时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | It’s a perfect night for observing. | 此等良辰正是观察好时机 |
[00:09] | It’s warm, dark. The air is crystal clear. | 和风煦煦 夜色笼罩 空气清新宜人 |
[00:11] | Okay, they’re in bed. | 是时候了 他们上床了 |
[00:19] | You know, I’m not satisfied watching the Mullers from afar. | 这么远观察马勒一家子让我很不满意 |
[00:23] | This isn’t what humans do. | 人类才不会这么做呢 |
[00:24] | Humans don’t just observe each other. They interact. | 他们不仅彼此观察 他们还有互动 |
[00:28] | We should make contact with them. | 我们应该接触他们 |
[00:31] | Here’s something different. | 有点新花样儿哦 |
[00:35] | You know, without their clothes, they seem kind of… | 把衣服脱了后 他们看起来有点儿… |
[00:39] | – gelatinous? – Yeah. | -凝胶状 -没错 |
[00:42] | – What is he looking for? – I’m not sure yet. | -他在找什么呀 -我也不清楚 |
[00:47] | Wait. Wait! Yes, this is it. | 等等 我知道了 |
[00:49] | I believe they’re going to mate. | 他们这是要交配 |
[00:54] | Tommy, pay attention. | 汤米 专心点 |
[00:56] | Why? This is like | 有什么好看的 就像是 |
[00:58] | sweating to the oldies without music. | 没有音乐伴奏却跳着健身操 |
[01:02] | This is important. | 这个很重要 |
[01:04] | Sex is how humans enrich their relationships | 性爱是人类充实彼此关系的手段 |
[01:06] | and reaffirm the commitment they’ve made to each other. | 以此来重申彼此间的承诺 |
[01:08] | – It’s the most sacred, intimate part– – They’re done. | -这是最神圣最亲密… -搞定 |
[01:13] | Already? | 这么快 |
[01:15] | Thank you very much! | 谢谢你让我没得看 |
[01:51] | Who is that smoldering beauty with the fiery eyes? | 这位有着勾魂眼的神仙姐姐是哪位 |
[01:56] | Katie Couric. | 凯蒂·科瑞克[《今日秀》的主持人] |
[02:00] | Katie Couric. | 凯蒂·科瑞克 |
[02:03] | It sounds like something beautiful stuck in your throat. | 感觉好像是美丽的东西卡在了喉咙里 |
[02:07] | Mrs. Dubcek, | 杜布切克太太 |
[02:09] | I need to go next door and become neighborly. | 我要去隔壁建立友好睦邻关系 |
[02:11] | What do you know about the Mullers? | 你认识马勒这家人吗 |
[02:13] | They’re lovely, very nice. | 他们挺好的 非常和气 |
[02:16] | Of course, I shouldn’t talk. | 当然了 我不该说的 |
[02:18] | It’s true your voice is not one of your best assets, | 没错 你的声音绝不是你该炫耀的资产 |
[02:24] | The Mullers have had their ups and downs. | 他家的经也有难念的地方 |
[02:26] | I guess her husband had some problems in the bedroom area. | 我猜老马在卧室的某个地方表现不力 |
[02:30] | Which area? The closet? | 哪个地方 衣柜吗 |
[02:32] | That’s what I thought it was at first, too, | 开始我也这么想 |
[02:34] | but it turned out to be a vitamin deficiency. | 后来才发现他是缺乏维生素 |
[02:36] | Vitamin deficiency? Mr. Muller and I can talk about that. | 缺乏维生素 我们可以聊这个 |
[02:40] | No, no. Stick to sports or cars. | 别别 就谈运动或车好了 |
[02:42] | Cars, yes. That’s great! | 车 对 太好了 |
[02:46] | I have a car. | 我有车 |
[02:49] | Oh, why am I doing this to myself? | 我何苦自作多情 |
[02:52] | She probably doesn’t even know I’m alive. | 她可能根本不知道我的存在 |
[02:57] | No, she knows. | 不 她知道 |
[03:15] | Hi there, neighbor. | 你好 邻居大哥 |
[03:16] | – You know anything about cars? – Is this your car? | -你懂车吗 -这是你的车吗 |
[03:18] | Yeah. I seem to be having some trouble with my… | 是的 我的车有问题 |
[03:21] | spark nuts. | “火母”坏了 |
[03:26] | Sometimes with these old ones, | 这种老爷车 |
[03:27] | you’re better just to call the junk man and have it towed away. | 你还是让收破烂儿的拉走吧 |
[03:29] | No, I couldn’t do that. I love this car. | 不 那可不行 我喜欢这车 |
[03:32] | It has a compartment just for gloves. | 这车有专门放手套的地方 |
[03:35] | – Dick Solomon. – Frank Muller. | -迪克·所罗门 -弗兰克·马勒 |
[03:37] | Haven’t seen you around much. | 不常见到你啊 |
[03:38] | I’ve seen a lot of you and your wife. | 我可常见你哦 还常见你太太 |
[03:44] | She says you’re some big deal professor at the college. | 听我老婆说你很了不起 在大学当教授 |
[03:47] | Hardly. It’s quantum astrophysics. | 没什么 教量子天体物理学而已 |
[03:49] | A drugged monkey could do it. | 被下了药的猴子都能教 |
[03:52] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[03:53] | I work the line at the ball bearing plant. | 我在轴承厂上班 |
[03:55] | – No, the Cincor Plant? – Yeah. | -是星科厂吗 -是啊 |
[03:57] | Are you kidding? I love your bearings. | 开玩笑吧你 我爱死你们的轴承了 |
[04:00] | What do you make? Thrust bearings or linear? | 你生产的是哪种 推力轴承还是直线轴承 |
[04:03] | Actually, I do journal bearings. | 我负责滑动轴承 |
[04:05] | Wow! Is that plain or rolling contact? | 是滑动还是滚动触头 |
[04:07] | On a good day, both. | 忙的时候都要做 |
[04:10] | Man, the stories you must have. | 有趣的事儿一定不少吧 |
[04:12] | A few, a few. | 还行 还行 |
[04:18] | – I thought you’d be more of an egghead. – No, all meat. | -我以为你是个书呆子呢 -不 一点墨水也没有 |
[04:30] | – Frank! – There’s the boss. | -弗兰克 -老板发话了 |
[04:34] | Well, I’ll see you around. | 改天再聊 |
[04:37] | Oh, no big deal, but | 本来是件小事儿 只是 |
[04:40] | your car’s parked about eight inches over the property line | 你的车占了我家八英寸的地儿 |
[04:43] | Could you watch that? | 以后能注意下吗 |
[04:45] | I’ll go you one better. I’ll stop doing it. | 何止是注意 绝对不占了 |
[04:48] | Thanks, friend. | 谢了 朋友 |
[04:52] | “Friend.” | 朋友 |
[05:00] | Watching television is amazing. | 看电视太不可思议了 |
[05:02] | I haven’t had a thought in my head for three hours. | 我脑袋瓜子已经空白了三小时 |
[05:05] | And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. | 看电视的好处多了去了 |
[05:10] | – Pseudo family. – Where have you been? | -假弟妹 假儿子 -你去哪儿了 |
[05:13] | I have been… | 我去了 |
[05:15] | in Frank Muller’s garage. | 弗兰克·马勒的车库 |
[05:17] | We bragged, we laughed, we tinkered. | 我们瞎吹 大笑 修东补西 |
[05:19] | He let me touch his stuff. | 他让我碰他的东西 |
[05:22] | It feels good to be around Frank. | 有弗兰克作伴真好 |
[05:24] | It fills an empty space I’ve been feeling right here. | 我心中的空虚感消失了 |
[05:27] | I think it’s because we’re friends. | 因为我和他是朋友才会这样吧 |
[05:29] | So no one told you it was gonna be this way. | 没人告诉你会是这样[《老友记》主题曲] |
[05:37] | – What is this? – Shake ‘n bake chicken. Just eat it. | -这是什么 -烤鸡 吃还堵不上你的嘴 |
[05:40] | No, this isn’t chicken. This is just… flakes. | 哪儿有鸡 只看见玉米片 |
[05:43] | – Okay, stay right there. – Sally, you must learn to cook. | -稍等下 -莎莉 你必须学会做饭 |
[05:46] | How far do you think you’re going to go with | 你觉得光凭曼妙身材 |
[05:48] | just a fabulous body and the intellect of a genius? | 和聪明劲儿 就能一路混下去吗 |
[05:51] | Look, the box had a picture of a chicken on it. | 看 盒子上有鸡的图片 |
[05:53] | I shaked it, I baked it. | 我摇了 我烤了 |
[05:54] | What else am I supposed to do with it? | 你还要我怎么做 |
[05:56] | Why don’t you ask Mrs. Muller? Get close to her. | 你为什么不去问马勒太太 跟她亲近下嘛 |
[05:59] | – Do I have to? – Yes. They’re plump. We’re emaciated. | -必须要去吗 -当然 人家珠圆玉润 咱们营养不良 |
[06:02] | You do the math. | 你自己好好想想吧 |
[06:04] | Making a friend is so simple. | 交朋友是很简单的 |
[06:06] | You may not be as good at it as I am, | 你可能没我这么厉害 |
[06:09] | – but I command you to try. – Dick, what is the point? | -但我命令你去 -迪克 这有什么意义 |
[06:11] | We’re not going to learn about humans by watching television. | 咱们可不能通过看电视来了解人类 |
[06:14] | We have to mix ourselves among them, | 我们必须完全融入其中 |
[06:17] | walk a mile in their pants. | 从他们的角度看问题 |
[06:20] | I just don’t know how to talk to women. | 我不知道该跟女人说些什么 |
[06:22] | I’m sure you can find something to say to her. | 我相信你一定会找到话题的 |
[06:24] | You could walk on the beach and discuss itching. | 可以去沙滩走走 聊聊搔痒 |
[06:30] | Oh, how exciting. | 太激动了 |
[06:32] | I am so glad I get to be the woman. | 真高兴我能做女人 |
[06:34] | Next planet, I get to be something big with horns. | 下一个星球 我要做带角的大个儿 |
[06:39] | Okay, so the shake ‘n bake | 这么说 调味料 |
[06:41] | – is just a cocoon for the chicken. – Yep. | -只是撒在鸡表面的保护膜 -对 |
[06:45] | And Chiclets are not chicken at all, right? | 芝兰根本就不是鸡 对吧[口香糖] |
[06:48] | – You’re not from Ohio, are you? – No. | -你不是本地人吧 -不是 |
[06:51] | I can tell. | 我就知道 |
[06:53] | I don’t envy you having to take care of three men. | 照顾三个大老爷们儿可不容易 |
[06:57] | I only got Frank, and he’s a full-time job. | 我伺候弗兰克一个就够呛 他还上全天班 |
[07:00] | Just once I’d like to see that man pick up a sock. | 哪怕一次别乱扔袜子也好 |
[07:03] | I’d like to see men put their dirty dishes in the sink. | 我希望男人能把脏盘子放进洗碗槽 |
[07:06] | I’d like to see them do laundry. | 我希望男人能自己洗衣服 |
[07:08] | I’d like to see them crammed between two steel wheels | 我希望男人被塞进两个钢轮中间 |
[07:11] | and ground into a fine paste. | 磨成细糊 |
[07:16] | You know, I’d like to see that myself. | 我也挺想见识下 |
[07:19] | You let me know. | 别忘叫上我 |
[07:24] | – Oh, you’re dangerous. – Oh, yes, I am. | -你是个危险分子 -没错 我是的 |
[07:29] | I like you. You can come by anytime. | 我喜欢你 想来随时来 |
[07:32] | I will. | 我会的 |
[07:34] | But do me a favor, | 听我一声劝 |
[07:36] | before you settle down and get married, you have some fun. | 在结婚前 一定要让自己玩个够 |
[07:39] | If I had your figure, | 我要有你这身材 |
[07:40] | I’d find some old millionaire in Florida | 我肯定找一佛州老财主 |
[07:42] | and slowly suck the life out of him. | 然后慢慢地榨干他 |
[07:47] | I have the very equipment to do that. | 我的确有榨干他的本钱 |
[07:51] | I’m sure you do. | 这还用说 |
[07:55] | – Hi, neighbor. – Hey, how’re you doin’? | -邻居大哥 -好吗 |
[07:57] | Harry, Tommy, this is Frank, my friend. | 哈里 汤米 这是我的朋友弗兰克 |
[08:00] | – Yeah, hi. – Is this place magnificent? | -你们好 -这儿很宏伟吧 |
[08:03] | It’s the garage mahal. | 堪比泰姬陵 |
[08:07] | You gotta have someplace to get away from the clucking. | 总得有个给爷们儿清静的地方吧 |
[08:15] | Ooh, color. | 彩电 |
[08:17] | 60 channels of it. | 有60个频道 |
[08:19] | Knock yourself out. | 想看啥随便 |
[08:24] | Dick, look. Debbie says that the | 迪克 看 这上面的黛比说 |
[08:26] | new Promax router can handle even the wildest curves. | 至大牌刳刨机可以搞定最难搞定的曲线 |
[08:29] | I don’t know if Debbie realizes | 不知道黛比有没有意识到 |
[08:31] | that can be taken two ways. | 这话还有别的意思 |
[08:35] | Frank, this is new. What is it? | 弗兰克 没见过这个 这是什么 |
[08:37] | – A back scratcher. – May I? | -痒痒挠 -我可以试下吧 |
[08:39] | Be my guest. | 用吧 |
[08:41] | Oh! Oh, this is heavenly. | 感觉太美妙了 |
[08:44] | That spot has been driving me nuts | 那里快让我疯掉了 |
[08:46] | ever since we landed. | 来这儿后就开始痒 |
[08:48] | Please, keep it. | 送给你了 |
[08:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:53] | I’ve never received a gift before. | 我还从来没收过礼物呢 |
[08:55] | I have to give you something. | 我得回礼才行 |
[08:56] | Take Tommy. | 收下汤米吧 |
[08:59] | – Frank! – That’s the boss calling. | -弗兰克 -老板发话了 |
[09:02] | You know, it’s fascinating, every time his wife calls, | 这个超有意思 每次他老婆一喊 |
[09:04] | he jumps. | 他就会跳起来 |
[09:06] | – See you around. – You can count on it. I like you, Frank. | -回见 -一定会见 我喜欢你 弗兰克 |
[09:09] | After all the time I’ve spent at the university, | 在大学里待久了 |
[09:11] | it’s refreshing to meet someone | 能碰到个不装聪明的 |
[09:13] | who doesn’t pretend to be smart. | 真是令我倍感来劲儿 |
[09:31] | “Jerry dates a blind girl. Repeat.” | 杰瑞约会盲女 重播[再说一遍] |
[09:34] | Jerry dates a blind girl. | 杰瑞约会盲女 |
[09:37] | You know, it gains nothing the second time. | 第二遍有啥区别 |
[09:40] | This has been a rebroadcast of the 11 o’clock news. | 以上是重播的十一点新闻 |
[09:43] | We will resume programming at 6:00 A.M. | 稍后六点再见 |
[09:49] | It’s the snow show. | 这是雪花节目 |
[09:53] | I saw this one last night. | 我昨晚看过的 |
[09:57] | So what do we do now? | 我们现在做什么 |
[09:59] | Why don’t we go visit our friends, the Mullers? | 咱们去好朋友老马家吧 |
[10:01] | – Lets. – Great! Will they be home? | -去吧 -好的 他们在家吗 |
[10:03] | 3:00 in the morning. Where else would they be? | 凌晨三点 不在家能在哪儿 |
[10:13] | – Hi, neighbor. – Wh-what’s the matter? | -邻居大哥 -出什么事了 |
[10:15] | – Nothing. – It’s 3:00 in the morning. | -没事 -现在可是凌晨三点 |
[10:17] | Patty said I could drop by anytime. | 派蒂说了我想来就来 |
[10:19] | Don’t worry, we brought gifts. | 别担心 我们带了礼物 |
[10:22] | A flank steak for milady | 牛腩排是送给女士的 |
[10:24] | and “The Tv guide crossword” for monsieur. | 《电视指南填字谜》是给您的 |
[10:27] | And by the way, the answer to “I blank Lucy” | 顺便说一下 我”空白”露西的答案 |
[10:30] | isn’t what you think. | 不是那个意思 |
[10:32] | Who is this? | 这是谁 |
[10:33] | That’s my daughter Cindy. She’s in college. | 我女儿辛蒂 她在上大学 |
[10:35] | My compliments. She’s a definite triumph | 这可不是盖的 她绝对是健美操 |
[10:38] | of aerobics over genetics. | 对抗遗传的巨大胜利 |
[10:42] | I think someone would like to see her naked. | 看来某人想看看人家不穿衣服是啥样 |
[10:46] | So, let’s fire up the barbecue. | 咱们开始烧烤吧 |
[10:49] | Frank, if you’re in danger, shout! | 弗兰克 如果有危险就大声叫 |
[10:52] | – Go back to sleep! – You seem upset, Frank. | -睡你的觉去 -你似乎生气了 弗兰克 |
[10:55] | – Go home. – Why? | -回家去 -为什么 |
[10:57] | – Maybe they want to have sex. – Again? | -也许人家要做爱 -又来? |
[11:00] | – Excuse me? – It’s not what you’re thinking. | -说什么呢 -不是你想的那样 |
[11:02] | It’s just that we’re so fascinated by you. | 只是我们对你真的很有兴趣 |
[11:05] | We’ve never met anyone of your economic class before. | 我们从未碰到过你这种收入档次的人 |
[11:07] | My class? | 我这种档次 |
[11:09] | Like you’re so much better than we are? | 你以为自己比我强很多吗 |
[11:11] | Well, yes, but you’ll evolve. | 是啊 不过你会进化的[赚更多钱] |
[11:14] | And until then, we can still be friends. | 进化前我们也可以做朋友啊 |
[11:16] | Friends?! You are not my friend. | 朋友 你不是我的朋友 |
[11:20] | We’re best friends. | 我们是最好的朋友 |
[11:22] | No, we’re not! Get the hell outta here! | 我们不是 快从我家滚出去 |
[11:27] | And another thing: | 还有一件事 |
[11:28] | get your precious car off my property! | 不准把你的老爷车停在我家地盘上 |
[11:32] | Fine! We can tell when we’re not wanted. | 好 不受欢迎我们是可以看出来的 |
[11:40] | We’re not wanted. | 我们不受欢迎 |
[11:49] | It seems that some of the… | 看来有些 |
[11:52] | subtler principles of electron motion | 电子运动的微妙原理 |
[11:54] | were beyond everyone’s grasp. | 超出了你们的能力所及 |
[11:56] | Be thankful it’s just a grade. | 你们该庆幸这只是成绩 |
[11:59] | In most places, this kind of performance | 在很多地方 像这样的表现 |
[12:01] | gets you a spanking that still burns | 一巴掌抽到你 |
[12:03] | when you’re blown out the airlock. | 被爆出飞船隔离舱后还在痛 |
[12:05] | Dr. Solomon, are you at least going to grade us on a curve? | 所罗门教授 至少您会用曲线评分标准吧 |
[12:09] | Of course not– I grade on a transient loop. | 当然不了 我会用瞬态循环评分标准 |
[12:15] | – What? – It’s very simple. | -什么 -很简单 |
[12:18] | Your expected score is located here, | 你们的期望值在这里 |
[12:21] | the parameters of your | 而你们实际表现的 |
[12:22] | actual performance are here, here and here, | 参数却在这儿 这儿还有这儿 |
[12:24] | driving the expectation versus performance data | 导致期望值与表现值 |
[12:27] | into the last three loops, two of which can’t be seen | 进入了三个循环对比 其中两个看不见 |
[12:30] | because, of course, they’re factored only in time. | 因为它们受限于时间因素 |
[12:39] | So is my “A” still an “A”? | 那我的A还是A吗 |
[12:42] | Oh, Caryn. | 凯伦 |
[12:44] | No. | 不是 |
[12:47] | This shouldn’t be all that difficult for you. | 这个对你们来说应该不难啊 |
[12:49] | The interactions of elementary particles | 基本粒子的相互作用 |
[12:51] | are far simpler than the interactions between people. | 比人类的相互作用简单多了 |
[12:54] | For example– Leon, | 比如说 里昂 |
[12:57] | do you have any friends in this class? | 你在班上有朋友吗 |
[13:00] | Well, sometimes I talk to Caryn. | 有时候我会跟凯伦聊聊 |
[13:02] | – So Caryn is your friend? – Yes. | -这么说凯伦是你的朋友 -是的 |
[13:08] | I see. Pitman, you and Bug are friends, right? | 明白了 皮特曼 你和小虫是朋友吧 |
[13:11] | Yeah, since third grade. | 三年级起就是了 |
[13:12] | We used to trade underwear on sleepovers. | 留宿对方家时 我们还换内裤穿呢 |
[13:16] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[13:18] | And this friendship weathers all circumstance, | 这份友谊经历了环境的考验 |
[13:21] | survives the frictions of daily life completely intact? | 以及岁月的侵蚀后依然完好无损吗 |
[13:24] | – Absolutely. – Yeah, totally. | -那是当然 -绝对是 |
[13:25] | Even though he obviously thinks you’re stupid? | 他觉得你很蠢也没有关系吗 |
[13:27] | You think I’m stupid? | 你觉得我蠢? |
[13:28] | Only in a good way. | 很正面的那种 |
[13:30] | So there you have it– friendship, | 看看你们所谓的 友谊 |
[13:32] | obviously just a big waste of time. | 很显然纯粹是浪费时间 |
[13:35] | And yet everyone on the planet | 可这星球上的每个人 |
[13:37] | gets all worked up about these pointless little behaviors, | 都为这无聊的小把戏劳心劳力 |
[13:40] | blissfully unaware of the great vaporizing meteor | 乐滋滋的根本没意识到地球浩劫 |
[13:43] | due in 2015… | 就在2015年 |
[13:47] | which obviously doesn’t exist because I’m kidding. | 我瞎掰的 开玩笑而已 |
[13:57] | Patty, thanks for letting Harry come along. | 派蒂 谢谢你让哈里跟来 |
[13:59] | He’s a little traumatized by all the tension at home. | 家里的紧张气氛让他的小心灵有点受伤 |
[14:05] | So does Frank know you’re with me? | 弗兰克知道你和我在一起吗 |
[14:07] | No, I told him I was setting a perm. | 不知道 我跟他说我去烫发 |
[14:09] | Does Dick know you’re with me? | 迪克知道你和我在一起吗 |
[14:11] | No, I injected him with a sedative. | 不知道 我给他打了镇静剂 |
[14:13] | I’ve got at least two more hours. | 我至少还有两个钟头的时间 |
[14:16] | Ooh, like “Thelma & Louise,” | 咱俩很有《末路狂花》的味道 |
[14:17] | except we just came to the supermarket | 可惜咱们只是来超市 |
[14:19] | and we haven’t murdered anyone. | 而且咱们也没杀人 |
[14:21] | It’s early yet. | 言之尚早 |
[14:24] | They’re so stubborn. Why do men have to be that way? | 他们真固执 为啥男人总这个德性 |
[14:27] | I’m still trying to figure out | 我依然不理解为什么 |
[14:28] | their fascination with burping the alphabet. | 他们对打嗝时背出字母表那么热衷 |
[14:31] | Now, the key to tomatoes is you gotta squeeze ’em. | 选番茄的窍门在于捏 |
[14:34] | If they’re soft, they’re ready. | 如果是软的 番茄就是熟的 |
[14:39] | This one’s ready. | 这个熟了 |
[14:41] | I’m the high commander! | 我是总指挥官 |
[14:50] | What are you watching now? | 在看什么呢 |
[14:52] | It’s the president Clinton show. | 克林顿总统秀 |
[14:55] | He looks good on camera, | 他非常上镜 |
[14:57] | but his show is incredibly dull. | 只可惜节目太烂 |
[15:00] | – Dick, are you all right? – I’m fine. | -迪克 你还好吧 -我挺好 |
[15:03] | – No, you’re not. – Yes, I am. | -不 你不好 -我挺好 |
[15:05] | Okay, but your back is starting to bleed. | 好吧 只是你的背开始流血了 |
[15:09] | I wish I had a remote. Frank had a remote. | 真希望有电视遥控器 弗兰克就有 |
[15:12] | If you like Frank so much, | 既然你这么喜欢弗兰克 |
[15:13] | why don’t you go live at Frank’s house? | 干脆住他家得了 |
[15:15] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[15:18] | What is your big problem? | 你这又是怎么呢 |
[15:19] | Nothing. I just reached out to Frank, | 没什么 只是我向弗兰克伸出了友谊之手 |
[15:21] | and he kicked me in the teeth | 他却把我扫地出门 |
[15:23] | because Frank hates me for no good reason. | 无缘无故的他就讨厌我 |
[15:25] | – But, hey, that’s Frank. – Humans are not perfect. | -有啥办法 人家可是弗兰克 -没人是完美的 |
[15:28] | Well, that’s a convenient excuse, isn’t it? | 这个借口真好使 不是吗 |
[15:31] | – You just can’t admit when you’re wrong. – Oh, please. | -你就是不肯承认自己错了 -得了吧 |
[15:34] | It’s not like I’ve never bonded with a life-form. | 和生物建立友好关系 我很有经验 |
[15:37] | Yes, yes, we know. You’ve bonded beautifully | 是啊 我们知道 你曾经身手利落地 |
[15:40] | with creatures on nine different systems. | 和九大星系的生物建立过友好关系 |
[15:42] | And those that wouldn’t bond, we ate. | 那些不友好的 全被咱们吃了 |
[15:46] | It’s different here, Dick. To bond with a human, | 地球可不一样 迪克 要跟人类建立友好关系 |
[15:48] | you have to give and take, like me and Patty. | 必须得互相迁就 就像我和派蒂 |
[15:51] | It’s not worth the trouble. | 不值得这么折腾 |
[15:53] | I can be perfectly content as a disaffected loner. | 做个心存怨念的孤独者 我愿足矣 |
[15:57] | Was that you? | 是你吗 |
[15:58] | No. And I always tell you. | 不是 每次放屁我都会告诉你 |
[16:04] | Someone’s towing away the rambler. | 有人在拖你的车 |
[16:07] | It’s Muller! | 是马勒 |
[16:09] | Why is he taking the car? | 他为什么要拖车 |
[16:13] | Because he knows I love it. | 因为他知道我爱这辆车 |
[16:15] | I told you, Solomon– | 我警告过你了 所罗门 |
[16:17] | eight inches over my property! | 占了我家八英寸的地儿 |
[16:22] | – Dick, what’s wrong? – I don’t know. | -迪克 怎么了 -不知道 |
[16:24] | There’s an odd sensation moving through my body. | 有种奇怪的感觉在我体内涌动 |
[16:28] | Who the hell does that stupid sack of fat | 他娘的那个白痴肥猪 |
[16:31] | think he is anyway?! | 什么东西 |
[16:34] | – Dick? – I have a plan. | -迪克 -我有个计划 |
[16:37] | Remember, we’re not allowed to liquefy humans. | 别忘了 我们不能液化人类 |
[16:41] | Okay, I have another plan. | 好的 B计划 |
[16:44] | That’s it. I’m invoking a supreme directive. | 够了 我要行使最高指示权 |
[16:48] | I’ll need witnesses. | 我需要证人 |
[16:50] | – What is it? – I want you to remember who you are. | -干吗 -你不要忘记自己是谁 |
[16:53] | I’m the high commander. | 我是总指挥官 |
[16:55] | And what is the high commander’s oath? | 总指挥官誓词还记得吗 |
[16:58] | As high commander, I vow to handle all problems | 作为总指挥官 我立誓以坚毅及审慎的态度 |
[17:01] | with strength and deliberation. | 处理各种问题 |
[17:03] | I will strive to understand other life-forms. | 以理解其他生命体为己任 |
[17:06] | I will avoid aggression | 我会避免纷争 |
[17:09] | and make peace with all those who piss me off. | 与一切惹毛老子的东西和平相处 |
[17:17] | – What are you doing here? – Dick. | -你来干什么 -迪克 |
[17:19] | We’ve come to apologize and make a peace offering. | 我们来道歉并请求和解的 |
[17:21] | So the great professor offers the lowly chump a present | 高高在上的教授给卑微的老粗送礼物 |
[17:25] | – and makes it better. – That’s what we’re hoping. | -以求心安 -希望能有这效果 |
[17:28] | It’s a double-sleeved roller bearing. | 双套筒滚动轴承 |
[17:31] | Look, you can talk down to me, | 听着 你可以贬低我 |
[17:33] | you can wake me up at 3:00 in the morning, | 可以在凌晨三点吵醒我 |
[17:36] | but you can’t buy me off. | 但我的自尊是你收买不了的 |
[17:38] | – It’s cambered. – Get out! | -这是弧面的哦 -滚 |
[17:40] | Aren’t you listening, chunky? He’s apologizing. | 你聋了吗 肥仔 人家可是在道歉呢 |
[17:42] | Now, now, now– we are not going to sink down to his level. | 别别别 别和他一般见识 |
[17:46] | My level? | 一般见识 |
[17:48] | You people always go straight to the snob stuff. | 你们这种人全是势利眼 |
[17:50] | Who are you calling “People”? You want a piece of me, huh? | 什么叫”你们这种人” 要单跳吗 |
[17:53] | You want a piece, huh? | 要单跳吗 |
[17:58] | You want to fight? Come on! Come on! | 要单挑吗 来啊 来啊 |
[18:01] | – That’s enough. – Get your hands off of me. | -够了 -不准碰我 |
[18:03] | – Sorry. – I-don’t-like it! | -对不起 -我很不爽 |
[18:07] | Please don’t do that. | 请别这样 |
[18:08] | Yeah, what are you gonna do about it? | 你能把我咋样 |
[18:09] | Huh? Huh? Huh? Egghead! Brainiac! | 能咋样 书呆子 大教授 |
[18:15] | Dick, I am so disappointed in you. | 迪克 我对你太失望了 |
[18:17] | I don’t know what happened. I just lost control. | 我不知道这是怎么了 我没法控制自己 |
[18:19] | Yeah, well, you hurt a human. | 你打人了 |
[18:21] | We are in so much trouble. What if he talks? | 咱们有大麻烦了 万一他到处说怎么办 |
[18:23] | – He won’t if we finish him off. – This is awful! | -彻底结果他就没得说了 -这太糟糕了 |
[18:26] | – Well, you should feel awful, pal. – But I don’t. | -觉得糟糕是应该的 兄弟 -可我不觉得啊 |
[18:28] | I feel better, and powerful. | 我感觉很好 觉得自己很强大 |
[18:30] | This is why people have friends– | 这就是人类拥有朋友的原因 |
[18:32] | so they can hit them. | 有人可揍 |
[18:35] | This is incredible. It’s the best I’ve ever felt! | 太不可思议了 从未感觉这么爽 |
[18:40] | Well, there’s the down side. | 好吧 原来还是有负面感觉 |
[18:55] | I’m so sorry about all this. | 真是很抱歉 |
[18:57] | Frank can be such an idiot. | 弗兰克真是个白痴 |
[18:59] | How’s your brother? Is he licking his wounds? | 你哥哥呢 在疗伤吗[舔伤口] |
[19:01] | He tried, but he couldn’t reach ’em, | 试过了 他自己舔不着 |
[19:03] | so he made Harry do it. | 让哈里舔的 |
[19:06] | Hello. | 打扰了 |
[19:08] | You let sleeping dogs lie, Frank Muller. | 不要再惹事了 弗兰克·马勒 |
[19:11] | This is guy stuff. Don’t get your panties in a wad. | 这是老爷们儿的事 娘们儿别管[内裤要平整] |
[19:16] | That’s some good advice, thanks. | 好建议 谢啦 |
[19:18] | So, uh, how’re you doin’? | 你怎么样了 |
[19:21] | – I’m swollen, thank you. – So am I. | -我肿了一块 多谢关心 -我也是 |
[19:24] | Why are you suddenly so civil? | 你为什么一下子又客气起来了 |
[19:26] | Now we understand each other’s boundaries. | 现在我们知道了对方的底限 |
[19:28] | You know my limits. I know your limits. | 知道什么会惹对方发飙 |
[19:30] | Now we can respect each other. | 这样就可以互相尊重了嘛 |
[19:32] | Wait, let me see if I can get this straight. | 等等 看看我明白了没有 |
[19:35] | In order to achieve each other’s respect, | 为获得彼此的尊重 |
[19:38] | you had to resort to violent confrontation. | 你们必须采取暴力对抗的手段 |
[19:41] | Now, doesn’t that strike you as stupid? | 这样不是显得你们特傻吗 |
[19:46] | – Kids, huh? – They don’t understand the world. | -你儿子? -小孩子啥都不懂 |
[19:50] | So, uh, we still friends? | 我们还是朋友吗 |
[19:53] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[20:03] | Okay, I finished my letter. | 我终于把信写完了 |
[20:06] | “Dear president Clinton, | 亲爱的克林顿总统 |
[20:08] | I’ve seen your program on TV, | 我在电视上看到了你的节目 |
[20:10] | and I think you need help. | 我觉得你需要帮助 |
[20:14] | Maybe in the next episode | 在下一集里 |
[20:16] | there could be gunfire | 可以引入枪战嘛 |
[20:19] | or even some explosions. | 甚至可以来点爆炸 |
[20:23] | I know I’d like that. | 反正我挺喜欢的 |
[20:25] | Thanks for letting me share my thoughts–“ | 谢谢您让我发表自己的看法 |
[20:28] | oh, I forgot to include my name and address. | 我忘了署名和写地址了 |
[20:32] | You know, Patty is a woman | 派蒂是一位很有深度 |
[20:34] | of unexpected depth and wisdom. | 很有智慧的女性 |
[20:36] | She does things with contact paper | 她用防尘纸的方法 |
[20:39] | most women can only dream of. | 大多数女人根本想都想不到 |
[20:41] | I think I finally understand | 我想我终于理解了 |
[20:43] | this compelling urge to make friends. | 这种迫切交朋友的渴望 |
[20:45] | It isn’t intellectual at all. | 根本与理性无关 |
[20:47] | These bodies have a basic physical need for other people. | 这是人类身体的基本生理需求 |
[20:50] | Well, in a biology this primitive, | 有着如此原始的生理 |
[20:52] | there are bound to be a few weaknesses. | 人类没弱点才怪 |
[20:54] | But that’s the paradox. It’s not a weakness. | 矛盾就在这里 这不是弱点 |
[20:57] | That need is what brings them together, | 这种需求让人类凝聚在一起 |
[20:59] | and that unity is an enormous source of power. | 而团结就有了力量 |
[21:03] | Yeah, it’s powerful, all right, but it’s dangerous. | 没错 有力量 但是也很危险 |
[21:06] | There are some urges we’re | 有些渴望 |
[21:08] | just going to have to learn to control. | 我们还是得学着要控制 |
[21:10] | Whoa! Their daughter’s home. | 哇 老马的女儿回家了 |