时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Why do we have to come to school to talk to Tommy’s teachers? | 为什么咱们得来学校见汤米的老师 |
[00:04] | I know, it’s completely a waste of time. | 可不是 完全是浪费时间 |
[00:05] | – Why can’t they come to us? – I’m telling you, | -为什么老师不去见咱们 -我跟你说 |
[00:07] | the high school teachers on this planet | 这星球上的高中老师 |
[00:09] | are so full of themselves. | 太自以为是了 |
[00:10] | It’s all those TV commercials glorifying learning. | 都怪那些电视广告吹得天花乱坠 |
[00:13] | You know, “The more you know.” | “你知道的越多”那套 |
[00:17] | It makes them drunk with power. | 让老师们醉心于权势 |
[00:19] | Yeah, well, that’s going to change right now. | 是的 世道该变下了 |
[00:21] | Where’s this Mr. Randell, anyway? | 这个兰登老师到底去哪里了 |
[00:23] | When that mealymouthed little worm shows up, | 这个说话拐弯抹角的懦夫出现后 |
[00:25] | I’m going to teach him the meaning of the word– | 我要好好教教他文字的意义 |
[00:28] | Hiya. | 你好呀 |
[00:30] | – Dr. and Mrs. Solomon? – No. | -所罗门教授及夫人吗 -不是 |
[00:33] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[00:36] | I’m his sister, a woman. | 我是他妹妹 女人 |
[00:41] | Not married. Just me, | 不是他夫人 只是我 |
[00:43] | single Sally. | 单身莎莉 |
[00:46] | Mr. Randell, I’d like to | 兰登老师 我希望 |
[00:47] | get out of here while I’m still clean-shaven. | 能在胡子长出来前离开这里 |
[00:49] | So you can begin lavishing Tommy with praises | 你想夸汤米就尽情地夸吧 |
[00:52] | anytime you’re ready. | 准备好就可以开始了 |
[00:54] | Well, the truth is that… | 其实我是想说 |
[00:57] | I think Tommy can do a lot better. | 我认为汤米可以表现得更好 |
[00:59] | Be careful, sir. You’re talking about the creature | 说话小心点 先生 你说的这个大活人 |
[01:01] | I’ve come to think of as my son. | 我可是把他当作儿子看待的 |
[01:04] | He could do better. | 他可以表现得更好 |
[01:07] | You know… | 你知道的 |
[01:09] | whatever. | 随便你啦 |
[01:11] | Excuse us. | 抱歉 |
[01:12] | – What are you doing? – I don’t know. | -你在做什么 -我不知道 |
[01:14] | He’s giving off this vibe. Can’t you feel it? | 他四周的氛围 你感觉到了吗 |
[01:15] | Yes, I think I do. | 感觉到了 |
[01:17] | Does it feel like a stabbing pain in your left buttock? | 是不是感觉左边屁股有针扎似的痛 |
[01:21] | No. | 不是 |
[01:23] | Then I appear to be sitting on a tack. | 看来我是坐图钉上了 |
[01:26] | Dr. Solomon, Tommy’s very bright, no question. | 所罗门教授 毫无疑问 汤米很聪明 |
[01:30] | Unfortunately, Tommy’s having a little trouble fitting in. | 遗憾地是 汤米在融入集体方面有问题 |
[01:32] | – What do you mean, fitting in? – Excuse me, | -融入集体是什么意思 -打扰下 |
[01:34] | but there’s something about the thickness of your neck | 只是你那粗壮的脖子 |
[01:36] | and the broadness of your shoulders | 以及宽阔的肩膀 |
[01:39] | that makes me think you’d be an agile hunter | 让我觉得你会是身手敏捷的猎人 |
[01:41] | and provide well for our children. | 能够让咱们的孩子吃得饱饱的 |
[01:46] | Sally, I chaperone the school dance every year. | 莎莉 我每年都会做学校舞会的监护人 |
[01:48] | – Would you–? – Yes. | -你愿意… -愿意 |
[01:50] | – Great. – Wait a minute. What about Tommy? | -太好了 -等等 那汤米呢? |
[01:53] | He’s fine. Great kid. | 他挺好的 好孩子 |
[01:58] | Why didn’t you say so in the first place? | 你为什么不早说 |
[02:00] | Next time, you might try organizing your thoughts | 下次 拜托你先把自己的想法组织好 |
[02:02] | on a little index card first. | 写在提示卡上 |
[02:04] | Come on, Sally. | 走吧 莎莉 |
[02:07] | – Wasn’t he cute? – Totally adorable. | -他是不是很可爱 -非常招人喜欢 |
[02:09] | A little on the scattered side, though. | 就是有点魂不守舍的 |
[02:10] | He asked me to a dance. | 他邀请我参加舞会 |
[02:12] | – Dick, I get to go dancing! – Nice. | -迪克 我可以去跳舞啦 -很好 |
[02:15] | What’s dancing? | 什么是跳舞 |
[02:51] | Harry, can I ask you a question? | 哈里 可以问你个问题吗 |
[02:53] | Uh, sure. Just give me a second | 可以 只是稍等一下 |
[02:55] | to finish what I was doing. | 让我做完手头的事儿 |
[03:05] | Okay, what is it? | 好了 什么问题 |
[03:09] | Can you dance? | 你会跳舞吗 |
[03:11] | I have no idea, but I’ll try. | 不知道 不过可以试试 |
[03:18] | Why, yes, I can. | 看来我可以 |
[03:21] | It appears I’m quite good. | 而且我跳得还不赖 |
[03:25] | How are you doing that? | 你是怎么跳的 |
[03:26] | You know, I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[03:28] | I think it’s sort of a built-in function. You try. | 我想可能是内置式功能吧 你试试 |
[03:37] | Wow! You suck. | 哇 你跳得好烂 |
[03:43] | You must feel like crap. | 你一定感觉糟透了 |
[03:47] | That’s it, spank me. | 对了 打我屁屁吧 |
[03:53] | Tommy, I talked to your teacher, Mr. Randell. | 汤米 我跟你的老师兰登先生谈过了 |
[03:56] | He said that you’re not fitting in. | 他说你没有融入集体 |
[03:58] | Of course I’m not fitting in. | 我哪儿融得进去啊 |
[04:00] | To fit in, you have to be something. | 要想融进去 你得是个什么人才行 |
[04:01] | Well, we’re something. | 我们是人啊 |
[04:03] | We’re human beings. Why, has anyone said differently? | 我们是人类 难道有人说我们不是吗 |
[04:06] | No, it’s just everybody at school is something extra. | 没有 只是学校里的人不仅仅是”人” |
[04:09] | You know, they’re African- American or Italian-American | 他们是非裔美国人 意大利裔美国人 |
[04:12] | or Asian-American, | 或者是亚裔美国人 |
[04:13] | audio-visual American. | 视听裔美国人[其实是教学用视听美语] |
[04:17] | Well, we’re human-American. That should be enough. | 我们是人裔美国人 这样还不够吗 |
[04:19] | Dick, it’s part of my mission as an adolescent | 迪克 作为青春期少年的任务之一 |
[04:21] | to rebel against my upbringing. | 就是要反叛家庭教育 |
[04:23] | If you don’t tell me what we are, | 如果我连咱们是”什么”人都不知道 |
[04:25] | then I can’t do my job. | 我上哪儿反叛去 |
[04:27] | All right, if we have to be part of some group, | 好吧 如果咱们一定得加入某一伙 |
[04:30] | we will be. | 那就加入吧 |
[04:31] | I’ll do some research. I’ll ask around. | 我会做些调查 四处打听下 |
[04:33] | I’ll find out what the best thing to be is. | 我会找出最好的是哪一伙 |
[04:35] | By the end of the week, we’ll be that. | 这周末 咱们就加入 |
[04:36] | Wait, what should I be till then? | 等等 那周末前我是什么人 |
[04:38] | Well, we’re carbon-based life-forms. | 我们是以碳元素为基础的生命体 |
[04:40] | Just tell everyone we’re carbo-Americans. | 告诉大家咱们是碳裔美国人 |
[04:50] | Aztec, Toltec, | 阿兹特克人 托尔特克人 |
[04:53] | Toltec, Inca, Inuit, | 托尔特克人 印加人 因纽特人 |
[04:55] | Bedouin, Indian, | 贝都因人 印度人 |
[04:57] | Sikh. | 锡克人 |
[05:00] | Aztec, Toltec, | 阿兹特克人 托尔特克人 |
[05:01] | Toltec, Inca, Inuit, | 托尔特克人 印加人 因纽特人 |
[05:02] | Bedouin, Indian, Sikh. | 贝都因人 印度人 锡克人 |
[05:04] | Aztec, Toltec, Toltec, | 阿兹特克人 托尔特克人 托尔特克人 |
[05:05] | Inca, Inuit, Bedouin, In– | 印加人 因纽特人 贝都因人 印 |
[05:07] | What are you doing at my desk? | 你在我座位上做什么 |
[05:09] | Anthropology, it’s fascinating. | 人类学 太吸引人了 |
[05:11] | Such a wealth of cultures. | 蕴含了丰富的文化 |
[05:13] | Up until now, I always thought | 在此之前 我一直觉得 |
[05:15] | that what you did was pointless | 你的工作没有任何意义 |
[05:16] | and of no interest to anyone but yourself. | 除了你自娱自乐外 根本没人感兴趣 |
[05:20] | It’s certainly not as fascinating as physics. | 肯定是没有物理那么吸引人了 |
[05:23] | I mean, everybody loves math. | 人人都爱算上两下 |
[05:26] | Nina, what is that thing on your head? | 尼娜 你头上的东西是什么 |
[05:29] | It’s called a daku. | 这个是达库 |
[05:31] | I think it’s beautiful. | 好美啊 |
[05:32] | Thank you. It’s authentic. | 谢谢 这可是原汁原味的 |
[05:34] | It makes me feel connected to my ancestors. | 戴这个让我感觉和祖辈很亲近 |
[05:37] | So that’s the traditional headdress of ancient secretaries? | 这是古代秘书流传下来的传统头饰吗 |
[05:46] | No, of my African ancestors. | 不 是我的非洲老祖宗 |
[05:49] | In case you haven’t noticed, I’m black. | 给您提个醒儿 我是黑人 |
[05:54] | Well, of course I noticed. | 不用提醒我也知道 |
[05:56] | And, Dr. Albright, you are? | 欧布莱特教授 你是… |
[05:59] | Could I be any whiter? | 我还不够白吗 |
[06:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:07] | I’m sorry, all you people look alike to me. | 抱歉 你们在我眼里一个样 |
[06:09] | – Excuse me? – What was that? | -您说什么 -你什么意思 |
[06:11] | Nothing, I just don’t see | 没什么 我只是不明白 |
[06:13] | why people have to divide up | 为什么人类要被强制性地 |
[06:15] | into these arbitrary subsets. | 划分为不同的群体 |
[06:16] | I mean, skin color? Please. | 还是凭肤色划分 得了吧 |
[06:19] | You may see color, but I see people. | 你们看到的是肤色 我看到的是人 |
[06:22] | Aren’t we fortunate to have someone so enlightened? | 拥有如此开明的人是何其幸运 |
[06:27] | O pious one, show us the way. | 假正经 给我们指条明路吧 |
[06:30] | This verges on sarcasm. | 你这是在讽刺我 |
[06:32] | You know, my heritage happens to be very important to me. | 我可是觉得历史传统非常重要 |
[06:35] | As it should be. I’m Irish, | 这是当然的 我是爱尔兰人 |
[06:38] | and I’m very proud of that. | 我非常自豪 |
[06:39] | And you’re… what? | 你是…什么人 |
[06:41] | Me? Uh, I-I-I’m, uh… | 我? 我 我是… |
[06:44] | one of those, uh… | 那什么 |
[06:46] | you know, one of the really good ones. | 那什么很了不起的人 |
[06:50] | You’re this big anthropologist. You tell me. What am I? | 你是人类学家 你告诉我 我是什么人 |
[06:52] | – Certifiable. – Yes, that’s what I am– | -精神病人 -没错 我就是 |
[06:56] | certifiable. | 精神病人 |
[06:57] | Certifiable and damn proud of it, | 我是精神病人 我很自豪 |
[06:59] | as my father was before me and his father before him | 我父亲是精神病人 我父亲的父亲也是 |
[07:02] | and his father before him. | 我父亲的父亲的父亲也是 |
[07:04] | Certifiable. | 精神病人 |
[07:06] | Of course, we no longer practice. | 当然 优良传统都快丢光了 |
[07:14] | You see, Sally, dancing is all about attitude. | 莎莉 跳舞讲究个人风格 |
[07:17] | Watch Harry. | 看哈里的 |
[07:19] | See, I got that | 我的就是 |
[07:20] | “Hip-hop, street, don’t care about nothin’ | “跳街舞 啥都不在乎 |
[07:22] | ’cause I’m all of that | 因为我只想 |
[07:24] | and a side of fries” kind of attitude. | 来盘炸薯”这种风格 |
[07:27] | Right, whereas my attitude is more | 而我的个人风格则是 |
[07:29] | “got home from teaching physics | “教完物理回到家 |
[07:31] | and I’m wondering what’s for dinner | 寻思晚上吃什么呀 |
[07:32] | but I ain’t gonna sweat it ‘ cause I ain’t even from here. | 我又不是地球人呀 担心个什么劲儿” |
[07:39] | Although we dis ’em, we love this solar system. | 尽管看不起 我们依然爱着太阳系 |
[07:48] | – I hate this! – What? | -我恨跳舞 -怎么了 |
[07:49] | I can’t believe I have to learn to dance to be with this guy. | 真不敢相信得学会跳舞才能和他在一起 |
[07:52] | Well, you know, if you really want Mr. Randell, | 这个好说 如果你真想把兰登老师弄到手 |
[07:55] | use the skills you’re comfortable with. | 就用你拿手的技巧呗 |
[07:57] | Shoot a tranquilizer dart into his neck | 对准他脖子来一支麻醉镖 |
[07:59] | and drag him back to your place. | 然后拖回家就完事了 |
[08:01] | Harry, that is not the behavior of a human female. | 哈里 人类女性才不会这么做呢 |
[08:04] | Exactly. I want to charm him, beguile him. | 没错 我要魅惑他 迷倒他 |
[08:08] | I want him to buy me a pwesent. | 我要他给人家买”礼木” |
[08:11] | – Tommy, how was school? – Awful. | -汤米 学校里情况如何 -糟透了 |
[08:13] | I lost my math book, | 我的数学课本不见了 |
[08:15] | and I couldn’t convince anybody that I was Samoan. | 谁都不信我是萨摩亚人[皮肤为浅褐色] |
[08:17] | Well, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[08:19] | The answer to all our problems is right here in this book. | 问题的解决办法都在这本书里 |
[08:22] | It’s loaded with every possible genre of human. | 可能有的人类派别都在这里了 |
[08:26] | It’s like a catalog. | 这就像是本商品目录 |
[08:28] | You can take your pick, whatever you want to be. | 想当什么人 随便挑 |
[08:30] | – So who do you want to join, hmm? – They’re too scrawny. | -想加入哪一伙 -这伙儿太瘦了 |
[08:34] | – Mm-hmm. Them? – No, ugly flag. | -这个呢 -不 国旗太丑了 |
[08:39] | Nah, too many gods. | 算了 神太多 |
[08:41] | I’m not putting that on my head. | 我可不会把那个戴头上 |
[08:44] | Ah-ha! Here we go. | 哈哈 就这个吧 |
[08:46] | Canadians. Yeah, right. | 加拿大人 别开玩笑了 |
[08:53] | Now, let’s have a look at Einstein’s | 现在 让我们来看看爱因斯坦 |
[08:55] | boundary conditions according to the theory of relativity. | 基于相对论的边界条件 |
[08:57] | Einstein, a Jew, | 爱因斯坦 犹太人 |
[09:01] | never could have made this breakthrough, | 他之所以能有这样突破性的成果 |
[09:03] | had it not been for the earlier work of | 与前人的努力是分不开的 |
[09:05] | Copernicus, Polish, | 比如说哥白尼 波兰人 |
[09:06] | or Tycho Brahe, | 第谷·布拉赫 |
[09:09] | the unlucky Dane from Prague. | 定居于布拉格的不幸的丹麦人 |
[09:11] | Which brings up another question– | 正好带出下一个问题 |
[09:13] | How many Puerto Ricans do we have in class? | 班上有多少波多黎各人 |
[09:15] | Any Puerto Ricans? | 有波多黎各人吗 |
[09:18] | – Leon, what are you? – You don’t have to answer that. | -里昂 你是什么人 -你不用回答 |
[09:21] | – Dutch. – I love your tulips and your dikes. | -荷兰人 -我喜欢你们的郁金香和海堤 |
[09:25] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:26] | However, I turn your people down because of the silly shoes. | 但是 因为傻傻的木鞋我没入伙 |
[09:30] | Okay, no Puerto Ricans? Any Latinos in general? | 没有波多黎各人 那么有拉美裔吗 |
[09:33] | Anyone with Latino information? | 有没有是拉美裔的 |
[09:35] | Dr. Solomon, with all due respect, | 所罗门教授 无意冒犯 |
[09:38] | I find this offensive. | 您的问题很无礼 |
[09:39] | Pittman, you won’t be left out. | 皮特曼 不会漏掉你的 |
[09:40] | I’ll get to the Asians. | 我会问到亚裔的 |
[09:42] | Why are you suddenly so interested in what everybody is? | 您为什么突然对大家是什么人这么感兴趣 |
[09:45] | – I have to know. It’s important. – No, it’s not. | -我必须得知道 这很重要 -不 这不重要 |
[09:47] | – Yes, it is. – No, it’s not. | -很重要 -不重要 |
[09:49] | The only thing that matters about a person | 对人来说唯一重要的 |
[09:52] | is what they have inside. | 是他们的内心 |
[09:54] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[09:55] | Then how come you only date good-looking guys? | 那你为什么只和帅哥约会 |
[09:58] | – That’s not true. – You turned him down. | -我没有 -你拒绝了他 |
[10:01] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[10:05] | Here are your books. I read each one of them, | 还你书 我全看完了 |
[10:08] | and I’m just as confused as I ever was. | 对我的困惑一点帮助也没有 |
[10:11] | You read 15 books in one night? | 你一晚上看了15本书? |
[10:14] | Well, I took a couple of hours out | 我用了几个钟头 |
[10:16] | to watch Japanese golf on cable. | 看有线台的日本高尔夫球 |
[10:20] | The problem is, these books are full of dry facts | 问题是 这些书里只有干巴巴的事实 |
[10:23] | but no value judgments. | 一点有价值的看法都没有 |
[10:25] | I mean, this is your field– you tell me. | 这是你的领域 你来告诉我 |
[10:28] | Out of all the possible ethnic groups, | 在芸芸族群中 |
[10:29] | which one is the best? | 到底哪个是最好的 |
[10:31] | Oh, no, there’s no best. It’s all subjective. | 没有最好的 都是些主观看法 |
[10:34] | Which do you find the most interesting? | 那你觉得哪个是最有意思的 |
[10:36] | There are so many. | 有很多 |
[10:38] | Um… I love the creative ambition of the Maori people, | 我欣赏毛利人的创造性 |
[10:42] | uh, the Polynesian culture | 也喜欢波利尼西亚人文化中 |
[10:44] | with its joyous embrace of nature, | 对自然的尊崇 |
[10:46] | uh, the quiet dignity of– | 稳重而庄严的… |
[10:48] | – What’s the sexiest? – Italians. | -最性感的是什么人 -意大利人 |
[10:51] | – Italians? – Smoky, swarthy. | -意大利人? -性感到抖抖就掉渣 |
[10:54] | Gotta have ’em. | 恨不得一口吞了 |
[10:56] | Oh, gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[10:59] | Italian? | 意大利人 |
[11:10] | *In napoli* | 在拿坡里 |
[11:13] | *Where love is king* | 爱情至上 |
[11:18] | *Where a boy meets a girl* | 当男孩遇见女孩时 |
[11:22] | *Here’s a-what-a they sing* | 他们会这样说 |
[11:29] | *When-a da moon hits your eye* | 当月亮击中你的眼睛 |
[11:33] | *Like a big pizza pie* | 好像一大块的披萨派 |
[11:35] | *That’s Amore* | 那就是爱 |
[11:40] | – What are you doing? – Buona sera, signora. | -你在干吗 -晚上好 女士 |
[11:48] | *When-a da world seems to shine* | 当世界在闪耀 |
[11:51] | *like-a you’ve had you too much wine* | 好像是你酒喝得太多 |
[11:53] | *That’s Amore* | 那就是爱 |
[11:58] | *There’s a ring ting-a-ling-a-ling* | 铃声会叮当叮当地 |
[12:00] | *Ting-a-ling-a-ling and we sing* | 叮当叮当地作响 我们唱起 |
[12:03] | *Vi… | 美 |
[12:05] | *ta Bella* | 丽人生 |
[12:09] | *Hearts will play tippy- tippy-tay tippy-tippy-tay* | 心儿扑通扑通地跳 扑通扑通地跳 |
[12:12] | *Like a gay…* | 好像一首塔 |
[12:14] | *tar… antella* | 朗泰拉舞曲 |
[12:25] | What the hell’s going on out there?! | 外面他妈的怎么回事儿 |
[12:28] | Nothing, Mr. Wagner! | 不关你事 瓦格纳先生 |
[12:31] | Would you please get out of here | 拜托你们趁没人报警前 |
[12:33] | before somebody calls the cops? | 赶快离开吧 |
[12:35] | The cops, they cannot-a thwart my passion! | 警察也无法阻挠我对你的爱 |
[12:39] | I will stand right here | 我会站在这里 |
[12:41] | till a pack of wild dogs, they chase-a me away! | 直到一群野狗 将我赶走 |
[12:45] | Dogs! | 放狗了 |
[12:46] | Run! | 快跑 |
[13:01] | You know, usually when a student gets hurt, | 一般情况下 如果学生受伤了 |
[13:02] | we let them go home early. | 我们会让他早点回家 |
[13:04] | Someone from your family could come pick you up. | 你的家人可以来接你 |
[13:06] | Someone like… | 比如说 |
[13:08] | Sally. | 莎莉 |
[13:11] | Why did you say her name like that? | 为什么说到她的名字你就这种语气 |
[13:14] | All I said was… | 我只是说 |
[13:16] | Sally. | 莎莉 |
[13:19] | No, thank you. I don’t really need to get picked up. | 谢谢了 我不用家人来接 |
[13:23] | – Exactly what happened? – I don’t know what I did wrong, | -到底是怎么回事 -我也不知道自己哪里错了 |
[13:25] | but I’m kind of new at being Korean. | 总之我当韩国人还没啥经验 |
[13:37] | Oops. You left this in my driveway. | 哎呀 这个掉在我家车道上了 |
[13:40] | – What happened to it? – I backed over it | -怎么会这样 -我开车碾过了 |
[13:43] | five or six times. | 五六次吧 |
[13:45] | It was an accident. | 完全是个意外 |
[13:48] | Do you have any idea | 你知不知道 |
[13:50] | how badly you embarrassed me last night? | 昨晚你让我多丢人 |
[13:53] | Do you have any idea how hard it is | 那你知不知道在俄亥俄州 |
[13:55] | to find a concertina in Ohio? | 找到六角手风琴有多难 |
[13:57] | What the hell was going on in your head? | 你脑袋里到底是哪根筋不对 |
[13:59] | I know what this is. | 我明白了 |
[14:00] | You don’t like Italians as much as you claim. | 你根本不是像你说的那样喜欢意大利人 |
[14:03] | Wait a minute, since when don’t you like Italians? | 等等 啥时候开始你不喜欢意大利人的 |
[14:06] | Please, Nina, we’re discussing prejudice here, | 别掺和 尼娜 我们正讨论歧视问题 |
[14:08] | something you know nothing about. | 这是你完全不懂的 |
[14:13] | I’m black. | 我可是黑人 |
[14:15] | Right, right. | 对 对 |
[14:17] | Nina is… black. | 尼娜是 黑人 |
[14:30] | – Sally, come out of there. – Go away! | -莎莉 快出来 -走开 |
[14:32] | Then we’re coming in! | 那我们进来啦 |
[14:34] | What’s wrong? You look beautiful. | 有什么问题 你很美呀 |
[14:36] | Sure, you can put on a tight little dress | 没错 我可以穿上紧身裙 |
[14:39] | and look sexy and gorgeous, but you know how men are– | 看起来性感美丽 可你们知道男人 |
[14:41] | all they care about is how you dance. | 他们只在乎你怎么跳舞 |
[14:44] | – What’s the matter with you? – I’m afraid. | -你这是怎么啦 -我好怕 |
[14:46] | – Of what? – I’m afraid I’m going to do something stupid, | -怕什么 -我怕自己会做什么蠢事 |
[14:49] | and he won’t like me. | 这样他就不会喜欢我了 |
[14:51] | Don’t leak. I hate it when you leak. | 别漏水 你一漏水我就头痛 |
[14:53] | – What’s wrong with me? – I have no idea. | -我这是怎么了 -我也不清楚 |
[14:56] | Dick, maybe I’m just shooting pork in a barrel here, | 迪克 我只是瞎蒙啊 |
[14:59] | but isn’t that exactly how you feel about Dr. Albright? | 这不正是你对欧布莱特教授的感觉吗 |
[15:02] | – Oh, please. – That is so wrong. | -得了吧 -你瞎说什么 |
[15:05] | – What I have with Dr. Albright… – Mr. Randell is young… | -我对欧布莱特教授… -兰登老师年轻… |
[15:10] | Come in! | 进来 |
[15:14] | Sorry to interrupt, but, Sally, your date’s here. | 抱歉打扰了 莎莉 你约的人来了 |
[15:17] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么做 |
[15:18] | I’ll tell you what you’re going to do. | 我来告诉你该怎么做 |
[15:20] | You’re going to be great! You know why? | 你会表现出色的 知道为什么吗 |
[15:22] | – Why? – Because you’re one of us. | -为什么 -因为你是我们的一员 |
[15:23] | And although I don’t know what that is yet, | 虽然我还不知道我们到底是什么人 |
[15:25] | when I find out, that’s what you’ll be. | 等我知道了 你就是了 |
[15:26] | Thank you, commander. | 谢谢你 指挥官 |
[15:27] | – Everybody ready? – Ready. | -大家准备好了吗 -好了 |
[15:29] | Let’s go. | 我们出去吧 |
[15:31] | Now go out there and be a girl! | 现在出去做个勇敢的女孩 |
[15:41] | You look incredible. | 你真美 |
[15:43] | – Come on! – Thank you. | -别这样 -谢谢 |
[15:55] | Well… | 那么 |
[15:57] | – Well… so– – What? | -那么 不如 -什么 |
[16:00] | – Would you like to– – Bear your children? | -你想… -给你生孩子吗 |
[16:06] | No. I was going to say “Dance.” | 不 我是说跳舞 |
[16:11] | Uh, that was really embarrassing, wasn’t it? | 我可真是丢人 |
[16:14] | No. | 不 |
[16:16] | No, not at all. So would you like to? | 一点也不 你想吗 |
[16:18] | Bear your children? | 给你生孩子 |
[16:22] | Dance? | 跳舞 |
[16:26] | Well, see, I don’t really think that would– | 这个嘛 我不太会… |
[16:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:47] | Now, this I can do. | 这个可没有问题 |
[16:52] | I was kind of afraid to come here tonight. | 今晚我有点害怕来这里 |
[16:55] | – Why? – I just wasn’t sure I’d have a good time. | -为什么 -我不知道会不会开心 |
[16:59] | Oh. Are you having a good time? | 那你现在开心吗 |
[17:02] | Oh, yeah. | 开心 |
[17:06] | Can I put my arm around you? | 我可以把胳膊搭在你肩上吗 |
[17:09] | Yes. | 可以 |
[17:14] | Can I put my head on your shoulder? | 我可以把头靠在你的肩上吗 |
[17:18] | Please. | 靠吧 |
[17:29] | Can I put my hand in your pocket? | 我可以把手放进你的口袋吗 |
[17:34] | Do you need change? | 你要找零钱吗 |
[17:37] | Desperately. | 太需要了 |
[17:41] | You’re so wonderful. My whole front is warm. | 你太棒了 我整个前面都是温暖的 |
[17:45] | – You mind if I turn around? – Well, I– | -介意我转个身吗 -我… |
[17:53] | Toasty. | 好温暖哦 |
[17:57] | I don’t want to put you on the spot, | 我不想为难你 |
[17:59] | but if we don’t kiss soon, my head’s going to explode. | 但如果我现在不吻你 我的头就要爆了 |
[18:01] | You know what’s good for that? | 你知道什么对你有帮助吗 |
[18:03] | – What? – Calcium. | -什么 -钙 |
[18:17] | *Whoa, this planet sucks* | 哇 这星球太差劲 |
[18:20] | *Lord, it makes me wanna cry* | 主啊 这真是让我想哭 |
[18:24] | *Yeah, I said this planet sucks* | 耶 这星球真的太差劲 |
[18:27] | *Lord, it makes a poor boy wanna cry* | 主啊 这让可怜的男孩想哭 |
[18:32] | *Anybody’d know we was leavin’* | 大家都知道有天我们将不在 |
[18:35] | *Lord, I might just lay my head down and die* | 主啊 不如我现在就翘辫子一歪 |
[18:37] | Tommy, what are you doing? | 汤米 你在做什么 |
[18:39] | Well, I’m black now. | 我现在是黑人 |
[18:42] | I’m black, and I got the blues. | 我是黑人 我得玩蓝调 |
[18:44] | You can’t be black. Nina is black. | 你当不了黑人 尼娜才是黑人 |
[18:46] | I get the impression from her | 她让我了解到 |
[18:48] | they have strict rules about these things. | 对于当黑人 是有严格规定的 |
[18:50] | – *I can’t even be black* – Tommy, | -我想当黑人都不行啊 -汤米 |
[18:51] | I command you to put that thing down. | 我命令你放下这个东西 |
[18:53] | *High commander starts bossin’* | 总指挥官开始指手画脚 |
[18:56] | *Best believe you better jump* | 就是要看他急得跳脚 |
[19:00] | All right, stop it! Stop it! | 够了 停下 停下 |
[19:07] | Who died and made you T-Bone Walker? | 谁死了你在那儿嚎呢 蓝调大师 |
[19:10] | Mrs. Dubcek, as long as you’re up here, | 杜布切克太太 既然你上来了 |
[19:12] | what ethnic group do you come from? | 顺便问下你是哪个民族的 |
[19:14] | Well, I’m a little Czech, a little Romanian. | 我有捷克和罗马尼亚的血统 |
[19:17] | I’m your basic Slavic mutt, like my third husband. | 我是斯拉夫人混血 和我第三任老公一样 |
[19:20] | Oh. What were your first two? | 那你前两任丈夫是什么人 |
[19:23] | Well, the first was Irish, | 第一任是爱尔兰人 |
[19:25] | and the second was one of your people. | 第二任和你们一样 |
[19:33] | – Our people? – Yeah. Well, you know, Jewish. | -“我们” -是啊 犹太人 |
[19:36] | Jewish! | 犹太人 |
[19:42] | So what tipped you off? | 你是怎么看出来的 |
[19:45] | – With your name it’s pretty obvious. – Our name? | -一看名字就知道了 -我们的名字 |
[19:48] | Solomon. | 所罗门 |
[19:50] | Oh, you wonderful, wonderful woman! | 你这个了不起 了不起的女人 |
[19:53] | Thank you so much! | 太谢谢你了 |
[19:56] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[19:59] | This rules. I’m still a minority. | 太酷了 我是少数民族的 |
[20:01] | You know, chicks dig minorities. | 女生就喜欢少数民族 |
[20:03] | Oh! Who knew that Solomon was a Jewish name | 谁想到所罗门是个犹太人的名字 |
[20:05] | when we took it off the side of that truck? | 咱们看到卡车的一边有这名字就用了 |
[20:08] | Go figure. We could have been the Wal-marts. | 可不是嘛 咱们差一点就姓”沃尔玛”了 |
[20:14] | We’re Jewish. | 我们是犹太人 |
[20:18] | I don’t know what to say. | 真不知道该说什么 |
[20:20] | Mazel tov! | 恭喜 |
[20:26] | I’m sorry, it just popped out. | 抱歉 脱口就出来了 |
[20:30] | Isn’t it great to know who we are? | 知道自己是什么人真是太好了 |
[20:32] | I finally feel like I belong | 对于地球这个民族大熔炉 |
[20:35] | in this big melting pot they call earth. | 我终于有了归属感 |
[20:39] | What a magical night. | 多么奇妙的夜晚 |
[20:42] | Everything was perfect. I was great. | 一切都那么完美 我很出色 |
[20:47] | He really liked my kissing, | 他很喜欢我的吻 |
[20:50] | except the spitting and biting. | 除了吐口水和咬人 |
[20:53] | – So you really like him, huh? – What’s not to like? | -看来你真的很喜欢他 -为何不喜欢 |
[20:56] | He’s intelligent, kind, | 他聪明 善良 |
[20:58] | sweet, gentle. | 可爱 温柔 |
[21:01] | So… | 那么 |
[21:03] | is he Jewish? | 他是犹太人吗 |