时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Hey, Murdoch. | 默多克 |
[00:24] | What’s the matter, boy? | 怎么啦 小子 |
[00:27] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[00:30] | Hey, shh… | 嘘… |
[00:34] | It’s okay, there’s nothing out there. | 没事 什么也没有 |
[00:38] | Hey, Dock. | 多克 |
[00:39] | Come on, hey, quit your whimpering, eh? | 好啦 别闹 |
[00:42] | Let’s get back to camp. | 我们回营地去吧 |
[00:43] | Come on. Come on, Dock. | 走吧 多克 |
[00:44] | Hey, Dock, come on. | 多克 走吧 |
[00:45] | For centuries, mankind has been the dominant species. | 几个世纪以来 人类都是优势物种 |
[00:49] | We’ve domesticated animals, | 我们驯养动物 |
[00:51] | locked them up, killed them for sport. | 圈养 甚至屠杀取乐 |
[00:55] | But what if, all across the globe, | 但如果全世界的所有动物一致决定 |
[00:58] | the animals decided, “No more”? | “不再这样下去” 会如何 |
[01:00] | What if they finally decided to fight back? | 如果它们决定要反抗又会如何 |
[01:15] | Get ready to have a good day. | 准备好迎接精彩的一天吧 |
[01:25] | Five accepted mass extinction events. | 五种生物集群灭绝事件 |
[01:27] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[01:28] | Did he say you could look at that? | 他说了你能看这个吗 |
[01:30] | No. | 没 |
[01:30] | He’s out cold with a hangover. | 他宿醉 在外边儿乘凉 |
[01:32] | Go and get the trucks ready. | 去把车准备好 |
[01:35] | Rise and shine, Jackson. | 起床吧 杰克逊 |
[01:37] | We have a dozen impatient Swedes | 一群不耐烦的瑞典人 |
[01:39] | waiting for us to show them the rhino. | 正等着我们带他们看犀牛呢 |
[01:42] | Go away. | 走开 |
[01:44] | The dinosaurs sensed the impending devastation. | 恐龙觉察到了毁灭的到来 |
[01:49] | You’re not going away, are you? | 你就是非要烦我是吧 |
[01:55] | Major biotic crises– | 主要的生物危机有 |
[01:57] | volcanic, glacial, oceanic. | 火山喷发 冰川融化 海洋变化 |
[02:00] | Global de-evolution, extinction events. | 全球退化 灭绝事件 |
[02:03] | Catastrophic. | 大灾难 |
[02:04] | Devastating. | 都是毁灭性的 |
[02:05] | What if, prior to any of these events, | 如果灾难到来之前 |
[02:09] | the animals knew what was coming? | 动物早已知道呢 |
[02:11] | Though we may be too ignorant, | 但我们可能太无知 |
[02:13] | too unwilling to recognize it, | 也不愿去辨知 |
[02:16] | we can even ignore the… the defiant pupil. | 我们甚至无视那…挑衅的瞳孔 |
[02:20] | Denial is… | 而拒绝… |
[02:23] | What does your father mean, Jackson? | 你父亲说的是什么意思 杰克逊 |
[02:25] | I’m confused. | 我听不懂 |
[02:26] | Of course you are, little man. | 这是当然的 小兄弟 |
[02:29] | It’s gibberish. | 那都是胡言乱语 |
[02:30] | What does he mean when he says | 他说什么”挑衅的瞳孔” |
[02:32] | “The defiant pupil”? | 这什么意思 |
[02:34] | I don’t know. He was a professor. | 我不知道 他之前是教授 |
[02:36] | He had a student who wouldn’t listen. | 有个不听话的学生吧 |
[02:38] | Defiant, like you, Daniel. | 挑衅啊 和你一样 丹尼尔 |
[02:40] | Now, go see to the trucks and put the radio parts on the plane. | 去把车准备好 把无线电零件放飞机上去 |
[02:44] | We’ll bring them out to Simon this afternoon. | 我们下午就把东西送去给西蒙 |
[02:46] | – Radio parts? – The radio at Simon’s camp is on the blink. | -无线电零件 -西蒙营地的无线电坏了 |
[02:49] | I thought we could fly out there and help them fix it. | 我想着可以飞过去帮他们修一下 |
[02:52] | I haven’t been able to reach him for two days. | 我已经两天联系不到他了 |
[02:56] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[02:57] | A potion. | 药水 |
[02:58] | To help | 能帮你 |
[03:00] | remedy the effects of drinking with the Swedes. | 缓解和瑞典人喝酒的后遗症 |
[03:04] | Come on. Don’t be such a coward. | 快喝 别这么软蛋 |
[03:05] | It’s just lemon, nutmeg, | 里面只是柠檬啦 肉豆蔻 |
[03:07] | grape seed oil, herbs. | 葡萄籽油 草药什么的 |
[03:10] | And two heaping tablespoons of baboon dung. | 还有两大勺狒狒屎 |
[03:25] | This delta is an actual oasis in an arid climate. | 这个三角洲是干旱地带真正的绿洲 |
[03:28] | There have been over 70 species of fish | 这个三角洲里生活着 |
[03:31] | that have been catalogued to live in this delta. | 70种已知鱼类 |
[03:34] | Now, the thing to remember about the black rhino, | 好 看黑犀牛要注意的是 |
[03:37] | which is why they’re tricky to find, | 这也是它们很难被发现的原因 |
[03:39] | is that they live in transitional habitats. | 它们生活在过渡栖息地里 |
[04:17] | What the hell’d you do that for?! | 你搞什么鬼 |
[04:18] | We are opposed to animal murder in this zip code. | 我们反对在这里猎杀动物 |
[04:21] | I have a valid license to hunt that rhino. | 我有许可证 可以狩猎犀牛 |
[04:23] | Well, just because it’s legal doesn’t make it right. | 合法并不代表这是正确的 |
[04:25] | Are you kidding me? | 你搞笑么 |
[04:26] | I paid 200 grand for that license. | 我花了二十万买的证 |
[04:28] | Well, I paid nine dollars for this hat. | 我花九块买了这顶帽子 |
[04:30] | Seems like we both got ripped off. | 我们好像都被宰了啊 |
[04:32] | We have a problem here? | 有问题吗 |
[04:34] | N-No problem, Rafiki. | 没 没问题 拉菲奇 |
[04:35] | What do you mean “No problem”? | 什么没问题 |
[04:37] | Trust me, Mr. Weber. There is no problem. | 相信我 韦伯先生 真的没问题 |
[04:45] | Enjoy the beautiful day. | 好好享受吧 |
[04:58] | She really said she wants an open relationship? | 她真的说要开放式关系吗 |
[05:01] | – Yeah, she did. – That is kind of awesome, no? | -真的 -太赞了不是吗 |
[05:04] | Uh… sure. | 是啊 |
[05:06] | Until you factor in the secondary component. | 考虑到另一个条件就不是了 |
[05:09] | – Which is? – So can she. | -什么 -她也可以 |
[05:10] | So can she what? | 她也可以什么 |
[05:11] | Sleep with anybody she wants to. | 想和谁上床就和谁上床 |
[05:14] | – And I can’t get mad. Really? | -而我不能有意见 -真的吗 |
[05:16] | Really. | 真的 |
[05:18] | Can I have her cell phone number? | 我能要她的电话吗 |
[05:21] | I got to be honest, | 说实话 |
[05:23] | the moment she said that, | 她说这话的时候 |
[05:24] | I lost all interest in other women. | 我对其他女人都失去了兴趣 |
[05:28] | It’s like when you’re a kid and your ma says | 就像你还是小孩子的时候 你妈说 |
[05:30] | you can have all the French fries you want. | 薯条随便吃 |
[05:35] | Then suddenly you don’t want French fries. | 然后突然间你就对薯条失去了兴趣 |
[05:44] | You know what I mean, dude? | 你知道我的意思吗 |
[06:21] | Three dead and five others wounded | 两只狮子逃出天使之城动物园 |
[06:24] | as a pair of lions escaped City of Angels Zoo | 咬死三人 咬伤五人 |
[06:27] | and made their way | 接着它们 |
[06:27] | into the crowded Mid-Wilshire section of Hollywood, | 还进入了好莱坞威尔希尔区的人群中 |
[06:30] | where they killed two more men in an alley. | 在小巷中咬死另外两人 |
[06:32] | It took LAPD and Animal Control Services till nearly sunrise | 洛杉矶警局以及动物控制服务中心直到凌晨 |
[06:36] | to take them down. | 才将它们制服 |
[06:37] | Yes, I understand. You said that. | 是 我明白 你说过了 |
[06:39] | And please tell Mr. Fremer | 请告诉福莱莫先生 |
[06:40] | that I do not accept that explanation. | 我不接受这个解释 |
[06:43] | Why? Well, for one thing, | 为什么 第一 |
[06:44] | those lions behaved entirely out of character. | 那些狮子行为怪异 |
[06:47] | They escaped the zoo by killing their trainer, | 它们咬死了驯兽师逃出动物园 |
[06:49] | a trainer who had been with them for years, | 驯兽师已经驯了它们好几年了 |
[06:51] | since they were cubs. | 从幼崽时期就开始养 |
[06:52] | They’ve had a regular routine for all of that time, | 在此期间它们所有的生活都是有规律的 |
[06:54] | until eight months ago when the zoo began feeding its animals | 直到八个月之前 动物园开始给它们吃 |
[06:57] | – with food from Reiden Global. – Campbell. | -雷登国际提供的食物 -坎贝尔 |
[06:59] | So for Mr. Fremer to say that there’s no correlation… | 所以福莱莫先生如果说这之间没有联系 |
[07:01] | Campbell. | 坎贝尔 |
[07:03] | – She wants to see you. – I got a thing. | -她要见你 -我在忙呢 |
[07:05] | Yeah, she doesn’t care about your thing. | 她才不在乎你是不是在忙呢 |
[07:08] | Now. | 快去 |
[07:09] | First, let me direct you to the masthead. | 首先 我给你看看报头 |
[07:14] | This paper’s masthead. | 这份报纸的报头 |
[07:15] | My paper’s masthead. | 我的报纸的报头 |
[07:17] | Which indicates it’s owned by… | 这也就是说 这份报纸是属于 |
[07:20] | GDJ International. | GDJ国际的 |
[07:22] | Now I’d like to direct your attention to this. | 现在 我请你好好看看这个 |
[07:24] | 有点受伤 雷登国际应为动物异常行为负责 | |
[07:27] | It’s a blog. | 这是一个博客 |
[07:29] | It’s called Somewhat Damaged. | 博客名字叫”有点受伤” |
[07:31] | And it’s written by a person who calls herself | 写这个博客的人称自己为 |
[07:33] | the Girl with the Genie Tattoo. | 鬼纹身少女 |
[07:37] | Never heard of it. | 没听过 |
[07:38] | No? Oh, it’s your typical noisy, | 没有吗 这完全是你的写作风格啊 |
[07:42] | nosy firebrand crap. | 爱管闲事 满嘴胡言 |
[07:44] | Raging at injustice and corporate misconduct. | 爱冲着不正义和公司的不当行为开炮 |
[07:48] | But the Girl with the Genie Tattoo | 但鬼纹身少女 |
[07:51] | has a specific hatred | 只厌恶 |
[07:52] | for a particular biotechnology company. | 某一家生物科技公司 |
[07:56] | Okay. | 所以呢 |
[07:58] | This is her latest entry. | 这是她最新写的一篇 |
[08:00] | Perhaps you’d like to read the highlighted part | 你来大声把标记的部分 |
[08:03] | out loud. | 读出来 |
[08:07] | “Lawrence Fremer, Chairman of the L.A. Parks Services, | 劳伦斯·福莱莫 洛杉矶公园服务主席 |
[08:09] | “is the latest to fall prey | 是农化公司罪恶骗局的 |
[08:10] | “to the evil agrochemical company’s pettifoggery | 最新牺牲品 |
[08:12] | “when he agreed to a service contract with Reiden Global, | 就是因为他接受了雷登国际的劳务合同 |
[08:15] | “and, as a consequence, two lions ran amok, | 两头狮子才会四处作乱 |
[08:18] | killing three people.” | 使三人身亡 |
[08:19] | And can you guess who owns Reiden Global? | 你猜猜看雷登国际的老板是谁 |
[08:22] | GDJ International. | GDJ国际 |
[08:26] | Okay. What does any of this have to do with me? | 好吧 那这些和我又有什么关系 |
[08:27] | Come on, Jamie. Don’t take us for fools. | 拜托 杰米 别把我们当傻子 |
[08:30] | I’ve been editing your copy for two years now. | 我给你审了两年的稿了 |
[08:32] | And you’ve used the word “pettifoggery” on several occasions. | “骗局”这一词你在好几个场合都用过 |
[08:36] | I know, because I had to look it up. | 没错我知道 因为我还是查字典才弄懂的 |
[08:38] | And based on that flimsy logic, | 就靠这种毫无逻辑的推论 |
[08:40] | you think I’m the person who’s writing this blog? | 你就觉得这个博客是我的写的吗 |
[08:42] | Are you gonna force me to ask you to strip down | 你非得让我把你衣服扒光 |
[08:45] | so we can see whether or not somewhere on your body | 看看你身上某一处 |
[08:47] | is the tattoo of a genie? | 是不是有鬼纹身吗 |
[08:56] | When we get to Simon’s camp, | 等我们到达西蒙的营地 |
[08:57] | I’m going to talk to him about Daniel. | 我要去和他谈谈丹尼尔 |
[09:00] | He has big dreams. | 他有远大梦想 |
[09:02] | He wishes to be a scientist, like the great Robert Oz. | 他想成为罗伯特·奥兹那样的伟大科学家 |
[09:06] | He’s always asking why. | 他总是问为什么 |
[09:07] | Why is the sky blue? Why does the plane fly? | 为什么天是蓝的 为什么飞机会飞 |
[09:10] | Why does the lion roar? | 为什么狮子会咆哮 |
[09:13] | Me, I’m a man of pleasure. | 而我 是个追求享乐的人 |
[09:15] | I prefer “when.” | 我更喜欢问”什么时候” |
[09:16] | When is my next meal? When is my next drink? | 下顿饭是什么时候 下次喝酒是什么时候 |
[09:19] | When is my next woman? | 下段感情是什么时候 |
[09:21] | And I prefer “how,” | 而我更喜欢问”如何” |
[09:22] | as in how will I get you to stop talking? | 比如说 我要如何才能让你闭嘴 |
[09:26] | Besides, if Daniel really wants to be a scientist, | 再说了 如果丹尼尔真的像成为科学家 |
[09:28] | he shouldn’t be watching those tapes. | 他就不该看那些带子 |
[09:30] | They’re nonsense. | 那都是胡说八道 |
[09:31] | Extinction events and dinosaurs and… | 灭绝事件啊恐龙啊 |
[09:35] | All those tapes really document | 那些带子真正记录的 |
[09:37] | is a brilliant man coming unhinged. | 不过是一个聪明人变成神经病的过程 |
[09:40] | As you have said, | 正如你所说 |
[09:41] | “all men are unknowable. | 所有人都是不可知的 |
[09:43] | But with animals you know where you stand.” | 但有动物相较 你就能知道自己的地位 |
[09:46] | My friend, Jackson Oz, the philosopher | 这是我朋友 奥卡万戈三角洲的哲学家 |
[09:49] | of the Okavango Delta. | 杰克逊·奥兹说的 |
[09:50] | Animals are predictable. | 动物的行为是可预见的 |
[09:52] | They want food. They want shelter. | 它们要食物 要栖息处 |
[09:54] | They don’t have egos. They don’t have insecurities. | 它们没有自尊 也没有危机感 |
[09:57] | They don’t kill themselves. | 它们也不会自杀 |
[10:03] | No. They don’t do that either. | 是啊 它们不会自杀 |
[10:16] | Where are the kuwakaribisha girls, | 姑娘们都去哪儿了 |
[10:19] | with their welcomes and hot towels and cold lemonade? | 怎么没拿着热毛巾和冰柠檬汁来欢迎我们 |
[10:22] | Maybe they’re just over you and your excessive flirting. | 也许她们受够了你不断的调戏 不喜欢你了 |
[10:33] | Well, the safari vehicles are out. | 游猎车都开走了 |
[10:35] | But the cook staff? Housekeeping? | 那厨子呢 家政呢 |
[10:38] | They never leave. | 他们从来不离开的 |
[10:42] | Bandits? | 不会是来强盗了吧 |
[10:43] | There’s been no report of bandit activity | 这地方好几年 |
[10:44] | in this area in years. | 都没出过强盗了 |
[11:04] | I’m sure there’s a simple explanation for all this, Abe. | 这一切肯定是有原因的 亚伯 |
[11:38] | The radio’s working. | 无线电是好的 |
[11:40] | Simon had said they were having issues with it, but… | 西蒙说过无线电坏了 但是 |
[11:42] | since I couldn’t raise him over the past few days, | 过去几天我都没联系上他 |
[11:44] | I assumed he had given up the ghost. But… | 我还以为他早就懒得修了 没想到… |
[11:49] | You got to see this. | 你得看看这个 |
[11:51] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[11:53] | Me and Hoon here are too damn sunburned. | 我和胡恩要在这里被晒死了 |
[11:56] | Much as we both like that French chick. | 虽然我们都很喜欢那个法国妞 |
[11:58] | There’s always tonight. | 胜者只有一个 |
[12:29] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[12:30] | Lion dung. | 狮子粪便 |
[12:32] | And there are tracks. | 还有它们留下的痕迹 |
[12:39] | The tracks of a single lion. | 只有一只狮子的痕迹 |
[12:41] | Yeah, but a single lion | 但是一只狮子蹿进营地 |
[12:42] | coming into camp wouldn’t scare everybody off, | 不可能把所有人都吓跑 |
[12:44] | especially not with your cousin presiding over things here. | 更何况你兄弟还在这里掌事呢 |
[12:47] | No. | 对 |
[12:48] | But what did? | 那到底是什么呢 |
[12:54] | And now, in international news, | 国际新闻 |
[12:55] | 哈纳峰将喷发 菲律宾疏散 美国援助小组出动 | |
[12:56] | tonight experts are gathering in the Philippines | 今晚专家们聚集在菲律宾 |
[12:58] | to discuss what they say may be the largest volcanic eruption | 讨论他们声称可能是近百年来 |
[13:01] | in the last 100 years. | 最大的一次火山喷发 |
[13:03] | While no one can say for sure, | 然而没人能够断言 |
[13:05] | predictions are that Mount Hana | 在接下来的九个月内 |
[13:07] | will erupt sometime in the next nine months. | 哈纳峰火山是否会喷发 |
[13:10] | Earlier today, the government has declared | 今日早时 政府已经宣布 |
[13:12] | – a state of emergency… – Pettifoggery. | -进入紧急状态 -骗局 |
[13:13] | … and has begun the first phase in what is expected | 并以开始全岛撤离的 |
[13:16] | to be a full-scale evacuation of the island. | 第一阶段 |
[13:20] | Earlier today… | 今日早时 |
[13:22] | Really, dude? | 非要这样吗 老兄 |
[13:23] | “Don’t take us for fools, Jamie”? | 别把我们当傻子 杰米 |
[13:25] | What was I supposed to say? | 那我该怎么说 |
[13:26] | I don’t know, maybe a single word in my defense. | 我不知道 也许为我辩驳一两句 |
[13:28] | Your defense? Jamie, I’ve been telling you for a year now | 为你辩驳 杰米 我都跟你说了一年了 |
[13:30] | that this blog is idiotic, | 那个博客实在太白痴了 |
[13:31] | that eventually you were gonna get caught. | 你最终肯定会被抓的 |
[13:33] | You could’ve said something in support of me, no? | 你就不能说几句支持我的话吗 |
[13:34] | No, I couldn’t. | 不 不能 |
[13:37] | Because we both agreed it’s in neither of our best interests | 因为我们一致同意过 让我们的情况曝光 |
[13:39] | to have our situation known. | 对我们双方都不利 |
[13:41] | What situation is that, Ethan? | 我们的什么情况啊 伊森 |
[13:42] | If you’re referring to the situation | 如果你指的情况是 |
[13:44] | in which you’re having sex with a junior reporter under your purview, | 你跟一个在你手下工作的小记者上床的事 |
[13:47] | I can assure you that situation has been twice-nullified. | 我可以向你保证 这一情况已经没有意义了 |
[13:50] | Because I’m no longer under your purview, | 因为我已经不在你手下工作了 |
[13:52] | – and you’re no longer going to have sex with me. – Jamie, | -而且你也别想再和我上床了 -杰米 |
[13:54] | just be accountable, okay? | 理智一点 好吗 |
[13:55] | Stop chasing the unicorn that killed Kennedy. | 别再去探查一些捕风捉影的事了 |
[13:57] | “Unicorn that killed Kennedy”? | 捕风捉影的事 |
[13:59] | How long have you been saving that one up, Ethan? | 你这句话留存了多久才派上用场啊 伊森 |
[14:01] | You have such a driving desire to unearth some vast conspiracy, | 你有一种强烈的欲望 想去揭开某个大阴谋 |
[14:04] | that you impose it on nothing. | 于是你把它强加在毫无根据的事上 |
[14:06] | There’s no proof, none, that Reiden had anything… | 根本没有任何证据表明雷登… |
[14:08] | Do not do that, Ethan. | 不要来这一套 伊森 |
[14:10] | Do not. You know what happened in Folsom. | 别 你知道佛森那事到底是怎么回事 |
[14:12] | It is one thing to tell me I’m wrong, | 跟我说我错了是一回事 |
[14:13] | – but don’t you dare question my motives. – Jamie… | -但你敢质疑我的动机 -杰米 |
[14:15] | – Don’t you dare disparage my integrity! – I’m not suggesting | -你敢毁谤我的正直 -我不是说 |
[14:18] | that you’re not a good journalist. | 你不是个好记者 |
[14:19] | I mean, everyone knows that you’re… | 大家都知道你是… |
[14:21] | Uh, we are in the midst of an active investigation | 我们正在调查 |
[14:24] | into exactly what caused this morning’s lion attack. | 今晨狮子袭击事件的发生原因 |
[14:29] | Well, we know what happened, dipstick. | 原因很明显啊 白痴 |
[14:30] | You hired Reiden and people died. | 你用了雷登的货 就有人丧了命 |
[14:32] | – Jamie. – Our primary concern, as always, | -杰米 -目前我们最大的担忧 |
[14:33] | is with the safety of the general public. | 就是广大市民们的安全 |
[14:34] | You can let yourself out, Ethan. | 你可以出去了 伊森 |
[14:37] | I got unicorns to chase. | 我还得继续”捕风捉影”呢 |
[14:39] | This devastating incident… | 这一令人心碎的事故… |
[14:55] | Well, I parboil them first, you know? | 我先将它们煮个半熟 |
[14:57] | That’s two whole days. And then– and this is, uh, | 腌制了两天 然后… |
[15:00] | this is the key– | 接下来是关键了 |
[15:02] | I wrap… | 我裹上… |
[15:03] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就来 |
[15:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:06] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你到这儿来干什么 |
[15:07] | At my house? Really? | 竟然闯进我家 不是吧你 |
[15:09] | I came to ask you a few questions– | 我是来问你一些问题的 |
[15:10] | the last thing I expected to find was you having a party | 真是出乎我的意料 你竟然在办派对 |
[15:13] | one day after three people died on your watch. | 距离你手下3人的死亡事件才过去一天呢 |
[15:15] | Look, like I’ve told you, | 听着 如同我之前对你说的 |
[15:17] | we’re doing everything we possibly can | 我们正在尽一切所能 |
[15:19] | to see what brought about that lion attack. | 调查是什么引发了此次的狮子袭击事件 |
[15:22] | Well, then would you care to comment on information we have | 那你能解释下 我们获得的消息显示 |
[15:24] | in regards to the zoo’s choice of food suppliers | 你们动物园因为预算限制问题 |
[15:25] | being adjusted due to budgetary restrictions? | 变更了食物供应商一事吗 |
[15:28] | Information culled from where, Ms. Campbell? | 从哪里得来的信息 坎贝尔小姐 |
[15:30] | Our previous vendors? | 我们之前的供应商吗 |
[15:31] | Our previous, disgruntled vendors? | 之前那个心里不满的供应商吗 |
[15:33] | That doesn’t sound like a denial. | 你这话听上去并没有否认 |
[15:35] | Our supplier was changed because we’re moving | 我们之所以变更供应商 是因为我们 |
[15:37] | to a more environmentally-safe food source, that is all. | 打算采用更环保的食物源 仅此而已 |
[15:40] | So you will continue to feed the animals | 所以你会继续采用雷登供应的食物 |
[15:42] | with food supplied by Reiden? | 来喂养那些动物 |
[15:43] | As do more than half the zoos in the country. | 全国半数以上的动物园用的都是这种食物 |
[15:46] | Reiden isn’t the culprit. | 雷登并不是罪魁祸首 |
[15:50] | Maybe that’s a story you should be following | 或许你该追查的是那个故事才对 |
[15:51] | with that dogged journalistic paranoia of yours. | 毕竟你有着记者天生的偏执多疑的性格 |
[15:54] | What story? | 什么故事 |
[15:55] | Oh, someone’s been abducting the cats in the neighborhood. | 有人绑架了这附近很多人家的猫 |
[15:59] | Dozens have gone missing in the last few weeks, | 在过去的几周内 有几十只猫都失踪了 |
[16:00] | and just last night they took my daughter’s cat, | 就在昨晚 他们把我女儿的猫也偷走了 |
[16:02] | Cupcake. | 小纸杯蛋糕 |
[16:03] | So if you don’t mind, Ms. Campbell… | 如果你不介意的话 坎贝尔小姐 |
[16:07] | Who would steal cats? | 谁会偷猫啊 |
[16:08] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[16:09] | But when you find him, let me know, | 不过如果你查出来的话 告诉我一声 |
[16:11] | because I want to smash his face in. | 我想打爆他的脸 |
[16:14] | Get the hell off my property. | 滚出我家吧 |
[16:18] | I’ve been thinking about what you once told me about the URA. | 我一直在想你曾经对我说过的URA的事 |
[16:22] | The rebel army. Yes, what of them? | 反叛军 好吧 他们怎么了 |
[16:25] | You said that when they raid a village, | 你说当他们突袭一个村庄时 |
[16:27] | they all go in single file, | 都是列成一个纵队进去的 |
[16:29] | so as to only leave one set of footprints | 那样的话 只会留下一组脚印 |
[16:31] | so that no one would ever know | 就没有人可以查出 |
[16:32] | how many of them had been present at the attack. | 有多少人参与了袭击 |
[16:34] | – Yeah? – Yes. So? | -对吗 -是的 所以呢 |
[16:37] | Well, what if… | 如果… |
[16:39] | what if it wasn’t one lion in Simon’s camp | 如果进入西蒙的营地把大家吓跑的 |
[16:42] | that scared everybody off, but many? | 不是一头狮子 而是很多头呢 |
[16:45] | In single file. | 成一列纵队进去 |
[16:47] | Sure. And they all played musical chairs. | 是啊 它们还会玩抢椅子游戏呢 |
[16:53] | Yeah. Yeah, you’re right, | 是啊 你说得对 |
[16:55] | that’s, uh, that’s ridiculous. | 那 那太荒谬了 |
[16:58] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[17:02] | That’s one of Simon’s vehicles. | 是西蒙的车之一 |
[17:54] | Stay here. | 待在这里别动 |
[17:55] | Keep me covered. | 掩护我 |
[18:10] | Hujambo! | 乎加博 |
[18:12] | Mtu yeyote huko? | 你没事吧 |
[18:42] | What happened? Are you all right? | 发生什么事了 你还好吧 |
[18:44] | I don’t know what you’re saying. Do you speak English? | 我不知道你在说什么 你会说英语吗 |
[18:46] | Abraham! | 亚伯拉罕 |
[18:51] | Abraham! | 亚伯拉罕 |
[18:54] | Abraham! | 亚伯拉罕 |
[18:57] | We have to go! | 我们得赶快逃 |
[19:12] | – We have to go! – Abraham! | -我们得赶快逃 -亚伯拉罕 |
[19:13] | We have to go! | 我们得逃命了 |
[19:41] | Come on! | 快起来 |
[20:26] | Here. | 给 |
[20:28] | Drink this. | 喝了这个 |
[20:30] | It’s Kentucky bourbon. | 是肯塔基波旁酒 |
[20:37] | My name’s Jackson. | 我叫杰克逊 |
[20:39] | Chloe. | 我叫克洛伊 |
[20:40] | Chloe. Okay. | 克洛伊 好吧 |
[20:43] | Can you tell me what happened, Chloe? | 你能告诉我发生了什么事吗 克洛伊 |
[20:45] | We were out… | 我们当时外出了 |
[20:48] | We were looking for animals. | 出去寻找动物 |
[20:51] | There were perhaps 15 of us. | 我们大约总共有15个人 |
[20:53] | There was a Japanese couple | 其中有一对日本夫妇 |
[20:56] | and a group of Russian tourists. | 还有一群俄罗斯游客 |
[20:59] | And-and the guide– | 导游… |
[21:01] | he… he-he wanted us | 他…他让我们 |
[21:03] | to-to go see some gazelles, | 去…去看羚羊 |
[21:05] | and so we got off the car, | 我们就下车了 |
[21:08] | we got closer to-to the gazelles, | 我们离羚羊很近了 |
[21:12] | and-and… and then | 然…然后 |
[21:13] | I-I heard a noise. | 我听到有声音 |
[21:16] | I looked back and… | 我回头看… |
[21:19] | it was the bus driver. | 是观光车司机 |
[21:23] | He was getting attacked. | 他被袭击了 |
[21:25] | And something fell down on us from a tree. | 有东西从树上下来 |
[21:28] | It was a lion, and then a second lion | 是头狮子 然后又一头狮子 |
[21:30] | and a third lion… | 然后第三头… |
[21:33] | Simon tried to fire at them with his gun. | 西蒙想朝狮子开枪 |
[21:36] | But the lions got to him first. | 但是狮子先攻击了他 |
[21:38] | I-I tried to help the others, but | 我想帮其他人 但是 |
[21:41] | I knew I was gonna die, and… | 我知道自己快死了… |
[21:53] | How does that even happen? | 那会是什么景象 |
[21:57] | At what point do you die? | 什么时候才会死 |
[21:59] | How does one get eaten to death? | 人怎么才会被咬死 |
[22:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:14] | They do good work in Kentucky. | 他们在肯塔基做得很好 |
[22:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[22:50] | Excuse me. Mitch Morgan? | 打扰 你是米奇·摩根对吗 |
[22:52] | I’m Jamie Campbell. We spoke on the phone. | 我是杰米·坎贝尔 我们通过电话 |
[22:55] | Right. L.A. Telegraph. | 对 《洛杉矶电报》的人 |
[22:58] | Yeah. That’s right. | 没错 |
[23:01] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事吗 |
[23:02] | Uh, you’re the animal coroner? | 你是动物验尸官对吗 |
[23:04] | Veterinary pathologist. | 兽医病理学家 |
[23:06] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[23:07] | Pathologist, not coroner. | 是病理学家 不是验尸官 |
[23:10] | I specialize in diagnosing | 我主要通过 |
[23:11] | animal disease through examination of their tissue, | 检查动物的组织 体液以及其他东西 |
[23:15] | bodily fluids. Other stuff. | 诊断动物疾病 |
[23:18] | “Coroner” suggests that | 说”验尸官”显得我 |
[23:19] | they have to be dead to be of interest to me. | 只对死亡的动物感兴趣 |
[23:23] | They do not. | 其实不是 |
[23:27] | You want to know what incited the lions to kill the zookeeper? | 你想知道什么导致狮子杀了管理员吗 |
[23:29] | And the men downtown, yeah. | 还有市区的那些人 |
[23:33] | Well… that makes two of us. | 我们都想知道 |
[23:39] | Where’d you grow up? | 你在哪里长大 |
[23:40] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[23:42] | Where’s home? | 你家是哪里 |
[23:43] | Why is that important right now? | 现在那个重要吗 |
[23:46] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:48] | I think it’s called friendly chitchat. | 我就跟你寒暄一下 |
[23:51] | Louisiana, originally. | 老家是路易斯安那 |
[23:53] | I love Louisiana. | 我喜欢那里 |
[23:55] | Spent a year there. | 在那边待过一年 |
[23:56] | Studying the nutria. | 研究海狸鼠 |
[23:58] | Big old river rats. | 一种古老的大型河鼠 |
[23:59] | Saw a lot of swamps. | 我看过很多沼泽 |
[24:01] | Ate a lot of jambalaya. | 吃过很多什锦饭 |
[24:04] | All right, this is Nick. | 好 这是尼克 |
[24:06] | And Eddie. | 这是埃迪 |
[24:12] | Oh, sorry. Kind of gross, I know. | 抱歉 是有点恶心 |
[24:14] | No, it’s, uh… | 不… |
[24:16] | it’s fine. | 没事 |
[24:17] | They were siblings. | 他们是兄弟 |
[24:19] | Captured in the Serengeti | 大约八个月大的时候 |
[24:20] | at about eight months old. | 在塞伦盖蒂平原被抓 |
[24:21] | And they’ve been living without incident | 此后过去14年一直在动物园里 |
[24:23] | in that enclosure for the last 14 years. | 没有出现过任何意外 |
[24:26] | Body fat content was normal. | 体质含量正常 |
[24:28] | No signs of abuse. | 没有受虐痕迹 |
[24:29] | No lacerations, no bruising. | 没有擦伤等任何伤口 |
[24:31] | They were healthy, well-fed, | 他们很健康 喂得很好 |
[24:34] | well-adjusted creatures. | 对环境适应得很好 |
[24:36] | But they were raised in cages, so, | 但他们从小在笼子里长大 所以 |
[24:39] | in a way they’re kind of the victims here. | 从某种程度上说他们才是受害者 |
[24:42] | Oh, you’re one of those. | 你是那种人啊 |
[24:45] | One of what? | 什么人 |
[24:45] | One of those scientists | 那种喜欢动物 |
[24:46] | who prefers animals to humans. | 胜过喜欢人的科学家 |
[24:51] | Well, I don’t just | 我不仅 |
[24:52] | prefer animals to humans, Ms. Campbell. | 喜欢动物胜过人 坎贝尔小姐 |
[24:54] | I also prefer pizza and beer to humans. | 我还喜欢披萨啤酒胜过喜欢人 |
[24:58] | Torrential rain storms. Traffic… | 暴风雨 交通… |
[25:00] | The zoo recently changed their food. | 动物园最近给他们换了食物 |
[25:02] | They switched to a meat supplier that uses D-grade beef | 他们现在的肉类供应商提供的是劣质牛肉 |
[25:04] | from a feedlot that raises their cattle | 因为他们的饲养场养牛时 |
[25:06] | on grain treated with pesticides. | 用的是使用过杀虫剂的谷物 |
[25:08] | Pesticides? | 杀虫剂 |
[25:09] | – You mean Reiden Global. – Yes! Yes, that’s it. | -你是指雷登国际吗 -对 没错 |
[25:12] | – You don’t want to see these anymore, right? – No. | -你不想再看了吧 -嗯 |
[25:15] | Reiden sells products all over the world. | 雷登的产品遍布全世界 |
[25:17] | Who knows what kind of damage they’re doing? | 谁知道他们造成了何种损害 |
[25:19] | It wasn’t the food. | 不是因为食物 |
[25:20] | I mean, it might’ve constipated them, | 食物可能让动物便秘 |
[25:22] | cancer worst case, but… | 最严重的是得癌症 但是 |
[25:24] | it wouldn’t have changed their behavior. | 不会改变动物的行为 |
[25:25] | Okay, but this doesn’t just happen. | 但这种事不是无缘无故就会发生吧 |
[25:28] | Sadly, sometimes it does. | 很不幸 有时候就是 |
[25:30] | Nine times. | 九次 |
[25:32] | There are 350 zoos | 美国国内 |
[25:33] | in the United States | 有350家动物园 |
[25:34] | that attract 175 million visitors a year. | 每年吸引1.75亿游客 |
[25:37] | The first one opened in 1874. | 第一家于1874年正式开园 |
[25:39] | That’s 141 years. | 距今已经141年了 |
[25:41] | And in all that time, | 这么长时间内 |
[25:43] | there are only nine documented cases | 动物园内的狮子无缘无故杀人 |
[25:45] | of unprovoked zoo lions killing humans. | 只有九起记录在案 |
[25:48] | More people died choking on hot dogs than lion attacks. | 吃热狗噎死的人都比狮子杀死的人多 |
[25:51] | It doesn’t just happen. | 所以现在的事不是偶然 |
[25:53] | Something caused this. | 肯定事出有因 |
[26:06] | How bad is that cut? | 你的伤口严重吗 |
[26:09] | I think it’s okay. | 应该没事 |
[26:11] | Here. | 给你 |
[26:12] | Try that. | 试试 |
[26:14] | – Thank you. – Yeah? | -谢谢 -拿好 |
[26:26] | This is my honeymoon. | 我是来度蜜月的 |
[26:29] | Your honeymoon? | 度蜜月 |
[26:32] | Was your husband…? | 你丈夫… |
[26:35] | No, my husband is back in Paris. | 我丈夫在巴黎 |
[26:37] | Although he never became my husband. | 虽然他根本没成为我丈夫 |
[26:40] | Five weeks before we were gonna get married, | 在我们结婚五周前 |
[26:41] | I learned he was having an affair. | 我得知他出轨了 |
[26:46] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾 |
[26:48] | That must’ve been a shock. | 你一定很震惊 |
[26:49] | Yeah, it was. | 是啊 |
[26:51] | French men typically wait until after the wedding | 法国人一般是等结婚之后 |
[26:53] | to begin their sleeping around. | 再开始偷腥的 |
[26:57] | So, the wedding was canceled, | 所以婚礼取消了 |
[26:59] | but the safari honeymoon was planned. | 但这场游猎蜜月早就计划好了 |
[27:02] | And I decided to come on my own. | 于是我决定一个人来 |
[27:05] | You know, I needed to be as far away from Paris as possible. | 我需要尽可能远离巴黎 |
[27:12] | The guide from my camp, | 我们营地的导游 |
[27:14] | he-he was your friend? | 是你的朋友吗 |
[27:17] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[27:19] | And his cousin Abraham is… | 他表哥亚伯拉罕是… |
[27:24] | was my best friend. | 曾是我最好的朋友 |
[27:29] | The man who went into the bus. | 进观光车的那个人 |
[27:33] | The man who went into the bus. | 进观光车的那个人 |
[27:42] | Hold on, hold on, hold on. | 等等 等等 |
[27:59] | What’s wrong?! | 怎么了 |
[28:00] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[28:04] | It seems that the lions got to the radiator. | 水箱好像被狮子弄坏了 |
[28:08] | Okay, so what do we do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[28:09] | Well, camp is barely six miles from here. | 营地距离这里大约六英里 |
[28:12] | – Six miles?! – With the radio that we can use to call for help. | -六英里 -那里有无线电 可以求助 |
[28:15] | Y-You’re not suggesting that… | 你不是建议我们… |
[28:16] | Yeah, yeah. We walk. | 对 我们走过去 |
[28:29] | We’re not walking, okay? | 我才不要走 |
[28:30] | I’m staying here in this car. | 我要留在车里 |
[28:32] | If we move at a healthy clip, | 如果我们正常走 |
[28:34] | we can make Simon’s camp before dark. | 可以在天黑前到底西蒙的营地 |
[28:35] | No, I… I’m not getting out. | 不 我不要出去 |
[28:38] | Chloe, I can’t think of anything that I want to do less | 克洛伊 现在我最不想做的事 |
[28:40] | than climb out of this car right now. | 也是爬出这辆车 |
[28:42] | So do not! | 那就不要出去啊 |
[28:43] | Free will is what separates us from the animals! | 区分人和动物的就是自由意志 |
[28:45] | Free will and this truck! | 自由意志和这辆车 |
[28:48] | Okay, listen to me. Listen to me. | 你听我说 听我说 |
[28:50] | I know one thing about lions, all right? | 我了解狮子一点 知道吗 |
[28:55] | They recently fed. | 它们刚吃饱了 |
[28:59] | They won’t be doing any long trekking in search of dinner. | 所以不会长途跋涉再来找晚餐了 |
[29:03] | I promise you, we will be fine. | 我保证 我们不会有事的 |
[29:08] | You’re lying to me. | 你在骗我 |
[29:10] | I can see the look in your eyes. | 我可以看到你的眼神 |
[29:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:19] | Something clearly is not right here. | 这里的事情显然不对劲 |
[29:20] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[29:22] | Back at the vehicles, | 那辆车那边 |
[29:23] | there were at least five male lions. | 至少有五头雄性狮子 |
[29:26] | All right, they never travel like that. | 它们从未这样出现过 |
[29:28] | The typical pride consists of… | 一般情况下会有… |
[29:31] | females, their offspring, | 雌性狮子 小狮子 |
[29:33] | and one or at most… | 和一头或者最多两头 |
[29:36] | two males. | 雄性狮子 |
[29:41] | Look, I don’t know what’s going on here. | 我也不知道是怎么回事 |
[29:43] | But I do know that we do not want to be here when night falls. | 但我知道天黑之后待在这里可不好 |
[30:05] | So, what now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[30:06] | Now? Now I drop these samples at the lab, | 现在 我去实验室放下这些样本 |
[30:10] | head home, try to write up a lesson plan. | 然后回家写教案 |
[30:13] | I teach a little at UCLA. | 我在加大洛杉矶分校教书 |
[30:16] | Yeah. But don’t you want to know what happened? | 但你不想知道到底是怎么回事吗 |
[30:18] | So it doesn’t happen again? | 为了避免类似事件再次发生 |
[30:20] | Well, the good news is, if your statistics hold true, | 好消息是 如果你的数据正确 |
[30:22] | it’ll be another 15.6 years | 那类似事件再次发生 |
[30:24] | before anything like this does happen again. | 要在15.6年之后 |
[30:28] | Oh, maybe you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[30:31] | Maybe I’m just chasing the unicorns that killed Kennedy. | 或许我只是在追逐捕风捉影的事 |
[30:35] | Should I know what that means? | 这话什么意思 |
[30:36] | – Is that, like, a saying? – No. | -是句谚语之类的吗 -不是 |
[30:38] | I’m sorry I couldn’t give you what you wanted, all right? | 抱歉我无法给你你想要的答案 |
[30:41] | Sometimes a mystery is just a mystery. | 有时谜就是谜 |
[30:43] | Yeah, like missing cats in Brentwood. | 是啊 就像布伦特伍德那些失踪的猫一样 |
[30:46] | That’s a saying. | 这是谚语吧 |
[30:47] | No. | 不是 |
[30:49] | Apparently there’s a rash of missing cats in Brentwood. | 就是现在布伦特伍德有很多猫失踪了 |
[30:55] | How do they know they’re missing? | 你怎么知道是失踪了 |
[30:56] | Maybe they just couldn’t get into a good private school. | 可能那里住的不好搬走了呢 |
[31:01] | Here, my cell’s on there. | 上面有我的电话 |
[31:05] | You know, usually when a girl gives me her phone number, | 通常有女孩给我电话号码 |
[31:08] | it doesn’t have anything to do with rampaging lions. | 并不是要找我问发狂狮子的事 |
[31:11] | It’s in case something occurs to you. | 以防万一你想到什么 |
[31:15] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[31:17] | See you around. | 回见 |
[31:21] | There’s a stepped slope over there, | 那边有个梯状斜坡 |
[31:23] | and that’ll take us down to the water. | 我们可以从那边下水 |
[31:25] | – Staying on the move is safest. – Okay. | -保持移动是最安全的 -知道了 |
[31:29] | So you’ve been here a long time? | 你在这里待了很久了吗 |
[31:32] | Africa? | 在非洲 |
[31:33] | A little more than 12 years. | 12年多一点吧 |
[31:35] | From Boston originally. | 我老家是波士顿 |
[31:36] | This is a long way from Boston. | 这里离波士顿很远啊 |
[31:39] | Why Africa? | 为什么来非洲 |
[31:42] | I suppose because it’s a long way from Boston. | 应该是因为这里离波士顿远吧 |
[31:48] | Don’t move. | 不要动 |
[32:01] | Just get behind me. | 躲到我后面 |
[32:03] | Slowly get behind me. | 慢慢到我身后 |
[32:23] | The defiant… | 那种挑衅… |
[32:49] | Hey, you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[32:53] | You okay? | 没事吧 |
[33:01] | You got it, come on, just walk. | 没事了 我们走 |
[33:11] | We’re here, so what’s wrong? | 终于到了 到底怎么回事 |
[33:13] | You’re thinking about something. | 你想到了什么对吧 |
[33:16] | My father… | 我父亲… |
[33:18] | My father was a scientist, okay? | 我父亲是个科学家 |
[33:19] | He had all these theories about animal behavior. | 关于动物行为他有自己的一套理论 |
[33:23] | Some of it was some very far out-there stuff. | 有些理论真的难以想象 |
[33:26] | But what does this mean, “Far out-there stuff”? | 难以想象是什么意思 |
[33:28] | Well, uh, for instance, he wondered | 比如 他在想 |
[33:29] | why animals, uh, continue to live in fear of their predators, | 动物为什么继续生活在对捕食者的恐惧中 |
[33:33] | when in theory… right? | 理论上明明…对吧 |
[33:34] | In theory, they have the ability to coordinate | 理论上 它们有能力团结协作 |
[33:37] | and kill whatever species is a threat. | 杀死任何对它们有威胁的东西 |
[33:41] | But his theories, they… they never quite added up, | 但他的理论不是很能说得通 |
[33:44] | which nearly drove him crazy. | 所以让他差点崩溃 |
[33:48] | Not nearly– actually. | 不是差点 就是崩溃了 |
[33:49] | It actually drove him crazy. | 就是让他崩溃了 |
[33:53] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[33:54] | Anyway, my, uh… | 总之 我… |
[33:57] | my father made all these tapes. | 我父亲录了很多录像带 |
[33:58] | His manifesto of sorts. | 类似于他的声明之类的 |
[34:01] | And I have them back at the camp. | 都在我营地那边 |
[34:06] | Now, sometimes when he’s rambling, | 有时候他胡言乱语 |
[34:07] | he talks about a defiant pupil. | 说什么挑衅的瞳孔 |
[34:10] | That this defiant pupil | 他说挑衅的瞳孔 |
[34:13] | is the indisputable proof that his theory was correct. | 可以无可争辩地证明他理论的正确性 |
[34:17] | What is this “Defiant pupil”? | “挑衅的瞳孔”是什么 |
[34:21] | Well, that’s just it. | 就是那个 |
[34:23] | Up until today, I thought it was a student. | 今天之前 我一直以为他说的是个学生 |
[34:27] | But now I think… | 但现在我认为 |
[34:29] | I think that… | 我觉得… |
[34:32] | …what he was talking about… | 他所说的… |
[34:36] | I saw back there in that lion’s left eye. | 我刚才在那头狮子的左眼中看到了 |
[34:41] | Right before we fell. | 就在我们掉下去之前 |
[34:46] | And I think… | 我觉得… |
[34:50] | …maybe my father wasn’t entirely crazy. | 可能我父亲并不是真疯了 |
[34:56] | Botswana Center, this is Jackson Oz. | 博茨瓦纳中心 我是杰克逊·奥兹 |
[34:57] | I’m calling from Msisimko Safari Camp. | 这里是密西姆科游猎营地 |
[35:00] | We have multiple missing persons. | 有多人失踪 |
[35:01] | We need a search-and-rescue team out here immediately. | 我们即刻需要救援队前来搜救 |
[35:22] | I talked to Brenda, | 我跟布伦达谈过了 |
[35:24] | and she’s agreed to reinstate you. | 她同意让你复职 |
[35:28] | Conditionally. | 有一定的条件 |
[35:30] | I have to shut down my site. | 我得关掉我的博客 |
[35:33] | Which is no great tragedy, Jamie. | 这又何尝不可 杰米 |
[35:35] | I mean, come on, your blog gets 24,000 unique eyeballs. | 你的博客有两万四千个脑回路奇怪的观众 |
[35:39] | The paper has 4.2 million readers. | 而我们的报纸有四百二十万名读者 |
[35:41] | I like my unique eyeballs. | 我喜欢脑回路奇怪的观众 |
[35:45] | Look, why don’t we take a vacation? | 要不我们去度假吧 |
[35:49] | You and me, we’ll go up to Ojai for the weekend. | 你我 我们去奥海镇过周末 |
[35:51] | I don’t need a vacation; I need a reset. | 我不需要度假 我需要重置 |
[35:57] | Who’s Mitch Morgan? | 米奇·摩根是谁 |
[35:59] | He’s just a guy. | 就是认识的一个人 |
[36:02] | I hope he’s not part of your reset. | 希望不是你重置的一部分 |
[36:05] | Come on, Jamie. Ojai. | 好嘛 杰米 去奥海镇 |
[36:08] | Some wine, some massages– what do you say? | 喝喝酒 做做按摩 怎么样 |
[36:11] | I say I just lost my job. | 我刚丢了工作 |
[36:13] | And I don’t know if this thing we’ve been doing | 我们这一年来虽然在一起 |
[36:15] | for the past year even has a name, | 但我都没个名分 |
[36:17] | but I can’t say I feel good about it. | 不得不说我感觉不怎么好 |
[36:20] | Look, Jamie. | 听我说 杰米 |
[36:22] | This is an opportunity for a do-over here. | 这是我们重新再来的机会 |
[36:25] | On both fronts. | 工作感情都是 |
[36:26] | I mean, you come back to work, | 你回来工作 |
[36:27] | and we take our thing to the next level. | 我们之间也可以更深入一步 |
[36:32] | I don’t want to lose you in either. | 我既不想失去你这个同事 也不想失去你 |
[36:34] | 我是米奇·摩根 方便说话吗 我找到那些猫了 | |
[36:39] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[36:56] | This is me hoping | 我希望你说的 |
[36:56] | “I found the cats” isn’t a line you use | “我找打那些猫了” |
[36:59] | on the girls in the bars. | 不是你酒吧泡妞的伎俩 |
[37:02] | I don’t go to bars. | 我不去酒吧的 |
[37:04] | Right, you don’t like people. | 对 你不喜欢人 |
[37:05] | I like people. | 我喜欢人啊 |
[37:07] | Just prefer it when they’re not around. | 只是不喜欢人在我身边 |
[37:10] | You found the cats? | 你找到猫了吗 |
[37:11] | Well, I got to thinking about what you said. | 我思考了你说的话 |
[37:13] | Dozens of missing cats just seemed so, you know, odd. | 几十只猫失踪确实奇怪 |
[37:18] | Domestic cats will wander, | 家猫喜欢乱逛 |
[37:19] | but they’ll always come back to their food source. | 但最终都会回到给它们提供食物的地方 |
[37:21] | And a mass cat-kidnapping seemed to defy reason. | 又不会有人大批地偷猫 |
[37:25] | So… I thought maybe there was a predator. | 所以我认为可能有捕猫的动物 |
[37:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:32] | Figured I’d drive around the neighborhood a bit, | 我就想着在附近到处逛逛 |
[37:33] | see if I saw anything. | 看看有没有发现 |
[37:36] | You went on a cat stakeout? | 你出门盯猫了吗 |
[37:40] | I did. | 是的 |
[37:42] | Uh, one crossed the road– Siamese, | 街对面的一只暹罗猫 |
[37:45] | which means somebody’s pet. | 肯定是人养的宠物 |
[37:46] | So I followed it. | 于是我就跟踪了 |
[37:49] | The cat stakeout turned into a cat pursuit. | 盯猫变成了追猫 |
[37:54] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[37:57] | Look, you’re kind of freaking me out right now. | 你这样有点吓到我了 |
[38:00] | So what happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[38:02] | Where’s the cat? | 猫在哪里 |
[38:04] | You got to see for yourself. | 你自己看看吧 |
[38:07] | I made some coffee. | 我煮了咖啡 |
[38:08] | Hope you like it black and bitter | 希望你喜欢黑咖啡 |
[38:10] | ’cause it’s all we got here. | 因为别的也没有了 |
[38:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:28] | That was fast. | 来的好快啊 |
[38:36] | – Jackson Oz? – Yes! | -杰克逊·奥兹吗 -对 |
[38:38] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[38:39] | – For what? – Interference… with lawful hunting. | -为什么 -干扰合法捕猎 |
[38:42] | Oh. Listen to me, man. | 听我说 伙计 |
[38:43] | Hey, hey, I called you guys. No… | 是我打电话给你们的 不… |
[38:46] | Oh, you got to, you’ve got to be kidding me! | 开什么国际玩笑 |
[38:48] | This is a joke! | 开什么玩笑 |
[38:49] | Listen to me, listen to me. | 听我说 听我说 |
[38:50] | I got to get back to my camp, okay? | 我得回我的营地 |
[38:52] | There’s something going on with the lions! | 这里的狮子出问题了 |
[38:54] | – Get inside. – Hey, listen to what I’m telling you. | -进去 -听我说 |
[38:56] | We got a big problem here! | 这里出大问题了 |
[38:57] | Our ability to think. | 我们思考的能力 |
[38:59] | To interpret, to imagine. | 解释 想象的能力 |
[39:01] | In the end, that’s what distinguishes humans | 这是最终让人类和其他动物 |
[39:03] | from other animals. | 得以区分的标志 |
[39:05] | Abstract thought. | 抽象思维 |
[39:07] | Poetry. | 诗歌 |
[39:09] | Analogy. | 推理 |
[39:12] | But what’s the measure of our cognitive advantage | 但是衡量我们对其他物种的 |
[39:14] | over the lesser species? | 认知优势的标准是什么 |
[39:16] | Humanity’s progress has guided our world | 人类的进步在引导我们的世界 |
[39:19] | to the edge of destruction. | 走向毁灭的边缘 |
[39:21] | But consider the birds and the bees. | 想想鸟群 蜜蜂 |
[39:24] | The bears. | 熊 |
[39:25] | The barracuda. | 梭鱼 |
[39:27] | As mankind sails the world toward the tip of the iceberg, | 人类扬帆远航 探索未知时 |
[39:31] | what survival strategy will they employ? | 会使用何种生存策略 |
[39:34] | Will they man the lifeboats and die on the stormy seas? | 他们会怒海求生 还是死于波涛狂风 |
[39:43] | Or will they perhaps take matters into their own hands | 还是说他们会把船长丢进大海 |
[39:47] | and toss overboard the captain of the ship? | 把自己的命运握在自己手中 |
[39:52] | If you’re planning on showing me a dead cat, | 如果你打算给我看一只死猫 |
[39:53] | I have better things I can be doing. | 那还是算了吧 |
[39:58] | Okay. | 好了 |
[40:05] | Oh, hey, you found a few of them. | 你确实找到了几只啊 |
[40:26] | This is an elementary school. | 这里是一所小学 |
[40:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[40:30] | But in the summer it’s a day camp. | 但夏天的时候会做日间夏令营营地 |
[40:33] | And camp starts tomorrow. | 夏令营明天开始 |