时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Your Honor… | 《法官大人》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | There’s one guy– he come up to me real quiet, | 有一个人 他轻手轻脚走到我面前 |
[00:04] | asking me if I know who Kofi Jones is. | 问我知不知道科菲·琼斯是谁 |
[00:07] | Do you know his name? | 你知道他的名字吗 |
[00:09] | Carlo Baxter. | 卡洛·巴克斯特 |
[00:10] | – We got him. – What? | -找到他了 -什么 |
[00:12] | We got Carlo Baxter’s DNA on Kofi. | 在科菲身上找到了卡洛·巴克斯特的DNA |
[00:15] | It’s gonna be the hottest shit in NOLA. | 它会成为新奥尔良最抢手的玩意儿 |
[00:18] | We’re gonna turn 150 grand into half a mil. | 我们投入15万 就能赚50万 |
[00:23] | Y’all ain’t the only one upping your game. | 你们不是唯一一家要玩大的 |
[00:26] | That’s 200 Gs. | 这是20万 |
[00:30] | Trevor, I’m a judge. | 特雷弗 我是法官 |
[00:31] | If there’s one thing I’ve learned about blackmailers | 我对敲诈者的认知就是 |
[00:34] | is they always come back for more. | 他们总是贪得无厌 |
[00:39] | Here’s-here’s what I know, Judge. | 告诉你吧 法官 |
[00:42] | I know your car was stolen the day after you killed my son. | 我知道在你害死我儿子次日 你的车就被盗 |
[00:46] | Up against the wall! | 面对墙站直 |
[00:47] | So let’s just skip your denying everything, | 省省矢口否认的环节 |
[00:50] | get to where I shoot you in the fucking head. | 直接让我一枪崩了你的脑袋 |
[00:52] | Carlo. | 卡洛 |
[00:54] | He is about to be arrested for the murder of Kofi Jones. | 他将会因为涉嫌谋杀科菲·琼斯而被捕 |
[00:58] | He’s going to stand trial for murder. | 他将会因谋杀而受审 |
[01:01] | They’ve-they’ve got video evidence and-and-and-and DNA. | 他们有监控证据 还有DNA |
[01:05] | No, no. I-I can make sure that… | 不要 不要 我可以确保 |
[01:08] | that hi-his case is in my court. | 由我来审他的案子 |
[01:11] | I can make sure that he walks out a free man. | 我可以保证让他无罪释放 |
[01:19] | What does this person know? | 这个人知道多少 |
[01:22] | Everything. | 全部 |
[01:50] | Pick up the phone. | 接电话 |
[01:58] | Pick up the fucking phone, Carlo! | 接电话啊 卡洛 |
[02:21] | 150 grand in 24 hours! | 24小时里挣了15万 |
[02:25] | How do you like that for return on investment? | 这样的投资回报如何 |
[03:04] | Yeah. Leave a message. | 嗯 请留言 |
[03:05] | Don’t go to the hotel. | 别去酒店 |
[03:06] | Stay away from the hotel. | 别回酒店 |
[03:07] | Get away from the hotel! | 离酒店远远的 |
[03:42] | Morning. | 早 |
[04:05] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[04:23] | Shit! | 该死 |
[04:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:51] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[05:07] | – Leave it out front. – Yes, sir. | -就停在前面 -是 先生 |
[05:17] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[05:21] | Carlo, come and kiss your mother. | 卡洛 过来亲你妈妈 |
[05:24] | Go get the stuff. | 去拿东西 |
[05:31] | Get him out of there! | 快带他走 |
[05:32] | – What? Who? – Carlo! | -什么 谁 -卡洛 |
[05:34] | Now! Go! | 马上 快走 |
[06:06] | Yeah. Sure. | 嗯 好 |
[06:15] | Yeah, I understand. | 我知道了 |
[06:55] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[07:17] | – Carlo Baxter, you’re under arrest. – For what? | -卡洛·巴克斯特 你被捕了 -什么罪名 |
[07:19] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[07:20] | For what?! | 什么罪名 |
[07:21] | You do not have to say anything, | 你有权保持沉默 |
[07:22] | but I should warn you that anything you do say, | 但你所说的一切 |
[07:22] | Fuck you! | 去你妈 |
[07:23] | including abusive language, | 包括脏话 |
[07:25] | Fuck you up the ass. | 去你妈逼 |
[07:26] | might be used in evidence against you. | 都可能成为对你不利的证据 |
[07:32] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[07:34] | Step back, ma’am. | 清退后 女士 |
[07:41] | She said step back! | 她说退后了 |
[07:44] | I want your name. | 告诉我你叫什么 |
[07:46] | Detective Costello, Mrs. Baxter. | 卡斯特罗警探 巴克斯特太太 |
[07:50] | Why are you arresting my son? | 你为什么逮捕我儿子 |
[07:53] | I think you know the answer to that. | 我想你清楚 |
[08:07] | Fia? | 费 |
[08:11] | They’re saying he killed someone. | 他们说他杀了人 |
[08:14] | What? | 什么 |
[08:16] | In jail, the day of Rocco’s funeral. | 在监狱里 在罗科葬礼那天 |
[08:22] | I’m sorry. I didn’t… I didn’t know who else to come to, and I… | 真抱歉 我不知道还能找谁 |
[08:25] | No, no, no, it’s-it’s okay. I’ve got you. | 不不 没事 有我呢 |
[08:36] | The wrong brother died. | 死错了兄弟 |
[08:41] | How can I feel something like that? | 我怎么能有那样的感觉 |
[08:46] | But I do. | 但我就是有 |
[08:50] | Is that… is that terrible? | 那…糟糕吗 |
[08:54] | Shit. You-you… | 该死 你… |
[08:56] | Please don’t ever tell anyone I said that. | 拜托别告诉人我那么说过 |
[08:59] | – Promise me? – I promise. | -保证 -我保证 |
[09:15] | Hey, you didn’t see me, all right? | 你没看到我 好吗 |
[09:42] | 150 grand and ten bucks. | 15万加10块 |
[09:45] | Did they get that wrong? The extra ten? | 他们数错了吗 10块零的 |
[09:48] | Don’t tell me– poker winnings. | 我猜猜 打扑克赢的 |
[09:52] | Yeah, I’m figuring… | 我想 |
[09:54] | it would be the easiest thing in the world to tie this to drugs. | 把这跟毒品联系起来会非常轻松 |
[10:00] | I’m also figuring we could forget about it… | 我还想 我们可以不管这事 |
[10:07] | …if you want to talk about Kofi Jones. | 只要你肯谈谈科菲·琼斯 |
[10:17] | Kofi who? | 科菲什么 |
[10:22] | This is a death penalty case. | 这是件死刑的案子 |
[10:27] | And the evidence, it’s… strong. | 而证据又很有力 |
[10:35] | You don’t always know with a jury, Carlo, | 陪审团很难说 卡洛 |
[10:37] | but I’d say you’ve got maybe a 15% chance | 但是我觉得如果你辩护 |
[10:41] | of walking away from this if you fight it. | 有15%的可能脱罪 |
[10:50] | It takes balls. | 需要勇气 |
[10:55] | What does? | 什么 |
[10:55] | Confessing early. | 尽早招供 |
[10:58] | Most men can’t do it. | 大部分男人做不到 |
[11:03] | Early is the only way. | 早说是唯一的办法 |
[11:05] | Any later and… they just know you ran out of options. | 晚了 他们会知道你是别无选择 |
[11:11] | Every judge I’ve met knows | 我认识的法官 |
[11:12] | the difference between remorse and self-pity. | 都清楚懊悔和自怜的区别 |
[11:19] | Early? | 早说 |
[11:23] | Now. | 马上 |
[11:36] | 9 P.M. Thursday, June 6, 2009. | 2009年6月6日周四晚9点 |
[11:45] | I went to see for myself. | 我亲自去看的 |
[11:49] | It’s ’cause they don’t train them right, | 因为他们受的训练不好 |
[11:52] | and deep down, they don’t want to be there. | 内心深处也不想去 |
[11:57] | Execution teams are not good at finding a vein. | 行刑队不擅长找血管 |
[12:04] | Getting the needle in there can be… real hard. | 把针扎进去有时很难 |
[12:12] | The one I witnessed? | 我见的那起 |
[12:14] | Fourteen times they tried. | 他们试了14次 |
[12:18] | ‘Till eventually, they stopped trying, | 直到最终 他们不再试了 |
[12:20] | and they just stuck it in his groin. | 直接插进了他的腹股沟 |
[12:25] | And then it doesn’t work. | 但却没成功 |
[12:29] | The second drug in the triple cocktail paralyzes everything. | 三种合剂的毒药里的第二种能麻痹一切 |
[12:37] | But it doesn’t take away the pain. | 却不能镇痛 |
[12:40] | Unimaginable agony. | 那痛苦无法想象 |
[12:45] | With no way of showing it. | 而且还无法表现出来 |
[12:51] | I don’t want that for anyone. | 我不希望任何人承受那些 |
[13:09] | Wrap it up, Detective. | 结束吧 警探 |
[13:11] | His lawyer’s here. | 他的律师来了 |
[13:23] | So what’s he like? | 他什么样 |
[13:25] | – Who? – Johnny Zander. | -谁 -约翰尼·赞德 |
[13:27] | – Who? – The lawyer. | -谁 -那个律师 |
[13:31] | I don’t know him. | 我不认识他 |
[13:34] | So you do your thing in there? | 你对他用你那套了吗 |
[13:38] | My thing? | 我那套 |
[13:39] | “This hurts me as much as it hurts you. Come to Mama.” | “你痛苦我也痛苦 到妈妈这里来” |
[13:42] | Some. | 用了些 |
[13:43] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[13:45] | It’s what he didn’t say that’s gonna matter. | 他没说的才重要 |
[13:52] | Twenty years on the bench, | 做了20年法官 |
[13:55] | and you’ve heard it all, right? | 你什么都听过吧 |
[13:58] | About what human beings do to each other. | 人类对彼此做过的事 |
[14:01] | Witness testimony and photographs. | 证人证词 照片 |
[14:06] | But never the real thing. | 但从没见过现场 |
[14:18] | Double knots. | 系两个结 |
[14:22] | Tighter. | 再紧点 |
[14:46] | Get him up. | 扶他起来 |
[16:50] | He killed somebody. | 他杀了人 |
[16:51] | – It’s an allegation. – Police are saying– | -只是个指控 -警方说… |
[16:53] | The police? The police? Fucking police. | 警方 他妈的警方 |
[16:59] | You know what they do in the Quarter? | 你知道他们在法国区做什么吗 |
[17:02] | They sell NOPD T-shirts from the police station on Royal Street. | 他们在皇家路的警局卖新奥尔良警局的T恤衫 |
[17:05] | Are you kidding me? You people ran away from Katrina. | 开什么玩笑 你们这群家伙在卡特里娜飓风时跑了 |
[17:10] | And they sell T-shirts. | 他们卖T恤衫 |
[17:13] | He did it, though? | 但他真做了吧 |
[17:21] | Now I look at him… | 我看看他 |
[17:32] | …and I look at you. | 我看看你 |
[18:10] | I just remembered it’s my birthday. | 我才想起来今天是我生日 |
[18:15] | What’s funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[18:23] | We’re a long way past that. | 我们早过了那个点了 |
[18:28] | Past what? | 什么点 |
[18:31] | Irony. | 讽刺 |
[18:35] | What are you, a fucking philosopher? | 你算什么 哲学家吗 |
[18:38] | What are you, a fucking judge? | 你算什么 法官吗 |
[18:44] | I saw the money in Carlo’s bag. | 我看到卡洛包里的钱了 |
[18:46] | It was a lot, Dad. | 好多钱呢 爸爸 |
[18:50] | I’m sorry you had to see. | 很抱歉让你看到 |
[18:52] | Joey? | 乔伊呢 |
[18:56] | What was in his bag? | 他包里有什么 |
[19:10] | Carlo got into something when he was in prison. | 卡洛蹲监狱时卷进了一些事 |
[19:16] | And it’s gotten messy, | 现在情况很糟 |
[19:20] | like it always does with drugs. | 毒品的事一向麻烦 |
[19:23] | – What is wrong with him? – It doesn’t matter. | -他是怎么了 -不重要 |
[19:25] | Wh-What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:26] | Well, a father’s love for his children is unconditional. | 一个父亲对孩子的爱是无条件的 |
[19:38] | I love you, I love him. | 我爱你 我爱他 |
[19:42] | I loved Rocco. I love Rocco. | 我爱罗科 无论他生或死 |
[19:54] | Don’t go to the hotel. | 别去酒店 |
[19:56] | Stay away from the hotel. Get away from the hotel! | 别回酒店 离酒店远远的 |
[20:01] | They knew. | 他们事前就知道了 |
[20:03] | What? | 什么 |
[20:04] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[20:14] | Hey, what’s he like? | 他什么样 |
[20:16] | The lawyer. | 那个律师 |
[20:19] | Ask Lieutenant Cusack. | 问库萨克警督去吧 |
[20:21] | Cusack doesn’t know him. | 库萨克不认识他 |
[20:23] | Really? Deep conversation the two of them had when Zander got here. | 是吗 赞德到后他们聊得可欢了 |
[20:27] | No, they don’t know each other. | 不 他们不认识对方 |
[20:30] | Then it was a hell of a first date. | 那他们初次见面就打得挺火热 |
[20:33] | In front of you, this conversation? | 是在你面前聊的吗 |
[20:36] | Parking lot. | 停车场 |
[20:40] | They knew we were coming. | 他们早知道我们会来 |
[21:14] | It’s amazing what a man can do | 一个人为了活下去 |
[21:17] | with the will to survive. | 什么都可以做 |
[21:21] | That hiker who cut his own arm off. | 那个割断一只手臂的远足者 |
[21:24] | Can you imagine that? | 你能想象吗 |
[21:26] | Or hitting someone with your car… | 或者开车撞人 |
[21:31] | and leaving them bleeding to death in the road. | 然后任其倒在路边流血身亡 |
[21:34] | What does that take? | 那需要付出什么 |
[21:38] | And stealing his phone. | 还偷走他的手机 |
[21:43] | What did you do with it? | 你把他手机怎么了 |
[21:47] | It’s in the river. | 扔河里了 |
[21:52] | You were thinking clearly for someone who just killed a child. | 作为刚杀死一个小孩的人 你头脑还挺清晰 |
[21:55] | I wasn’t thinking, it was panic. I-I… | 我没有思考 我惊慌失措了 |
[21:59] | Rocco crossed over into my lane. | 罗科开到我那条车道上去了 |
[22:01] | Why didn’t you turn yourself in? | 你为什么没自首 |
[22:04] | I wanted to. | 我是想 |
[22:06] | – I was there t– – Where? | -我还去了… -哪儿 |
[22:08] | At the… at the police station. | 警察局 |
[22:10] | I went there to do just that, and-and… | 我去了警察局准备自首 然后… |
[22:16] | Then I saw you with your wife. | 我看到了你们夫妻俩 |
[22:24] | Did he say anything? | 他有说什么吗 |
[22:27] | Before he died? | 在他死前 |
[22:32] | He couldn’t. He-he couldn’t breathe. | 他说不了 他无法呼吸 |
[22:36] | Was he trying to speak? | 他有在尝试说话吗 |
[22:39] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[22:41] | Did he think you were helping him? | 他觉得你当时是在帮他吗 |
[22:42] | I was helping. I did help him. | 我是在帮他 我也帮了他 |
[22:44] | – I did everything that I could. – He called 911. | -我尽我所能帮他了 -他报了警 |
[22:46] | You took his phone from him. | 你从他手中拿走了手机 |
[22:48] | You threw it in the river. | 扔进了河里 |
[22:51] | “Help”? | 帮他 |
[22:53] | “Help”? | 帮他 |
[22:56] | Is that what you call that? | 你这叫帮了他 |
[23:00] | Anyone who… | 但凡是… |
[23:02] | What kind of a human being is that? | 那是人做的事吗 |
[23:14] | You have a son. | 你有个儿子 |
[23:21] | – Yes. – How old? | -嗯 -多大 |
[23:25] | Adam… Adam is 17. | 亚当 十七岁 |
[23:30] | Does he love you? | 他爱你吗 |
[23:34] | – Yes. – Respect you? | -嗯 -尊重你吗 |
[23:37] | Yes, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[23:38] | Have you told him what kind of a man his father really is? | 你有告诉他 你这个父亲的真正为人吗 |
[23:48] | No, I haven’t said that. | 我没有 |
[24:02] | Have you told your children what kind of man you really are? | 你有告诉你孩子 你是什么为人吗 |
[24:09] | Have you told them | 你有告诉他们 |
[24:11] | about the gas leak on Flood Street in the Lower 9th? | 下九区福拉德街发生的煤气泄漏吗 |
[24:16] | The one that killed three small children and their mother. | 那起害死了三个小孩和他们母亲的事故 |
[24:19] | Have you told them that? | 你跟他们说过吗 |
[24:21] | Have you told them the ages of those children? Their names? | 你有告诉他们那几个小孩的年龄和姓名吗 |
[24:31] | You know what losing a child gives you? | 你知道丧子会带给你什么吗 |
[24:36] | Terrible, visceral pain. | 糟糕透顶 钻心刺骨的疼痛 |
[24:41] | An overwhelming sense of failure. | 莫大的失败感 |
[24:46] | And then there’s the… the surprising one. | 但还有出人意料的 |
[24:53] | It’s a kind of freedom. | 一种自由感 |
[24:58] | Nothing matters. | 一切都不再重要 |
[25:03] | Not ever again. | 再也不重要 |
[25:05] | So you’re capable of anything. | 因此你什么事都干得出来 |
[25:12] | Anything. | 无所不能 |
[25:16] | If you don’t come through for Carlo, | 你要是没帮卡洛渡过难关 |
[25:20] | it would be the easiest thing in the world | 那我就会毫不费力地 |
[25:23] | to cut your hard fucking heart out | 把你的心给挖出来 |
[25:27] | and feed it to the river. | 扔河里喂鱼 |
[27:31] | Dad? | 爸 |
[27:32] | Yeah. | 我在 |
[27:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗呢 |
[27:40] | Dad. Hey, what happened to your face? | 爸 你脸上怎么回事 |
[27:46] | Dad? | 爸 |
[27:47] | You want to kiss it better? | 你亲一下就好了 |
[27:49] | – What? – You don’t remember that? | -什么 -你忘了吗 |
[27:52] | You remember that time we went to the zoo? | 还记得我们那次去动物园 |
[27:54] | Maybe you don’t. | 可能你真忘了 |
[27:55] | I mean, you were only, what, five or six? | 毕竟你才五六岁 |
[27:58] | Anyway, there was this-this mangy old camel, | 总之 园里有一头患疥癣的老骆驼 |
[28:02] | and it had a-a bandage around its leg and-and you said, | 腿上缠着绷带 你说 |
[28:06] | “Kiss it better, Daddy?” | “亲一下就会好了 爸爸” |
[28:10] | I mean, you got so angry and frustrated | 当我没进去圈养地 |
[28:13] | when I didn’t climb into the enclosure and kiss a camel. | 吻骆驼时 你又生气又沮丧 |
[28:20] | The father who can fix everything. | 能搞定一切的父亲 |
[28:24] | Uh, if there hadn’t been people around, | 如果周围没人 |
[28:26] | I even think I might have done it. | 我可能真这么做了 |
[28:33] | I… But how did you hurt your face? | 我…但你的脸是怎么伤的 |
[28:37] | Just playing with Django. | 只是和姜戈闹着玩 |
[28:40] | Caught a paw. | 被它抓伤了 |
[28:49] | Wrestling? | 摔跤吗 |
[28:55] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:00] | Oh, hey, Django, what are you doing? | 姜戈 你在干什么 |
[29:03] | What? | 怎么了 |
[29:04] | Django, what are you doing? | 姜戈 你在干什么 |
[29:09] | Oh, Jesus. | 天呐 |
[29:17] | – Get away from there. – Hey, what’s this? | -离开那里 -这是什么 |
[29:21] | Oh, the, um… | 就是 |
[29:25] | Uh, the butcher, he, uh, he… | 卖肉的屠夫 他 |
[29:27] | he saves offcuts for-for Django. | 他会留边角料给姜戈 |
[29:30] | – Come on, Django. Get away. – Eh, what is it? | -走开 姜戈 离开这里 -这是什么 |
[29:35] | It’s offal. | 是内脏 |
[29:38] | – What’s offal? – Oh, it’s… | -什么是内脏 -就是… |
[29:39] | the parts that we-we just don’t eat. | 我们不吃的部分 |
[29:42] | – Like heart? – Yeah. | -比如心脏吗 -对 |
[29:46] | It doesn’t look like a heart. | 这看起来不像心脏 |
[29:47] | Really, I don’t know what it is, I-I don’t ask. | 真的 我不知道那是什么 我没问 |
[29:50] | He just gives it to us, so… | 他就都给我们了 所以 |
[29:53] | Okay, I mean, well, what’s white? | 好吧 那白色的是什么 |
[29:57] | The… brain? | 大脑吗 |
[30:00] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[30:01] | Uh, sheep or pig? | 羊还是猪 |
[30:03] | Wh– Uh… | 什么 |
[30:09] | Did you know that it was Carlo Baxter | 你知道是卡洛·巴克斯特 |
[30:11] | who killed Kofi Jones? | 杀了科菲·琼斯吗 |
[30:16] | Yes, I did. Um… | 嗯 我知道 |
[30:18] | The warrant for his arrest, t-that was me. | 他的逮捕令 就是我批的 |
[30:23] | How did you find out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:25] | It’s out there. Wh…? | 都在传 |
[30:28] | Social media, Dad. | 社交媒体上 爸爸 |
[30:31] | W-When did you find that out? Was… | 你什么时候知道的 是… |
[30:34] | All right, look, look, | 好吧 听着 |
[30:35] | that’s Judge LeBlanc calling. | 那是勒布朗法官的电话 |
[30:37] | I need to take a quick shower, | 我要洗个澡 |
[30:38] | but tell her I’m on my way, okay? | 但跟她说我马上去 好吗 |
[30:40] | And tell her the reason why. | 也告诉她原因 |
[30:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:51] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:53] | Yeah, uh, no, he was, uh, playing with Django | 对 他之前跟姜戈闹着玩 |
[30:55] | and Django’s paw caught his face. | 然后姜戈把他的脸抓伤了 |
[30:58] | Uh, yeah, no, no. He’s-he’s fine, he’s, uh, he’s on his way. | 对 不不 他没事 他已经在路上了 |
[31:02] | We’re a week away from the enforced release | 还有一周就要强制释放 |
[31:04] | of 16 murderers and nine rapists because we can’t find | 我们没时间安排上庭的16个凶手 |
[31:06] | the court time to put them on trial. | 和9个强奸犯 |
[31:09] | This is about not having proper funding | 那是因为法院系统 |
[31:11] | – in the court system. – No, no, no. | -没有足够资金 -不不不 |
[31:12] | Fox News says it’s actually about 25 Willie Hortons | 福克斯新闻说其实是25个杀人犯 |
[31:15] | coming out of jail next week to hang out on Bourbon Street. | 下周就要出狱去波旁街上溜达了 |
[31:18] | Or how the slowest judge in New Orleans | 新奥尔良效率最低的法官 |
[31:21] | is gonna get your daughter raped or your son murdered. | 就要害大家的女儿被强奸 儿子被杀害 |
[31:24] | That’s you, Michael. You are the problem. | 说的就是你 迈克尔 你才是问题所在 |
[31:27] | Fox is asking for a picture of you. | 福克斯要一张你的照片 |
[31:29] | They want one of you smiling. Do you have one of those? | 微笑的照片 你有吗 |
[31:33] | Not lately. | 没有最近的 |
[31:38] | I’ve never done anything like this before. It just, it just… | 我之前从没干过这种事 这… |
[31:41] | it breaks all the rules. | 破坏了所有规矩 |
[31:45] | But I love you, so… | 但我爱你 所以 |
[31:52] | …I asked Molly to give you the Carlo Baxter arraignment. | 我叫茉莉让你负责卡洛·巴克斯特的提审 |
[31:57] | I thought maybe you could show everybody | 我想如此一来你或许能让大家看到 |
[31:58] | the size of your balls. | 你的胆识 |
[31:59] | Otherwise known as standing up to, | 看到你与罪犯做斗争 |
[32:02] | not up for, criminals. | 而不是维护他们 |
[32:42] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[32:43] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[32:44] | Court is in session. | 开庭 |
[32:50] | Mr. Zander, is your client ready | 赞德先生 你的当事人这次 |
[32:53] | to enter a plea at this time? | 准备提出抗辩了吗 |
[32:55] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[32:57] | Very well. Carlo Baxter, | 很好 卡洛·巴克斯特 |
[33:01] | to the count of murder in the first degree, | 针对一级谋杀罪的指控 |
[33:03] | how do you plead? | 你怎么抗辩 |
[33:04] | – Not guilty. – All right. | -无罪 -好的 |
[33:07] | Your Honor, I’d like to request that bail be set. | 法官大人 我请求设定保释金额 |
[33:10] | Ms. McKee? | 麦基女士 |
[33:12] | This is a death penalty case. | 这是死刑案件 |
[33:14] | Mr. Baxter is a violent criminal. | 巴克斯特是个暴力罪犯 |
[33:18] | Ms. McKee, you’re addressing me, | 麦基女士 你是在跟我说话 |
[33:21] | not the National Enquirer. | 不是跟《国民询问报》 |
[33:23] | Sorry. I’ll start again. | 抱歉 我重说 |
[33:27] | This is a death penalty case. Mr. Baxter’s a violent criminal. | 这是死刑案件 巴克斯特是个暴力罪犯 |
[33:32] | How about being a little more specific | 不如你仔细说说 |
[33:34] | on your objections to bail? | 反对保释的原因 |
[33:36] | Fuck you. Fuck you up the ass. | 去你妈 去你妈逼 |
[33:42] | Mr. Baxter’s response to being Mirandized. | 这是巴克斯特受到米兰达警告时的反应 |
[33:46] | It’s a way better articulation about his attitude | 我想不出比这个更好的 |
[33:49] | to being held in custody than anything I can come up with. | 描述他被关押时态度的词汇了 |
[33:52] | He’s about as near to the perfect definition | 他是矮子毒枭古兹曼被捕之后 |
[33:54] | of a flight risk since El Chapo got cuffed. | 最有潜逃风险的人 |
[34:04] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[34:05] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[34:12] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[34:13] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[34:18] | You know, I think it’s good to get your feelings out, | 我认为表达自己的感受是好事 |
[34:20] | Mr. Baxter… man-to-man and everything, | 巴克斯特先生 坦白直率 |
[34:25] | but if you do it again, I will have you arrested | 但如果你再这样 我就以藐视法庭 |
[34:28] | for contempt of court. | 逮捕你 |
[34:30] | Do you understand me? | 你听明白了吗 |
[34:37] | Do you understand me, | 你听明白了吗 |
[34:40] | Mr. Baxter? | 巴克斯特先生 |
[35:51] | What the fuck? | 你什么意思 |
[35:52] | I have to make this look legit. | 我得让事情看起来合乎常理 |
[35:54] | What the fuck?! | 你什么意思 |
[36:00] | Come on. | 咱们走 |
[36:01] | Why do you think I told you to go fuck yourself, hmm? | 你觉得我为什么说去你妈的 |
[36:05] | I hate you, you hate me, it’s beautiful. | 我讨厌你 你讨厌我 很好 |
[36:07] | No one is going to question my integrity | 如果要我审这个案子 就不能让任何人 |
[36:11] | if I get this trial. | 质疑我的公正 |
[36:12] | – If? If? – I meant when I get this trial. | -如果 如果 -我是说等我审的时候 |
[36:14] | When… I get it. | 我审的时候 |
[36:17] | It’s okay. It-It’s all right. | 没关系 没事了 |
[36:19] | We’re-we’re-we’re fine now. | 我们现在没事了 |
[36:21] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[36:54] | We doing drop-ins now? | 我们现在都不用预约了吗 |
[36:57] | Baxters don’t deal heroin. | 巴克斯特家不做海洛因生意 |
[37:00] | Some Baxters do. | 某些巴克斯特就做 |
[37:04] | You know Carlo got arrested. | 你知道卡洛被捕了 |
[37:08] | You the new delivery man now? | 你是新的送货的 |
[37:12] | The drugs are gone. | 毒品没了 |
[37:13] | See, now, that’s not gonna work. | 这样可不行 |
[37:16] | They bought and paid for. | 钱都给了 |
[37:19] | I gave your son 150 large. | 我给了你儿子15万 |
[37:21] | It’s in an evidence locker at the police station, | 钱和毒品都在警察局的证据箱里 |
[37:23] | together with the heroin; you want it, go get it. | 如果你想要 自己去拿 |
[37:29] | I’m gonna be made whole, | 必须补偿我 |
[37:32] | either by you or Carlo. | 要么你补偿 要么卡洛 |
[37:36] | Do you speak for your son, or is he his own boss? | 你现在是替你儿子说话 还是他自立门户了 |
[37:42] | The 150, that’s on you. | 15万 那是你自己的事 |
[37:46] | As for Carlo… | 至于卡洛 |
[37:52] | …he’s my only son. | 我就他这一个儿子了 |
[37:58] | You understand me? | 你明白我的意思了吧 |
[38:12] | Looks like you and me | 看来这事 |
[38:14] | ain’t in the problem solving business today. | 咱俩今天解决不了 |
[38:44] | They robbing us. | 他们这是抢劫 |
[38:47] | That there? The bold walk-in? | 刚才那出 大摇大摆闯进来 |
[38:50] | Bullshit show of strength | 就他妈在那摆谱 |
[38:52] | hiding weak as all fuck underneath. | 掩饰弱点 |
[38:55] | Family split like that, all we need is a lever | 家族分裂成那德性 只要一根杠杆 |
[38:57] | to break it open. | 就能撬开 |
[38:59] | As far as Carlo’s concerned, | 至于卡洛的事 |
[39:01] | nothing changes; I’ll deal with him. | 维持原计划 我来对付他 |
[39:04] | That’s how we fuck with his daddy. | 我们就这么搞他老爹 |
[39:11] | Something to say, little man? | 有意见吗 小伙子 |
[39:20] | Get word into OPP. | 传话给奥尔良牧区监狱 |
[39:22] | Let’s make sure his son know | 一定要让他儿子知道 |
[39:23] | he ain’t hiding from us in there. | 他去那里也躲不过我们 |
[39:47] | I didn’t get it, did I? | 我没拿到吧 |
[39:51] | Sarah LeBlanc will be trying Carlo Baxter. | 由莎拉·勒布朗审卡洛·巴克斯特的案子 |
[40:00] | She’ll do a great job. | 她会审得很公正的 |
[40:10] | It’s random, | 法官的选择 |
[40:11] | the selection of judges. | 是随机的 |
[40:15] | That’s just the way it works. | 规矩就是这样的 |
[40:18] | You know what I hate? | 你知道我讨厌什么吗 |
[40:23] | Atlanta. | 亚特兰大 |
[40:26] | Peaches, peach trees, Peachtree Street. | 桃子 桃子树 桃子树街道 |
[40:30] | I hate Atlanta. | 我讨厌亚特兰大 |
[40:33] | But nothing as much as I hate people | 但我最讨厌的 |
[40:34] | who break their promises. | 是不守信用的人 |
[40:40] | Do you know how hard this has been on me? | 你知道这对我来说多难吗 |
[40:44] | Every principle that I have ever… | 我坚守的每一项原则 |
[40:46] | When you left my son dying on the side of the road, | 当你把我儿子留在街边等死的时候 |
[40:48] | you lost that. | 你就不讲你的原则了 |
[40:50] | Principle?! | 原则 |
[40:54] | No. | 不 |
[40:58] | – I can still make this work. – How? | -我还是可以做到的 -怎么做 |
[41:02] | You’re out of time. Give me the answer | 你没时间了 现在就 |
[41:04] | to my question now. | 给我答案 |
[41:06] | Desire will kill him. | 欲念帮会杀了他 |
[41:08] | If Carlo goes down for this, he’ll never come out, | 如果卡洛因此坐牢 他就出不来了 |
[41:11] | and then you’ll have two… | 你就会有两个 |
[41:15] | You’ll have two dead sons. | 你的两个儿子就都死了 |
[41:20] | You need me. | 你需要我 |
[41:21] | You can’t do this without me. | 没我你做不到 |
[41:25] | Your-your wife, your daughter… | 你 你的妻子 你的女儿 |
[41:28] | That’s why I asked for how. | 所以我问你怎么做 |
[41:35] | Do you have how? | 你知道要怎么做吗 |
[41:43] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[41:58] | Where were you? | 你之前去哪了 |
[41:59] | When? | 什么时候 |
[42:03] | The breakfast meeting you set up this morning | 你预定在今天的早餐会 |
[42:06] | with, uh, our client who brought us in | 和去年给我们带来了 |
[42:09] | over $3.5 million dollars | 350万收入的 |
[42:10] | of billable hours last year? | 大客户 |
[42:11] | Oh, my God, that was this morning. | 天呐 是今天早上 |
[42:13] | Yeah. This morning. So? | 是的 今天早上 所以 |
[42:18] | There was an arraignment I had to see. | 我必须要旁听一个起诉 |
[42:20] | Had to? | 必须 |
[42:23] | I thought I told you | 我以为我告诉你了 |
[42:25] | to drop your Carlo Baxter obsession. | 别再纠缠卡洛·巴克斯特了 |
[42:28] | Yeah, well, I got him charged with murder instead. | 是的 我让他因为谋杀被起诉了 |
[42:30] | We don’t do crime, Lee. | 我们不做刑事辩护 李 |
[42:32] | You don’t do crime. | 你也不做刑事案件 |
[42:34] | He killed one of our clients. | 他杀了我们的客户 |
[42:37] | I think you’re… you’re confused, Lee. | 我觉得你 我觉得你搞错了 李 |
[42:40] | At no point did our firm represent Kofi Jones | 我们所从不曾代理科菲·琼斯 |
[42:45] | or his family. We do, however, | 或者他的家属 我们 |
[42:47] | represent the Orleans Parish Prison. | 是代理新奥尔良教区监狱的 |
[42:49] | Which is why– | 这就是为什么 |
[42:51] | Which is why I told you to leave this alone. | 为什么我告诉你不要管了 |
[42:55] | Look away when a kid is murdered in an institution | 对一个孩子死在监狱视而不见吗 |
[42:59] | whose first job is supposed to be keeping the vulnerable safe? | 监狱本来难道不应该是让弱者更安全吗 |
[43:03] | Keep looking away when that same institution | 当这个监狱对调查凶手毫不作为 |
[43:05] | does absolutely nothing to figure out who killed him? | 还要继续视而不见吗 |
[43:08] | We’re lawyers, Lee. | 我们是律师 李 |
[43:10] | We speak for those people who pay us to speak. | 我们发声 也是为那些付钱让我们说话的人 |
[43:13] | In this case, it’s the OPP. | 在这个案子里 就是新奥尔良教区监狱 |
[43:16] | Kofi was a child. | 科菲是个孩子 |
[43:18] | His brother is a child. | 他的弟弟也是个孩子 |
[43:20] | I can’t just let this be. | 我不能坐视不管 |
[43:24] | Hmm. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[43:27] | You mean every word of that. | 你刚才说的都是认真的对吧 |
[43:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:37] | Which is why I’m letting you go, Lee. | 所以我要让你走了 |
[43:43] | You’re firing me? | 你要解雇我 |
[43:46] | – You left already. – What is this, | -你已经自己离开了 -这算什么 |
[43:48] | constructive dismissal? | 推定解雇 |
[43:50] | Am I firing myself? | 逼我辞职吗 |
[43:52] | Lee, you look me in the eye, and you convince me | 李 当你能看着我的眼睛告诉我 说服我 |
[43:55] | that you’ll put all your energy and passion | 你能把你用在你的 |
[43:57] | you have been putting into working for your | 下九区孤儿案上的能量和激情 |
[43:59] | Lower Nine orphan into fighting for the tax interests | 用在你今天早上忘了会面的客户身上 |
[44:02] | of those people that you forgot to have breakfast with | 为他们的税收利益奋斗 |
[44:05] | this morning… | 那 |
[44:07] | then you can stay. | 你就能留下 |
[44:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:41] | Michael? Oh. | 迈克尔 |
[44:44] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[44:46] | Well, this is what we used to do, by the way. Robin and I? | 这就是我们经常做的 罗宾和我 |
[44:49] | We used to come, sit side by side in this very bar | 我们过去常常来 就并排坐在这 |
[44:52] | and we would just make our way through | 然后我们就把顶层架子上最好的 |
[44:55] | the best top-shelf single malts. | 单一麦芽威士忌喝个遍 |
[44:58] | Yep. On your birthday. | 是啊 你生日的时候 |
[44:59] | Yeah, yeah– Yes. | 是 是的 |
[45:02] | I forgot, it is my birthday. | 我忘了 今天就是我生日 |
[45:05] | I keep forgetting. | 我总忘 |
[45:18] | Oh, that’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[45:22] | No, you know what? It’s actually not just my birthday. | 你知道吗 其实今天不只是我生日 |
[45:25] | It’s both of our birthday. We were born on the same day. | 是我们的生日 我和罗宾 |
[45:30] | Robin and I– well, five years apart, but still. | 我们一天生日 差五年 但是一天 |
[45:37] | You knew that, right? Did I tell you– | 你知道的对吧 我跟你说过吧 |
[45:39] | I didn’t tell you that? | 我没有跟你说过 |
[45:42] | I was going to talk about that in the eulogy, | 我本打算在悼词里讲这个故事 |
[45:46] | but then I-I didn’t think | 但我又 |
[45:47] | I would be able to get through it. | 怕自己没法讲完 |
[45:51] | Could I have two more? | 能再来两杯吗 |
[45:53] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[45:56] | I mean, Sarah, it’s-it’s only been a year, | 我是说 莎拉 只过去了一年 |
[46:01] | and it-it… | 它 它 |
[46:03] | it-it feels… | 感觉像是… |
[46:05] | I mean, does it seem to you that it… | 你觉得那… |
[46:10] | it’s a betrayal? | 那是背叛吗 |
[46:13] | Does she make you happy? | 你和她一起开心吗 |
[46:16] | Lee? | 李 |
[46:19] | Yes. | 开心 |
[46:23] | Then there’s your answer. | 那这就是你的答案 |
[46:32] | I’m out. | 我走了 |
[46:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[46:40] | 华盛顿 杂志社 | |
[47:04] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[47:07] | I’m cooking you dinner. | 我要给你做晚饭 |
[47:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[47:12] | Nice. | 太好了 |
[47:15] | This is not the way to… | 这条路不是去… |
[47:18] | At your house. | 去你家 |
[47:27] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了吗 |
[47:29] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[47:33] | Yeah? That’s all? Yeah? Yeah. | 就一个嗯字吗 |
[47:36] | You’re not gonna tell me? | 你不打算告诉我吗 |
[47:39] | Not yet. | 还不能说 |
[47:47] | Well, I have something I want to say to you, too. | 我也有事想和你说 |
[47:54] | What? | 什么事 |
[47:57] | Michael, what? | 迈克尔 什么事 |
[48:02] | Maybe it’s the same thing. | 也许是同一件事 |
[48:21] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[48:40] | This your car, ma’am? | 这是你的车吗 女士 |
[48:42] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[48:44] | Simple question, ma’am. | 这是个简单的问题 女士 |
[48:45] | I’m white– you asking the same thing? | 如果我是白人 你还会问这个问题吗 |
[48:50] | Fifteen seconds in, | 才十五秒 |
[48:52] | there it is, she pulls the race card. | 她就拿种族歧视来说事了 |
[48:56] | I’m a judge– are you asking the same thing? | 我是法官 你还会问我这个问题吗 |
[49:03] | You been drinking, ma’am? | 你喝酒了吗 女士 |
[49:08] | It’s either that or the car’s been drinking. | 不是你 就是车喝酒了 |
[49:10] | Somebody put a daiquiri in the gas tank? | 有人给油箱倒了鸡尾酒吗 |
[49:12] | World-class potholes, | 世界级的路面坑洼 |
[49:14] | every car in New Orleans looks drunk. | 新奥尔良的每一辆车开起来都像喝醉酒似的 |
[49:16] | The only question is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[49:17] | who do you choose to stop using your white man’s discretion? | 用你作为白人的判断力 你会选择拦下谁 |
[49:21] | Hands on the wheel. | 双手放在方向盘上 |
[49:22] | I told you, I’m a judge. | 我和你说了 我是法官 |
[49:25] | If you think I’m actually gonna try to pull a weapon… | 如果你认为我会想要掏枪… |
[49:28] | – Really, you are– – Hands on the wheel now. | -那你真的是… -双手放在方向盘上 |
[49:30] | You know what? Fuck you. Fuck the both of you. | 去死吧你 你们俩都去死吧 |
[49:32] | Hands on the fucking wheel. | 双手立刻放在方向盘上 |
[50:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[50:18] | Lee? | 李 |
[50:20] | The light’s green. | 现在是绿灯 |
[50:38] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[50:40] | – Happy birthday. – Happy birthday. | -生日快乐 -生日快乐 |
[50:50] | *Happy birthday to you * | * 祝你生日快乐 * |
[50:55] | *Happy birthday to you * | * 祝你生日快乐 * |
[50:59] | *Happy birthday * | * 生日快乐 * |
[51:01] | *Dear Michael * | * 亲爱的迈克尔 * |
[51:05] | *Happy birthday to you * | * 生日快乐 * |
[51:15] | Our birthday boy has a problem. | 我们的寿星有个问题 |
[51:17] | He doesn’t like it | 他不喜欢 |
[51:18] | when people say nice things about him in public. | 有人当众称赞他 |
[51:21] | I’ve known Michael Desiato nearly all my life, | 我认识迈克尔·德夏托差不多一辈子了 |
[51:25] | a life I wouldn’t have had | 如果不是因为他 |
[51:27] | were it not for him pulling me out of Lake Pontchartrain. | 把我从庞恰特雷恩湖救起来 我早就不在了 |
[51:30] | Age six, damn near drowned. | 六岁的时候差点溺死 |
[51:32] | Then having the presence of mind | 然后他沉着冷静地 |
[51:34] | to turn me upside down by my ankles | 抓着我的脚踝把我倒挂金钟 |
[51:38] | and shake all the lake water in my skinny-ass lungs | 当场把水从我瘦骨如柴的肺里 |
[51:40] | right out of there. | 抖了出来 |
[51:42] | Michael Desiato always backs himself to make things right. | 迈克尔·德夏托一直致力于伸张正义 |
[51:48] | Grace under pressure? | 压力下仍然从容 |
[51:50] | Look at him. He got it. | 看看他 他有的 |
[51:52] | Calm decisions in the heat of action? Yeah. | 在最激烈的状况下做出冷静的抉择 他可以 |
[51:56] | I’ve been proud to stand next to this man through his life. | 我一直很自豪能站在他身边 陪着他一生 |
[52:00] | I’m privileged to call him my friend, | 我很荣幸能称他为朋友 |
[52:02] | and for his integrity, his dignity | 感谢他的正直和尊严 |
[52:06] | and for being just about good enough | 还有他作为白人 |
[52:07] | for a white man on the basketball court | 球技尚可 |
[52:10] | to make it a real satisfaction to whup his ass every time… | 让我每次打败他时都倍感满足 |
[52:14] | Michael Desiato will always have my vote. | 我永远都会投迈克尔·德夏托一票 |
[52:25] | All right, Michael. | 好 迈克尔 |
[52:42] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[52:47] | To an honorable man. | 敬这位磊落的人 |
[52:55] | What happened, buddy? | 怎么了 哥们 |
[52:57] | What’s wrong with Django? | 姜戈怎么了 |