时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hi. My name is Christy. I’m an alcoholic. | 我是克丽丝蒂 我是酒瘾者 |
[00:06] | Hi, Christy. | 克丽丝蒂 |
[00:07] | And, uh… | 然后 |
[00:11] | that’s all I got. | 我就说这么多 |
[00:16] | I think there’s more. | 我觉得还没完 |
[00:17] | The plan was to be a lawyer, and you guys supported me and said, | 我的计划是当律师 你们支持了我 并且说 |
[00:20] | “Oh, go for it, Christy. You can do it.” | 去追梦吧 克丽丝蒂 你能做到 |
[00:23] | Turns out every law school I applied to disagrees. | 结果我申请的每所法学院都不同意 |
[00:26] | And I can’t tell you how mean it was | 我无法形容你们让我相信自己 |
[00:28] | of all you people to make me believe in myself. | 是一件多么刻薄的事 |
[00:31] | I don’t know how you sleep at night. | 我不知道你们晚上怎么安睡的 |
[00:33] | So, thanks a lot. | 所以非常感谢 |
[00:38] | Still no. | 还没完 |
[00:39] | Anyway, for all of you who say, | 总之 那些说 |
[00:41] | “Oh, sobriety’s full of miracles…” | “戒酒后充满奇迹”的人 |
[00:46] | Sorry. I should end on a positive note, so… | 抱歉 我应该以正能量结尾 所以 |
[00:56] | Hi. Jill, alcoholic. | 吉尔 酒瘾者 |
[00:58] | Hi, Jill. | 吉尔 |
[00:59] | Well, transitioning back to the real world has been really tough. | 适应现实世界非常难 |
[01:05] | Eating healthy was so easy at the wellness retreat. | 在康复中心时健康饮食很简单 |
[01:08] | I mean, carbs weren’t allowed on the premises, | 那里禁止吃碳水化合物 |
[01:10] | and I had a inner strength coach on call 24 hours a day. | 有一位内在力量教练24小时待命 |
[01:15] | It’s just not the same | 但在冷冻甜点过道 |
[01:15] | FaceTiming her from the frozen dessert aisle | 用颤抖的手拿着莎拉李蛋糕 |
[01:17] | with a Sara Lee strudel in my trembling hand. | 和她视频连线是比不上的 |
[01:22] | I mean, temptation’s all around me. | 我周围充满了诱惑 |
[01:24] | Every time I open Google Maps, it reminds me that I live | 每次我打开谷歌地图 它都会提醒我 |
[01:27] | three-eighths of a mile from a Perkins Pancake House. | 我家边八分之三英里有一家帕金斯煎饼屋 |
[01:31] | And they’re open all night. | 他们整晚营业 |
[01:33] | You know, during those dark hours when you can’t stop your thoughts. | 在你心烦意乱的黑暗时刻 |
[01:38] | Like right now. | 比如现在 |
[01:45] | Wait, you all hear that ice cream truck, too, right? | 你们也听到冰激凌车的声音了吧 |
[01:51] | Hey, look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[01:52] | A spot right in front. | 前面正好有车位 |
[01:53] | That’s what you get for praying to the parking gods. | 这就是向停车之神祈祷的好处 |
[01:56] | The only god you believe in. | 你唯一信的神 |
[01:57] | Not true. I also believe in the lotto god. | 不对 我也信乐透之神 |
[02:03] | Son of a bitch! | 该死 |
[02:08] | Little guy, big motorcycle. | 小个子 大摩托 |
[02:10] | Tiny wiener. | 鸡鸡小 |
[02:17] | Hey, buddy, we were here first. | 妹子 我们先来的 |
[02:20] | You were here first. | 你们曾是先来的 |
[02:22] | You had an opportunity, but you didn’t take it. | 你们有过机会 但你们没抓住 |
[02:24] | Lesson learned. | 得到教训了吧 |
[02:25] | Check it out, this Muppet thinks I’m teachable. | 瞧瞧 这小布偶觉得我还有的教 |
[02:28] | Miranda, you’re here! | 米兰达 你来了 |
[02:30] | Oh, Jill! | 吉尔 |
[02:32] | You know her? | 你认识她 |
[02:33] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[02:34] | She’s my inner strength coach from the retreat. | 她是我在康复中心的内在力量教练 |
[02:36] | Well, she’s a dick. | 她是个混蛋 |
[02:39] | Oh, you must be Bonnie. | 你一定是邦妮 |
[02:42] | Many people have heard of me; you’re not special. | 很多人都听说过我 你没什么特别的 |
[02:45] | Thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你来 |
[02:47] | When one of my little lost bunnies calls me, I’m here. | 当我的迷途小兔叫我时 我一定来 |
[02:50] | Energy hug. | 能量拥抱 |
[02:55] | I’d like to stay and mock whatever this is, | 我想留下取笑这鬼玩意 |
[02:57] | but we still got to park. | 但我们还得停车 |
[02:59] | Ah. Try around the corner. I’ll save you a seat. | 试试拐角 我给你占座 |
[03:02] | Hey, Bonnie, remember, see the space, take the space. | 邦妮 记住 看到车位就停进去 |
[03:04] | Hey, see my foot, watch your ass. | 看到我的脚就挨踢吧 |
[03:26] | Oh, my God, just having you here, I feel safer. | 天啊 你在这里我感觉安全多了 |
[03:29] | I think the donut dreams are finally gonna stop. | 我觉得我终于不会再梦见甜甜圈了 |
[03:32] | Jill, the only person that can make you feel safe is you. | 吉尔 唯一能让你有安全感的是你自己 |
[03:35] | What about a fireman? | 消防队员呢 |
[03:37] | They always make me feel safe. | 他们总是让我有安全感 |
[03:40] | Except when you fool around with one of them in the supply closet | 但你跟他们其中一人在储藏室里亲热以后 |
[03:42] | and the next time they bring in a burn victim, | 下次他们带来烧伤者时 |
[03:44] | it’s all, “Do I know you?” | 会装作不认识你 |
[03:47] | And how does that make you feel? | 那让你有什么感觉 |
[03:49] | I’m used to it. | 我习惯了 |
[03:50] | Wendy, it’s okay to be angry. | 温蒂 生气是可以的 |
[03:51] | You have a voice and we need to hear it. | 你有自己的声音 我们需要听到 |
[03:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:56] | Try this. | 试试这样 |
[03:57] | I will be heard! | 我会被听到 |
[04:00] | I will be heard. | 我会被听到 |
[04:03] | Wow, she actually got quieter. | 她声音竟然更小了 |
[04:08] | Turns out the closest spot was the Home Depot parking lot, | 最近的空位是家得宝停车场 |
[04:11] | three-quarters of a mile away. | 四分之三英里远 |
[04:13] | I had to buy this so they don’t tow me. | 我必须买了这个 以防他们拖走我的车 |
[04:16] | So, what did I miss? | 我错过了什么 |
[04:18] | Miranda is helping Wendy find her voice. | 米兰达在帮温蒂找到她的声音 |
[04:20] | You sure that’s a fuse you want to light? | 你确定想点燃那根引线吗 |
[04:22] | Hey, back off! | 别管闲事 |
[04:25] | There’s Wendy the Lion. | 狮子温蒂出现了 |
[04:27] | All right, give me the hammer. | 好吧 锤子给我 |
[04:28] | Yeah. That’s probably smart. | 好 这更明智 |
[04:31] | So, Miranda, tell us, | 米兰达 告诉我们 |
[04:32] | what exactly do you do at the retreat? | 你在康复中心到底做什么 |
[04:35] | Oh, it’s simple, really. | 其实很简单 |
[04:36] | Everyone has an untapped reservoir of strength, | 每个人都有未开发的力量源泉 |
[04:39] | and it’s my calling to help them frack their way into it. | 我的任务是帮他们插入开发 |
[04:42] | Frack. | “插入” |
[04:44] | That’s wonderful. | 真不错 |
[04:47] | This woman saved me. | 这个女人救了我 |
[04:49] | I’d been at the retreat for three weeks | 我在康复中心待了三周 |
[04:50] | and only lost half a pound when Miranda looked me | 只减了半磅 直到米兰达 |
[04:52] | straight in the eyes and said… | 直视我的双眼说 |
[04:54] | I see you. | 我看到你了 |
[04:55] | – You do, don’t you? – Yeah. | -你真看到了 不是吗 -是的 |
[04:58] | She stood by my side for the next 12 weeks, | 她在我身旁支持了我12周 |
[05:00] | and bam, look what happened. | 砰 瞧瞧发生了什么 |
[05:02] | I’m back to being the hottest one here. | 我又变成了这里最性感的女人 |
[05:04] | Jill, we talked about this. | 吉尔 我们谈过这个 |
[05:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:08] | Everyone’s beautiful in their own peculiar way. | 每个人都有自己独特的美 |
[05:13] | Better. | 好些了 |
[05:14] | How is that better? | 这怎么能算好些了 |
[05:17] | It’s important for you to remember | 你一定要记住 |
[05:18] | that you had the power to change all along. | 你一直都有改变的力量 |
[05:21] | I’ve been obsessing over German chocolate cake | 我一直心心念念奶油芝士糖霜 |
[05:23] | with cream cheese frosting | 德国巧克力蛋糕 |
[05:24] | and how it would solve all my problems. | 认为它能解决我的所有问题 |
[05:27] | Get out of your problems, get into your power. | 别想你的问题 想想你的力量 |
[05:30] | I think I could do that better back at the retreat. | 我觉得我在康复中心做得更好 |
[05:33] | Aw, would that mean Miranda has to leave? | 这意味着米兰达要离开吗 |
[05:35] | Oh, well, off you go. | 好吧 再见 |
[05:37] | Jill, no. | 吉尔 不 |
[05:39] | The Mindful Cactus is a wonderful place, | 正念仙人掌确实是个好地方 |
[05:41] | but you need to learn to live in the real world. | 但你要学会在现实世界生活 |
[05:43] | And in the real world, cake happens. | 在现实世界中 会有蛋糕 |
[05:48] | So I can have some? | 所以我能吃吗 |
[05:50] | In moderation, sure. | 有节制地吃当然可以 |
[05:52] | You have the power to take a bite and push that plate away. | 你拥有咬一口 然后推开盘子的力量 |
[05:56] | Uh, yeah, Miranda, we’re not really | 好吧 米兰达 我们不是那种 |
[05:58] | a moderation bunch of gals. | 节制的女人 |
[06:01] | I once drank floor cleaner. | 我曾经喝过地板清洁剂 |
[06:07] | Give me the hammer. | 锤子给我 |
[06:13] | You got to be kidding. | 你没搞错吧 |
[06:15] | – What? – It’s 4:30. | -怎么了 -现在是4点半 |
[06:16] | – Don’t you have class? – Why bother? | -你不是有课吗 -何必上呢 |
[06:19] | The world doesn’t need another college-educated waitress. | 这世界不缺我一个大学毕业的服务生 |
[06:22] | “Let me tell you today’s specials | 让我告诉你今日特餐 |
[06:24] | and the difference between Emily and Charlotte Bronte.” | 以及艾米莉和夏洛特·勃朗特之间的区别 |
[06:28] | Are those your teachers? | 她们是你老师吗 |
[06:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:34] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 我不知道该做什么 |
[06:36] | All of my eggs were in this law school basket, | 我把鸡蛋都放在法学院的篮子里了 |
[06:39] | and I just dropped the basket. | 我刚掉了篮子 |
[06:41] | And that’s why you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. | 所以不能把鸡蛋放在一个篮子里 |
[06:43] | I just got that. | 我才想明白 |
[06:46] | Maybe I need a Miranda. | 或许我需要一个米兰达 |
[06:47] | Hey, I’m your Miranda. | 我就是你的米兰达 |
[06:49] | Now snap out of it! | 别丧了 |
[06:54] | Oh, look, there’s that meatball I dropped last night. | 看 我找到昨晚掉的肉丸了 |
[07:00] | Jill, you want to put away your Elf on the Shelf | 吉尔 别玩书架上的小精灵了 |
[07:02] | and help me clean up here? | 过来帮我清理 |
[07:04] | Careful, Bonnie. | 当心 邦妮 |
[07:05] | I’ll have Santa put you on the naughty list. | 我会让圣诞老人把你放在淘气名单里的 |
[07:08] | I’ll be right there. | 马上就来 |
[07:10] | Talk to me, honey. | 跟我说说 亲爱的 |
[07:11] | It’s the damn cookie table. | 是那个该死的饼干桌 |
[07:13] | It’s my turn to clean it, but I’m afraid I’m gonna | 轮到我打扫了 我怕我会 |
[07:15] | unhinge my jaw and clean it with my mouth. | 张开下巴 用嘴清理 |
[07:18] | Jill, do you know why I started riding a motorcycle? | 吉尔 你知道我为什么开始骑摩托吗 |
[07:21] | Because I used to be afraid of them, but I’m not anymore. | 因为我以前怕摩托 但我现在不怕了 |
[07:25] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[07:26] | – I need to face my fears. – Come on. | -我要直面我的恐惧 -来吧 |
[07:29] | – Let’s do it together. – Okay. | -我们一起清理 -好 |
[07:32] | Oh, good God, where’d those brownies come from? | 老天 这些布朗尼蛋糕是哪来的 |
[07:35] | Relax, Jill. Marjorie made them. | 放松 吉尔 是玛乔丽做的 |
[07:37] | Hockey pucks with nuts. | 冰球加坚果 |
[07:40] | Just because things aren’t working out the way you want | 事情没有像你想的一样进展 |
[07:42] | doesn’t mean they aren’t working out. | 不代表事情就没有进展 |
[07:44] | You just got to have faith. | 你必须有信念 |
[07:46] | I do. I believe with all my heart | 我有信念 我全心全意地相信 |
[07:49] | that my life is gonna suck forever. | 我会衰一辈子 |
[07:53] | Hey, are you sober today? | 你今天坚持戒瘾了吗 |
[07:58] | Then you’re a winner. | 那你就是赢家 |
[07:59] | See, you need to look for small victories. | 你应该珍视每个小胜利 |
[08:02] | Did you make your bed this morning? | 今早是你自己铺的床吗 |
[08:05] | I threw the bedspread over the mess. | 我把床单丢在了床垫上 |
[08:07] | I’m gonna put that in the win column. | 我会把这也算成胜利 |
[08:10] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t help overhearing, | 抱歉 我不小心偷听了 |
[08:12] | but you making your bed is not a win. | 但自己铺床不算胜利 |
[08:14] | You need to aim higher. | 你得定高目标 |
[08:16] | Thank you, Miranda, | 谢谢 米兰达 |
[08:17] | but I’ve been helping people work this program for 37 years. | 但我已经监督人们戒瘾37年了 |
[08:20] | I think I know what I’m talking about. | 我知道我在说什么 |
[08:21] | Oh, I know I’m just a guest here, | 我知道我只是个客人 |
[08:23] | but I have a teeny-tiny issue with the first step of A.A. | 但是我对互助会的第一步有点小意见 |
[08:27] | Admit you’re powerless? | 承认自己无能为力 |
[08:29] | Why do you have to admit you’re powerless? | 为什么要承认自己无能为力 |
[08:30] | Because when it comes to alcohol, we are powerless, | 因为在酒精上 我们无能为力 |
[08:33] | and we need to remember that. | 我们要牢记这点 |
[08:35] | It’s just that I’ve known y’all for a few days, | 我认识你们好几天了 |
[08:37] | and I don’t see any powerless women. | 我没看到无力的女性 |
[08:39] | That’s ’cause we’re not drunk. | 那是因为我们没醉 |
[08:42] | Don’t hide behind your humor. | 别躲在你的幽默后 |
[08:44] | Then I got nothing. | 那我一无所有 |
[08:47] | All due respect, | 无意冒犯 |
[08:48] | I’m less interested in, um– what do you call it?– | 我对 你们怎么叫来着 |
[08:51] | your higher power, | 更高力量[上帝]的兴趣 |
[08:53] | and more interested in your inner power. | 没有对内在力量的兴趣大 |
[08:55] | That’s the answer to your problems. | 那才是你问题的答案 |
[08:57] | All due respect, you’re talking out your ass. | 无意冒犯 你说的是屁话 |
[09:01] | See, now that’s powerful. | 看 那才是力量 |
[09:04] | Christy, what’s stopping you from reaching your goals | 克丽丝蒂 阻止你实现目标的 |
[09:06] | is all that bad energy in your life. | 是你生活中的负能量 |
[09:09] | I can help you get rid of it. | 我能帮你摆脱 |
[09:11] | If you’re gonna take out my mom, use poison. | 如果你要干掉我妈妈 用下毒的法子 |
[09:14] | She’ll see any other weapons coming. | 其它武器她都能看见 |
[09:16] | All I’m saying is you need to get rid of | 我的意思就是 |
[09:17] | all that negativity out of your system. | 你得把负能量排出体外 |
[09:20] | If you want, I could give you an energy cleanse. | 如果你愿意 我可以帮你净化能量 |
[09:24] | You’ll have a whole new you. | 你会成为全新的你 |
[09:27] | No offense, but I don’t really think | 无意冒犯 但我觉得 |
[09:28] | any of that stuff works. | 那些玩意儿都没用 |
[09:30] | Bonnie, I said put the coffee urn away! | 邦妮 我说了把咖啡壶拿开 |
[09:33] | Okay, sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[09:36] | When do we start? | 我们什么时候开始 |
[09:39] | I am so glad you see what Miranda has to offer. | 很高兴你看到了米兰达的能力 |
[09:42] | You are gonna love this. | 你会喜欢的 |
[09:44] | I hope so. I’ve never had my energy cleansed before. | 希望如此 我之前从未净化过能量 |
[09:47] | It’s probably pretty crusty. | 也许挺暴躁的 |
[09:49] | Hello! | 好啊 |
[09:53] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[09:56] | Only she does that. | 只有她那样做 |
[09:58] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:00] | Are you ready to go on a little journey to you? | 你准备好进入你的旅程了吗 |
[10:05] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[10:07] | Okay, I’m gonna see you on the other side. | 好 另一边见 |
[10:09] | The other side? | 另一边 |
[10:11] | The kitchen. | 厨房 |
[10:13] | All right, sweetie, I want you to lie down. | 亲爱的 你来躺下 |
[10:16] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[10:19] | Free your mind. | 放松心灵 |
[10:20] | Imagine yourself floating in a deep, warm river. | 想象自己漂浮在深深的温暖的河中 |
[10:33] | Sorry, I was clearing my pathway. | 抱歉 我在清理我的路径 |
[10:36] | Okay, but you really should warn a person. | 好 但你该提醒我的 |
[10:41] | I’m going to go into a little bit of a trance. | 我要陷入了恍惚状态了 |
[10:47] | I don’t know what’s going to happen | 我不知道会发生什么 |
[10:48] | because every experience is unique. | 因为每段体验都是独特的 |
[10:50] | I’ll be processing your energy, | 我要处理你的能量 |
[10:52] | and I may or may not have visions along the way. | 途中我也许能看见幻象 也许没有 |
[10:55] | We’ll see. | 我们会看到的 |
[10:57] | Permission to enter your energy space? | 允许进入你的能量空间吗 |
[11:01] | I’m gonna need a verbal “Yes.” | 我需要你回答”允许” |
[11:04] | Yes. | 允许 |
[11:26] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Uh, what was that? | 那是什么 |
[11:28] | Uh, that’s a huge clump of bad energy. | 一大块负能量 |
[11:31] | I’m going to throw it away. | 我要扔掉它 |
[11:51] | Let me guess, that was my childhood. | 让我猜猜 那是我的童年 |
[12:00] | I’m serious. 24 hours later, I still feel like I’m high. | 我认真的 24小时后 我依然感觉很嗨 |
[12:04] | Clean energy is incredible. | 净化能量太棒了 |
[12:05] | Settle down, Al Gore. | 冷静点 阿尔·戈尔[美国前副总统] |
[12:08] | That’s so nice that you’re working with Miranda, too. | 你也接受了米兰达的疗法 那真是太棒了 |
[12:12] | After she got rid of Christy’s negative energy, | 她扔掉克丽丝蒂的负能量后 |
[12:13] | my living room smelled like sulfur. | 我的客厅一股硫磺味 |
[12:17] | I don’t know what she did, but I am a different person now. | 我不知道她做了什么 但我现在完全不同了 |
[12:19] | – A better person. – If only. | -焕然一新了 -要是这样就好了 |
[12:22] | I don’t think Miranda made you a better person. | 我觉得不是米兰达让你焕然一新的 |
[12:25] | I’m guessing the program had a lot more to do with it. | 我认为出了更大力的是戒瘾会 |
[12:27] | Oh, sure, sure, sure. | 是啊 是啊 |
[12:29] | But I hit a wall, and Miranda’s helping me break through. | 但我遇到了障碍 米兰达帮我突破了 |
[12:33] | Okay. Just one last thing I’m gonna say. | 好 我打算说最后一句 |
[12:36] | Again, if only. | 要是这样就好了 |
[12:38] | Just want to remind you there are no quick fixes. | 我想提醒你 没有捷径可走 |
[12:42] | I don’t know. This was pretty quick and I feel pretty fixed. | 我不知道 这挺快的 我感觉解决了问题 |
[12:46] | Miranda told me I have limitless power. | 米兰达告诉我 我有无限能量 |
[12:49] | And so now I am recommitting to my dream of going to law school. | 所以现在我要重新追求上法学院的梦想 |
[12:52] | How? | 怎么做 |
[12:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:00] | I’m gonna go see the admissions people, | 我要去找招生办的人 |
[13:01] | and I’m gonna change their minds. | 劝他们改变主意 |
[13:04] | I believe I also suggested you do some follow-up, | 我也建议你去跟进 |
[13:07] | but maybe you needed to hear it in a squeaky voice. | 但也许你需要一个尖叫的声音告诉你 |
[13:12] | All I can say is | 我只想说 |
[13:13] | that cleanse was the best 500 bucks I’ve ever spent. | 净化是我花得最值得的五百块 |
[13:16] | What? | 什么 |
[13:19] | You don’t have that kind of money to throw around. | 你才没有那么多钱浪费 |
[13:21] | And if you do, where have you been hiding it? | 如果你有 你藏在哪儿了 |
[13:23] | I put it on my credit card. | 信用卡里 |
[13:24] | You don’t have a credit card. | 你没有信用卡 |
[13:25] | And if you do, where have you been hiding it? | 如果有 你藏在哪儿了 |
[13:28] | Miranda said she’d love to do it for free, | 米兰达说她很乐意免费 |
[13:31] | but the universe needs to know a sacrifice has been made. | 但宇宙需要知道有人做出了牺牲 |
[13:34] | And you bought that? When did you become a boob? | 你信了吗 你什么时候成了个傻子 |
[13:37] | Hey, what’s that say about me? | 那我成什么了 |
[13:39] | Well, you can afford to be a boob. | 你有资本当傻子 |
[13:40] | Back me up here, loudmouth. | 帮我说句话 吵闹鬼 |
[13:43] | Bonnie’s right. | 邦妮说得对 |
[13:48] | Namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha. | 南无阿弥陀佛 南无阿弥陀佛 南无阿弥陀佛 |
[13:52] | Hello, Bonnie. | 好啊 邦妮 |
[13:55] | How did you know it was me? | 你怎么知道是我 |
[13:57] | The temperature changed, the energy shifted, | 温度改变了 能量变化了 |
[13:59] | and your car backfired in the driveway. | 你的车在车道回火了 |
[14:02] | – Were you looking for Jill? – Looking for you. | -你找吉尔吗 -我找你 |
[14:05] | Look, I don’t care if you’re dipping into Jill’s Botox fund, | 吉尔的肉毒杆菌基金让你分了一杯羹 我不在乎 |
[14:07] | but when you start taking money from my daughter, | 但你开始拿我勉强维持生计的 |
[14:09] | who’s barely scraping by, that’s when you hear from me. | 女儿的钱时 我就会找上门来 |
[14:13] | Oh, Bonnie, who hurt you? | 邦妮 谁伤害了你 |
[14:15] | Don’t even try. | 想都别想 |
[14:16] | No, seriously, I want to know. | 不 说真的 我想知道 |
[14:18] | And I got to tell you, I respect the fact | 我得告诉你 我很尊重 |
[14:20] | that you’re protecting your daughter, | 你在保护你女儿这一事实 |
[14:21] | because I sense you were not protected by your mother. | 因为我感觉到你妈妈没有保护你 |
[14:25] | Well, who told you that? Jill? | 谁跟你说的 吉尔吗 |
[14:27] | You did, just now, with your eyes. | 你刚才的眼神已经说明了 |
[14:29] | What kind of carny hustle is this? | 这是什么骗局啊 |
[14:31] | What, are you gonna guess my cholesterol next? | 接下来你要猜我的胆固醇了吗 |
[14:34] | It’s too high to joke about. | 你的胆固醇太高了 不能开玩笑 |
[14:35] | Look, you may not believe in what I do, | 听着 你也许不信我的工作 |
[14:37] | but that doesn’t change the fact that I care about you. | 但这并不能改变我关心你的事实 |
[14:41] | You don’t even know me. Why would you care about me? | 你都不了解我 为什么要关心我 |
[14:44] | Exactly. You have a hard time believing | 正是 你很难相信 |
[14:46] | someone can care about you because you were abandoned. | 别人可以关心你 因为你被抛弃了 |
[14:51] | Uh, I’m here to talk about Christy. | 我是来聊克丽丝蒂的事的 |
[14:53] | And it’s not your fault your mother left you. | 你妈妈离开了你 这又不是你的错 |
[14:55] | You were just a baby. | 你只是个婴儿 |
[14:56] | Babies are pure, they’re perfect. | 婴儿是纯洁的 完美的 |
[14:58] | You… sh-shut up! | 你 闭嘴 |
[15:01] | Oh. There is a perfect baby inside of you. | 你内心有个完美的婴儿 |
[15:03] | I am not falling for this. | 我不会信你的 |
[15:04] | Baby Bonnie! | 邦妮婴儿 |
[15:08] | Oh, God, you-you smell like cookies. | 天啊 你一股饼干味儿 |
[15:14] | Come, lie down. Let me take away your pain. | 来 躺下 让我带走你的痛苦 |
[15:17] | – I’m not sure I… – On the house. | -我不确定 -我请客 |
[15:19] | Face up or face down? | 脸朝上还是朝下 |
[15:30] | Just checking in. It’s been a couple hours. | 只是问问 已经过了几小时了 |
[15:33] | Any chance the admissions director is gonna see me? | 招生办主任可能见我吗 |
[15:36] | I told you before, you should’ve made an appointment. | 我之前跟你说了 你该预约的 |
[15:39] | Normally I would’ve, but it was recently brought to my attention | 一般情况下我会的 但我最近注意到 |
[15:42] | that I have limitless power. | 我有无限能量 |
[15:46] | You don’t. | 你没有 |
[15:54] | Alice, I blanked on Frank’s birthday. | 爱丽丝 我忘了弗兰克的生日 |
[15:56] | Get me a reservation somewhere fantastic tonight. | 给我预订今晚的高档餐厅 |
[16:00] | Of course, no problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[16:02] | I’m screwed. | 我完蛋了 |
[16:06] | 5:00. | 五点 |
[16:07] | Every restaurant in town’s gonna be full. | 市里的所有餐厅都会没空位 |
[16:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:11] | Are you familiar with the Rustic Fig? | 你知道乡村无花果餐厅吗 |
[16:13] | Yeah, but they’re booked a month in advance. | 是啊 但他们提前一个月就订满了 |
[16:16] | Unless you know someone who has the limitless power | 除非你认识一个有无限能量的 |
[16:18] | of a waitress. | 服务员 |
[16:26] | What is happening to me?! | 我怎么啦 |
[16:30] | I opened you up. | 我帮你打开了心门 |
[16:32] | Well, snap me shut! | 快把我关上 |
[16:35] | You’ll be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[16:37] | I just wouldn’t make any important life decisions | 只是36小时内不要做 |
[16:39] | for, say, 36 hours, | 重大的人生决定 |
[16:41] | and I would avoid operating any heavy equipment. | 还有避免操作任何重型设备 |
[16:45] | But what if I have to drive a backhoe? | 但如果我得开反铲挖土机呢 |
[16:49] | Good, you’re already thinking big. | 很好 你已经想干一番大事了 |
[16:52] | Miranda, I did it! | 米兰达 我做到了 |
[16:53] | I baked a batch of cookies and only ate half of one! | 我烤了一批饼干 只吃了半个 |
[16:55] | Breakthrough! | 重大突破 |
[16:58] | Wait for me! | 等等我 |
[17:05] | I have amazing news. | 我有超棒的消息 |
[17:06] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:08] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[17:10] | Miranda fracked me pretty good. | 米兰达好好地”插入”了我 |
[17:13] | Isn’t she incredible? | 她很棒吧 |
[17:15] | She is. What’s your news? | 是啊 你的消息是什么 |
[17:18] | I went to see the head of admissions, stated my case, | 我去见了招生负责人 说了我的事 |
[17:20] | and she told me I was on the bubble. | 她告诉我 我在最后的名单上 |
[17:22] | They almost accepted me. | 他们差点招了我 |
[17:23] | If I bump my LSAT scores up a notch, | 如果我把LSAT的分数提高一点 |
[17:25] | she’ll find a place for me next year. | 她明年会给我找所法学院 |
[17:26] | Oh, baby! | 宝贝女儿 |
[17:29] | Tell me again what the LSAT is. | 再说一次LSAT是什么意思 |
[17:31] | The big lawyer test, Mom. | 律师重要考试 妈 |
[17:32] | I thought that was the bar exam! | 我还以为那叫律师资格考试 |
[17:36] | That’s the other big lawyer test. | 那是另一个律师重要考试 |
[17:38] | Can I please finish my story? | 能让我说完吗 |
[17:39] | I’m sorry. I’ve always interrupted you. | 抱歉 我一直打断你 |
[17:42] | It’s okay, Mom. Sometimes you just… | 没事 妈妈 有时候你就… |
[17:43] | It’s not o… When will I stop?! | 有事 我什么时候能停止啊 |
[17:52] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:53] | Christy, it’s Miranda. | 克丽丝蒂 我是米兰达 |
[17:55] | Hey, you are not gonna believe | 你不会相信 |
[17:56] | what happened to me, and it’s all thanks to you. | 我遇上了什么事 这全要感谢你 |
[17:58] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had the power within you the whole time. | 嗯嗯嗯 其实你内心深处一直都有力量 |
[18:00] | Listen, we got a bit of a situation over here. | 听着 我们这里出了点问题 |
[18:04] | I went out for a hike, I came back, and I found her like this. | 我出去远足 回来后就发现她成了这样 |
[18:08] | Oh, my God. What happened? | 天啊 怎么了 |
[18:09] | I was working with her on moderation. | 我在跟她上节制的课程 |
[18:11] | I convinced her she could eat half a cookie, then stop. | 我说服了她 她能吃半块饼干 然后停止 |
[18:14] | – So she tried it with booze. – Yeah. | -所以她也喝了半杯酒 -是的 |
[18:16] | I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[18:18] | Don’t worry, honey, we’re here. | 别担心 亲爱的 我们在 |
[18:30] | I can’t believe I threw away all that time. | 难以置信我抛弃了过去坚持戒酒的那些时光 |
[18:32] | I’m so stupid. | 我真蠢 |
[18:34] | You’re not stupid; you’re an alcoholic. | 你不蠢 你是个酒瘾者 |
[18:37] | I’m really sorry, Jill. | 真的很抱歉 吉尔 |
[18:38] | Not your fault, Miranda. | 不是你的错 米兰达 |
[18:40] | You can’t make someone get sober and you can’t make them drink. | 你没法逼别人戒酒 也没法逼别人喝酒 |
[18:45] | Marjorie? | 玛乔丽 |
[18:46] | Yes, honey? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[18:47] | Half a cookie doesn’t work. | 半块饼干没用 |
[18:49] | Not for you, sweetie. | 对你来说没用 亲爱的 |
[18:51] | None of us are half a cookie people. | 我们都不是吃半块饼干的人 |
[18:54] | Even though I really want to be. | 就算我真的很想成为那种人 |
[18:56] | Oh, pipe down. It’s not about you! | 闭嘴吧 这事跟你无关 |
[18:59] | Marjorie, Wendy’s being mean to me. | 玛乔丽 温蒂对我好刻薄 |
[19:03] | Okay, this may be your fault. | 这也许是你的错 |