时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | Yes! | 棒 |
[01:54] | He went to wipe it away, and she said, “No. Leave it.” | 他走过去把它擦掉 她却说”不用 别管” |
[01:58] | And there it lay, like a raindrop, tremulous, quivering… | 它宛若一滴瑟瑟发抖的雨躺在那里 |
[02:03] | on the hood of her father’s beloved Aston Martin. | 躺在她父亲心爱的阿斯顿马丁跑车的引擎盖上 |
[02:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:39] | My car’s doing that thing | 我的车又犯老毛病了 |
[02:40] | where if I take my hands off the steering wheel | 要是我的手离开方向盘 |
[02:42] | for more than, like, ten seconds at a time, | 一次性超过10秒 |
[02:44] | it starts dripping all over the rug. | 油就滴得地毯上到处都是 |
[02:46] | This came for you. | 这是你的快递 |
[02:53] | What?! We can litter in our own front yard now?! | 什么 我们现在能往前院扔垃圾了 |
[03:01] | So… | 话说 |
[03:03] | my boss wants me to take this new client out. | 我老板想让我带一个新客户出去玩 |
[03:06] | Oh, I swear to God, the last thing I need | 我对天发誓 我最不需要的 |
[03:08] | is another crazy high-maintenance musician. | 就是又来一个难伺候的疯狂音乐家 |
[03:10] | Oh, my God! I just got some video of a raccoon | 天呐 我刚刚看了一个视频 |
[03:14] | running down our street with two fistfuls of Chinese food. | 一只浣熊两爪抓着中餐在我们的街上跑 |
[03:18] | The Internet is gonna go bonkers for Chow Mein Raccoon. | 炒面浣熊要在网上大火一把了 |
[03:21] | Oh, hey, this came for you. | 对了 这是你的快递 |
[03:23] | I know. It’s trash. | 我知道 是垃圾 |
[03:24] | – What is it? – My father’s ashes. | -这是什么 -我爹的骨灰 |
[03:30] | I have to! | 我不能不叫 |
[03:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:40] | Oh, Jimmy! | 吉米啊 |
[03:43] | It’s all chunky! | 全是块块 |
[03:46] | Oh, there’s a note. | 有张纸条 |
[03:48] | Oh, hey, guys, sorry, I-I don’t have my pot card yet, so… | 抱歉 我还没办医用大麻许可卡 所以… |
[03:52] | Eject. | 我先闪了 |
[04:00] | “Shitty Jimmy, | “屎吉米 |
[04:01] | “Here’s Dad’s ashes. | 这是爸爸的骨灰 |
[04:03] | “He wanted you to have a memorial for him, | 他想让你为他办追悼会 |
[04:05] | because you’re rich and talk good.” | 因为你有钱又会说话” |
[04:09] | – You gonna do it? – Absolutely. | -你要办吗 -肯定啊 |
[04:10] | I’m gonna just stop writing my book | 我就直接不写书了 |
[04:12] | because my father thinks I should throw him a memorial service | 因为我父亲认为我该给他办个追悼会 |
[04:15] | despite forgetting my birthdays five through 33. | 虽然他从我5岁到33岁每年都忘记我的生日 |
[04:19] | Quick, let’s rent the Coolhaus truck! | 我们快去租辆甜品车吧 |
[04:21] | Jimmy, you know I’m here if you ever want to… | 吉米 我就在这里 如果你想… |
[04:23] | Have sex? Great. Let’s go. | 做爱吗 很好 我们去做爱吧 |
[04:25] | Okay. But I have a meeting later. | 好吧 但我过会要见人 |
[04:27] | So just keep me clean from… here up. | 所以这个部位以上都要保持干净 |
[04:43] | This… | 这是 |
[04:46] | is Raul. | 拉乌 |
[04:47] | He’s interested in playing with us. | 他想跟我们一起玩 |
[04:49] | So, we’re all playing? | 我们都要参与吗 |
[04:52] | Well, you’ll be watching me and Raul playing. | 你可以围观我和拉乌玩 |
[04:54] | And absolutely, down the line… | 当然啦 将来… |
[04:58] | we could do whatever your thing is. | 我们也可以满足你的癖好 |
[05:00] | – Well, actually… – Yeah, down the line. | -其实… -真的 要等到将来 |
[05:06] | I don’t know if I can do this. | 我不知道我是否能接受这个 |
[05:08] | I mean, I don’t even like watching other men | 我都不喜欢看着别的男人 |
[05:10] | put gas in my car. | 往我的车里加油 |
[05:11] | – But you said! – I’m sorry. I just can’t. | -你明明答应了 -抱歉 我做不到 |
[05:15] | Maybe we could get a couple’s massage. | 也许我们可以去做双人按摩 |
[05:18] | Or I saw a Groupon for boudoir photography. | 我还看到了团购网的私密照相服务 |
[05:22] | I could wear a fedora. | 我戴上一顶软毡帽 |
[05:23] | You could be my client | 你可以装作是我的客户 |
[05:25] | whose legs go all the way down to the floor. | 一双玉腿无比修长 |
[05:30] | That sounds… | 那听上去… |
[05:34] | fine. | 还行 |
[05:41] | May I have this dance? | 我能邀你共舞吗 |
[05:45] | See? | 瞧吧 |
[05:47] | We still have spark. | 我们之间还是能擦出火花的 |
[05:50] | I’d dip you, but my stitches might pop out. | 我本想来个下腰动作 但我的缝针口会裂开 |
[05:57] | Honestly, Gretchen, I never cared about publicity. | 说真的 格雷琴 我从没在乎过公众舆论 |
[06:00] | I mean, I was always just Ben Folds, | 我一直就是真实的本·弗茨 |
[06:03] | regular guy from North Carolina who plays piano | 来自北卡罗来纳州的普通人 弹弹钢琴 |
[06:05] | and smokes a pretty decent pork shoulder. | 做得一手好吃的熏猪肘子 |
[06:08] | Anyway, since I’ve relocated to L.A., | 总之 自从我搬到洛杉矶 |
[06:11] | I guess I have to play the game now. | 我大概必须顺从行业规矩了 |
[06:12] | So here we are. | 所以才有我们这次的会面 |
[06:14] | I got to say, | 我得说 |
[06:15] | I was half expecting you to be another high-maintenance diva. | 我本来有点以为你会是个难伺候的婊气女王 |
[06:18] | Oh, no, you’re probably thinking of Ben Kweller. | 不会 估计你把我想成了本·科威勒 |
[06:21] | I’m so sorry, but I-I really love your music. | 不好意思 但是我真的很喜欢你的音乐 |
[06:23] | – No, no, no, no, I’m sorry. – It means a lot to me and my son. | -不行 不好意思 -那对我和我儿子意义重大 |
[06:25] | – Mr. Folds and I are in a… – It’s okay, it’s okay. | -我和弗茨先生正在… -没事 没事 |
[06:28] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[06:29] | Uh, Riley. | 莱利 |
[06:30] | Riley. And what’s Riley’s thing? | 莱利 莱利有什么喜好 |
[06:33] | He’s, uh, pretty into baseball. | 他挺喜欢棒球的 |
[06:35] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[06:42] | 莱利 来个全垒打 本·弗茨 | |
[06:43] | I had no idea you were also an artist. | 我没想到你还是个画家 |
[06:45] | You’re everywhere, man! | 你真是无所不能啊 |
[06:46] | Well, maybe I’ll run into you again. | 也许我还有机会遇到你 |
[06:51] | You were so nice to him. | 你对他也太好了 |
[06:53] | A girl once asked my client Sam for his autograph, | 一次有个女孩问我的艺人山姆要签名 |
[06:56] | and he threw her crutches into traffic. | 他把她的双拐扔到大马路上了 |
[06:57] | I don’t know about all that, Gretchen. | 我不太喜欢像那样耍大牌 格雷琴 |
[06:59] | I-I’m just a regular guy from North Carolina | 我只是来自北卡罗来纳州的一个普通人 |
[07:02] | who plays piano and smokes a pretty decent pork shoulder. | 会弹钢琴 会做美味的熏猪肘罢了 |
[07:12] | Got to say, Dad, the work is flowing | 不得不说 老爸 工作很顺畅 |
[07:14] | like it’s never flowed before. | 从来没这么顺畅过 |
[07:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:21] | Settle in. | 渐入佳境 |
[07:25] | “Normally, she hated to be on top. | “通常 她很讨厌观音坐莲式 |
[07:28] | She liked the weight of a man pressing down on her, | 她喜欢被男人的身躯压迫着 |
[07:31] | the liberation of not having real agency in the shameful act.” | 在这羞耻的行为中 没有一丝力气去反抗” |
[07:36] | “But to be astride the man was the only way she could keep her gaze | “但只有骑在那男人身上 才能让她的目光 |
[07:40] | trained on the two-way mirror.” | 一直对着双面镜” |
[07:42] | “Because when Kitty looked into her reflection | “因为当凯蒂看到镜中的自己 |
[07:46] | and met her eyes, | 四目相对 |
[07:47] | she knew she was also meeting Simon’s eyes. | 她知道自己也在和萨蒙对视 |
[07:52] | Her brother’s eyes.” | 那是她哥哥的眼睛啊” |
[07:56] | You did not see that one coming, did you? | 真是意想不到 是吧 |
[07:59] | Okay, that’s it, we’re having a funeral. | 好的 可以了 我们要举办葬礼 |
[08:01] | Your butt’s gonna have a funeral when I’m through with it. | 等我干完 你的屁眼也要开葬礼了 |
[08:05] | Jimmy, clearly you need some closure. | 吉米 你明显需要做个了结 |
[08:09] | My therapist told me about this. | 我的心理医生和我说过 |
[08:11] | Apparently, if you don’t deal with your emotional crap, | 显然 如果你不处理好情感问题 |
[08:15] | it can mess your shit up later. | 之后你会变得一团糟 |
[08:18] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:20] | we’ll invite a few people over, | 我们邀请一些人来 |
[08:22] | and then call it a day. | 然后大功告成 |
[08:23] | You have to make a speech. Ack! | 你必须致辞才行 |
[08:25] | The note said you talk good. | 那张纸条上说你很会说话 |
[08:27] | Everybody know Jimmy talk real good. | 人人都知道吉米能说会道 |
[08:32] | Next we have Item 7-A, which is the reading… | 下一步我们有7A项目 是对… |
[08:38] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[08:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:41] | City Council Member Todd Winterer | 市政议员陶德·温特尔 |
[08:43] | initiated legislation regarding a bus accident, | 就一起巴士事故发起立法议案 |
[08:46] | but Council Member Pam O’Connel abstained. | 但议员帕姆·奥康诺弃权了 |
[08:51] | Pam O’Connel! | 帕姆·奥康诺啊 |
[08:52] | Who recommended the purchase | 他曾提出让政府采购 |
[08:54] | of two natural gas street sweepers. | 两个天然气道路清扫机 |
[08:57] | But guess who voted nay. | 但你猜是谁投了反对票 |
[08:59] | Todd Winterer. | 陶德·温特尔 |
[09:01] | Now, ask yourself why. | 现在 想想这是为什么 |
[09:03] | Well, because… | 其实 是因为… |
[09:07] | That must be the food. | 肯定是食物到了 |
[09:17] | Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[09:18] | You’re not the food delivery person. | 你不是送餐的 |
[09:25] | Paul. What’s going on? | 保罗 什么情况 |
[09:27] | Lindsay, I know how important this is to you, so… | 琳赛 我知道这对你很重要 所以 |
[09:31] | I found the gentleman you picked out on the Web site. | 我找到了你在网上挑的那位先生 |
[09:34] | We FaceTimed, and he’s very nice. | 我们视频过了 他人很好 |
[09:37] | He goes to Loyola Marymount. | 他是洛约拉玛莉曼特大学的 |
[09:39] | Go Lions. | 雄狮队加油 |
[09:43] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[09:44] | Anything for our family. | 一切为了家庭 |
[09:47] | Okay, so I don’t know how this works. | 好吧 我不知道这个怎么进行 |
[09:49] | Is there, like, a discussion about what’s appropriate? | 是不是要讨论下 什么行为合适 |
[09:53] | Or, uh… | 或是… |
[09:54] | Go sit over there. | 去那边坐着 |
[09:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:20] | So what I found is that marijuana really helps me with my symptoms, | 我发现大麻对我的症状很有帮助 |
[10:24] | and I was just wondering | 我就想着 |
[10:26] | if there’s some sort of form I could fill out | 能不能让我填些表格之类的 |
[10:27] | to make sure that it doesn’t interfere with my other benefits. | 以确保这不影响我的其他利益 |
[10:31] | You just walked into a government building | 你走进一座政府大楼 |
[10:33] | and asked if we’d be cool with you taking illegal drugs. | 问我们是否能同意你使用非法药物 |
[10:37] | Maybe on your way home you can stop at the DMV | 你回家路上或许可以顺道去下车管局 |
[10:40] | and ask if they’ll let you steal some cars. | 问问他们是否能同意你去偷车 |
[10:42] | Well, pot is legal in California. | 但大麻在加州是合法的 |
[10:45] | You mean the independent nation of California? | 你是说加州”独立国”吗 |
[10:49] | Is that the army you fought for? | 你是为这个军队效力的吗 |
[10:51] | The Army of California? | 你是加州军人吗 |
[10:53] | How’d they pay you? | 他们用什么付你工资 |
[10:54] | Avocados and screenplays? | 鳄梨和剧本吗 |
[10:55] | Wait. So are you saying | 等等 你是说 |
[10:56] | that I can’t use marijuana medicinally, | 我不能因为医疗原因抽大麻吗 |
[10:58] | even though it’s legal in this state? | 哪怕大麻在本州是合法的 |
[11:00] | I said no such thing. | 我没这么说过 |
[11:01] | So I can use it? | 所以我可以抽吗 |
[11:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:05] | All I know is that… | 我只知道 |
[11:08] | marijuana is a Schedule 1 narcotic. | 大麻是一类毒品 |
[11:11] | And you’re asking me, | 而你却问我 |
[11:12] | a government employee, if you can take it. | 一个公务员 你能不能抽大麻 |
[11:14] | Let’s call the police and ask them. | 我们打电话给警察问问他们吧 |
[11:17] | – No, they won’t have… – Hey, police. | -不 不必了 -你好 警察叔叔 |
[11:19] | Which federally illegal drugs | 有哪种非法毒品 |
[11:21] | can this guy take that will be cool with the V.A.? | 是退伍军人事务处不反对这家伙使用的 |
[11:25] | They want to talk to you. | 他们想和你聊聊 |
[11:36] | Number 83. | 请83号进来 |
[11:46] | Is that your eulogy? | 那是你写的悼词吗 |
[11:48] | Of sorts. | 算是吧 |
[11:49] | I’ve prepared a list of heckles. | 我列了张黑话清单 |
[11:51] | Jimmy, shouldn’t a eulogy be heartfelt? | 吉米 悼词不是该发自肺腑的吗 |
[11:53] | All my father ever did was take the piss. | 我爸唯一的作为就是取笑捉弄别人 |
[11:57] | But I like the area you’re in. | 但我喜欢你这个方向 |
[11:59] | How about, | 这个怎么样 |
[11:59] | “Dad, I hope you truly do rest in peace? | “爸 我真心希望你能安息 |
[12:02] | As opposed to how you usually rest, | 而不是像你通常那样休息 |
[12:04] | in a pair of urine-soaked sweatpants.” | 穿着被尿浸湿的运动裤躺那儿” |
[12:11] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[12:13] | It’s me, Freddy. | 是我 弗莱迪 |
[12:15] | I worked with your dad at the plant. | 我是你爸在工厂的同事 |
[12:16] | Oh, yes, now I remember you. | 对哦 我想起你是谁了 |
[12:19] | You and dad used to show up at school | 你和我爸总是跑到我学校去 |
[12:20] | and heckle me during gym class. | 在体育课时对我说黑话 |
[12:23] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[12:23] | I live in Fresno with me daughter now. | 我现在和女儿一起住在弗雷斯诺市 |
[12:25] | Your sisters want me to follow up with you. | 你的姐姐们让我来找你跟进一下情况 |
[12:27] | Apparently, you blocked their numbers, | 显然你拉黑了她们的电话号码 |
[12:29] | and they want me to tell you: | 她们想让我告诉你 |
[12:30] | A, you’re to have the funeral; | 第一 你必须办丧礼 |
[12:33] | B, to make sure to scatter his ashes; | 第二 你务必要撒他的骨灰 |
[12:35] | and C, don’t fall into any shit. | 第三 别再跌进屎里 |
[12:38] | Ah! Well, tell them: | 那好 你告诉她们 |
[12:40] | A, we’re already having a service tomorrow; | 第一 我们明天就办丧礼 |
[12:42] | B, I will scatter his ashes, into the toilet; | 第二 我会撒骨灰的 撒进茅坑里 |
[12:45] | and, C, you’re grossly obese, | 第三 你胖得恶心死了 |
[12:47] | brush your teeth, and you’re a whore | 好歹刷刷牙 你个贱婊 |
[12:49] | in descending chronological birth order. | 按照出生顺序一个个告知 |
[12:51] | Brilliant! | 太有才了 |
[12:53] | I also have something I’d like to read about Ronny, | 我还为罗尼写了点悼词 想念一下 |
[12:56] | if it’s okay with you. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[12:58] | Actually, that sounds great. | 其实这主意棒极了 |
[13:00] | Tomorrow at 7:00. And bring something to drink. | 明晚七点 带瓶酒来 |
[13:02] | If it’s rosé, | 如果是玫瑰香槟 |
[13:03] | just keep it Cotes de Provence. | 买普罗旺斯产区的就好 |
[13:05] | And maybe some ice. | 或许再带点冰块过来 |
[13:06] | Cotes de Provence, ice. | 普罗旺斯产区 冰块 |
[13:09] | Cotes de Provence, ice. | 普罗旺斯产区 冰块 |
[13:12] | Well, I’m off the hook. | 我算是解脱了 |
[13:14] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[13:14] | We’ll have the wake, | 我们办个守夜 |
[13:15] | that old fart will do the eulogy and bring ice. | 那个老家伙会念悼词 还会带冰块来 |
[13:21] | It’s perfect. | 简直太完美了 |
[13:40] | When Raul was doing me from behind, | 拉乌从背后干我的时候 |
[13:42] | and I was thrusting my hips, that was so hot, right? | 我前后推送着肥臀 是不是很性感 |
[13:59] | Oh, look. | 快看 |
[14:00] | There’s a bowl of candy and a quadcopter. | 那里有一碗糖和一个四旋翼飞行器 |
[14:02] | Entertain yourself. | 自己玩去吧 |
[14:07] | Ben? What are you doing here? | 本 你怎么来了 |
[14:10] | Your office said you’d recently experienced a loss. | 你办公室的人说你最近失去了一位亲人 |
[14:13] | So I wanted to bring some flowers. | 所以我想来送上一束鲜花 |
[14:15] | And, of course, some of my famous pork shoulder. | 当然还有我拿手的熏肘子 |
[14:18] | It’s just what you do. | 都是应该的 |
[14:20] | May I ask who passed? | 我能问问是谁去世了吗 |
[14:21] | Oh, my boyfriend’s father. | 是我男朋友的父亲 |
[14:22] | Oh, gosh, oh, no. | 我的天啊 不 |
[14:24] | That’s terrible, terrible news. | 真是噩耗 |
[14:27] | I’m incredibly close to my Papa. | 我和我爸爸特别亲密 |
[14:29] | Funerals are so important. | 葬礼是非常重要的 |
[14:31] | Who’s playing? | 谁来演奏 |
[14:32] | Playing music? | 演奏音乐吗 |
[14:35] | No one? | 没人吧 |
[14:36] | I’ve got my piano in the truck. | 我的钢琴就在卡车上 |
[14:38] | Okay, sure, that’s… | 好的 你真是… |
[14:40] | incredibly generous of you. | 太慷慨了 |
[14:45] | Thank you, my love. | 谢谢你 我的爱人 |
[14:50] | Whoops. Bubbles. | 糟糕 有泡泡 |
[14:53] | Can’t risk another epiglottal infection. | 不能再冒险感染会厌软骨症了 |
[14:55] | I’ll just run and swap this out. | 我去换一杯 |
[15:00] | Something is up with you two, and I don’t like it. | 你们两个之间有点情况 我不喜欢这样 |
[15:03] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:04] | You’d be happy, too, if you weren’t so poor now. | 你要不是这么穷 现在也会很开心的 |
[15:06] | Because you’re my sister, and I love you, | 因为你是我姐姐 我爱你 |
[15:09] | I’ll go sneak some spanakopitas into my purse | 我去顺点希腊菠菜派放我包里 |
[15:12] | and give them to you later, so you can feed your baby. | 待会儿给你 那样你就可以喂你的宝宝吃了 |
[15:28] | Do you have any weed? | 你有大麻吗 |
[15:30] | I can’t afford it with this stupid budget Becca’s got me on, | 贝卡就给我这么点钱 我买不起 |
[15:33] | so I’ve been smoking dried banana peels. | 所以我最近都在抽干香蕉皮 |
[15:35] | Why don’t you just get a pot card? | 你为什么不搞张医用大麻卡 |
[15:37] | The V.A. says it’ll mess with my benefits, | 退伍军人事务处说那会影响我的福利 |
[15:39] | but it’s, like, the only thing that helps, so… | 但那几乎是唯一有用的东西了 所以… |
[15:42] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[15:43] | The doctor in me is like, | 我内心的医生人格在呐喊 |
[15:45] | you’re the patient, take what you’ve been prescribed, | 你是病人 吃医生开给你的药就行了 |
[15:47] | you dumb little bitch. | 你个小白痴 |
[15:48] | Yeah, that’s what I figured. | 没错 我猜也是这样 |
[15:49] | But the human in me is like, | 但我心里那个普通人又好像在说 |
[15:51] | “Smoke that ganj, yo.” | 哟 抽点大麻吧 |
[15:53] | Real talk? It’s bullroar that you can’t get a pot card. | 说真的 你拿不到医用大麻卡真是太操蛋了 |
[15:56] | You went to war. | 你参加过战争 |
[15:57] | And straight berserkered on fools. | 你可是开枪杀过人的啊 |
[16:00] | That’s an actual reason. | 那就是个合理的理由 |
[16:01] | Like, everyone at this party | 就像 派对上的每个人 |
[16:03] | has a pot card for a dumb reason. | 都因为傻兮兮的理由拿到了医用大麻卡 |
[16:05] | Gretchen said she had insomnia. | 格雷琴说她失眠 |
[16:07] | Lindsay said her back hurt. | 琳赛说她背疼 |
[16:09] | Piano fingers. | 再比如钢琴指 |
[16:12] | What reason did you use? | 你又用什么原因 |
[16:13] | I just said I saw a dog. | 我就说我看到了条狗 |
[16:15] | Did you? | 你有吗 |
[16:16] | No, man. Total lie. | 当然没有了 瞎编的 |
[16:17] | I didn’t see a dog all day. | 我一整天都没看到狗 |
[16:19] | Well, on TV, sure. | 当然了 电视上有 |
[16:21] | You can’t turn on a TV | 你一打开电视 |
[16:22] | without seeing, like, three or four of them shits. | 肯定会看到三四条狗 |
[16:27] | Hello. Thank you all for coming to the memorial service | 大家好 感谢各位前来参加 |
[16:30] | for my father, Ronny Overly. | 我父亲罗尼·奥弗利的追悼会 |
[16:33] | His friend Freddie will do the eulogy, | 他的朋友弗莱迪将致悼词 |
[16:35] | we’ll toast, and then you will leave. | 然后我们举杯 之后你们就可以走了 |
[16:39] | Cheers. | 谢谢 |
[16:41] | Cheers, everyone. | 谢谢 各位 |
[16:44] | “Ronny Overly “was not only my coworker. | 罗尼·奥弗利不仅是我的同事 |
[16:48] | “He was my hero. | 他是我的英雄 |
[16:50] | “He cherished his family, | 他珍惜他的家庭 |
[16:51] | “Especially his son, Jimmy. | 尤其是他的儿子 吉米 |
[16:54] | “I remember when “I came out to visit Jimmy. | 我还记得我来看望吉米时的情景 |
[16:57] | “Oh, bloody hell. | 该死 |
[16:59] | “This was supposed to be in the third person. | 这应该用第三人称写的 |
[17:02] | “Oh, well. Ha, ha. It’s me, Ronny. | 好吧 哈哈 是我 罗尼 |
[17:05] | “I wrote this in pen, so I might as well keep going. | 我用笔写的 所以我最好还是继续说吧 |
[17:09] | “I just realized | 我刚刚意识到 |
[17:11] | “Freddie has to read whatever I say. | 无论我写了什么 弗莱迪都得念出来 |
[17:14] | “My name is Freddie, | 我叫弗莱迪 |
[17:15] | and I’m a…” | 我是个 |
[17:17] | I’m not reading that. | 我才不念这段呢 |
[17:19] | Skipping forward. | 跳过去 |
[17:20] | “Anyway, | 总之 |
[17:21] | “I did my best to love him, but he rejected me. | 我倾尽全部去爱他 但他拒绝了我 |
[17:24] | “I sent him presents, I visited, | 我送他礼物 去看望他 |
[17:27] | “I Facebook-requested him. | 我在Facebook上加他为好友 |
[17:30] | “Anyway, I forgive him. | 总之 我原谅他 |
[17:32] | “Please scatter my ashes | 请将我的骨灰撒在 |
[17:34] | “At the home of actor Tony Shalhoub, | 演员托尼·谢尔赫布的家里 |
[17:36] | “Whose movie Big Night you and I attended together. | 我们曾经一起去看了他的电影《狂宴》 |
[17:40] | What’s that, Fi?” | 那是什么 菲 |
[17:41] | I think it’s “Shalhoub.” | 我觉得是念”夏尔赫布” |
[17:42] | “Your sister just told me he’s a Paki. | 你姐姐刚刚告诉我他是个巴基斯坦佬 |
[17:44] | “Shit. Anyway, | 该死 总之 |
[17:46] | “After the movie, you turned to me and said, | 电影结束后 你转过头对我说 |
[17:49] | ‘That’s what I want to do, Daddy. | 那就是我想做的 老爸 |
[17:51] | ‘I want to tell stories.’ | 我想讲故事 |
[17:53] | “And I said, ‘You can do anything You want, son.’ | 然后我说 你想做什么都可以 儿子 |
[17:58] | “And so, you became a writer. | 于是 你变成了一位作家 |
[18:01] | “I did that. | 多亏我的鼓励 |
[18:02] | “Anyway, I hope you ditch that depressed girl. | 总之 我希望你甩了那个抑郁症姑娘 |
[18:07] | “And I hope Fi is wrong about Tony Shalhoub. | 我希望菲对托尼·谢尔赫布的判断是错的 |
[18:10] | “Looking at his last name now, | 现在看着他的姓 |
[18:12] | “It does look suspicious. | 确实有点可疑 |
[18:15] | “Shal-houb. | 谢尔-赫布 |
[18:17] | Cheers.” | 谢谢 |
[18:25] | Excuse me! Excuse me. We are not done. | 打扰下 打扰下 还没完事呢 |
[18:28] | First of all, he is a liar! | 首先 他在说谎 |
[18:31] | I begged him to take me to Big Night | 我曾经求他带我去看《狂宴》 |
[18:32] | so that we could bond, but instead, | 加深父子感情 但是相反 |
[18:34] | he went to D3: The Mighty Ducks, | 他却去看了《野鸭变凤凰3》 |
[18:36] | and I watched Big Night alone. | 我一个人看了《狂宴》 |
[18:38] | Then his movie was shorter, | 他看的电影时长要短些 |
[18:39] | he forgot that I was with him, so he left without me. | 他忘了我是跟他一起去的 所以他丢下我就走了 |
[18:42] | For him to claim that he was rejected after 18 years | 他竟然有脸声称被我漠视了 但是18年来 |
[18:47] | of constant rejection on his part is crazy! | 他一直在漠视我 真是疯了 |
[18:52] | In fact… | 实际上 |
[19:00] | I’ve prepared a list of heckles for the occasion. | 我为今晚的葬礼准备了一堆黑话 |
[19:03] | Sweet. | 好极了 |
[19:04] | Uh, “Dad, fortunately, your death wasn’t too much of a shock, | “爸 幸运的是 你的死亡并不怎么令人震惊 |
[19:08] | considering you already look like | 毕竟你本来看上去就像是 |
[19:09] | someone put a Manchester jersey | 一具溺毙的尸体 |
[19:11] | on the corpse of a drowned person.” | 穿着曼城队的球衣” |
[19:15] | “Dad, you always were a lady killer. | “爸 你一直是个女士杀手 |
[19:18] | “You gave all three of my sisters genes | 你遗传给了我的三个姐姐 |
[19:20] | “For alcoholism, learning disabilities and morbid obesity.” | 酗酒 学习障碍和病态肥胖症的基因” |
[19:25] | I mean, we are talking about a guy who was so narcissistic | 我们在谈论的这个人 是如此自恋 |
[19:28] | that he wrote his own eulogy! | 以至于他的悼词都是自己写的” |
[19:32] | What’s next?! | 接下来要怎样 |
[19:33] | Are we…? | 难道我们要… |
[19:37] | Freddie, when did my dad find out he was dying? | 弗莱迪 我爸是什么时候知道他快死了的 |
[19:39] | He was diagnosed some time last year. | 他是去年的某个时候确诊的 |
[19:56] | Hey, folks, | 嘿 各位 |
[19:57] | if, uh, you’re gonna Instagram this, | 如果你们要拍我的照片发上网 |
[19:59] | be sure to, uh, hashtag “BenFoldsSightings,” | 请务必插入话题#偶遇本·弗茨 |
[20:02] | “BenFoldsIsEverywhere” And “BenFoldsMovesToLA.” | #本·弗茨无处不在和#本·弗茨搬到洛杉矶了 |
[20:06] | If you do, I’ll personally tell you | 如果你们这样做 我会亲自告诉你们 |
[20:08] | what Brick is really about. | 《砖》这首歌是关于什么的 |
[20:09] | Abortion. | 堕胎啊 |
[20:11] | No. | 不是 |
[20:23] | Hey, thanks for playing. | 谢谢你能来演奏 |
[20:24] | You were really great. | 你真的表现得很棒 |
[20:25] | Ben! Ben! Over here, Ben! | 本 本 看这里 本 |
[20:27] | – Over here, Ben! – Sorry. | -看这里 本 -不好意思 |
[20:29] | Not an appropriate venue, bud. | 现在这场合不合适 兄弟 |
[20:31] | Now, I’ll take some pictures with you outside later. | 我等下去外面再让你拍 |
[20:32] | All right? | 好吗 |
[20:36] | Wasn’t that the same guy | 那不是在冰淇淋店 |
[20:37] | who asked for your autograph at the ice cream place? | 找你要签名的家伙吗 |
[20:39] | What?! A paparazzi and an autograph reseller? | 什么 他既是狗仔又是签名贩售商吗 |
[20:43] | Scumbag. | 真是人渣 |
[20:48] | Okay, look, I moved to L.A. a couple months ago, | 好吧 听着 我是几个月前搬来洛杉矶的 |
[20:51] | and, you know, everyone was so excited when Moby moved to town. | 莫比搬来的时候 大家都好激动 |
[20:55] | It was like, “Moby bought that house. | 各种热门消息 “莫比买了栋房子 |
[20:57] | Oh, and Moby opened that restaurant.” | 莫比开了家餐厅” |
[20:59] | Ben Folds moved to town? Bupkis. | 本·弗茨搬来这里 却没人在乎 |
[21:02] | That’s… | 那真是… |
[21:04] | That’s incredibly… | 你这真是… |
[21:07] | clever… of you. | 太聪明有才了 |
[21:10] | But, hey, | 但是 记住 |
[21:11] | it’s my job now. | 现在你的宣传工作由我负责了 |
[21:13] | Well, this was fun. Hey, guys, | 这的确很好玩 各位 |
[21:15] | want to hit Big Wang’s or something? | 想去大旺酒吧吗 |
[21:18] | Get a couple drinks in me, | 让我几杯酒下肚 |
[21:19] | I might tell you what Brick’s about. | 我或许会说说《砖》这首歌是关于什么的 |
[21:20] | Abortion. | 堕胎啊 |
[21:22] | Goddamn it. How’d that get out? | 该死的 这消息怎么泄露出去的 |
[21:47] | Oh, shit. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 该死的 不好意思 抱歉 |
[21:50] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:54] | You know, when we had that moment in the pub, | 之前我们在酒吧里共度那一刻的时候 |
[21:56] | I thought to myself, “After 33 years, | 我心想 “33年之后 |
[22:00] | I’m finally having a real moment with my father.” | 我终于可以跟我父亲共享父子时光了” |
[22:06] | Can’t believe what a fool I was. | 真不敢相信我当时怎么那么傻 |
[22:09] | There wasn’t a shred of truth in that moment. | 那一刻完全是由谎言编织成的 |
[22:11] | You were lying the whole time. | 你一直都在撒谎 |
[22:13] | You were dying, you didn’t say a word. | 你就要死了 但你却什么都没说 |
[22:16] | All you had to do was say, “Hey, Jimmy, | 你只需要说 “嘿 吉米 |
[22:20] | “This might be the last time I get to see you. | 这可能是我最后一次见到你了 |
[22:25] | Is there anything you’d like to say?” | 你有什么想对我说的吗” |
[22:28] | And that way… | 那样的话 |
[22:30] | despite decades of neglecting, withholding, | 尽管你几十年来对我都十分忽视 不尽责 |
[22:35] | general assholery, | 像个大混蛋 |
[22:38] | I could have had a modicum of closure. | 我好歹也可以稍稍做个了结 |
[22:43] | Goddamn you! | 你真是个大混蛋 |
[22:45] | I can hear you laughing at the world “Modicum” as I speak. | 我说出”稍稍”这个词 都能听到你在嘲笑 |
[22:50] | Well, guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[22:52] | I’m getting my closure right now. | 我现在可以获得了结了 |
[22:57] | You do not get to affect me anymore! | 你再也别想影响到我了 |
[23:03] | So long, Dad. | 再见了 爸 |