时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | And I’ll have 2. | 我要两张 |
[00:06] | Your bet, Dick. | 该你下注了 迪克 |
[00:10] | Oh, my word. I’ve never seen so many kings. | 天哪 我还从没见过这么多老K呢 |
[00:15] | Well, so, uh… | 那么 |
[00:16] | How many of these am I gonna bet? | 我该下多少呢 |
[00:18] | Why not all of them? | 那就全押上吧 |
[00:20] | You think he’s bluffing? | 你觉得他只是虚张声势吗 |
[00:22] | Well, yeah. | 肯定啊 |
[00:23] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[00:24] | I’ve got hot cards. | 我的牌好得很 |
[00:26] | You should all fold because… | 你们都该丢牌了 因为 |
[00:27] | you’re never gonna beat my superior hand. | 你们手上的牌肯定大不过我的 |
[00:30] | I–I tell you, I’ve got kings. | 告诉你们 我手上有老K |
[00:33] | – I’m in. – Yeah, me too. | -我跟 -我也是 |
[00:34] | Oh, damn! I fold. | 见鬼的 我丢牌 |
[00:36] | All right. Tommy, whatcha got? | 好了 汤米 你手上牌咋样 |
[00:39] | 2 pair. | 我有两对 |
[00:40] | Sorry, won’t beat 3 jacks. | 抱歉了 你还是大不过我的三个J |
[00:42] | Oh! Read ’em and weep. | 等等 准备纸巾哭吧 |
[00:44] | 7, 3, 2, Jack… | 七点 三点 二点 J |
[00:49] | 5. | 五点 |
[00:51] | – I win. – All right, | -我赢了 -好吧 |
[00:53] | one more hand, then I gotta go. | 再玩一把 我就要走了 |
[00:54] | Where you goin’? | 你要去哪儿 |
[00:55] | Oh, you know how Alissa manages | 你知道艾丽莎在商场里 |
[00:56] | that pretzel place at the mall? | 管椒盐卷饼那一片区吧 |
[00:58] | She got me a job there. | 她在那儿给我找了份工作 |
[00:59] | You’re getting paid to hang out with your girlfriend? | 你一边跟女朋友约会 一边还能拿钱 |
[01:01] | What a country. | 这国家真美好 |
[01:09] | What a terrible hand. | 手气真背 |
[01:11] | What a sad assortment of mismatched squat. | 这堆牌真是个乱七八糟啊 |
[01:16] | – I’m out. – Yeah. | -我不跟了 -对 |
[01:17] | – Me, too. – Oh, damn! | -我也是 -他妈的 |
[01:57] | Good morning, Mary. Judith. Strudwick. | 早上好 玛丽 朱蒂丝 斯塔威克 |
[02:01] | Dick… | 迪克 |
[02:02] | did you see this memo from the new chancellor? | 你看了新校长发的这张备忘录吗 |
[02:05] | He’s–he’s cut everything. | 他把什么都裁了 |
[02:08] | Tenure, gone. | 终身职位 没了 |
[02:09] | Women’s field hockey, gone. | 女士曲棍球 没了 |
[02:12] | Look at this, my research budget. | 看这个 我的研究预算 |
[02:14] | He’s cut it to nothing. All my work. | 他几乎给裁没了 这是我所有的工作啊 |
[02:16] | Oh, Mary, this is awful. | 玛丽 这太糟糕了 |
[02:17] | Why would he do this to you? | 他干嘛要这么对你 |
[02:18] | I mean, I could understand Judith or Strudwick, | 他这样对朱蒂丝和斯塔威克不稀奇 |
[02:21] | but– but you. | 但是你 |
[02:22] | Well, this new chancellor is a horrible man. | 这个新校长真是个大烂人 |
[02:25] | He’s an idiot. | 他是个白痴 |
[02:26] | A real pig. | 是只猪 |
[02:27] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[02:28] | Chancellor Duncan. | 邓肯校长 |
[02:30] | Welcome. Welcome. | 欢迎 欢迎 |
[02:31] | That’s a great suit. | 这西装真棒 |
[02:32] | You officious ogre! | 你个多管闲事的怪胎 |
[02:35] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[02:37] | Did you all get a chance to look at my little memo? | 大家都看了我的备忘录了吗 |
[02:40] | Yes, I’m afraid we have, | 是的 恐怕我们都看了 |
[02:42] | and quite frankly– | 坦白说 |
[02:44] | – Innovative. – I was gonna say groundbreaking. | -很有革新精神 -我觉得是打破常规 |
[02:47] | – Yeah. – Good, good, and thank you all | -正是 -那就好 那就好 感谢大家 |
[02:49] | for giving the new chancellor a chance. | 给了我这个新上任校长 一个机会 |
[02:56] | You know, I didn’t notice it at first, | 知道吗 我刚开始还没发现 |
[02:58] | but he’s a delightful man. | 他人挺不错啊 |
[02:59] | – He’s a nightmare. – A monster. | -他是个噩梦 -是恶魔 |
[03:01] | Oh, I get it. | 我懂了 |
[03:05] | Did I leave my briefcase? | 我公文包是不是落这儿了 |
[03:07] | Oh, there it is, right there. | 在那儿 就在那里 |
[03:08] | – That’s a gorgeous briefcase. – Very nice. | -这公文包真不错 -真帅气 |
[03:10] | Take that hideous satchel and begone. | 拿着这丑陋的包滚蛋吧 |
[03:16] | Oh, you must be Solomon. | 你一定是所罗门教授 |
[03:18] | The name is on the door. | 门上写着名字 |
[03:20] | Read it on your way out! | 滚的时候顺便看吧 |
[03:28] | I just don’t understand why we have to make the pretzels. | 我就是不明白 为啥我们得做这些卷饼 |
[03:31] | It says they’re homemade. | 这些不是”手工自制”吗 |
[03:33] | Yeah, they’re homemade right here. | 是的 是在这里我们自制的 |
[03:35] | Does Mrs. Fetzel know about this? | 椒饼太太知道这事吗 |
[03:38] | Tommy, there is no Mrs. Fetzel. | 汤米 没有什么椒饼太太 |
[03:40] | She was invented by a bunch of marketing guys. | 她是一群管市场营销的家伙捏造出来的 |
[03:42] | A small part of me has just died. | 我这颗童真的心破碎了一瓣 |
[03:44] | Pay attention. Ok. | 集中注意力 好了 |
[03:45] | 3 shakes of salt is the right amount. Got that? | 盐罐摇三下就可以了 懂了吗 |
[03:48] | Mm-hmm. Maybe if we just go over it again | 懂了 我们再重复一次 |
[03:50] | for another hour, or something. | 做个一小时什么的 |
[03:56] | Hey, buddy. Do I come to your job | 老兄 我有在你工作的时候 |
[03:58] | and stare at you and your girlfriend? | 跑去盯着你和你女朋友看吗 |
[04:00] | I’d like to, uh, buy a pretzel. | 我想 买个椒盐卷饼 |
[04:02] | I’m so sorry, sir. Um, please accept this | 真抱歉 先生 请您接受这份 |
[04:06] | courtesy of Mrs. Fetzel’s homemade pretzels. | 来自椒饼太太自制椒盐卷饼的歉意吧 |
[04:09] | You just gave that perv a free pretzel. | 你刚免费给那个变态一份卷饼 |
[04:13] | We’re allowed to sometimes. | 有时候可以这么做 |
[04:15] | It’s called customer relations. | 这叫维系顾客感情 |
[04:16] | Does Mrs. Fetzel know about this? | 椒饼太太知道这回事吗 |
[04:18] | Tommy, let her go. She’s gone. | 汤米 忘了这茬吧 没这人了 |
[04:24] | And look at this. | 看看这个 |
[04:25] | The chancellor has even cut off the free long distance. | 那个校长居然裁掉了免费长途电话 |
[04:28] | So much for my international ideas exchange. | 我的国际思想交流没法继续了 |
[04:32] | That’s just you dialing random numbers | 你只是随便拨个号 |
[04:35] | and talking to whoever answers. | 然后跟人家瞎聊而已 |
[04:37] | Yes. Just yesterday, I had a brief | 是的 就在昨天我还跟一位荷兰女士 |
[04:40] | but fruitful conversation with a dutch lady | 就当时的荷兰是午夜时分这个话题 |
[04:42] | about it being the middle of the night over there. | 进行了简短而收获颇丰的对话 |
[04:45] | And it’s worse for Mary. | 对玛丽来说更糟糕 |
[04:47] | Her research means everything to her and… | 她的研究是她的一切 |
[04:50] | and to nobody else. | 对别人却一文不值 |
[04:53] | If only there was some way I could help her. | 真希望我有什么法子能帮到她 |
[04:55] | Oh, but faculty is labor, | 但教职工是劳动群体 |
[04:58] | and labor is powerless. | 劳动群体没有实权啊 |
[05:00] | You know, that actually doesn’t seem fair. | 你知道吗 这感觉很不公平 |
[05:02] | I mean, labor does all the work. | 劳动群体做所有的工作 |
[05:04] | Yeah. If the workers didn’t show, they’d have nothin’. | 对 一旦工人不工作了 老板就啥也没有 |
[05:10] | Harry, what you’ve just said, | 哈里 你刚说的 |
[05:12] | it’s given me a brilliant idea. | 让我有了个绝妙的想法 |
[05:13] | This is crazy, but bear with me. | 这个点子很疯狂 听我慢慢说 |
[05:16] | What if the workers didn’t show up for work one day? | 假如所有员工某一天都不上班了会怎样 |
[05:20] | Yes. Maybe on a Sunday. | 是啊 就在周日 |
[05:25] | No, not on a Sunday. On a regular workday. | 不 不是周日 是工作日的时候 |
[05:28] | What if these workers | 假如所有员工 |
[05:31] | said they wouldn’t come back until their– | 都声称拒绝上班直到 |
[05:32] | let’s call them “demands”– were met. | 他们的”要求”都能得到满足呢 |
[05:36] | You’d have them over a barrel. | 老板任你摆布 |
[05:38] | The bosses would cave. | 老板肯定会屈服 |
[05:40] | Yes! Oh, my god, if I could orchestrate that, | 说的对 天哪 如果我能把这事安排起来 |
[05:42] | I’d be a hero to the faculty, to Mary, | 全体教职工和玛丽都会视我为英雄 |
[05:45] | even to you. | 甚至对你们来说也是 |
[05:46] | No, actually, Dick, you wouldn’t. | 不 事实上 迪克 我不会这么认为的 |
[05:48] | Yeah. I mean, we wouldn’t really care. | 对 我意思是 我们压根不关心 |
[05:50] | Oh. That’s because I’m already your hero. | 这是因为我已经是你们的英雄了 |
[05:54] | That’s an order! | 这是命令 |
[06:06] | Ok. Is everybody here? | 好了 都到齐了吗 |
[06:09] | It’s time to take action against the new chancellor. | 是时候采取行动反抗新校长了 |
[06:13] | Absolutely. | 正是 |
[06:14] | I’m considering a letter of protest to the Daily Badgerian. | 我在考虑向《每日獾报》写封抗议信 |
[06:17] | I might even use the word… | 也许我会用上 |
[06:19] | obstreperous. | “恣意妄为”这个词 |
[06:22] | I’ll help you, Mary. | 我会帮忙的 玛丽 |
[06:23] | I just downloaded some angry-looking fonts. | 我刚下载了些很有气势的字体 |
[06:26] | Great. | 太好了 |
[06:27] | It’s too late for fonts. What we need is action. | 字体什么的太迟了 我们现在需要行动 |
[06:30] | We can’t be afraid. | 我们不能害怕 |
[06:32] | Suter? You’re afraid you’ll lose your new office. | 苏特 你害怕会失去你的新办公室 |
[06:34] | Strudwick, you’re afraid you’ll lose your precious perks. | 斯塔威克 你害怕会失去你的宝贵津贴 |
[06:38] | Judith, you’re afraid you’ll die | 朱蒂丝 你害怕你死的时候 |
[06:40] | a lonely spinster surrounded by cats. | 依然是老处女只有猫群作伴 |
[06:43] | We’re being cautious. | 我们只是很谨慎 |
[06:45] | You’re being sheep, | 你们像羊一样软弱可欺 |
[06:46] | but at least the noble sheep | 但起码高尚的羊还可以 |
[06:47] | gives us warm sweaters. | 给我们奉献温暖的毛衣 |
[06:49] | All your hides would provide are coward pants. | 你们的畏缩只能提供懦夫裤衩 |
[06:53] | And you have a better idea? | 你有更好的主意吗 |
[06:55] | We hit the chancellor where he lives. | 我们去他家门口堵他 |
[06:57] | We threaten to resign en masse | 威胁他如果不满足我们的要求 |
[06:59] | if we don’t get what we want. | 我们就全体辞职 |
[07:01] | You mean a strike? | 你的意思是搞罢工 |
[07:02] | What? No. No, I’m calling it | 什么 不 不 我称之为 |
[07:04] | “The mighty professor tornado of the 21st century.” | “二十一世纪伟大教授抗议思潮” |
[07:07] | A strike. | 罢工 |
[07:08] | Fine. We’ll call it a strike. | 行 我们就管它叫罢工吧 |
[07:12] | Tommy, these pretzels aren’t even twisted. | 汤米 这些卷饼还没卷呢 |
[07:15] | Oh, yeah. That’s my new innovation, | 是的 我创新了一下 |
[07:16] | pretzel wads. | 这叫卷饼团 |
[07:19] | Ok, but people want shapes. | 好吧 但是顾客想要有形状的 |
[07:21] | Since when is wad not a shape? | 团状怎么就不是一种形状了 |
[07:25] | Hey, Tommy. Cool threads. | 汤米 造型挺酷啊 |
[07:28] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们俩到这儿干嘛来了 |
[07:29] | Oh, we were down there at the crazy kiln. | 我们刚在那边的疯狂陶吧 |
[07:31] | Yeah. You get to decorate your own ceramics | 是的 你可以自己装饰陶器 |
[07:34] | and cut out the expensive middleman. | 还甩掉了谋取暴利的中间商 |
[07:36] | Only 90 bucks. | 才九十块 |
[07:39] | I had an ashtray. | 我捏了个烟灰缸 |
[07:40] | Dropped it on the escalator. | 但是摔自动扶梯上了 |
[07:42] | – It was this color. – Cool. | -是这个颜色的 -酷 |
[07:44] | Hey, you guys want some pretzels? | 要来点儿卷饼吗 |
[07:46] | Compliments of Mrs. Fetzel’s. | 来自椒饼太太的敬意哦 |
[07:48] | Oh, thanks, Tommy. | 谢谢啦 汤米 |
[07:50] | Did you just give them free pretzels? | 你刚白给他们卷饼了吗 |
[07:52] | Yeah. Customer relations. | 是啊 维系客户关系嘛 |
[07:54] | You can’t do that anytime you want. They have to pay. | 你可不能想给就给 他们得付钱的 |
[07:57] | What a wench. | 真是个小贱人 |
[08:01] | This list of demands is quite extensive, | 这单子上的要求很多啊 |
[08:04] | Dr. Solomon. | 所罗门教授 |
[08:05] | Well, you have us up in arms, chancellor. | 我们大伙可是蓄势待发的 校长 |
[08:07] | Casual Friday should be moved to Wednesday? | 周五便装日应该挪到周三 |
[08:11] | Everyone wanted that one. | 这是众人心之所向 |
[08:13] | You can buckle under anytime now. | 你想什么时候屈服都行 |
[08:16] | You people are serious about this. | 你们动真格的吗 |
[08:18] | Oh, we’re deadly serious. | 那是 我们很认真的 |
[08:20] | They didn’t choose me as their leader | 他们可不是因为我软弱可欺 |
[08:22] | because I’m weak. | 才选我当代表的 |
[08:25] | What you have before you are the resignations of 58 of the | 摆在你面前的是拉瑟福专科大学 |
[08:28] | finest professors this side of Rutherford Junior College. | 五十八名最优秀教授的集体辞职信 |
[08:32] | Wow. So, you’re really willing to risk your jobs? | 这么说 你们真打算拿工作当筹码了 |
[08:39] | Yes. | 没错 |
[08:45] | I think you’re bluffing. | 我觉得你只是虚张声势而已 |
[08:47] | If I were bluffing, believe me, you’d know it. | 如果我是虚张声势 相信我 你能看出来的 |
[08:52] | I’m not bluffing. Now back to our demands– | 我才没虚张声势呢 现在继续谈我们的要求 |
[08:57] | Uh, wait a second. What are you doing? | 等等 你这是干嘛 |
[08:58] | Taking the letters. | 收下这些辞职信啊 |
[09:00] | You’re really gonna do that? | 你真要这么做吗 |
[09:01] | Well, you resigned. | 对呀 你们递交了辞呈 |
[09:04] | W-w-well, sure. Of course we did. | 那…那当然 |
[09:07] | Well, then, it’s settled. | 好吧 那就这么定了 |
[09:08] | I just hope you can all afford your own health insurance. | 希望你们都能付得起自己的健康保险 |
[09:12] | We’d lose our health insurance? | 我们没健康保险了吗 |
[09:14] | Well, thank goodness we at least get our paychecks | 好吧 还好我们至少还能拿工资 |
[09:17] | to see us through this lean period. | 度过这段艰难期 |
[09:20] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[09:22] | Very well. You’ve dug your own grave. | 行 你这是自掘坟墓 |
[09:25] | I’ll be leaving now. | 我这就走 |
[09:37] | Y-y-you know something? Now that I–I think of it, | 知道吗 我仔细琢磨了下 |
[09:41] | uh, mine may have a typo. I’m just going to, uh… | 我好像打错字了 我现在就去… |
[09:48] | He actually accepted our letters of resignation? | 他真的接受了我们的辞职信 |
[09:52] | Sorry. I did everything I could. | 抱歉 我已经尽力了 |
[09:53] | You were right. The man is a monster. | 你说的对 这人是个恶魔 |
[09:56] | As long as we’re united, there’s still hope. | 只要我们团结一心 还是有希望的 |
[09:59] | Oh, of course there’s hope, Mary. | 当然有希望了 玛丽 |
[10:00] | And just know that if you need a shoulder to lean on, | 记住 无论何时你需要一个依靠的肩膀 |
[10:04] | I’ll be there. | 我一直都在 |
[10:07] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a class to teach. | 各位失陪了 我还得去上课 |
[10:10] | It’s just not a good time for me to resign right now, | 我只是现在不适合辞职而已 |
[10:14] | what with my birthday coming up and all. | 因为我快过生日了什么的 |
[10:17] | I support your cause 100%. Bye-Bye. | 我百分百支持你们哟 拜拜 |
[10:23] | So where “B” is the coefficient of “Z,” | 如果B是Z的系数 |
[10:26] | then “X” Would equal what? | 那么X等于多少 |
[10:29] | – It’s all your fault, Solomon! – Well? Well? | -都是你的错 所罗门 -有人知道吗 |
[10:31] | – You can’t possibly– – I’m sorry, Mr. Pitman. | -不可能… -抱歉 皮特曼先生 |
[10:33] | You’re going to have– let me just– | 你得… 先让我… |
[10:37] | Dr. Solomon, it’s a little hard to concentrate | 所罗门教授 外面有人瞎嚷嚷 |
[10:39] | with all the shouting outside. | 我们很难集中注意力的 |
[10:41] | That shouting, young Pitman, | 那叫嚷声 年轻的皮特曼 |
[10:42] | is the sound of a grass-roots movement taking hold, | 是风起云涌的基层运动之声 |
[10:46] | and I am the sweet manure that makes it flourish. | 而我正是其始作俑者 |
[10:50] | Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
[10:51] | it sounds like the other professors kinda– | 听起来好像其他的教授都似乎… |
[10:54] | They hate you. | 很恨你 |
[10:56] | Don’t be silly, Caryn. | 别傻了 凯伦 |
[10:57] | They wouldn’t even be out there if it weren’t for me. | 如果不是我的话 他们根本就不会在那儿 |
[11:00] | Listen. They’re chanting my name. | 听 他们在歌颂我的名字呢 |
[11:02] | I guess that makes me | 这大概让我成了 |
[11:04] | a kind of a working-class hero. | 工人阶层的英雄吧 |
[11:07] | Who agrees? | 谁同意 |
[11:09] | Thank you, Bug. | 谢谢你 小虫 |
[11:10] | Actually, I was wondering if we’re going the full hour. | 其实我是在想 如果我们要上完一小时 |
[11:13] | All the other classes are cancelled, | 但是其它课程全都取消了 |
[11:14] | and I’d like to, uh, you know, do nothing. | 所以我想 你懂的 啥都不干 |
[11:18] | Bug, if the students choose to show their solidarity | 小虫 如果同学们以中途旷课的方式 |
[11:22] | with our cause by staging a walkout, | 来表达团结一心 |
[11:24] | I, for one, would never stand in their way. | 我是绝不会阻拦的 |
[11:37] | – Um, Tommy? – Mm-Hmm? | -汤米 -干嘛 |
[11:38] | I didn’t want to say anyting yesterday, | 昨天我不想说什么 |
[11:41] | but this is your second hat infraction. | 但这是你第二次违纪不戴帽子了 |
[11:48] | Actually, you did say something yesterday. | 事实上 你昨天确实说了点儿什么 |
[11:50] | Somebody is not wearing their | 某人就连”卷饼也是甜品” |
[11:52] | “Pretzels are dessert, too” Button. | 的胸牌也没有戴哦 |
[11:59] | Tommy, why so glum? You want a pretzel? | 汤米 怎么闷闷不乐的 要来个卷饼吗 |
[12:02] | No. I hate this job. | 不要 我讨厌这份工作 |
[12:05] | Can’t stand working for her. | 我受不了在她手下打工 |
[12:07] | Mmm. Well, whatcha gonna do? | 那你打算咋办呢 |
[12:09] | Hey, Tommy? Pretzels do not salt themselves. | 汤米 卷饼可不会自己上盐哦 |
[12:13] | Oh, man. You are whipped. | 妈呀 你小子标准妻管炎啊 |
[12:18] | That’s it. I’m tired of being a model employee. | 够了 我不想再当什么模范员工了 |
[12:20] | You guys want some pretzels? Take a bag. | 你们要吃卷饼吗 拿一袋走吧 |
[12:23] | Here. Take 6 bags. | 这里 这六袋都拿走 |
[12:25] | Thanks, Tommy. | 谢谢了 汤米 |
[12:26] | There’s more where that came from. | 烤箱里还有更多呢 |
[12:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:29] | Wow, these are way more than we can eat. | 这么多咱们肯定吃不完 |
[12:31] | What are we gonna do with ’em? | 怎么办呢 |
[12:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:33] | We could eat them. | 我们可以都吃掉 |
[12:37] | No. But… we could sell them. | 不 但是 咱们可以拿来卖 |
[12:43] | Brilliant! | 太棒了 |
[12:44] | Now all we have to do is find a good place for our store. | 现在 我们只要找个好点儿的摊位就行 |
[12:47] | Location, location, location. | 地点 地点 还是地点 |
[12:49] | – How about here? – That’s good. | -这里怎么样 -挺好 |
[12:50] | All right. | 就这儿了 |
[12:55] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[12:56] | Why, it’s our movie night, Mary. | 今晚是我们的电影之夜呀 玛丽 |
[12:58] | Why aren’t you dressed? | 你怎么还没换好衣服 |
[12:59] | Oh, I know. You want to stay home | 我知道了 你想待在家里 |
[13:01] | and watch one of those scrambled ones. | 看那些加密频道的电影 |
[13:05] | I’m not going anywhere with you. | 我哪儿都不会跟你去 |
[13:07] | I’m surprised you had the nerve to show up here. | 我很惊讶你居然还有胆子出现在这儿 |
[13:10] | Why are you so cranky? | 你干嘛发这么大火 |
[13:11] | You’ve had the whole day off. | 你一整天都不用上班 |
[13:14] | I wouldn’t be caught dead going out with a scab. | 我才不要被人逮到跟叛徒约会 |
[13:18] | Well, can’t you just put a band-aid over it? | 你可以贴个创可贴嘛 |
[13:21] | Dick, don’t you get it? | 迪克 你还不明白吗 |
[13:23] | Well, of course I get it. | 我当然明白 |
[13:24] | No, I don’t get it. | 好吧 我确实不明白 |
[13:27] | You left the faculty twisting in the wind. | 你让教职工群体孤军奋战 |
[13:29] | You betrayed us, Dick, | 你背叛了我们 迪克 |
[13:31] | but worst of all, you betrayed me. | 最糟的是 你背叛了我 |
[13:33] | I–I didn’t mean to. I–I was trying to help you. | 我不是故意的 我只是想帮你 |
[13:36] | Well, nice try. | 真有你的 |
[13:38] | Mary, can’t we just leave this whole | 玛丽 我们就不能把罢工这档子事 |
[13:40] | strike business at the office? | 留在办公室里谈吗 |
[13:43] | I don’t have an office anymore. | 我已经没有办公室了 |
[13:48] | Oh. Right. | 也对 |
[14:01] | Oh, that’s not gonna help. | 这样也没啥用 |
[14:08] | Hey, Dick. What are you doin’ up? | 迪克 你怎么还没睡 |
[14:09] | Oh, I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[14:11] | I went into this whole strike thing | 我掺和这场罢工 |
[14:13] | to protect Mary, | 是为了保护玛丽 |
[14:15] | and instead, I’ve ruined everything. | 我却反而毁了一切 |
[14:18] | Why couldn’t I have had the courage of my convictions? | 为什么我就没有勇气坚持自己的信念呢 |
[14:21] | I know. You have your convictions, | 我明白 你坚持己见 |
[14:23] | you’d think you’d get at least half-credit. | 自以为起码赢得一半好感了 |
[14:26] | Not on this crazy planet. | 在这破星球上是不可能了 |
[14:28] | I know. Tell me about it. | 我知道 说的没错 |
[14:30] | I thought that–that working with Alissa | 我本以为 和艾丽莎一起工作 |
[14:32] | would mean I’d get a chance | 我就有机会 |
[14:33] | to make out with her in the dough room. | 能跟她在面团间里亲热 |
[14:35] | Well, until Mary and I are working together again, | 只有我跟玛丽能再次一起工作 |
[14:38] | things are never gonna be right. | 事情才会有转机 |
[14:40] | Well, I can’t work with Alissa anymore. | 我没法跟艾丽莎一起工作了 |
[14:41] | You know what we should do? | 你知道我们该怎么做吗 |
[14:43] | We should switch girlfriends. | 我们应该交换女朋友 |
[14:47] | Yes. | 没错 |
[14:49] | But what’s plan “B”? | 但是有没有替补方案 |
[14:52] | I’m gonna march right into chancellor Duncan’s office | 我要挺进邓肯校长的办公室 |
[14:55] | and do what I should have done in the first place. | 做我一开始就该做的事 |
[14:57] | I’m gonna resign. | 我要辞职 |
[14:58] | Yeah, yeah, and I’ll march right up to Alissa | 对对 我要走到艾丽莎的面前 |
[15:00] | and turn in my pretzel hat. | 交还我的工作帽 |
[15:02] | What’s Mrs. Fetzel going to say? | 椒饼太太会怎么说 |
[15:05] | Oh, Dick. I think you better sit down. | 迪克 你还是坐下来吧 |
[15:15] | Dick. What brings you here? | 迪克 什么风把你给吹来了 |
[15:17] | Chancellor Duncan, | 邓肯校长 |
[15:19] | after an exhaustive, and unexpectedly | 经过了详尽的 意料之外的 |
[15:21] | lengthy spell check, | 冗长的拼写检查后 |
[15:24] | I tender you my resignation. | 我向你递交辞呈 |
[15:27] | Well, that’s very noble of you, Dick. | 这种行为真伟大 迪克 |
[15:29] | Well, that’s what I was going for. | 我辞职就是为了显得伟大 |
[15:33] | But it’s not going to do you any good. | 但这么做不会给你带来任何好处 |
[15:35] | You can’t win, Dick. You have nothing. | 你赢不了的 迪克 你一无所有 |
[15:37] | I hold all the cards. | 而所有牌都在我手中 |
[15:41] | Cards? | 牌 |
[15:43] | Yes. Cards. | 是的 牌 |
[15:46] | Cards. | 牌啊 |
[15:49] | Yes. Now if you’ll excuse me, | 是的 那么失陪一下 |
[15:53] | I have to present these letters to the board of trustees. | 我得把这些辞呈上交董事会 |
[15:56] | Oh, of course, the board. | 当然 董事会 |
[15:58] | They were certainly right about you. | 他们真没看走眼 |
[16:01] | You are a real operator. | 你确实是个真正的管理者 |
[16:06] | You know people on the board? | 你认识董事会的人吗 |
[16:07] | No. I have no friends on the board. | 不 我在董事会没有朋友 |
[16:16] | You don’t know anything. | 你根本什么都不知道 |
[16:18] | You’re right. I know nothing. | 没错 我什么也不知道 |
[16:20] | You have no reason to worry about losing your job | 你完全不用担心因为这次的大混乱 |
[16:23] | over this debacle. | 你会丢掉饭碗 |
[16:26] | I don’t know why I did that. | 我不知道我为什么做引号的手势 |
[16:28] | I’m not quoting anyone. | 我可没引用任何人的话 |
[16:31] | What are you doing with those? | 你想拿这些辞呈干嘛 |
[16:33] | I’m thinking of giving them back to you. | 我在考虑把它们还给你 |
[16:36] | What do you think of that, dr. Solomon? | 你觉得怎么样 所罗门教授 |
[16:39] | I think that would be a huge mistake, chancellor. | 我觉得那会是一个巨大的错误 校长先生 |
[16:42] | Would it? | 会吗 |
[16:46] | Yes. Accepting them was your greatest triumph. | 没错 接受了你可就胜利了 |
[16:53] | You’d like to see me fired, wouldn’t you? | 我被炒了你会很高兴 对吗 |
[16:58] | No, and believe me, I have no designs | 不 相信我 你的职位 |
[17:02] | on your position. | 我可没兴趣 |
[17:07] | Oh, I’m sorry, Solomon, | 真抱歉 所罗门教授 |
[17:10] | but I can read you like a book. You lose. | 我可以一眼看穿你 你输定了 |
[17:13] | I’m rehiring the faculty. | 我要雇回全体教职工 |
[17:16] | Now take your letters and get out of my office. | 现在带着这些辞呈 滚出我的办公室 |
[17:18] | Well, it looks like you’ve outsmarted me once again. | 好吧 貌似你又比我聪明了一回 |
[17:26] | I mean, damn! | 我是说 见鬼 |
[17:33] | Here you go, | 您拿好 |
[17:34] | and thank you for coming | 感谢您光临 |
[17:35] | to the great American pretzel wagon. | 伟大的美国椒盐卷饼大篷车店 |
[17:37] | I love your pretzels. | 我爱你们家的卷饼 |
[17:39] | They’re much better than the ones at Mrs. Fetzel’s. | 比椒饼太太家卖的好吃多了 |
[17:43] | They do what they do. We do what we do. | 他们做他们的 我们做我们的 |
[17:46] | Here’s a cup for your soda. | 这是送您的汽水杯 |
[17:48] | You can go fill up over at Mrs. Fetzel’s. | 去椒饼太太店里装汽水吧 |
[17:51] | Here, see? | 就他们 看到没 |
[17:52] | Folks, I don’t know what you think you’re doing, | 伙计们 我不知道你们自以为在干嘛 |
[17:55] | but I’m stopping you now. | 但我现在要阻止你们 |
[17:57] | I’ll take this. | 这个没收了 |
[17:59] | Oh, I see how this works. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[18:02] | You can’t compete with us, | 你竞争不过我们 |
[18:04] | so you’re trying to shut us down. | 所以想让我们关门大吉 |
[18:06] | Yeah. We come up with a better way of selling pretzels, | 就是 我们用更好的方式卖卷饼 |
[18:09] | and you call in the goons. | 你就找了个砸场子的 |
[18:10] | The American dream? Not in this mall. | 美国梦 在这儿全是扯淡 |
[18:13] | Big, fat Mrs. Fetzel’s | 气焰嚣张的椒饼太太店 |
[18:15] | stomping all over the little guy. | 欺负我们这种小门小户 |
[18:18] | You stole all our pretzels! | 你们偷了我们的卷饼 |
[18:22] | We sold all your pretzels. | 是我们卖了你们的卷饼 |
[18:27] | Alissa? There’s something that you need to know. | 艾丽莎 我要跟你说些事情 |
[18:29] | Yeah, you, too. You’re fired. | 对 我也要说 你被炒了 |
[18:31] | No, you–you can’t fire me. I was about to quit. | 不 你不能炒了我 我正要辞职不干呢 |
[18:33] | I’m sorry, Tommy. Clean out your cubby. | 抱歉了汤米 收拾东西去吧 |
[18:36] | Well, then. Fine. | 好 没问题 |
[18:39] | So, I’ll see you tonight? | 那我们晚上见? |
[18:41] | – Pick me up? – Ok. | -来接我吗 -好的 |
[18:45] | You know even though we didn’t get any of our benefits back, | 即使我们没争取回任何福利 |
[18:48] | it’s good to be working again. | 但有工作总是不错的 |
[18:50] | That’s right. Dick, without your cowardice and courage, | 没错 迪克 要不是你的懦弱和勇气 |
[18:53] | we wouldn’t be right back where we started. | 我们也不必从头开始 |
[18:55] | Thank you, Strudwick. | 谢谢 斯塔威克 |
[18:56] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我会当这句话是表扬 |
[18:58] | I meant it as an insult. | 我其实是在骂你 |
[18:59] | Too late. It’s a compliment. | 太晚了 就是在表扬我 |
[19:01] | By the way, chancellor Duncan got a new haircut. | 顺便说下 邓肯校长剪了个新发型 |
[19:05] | Really? Let’s go tell him how great it looks. | 真的吗 咱去夸夸他有多帅吧 |
[19:07] | – I have dibs on the bangs. – Ok. | -刘海是我的 -好的 |
[19:09] | Mary, I– | 玛丽 我… |
[19:11] | I wish you could have seen me in there with the chancellor. | 真希望我跟校长较量的时候你在场 |
[19:14] | You would have been so turned on by my heroism. | 你看到了我的英雄气概 一定会欲火焚身的 |
[19:17] | I know I was. | 反正我是 |
[19:20] | I’ve got to admit, I–I am impressed. | 我得承认 你很厉害 |
[19:24] | I have that man eating out of my hand. | 他可是被我牢牢制住了 |
[19:26] | Anything you want from him, | 不论你开口要什么 |
[19:28] | I can get it for you. | 我都能给你弄到手 |
[19:31] | The fire exit has been nailed shut | 学校的安全出口已经 |
[19:33] | for the past 2 years. | 封了两年了 |
[19:34] | Now, Mary, we don’t want to seem greedy. | 这个 玛丽 咱可不能太贪心了 |
[19:38] | There’s no need to bring that up | 这里又没着火 |
[19:40] | until there’s an actual fire. | 提这个没必要嘛 |
[19:45] | You know, I think I’ve done some real good here | 我觉得我确实做了不少好事 |
[19:48] | bringing management and labor together. | 把管理层和劳动阶层紧紧联系在了一起 |
[19:51] | Maybe I should go from planet to planet | 也许我该穿梭于各大星球之间 |
[19:53] | solving labor problems all over the universe | 解决全宇宙的劳工问题 |
[19:57] | and then riding off into the sunset on my motorcycle. | 然后骑着摩托车 奔向夕阳尽头 |
[20:01] | You know, Dick, it seems to me | 迪克 我倒觉得 |
[20:03] | that we’ve got some labor problems here ourselves. | 我们之间就存在一些劳工问题 |
[20:06] | That’s true. No health plan. No benefits. | 对 没健康保险 没任何福利 |
[20:08] | We haven’t had a raise in years. | 我们好些年没加薪了 |
[20:09] | Yeah, maybe we should go on strike against you. Unfair! | 也许我们该罢工对抗你 不公平 |
[20:12] | – Unfair! – Unfair! | -不公平 -不公平 |
[20:13] | I’m sorry. There is simply | 抱歉了 很明显现在 |
[20:15] | no room in the budget for raises. | 没有余钱给你们加薪 |
[20:18] | Ah, but I can go you one better. | 但我可以给你们更好的 |
[20:21] | Promotions. | 升职 |
[20:22] | Sally, you are now | 莎莉 你现在是 |
[20:24] | the senior security officer. | 高级安全长官 |
[20:27] | That’ll look good on the old resume. | 这头衔放简历上应该很显眼 |
[20:30] | Tommy, I am making you | 汤米 我提升你为 |
[20:32] | senior information officer. | 高级信息长官 |
[20:34] | About freaking time. | 终于盼到了 |
[20:43] | What about me, Dick? | 那我呢 迪克 |
[20:45] | Oh, Harry. You’re um, you’re… | 哈里 你是… |
[20:50] | Harry, you’re now… | 哈里 你现在… |
[20:52] | Harold. | 是哈罗德 |
[20:56] | Champagne for everyone! | 香槟算我的 |
[20:58] | Do I hear a thank you? | 你们有说谢谢吗 |