时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You know, this is the first time I’ve ever lived with someone | 这是我第一次和某人住在一起 |
[00:06] | and enjoyed taking care of them. | 很享受照顾对方 |
[00:08] | What about your daughter? | 那你的女儿呢 |
[00:09] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[00:12] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[00:14] | So, you set for the night? | 你今晚安排好了吗 |
[00:15] | Yep. While you’re at your AA meeting, | 对 你去参加戒酒互助会时 |
[00:17] | I’m gonna sit on that sofa and get happily drunk. | 我会坐在沙发上开心地喝醉 |
[00:21] | Alone, like a normal drinker. | 一个人 像正常的酒鬼一样 |
[00:23] | Attaboy. | 好孩子 |
[00:27] | Sorry. Traffic was brutal. | 抱歉 大堵车 |
[00:29] | We better hurry– we don’t want to see | 我们最好快点 咱们可不想看到 |
[00:31] | Marjorie’s disappointed sheep face. | 玛乔丽失望的”绵羊脸” |
[00:33] | Yeah. That would be… baaad. | 对 那样就糟糕…咩 |
[00:37] | See you later. | 回见 |
[00:38] | Is tonight’s meeting an hour or an hour and a half? | 今晚的会议是一小时还是一个半小时 |
[00:41] | Hour and a half. | 一个半小时 |
[00:42] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[00:45] | Are you and the girls going out for coffee after? | 散会后你还要和闺蜜们去喝咖啡吗 |
[00:47] | Probably. | 可能 |
[00:49] | Anybody having any personal problems? | 有闺蜜有烦心事吗 |
[00:52] | Jill bumped into her ex with his pregnant fiancée, | 吉尔碰到了前夫以及他怀孕的未婚妻 |
[00:55] | Nice. | 太棒了 |
[01:00] | Don’t worry, I’ll pace myself. | 别担心 我会慢慢喝的 |
[01:02] | I know you don’t like having sex | 我知道你不喜欢在开会后 |
[01:04] | with a drunk guy after a meeting. | 和一个醉鬼做爱 |
[01:05] | – Who said that? I never said that. – You sure? | -谁说的 我从未说过 -你确定吗 |
[01:08] | Yeah. All you have to do is gargle, | 对 你只需要漱口 |
[01:09] | and, you know, function. | 然后”站”起来就行 |
[01:13] | Define “Function.” | 定义下”站”起来 |
[01:16] | Parking is available in the lot. | 停车场有停车位 |
[01:17] | Please don’t park in, uh, | 请不要停在 |
[01:19] | any space marked “Reserve” | 标有”保留车位”的地方 |
[01:21] | Uh, there’s no smoking or vaping | 社区中心的任何地方 |
[01:22] | anywhere in the community center. | 都不能抽烟和吸电子烟 |
[01:24] | You can smoke on South Street, but… | 可以在南街上抽 但是 |
[01:26] | dispose of your cigarettes… | 香烟要扔在… |
[01:27] | Baaa. | 糟糕…咩 |
[01:31] | You know, we’re late ’cause of her. | 我们迟到是因为她 |
[01:33] | Oh. Well, then that’s okay. | 那没事 |
[01:35] | Why is that okay? | 为什么没事 |
[01:37] | Because Christy’s working two jobs, | 因为克丽丝蒂要打两份工 |
[01:38] | going to school and being a mom. | 还又上学又当妈 |
[01:40] | How about what I do? | 那我做的呢 |
[01:41] | What do you do? | 你做了什么 |
[01:44] | So glad I came tonight. | 真开心我今晚来了 |
[01:47] | And now please help me welcome | 现在请和我一起欢迎 |
[01:49] | tonight’s speaker, Jeanine. | 今晚的发言人 珍宁 |
[01:57] | Oh, damn. | 见鬼 |
[01:59] | Hi. I’m Jeanine. I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是珍宁 我是酒瘾者 |
[02:01] | Hi, Jeanine. | 你好 珍宁 |
[02:02] | Look, Bonnie! | 看 邦妮 |
[02:03] | It’s your former lesbian lover! | 是你的前任拉拉爱人 |
[02:06] | So, so glad. | 太开心我来了 |
[02:29] | I didn’t drink in high school. Actually, I was kind of a nerd. | 我高中时没喝酒 事实上 我当时是书呆子 |
[02:33] | Mathlete, debate club, | 奥数 辩论社团 |
[02:35] | puzzle page editor for the school paper. | 校报上的填字谜编辑 |
[02:38] | Yes, I could rock a jumble. | 没错 我玩拼字游戏可拿手了 |
[02:41] | Thing is, | 问题是 |
[02:42] | I knew that I had feelings for girls. | 我知道我喜欢女生 |
[02:44] | But I thought if I got good grades | 但我以为只要成绩好 |
[02:47] | and stopped watching Charlie’s Angels, | 不再看《霹雳娇娃》 |
[02:49] | they’d go away. | 这种感觉会消失 |
[02:52] | Then… | 然后 |
[02:52] | I had my first drink in college– | 我第一次喝酒是上大学时 |
[02:54] | an entire bottle of Strawberry Hill. | 一整瓶的”草莓山” |
[02:57] | 20 minutes later, I was making out with a woman. | 20分钟后 我就在和一个女人亲热了 |
[03:00] | Ironically, in a closet. | 讽刺的是 在一个柜子里[不公开同志身份] |
[03:04] | To this day, | 到现在 |
[03:05] | the smell of mothballs gets me hot. | 樟脑球的味道依然令我性奋 |
[03:08] | Oh, settle down. | 冷静 |
[03:11] | I drank to be comfortable with being gay. | 我喝酒是为了安心做女同 |
[03:14] | And then once I was comfortable, I just drank. | 但我安心后 还是喝酒 |
[03:18] | Every time I thought I had a drinking problem, | 每次我觉得自己酗酒 |
[03:20] | I’d just get a new girlfriend who was more of a mess than me. | 我就找个比我瘾更大的新女友 |
[03:24] | She’s talking about you. | 她在说你 |
[03:27] | I guess my bottom came | 我想我人生的最低潮 |
[03:28] | when I took in a drunken, bisexual, pill-head catastrophe | 就是收留了一个酗酒嗑药的双性恋大灾祸 |
[03:33] | and her adorable seven-year-old daughter. | 和她可爱的7岁女儿 |
[03:36] | Turn around. | 转过去 |
[03:39] | But… | 但是 |
[03:40] | thanks to this program, we’re all sober today | 多谢这个活动 我们现在都戒酒了 |
[03:43] | and we can laugh about it. | 我们可以对这事付之一笑 |
[03:45] | Right, Bonnie? | 对吗 邦妮 |
[03:49] | Lay down, soldier. You’re dead. | 躺下 大兵 你死了 |
[03:57] | I was so inspired by your story of | 你应对你妻子 |
[03:59] | how you dealt with the tragic death of your wife. | 悲剧性死亡的事 让我很受鼓舞 |
[04:02] | I can identify, because I just ran into my ex-husband | 我很认同 因为我刚碰到了我的前夫 |
[04:05] | and his pregnant fiancée. | 还有他怀孕的未婚妻 |
[04:08] | You’re right, it’s exactly the same. | 你说得对 完全是一回事 |
[04:12] | Thank you for your share. | 多谢你的分享 |
[04:14] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[04:15] | You know, when I was in high school, | 我读高中时 |
[04:17] | I kissed a guy who’s a girl now. | 亲过一个现在是女人的男生 |
[04:19] | So I know where you’re coming from. | 所以 我很懂你 |
[04:23] | Sista. | 姐妹 |
[04:27] | Drunken, pill-head catastrophe? | 酗酒磕药的大灾祸吗 |
[04:29] | Well, when I saw you sitting there, I thought I’d nice it up. | 我看到你坐在那里 就想着应该说得好听点 |
[04:33] | Well, if you’re gonna tell that story again, | 如果以后你还要再讲这事 |
[04:35] | mention the heroin– I’ve got a reputation to protect. | 记得说是海洛因 磕点小药丸太没逼格了 |
[04:38] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[04:39] | And I’m not bisexual. I’m just… easy-going. | 而且我不是双性恋 我只是很随和 |
[04:42] | Whatever you say. | 随便你说 |
[04:45] | You were wonderful! | 你太棒了 |
[04:46] | Christy Cracker Jack. | 棒姑娘克丽丝蒂 |
[04:48] | This was such a nice surprise! | 真是好棒的惊喜 |
[04:49] | Honey, it is always great to see you. | 亲爱的 见到你总是很开心 |
[04:51] | Hey, a bunch of us go out for coffee | 我们几个人散会后 |
[04:52] | after the meeting– you want to join? | 要去喝咖啡 你要去吗 |
[04:54] | Is that okay with you, Bon? | 你没意见吗 邦妮 |
[04:55] | Of course. I’m… easy-going. | 当然没 我很随和 |
[05:00] | Why do you torture her? | 你为什么折磨她 |
[05:02] | It’s fun! | 很好玩 |
[05:07] | So, Jeanine, how long have you been sober? | 珍宁 你戒酒多长时间了 |
[05:09] | 28 years. | 28年 |
[05:11] | Wow. Impressive. | 好厉害 |
[05:12] | Thank you. How about you? | 谢谢 你呢 |
[05:14] | Thirty-four. | 34年 |
[05:16] | Terrific. You sponsor a lot of people? | 太棒了 你是很多人的互助对象吗 |
[05:19] | Not many. | 不太多 |
[05:20] | Twelve. | 12个 |
[05:22] | Nineteen. | 19个 |
[05:25] | Last year, they all chipped in and sent me to Cabo. | 去年 大家凑钱请我去了趟卡布[度假圣地] |
[05:28] | That’s nice. I help people for fun and for free. | 真好 我帮助人是为了开心 不要钱 |
[05:31] | Ooh… sponsor cage match. | 互助对象笼中争霸 |
[05:36] | This is delicious. | 这个真好吃 |
[05:38] | I should bring a piece home for Adam. | 我应该给亚当带一块回去 |
[05:42] | Adam? There’s a man in your life? | 亚当 你现在有男友吗 |
[05:44] | Oh. Yes, there is. | 对 有的 |
[05:48] | Good for you. | 这样很好 |
[05:49] | It is good for me– twice a night | 对我的确有好处 每晚两炮 |
[05:51] | and once in the morning. | 清晨再来一发 |
[05:53] | So you’re slowing down in your old age? | 这么说你年纪大了开始悠着点了 |
[05:57] | So, Christy, how’s college? | 克丽丝蒂 大学怎么样 |
[05:59] | Couldn’t be better. | 非常好 |
[06:01] | I’m taking four classes and just loving it. | 我在上四门课 好喜欢 |
[06:03] | Liar. | 说谎 |
[06:04] | What? | 什么 |
[06:05] | You just did that hair-tuck thing behind your ear– | 你刚把头发挽到耳朵后去了 |
[06:07] | that’s your tell. | 那就暴露了 |
[06:09] | Ever since you were a little girl, | 从你小时候开始 |
[06:10] | whenever you tucked your hair behind your ear, | 每次你把头发挽到耳朵后 |
[06:12] | I knew you were lying. | 我就知道你在撒谎 |
[06:13] | – Really? I do that? – Yeah. | -真的吗 我会这样做吗 -是啊 |
[06:14] | You always have. | 你总是如此 |
[06:16] | Is that why I could never beat you at poker? | 所以我打扑克打不过你吗 |
[06:18] | Probably more that you were seven, but yeah. | 更主要是因为你才七岁吧 但这也是部分原因 |
[06:22] | Actually, I am kind of struggling at school. | 实际上 我在学校有点挣扎 |
[06:25] | I knew about the hair-tucking, too. | 我也知道挽头发的事 |
[06:27] | No, you didn’t. What’s going on? | 你才不知道 怎么了 |
[06:30] | It’s just a ton of work. | 只是作业好多 |
[06:31] | Plus, I’m pulling in double shifts at the restaurant. | 而且我在餐厅当两轮班 |
[06:35] | Every day I go to bed tired and wake up exhausted. | 每天我上床睡觉时都很累 醒来时精疲力竭 |
[06:37] | I really did know about the hair-tucking thing. | 我真的知道挽头发的事 |
[06:40] | How about I put this bee in your bonnet. | 我这样跟你说吧 |
[06:42] | Maybe instead of killing yourself to become a lawyer, | 也许你可以别累死累活地成为律师 |
[06:45] | you can come work with me. | 而是来为我工作 |
[06:46] | In real estate? | 做房地产吗 |
[06:48] | But I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was a little girl. | 但从我小时候开始 我就想当律师 |
[06:51] | No, you haven’t. I was there when you were a little girl, | 才不是 你小时候我陪着你呢 |
[06:54] | and you wanted to be Smurfette. | 你想当的是蓝妹妹 |
[06:56] | Way to go– remind her of other dreams that didn’t come true. | 真棒 让她想起了别的没成真的梦想 |
[07:00] | Look, in six months you can get your real estate license | 六个月后你就能拿到房产证执照 |
[07:03] | and be pulling in a lot of money. | 赚一大笔钱 |
[07:05] | And while you’re studying for your license– | 你学习考执照时 |
[07:06] | which you can do online– you can come work in my office. | 这你可以在网上做 同时你可以来我的办公室工作 |
[07:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[07:10] | I’m offering her an opportunity. | 我在给她提供一个机会 |
[07:11] | Nobody asked you to fix what isn’t broken. | 没人要你挽救一个没事的人 |
[07:13] | Actually, I’m pretty broken. | 实际上 我有事 |
[07:16] | You’re just trying to make her into you. | 你只是想让她喜欢你 |
[07:18] | And would that be so wrong? I mean, come on, | 那样不对吗 我是说 拜托 |
[07:20] | I have a beach house and a Tesla. | 我有一栋海滨别墅和一辆特斯拉 |
[07:22] | Oh, nice. I have a beach house, too. | 真不错 我也有一栋海滨别墅 |
[07:24] | You never told us you had a beach house. | 你没跟我们说过你有一栋海滨别墅 |
[07:27] | Uh, no. No, I did not. | 我是没有 |
[07:33] | Bonnie, I do not understand why you’re so threatened by this. | 邦妮 我不明白你为什么觉得受到了威胁 |
[07:36] | Yeah? Well, I don’t, either. | 是吗 我也不明白 |
[07:43] | Just for the record, | 告诉你一下 |
[07:44] | I really did know about the hair-tucking– I just never told you, | 我真的知道挽头发的事 我只是从没跟你说过 |
[07:47] | ’cause I needed to know when you were lying. | 因为我得知道你什么时候在撒谎 |
[07:48] | Hey, Mom… | 妈妈 |
[07:51] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:54] | Aw. I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[07:56] | And I know you a lot better than Jeanine. | 我比珍宁更了解你 |
[07:58] | I know that staying in school | 我知道继续上学 |
[07:59] | is better than her stupid real estate nonsense. | 比她愚蠢的房地产主意好得多 |
[08:01] | I cry every morning in the shower. | 我每天早上洗澡时都会哭 |
[08:03] | Oh, who doesn’t? | 谁不会啊 |
[08:07] | Hey, baby. Did you have fun not drinking? | 亲爱的 戒酒好玩吗 |
[08:23] | What are you doing up so early? | 你怎么起这么早 |
[08:26] | I didn’t want to throw up in bed. | 我不想吐在床上 |
[08:29] | Well, aren’t you considerate. | 你真是贴心啊 |
[08:31] | I take it you didn’t get lucky last night. | 看来你昨晚没走运[上床]啊 |
[08:33] | You’d have to ask your mother. | 你得问你妈妈 |
[08:36] | I’m not even sure why I asked you. | 我都不知道我问你干什么 |
[08:39] | Hey, stud. | 好啊 种马 |
[08:41] | That’d be a yes. | 看来是上了 |
[08:43] | Was that you I heard painting the toilet? | 我听见的污染卫生间的声音是你弄的吗 |
[08:45] | Be nice to him. It could’ve been on your back. | 对他好点 他本可能吐在你背上的 |
[08:50] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[08:51] | Bonnie Plunkett’s world-famous hangover cure. | 邦妮·普兰科特举世闻名的解酒办法 |
[08:56] | You complete me. | 你让我完整了 |
[09:00] | Who’s that so early? | 谁这么早就来了 |
[09:01] | Jeanine. She’s gonna show me her real estate office. | 珍宁 她要带我参观她的房地产办公室 |
[09:04] | – Who’s Jeanine? – Nobody. You got drool. | -珍宁是谁 -没谁 你流口水了 |
[09:07] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[09:08] | Hey, come on in. Let me get my things. | 请进吧 我去拿东西 |
[09:10] | All right. Hey, Bonnie. | 好啊 你好 邦妮 |
[09:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:13] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[09:14] | – Hi. – Jeanine, Adam. | -你好 -珍宁 这是亚当 |
[09:15] | Adam, Jeanine. | 亚当 这是珍宁 |
[09:16] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[09:17] | Did you enjoy your pie last night? | 昨晚你享受了馅饼[小妹妹]吗 |
[09:20] | Uh, that’s kind of a personal question. | 那是个私人问题 |
[09:25] | I brought you a slice of pie. | 我给你带了一块馅饼 |
[09:27] | Oh. Then yes. | 那就享受了 |
[09:31] | So, how do you guys all know each other? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[09:35] | We lived with Jeanine when I was little. | 我小时候我们跟珍宁住一起 |
[09:38] | Really? I thought you said she was nobody. | 真的吗 你不是说没谁吗 |
[09:40] | Drink your beer. Off you go. | 喝你的酒去 你们走吧 |
[09:42] | – See you later. – Bye. | -回头见 -再见 |
[09:45] | Please tell me your mother didn’t break his legs | 拜托告诉我你妈没弄断他的腿 |
[09:47] | so he wouldn’t run away from her. | 防止他跑走 |
[09:55] | And this is the bullpen. | 这就是大工作室 |
[09:57] | Wow. All these people work for you? | 这些人都为你工作吗 |
[10:00] | Yeah. I like to think of it as a family, but | 是啊 我喜欢觉得我们是一家人 但是 |
[10:03] | if they don’t kiss my ass, they’re out. | 如果他们不巴结我 就得滚蛋 |
[10:06] | – Nice shot, boss. – Thank you. | -好球 老板 -谢谢 |
[10:08] | So what do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[10:10] | You want to be a real estate agent? | 想当房地产经纪人吗 |
[10:11] | I don’t know. It’s pretty tempting. | 我不知道 很有诱惑力 |
[10:14] | But? | 但是 |
[10:15] | I’m just afraid I’d always wonder | 我只是害怕我会一直想着 |
[10:17] | what would have happened if I had become a lawyer. | 如果我成了律师会怎么样 |
[10:18] | Hmm. I’m a lawyer. | 我就是律师 |
[10:20] | Oh, right. Alissa, Christy. | 对 艾丽萨 这是克丽丝蒂 |
[10:23] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:24] | Hi. You’re an attorney? | 你好 你是律师吗 |
[10:26] | Why are you selling real estate? | 为什么在卖房子 |
[10:28] | ‘Cause I want to live indoors. | 因为我想住在室内 |
[10:30] | But you have a law degree. | 但你有法律学位啊 |
[10:31] | How come you’re not out there making the big bucks? | 怎么没赚大钱呢 |
[10:34] | Oh, she’s adorable. | 她真可爱 |
[10:36] | – I know. – What? What’d I miss? | -是啊 -怎么 我错过了什么 |
[10:38] | Listen, honey, it’s a tough job market out there. | 亲爱的 现在就业市场很严峻 |
[10:41] | I’ve got a lawyer, I’ve got an MBA, an architect | 我这有律师 工商管理硕士 建筑师 |
[10:45] | and a Dominican shortstop who couldn’t hit a curve ball. | 还有打不中曲线球的多米尼加游击手 |
[10:49] | I quit law when I realized | 当我意识到我当服务员赚得还更多时 |
[10:50] | I made more money waiting tables. | 我就不干律师了 |
[10:52] | Jeanine, she’s scaring me. | 珍宁 她吓到我了 |
[10:55] | That’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:55] | Liss, tell Christy about that time | 丽丝 告诉克丽丝蒂 |
[10:57] | that you were a public defender in Oakland, | 你是奥克兰的公社辩护律师的那会儿 |
[10:59] | and that junkie client stabbed you with a pencil. | 那个毒鬼当事人用铅笔捅了你 |
[11:01] | It really hurt. | 真的很疼 |
[11:04] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[11:05] | Thanks, Liss. Come here. Listen. | 谢谢 丽丝 过来 听好了 |
[11:08] | Last year, she brought in 200 K in commissions. | 去年 她佣金就赚了200K |
[11:11] | – “K” As in thousand? – Yes. | -K是指一千块吗 -对 |
[11:13] | Is it too soon to start kissing your ass? | 现在开始巴结你太早了吗 |
[11:15] | Never too soon, Crackerjack. | 永远都不早 棒姑娘 |
[11:21] | Can you pass me a wrench? | 你能给我拿个扳手过来吗 |
[11:23] | Crescent? Socket? Vise grip? | 月牙形扳手 套筒扳手 还是大力钳 |
[11:25] | The yellow one. | 黄色的 |
[11:27] | Girls. | 女人啊 |
[11:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:30] | FYI, that’s a crescent. | 顺便说句 那是月牙形扳手 |
[11:31] | FYI, don’t care. | 顺便说句 老娘不在乎 |
[11:35] | Hey, can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[11:36] | Sure. | 可以啊 |
[11:38] | Were you and Jeanine lesbians? | 你和珍宁是拉拉吗 |
[11:45] | Where did that come from? | 你为什么会问这个问题 |
[11:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:47] | The minute she walked into the kitchen, | 她走进厨房时 |
[11:49] | you started acting all twitchy like I am around my ex-wife. | 你就表现得焦躁不安 像是我在我前妻面前一样 |
[11:55] | Um, well, | 好吧 |
[11:57] | I don’t know if I’m comfortable talking about this. | 我不知道我是不是愿意谈这个 |
[11:59] | I thought you said we shouldn’t keep secrets from each other. | 你不是说过我们不该对彼此隐瞒秘密吗 |
[12:02] | Hey, if you’re gonna hold me to everything I say, | 如果你要让我言出必行 |
[12:03] | this is never gonna work. | 那咱俩是成不了的 |
[12:05] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[12:07] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:08] | Jeanine was gay, still is, | 珍宁是拉拉 现在还是 |
[12:12] | and I… | 而我 |
[12:16] | I don’t know what you’d call it. Uh… | 我不知道你会怎么说 |
[12:19] | I had sex with her for two years. | 我跟她上了两年床 |
[12:26] | Please don’t picture it. | 别脑补行吗 |
[12:28] | Oh, too late. | 太晚了 |
[12:32] | Is this gonna be an issue? | 这会是个问题吗 |
[12:34] | No, but I do have some follow-up questions. | 不是 但我还有一些问题 |
[12:36] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[12:37] | All right, shoot. | 行 问吧 |
[12:41] | You guys really do that scissor thing? | 你们真的会玩剪刀式吗 |
[12:48] | So now I don’t know what the hell to do. | 现在我不知道要做什么了 |
[12:50] | What if I spend thousands of dollars to finish college, | 如果我花了几千块上大学 |
[12:52] | and then thousands more on law school, | 然后再花几千块上法学院 |
[12:54] | and then when I get out, there aren’t any jobs? | 结果毕业后根本找不到工作呢 |
[12:56] | What if there’s a massive earthquake | 如果发了一场大地震 |
[12:58] | and the entire state of California slides into the ocean? | 整个加州都沉入了大海呢 |
[13:02] | So, you’re saying don’t go into real estate? | 你的意思是别做房地产吗 |
[13:05] | No, I’m saying we don’t know the future. | 不 我是说我们不知道未来 |
[13:08] | We can only make decisions based on what’s happening right now. | 我们只能根据现在的情况来作出决定 |
[13:11] | Well, right now, I’m closing in on 40, | 现在我快40岁了 |
[13:14] | and when I finish law school, I’ll be almost | 等我上完法学院 就快 |
[13:16] | 45. | 45岁了 |
[13:18] | Why are you whispering? | 你为什么小声说话 |
[13:19] | ‘Cause I don’t want anyone else to know. | 因为我不想让别人知道 |
[13:23] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[13:25] | But do I really want to sell real estate? | 但我真的想卖房子吗 |
[13:27] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 也许吧 我不知道 |
[13:29] | I do know I’d love to avoid paying off student loans until I’m… | 我知道我想付清学生贷款 |
[13:33] | your age. | 在你那么大之前 |
[13:36] | So you got a big decision to make. | 你要做出一个重大决定 |
[13:38] | I know. What do we think I should do? | 我知道 你觉得我该怎么做 |
[13:41] | I can’t make it for you. | 我没法帮你做决定 |
[13:43] | Sure you can. Just do it. Do it! | 你当然可以 做吧 做吧 |
[13:46] | Christy, I can tell you how to stay sober. | 克丽丝蒂 我可以告诉你怎么坚持戒瘾 |
[13:48] | I can’t tell you how to live your life. | 不能告诉你怎么过你的生活 |
[13:50] | Great. So I folded these stupid chairs for nothing. | 真棒 我白把这些蠢椅子折起来了 |
[13:56] | I do have one suggestion. | 我的确有个建议 |
[13:57] | What? I’ll take anything. | 什么 任何建议都行 |
[13:59] | Pray on it. | 祈祷吧 |
[14:02] | You used to get loaded every day. | 你以前天天喝醉 |
[14:04] | Now you’ve been sober for three years. | 现在戒瘾三年了 |
[14:06] | The same higher power who makes that possible | 使那一切成为可能的更高力量 |
[14:09] | can help you through this. | 也能帮你挺过这一切 |
[14:10] | I don’t know. I think my higher power’s kind of sick of me. | 我不知道 我觉得我的更高力量厌恶我了 |
[14:13] | Sweetie, God didn’t save you from drowning | 亲爱的 上帝拯救了溺水的你 |
[14:16] | just so he could kick your ass on the beach. | 可不是为了在海滩上踢你的屁股 |
[14:19] | You sure? He was pretty tough on his own kid. | 你确定吗 他对自己的孩子都很残忍 |
[14:26] | …till he stopped. | 直到他被阻止 |
[14:28] | You stopped them all right. | 你阻止了他们 |
[14:29] | How else did you think this was going to…? | 不然你觉得会怎么样 |
[14:33] | – You were the lady, right? – Oh, for God’s sake. | -你是受对吗 -天啊 |
[14:36] | Oh, come on! I want to know. | 拜托 我想知道 |
[14:37] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[14:39] | Mostly… we’d switch off. | 大部分情况是 我们会交换 |
[14:43] | How’d you decide? | 你们怎么决定的 |
[14:44] | Coin flip, high card, game of softball? | 掷硬币 抽牌还是垒球比赛 |
[14:52] | You really need to stop talking. | 你真的得闭嘴了 |
[14:54] | But… All right, fine. | 但是 好吧 |
[14:58] | You’re gonna help me take care of this, | 你要帮我解决这事 |
[15:00] | and then we’re going to get rid of his daughter. | 然后我们除掉他女儿 |
[15:02] | And don’t worry… | 别担心 |
[15:03] | And picturing! | 也别脑补了 |
[15:09] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[15:12] | Sorry. Bad start. | 抱歉 这开头不好 |
[15:17] | God, I really need your help on this one. | 上帝 我真的需要你的帮助 |
[15:21] | What do I do? | 我要怎么做 |
[15:29] | Any time. | 什么时候都行 |
[15:33] | – What are you doing? – Praying. | -你在干什么 -祈祷 |
[15:37] | Mind if I join you? | 介意我跟你一起吗 |
[15:38] | Sure. Adam driving you crazy? | 行啊 亚当把你逼疯了吗 |
[15:41] | Little bit. | 有点 |
[15:42] | All right, let’s pray. | 好 来祈祷吧 |
[15:54] | You getting anything? | 有什么回应吗 |
[15:54] | Not with you yapping in my ear. | 你在这逼逼 有个屁 |
[15:57] | Sor-ry. | 抱歉啦 |
[16:04] | Should we try Satan? I hear he gets things done. | 我们该试试撒旦吗 听说他能办成事 |
[16:13] | She’s not with me. | 她跟我不是一起的 |
[16:25] | So anyway, I gave it a lot of thought, I talked to Marjorie… | 总之 我考虑了很多 跟玛乔丽谈过 |
[16:29] | Marjorie. Hmm. What she have to say? | 玛乔丽 她说了什么 |
[16:33] | She told me I should pray on it. | 她跟我说我该祈祷 |
[16:35] | Okay. Kind of hard to poke holes in that. | 好吧 这真是无可指摘 |
[16:38] | I know. I tried. | 我知道 我试过了 |
[16:40] | So where’d you come out? | 你考虑的结果是什么 |
[16:42] | I decided to stay in school. | 我决定继续上学 |
[16:44] | Really? I’m surprised. | 真的吗 我很惊讶 |
[16:46] | Can’t explain why. | 没法解释原因 |
[16:48] | Just feels like the right thing to do. | 就感觉这样做是对的 |
[16:49] | For once in my life, finish something I started. | 这辈子头一回 有始有终 |
[16:53] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[16:54] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[16:55] | I thought you’d be mad. | 我还以为你会生气 |
[16:56] | Why would I be mad? | 我为什么要生气 |
[16:58] | You’re sticking with your dreams, | 你在坚持梦想 |
[16:59] | and you’re doing it the hard way. | 并且选择了艰难的方式 |
[17:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:03] | That takes guts, takes character. | 那需要勇气 需要骨气 |
[17:06] | You sure didn’t grow up to be your mother. | 你可没长成你妈妈那样 |
[17:09] | I’ll tell her you said that. | 我会告诉她你说了这话 |
[17:10] | Oh, please do. | 拜托要告诉她 |
[17:16] | I made you a little snack. | 我给你做了点零食 |
[17:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:20] | That’s so thoughtful. | 真体贴 |
[17:21] | No biggie. I like doing things for you. | 没什么大不了的 我喜欢为你做事 |
[17:23] | Well, that’s good to know. | 真好 |
[17:25] | What do you think of her? | 你觉得她怎么样 |
[17:28] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[17:29] | Stuntwoman friend of mine, Rebecca. | 我的一个女特技替身演员的朋友 叫丽贝卡 |
[17:31] | Doubles for Angelina Jolie sometimes. | 有时候为安吉丽娜·朱莉做替身 |
[17:33] | – Okay. – She’s gay, but she’s always been kind of flirty with me. | -好吧 -她是拉拉 但她总是跟我调情 |
[17:41] | What do you think…? | 你觉得这样可以吗 |
[17:46] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[17:48] | you know, we could all grab… dinner? | 我们一起吃顿晚餐 |
[17:54] | See what happens. | 看看情况如何 |
[17:57] | Are you sure you want to go down that road? | 你确定想这样做吗 |
[18:00] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[18:04] | If she and I hit it off, what do we need you for? | 如果她跟我合得来 我们还需要你干什么 |
[18:11] | Let’s just watch TV. | 我们看电视吧 |
[18:13] | No, no. It’s my turn now. | 不不 轮到我了 |
[18:15] | You ever dabble with your sexuality? | 你涉猎过同性恋吗 |
[18:17] | Hey. | 喂 |
[18:18] | I’m so straight, the word “Dabble” makes me uncomfortable. | 我太直了 “涉猎”这个词都让我很不舒服 |
[18:23] | – So never? – No. | -所以从来没有过吗 -没有 |
[18:24] | – Not once? – No! | -一次都没有过 -没有 |
[18:27] | Okay, a couple of times in high school after gym class, | 好吧 高中体育课后有几次 |
[18:30] | – the guys would have sword fights in the shower. – Really? | -男生会在洗澡时用鸡鸡”剑战” -真的吗 |
[18:33] | No, don’t “Really” me. That’s just horseplay. | 少来了 那只是恶作剧 |
[18:36] | It’s roughhousing. | 打打闹闹 |
[18:37] | With wet, naked guys in the shower. | 跟澡堂里湿湿光光的小男生啊 |
[18:39] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[18:43] | Stop picturing it! | 别脑补了 |