时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I need some advice. | 我需要一些建议 |
[00:03] | About what? | 关于什么的 |
[00:04] | Doesn’t matter, just go. | 无所谓 快说吧 |
[00:07] | Never play poker with a man named after a city. | 永远不要和以城市为名字的男人打扑克 |
[00:10] | Where were you 25 years ago | 25年前托莱多·托尼 |
[00:11] | when Toledo Tony cleaned me out? | 赢光我的钱时你怎么不在 |
[00:14] | You know, it helps if you’re more specific about these things. | 你说得更具体一些会很有帮助 |
[00:17] | Okay, fine. There is something that’s been driving me crazy forever, | 好吧 确实有件事一直让我抓狂 |
[00:20] | and I haven’t complained about it because, | 我没提过是因为 |
[00:22] | you know, healthy, bigger, better person. | 我是个健康 强大 优秀的人 |
[00:24] | But my husband owns a bar and I’m a recovering alcoholic. | 但我丈夫有个酒吧 而我是个正在戒酒的酒瘾者 |
[00:28] | And here’s his non-alcoholic drink menu: | 他的无酒精酒单上面有 |
[00:31] | coffee, water and lemonade from a powder. | 咖啡 水 速溶柠檬水 |
[00:34] | And yes, that’s a real menu. | 对 这是个真酒单 |
[00:36] | He actually printed that up. | 他真的印了出来 |
[00:38] | So here’s what I need to know from you: | 所以我想问问你 |
[00:40] | why doesn’t he love me? | 他为什么不爱我 |
[00:43] | Evel Knievel | 飞车手 |
[00:44] | couldn’t make the leap you just did. | 都没你思维这么跳跃 |
[00:46] | It’s not a leap. | 这不是思维跳跃 |
[00:48] | Why can’t he put some thought into it? | 他为什么不能上点心呢 |
[00:49] | Why don’t you put some thought into it? | 你为什么不能上点心呢 |
[00:50] | Why don’t you put some thought into it? | 你为什么不能上点心呢 |
[00:53] | You’re a creative person, | 你是个有创意的人 |
[00:55] | you certainly have some experience with drinking, | 你显然在酒方面颇有经验 |
[00:57] | why don’t you come up with something | 你为什么不想出一些饮料 |
[00:58] | and see if he’ll put it on the menu? | 看看能否让他放在单子上呢 |
[01:00] | Well, when you decide to give up therapy, | 等你放弃了心理治疗后 |
[01:02] | might I suggest Girl Scouts leader? | 我建议你去当女童子军队长 |
[01:04] | Someday, I’m gonna write a paper on you. | 总有一天我会拿你写篇论文的 |
[01:07] | But not until I’m ready to be famous. | 但要等我准备好出名了才行 |
[01:10] | You’re cranky. Does that mean | 你真暴躁 这是不是说 |
[01:11] | you’re still not having sex with anyone? | 你依然没跟任何人上床 |
[01:14] | I have a person I speak to about these things, | 这种事我会专门找人倾诉 |
[01:16] | and it’s not you. | 而那个人不是你 |
[01:18] | Wait. You have a therapist? | 等等 你有心理医生吗 |
[01:20] | All therapists have therapists. | 所有心理医生都有心理医生 |
[01:22] | So if you have a therapist and your therapist | 如果你有心理医生 而你的心理医生 |
[01:24] | has a therapist and that therapist has a therapist, | 也有心理医生 那个心理医生也有心理医生 |
[01:27] | that means everybody in the world has a therapist, | 这意味着全世界的人都有心理医生 |
[01:29] | and that means that I will be someone’s therapist, | 这意味着我也是某人的心理医生 |
[01:31] | so you should really be paying me. | 所以你应该给我付钱 |
[01:35] | How am I the one who’s still single? | 凭什么单身的人是我啊 |
[01:38] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[01:48] | I’ve got carrot, beet, turmeric for Jill. | 吉尔的胡萝卜 甜菜 姜黄汁 |
[01:50] | Oh, that’s me. | 我的 |
[01:53] | Trevor? | 特雷弗 |
[01:54] | Hey, Jill. | 你好 吉尔 |
[01:55] | Oh, God, why now? | 天啊 为什么是现在 |
[01:59] | Hey! | 你好 |
[02:01] | Oh, pardon my appearance. | 抱歉我蓬头垢面 |
[02:02] | I just… I just ran five miles. | 我刚跑了五英里 |
[02:04] | Oh, what a coinky-dink– I just ran six. | 真巧 我刚跑了六英里 |
[02:07] | Really? Did a professional makeup artist run alongside you? | 真的吗 有个专业化妆师陪你一起跑吗 |
[02:11] | Oh, aren’t you sweet? | 你嘴真甜 |
[02:13] | So how you been? | 你最近好吗 |
[02:14] | Good, good. Yeah, in fact, | 很好 实际上 |
[02:17] | I was thinking about you last week. | 我上周还想到你了 |
[02:18] | Do tell. | 说来听听 |
[02:19] | Well, my allergies flared up. | 我的过敏症突然发作了 |
[02:22] | And, uh, it was just a lot of sneezing. | 不停地打喷嚏 |
[02:26] | Really moist. | 鼻泪横流 |
[02:26] | And the Kleenex box cover that you gave me, | 你送我的那个纸巾盒 |
[02:29] | uh, really turned it into a positive experience. | 让那段经历好受多了 |
[02:33] | Oh, and here I thought the only people | 我还以为只有你的病人 |
[02:34] | would be using that was your patients. | 才会用那个纸巾盒 |
[02:36] | No, my nose is constantly running. | 不 我老是流鼻涕 |
[02:39] | I ruin a lot of sleeves. | 我弄脏了很多袖子 |
[02:42] | Hey, how about we change the subject? | 我们换换话题怎么样 |
[02:43] | Kale smoothie with lady boost for Trevor? | 特雷弗的女士提神甘蓝奶昔 |
[02:46] | Subject changed. | 话题已换 |
[02:49] | I’m low in iron and folic acid. | 我缺铁和叶酸 |
[02:51] | Why should you gals have all the fun, huh? | 为什么让你们女孩独享所有乐趣 |
[02:54] | Well, your secret’s safe with me. | 我会保守你的秘密 |
[02:56] | It’s funny, ’cause I’m usually the one keeping the secrets. | 真好笑 通常保守秘密的人是我 |
[03:00] | ‘Cause of my work. | 因为我的职业 |
[03:01] | Oh, you must have some good ones. | 你一定有很多劲爆秘密 |
[03:03] | Oh, I really do. | 我真的有哦 |
[03:07] | Oh, you want me to tell you. | 你想要我告诉你啊 |
[03:09] | No, I can’t do that. | 我不能这样做 |
[03:10] | Although I would be way more fun at parties if I could. | 但如果我能 我在派对上一定有趣多了 |
[03:16] | Well, I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[03:18] | I was just about to say that. | 我正要这样说呢 |
[03:20] | – Sure you were. – No, no, no, really. | -当然了 -不不不 真的 |
[03:21] | I-I say that all the time. | 我经常这样说 |
[03:23] | Here, allow me. | 我来开 |
[03:26] | It’s the other push. | 应该往里拉 |
[03:29] | There’s that lady boost kicking in. | 女士提神有效果了 |
[03:32] | Just don’t burst into tears on me. | 但别突然冲着我哭哦 |
[03:37] | Okay, mocktail number one. | 好 1号无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[03:39] | This one has cold brew coffee, a little maple syrup, | 配料有冷萃咖啡 一点枫糖浆 |
[03:42] | vanilla bean and grated cinnamon. | 香草豆荚和肉桂碎 |
[03:43] | That sounds great. | 听起来很棒 |
[03:44] | Oh, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[03:47] | Oh, I love that sound. | 我喜欢这声音 |
[03:49] | Remember whip-its? | 还记得奶油喷枪吗 |
[03:51] | Neither do I– they kill a lot of brain cells. | 我也不记得了 那玩意儿太杀脑细胞了 |
[03:56] | Bonnie, this is terrific. | 邦妮 太好喝了 |
[04:02] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[04:05] | Okay, that’s a thumbs up on Sunday Funday. | 好 “周日快乐”获得了表扬 |
[04:08] | Next we have the Sparkly Pony. | 接下来是”闪亮小马” |
[04:12] | Smells a little weird. | 闻起来有点怪 |
[04:13] | Awfully picky for someone | 作为一个以前喝马桶红酒的人 |
[04:14] | who used to drink toilet wine. | 你还真挑剔呀 |
[04:17] | Please note the edible glitter on the rim. | 请注意到边缘的可食用亮片 |
[04:21] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[04:22] | So do I, but I’m much too manly to admit it. | 我也喜欢 但我是个爷们 不好意思承认 |
[04:26] | Yeah, you are. | 你当然是了 |
[04:27] | You got a little glitter on your lip. | 你嘴唇上有点亮片 |
[04:31] | Two for two. | 两个都受到好评 |
[04:33] | This one… I call | 这个我称为 |
[04:35] | the Wishbone. | “许愿骨” |
[04:36] | Taste it before I tell you what’s in it, | 先尝尝 然后我再说配料 |
[04:38] | but I’m pretty sure this is the home run. | 但我很确定这个饮品超赞 |
[04:43] | What the hell? | 什么鬼东西 |
[04:44] | That is nasty! | 太难喝了 |
[04:47] | Maybe I put in too much turkey broth. | 也许我火鸡汤放太多了 |
[04:48] | What?! | 什么 |
[04:49] | It’s a riff on Thanksgiving. | 这是在致敬感恩节 |
[04:50] | There’s broth, cranberry juice, | 有肉汤 红莓汁 |
[04:52] | sage and muddled pumpkin. | 鼠尾草和南瓜酱 |
[04:54] | I think you’ve got a muddled pumpkin. | 我看你脑子才是南瓜酱呢 |
[04:56] | If you don’t fly close to the sun, | 如果你不飞得离太阳近点 |
[04:57] | you’ll never get there. | 你永远也到不了那里 |
[04:59] | Well, you’re two-thirds of a whacked-out genius, | 你是个三分之二的天才 |
[05:01] | ’cause those are great. | 因为那两杯很棒 |
[05:02] | Seriously, keep going and we’ll have a whole menu. | 说真的 继续加油 我们会填满酒单的 |
[05:04] | – You mean it? – Yeah, just nothing else meat-based. | -你是认真的吗 -是的 但别加任何肉了 |
[05:07] | Aw, so that’s a no on the bacon gimlet. | 所以培根琴蕾也不行了 |
[05:09] | Actually, I’d like to try that. | 实际上 我想尝尝 |
[05:10] | It’s called the Piglet. | 我称之为”猪崽” |
[05:12] | Make it right now. | 立刻给我调 |
[05:15] | This is nice. | 真不错 |
[05:16] | We never have lunch, just the two of us. | 我们俩从来没有单独吃过午餐 |
[05:18] | It is nice. | 的确不错 |
[05:20] | I have a problem. | 我有个问题 |
[05:22] | I had a feeling. | 我早有预感 |
[05:23] | You know how sometimes you think you shouldn’t do something, | 你知道有时候你不该做某事 |
[05:25] | but the universe is telling you that you should? | 但上天在告诉你 你应该做吗 |
[05:27] | Isn’t it smarter just to listen to the universe? | 听老天的难道不是更聪明的做法吗 |
[05:30] | How about you listen to what’s in your heart? | 你听从自己的内心怎么样 |
[05:32] | Yeah, well, my heart says it wants me | 我的内心说我应该 |
[05:34] | to go out with Bonnie’s therapist. | 和邦妮的心理医生约会 |
[05:37] | Your heart is out of its mind. | 你的内心疯了 |
[05:40] | Didn’t Bonnie make it very clear | 邦妮不是说得很清楚 |
[05:41] | that she’s not comfortable with that? | 她无法接受那种情况吗 |
[05:43] | Yeah, but I ran into him at my juice place the other day, | 是的 但前两天我在我常去的蔬果汁店遇到了他 |
[05:46] | and he was sweaty and kind of goofy, | 他一身汗 有点憨 |
[05:49] | but for some reason, I can’t stop thinking about him. | 但因为某种原因 我总是对他难以忘怀 |
[05:52] | I had a BLT yesterday I can’t stop thinking about. | 我昨天吃了块培根三明治还难以忘怀呢 |
[05:55] | Doesn’t mean I should date it. | 这不意味着我就要和它约会 |
[05:57] | Taylor, what do you think? | 泰勒 你怎么想 |
[05:58] | I think Bonnie needs a therapist more than you need a man. | 我认为比起你需要男人 邦妮更需要心理医生 |
[06:00] | Now would you two order already? | 现在你俩能抓紧点餐了吗 |
[06:04] | Bonnie Plunkett is ruining my life. | 邦妮·普兰科特毁了我的生活 |
[06:08] | How so this week? | 这周又怎么了 |
[06:10] | Keeping in mind that our session is only 90 minutes. | 别忘了我们的疗程只有90分钟 |
[06:13] | The planets have aligned for me | 我最近受到了上天 |
[06:16] | in a way they never have before. | 前所未有的眷顾 |
[06:17] | A lovely, sophisticated, kind, generous woman | 一个可爱 成熟 善良 大方的女人 |
[06:21] | has taken a liking to me, but I can’t pursue it | 对我有了好感 但我不能追求她 |
[06:23] | because she’s Bonnie’s friend. | 因为她是邦妮的朋友 |
[06:25] | It’s a clear ethical violation. | 这是明显的违反职业道德 |
[06:27] | But she’s so hot! | 但她特性感 |
[06:30] | You didn’t mention “Hot.” | 你刚没提到”性感” |
[06:32] | But no. | 但不行 |
[06:34] | But no one like her has ever been attracted to me before. | 但从来没有她这样的女人喜欢过我 |
[06:37] | She was definitely head cheerleader. | 她显然曾是明星啦啦队员 |
[06:39] | My only friend was a gifted ten-year-old | 我唯一的朋友是一个上了一大堆 |
[06:41] | taking a bunch of AP classes. | 先修班的十岁天才儿童 |
[06:45] | You’re angry. | 你很愤怒 |
[06:46] | He was my only friend. | 他是我唯一的朋友 |
[06:48] | I wasn’t his. | 但我不是他唯一的朋友 |
[06:51] | I mean because you feel like you don’t have choices. | 因为你感觉自己别无选择 |
[06:54] | I don’t. | 我是没有选择 |
[06:55] | But you do. | 但你有 |
[06:58] | You could choose to take this as a positive affirmation | 你可以选择把这看成是你对女性 |
[07:01] | of your appeal to the fairer sex and move on. | 具有吸引力的正面肯定 然后翻篇 |
[07:05] | Or you can choose the cheerleader, | 或者你可以选择那个啦啦队员 |
[07:07] | quit your job and blow your life up. | 辞掉工作 毁掉人生 |
[07:10] | You know I’m not gonna do that. | 你知道我不会那样做的 |
[07:13] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[07:14] | Because I really care about my work | 因为我真心在乎我的工作 |
[07:17] | and the people that I treat. | 还有我治疗的病人 |
[07:20] | Including Bonnie Plunkett. | 包括邦妮·普兰科特 |
[07:22] | Which is why you’re choosing not to date her friend. | 所以你会选择不和她的朋友约会 |
[07:25] | As long as Bonnie’s your patient, | 只要邦妮依然是你的病人 |
[07:27] | it’s completely off the table. | 这件事就绝无可能 |
[07:28] | She’s gonna be my patient forever. | 她会永远当我的病人的 |
[07:31] | We all have one of those. | 我们都有一个那样的病人 |
[07:35] | Hey! | 喂 |
[07:38] | Adam put the new drinks on the menu right away. | 亚当立刻把新饮品放在了酒单上 |
[07:41] | And people love them. They’re a hit. | 人们很喜欢它们 它们火了 |
[07:43] | And that makes me feel like people love me and I’m a hit. | 这让我觉得人们也爱我 我也火了 |
[07:46] | And you know who I have to thank for that? | 你知道我该感谢谁吗 |
[07:48] | Me. | 我自己 |
[07:51] | I’m the one who said I need to find a new purpose in life. | 是我自己说我要找到人生的新目标 |
[07:55] | God, I felt so stuck | 天啊 我初次来这里时 |
[07:57] | when I first came here, and now I’m so productive. | 感觉自己如陷泥潭 看看现在我多能干 |
[08:00] | I’m so happy for you, Bonnie. | 我真为你开心 邦妮 |
[08:01] | Well, hang onto your happiness hat, | 别急着开心 |
[08:03] | ’cause you may be out $35 a week. | 因为你每周可能会少赚35美元 |
[08:06] | What? | 什么 |
[08:06] | I don’t think I need therapy anymore. | 我觉得我不再需要心理治疗了 |
[08:10] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[08:12] | I’m serious– I just needed a little confidence. | 我是认真的 我只是需要一点自信 |
[08:14] | And now there’s nothing stopping me. | 现在没什么能阻止我了 |
[08:16] | I can feel in my bones my career is on the way. | 我骨子里都能感觉到 我的事业要起步了 |
[08:19] | And I’m gonna grab it and have a meteoric rise. | 我要抓住机会 一飞冲天 |
[08:21] | And, you know, Adam is gonna be so proud of me | 当他们把我的无酒精鸡尾酒装瓶 |
[08:23] | when they’re bottling my mocktails | 放在超市卖时 |
[08:24] | and selling them in supermarkets. | 亚当会很为我骄傲的 |
[08:26] | Until he starts resenting me for outshining him, | 然后他会因为我风头盖过他而恨我 |
[08:28] | which is ridiculous because I’ve done nothing | 这非常荒谬 因为我一直以来 |
[08:30] | but show up for him and his bar, | 都无条件地支持他和他的酒吧 |
[08:32] | but now that I make more money than he does, I’m the enemy? | 现在我赚的钱比他多了 我就成了敌人吗 |
[08:34] | Because I’ll just be reminding him of his personal failures. | 因为我只会让他想起自己的失败 |
[08:37] | And he won’t be able to take it, so he’ll leave. | 而他无法承受 于是决定离开 |
[08:39] | And without him, I’m lost and alone | 没有了他 我孤独而迷失 |
[08:40] | and I’ll never be happy again. | 再也不会幸福了 |
[08:43] | I think I need to come twice a week. | 我觉得我还是每周来两次吧 |
[08:47] | How’s Thursday? | 周四怎么样 |
[08:48] | I can’t do Thursday. | 我周四没空 |
[09:04] | Spinach, cucumber, cayenne pepper. | 菠菜 黄瓜 卡宴辣椒汁 |
[09:06] | And, no, I did not just have one. | 不 我没有已经喝了一杯 |
[09:08] | Jill. | 吉尔 |
[09:09] | What? | 什么 |
[09:12] | Twice in one week. | 一周碰到两次 |
[09:14] | What are the odds? | 真巧啊 |
[09:15] | I minored in statistics– they’re very low. | 我选修的是统计学 概率的确很小 |
[09:18] | Ah, well, we got to stop bumping into each other like this. | 我们不能再这样偶遇彼此了 |
[09:20] | We really do. Goodbye. | 说的真对 再见 |
[09:23] | Wait, you just got here. | 等等 你才刚到 |
[09:26] | I left my wallet at home. | 我把钱包忘在家里了 |
[09:28] | Well, I can spot you. | 我可以帮你垫钱 |
[09:29] | Oh, no, no. | 不 |
[09:30] | They barely respect me here as it is. | 这里的人已经不怎么尊重我了 |
[09:32] | If a woman pays for my lady boost, I’m finished. | 如果再让女人给我买女士提神饮料 我就完了 |
[09:36] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[09:40] | This is a fire code violation. | 这违反了消防条例 |
[09:43] | Isn’t he so hot? | 他是不是好性感 |
[09:49] | You look great– why are you so dressed up? | 你看起来真美 为什么盛装打扮 |
[09:51] | I was told to expect a Sex and the City vibe. | 我听说要穿成《欲望都市》的风格 |
[09:54] | You know, it’s still just a bar with barrels for tables. | 但这里依然是一个拿酒桶当桌子的酒吧 |
[09:59] | Look at us. | 瞧瞧我们 |
[10:00] | Out at a bar, martini glasses in hand, | 在酒吧里 端着马提尼酒杯 |
[10:02] | but we’re not drinking, so we won’t wake up tomorrow | 但我们没喝酒 这样明天我们醒来时就不会 |
[10:04] | with soul-crushing regret | 有刻骨铭心的后悔 |
[10:05] | or our mug shots on the news. | 或者在新闻上看到我们的入狱照 |
[10:08] | Who needs another round? | 谁要再来一轮 |
[10:09] | I do. | 我要 |
[10:10] | I don’t have five hands. Tammy, help me out. | 我可没有五只手 塔米 来帮我 |
[10:11] | Mm, sure, I love waitressing on my night off. | 好啊 我就喜欢在休息时当服务员 |
[10:15] | I’m gonna hit the ladies’ room. | 我要去卫生间了 |
[10:16] | This little piglet has to go “Wee, wee, wee.” | 这只小猪崽需要尿尿了 |
[10:20] | You know, like the toe thing for kids. | 就是那首脚趾的童谣 |
[10:21] | We got it, sweetheart. | 我们知道 亲爱的 |
[10:26] | Hey. Real quick, while Bonnie’s not here, | 趁邦妮不在 我快速问一句 |
[10:28] | um, I ran into Trevor again, accidentally on purpose. | 我又碰到特雷弗了 是故意的偶遇 |
[10:32] | Well, which one was it? | 到底是什么 |
[10:33] | Accidentally for him, on purpose for me. | 对他来说是偶遇 对我来说是故意 |
[10:37] | Oh, save the judgy face. | 别评判我了 |
[10:39] | He blew me off. | 他直接走了 |
[10:40] | Oh, regardless, Jill. | 不管怎样 吉尔 |
[10:42] | You’re just trying to see how close you can get | 你只是在做错事的边缘疯狂试探 |
[10:43] | to doing something wrong without doing something wrong. | 看看你到底能离做错事有多近 |
[10:46] | And you know what I call that? | 你知道我叫它什么吗 |
[10:47] | Doing something wrong. | 做错事 |
[10:50] | Adam says these are on the house, | 亚当说这轮请客 |
[10:51] | but I disagree, so you can give me your money directly. | 但我不同意 你们可以直接给我钱 |
[10:54] | Why is everything always about you? | 为什么每件事都和你有关 |
[10:56] | What’s your problem? | 你干嘛发火 |
[10:57] | I finally found a guy I want to be with, | 我终于找到了我想要的男人 |
[10:59] | and you won’t let me. | 而你不允许 |
[11:00] | Well, unless it’s my husband, | 除非那人是我老公 |
[11:01] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 否则我不知道你在说什么 |
[11:02] | I don’t want your husband. | 我不想要你的老公 |
[11:04] | I want your therapist. | 我想要你的心理医生 |
[11:06] | You sure you don’t want Adam? | 你确定不想要亚当吗 |
[11:07] | I mean, no offense to Trevor. | 无意冒犯特雷弗 |
[11:08] | He’s cute in a “Won’t you be my neighbor” kind of way. | 他可爱到我想跟他做邻居 |
[11:12] | If you want to go out with Trevor, go out with him. | 如果你想跟特雷弗约会 那就去吧 |
[11:14] | But you said he’s off-limits. | 但你说过他没得商量 |
[11:15] | Yeah, but that was before I knew you were doodling, | 是啊 但那时候我还不知道你在笔记本上 |
[11:17] | “Mrs. Jill… | 乱写 |
[11:19] | whatever-his-last-name-is” in your notebook. | “吉尔·他的姓氏太太” |
[11:21] | You don’t know your therapist’s last name? | 你不知道你心理医生的姓氏吗 |
[11:23] | I barely know your last name. | 我都不知道你的姓氏 |
[11:25] | The point is, if you don’t like | 重点是 如果你不喜欢 |
[11:27] | where I stand on something, ask me again the next day. | 我对某件事的态度 那就第二天再问我 |
[11:29] | Thanks to menopause, I will have either forgotten or changed my mind. | 由于更年期 我要么忘了 要么改了主意 |
[11:33] | You mean it? | 你真心的吗 |
[11:35] | Of course I do. You’re my friend. | 当然 你是我的朋友 |
[11:36] | I want what’s best for you. | 我希望你过得好 |
[11:38] | – That’s very generous of you. – It is. | -你真大度 -的确 |
[11:41] | BT dubs, everybody at this table owes me $8.50, | 顺便说一句 这张桌子旁的每个人欠我八块五 |
[11:44] | and I haven’t heard my Venmo ding. | 我可没听到钱到账的声音 |
[11:50] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[11:51] | I don’t like to read. | 我不喜欢看书 |
[11:56] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[11:57] | You and the ladies seemed to have fun tonight. | 你和闺蜜们今晚似乎玩得很开心 |
[11:59] | By the way, were you the one who left a note | 顺便说一句 是你往小费罐里 |
[12:02] | in the tip jar that said, “Comb your hair”? | 留了张写着”梳你的头发”的纸条吗 |
[12:04] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[12:06] | But now that a complete stranger said it, | 但是既然陌生人都这样说了 |
[12:08] | why not give it a try? | 为什么不试试 |
[12:10] | Anyway, it was cool having you guys there. | 你们能去真是太好了 |
[12:12] | Yeah, we might make “Not-drinking” at your bar | 我们也许每周二都会去你酒吧 |
[12:14] | a regular Tuesday thing. | 过”不喝酒”日 |
[12:15] | I love it when you’re happy. | 你高兴我就高兴了 |
[12:16] | I am. | 我很高兴 |
[12:19] | – Although… – Oh, boy. | -虽然 -天啊 |
[12:22] | Jill said something to me that didn’t bother me at the time, | 吉尔跟我说了些话 当时我并不介意 |
[12:25] | but I’m starting to realize it enrages me. | 但我开始意识到这让我很生气 |
[12:27] | She wants to date Trevor. | 她想和特雷弗约会 |
[12:30] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[12:31] | Right? | 是吧 |
[12:32] | My best friend and my therapist are gonna be | 我最好的朋友和心理医生 |
[12:33] | talking about me during sex. | 要在做爱时聊我了 |
[12:35] | You really think that’s gonna happen? | 你真觉得他们会这样吗 |
[12:37] | I talk about me during sex. Why wouldn’t they? | 我做爱时就会聊我 他们为什么不会呢 |
[12:40] | Aren’t you jumping the gun a little bit? | 你是不是有点太操之过急了 |
[12:41] | They haven’t even gone on a date yet. | 他们还没约过会呢 |
[12:43] | Well, things don’t have to actually happen | 我不爽的又不一定是 |
[12:44] | for me to be upset about them. | 已经发生的事 |
[12:46] | That’s why I stopped telling you about my dreams. | 所以我不再跟你说我做的梦了 |
[12:49] | Why don’t you call Jill | 你为什么不打电话给吉尔 |
[12:50] | and find a way to work it out together? | 一起商量出个解决办法呢 |
[12:52] | That sounds rational. | 听起来合理 |
[12:54] | Probably why it feels wrong. | 所以才感觉不对劲 |
[12:56] | Can we be done? | 我们聊完了吗 |
[12:56] | Sure. | 行吧 |
[12:58] | But seriously… | 但是说真的 |
[12:59] | put a comb through your hair every once in a while. | 偶尔梳梳头吧 |
[13:33] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[13:35] | Now I’m “Not-drinking” alone. | 现在我在独自”不喝酒” |
[13:45] | Hey, do you know if he’s in there with a patient right now? | 你知道他现在是不是在接待病人吗 |
[13:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:52] | You look like that neighbor who knows what’s going on. | 你看着像是个了解情况的邻居 |
[13:54] | He has appointments at 11:00, 1:00 and 4:00. | 他11点 1点和4点有预约 |
[13:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:05] | Jill. | 吉尔 |
[14:06] | This is a… What are you… What… | 这真是 你怎么 什么 |
[14:13] | Um, you didn’t come by the juice place this morning, | 你今早没去蔬果汁店 |
[14:15] | so I… I brought you a kale smoothie with a lady boost. | 所以我给你买了女士提神甘蓝奶昔 |
[14:22] | I have a folic acid deficiency. | 我有叶酸缺乏症 |
[14:27] | Well, this is a very thoughtful gesture. | 你有心了 |
[14:31] | Whoa, a lot of ginger. | 好多生姜啊 |
[14:34] | Okay, confession time. | 好了 我坦白了 |
[14:37] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[14:40] | I’ve never been the first one to say that before. | 我之前从未先开口表白 |
[14:43] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[14:45] | I’m flattered. | 我受宠若惊 |
[14:47] | Red-hot flattered. | 脸都红了 |
[14:50] | But… | 但是 |
[14:52] | I cannot like you back. | 我不能喜欢你 |
[14:53] | “Cannot” Or “Do not”? | 不能还是不想 |
[14:55] | Because I talked to Bonnie, | 因为我跟邦妮聊过了 |
[14:57] | she gave us a big ole green light. | 她给我们亮了绿灯 |
[14:59] | Yay for Bonnie. | 邦妮真好 |
[15:01] | But I still can’t be interested. | 但我还是不能感兴趣 |
[15:05] | See, now, that was a weird way to say that. | 这种说法真奇怪 |
[15:08] | Your 1:00 will be here soon. | 你一点的病人很快就来了 |
[15:11] | I know what time it is. | 我知道几点了 |
[15:14] | Actually, she’s right, come on. | 她没说错 进来吧 |
[15:18] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[15:19] | Be strong. | 坚强点 |
[15:22] | Why can’t you be interested in me? | 你为什么不能对我感兴趣 |
[15:24] | Because your friend is my patient, | 因为你朋友是我病人 |
[15:27] | and that would be unethical. | 那是不道德的 |
[15:28] | Well, is there a scenario where we just don’t tell anybody | 我们可不可以不告诉别人 |
[15:32] | and it makes it that much hotter? | 这样就刺激多了 |
[15:34] | Oh, how I’ve pondered that very question. | 我也一直在思考这个问题 |
[15:37] | Unfortunately, all roads lead to no. | 不幸的是 条条大路通向不行 |
[15:40] | So you’re saying you’ve pondered me? | 你是在说你一直想着我 |
[15:42] | My ego wants to believe | 我的自我想相信 |
[15:44] | that you find me irresistible. | 你觉得我难以抗拒 |
[15:47] | But… | 但是 |
[15:48] | my shrink-y sense tells me | 我心理医生的直觉告诉我 |
[15:50] | that there’s almost definitely something else going on here. | 绝对是有别的原因 |
[15:52] | Yeah, what’s going on is I’m used to getting what I want, | 发生的事是 我习惯了得偿所愿 |
[15:54] | and I don’t know what’s happening. | 现在我不知道是什么情况了 |
[15:56] | Interesting, and this is a situation | 很有趣 这次 |
[15:58] | where you’ve been told you can’t have what you want. | 你被告知你不能得偿所愿 |
[16:00] | First by Bonnie and then by me. | 首先是邦妮说的 然后是我说的 |
[16:02] | So…? | 所以呢 |
[16:03] | So everyone has moments where they want something that they can’t have. | 所以 每个人都有无法得偿所愿的时候 |
[16:09] | Everyone. | 每个人都有 |
[16:11] | The question is, why? | 问题是 为什么 |
[16:14] | How do you characterize your relationships with men? | 你如何描述你和男人之间的关系 |
[16:17] | Well, they start out great… | 他们一开始很好 |
[16:19] | and usually end in disaster. | 通常以灾难告终 |
[16:23] | That could stem from a fractured relationship with a parent. | 这可能源于与父母破裂的关系 |
[16:25] | How are things with you and your father? | 你和你父亲关系如何 |
[16:28] | Not good. | 不好 |
[16:31] | Tell me more. | 多说点 |
[16:33] | Oh, it’s not much to tell. | 没什么好说的 |
[16:34] | Just your basic “Mom kills herself, | 就是”妈妈自杀 |
[16:36] | Dad wants nothing to do with you anymore” situation. | 爸爸不想再理你”的情况 |
[16:41] | Jill, that sounds incredibly painful. | 吉尔 那听起来非常痛苦 |
[16:46] | It is. | 的确 |
[16:50] | So what do you think, dinner? | 你觉得共进晚餐怎么样 |
[16:53] | I think your feelings have my face on them, | 我觉得你把感情寄托在我身上 |
[16:56] | but they have nothing to do with me. | 但其实跟我毫无关系 |
[16:59] | How are you doing this so quickly? | 你怎么这么快就得出了结论 |
[17:02] | I would slow it down if you were paying me. | 如果你付我钱 我会慢点的 |
[17:09] | Well, if we can’t date, then… | 如果我们没法约会 那么 |
[17:12] | …can you be my therapist? | 你愿意当我的心理医生吗 |
[17:13] | Not as long as I’m treating Bonnie. | 只要我在治疗邦妮 那就不行 |
[17:15] | God, why do you guys have so many rules? | 天啊 你们为什么有这么多规矩 |
[17:17] | It’s not like you’re real doctors. | 你们又不是真正的医生 |
[17:19] | I’m gonna tell myself that has nothing to do with me, either. | 我要告诉我自己 这也和我没关系 |
[17:24] | Hey, sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[17:26] | Have you just left my therapist’s bed? | 你刚从我心理医生的床上过来吗 |
[17:29] | Did you talk about me during the deed? | 办事时你们聊到我了吗 |
[17:32] | No. | 没有 |
[17:33] | Trevor and I will not be getting married | 特雷弗和我不会结婚 |
[17:35] | and having adorable, emotionally attuned babies. | 生下情感协调的可爱婴儿 |
[17:38] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[17:39] | Well, long story short, | 长话短说 |
[17:41] | he chose his relationship with you over me. | 他选择了和你的关系 而不是和我谈恋爱 |
[17:43] | He did? | 是吗 |
[17:46] | I have to admit, I’m a little relieved. | 我得承认 我松了口气 |
[17:49] | I thought you were okay with it. | 我还以为你没意见 |
[17:50] | Well, who knows with me? I’m all over the place. | 谁知道我呢 我一天一变 |
[17:53] | Poor Adam. | 可怜的亚当 |
[17:54] | No, he deserves it. | 不 是他活该 |
[17:57] | Why don’t we order some mocktails and talk about | 我们点一些无酒精鸡尾酒 聊聊 |
[17:59] | all the many ways life finds to disappoint us. | 生活让我们失望的各方各面吧 |
[18:02] | Here’s one: mocktails. | 我说一个 无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[18:03] | They’re starting to scare me. | 它们开始让我害怕了 |
[18:05] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[18:07] | Back when I was drinking, | 我还在酗酒时 |
[18:08] | sometimes just knowing I was about to have a drink | 有时候知道我要喝酒了 |
[18:10] | gave me as much relief as actually having one. | 和真正喝酒带给我的安慰差不多 |
[18:13] | I get that. | 我懂的 |
[18:15] | Just putting a bottle of Dom on ice | 将一瓶香槟放在冰块上 |
[18:16] | used to make me feel all safe and warm. | 曾让我觉得安全温暖 |
[18:19] | We drank so differently. | 我们喝酒的方式真是大不相同 |
[18:23] | But, yeah, last night I was making a mocktail at home, | 但是昨晚我在家里调一杯无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[18:26] | and I got the sense like the cavalry was coming. | 我有一种救兵来了的感觉 |
[18:28] | It felt so good. | 感觉很棒 |
[18:30] | And that felt dangerous. | 那很危险 |
[18:34] | How lame am I? | 我真差劲 |
[18:35] | I can’t even handle pretend drinking. | 连假装喝酒都应付不来 |
[18:38] | Oh, honey, you got to do whatever you got to do | 亲爱的 你得尽一切努力 |
[18:40] | to protect your sobriety. | 保护你的戒瘾成绩 |
[18:42] | You know, if something brings you closer to a drink, | 如果有什么事让你离酒更近一步 |
[18:44] | whatever that is, you shouldn’t do it. | 不管那是什么 你都不该做 |
[18:47] | It’s why I can’t eat olives or go to Dollywood. | 所以我不能吃橄榄 或者去多莉山主题公园 |
[18:51] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[18:52] | Dolly Parton is a national treasure. | 多莉·帕顿是国家珍宝 |
[18:54] | Hey, Arlo. | 阿尔洛 |
[18:55] | Hey, Bonnie. Can I get you guys something? | 邦妮 你们要点什么 |
[18:57] | Club soda, no ice, no lime, no nothing. | 苏打水 不加冰 不加柠檬 什么都不加 |
[18:59] | And I will have a Sparkly Pony, please. | 我要一杯”闪亮小马” |
[19:06] | What? It doesn’t bring me closer to a drink. | 干嘛 那又不会让我想喝酒 |
[19:12] | So it turns out the list of things | 结果我不能喝的 |
[19:14] | I can’t drink continues to get longer. | 饮料名单愈发长了 |
[19:16] | Can’t have cocktails. | 不能喝鸡尾酒 |
[19:18] | Can’t have mocktails. | 不能喝无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[19:19] | Can’t have milk. | 不能喝牛奶 |
[19:20] | I mean, I can, but it becomes unpleasant | 我可以喝 但这会让我身边的人 |
[19:22] | for the people around me. | 不愉快 |
[19:24] | I am impressed. | 你真厉害 |
[19:26] | You saw what was happening and you did what you needed to do | 你看到了发生的事 做了该做的事 |
[19:28] | to take care of yourself. | 来照顾自己 |
[19:29] | You were in your own corner. | 你待在自己的角落里 |
[19:31] | I was. | 的确是 |
[19:32] | And you know who I saw there? | 你知道我看到了谁吗 |
[19:33] | A guy named Trevor… | 一个叫特雷弗的人 |
[19:36] | …Wells? Really? | 你姓威尔斯 真的吗 |
[19:40] | Huh, people at Ellis Island clearly got bored. | 埃利斯岛的人肯定无聊了 |
[19:43] | Really, Plunkett, you want to go there? | 真的吗 普兰科特 你想聊姓氏吗 |
[19:47] | Well, anyway, thank you. | 总之 谢谢你 |
[19:49] | You could have chosen Jill, but you chose me. | 你本可以选择吉尔 但你选择了我 |
[19:51] | My job is to take care of you, and I take that very seriously. | 我的任务就是照顾你 我对此非常认真 |
[19:55] | I know, but there were a lot of people in my life | 我知道 但我人生中有许多人 |
[19:57] | who had that job | 也有这样的任务 |
[19:58] | and most of them pooped the futon. | 他们大部分人都搞砸了[在蒲团上拉屎] |
[20:00] | But you were there for me, | 但你陪着我 |
[20:01] | and my respect for you is up to here. | 我对你的尊敬有这么多 |
[20:03] | And for what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[20:05] | Jill would’ve been lucky to have you. | 能拥有你是吉尔的幸运 |
[20:07] | You’re a catch. | 你是抢手的好男人 |
[20:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:10] | And did you say futon because you know I sleep on one? | 你说蒲团是因为你知道我睡在蒲团上吗 |
[20:13] | This just in. Now you’re here. | 我刚知道 对你的尊敬只有这么多了 |