时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:34] | ♪I think I wanna tell you somethin’♪ | ♪我想告诉你点儿事♪ |
[01:36] | ♪I think I wanna tell you somethin’♪ | ♪我想告诉你点儿事♪ |
[01:39] | ♪I think I wanna tell you somethin’♪ | ♪我想告诉你点儿事♪ |
[01:41] | ♪I think I wanna tell you somethin’♪ | ♪我想告诉你点儿事♪ |
[03:49] | I made my special heart pancakes. | 我做了特制心形煎饼 |
[03:54] | What kind of jank-ass hearts are these? | 这是什么奇葩心形 |
[03:56] | That one looks like a butt. | 那个长得好像屁股 |
[03:58] | Sorry. It was kind of a rough night. | 对不起 昨晚很难熬 |
[04:00] | But, um, this afternoon, | 不过今天下午 |
[04:02] | I finally have my consultation with the chief of staff at the VA, | 我终于要和退伍军人事务处的主任会谈了 |
[04:06] | – and I think… – Yeah, chiefs’ll do that sometimes. | -我觉得… -是啊 主任时不时就会找人会谈 |
[04:08] | Can I get some sticky sauce for these pan-butts or what? | 能帮我拿点酱汁 用屁股煎饼蘸着吃吗 |
[04:10] | It turns out, in World War I, | 事实证明 第一次世界大战时 |
[04:12] | the official term for “PTSD” Was “Cowardice,” | 创伤后应激障碍的官方解释就是”懦弱” |
[04:15] | – and you were shot for it. – That is interesting. | -你会因此被枪毙 -挺有趣 |
[04:17] | How are you holding up, Jimmy? | 你还好吗 吉米 |
[04:19] | When my guinea pig died, I couldn’t jack off | 我家豚鼠死掉时 我有差不多半天 |
[04:22] | – for, like, half a day. – I’m telling you guys– | -都没心情自插 -我跟你们说 |
[04:24] | false alarm. He truly doesn’t give a shit. | 绝对是虚惊一场 他真的不在乎 |
[04:54] | It nearly had it. | 就差一点 |
[04:59] | …mommy classes Becca’s always yammering about. | 贝卡总在念叨的一个什么破育婴课 |
[05:01] | Edgar? Edgar? | 埃德加 埃德加 |
[05:03] | – Yeah. What’s up? – Big writing day ahead of me. | -在 怎么了 -今天是重大的写作日 |
[05:06] | I need you to get all my usual writing snacks | 我想让你帮我到英国特产店 |
[05:08] | from the British specialty store. | 把我平时写作吃的零食都买来 |
[05:09] | Shrimp-flavored crisps, | 虾味薯片 |
[05:11] | Wallington’s choco-knockers, tartar biscuits, | 瓦伦格牌巧克力甜甜圈 塔塔酱饼干 |
[05:14] | kidney jerky, and then all your standard candies | 肉条 以及所有常见的”糖” |
[05:16] | lemingtons, fluffingtons, rum Christophers… | 莱明顿蛋糕 弗拉芬顿饼 朗姆糖 |
[06:12] | I have eyes on him right now. | 我已经盯住他了 |
[06:17] | Subject is on the move. | 目标在移动 |
[06:47] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要吗 |
[06:49] | Sir? | 先生 |
[06:51] | Sir? | 先生 |
[07:05] | A British flag balloon. | 英国国旗气球 |
[07:07] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道我喜欢 |
[07:08] | Oh, I pays attention to my girl. | 我时刻关注我女人 |
[07:24] | Edgar. | 埃德加 |
[07:25] | Hey. Edgar. | 别这样 埃德加 |
[07:27] | Edgar, look at me. No. | 埃德加 看着我 别 |
[07:30] | – Edgar… – I’ve been thinking about you all day. | -埃德加 -我一整天都在想你 |
[07:32] | I could barely sleep. | 我想得睡不着觉 |
[07:33] | Okay, you need your sleep. | 好了 你需要睡眠 |
[07:35] | Aren’t you supposed to have your big meeting thingy | 你不是和那个主任 |
[07:36] | – with the head counselor person? – I was actually thinking, | -有个重大会谈吗 -我其实在想 |
[07:39] | instead, what if we just hung out here all day, | 我们不如在这玩上一整天 |
[07:41] | you know, just, like, laid in bed and watched movies? | 比如 躺在床上看电影 |
[07:43] | Or… ignored movies. | 或者 直接无视电影 |
[07:45] | Edgar, stop! | 埃德加 住手 |
[07:48] | Why don’t you want to go? | 你为什么不想去 |
[07:50] | You’ve been waiting to meet with her for months. | 你等着见她有几个月了 |
[07:51] | What if I go and this is my best last chance | 万一我去了 发现这是我最后的机会 |
[07:54] | and they can’t help me? | 他们却无能为力呢 |
[07:55] | – Then we try something else. – What else?! | -那我们再试试别的办法 -还有什么办法 |
[07:58] | I’ve tried booze, drugs, | 我试了酒精 毒品 |
[08:00] | talk therapy, pills. | 谈话治疗 吃药 |
[08:01] | If not for you, for me. | 不为你 是为了我 |
[08:03] | I need you to try. | 我需要你尝试 |
[08:05] | Sometimes I see you look at me… | 有时我看你的眼神 |
[08:08] | and it kind of… | 有点 |
[08:10] | it scares me. | 吓到我 |
[08:11] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry, Dorothy. | 对不起 多洛希 |
[08:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:17] | I don’t need you to apologize. I just need you to keep trying. | 我不需要你道歉 我只要你继续努力 |
[08:21] | You are brave and you’re smart and you’re strong, okay? | 你很勇敢 聪明也坚强 好吗 |
[08:24] | And remember, when you go, | 记住 你去的时候 |
[08:26] | you just have to be your own advocate, okay? | 你要为自己拼命说话 好吗 |
[08:28] | They can fix you, | 他们可以治愈你 |
[08:30] | but you might have to fight for it. | 但你也许得努力争取 |
[08:32] | This is the one time to not follow the rules. | 这一次 你不要遵守规矩 |
[08:35] | It’s their job to help you. | 帮助你是他们的工作 |
[08:46] | Edgar, where are your pre-moistened towelettes? | 埃德加 你的湿纸巾在哪里 |
[08:48] | I don’t have any. Why? | 我没有啊 怎么了 |
[08:51] | No reason. | 没怎么 |
[08:53] | I might need one in a few minutes. | 几分钟后我可能需要一条 |
[08:56] | Hey, look, it’s your… | 嘿 瞧啊 那不是你的… |
[08:57] | dumbass limey biscuit and fag store. | 蠢货海军饼干和劳工商店吗 |
[09:00] | Um, Edgar, I thought you said you couldn’t get my writing snacks | 埃德加 我记得你说你没办法帮我买写作零食 |
[09:04] | ’cause the store was cordoned off due to police activity. | 因为商店由于什么警务行动被警戒线围起来了 |
[09:07] | I, uh… I-I guess they caught the guy. | 我…我想他们抓到人了吧 |
[09:22] | – Jesus! – You are lucky I didn’t just break my wang. | -天呐 -我没断屌算你走运了 |
[09:25] | I broke a guy’s wang once. | 我有一次就夹断了某人的屌 |
[09:27] | They never tell you how far back it can and can’t go. | 都没人说那玩意儿到底能伸多长 |
[09:30] | It’s the sideways that’s really dangerous. | 辅路才是真的危险 |
[09:33] | Oi! Eyes forward, pervert. | 喂 眼睛往前看 变态 |
[09:39] | Uh, excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[09:40] | is this an audio tape? | 这是录音带吗 |
[09:42] | I didn’t know they still had those. | 我都不知道这东西还能用呢 |
[09:44] | I guess poor people still need something to listen to. | 我想穷人也需要听点什么吧 |
[09:47] | I like my tapes. My brother gave me these. | 我喜欢我的录音带 我哥哥给我的 |
[09:50] | – This is my favorite because it reminds… – Oh, look! | -这是我的最爱 因为这让我想起了 -看 |
[09:52] | He even has them in a little tape case. | 他还把录音带装进了盒子里 |
[09:55] | Oh, my God, are we in the Smithsonian? | 天呐 我们是在史密森尼博物馆吗 |
[09:58] | Do obese Midwesterners gather around your car, | 是不是有来自中西部的胖子围着你的车 |
[10:01] | pressing their be-churroed faces | 把他们油条般的脸 |
[10:03] | at the glass to marvel at your | 贴在玻璃上 |
[10:05] | ancient relics from an erstwhile time of low-fidelity | 惊叹你那来自低保真 |
[10:08] | and inability to fast forward through songs quickly? | 不能快进跳歌时代的老古董 |
[10:13] | I swear, this is by far the worst Uber I have ever taken. | 我发誓这是我目前为止叫过的最烂的优步车了 |
[10:19] | Oh, I almost forgot– give us your car booze. | 我都快忘了 把你车里的藏酒给我 |
[10:23] | Guys, I… I really have to get to my VA appointment. | 二位 我真的得赶去退伍军人事务处了 |
[10:27] | Fine, but when you’re done with your stupid thing | 好吧 但等你搞定了你那破事儿 |
[10:29] | you’re giving us a ride home. | 得来接我们回家 |
[10:52] | Now… | 现在… |
[10:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:57] | Boy, oh, boy, son, I… | 天呐 孩子 我… |
[10:59] | You know, I really got to congratulate | 我真的要祝贺 |
[11:01] | you on your tenacity and dedication to overcoming your difficulties. | 你这种克服困难的坚韧和执着的精神 |
[11:06] | You-you really… you really are an inspiration. | 你真的非常鼓舞人心啊 |
[11:08] | Overcoming? | 克服 |
[11:10] | I’m, uh… Actually, I’m-I’m not doing so well. | 我…其实我的情况不是很好 |
[11:13] | Well, you got in to see me, | 你能成功来见我 |
[11:14] | and that takes grit and determination. | 那需要勇气和决心啊 |
[11:17] | Sometimes my own grandchildren | 有时我自己的孙子们 |
[11:19] | have to make an appointment to see me. | 得预约才能见我 |
[11:21] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:22] | But should it take grit and determination to get help? | 但获得帮助本就该需要勇气和决心吗 |
[11:25] | Exactly. | 正是这样 |
[11:26] | Edgar, you are exactly right. | 埃德加 你说得太对了 |
[11:29] | Believe you me, when I think of the difficulties | 相信我 我每每想到 |
[11:32] | that our chronic underfunding has meant for our patients, | 本该给病患的资金长期不足的难题 |
[11:35] | it just makes my blood boil. | 都气得我五内俱焚 |
[11:37] | We are making strides, though. | 不过我们已经有很大进步了 |
[11:40] | We have a plan | 我们已经定好计划 |
[11:41] | to stop being fax dependent before the next war. | 在下场战争开始前淘汰传真 |
[11:44] | Wait, you guys know when the next war is? | 等等 你们知道下场战争什么时候开打吗 |
[11:48] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:52] | I got you! | 我骗到你了吧 |
[11:56] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[11:58] | I really like you. | 我真心喜欢你 |
[12:00] | I really like you. | 我也很喜欢你 |
[12:01] | Oh, that’s so nice. | 那真是好极了 |
[12:03] | You know what? What the heck. | 算了 管它的 |
[12:06] | I am prepared | 我准备 |
[12:07] | to offer you ten sessions in our virtual reality trainer. | 为你提供十期虚拟现实训练 |
[12:11] | They actually build a video game | 他们根据你们的创伤经历 |
[12:13] | out of your trauma. | 制作了一个电子游戏 |
[12:14] | It’s really so fun. | 特别好玩 |
[12:17] | But scary, of course. | 当然也很吓人 |
[12:20] | But, more importantly, | 但更重要的是 |
[12:21] | it’s shown real efficacy | 实验表明 |
[12:23] | in ameliorating battlefield trauma of your type. | 它对改善你这种战场创伤有实际效果 |
[12:26] | – Well, I-I know about that. – Yeah? | -我知道这种训练 -是吗 |
[12:28] | But I-I was told that study was full up. | 但之前有人告诉我名额已经满了 |
[12:31] | It’s our little secret. | 这是我们之间的小秘密 |
[12:36] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[12:41] | But I-I guess I don’t understand — | 但我有点不明白 |
[12:43] | um, what if I hadn’t kept asking and asking? | 假如我没有坚持提出要求会怎样 |
[12:46] | Let’s get you signed up, shall we? | 我这就给你登记上 好不好 |
[12:48] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:50] | So, you are taking Paxil, | 看来你在服用百可舒 |
[12:52] | Ambien, Chlordia… | 安必恩 利眠宁 |
[12:54] | 11 different medications, actually. | 实际上我一共在服用11种不同的药 |
[12:56] | Well, I take 15, | 我吃15种 |
[12:57] | and I never went to war. | 而我还从没上过战场呢 |
[12:59] | Getting old: don’t do it. | 人不服老不行啊 |
[13:03] | Yeah, but actually, I stopped taking those. | 其实 那些药我都停服了 |
[13:06] | Oh, dear. Which ones? | 天啊 哪几种停服了 |
[13:09] | All of them. I stopped them all. | 都停了 我把药全停了 |
[13:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:16] | So… | 那就 |
[13:17] | when you are back | 等你重新 |
[13:19] | on the full course of your prescribed treatment, | 开始服用所有开给你的药后再来 |
[13:22] | then we can revisit | 到时我们再看看 |
[13:23] | whether we can locate a place for you | 能否在我们其他的项目中 |
[13:25] | in one of our alternative programs. | 给你安排个名额 |
[13:27] | but they were not working for me, and this might. | 但那些药对我都没效果 这个说不定有 |
[13:29] | If you’re hostile to one of our treatments, | 如果你对我们现有的一项治疗这么排斥 |
[13:32] | how can I offer you another? | 我怎能再给你安排其他的项目 |
[13:35] | Especially when our budget is limited, | 特别是如今我们预算有限 |
[13:37] | and there’s so many deserving men and women? | 又有那么多男男女女值得被帮助 |
[13:39] | No, I’m-I’m not hostile, I’m… Okay? I just… | 不 我没有排斥 我只是… |
[13:42] | I don’t like the side effects. | 我受不了那些副作用 |
[13:44] | They make me feel blotchy. | 它们让我觉得自己伤痕累累 |
[13:45] | Okay? I-It’s just-it’s just turning down the volume. | 好吗 它只能稍微控制一下症状 |
[13:50] | It… It’s not living. | 那根本不叫活着 |
[13:53] | From where I sit… | 依我看 |
[13:56] | we seem to be at an impasse. | 我们似乎陷入了僵局 |
[14:07] | No, I’m not leaving. | 不 我不走 |
[14:09] | You’re gonna help me. | 你得帮我 |
[14:11] | It’s the only reason you exist: to help us. | 那是你存在的唯一理由 就是帮助我们 |
[14:14] | And no, no, | 而且 |
[14:15] | it’s not enough to be fed a one size fits all cocktail of shut up pills. | 仅仅靠给我吃那么多种药来让我住嘴是不够的 |
[14:20] | Oh, if we had shut up pills, | 如果我们有能让你住嘴的药 |
[14:22] | we would have prescribed them to you by now. | 我们肯定已经开给你了 |
[14:27] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[14:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:43] | Are you done? | 发泄完了吗 |
[14:47] | Okay. You feel free to make another appointment | 好了 等你重新开始吃药的时候 |
[14:50] | once you’re back on your prescribed medication. | 你就可以预约下一次治疗了 |
[14:54] | Okay, hon? | 好吗 亲爱的 |
[15:36] | Oh, sh… | 靠 |
[16:03] | Shit. | 靠 |
[16:48] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[16:49] | We’re ready to go. | 我们准备走了 |
[16:50] | And I sincerely hope you’ve got our car booze. | 而且我真心希望你准备好了在车上喝的酒 |
[16:53] | A majority of your rating rests on this. | 你的评分很大一部分就看这一项了 |
[16:56] | Uh, sorry, I-I can’t come. | 抱歉 我来不了了 |
[16:58] | My, um… my car broke down. | 我的 我的车坏了 |
[17:01] | Oh, well, that’s not a surprise, | 真是一点也不意外 |
[17:02] | piece of shit with no auxiliary plug or car booze. | 那破烂玩意儿没有辅助启动装置也没有酒 |
[18:49] | Goddamn it! | 妈的 |
[18:50] | Cut! Hey, man! | 停 喂 伙计 |
[18:53] | Can you not just pick up our prop? | 你能不捡我们的道具吗 |
[18:55] | We’re gonna have to go again. | 我们又得重新拍了 |
[18:56] | Oh, sorry. I-I didn’t notice you were… | 抱歉 我没注意到你们在… |
[18:58] | What? You just thought a paper boat | 什么 你以为一只纸船 |
[19:00] | was sailing down the river on its own? | 真能自己就那么顺流而下吗 |
[19:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:04] | Don’t talk to me that way! | 别那样和我说话 |
[19:06] | Sorry. We’re making this silent short for a class, | 抱歉 我们在拍一部默片当课后作业 |
[19:09] | and we don’t have tons of film. | 而且我们的胶卷不多 |
[19:11] | I don’t understand why we have to shoot on film anyway. | 我都不明白为什么我们非得用胶卷拍 |
[19:13] | I mean, I bought myself a Red with my bar mitzvah money. | 我用成人礼的钱买了个瑞德数位电影摄影机 |
[19:16] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[19:19] | – He has a good look, huh? – What? | -他长得挺帅的 对吧 -什么 |
[19:35] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[19:37] | Hey, uh, that’s my car. | 等等 那是我的车 |
[19:40] | Hello. I’m here. | 喂 我在这儿呢 |
[19:49] | It’s my car. I’m here. | 这是我的车 我人在这儿呢 |
[19:51] | – I’m just doing my job. – Oh, I know. I know. | -我只是公事公办 -我知道我知道 |
[19:53] | I’m sorry. I, uh… I-I ran out of gas. | 抱歉 我 我车没油了 |
[19:55] | You can’t just leave your car here. | 你不能把车就这么扔在这儿 |
[19:58] | Sign? | 看到告示牌了吗 |
[20:00] | 禁止停车 违者拖车处理 | |
[20:01] | And you got plenty of gas. | 而且你油还多着呢 |
[20:04] | Look, I had to pull over. | 我当时不得不停车 |
[20:05] | I’m… I’ve been, um… | 我 我一直 |
[20:11] | I’m having a tough day. | 我今天过得特别糟 |
[20:12] | I drive a tow truck. | 我是开拖车的 |
[20:13] | Everybody’s having a tough day. | 人人都过得很艰难 |
[20:17] | Please? | 求你了 |
[20:21] | You a vet? | 你是个老兵吗 |
[20:23] | What? How did…? | 什么 你是怎么… |
[20:25] | Your paperwork on the seat of your car. | 你放在车座上的文件显示的 |
[20:37] | – Dreams? – Some real bad ones. | -你做梦吗 -非常可怕的噩梦 |
[20:39] | – Hypervigilance? – I saw a sniper on the overpass. | -过度警觉吗 -我曾在天桥上看到一个狙击手 |
[20:43] | IEDs in the trash? | 垃圾桶里的简易炸弹吗 |
[20:44] | Yes! Roadside trash is the worst. | 没错 路边的垃圾最可怕了 |
[20:48] | Why can’t they just throw it away? | 他们怎么就不能扔远点呢 |
[20:50] | Suicidal thoughts? | 有过自杀的想法吗 |
[20:55] | You know the stats? | 你知道统计数据是多少吗 |
[20:57] | 22 every day. | 每天都有22人自杀 |
[21:00] | Though, in truth, there are some Vietnam dudes | 不过 实际上 有些越战老兵的自杀 |
[21:03] | that are jacking up our numbers, but still. | 将这个数字拔得过高 不过本来也确实很高了 |
[21:06] | I thought starting today, things would get better. | 我以为从今天开始 情况会好转呢 |
[21:10] | But they don’t give a shit. | 但他们根本就不在乎 |
[21:11] | Here’s what you got to understand. | 你得明白这么一点 |
[21:14] | They’re not evil. None of ’em are. | 他们并不是恶魔 都不是的 |
[21:17] | The military’s job | 在军队的工作 |
[21:18] | is to sand down our humanity just enough | 就是要把我们的人性埋藏得足够深 |
[21:21] | to where we can take a life. | 让我们能下得去手杀人 |
[21:23] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[21:24] | Afterwards, some totally separate branch | 之后 某些完全分离的部门 |
[21:26] | gets to deal with all these purposely broken motherfuckers. | 不得不面对我们这些被整得崩溃的混蛋 |
[21:30] | Not only is that impossible with the resources, | 不仅是在现有的资源下无法做到 |
[21:32] | that’s just impossible, period. | 这事本身就是不可能的 就这样 |
[21:35] | Well, then, what are we supposed to do? | 那我们这些人该怎么做才好呢 |
[21:37] | Not wait for someone to help you. | 不要等着别人来帮助你 |
[21:39] | Figure out what works. | 自己想清楚什么办法可行 |
[21:41] | My man Carter– he hunts all the time. | 我兄弟卡特 他就经常打猎 |
[21:43] | This big chopper pilot I know… | 我认识的一个直升机飞行员 |
[21:47] | he goes to yoga. | 他的方式是练瑜伽 |
[21:49] | And we make fun of him, but it seems to work. | 我们还嘲笑他 但这办法似乎很有效 |
[21:53] | Jorge hikes the PCT once a year. | 霍奇每年去太平洋屋脊步道行走一次 |
[21:56] | I got this companion dog. | 我弄了一只伴侣犬 |
[21:59] | I wanted a big, mean, dude, | 我本来想养一只大型的凶犬 |
[22:00] | but the organization gave me this little scrub. | 但是组织给了我这个小可爱 |
[22:04] | He saved my life– this guy. | 它救了我的命 就这家伙 |
[22:09] | This other bro I know locks himself in his bedroom | 我认识的另一个家伙喜欢把自己锁在卧室里 |
[22:11] | and stabs his closet door. | 疯狂地捅橱柜门 |
[22:14] | I mean, he’s not getting his deposit back, | 他算是别想拿回租房交付的定金了 |
[22:16] | but once the rage passes, he’s fine. | 但是一旦发泄完怒火 他就没事了 |
[22:20] | I know you don’t want to hear this, | 我知道你不想听这话 |
[22:23] | but the minute you stop looking for someone else to cure you, | 但从你停止寻找别人来帮助你的那一刻起 |
[22:26] | maybe you start living again. | 或许你又重新开始活着了 |
[23:10] | Dude! Don’t do that! | 老兄 别那么做 |
[23:13] | Sorry! | 不好意思 |
[23:16] | Sorry. I am s… sorry. | 抱歉 不好意思 |