时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Come on, Dick, I want to go to the magic shop. | 快点 迪克 我要去魔术用品店 |
[00:08] | Harry, Sally, go get some change. | 哈里 莎莉 去换点零钱 |
[00:09] | We’ll wait here with the car. | 我们和车在这里等你们 |
[00:15] | Dick, I got to get new sneakers. | 迪克 我要买双新球鞋 |
[00:17] | My toes are bursting out of these things. | 我的脚趾头都快钻出来了 |
[00:20] | I just bought you those three months ago. | 这是我三个月前给你买的鞋 |
[00:22] | – You know you’re a freak, don’t you? – Leave me alone. | -你知道自己是个怪物吧 -你省点口德吧 |
[00:25] | – I’m growing. – If it were just the growing, | -我在长身体 -只是长身体还好 |
[00:27] | but for every inch you sprout, | 你每长一寸 |
[00:29] | you become that much more insolent | 你的无礼就越多一分 |
[00:31] | – and do that much worse in school. – So what? | -学校的成绩就越差一分 -那又怎样 |
[00:33] | You’re going to become the world’s tallest idiot. | 你会成为世界上最高的傻瓜 |
[00:36] | Why are you on my case? | 不关你的事 |
[00:38] | I just can’t stomach | 我只是 |
[00:39] | another of those interminable parent-teacher conferences. | 无法忍受没完没了的家长会 |
[00:43] | Look, I did not ask to be the teenager, okay? You made me. | 谁让我做青春期小男生的啊 是你 |
[00:47] | “Lone star drilling company.” I bet they have change. | 孤星钻探公司 他们肯定有零钱 |
[00:50] | Yeah. Oil men are rich. | 对 石油商都是有钱人 |
[00:56] | Well, check you out. | 瞧瞧啊 |
[00:58] | You look just like a real woman. | 真性情 真女人 |
[01:02] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[01:04] | That’s what I was going for. | 我一直为之奋斗 |
[01:06] | You know, I still can’t get used to those mood swings. | 不过我还是不习惯情绪的波动 |
[01:10] | Way to commit, girl. | 这样才能投入嘛 小妞儿 |
[01:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[01:16] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[01:19] | Are you familiar with the art of illusion? | 两位知道错觉艺术吗 |
[01:23] | Hi there. | 打扰一下 |
[01:26] | Hi, there. | 不打扰 |
[01:27] | Could you change a dollar? | 你能换一块的零钱吗 |
[01:29] | For you I could change anything. | 我什么都愿意换给你 |
[01:31] | You know, I don’t see a lot of men as good-looking as you. | 我还从未见过你这么好看的人 |
[01:35] | I don’t see a lot of men as good-looking as you. | 我也没见过你这么帅的男人 |
[01:45] | Well, we’re fabulous, aren’t we? | 没错 我们光彩照人 对吧 |
[01:49] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[02:24] | Hello, hello, hello! | 在不在 在不在 |
[02:26] | You’ve got a visitor. | 有客来访 |
[02:28] | Dr. Solomon, I’m Candace Ballard. | 所罗门教授 我是坎迪斯·巴拉德 |
[02:30] | Hello. What do you want? | 你好 你想干什么 |
[02:34] | I’m Tommy’s guidance counselor. | 我是汤米的辅导员 |
[02:38] | And, by the way, | 忘了说 |
[02:39] | my guidance counselor might stop by tonight. | 我的辅导员今晚可能会来 |
[02:46] | Didn’t I tell you to become the model student? | 我告诉过你 要做一名好学生 |
[02:49] | – I did. I’ve aced every test. – Then what’s she doing here? | -我是啊 每次考试我都是A -那她来干嘛 |
[02:51] | I don’t know. I’m brilliant, not clairvoyant. | 我不知道 我是很聪明 但不会读心 |
[02:55] | Is it too much to ask that you just once | 让我做一回骄傲的父亲 |
[02:57] | make me a proud father? | 你会死啊 |
[02:59] | It’s not my mission to make you proud. | 让你骄傲不是我的任务 |
[03:01] | – It is if I say so. – It is not! | -我说是就是 -不是 |
[03:04] | – Say it’s your mission. – No! | -说 这是你的任务 -不 |
[03:05] | – Say it’s your mission. – No. | -说 是你的任务 -不 |
[03:06] | Say it, say it. | 说 说啊 |
[03:07] | It’s my mission. | 这是我的任务 |
[03:11] | Is everything all right? | 你俩还好吧 |
[03:12] | – Everything’s fine. – Then I’ll see you la– | -很好 -那回见 |
[03:14] | You get back in here and sit down! | 你给我回来坐好 |
[03:19] | – Sit down. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[03:22] | – Give me your coat. – Okay. | -把外套给我 -好的 |
[03:40] | How am I supposed to learn if you keep letting me out? | 如果你总是放我下来 我就永远学不会 |
[03:49] | Well, | 那个 |
[03:52] | I have some news. | 我有消息带给您 |
[03:54] | Maybe you’d better sit down. | 您还是坐下吧 |
[03:59] | Tommy scored higher on the national merit quiz | 汤米在全美优等生测试中获得了 |
[04:03] | than anyone in Ohio’s history. | 俄州有史以来的最高成绩 |
[04:05] | – It’s not my fault! – That’s a good thing. | -又不是我的错 -这是好事啊 |
[04:07] | No, that’s a good thing. You should be proud. | 不 这是好事 您应该引以为傲 |
[04:10] | You’ve raised a very bright boy. | 您养育了一个非常聪明的儿子 |
[04:12] | I’m sorry. Could you repeat that? | 抱歉 麻烦再说一遍 |
[04:15] | You’ve raised a very bright boy? | 您养育了一个非常聪明的儿子 |
[04:17] | No one’s ever said that to me before. Say it again. | 从未有人对我说过这话 再说一遍 |
[04:20] | – Well, actually, I wanted— No, just say it! | -很好 其实我想… -别废话 说啊 |
[04:22] | I love that– the bright boy part. Say it! | 我喜欢 聪明儿子那句话 说 |
[04:24] | Bright boy. In fact, | 聪明的儿子 事实上 |
[04:26] | he’s done so well, I think he should transfer | 他非常优秀 以他的天赋应该去 |
[04:29] | to the Pickney country day school for the gifted. | 皮克利国民私立走读高中 |
[04:34] | Because I raised a gifted son? | 因为我养育了一个天才儿子 |
[04:36] | Yes! Look at what you’ve already given him– | 对 看看您给予他的一切 |
[04:40] | the stimulation, | 鼓励 |
[04:42] | the nurturing, | 培养 |
[04:44] | and not to mention… the genes he inherited. | 更不用说他从您这里继承的优良基因 |
[04:47] | You’re right. I do give a lot as a father. | 你说的对 我这个父亲为他奉献了很多 |
[05:02] | Sally. | 莎莉 |
[05:05] | There’s something I have to tell you | 我有话对你说 |
[05:07] | about your boyfriend. | 关于你男朋友的 |
[05:09] | He cooks, he loves the arts, | 会做饭 热爱艺术 |
[05:11] | he wears great shoes, | 穿的鞋子很棒 |
[05:13] | and he’s single. | 而且是单身 |
[05:16] | Yeah. What’s your point? | 对 你想说什么 |
[05:18] | Sally, | 莎莉 |
[05:20] | marry this man. | 嫁给他吧 |
[05:23] | Tommy! Come in here! | 汤米 过来 |
[05:25] | Tommy! Great news. | 汤米 好消息 |
[05:27] | I’m sending you to the Pickney school | 我要送你去皮克利高中 |
[05:29] | where our accomplishments will be recognized. | 在那里 我们可以有所作为 |
[05:31] | What?! No, I don’t want to go. | 什么 不 我不想去 |
[05:33] | I’ll have to leave all my friends. | 转校就得离开我所有的朋友 |
[05:35] | Stop thinking of yourself. | 别只想着你自己 |
[05:37] | Think of me and how proud I’ll be. | 想想我 想想我会多为你骄傲 |
[05:40] | – He’ll go. – Wonderful. | -他会去的 -太好了 |
[05:43] | A little something to graze on. | 一些小点心 |
[05:51] | I’m out. | 我出来了 |
[05:54] | I’m out of the closet. | 我逃出柜子了[我是同性恋] |
[06:00] | I love this family. | 我太爱这个家了 |
[06:07] | What is Dick’s problem? | 迪克发什么神经啊 |
[06:09] | I don’t want to go to the Pickney school. | 我不想去皮克利高中 |
[06:11] | Of course you don’t. | 你当然不想去 |
[06:12] | Your father’s a professor. | 你父亲是位教授 |
[06:14] | By rejecting education, you’re rejecting him. | 你拒绝教育 就是拒绝他 |
[06:17] | Rejection’s the most powerful weapon there is. | 拒绝是最有力的武器 |
[06:19] | Well, maybe on earth. | 这招只在地球上管用 |
[06:23] | I know this is going to be miserable. | 我知道那儿的生活会很悲惨 |
[06:25] | I already hate it there. | 没去就开始讨厌了 |
[06:27] | You know, all those brainy girls are going to be ugly. | 对女生来说 智慧与美貌岂能并存 |
[06:30] | Are you saying that | 你是说 |
[06:32] | intelligent girls are, by definition, unattractive? | 聪明的女孩子 肯定很丑 |
[06:36] | Yeah, most of them are. | 对啊 大多数是这样 |
[06:40] | Oh, w– well, not all of them are. | 还好啦 也不是全部 |
[06:45] | I mean– in fact, | 我是说 事实上 |
[06:47] | on the graph of smart girls and the graph of pretty ones, | 在美丽与智慧的曲线图上 |
[06:51] | you’re the sole intersection, | 你是仅有的交汇处 |
[06:53] | the single point of perfection | 在无限的愚蠢和平凡中 |
[06:55] | in an infinity of stupid and homely. | 你是唯一的完美点 |
[07:00] | Wow. You are gifted. | 哇 你的确是天才 |
[07:22] | You’re smokin’. | 你性感得喷火 |
[07:24] | I guess my body just responds to the classics. | 看来我的身体对经典的东西很有反应 |
[07:28] | They’re having a dance contest here next week. | 下周 他们会在这里举行一场舞蹈大赛 |
[07:31] | We’d be unbeatable. | 我们绝对战无不胜 |
[07:32] | Especially if we target our key competition | 特别是我们锁定主要对手 |
[07:34] | and sever their achilles tendons. | 然后割断他们的跟腱 |
[07:38] | What? | 怎么着 |
[07:39] | You’re just so great. | 你真是太棒了 |
[07:40] | You’re a warrior in a world full of phonies. | 你是虚伪世界中的真正的战士 |
[07:43] | You’re not afraid to be who you are. | 你敢于面对真正的自己 |
[07:45] | You’re in the military, and you wear a dress. | 你刚健强壮 又温柔似水 |
[07:47] | I just want to be all that I can be. | 我只是尽力做到最好 |
[07:50] | You’re the strongest person I’ve ever met. | 你是我见过的最强壮的人 |
[07:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:01] | Tommy, we’re thrilled to have you here. | 汤米 你能来我们非常高兴 |
[08:04] | Dr. Solomon, as a parent and educator, | 所罗门教授 作为一个家长和一位教育工作者 |
[08:07] | kudos to you. You’ve raised a very special boy. | 向你致敬 你养育了一个非常特殊的孩子 |
[08:11] | Yes, I have. | 是的 没错 |
[08:12] | And you’ve had the foresight to bring him to the right place | 你十分有远见 把他引导到正确的地方来 |
[08:15] | Well, I am the high commander. | 当然 因为我是总指挥官 |
[08:20] | Yes. Well, people of brilliance | 好吧 有才华的人是不可能在 |
[08:22] | can’t be expected to function in a society | 一个由知识侏儒统治的社会里 |
[08:25] | that’s run by intellectual midgets. | 发光发热的 |
[08:27] | That’s what we always say. | 君子所见略同 |
[08:35] | Yes, yes, you and Tommy | 是的 你和汤米 |
[08:37] | have found a home here at the Pickney. | 已经在皮克利找到了家的感觉 |
[08:39] | It’s not just for exceptional students. | 这里不光欢迎优等学生 |
[08:41] | It’s for exceptional parents. | 也欢迎优等家长 |
[08:43] | Then you must be delighted to meet me. | 那你肯定很高兴见到我吧 |
[08:49] | Ah, Aramis, thanks for stopping by. | 阿拉米斯 谢谢你能来 |
[08:51] | Tommy, consider Aramis Pickney’s welcome wagon. | 汤米 阿拉米斯代表皮克利欢迎你 |
[08:55] | I’m here to show you what’s wired and what’s tired. | 我来向你展示 什么叫激动和疲惫 |
[09:00] | Somebody shoot me in the head. | 还不如一死了之 |
[09:02] | Well, Dr. Menard, now that the children are away, | 默纳德博士 孩子们都走了 |
[09:05] | let’s discuss me at great length. | 咱们来详细地谈谈我 |
[09:25] | Oh, hey! How was your day? | 你今天怎样啊 |
[09:28] | Great. I am the king of Dorkopolis. | 很好 我是可怜虫之王 |
[09:34] | My liege. | 陛下 |
[09:42] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[09:45] | Lookin’ good. | 看起来不错嘛 |
[09:48] | Dick, feelin’ stupid. | 迪克 感觉很白痴嘛 |
[09:52] | Oh, Dick! | 迪克 |
[09:54] | You’ve got money in your shoes. Ooh! | 你鞋子里有钱 |
[09:57] | You’ve got money in your shoes. | 你鞋子里有钱 |
[10:00] | I want money shoes. | 我也要装钱的鞋 |
[10:04] | Harry, no, money shoes are for Pickney students | 哈里 不 装钱的鞋只给皮克利的学生 |
[10:07] | and Pickney parents only. | 和皮克利的家长 |
[10:09] | Oh… rats. | 我靠 |
[10:17] | Tommy, look at this. | 汤米 看 |
[10:20] | First in your class. You’re a genius. | 班上第一名 天才学生 |
[10:23] | You’ve made me so proud, son. | 儿子 你让我太骄傲了 |
[10:26] | Is there anything you need? Money? | 你需要什么吗 钱 |
[10:28] | A ride somewhere? Cuff links? | 带你去兜风 袖扣 |
[10:30] | Can I build you a darkroom? | 要给你建一个暗室吗 |
[10:31] | Anything you want– name it, it’s yours. | 你想要什么就给你什么 |
[10:33] | I want to go back to my old school. | 我想要回以前的学校 |
[10:36] | Cuff links it is. | 要袖扣是吧 |
[11:07] | Don’t put bumper stickers on my car. | 别把保险杆贴纸贴我车上 |
[11:09] | Why do you think it was me? | 你为什么觉得是我 |
[11:11] | “I am the proud secretary | 我是皮克利最聪明的 |
[11:13] | for the father of the smartest kid at Pickney.” | 学生的父亲的骄傲秘书 |
[11:17] | It may have been me. | 可能是我吧 |
[11:25] | Dick, did you see this article about Tommy in the paper? | 迪克 你看了这篇报道汤米的文章吗 |
[11:29] | Tommy, my son, the child genius? | 汤米 我的儿子 天才少年 |
[11:32] | Yes, that Tommy. | 对 那个汤米 |
[11:34] | “Finest to compete in Pickney’s knowledge bowl. | 皮克利知识大赛头号种子选手 |
[11:37] | Smartest kid expected to win.” | 夺冠的最热门人选 |
[11:41] | Ah, here it is. | 这里 |
[11:43] | “Tommy’s father, Dr. Dick Solomon, | 汤米的爸爸 迪克·所罗门博士 |
[11:47] | physics professor at nearby Pendleton university, | 潘德顿大学的物理教授 |
[11:50] | reminds people that genius is | 提醒世人 天才是 |
[11:53] | 1% perspiration | 百分之一的汗水 |
[11:55] | and 99% brilliant father.” | 加百分之九十九的父亲遗传 |
[12:00] | You don’t think I overstated my influence, do you? | 我没有夸大自己的影响力吧 |
[12:03] | No. | 哪有 |
[12:07] | And hip, and hip, | 扭臀 扭臀 |
[12:09] | and hip, hip, hip. | 扭臀 扭臀 |
[12:11] | Now the arms, and arms, | 牵手 抬手 |
[12:14] | and out, and in. | 分 合 |
[12:16] | And, Sally, you’re leading again. | 莎莉 你又搞错角色了 |
[12:21] | I keep forgetting I’m the girl. | 我老忘记我是女孩的角色 |
[12:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:27] | I’ve got to go. I’m getting my chest waxed. | 我得走了 我要把胸毛除掉 |
[12:30] | Uh… hey, you want to come? | 你想去吗 |
[12:33] | – I’ve got a coupon. – No, I prefer to tweeze. | -我有赠券 -不 我喜欢自己拔 |
[12:36] | Ouch. | 疼死个人啊 |
[12:38] | I’m not usually attracted to your type, | 我通常不喜欢你这种类型 |
[12:41] | but you are something special. | 但是你挺特殊的 |
[12:43] | Well, what you see is what you get. | 所见即所得 |
[12:55] | So you’re pretty into him, huh? | 你很喜欢他吗 |
[12:56] | I think he might be the one. | 我觉得他可能就是真命天子 |
[13:04] | Why would I want to wax my chest? | 我为什么要除掉我的胸毛 |
[13:08] | Okay, Tommy, | 好了 汤米 |
[13:09] | I read that you’re competing in the knowledge bowl. | 我看到报纸上说 你要参加知识大赛 |
[13:12] | – So what? – So, we have to review. | -是又怎样 -那我们得复习复习 |
[13:15] | What?! Dick, that’s stupid. | 什么 迪克 太蠢了吧 |
[13:18] | I’m the information officer. I know everything. | 我是信息官 我无所不知 |
[13:20] | Maybe, maybe not. | 不一定哦 |
[13:22] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[13:23] | How about physics… | 用俄语来讨论 |
[13:25] | in Russian? | 物理怎么样 |
[13:36] | Wrong. It’s… | 错 是… |
[13:40] | You asked the question wrong. | 你问错了 |
[13:41] | If you want it… you should have asked… | 如果你想要… 你应该这样问 |
[13:50] | Famous ontologists in Greek. | 希腊有名的存在论者 |
[13:59] | Bryant Gumbel. | 布赖恩特·耿贝尔 |
[14:04] | In the form of a question. | 以提问的方式 |
[14:07] | – Bryant Gumbel? – Whatever! | -布赖恩特·耿贝尔? -随便吧 |
[14:11] | Poets of the Li River delta. | 漓江三角洲诗人 |
[14:14] | Complete Huang Po’s classic couplet of love and betrayal. | 请对出黄檗经典的爱与背叛的诗句 |
[15:03] | This isn’t even a so-called life. | 这过的是什么鬼日子啊 |
[15:06] | Oh! Well, | 好吧 |
[15:08] | as Harry Houdini once said, | 正如哈利·胡迪尼曾说的[魔术大师] |
[15:10] | pick a card, any card. | 挑一张牌 随便挑 |
[15:12] | It’s my mission to be a teenager, | 做青少年是我的任务 |
[15:14] | but right now I hate my father, I hate my school, | 但现在我恨我的父亲 恨我的学校 |
[15:17] | and my life seems hopeless. Some teenager I am. | 我的生活似乎绝望了 做个鬼的青少年 |
[15:20] | – Cut the deck. – If I’m going to do my job, | -切牌 -如果我要执行任务 |
[15:22] | I’ve got to be in a real school, | 我就得上一所真正的学校 |
[15:24] | one with metal detectors and pregnant cheerleaders. | 有安检门和怀孕的啦啦队长才像话 |
[15:28] | Fold the edges of your card ever so slightly. | 轻轻地折起牌角 |
[15:31] | Why am I even putting myself through all this? | 我为什么要承受这一切 |
[15:34] | So Dick can feel proud? | 这样迪克就骄傲了吗 |
[15:36] | Pick another card, add the value, multiply it by four. | 再抽一张牌 两张牌相加再乘四 |
[15:40] | So, I mean, this whole thing’s crazy. | 我是说 这一切太疯狂了 |
[15:42] | I’m not Dick’s son. I’m the information officer. | 我不是迪克的儿子 我是信息官 |
[15:44] | I’ve got to bring this mission back on course. | 我必须让这个任务回归正轨 |
[15:46] | Write the number on your arm so that I cannot see it. | 把数字写在你胳膊上 免得被我看见 |
[15:49] | – There’s only one thing left to do– – Shuffle. | -只有一件事可做 -洗牌 |
[15:52] | Sabotage. | 搞破坏 |
[15:56] | All right. We’re okay | 好吧 没事儿 |
[15:58] | as long as none of those are clubs. | 扔掉的不是梅花就行 |
[16:02] | Pick a card. | 抽一张牌 |
[16:06] | Ta-Da! | 完工 |
[16:11] | Remember to phrase your answer | 记得以答题的方式 |
[16:14] | in the form of an answer. | 说出你的答案 |
[16:17] | Okay, next question: | 好的 下一个问题 |
[16:19] | “Tabula Rasa” is a Latin term meaning what? | 拉丁语Tabula Rasa是什么意思 |
[16:23] | Tommy knows this one. What’s wrong with him? | 汤米知道答案 他怎么了 |
[16:27] | Tabula Rasa “Tabula Rasa” | |
[16:29] | – means blank slate. – That is correct. | -意思是白纸状的心灵 -回答正确 |
[16:32] | He’s probably just nervous. | 他可能只是太紧张了 |
[16:33] | Relax, damn you! Relax! | 放松 死小子 放松啊 |
[16:39] | Which impressionist painter | 睡莲系列是哪一位 |
[16:41] | is known for his series of water lilies? | 印象派画家的代表作 |
[16:45] | That’s a very easy one, Dr. Menard. | 小菜一碟 默纳德博士 |
[16:47] | The answer is… | 正确答案是 |
[16:50] | Picasso. | 毕加索 |
[16:51] | No! | 不 |
[16:55] | The answer is Claude Monet. | 正确答案是 克劳德·莫奈 |
[16:59] | Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
[17:00] | competition is essential to learning. | 竞争是非常重要的学习手段 |
[17:03] | Bite me. | 去死吧你 |
[17:05] | What is the outer envelope, or atmosphere, of gas | 围绕太阳的外包层 或者说是气体 |
[17:09] | surrounding the sun called? | 叫什么 |
[17:12] | Ooh, mmm… that’s a toughie. | 这可是个难题 |
[17:15] | You have 10 seconds. | 你有十秒钟思考时间 |
[17:27] | Five seconds. | 五秒 |
[17:28] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[17:31] | It’s called the corona! You’ve been there! | 叫日冕 你去过那里的 |
[17:35] | You know that! | 你知道的 |
[17:36] | Dick, come on. He’s trying. He’s your son. | 迪克 别这样 他尽力了 他是你儿子 |
[17:39] | Son? He’s not my son. | 儿子 他不是我儿子 |
[17:41] | I have no son! | 我没有儿子 |
[17:55] | Let’s go win us a contest. | 我们去杀他个片甲不留 |
[17:57] | Why don’t you wear that little red number you’ve got? | 你为什么不穿那件红色的 |
[18:00] | – It’ll look better with my outfit. – But I look so hot. | -和我衣服比较搭嘛 -这件很性感 |
[18:03] | You must have something flashier than that. | 你肯定有更亮丽的衣服 |
[18:05] | Let me see your closet. | 让我看看你的衣柜 |
[18:06] | – Fine. Help me with the zipper. – Don’t worry. | -好吧 帮我拉开拉链 -没问题 |
[18:08] | I’m very good at this. Slip out of that dress. | 我可是熟手 脱下这件裙子 |
[18:22] | Look, I’ve made a big, big mistake. | 我犯了一个很大 很大的错误 |
[18:25] | – What’s wrong? What did I do? – How can I put this? | -怎么了 我做了什么 -我情何以堪 |
[18:27] | I expected… more. | 我期望 更多 |
[18:32] | What, I’m not your kind of woman? | 怎么了 你不喜欢我这样的女人吗 |
[18:34] | Oh, Sally, | 莎莉 |
[18:36] | you are a woman. | 原来 你是个女人 |
[18:43] | Well, what did you think I was?! | 那你认为我是什么 |
[19:03] | I have never seen such reprehensible behavior. | 我没见过这么应受谴责的举动 |
[19:05] | I know, I don’t blame you if you have to expel Tommy. | 我知道 如果你要开除汤米 我不会怪你 |
[19:08] | Dr. Solomon, we still consider Tommy Pickney material. | 所罗门教授 我们仍认为汤米是可造之材 |
[19:12] | It is you who are banned from the Pickney. | 你才是被皮克利开除的人 |
[19:15] | I’m banned? Well, guess what. | 我被开除了 给老子听好了 |
[19:18] | Tommy didn’t even want to come to this robot factory outlet. | 汤米压根就不想来这个机器人批发工厂 |
[19:21] | I made him. Me, me, me! | 是我逼他来的 是我 是我 |
[19:24] | And now I’m putting him back in a real school | 现在我要让他回到真正的学校 |
[19:27] | where he can be himself, | 在那里 他能做回自己 |
[19:28] | the kind of school where kids aren’t judged | 在那里 不会用考试成绩 |
[19:30] | on how well they test or how much they know, | 和知识渊博度来评判他们 |
[19:33] | where they aren’t judged at all, | 他们根本不会被评判 |
[19:35] | where they have the freedom to stay faceless and nameless | 在那里 他们有做无名之辈的自由 |
[19:38] | from “k” through 12, | 从小学到高中毕业 |
[19:40] | carrying their diplomas straight through the golden arches | 然后揣着毕业证书大步迈向麦当劳 |
[19:44] | and on into their waiting McJOBS! | 直奔低薪底层的工作 |
[19:47] | Come on, Tommy. We’re going home. | 汤米 我们走 回家去 |
[19:50] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[19:58] | Dick and Tommy were the best of pals. | 迪克和汤米是最铁的哥们儿 |
[20:01] | But then, one day, Dick used Tommy | 但是有一天 迪克利用汤米 |
[20:04] | to make himself look good. | 让自己长面子 |
[20:07] | Now, to get back at him, Tommy used Dick | 现在 为了报复他 汤米利用迪克 |
[20:10] | to make Dick look very bad. | 让他没面子 |
[20:13] | Now, apart they were just two separate handkerchiefs. | 现在 他们只不过是两块分开的手帕 |
[20:17] | – Oh, shut up, Harry. – Shut up, Harry. | -闭嘴 哈里 -闭嘴 哈里 |
[20:20] | But then, magically, they got back together. | 但是 他们奇迹般地和好了 |
[20:28] | Why did you do that to me? | 你为什么要如此待我 |
[20:31] | I don’t know. I guess | 我不知道 可能 |
[20:33] | ’cause you made my life suck. | 因为你把我的生活搞得一团糟 |
[20:36] | – Why didn’t you just tell me that? – I tried to. | -你为什么不直说 -我想说啊 |
[20:38] | You were impenetrably happy. | 你当时冥顽不灵 只顾自己高兴 |
[20:40] | What is it about the father-son relationship | 为什么父子关系 |
[20:42] | that makes communication so difficult? | 会让交流变得如此之难呢 |
[20:46] | Is it the father using his son | 父亲在利用儿子 |
[20:48] | to make good on his unfulfilled dreams? | 帮他完成未实现的梦想吗 |
[20:50] | Or is it the son | 还是儿子在通过 |
[20:52] | defining himself by rejecting his father? | 拒绝父亲来突显自己呢 |
[20:55] | It’s neither. It’s both. | 说不是也不是 说是也是 |
[20:58] | It’s men. | 是男人 |
[21:01] | And how did you acquire this new expertise? | 你怎么学会这种说法的 |
[21:03] | Oh, yeah. What happened with Glenn? | 你和格伦怎么了 |
[21:05] | Well, remember when we said | 还记得我们说过 |
[21:07] | that two sexes must be so limiting? | 两种性别肯定非常有局限性 |
[21:11] | I think Glenn found a loophole. | 我觉得格伦发现了其中的”漏洞” |
[21:22] | You’re a precocious kid, | 你不过是个早熟的孩子 |
[21:24] | but this is a game of wisdom. | 这可是智者的游戏 |
[21:26] | All right, old man, | 好吧 老男人 |
[21:27] | let’s settle this once and for all. | 我们一局定胜负 |
[21:38] | – Checkmate! – Oh, damn it! | -将军 -我靠 |
[21:44] | Oh, wait. Look. | 且慢 看 |
[21:46] | My rook can take your– | 我的车能… |