时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:08] | Stretch it out. | 拉伸一下 |
[00:10] | How was your run? | 跑步怎么样 |
[00:12] | I think it might have been my personal best. | 我觉得这也许是我的个人最佳成绩 |
[00:14] | Two miles in… | 两英里用时 |
[00:16] | 46 minutes. | 46分钟 |
[00:19] | You’re really committed to this. | 你真的很投入 |
[00:21] | Good for you. | 不错 |
[00:22] | Yeah, well, you know how they talk about | 是啊 你知道大家说的 |
[00:23] | that runner’s high? | 跑步者高潮吧 |
[00:25] | Well, it’s real. | 那是真的 |
[00:28] | It’s not great, but it’s real. | 那不算很棒 但那是真的 |
[00:32] | Nice. | 不错 |
[00:33] | So, listen, | 听着 |
[00:35] | I got a call… | 我接到了一通电话 |
[00:37] | about you. | 是关于你的 |
[00:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:40] | You do know we’re having a drought. | 你知道这里在闹旱灾吧 |
[00:43] | Yeah, I’ve chosen not to participate. | 我选择不参与 |
[00:47] | So you got a call? | 你接到了一通电话 |
[00:48] | Right. | 对 |
[00:50] | It was a very surprising call. | 那让我很惊讶 |
[00:53] | Why are you dragging this out? | 为什么你一直在拖延 |
[00:54] | Because you’re in a good mood and I’m gonna miss that. | 因为你心情很好 我会很怀念的 |
[00:58] | Who called? | 谁打来的 |
[01:00] | It was a private investigator hired to track you down. | 是一名受雇追查你下落的私家侦探 |
[01:03] | All right, pack your bags. We knew this day would come. | 好吧 打包行李 我们都知道这天会来的 |
[01:06] | No. No, no, no. | 不不 |
[01:08] | He was hired by… | 他受雇于… |
[01:12] | your mother. | 你母亲 |
[01:13] | What? | 什么 |
[01:14] | She wants to meet you. | 她想见你 |
[01:19] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[01:21] | Is that a good “Huh”? | 那声哈是表示好 |
[01:22] | A bad “Huh”? | 还是不好 |
[01:24] | A shoot the messenger “Huh”? | 还是要杀掉信使啊 |
[01:26] | How’d this guy find me? | 这人怎么找到我的 |
[01:28] | Um, well, | 这个嘛 |
[01:30] | your recent DUI | 你最近的酒驾 |
[01:31] | seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. | 后果接连不断啊 |
[01:35] | Anyway, your mom lives in San Francisco, | 总之 你妈妈住在旧金山 |
[01:37] | but she’d be willing to drive here if you want to meet her. | 但如果你想见她 她很乐意开车过来 |
[01:40] | Nice to know she gave up her kid but kept the car. | 很高兴得知她送走了孩子但是留下了车 |
[01:46] | Okay, here’s what I want you to do. | 我想让你这样做 |
[01:47] | I want you to call this detective | 我想让你打给这个侦探 |
[01:48] | and tell him he’s got the wrong Bonnie Plunkett. | 告诉他 他找错了邦妮·普兰科特 |
[01:50] | My mother died stopping terrorists | 我妈妈因为阻止恐怖分子 |
[01:51] | from blowing up Disneyland. | 炸掉迪斯尼乐园而牺牲了 |
[01:53] | What? | 什么 |
[01:54] | That’s what I decided when I was nine, | 这是我九岁时做出的决定 |
[01:56] | and I’m sticking with it. | 我要坚持这个说法 |
[01:58] | Okay, I’ll call him. | 好吧 我会给他打电话 |
[02:00] | Wait! Stop. | 等等 |
[02:02] | Didn’t move. | 我没动 |
[02:04] | What is going on here? | 怎么回事啊 |
[02:06] | Why am I getting so upset about this? | 我为什么这么生气 |
[02:08] | This is just a woman I share DNA with. | 这只是个和我共享基因的女人 |
[02:11] | I don’t know, maybe I should meet her. | 我说不好 也许我该和她见面 |
[02:13] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[02:14] | Maybe I’ll need a kidney or bone marrow someday. | 也许我以后会需要肾脏或者骨髓 |
[02:17] | Liver, more likely. | 更可能是肝脏 |
[02:20] | For god’s sakes, it’s a historic drought! | 看在老天的份上 这可是百年一遇的旱灾 |
[02:23] | Nope, not gonna do it. | 不 还是不见 |
[02:25] | If I need an organ, I’ll get it from you. | 如果我需要器官 我就用你的 |
[02:27] | My liver might not be an upgrade. | 我的肝脏可能没什么改善 |
[02:31] | That woman gave me up when I was four years old. | 那女人在我四岁时送走了我 |
[02:34] | You know what happens to four-year-olds | 你知道被送去寄养的 |
[02:35] | who get tossed into the system? | 四岁小孩会怎么样吗 |
[02:36] | They don’t get adopted, | 他们不会被领养 |
[02:38] | especially when they’re five feet tall! | 特别是他们身高五英尺时 |
[02:41] | Okay, we’re walking again. | 又在乱跑了 |
[02:44] | Hey, how ’bout we go to a meeting? | 我们去参加会议怎么样 |
[02:48] | You go to a meeting. I’m going for a run. | 你去吧 我要去跑步 |
[02:50] | You just did that. | 你刚跑了 |
[02:52] | Remember how I used to do blow? | 记得我以前是怎么吸毒的吗 |
[02:56] | Now I run like that. | 现在我那样跑步 |
[03:19] | So you’re not the least bit curious to meet her? | 所以你一点都不想跟她见面吗 |
[03:22] | She’s not my mother. | 她不是我妈妈 |
[03:23] | This woman is more my mother. | 这女人都更像我妈 |
[03:25] | She’s fed me more times. | 她喂养我的次数更多 |
[03:27] | Be nice if you said “Please” and “Thank you” once in a while. | 如果你时不时说句”请”和”谢谢”就好了 |
[03:32] | In her defense, she did give you life. | 帮她说句话 她的确给了你生命 |
[03:34] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[03:35] | How do you disagree with that? | 你要怎么辩啊 |
[03:37] | I would’ve gotten here some other way. | 我会以别的方式来到这世界 |
[03:41] | Don’t you wonder what she wants? | 你不好奇她想怎么样吗 |
[03:43] | Who cares what she wants? | 谁在乎啊 |
[03:44] | First she wanted a little girl, | 一开始她想要个小女孩 |
[03:45] | then she didn’t want a little girl. | 然后她不想要小女孩了 |
[03:46] | Now she wants a little girl again? | 现在她又想要小女孩了 |
[03:47] | Well, I’m not gonna be her little girl. Not gonna happen. | 我才不要当她的小女孩 不可能 |
[03:50] | She thinks she’s a little girl? | 她觉得自己是个小女孩吗 |
[03:53] | Bonnie, I know you don’t want to hear this, | 邦妮 我知道你不想听 |
[03:55] | But seeing her again might be good for you. | 但是跟她见面可能对你有好处 |
[03:57] | It might be healing. | 也许能治愈你 |
[03:58] | Oh, please. Who am I if I heal? | 拜托 如果我治愈了 那我是谁啊 |
[04:03] | I want to meet her. | 我想见她 |
[04:06] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑的对吧 |
[04:07] | She’s my grandmother. | 她是我外婆 |
[04:09] | I’d like to know where I come from. | 我想了解我来自什么家庭 |
[04:11] | I can’t believe you’re not on my side with this. | 难以置信你居然不站在我这边 |
[04:14] | I’m not taking sides. | 我没有选边站 |
[04:15] | We have no relatives. | 我们没亲戚 |
[04:17] | Roscoe had to make a family tree for school last year. | 去年罗斯科得画一个家谱交作业 |
[04:20] | It had one leaf. | 那只有一片叶子 |
[04:23] | Wouldn’t it have four leaves since he has a sibling and… | 不该有四片叶子吗 因为他有姐姐 |
[04:26] | Trying to make a point, Wendy. | 我在表明观点呢 温蒂 |
[04:30] | Do what you want. | 你想怎么做都行 |
[04:33] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[04:51] | I’m Christy Plunkett. | 我是克丽丝蒂·普兰科特 |
[04:53] | Hello, Christy. | 你好 克丽丝蒂 |
[04:54] | It is so nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[04:57] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, too. | 我也是 |
[05:01] | You are so pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[05:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:06] | You smell like gingerbread. | 你闻起来像是姜饼 |
[05:10] | That’s always how I imagined you’d smell. | 我一直想着你就散发这种味道 |
[05:13] | You imagined smelling me? | 你想过闻我吗 |
[05:16] | Mostly at Christmas. | 大部分时候都在圣诞节 |
[05:19] | I think we have the same nose. | 我们的鼻子好像一样 |
[05:21] | Okay, now, this is getting weird. | 好吧 这变得很奇怪了 |
[05:25] | Wait, aren’t you Shirley Stabler? | 等等 你不是雪莉·斯特布勒吗 |
[05:28] | No, that’s me. | 不 那是我 |
[05:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:33] | I thought you were my grandmother. | 我还以为你是我外婆 |
[05:36] | Well, we’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[05:37] | I thought you were nuts. | 我以为你是疯子呢 |
[05:46] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:47] | It’s nice to meet you, too. | 我也是 |
[05:50] | Ah. You smell like cigarettes. | 你闻起来有烟味 |
[05:54] | Yep, you’re my grandmother. | 对 你就是我外婆 |
[05:57] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[05:59] | You look… | 你看起来 |
[06:01] | nothing like I pictured. | 和我想象的完全不一样 |
[06:04] | That lady thought I was pretty. | 那位女士觉得我很漂亮 |
[06:07] | Oh, you are. | 是啊 |
[06:09] | You’re beautiful. | 你的确漂亮 |
[06:11] | No way that’s your natural hair color. | 那不可能是你的天生发色 |
[06:14] | But it looks good on you. | 但挺好看的 |
[06:18] | I’m sorry your daughter couldn’t be here. | 抱歉你女儿不能来 |
[06:20] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[06:22] | I figured it was a 50/50 shot. | 我猜也只有一半的可能性 |
[06:25] | It’s cute you thought it was that close. | 你居然觉得可能性有这么大 真可爱 |
[06:28] | I’m guessing she hates me. | 我猜她恨我吧 |
[06:31] | Yeah, but… | 是啊 但是 |
[06:33] | she hates so many people. | 她恨好多人 |
[06:35] | She hates Elton John. | 她讨厌艾尔顿·约翰 |
[06:36] | I mean, who hates Elton John? | 谁讨厌艾尔顿·约翰啊 |
[06:38] | The guy’s a hit machine. | 那人可是个热歌大师 |
[06:40] | Oh, so you’re a babbler, huh? | 你是个喋喋不休的人啊 |
[06:43] | Only when I’m uncomfortable. | 只有在我不舒服的时候 |
[06:45] | Not that I’m uncomfortable now. I mean… | 不是说我现在不舒服 我是说 |
[06:48] | Yeah. Yeah, I am a babbler. | 对 我就是喋喋不休 |
[06:51] | Well, I’m glad you came. | 很高兴你来了 |
[06:54] | You look like you turned out fine. | 你看上去好像挺好的 |
[06:57] | Actually, the first 33 years | 实际上 前33年 |
[07:00] | were kind of touch and go. | 情况有些危险 |
[07:02] | I was an alcoholic and a stripper | 我曾是个酒瘾者 脱衣舞女 |
[07:05] | and a bit of a drug addict. | 也算是吸毒者 |
[07:08] | Oh, Christy. | 克丽丝蒂 |
[07:14] | I-I turned it around. | 我扭转了 |
[07:17] | Hey, go find your own granddaughter. | 去找你自家外孙女去 |
[07:22] | Now I have a great job, | 现在我有了一份不错的工作 |
[07:25] | I’ve gone back to school, | 回去上学了 |
[07:26] | I have two terrific kids. | 有两个很棒的孩子 |
[07:29] | You got any pictures? | 你有照片吗 |
[07:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:34] | This is Roscoe. | 这是罗斯科 |
[07:35] | He’s ten. | 他十岁了 |
[07:38] | This was a rash | 那是我 |
[07:39] | I was concerned about, but it’s cleared up. | 很担心的一块皮疹 但它消掉了 |
[07:43] | This is Violet. | 这是维奥莉特 |
[07:44] | Oh, she’s a beauty. | 她真是个美女 |
[07:46] | And… | 还有 |
[07:49] | there’s your daughter. | 这是你女儿 |
[07:51] | Those eyes. | 这对眼睛 |
[07:53] | The same beautiful eyes. | 同样的美丽的眼睛 |
[07:56] | Did she finally grow into those big feet of hers? | 她的身高是不是和大脚相符了 |
[08:00] | Almost. | 差不多吧 |
[08:03] | So… | 那么 |
[08:05] | what happened with the whole thing with you? | 你俩是怎么回事啊 |
[08:08] | Oh. Right to the chase, huh? | 直奔主题啊 |
[08:11] | It’s okay, you don’t have to. | 没事 你不必说 |
[08:13] | No. No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[08:14] | That’s why we’re here. | 这是我们来的原因 |
[08:18] | Well… right after I turned 20, | 我满20岁后 |
[08:23] | Bonnie’s father got killed in a motorcycle accident. | 邦妮的父亲死于摩托车事故 |
[08:26] | And I didn’t have no family to help me out, | 我没有家人帮我 |
[08:29] | so I had to get work, | 所以我得工作 |
[08:31] | mostly cleaning houses. | 大部分是打扫房屋 |
[08:34] | Um, I couldn’t afford a babysitter, | 我请不起保姆 |
[08:36] | so I got fired a lot for bringing Bonnie with me. | 所以我经常因为带上了邦妮而被炒 |
[08:42] | It was bad. | 那很糟糕 |
[08:45] | There were some days | 有时候 |
[08:46] | when I could barely afford to feed her. | 我都没钱给她买吃的 |
[08:50] | I once gambled away our rent money | 我曾经输光了房租 |
[08:52] | and ended up with my kids in a motel. | 最后跟我的孩子们住在汽车旅馆里 |
[08:56] | You trying to top my story? | 你想跟我比惨吗 |
[09:00] | No, no. | 不是啦 |
[09:01] | I’m-I’m sorry. Go on. | 对不起 继续吧 |
[09:03] | Well, anyway, | 总之 |
[09:05] | the day that I moved us into my car, | 在我们住到车里的那天 |
[09:10] | I figured the only shot she had at a decent life | 我认为她过上像样生活的唯一机会 |
[09:13] | was if I put her in foster care. | 就是我把她送去寄养 |
[09:16] | So… | 所以 |
[09:17] | that’s what I did. | 我就送了 |
[09:23] | That’s heartbreaking. | 那真是令人心碎 |
[09:25] | I’m glad she could be a better mother to you | 我真高兴 比起我对她 她对你来说 |
[09:28] | than I was to her. | 是个更好的妈妈 |
[09:34] | Let’s just say it’s a horse race. | 这么说吧 你俩还胜负未定 |
[09:39] | …Not as simple as you think. | 不如你想的那么简单 |
[09:41] | She had no money, she couldn’t feed you. | 她没有钱 养不起你 |
[09:44] | Giving you up broke her heart. | 送你去领养让她心碎 |
[09:45] | Nice story. | 故事不错 |
[09:46] | I’m sticking with the Disneyland terrorists. | 我要坚持迪斯尼乐园恐怖分子的说法 |
[09:49] | You need to see her. | 你得去见她 |
[09:51] | It might be your last chance. | 这可能是你最后的机会了 |
[09:53] | What are you talking about? | 你说些什么呢 |
[09:55] | The reason she reached out to you is… | 她来找你的原因是 |
[09:58] | she’s dying. | 她快死了 |
[10:04] | How long does she have? | 她还能活多久 |
[10:06] | Couple months. | 几个月 |
[10:09] | I’m going for a run. | 我要去跑步 |
[10:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:12] | Is that the new thing with you? | 这是你的新事物吗 |
[10:13] | Every time you can’t deal with your feelings, you go jogging? | 每次你处理不好自己的感情 就去跑步吗 |
[10:17] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:18] | Why don’t you make some tea? | 你泡点茶吧 |
[10:20] | We’ll sit down and talk about it. | 我们坐下来谈谈 |
[10:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:23] | Now you’re acting like an adult. | 你现在表现得像是成年人了 |
[10:31] | I’m still making tea. | 我还是要泡茶 |
[10:44] | Five minutes, and then we’re out of here. | 就五分钟 然后我们就走 |
[10:46] | I’m really proud of you. | 我真的为你骄傲 |
[10:47] | Hey, if I were dying, I know you’d want to see me. | 如果我快死了 我知道你会想来见我的 |
[10:50] | Wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 我绝不会错过的 |
[10:53] | Hello, Christy. | 你好啊 克丽丝蒂 |
[10:58] | Well, well, well. | 哎哟 |
[11:00] | Mom. | 妈 |
[11:02] | Finally decided to crawl out from under your rock, huh? | 终于决定从石头下爬出来了啊 |
[11:05] | Mom, mom, mom. | 妈 妈 妈 |
[11:06] | No, you brought me here– I’m doing this. | 不 是你带我来的 我要这样做 |
[11:09] | You’re a real piece of work, wanting my forgiveness. | 你真有种 想要我的原谅 |
[11:13] | Mom, please… | 妈 拜托 |
[11:13] | I don’t know what you’re dying of, | 我不知道你因为什么病要死了 |
[11:16] | but I hope it’s slow and painful. | 但我希望这过程缓慢痛苦 |
[11:18] | She’s not your mother. | 她不是你妈 |
[11:22] | You have a super day. | 祝你今天愉快 |
[11:27] | Christy. | 克丽丝蒂 |
[11:29] | Oh, good. | 真好 |
[11:32] | This is your mother. | 这是你妈妈 |
[11:34] | Hello, Bonnie. | 你好 邦妮 |
[11:42] | Probably be more comfortable if we sat down. | 也许我们坐下来会更舒服 |
[11:48] | I’ll go first. | 我先坐 |
[11:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:06] | Well, I was wrong about it being more comfortable. | 我说会更舒服 是我错了 |
[12:11] | Thank you so much for being willing to see me. | 多谢你愿意见我 |
[12:14] | I’m only here ’cause you’re about to die. | 我来这里只是因为你快死了 |
[12:17] | What do you got anyway? | 你得了什么病 |
[12:19] | Uh, it’s my heart. | 心脏病 |
[12:20] | Something hereditary we need to worry about? | 是我们得担心的遗传病吗 |
[12:23] | No, just years of hard living finally caught up with me. | 不 只是多年艰苦的生活导致的 |
[12:30] | Maybe we should worry a little. | 也许我们该担心一点 |
[12:36] | Honey, I-I… | 亲爱的 我 |
[12:37] | I knew what I was gonna say to you when I saw you, | 我知道我见到你时打算跟你说什么 |
[12:40] | but now I-I don’t know where to start. | 但现在我不知道从何说起了 |
[12:45] | Just tell her what you told me. | 跟她说说你对我说的话啊 |
[12:51] | Bonnie, giving you up was the hardest thing | 邦妮 送你去领养是我这辈子 |
[12:53] | and the worst mistake I ever made in my whole life. | 做过的最艰难的事和犯下的最糟糕的错 |
[12:58] | But I want you to know | 但是我想告诉你 |
[12:59] | that I thought of you every single day. | 我每天都在想你 |
[13:02] | Yeah, terrific. Why didn’t you come back? | 真棒 你为什么不回来 |
[13:04] | You said you were gonna come back. | 你说你会回来的 |
[13:05] | Well, I wanted to. I tried. | 我想的 我试过了 |
[13:06] | You left me bouncing around foster homes. | 你让我在寄养家庭之间被踢来踢去 |
[13:09] | I was trying to make money, trying to get on my feet. | 我在努力赚钱 摆脱困境 |
[13:11] | Yeah, so? | 好吧 所以呢 |
[13:13] | It got complicated. | 事情变得很复杂 |
[13:14] | What the hell does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[13:16] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[13:18] | I was a cocktail waitress in Tahoe. | 我曾是塔霍的酒吧服务员 |
[13:21] | And I met this guy… | 我遇见了一个男人 |
[13:25] | and I moved in with him. | 跟他同居了 |
[13:28] | And? | 然后呢 |
[13:30] | And… | 然后 |
[13:32] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[13:34] | He said he didn’t want any kids around. | 他说他不想要孩子 |
[13:41] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:42] | I-I didn’t know this part. | 我不知道这部分 |
[13:45] | So you picked your happiness over mine. | 所以你选择了你的幸福 而不是我的 |
[13:47] | I was young, I was scared. | 我当时很年轻 很害怕 |
[13:50] | What can I say? I screwed up. | 我能怎么做呢 我搞砸了 |
[13:52] | No, I screwed up with her. | 不 我对她才是搞砸了 |
[13:55] | What you did to me is unforgivable. | 你对我做的事是无可原谅的 |
[13:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:07] | On the bright side, she’s dying. | 往好的方面看 她快死了 |
[14:17] | You were gone a long time. | 你走了很久 |
[14:19] | I decided to run until I wasn’t mad anymore. | 我决定跑步 直到我不再生气 |
[14:22] | I went, like, 18 miles, puked and had to take the bus back. | 我大概跑了18英里 吐了 不得不坐公交回来 |
[14:28] | Listen, Marjorie really wanted to talk to you, so… | 听着 玛乔丽想跟你谈谈 所以 |
[14:31] | Stop. I already know what she’s gonna say. | 别说了 我已经知道她要说什么了 |
[14:33] | I don’t need to hear it come out | 我没必要听她 |
[14:34] | of her shrunken little apple head. | 用她的萎缩小苹果头说出来 |
[14:37] | Hello, Bonnie. | 你好啊 邦妮 |
[14:41] | Do you not know how to give a heads up? | 你不知道怎么提醒我吗 |
[14:45] | Sit down and listen to the apple head. | 坐下 听苹果头说话 |
[14:47] | Let me guess– you want me to forgive my mother | 让我猜猜 你想要我原谅我母亲 |
[14:49] | and invite her back into my life. | 邀请她重回我的生活 |
[14:51] | No, I just… | 不 我只是 |
[14:51] | That woman threw me away, | 那女人抛弃了我 |
[14:53] | and I’ve spent every day since then thinking I was unlovable. | 从那天开始的每一天 我都觉得我不招人喜欢 |
[14:58] | And sometimes you are. | 有时候你的确如此 |
[15:02] | That being said, there might be an alternative | 话虽如此 但你可能还有别的选择 |
[15:04] | to hating your mother for the rest of your life. | 而不是这辈子都恨你母亲 |
[15:09] | You got my attention. | 你引起了我的注意 |
[15:31] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[15:34] | Thanks for seeing me. | 谢谢你见我 |
[15:35] | Oh, I was so happy when you called. | 你打电话来时我好高兴 |
[15:38] | You want some coffee? | 你想喝咖啡吗 |
[15:40] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[15:41] | Black okay? | 黑咖啡可以吗 |
[15:42] | That’s fine. | 可以 |
[15:48] | So how long have you lived here? | 你在这里住了多久 |
[15:50] | About 20 years. | 大概20年 |
[15:52] | It’s nice. | 这里挺不错的 |
[15:54] | No, it ain’t. | 才不是 |
[15:58] | No, it ain’t. | 的确不是 |
[16:01] | I guess you got a lot of questions for me, huh? | 我想你要问我很多问题啊 |
[16:04] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:08] | I don’t know anything about my father. | 我对我父亲一无所知 |
[16:09] | I don’t even know his name. | 甚至连他的名字都不知道 |
[16:12] | It was Henry. | 他叫亨利 |
[16:14] | Uh, just a terrific guy. | 他是个好人 |
[16:16] | Had a great sense of humor. | 很有幽默感 |
[16:19] | He was handsome, tall. | 他高大英俊 |
[16:22] | Couldn’t ride a motorcycle to save his life. | 车技不好 |
[16:26] | Literally. | 真的 |
[16:29] | So he wasn’t Paul Newman. | 他不是保罗·纽曼 |
[16:31] | And another fantasy dies. | 另一个幻想破灭了 |
[16:36] | I thought you might like to have a picture of him. | 我觉得你也许想拥有他的照片 |
[16:44] | Is that… me he’s holding? | 他抱的是我吗 |
[16:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:49] | What, was I about two years old here? | 这时候我大概两岁吗 |
[16:51] | No, about six months. | 不 大概六个月 |
[16:57] | So what was your deal? | 你怎么回事 |
[16:59] | Drugs? Booze? | 吸毒 酗酒 |
[17:00] | Sorry? | 抱歉 |
[17:01] | Well, I just assumed if we’re related, | 我只是觉得如果我们是母女 |
[17:03] | it must be one or the other or both. | 肯定两者必占其一 或者两者都是 |
[17:05] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[17:06] | Well, I smoked a little pot, | 我抽过一点大麻 |
[17:08] | but it just always made me paranoid. | 但那一直让我很多疑 |
[17:11] | And I never developed a taste for alcohol. | 我从来都不喜欢喝酒 |
[17:14] | It has a taste? | 还有不喜欢的吗 |
[17:18] | Uh, Christy told me that you had a problem. | 克丽丝蒂告诉我你有麻烦 |
[17:21] | But you seem to be dealing with it. | 但你好像在处理 |
[17:24] | I’m doing great. | 我挺好的 |
[17:26] | Yes, you are. | 是的 |
[17:31] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[17:33] | …I came here to, uh, tell you that, | 我来这里是想告诉你 |
[17:38] | um, I forgive you. | 我原谅你了 |
[17:41] | Mm, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:43] | No, don’t thank me. | 不 别谢我 |
[17:44] | I’m not doing it for you. | 我这样做不是为了你 |
[17:45] | I’m doing it for me. | 而是为了我 |
[17:48] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[17:49] | Shirley, a good friend of mine told me | 雪莉 我的一个好朋友告诉我 |
[17:51] | if I could forgive you, | 如果我原谅你 |
[17:56] | I could fi… finally be free of all the anger in my heart. | 我的心里可能就不会再愤怒 |
[18:00] | And I really… need to be free of it. | 我真的需要解脱 |
[18:06] | Because if I’m not, I’m, uh… | 因为如果不这样 我 |
[18:09] | I’m gonna drink again. | 我就会再次酗酒 |
[18:13] | Or jog myself to death. | 或者跑到死 |
[18:17] | That’s good. | 那挺好的 |
[18:18] | Then we… we can start over. | 我们可以从头来过 |
[18:21] | No, I don’t think so. | 我想不行 |
[18:22] | I-I… Just because I forgive you | 我原谅你不代表 |
[18:24] | doesn’t mean I want you in my life. | 我想让你出现在我的生活之中 |
[18:28] | That’s something my friend told me, too. | 那也是我朋友告诉我的 |
[18:31] | Who’s this friend? | 这朋友是谁 |
[18:32] | Well, to be honest, she’s not so much a friend | 说实话 她不像是朋友 |
[18:34] | as the… mother I never had. | 更像是我未曾拥有过的母亲 |
[18:39] | But I’ll be damned if I’ll tell her that. | 但我绝对不会告诉她那话的 |
[18:45] | Okay, uh, I got to go. | 好吧 我得走了 |
[18:48] | Already? | 就走吗 |
[18:49] | Am I… am I gonna see you again? | 我会再次见到你吗 |
[18:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:54] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[18:55] | I need some time. | 我需要一些时间 |
[18:58] | Can I at least give you a hug? | 我能抱抱你吗 |
[19:00] | I’m sorry, I don’t think so. | 抱歉 不行 |
[19:02] | Not… not yet. | 现在还不行 |
[19:13] | Thank you for the picture. | 谢谢你给我照片 |
[19:42] | Did you have a nice time at your dad’s? | 你在你爸家玩得开心吗 |
[19:44] | Yeah, it was great. | 挺好的 |
[19:45] | So, listen. | 听着 |
[19:46] | I’m a little confused. | 我有点困惑 |
[19:48] | How long have you known about her? | 你知道她的事有多久了 |
[19:50] | Well, we met her a couple days ago. | 我们是几天前跟她见面的 |
[19:52] | So what do I call her? | 我该怎么称呼她 |
[19:53] | Great-grandma? | 曾外婆吗 |
[19:55] | I think she’d really like that. | 我觉得她会很喜欢这称呼的 |
[19:57] | I made cookies. | 我做了饼干 |
[20:04] | Who says you can’t pick your family? | 谁说你不能选择家人啊 |