了精彩的晚餐啦 |
[08:12] | – Am I a bad mom because I want a career? – Hell no! | -我想有一份职业就是个坏妈妈吗 -当然不是 |
[08:14] | And you’re teachin’ your daughter that she can grow up | 而且你是在教育你的女儿 她长大以后 |
[08:17] | to do something more than raise kids. | 也能做到养儿育女之外的事 |
[08:19] | Yeah! | 就是说嘛 |
[08:20] | And you’re gonna go in there and you’re gonna get this job. | 你到时候就去电视台将这份工作拿下 |
[08:22] | Yeah! | 就是说嘛 |
[08:23] | But not in that. | 但不是穿着这套衣服 |
[08:25] | Yeah. | 就是说嘛 |
[08:27] | – I’m waitin’. – For what? | -我在等着呢 -等什么呢 |
[08:29] | The “I told you so.” | 你那句”我早跟你说过了” |
[08:31] | ‘Cause I coddled Sheldon and apparently ruined his life. | 貌似我太宠谢尔顿 毁了他的人生 |
[08:36] | I’m not gonna say that. | 我才不会这么说 |
[08:39] | I mean, you did coddle him and I did tell ya– | 虽然你的确是太宠他 而我也跟你说… |
[08:41] | All right, I told you so. | 好吧 我早跟你说过了 |
[08:43] | Thanks for not sayin’ it. | 真是谢谢你没落井下石啊 |
[08:45] | Well, what does he know? | 哎呀 他懂个屁啊 |
[08:46] | He’s just a dumb teenager. | 他就是个傻青少年 |
[08:48] | I guess it is normal for teenagers to blame their parents for stuff. | 可能青少年怪爸妈是很稀松平常的事吧 |
[08:53] | Sheldon’s normal. | 谢尔顿跟其他人一样 |
[08:54] | That’s a shocker. | 真是令人惊讶 |
[08:55] | Great, the one normal thing he does is blame me. | 爽啊 他唯一跟普通人一样的地方就是怪妈妈 |
[08:59] | Someday his kids are gonna tell him he’s ruinin’ their lives. | 总有一天 他的孩子也会怪罪他毁了他们人生 |
[09:02] | You think? | 你真这么认为吗 |
[09:03] | If he has ’em, they’re gonna say it. | 如果他有孩子 他们肯定会这样说 |
[09:06] | So probably not. | 多半是不会有那一天了 |
[09:09] | Joke’s on him. | 老爸糗了吧 |
[09:10] | I did have kids. | 我还真有孩子 |
[09:12] | And joke’s on me. | 不过我也糗了 |
[09:13] | They say it all the time. | 孩子们天天怨我 |
[09:21] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[09:22] | Oh, you’re out and about early. | 你这么早就出门了 |
[09:24] | Yeah, got a lot going on today. | 是啊 今天有很多事 |
[09:26] | Connie’s taking me out shopping and then to the salon | 康妮要带我去购物 然后去发廊 |
[09:28] | – to get ready for my interview. – Nice. | -为面试拾掇拾掇外表 -挺好啊 |
[09:30] | A little mommy-daughter day? | 今天你们母女俩独处吗 |
[09:31] | Daddy-daughter day. Here ya go. | 是父女俩独处 给 |
[09:34] | I have work. | 我要上班呢 |
[09:35] | Well, I like to think fatherhood is a full-time job. | 我认为当爹也是一份全职工作 |
[09:38] | How am I gonna feed her? | 我怎么喂她啊 |
[09:39] | I don’t have the… you know. | 我没有那两坨… |
[09:42] | Formula’s in the bag. | 包包里有奶粉 |
[09:43] | Tag, you’re it. | 轮到你了 |
[09:44] | Bye, CeeCee. | 再见 丝丝 |
[09:48] | Well, looks like it’s just me and you. | 看来就剩你和老爸我啦 |
[09:51] | Let me give you the tour. | 我带你逛一圈 |
[09:53] | That’s Axl Rose. | 那是摇滚歌手艾克索·罗斯[枪炮与玫瑰] |
[09:55] | He’s awesome. | 他超帅的 |
[09:57] | That’s the weight bench. | 那是举重床 |
[09:58] | That’s where Daddy gets ripped. | 老爸就在那练壮壮的 |
[10:00] | Yeah. And that’s the sink | 这个洗手池 |
[10:02] | your mom totally peed in once. | 就是你妈在里头尿过的那个 |
[10:05] | It’s true. | 是真的哦 |
[10:05] | I know, it’s true. | 难以置信吧 但是真的 |
[10:08] | Ooh, Volvo– safe and flashy. | 沃尔沃牌轿车啊 安全又耀眼 |
[10:10] | – Like me. – Sheldon… | -就像我一样 -谢尔顿 |
[10:11] | I haven’t had my coffee yet. | 我还没喝咖啡 无力应付你 |
[10:13] | I thought you might say that. | 我料到你会这样说 |
[10:15] | – Thank you. – I’m not a coffee drinker. | -谢谢 -我不喝咖啡 |
[10:18] | I hope you like seven sugars. | 希望你喜欢加了七颗糖的口味 |
[10:21] | So what’s so important it got you outside? | 有什么要紧事逼得你都跑室外来了 |
[10:23] | I had an idea that I think might be beneficial | 我有个主意 可能对大学和我 |
[10:25] | to both the university and me. | 都有好处 |
[10:26] | An exclusive summer program led | 独有的暑期项目 |
[10:28] | by a prestigious scientist of my choosing. | 由我选择的有威望的科学家领衔 |
[10:30] | I’ve got an idea. | 我也有个主意 |
[10:32] | Apply to a school that already has it, | 你去申请已经有这种项目的学校 |
[10:34] | get in, and go there. | 加入后就去那里待着 |
[10:36] | Well, to be honest, | 说实话 |
[10:37] | with my current résumé, I may not get in anywhere, | 就我现在的履历 我可能哪里都进不去 |
[10:40] | which is why we need a program like this. | 所以我们才需要这样的项目 |
[10:42] | Sheldon, we don’t have the time or the resources | 谢尔顿 我们没时间也没资源 |
[10:44] | to create a brand-new summer program. | 去创建一个全新的暑期项目 |
[10:46] | Oh, that’s just sleepy talk. Take a few more sips, | 你还没睡醒才会说胡话 再喝几口 |
[10:48] | let that sugar kick in. | 等糖劲儿上来就好了 |
[10:50] | The answer is no. | 答案是不行 |
[10:54] | I knew I should have put whiskey in that coffee. | 我就该加点威士忌到咖啡里的 |
[11:01] | Whose baby? | 这是谁家的孩子啊 |
[11:02] | Mine. | 我的 |
[11:03] | And you brought her to a gambling room? | 你居然把她带来地下赌场 |
[11:06] | Why not? There’s flashin’ lights and fun noises. | 有什么问题 这里有闪烁的灯光和可爱的音效 |
[11:08] | It’s basically Chuck E. Cheese. | 和游戏餐厅没什么区别 |
[11:10] | Can I touch her head for luck? | 我能摸她的小脑袋祈求好运吗 |
[11:12] | No. | 不行 |
[11:13] | Come on, I just washed my hands. | 拜托啦 我刚刚才洗过手 |
[11:17] | Make it quick. | 那摸快点 |
[11:19] | Come on, baby. | 帮帮忙啦 宝宝 |
[11:20] | Uncle Wade needs a win. | 韦德叔叔急需赢一把 |
[11:23] | All right, that’s enough. | 够了收起你的爪 |
[11:30] | That’s what I’m talkin’ about! | 就是这样 |
[11:32] | I told you babies is good luck. | 我说得没错吧 宝宝会带来好运 |
[11:35] | Can I touch her head, too? | 我也能摸摸她的脑袋吗 |
[11:37] | All right, no one else is touchin’ my baby’s head… | 好了 其他人都不准再摸我家孩子的头 |
[11:41] | for free. | 除非付费 |
[11:43] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[11:44] | Five bucks. | 五块 |
[11:45] | – Worth it. – Sold. | -值得 -成交 |
[11:57] | Hey, dummy. | 大傻 |
[11:58] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[12:00] | If it’s about CeeCee being here, I can explain. | 如果是因为我带了丝丝来 我可以解释的 |
[12:03] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[12:04] | Right here. | 在我这 |
[12:08] | Really? | 你不是吧 |
[12:09] | It’s fine. | 没事的啦 |
[12:10] | He’s got, like, 15 grandkids. | 他有大概15个孙子呢 |
[12:13] | We’ll get back to that. | 等等再说这茬 |
[12:14] | I have spent my day | 我今天一整天 |
[12:16] | listening to Mandy bitch about you. | 都在听曼蒂抱怨你 |
[12:19] | Well, I don’t suppose you stuck up for me? | 估计你没帮我说话吧 |
[12:21] | No. | 当然没有 |
[12:22] | If you really want to be with that girl, | 你要是真想和那姑娘成家 |
[12:24] | you will not be the one to stand in her way. | 你就别妨碍她 |
[12:26] | I’m not trying to. | 我没想妨碍她 |
[12:29] | I just want to do what’s best for CeeCee. | 我只是为丝丝好 |
[12:32] | Obviously. | 显然如此 |
[12:33] | Don’t you think she deserves | 她难道不该有个 |
[12:34] | a mom who’s home with her? | 在家陪伴她的妈妈吗 |
[12:36] | I think she deserves a mom who’s happy | 我认为她该有个快乐 |
[12:38] | and supported by her dad. | 且得到她爸爸支持的妈妈 |
[12:41] | Huh. | 是哦 |
[12:42] | Why is that woman touchin’ her head? | 那女人怎么在摸她的头 |
[12:44] | I’ll handle it. Hey! | 我来处理 喂 |
[12:45] | You got to pay for that. | 得付钱才能摸 |
[12:52] | Come on, Cooper. | 加油啊 库珀 |
[12:54] | See? He’s been here since this morning. | 瞧 他从今早开始就一直待在这 |
[12:57] | He won’t leave. | 不肯走 |
[12:58] | – What do you want me to do? – Get him to leave. | -你想要我做什么 -把他赶出去 |
[13:01] | Oh, good, you’re both here. | 太好了 你俩都来了 |
[13:03] | This will go faster with three of us. | 我们三人协力 进展会更快 |
[13:05] | Now, do it! Give him the boot. | 快上啊 把他踢出去 |
[13:08] | Trying to solve unified field theory? | 你想完成统一场论吗 |
[13:10] | Yes. Who needs a summer program | 是的 要是能完成连爱因斯坦 |
[13:12] | if you can solve what Albert Einstein couldn’t. | 都无法突破的理论 谁还需要暑期项目呢 |
[13:14] | Let’s see Caltech say no to this. | 加州理工怎能拒绝这个 |
[13:16] | Sheldon, you’re not gonna solve this | 谢尔顿 你不可能在短短一个下午内 |
[13:18] | – in an afternoon. – Or ever. | -就取得突破 -永远也不可能 |
[13:20] | Well, I need to do something to stand out. | 但我必须做出些成绩 脱颖而出 |
[13:22] | I think you’re putting too much pressure on this summer program. | 你给暑期项目的事施加太多压力了 |
[13:26] | You can apply next year. | 你可以明年再申请 |
[13:27] | I can’t wait a whole nother year. | 我不能再等一年 |
[13:29] | I’ll fall even further behind. | 我会比现在落后更多 |
[13:30] | And then when I’m applying to Columbia, | 等我申请哥伦比亚大学时 |
[13:32] | Sam will be using her letter of recommendation | 珊姆已经利用推荐信 |
[13:34] | to get into Caltech, and then when I apply to Caltech, | 进入加州理工了 等我再申请加州理工时 |
[13:36] | they’ll say, “Oh, you’re from East Texas Tech, too. | 他们会说 “你也是东德州理工的啊 |
[13:38] | Well, you must know Sam, she’s been here a year longer than you | 你一定认识珊姆吧 她比你早一年进来 |
[13:40] | and you’ll never catch up.” | 你永远也追不上她” |
[13:43] | I think you need to calm down. | 你先冷静下来 |
[13:44] | I can’t calm down. I have to keep pushing myself | 我无法冷静 我必须不断鞭策自己 |
[13:46] | or I’ll fall farther and farther behind until I’m a… | 否则我会越来越落后 直到沦为一个… |
[13:48] | aging professor in a small university | 小型大学里的老教授 |
[13:50] | with nothing to show for my work. | 毫无成果可示人 |
[13:52] | Ouch, I think he’s talking about you. | 扎心了 他说的好像是你 |
[13:54] | – I think he’s talking about us. – No. | -他说的好像是我们 -才不是 |
[13:57] | I’m wasting too much time sleeping at night. | 我晚上睡觉浪费太多时间了 |
[13:58] | In fact, where’s the coffee machine? | 我应该问 咖啡机在哪 |
[14:00] | Perhaps it is time I start chasing the caffeine dragon. | 或许我该开始追逐咖啡因巨龙了 |
[14:02] | – Sheldon, listen to us. – Why should I? | -谢尔顿 听我们说 -我为什么要听 |
[14:04] | You let this happen to me. | 是你们任由这种事发生在我身上 |
[14:06] | You failed as my mentors. | 你们是不称职的导师 |
[14:11] | What are you doing?! | 你在做什么 |
[14:12] | You’re still the student, this is still my office, | 你仍是学生 这里仍是我的办公室 |
[14:14] | and it’s time for you to leave. | 你该离开了 |
[14:18] | I’m afraid he’s right. | 恐怕他说得对 |
[14:27] | There she is. | 她回来啦 |
[14:29] | Hi! | 你好啊 |
[14:32] | Um, why does she smell like smoke? | 她身上为什么一股烟味 |
[14:34] | Oh, she hung out with me in the gambling room. | 她和我去地下赌场玩了 |
[14:36] | What? | 什么 |
[14:37] | She was a hit. Everybody said she was good luck. | 她可受欢迎了 人人都说她象征着好运 |
[14:40] | Okay, so I-I guess it went well? | 好吧 那看来一切顺利 |
[14:43] | It did. | 很顺利 |
[14:44] | So, if you get that job, | 如果你得到那份工作了 |
[14:46] | I’m all for it. | 我会全力支持你 |
[14:50] | Okay, good. | 好 好 |
[14:53] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[14:57] | Today was the longest I’ve been away from her, | 我从没试过像今天这样离开她那么久 |
[14:58] | and it was awful. | 感觉糟透了 |
[15:01] | So you don’t want the job? | 那你不想要那份工作了吗 |
[15:04] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:07] | I think you should give it a shot. | 我觉得你应该先试试 |
[15:09] | – Really? – Well, you were all excited about it. | -真的吗 -你之前说起工作多兴奋啊 |
[15:12] | And if you get the job, you can still say no. | 再说就算你得到工作了 还是可以拒绝的 |
[15:15] | Yeah, that’s a good point. | 这话说得好 |
[15:17] | I’d love to see you on TV. | 我很想在电视上看到你 |
[15:20] | Aw. | 讨厌 |
[15:21] | Then I can say I slept with that girl on TV. | 那我就能炫耀说 我睡过电视上那女的 |
[15:23] | Okay, well… | 气氛被你杀死了 |
[15:27] | ♪ Raindrops are falling on my head ♪ | ♪ 雨点滴落在我头上 ♪ |
[15:31] | ♪ And just like the guy ♪ | ♪ 就像那个男人 ♪ |
[15:33] | ♪ Whose feet are too big for his bed ♪ | ♪ 双脚太大 连床都放不下 ♪ |
[15:37] | ♪ Nothing seems to fit ♪ | ♪ 一切都不顺心 ♪ |
[15:39] | ♪ Those raindrops… ♪ | ♪ 那些雨点… ♪ |
[15:41] | Why are you listening to this? | 你怎么在听这首歌 |
[15:43] | I was upset, and this was the most angst-filled song | 我不开心 这首是我在老妈的唱片收藏里 |
[15:45] | I could find in Mom’s record collection. | 能找到的最充满愤怒的歌了 |
[15:47] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[15:48] | These are grown-up problems. | 这是大人的烦恼 |
[15:50] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会懂的 |
[15:51] | Okay, bye. | 那好 再见 |
[15:52] | I was the youngest student at the university, and now… | 我是大学里年纪最小的学生 现在… |
[15:54] | I thought I wouldn’t understand your problems. | 不是说我不会懂你的烦恼吗 |
[15:58] | Well, you’re all I’ve got. | 但我只有你这个倾诉对象 |
[16:00] | I always assumed | 我一直认为 |
[16:01] | that I’d be the youngest student in grad school, | 我会是研究所里年纪最小的学生 |
[16:03] | and then the youngest person to win the Nobel Prize, | 也会是年纪最小的诺贝尔奖获得者 |
[16:05] | and now it’s all slipping away. | 然而现在这一切都在离我远去 |
[16:06] | No one cares how old you are. | 没人在乎你的年纪 |
[16:09] | Really? You don’t think I get treated special | 真的吗 你不觉得我得到特殊照顾 |
[16:11] | because of my age and intellect? | 都是因为我的年纪和才智吗 |
[16:13] | I guess you do get everything you want all the time. | 你确实总能得到你想要的 |
[16:16] | See? | 对吧 |
[16:16] | And whenever you’re obnoxious | 你每次做出令人讨厌的事 |
[16:18] | it’s always, “Poor Sheldon, he doesn’t know any better.” | 他们就会帮你辩解 “可怜的谢尔顿不懂事” |
[16:20] | Exactly. “Poor Sheldon.” | 没错 “可怜的谢尔顿” |
[16:23] | At grad school, everybody’s going to be smart. | 研究所里的每个人都很聪明 |
[16:25] | If I’m not the youngest, how am I gonna stand out? | 如果我不是年纪最小的 我还怎么脱颖而出 |
[16:27] | Sheldon, you’re a kid talking about going to grad school. | 谢尔顿 你是个正谈论着上研究所的小孩 |
[16:30] | You have no problems. | 你不会有任何问题的 |
[16:31] | I knew you wouldn’t understand. | 我就知道你不会懂 |
[16:33] | I do– instead of being a kid genius, | 我懂 你担心自己到时 |
[16:35] | you’re worried you’re just gonna be a regular genius, | 不是天才儿童 只是个普通天才 |
[16:37] | which is a stupid thing for a genius to worry about. | 但作为天才还担心这种事 真的傻透了 |
[16:40] | Well, stupid or not, | 不管傻不傻 |
[16:42] | I may not get to go to Caltech until I’m 15. | 我15岁之前可能无法进入加州理工了 |
[16:45] | Wait, this is about when you move out? | 等等 这事关你几时从家里搬出去住吗 |
[16:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:48] | I take it back, this is a big deal. | 我收回前言 这事非常重要 |
[16:49] | ♪ Because I’m free ♪ | ♪ 因为我自由自在 ♪ |
[16:54] | ♪ Nothing’s worrying me. ♪ | ♪ 无忧无虑 ♪ |
[16:57] | All right. | 好 |
[16:58] | So, we’re just gonna put you on tape | 我们开机给你录一段 |
[16:59] | and see how it goes. | 看看效果如何 |
[17:01] | Okay. Uh, I’m ready. | 好 我准备好了 |
[17:03] | Okay. | 行 |
[17:05] | In three… | 倒数三… |
[17:09] | All right, let’s take a look at our forecast for tonight. | 我们来看看今晚的天气预报 |
[17:12] | Winds from the west are headed our way, | 西边的冷风正朝我们吹来 |
[17:14] | taking temperatures down to a cool 43 degrees. | 导致温度会降至6℃ |
[17:18] | But you know what they say in Texas– | 不过你也知道德州有句老话 |
[17:19] | if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes. | 如果你不喜欢此刻的天气 等五分钟就会变化 |
[17:22] | Actually, I’ve never said that, | 其实我本人没说过这句话 |
[17:24] | but my Aunt Bonnie does. | 但我姑妈邦妮倒是常挂在嘴边 |
[17:25] | She’s not wrong though, | 她说得也没错 |
[17:27] | because those chilly days are gonna pass us by, | 那些阴冷的日子很快会过去 |
[17:29] | and by the weekend we’re looking at sunny and 72. | 到周末会变成晴天 气温也会升至22℃ |
[17:33] | Mandy was proving that new mothers | 曼蒂证明了其他人能做的事 |
[17:35] | could do anything anyone else could do. | 初为人母者同样能做到 |
[17:37] | In fact, they could do more, | 事实上 她们能做到更多 |
[17:40] | like make their own milk, | 比如自己产乳 |
[17:42] | right there, on camera. | 就在镜头前 |
[17:44] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[17:47] | Not if you live on the coast, | 住在沿海地区就有事了 |
[17:48] | because there is a storm front building, | 因为一场风暴正在酝酿 |
[17:51] | so we need to keep an eye on, uh, | 我们需要留意… |
[17:53] | these clouds | 云团 |
[17:55] | right here. | 就是这边这些 |
[17:56] | Uh, but there’s a low-pressure system building, | 不过低气压系统正在生成 |
[17:59] | um, over here, | 在这里 |
[18:00] | and, uh, | 会… |
[18:02] | well, then, that could bring rain to, uh, | 带来降雨 |
[18:04] | to this whole area here. | 到这边这个区域 |
[18:07] | So, for Channel 7 weather, | 以上是7频道的天气预报 |
[18:08] | I’m Mandy McAllister. Good night. | 我是曼蒂·麦卡利斯特 晚安 |
[18:19] | And I just wanted to say I’m sorry for my behavior. | 我想为我之前的行为道歉 |
[18:22] | I realized that I’m going to age out | 我认识到不管有没有你们的帮忙 |
[18:23] | of being a child prodigy regardless of your help. | 我都会长到不再是神童的年纪 |
[18:26] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[18:28] | It takes maturity to admit when you’re wrong. | 勇于承认错误是成熟的表现 |
[18:30] | I know, even this apology is grown-up. | 就是说啊 连这句道歉都是大人才会做的 |
[18:33] | Well, this is all a disaster. | 这一切都是灾难 |
[18:34] | Son, it’s not. Believe me, no one is more excited | 不是的 相信我 没人比我 |
[18:37] | for you to go to grad school than I am. | 更盼着你去读研究生 |
[18:39] | I don’t know, you should talk to my sister. | 这可不一定 你该问问我妹妹 |
[18:41] | Anyway, thank you for hearing me out. | 总之 谢谢你们听我说完 |
[18:43] | Actually, Sheldon, I do have some news. | 其实谢尔顿 我有新情况 |
[18:46] | I reached out to a colleague | 我联系了一位同事 |
[18:48] | who’s doing a summer research program | 他正在海德堡大学 |
[18:50] | at the University of Heidelberg, | 做一项暑期研究项目 |
[18:52] | and I think I can get you in. | 我应该能帮你加入 |
[18:55] | Heidelberg, Germany? | 德国的海德堡吗 |
[18:56] | A summer program 5,000 miles away. | 八千公里外的暑期项目 |
[18:58] | Only a fool would say no to that. | 傻子才会拒绝 |
[19:00] | Well, that would certainly help my grad school applications. | 那绝对对我申请研究所有帮助 |
[19:02] | Yes, and they’re doing exciting work on superstrings. | 没错 他们正在对超弦理论进行有意思的研究 |
[19:06] | Fantastisch. That’s German for “fantastic.” | 妙哉 就是德语的”棒极了” |
[19:09] | Ich helfe dir beim packen. | 吾助汝具装 |
[19:11] | That’s German for “I’ll help you pack.” | 就是德语的”我会帮你收拾行李” |