时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:52] | No! Not the tickles! | 不 别挠我痒痒 |
[00:59] | Come on, honey. Let’s go inside. | 来吧 宝贝 我们进屋去 |
[01:02] | – I have this pretty stick. – Oh, it’s a cool stick. | -我有一根漂亮的棍子 -这根棍子真酷 |
[01:06] | This mud was probably a little too much, huh? | 我脸上的泥好像抹太多啦 |
[01:27] | 吉米和格雷琴婚礼待办事项 吉米·希瓦-奥弗利 编写 | |
[01:27] | Holy shit. | 我靠 |
[01:29] | Holy shit. | 我靠 |
[01:31] | Holy shit! All of it? | 我靠 全搞定了吗 |
[01:34] | And with 24 hours to go. | 还剩下24小时才到婚礼 |
[01:39] | That was so much work! | 事情也太多了吧 |
[01:40] | An incredible amount of stupid, idiot work. | 一大堆蠢死了的白痴准备工作 |
[01:44] | – I hate work, and that was… – Of which I did most. | -我讨厌做事 而那… -大部分都是我做的 |
[01:46] | – Okay, now that’s really open for debate. – I’m just saying | -等等 这可有待讨论 -我只是说 |
[01:48] | – that I did all of it. – And not really the point. | -这全部都是我做的 -这并不是重点 |
[01:49] | This is really my wedding. | 这其实是我一个人的婚礼 |
[01:51] | My second marriage, I’m eloping. | 我第二次结婚要选择私奔 |
[01:53] | – No doubt. – Why isn’t Edgar cooking us | -毫无疑问嘛 -埃德加为什么没给我们 |
[01:54] | some pre-wedding fritters or some shit? | 做婚礼前夕油煎饼之类的 |
[01:56] | Oh, he’s putting the finishing touches on his Best Man Jimmy day. | 他正在为「吉米伴郎日」做最后的安排工作 |
[01:59] | Yuck. Lindser and I got to run all over town | 呸 我和琳子还得跑遍全城 |
[02:02] | getting this face and body camera-ready. | 把这幅美颜娇躯 打理成上相的状态 |
[02:05] | Do you think I need to…? | 你觉得我需不需要… |
[02:06] | No one’s gonna be looking at you. Literally no one. | 没人会看你的 一个都没有 |
[02:08] | You’re invisible tomorrow. No one gives a fuck. | 明天你就是隐形人 没人鸟你 |
[02:11] | You could die. | 你就算死了也没什么 |
[02:12] | I can’t believe how not freaked out I am. | 真不敢相信我还这么淡定 |
[02:16] | I thought I would be shitting my pants the day before my wedding, | 我本来以为我在婚礼前一天会吓”屎”了 |
[02:18] | but I just feel so good | 但我现在感觉棒极了 |
[02:20] | since I came clean to you about everything. | 因为我向你坦白了一切 |
[02:22] | You have given me a gift no one has before. | 你送了我一份没人送过给我的礼物 |
[02:27] | Acceptance. | 就是接纳 |
[02:29] | Unconditional acceptance. | 无条件接纳 |
[02:32] | Jimmy, it’s all I ever wanted. | 吉米 我最想要的就是这个 |
[02:34] | I finally feel truly safe. | 我终于有了真正的安全感 |
[02:37] | God, I’m genuinely touched. | 天呐 我真的很感动 |
[02:39] | So safe, in fact… | 如此有安全感 以致于… |
[02:43] | What are you doing there? | 你这又是在干什么 |
[02:44] | So safe I feel like I can do anything | 以致于我觉得我做什么都可以 |
[02:45] | and you’ll never leave me, no matter what I do. | 你绝不会离开我 无论我做什么 |
[02:50] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要那么做 |
[02:51] | It’s a metaphor for how I can do anything I want now. | 这是一种比喻 象征我现在可以随心所欲啦 |
[02:54] | Yeah, a metaphor I’ll be cleaning up. | 是啊 一个我待会儿还要清理的比喻 |
[02:55] | You know you don’t need to fix my problems, Jimmy. | 你知道你不需要帮我解决问题 吉米 |
[02:57] | So you’re gonna clean it up? | 那你自己会清理干净吗 |
[02:59] | Cleaning it up ruins the metaphor. | 清理干净就破坏了那个比喻 |
[03:02] | Paul! Did you get LASIK? | 保罗 你做视力矫正手术了吗 |
[03:05] | Oh, good Lord. Costume changes? | 老天爷啊 你们在玩换装游戏吗 |
[03:07] | I guess I won’t see you until… | 看来我们暂时不会见面啦 直到… |
[03:09] | You’re walking down the aisle in hilariously incongruous white? | 你沿红毯走来 穿着一身不和谐的可笑白婚纱 |
[03:14] | Kiss, kiss, kiss, | 亲亲 亲亲 亲亲 |
[03:17] | kiss, kiss, | 亲亲 亲亲 |
[03:18] | kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss! | 亲亲 亲亲 亲亲 亲亲 亲亲 |
[03:21] | – Kiss! – Have sex, have sex, | -亲亲 -上床 上床 |
[03:23] | – have sex, have sex. – All right. | -上床 上床 -好了 |
[03:26] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们快把事办完吧 |
[03:28] | Don’t lose him. | 别弄丢他了 |
[03:29] | I need that piece of shit to marry me tomorrow. | 明天我需要那个混蛋娶我 |
[03:32] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[03:34] | I guess I’ll go get dressed. | 我去换衣服好了 |
[03:35] | Wait! Before you put on your pants, | 等等 在你穿上裤子前问一下 |
[03:37] | where’s your favorite place to go? | 你最喜欢去哪里 |
[03:39] | – Nowhere. – That’s where we’re going. | -哪儿都不去 -我们就去那个地方 |
[03:41] | Are you serious? I don’t have to put on pants? | 你是说真的吗 我不用穿上裤子 |
[03:44] | You can Donald Duck that shit | 你可以像唐老鸭一样光着屁股 |
[03:46] | because this is your day. | 因为今天你是主角 |
[03:48] | Everything is coming to us. | 一切都是上门服务 |
[03:51] | Manis, pedis, facials, food, booze. | 美甲 修脚 做脸 食物 酒 |
[03:53] | Thank you. I am stupid excited to hang out with you. | 谢谢你 能跟你一起玩 我真是傻乐死了 |
[03:57] | – Same! Extra stupid. – So… | -我也是 比你更傻 -那么 |
[04:01] | tell me the haps. | 跟我说说你的近况 |
[04:02] | What was it like munching Yvette’s puss? | 给伊维特舔逼是什么感觉 |
[04:06] | Mani-pedis must be early. | 一定是美甲的人来早了 |
[04:10] | Hello… | 你好 |
[04:12] | sir? | 先生 |
[04:15] | Sorry, wrong… door. | 抱歉 你…找错门了 |
[04:19] | You have to get rid of her. | 你必须赶走她 |
[04:21] | I’m serious, whatever it takes. | 我是认真的 不管用任何手段 |
[04:32] | Mommy. | 妈妈 |
[04:34] | Gretchen, why aren’t you wearing pants? | 格雷琴 你怎么没穿裤子 |
[04:36] | Do you not shave above the knee? | 你不剃膝盖以上的毛吗 |
[04:38] | I thought you and Daddy had plans today. | 你和爸爸今天不是有安排了吗 |
[04:40] | Your father wanted to go to the Reagan Library, | 你父亲想去里根总统图书馆 |
[04:42] | but I’ve already been there so many times. | 但我已经去过很多次了 |
[04:44] | Hi, Mrs. Cutler. | 你好 卡特勒夫人 |
[04:46] | So nice of you to surprise us. | 你突然到访给我们惊喜 真好 |
[04:48] | Gretchen, who is this person? | 格雷琴 这个人是谁 |
[04:50] | Is that the right word? | 用这个代词没问题吧 |
[04:51] | I want to be an ally, but they make it so hard. | 我也想支持性少数族群 但他们让人很难做到 |
[04:55] | – How’s your hotel, Mommy? – Dreadful. | -你的酒店怎么样 妈妈 -糟透了 |
[04:58] | They put us near the elevator, | 他们让我们住电梯旁边 |
[05:00] | so I made them move us. | 所以我让他们换房间 |
[05:02] | I had to go out into the hall, | 我得出去 到走廊里 |
[05:04] | then we were near a baby, so I… | 旁边还有婴儿 所以我… |
[05:09] | For your butt. | 给您坐的 |
[05:11] | Sorry! Got to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[05:15] | You are bailing on me the day before my wedding? | 你要在我婚礼前一天抛弃我 |
[05:18] | I’m sorry. I love you, I love you. | 抱歉 我爱你 我爱你 |
[05:19] | You’re on your own. Sorry! | 但你得靠自己了 抱歉 |
[05:24] | Is this a built-in couch? | 这是嵌入式沙发吗 |
[05:26] | Must be impossible to clean. | 肯定没法清理干净 |
[05:28] | And you enjoy walking on the bare floor? | 你喜欢直接踩地板 不铺地毯吗 |
[05:35] | On the eve of this major turning point in your life, | 在你人生重要转折点的前夜 |
[05:39] | we embark on three stops. | 我们有三站要去 |
[05:41] | This first stop | 第一站 |
[05:43] | represents a dream from your past. | 代表你过去的梦想 |
[05:47] | Something you used to talk about | 一个你一直谈论不休 |
[05:50] | but never got to do. | 却从未去过的地方 |
[05:53] | Sochi 2014. | 索契2014冬奥会 |
[05:56] | You wouldn’t stop talking about curling. | 你总是把冰壶挂在嘴边 |
[05:59] | No sport more misunderstood. | 那是被人误解最深的体育项目了 |
[06:02] | No players more understandably hair-trigger defensive | 没有任何项目的选手比冰壶选手更加处于一种 |
[06:07] | than those of curling. | 一触即发的防守状态 |
[06:13] | Fuck yeah. | 太棒了 |
[08:02] | Hello? | 你好 |
[08:05] | Are you… | 你是… |
[08:07] | me? | 我吗 |
[08:11] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[08:13] | For a second I thought I was in a Black Swan. | 有一瞬间 我以为自己在《黑天鹅》电影里了 |
[08:16] | Becca is being reckless with her health and, therefore, | 贝卡毫不在意自己的健康 因此 |
[08:19] | with the health of my progeny. | 也危及到了我孩子的健康 |
[08:20] | She butt-dialed me from a wine tour. | 她参加了红酒之旅 屁股不小心拨通了我的电话 |
[08:23] | Gretchen’s bitch mom ruined my day, | 格雷琴的贱人老妈毁了我的一天 |
[08:25] | so let’s sort this sitch out. | 我们来解决这些破事 |
[08:29] | Becca? Get over here. | 贝卡 给我滚过来 |
[08:31] | And bring back all the TP you stole. | 把你偷走的厕纸也带过来 |
[08:33] | Last night I had to wipe with a sock. | 我昨晚不得不用袜子擦屁股 |
[08:38] | Have you ever considered curtains? | 你有考虑过窗帘吗 |
[08:41] | How’s Daddy? Is he playing a lot of golf? | 爸爸怎么样 他还是总玩高尔夫吗 |
[08:43] | How’s his knee? | 他的膝盖还好吗 |
[08:44] | He’s fine. Oh, before I forget, I need to see the seating chart. | 他没事 趁我还记得 给我看看座位表 |
[08:49] | – Now? – Thank you. | -现在吗 -谢谢 |
[08:55] | Can you make it bigger? | 你能放大点吗 |
[08:57] | Go up. | 往上 |
[08:59] | You sat Robert next to his son? You have to change it. | 你让罗伯特坐他儿子旁边 你得改一下 |
[09:02] | Who is this Paul person, and why doesn’t he have a table? | 保罗是谁 为什么他没桌子 |
[09:07] | What if you moved him…? | 不如你让他坐在… |
[09:08] | No! Paul throws everything off! | 不 保罗会打乱一切 |
[09:13] | I’m sorry. Uh, the chart took forever. | 抱歉 我安排座位表花了很长时间 |
[09:16] | Do you know how embarrassing it is when people ask me | 你知道当别人问起我菜单和花是什么时 |
[09:19] | about the menu and the flowers, | 我有多尴尬吗 |
[09:20] | and I just have to shrug | 我只能耸耸肩 |
[09:22] | and say, “I suppose I’ll see”? | 说到 “到时候看了就知道了” |
[09:25] | Other than that phone call in the middle of the night | 你除了在大半夜给我打电话 |
[09:27] | to let me know that you and Boone were getting married, | 告诉我你和布恩要结婚之外 |
[09:30] | you’ve haven’t told me a thing. | 其他什么都没告诉我 |
[09:34] | You sure we haven’t talked about the wedding since then? | 你确定我们在那之后还没谈过婚礼的事吗 |
[09:36] | Positive. | 确定 |
[09:39] | That’s really funny, because I just realized now | 说来好笑 因为我刚刚意识到 |
[09:44] | that there might have been an assumption | 或许存在这么一种可能 |
[09:46] | that I might have inadvertently forgotten | 我不小心忘记了 |
[09:49] | to set the record straight, | 跟你说清楚 |
[09:50] | and you might still think that… | 让你还以为… |
[09:56] | Mommy, I’m marrying Jimmy, not Boone. | 妈 我是要和吉米结婚 不是布恩 |
[10:02] | – Mommy, I said I’m… – I know you’re marrying Jimmy. | -妈 我说… -我知道你要和吉米结婚 |
[10:04] | I’m not a complete idiot. | 我不是白痴 |
[10:07] | Then why are you here? | 那你怎么还是来了 |
[10:10] | Our daughter is getting married. | 我们的女儿要结婚了 |
[10:16] | We’ve had front row seats to all your mistakes, | 我们曾在头排见证了你所有的错误 |
[10:18] | so why stop now? | 这次为何不来见证 |
[10:20] | Do you have a saltine? I’m a bit peckish. | 你有咸饼干吗 我有点饿了 |
[10:30] | Okay, for our second stop, Jimmy, | 我们的第二站 吉米 |
[10:33] | – this one represents… – Oh, let me guess. My present. | -这个代表了… -让我猜猜 我的现在 |
[10:36] | No. Your present is now, | 不 你的现在就是此刻 |
[10:37] | why would you need to visit it? | 你为何还要专程来到现在探访一番 |
[10:38] | No, it’s your past again, but this one is bad. | 不 还是你的过去 但这是不好的过去 |
[10:42] | It’s all the anger and stress and anxiety you’ve held onto, | 是你积攒的所有愤怒 压力 和焦虑 |
[10:46] | and it is time to let it out. | 是时候释放出去了 |
[10:54] | It’s a smash room. | 这里是「粉碎场」 |
[10:59] | A safe way to externally fight the demons within. | 从外部与内心的恶魔斗争的安全方式 |
[11:05] | I can see how you might be drawn to this, | 我能看出来你为什么喜欢这里 |
[11:07] | but as someone who lives his life honestly, | 但作为一个真诚生活的人 |
[11:09] | I have no need for a safe space | 我不需要一个安全的地方 |
[11:11] | to vent the impotent rage I simply do not possess. | 来发泄愤怒 因为我心中毫无愤怒 |
[11:56] | Dial-ins! | 来电 |
[11:57] | Sheila! | 希拉 |
[11:58] | Studio system! | 制片体系 |
[12:00] | Signature cocktails! | 特色鸡尾酒 |
[12:02] | Vendors! | 供应商 |
[12:03] | Caterers! | 酒席承办人 |
[12:05] | Depression! | 抑郁 |
[12:19] | Do it! Do it! | 砸它 砸它 |
[12:32] | I’m getting married, Papa. | 我要结婚了 爸爸 |
[12:40] | Paul, Becca, please keep in mind | 保罗 贝卡 请记住 |
[12:43] | what’s important is the welfare of a child that’s going to exist soon, | 最重要的是即将出生的孩子的利益 |
[12:48] | so let’s clear the air | 所以我们把话说清楚 |
[12:49] | and everyone agree to stop ruining Paul’s baby, | 大家都同意不要再伤害保罗的孩子 |
[12:52] | you heinous bitch. | 你这个恶毒的贱人 |
[12:54] | I’m not ruining his baby. | 我没有伤害他的孩子 |
[12:56] | I can’t help it if the baby craves unpasteurized cheese. | 宝宝想吃未消毒生奶酪的话 我也控制不住 |
[12:59] | – And sushi? – I didn’t eat sushi. | -包括寿司吗 -我没吃寿司 |
[13:02] | It was sashimi. Rice goes straight to my hips. | 我吃的是生鱼片 米饭会让我的屁股长肉 |
[13:04] | Chillax, dorkus. | 放轻松 呆子 |
[13:05] | It’s good to challenge babies’ immune systems. | 考验一下宝宝的免疫系统是好事 |
[13:07] | That’s how you make an X-Men. | X战警就是这么生出来的 |
[13:10] | You agreed to follow a rigorous meal plan, | 你同意了要遵守严格的饮食计划 |
[13:13] | to do yoga and Pilates, | 做瑜伽和普拉提 |
[13:15] | to play it trans-vaginal Mozart. | 经阴道给孩子放莫扎特乐曲 |
[13:17] | My wife’s not jacking it with that dildo speaker | 我老婆可不会把那假鸡巴播放器塞进去 |
[13:20] | to play your kid nerd music. | 给你的孩子放呆子音乐 |
[13:21] | – It’s all in the contract. – Since you brought it up, | -这都写在合同里了 -既然你提起了 |
[13:24] | I do have a solid legal basis for increased parental rights | 我有充分的法律依据增加亲权 |
[13:28] | due to the altered method of insemination. | 因为授精方式变更了 |
[13:31] | You want parental rights? | 你想要亲权 |
[13:33] | No, I just said I have a legal basis for parental rights. | 不 我只是说我的亲权有法律依据 |
[13:38] | Plus, I do have a geriatric womb | 另外 我的子宫已经衰老 |
[13:40] | and might not ever get pregnant again. | 可能再也无法怀孕 |
[13:44] | What if I never get pregnant again? | 如果我再也怀不了孕怎么办 |
[13:45] | I’m not gonna lie, I was hoping we’d get a do-over someday. | 说实话 我曾希望过有一天我们能从头开始 |
[13:48] | Tallulah’s great, but face it, | 塔卢拉很好 但承认吧 |
[13:49] | we’re not turning that boat around. | 那孩子是改造不好了 |
[13:51] | Vernon, we have to keep this baby. | 弗南 我们必须保住这个孩子 |
[13:54] | I can already feel how much it loves me. | 我已经能感觉到宝宝有多爱我 |
[13:56] | She’s bluffing. When Bec and I were kids, | 她在虚张声势吓唬你 我和贝卡小的时候 |
[13:58] | she would threaten to kill herself if I didn’t give her my Choco Taco. | 她会威胁说如果我不给她冰淇淋卷就要自杀 |
[14:02] | Please. Just tell me how much. | 拜托 告诉我要多少钱 |
[14:04] | Paul, you can’t put a price on a mother’s love. | 保罗 你不能用金钱衡量一个母亲的爱 |
[14:07] | But if you want to put a price on a mother’s love, | 但如果你想用金钱衡量一个母亲的爱 |
[14:09] | – low mid-to-mid six figs all in. – Six? | -那就一共小几十万吧 -几十万 |
[14:12] | If you’re not willing to give everything you have for this baby, | 如果你不愿意为这个孩子付出一切 |
[14:15] | maybe you don’t really want it. | 也许你并不是真的想要这个孩子 |
[14:21] | I think you might be right. | 我觉得你可能说得对 |
[14:22] | – What? – I love the idea of a child, | -什么 -我想要孩子 |
[14:24] | but I don’t think I’m ready for the reality. | 但我觉得我还没准备好要孩子 |
[14:29] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[14:33] | I think I’m out. | 我觉得我要退出了 |
[14:37] | Thank you, Becca. | 谢谢你 贝卡 |
[14:37] | – Paul, no. – I’ll be okay. | -保罗 别这样 -我会没事的 |
[14:40] | Maybe I’ll take the hundreds of thousands of dollars | 也许我会把已经存进孩子大学基金的 |
[14:43] | I already put into a college fund | 几十万美元取出来 |
[14:45] | and use it towards my travels. | 用来自己旅行 |
[14:47] | Babies are the real trip. All kinds of new experiences. | 孩子才是真正的旅行 各种新奇体验应有尽有 |
[14:50] | The nonstop screaming, clipping them tiny fingie nails, | 无休止的哭闹 为他们剪小小的指甲 |
[14:52] | not being able to run out right quick | 没办法立马跑出门 |
[14:54] | to see the new Minions movie | 去看新出的小黄人电影 |
[14:55] | ’cause some little dummy might roll over onto her face and die. | 因为某个小傻瓜可能会翻身脸朝下 窒息死亡 |
[14:59] | I think it may be best for all | 我想如果我立即踏上旅程 |
[15:00] | if I begin my travels immediately. | 可能对大家都最好 |
[15:02] | Paul, you can’t leave. It’s your baby. | 保罗 你不能走 这是你的孩子 |
[15:22] | Wait, Paul! We were bluffing. | 等等 保罗 我们是在虚张声势吓唬你 |
[15:24] | I can’t do it all over again. You can’t make me. | 我不能从头再来了 你不能逼我 |
[15:27] | 20 grand, all in. | 两万块 全部包含 |
[15:30] | 30, or I kill myself. | 三万 不然我就自杀 |
[15:35] | Fifteen. | 一万五 |
[15:37] | – Done. – Done. | -成交 -成交 |
[15:43] | And when she refused to stop parking in front of our house, | 当她拒绝停止把车停在我们家门前时 |
[15:46] | I simply had Enrique change the sprinklers to go off | 我就让恩里克重新设置喷水器 |
[15:51] | right before she had to leave for work in the morning. | 在她早上出门上班前自动开启 |
[15:54] | You think this marriage is a mistake, | 你认为这场婚姻是个错误 |
[15:56] | and you weren’t gonna say anything? | 而你却什么也不打算说 |
[15:58] | Do we have to talk about this? | 我们非得聊这个吗 |
[16:00] | We were having such a nice day. | 我们今天明明相处得很愉快 |
[16:02] | Actually, we do have to talk about it, | 事实上 我们确实需要谈谈这件事 |
[16:04] | and we’re not having a nice day. This is a terrible day. | 而且我们今天相处得并不愉快 今天糟透了 |
[16:07] | You are my mother, | 你是我的母亲 |
[16:08] | and yet you refuse to ever talk to me about anything real. | 但你却从始至终拒绝和我聊任何现实之事 |
[16:11] | I was just telling you all about | 我刚刚正和你聊 |
[16:13] | the new Oriental family next door. | 隔壁新搬来的东亚人 |
[16:15] | Anything real, Mother. | 有现实意义的事 妈 |
[16:18] | You’re so afraid you might hear something unpleasant. | 你太害怕会听到不高兴的事 |
[16:21] | You always have to be so provocative. | 你总是这么咄咄逼人 |
[16:23] | It’s the day before my fucking wedding, | 今天是我婚礼的前一天 |
[16:25] | and you know nothing about me! | 而你对我一无所知 |
[16:27] | – What don’t I know about you? – Seriously? | -你的事有哪件我不知道 -认真的吗 |
[16:30] | Let’s see, uh, in high school, | 我们数数看 我高中的时候 |
[16:31] | I had more sex in your bed than you did. | 我在你床上做爱的次数比你还多 |
[16:33] | Granny’s Homer painting that’s been in the family for decades? | 外婆那幅在家族传了几十年的霍默的画 |
[16:36] | Fake. I sold the original to buy acid. | 是假的 我把真迹卖了用来买毒品了 |
[16:39] | I said that my piano teacher “Bad-touched me” | 我谎称我的钢琴课老师”不怀好意地摸我” |
[16:41] | to get out of a recital. | 以逃脱一次演奏会 |
[16:44] | I’m gonna go have a cigarette. | 我要去抽根烟 |
[16:48] | Congratulations, Gretchen. | 恭喜你 格雷琴 |
[16:50] | You’ve driven the help away again. | 你再次赶走了帮手[女仆] |
[16:52] | The hamster didn’t escape, I forgot to feed him. | 那只仓鼠没有逃走 是我忘记喂它 |
[16:55] | Abortions? Yup! | 堕胎 没错 |
[16:58] | I didn’t graduate from college. | 我没有从大学毕业 |
[17:00] | I know all of this, Gretchen. | 这些我都知道 格雷琴 |
[17:04] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[17:05] | No way. You would have tried to stop me. | 不可能 否则你一定会试图阻止我的 |
[17:08] | When could I ever control you? | 我什么时候可以控制你了 |
[17:09] | When did you ever try? | 你什么时候尝试过 |
[17:12] | Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, | 你有没有想过 或许 仅仅是或许而已 |
[17:15] | all the terrible shit I did was a cry for help? | 我干的那些可怕的破事 都是在哭求帮助 |
[17:18] | – Your father and I didn’t want to indulge you. – Why not? | -你父亲和我以前不想宠溺你 -为什么不 |
[17:20] | You wouldn’t have figured out how to take care of yourself. | 那样你就不知道该如何照顾自己了 |
[17:23] | I can’t take care of myself! | 我无法照顾好自己 |
[17:25] | I have been suffering in the dark | 我这一辈子都在黑暗里煎熬 |
[17:28] | with a severe goddamn mental illness for my entire life! | 遭受着严重的精神疾病的折磨 |
[17:31] | Oh, stop it. | 住嘴吧 |
[17:33] | Just because you’re blue now and again | 就因为你现在偶尔忧郁难过 |
[17:35] | does not mean that you have an illness. | 并不代表你有疾病 |
[17:38] | You caught me drowning my American Girl dolls. | 你当年抓到我淹死我的「美国女孩」娃娃 |
[17:41] | Why didn’t you do anything?! | 你为什么没有采取任何措施 |
[17:43] | This is really too much. | 这真的有点太过了 |
[17:44] | I tried to kill myself, mommy. | 我曾试图自杀 妈妈 |
[17:47] | I did. | 真的 |
[17:49] | When I was 17. | 在我17的时候 |
[17:52] | I really wanted to die. I really did. | 我当时真的很想死 真的很想 |
[17:55] | I sometimes still do. | 我现在有时候依然想死 |
[18:01] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[18:03] | Nothing we did was ever enough for you. | 无论我们做什么 对你来说永远都不够 |
[18:05] | Don’t you think that if I had talked to someone | 你不觉得 如果我曾经有过心理疏导 |
[18:09] | when I was 13 or 17 or 26, | 比如在我13 17或26岁的时候 |
[18:14] | that I would be better now? | 那我现在会好很多吗 |
[18:16] | That I wouldn’t be this person? | 就不会变成现在这样子吗 |
[18:18] | What do you want? | 你到底想要什么 |
[18:20] | Do you want me to hold you | 你想要我抱着你 |
[18:21] | and tell you that I’m miserable, too? | 告诉你我过得也很悲惨吗 |
[18:24] | That I haven’t felt love for your father, for anyone, in 20 years? | 我20年来对你父亲或任何人 都未产生过爱意吗 |
[18:29] | That I would kill to have an affair | 我抓心挠肝地想拥有一段婚外情 |
[18:31] | but I’m too scared of what people might say? | 但却太害怕别人对我指指点点 |
[18:35] | Or worse, that no one would have me? | 或者更糟 没人愿意要我 |
[18:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:45] | Well, I don’t. | 可惜我不想 |
[18:48] | Everyone’s fine. | 大家都没事 |
[18:51] | Life is good, Gretchen. | 生活很美好 格雷琴 |
[18:54] | I don’t know why you have to make it so difficult for yourself. | 我不明白你为何非得自己难为自己 |
[19:00] | I don’t make it difficult. It I difficult. | 不是我故意难为自己 是生活本来就很艰难 |
[19:10] | To be honest, it feels like… | 老实说 感觉就像… |
[19:11] | No one wants to hear these things. | 没人想听这些 |
[19:13] | If you insist on sharing them, | 如果你坚持与别人分享这些想法 |
[19:15] | you’ll just push everyone away. | 你只会让所有人都远离你 |
[19:30] | You’re wrong, mommy. | 你错了 妈 |
[19:32] | Maybe it’ll push you away, but not Jimmy. | 或许这会让你远离我 但吉米不会 |
[19:45] | Last stop on the train. | 本次旅程的最后一站 |
[19:52] | Is this a private club? | 这是个私人俱乐部吗 |
[19:54] | Where powerful people talk about their mistresses | 有权有势的大人物在这里谈论他们的情妇 |
[19:57] | and topple governments? | 密谋推翻政府 |
[19:59] | Yup. And you’re now a member. | 没错 现在你也是成员之一了 |
[20:02] | It doesn’t actually unlock anything. | 这把钥匙并不能打开任何东西 |
[20:04] | You just show it and you get in. | 但是展示一下 你就可以进来 |
[20:16] | Yep. Enjoy. | 请慢慢享用 |
[20:18] | No. No, they’ll sniff me out. | 不 他们会嗅出我的真实身份 |
[20:19] | No, that- that’s the point of this day. | 不 那正是我们今天要改变的事 |
[20:22] | You still think of yourself as lowly, poor, | 你依然觉得自己是处于社会底层的 贫穷的 |
[20:26] | undeserving on the outside, but, Jimmy… | 不配享受这些的人 但是 吉米 |
[20:36] | you belong now. | 你现在属于这里了 |
[20:43] | Go ahead. | 吃吧 |
[22:00] | Carve out sauvignon blanc in the third trimester, | 如果允许在晚期妊娠阶段喝长相思葡萄酒 |
[22:03] | and you can do whatever you want with my placenta. | 你就可以对我的胎盘为所欲为了 |
[22:11] | Threaten the well- being of my child again, | 再敢威胁我的孩子的利益 |
[22:13] | and I’ll sue the britches off of you. | 我就告得你们倾家荡产 |
[22:25] | You jerk! | 你个混蛋 |
[22:26] | You were gonna leave. | 你本来都要离开了 |
[22:28] | I wasn’t serious. | 我不是认真的 |
[22:30] | I was calling Becca’s bluff, like you said. | 我只是按照你说的 在对付贝卡的虚张声势 |
[22:32] | I believed you. Well done. | 连我都信了 好样的 |
[22:37] | Anyway, I’m glad you’re staying. | 总之 我很高兴你打算留下来 |
[22:41] | So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow for the big day. | 那么 明天的大日子 我还会见到你吧 |
[22:45] | Give me a call if you need anything, | 如果你需要什么 给我打电话 |
[22:47] | or even if you just want to talk. | 哪怕你只想找人聊聊天也行 |
[22:49] | Does anybody talk on the phone anymore? | 现在还有人通过电话聊天吗 |
[22:53] | “Klondike one nine, patch me through, Midge.” | “克朗代克19 请帮我转接一下” |
[22:57] | I don’t know what you’re doing, but okay. | 我不知道你在干什么 但是 好吧 |
[23:00] | Bye, Paul. | 再见 保罗 |
[23:21] | Did I forget something? | 我是不是落下了什么没拿 |
[23:22] | No. You said to call. | 没有 你说过我可以打给你 |
[23:27] | Do you want me to come back in? | 你想让我再回房间里吗 |
[23:31] | No. | 不 |
[23:33] | This is nice. | 这样挺好的 |
[23:36] | Hey, Paul? | 嘿 保罗 |
[23:38] | Yes? | 什么 |
[23:39] | How do fish sleep? | 鱼是怎么睡觉的 |
[23:45] | Oh, golly. | 天呐 |
[23:47] | It’s weirder than you think. | 那比你想象的还要古怪 |
[23:49] | For starters, fish don’t have eyelids. | 首先 鱼是没有眼睑的 |
[23:59] | – You’re leaving? – I have to go meet your father at the hotel. | -你要走了吗 -我必须去酒店跟你爸见面 |
[24:02] | Apparently, he and the docent got into it | 显然 他跟图书馆讲解员就里根总统 |
[24:04] | about Reagan’s handling of AIDS, | 对艾滋病的处理方式吵了起来 |
[24:06] | and he’s still a little wound up. | 他还是有点生气 |
[24:08] | I will see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[24:10] | – You’re still coming? – You know, I see young people, | -你明天还是会来吗 -我也见过一些年轻人 |
[24:14] | daughters of my friends | 比如我朋友的女儿们 |
[24:15] | struggling with the question of having children, | 纠结该不该要孩子的问题 |
[24:17] | and I just want to tell them, “Don’t. | 我只想告诉他们 别要 |
[24:22] | It’s not worth it.” | 那根本不值得 |
[24:24] | – Mom. – I’m serious. | -妈 -我是认真的 |
[24:26] | What pleasure is it? | 那有什么乐趣可言 |
[24:30] | You don’t like me. | 你一点都不喜欢我 |
[24:33] | Your brother’s a child. | 你哥哥就跟个孩子一样 |
[24:37] | You wanted real. | 你想要追求现实 |
[24:40] | Whatever you think of me, | 不管你对我是什么看法 |
[24:42] | it’s my job to want more for you | 对你要求高 望你过得好 是我的职责 |
[24:44] | than you want for yourself. | 哪怕你自己降低标准 |
[24:47] | But if you need someone who doesn’t push you | 但如果你需要一个不会逼迫你 |
[24:49] | and embraces your flaws, | 能接受你所有缺点的人 |
[24:54] | I’m glad you found Jimmy. | 我很高兴你找到了吉米 |
[24:57] | I wish you had that, too, Mommy. | 我希望你也找到了那样一个人 妈 |
[25:03] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[25:16] | What a rush. I was on fire. | 真刺激 我刚刚都快爆炸了 |
[25:19] | They followed my stories. | 他们认真倾听我说的故事 |
[25:21] | They understood my obscure allusions and complex wordplay. | 他们明白我模糊的暗示和复杂的文字游戏 |
[25:25] | They loved me! | 他们超爱我 |
[25:28] | You just found your people, Jimmy. | 你找到了你的圈层 吉米 |
[25:31] | You found my people. | 是你找到了我的圈层 |
[25:33] | You know, it is both infuriating and humbling | 你是如此贴心的一个朋友 |
[25:37] | how thoughtful of a friend you are. | 那是很让人生气 很羞辱人的 |
[25:39] | You’ve seen me at my worst, and yet… | 你见过我最糟糕的时候 但是… |
[25:44] | you’ve always seen my worth. | 你一直都能看到我的价值 |
[25:47] | And still, it took me years, | 但是 我却用了好几年的时间 |
[25:49] | literally, to see yours. | 才看到你的价值 |
[25:50] | – It’s okay, Jimmy. – No. No, it’s not. | -没事的 吉米 -不 那可不行 |
[25:54] | You are and have always been my best man | 你一直都是值得我信赖的了不起的人 |
[25:59] | and my best friend. | 也是我最好的朋友 |
[26:00] | Thanks, Jimmy, I, uh… | 谢谢 吉米 我… |
[26:03] | I thought this conversation would be easier | 我以为在经历今天的这些活动之后 |
[26:05] | after everything we did today. | 再开口跟你说这事会容易些 |
[26:13] | I wanted to remind you how far you’ve come, | 我想提醒你 你一步一步走了多远 |
[26:16] | how much you’ve grown, | 你成长了多少 |
[26:18] | so I can say this: | 那样我才能说这句话 |
[26:21] | don’t marry her. | 不要娶她 |
[26:23] | You told me not to lie to you, | 你叫我不要对你说假话 |
[26:25] | and the truth is, you can’t do it. | 那么真话就是 你不能那么做 |
[26:27] | You can’t marry Gretchen. | 你不能娶格雷琴 |
[26:28] | No. No, Edgar, we’re… we’re in a good place. | 不 不 埃德加 我们现在的感情状况很好 |
[26:33] | I mean, she came clean with me. She’s stopped lying to me. | 她对我说实话了 她不再对我撒谎了 |
[26:37] | – For me. – I don’t think it’s enough. | -她为了我才那么做的 -我觉得这不够 |
[26:39] | Because even when you tell each other the truth, | 因为即使你们对彼此说实话 |
[26:41] | you don’t do anything about it | 你们也不会采取任何措施去改变 |
[26:42] | and you just end up hurting each other. | 最终只会互相伤害 |
[26:44] | I’m not gonna hurt Gretchen. | 我不会伤害格雷琴的 |
[26:46] | Not in ways that count. She’s a tough girl. | 即使伤害也是无关紧要的那种 她很强悍 |
[26:49] | – Beautiful. Are those your vows? – Fuck you. | -真动人 那是你的婚礼誓言吗 -操你妈的 |
[26:51] | You guys hold how you don’t judge each other | 你们两个认为 你们互不评判对方 |
[26:53] | as this great thing, but it’s really not. | 似乎是很伟大的事 但其实并不是 |
[26:55] | It’s just a justification for your guys’ selfishness. | 那只是为你们的自私找的辩解罢了 |
[26:57] | You love each other, but that’s not the same thing | 你们爱彼此 但那并不等同于 |
[27:00] | as being good for each other. | 是对对方好 |
[27:02] | – You stop talking. – I’m sorry, Jimmy. | -你给我闭嘴 -对不起 吉米 |
[27:03] | I’m right. You know I’m right. | 我是对的 你知道我是对的 |
[27:05] | I don’t give a shit | 我他妈才不管 |
[27:07] | what you think about our relationship. | 你对我们的感情是什么看法 |
[27:11] | I never have. | 我从来就不在乎 |
[27:12] | You’re pathetic. You’re nothing! | 你很可悲 你狗屁都不是 |
[27:14] | I talked to the venue and the caterers. | 我找场地方和婚宴承办人谈过了 |
[27:16] | – Stop it. – And they are willing | -住嘴 -如果你现在取消婚礼 |
[27:17] | to give you half your deposit back if you cancel now. | 他们愿意退还一半的定金 |
[27:20] | We can get in my car and drive to the desert. | 我们可以现在上我的车 开去沙漠 |
[27:22] | We can drive to San Francisco. We can just drive wherever, | 我们可以一直开去旧金山 想开去哪里都行 |
[27:25] | just as long as you… | 只要你… |
[27:26] | – We are done. – Jimmy. | -我们之间完了 -吉米 |
[27:29] | I don’t want to see you ever again. | 我再也不想见到你了 |
[27:36] | You’ll destroy each other. | 你们会毁掉彼此的 |
[27:41] | There is no way I’d rather go. | 即便如此 我也义无反顾 |
[28:10] | 婚礼倒计时: 天呐 今天就是你的大喜之日啦 |