时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Young Sheldon… | 《少年谢尔顿》 |
[00:03] | Where’s George? | 乔治人呢 |
[00:05] | He had a heart attack. | 他心脏病发作 |
[00:07] | He… he’s okay, right? | 但是他… 他人没事 对吧 |
[00:10] | He’s gone. | 他已经走了 |
[00:17] | I wasn’t always as emotionally intelligent as I am today. | 我并非从小就像现在这样情商满点 |
[00:21] | For example, when my father died, | 举个例子 我父亲刚去世时 |
[00:23] | I was flummoxed by all the different ways people expressed grief. | 我对人们不同的悲伤方式感到困惑 |
[00:28] | My mother threw herself into religion. | 我母亲往宗教投入所有精神 |
[00:31] | My meemaw turned to a different kind of spirit. | 我姥姥则全身心投入酒”精” |
[00:37] | My brother tried to fill the vacuum created by my father’s passing. | 我哥哥试图填满父亲走后出现的家主真空 |
[00:40] | $3,500? | 三千五 |
[00:42] | You do realize we’re talking about the beloved head coach | 你知道这是要给受人爱戴的 |
[00:45] | of a winning football team? There’s an argument… | 冠军球队总教练吧 甚至可以说… |
[00:47] | And then there’s all the friends and neighbors | 还有所有的用食物来表达悲痛的 |
[00:48] | who expressed their grief with food. | 亲朋好友与街坊邻居 |
[00:51] | I made you a casserole. | 我给你做了砂锅菜 |
[00:53] | I made you a casserole. | 我给你做了砂锅菜 |
[00:55] | I made you a casserole. | 我给你做了砂锅菜 |
[00:56] | I bought you a casserole. | 我给你买了一份砂锅菜 |
[00:59] | And of course, I thought about Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan… | 而我 我想到了《星际旅行2: 可汗怒吼》 |
[01:04] | I have been, and always shall be, your friend. | 我曾是 并将永远是你的朋友 |
[01:10] | …and how upset I was over the death of Spock. | 以及我当时为斯波克之死感到多难过 |
[01:16] | Live long… | 生生不息 |
[01:19] | and prosper. | 繁荣昌盛 |
[01:24] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[01:26] | Thinking about Star Trek. | 想着《星际旅行》 |
[01:28] | What is wrong with you? Our dad just died. | 你是哪里有毛病啊 我们爸爸刚去世呢 |
[01:30] | And some people express their grief by lashing out. | 有些人表达悲伤的方式就是对人发怒 |
[01:35] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:38] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:41] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:43] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:46] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:53] | If there’s any pictures of George | 如果你们心中有中意哪张 |
[01:55] | you’d like to display at the ceremony, | 你们想要在葬礼上摆出来的乔治遗照 |
[01:58] | I’ll need to get those. | 就需要先给我一份 |
[02:00] | Oh, um… | 这个嘛… |
[02:01] | Don’t worry, Mom, | 不用担心 妈 |
[02:02] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来解决 |
[02:04] | Did George have a favorite hymn or song that might be played? | 乔治有特别喜欢哪首圣歌 或想为他放的音乐吗 |
[02:07] | He did always play “Born to Be Wild” | 他以前很喜欢在球队上场时 |
[02:09] | when the team ran out on the field. | 放荒原狼乐队的《生而狂野》 |
[02:11] | Not sure our organist knows that one. | 不确定教会的管风琴手会不会这首 |
[02:13] | I can bring a boom box. | 我可以带个手提录音机 |
[02:15] | We’ll call that plan B. | 这个就当做备选计划吧 |
[02:18] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了 |
[02:19] | We are leaving for the bluebonnet picture at 4:00. | 我们今天下午4点要出发去花田里拍全家福 |
[02:21] | – Don’t be late. – Wouldn’t miss it. | -别迟到了 -肯定不会错过 |
[02:23] | You want a ride to school? | 要我顺路送你去学校吗 |
[02:24] | Nah, I’ll take the bus. | 不用了 我搭校车 |
[02:26] | Suit yourself. | 随你便 |
[02:28] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[02:29] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[02:37] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[02:38] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[02:42] | Dad, wait. | 爸爸 等一下 |
[02:43] | Yeah? | 怎么啦 |
[02:45] | I have been, and always shall be, your friend. | 我曾是 并将永远是你的朋友 |
[02:49] | Live long and prosper. | 生生不息 繁荣昌盛 |
[03:00] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[03:01] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[03:04] | Dad, wait. | 爸爸 等一下 |
[03:06] | Yeah? | 怎么啦 |
[03:08] | Bye. | 再见 |
[03:10] | Bye, son. | 再见 儿子 |
[03:15] | Shelly? | 谢利 |
[03:16] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:17] | He’s probably thinking about stupid Star Trek stuff. | 他估计又在想什么白痴《星际旅行》的东西 |
[03:20] | I was thinking about alternate realities | 我只是在想像从某个决定节点 |
[03:22] | branching off from a single decision point. | 延伸出去的各种平行现实 |
[03:24] | Only one of them was about Star Trek. | 只有其中一个跟《星际旅行》有关 |
[03:26] | We’re talking about Dad’s funeral. | 我们在讨论爸爸的丧礼 |
[03:27] | Why don’t you care? | 你为什么一点都不在意啊 |
[03:28] | The details of the funeral are irrelevant. | 丧礼的细节根本无关紧要 |
[03:30] | They won’t change anything. | 并不能改变一切 |
[03:32] | I can’t wait for yours. | 我等不及你的那天到来 |
[03:33] | Hey, that’s enough out of you two. | 你们俩够了 |
[03:35] | You’re not Dad. You don’t tell us what to do. | 你又不是爸爸 少管教我们 |
[03:37] | Well, I will, and that’s enough! | 那我可以 你们俩不准吵了 |
[03:38] | It’s okay. It’s healthy for everyone to let their feelings out. | 没事啦 大家把情绪抒发出来比较好 |
[03:42] | Oh, shut up, Jeff. | 闭嘴吧你 杰夫 |
[03:43] | Missy! Go to your room. | 米希 回去你房间 |
[03:45] | How about I just go? | 我直接去死不是更好 |
[03:53] | I’m sorry about her. | 我代她向你道歉 |
[03:54] | No need to apologize. | 没什么需要道歉的 |
[03:57] | Now, which of you might… | 好啦 你们谁… |
[04:00] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[04:01] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[04:04] | Dad, wait. | 爸爸 等一下 |
[04:06] | Yeah? | 怎么啦 |
[04:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:10] | I love you, too, son. | 我也爱你 儿子 |
[04:21] | Hey, Missy. | 米希 你好啊 |
[04:22] | Hey. | 你好 |
[04:23] | I brought you food. | 我给你带了吃的 |
[04:25] | Thanks, but I’m not hungry. | 谢谢 但我现在不饿 |
[04:30] | I’m real sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[04:35] | Your dad was always nice to me. | 你爸爸总是对我很和善 |
[04:38] | He liked you. | 他挺喜欢你 |
[04:40] | Now you and I have something in common. | 现在你跟我有共通点了 |
[04:43] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[04:44] | My dad’s gone, too. | 我爸爸也不在了 |
[04:46] | Your dad’s in New Jersey. | 你爸爸人在新泽西呢 |
[04:50] | Yeah, but he’s not coming back. | 我知道 但他也不会回来了 |
[04:54] | Sorry. | 我也很遗憾 |
[04:58] | Want a hug? | 要抱抱吗 |
[05:00] | No. | 不要 |
[05:03] | – Want a kiss? – No. | -要我亲你一下吗 -不要 |
[05:05] | Yeah, me neither. | 我也不想 |
[05:15] | How you doing, sweetheart? | 你还好吗 亲爱的 |
[05:17] | All right. | 还行吧 |
[05:23] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈在干嘛 |
[05:26] | Sitting? | 坐着啊 |
[05:27] | Not there. | 不准坐那里 |
[05:30] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 好 对不起啊 |
[05:34] | Gosh. | 我的老天 |
[05:35] | Here okay? | 那这里行吗 |
[05:46] | That’s my spot. | 那是我的专座 |
[05:47] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[05:50] | Here, have a seat. | 来 你坐吧 |
[05:51] | I don’t want to sit there, | 我现在没想坐 |
[05:52] | that’s just my spot. | 只是那里是我的专座 |
[05:59] | Hey, Mary. | 你好啊 玛丽 |
[05:59] | Hi, Wayne. Come on in. | 你好啊 韦恩 请进 |
[06:04] | I cleaned out George’s desk. | 我收拾了乔治的办公桌 |
[06:06] | Uh, thought you might like his stuff. | 我想说你可能会想要他的东西 |
[06:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢啊 |
[06:13] | I just wanted you to know that | 我想跟你说 |
[06:15] | if there’s anything that you or the kids need… | 如果你跟孩子们有任何需要帮忙的 |
[06:19] | …I’m here for y’all. | 随时来找我 |
[06:20] | – Oh, Wayne. – I mean it. | -韦恩 -我是真心的 |
[06:22] | Anything that you need. | 任何事都行 |
[06:24] | Thank you. I appreciate that. | 谢谢你的好意 |
[06:27] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:28] | Oh, yeah, yeah. Don’t worry about me. | 很好很好 不用担心我 |
[06:35] | Okay. Let me get you a tissue. | 好啦 我去给你拿纸巾 |
[06:37] | Okay, okay. | 好的 麻烦了 |
[06:42] | I just miss him, you know? | 我真的好想他 你懂吧 |
[06:45] | I do. | 我懂 |
[06:46] | I used to… I used to mess with him by telling him | 我以前… 我以前会跟他开玩笑 |
[06:49] | he was my best white friend, you know. | 说他是我最好的白人朋友 |
[06:50] | But… but the truth is that he was my best friend. | 但… 其实他就是我最要好的朋友 |
[06:54] | And you were his. | 你也是他最好的朋友 |
[06:55] | Oh, that’s nice to know. | 听到这个我很高兴 |
[06:58] | I’m not helping, am I? | 我是不是来添麻烦了 |
[07:00] | That’s okay. | 没事啦 |
[07:03] | Are you hungry? | 你饿不饿 |
[07:04] | We’ve got lots of food. | 我们有很多吃的 |
[07:07] | Yeah, I-I could eat. | 好啊 我可以吃一点 |
[07:09] | Hope you like casserole. | 希望你喜欢吃砂锅菜 |
[07:11] | I do like casserole. | 我还真喜欢吃砂锅菜 |
[07:40] | Eventually I realized there was a better way to deal with grief: | 后来我意识到 还有一种更好的面对悲伤方法 |
[07:44] | avoid it completely. | 那就是彻底逃离 |
[07:49] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[07:50] | – Oh, hello. – I just wanted to | -你好啊 -我就是想跟你说 |
[07:52] | – tell you how sorry… – No, thank you. | -真的很遗憾 -不用了 谢谢 |
[07:55] | Well, if there’s anything you need… | 如果你有任何需要… |
[07:56] | Nope. | 没有 |
[08:01] | I’m here to pick up a suit for Cooper. | 我来这里领库珀的一套西装 |
[08:02] | Oh, sure. | 没问题 |
[08:08] | George Cooper? | 乔治·库珀吗 |
[08:09] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[08:10] | Looks a little big for you. | 感觉你穿有点太大啊 |
[08:13] | It’s my dad’s. | 这是我父亲的 |
[08:14] | Nice of you to pick it up for him. | 那你真乖啊 还来帮他取 |
[08:17] | That’ll be eight dollars. | 总共是8块钱 |
[08:26] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[08:27] | Trying to write my speech for the funeral. | 想为葬礼写我的悼文 |
[08:32] | Not easy, is it? | 不容易对吧 |
[08:33] | No. | 是啊 |
[08:35] | Where’s Dale? | 戴尔人呢 |
[08:36] | Oh, he was wandering around, | 他到处游荡 坐立难安 |
[08:37] | afraid to sit anywhere, so I sent him home. | 哪哪儿都不敢坐 我就让他先回家了 |
[08:41] | Anyway, you want to read me what you got? | 好啦 你想念给我听听目前有的内容吗 |
[08:47] | George was a good husband, | 乔治是一个好老公 |
[08:49] | a good father and a good coach. | 好父亲 与好教练 |
[08:53] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[08:54] | No, that’s all I got. | 没了 就这么多 |
[08:56] | Short and sweet. | 短小精干 |
[08:58] | Leave ’em wanting more. | 让大家意犹未尽 |
[09:00] | I don’t know how to do this. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[09:02] | Oh, honey, | 亲爱的 |
[09:04] | why would you? | 你又怎么会知道呢 |
[09:07] | How did you get through Dad’s funeral? | 那你是怎么撑过爸爸的丧礼的 |
[09:10] | You’re gonna think less of me. | 你听完会鄙视我 |
[09:12] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[09:13] | I drank tequila and smoked a marijuana cigarette. | 我灌了龙舌兰 再抽了一根大麻烟 |
[09:16] | Oh, Mom. | 妈 |
[09:18] | Don’t knock it till you try it. | 你没试过就别乱批评 |
[09:21] | I’ll have you know | 那我告诉你 |
[09:24] | that I took a couple of puffs my senior year of high school. | 我高中毕业前也尝试抽过几口 |
[09:27] | The devil’s lettuce? | 传说中恶魔的菜叶吗 |
[09:29] | George gave it to me. | 是乔治给我的 |
[09:30] | I knew he was a bad influence. | 我就知道他会带坏你 |
[09:35] | It was the night before he shipped out to Vietnam. | 那晚之后他就要被送去越南打仗 |
[09:39] | And we snuck into my bedroom | 于是我们偷溜进我的卧室 |
[09:41] | and we… you know. | 并发生了… 你懂的 |
[09:44] | Mary Tucker. | 玛丽·塔克 |
[09:46] | I wanted to make sure he knew what he was fighting for. | 我想让他记住 他是在为何而战 |
[09:50] | See, that’s a story you should tell at the service. | 瞧 这种故事就值得在告别仪式上分享 |
[09:53] | In my church, in front of my children? | 在我的教会 当着我孩子们的面说吗 |
[09:55] | It’s patriotic. | 这很爱国啊 |
[09:59] | I can’t help feeling like | 我不禁觉得 |
[10:01] | something’s wrong with me. | 我好像有毛病 |
[10:03] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:05] | I know it doesn’t make sense, | 我知道这是无理取闹 |
[10:07] | but… I am mad at him for leaving me. | 但是… 我生他的气 因为他离开了我 |
[10:11] | – Yeah, I get that. – You do? | -不 我能理解 -真的吗 |
[10:14] | I was mad at your daddy when he passed. | 你父亲去世的时候 我也生他的气 |
[10:17] | How did you get over it? | 那你是怎么走出来的 |
[10:18] | Time. | 时间能治愈一切 |
[10:21] | And Dale helps. Don’t tell him, please. | 戴尔也帮了忙 千万别告诉他 |
[10:25] | I’m happy you found each other. | 你们找到彼此 我很欣慰 |
[10:27] | You’re still young, honey. | 女儿 你还年轻 |
[10:30] | No. | 不 |
[10:33] | That’s it for me. I’m done. | 我不会再找一个伴侣了 |
[10:37] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我就不打扰你了 |
[10:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:41] | And listen, if you can’t think of anything complimentary to say, | 听着 如果你想不出什么赞美的话 |
[10:44] | just make stuff up. | 那就瞎编几条 |
[10:46] | Nobody’s gonna call you on it. | 没人会拆穿你的 |
[10:48] | Sheldon will. | 谢尔顿会 |
[10:51] | Yeah. | 的确 |
[10:52] | Sheldon will. | 谢尔顿会 |
[10:55] | You want a ride to school? | 要我顺路送你去学校吗 |
[10:56] | Nah, I’ll take the bus. | 不用了 我搭校车 |
[10:58] | Suit yourself. | 随你便 |
[11:01] | See y’all later. | 下午见 |
[11:03] | Four o’clock. | 4点啊 |
[11:06] | Dad, wait. | 爸爸 等一下 |
[11:08] | Yeah? | 怎么啦 |
[11:10] | Can I go with you? | 我能和你一起去吗 |
[11:11] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[11:13] | Maybe we could play some of them car games you love on the way. | 或许我们可以玩点你喜欢的车上游戏 |
[11:16] | I’d like that. | 那敢情好 |
[11:38] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[11:38] | We’re so sorry. | 节哀顺变 |
[11:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:41] | Well, I didn’t know him long, | 虽然我和他认识不久 |
[11:42] | but, uh, I loved that guy. | 但我真的很喜欢他 |
[11:46] | He felt like y’all were long-lost friends. | 他觉得你们像是失散多年的好友 |
[11:48] | Oh, here we go. | 我忍不住了 |
[11:50] | Come on, let’s get you some Kleenex. | 来 我去给你拿点纸巾 |
[11:53] | Aren’t y’all sweet to come? | 你们来了 真有心 |
[11:55] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[11:57] | I saw Sheldon the other day. | 我前几天见到谢尔顿了 |
[11:59] | He wouldn’t speak to me. | 他不肯和我说话 |
[12:01] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[12:02] | He’s not really talking to anybody. | 其实他不和任何人说话 |
[12:05] | We’ll keep him company. | 我们会陪在他身边的 |
[12:06] | I’ll, uh, try to distract him | 我会想法子转移他的注意力 |
[12:07] | by telling him the latest news about leptons. | 告诉他关于轻子的最新消息 |
[12:11] | He’ll like that. | 他会喜欢的 |
[12:12] | He’s crazy about the leptons. | 他对轻子可着迷了 |
[12:14] | Who isn’t? | 谁不是呢 |
[12:19] | How’d you know George? | 你怎么认识乔治的 |
[12:21] | Next-door neighbor. | 我是他的邻居 |
[12:23] | So, you knew him well? | 那你跟他很熟吧 |
[12:26] | A little. | 还好 |
[12:28] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[12:29] | I taught Sheldon science. | 我是谢尔顿的科学老师 |
[12:30] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真同情你 |
[12:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:36] | – I’m single. – Same. | -我单身 -我也是 |
[12:38] | Missy, | 米希 |
[12:39] | if you want a minute with Dad before they close the casket, | 如果你想在盖棺前和爸爸独处一会 |
[12:41] | now’s the time. | 现在就该去了 |
[12:43] | It’s okay if you don’t. | 你不想也没关系 |
[12:48] | I have to. | 我必须去 |
[13:01] | Here, let me help you with that. | 来吧 我来帮你 |
[13:03] | Okay. | 好了 |
[13:08] | Holy moly. | 哎哟妈呀 |
[13:09] | It’s good, huh? | 很好吃 对吧 |
[13:10] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[13:12] | I’ll leave you to it. | 接下来你自己弄吧 |
[13:13] | No, sit with me. | 别走 陪我坐 |
[13:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:19] | Thank you for that. | 那次谢谢你 |
[13:25] | Thank you for everything. | 很感谢你所做的一切 |
[13:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:40] | You don’t need to worry. | 你不用担心 |
[13:44] | I’ve got everything under control. | 一切尽在我掌控之中 |
[13:51] | Won’t let you down, Dad. | 我不会让你失望的 爸爸 |
[13:58] | Sheldon, they’re gonna close the casket. | 谢尔顿 他们准备盖棺 |
[14:00] | If you want to say goodbye to your dad… | 如果你想和爸爸道别… |
[14:13] | You really didn’t want to take that family portrait, did you? | 你真的很不想拍全家福照片 是吧 |
[14:23] | See you later. | 回头见 |
[14:30] | When I quit the football team, | 我退出橄榄球队时 |
[14:33] | I thought my dad was gonna kill me. | 以为我爸会宰了我 |
[14:36] | And then, when I quit high school, | 之后 我从高中退学时 |
[14:38] | I really thought he was gonna kill me. | 真的以为他会宰了我 |
[14:42] | Then, when I got my girlfriend pregnant… | 再接着 我让我女友怀孕时 |
[14:45] | I was sure he was gonna kill me. | 很肯定他会宰了我 |
[14:47] | But as you can see, he didn’t. | 但如你们所见 他没有 |
[14:52] | No matter what I did, | 不管我做什么 |
[14:55] | he always had my back. | 他总是当我的后盾 |
[15:00] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[15:02] | And now George’s loving wife Mary | 现在 乔治的爱妻玛丽 |
[15:05] | would like to say a few words. | 想要致辞 |
[15:07] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[15:11] | Thank you, Pastor Jeff. | 谢谢你 杰夫牧师 |
[15:16] | I met George in high school. | 我是高中时认识乔治的 |
[15:19] | Well, I was in high school. | 好吧 我是高中生 |
[15:22] | He was an older man with a motorcycle. | 而他是比我年长的机车骑士 |
[15:25] | I’d like to tell you he caught my eye, | 我也想告诉你们 他吸引了我的注意 |
[15:28] | but actually it was the motorcycle. | 但其实我是被那辆机车吸引了 |
[15:35] | I’m sorry, I can’t… | 抱歉 我… |
[15:37] | do this. | 做不到 |
[15:37] | I am… | 我真的… |
[15:39] | so angry. | 很生气 |
[15:43] | George and I had our ups and downs, | 我和乔治经历过波折起伏 |
[15:45] | but we were finally in such a good place, | 但最终我们的关系走到了最融洽的阶段 |
[15:47] | and then he… | 谁知接着他就… |
[15:50] | left. | 离开了 |
[15:53] | He left all of us. | 他离开了我们所有人 |
[15:54] | How-how could you do that? | 你怎能这么做 |
[15:57] | I am so mad at him. | 我好生他的气 |
[15:59] | I’m mad at God, I’m mad at myself | 我生上帝的气 我生自己的气 |
[16:02] | for not trying harder while he was here. | 因为他在世时我没有更努力一点做好 |
[16:05] | This wasn’t supposed to happen. | 这事不该发生的啊 |
[16:07] | Okay. Oh. | 好了好了 |
[16:11] | Thank you, thank you, darling, thank you. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 谢谢你 |
[16:14] | Jeff, could you…? | 杰夫 麻烦你 |
[16:23] | Very heartfelt. | 这是她发自内心的想法 |
[16:25] | I know this is hard for everyone. | 我知道大家都很难接受 |
[16:28] | It’s certainly hard for me. | 我当然也无法接受 |
[16:31] | But no one… | 但要说有谁 |
[16:34] | is more upset | 最为 |
[16:37] | with George’s passing | 乔治的去世感到伤心 |
[16:39] | than the Lone Star Beer company. | 那就是孤星啤酒公司 |
[16:41] | That flag is at half-mast. | 他们都下半旗致哀了 |
[16:45] | On the other hand, there’s a lot of cows out there | 另一方面 也有很多牛牛 |
[16:47] | that are breathing a sigh of relief. | 松了一口气 |
[16:51] | As the king of brisket has | 因为牛腩之王 |
[16:54] | put down his fork and ridden off into the sunset. | 放下了刀叉 向夕阳驶去 |
[17:00] | – And, uh, I’ll tell you something… – Why are they laughing at Dad? | -我告诉你们 -他们为什么嘲笑爸爸 |
[17:03] | ‘Cause they love him. … | 因为他们爱他 |
[17:03] | that I always kind of kept to myself, | 这事我一直藏在心里 |
[17:05] | but… | 那就是 |
[17:07] | I wasn’t always a big supporter | 我并非从一开始 |
[17:10] | of George and Mary being an item. | 就支持乔治和玛丽在一起 |
[17:13] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[17:15] | whenever he came to visit, | 他每次来家里找玛丽 |
[17:17] | I would always invite Mary’s slutty friend Janice over, | 我就特地邀请玛丽的骚货朋友詹妮丝来 |
[17:20] | hoping to catch his interest. | 希望能引起他的兴趣 |
[17:25] | Hey, Janice. Thanks for coming. You’re a doll. | 詹妮丝 谢谢你来 你真贴心 |
[17:29] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[17:32] | George only had eyes for Mary. | 乔治眼里始终只有玛丽 |
[17:38] | And of course brisket. | 当然了 还有牛腩 |
[17:42] | And over the years, | 经历了这么多年 |
[17:44] | he surely earned my respect. | 他自然赢得了我的尊重 |
[17:50] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[17:53] | And I will always be proud… | 我永远都会自豪地说 |
[17:57] | to call him my son. | 他是我的儿子 |
[18:24] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[18:28] | Uh, what Wayne here is trying to say, | 韦恩想说的是 |
[18:32] | uh, is, uh, George was a hell of a coach. | 乔治是名优秀的教练 |
[18:39] | He was a hell of a friend. | 也是一个值得交往的好朋友 |
[18:42] | And we’re gonna miss him a hell of a lot. | 我们都会十分想念他 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[18:53] | Before our final prayer, | 在做最后的祷告之前 |
[18:55] | would anyone else like to say a few words? | 还有谁想上来致辞发言吗 |
[18:59] | Missy? | 米希 |
[19:02] | Shelly? | 谢利 |
[19:19] | I’ve been thinking a lot about | 我一直在反复回想 |
[19:20] | the last moments I had with my dad. | 我和爸爸最后的相处时刻 |
[19:24] | It was morning, and he was leaving for work. | 那是在早上 他准备去上班 |
[19:28] | He said, “See y’all later.” | 他说 “下午见” |
[19:31] | And I said nothing. | 而我一言未发 |
[19:34] | I regret that. | 我很后悔 |
[19:37] | I could have said “bye” or asked him for a ride. | 我本来可以说”再见” 或是让他送我上学 |
[19:41] | Or told him that I loved him. | 又或是告诉他 我爱他 |
[19:43] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[19:46] | I barely noticed he left. | 我几乎没注意到他走了 |
[19:51] | So many times that I didn’t notice my father. | 有太多次我都没注意到我父亲的存在 |
[19:59] | I hope he knew how much I loved him. | 我希望他知道我有多爱他 |
[20:03] | I wish I could tell you | 我也想告诉你们 |
[20:04] | I said all those things. | 我说了这些话 |
[20:07] | But I didn’t. | 但我并没有 |
[20:08] | Shelly? | 谢利 |
[20:15] | Let’s bow our heads in prayer. | 我们低下头祈祷吧 |
[20:19] | Our Father, who is in heaven, | 我们在天上的父 |
[20:21] | hallowed be Your name… | 愿人尊你的名为圣 |
[20:24] | For a long time, | 有很长一段时间 |
[20:25] | I focused on my father’s shortcomings. | 我都只盯着我父亲的缺点 |
[20:29] | Now that I’m his age and have kids of my own, | 如今我也活到他的年纪 也有了自己的孩子 |
[20:32] | I realize he was just a person doing the best he could, | 我意识到他不过是一个尽力而为的人 |
[20:37] | and he did a lot. | 而且他付出了很多 |
[20:40] | I didn’t say it at his funeral, | 我在他的葬礼上没说出口 |
[20:42] | but I can say it now. | 但现在我可以说出来了 |
[20:44] | I loved my father. | 我爱我的父亲 |
[20:46] | I will miss him forever. | 我永远都会想念他 |