时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Jill, you’re a seven, right? | 吉尔 你是七对吗 |
[00:04] | If I’m a seven, you’re a four. | 我是七你就是四[分] |
[00:08] | I meant your shoe size. | 我说的是鞋的尺码 |
[00:10] | Oh. In that case, yes. | 那没错 |
[00:12] | And sorry for snappin’ at ya. | 抱歉对你发火 |
[00:13] | When you have your hair down and gloss those lips, | 你放下头发 擦点唇彩 |
[00:15] | you’re a solid six. | 绝对是六分美女 |
[00:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:18] | I was just hoping to borrow some cowboy boots. | 我想借牛仔靴 |
[00:21] | She’s got a date with a hillbilly. | 她要和乡下人约会 |
[00:22] | He’s not a hillbilly. | 他不是乡下人 |
[00:24] | He’s taking you country line dancing, | 他带你去跳乡村排排舞 |
[00:25] | so he’s a hillbilly from the early ’90s. | 所以他是九十年代初期的乡下人 |
[00:28] | Hey, it’s still cool to line dance. | 跳排排舞挺酷的 |
[00:31] | I take a line dance aerobics class. | 我在上排排舞健美操课 |
[00:33] | And who’s cooler than Marjorie? | 论酷谁比得上玛乔丽啊 |
[00:35] | I’ve got a date with a coordinated man who has a penis. | 我在和一个长着老二的协调性很好的男人约会 |
[00:38] | I’d do the polka, if that’s what it took. | 就算要我跳波尔卡舞我都乐意 |
[00:40] | Do you even have a clue how to line dance? | 你对排排舞有那么一点点的了解吗 |
[00:43] | Yeah. You wear cute boots and dance in a line. | 对 穿着可爱的靴子排成一排跳舞 |
[00:46] | Oh, I did not just hear that. | 你不是吧 |
[00:49] | You are gonna lose that fella to a gal who knows | 懂得在双壁队形变化时 |
[00:50] | how to tush push you right out of a two wall formation change. | 用屁屁轻推舞伴的姑娘会抢走你的男人 |
[00:53] | A two wall what? | 双壁什么 |
[00:55] | All right. Line up, ladies. | 好了 排好队 女士们 |
[00:57] | Let’s show Christy a little country heat. | 我们让克丽丝蒂见识下热辣的乡村风 |
[01:00] | Shouldn’t we stretch first? | 我们不先做下伸展运动吗 |
[01:03] | I got to tinkle. | 我得去嘘嘘 |
[01:04] | No, no time. | 没时间了 |
[01:05] | The Gamblers Anonymous people will be here any minute, | 戒赌互助会随时会来 |
[01:07] | and I owe one of them a couple hundred dollars. | 我欠一个人几百块 |
[01:11] | Okay, now, this is your basic step. | 这是基本舞步 |
[01:12] | Follow my lead. | 跟着我跳 |
[01:14] | Five, six. Five, six, seven, eight. | 五六 五六七八 |
[01:17] | Step, back, side, touch. Step, back, side, touch. | 踏步向后向侧落地 踏步向后向侧落地 |
[01:21] | Pivot, pivot. | 转 转 |
[01:23] | Kick ball change, twist, twist… | 踏脚换腿 扭扭 |
[01:24] | Oh, dear Lord, how were you ever a stripper? | 老天 你这水平居然还做过脱衣舞娘 |
[01:28] | You put glitter on your boobs and Def Leppard’s playing. | 在咪咪上撒上闪粉 威豹乐队的歌响起 |
[01:31] | Nobody’s looking at your feet. | 没人会看你的脚 |
[01:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:36] | Yeah, this is she. | 是我 |
[01:40] | Okay, well, thanks for calling. | 好的 感谢来电 |
[01:43] | Who was that? | 是谁 |
[01:43] | Uh, some lawyer. My mother’s dead. | 律师 我妈死了 |
[01:45] | Pivot, pivot. | 转 转 |
[01:47] | Kick ball change… | 踏脚换腿 |
[01:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:14] | You doin’ all right? | 你还好吗 |
[02:15] | Yeah. Why? | 很好 怎么了 |
[02:17] | Bonnie, | 邦妮 |
[02:18] | we’re your friends. | 我们是你的朋友 |
[02:20] | Knock, knock, let us in. | 咚咚 让我们进去 |
[02:24] | What? You mean my mother? | 什么 你是说我妈的事吗 |
[02:26] | I barely knew the woman. I’m fine. | 我几乎不认识她 我没事 |
[02:28] | I wish this was a true medium rare, but I’m fine. | 我希望这块肉是真正的三分熟 我没事 |
[02:32] | You’re not sad that she died? | 她去世了你不伤心吗 |
[02:34] | No, but you seem to be snottin’ it up pretty good. | 不 但你看起来抽泣得挺厉害 |
[02:38] | Okay, I got a little more information. | 我得到了一点消息 |
[02:42] | She was in the hospital, she didn’t suffer, | 她当时在医院 没受罪 |
[02:44] | she went quick. | 走得很快 |
[02:45] | Not quick enough. | 不够快 |
[02:47] | Oh, Bonnie… | 邦妮 |
[02:48] | Oh, Wendy! | 温蒂 |
[02:51] | And her landlord wants everything out of the apartment. | 她的房东希望清空公寓 |
[02:53] | So I guess we’re going to San Francisco. | 看来我们要去旧金山了 |
[02:55] | – Pass. – Pass? | -不去 -不去 |
[02:57] | They can dump her stuff in the bay, for all I care. | 把她的东西扔进海湾 我不在乎 |
[02:59] | Oh, Bonnie… | 邦妮 |
[03:00] | That’s two! | 两次了 |
[03:02] | You don’t want to find out what happens at three! | 你不会想知道三次会发生什么事 |
[03:07] | You don’t. | 你不会想的 |
[03:10] | This is all very fresh. | 事情来得太突然 |
[03:12] | But when you have a little distance, | 但过去一段时间后 |
[03:13] | you might regret not going and getting some closure. | 你可能会后悔没去做个了结 |
[03:16] | Might help you get rid of some of that anger. | 也许能帮你别这么愤怒 |
[03:18] | – What anger? – But it’s your… | -什么愤怒 -但她是你的… |
[03:19] | Do not say mother! | 别说”妈”这个字 |
[03:22] | A mother is someone who sticks around, day in, day out, | 当妈的要随时陪着孩子 日以继夜 |
[03:24] | and pays the price, like I did with her. | 要付出代价 像我对她那样 |
[03:26] | – Well, you didn’t exactly… – Not the time. | -你并没有… -有点眼力劲儿 |
[03:29] | Her mother just died, her burger’s not pink in the middle, | 她妈刚去世 点的汉堡肉中间不够生 |
[03:31] | and she’s about to punch Wendy. | 她马上要揍温蒂了 |
[03:54] | Couldn’t sleep? | 睡不着吗 |
[03:55] | No. | 是啊 |
[03:56] | And I was so hoping you’d come downstairs | 我非常希望你能下楼 |
[03:59] | so we could have a deep, life-affirming talk about it. | 我们能好好地畅谈一下人生 |
[04:02] | Kiss my ass. | 去死吧[亲我的屁股] |
[04:06] | You know, you might not care that you lost your mother, | 虽说你不在乎失去了母亲 |
[04:09] | but I lost my grandmother. | 但我失去了外婆 |
[04:11] | If I kiss your ass, will you leave me alone? | 如果我真亲你的屁股 你能别烦我吗 |
[04:15] | You do understand we’re never gonna see this woman again. | 你应该明白 我们再也见不到她了吧 |
[04:18] | And you understand we never saw her before. | 你应该明白 我们以前也没见过 |
[04:21] | Christy, if you and I | 克丽丝蒂 如果你和我 |
[04:22] | had never reconnected and I died, would you have mourned me? | 关系没有重新好起来 我死了 你会哀悼我吗 |
[04:25] | Yes, I would have. | 是 我会的 |
[04:27] | Oh, come on. Those years we weren’t speaking, | 得了 那些年我们连话都不说 |
[04:29] | did you even think about me at all? | 你有想起过我吗 |
[04:31] | Every day. | 每天都想 |
[04:33] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[04:35] | You never called. | 你没打过电话 |
[04:36] | For 18 months, you didn’t have phone privileges. | 有18个月 你没有接电话的特权 |
[04:41] | Give me one good reason why I should go to San Francisco | 给我一个足够的理由 我为什么要去旧金山 |
[04:43] | and rummage around that old woman’s apartment. | 收拾那个老女人的公寓 |
[04:45] | And don’t give me any of that emotional closure crap. | 别说什么情感上了结的屁话 |
[04:48] | Maybe you could find some stuff to sell. | 也许你能找到可以卖的东西 |
[04:50] | You should’ve led with that. I’m in. | 你应该一开始就说的 我去 |
[04:55] | Hello, Wendy’s next birthday present. | 你好 温蒂下次过生日的礼物 |
[04:59] | Good new, we inherited a closet full of soap operas | 好消息 我们继承了一壁橱的肥皂剧 |
[05:02] | and a VHS player that was– get this– built in America. | 还有录像机 听着 美国组装 |
[05:09] | She liked soap operas. | 她喜欢肥皂剧 |
[05:11] | I bet she watched them to fill her lonely life. | 我打赌她看电视是为了填补空虚的生活 |
[05:14] | Oh, grow up, Bambi. | 成熟点吧 小鹿斑比 |
[05:17] | The only reason we’re here is to find crap we can sell. | 我们来这里的唯一原因是找可以卖的东西 |
[05:21] | That’s your reason. | 那是你的原因 |
[05:22] | I came here to learn about my grandmother. | 我是来了解外婆的 |
[05:24] | Let me give you a thumbnail: she smoked Camels, | 我帮你总结一下 她抽骆驼香烟 |
[05:26] | wore clogs, and gave away her daughter. | 穿木底鞋 把女儿送人了 |
[05:29] | Hey, Cranky, I think you need to eat. | 爆脾气 我想你饿了 |
[05:31] | Maybe there’s something in the fridge. | 也许冰箱里有东西 |
[05:32] | Yeah, probably a six-pack of Ensure and some radishes. | 也许有六瓶装的营养奶昔和小萝卜 |
[05:37] | Ooh, even better, a shriveled lemon and some batteries. | 比我想的更好 枯萎的柠檬和电池 |
[05:41] | Aw, she liked lemons. | 她喜欢柠檬 |
[05:44] | Probably to put in the tea that she drank | 也许是看电视时 |
[05:46] | while she watched her stories. | 放在喝的茶里 |
[05:49] | Stop it! | 别说了 |
[05:52] | Why can’t this be like in the movies, | 为什么不能像电影里那样 |
[05:54] | where I wear a black suit and a veil | 我穿着黑色套装戴着面纱 |
[05:56] | and pretend to cry into a hanky while a lawyer hands me a check, | 拿着手帕假装哭泣 律师给我一张支票 |
[06:00] | and… Oh, my God, you’re not gonna believe what I found. | 我的天 你不会相信我找到了什么 |
[06:03] | If it’s a dead cat, lie to me. | 如果是死猫 别说真话 |
[06:05] | It’s a big bag of cash. Look! | 是一大袋现金 看 |
[06:08] | If it’s a dead cat, I am gonna kill you. | 如果是死猫 我会杀了你 |
[06:11] | No, it really is a big bag of cash! | 真的是一大袋现金 |
[06:13] | Oh, Mommy, I knew you were looking out for me! | 妈咪 我就知道你会照顾我的 |
[06:22] | I’ve got $2,438. | 我这边有2438块 |
[06:25] | You? | 你呢 |
[06:26] | I got $673. | 我这边有673块 |
[06:31] | – Really? – Sorry. | -你不是吧 -对不起 |
[06:32] | Old habit. $3,084. | 习惯了 3084块 |
[06:36] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[06:37] | Altogether, that’s, um… | 加在一起就是 |
[06:41] | Carry the six… | 算上6 |
[06:44] | Let’s just say we have between five and six grand. | 就说我们有五千到六千吧 |
[06:48] | – We? – Yeah, we. | -我们吗 -对 我们 |
[06:50] | I don’t mean to pull rank here, but she was my mother. | 我不是有心压你一头 但她是我妈 |
[06:52] | You wouldn’t even know about the money | 如果不是我把你拉到这里来 |
[06:54] | if I hadn’t dragged you down here. | 你根本不知道钱的存在 |
[06:55] | You just came so you could fence her toaster. | 你只是来偷她烤箱拿去卖的 |
[06:57] | We’re still doing that. | 我们还是要那样做 |
[06:59] | Come on, grab the boxes, I’ll take the cash. | 走吧 抱上盒子 我拿现金 |
[07:01] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[07:04] | Let’s just go. | 我们走吧 |
[07:06] | It’s kind of sad. | 挺悲哀的 |
[07:08] | The woman lived her whole life, and all she had to show for it | 她活了一辈子 拥有的东西只有 |
[07:11] | were a few tchotchkes and a wad of cash. | 一些廉价物和一小叠钱 |
[07:13] | And me. | 还有我 |
[07:15] | I was including you as a tchotchke. | 我把你算作廉价物了 |
[07:20] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[07:21] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[07:23] | This is my mother’s place. | 这是我妈妈家 |
[07:25] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[07:26] | Have we been cleaning out the wrong apartment? | 我们不会清理错公寓了吧 |
[07:38] | Who exactly is your mother? | 你妈妈是谁 |
[07:40] | Shirley Stabler. | 雪莉·斯特布勒 |
[07:43] | Grandma just got a lot more interesting. | 外婆突然变得有趣多了 |
[07:47] | Not so fast. I know this hustle. | 别急 我知道这种骗局 |
[07:49] | – What hustle? – You scan the obits, | -什么骗局 -你查查讣告 |
[07:51] | find out about an old lady that’s dead, | 发现一个死去的老女人 |
[07:53] | show up to her apartment claiming to be a relative. | 来到她公寓 宣称是她亲属 |
[07:55] | Who does that? | 谁会那样做啊 |
[07:56] | I’ve done it. | 我就做过 |
[07:59] | Yeah. It works every time. | 对 每次都成功 |
[08:00] | Except when you get sloppy. My mother was white. | 除非你漏出了马脚 我妈妈是白人 |
[08:02] | So was mine. | 我妈妈也是 |
[08:04] | Look, here. | 你看看 |
[08:06] | This is my mother with my father. | 这是我妈妈和爸爸 |
[08:11] | There’s Grandma with a black man. | 外婆和黑人男子在一起 |
[08:15] | I’m sorry. That was weird. | 抱歉 这很奇怪 |
[08:17] | I don’t know why I whispered. | 我不知道我为什么耳语 |
[08:18] | We have black friends. | 我们有黑人朋友的 |
[08:21] | I’m sorry, I’m gonna need some proof, Miss…? | 抱歉 我需要一些证据 女士… |
[08:24] | You first. | 你先拿出证据 |
[08:25] | Ray Stabler. | 雷·斯特布勒 |
[08:26] | – Bonnie Plunkett. – Christy Plunkett. | -邦妮·普兰科特 -克丽丝蒂·普兰科特 |
[08:27] | Unfortunately, the only proof I can show you is a picture | 很不幸 我能给你看的唯一证据 |
[08:30] | of the fire station she dumped me at when I was four. | 是她在我四岁时遗弃我的那个消防站的照片 |
[08:34] | Here’s the e-mail we got from a lawyer. | 这是律师发我们的电邮 |
[08:39] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[08:42] | Are you saying you’re my… sister? | 你是说你是我姐姐吗 |
[08:44] | I’m not sayin’ nothin’ to nobody. | 我什么都没说 |
[08:48] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[08:50] | I saw her in the hospital right before she passed, | 她去世前我去医院看过她 |
[08:52] | and she never mentioned a daughter. | 她从没提过她有个女儿 |
[08:54] | Just said, Look in the freezer. | 她只说 看看冰箱里面 |
[09:02] | Well, that makes no sense. | 这说不通 |
[09:04] | – Dementia, huh? – Cancer. | -痴呆症 对吗 -癌症 |
[09:06] | Same thing. | 一样的 |
[09:09] | So, uh, let me get this straight. | 那让我搞清楚 |
[09:11] | She kept you? | 她留下了你 |
[09:13] | I guess it’s not what you want to hear, but, yes, she did. | 我猜你不想听到这个 但没错 她留下了我 |
[09:17] | Even from the grave, | 即使在坟墓里 |
[09:18] | she’s finding new ways to stick it to me. | 她都找到了让我难受的新方法 |
[09:20] | Frozen peas? | 冻豆 |
[09:23] | Why would she want me to find these? | 她为什么要我找这个 |
[09:25] | Eh, you know, mothers and vegetables. | 你知道 当妈妈的喜欢蔬菜 |
[09:31] | Excuse me, I got to take this. | 不好意思 我必须接一下 |
[09:32] | Yeah, Lorraine. | 喂 洛林 |
[09:33] | – Put him on. – Can you believe this? | -接通他 -你能相信吗 |
[09:36] | She didn’t want the girl but kept the boy? | 她不要女儿要儿子 |
[09:37] | Where are we, China? | 我们是在中国吗 |
[09:39] | Don’t we have to tell him about the money? | 我们不告诉他钱的事吗 |
[09:41] | No! Are you crazy? | 不 你疯了吗 |
[09:42] | But his mom told him about the freezer. | 但他妈妈告诉了他冰箱的事 |
[09:44] | Yeah, and he got a bag of peas. | 是的 他得到了一袋豆子 |
[09:45] | Everybody wins. | 皆大欢喜 |
[09:46] | But now that we’re sober, aren’t we supposed to be rigorously honest? | 但是现在我们戒瘾了 难道不该非常诚实吗 |
[09:49] | Not when it comes to money. | 在钱上不该 |
[09:52] | I’m sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[09:53] | Got a trial coming up. | 很快有个审判 |
[09:54] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[09:55] | What’d they get you for? | 你犯了什么罪 |
[09:58] | I’m the lawyer. | 我是律师 |
[10:00] | Oh. Well, la-Dee-da. | 那你厉害了 |
[10:02] | A lawyer. That’s so cool. | 律师 太酷了 |
[10:04] | – You know, I’m actually studying to be… – Not now. | -其实我在学… -别废话 |
[10:08] | Listen, I’m not really sure what we’re supposed to do here. | 听着 我不确定我们该做什么 |
[10:11] | This is my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[10:13] | Give me a call if you ever want to sit down | 给我个电话 如果你们… |
[10:15] | and… I don’t know… talk. | 想坐下来谈谈 |
[10:20] | Well, I don’t have a card, | 我没有名片 |
[10:22] | seeing as it’s not 1947. | 因为现在不是1947年 |
[10:26] | Is she always like this? | 她总是这样吗 |
[10:27] | No, sometimes she’s in a bad mood. | 不 有时候她心情不好 |
[10:31] | I can come back another time. | 我可以改日再来 |
[10:33] | Take whatever you need, | 需要什么拿什么 |
[10:34] | but if you find any pictures of an adorable black boy, | 但是如果你们发现了可爱黑人男孩的照片 |
[10:37] | don’t throw ’em out. | 别丢了 |
[10:38] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[10:41] | This makes a lot more sense now. | 这个现在说得通了 |
[10:43] | You threw out my Little League picture? That’s cold. | 你丢了我少棒联盟的照片吗 太无情了 |
[10:46] | Sorry. We thought you came with the frame. | 抱歉 我们以为那是相框附赠的 |
[10:50] | Okay, I’m just gonna go. | 好吧 我走了 |
[10:53] | Wait! | 等等 |
[10:55] | – We found a bunch of cash in the freezer. No! | -我们在冰箱里找到了一叠钱 -不 |
[11:00] | It’s only right if you take half. | 你拿走一半才对 |
[11:03] | How much is there? | 一共多少钱 |
[11:04] | – About six grand. – $350. | -大概六千 -三百五 |
[11:07] | Six grand. | 六千 |
[11:10] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[11:11] | You keep it. | 你们留着吧 |
[11:12] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:14] | Means I don’t need it. | 意思是我不需要 |
[11:15] | And we do? | 而我们需要吗 |
[11:16] | We do, Mom. We really do. | 我们需要 妈妈 我们真的需要 |
[11:19] | Here. I got news for you, little bro. | 我告诉你 弟弟 |
[11:21] | You can keep your charity. | 收好你的怜悯吧 |
[11:22] | I have lived my whole life without any help from that woman. | 我一辈子都没得到过那女人的帮助 |
[11:24] | I do not need a handout now! | 如今也不需要施舍 |
[11:27] | I am so sorry about that. | 我对此非常抱歉 |
[11:31] | For someone who wasn’t raised by my mother, | 作为没被我母亲抚养过的人 |
[11:32] | she sure is a lot like her. | 她俩性格倒是很像 |
[11:35] | Never, ever say that to her. | 永远别当面对她那样说 |
[11:38] | Can you move your foot, Uncle Ray? You’re on a 50. | 你能挪一下脚吗 雷叔 你踩着一张50 |
[11:43] | Here. Let me help you with that. | 我来帮你吧 |
[11:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:46] | This’ll really help with tuition. | 这能解决不少学费负担 |
[11:50] | Where’d you go to school? | 你在哪上的大学 |
[11:51] | Cal. | 加州大学 |
[11:52] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[11:53] | Sonoma State. | 索州大学 |
[11:54] | Good school? | 是好学校吗 |
[11:56] | Ample parking. | 车位充裕 |
[11:59] | You sure you’re okay with us taking all of this? | 你确定愿意让我们全拿走吗 |
[12:03] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 是的 确定 |
[12:05] | And another thing! | 还有一件事 |
[12:06] | Buckle up. | 做好准备 |
[12:08] | I never even finished high school, and she put you through law school?! | 我连高中都没念完 她却供你念完了法学院 |
[12:11] | I put me through law school. | 是我供自己念的法学院 |
[12:13] | I put me through college, I put me through everything. | 我供自己读大学 任何事都是靠我自己 |
[12:16] | She gave me nothing. | 她什么都没给过我 |
[12:17] | That’s how I feel about you. | 跟我对你的感觉一样 |
[12:21] | Everything I accomplished was in spite of her. | 我获得的一切成就都与她无关 |
[12:24] | Now I know you had it hard, | 我知道你受过苦 |
[12:26] | but believe me, | 但是相信我 |
[12:26] | it was no picnic being raised by Shirley. | 被雪莉抚养长大也不好过 |
[12:28] | Abandoned. | 遗弃 |
[12:29] | Black. | 黑人 |
[12:29] | Woman. | 女人 |
[12:31] | Gay. | 同性恋 |
[12:34] | I think he wins. | 我觉得他赢了 |
[12:38] | My dad left, | 我爸爸离开了 |
[12:39] | and every time she looked at me, I was just a reminder. | 每次看到我 都让她想起往事 |
[12:42] | Oh, that’s so sad. | 真悲伤 |
[12:43] | What about my story? | 我的故事呢 |
[12:44] | It’s sad, too. I’ve just heard it a lot. | 也很惨 只不过我听太多次了 |
[12:48] | You wish you had her. | 你希望她能在你身边 |
[12:50] | I couldn’t wait to get away from her. | 而我迫不及待从她身边逃离 |
[12:53] | And now I want to get away from you. | 现在我想从你身边逃离 |
[12:55] | Christy, I wish you nothing but success. | 克丽丝蒂 祝你成功 |
[12:57] | And she’ll have it, | 她会成功的 |
[12:58] | ’cause she had a mother who loved her and took care of her! | 因为她有个爱她照顾她的妈妈 |
[13:01] | – Really? – Yeah, yeah. He doesn’t know. | -这也说得出口 -反正他不知道 |
[13:12] | I am so sorry I dragged you there. | 很抱歉我拖你过来了 |
[13:14] | I thought you’d get closure with your mom, | 我还以为你会跟你妈妈了结 |
[13:16] | and now it’s just opener. | 结果开敞多了 |
[13:19] | More open? | 更开敞吗 |
[13:22] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[13:23] | Just give me a dirty look so I know you still love me. | 给我摆个臭脸 让我知道你还爱我 |
[13:26] | – It’s not your fault. – I know. | -这不是你的错 -我知道 |
[13:29] | I was just making noise ’cause the radio doesn’t work. | 我讲话只是因为收音机出问题了 |
[13:33] | This is my life. | 这就是我的生活 |
[13:35] | I get knocked around, kicked in the teeth, and then, | 被推来推去 粗暴对待 |
[13:37] | when I finally get good news, like my mother’s dead, | 等我终于听到一个好消息了 像是我妈死了 |
[13:39] | boom, I get kicked in the teeth again. | 我又被粗暴对待了 |
[13:42] | That’s a funny line. | 真是有趣的话 |
[13:44] | I’m gonna steal it when you die. | 我打算盗来 等你去世时用 |
[13:47] | Enjoy it, ’cause I got nothing else to leave you. | 好好享受吧 因为我没有别的东西留给你了 |
[13:51] | Oh, stop feeling sorry for yourself. | 别再自怨自艾了 |
[13:54] | Everybody’s life is hard. | 每个人的生活都很艰难 |
[13:55] | Oh, not my long-lost brother. | 我失散已久的弟弟不是 |
[13:57] | He apparently made something of himself. | 他显然有所成就 |
[13:59] | Hey, don’t discount what you’ve achieved. | 别低估你的成就 |
[14:02] | I’m 52 years old, and I manage an apartment building. | 我52岁了 管理一栋公寓大楼 |
[14:06] | You’re sticking with 52, huh? | 你还是坚持说你52岁了啊 |
[14:09] | There’s the dirty look. | 摆臭脸了 |
[14:13] | Mom, we’re all doing the best we can. | 妈妈 我们都在尽力而为 |
[14:16] | There’s no point in comparing yourself to other people. | 将自己与别人比较毫无意义 |
[14:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | Especially a super successful attorney | 特别是一个超级成功的律师 |
[14:24] | who overcame poverty and racial prejudice. | 他克服了贫困和种族偏见 |
[14:29] | Oh, you do still love me! | 你的确还爱我 |
[14:34] | I still can’t believe Bonnie has a brother. | 我还是难以置信邦妮有个弟弟 |
[14:36] | I know. It’s like finding out there was a Jerry Hitler. | 就是啊 就像发现有杰瑞·希特勒 |
[14:41] | How’s she handling it? | 她接受得怎么样 |
[14:43] | You know her. | 你了解她的 |
[14:44] | – Oh, you poor thing. – Sorry. | -你这小可怜 -我很遗憾 |
[14:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:47] | Is she coming to the meeting? | 她来开会吗 |
[14:48] | No. She’s too busy | 不 她忙着 |
[14:49] | having a meeting with all the angry voices in her head. | 和脑袋里愤怒的声音开会呢 |
[14:52] | Last count, there were seven and maybe a dog. | 据最近统计 有七个 也许还有一只狗 |
[14:56] | Yeah, well, she needs to come. | 她需要来 |
[14:57] | – You tell her. – Maybe I will. | -你跟她说去 -也许我会的 |
[15:00] | Just be sure to let her smell your hand before you pet her. | 确保你拍她之前让她闻闻你的手 |
[15:11] | As the Sun Sets. | 太阳落山 |
[15:13] | This portion brought to you today | 今天这部分由 |
[15:15] | by Brim Decaffeinated Coffee. | 布里姆无咖啡因咖啡赞助播出 |
[15:17] | Fill your cup to the rim with the richness of Brim. | 用香醇的布里姆咖啡倒满杯子 |
[15:21] | And Lady Whisper Body Spray. | 以及女士低语身体喷雾 |
[15:24] | Because… well… you know. | 因为 你懂的 |
[15:39] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[15:40] | – What are you doing here? – Why aren’t you at the meeting? | -你在这干什么 -你怎么没去开会 |
[15:42] | I’m not at the meeting ’cause you’re not at the meeting. | 我没去开会是因为你没去开会 |
[15:43] | You want to play 20 Questions, | 你想玩”20个问题” |
[15:45] | – or are you gonna invite me in? – Fine. | -还是要邀请我进去 -好吧 |
[15:47] | I just don’t want to talk about my mother. | 我只是不想谈论我妈 |
[15:49] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[15:55] | You know, I had a dead mom I was mad at, too. | 我也对我去世了的妈妈很生气 |
[16:00] | For God’s sake. | 看在老天的分上 |
[16:02] | What? I’m talking about my mother. | 干嘛 我在说我妈妈 |
[16:03] | I see. So this is where we make my problem about you. | 我明白了 现在我的问题又跟你有关系了 |
[16:06] | Oh, we’ll get there. | 我们会聊到的 |
[16:09] | But since you brought it up, what exactly is your problem? | 但既然你提到了 你到底有什么问题 |
[16:12] | Seriously? | 这还用问 |
[16:13] | My mother threw me into theoster system, | 我妈妈把我送去领养 |
[16:15] | but chose to raise a son. | 但选择抚养一个儿子 |
[16:17] | Okay. How is that a problem? | 这算哪门子问题 |
[16:19] | Are you trying to piss me off? | 你在故意惹毛我吗 |
[16:22] | I’m just saying, that’s something | 我只是说 那是很久之前 |
[16:23] | that happened a long time ago. | 发生的事 |
[16:24] | It’s only a problem now if you make it one. | 现在只有你小题大做 它才算一个问题 |
[16:27] | I didn’t think I can hate that woman | 我觉得我对那女人的恨意 |
[16:28] | any more than I already did. | 已经到顶峰了 |
[16:32] | Can I tell you something Marjorie told me? | 我能跟你说说玛乔丽告诉我的话吗 |
[16:33] | Ugh. Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[16:36] | Pray? Go to a meeting? Pray at a meeting? | 祈祷 去参加互助会 在互助会上祈祷 |
[16:38] | Do the hokey pokey, turn yourself around? | 跳做动作舞 转过身来 |
[16:43] | She told me to write my mother a letter and tell her everything | 她让我给我妈妈写一封信 写下 |
[16:45] | I didn’t get a chance to tell her when she was alive. | 她活着时我没机会告诉她的话 |
[16:48] | And where would I mail this letter? | 我要把这封信寄去哪里 |
[16:50] | Do you happen to know the zip code for hell? | 你碰巧知道地狱的邮编吗 |
[16:56] | You go to her grave, and you just read it. | 你去她坟墓旁读出来 |
[16:59] | Wow. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最蠢的话 |
[17:02] | Yeah, well, I thought so, too, but… it really helped. | 我也这么觉得 但真的有帮助 |
[17:06] | And I had a nice weekend in South Carolina. | 我在南卡罗来纳州度过了愉快的周末 |
[17:09] | Bought an antique samovar. | 买了个古董茶壶 |
[17:11] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[17:12] | Is that a person? A sandwich? | 人名吗 还是三明治 |
[17:15] | Make all the jokes you want, | 随便你开玩笑 |
[17:17] | but instead of hating my mom day in and day out, | 但我没有夜以继日地恨我妈妈 |
[17:21] | now the anger just flares up occasionally. | 现在我只是偶尔愤怒 |
[17:24] | Like herpes? | 像是疱疹吗 |
[17:26] | I wouldn’t know. | 我又不知道 |
[17:29] | But yes. | 但差不多吧 |
[17:52] | Okay, let’s do this. | 好吧 开始吧 |
[17:57] | “Dear Mom, | 亲爱的妈妈 |
[17:59] | “I have hated you my whole life. | 我这辈子都恨你 |
[18:03] | “What kind of person abandons a four-year-old child? | 哪种人会抛弃四岁小孩啊 |
[18:08] | “I wasn’t a baby, you knew me.. | 我不是婴儿 你认识我 |
[18:11] | “We sang songs together. | 我们一起唱歌 |
[18:14] | “And then I spent the rest of my life thinking | 然后我这辈子都在想着 |
[18:18] | “I must’ve done something wrong, or you would have wanted me. | 我肯定做了错事 不然你会想要我 |
[18:23] | “Do you know what that does to a person? | 你知道那对一个人有什么影响吗 |
[18:25] | “I drank because of you. | 因为你 我酗酒 |
[18:29] | “I almost lost my child because you | 因为你 我差点失去自己的孩子 |
[18:33] | “I went to jail because of you. | 因为你 我进了监狱 |
[18:37] | Because of you, because of you, because of you.” | 都怪你 都怪你 都怪你 |
[18:48] | I can’t keep doing this. | 我不能继续这样做了 |
[18:51] | You have been the great excuse of my life. | 你一直都是我生活中的好借口 |
[18:56] | I blamed you for everything. | 一切事情我都怪在你头上 |
[18:59] | It’s all on you. | 都怪你 |
[19:02] | God. | 天啊 |
[19:06] | I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but… | 难以置信我要这样说 但是 |
[19:12] | …I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:20] | I don’t like you– I don’t have to like you– | 我不喜欢你 我没必要喜欢你 |
[19:26] | but you’re not responsible for my life. | 但你没必要对我的人生负责 |
[19:28] | I am responsible for my life. | 我才对我的人生负责 |
[19:34] | There. | 好了 |
[19:36] | You’re off the hook. | 你解脱了 |
[19:42] | Rest in peace. | 安息吧 |
[20:14] | “Dear Mom, for as long as I can remember, | 亲爱的妈妈 自我能记事开始 |
[20:17] | you were never there for me. | 你从未陪过我 |
[20:19] | You let me down so.. | 你让我很失望 |
[20:20] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[20:20] | Shh. Lay down. Just go with it. | 嘘 躺下 听我说 |
[20:24] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:26] | I was inspired by what you did, | 你做的事给了我灵感 |
[20:28] | and I realized I still have so much anger towards you, | 我意识到我还对你很生气 |
[20:30] | I thought I should get some of it out. | 我想着该发泄一些 |
[20:32] | Wait. You’re doing your dead mom letter now? | 等等 你现在就在写给去世妈妈的信吗 |
[20:35] | Yeah. I was in the mood, nothing on TV. | 是啊 我当时想写 又没好看的电视节目 |
[20:39] | Eh, knock yourself out. | 随便你 |
[20:42] | It might help if you crossed your arms. | 如果你交叉双臂 也许会好些 |
[20:45] | Like this? | 像是这样吗 |
[20:46] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[20:47] | And breathe shallow. | 浅浅呼吸 |
[20:51] | Nice. | 好 |
[20:54] | “You let me down so many times, | 你让我失望了好多次 |
[20:56] | and I learned not to trust..” | 我学会不再信任… |
[20:59] | That’s going in the letter! | 信里会写这件事的 |