时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Only 42 days until I go to Caltech. | 还有42天 我就要去加州理工了 |
[00:06] | That can’t be right. | 不可能这么快吧 |
[00:08] | Oh, it is. It’s in my calendar, too. | 他算得没错 我也在倒计时这件事 |
[00:10] | You don’t have to be so excited about it. | 你也不用这么兴奋吧 |
[00:12] | It’s a little late to pretend that I like him. | 现在假装我喜欢他 有点晚了 |
[00:14] | There’s still so much to do before I go: | 我在走之前 还要做好多事 |
[00:16] | write my graduation speech, | 写我的毕业演讲稿 |
[00:18] | last trip to the comic book store, | 最后再去一次漫画书店 |
[00:19] | last lunch with Tam at the high school. | 和高中同学丹吃最后一顿午餐 |
[00:21] | I didn’t know you and Tam were still friends. | 我都不知道你和丹仍然是朋友 |
[00:23] | Why would you think that? | 你为什么会这么想 |
[00:24] | Because you never see him. | 因为你们从不见面 |
[00:26] | My favorite kind of friend. | 我最喜欢的就是从不见面的朋友 |
[00:27] | Well, make sure you leave room for the family photo, | 记得把拍全家福的时间空出来 |
[00:30] | because that is definitely happening before you go away. | 在你走之前 我们必须得拍全家福 |
[00:33] | Seriously? That bluebonnet thing? | 真的吗 要在蓝帽花丛中拍全家福 |
[00:36] | That is so lame. | 太逊了 |
[00:37] | It is not lame. It is a Texas tradition. | 哪里逊了 这可是德州传统 |
[00:41] | For those of you who don’t know | 如果你们不知道 |
[00:42] | what my mother is talking abou, it’s this | 我妈妈在说什么 她说的是这个 |
[00:45] | and this and all these. | 这个 还有全部这些 |
[00:48] | Forcing your family to dress in matching outfits | 逼迫你全家人穿上配套的衣服 |
[00:51] | and be photographed in a field of fire ants and bees | 在充斥着红火蚁和蜜蜂的田野里拍照 |
[00:55] | is a traditional Texas torture | 这是一项传统德州酷刑 |
[00:57] | dating back to the Great Depression. | 可以追溯到大萧条时期 |
[00:59] | Are they depressed because of financial ruin? | 他们是因为破产而郁郁寡欢吗 |
[01:01] | No, it’s the picture. | 不 是因为他们要拍这张照片 |
[01:03] | I’m pretty booked up, | 我的空余时间基本都排满了 |
[01:04] | but I’ll try and pencil you in if time permits. | 但如果时间允许 我会尽量见缝插针 |
[01:06] | I bought the outfits, I booked the photographer. | 我已经买好了衣服 约好了摄影师 |
[01:08] | You’re doing it. | 你必须得拍 |
[01:10] | Doing what? | 拍什么 |
[01:11] | That bluebonnet photo. | 蓝帽花丛中的全家福 |
[01:13] | – Aw, come on. I don’t want to. – If he doesn’t have to… | -拜托 我不想拍 -如果他都不想拍 |
[01:16] | We are all doing it, and we’re all gonna be happy | 所有人都得去拍 不管你们喜不喜欢 |
[01:18] | whether you like it or not. | 大家都得开开心心的 |
[01:21] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:24] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:27] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:30] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:32] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:41] | Hey, Tom, you wanted to see me? | 汤姆 你找我有事吗 |
[01:42] | Uh, yeah, why don’t you close the door. | 是的 把门关上吧 |
[01:45] | That always makes me nervous. | 关门总是会让我很紧张 |
[01:46] | No, it’s good. | 别紧张 是好事 |
[01:47] | Then why can’t the door stay open? | 那为什么不能把门一直开着 |
[01:49] | Fine, leave it open. | 好吧 那你把门开着 |
[01:50] | Eh, I already closed it. | 算了 关都关了 |
[01:52] | So, what’s up? | 所以 你有什么事 |
[01:54] | Well, George, you’ve had a hell of a season. | 乔治 这一赛季你做得很好 |
[01:58] | Now I wish the door was open. | 现在我后悔刚刚没把门打开了 |
[02:00] | I got a buddy who coaches at Rice who was asking about you. | 我有个朋友在莱斯大学当教练 他问起你 |
[02:04] | Great college. | 那大学很不错 |
[02:06] | – So, what’d you tell him? – Well, I told him | -那你怎么跟他说的 -我跟他说 |
[02:08] | you wouldn’t be interested, you’re pretty happy here. | 你不会感兴趣的 你在这里很开心 |
[02:11] | What? | 什么 |
[02:12] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么说 |
[02:13] | So you’re not happy here? | 难道你在这里不开心吗 |
[02:14] | Wha… No, of course I’m happy here, it’s just… | 什么 不是 我在这里当然很开心 只是 |
[02:17] | Aw, I’m just messing with you. | 我逗你玩的 |
[02:20] | I told them you’d be a fantastic coach | 我跟他们说 你会是个很棒的教练 |
[02:22] | and they’d be crazy not to take you. | 不雇你绝对是他们的损失 |
[02:24] | Wow, Tom, I… | 汤姆 我… |
[02:27] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么好了 |
[02:28] | You can say no and stay here. | 你可以说不 然后留在这里 |
[02:29] | Well, I sure ain’t saying that. | 我肯定不会这么说 |
[02:32] | But moving to Houston– that’s a big deal. | 但搬去休斯顿 这是件大事 |
[02:35] | That’s why I wanted to give you a heads-up, | 所以我才提前给你透露消息 |
[02:36] | so you and Mary could talk before they make the offer. | 让你能在他们正式发出邀约之前 和玛丽商量一下 |
[02:40] | Appreciate that. | 多谢你了 |
[02:42] | Congratulations, George. | 祝贺你 乔治 |
[02:45] | I’ve always believed in you. | 我一直很相信你 |
[02:46] | What about that time you fired me? | 明明那次你还想炒我鱿鱼 |
[02:48] | We’re having a nice moment, do you have to? | 我俩正在友好谈话 何必非要翻旧账 |
[02:55] | Hey, Sheldon, what’s up? | 谢尔顿 你来干什么 |
[02:57] | I’m leaving soon | 我就快要离开了 |
[02:58] | and I want to remember this place exactly the way it is. | 所以我想分毫不差地记住这里的样子 |
[03:01] | Mister, could you move? I don’t know you. | 先生 你能走开吗 我不认识你 |
[03:06] | – Better. – Where you going? | -好多了 -你要去哪 |
[03:08] | California. | 加州 |
[03:10] | Home of the San Diego Comic-Con. | 圣迭戈漫展的故乡 |
[03:12] | Rad. | 炫哦 |
[03:15] | It’s how they talk there. | 那边人就喜欢这么说话 |
[03:16] | I didn’t realize I was gonna have to learn another language. | 我都没意识到我还要学一门新语言 |
[03:18] | Well, if I can do it, anyone can. | 连我都能学会 你肯定没问题 |
[03:21] | Do you know any comic book stores in Pasadena? | 你知道帕萨迪那有什么好的漫画书店吗 |
[03:23] | I’m worried I’m not gonna find any as good as this one. | 我担心我在那边找不到和这家一样棒的 |
[03:26] | I like to think a comic book store is only | 我认为 决定一家漫画书店好坏的 |
[03:28] | as good as the people who hang out in it. | 是聚在那里面的人 |
[03:30] | Do you like the people who hang out in this one? | 你喜欢聚在这家漫画书店里的人吗 |
[03:34] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[03:36] | I also need to stock up on some more T-shirts while I’m here. | 趁着还没走 我还得多囤几件短袖 |
[03:39] | Yeah, sure. I mean, you want to look bitchin’. | 没错 你得让自己看起来很屌 |
[03:42] | It’s another thing they say in SoCal. | 南加州人也很爱用这个词 |
[03:44] | I won’t be saying that. | 我肯定不会这么说 |
[03:46] | Well, guess I’ll see you around. | 那我们下次再见吧 |
[03:48] | – You probably won’t. – Okay. | -应该见不到了 -好的 |
[03:51] | And I never saw him again. | 我确实再也没见过他 |
[03:54] | Oh, good. | 来得正好 |
[03:55] | Was hoping to talk to you alone. | 我有件事想单独和你商量一下 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:57] | Uh, you want to shut the door? | 要不把门关上吧 |
[03:59] | – Uh-oh. – No, it’s actually pretty exciting. | -情况不妙 -不 其实是个惊喜 |
[04:02] | Oh, tell me. | 那你快说 |
[04:03] | And it’s also a little scary. | 但也有点惊吓 |
[04:05] | George, just say it. | 乔治 你有话直说 |
[04:08] | I’m getting offered a coaching job at Rice. | 莱斯大学想让我过去当教练 |
[04:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:13] | Special teams. | 我带特殊球员组 |
[04:15] | Yeah. And I… I know moving’s a big deal, | 我知道搬家是件大事 |
[04:19] | and-and it’s okay if now’s not the right time. | 如果现在时机不合适 那也没问题 |
[04:21] | You should take it. | 你应该接下这份工作 |
[04:24] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:25] | Well… | 毕竟… |
[04:29] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[04:30] | Georgie and Mandy are out of the house, | 小乔治和曼蒂已经搬出去了 |
[04:33] | Sheldon’s leaving soon, | 谢尔顿也快走了 |
[04:34] | and Missy’s starting a new school anyway. | 米希反正也升学要去新学校 |
[04:36] | It seems like a good time to do this. | 感觉现在搬家 是个不错的时机 |
[04:39] | What about your mom and CeeCee? | 那你妈妈和丝丝怎么办 |
[04:41] | I’m not saying it’s gonna be easy, | 我没说这事会很容易 |
[04:43] | but it’s not that far away. | 但其实离得也没那么远啊 |
[04:46] | Yeah, I guess, but… | 你说得没错 但是 |
[04:48] | George, you deserve this. | 乔治 你值得这个机会 |
[04:52] | I mean, college ball– that’s the dream. | 我的确是一直都梦想当大学橄榄球队教练 |
[04:58] | Sounds like we’re moving to Houston. | 看来我们要搬去休斯顿了 |
[05:10] | And bless the hands that prepared it. Amen. | 也请保佑为我们准备食物的人 阿门 |
[05:12] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[05:13] | Since everyone is here, | 既然大家都在 |
[05:16] | there’s something we want to talk to y’all about. | 我们想宣布一件事 |
[05:18] | Oh, no, what’s wrong now? | 不是吧 又出什么事了 |
[05:20] | It isn’t always bad news. | 又不是每次都是坏消息 |
[05:21] | Last time we had a family meeting it was because | 上次开家庭会议 是因为 |
[05:23] | Georgie got a girl pregnant out of wedlock. | 小乔治让一个女生未婚先孕了 |
[05:25] | Which was great news. | 那明明是好消息 |
[05:27] | Eventually. | 从结果来说是好的 |
[05:28] | It’s nothing like that. | 我们要说的不是那种消息 |
[05:32] | I got a job offer from Rice. | 莱斯[米饭]想让我过去工作 |
[05:34] | A-Roni? | 做速食米饭那家公司吗 |
[05:36] | University. | 是莱斯大学 |
[05:38] | You can understand the mistake. | 我误解也很正常 |
[05:40] | Your father got offered a coaching job. | 你爸爸被邀请过去当教练 |
[05:43] | George, Congratulations. | 乔治 恭喜你 |
[05:44] | College ball– that is a big deal. | 去大学教橄榄球 这很了不起 |
[05:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:48] | Wait, where is Rice? | 等等 莱斯大学在哪里 |
[05:50] | Houston. | 休斯顿 |
[05:51] | Does that mean you’d move? | 所以你们要搬家吗 |
[05:53] | Well, if I take it, yeah. | 如果我接下那份工作 那就要搬 |
[05:55] | So, I’d start high school in Houston? | 所以 我要去休斯顿上高中吗 |
[05:57] | We know that would be a big change. | 我们知道这变化很大 |
[05:59] | I’d get to be the new girl in a city with malls and a Six Flags. | 我可以成为新来的转学生 而且那里还有商场和乐园 |
[06:03] | We were worried you’d be upset. | 我们还担心你会不开心 |
[06:04] | I’m upset, that’s a lot of babysitters to lose. | 我就很不开心 一下子少了好多能帮忙带孩子的人 |
[06:07] | I’m still here. | 我还在啊 |
[06:08] | Yeah, but your bedtime’s earlier than CeeCee’s. | 没错 但你的睡觉时间比丝丝还要早 |
[06:10] | Only when I’m drinking. | 只有我喝醉酒才会这样啦 |
[06:13] | Excuse me, don’t I get a say in this? | 抱歉 但这事我没有发言权吗 |
[06:15] | Why? You’re leaving in 41 days. | 你管这个干什么 你还有41天就要走了 |
[06:17] | Doesn’t matter, this is still my home. | 那不重要 这里仍然是我的家 |
[06:19] | Shelly, you’ll have a new home. | 谢利 你会有个新家的 |
[06:21] | Maybe with a pool. | 或许还会有个泳池 |
[06:22] | Ooh, the new girl gets a pool. | 新来的女孩家里还有泳池呢 |
[06:27] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[06:28] | To eat in my room while I still have one. | 去我的房间吃饭 趁我还有房间 |
[06:34] | Sheldon’s upset and Missy’s good. | 谢尔顿不爽 米希很高兴 |
[06:37] | Yeah, sounds about right. | 非常合理的反应 |
[06:39] | Ooh, the new girl has a pool. | 新来的女孩家里有泳池 |
[06:43] | Can we talk? | 我们能聊两句吗 |
[06:45] | – About you not moving? – Sheldon. | -聊不搬家的事吗 -谢尔顿 |
[06:47] | You know how excited you are to go to Caltech? | 你对于要去加州理工读书是不是很兴奋 |
[06:50] | That’s how I feel about going to Houston. | 我对去休斯顿也是同样感觉 |
[06:52] | But when I was going to Caltech, | 可是我去加州理工时 |
[06:53] | I still had this home to come back to. | 还有一个可以回的老家 |
[06:55] | You’ll still have a room wherever we end up. | 我们搬去哪里都会留个房间给你啊 |
[06:58] | But it won’t be my room. This is my room. | 但那不是我的房间 这里才是我的房间 |
[07:02] | How about this– we will take all your things with us | 这样如何 我们会带上你所有的东西 |
[07:05] | and we’ll set up your new room exactly the same. | 并把新房间布置成跟这里一样 |
[07:07] | So, your plan is to gaslight me? | 你的计划就是糊弄我吗 |
[07:10] | I know this is a lot of change, | 我知道这是很大的改变 |
[07:12] | but sometimes change can be good. | 但有时候改变也能带来好的影响啊 |
[07:14] | Tell that to the woolly mammoth. | 把这话跟猛犸象说去吧 |
[07:15] | You can’t, because they went extinct. | 你不能 因为改变让它们灭绝了 |
[07:17] | Sheldon, this isn’t about you. | 谢尔顿 这件事你不是主角 |
[07:19] | This job is good for your father and our family, | 这份工作对你爸爸与我们家庭都很重要 |
[07:21] | so you’re gonna have to deal with it. | 所以你只能学着接受 |
[07:23] | Now pick up that plate, get back out there | 现在给老娘拿起你的盘子 回到餐桌上 |
[07:25] | and have dinner with your family | 跟全家人一起共进晚餐 |
[07:26] | while we’re all still together. | 趁现在大家都还在 |
[07:30] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 女士 |
[07:38] | Dang. That was hot. | 我的天 又呛又辣 |
[07:42] | My world had been rocked, | 我的世界被颠覆了 |
[07:44] | but it was nice to know there were some things | 但知道某些事物还始终不变 |
[07:46] | that would always stay the same, | 令我感到安心 |
[07:48] | like lunch with my old friend, Tam. | 比如跟老朋友丹共进午饭 |
[07:51] | Why are we here? | 我们为什么来这里 |
[07:53] | This is where we always eat. | 我们一直都是在这里吃饭啊 |
[07:54] | You know I graduated last year. | 你知道我去年从这里毕业了吧 |
[07:56] | Oh, good for you. So, where’s your food? | 那恭喜你啊 你的午餐呢 |
[07:59] | When you invited me to lunch, | 你邀请我共进午餐时 |
[08:00] | I thought you meant like a restaurant. | 我以为是要去外面餐厅吃饭 |
[08:03] | That’s okay, I’ll share my sandwich. | 没关系 我的三明治可以分你吃 |
[08:06] | You still don’t eat the crust? | 你现在还是不吃吐司边吗 |
[08:08] | Cutting them off gives my mother purpose. | 帮我切边能满足我妈 |
[08:10] | So, how have you been? | 你近来如何 |
[08:11] | Good. | 不错啊 |
[08:12] | I actually have a girlfriend now and… | 我其实现在还交了一个女朋友… |
[08:14] | Oh, I’ve had a pretty rough time of it lately. | 我最近其实就挺难受的 |
[08:15] | I’m about to go away to Caltech and my parents decided | 我马上就要去加州理工上学了 我爸妈却决定 |
[08:17] | to sell our home and move to Houston. | 要卖掉旧家并搬到休斯顿 |
[08:19] | I mean, that house has my room in it. | 那个我房间所在的家 |
[08:21] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[08:22] | So now some stranger’s gonna move in | 某个陌生人之后就会搬进来 |
[08:23] | and turn it into a den, or worse– | 把我房间变成他的狗窝 或更惨… |
[08:25] | a nursery with a mural of Winnie the Pooh on the wall. | 变成婴儿房 并在墙上画小熊维尼的壁画 |
[08:28] | I think I might ask her to marry me. | 我可能会跟她求婚 |
[08:30] | Feynman and Einstein have been on those walls for five years, | 费曼与爱因斯坦在那面墙上挂五年了 |
[08:32] | and now it’s gonna be Tigger bouncing hither and thither? | 现在要变成跳跳虎在上面到处乱蹦吗 |
[08:35] | Are you at all interested in my life? | 你对我的生活有一点点兴趣吗 |
[08:37] | No, but thank you for asking. | 没有 但谢谢你问我 |
[08:39] | Oh, hello. | 好久不见 |
[08:40] | What are you doing here? | 你回来这里干嘛 |
[08:42] | Taking comfort in the familiar. | 在熟悉的环境中寻找心安 |
[08:44] | Still no wedding ring, I see. That feels good. | 我看到你手上还是没有婚戒 真让我安心 |
[08:46] | Yeah, feels great. | 是啊是啊 可好了 |
[08:49] | So, where was I? | 我刚才说到哪里了 |
[08:50] | Right, uh, Houston. | 对 休斯顿 |
[08:52] | Anyway, my father got offered a coaching pos… | 有学校邀请我爸爸去当教练… |
[08:54] | To solve this problem, we have to remember | 想解决这个问题 我们需要记得 |
[08:55] | the difference between endothermic and exothermic reactions. | 吸热反应与放热反应的差别 |
[08:59] | Hello, Mr. Givens. | 你好啊 吉文斯老师 |
[09:01] | Sheldon? Uh, what are you doing here? | 谢尔顿 你来这里做什么 |
[09:04] | Please don’t tell me you’re teaching. | 别告诉我你是回来当老师的 |
[09:06] | No. I’m leaving for Caltech soon. | 不是 我很快要去加州理工读书了 |
[09:07] | I just wanted to pop in. | 我就是想回来看看 |
[09:09] | Uh, keep reading chapter 12 or pretend to. | 大家继续读第12章 或假装读一下 |
[09:13] | Caltech? Fantastic. | 你去加州理工吗 真棒 |
[09:15] | For Caltech? I know. | 对加州理工来说吗 他们有福了 |
[09:17] | Mm. Well, I’m sure you’re gonna do great things. | 我相信你一定会有一番作为 |
[09:20] | I hope so. I intend to. | 我也希望 而且我正有此意 |
[09:22] | I’m being modest. I will. | 我谦虚了 我一定会的 |
[09:24] | You’re taller, but you’re still the same. | 你人长高了 但性子一点没变啊 |
[09:26] | – It’s fun, isn’t it? – Okay. | -很有趣吧 -好啦 |
[09:29] | Good luck at Caltech, Sheldon. | 祝你在加州理工一切幸运 谢尔顿 |
[09:31] | I don’t believe in luck. | 我不相信运气 |
[09:33] | Well, here’s hoping | 是吗 那我希望 |
[09:34] | that a random universe works out in your favor. | 随机的宇宙最终的结果如你所愿 |
[09:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:39] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:43] | That young man might change the world someday. | 那个年轻人有一天将改变世界 |
[09:47] | Or blow it up. Who’s to say? All right, moving on. | 或毁灭世界 谁说得准呢 继续上课 |
[09:55] | Is that what you’re gonna wear | 你打算穿这衣服 |
[09:56] | – for the family portrait? – We all are. | -去拍全家福吗 -我们全都穿这样啊 |
[09:59] | Well, that’ll be special. | 真是”特别” |
[10:01] | It’ll make Mary happy. | 但玛丽高兴就行了 |
[10:02] | Yeah. All your loved ones together. | 对啊 你爱的所有人齐聚一堂 |
[10:06] | Are you upset you’re not gonna be in the picture? | 你是不是因为没找你去拍在不高兴 |
[10:08] | Standing in a field full of pollen with this nose? | 我这鼻子 让我站在满是花粉的田里吗 |
[10:11] | Are you kidding me? | 别闹了 |
[10:13] | Meemaw. Meemaw. Meemaw. | 姥姥 姥姥 姥姥 |
[10:16] | Does that mean I have to say hello three times? | 你这么敲门 我是不是也得说三次你好 |
[10:18] | No, that would be crazy. | 不用 那太怪了吧 |
[10:19] | Agreed. What’s up? | 同意 什么事 |
[10:21] | How much do you love me? | 你有多爱我 |
[10:23] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[10:24] | – I want you to buy our house. – Why? | -我希望你买下我们家 -为什么 |
[10:26] | So my room is there when I need it. | 这样我需要时 我的房间还会在 |
[10:28] | I thought you couldn’t wait to leave Medford. | 我还以为你都等不及要离开梅德福了呢 |
[10:30] | Just because I don’t want to come back to a place | 我不想回到某个地方 |
[10:31] | doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a place | 不代表我不想拥有一个 |
[10:33] | that I don’t want to come back to. | 我可以不想回到的地方 |
[10:35] | That makes sense to me. | 这我居然能理解 |
[10:36] | Great, let’s talk escrow. | 太好了 我们来谈谈房产交易资金托管 |
[10:39] | It’s completely logical. | 这一切都非常合理啊 |
[10:41] | You don’t have your own house | 你自己的房子没了 |
[10:42] | and you always complain about living with Mr. Ballard. | 而且你整天抱怨跟巴拉德先生同住有多不爽 |
[10:44] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[10:45] | You complaining to him about me? | 你跟他抱怨过我吗 |
[10:46] | No. I complain about you near him. | 不是 我只是在他附近抱怨过你 |
[10:49] | I have excellent hearing. | 我听力超棒 |
[10:51] | It doesn’t matter. Look, actually, | 这都无关紧要 事实上 |
[10:53] | I’m very happy living with Dale. | 我跟戴尔同住非常开心 |
[10:55] | Well, first you’re complaining, now you’re complimenting? | 前面还在抱怨 现在就在夸啦 |
[10:57] | I can go back to complaining. | 我也可以继续抱怨 |
[10:58] | No, no, no. Compliment away. | 不用不用 随你夸吧 |
[11:01] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[11:03] | I really enjoy living with you, | 我真的很享受跟你同住 |
[11:05] | and your… Moose Lodge decor | 而且你的… 驼鹿头墙饰 |
[11:08] | has come to feel like home. | 也开始让我有家的感觉了 |
[11:10] | Now, is that a compliment or a complaint? | 这句到底是称赞还是抱怨 |
[11:12] | It’s a little of both. | 算两者皆是吧 |
[11:14] | I’ll take it. | 我收下了 |
[11:15] | So, whereare we? | 我们说到哪里了 |
[11:16] | Buy my home outright? | 全款买下我家 |
[11:18] | Take over our mortgage? | 还是接手我家的房贷 |
[11:19] | Interest rates are looking darn attractive. | 近期的利率可是十分诱人啊 |
[11:22] | Honestly, I can’t think of | 说实话 我都想不出 |
[11:23] | a better starter home for a new family | 有比这更适合新家庭的起步房了 |
[11:25] | such as the one you’ve accidentally created. | 就比如你们意外组成的这个新家庭 |
[11:27] | Do you think we’d be living with my parents | 你觉得要是我们有能力买下房子 |
[11:29] | if we could afford our own house? | 还会跟我父母同住吗 |
[11:30] | Well, the history of banking in this country | 这个国家银行业的历史 |
[11:32] | is rife with ill-advised loans made to poor people. | 充斥着对穷人乱放贷的案例 |
[11:34] | You could be their next mistake. | 你们可以成为它们下一个错误 |
[11:36] | CeeCee would have her own room | 丝丝可以有自己的房间 |
[11:38] | and we’d have an extra bedroom | 我们也能有一个多余的房间 |
[11:39] | for whatever we want. | 想拿来做什么都行 |
[11:40] | Actually, I’d like my room to stay as is, | 其实我希望我的旧房间能原封不动 |
[11:43] | but when you accidentally have more kids, we can talk. | 但如果你们又意外有了下一个小孩 我们可以谈 |
[11:46] | – It’s happened once bef… – No. | -有一就有… -别想 |
[11:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:49] | Why on Earth would I buy your house? | 我为什么要买下你家 |
[11:51] | Not you, the university. | 不是你 是大学买 |
[11:53] | Okay, why would the university buy your house? | 好 那为什么大学要买下你家 |
[11:55] | We’ve been over this. Someday, | 我们已经谈过这个了 总有一天 |
[11:56] | I’m going to win a Nobel Prize. | 我将会赢下诺贝尔奖 |
[11:58] | My childhood bedroom is in said home. | 伴随我成长的房间就在那个房子里 |
[12:00] | It’s gonna be like the thinking man’s Graceland. | 可以当做是伟人故居 思考者圣地 |
[12:02] | Okay, stop. | 好了 停 |
[12:04] | You know, I’ve always gone out of my way | 你知道我这么久以来总是毫无保留地 |
[12:05] | to do anything to make you happy. | 尽量满足你的需求 |
[12:07] | – I love that about you. – But– | -我非常喜欢你这点 -但是呢… |
[12:09] | now, how can I say this nicely– | 我该怎么说才比较委婉 |
[12:11] | you’re Caltech’s problem now, so, yay. | 你现在是加州理工的麻烦了 所以 万岁 |
[12:15] | But if my parents sell it, | 但如果我父母把它卖了 |
[12:17] | I have no reason to come back. | 我就没有回来的理由了 |
[12:19] | Sheldon, is it possible that what you’re upset about | 谢尔顿 有没有可能令你不开心的 |
[12:22] | is going away to California? | 是要去加州这件事 |
[12:24] | No, I’m excited about that. | 不会 我为此感到很兴奋 |
[12:26] | Well, things can be exciting and scary at the same time. | 很多事物是可以令人又期待又怕受伤害的啊 |
[12:30] | True. Once, on a dare, | 的确 有一次玩大冒险 |
[12:31] | I ate a Sour Patch Kid. I thought I was gonna die. | 我吃了一个酸酸软糖 我差点以为会死掉 |
[12:33] | You would not believe the puckering. | 你绝对想象不到我脸皱成什么样了 |
[12:35] | But now it makes a terrific story. | 但现在变成了很棒的人生故事 |
[12:36] | Oh, riveting. Anyway, | 精彩啊 但总而言之 |
[12:38] | it’s okay to have complicated feelings. | 内心五味杂陈是很正常的 |
[12:41] | Maybe you’re focusing on your parents’ move | 或许你纠结自己父母要搬家的事情 |
[12:43] | because that’s easier than focusing on what lies ahead. | 是因为这比专注在自己的未来更轻松 |
[12:47] | What do you think lies ahead? | 你觉得我未来有什么 |
[12:48] | I don’t know. You’re moving far away. | 我不知道啊 你要搬去很远的地方 |
[12:51] | I am, and I don’t know anyone there. | 是啊 我也不认识那里的任何人 |
[12:54] | And I’m scared of the ocean, and they have earthquakes. | 我也害怕大海 而且那里有地震 |
[12:56] | What am I doing? Maybe I should stay here. | 我在做什么呢 或许我就该留在这里 |
[13:00] | I mean… | 这个嘛… |
[13:02] | Well, you could, but… | 你是可以啊 但… |
[13:04] | Uh… No, Professor Hawking is at Caltech. | 不 霍金教授在加州理工呢 |
[13:08] | He will be very disappointed if you don’t show up | 你要是到时候不去那里 |
[13:11] | and-and tell him that Sour Patch story. | 跟他说你的酸酸软糖故事 他会很失望的 |
[13:14] | – Good point. – Great point. | -有道理 -是太有道理了 |
[13:16] | Plus, I’m never gonna win a Nobel Prize | 而且我留在这三流大学的话 |
[13:17] | at this third-rate university. | 是别想赢诺贝尔奖了 |
[13:19] | Second-rate. | 是二流 |
[13:20] | Now, get out of here. | 好啦 你快出去吧 |
[13:22] | I don’t want you to see me cry. | 我不想你看到我落泪的样子 |
[13:24] | Thank you. I don’t want to see that either. | 谢谢 我也不想看到 |
[13:32] | One more down. | 离走又更近一天了 |
[13:34] | You can do it, Linda. | 你可以的 琳达 |
[13:37] | I know it looks a little lived in, | 我知道乍看有些陈旧了 |
[13:39] | but it’s got good bones. | 但我保证房子底子还是很棒 |
[13:40] | Yeah. How much can we get for it? | 对啊 我们能拿到多少钱 |
[13:42] | Well, I need to see the rest of the house. | 我得先看一圈才能给个估价 |
[13:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:47] | And we recently redid the plumbing. | 我们最近刚重新弄过下水管道 |
[13:49] | And that was pricey. Write that down. | 花了不少银子呢 记录一下 |
[13:52] | And, uh, this is our daughter’s room. | 这里是我们女儿的房间 |
[13:54] | We told her to clean up, but no promises. | 我们让她先收拾过了 但不做任何保证 |
[14:00] | Oh, hello, ma’am. | 女士 您好啊 |
[14:03] | What a charming room. | 真可爱的房间 |
[14:05] | It’s been such a blessing to grow up here. | 我能在这里长大真是太幸福了 |
[14:08] | I just hope some lucky family | 我只希望另一个幸运的家庭 |
[14:10] | loves it as much as I have. | 能如我一般爱这里 |
[14:11] | I’m sure they will. | 我相信他们会的 |
[14:13] | Well, I’m gonna pray on it. | 容我为此祈祷一下 |
[14:16] | Okay. Moving on. | 好啦 往下看 |
[14:18] | This is our little boy’s room. | 这里是我们二儿子的房间 |
[14:23] | Might want to stay there until I finish my sweep. | 在我检查完之前 最好别再深入 |
[14:25] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么呢 |
[14:27] | You said the realtor was coming over today. | 你说房屋中介今天要过来 |
[14:28] | I wanted to make sure my room wasn’t still radioactive. | 我想确保我房间已经没有放射性了 |
[14:31] | Oh, it was never radioactive. | 从来就没有放射性啊 |
[14:33] | We don’t know that. I did have radioactive material. | 这可不好说 我曾经有过放射性物质 |
[14:35] | There was no radioactive material. | 才没有什么放射性物质呢 |
[14:37] | The FBI stopped him before he got any. | 联调局的人抢先一步制止他了 |
[14:39] | Oh, you’re talking about the uranium I tried to buy. | 你说的是我当年想买的铀 |
[14:41] | I’m referring to the americium isotopes | 我在说的是 我当年想拿来 |
[14:43] | I was using to make a nuclear reactor. | 制造核反应堆的镅同位素 |
[14:46] | Don’t write that down. | 这个别记了 |
[14:54] | Should you be up there? | 你爬这么高没问题吗 |
[14:55] | Yeah, the realtor said we’d get a better price | 房屋中介说如果我们屋顶状态良好 |
[14:57] | if the roof was in good shape. I’m just taking a look. | 卖房能得到更好的价格 我就来检查一下 |
[14:59] | Yeah, but a man your age. | 我知道 但你这年纪 |
[15:01] | And size. | 以及体型的男人… |
[15:03] | Did you come out here to insult me? | 你出来是来吐槽我的吗 |
[15:05] | Mom sent me out here to help. | 是妈妈叫我出来给你搭把手 |
[15:06] | The insults just come natural. | 吐槽是附赠的 |
[15:09] | Well, I’m fine. | 我好得很 |
[15:11] | You even know what you’re looking for? | 你知道该检查什么东西吗 |
[15:13] | Broken shingles, loose flashing. | 破掉的屋瓦 松脱的防水板 |
[15:15] | Loose flashing? How do you even know that? | 松脱的防水板 你怎么知道这些东西的 |
[15:18] | Is it weird that I know things? | 我懂事情有什么奇怪的吗 |
[15:19] | Not weird, just surprising. | 不奇怪 只是有点惊讶 |
[15:23] | Well, one day, you’re gonna own a house, | 总有一天 你也会有自己的房子 |
[15:26] | you’re gonna need to learn this stuff, too. | 你也会需要学这些事情 |
[15:28] | No, I’m gonna make enough money | 不 我会赚到足够的钱 |
[15:30] | to where I can pay somebody else to do it. | 多到可以请别人来帮我检查 |
[15:32] | I’d love to see that. | 那我拭目以待 |
[15:33] | Oh, now you’re making fun of me. | 现在换你吐槽我是吧 |
[15:35] | No, I mean it. | 不 我是真心的 |
[15:37] | ‘Cause I got a plan. I’m gonna be rich. | 我可是有计划的 我会变有钱人 |
[15:39] | Yeah, what’s your plan? | 是吗 说说你的计划 |
[15:40] | To be rich. | 就是要变有钱 |
[15:42] | Well, I’ll give you one thing. | 我不得不夸你一个优点 |
[15:45] | – You got confidence. – Thank you. | -你这人特有自信 -谢谢 |
[15:47] | You get a second thing, you’ll be unstoppable. | 再有一个优点 你这个人将无所披靡 |
[15:49] | Sounds like I’m halfway there. | 那感觉我已经成功一半了 |
[15:52] | I suppose you are. | 应该算是吧 |
[15:55] | – Missy. – Yeah? | -米希 -怎么了 |
[15:57] | – Missy. – What? | -米希 -怎么 |
[15:58] | Missy. | 米希 |
[16:00] | What? | 要干嘛 |
[16:01] | Are you nervous about moving to a new city? | 你对要搬到新城市会紧张吗 |
[16:03] | Nope. | 不会 |
[16:05] | But you won’t know anyone. | 但你在那里不认识任何人 |
[16:07] | That’s the best part. | 这就是最好的部分 |
[16:08] | I won’t be the dumb sister of the smartest boy in town. | 我不再是全市最聪明的孩子的笨妹妹 |
[16:11] | You’re not going to brag about me? | 你不会跟别人炫耀我妈 |
[16:12] | Hell, no. | 绝对不会 |
[16:13] | I’m gonna tell people you were sent away | 我会跟别人说你被送到远方 |
[16:15] | to a school for special kids. | “特殊”儿童的学校 |
[16:17] | Caltech is a school for special kids. | 加州理工确实是特殊学子的学校 |
[16:19] | Great, it works on two levels. | 那太好了 甚至都不算撒谎 |
[16:22] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[16:23] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[16:26] | What if no one likes me in California? | 万一在加州没人喜欢我怎么办 |
[16:28] | No one likes you here. | 这里也没人喜欢你啊 |
[16:30] | No one understands me here. There’s a difference. | 这里的人智商不够理解我 这是有区别的 |
[16:32] | Well, I’m sure there’ll be a bunch | 我敢肯定”夹州理工” |
[16:33] | of smart other weirdos at “Cowtech.” | 会有很多像你一样的聪明怪咖 |
[16:37] | Cow tech? | 你说夹州理工吗 |
[16:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:39] | Caltech. | 是加州理工 |
[16:40] | Like calculators? | 不是夹子的夹吗 |
[16:42] | Like California. | 是加州的加 |
[16:43] | Oh. Mm. I like mine better. | 原来是这样 我更喜欢我的版本 |
[16:46] | Well, I’m sure you’ll make lots of friends. | 我敢肯定你会交到很多朋友 |
[16:49] | Maybe even a smart, weird girlfriend. | 或许还能交到聪明怪咖女友 |
[16:51] | I have a girlfriend. Her name is science. | 我有女友了 她的名字叫科学 |
[16:54] | Cool. When do you leave? | 真好 你什么时候走啊 |
[17:02] | I’m guessing you don’t have classes today? | 我猜你今天没课是吧 |
[17:04] | How’d you know? | 你怎么猜到的 |
[17:05] | ‘Cause you’re dressed like a six-year-old. | 因为你打扮得像个六岁小孩 |
[17:07] | Don’t say that. He looks… fun. | 别这么说 他看着很…有趣 |
[17:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:12] | Don’t forget– we have the family portrait today. | 别忘了 今天要拍全家福 |
[17:15] | – Do we really have to stand in a field of flowers? – Yes. | -我们真的得站到花田里拍照吗 -没错 |
[17:18] | If you’re worried about getting stung, | 如果你是害怕被蜜蜂蛰 |
[17:20] | I have a backup beekeeper uniform. | 我有备用的防蜂服 |
[17:22] | You are not wearing a beekeeper uniform in the picture. | 你别想穿着防蜂服拍全家福 |
[17:25] | Please? It’ll really help my story | 答应他吧 到时候我跟别人说 |
[17:26] | about him going to a special school. | 哥哥被送到特殊学校会更有说服力 |
[17:29] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:30] | We are leaving for | 我们今天下午4点 |
[17:31] | the bluebonnet picture at 4:00. Don’t be late. | 要出发去花田里拍全家福 别迟到了 |
[17:34] | Wouldn’t miss it. Hey, you want a ride to school? | 肯定不会错过 要我顺路送你去学校吗 |
[17:36] | Nah, I’ll take the bus. | 不用了 我搭校车 |
[17:37] | Suit yourself. | 随你便 |
[17:39] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[17:42] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[17:47] | If I get stung by a bee, | 如果我被蜜蜂蛰了 |
[17:48] | I’m turning you in to child protective services. | 我一定跟儿童保护中心举报你 |
[17:58] | Hmm. What am I smelling? | 这是什么味道 |
[18:01] | I’m wearing peppermint oil. | 我抹了薄荷油 |
[18:02] | It’s a natural bee repellant. | 这是天然的防蜂液 |
[18:03] | You smell like a candy cane. | 你闻起来像棒棒糖 |
[18:05] | Do not lick me. | 那你别舔我 |
[18:07] | Hey, uh, speaking of smells, | 说到味道 |
[18:08] | do I have time to change CeeCee? | 还有时间让我给丝丝换尿布吗 |
[18:10] | Still waiting on George. Go ahead. | 反正还在等乔治回来 去吧 |
[18:12] | – Okay. – You need some help? | -好的 -需要帮忙吗 |
[18:14] | No. | 不用 |
[18:15] | Uh, well, I am in all white. Yes. | 不过我穿着一身白 帮我吧 |
[18:25] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[18:28] | Mary, we got some bad news. | 玛丽 我们有坏消息 |
[18:31] | Where’s George? | 乔治人呢 |
[18:36] | I’m so sorry. | 我们很遗憾 |
[18:39] | He, uh, | 他… |
[18:41] | he had a heart attack. | 他心脏病发作 |
[18:44] | But he… he’s okay, right? | 但是他… 他人没事 对吧 |
[18:48] | He’s gone. | 他已经走了 |
[19:42] | 18年前,当我们在创作《生活大爆炸》的剧本时,我们想象谢尔顿的童年因父亲离世而深 受打击,似乎会是个不错的设定。没有人会想到,有一天我们会为这个决定感到后悔。而 那个日子,就是今天。 在拍摄这一集的最后一个场景时,现场的大家眼泪决堤。这提醒我们,我们都深深地爱上 了一个虚构的角色。而这本身,也提醒我们要去爱身边的真实的“角色”。否则,我们就 注定要活在悔恨之中。 |