时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Mademoiselle? | 小姐 |
[00:09] | Mademoiselle Harmon, vous êtes là? | 哈蒙小姐 你在吗 |
[00:15] | Mademoiselle? | 小姐 |
[00:21] | Mademoiselle? | 小姐 |
[00:24] | I’m coming. | 来了 |
[00:27] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[00:32] | Shit! | 该死的 |
[00:35] | Je descends, tout de suite. | 我马上下来 |
[00:37] | Yeah. | 好吗 |
[00:39] | 后翼弃兵 第一集 | |
[00:48] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[01:35] | Je vous en prie. | 请进 |
[01:45] | Ne regarde pas. | 别看了 |
[01:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:02] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[02:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[03:02] | What are we supposed to do with her? | 我们要拿她怎么办 |
[03:04] | They’re sending someone. | 他们派人来了 |
[03:06] | There’s hardly a scratch on her. | 她几乎没有受伤 |
[03:10] | It’s a goddamn miracle. | 这是个奇迹 |
[03:12] | I doubt she’ll see it that way. | 她肯定不会这么想 |
[03:44] | You understand, dear, your mother’s passed on? | 你明白吗 亲爱的 你母亲过世了 |
[03:48] | You know what that means, don’t you? | 你知道那是什么意思吧 |
[03:51] | “Passed on”? | “过世了” |
[03:57] | I’m sure she’s gone on to a better place, | 我相信她已经前往更美好的地方了 |
[04:01] | and, someday, you’ll get to see her again. | 总有一天你会再见到她的 |
[04:06] | “Orphaned by yesterday’s collision on New Circle Road, | “昨日新环城路车祸留下孤儿 |
[04:10] | Elizabeth Harmon surveys a troubled future.” | 伊丽莎白·哈蒙的未来很不乐观 |
[04:14] | “Elizabeth, nine years old, | “伊丽莎白 九岁 |
[04:15] | was left without family by the crash.” | 因为车祸而失去了家人” |
[04:18] | “Her mother, Alice Harmon, was pronounced dead at the scene.” | “她的母亲 爱丽丝·哈蒙被宣布当场死亡” |
[04:30] | And the father? | 父亲呢 |
[04:34] | Doesn’t say. | 没说 |
[04:36] | I would guess that, like most men who live around there, | 我猜 和大多数住在那里的男人一样 |
[04:40] | he was yet another victim of a carefree life. | 他肯定也是个游手好闲的主儿 |
[04:47] | Poor dear. | 可怜的孩子 |
[05:00] | Let’s welcome her, shall we? | 让我们欢迎她吧 好吗 |
[05:12] | Welcome, Elizabeth. | 欢迎 伊丽莎白 |
[05:16] | Good luck to you, dear. | 祝你好运 亲爱的 |
[05:31] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[05:34] | This is our chapel, the domain of Miss Lonsdale. | 这里是礼拜堂 朗斯代尔小姐的领地 |
[05:38] | How do you do, Elizabeth? | 你好 伊丽莎白 |
[05:40] | I also teach etiquette to the young ladies. | 我也教少女们礼仪 |
[05:44] | Mr. Fergussen, this is Elizabeth Harmon. | 弗格森先生 这位是伊丽莎白·哈蒙 |
[05:47] | You’re all a bunch of fucking cocksuckers! | 你们都是一群狗杂种 |
[05:51] | Jolene. | 乔琳 |
[05:53] | I got it. | 我去处理 |
[05:54] | Jolene, that mouth will be the death of you! | 乔琳 你的嘴会害死你的 |
[05:57] | – Oh, fuck you, you cocksucker. – You can’t yell like that. | -去死吧 你个狗杂种 -你不能说这种话 |
[06:00] | In there is our classroom. You’ll meet your teachers on Monday. | 那边是教室 你会在周一见到你的老师 |
[06:04] | Two times six. | 二乘以六 |
[06:05] | And this is our day room, where you will have all your meals, | 这里是客厅 你要在这里吃饭 |
[06:08] | and enjoy daily socialization. | 进行日常社交 |
[06:10] | Good morning, Mrs. Deardorff. | 早上好 迪尔多夫女士 |
[06:12] | Good morning, girls. | 早上好 姑娘们 |
[06:16] | Home sweet home. | 到家了 |
[06:18] | Come on, let’s get you settled. | 来吧 帮你安顿好 |
[06:21] | We have 21 girls here, and they are all just as sweet as you. | 这里有21个女孩 她们都和你一样可爱 |
[06:28] | And here is your special place. | 这是你的床位 |
[06:35] | – Go, go, go. – Okay. | -快走快走 -好吧 |
[06:38] | You can put your clothes down here. | 你可以把你的衣服放到这下面 |
[06:40] | And your toothbrush can go right here. | 牙刷可以放到这里 |
[06:45] | And any other personal items, there. | 其他的个人用品放到这里 |
[06:51] | Show her to me. | 给我看看 |
[06:57] | Come on, sit. | 过来坐 |
[07:05] | I know that, at this moment, all you’re feeling is loss. | 我知道此时此刻 你只感觉到失去 |
[07:10] | But after grief brings you low, | 在悲伤让你情绪低落后 |
[07:12] | prayer and faith will lift you high. | 祈祷和信念会让你振奋起来 |
[07:15] | High enough for you to see a new path for yourself. | 重新找到自己生活的道路 |
[07:20] | I think, Elizabeth, | 我认为 伊丽莎白 |
[07:21] | you’re going to find a much different life here. | 你在这里会拥有一个完全不同的人生 |
[07:25] | A better one than you might have had. | 一个或许比以前更好的生活 |
[07:28] | And I’m sure that you and I are going to be good friends. | 我相信我们会成为好朋友的 |
[07:54] | That should do nicely. | 这件应该不错 |
[08:05] | I think we’ll burn this one. | 旧衣服就烧了吧 |
[08:08] | Get dressed. | 换好衣服 |
[08:09] | We have one more stop. | 还要去个地方 |
[08:26] | Mr. Fergussen will take good care of you. I’ll see you at dinner. | 弗格森先生会照顾好你 我们晚饭见 |
[08:36] | The green ones are the best. | 绿色的最好 |
[08:39] | What are they? | 这是什么 |
[08:40] | Vitamins. | 维生素 |
[08:42] | Magic vitamins. | 神奇的维生素 |
[08:45] | I were you, I’d save the green ones up for the night time. | 我是你的话 就把绿色的留到晚上吃 |
[08:48] | Otherwise, they turn off right when you need them to turn on. | 不然等你希望它们起作用的时候 就没用了 |
[08:51] | If you know what I mean. | 如果你知道我在说什么 |
[08:55] | Hey, what’s your name, girl? | 你叫什么 |
[08:57] | – Beth. – Jolene. | -贝丝 -乔琳 |
[09:00] | Your mama and daddy dead? | 你的父母死了 |
[09:03] | What’s the last thing they said to you before they died? | 他们临死前说了什么 |
[09:07] | I ask everybody that. We get some really fun answers. | 我问了所有人 有一些很有意思的答案 |
[09:11] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[09:13] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[09:15] | Someday, you might. If you do, you let me know. | 有一天你会的 想起来了就告诉我 |
[09:33] | Green’s to even your disposition. | 绿色的用来缓解情绪 |
[09:35] | Orange and brown is for building a strong body. Take ’em both. | 橘色和棕色的用来增强体质 都吃了 |
[10:49] | I thought I told you to wait and take those vitamins at bedtime. | 我告诉过你等到睡觉前再吃那些维生素 |
[10:53] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[10:55] | Fish. | 鱼 |
[10:56] | Far as we know. | 据我们所知 |
[10:58] | We eat it every Friday. | 我们每周五都吃这个 |
[11:00] | You gotta eat every bite, | 你得都吃光 |
[11:01] | or they’ll tell Mrs. Deardorff about you, | 不然他们就会跟迪尔多夫女士告状 |
[11:03] | and you won’t get adopted. | 就不会有人领养你了 |
[11:50] | Alice, come on, open the door. | 爱丽丝 快开门 |
[11:56] | – It’s taken me a whole month to find you. – Good reason. | -我找了你整整一个月 -好理由 |
[12:00] | Whatever this is, whatever you’re doing, | 不管这是怎么回事 不管你在做什么 |
[12:03] | it’s nuts, even for you. | 哪怕对你来说也太疯狂了 |
[12:05] | – I don’t expect you to understand– – What I understand | -我没希望你能理解 -我所理解的 |
[12:08] | is you’re not taking care of yourself. | 是你没有照顾好你自己 |
[12:20] | So, we’ll take… | 我们要 |
[12:34] | Isn’t it beautiful? | 这很漂亮吧 |
[12:38] | Let me come in and talk to Lizzie. Make sure she’s okay. | 让我进去和丽兹聊聊 确保她没事 |
[12:41] | Oh, you think I’d hurt her? | 你觉得我会伤害她 |
[12:43] | She’s happy here. This is where she belongs. | 她在这里很开心 她属于这里 |
[12:45] | You honestly believe our daughter belongs in a trailer | 你真的觉得我们的女儿属于 |
[12:48] | in the middle of nowhere? | 荒郊野外的拖车里吗 |
[12:50] | Who says she’s our daughter? | 谁说她是我们的女儿了 |
[12:51] | – Don’t do that, Alice. – And she doesn’t like being called Lizzie. | -别这样 爱丽丝 -她也不喜欢被叫做丽兹 |
[13:01] | 《单项表示和对称表示》 爱丽丝·哈蒙博士 康奈尔大学数学系 | |
[13:17] | All right, Alice, you win. | 好吧 爱丽丝 你赢了 |
[13:20] | I can’t fight with you anymore. | 我不能再跟你吵下去了 |
[13:23] | And I can’t keep chasing you around everywhere, | 我也不能再追着你跑了 |
[13:26] | if all you do is run away again. | 如果你总是想要逃跑的话 |
[13:28] | I’m sorry, Paul. | 我很抱歉 保罗 |
[13:29] | Once I drive away, I’m not coming back. | 这次我走了 我就再也不会回来了 |
[14:03] | Miss Harmon, finished already? | 哈蒙小姐 已经做完了 |
[14:21] | Why don’t you take the erasers down | 你把黑板擦拿到地下室 |
[14:22] | to the basement and clean them? | 去把它们洗干净吧 |
[14:28] | You’re all fucking cocksuckers, | 你们都是狗杂种 |
[14:30] | and you’re the biggest cocksucker of them all. | 你是他们中最大的一个 |
[14:32] | Never met anyone who liked the taste of soap as much as you do. | 从来没见过谁像你这样喜欢吃肥皂 |
[14:36] | Where you going, Harmon? | 你要去哪里 哈蒙 |
[17:10] | Good morning, girls. | 早上好 姑娘们 |
[17:12] | Good morning, Mrs. Deardorff. | 早上好 迪尔多夫女士 |
[17:14] | Mary-Sue, aren’t you a lucky girl? | 玛丽苏 你真是个幸运的女孩 |
[17:19] | You really impressed the Spellmans. | 你给斯佩曼夫妇留下了很好的印象 |
[17:22] | I heard their house is so big. | 我听说他们的房子很大 |
[17:24] | Let’s get your suitcase and pack up. Nicely, like I taught you. | 来打包行李箱吧 就像我教你的那样 |
[17:30] | Yeah, the socks first, remember. | 对 记住 先放袜子 |
[17:34] | That is not fair. She got here after you. | 这不公平 她比你来得还晚 |
[17:39] | Most of us are lifers. | 大多数人都会一直留在这里 |
[17:41] | – Been here a long time. – Don’t forget your headband. | -待在这里很久了 -别忘了头箍 |
[17:44] | Nobody’s gonna come for us now. We’re too old. | 没有人会领养我们的 我们太老了 |
[17:47] | And don’t dawdle. | 别磨蹭了 |
[17:48] | – I wish it was me. – Or too Black. | -我真希望这是我 -或者太黑了 |
[17:52] | – Maybe someone will come through. – Someday. | -可能会有人来的 -也许吧 |
[18:38] | What do you want, child? You should be in chapel. | 你想干什么 孩子 你应该在礼拜堂里 |
[18:41] | What’s that game called? | 这个游戏叫什么 |
[18:46] | You should be upstairs with the others. | 你应该和其他人一起待在楼上 |
[18:49] | I don’t wanna be with the others. | 我不想和其他人在一起 |
[18:51] | I wanna know what that is you’re playing. | 我想知道你在玩什么 |
[18:57] | It’s called chess. | 这叫象棋 |
[18:59] | Will you teach me? | 你会教我吗 |
[19:02] | I don’t play strangers. | 我不和陌生人玩 |
[19:17] | – Sweet dreams, ladies. – Good night, Fergussen. | -做个好梦 姑娘们 -晚安 弗格森 |
[19:21] | “Good night, good night!” | “晚安 晚安” |
[19:23] | “Parting is such sweet sorrow, | “离别是如此甜蜜的悲伤 |
[19:24] | so I shall say good night till it be morrow.” | 让我向你道晚安直到天明” |
[20:15] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[20:16] | The vitamins work better at night. | 维他命在晚上更有用 |
[20:19] | How many you take? | 你吃了多少 |
[20:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:22] | Sometimes I skip a day, or a bunch of days, | 有时候我跳过一天 或者几天 |
[20:26] | then take two or three. | 然后一次吃两三颗 |
[20:29] | I like the way it feels. | 我喜欢它带给我的感觉 |
[20:30] | I bet you do. | 那当然 |
[20:33] | You just be careful you don’t get too used to that feeling. | 但要小心别太习惯那种感觉 |
[20:48] | I’m not a stranger. | 我不是陌生人 |
[20:51] | I live here. | 我住在这里 |
[20:54] | I already know some of it… | 我已经学会了一点 |
[20:56] | from watching. | 看你下棋 |
[20:58] | Girls do not play chess. | 女孩不下象棋 |
[21:07] | That one moves up and down, or back and forth, | 这个棋子走直线 上下或者前后 |
[21:11] | all the way, if there’s space to move in. | 只要有位置可以走 |
[21:14] | But that one can only go up. | 但这个只能向前走 |
[21:18] | That tall one can go any way it wants. | 那个高的可以随便走 |
[21:27] | And this one? | 这个呢 |
[21:31] | On the diagonals. | 走斜线 |
[21:36] | One square diagonal, plus one square straight. | 斜着走一格 加直线走一格 |
[21:45] | Let’s play a game. | 来玩一局 |
[21:47] | I play White. | 我执白棋 |
[21:51] | Now or never. | 机不可失 |
[22:43] | 也称为四步将杀 即四步将死对方 常用于与新手对决时开局 | |
[22:43] | That’s called the Scholar’s Mate. | 这叫学者将杀 |
[22:46] | – How do you do it? – Not today. | -怎么做到的 -今天不教 |
[22:48] | – Show me. – Not today. | -教我 -今天不行 |
[23:06] | That’s called the Scholar’s Mate. | 这叫学者将杀 |
[23:10] | How do you do it? | 怎么做到的 |
[23:57] | That’s called the Scholar’s Mate. | 这叫学者将杀 |
[25:04] | You resign now. | 你该认输了 |
[25:06] | Resign? | 认输 |
[25:07] | That’s right, child. When you lose the queen that way… | 对 孩子 当你向那样失去了后之后 |
[25:11] | you resign. | 你就认输 |
[25:13] | – No. – Yes, you have resigned the game. | -不 -你已经认输了 |
[25:17] | You didn’t tell me that in the rules. | 你没告诉我这个规则 |
[25:18] | It’s not a rule, it’s sportsmanship. | 这不是规则 这是体育精神 |
[25:21] | – I wanna finish. – No. | -我想要下完这盘 -不行 |
[25:24] | – You’ve got to finish. – No. | -你得下完 -不行 |
[25:28] | You lost. | 你输了 |
[25:29] | – Please! – The game is over. | -求你了 -游戏结束 |
[25:35] | You cocksucker. | 你个狗杂种 |
[25:39] | Get out. | 滚 |
[26:31] | Check. | 将军 |
[26:37] | Mate. | 将杀 |
[27:14] | Morning, cracker. | 早上好 小姑娘 |
[27:30] | Jolene? | 乔琳 |
[27:32] | What do you want? | 怎么了 |
[27:34] | I want to know what a cocksucker is. | 我想知道狗杂种是什么意思 |
[27:37] | Shit! | 妈呀 |
[27:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:41] | Do you know what a cock is? | 你知道鸡巴是什么吗 |
[27:44] | I don’t think so. | 不知道 |
[27:46] | It’s what boys have. | 男孩才有那种东西 |
[27:47] | The picture in the back of the health book, it’s like a thumb. | 图片在健康课本的后面 像拇指一样 |
[27:49] | Well, honey, | 亲爱的 |
[27:51] | girls like to suck on that thumb. | 女孩喜欢去吸那个拇指 |
[27:55] | Do you? | 你喜欢吗 |
[27:57] | Haven’t tried one yet. | 还没试过 |
[28:03] | Isn’t that where they pee? | 那不是他们尿尿的地方吗 |
[28:05] | I expect they wipes clean. | 我觉得他们会擦干净的 |
[28:12] | You should have green, leafy vegetables at least once a day, | 你应该每天至少吃一次绿叶蔬菜 |
[28:15] | legumes a few times a week, | 每周吃几次豆类 |
[28:17] | and stay away from tobacco and any and all forms of alcohol. | 不要接触烟草和任何酒类 |
[28:21] | I also like to inspect my stool at least, uh, three times a week. | 我也喜欢检查我的大便 每周至少三次 |
[28:25] | It should appear firm but not hard, a clear sign of dehydration. | 它应该结实但不硬 这是脱水的明显迹象 |
[28:29] | Now, which is why we should | 这就是为什么 |
[28:30] | be drinking several glasses of water a day, | 我们需要每天喝几杯水 |
[28:33] | nature’s wonderful lubricant. | 大自然的美妙润滑剂 |
[30:03] | You’re gloating. | 你在沾沾自喜 |
[30:05] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[30:12] | – It was close. – I still beat you. | -战局接近 -我打败了你 |
[30:15] | Could have beat me sooner. | 可以更快打败我 |
[30:22] | – You should learn the Sicilian Defense. – What’s that? | -你应该学习西西里防御 -那是什么 |
[30:25] | When White moves to king four, Black does this. | 当白子走到了王线4 黑棋这么走 |
[30:29] | – Then what? – Knight to KB3. | -然后呢 -马走到KB3 |
[30:33] | What’s KB3? | KB3是什么 |
[30:35] | King’s bishop three, where I just put the knight. | 王翼象线第三格 就是我马的位置 |
[30:39] | The squares have names? | 这些格子还有名称 |
[30:42] | If you play well, they have names. | 如果你玩得好 它们就有名字 |
[30:46] | – Show me. – Not now. Let’s play again. | -教我 -现在不行 我们再下一局 |
[30:53] | You’re mad. | 你生气了 |
[30:55] | I am not mad. | 我没生气 |
[30:57] | Just play. | 下棋吧 |
[31:09] | There are other strategies you’ll need to learn, down the road. | 今后你还得学习其他的战术 |
[31:20] | The Levenfish Variation. | 列文费舍变例 |
[31:36] | The Najdorf Variation. | 纳道尔夫变例 |
[31:53] | Show me. | 下给我看 |
[31:55] | Levenfish. | 列文费舍 |
[32:06] | Najdorf. | 纳道尔夫 |
[32:14] | Let’s play again. | 再来一局 |
[32:20] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[32:22] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Deardorff. | 我很抱歉 迪尔多夫女士 |
[32:24] | – Mom, guess what? – I don’t know. What? | -妈妈 你猜怎么着 -怎么了 |
[32:27] | – Mom, I’ve started my first period. – Well, what do you know? | -妈妈 我来第一次例假了 -你知道什么 |
[32:37] | – That isn’t one you taught me. – So? | -这个你没教过我 -所以呢 |
[32:40] | But is that one of those things, | 但这是那其中的一种 |
[32:42] | like the Sicilian Defense? | 像西西里防御一样 |
[32:45] | Stop! | 别 |
[32:54] | Those things are called openings. | 那些东西叫”开局” |
[32:57] | Is that one of them? | 这是那其中的一种吗 |
[32:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:01] | The Queen’s Gambit. | 后翼弃兵 |
[33:18] | I’m playing White? | 我执白子 |
[33:20] | From now on, we take turns. | 现在开始 我们轮流来 |
[33:22] | It’s the way the game should be played. | 象棋本就该这么下 |
[33:25] | Then, how come I couldn’t go first before? | 那为什么我之前不能先走 |
[33:29] | Play. | 下棋吧 |
[33:36] | Check. | 将军 |
[33:46] | Mate. | 将杀 |
[33:58] | Is that whiskey? | 那是威士忌吗 |
[34:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:06] | And don’t tell. | 别说出去 |
[34:07] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[34:16] | Modern Chess Openings. | 《现代象棋开局》 |
[34:21] | It’s the best book for you. | 这是最适合你的书 |
[34:24] | It will tell you all you wanna know. | 它会教你想知道的一切 |
[34:26] | You’ll need to learn chess notation before you can read it. | 在你看书之前 你得知道象棋的符号 |
[34:30] | The names of the squares. | 那些方格的名字 |
[34:33] | I’ll teach you now. | 我现在教你 |
[34:35] | Am I good enough now? | 我现在够格了吗 |
[34:37] | How old are you? | 你几岁了 |
[34:39] | Nine. | 九岁 |
[34:41] | Nine years old. | 九岁 |
[34:44] | I’ll be ten in November. | 到十一月就十岁了 |
[34:48] | To tell you the truth of it, child… | 实话告诉你 孩子 |
[34:52] | you’re astounding. | 你令人震惊 |
[34:55] | “Nobody heard him, | “没人听得见他 |
[34:57] | the dead man, | 将死之人 |
[34:59] | but still he lay moaning.” | 但他仍然在呻吟” |
[35:01] | “I was much further out than you thought, | “我不是你们想的那样 |
[35:05] | and not waving but drowning.” | 不是在挥手 而是在求救” |
[35:09] | “Poor chap, | “可怜的小伙子 |
[35:10] | he always loved larking, and now… | 他总喜欢玩耍 然而现在 |
[35:14] | he’s dead.” | 他死了” |
[35:17] | “It must have been too cold for him. | “一定是因为他太冷了 |
[35:19] | His heart gave way, they said.” | 心脏才停止了跳动 他们说” |
[35:22] | “Oh, no, no, no, | “不 不 |
[35:24] | it was too cold always.” | 一直很都冷” |
[35:27] | “Still, the dead one lay moaning.” | “然后 死人依然呻吟” |
[35:31] | “I was much too far out all my life, | “我远离了我的生活 |
[35:34] | and not waving, but drowning.” | 不是在挥手 而是在求救” |
[35:48] | This is Mr. Ganz from the chess club. | 这位是象棋俱乐部的甘兹先生 |
[35:51] | – Chess club? – We play at a club. | -象棋俱乐部 -我们在俱乐部里下棋 |
[35:53] | I’m also coach of the high school team. | 我也是高中队的教练 |
[35:57] | Duncan High? | 邓肯高中 |
[36:05] | Would you like to play me a game? | 你想来下一局吗 |
[36:15] | You play the color you choose. | 你执你选到的颜色 |
[36:21] | This one. | 这个 |
[36:28] | Ah, the Réti Opening. | 列蒂开局 |
[36:57] | That’s mate in three. | 这会在三步之内将杀 |
[37:19] | Well, you certainly know the game, young lady. | 显然你知道怎么下棋 小姑娘 |
[37:23] | Do you have a team here? | 你们这里有队伍吗 |
[37:25] | The other girls, do they have a chess club? | 其他的女孩 这里有象棋俱乐部吗 |
[37:29] | So, where do you play? | 那你在哪里下棋 |
[37:33] | Down here. | 在这里 |
[37:35] | Mr. Shaibel said you play a few games every Sunday. | 夏贝先生说你每周日会下几局 |
[37:38] | What do you do in between? | 在这之间你会做什么 |
[37:40] | I play in my head. | 我在脑海里下棋 |
[37:43] | In your head? | 在脑海里 |
[37:45] | On the ceiling. | 在天花板上 |
[37:51] | Before I forget… | 趁我没忘 |
[37:54] | I brought you… | 我给你带了一个 |
[37:56] | a present. | 礼物 |
[37:59] | Go ahead, open it. | 打开看看 |
[38:13] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[38:18] | Thank you very much. | 十分感谢 |
[38:22] | Do you want another game? | 你想再下一局吗 |
[38:27] | Check. | 将军 |
[39:00] | Beth… | 贝丝 |
[39:02] | I’ve moved my queen to rook four. | 我把后移到了车线第四格 |
[39:06] | Check. | 将军 |
[39:08] | The bishop blocks. | 象上前阻塞 |
[39:13] | Queen takes king’s pawn. | 后吃掉了王线的兵 |
[39:16] | Castles. | 车 |
[39:23] | Knight takes knight. | 马吃掉了马 |
[39:27] | Mate in three. | 三步将杀 |
[39:29] | First check is with the queen. | 第一个将军是后 |
[39:31] | The king must take. | 王必须吃掉 |
[39:34] | Then, the bishop checks on knight five… | 之后 象会在马线第五格将军 |
[39:37] | and it’s mate next. | 下一步就将死了 |
[39:44] | Sweet Jesus. | 我的天啊 |
[39:50] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[39:53] | Would you mind, Beth… | 你介意 贝丝 |
[39:55] | if I took your picture? | 我照张照片吗 |
[39:57] | I’d love to tell the kids in chess club about you. | 我很想把你的事告诉象棋俱乐部的孩子们 |
[40:01] | How about you stand next to Mr. Shaibel? | 你站在夏贝先生旁边怎么样 |
[40:11] | Closer. | 再近点 |
[40:20] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[40:22] | Say queen! | 说”皇后” |
[40:24] | Queen. | 皇后 |
[40:32] | Nine times four is? | 九乘以四等于 |
[40:41] | Hiya, Marge. | 你好 玛姬 |
[40:42] | Hi, I’m sorry I’m late, but I ran into Jean, here. | 很抱歉我迟到了 但我在这儿碰到了珍 |
[40:45] | Oh, Jean, this is Ed Reardon. The Ed I was telling you about. | 珍 这是埃德·里尔登 我跟你说过的埃德 |
[40:48] | – Hello. – How do you do? | -你好 -你好吗 |
[40:49] | And this is Jack Connors. | 这是杰克·康纳 |
[40:51] | – Jean Bassett, from over at Morrisville. – How do you do, Jean? | -珍·贝塞特 来自莫里斯维尔 -你好吗 珍 |
[40:54] | – Hello. – Here, you can sit here. | -你好 -你可以坐在这里 |
[40:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:01] | Would you like something? Malt or soda? | 你想喝点什么 麦芽酒还是苏打水 |
[41:02] | Hey, Mrs. Deardorff wants to see you. | 迪尔多夫女士想见你 |
[41:05] | A well-mannered group, I think. | 我认为这是一群很有礼貌的人 |
[41:07] | You notice their good manners right away. | 你会注意到他们的礼貌 |
[41:09] | Mr. Ganz tells me that you are a gifted child. | 甘兹先生说你是个很有天赋的孩子 |
[41:14] | He has an unusual request to make. | 他有个不寻常的要求 |
[41:17] | He would like you to be taken to the high school on… | 他想让你去那个高中 在 |
[41:20] | – On Thursday. – On Thursday. | -周四 -周四 |
[41:22] | In the afternoon. | 下午 |
[41:24] | He maintains that you are a phenomenal chess player. | 他坚持认为你是一个杰出的象棋棋手 |
[41:27] | He would like you to perform for the chess club. | 希望你能去到象棋俱乐部下棋 |
[41:30] | We have a dozen members, and I was suggesting to Mrs. Deardorff | 我们有十几个成员 我在向迪尔多夫女士提议 |
[41:35] | that you come along and play all of them in a simultaneous. | 你过去和他们所有人同步下棋 |
[41:41] | In a what? | 同步是什么 |
[41:42] | At the same time. | 同时 |
[41:45] | We like to give our girls a chance | 我们很乐意给女孩们机会 |
[41:47] | for experience outside whenever we can, but… | 去接触外面的世界 但是 |
[41:51] | I’m a bit wary of letting elizabeth go off | 我有点担心让伊丽莎白 |
[41:54] | to the local high school. | 去本地的高中 |
[41:55] | Oh, well, I would chaperone. | 我会陪她一起去 |
[41:57] | I’d pick her up, take her to the school, then bring her back. | 我会接她 把她带到学校 再送回来 |
[41:59] | I was thinking a young lady might also accompany her. | 我觉得应该让别的女士一起去 |
[42:02] | Well, I assumed that you would come, | 我以为你会来 |
[42:06] | as my guest. | 作为客人 |
[42:09] | No, I… | 不 我 |
[42:11] | I couldn’t possibly abandon my duties here. | 我这里还有工作 |
[42:14] | Well, what if Shirley Munson, | 那雪莉·芒森怎么样 |
[42:17] | club treasurer and one of my best students, | 俱乐部财务主管和我最好的学生之一 |
[42:19] | she comes along? | 她一起来 |
[42:22] | What do you say, Elizabeth? | 你觉得呢 伊丽莎白 |
[42:24] | Do you want to play chess at the high school? | 你想去高中下象棋吗 |
[42:28] | Yes, I’d like to. | 我想去 |
[42:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:33] | It’s settled, then. | 那就这么决定了 |
[42:36] | Mr. Ganz and, uh… | 甘兹先生 和 |
[42:38] | – Charlotte? – Shirley. | -夏洛特 -雪莉 |
[42:39] | Shirley, yes. | 雪莉 没错 |
[42:41] | They will pick you up, let’s say after lunch on Thursday? | 他们会来接你 那就周四午饭后吧 |
[42:44] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[42:55] | I’ll see you then. | 到时候见 |
[42:59] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[43:02] | I’m told that you’ve been playing chess with our custodian. | 我听说你一直在和我们的管理员下棋 |
[43:06] | With Mr. Shaibel. | 夏贝先生 |
[43:08] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[43:11] | This is very irregular, Elizabeth. | 这很不同寻常 伊丽莎白 |
[43:14] | Have you gone to the basement? | 你去过地下室吗 |
[43:17] | Yes, ma’am. | 去过 女士 |
[43:19] | Well, we can’t have that. | 你不能这么做 |
[43:21] | As much as Methuen believes in excellence, | 尽管梅休因坚信卓越 |
[43:23] | we can’t have you playing chess in the basement. | 我们不能让你在地下室下棋 |
[43:30] | I believe that we have chess sets in the game closet. | 我想游戏柜里就有象棋 |
[43:34] | I’ll have Fergussen look into that. | 我会让弗格森去找找 |
[43:37] | That’ll be all, Elizabeth. | 就这样 伊丽莎白 |
[43:39] | Mind your manners at the high school. | 在高中注意行为举止 |
[43:41] | Helen Deardorff. | 海伦·迪尔多夫 |
[43:46] | – There’s one missing. – That’s it. | -少了一个 -就这些 |
[43:49] | Next. | 下一位 |
[43:51] | It’s my turn, Harmon. | 到我了 哈蒙 |
[43:53] | Where are the green ones? | 绿色的去哪了 |
[43:54] | You don’t get them anymore. | 你们不能再吃了 |
[43:56] | There they are, right behind you. | 它们就在那里 就在你背后 |
[43:58] | I know where they are, Harmon, but I’m not gonna give you any. | 我知道在哪 哈蒙 但我不会给你 |
[44:01] | New state law. No more tranquilizers for kids. | 新的州法律 不能再给孩子使用镇定剂 |
[44:05] | – Go figure. – Harmon. | -你自己想吧 -哈蒙 |
[44:07] | “Go thou further off.” | “请汝远去” |
[44:08] | “Bid me farewell, and let me hear thee going.” | “与吾道别 听汝离去” |
[44:12] | – What? – Beat it. | -你说什么 -快走 |
[45:05] | Did Fergussen give you any green pills? | 弗格森给你绿色药丸了吗 |
[45:08] | Extra ones? | 多给你了吗 |
[45:09] | No, honey, I wish he would. | 没有 亲爱的 我倒是希望呢 |
[45:11] | But they got the state after them | 但现在州里在追问他们 |
[45:13] | for what they’ve been doing with those pills. | 拿那些药丸干什么用了 |
[45:17] | They’re still there. | 药还在那 |
[45:19] | In the big jar. | 大罐子里 |
[45:20] | That a fact? | 真的吗 |
[45:23] | I ain’t noticed. | 我都没注意过 |
[45:28] | You’re having withdrawal symptoms? | 你有戒断症状吗 |
[45:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[45:33] | What are those? | 那些是什么 |
[45:35] | Withdrawal, like… | 戒断就像是 |
[45:37] | I don’t know, you getting edgy? | 说不好 你最近脾气急躁吗 |
[45:42] | Yeah, you are. | 对 你有 |
[45:45] | You look around, | 你瞧着吧 |
[45:47] | there’s gonna be some jumpy orphans | 接下去几天会有好多 |
[45:49] | around here the next few days. | 脾气暴躁的孤儿 |
[46:19] | Harmon. | 哈蒙 |
[46:21] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[46:25] | – Do you play the King’s Gambit? – No. | -你用王翼弃兵开局吗 -不 |
[46:27] | It’s my favorite. | 那是我的最爱 |
[46:29] | Did you know chess is older than checkers? | 你知道象棋的起源比跳棋还早吗 |
[46:31] | – No. – By, like, 400 years. | -不知道 -早了大概四百年 |
[46:33] | Wait! | 等等 |
[46:35] | Can I talk to Beth? | 我能跟贝丝说句话吗 |
[46:37] | – Just for a second, wish her luck. – Sure, go ahead. | -就一小会 祝她好运 -行 去吧 |
[46:47] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[48:03] | Take your seats and be quiet, please. | 大家都找位置坐下 安静点 |
[48:06] | Charles Levy will take board number one | 查尔斯·利维用一号棋盘 |
[48:09] | since he’s our top player. | 因为他是我们中最厉害的棋手 |
[48:12] | The rest of you can sit where you want to. | 其他人随便坐 |
[48:13] | There will be no talking during play. | 下棋时不准说话 |
[48:31] | Do I start now? | 我现在开始吗 |
[48:32] | With board number one. | 从一号棋盘开始 |
[48:34] | And then I go on to the next one? | 然后我去下一个棋盘吗 |
[48:36] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[49:04] | They can’t respond until you’ve opened at every board. | 等你给所有棋盘开局后他们才能接着下 |
[49:19] | What surprised me was how bad they played. | 让我意外的是 他们下得太烂了 |
[49:23] | They left backward pawns all over the place, | 他们的落后兵到处都是 |
[49:26] | and their pieces were wide open for forks. | 而且他们的棋子都等着被捉双 |
[50:05] | A few of them tried stupid mating attacks. | 有些人尝试了愚蠢的将杀进攻 |
[50:10] | But I took care of them. | 但我都解决了 |
[50:17] | This boy, Charles Levy, | 那个叫查尔斯·利维的男孩 |
[50:19] | he was supposed to be the best. | 据说是最厉害的 |
[50:22] | I had his pieces tied up in 15 moves. | 但我15步就把他的棋子困住了 |
[50:25] | I mated him in six more, with a knight-rook combination. | 再用6步将死了他 用车马组合 |
[50:39] | Mr. Ganz told me I beat them all | 甘兹先生说我一共用了1小时20分 |
[50:41] | in an hour and 20 minutes. | 打败了他们所有人 |
[50:45] | It felt good. | 感觉很好 |
[50:47] | I’ve never won anything before. | 我之前从没赢过什么 |
[50:52] | You should get back. | 你该回去了 |
[50:55] | You can have the rest. | 剩下的给你吧 |
[51:08] | Jolene. | 乔琳 |
[51:09] | Do you have any more vitamins? | 你还有维他命吗 |
[51:12] | Don’t be rude. | 别这么没礼貌 |
[51:14] | This is Samantha. She just got here. | 这是萨曼莎 她刚来 |
[51:17] | Haven’t you got even just one? | 你连一颗都没了吗 |
[51:20] | How’d the exhibit go? You do okay? | 交流会怎么样 你表现地好吗 |
[51:23] | – Fine, but I need– – I don’t want to hear about it. | -还行 但我需要 -我不想听 |
[51:28] | Hello, Samantha. | 你好 萨曼莎 |
[52:06] | Jesus. Renounce him, so all can hear. | 天呐 摒弃他 让民众知道 |
[52:18] | I cannot renounce him, sire. Nor can you. | 我不能摒弃他 陛下 你也不行 |
[52:21] | He is my king and yours as well. | 他是我的王 也是您的 |
[52:24] | He is the son of God. | 他是上帝的儿子 |
[52:28] | And that is your answer? | 这就是你的答案吗 |
[52:30] | Yes, sire. | 对 陛下 |
[52:35] | Tribune Gallio, | 加里奥护民官 |
[52:36] | we decree that you be | 我们裁定你 |
[52:37] | taken immediately to the palace archery field | 立即被押解宫殿箭场 |
[52:39] | and put to death for high treason. | 因叛国罪处以死刑 |
[52:49] | No, Diana. No, there’s no reason for it. | 不 戴安娜 没有正当理由 |
[52:53] | Sire, Marcellus is my chosen husband. | 陛下 马塞勒斯是我拣选的丈夫 |
[52:55] | I ask to go with him. | 我请求跟他一同受罚 |
[52:57] | Bathroom. | 去厕所 |
[52:58] | Hurry up. | 赶紧 |
[52:59] | Stand back! You’re not on trial! | 退下 你没有被审判 |
[53:02] | There’s no evidence against you! | 没有你的罪证 |
[53:04] | Then if it please you, sire, I’ll provide evidence. | 如果能让您欢喜 陛下 我可以提供罪状 |
[53:14] | A traitor! And a conspirator against the state! | 叛徒 反国家的共谋者 |
[53:17] | No, not Marcellus! | 不 马塞勒斯不是 |
[53:18] | That’s why he hasn’t come to you. | 所以他没有臣服于你 |
[53:31] | Stop it! | 住口 |
[53:32] | But in you, noble blood has turned to poison. | 但你竟敢玷污如此优良血统 |
[53:35] | You corrupt Rome with your spite and malice. | 你的恶行另罗马堕落腐败 |
[53:37] | – Stop! Stop it! – You should be Caesar! | -停下 住口 -你应该做恺撒 |
[53:55] | Stop it! | 停下 |
[53:56] | As for me, I have found another king. | 至于我 我已经找到另一个君王 |
[54:00] | I want to go with my husband… | 我要与我的丈夫 |
[54:03] | into his kingdom. | 同往他的国度 |
[54:05] | Then by the gods you shall! | 那你们就去吧 |
[54:08] | Go, both of you! | 走 你们都走 |
[54:10] | Into your kingdom! | 去你们的国度 |
[54:53] | They’re going into a better kingdom. | 他们要去更好的国度 |
[54:56] | They’re going into a better kingdom! | 他们要去更好的国度 |
[54:59] | They’re gonna meet their king! | 他们要去见他们的君王 |
[55:01] | They’re going to meet their king! | 他们要去见他们的君王 |
[55:46] | All right, girls. | 好了 姑娘们 |
[55:48] | Let’s all have some cocoa and discuss what we’ve learned. | 我们一起喝点热巧克力 说说学到了什么 |
[56:06] | – Elizabeth! – Mama? | -伊丽莎白 -妈妈 |
[56:09] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |