时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | All right, we’re still taking calls on those UFO sightings. | 好的 继续接听UFO目击者的电话 |
[00:30] | I’m on the line with Jennifer | 连线的是珍妮弗 |
[00:32] | who claims to have actually met aliens. | 她声称曾与外星人有过接触 |
[00:34] | Gary, I have been sucked up by alien spacecraft many times, | 加里 我曾被外星人的太空船吸入过多次 |
[00:38] | – Uh-oh. – and I can tell you they are among us. | -不是吧 -告诉你 他们就在我们身边 |
[00:40] | Really? Now, what do you suppose they want? | 是嘛 那你觉得他们为何而来 |
[00:43] | Well, they want my eggs… | 他们需要我的卵子 |
[00:45] | …to start their own alien race. | 来繁衍他们自己的外星人类 |
[00:47] | Whoa, thanks for calling. Hello. You’re on the air. | 感谢来电 你好 你的电话已经接通了 |
[00:50] | I saw four aliens in a car. | 我看到四个外星人在车里 |
[00:52] | – I think it was a Rambler. – Whoa, stylish. | -应该是辆”漫步者” -哇 有品味 |
[00:56] | – Everyone fully formed? – Uh-huh. | -大家的外形完成了吗 -完成了 |
[00:59] | Everyone got 10 fingers and 11 toes? | 大家都有十根手指头和十一根脚趾头吗 |
[01:03] | Check. | 完成 |
[01:03] | Good. I guess we’re in. | 很好 看来我们打入内部了 |
[01:05] | Everyone comfortable? | 大家觉得还行吗 |
[01:06] | I have three holes in my face. | 我脸上有三个洞 |
[01:11] | Can anyone get your head to swivel to the rear? | 你们的头可以转到后面去吗 |
[01:15] | – No. – Then how are you supposed to lick your back? | -不行 -那么该如何舔后背呢 |
[01:20] | Maybe you do what they’re doing? | 也许像他们那样 |
[01:22] | Look. Life-forms, and they’re cleaning each other. | 看 生物 他们正互相清洁 |
[01:30] | Look at us. | 看我们自己 |
[01:32] | I can’t believe we look like them. | 真不敢相信我们跟他们一个样 |
[01:39] | Is anybody else sweating under their breasts? | 你们的胸部下面会流汗吗 |
[01:43] | No. In fact, I don’t have any. | 没有 事实上我连胸部都没有 |
[01:46] | I have tiny ones. | 我有小小的胸部 |
[01:53] | Quick, look. | 快看 |
[01:54] | That woman is going to drive with her feet. | 那个女人准备用脚来驾驶 |
[01:57] | Don’t you people have a home? | 你们这些人无家可归么 |
[01:59] | Uh, no, we don’t, but thank you for the idea. | 是没有 谢谢提醒 |
[02:05] | See? She called us people. | 听见没 她管我们叫”人” |
[02:14] | Listen. | 听 |
[02:16] | It’s that signal they keep sending into space. | 这是他们一直发射到太空的信号 |
[02:28] | Our home for this mission is Earth, a third-rate planet. | 这次任务的地点是地球 三流星球 |
[02:31] | I got a teaching job at a third-rate university. | 我在一所三流大学找了个教师的工作 |
[02:34] | Now we’re looking at a third-floor apartment. | 现在我们在找三楼的房子 |
[02:36] | Come in. Come on in. | 请进 请进 |
[02:38] | It’s the attic, so it’s kind of small, but it’s furnished. | 这是阁楼 所以有点小 不过家具齐全 |
[02:42] | – We love it. – Yeah, it’s so much bigger than a car. | -我们很喜欢 -是啊 比车大多了 |
[02:45] | Yeah. We’ll take it. | 没错 就这里了 |
[02:47] | You know, this used to be the rumpus room back in the ’60s. | 六十年代时 这里曾经是娱乐室 |
[02:50] | This carpet has seen more butts than Santa Claus’ lap. | 圣诞老人的大腿见识的屁股 都比不上这地毯 |
[02:57] | Ooh! What is this stuff? | 这是什么材质啊 |
[03:00] | This sweater? It’s angora. | 这件毛衣? 安哥拉兔毛的 |
[03:02] | Well, it’s wonderful. I’ve never seen anything like it. | 太完美了 我从未见过这样的东西 |
[03:06] | I like the color. | 我喜欢这颜色 |
[03:08] | Well, it’s very nice. | 真得很好 |
[03:11] | You’re not from around here, are you? | 你们从很远的地方来的 是吧 |
[03:13] | Well, Mrs. Dubcek, I can stand here and chew your fat all day, | 杜布切克太太 我可以陪您闲聊一整天 |
[03:17] | but time has no manners. Bye, now. | 但岁月经不起蹉跎 再见了 |
[03:20] | Sally, I want you to observe her. | 莎莉 我要你观察她 |
[03:23] | Find out what women on this planet do. | 调查清楚这星球上的女人的行为 |
[03:25] | – Why can’t Harry do it? – Because you’re the woman. | -为什么不让哈里干这个 -因为你才是女人 |
[03:28] | That brings up a very good question: why am I the woman? | 说到这儿正好有个问题 为什么我是女人 |
[03:32] | Because you lost. | 因为你输了呗 |
[03:36] | Dick? | 迪克 |
[03:39] | I can’t see through my eyelids. | 眼皮挡着 我看不见了 |
[03:42] | Open them. | 张开就行了 |
[03:47] | They’re manual. | 原来不是自动的 |
[03:54] | Oh, good. You’re here. | 太好了 你来了 |
[03:56] | Did you copy the mainframe in the library? | 拷贝了图书馆的主机吗 |
[03:59] | I got a little distracted. | 有点事让我分神了 |
[04:01] | Again? What happened? | 又来? 到底怎么回事 |
[04:03] | I was watching these women play volleyball, | 我在看女生打排球 |
[04:05] | and they were all jumping up and down, | 她们跳上 跳下 |
[04:08] | up and down in these little shorts. | 穿着运动短裤跳上跳下 |
[04:11] | And some can’t jump as high as the others, but it’s okay. | 有些人跳得没有其他人高 不过没关系 |
[04:14] | It’s more than okay. It’s really okay. I mean– | 岂止是没关系 非常得没关系 我意思是 |
[04:17] | – What is wrong with you? – I don’t know. | -你这是什么毛病啊 -我不知道 |
[04:20] | We can’t leave without that information. | 搜集不到那些信息 我们就不能走 |
[04:23] | So access the mainframe, enter the net, download, | 所以攻入主机 联网 下载 |
[04:25] | and then go straight home as soon as you’re finished. | 你一完成我们立马回老家 |
[04:27] | Why are you talking to me like I’m a child? | 你为什么用对小孩的口气和我讲话 |
[04:30] | You are a child. | 你就是小孩 |
[04:30] | – I’m older than you. – Well, now I’m bigger, | -我年纪比你大 -现在我尺寸比你大 |
[04:33] | and on this planet size matters. | 在这个星球上 尺寸最重要 |
[04:37] | – Good morning, Dr. Solomon. – Ah, Nina. | -早上好 所罗门教授 -尼娜 |
[04:39] | Here’s your mail. This is nothing. Nothing. | 你的信件 不用看 不用看 |
[04:43] | This is something, but there’s nothing you can do about it. | 这个要看 但看了也白看 |
[04:45] | This is an invitation to a party at the Dean’s house. This is nothing. | 这是校长家派对的请帖 这个不用看 |
[04:48] | And if you don’t stop staring at whatever it is you’re watching, | 无论你盯着什么看 如果不停止的话 |
[04:51] | you’re gonna lose something. | 我要你以后都没得看 |
[04:53] | Tommy’s just on his way to the library. Aren’t you, Tommy? | 汤米正准备去图书馆 是吧 |
[04:57] | Uh, yeah, I am now. | 是的 我马上去 |
[04:59] | I have to go look up the word “throb.” | 我要去查”悸动”这个词 |
[05:03] | He’s older than he looks. | 他的实际年龄比看起来大 |
[05:06] | I have to file some things for you. | 我得帮你整理文件 |
[05:08] | What is that? | 什么味道? |
[05:10] | It’s you! You smell so nice. | 是你 你真好闻 |
[05:13] | Thanks. I try. | 谢谢 我尽力而为 |
[05:17] | That had better be your nose. | 这应该是你的鼻子吧 |
[05:23] | Is your wife out of town? | 你妻子出门了吗 |
[05:26] | Mrs. Solomon is no longer with us. | 所罗门太太没有和我们在一起了 |
[05:28] | She, uh… burned up on reentry. | 她 在进入大气层时被烧掉了 |
[05:32] | I had a boyfriend who used to burn up on reentry. | 我的前男友也是在进入大气层时着火了 |
[05:35] | He walks with a limp now. | 现在他走路一瘸一拐的 |
[05:39] | – Good morning, Dr. Albright. – Good morning, Nina. | -早上好 欧布莱特教授 -早上好 尼娜 |
[05:42] | Good morning, Dr. Albright. | 早上好 欧布莱特教授 |
[05:43] | Nina, would you tell Dr. Solomon | 尼娜 请帮我转告所罗门教授 |
[05:45] | he parked in my space again? | 他又用了我的停车位 |
[05:47] | You parked in her space– | 你又用了她的停车位 |
[05:48] | I know. It was empty. | 我知道 可车位是空的 |
[05:50] | Would you tell him I’m going to have him towed? | 请告诉他 我打算将他的车拖走[tow和toe相似] |
[05:52] | Tell her I already have all the toes I need. | 告诉她所有需要的脚趾我都有了 |
[05:55] | I am fully formed. | 我的形体是完整的 |
[05:56] | That’s my parking space. | 那是我的停车位 |
[05:58] | Oh, so you have a car. | 原来你有车啊 |
[06:01] | Nina, go to the chem lab. Tell them I sent you. | 尼娜 去化学实验室 就说我让你去的 |
[06:05] | Get a pipe bomb, put it in Dr. Solomon’s car | 弄个钢管炸弹 放在所罗门教授的车里 |
[06:07] | and blow it up. | 把车炸掉 |
[06:11] | For future reference, I have a red Volvo. | 记清楚了 我有一辆红色的沃尔沃 |
[06:15] | Please, Dr. Albright! | 别这样 欧布莱特教授 |
[06:17] | We barely know each other. | 我们连认识都算不上 |
[06:22] | Dr. Solomon, we should get along. | 所罗门教授 我们应该能和睦相处 |
[06:25] | I’m very intelligent. You have an impressive resume. | 我天资聪颖 你资历惊人 |
[06:28] | I am the high commander. | 我是总指挥官 |
[06:30] | I must admit, when I first met you, | 我承认 初次见面时 |
[06:33] | I was attracted to your flamboyant nature and big head. | 你爱炫耀以及自负的个性吸引了我 |
[06:36] | Thanks, because I almost went with a smaller one. | 谢谢 我差点就选了个小头 |
[06:39] | Even though I am drawn to genius, | 尽管我觉得天才很有吸引力 |
[06:42] | this is a small office | 但在这小小的办公室里 |
[06:44] | and you are behaving like a big hose monkey. | 你表现得像只无耻下流的猴子 |
[06:46] | You’re not so bad yourself, woman. | 女士 你自己也不差啊 |
[06:49] | Knock it off. | 省省吧 |
[06:53] | What is my thesis doing out of my desk? | 我的论文怎么在桌子上 |
[06:55] | – I took it out. – My desk was locked. | -我拿出来的 -抽屉是锁着的 |
[06:57] | Which made it very difficult to open. | 所以非常难打开 |
[07:00] | You might want to make a note of that. | 你最好写个便条提醒下 |
[07:03] | – You read it? – I memorized it. | -你看过了吗 -我记住了 |
[07:05] | Well, it’s just a few thoughts. | 只是一些想法而已 |
[07:07] | – A few brilliant thoughts. – Really? | -非常了不起的想法 -真的吗 |
[07:10] | That’s quite a compliment coming from | 这话出自您这样资历的人之口 |
[07:13] | someone with your credentials. | 对我真是莫大的恭维 |
[07:14] | – I’m glad you enjoyed it. – Enjoyed it? | -我真高兴你喜欢 -喜欢? |
[07:16] | It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read. | 这是我看过的最好笑的东西 |
[07:19] | Your theory on “man and the animal within,” | 你那个”男人与动物本能”的观点 |
[07:22] | it’s hilarious. | 真是太搞笑了 |
[07:24] | Nina said you had no sense of humor. | 尼娜说你没有幽默感 |
[07:26] | She is so wrong. | 她真是大错特错 |
[07:28] | The conclusions that you draw are laugh-out-loud funny. | 你最后的结论 绝对令人捧腹大笑 |
[07:32] | I see. | 明白了 |
[07:34] | Dr. Solomon, you have crossed a line. | 所罗门教授 你太过分了 |
[07:37] | You have belittled my work, | 你贬低了我的工作 |
[07:39] | and you hurt my feelings. I don’t like you. | 伤害了我的感情 我讨厌你 |
[07:45] | – I don’t understand. – Of course you don’t. You’re a man. | -我不明白 -当然不明白 你是个男人 |
[07:50] | That’s where you’re wrong! | 这点你可说错了 |
[07:57] | Okay, so meatloaf is bread crumbs, | 那么 肉饼就是面包屑 |
[07:59] | – spices and ground beef? – That’s it. | -调味料加碎牛肉么 -是的 |
[08:02] | – Ground beef is essentially nothing more than a cow? – Yeah. | -碎牛肉本质上来说就是牛么 -是的 |
[08:05] | Well, doesn’t it scream when they stuff it in the grinder? | 那么牛在被丢进绞肉机时不会尖叫吗 |
[08:09] | Oh, no. That sucker’s been dead for hours. | 不会 进去前就死了几个钟头了 |
[08:14] | I have dead cow on my hands? | 我手上沾的是死牛吗 |
[08:24] | Women. | 女人 |
[08:27] | You can’t live with them, and yet, they’re everywhere. | 无法与之生活 她们却无处不在 |
[08:32] | So “P” itself is always even. | P是个偶数 |
[08:34] | And we can write “p” equals 2s, | P等于S的两倍 |
[08:36] | where “S” is some other integer. | S是另一整数 |
[08:38] | Substituting “P,” we find “P” to the second power | 代入P 得出P的平方 |
[08:40] | equals 2s to the second power, equals 4s to the second power, | 等于S的两倍的平方 等于S的四倍的平方 |
[08:43] | equals 2q to the second power. | 等于Q的两倍的平方 |
[08:45] | And we find? Who can tell me? Anyone? | 我们得出 谁知道 哪位 |
[08:50] | Okay, I’m getting ahead of everyone. | 好吧 讲得有点深奥了 |
[08:53] | Let’s simplify. How far away is Cleveland? | 简单点 克里夫兰有多远[俄亥俄州第一大城] |
[08:56] | 52 miles. | 52英里 |
[08:57] | – Someone give me another answer. – An hour away. | -哪位有其它的答案 -一小时车程 |
[08:59] | Cleveland is an hour away. Someone give me another answer. | 克里夫兰距离我们一小时车程 其它答案 |
[09:02] | A $9 bus ticket. | 9块钱巴士票那么远 |
[09:03] | Cleveland is $9 away. | 克里夫兰有9块钱巴士票那么远 |
[09:05] | A felony charge. The federal courthouse is there. | 重罪指控 联邦法院在那里 |
[09:07] | Yes! Cleveland is a felonious assault away. | 好的 克里夫兰有重罪暴行那么远 |
[09:10] | Someone else. Yes, Leon. | 还有吗 请说 里昂 |
[09:12] | Well, come on, Leon. Speak up. | 说吧 里昂 说出来 |
[09:14] | No, never mind. I had this idea, but it’s wrong. | 没什么 我有个想法 但是是错的 |
[09:18] | Leon, of course it’s wrong. | 里昂 当然会是错的 |
[09:21] | I mean, the odds against your being right are… | 我意思是 你错误的几率是 |
[09:24] | staggering! | 难以想像的 |
[09:26] | You have a great advantage. You know the outcome. | 你有优势 你知道结果 |
[09:28] | You will be wrong. Don’t fear it. | 结果就是你错 别害怕 |
[09:30] | Embrace your wrongness. | 拥抱你的错误吧 |
[09:32] | Leon, how far away is Cleveland? | 里昂 克里夫兰有多远 |
[09:35] | Cleveland is an eternity away | 克里夫兰是无限远的 |
[09:37] | if your heart is there. | 如果心在这里 |
[09:39] | Leon, that is so provocative. | 里昂 答案很有争论性 |
[09:42] | Where Cleveland equals “p” | 克里夫兰等于P |
[09:45] | and eternity equals “q,” | 无限等于Q |
[09:47] | transposing the logarithm of the heart, | 转换心的对数 |
[09:49] | where the heart is an unknown, | 心是未知数 |
[09:51] | we find that we are forever | 我们得出 我们永远 |
[09:53] | in Cleveland. | 在克里夫兰 |
[09:56] | No, I’m sorry, Leon. You’re wrong. | 不好意思 里昂 你错了 |
[09:59] | Yes, Caryn. | 说吧 凯伦 |
[10:01] | Dr. Solomon, I think that Leon meant | 所罗门教授 我觉得里昂的意思是 |
[10:03] | that Cleveland can feel like an eternity away. | 从个人感情上来说 克里夫兰可以无限远 |
[10:06] | Oh, it’s a feeling. | 哦 原来是感情 |
[10:11] | Yes, I know all about feelings. | 我了解感情 |
[10:15] | Everything’s just going fine, | 本来一切好好的 |
[10:17] | and somebody has a feeling, | 可某人有了感情 |
[10:19] | and kaboom! | 轰得一下 |
[10:21] | Suddenly they don’t like you. | 突然就讨厌你了 |
[10:23] | I think we can all do without feelings. | 我觉得没有感情我们也可以很好 |
[10:26] | Who’s with me? Your grade depends on it. | 同意的举手 你们的成绩取决于此 |
[10:30] | Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
[10:32] | I hope this doesn’t affect my grade, | 希望说这些不会影响我的成绩 |
[10:34] | but I have a thought. | 但我有个想法 |
[10:36] | – Yes? – You have to have feelings. | -说吧 -你必须得有感情 |
[10:38] | Feelings are like the core of the human experience. | 感情是做人的核心 |
[10:40] | The core of the human experience? | 做人的核心 |
[10:44] | Of course. I never thought of that. | 是啊 我居然没这样想过 |
[10:46] | Tomorrow, I want you all to write a paper for me | 大家写一篇关于感情的论文 |
[10:50] | about feelings. | 明天交给我 |
[10:51] | Tell me how it feels to use only 10% of your brain. | 写清楚只用了大脑的十分之一 到底是何感觉 |
[10:56] | Ooh, everyone was awake. | 大家居然都醒着 |
[10:59] | Nina, where is Dr. Albright? | 尼娜 欧布莱特教授在哪里 |
[11:01] | I have to talk to her. | 我有话跟她说 |
[11:02] | She’s gone for the day, but she’ll be at the Dean’s party tonight. | 上完课走了 但她晚上会参加校长家的派对 |
[11:06] | Dean Sumner’s party. Tell him I’ll be there. | 萨姆纳校长的派对 告诉他我会去 |
[11:08] | I’ll drop everything and do that right now. | 我马上放下手中的活儿 这就给您办 |
[11:11] | – I’m not sure how to get there. – I can pick you up. | -我不知道怎么去他家 -我去接您 |
[11:14] | That won’t hurt your back? | 不会伤到你的背吗[pick up有举起的意思] |
[11:18] | I’ll be in a car. | 我会开车去接您 |
[11:20] | Good. Come by and blow the horn. | 好的 到了后按喇叭 |
[11:22] | I love to hear people honk. | 我喜欢听喇叭声 |
[11:24] | What, are you from mars? | 啥 你从火星来的么 |
[11:26] | Mars? | 火星 |
[11:29] | Oh, no. | 当然不是 |
[11:51] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[11:54] | – You’re on the volleyball team, aren’t you? – Yeah, I am. | -你是排球队的 是吗 -我是 |
[11:57] | I watched you jump up and down this afternoon. | 今天下午 我一直看着你跳上跳下 |
[12:01] | – You’re really good. – Thanks. We won. | -你非常棒 -谢谢 我们赢了 |
[12:05] | Oh… it’s a game. | 哦 原来是比赛 |
[12:08] | Um, anyway, my name’s– | 话说回来 我叫 |
[12:10] | – Can I talk to you? – Come on, man. | -能聊会儿吗 -老天 又来了 |
[12:12] | May I remind you that we are not to alter | 在此我提醒你 我们不可以 |
[12:15] | the lives of the inhabitants of this planet in any way? | 以任何方式改变这星球上居民的生活 |
[12:17] | Yeah, but some of them are just asking for it. | 知道 但某些居民要求被改变 |
[12:20] | Pull it together. I’m extending our mission for one more night. | 振作点 任务延长一晚的时间 |
[12:24] | – Why? – I have faculty obligations. | -为什么 -学校方面必须尽点义务 |
[12:29] | Dick, don’t do this to me. | 迪克 不要啊 |
[12:30] | I never sleep. I’m exhausted. | 我都没睡过觉 已经精疲力尽了 |
[12:32] | Besides, you don’t have the authority to alter the schedule. | 而且 你没有权利更改行程 |
[12:35] | – I’m in command. – Yeah? Well, I’m in puberty, pal. | -我说了算 -是么 我还青春期呢 哥们儿 |
[12:41] | I don’t care what you say. It can’t be that bad. | 我才不在乎你说什么 不可能那么糟糕 |
[12:45] | I could pop at any minute. | 我随时有爆炸的可能 |
[12:48] | Aren’t you exaggerating just a little? | 你是不是夸张了一点点 |
[12:51] | – Give me your mind for just a second. – Please. | -看看我的脑袋里有什么 -得了吧 |
[12:53] | Come on. Just give me your mind. | 来吧 看看 |
[12:59] | – Oh! That’s disgusting! – I know. | -哇 真恶心 -可不是 |
[13:02] | – You think like that? – All the time. | -你想的就是这些 -时时刻刻都在想 |
[13:04] | We’ve gotta get you out of here. | 得把你弄走才行 |
[13:10] | – Dick, what are you doing? – I’m unpacking. | -迪克 你在做什么 -把行李拿出来 |
[13:12] | I’ve changed my mind. We’re going to stay a little longer. | 我改变主意了 我们得多留一段时间 |
[13:15] | I’m a dead man. | 我死定了 |
[13:17] | Whoa, that’s mine. | 这是我的 |
[13:19] | Be careful. It’s, uh… | 小心点 这个 |
[13:22] | very valuable. | 很有价值 |
[13:24] | You know, I have an urge to hold that. | 我非常渴望握着它 |
[13:27] | – That’s exactly what it’s for. – May I? | -这就是它的价值所在 -可以给我吗 |
[13:30] | Please. | 请吧 |
[13:32] | – I find this very satisfying. – I know. | -我觉得很有满足感 -了解 |
[13:35] | – I like this. – I know. | -我喜欢 -了解 |
[13:39] | I wonder what Dr. Albright is doing right now. | 我想知道欧布莱特教授现在在做什么 |
[13:41] | Give that back. Come on, let’s break it up here. | 还给我 咱们快闪吧 |
[13:44] | I will be so glad to get out of this body. | 真高兴可以摆脱这身体了 |
[13:48] | – What are you doing? – I’m unpacking. | -你在做什么 -把行李拿出来 |
[13:50] | – The commander wants to stay a little while longer. – What for? | -指挥官要停留久点 -为什么 |
[13:53] | Because we can’t leave yet. | 因为我们还不能走 |
[13:55] | Did you know that our bodies can produce feelings? | 你们知道我们的身体可以产生感情吗 |
[13:59] | I got a whole lot of them from Dr. Albright this afternoon. | 今天下午 我从欧布莱特教授那里得到了很多 |
[14:02] | – Really? – Yes. And I’m going to a party | -是吗 -是的 我打算参加派对 |
[14:04] | to see if I can get a little tonight. | 看看今晚可不可以再弄到一些 |
[14:07] | Oh, Dick, no. | 不要这样 迪克 |
[14:09] | I’m telling you, it’s a crime against science | 我告诉你 不亲身经历一下 |
[14:11] | not to experiment with ourselves. | 绝对是对科学的犯罪 |
[14:13] | Couldn’t we just conduct these experiments | 我们不能私下在自己家里 |
[14:15] | in the privacy of our own home? | 完成这些经历么 |
[14:17] | – What can she do that I can’t? – Lieutenant. | -有什么她能做我不能的 -副指挥官 |
[14:20] | – What? – Permission to speak freely? | -什么事 -请求自由发言 |
[14:22] | – Permission granted. – Sir, | -请求批准 -长官 |
[14:24] | would you jump up and down for us? | 你能跳上跳下给我们看吗 |
[14:27] | Oh, yeah, and put your hands | 对 而且把你的手 |
[14:29] | back behind your head like this. | 像这样放在脑袋后面 |
[14:31] | – I will not. – Please, for science, truly. | -我才不会呢 -来吧 完全是为了科学 |
[14:36] | No. I mean it’s not that I don’t want to help. | 不 并不是我不想帮忙 |
[14:39] | It’s just that I don’t know how comfortable we would feel | 只是我无法确定 在这样的经历之后 |
[14:41] | working together after an experiment like that. | 大家在工作上是否还会合作愉快 |
[14:43] | – It’ll be fine. – Go ahead. Do it. | -没事的 -来吧 快跳 |
[14:46] | – In your dreams! – Every night. | -做梦去吧 -每晚都做 |
[14:49] | – Look, absolutely not. – Okay, fine. | -绝对不行 -那好吧 |
[14:52] | You leave me no other choice. Now we have to experiment at a party. | 你令我别无选择 我们必须去派对上经历一番 |
[14:57] | Dick, listen to me. Women are trouble. I should know. | 迪克 听我说 女人是麻烦 我知道的 |
[14:59] | – I’ve been one for two weeks. – I know. | -我已经当了两礼拜的女人了 -我知道 |
[15:02] | Which brings up another point. | 正好想到另一件事 |
[15:04] | I command you to shave under your arms. | 我命令你剃腋毛 |
[15:08] | Doable. | 遵命 |
[15:10] | I’m sorry you find me so offensive. | 抱歉 我恶心到你了 |
[15:13] | Damn it, pull yourself together, man! | 见鬼 振作点 兄弟 |
[15:15] | – We’re going out. – Okay. | -我们要出门了 -好的 |
[15:19] | – Okay. Give me an hour. – An hour? | -好的 给我一个钟 -一个钟? |
[15:22] | Yeah. I gotta rotate these. | 我得收拾这两个家伙 |
[15:25] | It’s a party. | 派对啊 |
[15:33] | Dr. Solomon, how nice to see you. | 所罗门教授 很高兴见到你 |
[15:35] | – Good evening, Mrs. Sumner. – Won’t you come in? | -晚上好 萨姆纳太太 -请进 |
[15:38] | If you’ll back up. | 你退后我们才能进 |
[15:41] | Please forgive Sally. She’s not from Ohio. | 请原谅莎莉 她不是俄亥俄州人 |
[15:44] | Ooh, I love where you’ve put these walls. | 这些墙的摆放 我很喜欢 |
[15:48] | May I take your coat? | 把大衣给我吧 |
[15:50] | If I can keep my pants. | 裤子我能留着吗 |
[15:55] | Listen, I want you to keep an eye on this Albright experiment. | 听着 我要你密切留意这次”欧布莱特经历” |
[15:58] | Yeah, sure. What are these? | 好的 这是什么 |
[16:00] | Crustaceans. I mean, Dick is endangering this entire mission. | 甲壳类动物 迪克使整个任务都面临危险 |
[16:03] | – Mm-hmm, right. And these? – Unborn fowl. | -是的 这是什么 -未出生的家禽 |
[16:06] | I’m beginning to question his ability to command. | 我开始质疑他作为指挥官的能力了 |
[16:09] | Yeah, too bad. And these are? | 是很糟糕 这又是什么 |
[16:11] | – Cocktail weenies. – Cocktail weenies. | -小香肠 -小香肠 |
[16:13] | I’ve seen these before. They should be bigger. | 我见过香肠 应该更大些 |
[16:18] | Nina, right? | 你是尼娜吧 |
[16:20] | Oh, hi, Sally. Nice dress. | 你好莎莉 裙子很漂亮 |
[16:22] | – Thank, it’s just something I threw on. – Yeah. | -谢谢 匆忙中穿的 -是么 |
[16:25] | Well, you almost missed. | 是没怎么穿好[露太多] |
[16:29] | – Uh, hello. Here I am. – Yes, there you are. | -你好 我来了 -是啊 你来了 |
[16:32] | Dr. Albright, I’ve been thinking about us all day. | 欧布莱特教授 我一整天都想着咱俩的事 |
[16:35] | – I haven’t. – I want to try again. | -我没有 -我希望再尝试一次 |
[16:38] | I want very much to feel, | 我渴望去体验感情 |
[16:41] | and I want, even more, to be felt, | 更渴望被体验 |
[16:44] | and I mean that from the heart of my bottom. | 这是我的底心话 |
[16:47] | Well, | 好吧 |
[16:48] | yours up. | 一边儿凉快去 |
[16:50] | No, I wouldn’t do that. | 我不去凉快 |
[16:54] | I mean– I’m new at this. | 我是说 这一切对我来说太陌生了 |
[16:56] | You see, I’ve been getting a feeling, | 你知道吗 我感觉到了什么 |
[16:59] | and I’m trying to identify it. | 我想确认到底是什么感情 |
[17:01] | Rub it. Maybe it’ll go away. | 搓两下 说不定就没了 |
[17:03] | I just want to make it feel better. | 我只是想感觉更好些 |
[17:06] | Well, you could start by saying “I’m sorry.” | 那么 你可以从说”对不起”开始 |
[17:09] | – Okay, I’m sorry. – You could say it as if you meant it. | -好的 对不起 -认真地说 |
[17:13] | Oh, of course. | 当然了 |
[17:16] | Dr. Albright, I’m very sorry. | 欧布莱特教授 非常对不起 |
[17:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:22] | That felt great. | 感觉好极了 |
[17:24] | Let’s do it again. | 再来一次 |
[17:27] | Dr. Albright, I’m very sorry. | 欧布莱特教授 非常对不起 |
[17:36] | – Get away from me! – What did I not do right? | -离我远点 -我做错了什么 |
[17:39] | – Go away! – I don’t understand! | -走开 -我不明白 |
[17:44] | What do you think? They seem to have greater power | 你怎么看 这俩家伙碰到一起 |
[17:46] | when they collide. I’m not wrong, am I? | 力量更强大吧 我没说错吧 |
[17:49] | Sally, will you excuse us for a moment? | 莎莉 先出去一下好吗 |
[17:53] | Come on, girls. | 来吧 姐妹们 |
[17:54] | Let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[17:59] | You’re coming on to me. | 你对我有意思 |
[18:01] | I have no idea what that means. | 我完全不懂这是什么意思 |
[18:03] | It’s all right. It’s in my thesis. | 这没什么 我论文里就写了 |
[18:05] | It’s basic animal attraction. | 本能的原始吸引 |
[18:08] | We all have the animal within. | 我们都有动物的本能 |
[18:10] | Some are one swing closer to the tree. | 有人表现为在树上摇来晃去 |
[18:16] | I’ve see you preen and strut around the office. | 我看到了 你在办公室里骚首弄姿趾高气扬 |
[18:20] | I admit… | 我承认 |
[18:23] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[18:26] | Are you planning to do something important | 今晚 你打算用你的嘴巴 |
[18:29] | with your mouth tonight? | 做很重要的事吗 |
[18:31] | Because you’ve painted it bright red. | 你把嘴巴涂成鲜红色了 |
[18:33] | This always happens. | 这种事经常发生 |
[18:35] | Dr. Erdman had a thing for me. | 埃德曼教授对我有意思 |
[18:37] | Dr. Wallach, Dr. Zucker, Dr. Thomas, | 瓦拉赫教授 扎克教授 汤玛斯教授 |
[18:40] | the guy from Cornell who was here for a week. | 康奈尔大学来的 只待了一周的家伙 |
[18:42] | – That was insane. – E-excuse me. | -太疯狂了 -打扰一下 |
[18:45] | I have a sudden urge to clean you. | 我突然有种渴望要清洁你 |
[19:15] | Oh, Dr. Albright. | 欧布莱特教授 |
[19:17] | I was just thinking of you. | 我正想着你呢 |
[19:25] | Thanks for the weenies. | 谢谢这些香肠 |
[19:28] | Good night, Dr. Solomon. | 晚安 所罗门教授 |
[19:30] | – Thank you so much for coming. – Good night. | -多谢赏光 -晚安 |
[19:40] | *Spinning through space* | 曾经宇宙兜兜转转 |
[19:43] | *The smile upon your face* | 如今笑意盈盈暖暖 |
[19:48] | *Welcome to the human race, yeah…* | 欢迎来到地球玩玩 |
[19:52] | What a terrific evening. | 真是个美好的夜晚 |
[19:54] | I just had a great time. Didn’t you? | 我过得非常愉快 你呢 |
[19:57] | Whatever. | 无所谓啦 |
[19:59] | I think this is the most incredible place we’ve ever been. | 我觉得这是我们从未去过的好地方 |
[20:02] | The people are so… complex. | 人类非常 复杂 |
[20:05] | I love them. I just think they’re wonderful. | 我喜欢他们 觉得他们妙不可言 |
[20:08] | You probed her, didn’t you? | 你探测了她 对吧 |
[20:12] | I might have scanned her a little. | 扫描了一下下 |
[20:14] | I think we’ve underestimated the life on this planet. | 我认为我们低估了这个星球上的生命 |
[20:18] | The people have so much courage. | 人类非常勇敢 |
[20:21] | Here they are, hurling through space | 他们待在一颗熔岩上 |
[20:23] | on a molten rock at 67,000 miles an hour, | 以时速六万七千英里的速度在宇宙晃悠 |
[20:26] | and the only thing that keeps them from flying out of their shoes is… | 而唯一防止他们被甩飞的 |
[20:29] | their misplaced faith in gravity. | 是他们迷信的重力 |
[20:32] | I’m so glad we’re staying. | 真高兴我们留下来了 |
[20:34] | I want to find out what else they know, | 我要发掘他们还知道什么 |
[20:37] | what makes them happy, how they raise their young, | 什么令他们快乐 他们如何养育后代 |
[20:40] | what happens when they die, | 他们死的时候会怎样 |
[20:42] | why they call themselves the human race. | 为什么他们要自称”人类” |
[20:45] | Did they think someone’s going to win? | 难不成他们觉得某人会赢[race有竞赛的意思] |
[20:49] | Ooh, look. A shooting star. | 快看 流星 |
[20:54] | I think this is going to be our greatest mission. | 我觉得这将是我们最伟大的任务 |
[20:57] | Yeah, he probed her, all right. | 没错 他已经探测过她了 |
[21:02] | *Isn’t that a lovely ride?* | 美妙行程 地球之旅 |
[21:08] | *Sliding down and gliding down* | 缓缓飞翔 轻轻降落 |
[21:12] | *And try not to try too hard* | 放松心情 好好把握 |
[21:15] | *It’s just a lovely ride.* | 美妙行程 人类的窝 |