时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Oh, sign here. | 请签收 |
[00:05] | What? No, no. | 这是什么 不对 |
[00:08] | I requested a vault and a pommel horse. | 我订的是撑杆和鞍马 |
[00:10] | I’ll kill myself on this. | 在上面蹦跶我会死的 |
[00:12] | – Dean Albright requested it. – She did? | -这是欧布莱特院长订的 -是她 |
[00:15] | She did?! | 真的是她 |
[00:18] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[00:19] | Mary! You’re coming back to me! | 玛丽 你终于重回我的怀抱了 |
[00:22] | Uh, Dick, I’m kind of busy. | 迪克 我现在很忙 |
[00:23] | Of course. Busy resigning from your post as Dean! | 当然 忙着写你的院长辞职报告 |
[00:27] | Oh, Mary, now we’ll have time again. | 玛丽 我们又能共处一室了 |
[00:29] | Time for us. Let’s go! | 就我们俩 我们走 |
[00:31] | Dick, I’m not resigning. | 迪克 我没有辞职 |
[00:33] | But the desk in my office– | 但我办公室里的那张新桌子… |
[00:35] | our office. | 应该是我们的办公室 |
[00:36] | Oh, that. It’s for Dr. Ravelli, | 那个啊 是为拉维利教授准备的 |
[00:39] | our new professor of comparative literature. | 她是新来的比较文学教授 |
[00:41] | She’s from Harvard. | 她可是来自哈佛大学的 |
[00:42] | Harvard. How nice. | 哈佛 太好了 |
[00:44] | I’m sure I memoed you about it. | 我记得通知过你的 |
[00:47] | So it’s come to that, has it? | 就是随便通知了一下 是吗 |
[00:49] | I’m now nothing more to you than a tiny “CC” | 我现在只是你备忘录上的 |
[00:51] | at the bottom of a memo. | 小小抄送对象 |
[00:53] | Just another name on the distribution list, | 只是分发列表上的一个名字而已 |
[00:56] | dictated but not read. | 连备忘录都是你口授秘书写的 |
[00:59] | Dick, you know that’s not true. | 迪克 不是那么回事 |
[01:01] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[01:04] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[01:05] | I’ve been terribly busy. | 我一直都很忙 |
[01:08] | How about we spend some time together? | 我们好好约会一次如何 |
[01:11] | Tonight. Just the 2 of us. | 今晚 就我们两个 |
[01:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:13] | Absolutely. I’ll bring the wine. | 当然 我还会带上一瓶好酒 |
[01:15] | Say, uh, 6:00? | 就六点吧 |
[01:17] | You’ve got the roundtable on tenure. | 有一个终身教席的圆桌会议 |
[01:19] | – 7:00 – Steering committee. | -那就七点 -指导委员会的会议 |
[01:20] | 8:00? | 八点呢 |
[01:21] | Well, you’re open, but I could make something up. | 没有安排 但我可以随便瞎掰点事 |
[01:24] | 8:00. | 那就八点 |
[01:26] | 8:00. I’ll see you at my place. | 八点 就去我家 |
[01:27] | Oh, and, uh, Lucy… | 对了 露西 |
[01:28] | what are you doing at 8:00? | 你八点有什么安排 |
[01:30] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[01:32] | That’s right. | 有人约才怪 |
[02:13] | Tommy, could you get me | 汤米 能帮我去后面 |
[02:15] | a bottle of bourbon from the back room? | 拿瓶波旁威士忌过来吗 |
[02:16] | Yeah, you got it. | 好的 这就去 |
[02:17] | Hey, hey, hey, Harry. | 听着 哈里 |
[02:19] | I don’t mind your underage | 我不介意你的 |
[02:20] | nephew helping out around the bar here, | 未成年的侄子在这里打下手 |
[02:21] | but I’m not paying him. | 可我不会付他工资的 |
[02:23] | Oh, no, that’s Ok. I work for beer. | 没关系 给我啤酒喝就行了 |
[02:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[02:31] | So, Eric, uh, how long have you been working with Don? | 艾瑞克 你和唐共事多久了 |
[02:34] | Just a couple of weeks. | 就几个星期而已 |
[02:35] | I’m–I’m waiting to get into the K-9 unit. | 我一直在等着去警犬队工作呢 |
[02:38] | Oh, what’s the holdup? | 为什么要等呢 |
[02:39] | Well, our–our dog ran away. | 我们的狗跑了 |
[02:43] | But we’re putting up fliers. | 不过局里已经张贴了寻狗启示 |
[02:46] | So, Eric, when do I get to meet your girlfriend? | 艾瑞克 什么时候能见到你的女朋友呢 |
[02:48] | Uh…I don’t have one right now. | 我没有女朋友 |
[02:54] | You don’t have a girlfriend? | 你没有女朋友吗 |
[02:55] | No. | 没有 |
[02:56] | Why? Is there something weird about you? | 为什么 难道你有什么特殊癖好吗 |
[03:00] | No. | 没有 |
[03:01] | Sally, come on. | 莎莉 别乱说 |
[03:02] | Eric just hasn’t met the right girl, that’s all. | 艾瑞克只是还没有遇见合适的而已 |
[03:04] | Well, we’re gonna have to do something about that. | 我们必须得帮帮他 |
[03:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:11] | I mean, we’re so happy together. | 你看 我们这么幸福 |
[03:13] | I just want to see all our single friends | 我只想让身边所有的单身朋友 |
[03:14] | to be just like us. | 都像我们一样 |
[03:17] | Oh…ah, I don’t think you want to do that, Sally. | 还是算了吧 莎莉 |
[03:19] | Yeah, I definitely do. | 我一定要帮忙 |
[03:20] | Is there any way I can stop you? | 有什么办法能阻止你吗 |
[03:22] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[03:24] | Look, I’m really not looking… | 我没想找… |
[03:25] | You know, this isn’t about you. | 不关你事 |
[03:28] | Hey, Harry, check this thing out. | 哈里 看看这是什么 |
[03:31] | Ohh! A hand truck. Good for you. | 一辆手推车 你真行 |
[03:34] | Look what’s on the hand truck. | 看看手推车上的东西 |
[03:35] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么玩意儿 |
[03:37] | Oh, that’s an old bar game. The “Love Tester.” | 过时的酒吧游戏机 “你是好情人吗” |
[03:40] | It’s been busted for years. | 坏了好几年了 |
[03:41] | Well, can I fix it? | 我想修好它 行吗 |
[03:42] | Knock yourself out. | 随你便 |
[03:44] | Well, what does it do? | 这是干什么用的 |
[03:45] | Well, it tells you how good a lover you are. | 它会告诉你 你是一个怎样的情人 |
[03:47] | Oh, how? You make love to it? | 它怎么会知道 和它做爱吗 |
[03:57] | No, you–you just put your hand on it. | 不 只要把手放上去就行了 |
[04:00] | Then after a couple of dates, you make love to it. | 经过几次约会后 就可以做了 |
[04:04] | You just put a nickel in it. | 只要投入五美分就行了 |
[04:06] | Wow. A nickel for all that lovin’. | 真便宜 做一次只要五美分 |
[04:14] | She’s 3 hours late! | 她已经迟到三小时了 |
[04:16] | Now, Dick, just calm down. | 迪克 淡定 |
[04:19] | It’s reprehensible! | 她该被雷劈 |
[04:21] | She’s a very busy woman. | 她可是个大忙人 |
[04:23] | It’s so insulting! | 真是太无礼了 |
[04:26] | Dick, calm down. | 迪克 淡定 |
[04:27] | I can’t! | 做不到 |
[04:28] | Now, don’t do this to yourself. | 你不能这样 |
[04:29] | – You’re worth more than this. – Hello! | -好男不跟女计较 -我来了 |
[04:31] | How dare you! | 你怎么能这样 |
[04:33] | Oh, Dick, I’m so sorry. | 迪克 我很抱歉 |
[04:35] | The tenure committee bumped into the steering committee, | 终身教席会议和指导委员会的会议撞车了 |
[04:37] | and then the wheels came off. | 原先的计划都被打乱了 |
[04:39] | Oh. Well, thanks to you, I had to eat both our dinners, | 托你的福 我把两份晚餐都给吃了 |
[04:42] | and I’m uncomfortably full! | 现在我撑得要死 |
[04:48] | You know, it’s just as well. | 这样也好 |
[04:49] | That new professor, Dr. Ravelli, just got into town, | 新来的那位拉维利教授刚到 |
[04:52] | and I told her I’d take her out for drinks. | 我告诉她要带她去喝一杯 |
[04:53] | Oh, Ravelli! | 又是拉维利 |
[04:55] | It’s bad enough she’s taking over half my office. | 霸占一半办公室 已经够可恶了 |
[04:57] | Now this! She’s ruining everything. I want her to go away! | 现在又霸占你 真是个扫把星 我要她滚蛋 |
[05:00] | Oh, come on, Dick. She’s very nice. | 别这样 迪克 她人很好 |
[05:04] | You’re going to like her. | 你会喜欢她的 |
[05:05] | No, I won’t! | 不可能 |
[05:06] | I want things to be like they used to be, Mary. | 我想回到从前那样 玛丽 |
[05:09] | Make love to me, | 我们做爱吧 |
[05:10] | right here on this table, | 就在这张桌子上做 |
[05:12] | like we always used to want to do. | 我们一直都想这么做来着 |
[05:14] | Oh, Dick, I’d love to, but I’ve got to run. | 迪克 我也很想做 但我得走了 |
[05:18] | How about tomorrow… | 明天怎么样… |
[05:19] | Ok. | 好的 |
[05:22] | No, I’ve got an 8:00. | 不行 我八点有事 |
[05:24] | Thursday’s no good. | 周四也排满了 |
[05:27] | I’ll pencil you in for a week from Monday. | 一周后好吗 我会记在本子上的 |
[05:29] | Oh, good. | 好的 |
[05:30] | – A week from Monday, 8:30. – Good. | -一周后的晚上八点半 -好的 |
[05:32] | – Quarter of 9:00. – Good. | -八点四十五 -好的 |
[05:34] | – 9-ish. – Good. | -差不多九点吧 -好的 |
[05:35] | – Bye. – Bye-bye. | -我走了 -再见 |
[05:38] | A week from Monday! | 一周以后 |
[05:39] | Well, at least she’s making an effort. | 好了 至少她已经做出了努力 |
[05:47] | Oh. I see you’re getting ready for the arrival | 看来你已经做好了迎接 |
[05:50] | of professor Mcbitch! | “贱人”教授的准备工作了 |
[05:56] | Her name is Ravelli. | 她的名字叫拉维利 |
[05:58] | Oh, and my caustic joke | 在我的刻薄笑话里 |
[05:59] | on her name is “Mcbitch.” | 她的名字就是”贱人” |
[06:04] | Hmm…that’s clever. | 你太有才了 |
[06:07] | “Hello, I’m professor Mcbitch. | 你好 我是”贱人”教授 |
[06:10] | I come from Harvard.” | 我来自哈佛 |
[06:12] | How snooty! | 真是目中无人 |
[06:14] | She’s probably told all her Harvard cronies | 她大概会告诉她所有哈佛的密友 |
[06:16] | how she’s crowding out that Solomon bumpkin. | 她是如何逼走土包子所罗门的 |
[06:19] | Bumpkin– | 土包子 |
[06:20] | How dare she call me that! | 她竟敢这么称呼我 |
[06:23] | And this is your office. | 这就是你的办公室了 |
[06:25] | Oh, uh, Jennifer Ravelli, meet Dick Solomon. | 詹妮弗·拉维利 这位是迪克·所罗门 |
[06:29] | Oh, helloo. | 在下有礼了 |
[06:32] | Oh, what a delightfully eclectic | 你这儿装饰得真有一种让人欣喜的 |
[06:35] | sense of decor you have. | 中庸之道的感觉 |
[06:37] | Ah, the mockery begins. | 刻薄的嘲弄开始了 |
[06:39] | Oh, I love it! How whimsical! | 我爱死它了 好奇怪的造型 |
[06:41] | Ok, the potato man… | 住手 薯头先生 |
[06:43] | we don’t touch that. | 不喜欢别人摸他 |
[06:47] | Ah, Jennifer, have you met your assistant | 詹妮弗 来见见你的助理 |
[06:49] | Nina Campbell? | 尼娜·坎贝尔吧 |
[06:51] | Uh, Dick, maybe you could take Jennifer | 迪克 稍后你可以 |
[06:52] | on a tour of the campus later on. | 带詹妮弗参观一下校园 |
[06:54] | Oh, fine. But we’ll have to walk. | 好的 但我们得步行参观 |
[06:57] | My rusty old tater truck’s in the shop, | 我那生锈的拖拉机还在拉砖 |
[07:00] | and I plum forgot my mule. | 我也没把骡子牵过来 |
[07:05] | Play nice. | 很好 你就继续闹吧 |
[07:07] | So you teach literature, Dr. Ravelli? | 那么您是教文学的咯 拉维利教授 |
[07:10] | The classics–Chaucer, | 主要是经典名著 乔叟的 |
[07:12] | Moliere, Cervantes… | 莫里哀的 塞万提斯的 |
[07:13] | So you read books for a living. | 这么说你是靠读书过活的 |
[07:15] | And they pay me. Imagine! | 他们还付我工资 难以想象吧 |
[07:20] | Soooo-eeeee. | 噜 噜噜噜噜 |
[07:23] | Pig, pig, pig, pig. | 小猪 小猪 |
[07:30] | Nina! | 尼娜 |
[07:32] | Sally! | 莎莉 |
[07:33] | Funny running into you here, huh? | 遇见你真巧啊 是吗 |
[07:35] | Uh-huh. | 是的 |
[07:36] | Hey! It just occurred to me. | 等等 我刚想起来 |
[07:39] | I have the perfect guy for you. | 我手头上有个非常适合你的人 |
[07:41] | His name is Eric. He’s great. You gotta meet him. | 他叫艾瑞克 很棒的 你一定要见见他 |
[07:44] | Really? Well, what’s he like? | 是吗 他看上去怎么样 |
[07:45] | He’s like…a guy. | 看上去像个爷们儿 |
[07:48] | You gotta meet him. | 你一定要见见他 |
[07:49] | Well, how old is he? | 他多大了 |
[07:51] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:54] | Old enough, if that’s what you’re worried about. | 反正不小了 这点你不用担心 |
[07:57] | Well, is he black? | 他是黑人吗 |
[07:58] | Uh, does it matter? | 这重要吗 |
[08:00] | No, but it would be nice, though. | 不重要 但如果是就最好了 |
[08:02] | Then he’s black! | 他是黑人 |
[08:03] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:07] | Yep, he’s black. Isn’t that great? | 确定 很不错吧 |
[08:10] | – Great. – Oh, great. | -不错 -太好了 |
[08:16] | Well, Harry, | 哈里 |
[08:17] | thanks to my selfless efforts, right about now, | 为我的无私努力敬自己一杯 现在 |
[08:20] | Nina and Eric are probably doin’ it. | 艾瑞克可能已经把尼娜”推倒”了 |
[08:24] | It’s only 7:00. | 现在才七点 |
[08:26] | They’re probably still in the restaurant. | 他们很可能还在餐厅 |
[08:28] | Ooh. Hope they got a booth. | 希望他们坐的是小隔间 |
[08:32] | All right. Ok, I think I fixed it. | 好了 我想应该是修好了 |
[08:35] | Let’s try it out. | 我来试试 |
[08:41] | “Cold fish”? | “无欲冰仔” |
[08:42] | – I thought I had it working. – Here, let me try it. | -我以为已经修好了 -我来试试 |
[08:56] | “Hot stuff.” | “大众情人” |
[08:57] | – Looks like it’s working to me. – Get out. | -测得挺准的嘛 -闪开 |
[09:03] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[09:05] | Hmm. Well, don’t worry about it, Tommy. | 别多想了 汤米 |
[09:07] | It probably just means that I’m a lot sexier than you are. | 也许这只是说明我比你更性感而已 |
[09:17] | Ladies. | 美女们 |
[09:29] | Good morning, Dr. Solomon. | 早上好 所罗门教授 |
[09:31] | Good morning. | 你好 |
[09:32] | I think perchance we picked | 我想我们在初次见面时 |
[09:34] | a wrong foot off which to start. | 可能产生了点小误会 |
[09:36] | So allow me this olive branch, if you will, | 所以 请允许我向你献上这杯 |
[09:38] | in the form of a cappuccino. | 满怀诚意的卡布奇诺 |
[09:39] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:41] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你的喜好 |
[09:42] | but I like my “Cappies” as I like my entendres– | 我喝咖啡就像含糊其词那样 喜欢 |
[09:45] | double. | 加浓[模棱两可] |
[09:48] | And I like my “Cappies” as I like my French farces– | 我喝咖啡就像法式闹剧那样 喜欢 |
[09:51] | scalding yet frothy. | 滚烫兼多泡[闹腾兼浅薄] |
[09:57] | What are those? | 这些是什么 |
[09:58] | Oh, just a few books from my collection. | 是我收集的一些书籍 |
[10:00] | Some illuminated manuscripts | 是我去年夏天在威尔士 |
[10:01] | I picked up in Wales last summer | 收获的一些彩绘本手稿 |
[10:03] | and a first edition of Pride and Prejudice. | 还有第一版的《傲慢与偏见》 |
[10:06] | Oh, impressive. | 了不起 |
[10:08] | – Ah, that’s leather. – Oh, I’m sorry. | -那是真皮的 -抱歉 |
[10:09] | – That’s over 100 years old. – I’m sorry. | -那个有百年历史了 -抱歉 |
[10:11] | – That’s gilt! – Sorry. | -那是镀金的 -抱歉 |
[10:12] | That, too! | 那本也是 |
[10:13] | And…hand-stenciled! | 那是手工雕花的 |
[10:18] | Don Quixote. | 《堂·吉诃德》 |
[10:20] | Yes, it’s very rare. | 这是珍本 |
[10:21] | “Sin su general y el Castillo | “军队不可无将军 |
[10:23] | sin su castellano…” | 城堡不可无长官” |
[10:26] | Very good. | 读得很好 |
[10:28] | But you don’t get the full | 但如果用他们的方言 |
[10:29] | impact unless you hear it in its true dialect. | 来朗读的话将会更具冲击力 |
[10:32] | – Castillian. – Castillian? | -卡斯提尔语 -卡斯提尔语 |
[10:34] | Well, if I may… | 我来读读… |
[10:39] | “Sin su general | “肠腌倒[常言道] |
[10:41] | y el Castillo sin su castellano.” | 金堆不可无肛军[军队不可无将军] |
[10:43] | Asi como suele decirse…” | 撑饱不可无胀罐”[城堡不可无长官] |
[10:53] | I thee. | 在下不才 |
[11:00] | Nina! | 尼娜 |
[11:01] | Sally! | 莎莉 |
[11:03] | You sure are around here a lot, aren’t you? | 你经常在这儿闲逛 是吗 |
[11:05] | I work here. What are you doing here? | 我在这儿工作 你来干嘛 |
[11:08] | Great, yeah. I hear that– By the way, uh… | 很好 我听说了…顺便问一下 |
[11:10] | how was your date with Eric? | 你和艾瑞克的约会怎么样了 |
[11:12] | Oh, it was fun. | 很有意思 |
[11:14] | Did I not tell you he’s a great guy? | 我就说他人不错吧 |
[11:16] | Yes, you did. | 是的 |
[11:17] | Yes, I did! | 姐没坑你吧 |
[11:19] | All right, when are you going to see him again? | 你们打算什么时候再约会呢 |
[11:21] | Oh, I don’t think I’m going to, but thanks. | 我想没有下次了 但还是要谢谢你 |
[11:23] | He really is nice. | 他人真的很好 |
[11:26] | What? | 什么 |
[11:29] | No, no. You-you’re talking crazy. | 不不 你又在说疯话了 |
[11:32] | We just didn’t spark. I’m sorry, Sally. | 我对他没感觉 很抱歉 莎莉 |
[11:38] | Not acceptable. | 不接受道歉 |
[11:41] | And once again. | 再来一遍 |
[11:43] | “La mujer casada | “一个年轻的已婚女子 |
[11:45] | y moza sin su marido.” | 更不可身边无丈夫” |
[11:48] | No, make the tongue heavier. | 不 舌头还不够大 |
[11:50] | – Casada. – Cathada. | -已婚 -已分 |
[11:53] | Sin su marido. | 无丈夫 |
[11:55] | Thin thu marido. | 木有浆糊 |
[11:59] | Roll the “R.” | 是卷舌音 |
[12:00] | It starts in the back of the throat | 声音是从喉咙里发出来的 |
[12:02] | an slowly off the tongue and off the lips. | 慢慢地把舌头和嘴唇放平 |
[12:06] | Marrrrrido. | 浆…糊 |
[12:07] | Yes. I have a class. We’ll pick this up later. | 很好 我要去上课了 晚点再练习 |
[12:11] | Oh, yes, please. You’re a very inspiring teacher, | 拜托了 你是位很会启发学生的好老师 |
[12:13] | – with very shiny hair. – I’ll see you later. | -还有着一头秀发 -回头见 |
[12:16] | Oh, have a nice class. Bye-bye. Good luck. | 祝你上课愉快 再见 祝你好运 |
[12:19] | Have a nice class. | 祝你上课愉快 |
[12:28] | So did you manage to go 5 minutes | 你居然忍住了没对 |
[12:30] | – without biting Dr. Ravelli’s head off? – Oh, yes. | -拉维利教授下毒手 -是的 |
[12:32] | In fact, she’s perfectly nice. Delightful woman. I love her. | 其实她人挺不错的 可爱的女人 我爱她 |
[12:39] | I love her?! | 我爱她 |
[12:44] | What’s the matter with me? | 我到底是怎么了 |
[12:46] | What have I done wrong? | 到底做错了什么 |
[12:47] | You haven’t done anything wrong. | 你什么都没做错 |
[12:48] | No, I have! | 不 我错了 |
[12:50] | Earth’s not supposed to work this way. | 地球上不该发生这种事 |
[12:51] | I know how it works. You love one person. | 我知道的 你只能爱一个人 |
[12:53] | For me, that’s Mary. That’s the one hard, | 我只爱玛丽 这是一个 |
[12:56] | solid fact I’ve always been able to count on. | 我所信仰的 亘古不变的真理 |
[12:59] | And now there’s this Jennifer. | 现在又来个詹妮弗 |
[13:01] | What’s going on? | 到底是怎么了 |
[13:03] | Aw, this planet’s screwy! | 这个星球就是个疯人院 |
[13:06] | Oh, I mean, Nina and Eric are made for each other, | 尼娜和艾瑞克应该是天生的一对 |
[13:09] | but I can’t get them to see it. | 但我却不能撮合他们 |
[13:11] | Well, you guys, maybe it’s time to give up. | 我想你们应该放弃了 |
[13:13] | I don’t know the meaning of the words “Give up.” | 我压根就不知道”放弃”为何物 |
[13:15] | Well, “Give” is a verb — | “放”是动词… |
[13:17] | I know the meaning of the words! | 我知道这个词是什么意思 |
[13:19] | I just don’t know what’s what anymore! | 我已分不清是非黑白了 |
[13:21] | How can love work this way? | 爱情怎么能这样呢 |
[13:23] | It’s totally random. | 这完全就是随机的 |
[13:24] | It’s just electricity. You can’t control it. | 电流而已 根本无法控制 |
[13:26] | – It doesn’t mean anything. – You really think that’s true? | -没有道理可言 -你真这样认为吗 |
[13:28] | Of course it’s true. That’s just the way the machine works. | 当然 那台破机器就是这样运作的 |
[13:30] | “Cold fish.” Aah! | “无欲冰仔” 见鬼 |
[13:33] | Well, Dick, maybe it’s the office, you know. | 迪克 问题可能出在办公室上 |
[13:35] | Maybe you’re destined to fall in love with | 也许无论你和谁共处一室 |
[13:37] | – whoever you share the office with. – That’s ridiculous. | -就会注定爱上她 -荒谬 |
[13:40] | If loved worked that way, | 如果真是那样的话 |
[13:41] | there’d be office romances all over the place. | 那岂不是办公室恋情满天飞 |
[13:44] | Businessmen having affairs with their secretaries. Please! | 老板就会和小秘有一腿 别扯了 |
[13:51] | I can’t let this happen. | 不能再这样下去了 |
[13:53] | No matter how tempting Jennifer is, | 无论詹妮弗有多迷人 |
[13:55] | I must be strong! | 我一定要挺住[强壮] |
[14:04] | I loosened it for you. | 我已经帮你弄松了 |
[14:17] | Dick? | 迪克 |
[14:26] | Dick! | 迪克 |
[14:33] | Dick! | 迪克 |
[14:39] | Hello. Yes. | 你好 是我 |
[14:41] | No, I can’t talk right now. I’ll have to call you back. | 我现在说话不方便 回头我打给你 |
[14:44] | Dick, you scamp! | 迪克 你太调皮了 |
[14:46] | What game is this, then? | 在和我捉迷藏吗 |
[14:47] | I-I-I’m sorry, Jennifer. | 抱歉 詹妮弗 |
[14:48] | I can’t really talk just now. | 我现在没空和你聊 |
[14:50] | I have a lot of work, as you can see. | 你也看见了 我很忙 |
[14:51] | No, no. I see, yes. | 我看出来了 |
[14:53] | Back to the salt mines. | 又要辛苦了 |
[14:54] | Ha ha. That’s right. | 说的没错 |
[14:55] | Why won’t you look at me? | 你为什么不看我呢 |
[14:57] | – Oh, I’m not not looking at you. – Yes, you are. | -我没有不看你 -你没看 |
[14:59] | No, I’m not, and besides I have excellent peripheral vision. | 我看了 用余光看的 我的斜视功能很强大 |
[15:02] | You never really know what I’m looking at. | 你压根就不会知道我在看哪里 |
[15:04] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:07] | What’s that I smell? | 什么味道 |
[15:08] | Oh, is that me? I wore perfume today. | 是我身上的吗 我今天喷了香水 |
[15:11] | Antonia’s flowers… | 安东尼亚之花 |
[15:12] | a scent of the Hamptons. | 来自汉普顿的气息 |
[15:14] | Is it too strong? | 太浓了吗 |
[15:15] | No, no. It’s quite nice. | 不 恰到好处 |
[15:17] | In fact, it’s… | 其实 闻起来… |
[15:18] | delicately, delightfully, | 很优雅 让人陶醉 |
[15:21] | teasingly… | 意乱情迷… |
[15:24] | stinking! It’s giving me a headache. Please go away. | 臭死了 闻着头疼 离我远点 |
[15:27] | I’m sorry, Dick. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 迪克 |
[15:49] | What’s so funny? | 什么那么好笑 |
[15:51] | Oh, it’s Moliere. | 是莫里哀的书 |
[15:53] | Oh, I–I never read him. | 我从未读过他的作品 |
[15:55] | Oh, you must. Listen. | 你一定得看看 听这段 |
[15:56] | “Girl, you talk too much, and, I’m afraid, | “姑娘 你唠叨个不停 我恐怕 |
[15:59] | you’re far too saucy for a lady’s maid.” | 作为侍女来讲 你活泼过头了” |
[16:06] | Amusing, no? | 很好笑 不是吗 |
[16:10] | No! | 不好笑 |
[16:13] | Well, then, why are you laughing? | 那你笑什么 |
[16:15] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:16] | You make me… | 你太逗了… |
[16:28] | Excuse me! Mary! | 失陪了 玛丽 |
[16:30] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[16:31] | You’re got to move Jennifer out of my office. | 你必须要把詹妮弗从我那儿赶走 |
[16:34] | Dick, I don’t have time for this. | 迪克 我没时间跟你胡闹 |
[16:36] | Well, you’ve got to make time. | 那就挤点时间 |
[16:37] | Ok. What’s she doing that’s so horrible? | 好了 她又踩了你哪条尾巴了 |
[16:41] | Well… | 是… |
[16:42] | Ok, well… | 是这样的… |
[16:44] | Well, she wears this perfume. | 她喷了香水 |
[16:47] | I–I try to work but I–there it is, | 我想好好工作 但是那味道 |
[16:49] | wafting all the way over to my desk. | 一直在往我这儿飘荡 |
[16:51] | Wafting…uh-huh. | 飘荡 |
[16:56] | Well, she–she–she has this laugh. | 她还放声大笑 |
[16:58] | It’s infectious. Like a disease! | 那笑声会传染 就像病毒 |
[17:02] | Yeah? | 说下去 |
[17:03] | Ok, uh, this might not sound like much, | 这听上去也许不算什么 |
[17:06] | but she touches her hair a lot. | 但她还一直在拨弄头发 |
[17:08] | And–and–and… | 而且还 还… |
[17:09] | Oh, never mind. | 算了吧 |
[17:11] | Dick, you wanted her out before you even met her. | 迪克 在你们见面之前你就想让她滚蛋 |
[17:15] | If you just got to know her a little better– | 如果你对她的了解 再深入点的话 |
[17:18] | No, Mary, please, help me, | 不 玛丽 求你了 帮帮我吧 |
[17:19] | before our whole world comes crashing down around our heads. | 趁我们平静的生活还未被打破 |
[17:23] | Dick, you’re an adult. | 迪克 你是个成年人 |
[17:24] | If you have a problem with her, | 如果你们之间有矛盾的话 |
[17:26] | deal with it yourself. | 那就自己去解决吧 |
[17:28] | But, Mary, I can’t– | 但是 玛丽 我… |
[17:30] | Oh. Hello? | 你好 |
[17:32] | Oh, thank you for calling back. | 谢谢你能回电 |
[17:34] | Yes. It’s about the 3:00 meeting. | 是的 关于三点的会议 |
[17:36] | I can’t possibly make it until 3:45. | 我最早也只能在三点四十五分赶到 |
[17:38] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[17:42] | Well, could you possibly coordinate with them | 你能和他们协调一下吗 并确定 |
[17:44] | and find out if they can make it at 3:45? | 三点四十五分是否对他们也合适 |
[17:50] | Ok. Favorite foods. | 好了 最喜欢的食物 |
[17:53] | Nina? | 尼娜你先说 |
[17:54] | Can you believe this? | 你能相信吗 |
[17:55] | Did she tell you there was a party? | 她对你也是说有派对吗 |
[17:57] | She told me open sushi bar. | 她说寿司免费任吃 |
[17:59] | Listen, guys, I had no idea that she was gonna do this. | 听着 伙计们 我也是被忽悠过来的 |
[18:02] | I can’t say that I’m surprised, | 虽然这在我的意料之中 |
[18:04] | but I had no idea. | 但我事先真的不知道 |
[18:05] | Ok, come on, guys. Let’s focus here! | 好了 伙计们 都集中注意力 |
[18:07] | Ok, turnons, turnoffs. | 什么有性趣 什么没有 |
[18:08] | Sally, I have to warn you, | 莎莉 我得警告你 |
[18:10] | I’m about to scratch your eyeballs out! | 别逼我插你的眼睛 |
[18:12] | Sally, can we powwow for a moment? | 莎莉 我们能谈谈吗 |
[18:17] | – Can you believe this? – Unreal. | -真是莫名其妙 -就是 |
[18:19] | I mean, jeez, I already told her our date sucked. | 我早跟她说了 我们的约会超没劲 |
[18:21] | – Isn’t that enough? – Excuse me. Sucked? | -还不够直白吗 -你说什么 超没劲 |
[18:24] | Sucked? Did I say sucked? | 超没劲 我说超没劲吗 |
[18:27] | Yeah, it sucked. | 是的 超没劲 |
[18:30] | Sally! They’re not into each other. | 莎莉 他们不喜欢对方 |
[18:32] | Just let it be. | 顺其自然吧 |
[18:33] | No, Don, I know what I’m doing. | 不 唐 我知道我在做什么 |
[18:35] | I just want them to be as happy as we are. | 我只想让他们能和我们一样幸福 |
[18:37] | But we–we weren’t forced together, Sally. | 但是 强扭的瓜不甜 莎莉 |
[18:39] | We came together naturally. | 我们是两厢情愿的 |
[18:42] | I mean, you were this– this…huge boulder, | 我是说 你曾是一块磐石 |
[18:45] | and I was this tiny drop of water. | 而我就是一颗小水珠 |
[18:48] | And it took time, but I kept dripping– | 我一直很有耐心地在滴 |
[18:51] | drip, drip, drip– | 滴啊滴 滴啊滴 |
[18:53] | until I wore you down. | 直到水滴石穿 |
[18:55] | Yeah, you did. | 是这样的 |
[18:57] | And now look at us. | 看看我们现在 |
[18:59] | You’re still a boulder, | 你仍是块磐石 |
[19:01] | but I’ve worn a nice little crease in you. | 但我已经在你身上滴出了条缝 |
[19:05] | Oh, you’re right, Don. | 你是对的 唐 |
[19:08] | If Eric and Nina are gonna find love, | 如果艾瑞克和尼娜想要寻觅真爱的话 |
[19:11] | they’re just gonna have to do it on their own. | 就必须得靠自己了 |
[19:17] | Hey…why so blue, little buddy? | 为什么这么郁闷啊 小朋友 |
[19:21] | I’m a cold fish. | 我是无欲冰仔 |
[19:22] | I’m destined to live my life alone, | 注定会孤独终老 |
[19:24] | unable to ignite the faintest flicker of lust in any woman. | 任何一个女人的星星欲火都无法激起 |
[19:28] | Oh, yeah, I know how you feel. | 我明白你的感受 |
[19:33] | How can you know how I feel? | 你怎么会明白我的感受呢 |
[19:35] | You’re hot stuff! | 你是大众情人 |
[19:37] | The world’s your freakin’ oyster, man! | 全世界的妹子都是你的 |
[19:39] | Tommy! | 汤米 |
[19:49] | Jennifer. | 詹妮弗 |
[19:50] | Dick, you scared me well-nigh to death. | 迪克 你把我吓得半死 |
[19:55] | I’ve been waiting for you. | 我一直在等你 |
[19:57] | For me? | 等我 |
[19:57] | We have to nip this thing in the bud. | 我们必须得悬崖勒马了 |
[20:00] | It pains me to say this, but we can’t be an item. | 说这话让我心如刀割 但我们不能相爱 |
[20:04] | We can’t be an item? | 我们不能相爱 |
[20:06] | No, we can’t. | 绝对不能 |
[20:07] | And it’s not because you’re not beautiful, | 不是因为你不漂亮 |
[20:09] | because… you know you are. | 因为你真的很漂亮 |
[20:11] | And I can’t pretend that your intellect doesn’t intrigue me, | 我也无法假装没有被你的聪慧所吸引 |
[20:16] | because I’d like to drill holes in your head | 因为我真想在你的脑袋上钻个洞 |
[20:18] | and suck all your thoughts out with a straw. | 用根吸管把你的想法都吸出来 |
[20:21] | I’d love nothing more than to | 我现在就想立刻 |
[20:23] | sweep you off your feet right now | 拜倒在你的石榴裙下 |
[20:24] | and take you away to some distant island | 带你去某个世外桃源岛 |
[20:26] | where we could romp naked in the crystal waters | 赤身裸体地在晶莹剔透的水中嬉闹 |
[20:29] | and pay way too much for mediocre food, | 吃着质次价高的食物 |
[20:32] | but what can we do? It’s basically a monopoly, | 但有什么办法呢 那儿的宾馆只此一家 |
[20:34] | and the service is pretty good. | 不过客房服务很周到 |
[20:37] | But I can’t! I can’t! | 但我不能这样 不能 |
[20:38] | And that’s going to have to be final! | 所以我们就到此为止吧 |
[20:41] | I had no idea. Oh, Dick! | 我不知道你居然… 迪克 |
[20:45] | I’ve never thought of you that way. | 我对你没有非分之想 |
[20:47] | You haven’t? | 没有 |
[20:48] | No. | 没有 |
[20:49] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[20:51] | Until…you said that. | 你的一番话却令我春心荡漾 |
[20:55] | I would never have dared dream | 我从不敢奢望自己能够 |
[20:57] | that I could ignite a passion | 撩起如你这般卓越不凡的 |
[20:59] | in such a distinguished mind as yours. | 人物的熊熊激情 |
[21:01] | Distinguished? | 卓越不凡 |
[21:02] | Oh, yes! | 是的 |
[21:05] | I didn’t mean for this to happen. | 我不想这样的 |
[21:07] | I didn’t mean for any of this to–to–to happen. | 对于这一切 我真的不想这样的 |
[21:10] | “Hope is a lover’s staff. | “希望是恋人的手杖 |
[21:12] | Walk hence with that and manage | 带着它前行 可以对抗 |
[21:14] | it against despairing thoughts.” | 自觉绝望的思想” |
[21:16] | That’s beautiful. | 太美了 |
[21:18] | That’s Shakespeare. | 是莎士比亚说的 |
[21:20] | He’s good. | 他真会说 |
[21:38] | Oh, come on, Tommy. | 别这样 汤米 |
[21:40] | Who cares what the machine says? | 谁会在乎机器说什么呢 |
[21:42] | You’ve got a lot going for you. You’re cute. | 你有很多优点 你很萌的 |
[21:45] | Great. | 少来 |
[21:47] | Oh, come on, Tommy. | 别这样 汤米 |
[21:48] | There’s someone out there for everyone. | 每个人都会找到自己的幸福 |
[21:50] | You’re a cold fish, so what? | 无欲冰仔 那又如何 |
[21:52] | Find yourself a nice frigid girl. | 你可以找个性冷淡的冰美人嘛 |
[21:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:56] | Yeah! Go on… | 是的 别泄气 |
[21:59] | Rock on, fish boy! | 振作起来 小冰仔 |