时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | He’s one of yours? | 他是你的人吧 |
[00:03] | He’s working with the Americans now. | 他现在为美国人卖命了 |
[00:05] | I’m going to kill him for you, and then we’ll be even. | 我会为你杀了他 然后我们就扯平了 |
[00:08] | You do make a pretty good team. | 你们俩能成为不错的团队 |
[00:10] | He’s not bad for Central Intelligence. | 就一个中情局成员来说他还不赖 |
[00:13] | What’s the Robertson Panel? | 罗伯森调查小组是什么 |
[00:15] | It seems Central Intelligence | 看起来中情局 |
[00:17] | will put the US Air Force on trial. | 要让美国空军受审 |
[00:19] | With a full investigation into Project Blue Book. | 全面调查蓝皮书计划 |
[00:21] | Ufology, the-the classification system? | 不明飞行物学 分类系统 |
[00:23] | Close encounter of the first kind, | 第一类接触 |
[00:24] | visual sighting less than 500 feet away | 距离150米以内的目击 |
[00:26] | showing angular extension and detail. | 能够看清形状和细节 |
[00:28] | Second kind of encounter with a physical effect, | 第二类 有物理影响的接触 |
[00:30] | car dying, lights flickering. | 汽车熄火 灯光闪烁 |
[00:33] | Scale you’re working on? | 你研究的等级分类 |
[00:34] | I think we have strong evidence here | 我觉得我们有充分的证据 |
[00:35] | for a close encounter of the third kind. | 表明是第三类接触 |
[01:43] | And cut! | 停机 |
[01:45] | Cut it! | 停了 |
[01:49] | Allen? What are you doing? | 艾伦 你在做什么 |
[01:51] | Just taking it all in. | 四处看看 |
[01:54] | It’s amazing, isn’t it? | 很神奇吧 |
[02:00] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[02:02] | I hear it’s something Steven’s working on. | 我听说是史蒂文在创作的什么东西 |
[02:05] | The reporter’s here. Are you ready? | 记者来了 你准备好了吗 |
[02:09] | Thank you so much for agreeing to do the interview. | 感谢您接受采访 |
[02:11] | It’s my pleasure. | 是我的荣幸 |
[02:12] | So, Steven Spielberg calls you up out of the blue | 史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格突然给您打电话 |
[02:16] | and says, “I’d like my next movie | 说”我希望我的下一部电影 |
[02:18] | “to be based on your work, | “能基于您的研究 |
[02:20] | “name it after your classification system, | “以您的分类系统命名 |
[02:22] | and have you as my technical advisor.” | 并请您做我的技术顾问” |
[02:24] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多是这样吧 |
[02:25] | Not bad for a college professor from Ohio State. | 对一位俄亥俄州立大学的教授来说很不错啊 |
[02:28] | That—is exactly what my wife said. | 我妻子也说了一样的话 |
[02:30] | You know, reading the script, | 看过剧本后 |
[02:32] | Richard Dreyfuss’ character reminded me of someone. | 理查德·德莱福斯扮演的角色让我觉得眼熟 |
[02:35] | Oh, you think so? | 是吗 |
[02:37] | Family man, obsessed with alien life, | 顾家的男人 对外星生命很痴迷 |
[02:39] | outwits military and government forces | 智斗军队和政府部门 |
[02:41] | in order to uncover the truth. | 来揭示真相 |
[02:44] | That doesn’t sound like you? | 听着不像您吗 |
[02:47] | Well, I suppose it does, | 我想是这样吧 |
[02:48] | only Richard Dreyfuss never had to face the Robertson Panel | 只不过理查德·德莱福斯爬上山去的时候 |
[02:50] | on his way up the mountain. | 无须面对罗伯森调查小组 |
[02:52] | Ah, the Robertson Panel. | 罗伯森调查小组 |
[02:53] | That was the CIA | 那是中情局 |
[02:55] | convening an elite group of scientists | 在1953年 为研究您的工作 |
[02:57] | to study your work in ’53, yes? | 而成立的精英科学家小组 对吧 |
[03:01] | Yes, um, something like that. | 对 差不多 |
[03:07] | There’s more to the story. | 故事还不止这些吧 |
[03:10] | There’s a lot more. | 远不止这些 |
[03:13] | Well, I’m sure our readers would love to hear about it. | 我敢说我们的读者会非常愿意知道 |
[03:17] | – Dr. Hynek? – Yes? | -海尼克博士 -嗯 |
[03:20] | What exactly happened | 罗伯森调查小组事件 |
[03:21] | during the events of the Robertson Panel? | 到底发生了什么 |
[03:30] | They wanna shut down Blue Book. | 他们想要终止蓝皮书计划 |
[03:32] | Officially, the CIA wants to be briefed on your casework | 官方的说法是 中情局要听你们的案件调查汇报 |
[03:35] | as it relates to national security. | 因为它事关国家安全 |
[03:38] | And unofficially? | 那非官方呢 |
[03:40] | The agency is vying for control of the UFO program. | 中情局在争取飞碟项目的控制权 |
[03:43] | You set us up. | 你给我们设了套 |
[03:45] | All this time you spent with us. | 你和我们待在一起的时间 |
[03:47] | You’ve just been gathering intel, haven’t you? | 你不过是在收集情报 对不对 |
[03:48] | Look, I had no idea they were going to do this. | 听着 我根本不知道他们要这样做 |
[03:52] | I found out when you did. | 我和你们同时知道的 |
[03:54] | I came here to help. | 我是来帮忙的 |
[03:56] | If the CIA is in charge of this panel, | 如果中情局领导这个调查小组 |
[03:59] | and they want control, | 而且他们想要控制权 |
[04:00] | what are the odds of us even getting an impartial hearing? | 那我们得到一场公正听证会的机会有多大 |
[04:03] | That’s the one piece of good news. | 那倒有个好消息 |
[04:07] | You’ll actually be presented to a group of scientists. | 你们会面对一群科学家 |
[04:11] | They’ll assess the validity of your work, | 他们会评估你们工作的可信度 |
[04:12] | report back to the agency with their findings. | 并把结果反馈给情报局 |
[04:15] | Those are the men you want to convince. | 你们要说服的是那些人 |
[04:18] | Dr. Menzel, Dr. Alvarez. | 门泽尔博士 阿尔瓦雷斯博士 |
[04:22] | Oh, these are serious scientists. | 这些可都是货真价实的科学家 |
[04:24] | And you should take them seriously. | 那你就该认真对待 |
[04:26] | They’ll be looking for any reason | 他们会寻找任何能推翻 |
[04:27] | to discredit your work. Don’t give them one. | 你的研究工作的理由 不要给他们机会 |
[04:29] | We’ve been going through cases all night. | 我们整晚都在过案例 |
[04:31] | We have more than enough compelling evidence– | 我们有的是有说服力的证据… |
[04:33] | Compelling isn’t good enough, Captain. | 有说服力还不够 上尉 |
[04:36] | You’ll need to present to them a slam dunk case | 你们要给他们展示一个板上钉钉的案例 |
[04:38] | with hard evidence, a credible witness, | 有实在的证据 可信的证人 |
[04:41] | something that can’t be denied. | 让他们无法否认 |
[04:43] | This is a chance to tell the world your truth. | 这是向全世界告知实情的机会 |
[04:46] | You may not get this opportunity again. | 你们可能没有第二次机会了 |
[04:53] | All right, now, I want you to watch. | 好的 我现在要你看着 |
[04:54] | All right. Very carefully. | 好 小心 |
[04:57] | And the first thing we’re gonna do: | 我们首先要做的是 |
[04:58] | we’re gonna–now watch me. | 我们要… 看着我 |
[04:59] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好的 |
[05:01] | It’s there, and then we take this, | 一个在这里 然后我们拿起另一个 |
[05:06] | put it right there. | 放在一起 |
[05:07] | – Sorta straightforward, right? – Yeah. | -看着挺简单明了吧 -是的 |
[05:11] | Just waiting for the magic, and… | 现在就是见证魔法的时刻了… |
[05:15] | – Where’d it go? – You don’t have it? | -去哪了 -不在你那吗 |
[05:17] | I have no idea, but let me just see one thing. | 我也不知道 但让我看看 |
[05:20] | Is it? | 是这个吗 |
[05:21] | – What is– – How did– | -这是什么 -是怎么 |
[05:23] | That what– you better keep that. | 怎么回事 你最好小心保存 |
[05:25] | Alan, I am so glad you’re home. | 艾伦 你终于回来了 |
[05:28] | Dr. Hynek. | 海尼克博士 |
[05:31] | David Dabrowski. | 我叫大卫·达布罗斯基 |
[05:32] | I am so, so glad to finally meet you. | 真是太荣幸 终于和您见面了 |
[05:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:37] | Could I ask you if you would possibly check your pocket | 可以冒昧的请您检查下口袋 |
[05:41] | and see if you find anything there? | 看能不能找到些什么 |
[05:43] | Maybe… | 可能… |
[05:50] | Wow, Dad, how’d you do that? | 爸爸 你怎么做到的 |
[05:53] | Well, magic. | 魔法吧 |
[05:55] | I’m gonna go put this one in my room. | 我要去把这个放到房间去 |
[05:56] | Okay, sweetie. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[05:59] | David and I met at my group this evening. | 我和大卫是今晚在小组认识的 |
[06:02] | Wait, who was this person? | 那人叫什么来着 |
[06:04] | David Dabrowski. | 大卫·达布罗斯基 |
[06:05] | He, uh–he showed up at Mimi’s UFO group, | 他…他去了米米的UFO小组 |
[06:07] | or was led there, according to him. | 或者据他所说 是被指引到那去的 |
[06:09] | Isn’t that what he told you? | 他不是这么跟你说的吗 |
[06:11] | David was a bit of a celebrity in UFO circles, | 大卫在飞碟圈子里也算是小有名气 |
[06:15] | and somehow, he tracked me down, | 不知怎么的 他找到了我 |
[06:17] | claiming to have information that only he could tell Allen. | 声称有些消息只有他能告诉艾伦 |
[06:22] | You know, when they told me to come and find you, | 他们跟我说来找你的时候 |
[06:24] | they didn’t give me your address, | 他们没告诉我你的地址 |
[06:26] | and then I realized | 然后我想起来 |
[06:27] | they must’ve wanted me | 他们大概是想让我 |
[06:28] | to meet your wife first. | 先认识您的妻子 |
[06:31] | David has something I think you might wanna see. | 大卫有些东西 我觉得你应该想看看 |
[06:46] | I’m sorry, but who exactly was it | 不好意思 究竟是谁 |
[06:49] | told you to come and find me? | 让你来找我的 |
[06:51] | The beings that–that are posing in that picture. | 照片里被拍下的…生物们 |
[06:54] | And they told me to deliver a message to you. | 他们还让我给您捎句话 |
[07:02] | Without my help, | 没有我的帮助 |
[07:05] | you will never survive the Robertson Panel. | 你绝对无法挺过罗伯森调查小组的审查 |
[07:17] | Daniel said we needed a slam dunk case. | 丹尼尔说过我们需要一个板上钉钉的案例 |
[07:19] | – We don’t have time for this. – No, no, no. | -我们没有时间了 -不不不 |
[07:20] | – He has a very compelling story. – That we would need to verify. | -他的故事非常的吸引人 -但我们还需证实 |
[07:24] | Which would be impossible right now. | 现在也不可能去证实了 |
[07:26] | You know I have already presented you with photographic evidence. | 我已经给了你们照片 作为证据 |
[07:30] | Now if you would just, please, let me tell you my story, | 现在只需听听我的故事 |
[07:33] | I think you will find it worthwhile. | 就会发现这绝对值得 |
[07:38] | Okay, David, | 好吧 大卫 |
[07:40] | tell us about how you first met these “Beings.” | 跟我们讲讲你第一次遇到这些”生物”的情况 |
[07:44] | All right, well, | 好的 |
[07:45] | the first, uh, contact was just a little bit over a year ago, | 第一次接触是在大约一年多以前 |
[07:51] | um, and it was on a stretch of land near my home. | 在我家附近的一片空地上 |
[07:54] | You were alone at the time? | 你当时孤身一人吗 |
[07:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:59] | No other witnesses? | 没有其他目击证人吗 |
[08:02] | No. | 没有 |
[08:03] | So you were out hiking– | 所以你在外面远足… |
[08:05] | Surveying would be more accurate. | 说在调查可能更准确些 |
[08:10] | I’m a–a volunteer assessor for the county. | 我是郡里的一名志愿评估人员 |
[08:15] | I was doing my annual inspection of the Etowah River. | 我在埃托瓦河边做年度勘查 |
[08:20] | It is the kind of work I have done alone for many, many years, | 多年以来 我都是独自一人出外勤 |
[08:24] | so even I did not believe what I was seeing at first either. | 所以一开始 我也不相信自己的眼睛 |
[08:30] | It was as if time and space just vanished, | 那感觉就像时间和空间都不存在了 |
[08:35] | and everything, the river, and the birds, and the air | 所有的一切 河流 鸟儿还有空气 |
[08:41] | went into this state of suspended reality, | 都被按下了暂停键 |
[08:45] | except for me. | 只有我可以动 |
[08:48] | That’s when I saw the craft. | 就是那时 我看到了飞碟 |
[08:52] | Then came this amazing, almost electric wind. | 伴随着一股奇妙 充满电流的风流 |
[08:56] | I thought, “Grab your camera.” | 我告诉自己 “快拿起相机” |
[09:03] | But when the doors opened, and I saw them, | 但当飞碟门开启的时候 我看到了他们 |
[09:06] | this incredible sense of peace just filled me. | 我的内心感受到了无比的平静 |
[09:10] | It filled my soul. | 充满了我的灵魂 |
[09:15] | So that, when they invited me onboard, I had to go. | 所以当他们邀请我上船的时候 我没法拒绝 |
[09:24] | And what were these beings? What were they like? | 那些生物到底是什么 长什么样子 |
[09:27] | They were warm, and they were intelligent, | 他们很热情 也很聪明 |
[09:30] | and they were communicative. | 非常善于沟通 |
[09:32] | Oh, they spoke English, did they? | 他们也说英语是吗 |
[09:36] | No, they did not speak English. | 不 他们不说英语 |
[09:38] | They communicated with me telepathically. | 他们和我通过心灵感应进行交流 |
[09:42] | It’s extremely difficult to– | 很难向你… |
[09:44] | you know, I know you think that I’m crazy– | 我知道你觉得我疯了… |
[09:46] | – No, no, no, no. – Yes, you do. | -不不不 -你就是这么觉得 |
[09:48] | And let me tell you something, Captain, | 我跟你说 上尉 |
[09:49] | there are things even you cannot explain, | 有些事情连你也无法解释 |
[09:51] | like what you saw in the sky over D.C. | 就像你在华府上空看到的那些 |
[10:02] | How do you know I was up there? | 你怎么知道我在那 |
[10:04] | Have you tested the photograph? | 你检查过这张照片吗 |
[10:08] | Because when you do, and you find out it is not fake, | 因为检查之后 你就知道它不是伪造的 |
[10:11] | then maybe you will be able to take me seriously. | 然后或许你就能把我当回事了 |
[10:14] | That’ll take some time. | 可能得要些时日了 |
[10:21] | I know that you have been chosen | 我知道你被选中 |
[10:23] | to tell the truth to that panel, | 去把真相告诉调查小组 |
[10:25] | and I’m telling you | 我也告诉你 |
[10:27] | that I have been chosen to help you do that. | 我被选中来帮你做这件事 |
[10:32] | But if you don’t accept my offer, | 但如果你不接受我的提议 |
[10:36] | there is nothing I can do. | 我也无能为力 |
[10:46] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你们听我说 |
[10:50] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:58] | – You tell him about the panel? – No. | -你和他说了调查小组的事吗 -没 |
[11:04] | And he knew about D.C. | 他还知道华府的事 |
[11:06] | Where is he getting his information? | 他是从哪得知这些信息的 |
[11:09] | What time is it, kids? | 现在几点了 孩子 |
[11:10] | “Howdy Doody!” | 《你好都迪》时光 |
[11:40] | Jesus, you scared the piss outta me. | 天呐 你吓死我了 |
[11:45] | Most people knock, you know? | 大多数人都会敲门 |
[11:48] | The hell you watching this for? | 你为什么看这个动画片 |
[11:55] | I need to see what you have. | 我要看你掌握了些什么 |
[11:58] | Sure, no problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[12:00] | Nice to see you too, by the way. | 对了 我也很高兴见到你 |
[12:04] | You know, it’d help if you’d tell me | 如果你告诉我你在找什么 |
[12:06] | what you’re looking for. | 那就最好了 |
[12:07] | You know, in terms of their UFO project. | 关于他们的不明飞行物项目 |
[12:10] | I mean, I’m kind of shooting in the dark here. | 我现在算是在瞎猜 |
[12:25] | These photos are three years old. | 这些照片是三年前拍的 |
[12:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[12:28] | The Americans gave you these | 美国人给你这些照片 |
[12:30] | so that I wouldn’t ask questions. | 这样我就不会问问题 |
[12:32] | I know you’re working for them. I’ve known for a while. | 我知道你替他们做事 而且知道了一段时间 |
[12:36] | Are you serious right now? | 你现在是说真的吗 |
[12:39] | You accuse me of being a double agent | 你指责我是个双面间谍 |
[12:40] | after everything we’ve been– | 然而我们却一起经历了这么多事 |
[12:42] | After everything we’ve been through | 就因为我们一起经历了这么多事 |
[12:44] | is how I know. | 所以我才知道 |
[12:49] | Oh, for Christ’s sake. | 我的天呐 |
[12:52] | If I came here to kill you, you’d be dead already, | 如果我来杀你 你早就死了 |
[12:55] | wouldn’t you? | 不是吗 |
[12:56] | They were gonna fry me like the Rosenbergs | 如果我不合作 他们就会给我加上 |
[12:59] | if I didn’t cooperate, but you don’t have to worry, | 和罗森堡夫妇一样的罪名 但你别担心 |
[13:01] | ’cause I haven’t given them anything on our program. | 因为我没把我们的计划告诉他们 |
[13:03] | Noth– not a thing. | 什么也没说 |
[13:04] | – I swear to God, I– – Shut up. I need your help. | -我对天发誓 -闭嘴 我需要你帮忙 |
[13:11] | Daria is done with me. | 达莉亚把我踢出局了 |
[13:15] | – You with me? – I’m with you. | -你听到了吗 -我听到了 |
[13:16] | I’m trying to understand what’s going on, okay? | 我想知道到底是怎么回事 |
[13:21] | All you need to know is that if I wanted to, | 你只要知道 如果我想说 |
[13:25] | I could have told her about you switching sides, but I didn’t. | 我可以告诉她你已经倒戈相向 但我没说 |
[13:31] | I didn’t. | 我没说 |
[13:33] | So now I need you to return the favor. | 所以现在我要你回报我 |
[13:37] | What kind of favor? | 怎么回报 |
[13:41] | Looks pretty authentic. | 看起来很逼真 |
[13:44] | – Scale of one to ten? – Seven, sir. | -一到十的分值呢 -七分 长官 |
[13:47] | What makes it a seven? | 为什么是七分 |
[13:49] | Well, the first thing I look at | 我第一眼看到的是 |
[13:50] | is the naturalness of the boundaries around the primary object. | 主要物体周围的自然边界 |
[13:54] | Then I look to see if the shadows are consistent throughout. | 然后再看看阴影是否始终一致 |
[13:57] | How long would it take to complete a full analysis? | 全面分析需要多久才能完成 |
[14:00] | At least a couple weeks. | 至少要几周时间 |
[14:02] | We have the panel in two days. | 调查小组审查两天后就开始了 |
[14:04] | Is there some way to expedite the process? | 有办法能加快分析进程吗 |
[14:07] | If I could examine his camera, | 如果我能检查他的相机 |
[14:08] | that would help me a lot. | 那会大有帮助 |
[14:10] | Any way you can get your hands on that? | 你有办法拿到相机吗 |
[14:17] | Just tell him we need the camera, | 就跟他说我们需要相机 |
[14:18] | get it quick, and go. | 拿上就走 |
[14:20] | Agreed? | 同意吗 |
[14:20] | Let’s just see what he has to say first. | 我们先看看他有什么要说吧 |
[14:37] | Big spread for one guy. | 一个人住这么大的地方 |
[14:42] | Nice car. | 好车 |
[14:43] | 可带随身物品 除了鞋子不可 | |
[14:48] | Guy doesn’t have a front door, | 他连前门都没有 |
[14:49] | and wants us to take off our shoes? | 还要我们脱鞋子 |
[14:55] | You found me. | 你们找到我了 |
[14:57] | Come on. | 来 |
[14:59] | Come on. | 快来 |
[15:01] | David, if you have the camera that you use, | 大卫 如果你用的相机在你这里 |
[15:03] | it might help us validate your picture. | 也许能帮我们验证你的照片 |
[15:04] | I’ve got it, but I could show you something | 相机在我这 但我带你们看一样东西 |
[15:06] | that would remove all doubt. Trust me. | 能扫除你们所有的疑虑 相信我 |
[15:10] | What are we lookin’ at here? | 我们在看什么 |
[15:11] | This is where they like to land | 这是他们喜欢着陆的地方 |
[15:13] | whenever they come to visit. | 无论他们何时来访 |
[15:15] | And, how often is that? | 那是多久一次 |
[15:18] | Almost every full moon. | 几乎每次月圆都会 |
[15:20] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[15:26] | I have never seen this before. | 我之前从来没见过这些 |
[15:30] | They must’ve come back. | 他们肯定是回来了 |
[15:32] | – You didn’t put this here? – No. | -你没把这个放这里吗 -没 |
[15:34] | Come on, something this geometric, | 拜托 这么具有几何学 |
[15:36] | and– and– and precise? | 这么精确的东西 |
[15:40] | No, they must’ve left this here for you. | 不 他们肯定留在这里给你们的 |
[15:47] | This is a message. | 这是一条信息 |
[16:01] | There we go. Three-pointed tetractys. | 好了 十点三角神秘图案 |
[16:06] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:08] | “An ancient Greek symbol | “一个古希腊符号 |
[16:09] | representing meaningful archetypal relationships, | 代表重要的原始关系 |
[16:12] | and symbolizing the geometric and musical ratios | 并象征着构成宇宙的 |
[16:15] | upon which the foundation of the universe is built.” | 基础几何与音乐比例” |
[16:18] | Three lines. Three points. | 三条线 三个点 |
[16:21] | I know what this means. | 我知道是什么意思 |
[16:22] | You discovered a triangle? | 你发现了三角形吗 |
[16:25] | They want the three of us to work together. | 他们想让我们三人携手合作 |
[16:28] | One partner’s more than enough, thanks. | 我有一个搭档就够了 谢谢 |
[16:29] | What do they, uh, want | 他们想要 |
[16:31] | the three of us to work together on? | 我们三人一起做什么 |
[16:33] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[16:35] | But what if they could tell you themselves? | 但是如果他们能直接告诉你呢 |
[16:40] | Mm-hmm, I’m gonna set that up for tonight. | 为了今晚我要把那个准备好 |
[16:49] | This is a waste of time. | 这是在浪费时间 |
[16:50] | Let’s just get the camera and go. | 让我们带上相机走吧 |
[16:53] | Doc, no, no. | 博士 不 不 |
[16:54] | Come on, you’re not seriously thinking about going out there? | 拜托 你不是真的想要出去吧 |
[16:56] | We have to prep for the panel! | 我们要准备去庭审 |
[16:58] | And this is how we do it. | 我们这么做才行 |
[16:59] | Look, there’s no guarantee | 我们不能保证 |
[17:00] | this camera is gonna authenticate that photo, | 这台相机能够证实的照片真实性 |
[17:02] | or that it’s gonna be done in time for the panel. | 或在庭审开始前处理好 |
[17:03] | Right, but we have plenty of other evidence. | 没错 但是我们还有很多其他证据 |
[17:05] | Not on this scale, | 证据力度都不够大 |
[17:06] | and if the encounter’s fake then so is the photo, | 如果这次遭遇是假的 那么这张照片也是 |
[17:08] | but if it is real, it’s evidence | 但如果这是真的 那这就是 |
[17:09] | of a close encounter of the third kind. | 第三类接触外星生物的有力证据 |
[17:10] | But you don’t really believe he’s communicating with aliens? | 但你不会真的相信他会和外星人交流吧 |
[17:13] | I’m just looking for something, anything | 我只是在寻找一些证据 任何证据 |
[17:14] | to make sense of what we’ve seen from this guy. | 能够解释这个人的行为 |
[17:21] | Caught this at an Indian’s game. | 在一场印地安人队棒球比赛捡到的 |
[17:24] | Great American pastime. | 美国人最棒的的消遣 |
[17:27] | I used to go all the time with my dad. | 我以前和我爸经常去 |
[17:30] | He taught me to love it. | 他让我爱上了它 |
[17:35] | So tell me why you want me to call | 那么告诉我你为什么想要我 |
[17:38] | my contact in St. Petersburg? | 联系圣彼得堡的联络人 |
[17:40] | I need a child brought from there to the U.S. | 我要把一个孩子从那里带到美国 |
[17:43] | Safely. | 安全抵达 |
[17:45] | A child? | 一个孩子 |
[17:47] | My daughter. | 我的女儿 |
[17:50] | You have a daughter? | 你有女儿 |
[17:51] | Can your contact get her here, yes or no? | 你的联络人能把她带到这里吗 |
[17:53] | He’s chief of the militsiya, so he can do whatever he wants, | 他是民兵首领 所以他可以为所欲为 |
[17:56] | but, um, it ain’t gonna be free. | 但这可不是免费的 |
[18:00] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[18:02] | Five grand. | 五千元 |
[18:09] | Tell him you’ll wire it from your account. | 告诉他你会从你账户电汇给他 |
[18:15] | Um, so, I do this for you, and you, what? | 所以我为你做这件事 而你呢 |
[18:18] | You just forget you know what you know and– | 你忘记你知道的事情 |
[18:20] | My loyalty to my country only goes so far. | 我对祖国的忠诚只不过如此 |
[18:23] | I suppose you and I are the same in that way, | 我想你和我在这方面是一样的 |
[18:26] | aren’t we? | 不是吗 |
[18:28] | Call your contact. | 联系你的联络人 |
[18:34] | How long are we gonna give this, doc? | 我们准备等多久 博士 |
[18:36] | David, is there a timeframe | 大卫 这些生物出现 |
[18:38] | for when these beings will show up? | 需要大概多少时间 |
[18:40] | I wish it was that simple. | 要是那么简单就好了 |
[18:47] | Hey, you know what? I have a good idea. | 你知道吗 我有个好主意 |
[18:49] | Why don’t we pass the time by doing a little bit of magic? | 我们来玩玩魔法 消遣时间吧 |
[18:56] | – You got a coin? – Magic? | -你有硬币吗 -魔法 |
[18:59] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[19:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:04] | Sure. | 当然有 |
[19:06] | And… | 然后 |
[19:10] | This one I think, and present the hand. | 这枚硬币 张开手掌 |
[19:13] | Thank you very much. Now close. | 非常感谢 合上手掌 |
[19:16] | And now, just think carefully | 现在 认真思考 |
[19:20] | about what are you feeling right now, what do you– | 你现在是什么感受 你现在 |
[19:23] | what are you feeling? | 感受到了什么 |
[19:24] | Your hands are very warm. | 你的手很温暖 |
[19:27] | The coin is actually disappearing, and boom! | 硬币其实正在消失 你瞧 |
[19:35] | Losing your touch? | 手法不灵了 |
[19:37] | What? | 什么 |
[19:38] | That disappeared– | 应该消失的呀 |
[19:40] | God, I guess it doesn’t always work. | 天哪 我想这并不总能行 |
[19:45] | It’s getting kinda late. | 时间很晚了 |
[19:47] | I got ten to nine. What time you got? | 我手表显示8点50了 你是几点 |
[19:54] | What, how’d you do that? | 什么 你怎么办到的 |
[19:57] | You just believe in magic, Captain. | 只要相信魔法 上尉 |
[19:59] | You will never lose your ability to be surprised. | 你总能感到惊讶 |
[20:03] | I’m gonna go get some more firewood. | 我再去拿些柴火 |
[20:09] | – Guy’s quite a character. – Yeah, he is. | -这家伙真有个性 -是的 没错 |
[20:14] | Doc, what are we doing out here? | 博士 我们在这里干什么 |
[20:16] | I mean really. | 我认真的 |
[20:19] | I know you don’t think that aliens | 我知道你不认为外星人 |
[20:20] | are gonna come down from the sky tonight | 会在今晚从天而降 |
[20:23] | and say hello to us. | 和我们打招呼 |
[20:26] | Certainly is a nice night, though. | 但是今晚天气真好 |
[20:29] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:33] | Yeah, it’s beautiful out here. | 是的 今晚星空真美 |
[20:37] | I’m not ready to face that panel. | 我还没准备好参加庭审 |
[20:41] | This is a good way to avoid it. | 这是逃避的好方式 |
[20:46] | I mean, all our work, what we’ve seen… | 我们所有的努力 我们的所见 |
[20:50] | If they don’t validate that, then what? | 如果他们不证实 那么怎么办 |
[20:53] | You know, there’s a lot on the line. | 有太多不确定了 |
[20:57] | Out here… | 在这里 |
[21:00] | …Is possibility, no matter how remote. | 是无线的可能 无论多么渺小 |
[21:05] | Well, look, we go there, do our best. | 我们去那 尽全力 |
[21:09] | The chips fall where they may. | 其他就顺其自然吧 |
[21:11] | And if they shut us down? | 如果他们终止我们的项目呢 |
[21:12] | Well, I don’t like to live in that world. | 我不喜欢活在那个世界 |
[21:15] | The world of “What if?” | 充满”如果”的世界 |
[21:17] | – Hello, gentlemen. – David? | -你好 先生们 -大卫 |
[21:20] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[21:23] | – David? – David isn’t here right now. | -大卫 -大卫现在不在 |
[21:30] | Whoa, stop it! | 停下 |
[21:39] | – David, are you okay? – I told you this isn’t David. | -大卫你没事吧 -我说了我不是大卫 |
[21:44] | Then who am I speaking with? | 那我在和谁说话 |
[21:46] | I’m here to answer all your questions. | 我是来回答你的所有问题 |
[21:49] | David said you wanted | 大卫说你想让 |
[21:51] | the three of us to work together. | 我们三个一起工作 |
[21:54] | What are we meant to be working on? | 我们要一起做什么 |
[21:56] | Telling the world your truth, Dr. Hynek. | 告诉世界你的真相 海尼克博士 |
[21:58] | My truth? | 我的真相 |
[22:01] | What is my truth? | 我的真相是什么 |
[22:02] | The one you can no longer deny. | 你再也无法否认的真相 |
[22:04] | All right, that’s enough, pal. | 行了 够了 伙计 |
[22:11] | You are in danger, Dr. Hynek, | 你身处危险之中 海尼克博士 |
[22:14] | and David is the only one who can save you. | 大卫是唯一能救你的人 |
[22:18] | He is the only one. | 他是唯一一个 |
[22:21] | Well, if David– | 好吧 如果大卫 |
[22:25] | David, David! | 大卫 大卫 |
[22:29] | David! | 大卫 |
[22:38] | He’s waking up. | 他醒来了 |
[22:44] | David? | 大卫 |
[22:52] | How did I get here? | 我怎么到这里的 |
[22:55] | Oh, good, it’s him again. | 好极了 他回来了 |
[22:58] | We brought you back. | 我们把你带回来的 |
[23:01] | You did? | 是吗 |
[23:04] | Here, drink this. | 来 把这个喝了 |
[23:10] | So, uh, you don’t remember what happened? | 所以 你不记得发生了什么 |
[23:15] | Oh, my God, I am so tired. I just need to rest. | 我的天 我太累了 我只想休息 |
[23:19] | You guys–you two should go. | 你们 你们俩该离开了 |
[23:23] | – I want you to go. – Great. | -我想要你们离开 -好极了 |
[23:26] | We’ll leave you to it, then. Doc? | 那我们就不打扰了 博士 |
[23:33] | Are you sure that you’re gonna be okay? | 你确定你会没事吗 |
[23:36] | I’ll be–I’ll be fine, | 我会 我会没事的 |
[23:38] | but I am not who you two | 但我不是你们俩 |
[23:43] | need to be worried about. | 应该担心的人 |
[23:57] | Faye tells me you’ve been out of town. | 菲说你出城了 |
[23:58] | Yes, we were following up on a lead | 没错 我们在跟踪一条线索 |
[24:00] | we thought might prove useful for the Robertson Panel. | 可能对应对罗伯森调查小组的审查有用 |
[24:03] | Which turned out to be nothing, sir. | 但却是竹篮打水一场空 长官 |
[24:06] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[24:08] | What do you plan to present to the panel? | 你打算给调查小组看什么 |
[24:09] | – I would im– – Well, General, we, um, | -我要 -将军 我们 |
[24:11] | pored over our case files and determined a select few | 深入研究了案卷材料并精选了几个 |
[24:14] | that we feel best represent our investigation for the past couple years. | 我们认为在过去几年里最有代表性的研究 |
[24:18] | And the conclusion you’ve drawn? | 你们得出了什么结论 |
[24:19] | – The conclusion, sir– – The conclusion would be | -先生 结论 -结论就是 |
[24:21] | that the area of UFO investigation | 不明飞行物的调查领域 |
[24:23] | continues to need further study | 还需要后续的深入挖掘 |
[24:25] | and, uh, resources to help it to do that. | 也还需要更多的资源来协助调查 |
[24:28] | This is a very important panel, doctor, | 这是个很重要的审查 博士 |
[24:31] | not just for your department, but for the entire Air Force. | 不仅是对你的部门 对整个空军更甚 |
[24:36] | A lot is riding on your performance. | 你的表现事关重大 |
[24:40] | And I expect both of you to act with honor and integrity. | 我希望你们都能带着荣誉感和正义感完成它 |
[24:44] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[24:51] | Who wrote this? | 这个是谁写的 |
[24:53] | You’re free to present any case that you like, | 你可以呈现你喜欢的任何案子 |
[24:57] | but it’s important that you finish up with that. | 但你得先以这个结尾 |
[25:01] | “Therefore, based on our casework | “综上 基于我们的案例 |
[25:03] | “and my own rigorous scientific analysis, | 以及我个人严谨的科学研究 |
[25:05] | “I’ve concluded that there is no evidence | 我得出的结论是 没有证据 |
[25:07] | “to support the notion that UFOs are, | 能够支持不明飞行物来自 |
[25:11] | “or possibly could be, | 或可能来自 |
[25:14] | extraterrestrial in origin.” | 外星生物” |
[25:18] | And you’d like me to present this as my, uh–as my opinion? | 你希望我把这个 当作我的意见 |
[25:24] | What other opinion would you have, doctor? | 你还能有别的什么意见 博士 |
[25:27] | Dr. Hynek? | 海尼克博士 |
[25:29] | Dr. Hynek? | 海尼克博士 |
[25:31] | Sorry, you were saying? | 抱歉 你刚刚说什么 |
[25:32] | You were saying, actually, | 实际上 是你在说 |
[25:34] | that you’d been asked to read a report, | 你被要求读一篇报告 |
[25:36] | one you didn’t agree with? | 你不认可的报告 |
[25:39] | They wanted me to betray everything I believed, | 他们要我背叛一切我相信的东西 |
[25:42] | to state conclusively that all UFOs | 坚定地声明所有一切飞行物现象 |
[25:44] | have an earthly explanation. | 都有现实的解释 |
[25:47] | And that wasn’t what you believed? | 而你不相信这个说法吗 |
[25:49] | It didn’t matter what I believed. | 我相信什么并不重要 |
[25:51] | It mattered what the evidence showed. | 重要的是证据所呈现的东西 |
[25:54] | Science is without prejudice. | 科学是没有偏见的 |
[25:57] | It doesn’t believe. It just is. | 它不会相信 它就是真相本身 |
[26:00] | And from a scientific perspective, | 从科学的角度说 |
[26:02] | there was one truth that I could not deny: | 我不能否认的真相只有一个 |
[26:06] | UFOs exist, | 不明飞行物真实存在 |
[26:08] | and some defy explanation. | 而且有些无法解释 |
[26:11] | So I was faced with a choice. | 所以我面临着一个选择 |
[26:15] | Tell the lie, save Blue Book, | 撒谎 拯救蓝皮书计划 |
[26:19] | or tell the truth, and face the consequences. | 或说出真相 并承担后果 |
[26:23] | The end of my career, my reputation– | 毁掉我的职业生涯 我的名声 |
[26:26] | And what did you decide? | 你的选择是什么 |
[26:30] | Sorry to do this. | 很抱歉 |
[26:31] | Steven’s setting up a shot, so we need to clear the area. | 史蒂文要拍照 所以得清空这片区域 |
[26:34] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[26:35] | Uh, can we finish this in your trailer? | 我们能在你的拖车里继续采访吗 |
[26:38] | Actually, um, I think I’ve– | 实际上 我觉得 |
[26:41] | I think I may have said too much already, you know? | 我觉得我已经说得太多了 你明白吗 |
[26:43] | So, um… | 所以 |
[26:45] | I hope you have what you need. Thank you. | 我希望你得到你想要的了 谢谢 |
[26:48] | But Dr. Hynek, you haven’t gotten to the panel yet. | 但海尼克博士 你还没有讲到调查小组 |
[26:53] | It’s still hard for him to talk about. | 他依旧不愿意提起这段往事 |
[26:55] | Why? What happened? | 怎么了 发生什么了 |
[26:57] | Something surprised him in the end, that just– | 到最后出现了他意想不到的事 只是 |
[27:01] | Were you there? Uh, what was it? | 你当时也在场 是什么事 |
[27:03] | I was there, yes, and sometimes, I still don’t believe it. | 对 我在场 而且到现在我还觉得不可思议 |
[27:35] | Hey, doc, why don’t you come sit down? | 博士 不如过去坐下吧 |
[27:37] | You’ve been like this for two days. | 你已经这样两天了 |
[27:39] | The Mariana film is the best piece of film evidence we have. | 玛丽安娜的录像是我们掌握的证据中最有力的 |
[27:41] | They’re not even paying attention to it. | 但是他们都没注意看 |
[27:43] | Well, they have our analysis. | 他们有我们的分析了 |
[27:44] | Hopefully, that’ll help fill in the blanks. | 希望那些能填补空白 |
[27:45] | Yeah. Without even looking at the film? | 是吗 甚至可以不看录像吗 |
[27:48] | That’s not what scientists are supposed to do. | 科学家不该这么做 |
[27:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:55] | Oh, oh, uh, excuse me! | 请问 |
[27:58] | Um, are you planning to study any individual frames? | 你们打算研究任何一帧图像吗 |
[28:06] | Or even watch the film again? | 或是再看一遍录像 |
[28:08] | We’re done with it, actually. | 其实 我们已经有结果了 |
[28:11] | We spent dozens of hours analyzing this film. | 我们花了几个小时分析这些录像 |
[28:12] | You’ve barely even looked at it! | 你们都没怎么看它 |
[28:14] | They’re F-94s. | 这些是F-94战机 |
[28:17] | Flight logs at the Air Force base nearby | 附近的空军基地保存的飞行日志 |
[28:19] | confirmed they did a flyby that day. | 已经证实了那天的确有战机起飞 |
[28:21] | Yes, hours after that was filmed. | 没错 但那是在录像里那件事几个小时后 |
[28:22] | You’re–you’re drawing a false conclusion, | 你们的结论是错误的 |
[28:24] | and if you look at our supplemental reports, | 而且如果你们看了我追加的报告 |
[28:26] | you will see that we do point out | 你们就会知道我们的确指出了 |
[28:28] | the original film was edited down by the Air Force | 原始录像被空军裁剪变短 |
[28:30] | and the more enlightening evidence taken out. | 移除了更多确凿的证据 |
[28:33] | Suggesting what? | 所以呢 |
[28:34] | Suggesting that somebody tampered with the evidence! | 所以有人篡改了证据 |
[28:36] | Do I have to spell it out for you? | 我得给你逐字逐句解释吗 |
[28:37] | Well, let’s just give them a little more time here. | 多给他们一点时间吧 |
[28:39] | They have all these case files to go through. | 他们有那么多的案件卷宗要看完 |
[28:41] | Those? | 那些吗 |
[28:42] | We’ve already gone through them. | 我们已经把那些看完了 |
[28:44] | That’s our closed pile. | 那一堆是我们已结案的文件 |
[28:46] | Closed? | 结案 |
[28:47] | Birds, weather balloons, astronomic anomalies. | 飞鸟 气象球 天文异象 |
[28:51] | We’re getting to the end here, actually. | 实际上 我们已经快结束了 |
[28:55] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你们一定是在跟我开玩笑吧 |
[28:55] | I mean, this is over 50 case files right here, | 这里有超过50多起案件卷宗 |
[28:58] | with witness reports, photographic evidence. | 内含目击者报告 照片证据 |
[29:00] | Which we’ve reviewed. | 这些我们都检阅过了 |
[29:01] | No, you mean skimmed, at best! | 你们最多是浏览了一下吧 |
[29:03] | Let’s take a recess. | 暂时休会吧 |
[29:20] | – What’s happening? – I need to get some air. | -怎么了 -我需要呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[29:24] | – Is he okay? – I’ll talk to him. | -他没事吧 -我会跟他谈谈的 |
[29:40] | You walking off the job now? | 你要现在退出吗 |
[29:42] | No, I’m not leaving. I’m waiting. | 不是 我不是要离开 我是在等 |
[29:44] | Waiting? Waiting for what? | 等 等什么 |
[29:46] | You know, I realized something last night. | 知道吗 我昨晚意识到了一些事 |
[29:48] | We have two options here, okay? | 我们现在有两个选择 |
[29:50] | One, I read Valentine’s statement. | 第一 我读出瓦伦丁给的声明书 |
[29:52] | The panel recognizes our incompetence as investigators. | 调查小组认识到我们作为调查人员的无能 |
[29:55] | Too many unsolved cases. They shut us down, | 有太多未解的案件了 他们会让我们解散 |
[29:58] | take over the program, or two, | 接管我们的项目 或者第二 |
[29:59] | I read my statement, tell our truth, | 我读出自己的声明书 说出我们的真相 |
[30:03] | the generals bury us. | 将军们会灭了我们 |
[30:05] | Unless a third option presents itself. | 除非还能有第三种选择出现 |
[30:08] | The hell you talking about? | 你到底在说什么呢 |
[30:14] | Now, what’s he doing here? | 他来这干什么 |
[30:16] | We call an expert witness, a fellow investigator, | 我们叫一位专家证人 调查员同事 |
[30:19] | someone who’s seen our cases, knows our work, | 一个看过我们卷宗 了解我们工作的人 |
[30:20] | who recognizes that the UFO phenomenon | 他相信不明飞行物现象的存在 |
[30:23] | demands further investigation, | 会要求更进一步的调查 |
[30:25] | and sees Blue Book as best equipped to do just that, | 并认为蓝皮书是调查的最佳项目 |
[30:28] | someone who can speak for us | 在我们不能为自己说话时 |
[30:29] | when we can’t speak for ourselves. | 能为我们说话的人 |
[30:31] | Third option. | 第三个选择 |
[30:33] | – Daniel. – Professor. | -丹尼尔 -教授 |
[30:35] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[30:37] | – They on a recess? – No, you’re just in time. | -他们休会了 -你来得刚刚好 |
[30:39] | Ah, better head in, then. | 那我们快进去吧 |
[30:44] | Uh, Daniel, uh, I just– | 丹尼尔 我 |
[30:46] | I really wanna thank you for doing this. | 我真的很感谢你这么帮我 |
[30:49] | Don’t thank me yet. | 先别谢我 |
[30:54] | Come on. | 快来 |
[31:02] | Gentlemen, this is my report, | 先生们 这是我的报告 |
[31:07] | but since we’re running out of time, | 但是考虑到我们的时间不多 |
[31:08] | I figure I would give you the rundown in my own words. | 所以我就简要说一下内容 |
[31:17] | As you know, | 正如你们所知 |
[31:18] | I’ve worked closely with Dr. Hynek and Captain Quinn | 在过去几周 我一直在与海尼克博士 |
[31:21] | over the past few weeks, | 和奎恩上尉共事 |
[31:23] | so I’ve had a front-row view at the Air Force’s attempt | 所以我了解到了空军是如何试图 |
[31:26] | to investigate and explain the UFO phenomenon. | 调查并解释不明飞行物的现象 |
[31:30] | Which is why I can assure you with all honesty, and candor, | 因此我以自己的诚信和坦诚做担保 |
[31:34] | the work these men are doing for the Air Force… | 这些先生们为空军所做的一切 |
[31:38] | …is careless, biased, and full of discrepancies. | 是粗心大意 有偏见 并充满了错误 |
[31:41] | The sad truth is, | 令人伤心的是 |
[31:43] | the US Air Force has completely mismanaged | 美国空军对不明飞行物现象的调查 |
[31:45] | its investigation into the UFO phenomenon, | 已经完全失败了 |
[31:47] | and it’s high time the CIA took that away fr– | 这正是让中情局接管的好时机 |
[31:49] | What is this?! What are you saying? | 这是怎么回事 你在说什么 |
[31:51] | – You son of a bitch. – How dare you! | -你个王八蛋 -你怎么敢 |
[31:53] | You have no right to discredit– | 你没有权利败坏 |
[31:55] | Of course I do! | 我当然有 |
[31:57] | – They should be warned. – Warned? | -他们该受到警告 -警告 |
[31:58] | Staging invasions, stealing classified material, | 非法入侵 窃取机密资料 |
[32:01] | breaking onto bases, inciting mass panic. | 私闯基地 挑起大规模恐慌 |
[32:03] | I mean, you want me to keep going? | 你要我继续说吗 |
[32:04] | – No, I can get you to stop. – Oh, no, please just– | -不用 我能让你住嘴 -不 请… |
[32:05] | Please, can we just settle for a moment? | 拜托 大家可以冷静一会儿吗 |
[32:07] | – Calm down. – It’s my recommendation | -冷静 -为了我们的国家安全 |
[32:09] | the Air Force immediately suspend all investigations into UFOs | 我建议空军立刻暂缓所有 |
[32:13] | for the sake of our national security. | 对不明飞行物的调查 |
[32:16] | Gentlemen, please, we have your file for review. | 各位 拜托 我们要审阅你们的文件 |
[32:20] | Let’s take some time to look it over before we reconvene. | 在重新开庭前给我们点时间 |
[32:26] | – He was betrayed? – In front of his peers, | -他遭到了背叛 -在他的同僚面前 |
[32:29] | by someone he trusted, | 被他信任的人背叛了 |
[32:31] | but that’s not the end of the story. | 但事情还没有结束 |
[32:34] | He turned it around. | 他扭转了局势 |
[32:36] | How? | 怎么办到的 |
[32:39] | Magic. | 魔法 |
[32:51] | I’m sorry. This was my fault. | 抱歉 是我的错 |
[32:53] | I thought he was gonna save us, Mimi. | 我以为他会帮我们 米米 |
[32:55] | Doc, he played us both. | 博士 他耍了我俩 |
[32:57] | No, you never trusted him. | 不 你从未信任过他 |
[32:58] | You’re so skeptical with your work, | 你会质疑你的工作 |
[33:00] | but you’re never that way with people. | 但你从不怀疑别人 |
[33:03] | I suppose that makes me a fool. | 我想这让我成了傻子 |
[33:05] | No, it makes you a good man. | 不 这让你成了一个好人 |
[33:12] | Excuse me a sec. | 失陪一下 |
[33:15] | David, the hell are you doing here? | 大卫 你来这里干什么 |
[33:17] | Well, it’s awfully nice to see you too, Captain. | 我也很高兴见到你 上尉 |
[33:19] | Daniel call you in, huh? | 丹尼尔叫你来的吗 |
[33:20] | You gonna go in there and embarrass us some more? | 你要进去再羞辱我们一番吗 |
[33:22] | Who’s Daniel? | 谁是丹尼尔 |
[33:23] | And, uh, no, I’m here for you. | 不 我是来找你的 |
[33:25] | We don’t have time for this, all right? | 我可没时间和你胡扯 好吗 |
[33:27] | – You need to leave. – Leave? | -你要离开 -离开 |
[33:31] | I am here to save you. | 我是来救你的 |
[33:40] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[33:44] | That was pleasant. What is going on here? | 还真客气 这里出什么事了 |
[33:46] | – How are you? – Good. | -你怎么样 -不错 |
[33:48] | – What is this? – It’s a– | -这是什么 -是一个… |
[33:52] | – Excuse me, Dr. Stenzler. – Yes, Captain? | -打扰一下 施滕茨勒博士 -什么事 上尉 |
[33:57] | There’s just one more case we’d like to present. | 我们想再报告一个案例 |
[33:59] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我想这不是个好主意 |
[34:01] | Please. There’s a lot on the line here, | 拜托 我们已经命悬一线了 |
[34:04] | and, uh, I think you’re gonna wanna hear this | 我想在你作出裁决前 |
[34:07] | before you make your ruling. | 你会想听听这个 |
[34:11] | Line drive, right field in there for a base hit. | 平飞球 右外场一个安全打 |
[34:13] | Taken on hot, Morello throws to first base. | 趁胜追击 莫雷洛掷向一垒 |
[34:16] | But Mays is there. How about that? | 但梅斯在那 真是厉害 |
[34:32] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[35:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[35:31] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[35:33] | I guess I’m having what you call a change of heart, | 我想 你可以当作我改变了心意 |
[35:36] | and maybe it’s not so smart to let you walk out that door. | 也许让你走出这扇门不太明智 |
[35:40] | Protect your identity at all costs, right? | 不惜一切代价保护自己的身份 是吧 |
[35:44] | Of all the times to remember what I taught you. | 这么久以来我让你记住我的训诫 你偏选了现在 |
[35:46] | This business is tricky, | 这件事很棘手 |
[35:49] | and truth is, I waver all the time. | 事实上我一直摇摆不定 |
[35:52] | But the one thing I’m clear on… | 但有件事我很清楚 |
[35:56] | I don’t wanna be looking over my shoulder | 我不想我的余生 |
[35:58] | the rest of my life, | 担惊受怕 |
[35:58] | wondering who might be coming to kill me. | 琢磨谁会来杀我 |
[36:01] | I got plans, too. | 我也有计划 |
[36:04] | I want kids of my own one day. | 我希望未来有自己的孩子 |
[36:06] | The American dream, right? | 美国梦 对吧 |
[36:11] | It’s never too late, is it? | 从来都不晚 不是吗 |
[36:22] | Shit. | 操 |
[36:25] | You see, what I was really doing in here earlier | 知道了吧 之前我在这 |
[36:27] | was not watching “Howdy Doody.” | 并不是在看《你好都迪》 |
[36:29] | I was finding your hiding spots. | 我在找你藏枪的地方 |
[36:32] | Because I know you keep spares, and when your back was turned, | 因为我知道你有备用 你转身之后 |
[36:35] | I switched these out and emptied your chamber. | 我取出了子弹 清空了枪膛 |
[36:40] | I didn’t teach you everything… | 我没教你一切 |
[36:43] | For a reason. | 是有原因的 |
[36:45] | This will go down in the series called | 这会被收录到一个叫做 |
[36:47] | “The Battle of the Home Run.” | “全垒打之战”的系列中 |
[36:52] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[36:56] | The great American pastime. | 美国人最棒的的消遣 |
[37:00] | …Everybody that they possibly can use | 他们用了所有能上的人 |
[37:02] | to help them out. | 去帮球队摆脱困境 |
[37:04] | And the pitch. | 投球 |
[37:04] | Fastball, play assist– | 快速球 打助攻 |
[37:06] | High fly ball deep to center. | 高飞球深入中场 |
[37:20] | Thank you all for allowing me to speak. | 谢谢你们让我发言 |
[37:23] | I know you’ve reviewed a lot of our case work, photos, | 我知道你们已经看了我们的很多卷宗 照片 |
[37:27] | but I think you’ll better understand | 但我想 也许通过 |
[37:29] | the value of Blue Book by hearing | 我们调查对象的讲述 |
[37:30] | from someone who’s been on the receiving end of our work. | 你们能更好地理解蓝皮书计划的价值 |
[37:33] | David? | 大卫 |
[37:46] | This is Mr. David Dabrowski. | 这位是大卫·达布罗斯基先生 |
[37:48] | His case is the most recent one investigated by Blue Book. | 他的案子是蓝皮书计划最近调查的一个 |
[37:51] | Mr. Dabrowski, would you care to tell the panel | 达布罗斯基先生 你能告诉调查小组 |
[37:54] | why you reached out to Dr. Hynek and myself? | 你为什么联系海尼克博士和我 |
[37:57] | I was directed to do so, in order to be here today. | 我是被指派来的 为了今天站在这里 |
[38:01] | And who exactly directed you? | 具体是谁指派你的 |
[38:03] | The beings from the planet Vanusios, | 那些人来自瓦努西奥斯星球 |
[38:05] | which is two galaxies beyond ours. | 距离我们两个星系 |
[38:12] | And did Dr. Hynek and I investigate your case? | 那海尼克博士和我有没有调查你的案子 |
[38:15] | Oh, yes, and they appreciated it tremendously. | 调查了 而且他们对此很感激 |
[38:19] | Although you were very skeptical, | 尽管你们很怀疑 |
[38:22] | which was disappointing. | 这有点令人失望 |
[38:25] | Well, David, we were just doing our job. | 大卫 我们只是在做我们的工作 |
[38:30] | They–they, um, | 他们 他们 |
[38:32] | asked if I would, uh, deliver a message to the panel. | 问我是否能向调查小组传递一条信息 |
[38:36] | Go ahead. | 请讲 |
[38:47] | Please don’t be afraid. | 请别害怕 |
[38:50] | Those ships that you see in the sky | 你们所看见的天空中的飞船 |
[38:52] | and the beings you may come across– | 与你们可能遇见的生物 |
[38:56] | they’re not here to hurt you, | 他们不是来伤害你们 |
[38:58] | but to teach you. | 而是来教授你们 |
[39:01] | Just stay open and believe. | 请保持开放心态 并相信 |
[39:07] | Dr. Hynek and Captain Quinn did their job. | 海尼克博士和奎恩上尉尽了职 |
[39:13] | Nobody’s listening to me now… | 尽管如今没有人听信我的 |
[39:19] | But they will… | 但他们会的 |
[39:22] | someday. | 总有一天 |
[39:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:29] | Thank you, David. | 谢谢 大卫 |
[39:40] | Gentlemen, David is, in some ways, | 先生们 从某种意义上来说 大卫的案子 |
[39:43] | a typical case for Project Blue Book. | 蓝皮书计划处理的典型案例 |
[39:46] | There’s a sighting, Dr. Hynek and I look into it. | 发生了目击事件 海尼克博士和我去调查 |
[39:49] | Are we skeptical? | 我们是否怀疑 |
[39:51] | Yes, we are. | 当然 |
[39:54] | Perhaps sometimes to a fault, | 也许有时怀疑过头了 |
[39:55] | but our job is to protect the public. | 但我们的工作是保护大众 |
[39:59] | And the real truth of it is that without men like us, | 而真正的事实是 如果没有我们这样的人 |
[40:02] | men like David can cause a nationwide panic. | 各种各样的大卫会造成全国恐慌 |
[40:09] | Blue Book has done its job. | 蓝皮书履行了职责 |
[40:12] | We’ve closed cases. | 我们了结案件 |
[40:13] | We’ve calmed a public very eager to believe | 我们抚慰群众 即便他们非常渴望 |
[40:15] | in aliens from other worlds. | 相信有天外来客 |
[40:18] | But without your support today, the message you will send | 但没有你们的支持 那传达的信息 |
[40:21] | is that we were never a credible voice | 则是在不明飞行物学方面 |
[40:23] | in the science of ufology, | 我们永远不可信 |
[40:25] | and that leaves thousands of cases | 那这会导致成千上百的案件 |
[40:27] | open for reinterpretation. | 出现全新的诠释方法 |
[40:28] | And, quite frankly, calls your own reputations into question. | 而且老实说 也会置你们自己的信誉于险境 |
[40:34] | We understand our role, gentlemen. | 我们明白自己的角色 先生们 |
[40:38] | And if you understand yours, | 如果你们也明白你们的 |
[40:40] | together, we can continue to spread our message. | 那我们联手 可以继续传达我们的消息 |
[40:43] | UFOs don’t exist. | 即不明飞行物不存在 |
[40:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[41:02] | I was impressed. | 我很佩服 |
[41:05] | Laid in on a little thick, eh? | 说的有点过了吧 |
[41:06] | You were wonderful. | 你表现地太出色了 |
[41:09] | I guess we wait and see now. | 我猜我们只能等着瞧了 |
[41:11] | Well, truth is, whatever way it happens, | 事实上是 无论发生什么 |
[41:14] | I think we did our job, Captain. | 我觉得我们履行了职责 上尉 |
[41:20] | What, you’re not gonna say good-bye? | 怎么 连再见都不打算说吗 |
[41:22] | I’ll give you this instead: | 我用这个告别吧 |
[41:25] | congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[41:27] | Looked like the tide was turning in there. | 看起来里面的风向变了 |
[41:29] | – That so? – You must be so pleased. | -是吗 -你们肯定很开心 |
[41:31] | Well, you know what really makes me happy? | 你知道什么让我真正开心吗 |
[41:33] | I was right about you all along. | 我对你的判断从始至终都正确 |
[41:37] | New administration. | 新的政府 |
[41:38] | Vying for position. Just following orders. | 争权夺位 我只是服从命令 |
[41:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:44] | I can understand that. | 这我理解 |
[41:46] | But you didn’t just play against me, | 但你不仅仅耍了我 |
[41:47] | you played against Dr. Hynek, and he’s not one of us. | 还耍了海尼克博士 而他不是我们中的一员 |
[41:52] | All the more reason to push him off the field. | 更有理由让他离开战场了 |
[41:54] | Well, game’s not over, Dan. | 游戏还没结束呢 丹 |
[41:58] | I think you may be right about that. | 我觉得这话你说的不错 |
[42:05] | It sounds like Quinn really pulled a rabbit out of his hat | 听起来奎恩真的使出了绝招 变了戏法 |
[42:08] | and saved Blue Book. | 拯救了蓝皮书计划 |
[42:10] | But that’s not all he saved. The night before the panel, | 他不仅仅救了蓝皮书 在上庭前一夜 |
[42:13] | I wrote out a statement, my true feelings about UFOs, | 我写了一篇声明 我对不明飞行物的真正看法 |
[42:18] | that they do exist, | 我认为它们存在 |
[42:21] | and after David’s testimony I missed the chance | 在大卫的证词之后 我错失了机会 |
[42:22] | to declare these beliefs that ultimately became my legacy, | 澄清我的想法 而最后这些成了我的财富 |
[42:26] | 蓝皮书计划报告 罗伯森调查小组用 艾伦·海尼克博士 | |
[42:27] | a legacy that lives on in the files of Blue Book | 能够活在蓝皮书计划文档里的财富 |
[42:31] | and now in this movie. | 而如今还能活在这部电影里 |
[42:34] | Whatever happened to David? | 大卫后来怎么样了 |
[42:36] | You know, I will always have | 我心中永远都会 |
[42:37] | a special place in my heart for David. | 给大卫留一个特殊的位置 |
[42:40] | I mean, he was a con man, | 他是个骗子 |
[42:42] | but he told us he’d save us from the Robertson Panel, | 但是他说自己可以救我们度过罗伯森小组审查 |
[42:45] | and that is exactly what he did. | 而他也做到了这点 |
[42:48] | Professor? | 教授 |
[42:49] | They’re just about ready for you. | 他们已经准备好了 |
[42:50] | Okay, thank you. We’ll find our way back. | 谢谢 我们自己出去 |
[42:55] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[42:57] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[43:04] | Allen, look around. | 艾伦 看看四周 |
[43:07] | None of this would be here if it weren’t for you. | 如果不是你 这一切都不会发生 |
[43:10] | And I woundn’t be here if it weren’t for you. | 而如果没有你 我也不会在这 |
[43:15] | Don’t you wanna look at the UFO? | 你不想看一眼UFO吗 |
[43:16] | Nope, I’ve seen those before. | 不了 那些我都看过 |
[43:19] | Show me something new. | 给我看点新玩意儿 |
[43:29] | Three, one, five, four, five, six, five, nine… | 三 一 五 四 五 六 五 九 |