时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | Is it cable yet? Hey, hey, is it cable? | 装好有线了吗 装好了吗 |
[00:34] | You’re wired. | 装好了 |
[00:37] | This is the second most exciting thing | 此乃我的手曾握过的 |
[00:39] | I have ever held in my hand. | 第二棒的东西 |
[00:41] | Harry, you ready to go? | 哈里 准备好要走了吗 |
[00:43] | Dick, we’ve got cable, 72 channels, | 迪克 我们装上有线啦 72个频道 |
[00:47] | and, unlike primitive free television, | 而且和落后的免费电视不同的是 |
[00:49] | – this one you get to pay for. – Oh! That’s nice. | -有线电视是要收费的 -那可真好 |
[00:53] | Sally, are you finished in the bathroom yet? | 莎莉 你在洗手间打扮好了没有 |
[00:55] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好啦好啦 |
[00:57] | You live in an attic? You’re poor? | 你家住在阁楼上 你是穷人 |
[01:00] | That’s so cool. | 好酷哦 |
[01:02] | – Thanks. – Hi! | -谢谢 -你好 |
[01:04] | – Who’s that? – This is Cheryl. She’s a cheerleader. | -她是谁 -这是雪莉 她是啦啦队的 |
[01:06] | – A what? – Show them a cheer. | -什么队 -让他们开开眼 |
[01:08] | – Not in front of all these people. – Come on, come on. | -不要啦 这么多人看着 -快点嘛 |
[01:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:14] | Ready?! Okay! | 准备好了吗 好 |
[01:18] | Go, “R”! Go, “A”! | 加油 R 加油 A |
[01:20] | Go, “M”! Go, “S”! | 加油 M 加油 S |
[01:21] | R-a-m-s! Let’s go, Rams! | R-a-m-s 加油 白羊队 |
[01:27] | All right. So… | 好吧 看起来 |
[01:30] | she’s proud of her spelling. | 她很骄傲于自己的拼写能力 |
[01:33] | I’ll meet you in the kitchen. We can study in there. | 你先去厨房等着 待会我们一起做功课 |
[01:36] | Tommy, what happened to August? | 汤米 你和奥古斯特怎么了 |
[01:38] | August– well, August is bright and intelligent | 奥古斯特啊 她是很聪慧 |
[01:41] | and funny, and I love to be with her, | 又风趣 我也很喜欢和她在一起 |
[01:43] | but Cheryl’s easy. | 但是雪莉很容易上手 |
[01:46] | So you’re jeopardizing a meaningful relationship | 这么说你为了追求生理愉悦而不惜破坏 |
[01:48] | – for pure physical pleasure. – Exactly. | -一段有意义的关系 -正是如此 |
[01:50] | – Very well. Carry on. – Thank you, sir. | -非常好 继续吧 -谢谢 先生 |
[01:53] | Sally, here’s your coat. | 莎莉 穿上你的外套 |
[01:54] | And I want you to be on your best behavior. | 我希望你能拿出最好的表现 |
[01:56] | This is a party in honor of Leonard Hanlin. | 这可是莱纳德·汉林的庆功会 |
[01:58] | Why? Nobody likes him. | 为什么 根本没人待见他 |
[02:00] | They hate him, but they honor him. | 他招人痛恨 也受人尊敬 |
[02:03] | It’s a human phenomenon that I find fascinating. | 这是我发现的一个很有趣的人类现象 |
[02:06] | Behind his back they deride him, | 人们在后背嘲笑他 |
[02:08] | but to his face they kiss his ass. | 却又当面拍他马屁 |
[02:11] | Well, that’s just the kind of stunt you can see only on cable. | 这种绝技只有在有线电视里才能看到 |
[02:16] | Plus we got sports, music, movies. | 另外有线电视还有体育 音乐 电影 |
[02:18] | Oh, and look. | 快看 |
[02:20] | “El Mundo Pacifico.” | 太平洋世界 |
[02:26] | – Ah, that’s muy bueno. – No. | -真的很棒 -不 |
[02:46] | English, Spanish, French… | 英语 西班牙语 法语 |
[02:48] | I know, I know. | 明白 明白 |
[02:52] | Earth– go figure. | 地球人 想想看吧 |
[02:58] | Dr. Hanlin, it is an honor to have you here. | 汉林教授 欢迎您大驾光临 |
[03:00] | Well, thank you, Dean Sumner. | 谢谢你 萨姆纳校长 |
[03:02] | And, you, be a pleasant toady | 那个谁 麻烦你 |
[03:04] | and bring me another one of those, would you? | 给我再拿一杯那什么 |
[03:07] | Dr. Hanlin, | 汉林教授 |
[03:09] | we so admire your accomplishments. | 我们对您的伟大成就敬仰不已 |
[03:11] | Well, I admire your courage, Mrs. Sumner. | 萨姆纳夫人 我也很敬佩你的勇气 |
[03:16] | An Audubon print over the mantle | 一幅奥杜邦的画作居然没遮没掩的 |
[03:18] | passing for art– | 挂在墙上充艺术品 |
[03:20] | that takes guts. | 真是需要莫大的勇气 |
[03:23] | Look who I found. It’s Dr. Solomon. | 快看谁来了 是所罗门教授 |
[03:25] | Well, an honest man in a den of bootlickers, | 不错啊 一群马屁精中的实在人 |
[03:29] | not that I don’t enjoy having my boots licked. | 我并不讨厌别人奉承我 |
[03:32] | It’s just that I find you all contemptible. | 只是觉得你们太贱了 |
[03:36] | So tell me, Dick, what do you think of my work? | 迪克 告诉我 你觉得我的书如何 |
[03:38] | Mechanistic and disturbingly fascist, | 令人讨厌的机械式法西斯学说 |
[03:41] | but pretentious high schoolers might find it thought-provoking. | 不过自命不凡的高中生或许觉得发人深省 |
[03:46] | I think it’s groundbreaking. | 我觉得很有突破性 |
[03:48] | I don’t need the opinion of a water boy with tenure. | 终身聘用的送水员就别乱插嘴了 |
[03:51] | I’m talking to my friend. | 我正跟我朋友讲话呢 |
[03:55] | I like you, Solomon. | 我很喜欢你 所罗门 |
[03:57] | Well, I don’t like you. | 可是 我不喜欢你 |
[03:59] | But I don’t think anybody hates me more than your friend, | 你的朋友肯定是最恨我的人 |
[04:02] | – Doctor, um… – Albright. | -什么博士来着 -欧布莱特 |
[04:05] | Yes. Probably because I turned her down. | 没错 或许是因为我拒绝过她 |
[04:09] | I need something from the bar. | 我要去吧台 |
[04:11] | Yes, that should solve all your problems. | 去吧 酒精会让你烦恼全消 |
[04:13] | Well, then let’s get drinking. | 好了 咱们去喝酒吧 |
[04:16] | – Excuse me. – Can I help you? | -打扰一下 -有事吗 |
[04:19] | Well, somebody said there was | 听说这里有个 |
[04:21] | a giant flaming jackass over here. | 巨讨厌[燃烧]的大傻瓜 |
[04:25] | They put it out. | 火已经扑灭了 |
[04:28] | I hate that man. | 我恨死那个人了 |
[04:30] | I wish there was some way he could be– | 我希望他可以 |
[04:33] | – nicer? – No, dead. | -变得好些 -不 死掉 |
[04:36] | Well, you’re published again. Congratulations. | 您又出书了 恭喜 |
[04:39] | Nina, what are you doing here? | 尼娜 你在这里干什么 |
[04:42] | You’re a secretary. | 你就是个小秘书 |
[04:49] | You’re Dr. Solomon’s sister. | 你是所罗门教授的妹妹 |
[04:52] | You’re a lot better-looking than he is. | 你长得比他好看多了 |
[04:55] | Hey, I’m up here. | 喂 跟人讲话请看脸 |
[04:57] | Yes, all women would like to think that. | 没错 所有女人都希望小脸撑在大胸上 |
[05:02] | How would you like to have your eyeballs | 那你想不想让你的眼珠子 |
[05:04] | in the bottom of a martini glass? ‘Cause I can do it. | 沉在高脚杯里呢 我可以让你愿望成真 |
[05:09] | The amazon’s going to manhandle me. | 魁梧的女王要将我粗暴推倒吗 |
[05:15] | You’re not worth a broken nail. | 灭你这种人弄断指甲可不划算 |
[05:24] | Dr. Hanlin? | 汉林教授 |
[05:26] | Dr. Hanlin! Somebody call 9-1-1. | 汉林教授 快打911 |
[05:30] | I think he’s dead. | 我想他已经死了 |
[05:33] | Dr. Albright, you got your wish! | 欧布莱特教授 你的愿望成真啦 |
[05:45] | Okay, so the kinds of triangles are isosceles, | 那么三角形的种类包括等腰三角形 |
[05:48] | equilateral, scalene. | 等边三角形和不等边三角形 |
[05:50] | And what’s the other one? | 还有哪一种 |
[05:51] | Why do I have to know this if I’m going to be a teacher? | 我干吗要知道 我以后可是要当老师的 |
[05:59] | You want a soda? | 要不要喝汽水 |
[06:01] | ‘Kay. | 好啊 |
[06:03] | There’s juice, too, if you’d rather have that, or water. | 如果你想喝其它的 还有果汁 还有水 |
[06:05] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:10] | August, you’re here. | 奥古斯特 你来啦 |
[06:13] | Yeah, we have a science project, remember? | 是啊 我们还有科学作业 记得吗 |
[06:16] | – Yeah, right. – I think I want a soda. | -对哦 没错 -我想喝汽水 |
[06:20] | Oh-hh! Hello, | 你好 |
[06:22] | Auggie. | 奥吉 |
[06:25] | Cheryl. There’s something different about you. | 雪莉 你今天看起来不大一样啊 |
[06:29] | Is it your hair? No. | 是头发的原因吗 不是 |
[06:32] | Oh, you’re holding a book. | 哦 原来是因为你拿着一本书 |
[06:39] | Tommy, could you hurry up? | 汤米 可不可以快点 |
[06:41] | I’m really thirsty. | 人家真的很渴 |
[06:44] | Cheryl’s helping me with my math homework. | 雪莉是来辅导我做数学作业的 |
[06:49] | She is. | 真的 |
[06:51] | You know, if you want to hang out with Cheryl, that’s okay. | 如果你想和雪莉在一起 没关系 |
[06:54] | We haven’t made any serious declarations of our feelings, | 我们尚未就彼此的感觉做郑重宣告 |
[06:57] | so there isn’t the issue of ownership. | 所以也就无所谓拥有权什么的了 |
[06:59] | But– and, just like Cheryl, | 但是 就像雪莉的屁股一样 |
[07:01] | this is a big “But”– | 真的是如她屁股一样大的”但是”哦 |
[07:04] | you could at least be honest with me. | 至少你也应该对我诚实 |
[07:06] | No, August, wait. August, hold on. | 不是 奥古斯特 等下 奥古斯特 等下 |
[07:08] | I’m sorry. August, I’m sorry. | 对不起 奥古斯特 对不起 |
[07:12] | Hello! | 喂 |
[07:15] | I thought you were bringing me something to drink. | 你不是说要给我拿喝的吗 |
[07:17] | Oh, right. Sorry. Sorry. | 是哦 抱歉 抱歉 |
[07:20] | – Diet. – Sorry. | -低卡的啦 -抱歉 |
[07:22] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[07:27] | I can’t believe this. I’ve never seen anybody die before. | 真难以置信 从未有人在我面前死掉 |
[07:30] | I know, it’s amazing. | 我懂 这太神奇了 |
[07:32] | One minute, he’s active, | 上一刻 他还生龙活虎 |
[07:33] | and the next, he’s inert. | 下一刻 他就死气沉沉 |
[07:35] | First he’s limber, and then he’s stiff. | 一开始他还是软乎乎的 然后就僵挺了 |
[07:37] | His eyes are twinkly, then they’re milky. | 之前还眨巴眼呢 然后就翻白眼了 |
[07:40] | He’s rosy, then sallow. Oily, then dry. | 从红润到腊黄 从滋润到干枯 |
[07:42] | – Gurgly, then silent. – Will you stop! | -从聒噪到沉默 -消停会 |
[07:46] | Dick? Dick, we have a problem. | 迪克 迪克 咱们有麻烦了 |
[07:49] | – What? – I killed him. | -怎么了 -是我杀了他 |
[07:52] | Oh, that’s just great. | 看你做的好事 |
[07:55] | Didn’t I say best behavior? | 我不是说了要你拿出最好表现吗 |
[07:57] | I never meant to kill him. | 我也没想过要杀死他 |
[07:59] | Why can’t you be like Dr. Albright? | 你怎么就不能像欧布莱特教授那样呢 |
[08:01] | She wanted him dead, | 她也想让他死 |
[08:02] | but did she act on it? No… | 但她付诸行动了吗 没有 |
[08:03] | because she’s a lady. | 因为她是一位淑女 |
[08:08] | – The police are here. We’ve gotta get outta here. – We will. | -警察来了 咱们得快溜 -没错 |
[08:11] | – Just walk out calmly. – Okay, here we go. | -不过要冷静的走出去 -好了 走 |
[08:13] | – Look casual. – Okay. | -表现的随意些 -好的 |
[08:22] | No. No, no. | 不不不 |
[08:24] | I think we all know why Dr. Hanlin died. | 我想大家都知道汉林教授的死亡原因 |
[08:29] | He had a bad heart. | 他的心脏不好 |
[08:31] | He ignored his doctor’s advice. He brought it on himself. | 又不听医生的劝 他是自作自受 |
[08:35] | – Oh, thank God! – Yes! | -谢天谢地 -太好了 |
[08:37] | – Let’s eat! – All right! | -快开吃 -好哎 |
[08:42] | – Promise me something. – What? | -答应我一件事 -什么 |
[08:46] | Promise me that you’ll never do what Dr. Hanlin did at the party. | 答应我你永远别像派对上的汉林那样 |
[08:49] | Feel up the caterer? I won’t. | 调戏宴会承办人吗 我不会的 |
[08:52] | Promise me you’ll never collapse | 答应我你永远不会突然倒下 |
[08:54] | and be hauled away under a sheet, | 然后身上盖着床单被人抬走 |
[08:57] | because the thought of you lying there, | 因为只要想想你躺在那里 |
[08:59] | purple, rigid and distended, | 浑身发紫 身体僵硬肿胀 |
[09:03] | just makes me so sad. | 就让我伤心不已 |
[09:06] | ‘Kay. | 好的 |
[09:09] | You know what we should do right now? | 你知道现在我们该干什么吗 |
[09:11] | Run out of here, grab a couple of horses, | 从这里狂奔出去 逮上两匹马 |
[09:14] | right bareback through the woods all night | 不用马鞍就这么整夜在树林里驰骋 |
[09:16] | and make love in a meadow at sunrise. | 然后在日出时的草地上做爱 |
[09:20] | I have a class in five minutes, | 五分钟后我就得去上课 |
[09:23] | and that’s just the first of my reservations. | 这还只是我课表上的第一堂 |
[09:26] | Forget class. Let’s live! | 别管什么课了 咱们尽情享受生命吧 |
[09:29] | Let’s taste danger. | 让我们尝试冒险 |
[09:31] | Let’s go for the gusto, consequences be damned. | 让我们纵情享乐 不计后果 |
[09:34] | Let’s drive fast and eat cheese. | 让我们激情飙车 大嚼奶酪 |
[09:38] | Are you insane? | 你昏头啦 |
[09:42] | I’ve simply awakened to the sensual possibilities | 我对周遭事物浪漫感性的认知 |
[09:44] | of everything around me. | 被唤醒了 |
[09:51] | You know, I think she’s fully inflated. | 我说 我觉得你已经把她吹涨起来了 |
[09:54] | What is it, Nina? | 你拿的什么 尼娜 |
[09:56] | This letter just came for you. It’s from Dr. Hanlin. | 你的信 刚到的 寄信人是汉林教授 |
[10:00] | “Dear Dr. Solomon, | 亲爱的所罗门教授 |
[10:02] | if you are reading this, it means that I am dead. | 如果你看到了这封信 就表示我已经死了 |
[10:05] | As one honest man to another, | 作为和你一样诚实的人 |
[10:08] | it is my dying wish that you deliver an honest eulogy | 我的遗愿就是你能为我写一份诚实的悼词 |
[10:11] | without any embellishment or flattering crap.” | 没有华丽的修饰和乌七八糟的奉承 |
[10:14] | An honest eulogy, I can do that. | 诚实的悼词 这没问题 |
[10:17] | No, you can’t. | 不行 你不可以 |
[10:19] | An honest eulogy for that man would be insulting. | 诚实的悼词对这个人来说太无礼了 |
[10:22] | Well, I’ll just have to find something to say about him | 那我就给他写一份 |
[10:25] | that’s both honest and uplifting. | 既诚实又鼓舞人心的悼词好了 |
[10:27] | Oh, how about | 对了 这个如何 |
[10:29] | “We love him more today than yesterday”? | 我们今日爱他甚于昨日 |
[10:34] | S-P I-R I-T S-P… I-R… I-t! | |
[10:37] | Go, spirit, let’s hear it! Go, spirit, let’s hear it! | 打起精神 一起鼓掌 |
[10:39] | S-P I-R I-T S-P… I-R… I-t! | |
[10:42] | Go, spirit! Let’s hear it! | 打起精神 一起鼓掌 |
[10:43] | – Go, spirit! Let’s hear it! – Oh, gosh! | -打起精神 一起鼓掌 -天哪 |
[10:46] | Oh, that is– | 真是 |
[10:50] | she’s got the spirit. Isn’t she wonderful? | 她可真有精神 真棒啊 |
[10:52] | Yeah, the magic never ends. | 对啊 精神过头了 |
[10:56] | – Mrs. Dubcek, did you hear this? – Yes, I heard it. | -杜布切克太太 你听到了吗 -听到了 |
[10:58] | I don’t know what is going on up here, | 我不知道你们上面在搞什么 |
[11:00] | but I have plaster falling into my jacuzzi. | 但是我那里不停地往按摩浴缸里落灰 |
[11:03] | I’ve never heard it called that before. | 原来那叫按摩浴缸啊 |
[11:09] | – Take it outside. – Later, Tommy. | -到外面蹦达去 -回见了 汤米 |
[11:13] | So, Tommy, can’t find fulfillment | 这么说 汤米 跟一个肤浅简单的傻妞 |
[11:16] | in a meaningless relationship | 建立一段毫无意义的关系 |
[11:18] | with a superficial, simpleminded bimbo? | 也没给你带来什么成就感嘛 |
[11:20] | I know. I’m just as baffled as you are. | 我知道 我也跟你们一样困惑 |
[11:25] | Mrs. Dubcek, | 杜布切克太太 |
[11:27] | have you ever been involved in funeral arrangements? | 你有没有办过葬礼 |
[11:30] | Well, not for myself– for my second husband. | 给自己还没办过 给我第二任丈夫办过 |
[11:35] | – Lovely funeral, very nice. – Well, I– | -很美好的葬礼 很棒 -那个 我 |
[11:37] | I’ve been working on this eulogy. What was his like? | 我正在写悼词 你丈夫的悼词是怎么写的 |
[11:41] | Well, it was an outdoor service. | 这个嘛 当时是在户外举行的葬礼 |
[11:43] | And then this woman came along, asking for directions | 然后有个女人走过来问路 |
[11:46] | because she was lost and she couldn’t find her way home. | 因为她迷路了 没办法回家 |
[11:49] | And we were so touched, | 我们深深地被触动了 |
[11:51] | that we just forgot about Carl’s eulogy | 然后就忘掉了卡尔的悼词 |
[11:53] | and just planted him. | 直接把他埋了 |
[11:57] | So I– I just need to find | 这么说我要找一位 |
[11:59] | some babbling eccentric | 满口胡话的怪人 |
[12:01] | to create a diversion. | 来转移一下注意力 |
[12:04] | What are you doing on Saturday? | 你周六有什么安排吗 |
[12:08] | You’re just lucky you’re so damnedably handsome. | 看在你帅的这么惨绝人寰的份儿上 放你一马 |
[12:16] | Why does death have to be so inconvenient? | 为什么死亡会这么麻烦 |
[12:19] | Mmm, to die, to sleep. | 是死亡 还是沉睡 |
[12:22] | To sleep, perchance to dream. | 沉睡中 偶尔或有一梦 |
[12:25] | Ohh! | 哦 |
[12:27] | There’s the rub, | 这就是个难题了 |
[12:30] | for in that sleep of death | 当我们摆脱了此垂死之皮囊 |
[12:32] | what dreams may come… | 在死之长眠中会有何梦来临 |
[12:37] | when we have shuffled off this mortal coil | 一旦思及于此 |
[12:41] | must give us pause. | 便不由得踌躇不定 |
[12:44] | What’s that from? | 你从哪学的词 |
[12:45] | I don’t know, some Mel Gibson movie. | 不晓得 梅尔·吉普森演的电影[《哈姆雷特》] |
[12:51] | Mel Gibson, he’s dreamy. | 梅尔·吉普森 真是个迷人的男子 |
[13:01] | If we measure “X” in grams | 如果我们以克数衡量X |
[13:03] | and “Y” in centimeters per second, | Y以平均每秒的公分数衡量 |
[13:05] | then “Z” is measured in a unit of energy we call ergs. | 则Z可以用能量单位尔格来表示 |
[13:08] | The complete conversion of one gram of mass into energy | 当一克的质量完全转换为能量时 |
[13:12] | thus releases one times three times 10 to the 10th power squared, | 就是1乘3乘10的10次方 |
[13:17] | which brings me to another point– | 这就告诉我们另外一个知识点 |
[13:19] | Your lives are fragile, and you’re all going to die! | 生命很脆弱 大家都会死 |
[13:24] | Your time is short, | 大家的时日无多 |
[13:26] | and I barely know any of you. | 而我对你们的了解太少了 |
[13:30] | Close your books. | 把书本合上 |
[13:33] | I want to sit among you. | 我要坐到你们中间 |
[13:36] | I want to share your thoughts, learn your fears, | 我要知道你们的想法 了解你们的恐惧 |
[13:39] | expose your darkest secrets. Who’s first? | 揭开你最不为人知的秘密 谁先来 |
[13:43] | Bug, what about you? | 小虫 你先来吧 |
[13:45] | Why are you called Bug? | 你为什么叫小虫 |
[13:47] | I got hit by a Volkswagen. | 我被大众甲壳虫车撞过 |
[13:51] | – And, Leon. – What? | -里昂 你呢 -干吗 |
[13:53] | – Where are you from? – Here. | -你家是哪里的 -本地的 |
[13:56] | You see? This is fascinating. | 瞧见了吧 这多有趣啊 |
[13:58] | Uh, who’s next? Pitman. | 谁接着说? 皮特曼 |
[14:00] | Uh… what about you, Dr. Solomon? Where are you from? | 那您呢 所罗门教授 您从哪里来 |
[14:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:11] | I’m sure that you’ve all heard of the radio telescope. | 我想你们都听说过射电望远镜吧 |
[14:14] | Well… funny story. | 好吧 说来好笑 |
[14:16] | True story. I’m not human. | 真事 我不是人类 |
[14:19] | Well, that’s all the time we have. | 好了 今天的课就上到这里 |
[14:22] | And by the way, | 对了 顺便问一下 |
[14:24] | I assume that some of you have taken a class from Dr. Hanlin. | 你们中应该有人上过汉林教授的课吧 |
[14:28] | Does anyone have any stories about him? Oh, good. | 谁能说说关于他的事情 很好 |
[14:31] | – I need something nice. – Oh, sorry. | -好的事情 -抱歉没有 |
[14:37] | I know that it was his final request | 我知道这是他的遗愿 |
[14:40] | that I be forthright and honest, | 让我实话实说 |
[14:42] | but the problem is, | 但问题是 |
[14:43] | I can’t seem to find anything good to say about this man, | 如果说实话 就一句好话也没有 |
[14:46] | and I’ve been looking. | 当然我一直在找好话 |
[14:48] | You know, Dick, | 要知道 迪克 |
[14:51] | everyone has goodness within them. | 每个人都有好的一面 |
[14:54] | If you look beneath the surface far enough, | 如果你能透过表面看得足够深 |
[14:57] | I think you’re going to discover | 我想你就会发现 |
[15:00] | a basic inner core of goodness | 最基本最核心的美德 |
[15:02] | that, well, makes us all children of god. | 这种美德让我们均成为上帝的子民 |
[15:05] | Well… | 那好吧 |
[15:08] | I guess I’ll just have to try to find that in Dr. Hanlin. | 我想我得努力在汉林教授身上找美德了 |
[15:13] | Leonard Hanlin? | 莱纳德·汉林吗 |
[15:24] | Oh, well, good luck. | 那么 祝你好运 |
[15:32] | – Listen, August, about Cheryl– – No. | -听我说 奥古斯特 关于雪莉 -别说了 |
[15:35] | No, look, we used to be involved. | 别说了 我们曾经有纠葛 |
[15:38] | That’s over. | 但已经结束了 |
[15:39] | I’m okay with that. | 我不介意的 |
[15:41] | Now let’s not let it affect our academic relationship. | 不要为此影响到我们的学术关系 |
[15:43] | No, I made a mistake with her. | 不 这件事是我的错 |
[15:46] | See, I don’t want Cheryl. I want you. | 听我说 我不想要雪莉 我想要你 |
[15:48] | Of course you want me. | 你这不是废话嘛 |
[15:54] | What can I do to fix this? | 我要怎么弥补呢 |
[15:56] | You could take me someplace nice. | 你可以带我去有格调的地方 |
[15:59] | All right, um… okay. | 好吧 这样 |
[16:02] | There’s this thing I got to go to tomorrow afternoon | 明天下午我得去某个地方 |
[16:05] | ’cause my dad knew this guy. | 因为我爸认识那个人 |
[16:08] | It’s, um… you have to dress up | 那个 你必须得盛装出席 |
[16:10] | ’cause it’s really, really nice. | 因为那里真的真的很有格调 |
[16:14] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[16:18] | So when they asked me to come to earth, | 所以当他们问我要不要来地球时 |
[16:20] | I thought, “Why not?” | 我就想 干嘛不呢 |
[16:22] | I was in a rut, working for the Big Giant Head. | 我的生活一成不变 整天伺候大头伟哥 |
[16:28] | – You know him. – Harry! | -你认识他的 -哈里 |
[16:30] | Uh, just a minute. | 等一下 |
[16:36] | – Who were you talking to? – Nobody. | -你跟谁说话呢 -没人 |
[16:41] | Dr. Hanlin. | 汉林教授 |
[16:45] | – How did he get here? – I gave him a ride. | -他怎么到这里来的 -我载他过来的 |
[16:51] | This isn’t Dr. Hanlin anymore. | 这已经不再是汉林教授了 |
[16:53] | It’s an empty vessel. | 这是个空皮囊 |
[16:55] | See, if he were alive, could I do this? | 瞧 要是他是活的 我能这么干吗 |
[16:59] | Could any man alive resist a fresh banana? | 有哪个活人能抵挡住香蕉的诱惑 |
[17:05] | I rest my case. | 话不多说 开吃 |
[17:07] | But, Dick, when our mission ends | 但是 迪克 等咱们结束任务 |
[17:10] | and we leave this planet, | 离开这个星球时 |
[17:11] | will our bodies end up like that? | 我们的身体也会变成这样吗 |
[17:13] | Of course. It’s happened a million times. | 当然了 已经经历过百万次了 |
[17:16] | We study a planet. We take on the life-forms. | 我们在哪个星球上学习 就变成其生命形态 |
[17:18] | We finish the job. We discard the life-forms. The end. | 等到工作结束 就抛弃外形 完工 |
[17:21] | Dick, I feel different here. | 迪克 地球给我的感觉不一样 |
[17:23] | I mean, I like Sally. What will happen to her when I’m gone? | 我喜欢当莎莉 要是我走了她会怎么样 |
[17:27] | What happens to all her stuff? | 她的家当会怎么样 |
[17:30] | All her shoes? | 她所有的鞋子呢 |
[17:33] | You won’t care | 你不会在乎的 |
[17:35] | because the thing that’s really you | 因为真正的你 |
[17:37] | will be in another galaxy, | 会置身于另外的星系 |
[17:39] | and Sally will be… just like Dr. Hanlin. | 莎莉会变得跟汉林教授一样 |
[17:43] | Whoa, Dick, he’s going for the banana. | 哇 迪克 他要来吃香蕉了 |
[17:46] | Oh, no! | 不要 |
[17:51] | I need to run this eulogy by you. | 请你帮忙看看这悼词 |
[17:53] | Just say whatever you’re going to say. | 你想说什么就说什么呗 |
[17:54] | No, I think I’ve found a positive angle. | 不 我想我找到了一个正面的角度 |
[17:57] | “Office space is at a premium on this campus, | 目前 本校的办公室资源十分紧张 |
[17:59] | – so you’ll be happy to hear–” – Stop! | -所以我们很高兴听到 -别说了 |
[18:01] | The man is dead. | 逝者为大 |
[18:03] | We’re ready to start. | 准备要开始了 |
[18:08] | See how nice it is? | 是不是很有格调 |
[18:14] | This… is the thing for the guy | 这就是你邀请我参加的 |
[18:16] | you invited me to? | 某人举办的活动吗 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:34] | How… | 我们 |
[18:36] | can we honor the memory | 如何缅怀 |
[18:39] | of a man like Leonard Hanlin? | 莱纳德·汉林呢 |
[18:44] | Well… | 那个 |
[18:52] | he was governed by the laws of physics, | 他被物理定律牢牢控制 |
[18:56] | as are all living things. | 如同世间万物一样 |
[19:00] | It is a scientific fact | 科学事实证明 |
[19:02] | that hearts and clocks slow down | 当心跳和钟表速度接近光速时 |
[19:05] | as they approach the speed of light, | 就会变慢 |
[19:08] | the point at which matter | 而这两种东西 |
[19:10] | is converted into energy. | 都会转化成能量 |
[19:12] | Dr. Hanlin’s heart approached that speed | 汉林教授的心跳在周五的晚上 |
[19:15] | on Friday evening… | 接近于那种速度 |
[19:18] | at 7:57, | 具体时间是七点五十七分 |
[19:20] | according to the coroner, | 这是验尸官的结论 |
[19:22] | converting his matter into energy, | 他的实体转化成了能量 |
[19:25] | into pure white light. | 转化为纯白的光能 |
[19:30] | Though he is no longer with us, | 虽然他已与世长辞 |
[19:34] | he is all around us. | 但他永远与我们同在 |
[19:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:51] | That was absolutely beautiful. | 太感人了 |
[19:58] | Matter to energy? | 实体转化为能量 |
[20:01] | Could you have been more trite? | 您还能再俗点儿吗 |
[20:05] | Why didn’t you just phone it in? | 你还不如敷衍了事呢 |
[20:14] | The fact that someday we’ll lose these bodies | 某天我们将会抛弃这些身体的事实 |
[20:17] | makes me want more. | 让我渴望更多 |
[20:19] | I want to share myself with someone. | 我想和某人共享生命 |
[20:22] | And I think we all know who. | 我们都心知肚明那个人是谁 |
[20:25] | I want to savor every moment. | 我想要品味每一刻 |
[20:28] | I want to see places outside of Ohio. | 我想去俄亥俄州以外的地方看看 |
[20:31] | Hmm, I want one of those big cheeseburgers | 我想要一个三层面包的 |
[20:34] | with three buns. | 超大芝士汉堡包 |
[20:37] | I want one of those things, | 我想要那个东西 |
[20:40] | you see people with them. You know, they’re like this big. | 你见过人们带着它 大概这么大 |
[20:43] | – A baby? – Yeah. | -婴儿? -对 |
[20:46] | Aren’t you kind of stuck with a baby for your whole life? | 那你这辈子不就被孩子牵绊住了吗 |
[20:49] | No, you only have a baby for, like, two years. | 不是啊 只能玩儿两年 |
[20:55] | Men. | 男人啥都不懂 |
[20:58] | Dick, when are we going to leave these bodies? | 迪克 我们什么时候会抛弃这些身体 |
[21:01] | When we’ve learned everything there is to know | 我们学习了地球上所有的 |
[21:05] | about life. | 关于生命的知识后 |
[21:08] | Whoa. Good thing we got cable. | 哇 还好我们装了有线电视 |