时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m not angry. | 我不生气 |
[00:04] | I just don’t need a new car. | 我只是不需要新车 |
[00:06] | – I don’t want to fight. – I don’t either. | -我不想吵架 -我也是 |
[00:08] | Good, because I bought you the car. | 很好 因为我给你买了车 |
[00:10] | What? | 什么 |
[00:10] | I worked my ass off to get here! | 我辛辛苦苦[屁股]才来到法学院 |
[00:12] | And, yes, I said “Ass.” I was a stripper. | 对 我说了屁股 我曾是脱衣舞女 |
[00:14] | I don’t know why I keep bringing that up. | 我不知道我为什么一直提起 |
[00:18] | My law firm would like to offer youaw | 我的律所乐意在今年夏天 |
[00:19] | a paying position this summer. | 向你提供带薪工作 |
[00:21] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:24] | There are therapists who deal with this stuff for free. | 有些治疗师会免费治疗这种病 |
[00:27] | Wendy gave you that guy’s number. | 温蒂给过你那人的电话 |
[00:28] | Fine, I’ll go to a therapist. You happy? | 好吧 我会看治疗师 满意了吗 |
[00:31] | I’m sensing some resistance to your treating your ADD. | 我感觉你有些抗拒治疗 |
[00:34] | Is that what you’re sensing? | 你感觉好敏锐哦 |
[00:44] | That’s your third snooze. | 那是你第三次用贪睡功能了 |
[00:47] | Can you not talk? I’m trying to sleep. | 你能别说话吗 我在努力睡着 |
[00:50] | So am I, but some jerk’s alarm keeps going off. | 我也是 但某个混蛋的闹钟一直在响 |
[00:54] | I don’t have to move my car until 7:00. | 我七点才要挪车 |
[00:57] | Then why do I have to get up at 6:00? | 那我为什么得在六点起床 |
[00:59] | And 6:08? And 6:16? | 还有6:08 6:16 |
[01:03] | I need a slow transition from sleeping to wakefulness, | 我需要从睡眠到清醒的缓慢过渡 |
[01:06] | but I guess I’m not allowed to ask for my needs to be met. | 但我想我不能要求别人满足我的需求 |
[01:09] | Please, no therapy speak before coffee. | 拜托 喝咖啡前不要搞治疗师的那一套 |
[01:12] | Wow, Trevor says some people are threatened | 特雷弗说 有些人会将伴侣成长 |
[01:15] | by their partner’s growth. | 视为威胁 |
[01:17] | Trevor’s lucky. | 特雷弗很幸运 |
[01:17] | He only has to deal with you an hour a week. | 他每周只用跟你相处一小时 |
[01:21] | You know, your level of anger | 你的愤怒程度 |
[01:22] | is completely out of proportion to the situation, | 与目前的情况完全不相称 |
[01:24] | which leads me to believe that this is transference. | 我觉得你这其实是移情 |
[01:27] | What are you really angry about? | 你到底为什么事生气 |
[01:28] | I’m looking at it. | 我正看着她呢 |
[01:29] | Ooh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:30] | The correct answer is your mother. | 正确答案是你妈妈 |
[01:36] | Aw, look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[01:37] | Too excited about your new job to sleep? | 因为新工作而兴奋得睡不着觉吗 |
[01:40] | Yup, I can’t wait. | 是啊 我迫不及待了 |
[01:42] | I organized my briefcase. | 我整理好了我的公文包 |
[01:43] | I’ve got pencils, paper and a power bar for, | 我带了铅笔 纸 还有能量棒 |
[01:46] | you know, power. | 为了补充能量 |
[01:49] | – Good for you. – Yeah. | -真不错 -是啊 |
[01:51] | But I’ll probably get killed in a freak accident | 但我可能在到办公室之前 |
[01:52] | before I even get to the office. | 就死于一场事故 |
[01:54] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要这样说 |
[01:56] | Because that’s how my life works. | 因为我的生活就是这样 |
[01:57] | I’m starting a summer job at a big law firm. | 我在一家大律所开始暑期工作 |
[02:00] | This would totally be the day a plane drops out of the sky | 今天绝对会有一架飞机从天而降 |
[02:03] | and squishes me like a bug. | 像压虫子一样把我压扁 |
[02:06] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[02:06] | Well, I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[02:10] | But, hey, since you got time to kill, can you move my car? | 既然你要打发时间 你能帮我挪车吗 |
[02:13] | Your car is parked next to mine in the carport. | 你的车停在车库里 就在我的车旁边 |
[02:15] | That’s my new car. | 那是我的新车 |
[02:16] | My old car is parked two blocks away just past the house | 我的旧车停在两个街区外的那栋房子旁 |
[02:18] | with the scary old lady who stares out the window all day. | 里面有个可怕的老太太整天盯着窗外 |
[02:21] | That’s a woman? | 那是个女人吗 |
[02:22] | Yeah, I thought it was a man, too, | 是啊 我过去也以为那是男人 |
[02:23] | until the day the robe fell open. | 直到有天她的浴袍敞开了 |
[02:28] | Looking for falling planes? | 在找坠落的飞机吗 |
[02:31] | Yes, but it’s the one you don’t see that always gets you. | 是的 但压死你的飞机是你看不到的那架 |
[02:40] | Bonnie, turn off the damn alarm! | 邦妮 关掉该死的闹钟 |
[02:44] | Man, his mother screwed him up. | 他妈妈把他摧残得好惨 |
[03:10] | That’s the conference room. | 那是会议室 |
[03:12] | And here’s your office. | 这是你的办公室 |
[03:14] | I get my own office? | 我有自己的办公室吗 |
[03:16] | Well, you do have a roommate. | 你有个室友 |
[03:19] | Christy Plunkett, meet the MXM-753N. | 克丽丝蒂·普兰科特 这是MXM-753N打印机 |
[03:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:31] | Make 25 copies of this for the 11:00 meeting. | 把这个复印25份 11点的会议上要用 |
[03:34] | Do you want me to come to the meeting? | 你希望我参加会议吗 |
[03:35] | Yes. To drop off the copies. | 是啊 去分发复印件 |
[03:39] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[03:41] | Just a heads up: finger guns are considered | 提醒一下 我们这里认为手指枪 |
[03:43] | a micro-aggression around here. | 是微冒犯 |
[03:46] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[03:51] | So I have to move my car a few mornings a week. | 每周几个早晨我得挪车而已 |
[03:53] | Why does he have to make a federal case out of it? | 他为什么要这么小题大做 |
[03:56] | I think he’s just perpetuating his own victimhood. | 我认为他只是在延续自己的受害者身份 |
[04:00] | You do an amazing job at remembering therapy terms | 你对治疗术语记得很牢 |
[04:03] | and completely misusing them. | 但你完全是在误用 |
[04:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:08] | You’re also skilled at ignoring | 你也很擅长无视 |
[04:09] | the parts of what I say that you don’t want to hear. | 我的话中你不想听的部分 |
[04:12] | So many compliments today. | 今天好多表扬啊 |
[04:15] | Look, if I had an extra parking space for my old car, | 如果我有多余的车位停放我的旧车 |
[04:18] | I’d use it, but I don’t, and Adam should respect that. | 我会用的 但我没有 亚当应该尊重这点 |
[04:20] | You still have your old car? | 你的旧车还留着吗 |
[04:21] | And Adam should respect that. | 亚当应该尊重这点 |
[04:24] | Why are you hanging on to something | 你为什么要留着 |
[04:25] | that’s clearly causing you problems? | 明显给你带来了麻烦的东西 |
[04:27] | Uh, because I love him. | 因为我爱他 |
[04:34] | Uh, still talking about the car. | 我说的还是车 |
[04:39] | I find it interesting that for the first time in your life | 我觉得这很有意思 你这辈子头一回 |
[04:41] | you’ve got a new car, and yet you can’t let go of the old one. | 拥有了一辆新车 但你却无法卖掉旧车 |
[04:44] | It’s no big deal. I just haven’t gotten around | 这没什么大不了的 我只是还没时间 |
[04:46] | – to getting rid of it yet. – It’s been a month. | -卖掉它 -已经过去一个月了 |
[04:48] | Yeah, exactly, it’s only been a month. | 没错 才过去一个月 |
[04:49] | Or it’s been a whole month. | 已经整整一个月了 |
[04:53] | Why are you attacking me? | 你为什么要攻击我 |
[04:54] | Do I remind you of your mother? | 我让你想起了你妈妈吗 |
[04:58] | Procrastination is a common symptom of ADD. | 拖延是注意力缺陷障碍的典型症状 |
[05:00] | Boring me is a common symptom of you. | 让我无聊是你的典型症状 |
[05:03] | Your assignment this week is to get rid of that old car. | 你这周的任务是把那辆旧车卖掉 |
[05:06] | That is your only job. | 这是你唯一的任务 |
[05:08] | What about my regular job? | 那我的日常任务呢 |
[05:10] | Of course, do your regular job. | 当然要做日常任务 |
[05:12] | What about household chores? Do I have to do those? | 那家务活呢 我还得做吗 |
[05:15] | You’re being deliberately obtuse. | 你在故意装傻 |
[05:17] | Why are you angry? Is this transference? | 你为什么生气了 这是移情吗 |
[05:21] | I never should’ve taught you that word. | 我就不该教你那个词的 |
[05:26] | Wendy, could you please pass me the salt? | 温蒂 能把盐递给我吗 |
[05:29] | Better do it before she starts ranting | 赶紧吧 免得她开始抱怨 |
[05:30] | about her needs not being met. | 她的需要没有得到满足 |
[05:33] | That’s a little passive-aggressive, Jill. | 你有点消极攻击 吉尔 |
[05:35] | You know, Trevor says my friend group might be threatened | 特雷弗说过我的朋友们也许会将我的个人成长 |
[05:37] | by my personal growth. | 视为威胁 |
[05:38] | If we were still boozin’ it up, | 如果我们还在喝酒 |
[05:39] | “Trevor Says” would be a great drinking game. | “特雷弗说”会是个很棒的喝酒游戏 |
[05:43] | So hammered, so fast. | 我们会醉得很快 |
[05:45] | I don’t like everything Trevor says. | 特雷弗说的话我并不是每句都喜欢 |
[05:47] | This week, he actually gave me homework | 这周他实际上给我安排了家庭作业 |
[05:49] | because he thinks I procrastinate, | 因为他觉得我拖延 |
[05:50] | which is only because I have ADD. | 这只是因为我有注意力缺陷障碍 |
[05:52] | “Because I Have ADD” | “因为我有注意力缺陷障碍” |
[05:53] | would be another good drinking game. | 会是另一个很棒的喝酒游戏 |
[05:55] | We’d be dead. | 我们会喝死的 |
[05:58] | You don’t have to have ADD to procrastinate. | 没有注意力缺陷障碍也会拖延 |
[06:00] | I got a package meant for my neighbors at Christmas, | 圣诞节时我收到一个寄给邻居的包裹 |
[06:02] | and I still haven’t taken it over there. | 我现在还没送过去呢 |
[06:04] | That’s not so bad. | 那不算太糟糕 |
[06:05] | It’s been three years. | 已经过去三年了 |
[06:08] | I’ve been putting something off, too. | 我也在拖延一件事 |
[06:10] | I still haven’t listened to a voice mail Victor left me | 维克托在去世前几天给我语音留言了 |
[06:12] | a couple of days before he died. | 我现在还没听呢 |
[06:14] | Aw, that’s so sad. Don’t you want to hear his voice? | 真令人难过 你不想听他的声音吗 |
[06:17] | I don’t know. We had a hard day, | 我不知道 我们那天吵架了 |
[06:19] | and I’m afraid he was calling because he was mad at me, | 我害怕他打来电话只是对我发火 |
[06:22] | and I don’t want that to be the last thing I hear him say. | 我不希望那是我听到他说的最后一句话 |
[06:24] | Well, it’ll all get cleared up when you join him in heaven. | 你跟他一起上天堂后 误会都会消除的 |
[06:27] | Oh, my God, Bonnie. | 天啊 邦妮 |
[06:29] | What? It’s sweet. | 干嘛 这很有爱 |
[06:30] | I’m pretending to believe in heaven. | 我在假装相信有天堂这回事呢 |
[06:33] | I never procrastinate. | 我从不拖延 |
[06:35] | How is that possible? | 那怎么可能 |
[06:37] | I created a special calendar | 我建了一个特殊的日程表 |
[06:39] | where I list all the tasks I need to get done, | 列出了所有我得完成的任务 |
[06:41] | ranked by date, priority and my level of resistance. | 按日期 优先级和我的抵抗程度排序 |
[06:45] | I call it the Wen-dalendar. | 我称之为温蒂日程表 |
[06:49] | Well, that is so boring I want to Wen-dalen-die. | 那太无聊了 我都想”瘟得”死了 |
[06:55] | I love writing things down and checking them off. | 我喜欢写下任务 完成后打勾 |
[06:57] | Sometimes I write down things I’ve already done | 有时候我会写下我已经完成的任务 |
[06:59] | just so I can… | 就为了… |
[07:02] | Well, I’ve been bugging you | 我都唠叨六个月 |
[07:03] | to get a driver’s license for six months. | 让你去考驾照了 |
[07:05] | I’m a bit tired of being your chauffeur. | 我有点厌倦给你当司机了 |
[07:08] | I thought we decided we weren’t gonna talk about | 我们好像决定过不在大家面前 |
[07:09] | roommate stuff in front of the group. | 谈论室友的事 |
[07:11] | We never discussed that. | 我们从未讨论过 |
[07:14] | Well, we should. | 我们该聊一聊 |
[07:19] | Stranger. | 陌生人 |
[07:20] | How’s your fancy job? | 你的上流工作怎么样 |
[07:21] | Oh, it’s good. It’s good. | 挺好的 |
[07:24] | I mean, I can’t really talk about it | 我不能细聊 |
[07:25] | ’cause of attorney-client privilege. | 因为律师-当事人特权 |
[07:28] | Oh, I got so screwed on that once. | 我有次被这玩意儿坑惨了 |
[07:30] | I told this lawyer all these things I’d done, | 我告诉了一个律师我做过的所有事 |
[07:32] | and then he brought it all up in court, | 然后他在法庭上提起了这些事 |
[07:33] | which is when I learned it has to be your lawyer. | 这时候我才知道 得是你的律师才会保密 |
[07:37] | Bottom line, if they don’t sit at your table, | 总之 如果他们不坐你旁边 |
[07:39] | don’t tell them anything. | 什么都别告诉他们 |
[07:43] | Oh, that’s funny. | 真好笑 |
[07:44] | It reminds me of work, | 让我想起了工作时 |
[07:45] | where I also laugh all day with my legal colleagues. | 我也和律师同事笑一整天 |
[07:50] | I’m not buying it. | 我不信 |
[07:51] | Yeah, if you’re not complaining, you’re not Christy. | 如果你没在抱怨 那你就不是克丽丝蒂 |
[07:54] | That is so not true. | 才不是 |
[07:55] | Fine! My new job blows. I’m miserable. | 好吧 我的新工作很糟糕 我痛苦不堪 |
[07:59] | Hey, look, Christy has a drinking game. | 瞧 克丽丝蒂也有个喝酒游戏 |
[08:02] | I thought I was gonna have some real responsibility, | 我以为我会有一些真正的责任 |
[08:04] | but I’m just making copies. | 但我只是在复印文件 |
[08:06] | I hate my life. | 我讨厌我的生活 |
[08:14] | Well, I hope you’re happy! | 我希望你高兴了 |
[08:17] | I don’t think you mean that. | 你应该不是真心的 |
[08:20] | “Don’t hit the snooze,” You said. | 你说 别用贪睡功能 |
[08:22] | “Wake up right before you need to,” You said. | 你说 在需要起床之前就醒来 |
[08:24] | Well, because of you, I got a ticket. | 因为你 我收到了一张罚单 |
[08:26] | I think because of you, you got a ticket. | 我觉得你收到罚单是因为你自己 |
[08:28] | You’re the one that has two cars. | 是你有两辆车 |
[08:29] | Well, for your information, | 告诉你一声 |
[08:30] | I’ve decided to get rid of my old car. | 我决定卖掉旧车 |
[08:32] | I’ll believe it when I see it. | 我看到后就会信的 |
[08:34] | Well, get ready to see it, | 做好准备吧 |
[08:35] | because I’m gonna do it first thing today. | 因为我今天要做的第一件事就是卖车 |
[08:39] | Hi. I’m Bonnie Plunkett, your building manager. | 你好 我是邦妮·普兰科特 你的大楼管理员 |
[08:41] | Do you need anything repaired? Anything at all? | 你需要修什么东西吗 任何东西都行 |
[08:43] | Faucets, toilets? | 水龙头 马桶 |
[08:44] | Curious about how long anything is? | 你好奇家里的东西尺寸有多长吗 |
[08:49] | Thank you for squeezing me in | 谢谢你这么快 |
[08:51] | on such short notice. | 就给我安排上了 |
[08:55] | “Beef bourguignon, | 法式红酒炖牛肉 |
[08:56] | “Traditional French braised stew. | 传统的法国炖菜 |
[08:58] | Total time, six to eight hours.” | 总共需要花费六到八个小时 |
[09:00] | Well, let’s get at it. | 开工吧 |
[09:07] | I screwed up. I ordered chicken paillard, | 我搞砸了 我点了炙鸡肉 |
[09:09] | but it was supposed to be a hanger steak. | 但其实应该是腹肉牛排 |
[09:13] | It’s true. | 是的 |
[09:13] | After all these years, she’s still not good at this. | 干了这么多年后 她依然很不擅长 |
[09:17] | Please help me. | 求你帮帮我 |
[09:19] | That table may be my only decent tip of the night. | 那一桌可能是我今晚唯一过得去的小费 |
[09:21] | Oh. Well, that changes everything. | 那改变了一切 |
[09:23] | Uh, listen up, everyone. | 听好了 各位 |
[09:25] | Christy needs money. Let’s really pull together. | 克丽丝蒂需要钱 咱们齐心协力吧 |
[09:31] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:32] | The law firm that I’m working for | 我工作的那家律所 |
[09:34] | needs me to come in right now. | 要我立刻过去 |
[09:35] | “Big case, all hands on deck. | 大案子 需要所有人手 |
[09:37] | We need you ASAP.” | 我们需要你立刻赶来 |
[09:40] | Guys, I’m needed. | 各位 有人需要我 |
[09:42] | But you’re in the middle of poorly serving our customers. | 但你正在糟糕地服务我们的顾客中 |
[09:45] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[09:47] | I am gonna go do something with meaning, | 我要去做有意义的事 |
[09:49] | something important, | 重要的事 |
[09:50] | something that doesn’t involve sauce on the side, | 不需要旁边放酱汁的事 |
[09:52] | ’cause I am meant for greater things. | 因为本人注定要做大事 |
[09:54] | You can’t just leave. | 你不能走 |
[09:55] | Watch me. | 看着我 |
[10:01] | Well, that was worth watching. | 真值得看 |
[10:06] | – I came as fast as I could. – Don’t care. | -我尽快赶来了 -不在乎 |
[10:08] | We got thrown a curveball on the Hawkins trial. | 我们在霍金斯审判上遇到了麻烦 |
[10:10] | Probably gonna be an all-nighter. | 很可能会通宵加班 |
[10:12] | Do you need me to help draft a brief? | 你需要我帮忙起草申辩状吗 |
[10:14] | Research precedents? | 研究先前案例吗 |
[10:15] | We need you to pick up dinner. | 我们需要你取晚餐 |
[10:17] | – What? – Yeah, we already ordered | -什么 -是的 我们已经 |
[10:18] | from the boss’s favorite restaurant. | 在老板最爱的餐厅点过了 |
[10:31] | Is there a chance we could be adults about this? | 我们能像成年人一样处理这问题吗 |
[10:34] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[10:35] | This must be very humbling for you, | 这一定令你很羞辱 |
[10:38] | and so we’ve decided not to rub your nose in it. | 所以我们决定不火上浇油了 |
[10:41] | – Really? – No. Paul, the list. | -真的吗 -假的 保罗 稿子 |
[10:45] | We all kind of workshopped these together. | 这是我们一起写的 |
[10:48] | “Your life hasn’t changed that much, Counselor, | 你的人生没什么变化 律师 |
[10:50] | and here is exhibit A.” | 这是证据A |
[10:55] | “What case are you working on? Christy v. Dignity?” | 你在处理什么案子 克丽丝蒂没尊严案吗 |
[11:01] | That was Preston. | 这是普勒斯顿写的 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:05] | Oh, uh, buh-buh, one more. | 等等 再说一个 |
[11:08] | “Apparently Law & Order | 显然《法律与秩序》 |
[11:10] | means law and order dinner.” | 真正的意思是《法律与点餐》 |
[11:15] | Make all the jokes you want. | 随你们取笑 |
[11:17] | Nothing could make me feel worse about myself right now. | 现在没什么能让我感觉更糟了 |
[11:31] | I hate this place! | 我讨厌这里 |
[11:41] | I have one thing to do yesterday: | 我昨天只有一件事要做 |
[11:43] | get rid of my old car. But did I? No. | 卖掉旧车 我做到了吗 没有 |
[11:46] | I did a bunch of things I didn’t want to do instead. | 我做了一大堆我不想做的事 |
[11:48] | I even texted Wendy just to say, “What’s up?” | 我甚至给温蒂发短信问好 |
[11:52] | Oh, that’s why. | 原来如此 |
[11:55] | Guess my only comfort is knowing | 我唯一的安慰是知道 |
[11:56] | you guys are struggling with procrastination, too. | 你们也在被拖延症困扰 |
[11:59] | I got my license! | 我拿到驾照了 |
[12:01] | And I had a blast at the DMV. | 而且我在机动车驾驶管理处很开心 |
[12:03] | Everyone’s so friendly and outgoing. | 所有人都很友好和外向 |
[12:06] | Plus, you get to go to all those fun stations. | 而且你还能去各种有趣的摊位 |
[12:08] | Eye test. Pop quiz. Photo shoot. | 视力测试 抽查测验 拍照 |
[12:12] | I have never taken a better picture. | 我从没拍过比这更好的照片 |
[12:13] | The angle, the lighting. | 角度 光照 |
[12:15] | Walter took so much time. | 沃尔特弄了很久 |
[12:20] | So, I’m handing my neighbor her package. Apology, apology. | 所以我把包裹给了邻居 道歉又道歉 |
[12:23] | And she’s got this scowl on her face, | 她皱着眉头 |
[12:25] | and I’m thinking, “That’s a lot of attitude | 我心想 作为一个从香蕉共和国 |
[12:26] | for somebody who orders from Banana Republic.” | 订东西的人 她脾气也太大了 |
[12:29] | But turns out she’s a dermatologist, | 但原来她是个皮肤科医生 |
[12:31] | and she’s eying this suspicious freckle on my arm. | 她在检查我胳膊上的可疑斑点 |
[12:34] | Get this. It was precancerous. | 听好了 那是癌症前期 |
[12:37] | Not procrastinating saved my life. | 不拖延救了我的命 |
[12:39] | Last night, I finally sat down with Victor’s message. | 昨晚 我终于坐下听了维克托的语音 |
[12:43] | And guess what. It was a butt-dial. | 你们猜怎么着 那是屁股误拨 |
[12:46] | Yeah. I listened to three minutes | 是的 我听了三分钟 |
[12:47] | of him rustling around, and then at the very end, | 他的摩挲声 然后在最后 |
[12:52] | I heard him ask his caregiver to put him in a clean shirt | 我听见他让护理者给他穿上干净的衣服 |
[12:56] | so he’d look nice when I got home. | 这样我回家时能看到他的好形象 |
[13:00] | Gonna keep that message forever. | 我会永远存下那段语音 |
[13:03] | Well, this is a load of crap! | 真扯淡 |
[13:08] | I’ve been eating my hot dog with just mustard my whole life, | 我一辈子吃热狗都只加芥末 |
[13:11] | but therapy has openede up to trying new things. | 但治疗让我愿意尝试新事物 |
[13:13] | So if you’re smelling onions on my breath, | 如果你闻到我有洋葱口气 |
[13:15] | it’s really the smell of growth. | 那其实是成长的口气 |
[13:18] | That’s fascinating. | 真有趣 |
[13:19] | But what I asked you is, “Did you sell the car?” | 但我的问题是 你卖车了吗 |
[13:23] | All right, I didn’t sell it yet, | 好吧 我还没卖 |
[13:24] | but only because I had a lot going on. | 但那只是因为我事多 |
[13:26] | I am busy, very busy. I’m a very busy woman. | 我很忙 非常忙 我是个大忙人 |
[13:28] | Write that down. “Very busy woman.” | 写下来 大忙人 |
[13:31] | I think there’s more to it than that. | 我觉得不仅如此 |
[13:32] | I think you’re deeply attached to your car, | 我觉得你与车有很深的感情 |
[13:34] | and you’ll never get rid of it unless you admit that. | 只要你不承认 你就永远卖不掉 |
[13:37] | I’m gonna be honest with you, Trevor. | 我要和你说实话 特雷弗 |
[13:39] | The sweater vest is not your most flattering look. | 你穿毛衣背心并不好看 |
[13:44] | I don’t even like the car. It’s loud. It’s unreliable. | 我都不喜欢那辆车 噪音大 不靠谱 |
[13:47] | People are amazed it runs at all. | 它能动起来都令人们惊讶 |
[13:49] | Why would I have an emotional attachment to that hunk of junk? | 我怎么会和那坨废物有感情 |
[13:52] | Because, on some level, that hunk of junk is you. | 因为从某种角度来说 那坨废物就是你 |
[13:55] | Geez, sorry about the vest comment. | 天啊 抱歉我说背心不好看 |
[13:58] | Classic transference. | 经典移情 |
[14:00] | Still not what it means. | 依然没用对 |
[14:03] | We’ll see. | 走着瞧 |
[14:06] | Bonnie, you have changed so much over the last few years. | 邦妮 你在过去几年变化很大 |
[14:09] | You got sober, you’re getting married, | 你戒瘾了 你要结婚了 |
[14:11] | you’re dealing with your ADD. | 你在处理注意力缺陷障碍 |
[14:13] | That’s a lot, and it’s scary | 这很了不起 也很可怕 |
[14:18] | Getting rid of that old car is like getting rid of the old you. | 卖掉旧车 就像放弃过去的自己 |
[14:21] | Or I was busy. You’d remember that if you’d written it down. | 或者是因为我忙 如果你写下就记得了 |
[14:26] | Okay, what’s the first step we need to take to sell the car? | 好吧 卖车的第一步是什么 |
[14:29] | Put an ad on Craigslist, I guess. | 在二手网站上打广告 我猜吧 |
[14:31] | Great. Why don’t you do that right now? | 很好 你为什么不立刻打 |
[14:33] | I wish I could, but, uh, unfortunately, | 我希望我可以 但很不幸 |
[14:35] | we are out of time. | 治疗时间到了 |
[14:37] | Only I get to say that. | 这话只有我能说 |
[14:39] | And if you’re really seeing a watch on your wrist, | 如果你真的看到手腕上有表 |
[14:41] | we’ve got bigger problems than your car. | 那我们的问题比车大多了 |
[14:44] | I don’t want to do this right now, okay? I just don’t want to. | 我不想立刻这样做 好吗 我就是不想做 |
[14:47] | You don’t have to do it alone. I’ll be right here. | 你不必独自做 我在这里陪着你 |
[14:51] | I got to write a whole ad. I can’t do it on my phone. | 我必须写一整篇广告 手机上写不了 |
[14:53] | Well, why don’t we use my laptop? | 你可以用我的笔记本 |
[14:55] | “I’m Trevor. I have a vest and a laptop.” | 我是特雷弗 我有背心和笔记本 |
[15:04] | Patient files aren’t on there. | 病人档案不在上面 |
[15:07] | No, but a hilarious picture of you riding a camel is. | 没错 但你骑骆驼的搞笑照片在上面 |
[15:11] | Okay, close that. | 好吧 关上 |
[15:12] | And send. | 发送 |
[15:17] | You win this round. | 这轮你赢了 |
[15:20] | And camels are scary. | 骆驼很吓人 |
[15:21] | A lot of people make that face. | 许多人都会做那个表情 |
[15:34] | Oh. Hey, hey, hey, Russell, do you have a minute? | 罗素 你有空吗 |
[15:37] | – No. – I was just reading through the brief. | -没 -我刚在读申辩书 |
[15:39] | Well, your job is to copy it, not to read it. | 你的工作是复印 不是读 |
[15:42] | Yes, and they are almost done. | 是的 快复印好了 |
[15:45] | But-but I was just wondering | 但我只是好奇 |
[15:46] | why you didn’t cite Washington v. Shafer. | 你为什么不引用华盛顿诉沙佛案 |
[15:49] | That’s because that case is, um… | 因为那案子… |
[15:53] | What’s that case? | 那案子是什么 |
[15:55] | Well, in a nutshell, the judge ruled | 简单来说 法官裁定 |
[15:58] | prior criminal acts could be admissible | 前科是可以被接受的 |
[16:00] | if the similarity to the current case provides the jury | 前提是与当前案件的相似性让陪审团 |
[16:03] | with a clearer understanding of the evidence before them. | 能更清晰地理解呈堂证供 |
[16:07] | That’s a fantastic idea, Christy. Great job. | 真是个好点子 克丽丝蒂 好样的 |
[16:11] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[16:12] | Oh, my God, thank you. | 天啊 谢谢 |
[16:17] | Guys, it just hit me in the bathroom. | 各位 我在厕所里突发奇想 |
[16:19] | We should cite Washington v. Shafer. | 我们应该引用华盛顿诉沙佛案 |
[16:26] | Lot of memories in this car. | 在这辆车里有很多回忆 |
[16:29] | I’m really glad it’s going to such a nice kid. | 我很高兴它能找到这么好的新主人 |
[16:31] | Thanks. It’s perfect. | 谢谢 很完美 |
[16:33] | Well, drive it in good health. | 祝你开车时身体康健 |
[16:35] | Oh, I’m not gonna drive it. | 我不会开 |
[16:36] | I’m gonna push it off a cliff for my student film. | 我会把它推下悬崖来拍学生电影 |
[16:41] | What? | 什么 |
[16:42] | Uh, it’s his car now, Bonnie. | 这现在是他的车了 邦妮 |
[16:44] | But he’s gonna murder it. Uh, give me the keys. | 但他会谋杀它 钥匙还我 |
[16:46] | – No deal. – What? Why? | -不成交 -什么 为什么 |
[16:48] | Just take your man bun and go do some hot yoga. | 带着你的丸子头去做热瑜伽吧 |
[16:53] | Dude, give her back the keys. | 哥们 钥匙还她 |
[16:54] | It’s only gonna get worse. | 不然情况只会变得更糟 |
[16:57] | Fine. I’ll just use my dad’s car. | 好吧 我用我爸的车 |
[17:03] | What the hell was that? | 那是怎么回事 |
[17:04] | Didn’t you hear him? He was gonna push me off a cliff. | 你没听见吗 他要把我推下悬崖 |
[17:07] | Okay, I’m used to a certain level of Bonnie around here, | 好吧 我在家里习惯了一定程度的邦妮 |
[17:09] | but you’re being even Bonnier than usual. | 但你今天比以往更邦妮 |
[17:12] | I guess, uh, it’s possible | 我猜有可能 |
[17:14] | I-I don’t want the car to end up in a ball of fire | 我不想让车变成一团火球 |
[17:18] | because I’m attached to it. | 是因为我对它有感情 |
[17:21] | That car kind of represents who I used to be, | 那辆车代表了过去的我 |
[17:24] | and I’m…’m having trouble letting her go. | 我很难放弃它 |
[17:29] | Is that what Trevor says? | 这是特雷弗说的吗 |
[17:30] | Trevor and I don’t talk about my car. | 特雷弗和我不谈车 |
[17:32] | We talk about you, and how you need | 我们谈的是你 以及你需要 |
[17:34] | to make more of an effort in several different areas. | 在很多方面做出改进 |
[17:48] | Well, I don’t know why, but I think I might have tomato soup. | 我不知道为什么 但我可能会点番茄汤 |
[17:53] | I don’t care what you say. | 我不在乎你们怎么说 |
[17:55] | My dermatologist neighbor’s now my new bestie, | 我的皮肤科医生邻居现在是我的新闺蜜 |
[17:57] | and I got a $1,200 peel for free. | 我免费做了1200美元的净肤 |
[18:00] | How long are you gonna look like that? | 你要这个样子多久 |
[18:02] | Couple of days. Then it’s gonna get real crusty, | 几天 然后会变得很脆 |
[18:05] | then it’s gonna start flaking off, | 然后会开始脱落 |
[18:06] | but then I’m gonna look a whole three months younger. | 然后我会年轻三个月 |
[18:14] | Ah, great news. | 好消息 |
[18:16] | This guy stole my idea at work today. | 有个人今天在律所偷了我的点子 |
[18:19] | I’ve never actually had a job, | 我从没上过班 |
[18:20] | but that does not sound like a win. | 但这听起来不像好事 |
[18:23] | I’ve only finished one year of law school, | 我法学院毕业才一年 |
[18:25] | and my ideas are already good enough to steal by professional lawyers! | 我的点子已经值得专业律师偷了 |
[18:29] | So you’re just gonna let him get away with it? | 你打算就这样放过他吗 |
[18:30] | Yes. I am taking the high road. | 是的 我要走阳关道 |
[18:33] | Also, revenge might be seen as a microaggression. | 而且报复可能会被当成微冒犯 |
[18:37] | You came to that all on your own? I’m impressed. | 你一个人想出来的吗 我印象深刻 |
[18:40] | Yeah, so am I. | 是的 我也是 |
[18:41] | I guess that’s what happens if you stay sober. | 我猜戒瘾就会有这个结果 |
[18:43] | If it happened to me, I would’ve broke into the guy’s car | 如果这发生在我身上 我会撬开那人的车 |
[18:45] | and filled his trunk full of rotting fish. | 在他的后备箱里倒满死鱼 |
[18:48] | Really? You’d do that? | 真的吗 你会那样做 |
[18:49] | Yeah. If you want, I’ll do it for you. | 是的 如果你想 我可以为你做 |
[18:50] | I’d do it for any of you. I got a fish guy and everything. | 我会为你们任何人做 我认识卖鱼的人 |
[18:55] | – Hey, Tammy, you got a dollar? – What? | -塔米 你有一美元吗 -什么 |
[18:58] | – Just give me a dollar. – Okay. | -给我一美元 -好 |
[19:01] | Congratulations. You just bought a car. | 恭喜 你刚买了辆车 |
[19:04] | What? | 什么 |
[19:05] | I just sold you my old car. | 我刚把旧车卖你了 |
[19:06] | Are you serious? Bonnie, why would you do that? | 你是认真的吗 邦妮 你为什么这样做 |
[19:08] | Because I know you won’t push me off a cliff. | 因为我知道你不会推我下悬崖 |
[19:11] | You’re right, I won’t! Thank you! | 你说得对 我不会 谢谢 |
[19:14] | I’m gonna cry. | 我要哭了 |
[19:16] | I would, too, but I’m afraid it would burn. | 我也想哭 但我怕烧得慌 |
[19:19] | The best part is I get to go to my therapist | 最棒的部分是 我可以去找心理治疗师 |
[19:21] | and tell him to suck it. | 让他吃瘪 |
[19:24] | Just curious. What kind of fish would you use? | 我有点好奇 你会用哪种鱼 |
[19:33] | I’m pleased things work out with the car. | 我很高兴车的事解决了 |
[19:35] | Sounds like you found the perfect place for it. | 听起来你找到了它完美的归宿 |
[19:36] | I did. Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone. | 是的 感谢你强迫我走出舒适区 |
[19:39] | I feel like I accomplished something. | 我觉得我完成了某种成就 |
[19:41] | You did, and you should be proud of yourself. | 你完成了 你应该感到自豪 |
[19:43] | Now you can take that momentum | 你可以顺着这个劲头 |
[19:45] | and use it on anything else that you’ve been avoiding. | 解决其他你一直在逃避的问题 |
[19:47] | I’ll see you next week. | 下周见 |
[19:49] | There is one thing I’ve been putting off | 有一件我在逃避的事 |
[19:52] | that I really want to do. | 我一直都很想做 |
[19:59] | Bonnie, this goes against every ethical… | 邦妮 这违反了所有道德… |
[20:03] | Oh, screw it. | 去他的 |
[20:11] | Oh, that’s transference. | 这才叫移情啊 |