时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | For centuries, mankind has been the dominant species. | 几个世纪以来 人类都是优势物种 |
[00:07] | We’ve domesticated animals, locked them up, | 我们驯养动物 圈养 |
[00:10] | killed them for sport. | 甚至屠杀取乐 |
[00:12] | But what if, all across the globe, | 但如果全世界的所有动物一致决定 |
[00:15] | the animals decided: “No more”? | “不再这样下去” 会如何 |
[00:19] | What if they finally decided to fight back? | 如果它们决定要反抗又会如何 |
[00:27] | Rise and shine, Jackson. | 起床吧 杰克逊 |
[00:28] | We have a dozen impatient Swedes | 一群不耐烦的瑞典人 |
[00:30] | waiting for us to show them the rhinos. | 正等着我们带他们看犀牛呢 |
[00:34] | Go now! | 快走 |
[00:37] | My father made all these tapes. | 我父亲录了很多录像带 |
[00:39] | He talks about a defiant pupil. | 说什么挑衅的瞳孔 |
[00:41] | Indisputable proof that his they was correct. | 可以无可争辩地证明他理论的正确性 |
[00:43] | Maybe my father wasn’t entirely crazy. | 可能我父亲并不是真疯了 |
[00:46] | Hey there, Chloe. | 你好 克洛伊 |
[00:49] | You leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[00:49] | I’m going back to Paris. | 我要回巴黎了 |
[00:53] | Your father’s ideas were rejected by every one of his peers. | 你父亲的猜想 他的同僚没有一个认同的 |
[00:57] | – Harvard revoked his chair. – What if they’re wrong? | -哈佛大学甚至把他辞退了 -如果他们错了呢 |
[00:59] | – What if they’re all wrong? – He was the laughingstock! | -如果他们都错了呢 -他沦为了笑柄 |
[01:00] | What if everyone else is wrong? | 如果其他人都错了呢 |
[01:02] | At some point, your father found his way to Japan. | 在某个时刻 你父亲把研究之路导向了日本 |
[01:06] | Whatever is left of his research– | 不管他的研究保留下来多少 |
[01:09] | this is where you’ll find it. | 你都会在这里找到 |
[01:12] | Mitch Morgan? | 你是米奇·摩根对吗 |
[01:13] | – I’m Jamie Campbell. We spoke on the phone. – Right. | -我是杰米·坎贝尔 我们通过电话 -对 |
[01:15] | – L.A. Tele graph. – You’re the animal coroner? | -《洛杉矶电报》的人 -你是动物验尸官对吗 |
[01:18] | Veterinary pathologist. | 兽医病理学家 |
[01:19] | The beef those lions were fed came from cows that fed on grain | 那些狮子吃的牛肉是从吃谷物的牛身上割下来的 |
[01:23] | that was treated with pesticides from Reiden Global. | 而那些谷物就被喷洒过雷登国际产的杀虫剂 |
[01:26] | Meaning it caused aberrant behavior? | 也就是说可能会导致反常行为 |
[01:28] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[01:29] | I think these lions are communicating with each other. | 我觉得这些狮子 在彼此沟通交流 |
[01:33] | – Abe. – If you go, I go with you. | -亚伯 -如果你去 我跟你去 |
[01:36] | Besides, I think Japanese women are very sexy. | 再说了 我觉得日本女人很性感 |
[01:39] | I’m sure they’re gonna find you sexy, too, | 他们肯定也会觉得你性感的 |
[01:42] | in a beaten-up kind of way. | 不修边幅式性感 |
[01:44] | Chloe Tousignant? | 克洛伊·图赛尼尔吗 |
[01:45] | – Oui. – You may be uniquely suited to help us. | -是 -你刚好非常适合帮助我们 |
[01:48] | I’m afraid that the fate of the world may hinge on it. | 恐怕 整个世界的命运都取决于此了 |
[02:29] | This is Nicholas Bradshaw. | 这是尼古拉斯·布拉德肖 |
[02:31] | He came to Kamnik a week ago to adopt a son. | 他一周前来到卡姆尼克领养儿子 |
[02:35] | Yesterday he was massacred by dogs. | 昨天 他被一群狗屠杀了 |
[02:39] | Massacred by dogs? | 被狗屠杀 |
[02:42] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别胡说了 |
[02:44] | You’re right. | 是啊 |
[02:45] | One man does not a massacre make. | 杀一个人不构成屠杀 |
[02:49] | But look around. | 但看看吧 |
[02:51] | Six. | 一共六人 |
[02:57] | – I’m sorry. I’ve got to… – I know this is upsetting, | -抱歉 我得… -我知道这令你不安 |
[02:59] | but I needed to show you tangible evidence of what I suspect | 但我需要给你看切实证据 而我觉得 |
[03:02] | – you’re already beginning to realize. – And what is that? | -你已经开始明白是怎么回事了 -明白什么 |
[03:04] | That something very strange is occurring in the animal kingdom. | 动物正在发生很奇怪的事 |
[03:08] | And I’d like your help in getting to the bottom of it. | 我希望你能帮我查到真相 |
[03:11] | Why me? | 为什么选我 |
[03:12] | I’m not a field agent. | 我并非外勤特工 |
[03:13] | My expertise lies in human attacks, not animals. | 我的专业是人类袭击不是动物 |
[03:17] | If that is what you need, I’m sorry, I’m not your girl. | 如果你需要那个 那么就不该找我 |
[03:19] | Ms. Tousignant, I’ve thoroughly vetted you. | 图赛尼尔小姐 我仔细审查过你 |
[03:22] | You’re one of the top intelligence analysts at the DGSE, | 你是对外安全总局最顶尖的情报分析员之一 |
[03:25] | you speak five languages. | 你会说五种语言 |
[03:27] | You understand virtually every culture on Earth. | 你基本上了解世界上的每一种文化 |
[03:30] | Perhaps there are others who meet these criteria, | 或许是还有别人也符合这些条件 |
[03:33] | but given what you witnessed in Africa, | 但鉴于你在非洲的经历 |
[03:35] | you are exactly what I need. | 你就是我需要的人 |
[04:00] | – Business or pleasure? – What? | -公事还是寻乐 -什么 |
[04:03] | 17 hours in airplane seats not suited for children. | 在别扭的飞机座位上坐了17小时 |
[04:06] | Two hours trying to hail a cab. | 打车打了2小时 |
[04:09] | Another hour searching through city streets | 在街上又找了1小时 |
[04:11] | with teens dressed like circus clowns. | 满街都是打扮怪异的青少年 |
[04:15] | And did I mention, I haven’t been off the African Continent | 我提到过吗 我都已经十年多没离开过 |
[04:18] | in over a decade? | 非洲大陆了 |
[04:19] | So I am asking: which one do we conquer first? | 所以问你 先办公事 |
[04:22] | Business or pleasure? | 还是先找乐子 |
[04:23] | Let’s find the address. | 我们去找到那个地址 |
[04:24] | Then you can… partake in | 然后你再…去做 |
[04:26] | whatever it is you feel like partaking. | 随便你想做的事 |
[04:32] | This is it. | 就是这里 |
[04:41] | We are looking for the former residence of Dr. Robert Oz. | 我们在找前任住户 罗伯特·奥兹博士 |
[04:45] | Jackson? | 杰克逊 |
[05:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:08] | And now we border treacherously on stalking. | 你现在都要跟踪我了吗 |
[05:11] | I don’t know whether to be freaked out or flattered. | 真不知是该害怕还是觉得荣幸 |
[05:14] | Be grateful. | 觉得感激吧 |
[05:17] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[05:18] | The paper has offered to fly us to New Orleans | 报社出钱让我们飞去新奥尔良 |
[05:20] | to meet with Senator Dixon Vaughn. | 跟迪克森·沃恩参议员见面 |
[05:21] | He’s head of the Environment and Public Works Committee there. | 他是当地环境和公共工程委员会主席 |
[05:24] | A little premature, don’t you think? | 有点太着急了吧 |
[05:25] | We have solid evidence against Reiden Global. | 我们有针对雷登国际的切实证据 |
[05:27] | We don’t have anything close to solid evidence. | 我们根本没有什么切实证据 |
[05:30] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[05:32] | We know those lions were communicating over large distances. | 我们知道那些狮子在远距离交流 |
[05:36] | That’s not evidence. It’s a theory. | 那不叫证据 那是理论 |
[05:38] | Yes, we have a mutation | 是啊 我们发现了一种变异 |
[05:39] | that seems to be producing a hive-like mind in lions– | 似乎在狮群中产生了类似蜂群的思维方式 |
[05:43] | same kind that exists in bees, | 跟蜜蜂中所见到的一样 |
[05:45] | some kind of superorganism– | 一种超个体 |
[05:47] | but that’s more crazy than it is anything else. | 要说是什么 更多是疯狂 |
[05:49] | And it’s a hell of a long way off | 而且离怪罪在 |
[05:50] | from pinning the blame on Reiden Global. | 雷登国际上还远着呢 |
[05:52] | Look, Senator Vaughn is from my home district. | 沃恩参议员来自我家乡选区 |
[05:54] | He’s a good man. He will listen. | 他是个好人 会听进去的 |
[05:56] | Our theory is at least enough to get him | 我们的理论至少足以使他 |
[05:58] | to launch an investigation. | 开展调查 |
[06:00] | Look, I have classes, I have students. | 我还有课 有学生等着我 |
[06:04] | I have laundry. | 我还得洗衣服 |
[06:05] | I would think that if there’s even a possibility | 我以为如果有微小的可能性 |
[06:07] | that Reiden Global is turning lions into superorganisms, | 雷登国际在将狮子改造成超个体 |
[06:10] | that would be a priority for you, but it’s fine. | 你会以此事为先 不过无所谓了 |
[06:13] | I’ll just, um, take my findings to a guy I know at Caltech. | 我就拿我的发现去找加州理工学院的一个熟人吧 |
[06:16] | Oh, now they’re your findings? | 这还成你的发现了 |
[06:19] | This is the kind of stuff that leads to tenure | 这种事是能让你拿到终身任职资格的 |
[06:22] | and chairmanships. | 甚至当上主席 |
[06:24] | Appealing to what you perceive | 你想用这个刺激 |
[06:25] | to be my outsized ego lacks subtlety. | 你眼中自大 直肠子的我 |
[06:29] | And Louisiana is lovely this time of year. | 此时此刻最适合去路易斯安那州了 |
[06:38] | I recognize you from a handful of photos | 你父亲保存着几张你的照片 |
[06:40] | your father kept. | 所以我认出了你 |
[06:43] | I apologize, Minako. | 我很抱歉 美奈子 |
[06:45] | I had no idea that my father had got remarried. | 我完全不知道我父亲再婚了 |
[06:50] | Please sit. | 请坐吧 |
[06:53] | We met at Harvard six years ago. | 我们六年前在哈佛相遇 |
[06:56] | 请坐 [日语] | |
[06:57] | I was writing my thesis | 我正在写论文 |
[06:59] | on trophics interaction and plankton ecology, | 题目是营养交互和浮游生物生态学 |
[07:04] | and I became fascinated with Robert’s work on animal evolution. | 我对罗伯特在动物进化方面的研究很感兴趣 |
[07:08] | After he was fired from the university, | 他被学校开除后 |
[07:12] | he sunk into a deep depression. | 就一蹶不振 |
[07:15] | I convinced him to continue his work | 我说服了他继续他的研究 |
[07:18] | and offered to use my family’s money to sustain us. | 并用我家族的资产维持我们的生计 |
[07:23] | He was, at that time, quite penniless. | 他那时身无分文 |
[07:27] | So, you were with him during…? | 所以你是和他 |
[07:29] | His breakdown? | 共患难吗 |
[07:31] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:33] | Love is difficult. | 相爱是很艰难的 |
[07:37] | When you stick with someone during the hard times. | 特别是当你在困苦的时候还选择不离不弃时 |
[07:40] | But, of course, | 但 当然 |
[07:41] | that is when they need you the most. | 那也是他们最需要你的时候 |
[07:46] | If you have come now, | 既然你现在 |
[07:48] | two years after your father’s death, | 在你父亲逝世两年后来了 |
[07:51] | it must be because you need something. | 你肯定是有所求吧 |
[07:57] | A… A pride of male lions in Africa– | 非洲的一群雄狮 |
[08:01] | their-their behavior was, uh… | 它们 它们的行为 |
[08:05] | Troubling. | 令人费解 |
[08:07] | I believe that my father | 我认为我父亲的一些研究 |
[08:08] | may have additional research that can shed some further light | 应该能给我一些启迪 |
[08:11] | on the lions’, | 让我明白为什么 |
[08:13] | changing behavior. | 狮子行为剧变 |
[08:18] | So it has begun. | 果然还是开始了啊 |
[08:23] | The awakening of the animals’ cognitive acuity. | 动物认知锐度的觉醒 |
[08:30] | I would love to give you the rest of your father’s work, | 我很愿意将你父亲剩下的研究交给你 |
[08:32] | but it is not here. | 但是东西不在这里 |
[08:36] | It remains where he conducted his final experiments. | 那些研究在你父亲做最后实验的地方 |
[08:40] | Where is that? | 在哪里 |
[08:45] | Your father became paranoid. | 你父亲后来得了妄想症 |
[08:48] | He began hiding his findings. | 他开始藏他的研究发现 |
[08:50] | Coding everything, even from me. | 把一切都加密了 连我也不告诉 |
[08:53] | I finally convinced him that | 我最终说服了他 |
[08:55] | somebody other than himself needed to be | 告诉他除了他之外 |
[08:58] | in on his genius. | 别人也要了解他的天才研究 |
[09:00] | What are those? | 那是什么 |
[09:01] | Rads meters. | 辐射探测仪 |
[09:02] | You need to wear these at all times. | 你要一直把它戴在身上 |
[09:05] | They let us know when we’ve taken in too much radiation. | 这能让我们知道我们是否吸入了过量辐射 |
[09:09] | Why should we be worried about radiation exposure? | 我们为什么要担心辐射 |
[09:12] | Your father selected an island | 你父亲选择的岛屿 |
[09:14] | 30 kilometers outside of Fukushima. | 在福冈外30千米处 |
[09:17] | Fukushima? | 福冈 |
[09:19] | As in nuclear reactors, radiation leaks | 就是那个有过核反应堆 后来辐射泄漏 |
[09:23] | and deadly fallout? | 释放出致命微粒的福冈吗 |
[09:25] | He called it his “Ghost of Christmas Future.” | 他称其为”未来之灵” |
[09:29] | Coming to this island | 到这个岛上 |
[09:31] | worked for your father. | 为你的父亲工作 |
[09:33] | The last time we spoke, he was so thrilled. | 我们最后一次说话的时候 他激动万分 |
[09:37] | He said he finally understood. | 他说他终于明白了 |
[09:40] | Understood what? | 明白什么 |
[09:42] | I suspect… why the animal behavior was changing. | 我猜那应该和动物行为的剧变有关 |
[09:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:47] | He did not want to say over the phone. | 他不愿意在电话里说 |
[09:50] | But before I could make the trip out here… | 但我还没来得及来这里 |
[09:55] | That’s a bat. | 是蝙蝠 |
[09:56] | That’s flying a little high, isn’t it? | 它们飞得有点高 对吧 |
[09:58] | And a little too early in the day. | 出来的时间也太早了点 |
[10:03] | What’s going on out there? | 外面怎么回事 |
[10:09] | Mayday! Mayday! | 求救 求救 |
[10:53] | “The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, | 豺狼必与羔羊同食 |
[10:56] | and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock, | 狮子必与牛一样吃草 |
[10:59] | and dust shall be the serpent’s meat.” | 尘土必作蛇的食物 |
[11:05] | All done, Evan Lee. | 好了 埃文·李 |
[11:08] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[11:20] | “And God said, let the earth bring forth | 上帝说 地要生出活物来 |
[11:23] | the living creature after his kind.'” | 各从其类 |
[11:28] | The cattle and the creeping things | 牲畜 昆虫 |
[11:32] | and the beasts of the earth after his kind; | 野兽 各从其类 |
[11:36] | and it was so.” | 就这样成了 |
[11:40] | Let’s go, Evan Lee. | 走吧 埃文·李 |
[11:41] | Time to see the warden. | 该去见监狱长了 |
[11:47] | Evan Lee, I’d… | 埃文·李 我… |
[11:48] | like to get you to reconsider speaking to the widow. | 希望你能重新考虑一下跟那寡妇谈谈 |
[11:53] | It’s just kind of best for everybody if we just move on. | 向前看对大家而言都不失为一件好事 |
[11:56] | Answer’s still… no. | 我的回答还是…不行 |
[12:00] | Well, now, you… suit yourself. | 那好吧…随你便 |
[12:02] | But tomorrow night, you’re gonna be getting the needle. | 但明晚就得给你注射一针了 |
[12:04] | And if you really believed in a hereafter | 如果你真的相信有来世 |
[12:07] | and any kind of mercy there, | 相信下辈子会有好报的话 |
[12:09] | go and give the widow what she’s asking for. | 就答应那个寡妇的请求吧 |
[12:11] | I’m beyond mercy. | 我追求更高的仁爱 |
[12:15] | – Get him out of here. – Yes, sir. | -把他带走 -是 长官 |
[12:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:31] | Okay what? | 什么意思 |
[12:33] | Okay, you’re right. | 好的 你说得对 |
[12:39] | It’s time to make amends. | 是时候赎罪了 |
[12:46] | – Abe! – Over here. | -亚伯 -我在这 |
[12:47] | I can’t find the pilot! | 我没找到飞行员 |
[12:49] | Keep looking. | 继续找 |
[13:04] | Come on. | 醒醒 |
[13:15] | Come back. Come on. | 快醒醒 坚持住 |
[13:19] | The pilot is gone. | 飞行员不见了 |
[13:26] | Is she not breathing? | 她没呼吸了吗 |
[13:31] | Don’t stop. What are you doing? | 别停啊 你干什么 |
[13:32] | What are you doing? Don’t stop. | 你干什么呢 别停啊 |
[13:34] | – Jackson. – Come on. Come on. | -杰克逊 -醒醒 醒醒 |
[13:36] | – Jackson. Jackson. – Come on. Come on. | -杰克逊 杰克逊 -醒醒 快醒醒 |
[13:37] | – Come on! Come on! – Jackson. | -快醒醒啊 -杰克逊 |
[13:39] | Jackson! | 杰克逊 |
[13:54] | I still have no idea what help I can be. | 我还是不知道我能帮上什么忙 |
[13:57] | I study patterns. I process information. | 我研究的是人类行为 就只会处理信息 |
[13:59] | Your skill set is exactly what I need. | 你的技能正是我所需要的 |
[14:02] | Those poor people were attacked by dogs. | 可这几个可怜人是被狗袭击的 |
[14:04] | Presume the attack was human. | 假设攻击他们的是人类 |
[14:05] | – This is ridiculous. – Ridiculous? | -这太荒唐了 -荒唐吗 |
[14:07] | You mentioned that. Humor me. | 既然你提到了 说出来听听 |
[14:08] | Look with a different eye. | 换个视角来看待 |
[14:16] | The bodies in the morgue were in various states of decomposition, | 停尸房里的尸体呈现出了不同程度的腐烂 |
[14:20] | indicating the attacks took place over weeks. | 说明袭击事件持续时间长达数周 |
[14:25] | It is clear why the victims weren’t discovered | 为何受害者短时间内没被人发现 |
[14:27] | for some time, but why were they not missed? | 这点显而易见 可为何没人找他们呢 |
[14:32] | Perhaps they were targeted because… | 或许他们被盯上正是因为… |
[14:34] | they had few ties to the community. | 他们没什么社会关系 |
[14:36] | For instance…? | 比如说呢 |
[14:38] | Visitors. | 比如访客 |
[14:41] | People without roots in the city or the area. | 他们的家不在这座城市或这个地区 |
[14:44] | Tourists. | 游客 |
[14:45] | Good. Anything else? | 很好 还有吗 |
[14:47] | It’s a question of motive. | 还有动机的问题 |
[14:51] | If the victims were killed | 如果受害者的被杀 |
[14:52] | with no possible gain to their killers… | 对凶手并没有任何好处的话… |
[14:55] | What? | 怎样 |
[14:56] | If we were dealing with a human suspect– | 要是嫌犯是人类的话… |
[14:59] | multiple victims over time, | 长时间出现了多名受害者 |
[15:01] | murdered in a place where their bodies wouldn’t be discovered– | 在一个尸体不容易被找到的地方惨遭杀害 |
[15:05] | there would only be one possible explanation. | 那就只有一个解释 |
[15:07] | What is that? | 是什么 |
[15:09] | They’re honing their skills. | 他们在磨练杀人技巧 |
[15:10] | – Honing their skills? – Yes. But why? | -磨练杀人技巧 -是的 可为什么呢 |
[15:14] | This was not humans but dogs. | 凶手不是人 而是狗 |
[15:18] | What purpose would it serve them to be more efficient murderers? | 它们为什么想成为手法娴熟的杀人犯呢 |
[15:21] | You do understand the problem. | 你其实清楚问题所在 |
[15:24] | The question remains: | 还是那个问题 |
[15:26] | are you willing to join me | 你是否愿意跟我一起 |
[15:29] | and do something about it? | 找出事情的真相 |
[15:38] | I apologize, miss, I can’t read your card, | 抱歉 女士 这张卡无法读取 |
[15:40] | because it’s saying your credit card is declined. | 上面提示您的信用卡已被拒 |
[15:42] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[15:44] | – Could you try it again? – Sure. | -能再试一次吗 -当然 |
[15:45] | Well, I knew the newspaper biz was in the weeds, | 我早听说新闻行业日渐萧条 |
[15:48] | but getting a corporate card knocked back… | 但连公司信用卡都会被拒就… |
[15:51] | Actually, now it’s saying to cut up the card. | 事实上 上面说要销毁这张卡 |
[15:53] | No, no, no. That-that won’t be necessary. | 不不不 这就没必要了 |
[15:58] | Alright, okay. | 那好吧 |
[15:59] | Suppose we can use one of mine. | 看来得用我的了 |
[16:02] | I’m sure The Telegraph will reimburse me. | 我相信《洛杉矶电讯报》会给我报销的 |
[16:08] | Right? | 会吗 |
[16:11] | This trip has nothing to do with The Telegraph, does it? | 这趟旅程和《洛杉矶电讯报》没关系 对吗 |
[16:14] | It did. | 有关 |
[16:15] | And then it didn’t. | 可又无关了 |
[16:16] | Because I was fired. | 因为我被解雇了 |
[16:19] | I spent my last $800 getting us here. I’m sorry. | 我花了最后八百块钱带我们来这 我很抱歉 |
[16:22] | I know I shouldn’t have lied to you, | 我知道我不该骗你 |
[16:23] | but I did it for a good reason. | 但我这么是有合理原因的 |
[16:25] | Yeah. That’s the problem with you. | 这正是你的问题所在 |
[16:27] | Your “good reason” barometer is on the fritz. | 你的”合理理由”晴雨表出毛病了 |
[16:30] | Wait, where are you going? | 慢着 你去哪 |
[16:32] | We still have a meeting with the senator. | 我们还要和参议员开会呢 |
[16:34] | You have a meeting with the senator. | 你去和参议员开会吧 |
[16:35] | I’m getting on the next flight back to L.A. | 我要搭下一班回洛杉矶的航班 |
[16:37] | Call your guy at Caltech. | 找那个加州理工学院的人去吧 |
[16:39] | Although, unlike me, the guys at Caltech are smart. | 不像我 加州理工学院的人很聪明 |
[16:41] | They’re not gonna fall for your Reiden ramblings. | 他们不会相信你那些关于雷登的胡说八道 |
[16:43] | No, no. Wait, wait, wait. | 不 等一下 等一下 |
[16:44] | The flight doesn’t leave for eight hours. | 飞机八小时后才起飞 |
[16:46] | Yeah, I’ll get one of those chair massages. | 对 我要去享受享受座椅按摩 |
[16:47] | A really long one. | 长时间享受 |
[16:48] | Or you could spend two of those eight hours | 或者你也可以把八小时中的两小时 |
[16:51] | meeting the senator, | 花在见参议员上 |
[16:52] | laying out the findings that | 展示这些发现 |
[16:54] | could eventually lead | 可能会帮你 |
[16:56] | to your securing a-a Nobel Prize. | 稳拿一个诺贝尔奖 |
[17:00] | A Nobel Prize? | 诺贝尔奖 |
[17:01] | Okay, maybe not a Nobel Prize | 好吧 也许拿不到诺贝尔奖 |
[17:03] | but-but a different kind of prize. | 但可能拿到别的什么奖 |
[17:06] | The kind of prize that makes you feel really good about yourself. | 某种能让你自我感觉良好的奖 |
[17:13] | Come on, Mitch. | 拜托 米奇 |
[17:14] | Can I- can I at least show you something first? | 至少先让我给你看点东西吧 |
[17:25] | The pilot sent an SOS beacon | 飞行员在我们下落的时候 |
[17:27] | on our way down. We can expect a rescue. | 发送了求救信标 我们可以等待救援 |
[17:30] | But in who knows how long? | 但谁知道要等多久 |
[17:35] | How do hundreds of bats fly 5,000 feet higher | 为什么数以百计的蝙蝠 |
[17:38] | than they normally do? | 飞得比正常情况高1500米 |
[17:40] | Perhaps the radiation? | 也许是因为辐射 |
[17:46] | How far do you think it is to my father’s compound? | 你觉得距离我爸爸的秘密地点还有多远 |
[17:49] | From the plane, maybe three kilometers. | 可能距离飞机三千米 |
[17:54] | We could make it there and back before the rescue arrives. | 在救援到来之前 我们可以走个往返 |
[17:56] | This thing survived the crash. | 坠机后这东西幸免于难 |
[17:58] | But I don’t even know what these numbers mean. | 但我不明白这些数字是什么意思 |
[18:00] | Green. | 绿色的 |
[18:03] | Maybe we’re safe. | 也许我们很安全 |
[18:22] | “The wolf shall also dwell with the lamb, | “豺狼必与绵羊羔同居 |
[18:26] | “and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; | 豹子与山羊羔同卧 |
[18:30] | “and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; | 少壮狮子与牛犊 并肥畜同群 |
[18:35] | and a little child shall lead them.” | 小孩子要牵引他们” |
[18:38] | Ms. Blanchard, thank you for taking the time to come down. | 布兰查德小姐 感谢您抽时间过来 |
[18:41] | I was surprised to get your call. | 接到你的电话我很惊讶 |
[18:45] | Well, most death row inmates, in the end, | 多数死刑犯到了生命的最后时刻 |
[18:48] | they like to clear their conscience before execution. | 想在被执行死刑前洗脱自己的罪过 |
[18:51] | I hadn’t held out much hope for Evan Lee, | 我本来对埃文·李不抱什么希望 |
[18:53] | but, well, here we are. | 但我们竟然做到了 |
[19:05] | I can’t believe she’s dead. | 我不敢相信她死了 |
[19:08] | Jackson, we did everything we could for her. | 杰克逊 我们对她已经尽力了 |
[19:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:12] | But I would have liked to have thanked her. | 但我本想谢谢她的 |
[19:15] | For sticking by him. | 感谢她陪伴他 |
[19:17] | It’s a hell of a lot more than my mother and I did. | 她做的比我和我妈多得多 |
[19:20] | Well, from everything you told me, | 从你告诉我的看来 |
[19:22] | that was the best thing that could have happened to all of you. | 那是你们最好的情况了 |
[19:26] | But what if we were wrong and he was right? | 但万一我们是错的而他是正确的呢 |
[19:29] | Is it possible that we were looking at the situation | 有没有可能我们完全看错了 |
[19:31] | all wrong? | 当前的形势呢 |
[19:32] | What we thought was a man on the edge of sanity was actually | 万一被我们当成疯子的人 |
[19:35] | a man on the verge of an extraordinary evolutionary breakthrough. | 其实处在革命性突破的边缘呢 |
[19:40] | Perception can sometimes stain reality. | 有时直觉会蒙蔽事实 |
[19:44] | It is why I don’t tell everybody about my past. | 所以我不会向所有人讲述我的过去 |
[19:48] | We should keep going. | 我们应该继续前进 |
[19:50] | 南希·坎贝尔 1967—2000 亲爱的妻子和母亲 | |
[20:08] | I was 11 when my mom got sick. | 我妈妈生病的时候我11岁 |
[20:11] | She was one of the first ones. | 她是最先生病的那批人之一 |
[20:13] | Eventually, there were 26 more. | 最终 还有26人死去 |
[20:16] | 26 formerly healthy members of the community. | 以前社区中健康的26个人 |
[20:21] | Cancer clusters. | 癌症集群 |
[20:24] | We tried to make a case, but… | 我们试着起诉 但是… |
[20:27] | by then, Reiden was this… | 那时候雷登是 |
[20:29] | huge, monolithic super-corporation, | 一家庞大的超级集团 |
[20:31] | and we were just a bunch of sick farmers in a tidewater town. | 我们只是一群恹恹的海滨小镇农民 |
[20:37] | And who knows what causes cancer, right? | 谁知道癌症的诱因是什么 |
[20:42] | All you can do to avoid it, | 唯一能避免得癌症的 |
[20:46] | good luck and good genetics. | 就只有好运和好基因了吧 |
[20:50] | Or so the thinking goes. | 至少大家都这么认为 |
[20:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:02] | Do you have family? | 你有家人吗 |
[21:03] | I never asked. | 我从来没问过 |
[21:07] | Yeah, we’re not close. | 有 但我们不亲密 |
[21:09] | As you can imagine, | 你可以想象 |
[21:12] | I’m an acquired taste. | 我这个人不好相处 |
[21:15] | Yeah, in the beginning. | 开始是不好相处 |
[21:17] | In the end, though, you come through. | 但到最后就会发现你的好了 |
[21:27] | Anyway, I wanted to bring you here | 不管怎么说 我带你到这来 |
[21:29] | to show you that I wasn’t completely nuts. | 是想证明我并不是疯了 |
[21:36] | I’m just very, very angry. | 我只是非常非常气愤 |
[21:48] | This must be the place. | 一定就是这里了 |
[21:50] | What’s the radiation level? | 辐射强度怎么样 |
[21:52] | It’s up to yellow. | 升到黄色了 |
[21:53] | We need to get in and then get out. | 我们得速去速回 |
[22:07] | Dear Lord. | 天呐 |
[22:09] | Who removed their eyes? | 谁把它们的眼睛挖去了 |
[22:12] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[22:13] | It’s okay. It’s okay, boy. | 没事的 哥们别害怕 |
[22:16] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[22:17] | Don’t worry. Don’t worry. It’s okay. | 别害怕 没事的 |
[22:21] | Don’t worry. Don’t worry. It’s okay. | 别害怕 别害怕 |
[22:31] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[22:43] | Jackson? | 杰克逊 |
[22:46] | What exactly was your father doing here? | 你父亲到底在这里干了些什么 |
[22:51] | Thank you for making the time for us, Senator. | 感谢您能抽空见我们 议员先生 |
[22:56] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[22:58] | Beautiful. | 真美 |
[23:00] | Bag that yourself? | 您自己捕获的吗 |
[23:01] | In Alaska, my 40th birthday. | 在阿拉斯加 我40岁生日的时候 |
[23:06] | Reiden Global. | 雷登国际 |
[23:09] | We have been fighting that fight for some time, | 这场战斗持续有一阵子了 |
[23:11] | haven’t we, Ms. Campbell? | 对吗 坎贝尔小姐 |
[23:12] | Yes, we have, Senator, but Dr. Morgan has found | 是的 议员先生 但摩根博士发现了 |
[23:16] | the smoking gun we’ve been waiting for. | 我们期待已久的确凿证据 |
[23:20] | Yeah. Right. | 是的 |
[23:23] | It’s possible that a new mutation is allowing lions | 有可能是新的突变让 |
[23:25] | in Los Angeles to communicate with each other | 洛杉矶的狮子可以 |
[23:28] | over long distances. | 远距离彼此交流 |
[23:30] | Functioning as some sort of superorganism. | 像某种超个体那样运作 |
[23:33] | Although the evidence of this is observational, | 虽然这个证据是观测得来的 |
[23:35] | not quantitative. | 不是定量的 |
[23:36] | Uh, what Dr. Morgan didn’t mention is | 有一点摩根博士没有说到 |
[23:38] | that the mutation in the lions, | 狮子的突变 |
[23:41] | and some disturbing behavior we witnessed in cats, | 和我们在猫身上看到的反常行为 |
[23:44] | was preceded by exposure to Reiden pesticides. | 是以暴露于雷登杀虫剂之下为前提的 |
[23:48] | We can finally show | 我们终于可以证明 |
[23:49] | that Reiden is radically altering animal genetic code. | 是雷登彻底地改变了动物的遗传密码 |
[23:52] | I have been | 我和你一起 |
[23:53] | with you on this, Jamie, from the beginning. | 从一开始就在关注这个事情 杰米 |
[23:56] | But as is the case sometimes | 但有时候这种事 |
[23:58] | in these matters, things change. | 情况是会变的 |
[24:01] | What things? | 什么情况 |
[24:03] | See those shelves? | 看到这些书架了吗 |
[24:04] | That is the result | 这些都是 |
[24:06] | of the investigations my committee has launched | 委员会发起的针对雷登国际 |
[24:08] | into Reiden Global. For every motion we file, | 进行调查的结果 我们提出一个动议 |
[24:10] | they file ten. | 他们就提出十个 |
[24:11] | For every lawyer we have, they have a dozen. | 我们请一个律师 他们就请一打 |
[24:14] | Reiden is just too powerful. | 雷登权势太大了 |
[24:17] | They’re everywhere! | 他们无所不在 |
[24:18] | – Well, Senator, this… – I know | -议员先生 这… -我知道 |
[24:20] | this has been important to you for some time, Ms. Campbell, | 这一直对你来说至关重要 坎贝尔小姐 |
[24:23] | but it is over. | 但这件事到此为止 |
[24:25] | Well, | 好了 |
[24:26] | we should go, Jamie. | 我们该告辞了 杰米 |
[24:27] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:28] | Knowing when there’s | 知晓何时 |
[24:30] | no longer any sense in a fight, Jamie, | 战斗会变得毫无意义 杰米 |
[24:32] | is what separates the proud from the pathetic. | 是胜者与败者的分界线 |
[24:37] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[24:47] | Senator? | 议员先生 |
[24:49] | I did my grad school thesis | 我的毕业论文研究的是 |
[24:50] | on the inverse proportionality of taxidermy wall mounts | 挂墙动物标本大小和主人生殖器尺寸的 |
[24:53] | to their owners’ penis size. | 反比关系 |
[24:56] | My condolences to your wife. | 对您妻子表示同情 |
[25:16] | I’ll check for a generator. | 我去看看有没有发电机 |
[25:32] | Found the horses’ eyeballs. | 马眼找到了 |
[25:37] | Lovely. | 真好看 |
[25:46] | – I think I know why he came here. – What do you mean? | -我觉得我知道他为何来这了 -什么意思 |
[25:50] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[25:51] | He came here because of the radiation, | 他来这里就是因为这里有辐射 |
[25:54] | because the animals were already changing. | 因为动物已经发生了变化 |
[25:56] | But he was already experimenting on animals back in Boston. | 但他已经在波士顿进行动物实验了 |
[26:00] | Yes, on changes and behavior that were naturally occurring, | 是的 有关自然出现的变化和行为实验 |
[26:03] | but I think here, | 但我认为在这里 |
[26:05] | he realized the radiation accelerated changes | 他意识到辐射加速了 |
[26:08] | in the animals’ biological makeup and behavior. | 动物生理构造和行为的改变 |
[26:11] | He would go to such lengths, | 即使对自身健康不利 |
[26:14] | even to the detriment of his own health? | 他也要进行深入研究 |
[26:16] | It’s exactly what he would do. | 他一定会那么做的 |
[26:19] | This entire island was his petri dish. | 这整座岛屿就是他的培养皿 |
[26:24] | The Ghost of Christmas Future. | 未来之灵 |
[26:26] | …that they have the capacity and capability to move planet. | 它们有潜能及本领去宰制整个星球 |
[26:33] | This question is as the primary question of the brain in both | 这是动物及人类的脑部 |
[26:37] | animals and humans | 最主要的问题 |
[26:41] | that they have the capacity and capability to move planet. | 即它们有潜能及本领去宰制整个星球 |
[26:44] | Gentle! | 轻一点 |
[26:47] | Bring it down! Bring it down! Bring it down! | 放倒它 放倒它 放倒它 |
[26:49] | Bring it down! No! No! No! | 放倒它 不 不 不 |
[26:52] | He looks like he’s aged | 好像比我 |
[26:53] | 30 years since I last saw him. | 上次见他时老了30岁 |
[26:56] | Easy! Get the lead rope! | 放轻松 把牵绳拿来 |
[26:58] | You see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[27:02] | The defiant pupil. | 挑衅的瞳孔 |
[27:05] | Just like the lions. | 就像那群狮子一样 |
[27:14] | So Vic, who owns this place– | 维克是这家餐厅的老板 |
[27:16] | he’s kept the decorations up for 15 years. | 他已经维持这些装饰15年了 |
[27:19] | Since his wife died Christmas Eve. | 自从他妻子在平安夜过世之后 |
[27:22] | How very Miss Havisham of him. | 跟郝薇香小姐真像 |
[27:28] | All right, is this what you’re gonna do? | 好吧 这就是你要做的吗 |
[27:30] | “Bartender, pour me another”? | “酒保 再给我一杯” |
[27:32] | You’re gonna drown your sorrows ’cause of a little setback? | 你要因为一点小挫折借酒消愁吗 |
[27:35] | A little setback? | 一点小挫折 |
[27:38] | Dude, I don’t have a job. | 老兄 我失业了 |
[27:40] | I don’t have an apartment. | 我没有房子 |
[27:42] | I don’t have any money. | 也没钱了 |
[27:44] | And the last best chance I had of nailing these bastards | 可以打倒这些混蛋的最好人选 |
[27:47] | just showed us the door. | 刚把我赶出门 |
[27:53] | – Encore. – Yes, ma’am. | -再一杯 -没问题 |
[27:58] | Yeah, I was awful to my mother | 在我妈生病的最后一年里 |
[28:00] | the last year she was sick. | 我对她很不好 |
[28:03] | You were a kid. | 你当时还小 |
[28:06] | Kids’ brains access fear more easily than they do compassion. | 孩子的脑部比较能感受恐惧而非同情 |
[28:10] | Fear of losing your mother made empathy impossible. | 害怕失去母亲 让你很难有同情心 |
[28:14] | I was ashamed of her. | 我当时以她为耻 |
[28:16] | Of her baldness. | 以她的秃头为耻 |
[28:20] | Maybe that’s why you’re doing this. | 可能这就是你这样的原因吧 |
[28:22] | Why you’re off on this crusade. | 你放弃的原因 |
[28:24] | Hmm? Make things right? | 我说对了吗 |
[28:27] | Well, no kidding, Sigmund. | 答对了 西格蒙德 |
[28:27] | Sigmund Freud | 西格蒙德·弗洛伊德 著名心理学家 |
[28:32] | Okay, listen. | 好 听着 |
[28:33] | Maybe I can work on the theory back at the lab. | 或许我可以回实验室研究我们的理论 |
[28:35] | Few more tests, I can come up with something | 再做一些检验 我可以找到一些证据 |
[28:37] | that even Reiden Global and their legion | 甚至雷登国际跟他们的律师团 |
[28:40] | – of lawyers can’t deny. – No. No. | -都无法否认 -不 不 |
[28:43] | Don’t bother. It’s over. | 不用麻烦了 已经结束了 |
[28:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:49] | Look, I really appreciate everything | 我真的很感谢 |
[28:50] | that you’ve done so far, but… | 你做的一切 但是 |
[28:53] | there’s nothing for me there. | 不会有任何结果的 |
[28:57] | I’m gonna go call my uncle. | 我要打给我舅舅 |
[28:58] | See if I can crash with him till my next setback. | 问问能不能先住在他家 直到下个挫折出现 |
[29:08] | Mitchell Morgan. | 米奇·摩根 |
[29:13] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[29:25] | As you can see, the matter is rather urgent. | 如你所见 情况紧急 |
[29:31] | So you claim. | 你认为的而已 |
[29:33] | Mystery Man in a Very Nice Suit. | 穿高级西装的神秘男子 |
[29:37] | I’m in town, actually. | 其实我现在在城里 |
[29:40] | Yeah. Yeah, for work. | 对 对 出差 |
[29:43] | Yep. With the paper. | 对 报社的公差 |
[29:47] | I, um… | 我… |
[29:49] | I was thinking maybe we could… | 我在想或许我们可以 |
[29:51] | we could catch up. | 我们可以聚聚 |
[29:53] | Yeah. Yeah. Uh, I’d love to come by. | 好 好 我愿意过去 |
[29:57] | I thought you’d jump at the chance, | 我以为你会赶快抓住这个机会 |
[29:59] | with the funding in your department severely cut, | 因为你的部门预算被严重削减 |
[30:03] | your proposal for a state-of-the-art lab | 你要求的先进实验室 |
[30:06] | being turned down, | 被拒绝了 |
[30:09] | and your fervent desire for confirmation as to whether or not | 还有你亟欲想确定 |
[30:14] | lions can now communicate over long distances. | 狮子是否可以远距离沟通 |
[30:20] | Mystery Man in a Very Nice Suit Who Knows Things. | 消息灵通的穿高级西装的神秘男子 |
[30:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:28] | All right, I’m in. | 好吧 我加入 |
[30:31] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[30:32] | On one condition. | 但有一个条件 |
[30:46] | I’m surprised you agreed to see me. | 我没想到你愿意见我 |
[30:50] | Seems it’s God’s will. | 似乎是上帝的旨意 |
[30:52] | Well, some might say a veiled attempt | 有些人可能会说 这是一种含蓄的尝试 |
[30:55] | to stave off any kind of unforeseen unpleasantness | 企图在来世避免任何 |
[31:00] | in the hereafter. | 不可预见的不愉快 |
[31:02] | But I don’t answer to them, | 但我不会回应他们 |
[31:04] | Miss Blanchard, only to you. | 布兰查德小姐 我只回应你 |
[31:06] | It’s Mrs. | 是布兰查德太太 |
[31:10] | You’ve always maintained your innocence. | 你一直宣称自己是清白的 |
[31:14] | But I need the truth, Mr. Hartley. | 但我需要知道真相 哈特利先生 |
[31:18] | Did you kill my husband? | 你杀了我丈夫吗 |
[31:25] | I wasn’t always like this. | 我不总是如此 |
[31:29] | Lusting. | 好色 |
[31:31] | Craving. | 饥渴 |
[31:35] | We played God. | 我们扮演上帝 |
[31:37] | And we paid a horrible price. | 也付出了惨重的代价 |
[31:41] | I was out there looking for the cure. | 我当时出去寻找解药 |
[31:44] | Out there in the woods. | 去了树林里 |
[31:47] | That night, seeing your husband and his friends | 看到你丈夫和他的朋友们 |
[31:51] | on that hunting trip… | 那晚在打猎 |
[31:55] | It triggered something. | 触动了我的神经 |
[31:59] | Watching men celebrate murder. | 看着他们在庆祝谋杀 |
[32:04] | They made it easy. | 他们给了我理由 |
[32:06] | Easy to kill. | 轻易杀人是理由 |
[32:10] | Your husband was the first. | 你丈夫是第一个死的 |
[32:13] | He was a little slower than the rest. | 他比其他人跑得慢点 |
[32:16] | I took him down fast. | 我先抓住了他 |
[32:19] | You should know | 你要知道 |
[32:20] | he didn’t suffer, Miss Blanchard. | 他没受苦 布兰查德小姐 |
[32:22] | – My knife is fast. – Mrs. | -我的刀很快 -是太太 |
[32:26] | And before I got caught, | 在我被捕之前 |
[32:27] | I was out there looking for another hunting party. | 我还在寻找另一群打猎的人 |
[32:30] | ‘Cause it had become… | 因为它变成了… |
[32:34] | It is now… | 现在成了… |
[32:37] | my nature. | 我的本性 |
[32:39] | I know you got questions about what I did. | 我知道你对我做的事有很多疑问 |
[32:43] | But all the answers are right here, Miss Blanchard. | 但所有的答案都在这里面 布兰查德小姐 |
[32:47] | Damn it, it’s Mrs. | 可恶 是太太 |
[32:49] | – Mrs. Blanchard. – Is it, though? | -布兰查德太太 -是吗 |
[32:53] | Is it still? | 现在还是吗 |
[32:55] | You see, I thought I removed the “Mrs.” | 我以为我挖出了丹尼尔的心以后 |
[32:59] | when I removed Daniel’s heart. | 你就不再是”太太”了 |
[33:02] | Guard! I want to leave! Now! | 警卫 我要马上离开 |
[33:05] | Guard! Open this door right now! | 警卫 快开门 |
[33:07] | Open up the gate. | 开门 |
[33:09] | Day 47. | 第四十七天 |
[33:10] | The defiant pupil has been present for 16 days. | 挑衅的瞳孔已经出现十六天了 |
[33:14] | I have failed in isolating and reversing the mutations. | 我无法隔离和改变变异动物 |
[33:17] | The horses are becoming increasingly aggressive. | 马匹变得十分好斗 |
[33:20] | This is impossible. | 这要我怎么看 |
[33:21] | Everything is in code. | 所有东西都加密了 |
[33:26] | A little help here, Jackson? | 帮我一下行吗 杰克逊 |
[33:30] | The eyes are the window to the soul. | 眼睛是心灵的窗户 |
[33:32] | How does that help to decode this stuff? | 这句话怎么就能帮我解密了 |
[33:34] | Like you said before, | 像你以前说过的 |
[33:36] | perception stains reality. | 直觉会蒙蔽现实 |
[33:39] | What if… | 如果… |
[33:42] | the defiant pupil is a signifier | “挑衅的瞳孔”是表示 |
[33:45] | that the way the animals see the world is now changing? | 动物看待世界的方法改变了呢 |
[33:49] | It’s affecting how they interpret what they see. | 影响到了它们对所见之物的理解 |
[33:54] | What used to be a friend is now an enemy. | 以前是朋友的 现在成了敌人 |
[33:58] | And because of this, | 而正因为这个 |
[34:01] | their behavior is changing. | 它们的行为也改变了 |
[34:03] | What if that’s what my father had discovered, | 如果我父亲发现的是这个 |
[34:06] | and he thought that the only way to change them back | 然后认为能把动物变回去的唯一办法 |
[34:11] | was to remove their eyes. | 是挖掉它们的眼睛 |
[34:13] | He couldn’t blind every animal in the world. | 他没法把世界上所有动物的眼睛都挖出来啊 |
[34:15] | No. I mean, of course not. Right? | 当然没办法 对不对 |
[34:17] | That’s-that’s just ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[34:18] | Only a crazy person would… think that. | 只有疯子才会…这么想 |
[34:25] | The radiation on the island seemed to accelerate | 岛上的辐射似乎加速了 |
[34:27] | the horses’ violent behavior. | 马匹的暴力行为 |
[34:30] | Equine number 12 | 第十二号马匹 |
[34:32] | at one point attacked my assistant… | 袭击了我的助手 |
[34:39] | …biting her hand, | 咬了她的手 |
[34:40] | removing two fingers. | 咬断了两根手指 |
[34:43] | At this point, I had to act. | 此时此刻 我该行动了 |
[34:49] | Ten minutes. | 十分钟 |
[34:50] | Then I get to watch you eat your last meal. | 然后我就要看你吃上路饭了 |
[34:54] | What’d you ask for? | 你想吃什么 |
[34:56] | Fish sticks. | 炸鱼排 |
[35:27] | Jackson? | 杰克逊 |
[35:30] | What is it? | 什么 |
[35:36] | I remember this day. | 我记得这天 |
[35:38] | We were in Western Mass. | 我们在马萨诸塞州西部 |
[35:41] | We’d gone to go observe a family of deer. | 去观察一个鹿群 |
[35:44] | You see? A joyful piece of your father still remains. | 看到没 你父亲还是给你留下过快乐的回忆的 |
[35:50] | Yeah. Alongside the guy | 是啊 我站在个 |
[35:52] | who thought he could blind all of God’s creatures. | 认为自己有权弄瞎所有动物的人边上 |
[36:04] | It’s quiet. | 好安静 |
[36:08] | Why isn’t… | 为什么… |
[36:13] | The meter has stopped working. | 计量器停止工作了 |
[36:18] | That can’t be good. | 这不是好兆头 |
[36:35] | Hey! We’re here! | 我们在这里 |
[36:51] | Let’s go, Mr. Oz, Mr. Kenyatta! | 我们走 奥兹和肯亚塔先生 |
[36:53] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[36:54] | There will be time to answer your questions, | 有问题以后再问 |
[36:55] | but first we must get you out of here. | 我们先离开这里 |
[36:58] | Quickly, s’il vous plait. | 快 等一下 |
[37:06] | You do realize we just traveled halfway around the world | 你知道就因为随便一个法国人找我们 |
[37:08] | because some random French guy asked us to, right? | 我们环绕了地球大半圈吧 |
[37:11] | Anything’s better than that Christmas bar. | 总比在那个圣诞酒吧里好吧 |
[37:20] | Jackson Oz, Abraham Kenyatta, | 杰克逊·奥兹 亚伯拉罕·肯亚塔 |
[37:23] | Dr. Mitch Morgan and Jamie Campbell. | 米奇·摩根博士 杰米·坎贝尔 |
[37:27] | I know you all have many questions, | 我知道你们有很多疑问 |
[37:29] | but if you’ll please take a seat. | 但先请坐吧 |
[37:33] | I know this was difficult, but I’d like to think | 我知道你很难接受 但我觉得 |
[37:36] | at least it brought you some small measure of closure. | 最起码有些东西也算有个了结了 |
[37:39] | It didn’t. | 根本没有 |
[37:41] | Thank you for coming, Ms. Blanchard. | 谢谢过来 布兰查德小姐 |
[37:55] | Damn shame to go and get murdered | 家里有那种尤物等着 |
[37:58] | when you got that fine thing waiting at home. | 人却在外被谋杀了 真可惜了啊 |
[38:08] | No, no, no, no! | 不要啊 |
[38:19] | Deputy, help! | 警官 救命啊 |
[38:23] | Open the gate! | 打开门 |
[38:58] | Warning– the front gate has been breached. | 警告 前门被攻破 |
[39:00] | The prison is locked down. | 监狱关住了 |
[39:01] | Get out of here! Get out of here! | 快跑 快跑啊 |
[39:15] | Okay, this is weird. | 氛围好奇怪啊 |
[39:16] | Yeah. What exactly are we waiting for? | 对 我们到底在等什么 |
[39:19] | Monsieur… Delavane. | 戴勒维恩先生 |
[39:26] | Greetings. I apologize for all the cloak and dagger. | 大家好 抱歉这么神神秘秘的 |
[39:36] | The four of you are here | 请你们四位前来 |
[39:37] | because your suspicions over these last few weeks are correct. | 是因为你们对近期发生之事的怀疑是正确的 |
[39:42] | You are all aware of lion killings | 大家都知道博茨瓦纳和洛杉矶的 |
[39:44] | in Botswana and Los Angeles. | 狮子袭击人类事件吧 |
[39:46] | But there have also been a series of dog attacks in Slovenia. | 但是斯洛文尼亚还发生了一系列的狗袭击人类事件 |
[39:50] | And in Japan, hundreds of bats swarmed a plane | 还有在日本 成百上千只蝙蝠蜂拥上一架飞机 |
[39:54] | and brought it down into the ocean. | 害飞机坠海了 |
[40:04] | In Jakarta, three Sumatran rhinoceros | 在雅加达 三头苏门答腊犀牛 |
[40:07] | turned over an SUV belonging to a family of Norwegian tourists. | 拱翻了一家挪威游客的越野车 |
[40:11] | The rhinos waited for the family– | 犀牛等那一家人 |
[40:13] | father, mother, two children– | 父亲 母亲 两个孩子 |
[40:15] | to exit the vehicle and then trampled them. | 从车里出来后 把他们踩死了 |
[40:20] | In Wuppertal, Germany, | 在德国的伍珀塔尔 |
[40:22] | six brown bears came out of the Kothen Forest, | 六头棕熊从柯腾森林里跑出来 |
[40:25] | making their way to a playground in mid-afternoon. | 在下午三点左右一路到了一个游乐场 |
[40:29] | The massacre that followed left | 之后棕熊大开杀戒 |
[40:30] | seven children dead and another 14 injured. | 害死了七个孩子 并还有十四人受伤 |
[40:36] | Taken individually, each of these incidents | 单个来看 这些事件 |
[40:39] | can just be seen as a horrific, tragic event. | 可以被看做是恐怖的意外 |
[40:49] | 发生火灾 启动紧急方案 | |
[40:51] | I believe… | 我认为… |
[40:54] | …they are evidence of something else. | 有证据证明这都不是意外 |
[40:56] | And what is that, exactly? | 那是什么 |
[40:58] | The global pandemic your father believed | 你父亲所说的全球性流行病 |
[41:00] | was about to emerge. | 就要发生了 |
[41:02] | It appears… | 照目前情况看 |
[41:04] | it has arrived. | 其实已经发生了 |
[41:09] | Sorry– his father? | 抱歉 他父亲是谁 |
[41:12] | Professor Robert Oz. | 罗伯特·奥兹教授 |
[41:18] | – Help me! – We’re all here because you believe | -救命啊 -我们来此是因为你认为 |
[41:22] | that the scientific theories of a notorious crackpot | 一个臭名昭著的疯子的理论 |
[41:26] | are now coming to pass? | 即将成真吗 |
[41:27] | Watch yourself, scrawny. | 说话注意点 小子 |
[41:29] | Mitch Morgan, as advertised. | 说过了 他叫米奇·摩根 |
[41:31] | This is all very interesting and definitely disturbing, | 你说的很有意思 而且让人满是疑虑 |
[41:35] | but none of this proves anything. | 但这什么都说明不了 |
[41:38] | Certainly not the coming of the animal apocalypse. | 当然更不是什么动物末日即将到来 |
[41:43] | That’s why I had Monsieur Alves | 所以我才让阿尔维斯先生 |
[41:45] | bring the five of you together. | 把你们五个人聚集起来了 |
[41:47] | Five? I count four. | 五个 这里就四个啊 |
[41:52] | This is Chloe Tousignant. | 这是克洛伊·图赛尼尔 |
[41:55] | She will also be working with you. | 她也会跟大家一起合作 |
[41:57] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[41:58] | Ms. Tousignant will function as my proxy. | 图赛尼尔小姐会代表我 |
[42:04] | Come on, come on, open up! | 快 快打开啊 |
[42:06] | As my eyes and my ears. | 处理一切事宜 |
[42:10] | Let’s go! | 快跑 |
[42:15] | Every decision that is made will go through her. | 任何决定必须都经过她的同意 |
[42:18] | Ms. Tousignant… is in charge. | 一切都是图赛尼尔小姐说了算 |
[42:28] | Something is most assuredly going on out there. | 目前发生的事绝对不是意外 |
[42:35] | All we want is for you to figure out what it is. | 我们只想要大家弄明白到底是怎么回事 |
[42:47] | Before it’s too late. | 趁还没酿成大祸 |