时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Spaceships, aliens, all this stuff | 宇宙飞船 外星人 所有这些 |
[00:11] | we’re asked to investigate– | 我们调查的 |
[00:12] | the Air Force knows they don’t exist. | 空军部队知道他们不存在 |
[00:14] | There is nothing that can come out of that sky | 天空中无论出现什么 |
[00:16] | that you or I can’t explain. | 你我都可以解释 |
[00:17] | If you believe that you have seen these | 如果你们确信自己看见了 |
[00:19] | strange lights in the sky, please raise your hands. | 天空中这些奇怪的光 请举起你们的手 |
[00:24] | You don’t actually believe | 你不会真的相信 |
[00:25] | an inch of this could be for real, do you? | 这里写的任何东西吧 |
[00:26] | The probability of us | 人类是整个宇宙中 |
[00:27] | being alone in our universe is zero. | 唯一生命体的可能性基本为零 |
[00:30] | And what does your husband do? | 你丈夫是做什么的 |
[00:31] | Can’t really talk about it. | 我真的不能说 |
[00:35] | I think there’s something more going on. | 我认为还有一些事 |
[00:38] | Logic can’t begin to explain what we’re dealing with here. | 逻辑解释不了我们现在面对的事情 |
[00:43] | Something big is about to happen, | 有大事要发生 |
[00:45] | something you’ve been waiting for | 一件你接受了这份工作后 |
[00:46] | since you took this job: | 日夜期盼的大事 |
[00:48] | proof. | 证据 |
[00:49] | I’d like to be up there, sir. | 长官 我希望能去参战 |
[00:51] | No one’s better qualified at this stage. | 目前没有人比我更有资格 |
[00:53] | In my opinion, it was an aircraft, | 在我看来 它是一架飞机 |
[00:55] | but I have no idea what kind. | 但是我不知道是什么类型 |
[00:57] | I’m convinced that Captain Quinn believes his story. | 我确信奎恩上尉相信他所供述的经过 |
[01:01] | The confusion described, the disorientation | 但是描述中的混乱 无序 |
[01:03] | sounds more like hypoxic dementia. | 听起来更像是缺氧性痴呆 |
[01:06] | After all we’ve seen, you sold me out. | 我们共同见证了这么多 而你竟出卖了我 |
[01:09] | The only way to really get to the truth | 找到真相的唯一方法 |
[01:10] | is to convince them that we don’t believe. | 就是让他们认为我们不相信这些 |
[01:12] | Because if we don’t believe, then we’re not a threat, | 因为如果我们不相信 我们就不是威胁 |
[01:15] | and if we’re not a threat, then… | 如果我们不是威胁 那么 |
[01:16] | We keep our jobs. | 我们才能保住工作 |
[01:17] | Jobs which will allow us | 工作能让我们 |
[01:19] | to continue our search for the truth. | 继续去探索真相 |
[01:27] | We have our orders, fellas. Keep it together. | 我们收到指令了 保持队形 |
[01:37] | Generals, I’m moving in to engage. | 将军 我准备进行交战 |
[01:49] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[01:54] | I can’t keep up with it! | 我跟不上它 |
[02:01] | I can’t hold it. | 我撑不住了 |
[02:02] | It’s taking control! | 它控制住了战机 |
[02:06] | Captain, standing by. | 上尉 待命 |
[02:07] | Losing power. | 失去动力 |
[02:09] | Losing control. | 失去控制 |
[02:11] | Has the target been eliminated? | 目标被消灭了吗 |
[02:13] | Captain Quinn, what is your status? | 奎恩上尉 你的情况如何 |
[02:16] | Come in, Captain Quinn. | 回话 奎恩上尉 |
[02:18] | Captain Quinn, | 奎恩上尉 |
[02:20] | do you copy? | 你听得到吗 |
[02:22] | Do you copy? | 你听得到吗 |
[02:24] | Pull up. Pull up, Captain. | 拉起 拉起 上尉 |
[02:28] | There are still things that I just can’t account for. | 还有些事情我就是无法解释 |
[02:30] | There is nothing that can come out of that sky | 天空中无论出现什么 |
[02:32] | that you or I can’t explain. | 你我都可以解释 |
[02:33] | Even when the truth flies right over your head, | 即使把真相摆在你的眼皮底下 |
[02:36] | it’s still impossible to believe. | 它还是很难让人相信 |
[02:38] | This is gonna change everything. | 这即将改变一切 |
[02:43] | Captain? | 上尉 |
[02:44] | Need I remind you of our purpose here? | 需要我提醒你我们在这里的意义吗 |
[02:45] | Captain, do you read me? | 上尉 你听到我讲话吗 |
[02:46] | Flying saucers don’t exist. | 飞碟不存在 |
[02:48] | Captain! | 上尉 |
[02:50] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[02:53] | Captain, what do you think? | 上尉 你觉得怎么样 |
[02:57] | It’s, uh– it’s for the generals. | 是给将军们的 |
[02:59] | I figured if we advertised our patriotic victories, | 我想如果我们宣传一下我们的爱国胜利 |
[03:02] | we’d earn back some trust. | 我们能赢回一些信任 |
[03:03] | 《华盛顿纪事报》 华盛顿上空的飞碟不过是温度逆转 | |
[03:04] | Give the generals what they want, | 让将军们听他们想听的 |
[03:05] | lets us uncover the truth in our own time. | 好让我们有机会去挖掘真相 |
[03:08] | You don’t seem so sure now. | 你现在好像不那么确定了 |
[03:10] | I’ve been thinking about what happened up there, | 我一直在想着天上所发生的事 |
[03:13] | that plane over D.C. | 首都华盛顿上空的飞机 |
[03:15] | That theory of yours, hypoxic dementia. | 你那个解释 缺氧性痴呆 |
[03:20] | Maybe I was imagining things. | 也许我确实出现幻觉了 |
[03:31] | Going somewhere? | 要出去吗 |
[03:33] | Ah, it just came up last-minute. | 刚刚送来的 |
[03:35] | Top secret flight request to Roswell, New Mexico, | 绝密飞行命令前往新墨西哥的罗斯威尔 |
[03:38] | just came up? | 刚送来的 |
[03:40] | What the hell is going on? | 到底是什么情况 |
[03:42] | I got another one of those calls last night. | 我昨晚又接到一个那样的电话 |
[03:48] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[03:49] | Guy ranting about Roswell, | 有个家伙说什么罗斯威尔的事 |
[03:50] | saying he knows all its secrets… | 说他了解所有的秘密 |
[03:52] | all our secrets. | 我们所有的秘密 |
[03:54] | Says he has real evidence this time. | 说他这次有实实在在的证据 |
[03:56] | There’s always gonna be some nutbag out there | 总是会有什么神经病 |
[03:58] | that says that they have evidence. | 说他们手上有证据 |
[04:00] | You can’t take it personal. | 你不能当真 |
[04:02] | Calls are one thing. | 来电是一回事 |
[04:03] | Every time I give an inch to someone | 总有人借着外星人及飞碟的阴谋论 |
[04:04] | who’s looking to tear our nation apart | 企图分裂国家 |
[04:06] | with conspiracy theories about aliens and flying saucers, | 每次我向他们让步 |
[04:09] | it tells me one thing. | 就让我明白一件事 |
[04:14] | I didn’t do my fucking job. | 我的工作没做到位 |
[04:17] | Sure, I’m having second thoughts. | 当然 我是有些疑虑 |
[04:19] | I mean, look at all these cases. | 看看这些案例 |
[04:20] | Every single one of them has some sort of… | 每个案例都存在着些… |
[04:22] | scientific logical explanation. | 符合科学逻辑的解释 |
[04:24] | You mean excuse. | 你是说借口 |
[04:26] | Look, I don’t know what I saw up there, | 我不知道我看到了什么 |
[04:28] | but I do know people are scared, | 但我知道 民众很恐慌 |
[04:30] | and it’s our job to tell them | 而是我们的职责就是去告诉他们 |
[04:31] | there’s nothing to be afraid of. | 没有什么值得恐慌的 |
[04:32] | But that doesn’t change the fact that you and I | 但那改变不了你我二人 |
[04:35] | have both seen things that can’t be explained. | 都看到了无法解释的现象 |
[04:40] | General Harding is ready for you both. | 哈丁将军想见你们两位 |
[04:43] | Here we go. | 走吧 |
[04:45] | Look what we accomplished in D.C. | 瞧瞧我们在华盛顿特区的工作成果 |
[04:47] | An unknown threat buzzes the White House. | 一起不知名事件威胁到了白宫 |
[04:49] | Hundreds of people witness it, | 数百人目睹了整件事 |
[04:51] | and yet we’re the ones to put it to bed. How? | 但仍旧靠我们终止了谣言 如何做到的 |
[04:54] | Because we officially investigated it. | 因为我们正式展开了调查 |
[04:56] | I want Project Blue Book | 我想要蓝皮书计划 |
[04:58] | to formally close the Roswell Incident. | 把罗斯威尔事件正式结案 |
[05:00] | Closing Roswell means reopening it. | 结案意味着重启调查 |
[05:03] | You put Blue Book in that position | 你将蓝皮书置于那种境地 |
[05:05] | and they fail, those guys won’t be the only ones to lose their jobs. | 然后调查失败 不仅只有那些人会失去工作 |
[05:09] | Are you ready to face that? | 你准备好面对那些了吗 |
[05:11] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[05:15] | Generals. Sir, you wanted to see us? | 将军 长官 你想见我们吗 |
[05:19] | We’re going on a little field trip. | 我们准备出一次外勤 |
[05:21] | Uh, where? | 去哪里 |
[05:22] | New Mexico. | 新墨西哥州 |
[05:23] | I’ll brief you in the air. | 我在飞机上给你做简报 |
[05:24] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[05:28] | Would you excuse us, please, Doctor? | 博士 你可以稍微回避下吗 |
[05:30] | – Certainly. – Thank you. | -当然可以 -谢谢 |
[05:36] | You see anything unusual out there, | 到时候 你碰到任何不寻常的情况 |
[05:39] | I want you to call me right away, you got it? | 立刻通知我 明白了吗 |
[05:42] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[05:43] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[06:03] | General Blackstone’s an old friend. | 黑石将军是一位老朋友了 |
[06:05] | Deputy commander of the 58th Bomb Wing. | 第58轰炸联队副指挥官 |
[06:07] | Helped us clean up the whole Roswell debacle back in ’47. | 47年的时候帮我们解决了罗斯威尔的烂摊子 |
[06:15] | – Jimmy. – Ryan. | -吉米 -瑞恩 |
[06:16] | Great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:18] | What it’s been, about six years now? | 多少年了 六年了吧 |
[06:20] | Looking more like, uh, ten for you. | 看你好像老了十岁了啊 |
[06:22] | Ah. General, | 将军 |
[06:24] | Captain Quinn, Dr. Hynek. | 这两位是奎恩上尉和海尼克博士 |
[06:26] | I’m sure the general has told you all about | 我相信将军已经把我这里的情况 |
[06:27] | our, uh, situation here. | 都给你们解释了一遍 |
[06:29] | His side of it, yes. | 他的看法 没错 |
[06:30] | Six years on, we’ve still got | 六年了 当地还流传着 |
[06:31] | locals spreading lies about, uh, aliens running around out in the desert. | 荒漠里有外星人的谣言 |
[06:34] | Yeah, you said you had a file room set up | 你说你们已经准备好了一间资料室 |
[06:36] | for these guys so they can get started? | 可以让他们迅速着手开始工作 |
[06:38] | I got the reports all laid out for you. | 所有的报告都已经为你们准备好了 |
[06:43] | I’ll be right outside if you need anything else. | 如果有任何其他需要 我就在门外 |
[06:45] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome, sir. | -谢谢 -不客气 长官 |
[06:51] | This is all redacted. There’s nothing here. | 这些都是编辑过的 没什么值得看的 |
[06:55] | You do know what we need to do here, right? | 你知道我们来这的任务 对吧 |
[06:58] | Rubber-stamp this and move on. | 例行公事浏览一下 然后继续 |
[06:59] | You wanna rubber-stamp something like that? | 这种事件的报告 你想例行公事浏览下吗 |
[07:03] | I was actually relieved to get your call, Jim. | 吉姆 接到你的电话 其实让我松了口气 |
[07:06] | Ever since D.C., town’s been talking again. | 自从特区那件事之后 城里的人都议论纷纷 |
[07:10] | People just don’t wanna believe. | 民众不愿意相信 |
[07:13] | People? | 民众 |
[07:15] | How many people? | 多少人 |
[07:16] | If this was just a weather balloon, | 如果只是气象气球 |
[07:18] | why all the secrecy? | 为什么要搞的这么神神秘秘 |
[07:19] | I mean, there’s not even a photograph of the crash site. | 连一张坠机现场的照片都没有 |
[07:21] | This is ridiculous! | 太假了 |
[07:22] | I mean, this can’t be all there is. | 不可能只有这些资料 |
[07:24] | Doc… | 博士 |
[07:25] | I mean, there’s obviously something going on here. | 这件事显然有隐情 |
[07:28] | Listen, Harding wouldn’t have brought us | 如果只是为了掩饰 |
[07:29] | if this was a total cover-up. | 哈丁不会带我们来这里 |
[07:30] | Oh, yeah, he would, | 不 他会的 |
[07:32] | if he thought we were gonna play ball. | 如果他以为我们会合作 |
[07:33] | After D.C., | 自从华盛顿事件之后 |
[07:34] | we’re the ones who close cases, remember? | 结案的人是我们 记得吗 |
[07:37] | Doesn’t mean every case is a cover-up now. | 但并不意味着现在每个案子都是掩饰 |
[07:38] | – Go, go, go! – What’s going on? | -快 快 -出什么事了 |
[07:40] | Stay here. | 待在这里 |
[07:49] | General, we have a report | 将军 我们接到报告 |
[07:51] | of a downed aircraft about 50 miles northwest of here. | 一架飞机在距离此地西北方向50英里处坠毁 |
[07:54] | – Is it one of ours? – No, sir. | -是我们的飞机吗 -不是 长官 |
[07:55] | We have no idea what it is, | 我们不知道是什么 |
[07:56] | but apparently the whole desert’s on fire. | 但显然整个沙漠都着火了 |
[08:13] | There it is. | 就在那边 |
[08:21] | What the hell is that? | 那到底是什么 |
[08:37] | All right, let’s get that flag out of there. | 把那面国旗拿走 |
[08:39] | Put some shovels on that fire, let’s go. | 用铁锹铲土灭火 快点 |
[08:41] | What are you waiting for? Let’s go, let’s go! | 你们在等什么 快点行动 |
[08:44] | Move, move! | 快点 快点 |
[08:50] | Hey, what have you got? | 发现了什么 |
[08:51] | This was found at the site, but it’s locked. | 在现场发现了这个 但是有锁 |
[08:53] | Okay, let me see that, please. | 请给我看看 |
[08:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:00] | Doc, what is that? | 博士 是什么 |
[09:01] | I don’t know… yet. | 我暂时还不知道 |
[09:03] | Harding? | 哈丁 |
[09:05] | The day the, uh, original Roswell crash | 媒体报道罗斯威尔号 |
[09:07] | was reported in the press, July… | 失事的那天 7月 |
[09:09] | – 8, 19- – 1947, yes. | -8号 19… -1947年 没错 |
[09:15] | Jim. Box has your name on it. | 吉姆 盒子上有你的名字 |
[09:20] | How’d you know how to do that? | 你怎么知道这样能打开 |
[09:25] | What is that? What are you doing? | 那是什么 你在做什么 |
[09:27] | Evidently somebody left us a message. | 显然有人给我们留下了信息 |
[09:31] | “In 1947, alien spacecraft crashed in this desert. | 1947年 外星飞船在这片沙漠里坠毁 |
[09:35] | Before you stands the man who covered it all up, | 站在你面前的是那个把一切都掩盖起来的人 |
[09:38] | General Harding. | 哈丁将军 |
[09:40] | Tomorrow at 9:00 A.M., I will show the world proof | 明早九点 我要向世界出示 |
[09:42] | of what really happened in Roswell, New Mexico. | 有关新墨西哥罗斯威尔真相的证据 |
[10:14] | You can see this smoke for miles, Jim. | 方圆数里之外都能看到烟雾 吉姆 |
[10:16] | Only a matter of time before this place starts rumbling again. | 用不了多久这里就会再次谣言四起 |
[10:22] | Can’t have this happen again. | 不能再让这种事发生 |
[10:23] | I need to find out who did this. | 我要查出是何人所为 |
[10:25] | You don’t think I’d have an idea. | 你不会以为我知道是谁吧 |
[10:27] | It’s your town. | 这是你的城市 |
[10:30] | Jimmy, after what you pulled here in ’47, | 吉米 你47年在这做了那些事之后 |
[10:33] | you know who’d wanna stage a stunt like this? | 你知道是谁在这里搞这么一出吗 |
[10:36] | Everyone. | 每个人都有可能 |
[10:37] | General, the captain and I were talking. | 将军 我和上尉刚刚谈到 |
[10:38] | There’s a TV station here in town. | 城里有个电视台 |
[10:41] | What if we went there to… | 如果我们能去那里 |
[10:43] | stop this news from spreading, | 阻止消息散播出去 |
[10:44] | get ahead of it like we did in D.C.? | 就像我们在华盛顿一样先人一步 |
[10:46] | That’s actually a great idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[10:48] | Tell them it’s a national security issue. | 告诉他们 这是国家安全问题 |
[10:50] | Tell them to keep their mouths shut. | 让他们把嘴闭上 |
[10:52] | Anyone’s got a problem, you let me know. | 要是谁有意见 告诉我 |
[10:54] | Sir. | 遵命 |
[10:56] | Quinn. | 奎恩 |
[11:02] | That note. | 那张纸条 |
[11:04] | It stays between us, you understand? | 千万不能外传 明白吗 |
[11:06] | Of course, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[11:14] | What the hell was that all about back there, huh? | 刚才到底是怎么回事 |
[11:17] | I know you weren’t just trying to make us look good. | 我知道你不只是想让我们脸上有光 |
[11:18] | If you read the reports, you’d know that Harding | 如果你看了报告 你就知道哈丁 |
[11:20] | was the man in charge of the investigation | 是当时调查的负责人 |
[11:21] | and that he ordered all the material gathered | 他下令将所有在坠机地点 |
[11:24] | at the crash site flown out of the base | 收集到的材料 |
[11:25] | as quickly as possible– | 尽快从基地运走 |
[11:27] | on two separate planes, in case one crashed. | 分别用两架飞机运送 以免其中一架坠毁 |
[11:29] | Wait, how do you know that? That’s classified information. | 等等 你怎么知道 那是机密信息 |
[11:32] | I have a source I rely on for these kind of situations now. | 在这种情况下 我有可靠的消息来源 |
[11:35] | What source? | 什么消息来源 |
[11:36] | We have 24 hours to find out who wrote this; | 我们有24小时的时间去查清楚纸条是谁写的 |
[11:38] | we won’t be able to do that | 如果我们等哈丁下达命令 |
[11:39] | if we wait on Harding to give his orders. | 就没法这么做了 |
[11:40] | What, we have to find this nutjob? | 什么 我们得去找到这个疯子吗 |
[11:42] | Well, if Harding finds him first, | 如果哈丁先找到他 |
[11:43] | he’ll bury anything they have | 他会掩盖一切事实 |
[11:44] | and we’ll never know if any of it’s true. | 我们永远也不会知道事情的真相了 |
[11:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:49] | Mimi. | 米米 |
[11:51] | Oh, Allen. Where are you? | 艾伦 你在哪 |
[11:52] | I thought you’d be home hours ago. | 我还以为你几小时前会回到家 |
[11:54] | I’m in New Mexico. | 我在新墨西哥州 |
[11:56] | Roswell, actually. | 其实是在罗斯威尔 |
[11:57] | What? When did that happen? | 什么 这是什么时候的事 |
[11:59] | Late last night. | 昨天深夜 |
[12:01] | Harding practically kidnapped us. | 哈丁差不多是绑架了我们 |
[12:03] | Look, I need some information again. | 我又需要一些信息 |
[12:05] | Okay, just hold on. | 好的 稍等 |
[12:14] | Is this my handsome captain | 这是我帅气的上尉 |
[12:15] | calling me to say he’s running late? | 打电话告诉我要迟到了吗 |
[12:18] | I’m actually calling to cancel. | 我其实想取消约会 |
[12:20] | I’m out of town for a couple days. | 我要出城几日 |
[12:21] | Anywhere fun? | 去好玩的地方吗 |
[12:23] | Anywhere but. | 一点也不好玩 |
[12:27] | And here I was, hoping to enjoy that warm bed of yours again. | 我还希望能够再次与你共枕 |
[12:31] | The first thing I’m gonna need is, uh, names of witnesses | 首先我需要一些证人姓名 |
[12:34] | who may have seen something strange, peculiar | 他们可能在1947年7月目击到了什么 |
[12:37] | July 1947. | 奇怪的现象 |
[12:39] | Well, when I get back, I promise. | 等我回去 保证再度良宵 |
[12:44] | I gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[12:45] | – I’ll miss you. – You too. | -我会想你的 -我也是 |
[12:53] | You look flushed. | 你脸红了 |
[12:54] | Sunburn. | 太阳晒的 |
[12:56] | Not used to this heat. You get what you needed? | 不习惯这里的温度 你拿到需要的信息了吗 |
[12:58] | I have to check back later. | 我得稍后回电确认 |
[13:01] | Is this source, like, a student or something | 你的消息来源是个在图书馆里 |
[13:03] | scouring the library? | 翻找资料的学生吗 |
[13:04] | Yeah, something like that. | 是的 差不多 |
[13:05] | Come on, station’s this way. | 走吧 电台在这边 |
[13:10] | There was another crash? | 又发生了坠毁 |
[13:12] | No, no, there was no crash. | 不 不 没有坠毁 |
[13:13] | That’s why we’re here. It’s all a hoax. | 所以我们才来这里 一切都是骗局 |
[13:16] | So if anyone tries to report… | 所以如果有人想要报道 |
[13:16] | What do you mean, a hoax? | 你说的骗局是什么意思 |
[13:18] | Well, it’s under investigation, | 这件事目前正在调查 |
[13:20] | which means that for now, | 也就是说目前而言 |
[13:22] | should anything get broadcast | 如果任何新闻 |
[13:23] | without prior Air Force authorization, | 未经空军批准进行报道 |
[13:25] | it would be a national security issue. | 这将是一个国家安全问题 |
[13:26] | Totally understand. Whatever the Air Force wants. | 完全明白 空军想怎么样都行 |
[13:29] | Don’t wanna lose my license again. | 我可不想再被吊销执照了 |
[13:30] | Lose your license again? | 再被吊销执照 |
[13:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:35] | – Mr. McDoyle. – Yes? | -麦克道尔先生 -怎么了 |
[13:38] | Someone tried to take your broadcast license away? | 有人企图吊销你的播报执照 |
[13:40] | Uh, when? | 什么时候 |
[13:41] | Uh, it was back in ’47, | 在1947年 |
[13:43] | after the first crash, | 第一次坠毁之后 |
[13:44] | but it was just a misunderstanding. | 但一切都只是误会 |
[13:46] | You got nothing to worry about this time. | 这次你完全不用担心 |
[13:52] | I’m a patriot, just like you boys. | 我和你们一样都是爱国者 |
[13:57] | Well, that wasn’t weird at all, was it? | 那一点也不奇怪 是吗 |
[13:59] | So on the day of the original crash, | 所以在最初坠毁的那天 |
[14:00] | the radio station reportedly broadcast calls | 电台播报了惊慌失措的当地居民的电话 |
[14:03] | from panicked locals who say they saw | 他们声称目击到了 |
[14:05] | an actual ship crash down. | 一艘真正的飞碟坠毁 |
[14:07] | The radio stations, now the TV station. | 先是广播电台 现在是电视台 |
[14:09] | The Air Force allegedly confiscated the tapes of those calls and, | 据称 空军没收了那些电话的磁带 |
[14:12] | it would appear, threatened to take away the station license as well. | 而且 他们还威胁吊销电台播报执照 |
[14:15] | Okay, how do you know all this stuff? | 好吧 你怎么知道这些事的 |
[14:18] | Why do you know all this stuff? | 你为什么会知道这些事 |
[14:19] | I told you, after D.C., | 我和你说了 华盛顿事件后 |
[14:20] | I started looking into past cases. | 我开始调查以往案例 |
[14:22] | Yeah, to understand the history a little bit more, yes, | 没错 为了进一步了解事件历史 |
[14:24] | but these details… | 但是这些细节 |
[14:25] | there’s nothing in the official reports. | 官方报道中一点也没有透露 |
[14:29] | What else do you know about what happened here? | 你还知道这里发生了什么 |
[14:30] | And where are you getting this information? | 你是从哪里得到这些信息的 |
[14:32] | It’s just drawn together from various sources, | 只是从不同来源综合而得的信息 |
[14:34] | researches, reports– it’s all public record. | 研究 报道 都是公开记录 |
[14:36] | So it’s hearsay. | 所以都是传闻 |
[14:37] | Well, you look at it that way, our entire job is hearsay. | 如果你这么看 我们的工作本身就是传闻 |
[14:39] | The unofficial version of events at Roswell | 罗斯威尔事件的非官方版本 |
[14:42] | is quite compelling, Captain. | 可是十分令人信服的 上尉 |
[14:45] | All right, Doc. | 好的 博士 |
[14:48] | Compel me, then. | 说服我看看 |
[14:50] | July 5, 1947. | 1947年7月5日 |
[14:53] | There was a major storm. | 有一场大风暴 |
[14:55] | The locals said it was the lightning | 当地人说是那晚的雷电 |
[14:57] | that took it down that night. | 把飞船击落的 |
[15:03] | Next morning, a rancher by the name of Mike Connors | 第二天早上 名为迈克·康纳斯的农场主 |
[15:06] | found his field covered in a strange metal. | 发现他的农场被奇怪的金属覆盖 |
[15:14] | He said whatever the debris was, | 他说 无论那个残骸是什么 |
[15:16] | he could tell that it wasn’t man-made. | 他能看出那不是人工制造的 |
[15:21] | By the end of the day, his neighbors are showing up, | 当天晚上 他的邻居出现了 |
[15:23] | collecting bits of it for themselves, | 各自收集了一些残骸碎片 |
[15:25] | and he felt it was his duty to inform the authorities. | 他觉得自己有义务告知当局 |
[15:29] | They took one look at it, | 他们看了一眼样本 |
[15:30] | and they all thought the same thing. | 然后都想到了同一件事 |
[15:34] | It was part of an extraterrestrial craft. | 残骸是外星飞船的一部分 |
[15:38] | And…someone leaked it out. | 然而 有人泄露了这个消息 |
[15:42] | Soon as the story hit the wire, | 不久 消息就成了新闻头条 |
[15:43] | it caused shockwaves far and wide. | 引起了大范围的轰动 |
[15:45] | Papers in Europe even got hold of it. | 这个消息甚至传到了欧洲 |
[15:47] | And that…is when the big guns arrived. | 因此 引来了大人物的到访 |
[15:54] | General Harding, he was put in charge of the investigation, | 哈丁将军 他奉命负责这起调查 |
[15:58] | or the cover-up, depending on how you look at it. | 或者换个角度 你也可以称其为掩饰真相 |
[16:03] | Once he got to Connors’ farm, | 他刚到达康纳斯的农场时 |
[16:05] | no one’s really sure what happened, but two days later, | 大家都不知道他到底做了什么 但是两天后 |
[16:08] | Connors bought himself a brand-new car, | 康纳斯给自己买了辆新车 |
[16:11] | and the entire town stopped talking. | 整个小镇都停止了议论 |
[16:15] | During that time, | 在此期间 |
[16:16] | the wreckage was flown out of Roswell and taken to Texas, | 飞碟残骸被带离罗斯威尔 送往得克萨斯州 |
[16:19] | where Harding held a press conference. | 哈丁在那里举行了新闻发布会 |
[16:23] | The saucer, he said, | 他说 这个飞碟 |
[16:24] | was nothing more than a weather balloon. | 只不过是一个气象气球 |
[16:38] | I’m gonna get a cheeseburger. You want a cheeseburger? | 我要点个芝士汉堡 你要来个芝士汉堡吗 |
[16:41] | Did you hear anything that I said? | 你听到我刚才说的了吗 |
[16:42] | Every word. | 听得清清楚楚 |
[16:46] | Getting at the truth and entertaining every conspiracy story | 探寻真相和用阴谋论故事娱乐大众 |
[16:49] | are two very different things, Doc. | 完全是两码事 博士 |
[16:50] | Maybe you need to ask yourself which conspiracy you are entertaining, | 也许你该问问自己这是否仅仅是个故事 |
[16:54] | because you saw Harding at that crash site, and he was–hi. | 因为你也看见哈丁在飞碟坠毁现场了 而且他 |
[16:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:02] | There you go. | 好了 |
[17:03] | – Okay… – He’s hiding something. | -好吧 -他一定有所隐瞒 |
[17:05] | Let’s say even half your story is true. | 就算你的故事中有一半是真的 |
[17:07] | How does one person silence an entire town? | 一个人又该怎么让整个城市的人封口呢 |
[17:09] | One by one, starting at the radio station. | 一个个来 从电台开始 |
[17:13] | After D.C., we agreed to work together from the inside, | 华盛顿事件后 我们同意要一起从内部调查 |
[17:15] | following the evidence wherever it led us. | 跟着证据走 无论证据指向何处 |
[17:16] | We also agreed to keep our heads down | 我们也说好了要保持低调 |
[17:18] | so they don’t get cut off. | 好保住我们的工作 |
[17:20] | I mean, Harding’s practically our chaperone here. | 哈丁现在基本上就是我们的行为监督人 |
[17:22] | Then we just need to be extra careful. | 那我们只需要加倍小心就好了 |
[17:23] | Look, if someone in Roswell really is holding the smoking gun, | 听着 如果罗斯威尔真的有人还藏着确凿证据 |
[17:26] | then this isn’t just our chance to reveal the truth; | 那我们就不止可以揭开飞碟真相 |
[17:28] | it also means the cover-up is real, | 也可以让他们掩盖真相的行为坐实 |
[17:30] | which makes it our duty to bring Harding down. | 那么扳倒哈丁就成了我们的责任 |
[17:39] | Look, Captain, I know you swore an oath. | 上尉 我知道你入伍时宣过誓 |
[17:41] | I know what Harding has done for you. | 我也知道哈丁为你做过的事 |
[17:43] | But this, this is– it’s bigger than that. | 但是这件事更为重要 |
[17:46] | You realize what you’re saying. | 你知道自己在说什么吗 |
[17:46] | If the government is covering up the existence | 如果政府真的掩盖了出现在 |
[17:48] | of flying saucers in Roswell, | 罗斯威尔的飞船的存在 |
[17:50] | then you and I are in the best position to expose that truth. | 那么你和我就是揭露事实真相的最佳人选 |
[17:56] | Are you willing to do that with me? | 你愿意和我一起完成这件事吗 |
[18:22] | Mike Connors. | 迈克·康纳斯 |
[18:26] | It’s been a while. | 好久不见了 |
[18:37] | General. | 将军 |
[18:39] | Shit, I forget how hot it gets out here. | 妈的 我都忘了这里有多热了 |
[18:42] | I swear I have no idea how you make a living in a place like this. | 我发誓 我真不知道你怎么在这种地方谋生的 |
[18:46] | Oh, I got your message. | 我收到了你的消息 |
[18:50] | What message? | 什么消息 |
[18:51] | You really didn’t need all the theatrics, | 你真的不需要这么大张旗鼓 |
[18:54] | although… | 但是 |
[18:55] | calling my house in the middle of the night just to get me here? | 为了让我到这来 深更半夜给我家打电话 |
[18:59] | That was ballsy. | 你确实有种 |
[19:02] | What happened? Seriously. | 发生什么事了 说真的 |
[19:05] | Did you–you spend it all? | 是不是你把钱都花光了 |
[19:08] | Did you lose it at the track? | 还是赌马输光了 |
[19:16] | Who wrote this? | 这是谁写的 |
[19:18] | Look… | 听着 |
[19:20] | I’m here so we can work this out, | 我来了 好把事情解决掉 |
[19:22] | just like last time. | 就像上次一样 |
[19:24] | You just give me the evidence that you say you’ve kept and | 只要你把你说还保留着的证据给我 那么 |
[19:27] | this is yours. | 这就是你的了 |
[19:30] | But…this isn’t me. | 但是 这不是我写的 |
[19:33] | I don’t have anything. | 我什么东西都没有 |
[19:40] | You of all people should know | 在所有人里面 你应该最清楚 |
[19:42] | that I don’t like being lied to. | 我不喜欢有人对我撒谎 |
[19:46] | Now, Mike, you really want me to believe that it wasn’t you? | 迈克 你真的指望我相信这不是你写的吗 |
[19:49] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[20:09] | You know, when you first came to see me… | 知道吗 当你第一次来见我的时候 |
[20:13] | I thought you were here to help. | 我以为你是来帮我的 |
[20:16] | And you did. | 你的确帮了 |
[20:19] | That money changed my life. | 那笔钱改变了我的人生 |
[20:24] | And I’ve regretted it every day since. | 但是从那以后 我每一天都在后悔 |
[20:35] | Get the hell off my land. | 滚出我的农场 |
[20:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:45] | Gentlemen… | 先生们 |
[20:47] | he needs more convincing. | 他需要进一步的说服 |
[20:54] | You think you can get away with this again? | 你以为你这次还能得逞吗 |
[20:58] | The whole town knows what you did, Harding! | 整个镇的人都知道你干了什么 哈丁 |
[21:02] | Now we know the real truth of what happened here. | 现在我们知道这里究竟发生了什么 |
[21:25] | We’ll see you next week. | 我们下周见 |
[21:26] | – Thank you. Have a nice night. – Sounds great. | -谢谢 晚安 -好极了 |
[21:29] | Evan. | 埃文 |
[21:31] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[21:32] | Oh, you missed a whopper of a meeting today. | 你今天错过了一个很重要的集会 |
[21:35] | The Aurora Incident of 1897. | 1897年奥罗拉不明飞行物体坠毁事件 |
[21:37] | I think my mind is still reeling | 我的大脑还在被 |
[21:38] | over last week’s McMinnville photos, but… | 上周麦克明维尔的照片弄得晕头转向的 但是 |
[21:41] | I’m glad I caught you before you left. | 幸好在你走之前找到你了 |
[21:44] | Oh, I know that face. | 我明白那表情 |
[21:48] | You’re down the rabbit hole, aren’t you? | 你沉迷于其中了 对吧 |
[21:50] | I’m looking for more on Roswell. | 我想了解更多关于罗斯威尔的信息 |
[21:53] | Aren’t we all? | 谁不是呢 |
[21:54] | Specifically eyewitness testimony, | 特别是目击证人的证词 |
[21:56] | people who saw the crash, | 看到飞船坠毁的人 |
[21:57] | the debris, anything like that. | 残骸之类的东西 |
[22:00] | I’m just so impressed | 你能找到的东西 |
[22:01] | by what you’ve been able to find. | 给我留下了深刻的印象 |
[22:05] | I’ll tell you what. | 这么着吧 |
[22:06] | I’ve got my research notebook here. | 我的研究笔记在这里 |
[22:08] | I’ll copy what I have. | 我会把所有信息复印一份 |
[22:09] | I’ll bring it to next week’s meeting. | 带到下周的聚会上 |
[22:10] | Do you mind if I borrow it? | 我可以借用一下吗 |
[22:12] | It’s time-sensitive. | 时间紧迫 |
[22:17] | You have a time-sensitive Roswell situation? | 你遇到时间紧迫的罗斯威尔状况了 |
[22:21] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[22:27] | Take close care of this, Betty, but… | 好好保管 贝蒂 但 |
[22:31] | you have to promise to tell me that long story. | 你得答应告诉我那件事 |
[22:34] | Evan…thank you. | 埃文 谢谢 |
[22:36] | I will bring this back next week, I promise. | 我下周会把这个带回来 我保证 |
[22:44] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[22:46] | Uh, that’s Betty Carpenter. | 是贝蒂·卡彭特 |
[22:49] | She likes to lurk in the back. | 她不怎么参加集会 |
[22:51] | Just moved here from Raleigh. | 刚从罗利搬过来 |
[22:53] | Is that what she told you? | 她是这么跟你说的吗 |
[22:55] | Evan… | 埃文 |
[22:57] | I know who that is. | 我认识她 |
[23:01] | Yeah, I think this– | 我觉得这位 |
[23:03] | this trucker, Duncan Booker. | 这位卡车司机 邓肯·布克 |
[23:07] | That’s the best place to start, from what I see here. | 在我看来 是最好的入手点 |
[23:10] | Thank you. You’re a lifesaver. | 谢谢 你是我的救星 |
[23:12] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[23:13] | We gotta wrap this up, Doc. | 我们得赶紧办完事 博士 |
[23:14] | Harding is gonna be wondering where we’ve been. | 哈丁会纳闷我们去哪了 |
[23:16] | And the note says the evidence comes out at 9 a.m. tomorrow. | 纸条上说证据会在明天早上九点公布 |
[23:19] | We’re running out of time. Come on. | 我们要没时间了 快点 |
[23:37] | Who’s this guy again? | 这家伙是谁来着 |
[23:39] | Only witness to claim to have seen the saucer in the sky. | 唯一声称看到了天上飞碟的目击者 |
[23:45] | Hello? | 你好 |
[23:46] | Mr. Booker? | 布克先生 |
[23:58] | Mr. Booker? | 布克先生 |
[24:09] | Duncan Booker. | 邓肯·布克 |
[24:14] | Hello? | 你好 |
[24:28] | Well, if I was betting on who pulled our desert stunt, | 如果让我打赌 是谁策划了沙漠里的那次坠落 |
[24:31] | I’d go all in on this guy. | 我全押这个人 |
[24:36] | You see something? | 你看见什么了吗 |
[24:38] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[24:48] | There was more than one crash site. | 坠机地点不止一个 |
[24:50] | 罗斯威尔 坠机地点1 坠机地点2 | |
[25:07] | Oh, hold on! | 等一下 |
[25:10] | Duncan! | 邓肯 |
[25:12] | U.S. Air Force. You don’t need to run! | 美国空军 你不必逃跑 |
[25:16] | Air Force? | 空军 |
[25:19] | What are you doing in my house? | 你在我家里做什么 |
[25:21] | What were you doing running if it’s your house? | 如果这是你家 你为什么要跑 |
[25:46] | Door was open, by the way. | 顺便一说 门是开的 |
[25:48] | We knocked first. It just… | 我们先敲了门 只是 |
[25:50] | Still trespassing. | 还是算私闯民宅 |
[25:51] | We’re sorry. We really thought you were inside. | 抱歉 我们真的以为你在里面 |
[25:53] | We just wanted to talk to you. | 我们只是想和你谈谈 |
[25:56] | Think I pulled that stunt out in the desert, | 以为是我策划了沙漠里的坠毁事件 |
[25:57] | don’t you– the tires? | 不是吗 那些轮胎 |
[25:59] | You know about that? | 你知道这件事 |
[26:01] | It’s a small town. Word travels fast. | 这是个小地方 消息传得很快 |
[26:03] | Well, what exactly did you hear? | 你听到了什么 |
[26:05] | Something, um, about a hoax. | 一些关于骗局的事 |
[26:08] | Exposing evidence, I don’t know. | 公布证据 我不知道 |
[26:10] | Folks around here are crazy, though, ever since the first one. | 这里的人都疯了 从第一次坠毁后就是 |
[26:12] | All this stuff here, uh, the… | 这里所有东西 |
[26:15] | maps, diagrams, photos– | 地图 图表 照片 |
[26:17] | You think I’m crazy now? | 你们觉得我疯了吗 |
[26:18] | It just looks a whole lot like a plan | 这看起来就像是一个 |
[26:19] | to expose evidence, that’s all. | 为了揭露证据的计划 仅此而已 |
[26:22] | It’s research. | 这是我的研究 |
[26:24] | Nothing wrong with that, is there? | 没什么问题吧 |
[26:25] | That craft you built in the backyard, | 你在后院建造的那艘飞船 |
[26:29] | is that research as well? | 那也是研究吗 |
[26:34] | It’s my business, not yours. | 那是我的事 与你们无关 |
[26:35] | We didn’t come here to interrogate you. | 我们不是来审问你的 |
[26:37] | We just wanna hear your story about that night. | 我们只想听听你那晚的故事 |
[26:42] | Know what happened the last time | 你知道上次空军说要听故事之后 |
[26:43] | the Air Force asked to hear about that? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[26:45] | No. | 不知道 |
[26:48] | But it doesn’t look like it went well. | 但似乎没发生什么好事 |
[26:51] | Duncan, we’re part of Project Blue Book. | 邓肯 我们参与了蓝皮书计划 |
[26:53] | We’d like to hear your story, | 我们想听听你的故事 |
[26:56] | all of it. | 所有的故事 |
[26:56] | Then, maybe we can help you. | 然后 也许我们可以帮你 |
[27:02] | Help how? | 怎么帮 |
[27:03] | We don’t think you’re crazy. | 我们不认为你疯了 |
[27:05] | Maybe we can get the truth out there, | 也许我们可以把真相公之于众 |
[27:06] | but we can’t do that if we don’t know what really happened. | 但如果我们不知道真相 我们就无法这么做 |
[27:12] | Wasn’t just me, you know. | 不是只有我看到了 |
[27:14] | Judy saw it too. | 朱迪也看到了 |
[27:16] | Who’s Judy? | 朱迪是谁 |
[27:18] | My girlfriend. We were in love back then. | 我女朋友 那时我们在谈恋爱 |
[27:22] | One night, we were parked way out, | 一天晚上 我们把车停在外面 |
[27:24] | watching the storm roll in. | 看着暴风雨来临 |
[27:26] | We get them out here where there’s thunder | 我们到了一个有雷 有闪电 |
[27:28] | and lighting but no rain. | 但没下雨的地方 |
[27:29] | We were trying to take advantage, I guess you could say. | 这么说吧 我们想要利用那个时机 |
[27:32] | One minute, you got some nice rolling thunder. | 一分钟后就惊雷滚滚了 |
[27:36] | Then it, uh… | 然后 |
[27:39] | sounded like the sky itself was falling. | 听起来像是天塌了 |
[27:45] | We watched the ship crash down… | 我们眼看着那艘飞船坠毁 |
[27:48] | out over a ranch. | 在一片农场上 |
[27:50] | Judy begged me not to go look, | 朱迪求我不要去看 |
[27:52] | but I didn’t listen to her. | 但我没听她的 |
[27:54] | Now a day doesn’t go by that I wish I hadn’t. | 之后的每一天 我都希望当时没有那么做 |
[27:56] | Duncan, we should go back. | 邓肯 我们还是回去吧 |
[27:59] | I, uh… | 我… |
[28:04] | I got right up close to it. | 我凑得很近 |
[28:06] | Saw inside. | 看到了它的内部 |
[28:08] | Saw–saw something start to open the hatch. | 看到了有东西正要打开舱门 |
[28:12] | Run! | 快跑 |
[28:14] | And we ran for our lives. | 然后我们玩命地跑了 |
[28:21] | When I called the base to tell them my story, | 当我打电话给基地告诉他们我的故事时 |
[28:24] | well, they threatened us. | 他们威胁了我们 |
[28:28] | Judy was so scared, she… | 朱迪很害怕 她… |
[28:30] | agreed to whatever they wanted her to. | 她答应了他们想让她做的一切 |
[28:32] | – Don’t sign this! – I have to sign it, Duncan! | -不要签字 -我必须得签 邓肯 |
[28:35] | Left town shortly after that. | 没过多久她就离开了镇子 |
[28:38] | Never saw her again. | 我再也没见过她 |
[28:40] | That’s why I can’t let this go. | 所以我不能把这件事抛之脑后 |
[28:44] | You know, we used to talk about getting married | 在这一切发生之前 |
[28:48] | before all that happened. | 我们以前常说要结婚 |
[28:50] | I don’t blame her, though. | 不过 我不怪她 |
[28:52] | They told us they’d bury us out in the desert | 他们说 如果我们不承认那是个气象气球的话 |
[28:54] | if we didn’t say it was a weather balloon. | 他们就会就把我们埋在荒漠里 |
[28:57] | Yeah, I’m sorry, are you saying Air Force officials | 不好意思 你是说空军官员们 |
[28:59] | threatened your life? | 威胁了你们的生命吗 |
[29:01] | Not officials. | 不是官员们 |
[29:04] | Just one man. | 只有一个人 |
[29:08] | I knew something didn’t feel right this time. | 我就知道这次有点不对劲 |
[29:11] | Well, for all we know, it was just a bluff. | 据我们所知 这只是虚张声势 |
[29:13] | We can’t risk that. | 我们不能冒这个险 |
[29:14] | Eisenhower’s not the ally we thought. | 艾森豪威尔不是我们以为的盟友 |
[29:16] | If we don’t prove our worth now, | 如果现在不能证明我们的价值 |
[29:18] | we can kiss oversight on this matter good-bye. | 我们就该对这件事的监管权说再见了 |
[29:21] | He needs to see that we’re in charge. | 他需要明白我们才是管事的 |
[29:24] | So seal up the town | 封锁整个城镇 |
[29:26] | and tighten it up like last time. | 像上次一样收紧口风 |
[29:28] | These people have been through enough of that, Hugh. | 这些人已经受够这些了 休 |
[29:31] | Hey, don’t give up on me now. | 现在还不能放弃 |
[29:34] | We’ve gotta protect the program. | 我们得保护这个计划 |
[29:37] | Don’t pretend that you do what needs to be done | 别装作你做了该做的事 |
[29:39] | when I’m the one doing it. | 我才是那个做事的人 |
[29:40] | I’ll call you when I’m finished. | 我完成后再给你打电话 |
[29:47] | Son of a bitch. | 见了鬼了 |
[30:48] | Are you sure you can’t stay? | 你确定不留下来吗 |
[30:50] | I was gonna make blueberry pancakes. | 我要做蓝莓薄饼 |
[30:52] | You’re a sweetheart. I can’t. | 你真贴心 但我不能留下来 |
[30:54] | What, you gotta work? | 怎么 你得工作吗 |
[30:56] | Where do you work? Never asked you that. | 你在哪工作 从没问过你 |
[30:58] | It’s a boring secretarial job. | 很无聊的秘书工作 |
[31:00] | You won’t lose any points, don’t worry. | 你不会因此丢分的 放心 |
[31:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:03] | Can you help me with my… | 你可以帮我 |
[31:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[31:13] | I’m sorry, miss, this is a matter of national security. | 抱歉 女士 这涉及国家安全 |
[31:16] | Need to see what you’re hiding under there. | 我想看看里面藏了什么 |
[31:18] | I have to go to work. | 我得去上班 |
[31:23] | Well, you are gonna be a little late. | 你要迟到一小会了 |
[31:39] | He’s been lying from the start. | 他从一开始就在撒谎 |
[31:41] | You do realize that was a firsthand account of Harding | 你明白那是哈丁威胁平民 |
[31:44] | threatening a civilian to hide what happened here. | 隐瞒这里所发生事情的第一手资料 |
[31:48] | No weather balloon fits that story. | 任何气象气球的说法都站不住脚 |
[31:50] | If you believe Duncan’s story about Harding, | 如果你相信邓肯说的关于哈丁的事 |
[31:52] | you have to believe all of it. | 你得相信他说的全部 |
[31:54] | So you believe he saw a flying saucer fall from the sky? | 所以你相信他看见了一个飞碟从天而降吗 |
[31:57] | We have to reinterview him, check his details, | 我们得再去问他 核实细节 |
[31:59] | but, you know, it’s a theory. | 但那是种说法 |
[32:02] | Well, how about this theory? He’s crazy. | 这个说法怎么样 他疯了 |
[32:05] | Come on. | 怎么可能 |
[32:06] | The man built a flying saucer. | 那家伙造了个飞碟 |
[32:08] | Who does that? | 什么样的人会做这种事 |
[32:09] | Maybe a man struggling with the trauma | 也许是一个与过去合理遭遇 |
[32:11] | of a legitimate past encounter. | 进行思想斗争而产生心理创伤的人 |
[32:13] | And what about all the other witness accounts? | 那所有其他目击者的说法呢 |
[32:15] | Two people… We’ve talked to two people. | 两个人 我们只问了两个人 |
[32:16] | So far, but there are others. | 目前是这样 但还会有其他人 |
[32:18] | All those people who called in to the station? | 那些给电台打电话的人呢 |
[32:20] | We can find them, unless you think they’d all be lying too. | 我们可以找他们 除非你认为他们也都会撒谎 |
[32:22] | Well, all I’m saying is that before we go accusing | 我想说的是 在指控 |
[32:24] | the U.S. Air Force of a crime, | 美国空军有罪之前 |
[32:26] | we have to have some real… | 我们得掌握一些真的 |
[32:29] | What’s all this? | 什么情况 |
[32:30] | Hold it right there! | 停车 |
[32:32] | No more vehicles! | 车辆禁止通行 |
[32:35] | You can’t come through here. | 你们不能从这里经过 |
[32:37] | I need you to turn this Jeep around. | 把车掉头 |
[32:41] | Airman, Captain Michael Quinn. | 士兵 我是迈克尔·奎恩上尉 |
[32:43] | What are you talking about? What’s going on? | 你在说什么 怎么了 |
[32:45] | This is the way out. | 这是出口 |
[32:46] | Roswell’s under quarantine, sir, | 罗斯威尔被隔离了 长官 |
[32:47] | with shoot-to-kill orders on anyone who tries to leave. | 我接到命令 击毙任何试图擅自逃离的人 |
[32:49] | Under whose authority? | 谁下的命令 |
[32:51] | General Harding. | 哈丁将军 |
[32:53] | Whole town’s locked down. | 整个城市都被封锁了 |
[32:55] | Well, this is the way out. What are we supposed to do? | 这是出口 我们该怎么办 |
[32:58] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 长官 |
[32:59] | I need you to turn this Jeep around. | 你得把车掉头 |
[33:03] | Shooter! Shooter! | 枪手 枪手 |
[33:06] | Doc, get down! | 博士 趴下 |
[33:08] | Back off. | 退后 |
[33:17] | Up on the ridge! | 在山脊上 |
[33:19] | Three o’clock! | 三点钟方向 |
[33:23] | He’s on the move! Shooter’s getting away! | 他在移动 枪手要逃跑 |
[33:25] | Let’s go, let’s go! | 我们走 我们走 |
[33:27] | – You all right, Doc? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 博士 -还好 |
[33:29] | I got you. | 扶你一把 |
[33:31] | Close call. | 好险啊 |
[33:32] | Sir, you gotta get out of here. | 长官 你得离开这里 |
[33:42] | This town’s remembering his playbook. | 这个城市在重演之前的剧本 |
[33:44] | It’s just like before. | 就和以前一样 |
[33:47] | Harding’s silencing Roswell again. | 哈丁又想封住罗斯威尔的口 |
[33:51] | Not if we’re here. | 如果我们在 就不会这样 |
[33:53] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[34:00] | Right now, we’re working on a plan to go door to door. | 目前我们打算去每一户人家询问 |
[34:02] | We’re gonna start here. We’ll work our way north. | 从这里开始 一直往北 |
[34:04] | – If we… – General. | -如果我们… -将军 |
[34:06] | Sir. | 长官 |
[34:07] | What the hell’s going on out there? | 外面发生了什么事 |
[34:09] | Where have you two been? | 你们去哪里了 |
[34:10] | We almost just got killed by an active shooter | 我们差点在你的检查站 |
[34:12] | at your checkpoint. | 被一个枪手杀了 |
[34:14] | A shooter? Roswell’s under quarantine? | 枪手 罗斯威尔被隔离了吗 |
[34:16] | No wonder people are trying to attack us. | 难怪有人想袭击我们 |
[34:18] | Sir… | 长官 |
[34:20] | what really happened here? | 这里到底发生了什么 |
[34:22] | No one in this town is falling for that | 这里没人再相信 |
[34:23] | weather balloon theory anymore, and neither are we, | 气象气球坠落的说法 我们也不相信 |
[34:26] | so either you come clean with us right now… | 要么你现在和我们坦白 |
[34:28] | Enough. | 够了 |
[34:33] | Frank, can you give us a couple minutes? | 弗兰克 可以给我们一点时间吗 |
[34:34] | Hell yes. | 当然 |
[34:35] | I got a crazy shooter to deal with now. | 有个枪手等着我去捉呢 |
[34:43] | First of all, I’m glad you’re okay. | 首先 很高兴看到你们没事 |
[34:45] | Secondly, I’m sorry. | 其次 我表示抱歉 |
[34:47] | The reason we put out a quarantine was for everyone’s safety. | 我们实施隔离是为了大家的安全着想 |
[34:50] | More like to keep the cover-up going. | 更像是继续掩盖事实 |
[34:51] | Oh, you think there was a cover-up, do you? | 你觉得是在掩盖事实 对吗 |
[34:53] | – Yeah. – Sir, we just– | -是的 -长官 我们只是 |
[34:53] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[34:58] | There was. | 是在掩盖事实 |
[35:04] | What crashed in ’47 wasn’t a weather balloon. | 47年坠毁的不是气象气球 |
[35:06] | That’s just what we had to tell the public. | 这是我们不得不告诉公众的说法 |
[35:09] | It was a top secret spy balloon, | 其实是个绝密的间谍气球 |
[35:11] | code-named Project Mogul. | 代号为莫古尔计划 |
[35:14] | Its primary purpose was the long-range detection of sound waves | 其主要目的是对苏联原子弹实验 |
[35:18] | generated by the Soviets’ atomic bomb tests. | 产生的声波进行长距离监测 |
[35:21] | We couldn’t let the Russians know what we were up to, so… | 我们不能让苏联人知道我们在干什么 所以 |
[35:24] | we lied. | 我们撒谎了 |
[35:28] | 原子弹测试基地附近坠毁的飞碟 只是个气象气球 | |
[35:28] | We told the world it was a weather balloon. | 我们告诉全世界是个气象气球 |
[35:30] | And then we tried to put the genie back in the bottle. | 然后我们尽量封锁消息 |
[35:33] | So there was a cover-up in Roswell. | 所以军方确实在罗斯威尔事件中掩盖了事实 |
[35:35] | To hide a classified | 为了掩盖 |
[35:36] | government program to keep Americans safe? | 政府为了保护国人安全制定的计划 |
[35:39] | You’re damn right there was. | 当然是这样了 |
[35:42] | And now you know the real truth. | 现在你们知道真相了 |
[35:45] | Dismissed. | 解散 |
[35:47] | Even you have to admit it makes sense. | 就算是你 也不得不承认这说得通 |
[35:50] | The secrecy, the clamping down on civilians, | 是机密 所以得镇压民众 |
[35:52] | need to change initial reports. | 所以要篡改原始报告 |
[35:55] | Yeah, these witnesses did see something | 对 但这些目击者确实看到了 |
[35:56] | they never saw before; no one had. | 他们以前从未见过的东西 没人见过 |
[35:57] | Yeah, but the debris these witnesses described– | 而且这些目击者描述的那些残骸碎片 |
[35:59] | sure, there may have been some sophisticated | 虽然有可能是会装上一些 |
[36:01] | audio equipment on board, | 复杂的音响设备 |
[36:02] | but a spy balloon is still just a balloon | 但间谍气球也是个气球 |
[36:05] | made of rubber, sticks, and tinfoil. | 只是由橡胶 木棍和锡箔制成 |
[36:07] | How could so many have gotten it so wrong? | 怎么会有这么多人都错的这么离谱 |
[36:09] | You worried they got it wrong, Doc, | 你担心他们搞错了 博士 |
[36:11] | – or you did? – Sir! | -还是担心你错了 -长官 |
[36:15] | We found the shooter! | 我们找到枪手了 |
[36:17] | He’s barricaded himself in his house. | 他把自己关在了家里 |
[36:19] | We have him surrounded. | 我们包围了他 |
[36:33] | Sir. What’s going on? Who’s in there? | 长官 什么情况 谁在里面 |
[36:35] | Post that was fired on tracked the shooter back here. | 哨所的人追踪到枪手到这儿 |
[36:37] | He’s been setting off smoke bombs when we arrived. | 我们到达时他一直在放烟雾弹 |
[36:40] | He’s holed up inside right now. | 他现在还躲在里面 |
[36:41] | Name’s Stewart Terry, former service member. | 名叫斯图尔特·特里 退役士兵 |
[36:44] | What are they gonna do to him? | 他们打算对他怎么办 |
[36:45] | Professor, stay back. | 教授 退后 |
[36:46] | I want that man alive, you hear me? | 活捉此人 听到了吗 |
[36:49] | Sir. Squad, let’s move out. | 遵命 小队 出动 |
[36:51] | Roll out! Let’s go! | 排开 行动 |
[36:52] | Move! Where is he? | 快走 他在哪里 |
[36:54] | Let’s go, kick it in! | 进去 破门 |
[37:00] | Captain, he’s escaping out the back. | 上尉 他从后面逃走了 |
[37:16] | Captain! | 上尉 |
[37:19] | Captain! | 上尉 |
[37:26] | Get your hands off of me! | 把你的手拿开 |
[37:29] | So he pretty much confessed to shooting | 所以他承认是他在 |
[37:31] | at the checkpoint earlier. | 之前的检查岗开的枪 |
[37:32] | He say why? | 他说原因了吗 |
[37:34] | Said he had a bad taste in his mouth from the last time | 他说上次军队来接管镇子 |
[37:36] | the military took over the town. | 发生了不好的事情 |
[37:38] | Couldn’t bear to see it happen again. | 不想看到这样的事再发生了 |
[37:40] | What about the tire stunt? | 烧轮胎的事也是他做的吗 |
[37:41] | – Swore it wasn’t him. – Thanks, fellas. | -他发誓不是他 -谢谢 伙计们 |
[37:44] | Good team effort. | 团队协作很出色 |
[37:48] | Get that burn looked at, Captain. | 检查下烧伤的情况 上尉 |
[37:50] | Yeah. | 好 |
[37:53] | Doc…thanks for your help. | 博士 谢谢你的帮助 |
[37:55] | I believe I just pointed at him. You were the one who ran. | 我只是指了指人 人是你抓住的 |
[37:58] | Nice work, fellas. | 干得漂亮 伙计们 |
[38:00] | Certainly wasn’t expecting this when I asked you to come. | 虽然不是让你们来干这个的 |
[38:03] | What’s gonna happen to him? | 他会怎么样 |
[38:04] | Well, he’ll be facing a military trial | 他将面临军事审判 |
[38:06] | and probably spend the rest of his life in prison. | 可能在监狱里度过余生 |
[38:09] | Let’s get back to base. | 我们回基地去吧 |
[38:10] | I wanna get in a plane home as fast as possible. | 我想尽快坐飞机回家 |
[38:26] | You do live here. | 你真的住在这 |
[38:29] | Evan, um…hello. | 埃文 你好 |
[38:31] | This is Allen Hynek’s home. | 可这里是艾伦·海尼克的家 |
[38:34] | I–I looked up the address. | 我查过地址了 |
[38:37] | Your name’s not really Betty, is it? | 你的真名不叫贝蒂 对吧 |
[38:39] | And you’re his wife. | 你是他的妻子 |
[38:42] | Come inside. | 进来吧 |
[38:44] | Please. | 拜托 |
[38:51] | Do you want a scotch? Bourbon? | 你要喝苏格兰威士忌 还是波旁威士忌 |
[38:54] | Uh…bourbon’s all right. | 波旁就好 |
[39:01] | I just put in a couple of ice cubes, if that’s okay. | 我放了几块冰 没问题吧 |
[39:12] | Evan…I’m sorry. | 埃文 对不起 |
[39:16] | I mean, I lied about who I was because I was worried | 我撒谎是因为我担心 |
[39:19] | I wouldn’t be accepted into the group. | 你不让我加入组织 |
[39:20] | When Caroline told me who you were, | 当卡罗琳告诉我你是谁的时候 |
[39:22] | I thought you were working with the FBI. | 我还以为你在和联邦调查局合作 |
[39:24] | They try to infiltrate our groups– | 他们想打入我们的组织 |
[39:26] | not just ours, across the whole country. | 不只是我们的 还有全国的 |
[39:29] | But what does the FBI | 但联邦调查局想从 |
[39:30] | want with civilian UFO groups? | 民间不明飞行物组织那得到什么 |
[39:32] | They think we’re dangerous. | 他们觉得我们是危险分子 |
[39:34] | Well, that’s silly. | 这种想法太傻了 |
[39:36] | We are dangerous. | 我们是很危险 |
[39:38] | The government is involved in a massive conspiracy | 政府策划了一场大阴谋 |
[39:41] | to cover up the evidence of visitors from other worlds. | 掩盖外星访客的证据 |
[39:45] | When we try to expose the truth, | 我们想让真相曝光 |
[39:47] | that makes us enemies of the state. | 这让我们成为国家的敌人 |
[39:52] | How much does your husband share with you? | 你丈夫向你透漏了多少内情 |
[39:55] | He shares… | 他透漏… |
[39:57] | Do you have access to his files? | 你能获取他的文档吗 |
[39:59] | Why are you asking me that? | 为什么这么问 |
[40:00] | I don’t wanna make you uncomfortable, | 我不想让你觉得不舒服 |
[40:01] | but you are aware of Blue Book’s reputation? | 但你知道蓝皮书计划的名声吗 |
[40:04] | Well, are you aware of my husband’s? | 那你知道我丈夫的名声吗 |
[40:05] | Yes, and it’s stellar… | 是的 他的名声一流 |
[40:09] | at least for now. | 至少目前是的 |
[40:11] | Mimi, you have the ability | 米米 你有能力 |
[40:12] | to do something that we could never do, | 去做我们做不到的事 |
[40:15] | to pass along information to the one person | 把信息传给唯一一个 |
[40:18] | who could make a difference. | 可以有所作为的人 |
[40:20] | And that makes you part of the solution. | 这也让你成为了解决这个问题的一份子 |
[40:24] | If I show you what I know… | 如果我告诉你我知道的 |
[40:28] | together… | 我们一起 |
[40:30] | we could blow the lid off this whole government cover-up. | 可以揭露政府掩盖的所有真相 |
[40:39] | There, how’s that? | 怎么样 |
[40:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:52] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[40:56] | I know that look. | 我知道这个表情 |
[41:00] | Doc… | 博士 |
[41:02] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[41:04] | why Lure in the Air Force claiming a conspiracy | 为什么空军里的卢尔会声称有阴谋 |
[41:07] | if all you were planning to do was go out in a blaze of glory? | 如果你们的计划只是去完成荣耀的使命 |
[41:11] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[41:13] | Still? | 还想这个呢 |
[41:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:17] | Because he had no evidence | 因为他没有证据 |
[41:19] | and his plan was to be a martyr for the cause all along. | 他一直计划为事业献身 |
[41:21] | How’s that? | 这个解释如何 |
[41:25] | That’s the shooter. | 是那个枪手 |
[41:28] | You’re gonna be all right. | 你会没事的 |
[41:29] | Looks like someone beat the hell out of him. | 好像有人把他狠狠揍了一顿 |
[41:36] | Excuse me there, fellas. Could we have a moment, please? | 打扰一下 伙计 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[41:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:44] | Who did this to you? | 谁干的 |
[41:47] | I tried to tell him I’m not who you’re after. | 我告诉他我不是他在找的人 |
[41:50] | Who? | 谁 |
[41:53] | You tried to tell who? | 你告诉谁 |
[41:56] | White hair… | 白头发… |
[41:58] | blue eyes. | 蓝眼睛 |
[41:59] | Kept saying it’s personal. | 一直说这是私事 |
[42:02] | And you don’t know who that is? | 你不知道是谁 |
[42:05] | When I shot that I was just trying to scare ’em. | 我朝那个哨所开枪 只是想吓唬吓唬他们 |
[42:08] | Felt like it was happening again. | 感觉历史又要重演了 |
[42:11] | Thought the Army was coming after me for what I’d done. | 我以为军方是因为我做的事来找我 |
[42:14] | But I told him… | 但是我告诉他了 |
[42:16] | I kept my secret after the first crash. | 第一次坠毁事件后我一直保守秘密 |
[42:20] | Why would I wanna try and broadcast it now? | 为什么现在我想要传播消息呢 |
[42:22] | What secret after the first crash? | 第一次坠毁后有什么秘密 |
[42:29] | You are in a world of shit right now. | 你现在的处境很糟 |
[42:32] | We might be able to help you | 我们也许可以帮你 |
[42:33] | but only if you tell us the truth. | 除非你告诉我们真相 |
[42:35] | What secret from the first crash? | 第一次坠毁有什么秘密 |
[42:41] | What almost no one knows… | 几乎没人知道 |
[42:45] | Is that there were two separate crash sites | 有两处坠毁地点 |
[42:48] | that rancher’s field everyone read about | 农场主的地里 大家都听说了 |
[42:51] | and another, far more secure site… | 另外一个更加隐秘的地点 |
[42:54] | Hey, guys! You gotta see this! | 伙计们 你们过来看看这个 |
[42:56] | Where they found the rest of the ship. | 他们在那里找到了飞船的剩余部分 |
[42:57] | Look at this! What is it? | 看这个 这是什么 |
[42:59] | Over here! | 这边 |
[43:00] | That’s where I was stationed. | 我当时驻扎在那里 |
[43:02] | Ordered to secure the perimeter. | 收到命令封锁周边 |
[43:04] | Authorized to shoot anybody who wasn’t supposed to be there. | 授权射杀一切不应该出现在那里的人 |
[43:09] | Thought it was a kid at first, | 一开始我以为那是个孩子 |
[43:10] | sneaking a peek at what no one was meant to see. | 想偷看不该看的 |
[43:12] | Hey, kid, you can’t be here! | 孩子 你不能在这里 |
[43:13] | So I chased him. | 我去追他 |
[43:15] | I know this sounds crazy… | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[43:19] | but when I shot…it…. | 当我开枪打中它时 |
[43:28] | I could feel its pain. | 我能感到它的疼痛 |
[43:32] | Never told anyone. | 从来没告诉过别人 |
[43:36] | Weeks later, when the wreckage was cleared, | 几个星期后 残骸被清理后 |
[43:37] | I retraced my steps, | 我返回到那里 |
[43:41] | recovered its remains… | 找到了它的遗体 |
[43:45] | Buried it under a big dead tree on my land | 把它埋在我家地上的一棵大枯树下 |
[43:48] | so no one would know. | 这样就没人知道了 |
[43:55] | It’s still out there. | 现在还在 |
[44:17] | What is that? | 出什么事了 |
[44:19] | Let’s go! Move! | 我们走 行动 |
[44:53] | Five, five, six… | 五 五 六… |
[44:56] | five, three, nine. | 五 三 九 |