时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Good morning. | 早啊 |
[00:07] | Oh, good morning, Nina. | 早上好 尼娜 |
[00:09] | Say, I have a 2-for-1 dinner coupon at cafe De boeuf, | 瞧 我有”流油小馆”买一送一的优惠券 |
[00:14] | that’s French for “Cafe of beef,” | 这是”牛肉小馆”的法语名 |
[00:18] | and Mary refuses to come. | 玛丽不肯去 |
[00:20] | We’ve been 4 times this week. | 一礼拜都去了四次了 |
[00:23] | So how does 7:00 sound? | 我们七点去吃怎么样 |
[00:25] | Sorry, Dr. Solomon. I’m busy. | 抱歉 所罗门教授 我有事 |
[00:27] | No. Let me explain. | 不要嘛 听我说 |
[00:28] | If I buy a steak dinner, you get one for free. | 买一送一就是我点份牛排 你的就免费 |
[00:32] | And then when the garcon turns his back, | 然后等服务员不注意 |
[00:34] | you can just slip me a few bucks under the table. | 你偷偷把饭钱给我就行 |
[00:38] | That’s very generous of you, | 您真是太客气了 |
[00:40] | but I have a meeting of the black student union. | 但我要参加黑人学生会的会议 |
[00:42] | Nina, this coupon expires tonight. | 尼娜 优惠就截止到今晚 |
[00:44] | You’ll still be black tomorrow. | 明天你不还是黑人嘛 |
[00:47] | That’s true, but I’m gonna have to pass. | 是没错 但还是算了吧 |
[00:50] | I’ll tell you what. | 那这样 |
[00:51] | I’ll come to the meeting, | 我也去开会 |
[00:52] | and then we can go grab some half-priced boeuf. | 然后我们一起去吃顿半价牛排 |
[00:57] | Dr. Solomon, I don’t think you’d get a lot out of it. | 所罗门教授 你可能糊涂了 |
[01:01] | The meeting’s a discussion group | 这种讨论会 |
[01:02] | for black members of the Pendleton community. | 只限潘德顿社团的黑人 |
[01:04] | Sort of like Weight Watchers? | 就像”慧俪轻体”减肥中心那样的 |
[01:07] | I’ll be in my office. | 我回办公室了 |
[01:08] | But, but Nina– | 但 但是 尼娜 |
[01:12] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂了 |
[01:14] | Why won’t she admit that the black student union | 为什么她不肯承认黑人学生会 |
[01:16] | is just a blatant ripoff of Weight Watchers? | 就是学人家”慧俪轻体”减肥中心呢 |
[01:19] | Because it’s not! | 因为它不是 |
[01:21] | Dick, you’ve got to accept the fact | 迪克 你必须面对现实 |
[01:24] | there are certain things in life you will never understand. | 生活中总有一些事 是你永远无法理解的 |
[01:27] | Oh, I accept that. | 好吧 我接受 |
[01:31] | But what are they and why won’t I understand them?! | 是什么事 为什么我就无法理解呢 |
[02:11] | Hey, Harry, how was the library? | 哈里 图书馆怎么样 |
[02:14] | You are looking at a free man. | 我现在无债一身轻 |
[02:17] | I returned the book, | 我还了书 |
[02:18] | paid the $14 in late fees, | 付了14块滞纳金 |
[02:21] | checked it right back out again. | 然后又把它借出来了 |
[02:24] | Oh, but get this. | 对了 |
[02:26] | The library is having a poetry contest, | 图书馆要举办诗歌大赛 |
[02:29] | and the topic is “If I could change the world.” | 主题是 “如果我能改变世界” |
[02:32] | – Isn’t that perfect for us? – Yeah, sure. | -这不是为我们量身定做的吗 -那是 |
[02:34] | We’ve got a keen third-party observer perspective. | 我们拥有敏锐的第三方视角 |
[02:37] | Too bad poetry’s stupid. | 愚蠢的诗歌远不能及 |
[02:40] | I don’t think it’s stupid. | 才不愚蠢呢 |
[02:41] | I think it’s boring. | 我觉得是无聊 |
[02:43] | The sign said there would be prizes. | 公告上说会有奖品 |
[02:45] | Prizes? | 奖品 |
[02:47] | You mean like a trip to Hawaii? | 夏威夷之旅那种吗 |
[02:49] | Or like a dune buggy? | 或者沙滩车什么的 |
[02:51] | Hey, it’s the public library! | 这可是公立图书馆 |
[02:53] | – Sky’s the limit! – I’m in. | -人家有的是钱 -我参加 |
[02:55] | – In! – In! | -参加 -参加 |
[03:01] | Uh-oh, Solomon’s here. | 不好 所罗门来了 |
[03:03] | Check, please. | 买单 谢谢 |
[03:05] | Listen, I’ve got to talk to Caryn, | 我有话要和凯伦说 |
[03:08] | so if you guys wouldn’t mind hitting the bricks. | 你们不介意让个道吧 |
[03:12] | Did you happen to go | 你不会碰巧 |
[03:14] | to the black student union meeting last night? | 参加了昨晚黑人学生会的会议吧 |
[03:16] | Oh, yeah, I went. | 是啊 我去了 |
[03:17] | Did you happen to take any notes or photos? | 不会碰巧记了笔记 或者拍了照片吧 |
[03:20] | You know how important those meetings are to me. | 你知道这种会议对我的重要性 |
[03:24] | Yeah. Um, Dr. Solomon, | 是啊 所罗门教授 |
[03:26] | you’re not black. | 你不是黑人 |
[03:28] | Well, how black do you have to be? | 多黑才算黑人 |
[03:31] | I mean, you’re a milky cocoa at best. | 你顶多算是牛奶巧克力 |
[03:35] | This isn’t really about color. | 肤色不是重点 |
[03:37] | I should have just said African-American. | 确切说是非裔美国人 |
[03:39] | Well, what happened at the meeting? Tell me. | 会上都说了什么 告诉我 |
[03:41] | Yeah, I’m leaving now. | 我要走了 |
[03:43] | I’ll tell you what happened on “The Jeffersons” last night. | 我拿昨晚 《杰弗逊一家》的情节和你换 |
[03:46] | Weezy almost started a fire. | 薇兹差点引起火灾 |
[03:48] | Oh, oh, and they changed Lionels. | 还有 演莱伦的演员换人了 |
[03:51] | If I could change the world, | 如果我能改变世界 |
[03:53] | I’d have every swimming pool | 我要让所有游泳池 |
[03:54] | have a shallow end, a deep end, | 都分有浅水区 深水区 |
[03:56] | and an unbelievably deep end. | 和深到不见底水区 |
[03:59] | – That is excellent. – Yeah. | -好主意 -说得好 |
[04:01] | Ok, if I could change the world, | 到我了 如果我能改变世界 |
[04:03] | I’d make every guy look like Don. | 我会让所有男人都长成唐那样 |
[04:08] | Then how would you tell which one was Don? | 那你怎么知道哪个是唐呢 |
[04:11] | They wouldn’t all be named Don, dumbass. | 他们又不是都叫唐 笨蛋 |
[04:15] | I wonder what I’d look like if I looked like Don. | 不知道如果我长得像唐 会是什么模样 |
[04:19] | Oh. You guys, here comes Dick. | 注意 迪克过来了 |
[04:21] | Check, please. | 买单 谢谢 |
[04:23] | You know what? I’ve been thinking | 跟你们说 我觉得 |
[04:25] | we should all attend | 我们都应该去参加 |
[04:27] | the next black student union meeting. | 下一次的黑人学生会 |
[04:29] | Ok. | 好啊 |
[04:30] | Well, maybe there’s, like, a white one we could go to. | 说不定 还有白人什么会我们能去看看 |
[04:34] | – You think? – Why not? | -你想去吗 -干嘛不去 |
[04:36] | Bartender, | 酒保 |
[04:37] | excuse me, are there any white support groups in this area? | 请问 这附近有什么白人组织吗 |
[04:41] | You mean like those white power guys | 你是说 像在亨德森维尔集会的 |
[04:44] | who meet out in Hendersonville? | 白人至上主义者? |
[04:45] | White power. | 白人至上主义 |
[04:47] | That sounds uplifting. Yeah. | 听起来振奋人心 |
[04:49] | Thank you, my white brother. | 谢谢你 白人兄弟 |
[04:52] | We’ll have two orders of buffalo wings, please. | 请给我们来两份辣鸡翅 |
[04:55] | You people disgust me. | 你们真让我恶心 |
[04:58] | All right, make that one order of wings | 好吧 那就一份辣鸡翅 |
[05:01] | and one mozzarella sticks. | 一份炸干酪条好了 |
[05:05] | Anyway, it sounds like fun. | 貌似挺有意思的 |
[05:07] | Yeah. White people playing white games. | 对啊 白人玩白人的游戏 |
[05:09] | Having white discussions. | 聊白人的话题 |
[05:11] | Yeah, where do white people go for really good pizza? | 白人都去哪儿买好吃的披萨啊 |
[05:13] | I’d be interested to know. | 我很想知道哎 |
[05:16] | You think Barry White will sing? | 你们觉得贝瑞·怀特会去唱歌吗 |
[05:19] | Why wouldn’t he? | 还用说 |
[05:22] | Look to ourselves and the future generation | 希望我们和我们的后代 |
[05:24] | to seize control of our nation’s destiny. | 能够掌握住国家的命运 |
[05:28] | You say, what’s involved? | 你们说 凭什么 |
[05:30] | This is our nation. We were here first. | 这是我们的国家 我们是先来者 |
[05:32] | We aren’t goin’ anywhere! | 我们不会离开 |
[05:37] | Well, it’s a good thing Barry White wasn’t there. | 还好贝瑞·怀特没去 |
[05:43] | Those guys were kind of creepy. | 那些人太恐怖了 |
[05:46] | Why do you think they burned | 他们为什么要烧掉那个 |
[05:47] | that giant lowercase letter “t”? | 巨大的小写字母”t” |
[05:51] | I don’t want to be a part of any group | 我不想加入任何 |
[05:53] | that hates the lowercase letter “t”. | 讨厌小写字母”t”的组织 |
[05:56] | No, they hated more than that. | 不 他们不止讨厌那个 |
[05:58] | They hated just about everybody. | 他们就是讨厌所有人嘛 |
[06:00] | You know what would be good? | 你们知道怎样才好吗 |
[06:01] | If people from different races | 不同种族的人 |
[06:03] | could live together in peace. | 能够和平相处 |
[06:05] | And, oh, I don’t know… | 该怎么说呢… |
[06:07] | say, harmony? | 民族大团结 |
[06:10] | Harry, how did you come up with that? | 哈里 你怎么想到的 |
[06:12] | That is so brilliant. | 太了不起了 |
[06:14] | You guys, that’s the topic for our poetry contest! | 伙计们 这就是我们诗歌比赛的主题 |
[06:19] | Uncharted territory! Get a pen! Get a pen! | 全新领域 笔 拿笔 |
[06:27] | Oh, here comes Dick. | 迪克过来了 |
[06:28] | Check, please. | 买单 谢谢 |
[06:29] | Oh, Nina, good. | 尼娜 太好了 |
[06:32] | I wanted to ask you, | 我想问你 |
[06:34] | did people dress up in robes | 黑人学生会上 |
[06:35] | at your black student union meeting? | 人们穿长袍吗 |
[06:39] | No. | 不 |
[06:40] | And, uh, was there a guy with a microphone | 会不会有人拿着麦克风 |
[06:42] | shouting unattractively? | 大声乱吼 |
[06:44] | No. | 不会 |
[06:45] | Ok, good. One last question– | 好的 最后一个问题 |
[06:47] | will you only rest when the blood of white people | 你是不是只有在白人的血液 |
[06:51] | overflows the rivers of America | 淹没了美国的江河 |
[06:52] | and runs out to sea? | 向大海奔腾的时候才会停歇 |
[06:54] | No, I’ll probably rest before that. | 不 我可能那之前就歇了 |
[06:57] | – Any reason you ask? – No, it’s just that last night, | -为什么问这些 -没什么 就是昨晚 |
[07:00] | I went to this rally in Hendersonville. | 我去了亨德森维尔的集会 |
[07:02] | – You what?! – You went to a white power rally? | -你干嘛了 -你参加了白人至上主义集会 |
[07:04] | Because of you. | 因为你 |
[07:06] | What?! | 什么 |
[07:07] | I–I didn’t like it! | 我 我一点也不喜欢 |
[07:13] | Ok, so what rhymes with racism? | 好吧 种族歧视和什么押韵呢 |
[07:19] | Weigh station! | 秤车机[检验车辆是否超重] |
[07:21] | Yeah! | 妙 |
[07:22] | Uh, that doesn’t rhyme. | 这个不押韵啊 |
[07:24] | Yes, it does. | 押韵 |
[07:25] | Ok, you know what rhymes with weigh station? | 那你知道秤车机跟什么押韵吗 |
[07:28] | Playstation. | 游戏机 |
[07:29] | That’s it! | 没错 |
[07:30] | Yeah, but, you guys, | 对 但是 |
[07:31] | we already rhymed weigh station with racism. | 我们已经用秤车机和种族歧视押韵了 |
[07:34] | They don’t rhyme. | 它们不押韵 |
[07:35] | Playstation and weigh station rhyme better. | 游戏机和秤车机听起来更顺 |
[07:37] | Yeah, and that way we can avoid the whole racism thing. | 对 这样我们就能避免谈种族歧视 |
[07:43] | – It’s such a downer. – I know. | -真没劲 -对啊 |
[07:45] | Isn’t it the point that we want to talk about racism? | 我们不就是想谈论种族歧视的吗 |
[07:48] | Yes. Poetry’s hard. | 是啊 诗歌实在太难了 |
[07:51] | Well, you know, poetry doesn’t have to rhyme. | 其实 诗歌不一定需要押韵的 |
[07:55] | What? | 什么 |
[07:57] | Yeah, poetry that doesn’t win prizes. | 赢不了大奖的诗不需要押韵 |
[08:00] | You got that right. | 说到重点了 |
[08:01] | I mean, read Walt Whitman. | 读读沃尔特·惠特曼的诗吧 |
[08:03] | He never rhymed. | 他就从来不押韵 |
[08:04] | Look, either rhyme something with Playstation or leave. | 你要么找出和游戏机押韵的 要么滚蛋 |
[08:08] | Claymation? | 粘土动画 |
[08:10] | Finally something we can use! | 终于找到能用的了 |
[08:12] | All right. Racism is as bad as claymation. | 好了 种族歧视和粘土动画一样差劲 |
[08:16] | That is a… | 这句真是… |
[08:19] | Maybe we don’t have to rhyme. | 要不我们别押韵了 |
[08:21] | – That’s a great idea. – Breakthrough. | -好主意 -大突破 |
[08:27] | Ok, class, here’s your exam. | 好了 同学们 试卷在这 |
[08:30] | Just pass it around. | 传阅一下 |
[08:31] | I only have one because my assistant Nina | 我只有一份 因为我的助理尼娜 |
[08:33] | refuses to make me copies. | 不肯给我复印 |
[08:36] | Did you do something rude | 你是不是冒犯她了 |
[08:38] | like accuse her of not being completely black? | 比如指责她不是百分百黑人 |
[08:41] | All I did was go to a white power rally, | 我不过去了一个白人至上主义集会 |
[08:43] | and now she won’t even talk to me. | 她就不理我了 |
[08:45] | You went to a white power rally? | 你去了一个白人至上主义集会 |
[08:47] | Well, I am white. | 我就是白人啊 |
[08:49] | That is such a white male rationalization. | 这就是典型白人男性的心安理得 |
[08:52] | Just deny the entire history of white oppression | 全盘否认了白人压迫的历史 |
[08:56] | and then have the nerve to say that you want equality. | 然后厚颜无耻地说 希望人人平等 |
[08:59] | Oh, yeah, right. White oppression. | 是啊 白人压迫 |
[09:01] | I’m sure history really backs that one up. | 我”确信”历史上有过这种事 |
[09:04] | Well, yeah. There’s, like, slavery. | 比如说奴隶制 |
[09:06] | Racial quotas. | 种族配额 |
[09:07] | – Japanese internment camps. – Glass ceilings. | -日裔集中营 -就业歧视 |
[09:09] | What are you talking about? I didn’t do any of those things. | 说什么呢 我可没干过这些事 |
[09:12] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[09:13] | Do you even have one black friend? | 你有黑人朋友吗 哪怕一个 |
[09:16] | Well, there’s, uh, Nina. | 我有 有…尼娜 |
[09:18] | She’s your assistant. | 她是你的助理 |
[09:19] | Well, there’s you, Caryn. | 还有你 凯伦 |
[09:21] | I’m your student. | 我是你的学生 |
[09:23] | Well, then, there’s…Al Roker. | 那 还有 阿尔·罗克 |
[09:27] | He’s on television! | 人家是节目主持人 |
[09:29] | You’re kidding, Roker’s on TV? | 不是吧 罗克上电视了 |
[09:31] | I got to give him a call! | 我要给他打电话 |
[09:40] | Ok, what? | 服了你了 什么事 |
[09:42] | My students are right. | 我的学生说得没错 |
[09:44] | I colonized every continent. | 我殖民了每个大陆 |
[09:46] | I enslaved an entire people, | 我奴役了全部人种 |
[09:49] | and even after I abolished slavery, | 就算我废除了奴隶制 |
[09:52] | I–I continued to marginalize minorities | 我仍通过经济手段 |
[09:54] | with economic disincentives. | 排斥少数民族 |
[09:56] | Don’t let this eat you up. | 别自寻烦恼了 |
[09:58] | Angel food cake is white. | 天使蛋糕总是白色的 |
[10:00] | Devil’s food cake black! | 恶魔蛋糕 却是黑色[巧克力] |
[10:03] | I know how you feel. | 我能体会 |
[10:05] | Who gets to make the first move in chess? | 下棋时谁先走 |
[10:07] | The white guys. | 白方 |
[10:09] | Dick, I’ve been through this white guilt thing, too. | 迪克 我也有过白人的内疚感 |
[10:11] | White guilt? | 白人的内疚感 |
[10:13] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[10:14] | As a matter of fact, one of my ancestors | 事实上 我的某个先辈 |
[10:17] | was a proponent of slavery. | 是奴隶制的支持者 |
[10:18] | Who? | 谁 |
[10:19] | Well, actually… | 事实上… |
[10:21] | my mom. | 是我妈 |
[10:24] | How do you live with yourself? | 你怎么承受得了 |
[10:27] | She’s not me, | 她又不是我 |
[10:28] | and I’ve learned by observing her behavior | 通过观察她的所作所为 |
[10:31] | that we have the power to do whatever we want. | 我发现 我们有能力做我们想做的事 |
[10:34] | We have the power to make changes in society. | 我们有能力改变社会 |
[10:38] | We do? | 是吗 |
[10:39] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[10:41] | So stop feeling guilty and do something. | 所以别内疚了 干点实事吧 |
[10:47] | After all, it’s not like you picked the color of your skin, | 毕竟 肤色不是你自己选的 |
[10:52] | right? | 不是吗 |
[11:00] | So, Mrs. Dubcek, | 那么 杜布切克太太 |
[11:01] | what do you think of the poem? | 你觉得这首诗怎么样 |
[11:04] | Well, the thing about this contest is | 问题是 这次比赛 |
[11:06] | everybody in it is under the age of 10. | 参赛者都是十岁以下的小朋友 |
[11:10] | They’re all kids? | 都是小屁孩 |
[11:12] | We are gonna kick ass. | 我们赢定了 |
[11:15] | – Yes! – Yeah! | -太棒了 -好耶 |
[11:16] | Uh, miss Dubcek, there’s a man downstairs | 杜布切克太太 楼下有个男的 |
[11:18] | pounding on your door. | 一直在捶你的门 |
[11:20] | Oh, he woke up. | 他醒了 |
[11:21] | Maybe I should let him out. | 也许该放他出去了 |
[11:26] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[11:28] | Does anyone remember why we all decided to be white? | 谁记得当初我们为什么决定做白人吗 |
[11:33] | Oh. Um, I went with white ’cause I thought | 我想做白人是因为我觉得 |
[11:35] | I’d be a little cooler in the summer. | 在夏天能凉快点 |
[11:38] | Well, don’t you remember, Dick? | 你不记得了吗 迪克 |
[11:40] | All the television signals that we picked up in outer space | 我们在外太空收到的所有电视信号 |
[11:42] | were filled with white people. | 都是白人 |
[11:44] | Oh, except for that, uh, that black nerd | 除了那个… 那个黑傻子 |
[11:46] | with the hiked-up pants | 背带裤拉得老高 |
[11:47] | and the oversized glasses. What was his name? | 戴超大框眼镜 叫什么来着 |
[11:49] | Bryant Gumbel. | 布赖恩特·冈贝尔[《今日秀》主持] |
[11:55] | Well, guess what? | 谁能料到 |
[11:56] | We’ve unwittingly aligned ourselves | 我们阴差阳错 |
[11:58] | with the most despicable force in western civilization. | 和西方文明中最卑劣的权势站在了一起 |
[12:01] | Bummer. | 见鬼 |
[12:03] | Yeah, but, Dick, we can’t do anything about that. | 但是 迪克 我们无能为力 |
[12:05] | We can’t change society. | 我们不能改变这个社会 |
[12:07] | And that’s where you’re wrong. Mary says we can, | 这你就错了 玛丽说我们可以 |
[12:09] | and you know what? I’m gonna do it. | 知道吗 我要付诸行动 |
[12:11] | Well, how? | 怎么弄 |
[12:12] | I’m gonna revitalize America’s urban education system. | 我要振兴美国的城市教育系统 |
[12:15] | I’m gonna create enterprise zones | 我要建立企业区 |
[12:18] | to draw in investors. | 吸引投资者 |
[12:19] | I’m gonna set up a $1 billion minority scholarship fund, | 我要设立一个十亿的少数民族奖学金 |
[12:23] | and I’d like us, as a family, | 我希望我们 作为一家人 |
[12:25] | to kick it with Sean “Puffy” Combs more often. | 要多和吹牛老爹亲近亲近 |
[12:29] | No, Dick, I meant it’s against the rules | 不 迪克 我是说改变社会 |
[12:33] | of our mission to change society. | 违反了这次任务的规定 |
[12:36] | Oh, damn, you’re right. | 靠 我忘了这茬 |
[12:38] | I guess I’ll just have to concentrate on Nina. | 看来只能拯救尼娜一个人了 |
[12:44] | Oh, Nina, good. I’m glad I caught you. | 尼娜 看到你就好了 |
[12:47] | Can I talk to you? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[12:49] | What is it, Dr. Solomon? | 什么事 所罗门教授 |
[12:51] | No, no. I’ll just be a minute. | 放心 只耽误一会 |
[12:52] | It has come to my attention, Nina, dear, | 我注意到 尼娜 亲爱的 |
[12:55] | that you have been placed in a servile role. | 你被赋予了一个奴性的角色 |
[12:58] | This job has put you on the fast track to nowhere, | 这份工作只会让你一事无成 |
[13:02] | but all that is about to change. | 但是一切即将改变 |
[13:04] | I have some wonderful news for you. | 我有好消息要告诉你 |
[13:08] | What? | 什么 |
[13:09] | Nina… | 尼娜 |
[13:10] | you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[13:12] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:13] | Fly! Fly like a bird! | 飞翔吧 像鸟儿一样自由的飞翔 |
[13:16] | Oh, you have finally lost it! | 我看你疯了吧 |
[13:18] | Harsh medicine, I know, but it’s what you need. | 良药苦口 但这正是你需要的 |
[13:20] | This job is what I need. | 我需要的是这份工作 |
[13:22] | This job pays for my health insurance, | 这份工作为我买医保 |
[13:23] | and I get to take free classes. | 还能让我免费上课 |
[13:25] | Nina, sweetheart, trust me. | 尼娜 亲爱的 相信我 |
[13:26] | I know what’s best for you. | 我知道怎么做对你最好 |
[13:28] | You don’t know what’s best for me. | 你才不知道 |
[13:29] | You don’t even know me. | 你根本不了解我 |
[13:30] | You think I’m some little helpless black girl | 你觉得我就是个无助的黑人小女生 |
[13:33] | who can’t make it in the world | 注定一事无成 |
[13:34] | without the help of some enlightened white guy | 除非有进步白人的帮助 |
[13:37] | showing her the way. | 给我指条明路 |
[13:38] | And you say I don’t know you. | 这样还不叫了解吗 |
[13:40] | Dr. Solomon, when I look at you, | 所罗门教授 当我看着你时 |
[13:45] | I don’t see color. | 我没有看到肤色 |
[13:47] | I see a jackass. | 我看到的只有王八蛋 |
[13:49] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[13:55] | “It takes me everywhere, to places that I like. | “它载我到各处好玩的地方 我喜欢的地方 |
[13:59] | And that is why, my friends, | 朋友们 这就是为什么 |
[14:02] | why I love my bike.” | 我爱我的自行车” |
[14:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:14] | Not good. Not a good poem. | 不怎么样 不是好诗 |
[14:16] | Nope. Apparently she didn’t want to change the world. | 对 她显然不愿意改变世界 |
[14:20] | Yeah. She’s just coasting on her looks. | 对 仗着自己漂亮就忘乎所以了 |
[14:24] | Hey, uh, Mrs. Goltra, are we up next? | 高尔彻太太 接下来是我们了吗 |
[14:27] | Don’t you think you’re just a little too old | 你们参加这个诗歌比赛 |
[14:29] | for this poetry contest? | 年纪老了点吧 |
[14:31] | Old? Maybe your ideas are too old. | 老 也许是你思想太老旧了 |
[14:35] | Maybe you’re just afraid of what we might say. | 也许你只是没胆听我们的作品 |
[14:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:40] | Maybe ageism has gotten the better of you, Mrs. Goltra. | 看来你是被老年歧视冲昏了头脑 高尔彻太太 |
[14:44] | We’re not leaving. | 我们不会走的 |
[14:54] | Fine. Fine. Just read your poem | 好吧 好吧 那就读你们的诗吧 |
[14:56] | and don’t break anything else. | 别再弄坏这儿的东西了 |
[14:58] | – Oh, my god. – Ok. Shh. | -天啊 -嘘 |
[15:07] | If we could change the world. | 如果我们能改变世界 |
[15:14] | Racism. | 种族歧视 |
[15:16] | It’s here. | 在这里上演 |
[15:18] | Racism. Stop racism. | 种族歧视 停止种族歧视 |
[15:21] | Stop racism. Stop. | 停止种族歧视 停止 |
[15:23] | Racism. | 种族歧视 |
[15:24] | – Stop! – What? | -停 -什么 |
[15:26] | Well, you’re standing on my foot. | 你踩到我脚了 |
[15:27] | – I’m sorry! – Shut up! Shut up! | -对不起 -闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[15:31] | Never again should a Cherokee man | 切罗基人[印第安人] |
[15:34] | board a commercial jetliner | 登上商务飞机的时候 |
[15:37] | and be afraid that the cowboy pilot | 再也不用担心牛仔飞行员 |
[15:40] | will take him and the rest of the passengers out. | 将他和其余乘客赶走了 |
[15:44] | Racism. | 种族歧视 |
[15:47] | We dream of a world | 我们希望这个世界的 |
[15:49] | where every photo is in color, | 所有照片都是彩色的 |
[15:51] | and black and white photography | 黑白摄影 |
[15:53] | is a hilarious joke, | 不过是滑稽的玩笑 |
[15:55] | akin to someone saying, | 就像有人说过 |
[15:57] | “Hey, your horse and buggy is here.” | “嘿 你们的马车在这儿” |
[16:03] | Weigh station. | 秤车机 |
[16:14] | In this world, | 在这个世界 |
[16:15] | America will do the laundry of the Chinese. | 美国人会帮中国人洗衣 |
[16:18] | and we will mix the whites and colors. | 白人会与各个民族交互相融 |
[16:22] | One load, one world! | 天下一家 世界大同 |
[16:34] | Can’t sleep at night | 夜晚不能入睡 |
[16:36] | Can’t sleep at night | 夜晚不能入睡 |
[16:37] | And you wonder why | 你们好奇原因 |
[16:40] | Maybe God is trying to tell you something | 也许上帝试图告诉我们一些事情 |
[16:45] | Cry all night long | 整夜的哭泣 |
[16:47] | Cry all night long | 整夜的哭泣 |
[16:49] | Something’s gone wrong | 有些事不该这样 |
[16:50] | Something has gone wrong | 不该这样 |
[16:52] | Maybe God is trying to tell you something. | 也许上帝试图告诉我们一些事情 |
[17:01] | Let the church say Amen. | 让我们同呼 阿门 |
[17:03] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[17:04] | Amen! | 阿门 |
[17:07] | If I could have your sweet attention, | 请你们轻轻地看向 |
[17:10] | here at the piano. | 钢琴这边 |
[17:13] | Dr. Solomon, what are you doing here? | 所罗门教授 你来这里做什么 |
[17:17] | There’s something that needs to be said here, Nina. | 我有些话得在这里说 尼娜 |
[17:23] | Sometimes a man, | 有时候 |
[17:25] | he thinks he knows everything. | 他自以为无所不知 |
[17:29] | But that man, he knows nothing. | 其实 他什么都不知道 |
[17:33] | He’s so lost. | 他忘乎所以 |
[17:36] | Never looks at life | 他一直都活在 |
[17:38] | from any angle but his own. | 自我的世界里 |
[17:43] | But then one day, he sees the light. | 突然有一天 他看见了光 |
[17:47] | He reads the books. | 他阅读了书籍 |
[17:49] | Learns black culture like a pro. | 真正地彻底了解了黑人的文化 |
[17:53] | Difference between Malcolm X and Mr. T? | 想知道马尔科姆·X和T先生的区别 |
[17:56] | You just ask him. | 尽管问他 |
[17:59] | But I pity the fool. | 但我同情这个笨蛋 |
[18:01] | This fool, he thinks he knows everything. | 这个笨蛋 他自以为知晓一切 |
[18:05] | But still, still, he knows nothing. | 但依旧 依旧一无所知 |
[18:08] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[18:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:12] | He picked the white body. | 他选择了白人的身体 |
[18:15] | Fool chose the white body. | 笨蛋选择了做白人 |
[18:20] | He didn’t know he had a whole rainbow to pick from. | 他不知道有彩虹七色可以选择 |
[18:24] | Nobody told him. | 没人告诉他 |
[18:26] | Nobody told him | 没人告诉他 |
[18:28] | But I, Dick Solomon, I need you to tell me, | 但我 迪克·所罗门 需要你们告诉我 |
[18:31] | tell me that I can be a good man. | 告诉我 我可以做个好人 |
[18:34] | Tell me I can be good… | 告诉我 我能做个好人 |
[18:37] | in spite of my color. | 不管肤色如何 |
[18:41] | Dick Solomon, you can be good | 迪克·所罗门 你能做个好人 |
[18:44] | Dick Solomon, you can be good | 迪克·所罗门 你能做个好人 |
[18:47] | Nina Campbell… | 尼娜·坎贝尔 |
[18:49] | What do you want?! | 你想干嘛 |
[18:51] | Tell me I can be good. | 说我能做个好人 |
[18:54] | Tell me, Nina! Tell me I can be good. | 告诉我 尼娜 说我会是个好人 |
[18:57] | I suppose. | 也许吧 |
[18:59] | Nina, tell me. | 尼娜 告诉我 |
[19:00] | Tell me you’re my friend. | 说你是我的朋友 |
[19:02] | I’m your friend. | 我是你的朋友 |
[19:07] | Yeah, we’re all friends here. | 我们都是朋友 |
[19:09] | Tell me you love me. | 说你爱我 |
[19:11] | Dick Solomon, you can be good. | 迪克·所罗门 你能做个好人 |
[19:13] | Come on, tell me. | 来吧 告诉我 |
[19:14] | Dick Solomon, you can be good. | 迪克·所罗门 你能做个好人 |
[19:16] | Tell me I’m your savior! | 说我是你们的救世主 |
[19:23] | Good night, reverend. | 晚安 牧师 |
[19:25] | Ok, that was just a little too much. | 好吧 这个要求有点点过分 |
[19:28] | Nina! Nina! | 尼娜 尼娜 |
[19:34] | So how’d you guys do on the poetry contest? | 你们在诗歌比赛上表现如何 |
[19:36] | Eh, pretty good. | 挺不错的 |
[19:37] | It was a little touch-and-go there for a while. | 有一阵也挺悬乎的 |
[19:40] | We had to wrestle the trophy away | 奖杯是从金发小女孩手里抢过来的 |
[19:42] | from that little blonde “Winner.” | 因为她是”冠军” |
[19:46] | You know something? | 你们知道吗 |
[19:47] | As long as we’ve been here, we’ve believed that, | 来到这儿 我们就一直深信 |
[19:50] | as aliens, we were superior. | 作为外星人 我们在人类之上 |
[19:53] | But what I realized is… nobody’s superior. | 但现在我意识到 没有谁高人一等 |
[19:56] | We’re all just different, that’s all. | 我们只是 各不相同罢了 |
[19:59] | Yeah, Dick, | 算了吧 迪克 |
[20:00] | like we’re no better than humans? | 我们比人类强好吧 |
[20:02] | Yeah! | 对啊 |
[20:03] | Hey, you guys, look at this. I’m human. | 看我看我 我是人类 |
[20:05] | Can I get cheese on that? | 能给我涂点奶酪吗 |
[20:12] | I was so blind, | 我是如此无知 |
[20:18] | I was so lost, | 我是如此迷茫 |
[20:25] | until you spoke to me. | 直到你跟我说 |
[20:32] | 1, 2, 3, 4– | 一 二 三 四 |
[20:33] | Can’t sleep at night | 夜晚不能入睡 |
[20:36] | And you wonder why | 你们好奇原因 |
[20:38] | Maybe God is trying to tell you something | 也许上帝试图告诉我们一些事情 |
[20:44] | Cry all night long | 整夜的哭泣 |
[20:47] | Something has gone wrong | 有些事不该这样 |
[20:50] | Maybe God is trying to tell you something | 也许上帝试图告诉我们一些事情 |
[20:54] | One more time! | 再一次 |
[20:56] | Can’t sleep at night | 夜晚不能入睡 |
[20:59] | And you wonder why | 你们好奇原因 |
[21:01] | Maybe God is trying to tell you something | 也许上帝试图告诉我们一些事情 |