时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Where you been? | 你们去了哪里 |
[00:06] | At the mall. | 商场 |
[00:07] | Wanted to buy you some pretty maternity clothes. | 想给你买些漂亮的孕妇装 |
[00:09] | – And? – There are none. | -结果呢 -没有 |
[00:13] | Here’s a churro. | 给你根油条 |
[00:17] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 |
[00:18] | The adoption agency sent over some more profiles. | 领养中介又送来了一些档案 |
[00:21] | What about the two guys you liked in San Francisco? | 你喜欢的旧金山的那对夫妻呢 |
[00:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:24] | I thought this was gonna be their “Gayby.” | 不是说定了这是他们的”同志宝宝”吗 |
[00:28] | They bailed. | 他们反悔了 |
[00:29] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[00:30] | They asked if alcoholism runs in the family. | 他们问家族中是否有酗酒的遗传 |
[00:34] | – Our bad. – Sorry. | -我们的错 -对不起 |
[00:38] | So, you find anyone else you like? | 你找到了其他你喜欢的夫妻吗 |
[00:40] | Yeah, lots of people. | 是的 不少 |
[00:41] | Um, these are the yeses. | 这些都是可以的 |
[00:42] | – And those are the nos? – No. | -那些是淘汰的吗 -不是 |
[00:44] | Those just fell and I wasn’t able to pick them up. | 那些只是掉在地上 我没办法捡起来 |
[00:50] | Wow, all these people | 所有这些人 |
[00:51] | trying so hard to have a kid and they can’t. | 这么努力地想要宝宝 却生不出来 |
[00:54] | It’s not fair. | 真不公平 |
[00:55] | Yeah, all I needed to have you | 是啊 我怀上你只需要 |
[00:56] | was a bottle of Jack, an eight ball | 一瓶威士忌 一点毒品 |
[00:58] | and a Supertramp album. | 和超级流浪汉乐团的唱片 |
[01:02] | I can never hear that story enough. | 我总是听不腻这个故事 |
[01:06] | So how’s Luke doing? | 卢克还好吗 |
[01:07] | He coming around to the idea of adoption? | 他接受了领养吗 |
[01:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:10] | We’re not talking. | 我们不说话 |
[01:12] | I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[01:13] | I’m just hoping once I find the perfect couple, | 我只是希望 我找到最合适的夫妻后 |
[01:15] | he’ll realize that this is for the best. | 他会明白 这样做对孩子最好 |
[01:17] | Patty and Russell Callahan. | 佩蒂和罗素·卡拉汉 |
[01:19] | These people seem okay. | 这对看起来不错 |
[01:20] | Nice house, nice car. | 好房子 好车 |
[01:23] | They got married at Disneyland. Losers. | 他们在迪士尼乐园结的婚 太失败了 |
[01:28] | How about the Pattersons? | 派特森夫妻怎么样 |
[01:29] | They’re into fishing, hunting and amateur taxidermy. | 他们喜欢钓鱼 打猎 业余动物标本制作 |
[01:33] | Passeroo. | 一边儿凉快去 |
[01:35] | Mindy and Manny Klein. | 明蒂和曼尼·克莱恩 |
[01:37] | “We may be barren, but we’re really carin’.” | 我们虽然不育 但我们有爱 |
[01:43] | No, thank you. | 多谢好意 |
[01:46] | I’m kind of liking these people. | 我有点喜欢这对 |
[01:48] | Jeff and Suzanne Taylor. | 杰夫与苏珊·泰勒 |
[01:50] | They look sweet. | 样子看起来不错 |
[01:52] | There’s just something about this picture. | 看着照片很有感觉 |
[01:54] | If I fell and scraped my knee, | 如果我摔倒擦伤了膝盖 |
[01:55] | I’d want this lady to kiss my boo-boo. | 我会想要这位女士给我吹吹 |
[01:58] | She’s an artist and he designs video games. | 她是个画家 他设计电子游戏 |
[02:00] | Cute house. | 房子不错 |
[02:01] | Little log cabin-y, but… | 小木屋风格 |
[02:03] | Wait, that’s their lake house. | 慢着 这是他们的湖边度假小屋 |
[02:05] | Let’s see the house house. | 来看看过日子的房子 |
[02:07] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[02:25] | To be honest, I’ve been really struggling | 说实话 过去这几周 |
[02:28] | the last couple of weeks. | 我一直很不容易 |
[02:30] | My daughter’s gonna have a baby next month and… | 我女儿下个月就要生宝宝了 |
[02:33] | No, no, no. | 别这样 |
[02:34] | She’s giving it up for adoption. | 她会送孩子去领养 |
[02:39] | And that, right there, is the hardest part. | 就是这个 是最艰难的部分 |
[02:41] | Telling people. | 告诉别人 |
[02:43] | Just today I ran into a friend at the grocery store | 就在今天 我在食品店碰到一位朋友 |
[02:46] | and she was all, “Oh, you must be so excited | 她说 你要做外婆了 |
[02:48] | about becoming a grandmother.” | 一定好激动吧 |
[02:50] | I had to go through the whole thing with her. | 我不得不把所有的事讲给她听 |
[02:52] | I’m thinking of just getting a T-shirt that says, | 我在想弄件T恤 前面印上 |
[02:54] | “We’re not keeping it.” | 我们不会留下孩子 |
[02:56] | You know, a little picture of a baby with a line through it. | 印张宝宝的图片 上面划条杠 |
[03:01] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[03:02] | my daughter’s being strong, | 我女儿很坚强 |
[03:04] | and I’m trying to be strong for her. | 我也尽力坚强地支持她 |
[03:08] | And my mom’s around. | 我妈妈也陪在身边 |
[03:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[03:15] | We’ll take a ten-minute break. | 大家休息十分钟 |
[03:17] | Help yourself to coffee and cookies. | 喝点咖啡 吃点饼干 |
[03:19] | Uh, hey… actually, just coffee. | 慢着 其实只有咖啡 |
[03:21] | I was in charge of the cookies | 我负责买饼干 |
[03:23] | and the whole grandma thing happened at the store and… | 在商店里聊了半天我做外婆的事 |
[03:26] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:31] | Hey. Hi. Christy, right? | 你好 你是克丽丝蒂对吗 |
[03:34] | Yeah. Hi, um… | 是的 你好 |
[03:36] | Ooh, I know that you’re two weeks sober | 我知道你戒酒两周了 |
[03:39] | and were touched inappropriately by your babysitter, | 你家临时保姆碰了你身上不该碰的地方 |
[03:41] | but I don’t remember your name. | 但我不记得你的名字了 |
[03:43] | Steve. | 史蒂夫 |
[03:44] | Steve! Right. Hi, Steve. | 史蒂夫 是的 你好 |
[03:46] | Um, this is my mother, Bonnie. | 这是我的母亲 邦妮 |
[03:48] | – Hello. – Yeah, hi. Steve. | -你好 -你好 我是史蒂夫 |
[03:50] | I got it. | 我知道了 |
[03:51] | So, listen. | 听我说 |
[03:52] | Uh, just wanted to make you aware | 我想告诉你们 |
[03:53] | that I practice family law, | 我是家庭法律师 |
[03:55] | and in the event that you’re looking for an adoption attorney | 如果你想为女儿找位 |
[03:57] | for your daughter, I’d like to offer my services. | 领养律师 我愿意效劳 |
[04:00] | Thanks, but we’re good. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[04:02] | We’re just gonna let the agency handle it. | 我们全权交给中介了 |
[04:04] | Ooh, you don’t want to do that. | 你不会想这样做的 |
[04:05] | Adoption agencies only care about one thing: | 领养中介只在乎一件事 |
[04:07] | placing the baby and getting their fee. | 孩子送出去 费用拿进来 |
[04:10] | What do you care about? | 你在乎什么 |
[04:11] | Getting my fee. | 费用拿进来 |
[04:12] | And you, of course. | 当然 还有你 |
[04:15] | How much do you charge? | 你怎么收费 |
[04:15] | Well, my hourly rate is $400… | 每小时四百 |
[04:18] | $250. | 二百五 |
[04:18] | $120. | 一百二 |
[04:19] | I can get my fee from the adoptive parents. | 领养的父母给我律师费就行了 |
[04:22] | You’re hired. | 雇你了 |
[04:23] | Welcome to the team. | 欢迎加入团队 |
[04:28] | I don’t understand. Why do we need a lawyer? | 我不明白 我们为什么需要律师 |
[04:30] | Seriously? You grew up in this family | 不是吧 你生长在这个家庭 |
[04:31] | and you’re questioning the need for a lawyer? | 却质疑律师的必要性 |
[04:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:38] | Where’d you find this guy? | 你们在哪里找的这个人 |
[04:40] | We, um… | 我们 |
[04:44] | …recently heard him speak at a social event. | 最近在社交活动上听他演讲了 |
[04:48] | Oh, God, he’s a drunk? | 老天 他是个酒鬼 |
[04:51] | He’s not a drunk. | 他不是酒鬼 |
[04:53] | Anymore. | 不再是了 |
[04:55] | And he’s free. | 而且他不收费 |
[04:57] | Anyway, he says that | 总之 他说 |
[04:58] | you have to get Luke to sign his rights away | 你必须让卢克签字 放弃相关权利 |
[05:00] | before the adoption can go forward. | 这样领养手续才能继续办 |
[05:02] | How could I do that? | 我怎么有办法 |
[05:03] | Luke’s dead-set against it. | 卢克坚决反对领养 |
[05:07] | Would you mind if I talked to him? | 你介意我和他谈谈吗 |
[05:08] | Yes, I would. | 是 我介意 |
[05:10] | Stay out of it. | 你别管这事 |
[05:11] | Hey, I am just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[05:14] | Believe me, I’ve got much better things to do with my time. | 相信我 我有大把重要的事情要做 |
[05:20] | Next, please. | 下一位 |
[05:23] | Hey, Luke. | 卢克 |
[05:24] | Oh, hi! | 你好 |
[05:25] | Can we talk? | 我们可以谈谈吗 |
[05:26] | I’m actually kind of busy now. | 我现在挺忙的 |
[05:29] | Okay, I’ll order something. | 好的 我点些吃的 |
[05:32] | How’s the fried fish sandwich? | 炸鱼三明治怎么样 |
[05:34] | It’s a lightly-breaded seafood treat. | 裹了一层面包屑的海鲜美味 |
[05:37] | I don’t think it’s really fish. | 我觉得不是真正的鱼 |
[05:41] | Okay, then, I’ll take a cheeseburger. | 好吧 我要芝士汉堡 |
[05:42] | One cheeseburger. | 一个芝士汉堡 |
[05:44] | I need to talk to you about the adoption. | 我要和你谈谈领养的事 |
[05:47] | Yeah, I don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这事 |
[05:48] | Would you like fries and a drink? | 你需要薯条和饮料吗 |
[05:50] | Sure. Small Coke. | 好的 小杯可乐 |
[05:52] | Look, I know what it’s like to have a baby at your age. | 我知道你这个年纪有了孩子会怎样 |
[05:55] | I struggled to make ends meet, | 我拼命养家糊口 |
[05:57] | and I’m still struggling. | 现在依然如此 |
[05:58] | If you get the large Coke, | 如果你要大杯可乐 |
[05:59] | it’s 50 cents cheaper and you get a free toy. | 可以便宜五毛钱 而且还有免费玩具 |
[06:02] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[06:04] | One Happy Slappy Meal. | 一份开心拍拍餐 |
[06:05] | Here or to go? | 这里吃还是外带 |
[06:07] | To go. | 外带 |
[06:09] | Anyway, Violet found this | 总之 维奥莉特找到了 |
[06:10] | wonderful couple who really want to adopt a baby, | 一对非常棒的夫妻 非常想要领养孩子 |
[06:13] | and they’re coming by the house tomorrow. | 他们明天会来我家 |
[06:15] | That’s $4.28. | 一共是四块二毛八 |
[06:18] | Why don’t you just drop by | 你不如去我家 |
[06:20] | and meet them and see what you think? | 见见他们 看看你有何想法 |
[06:23] | I already know what I think. | 我已经知道自己的想法了 |
[06:25] | Come on, Luke. | 别这样 卢克 |
[06:27] | Your order will be up in a minute. | 你点的餐马上就好 |
[06:28] | Next, please. | 下一位 |
[06:31] | Coincidence? | 巧合吗 |
[06:32] | I think not. | 我觉得不是 |
[06:47] | Seriously? | 没开玩笑吗 |
[06:48] | That’s my lawyer? | 这是我的律师吗 |
[06:51] | You get what you pay for, honey. | 一分钱一分货啊 亲爱的 |
[06:53] | Talk to him. | 跟他说说 |
[06:54] | Well, isn’t that rude? | 打扰人家不礼貌吧 |
[06:55] | He seems to be in the middle of a conversation. | 看起来他正在跟别人交谈 |
[06:58] | Go. | 快去 |
[07:01] | What’s going on, Counselor? | 怎么啦 律师大人 |
[07:03] | Nothing, everything’s fine. | 没什么 一切都好 |
[07:04] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[07:05] | No, I can’t do it. | 不 我做不来 |
[07:07] | I’ve never practiced law without being loaded. | 我从来没在清醒的时候做过律师 |
[07:09] | My brain is very angry at me. | 我的大脑现在对我很生气 |
[07:12] | We good here? | 还好吗 |
[07:13] | I think he’s detoxing. | 我想他在强制戒毒 |
[07:15] | Really? | 是吗 |
[07:16] | You seemed fine at the meeting. | 你在互助会上挺好的呀 |
[07:18] | I was high as a kite at the meeting! | 我在互助会上嗨得不得了 |
[07:23] | Okay, that’s the Taylors. | 泰勒夫妻到了 |
[07:25] | Nobody be themselves. | 所有人别暴露本性 |
[07:32] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[07:34] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[07:36] | I came to meet this couple. | 我来见见这对夫妻 |
[07:37] | How’d you even know? | 你是怎么知道这事的 |
[07:39] | Your mother showed up at my job and told me. | 你妈妈去我上班的地方告诉我的 |
[07:43] | I was in the mood for a Happy Slappy Meal. | 我想吃开心拍拍餐了 |
[07:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:52] | So you’re okay with all this? | 你对这事没意见了吗 |
[07:55] | I don’t know. I’m just here to listen. | 我不知道 我是来听听的 |
[08:00] | Knock, knock. | 有人在吗 |
[08:00] | Hi. You must be Violet. | 你好 你一定是维奥莉特 |
[08:03] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[08:04] | I’m Suzanne. This is Jeff. | 我是苏珊 这是杰夫 |
[08:05] | I’m Jeff. | 我是杰夫 |
[08:08] | Oh, please come in. | 请进 |
[08:10] | – Hello. – This is my mom Christy… | -你好 -这是我妈妈克丽丝蒂 |
[08:12] | – Hi, it’s nice to meet you. – and my grandmother Bonnie. | -很高兴见到你 -这是我外婆邦妮 |
[08:14] | – Nice to meet you. – And that’s Luke, | -很高兴见到你 -那是卢克 |
[08:15] | – the baby’s father. – Hello. | -宝宝的父亲 -你好 |
[08:17] | Oh, um… sorry about the sweaty hands, | 抱歉我手上有汗 |
[08:20] | I-I’m really nervous. | 我非常紧张 |
[08:22] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:24] | And, uh, this is our attorney, Steve Curtis. | 这位是我们的律师 史蒂夫·柯蒂斯 |
[08:28] | We can discuss my fee later. | 可以等下再商量我的律师费 |
[08:33] | Please, come, sit down. | 请进 请坐 |
[08:36] | You have a lovely home. | 你的房子真漂亮 |
[08:39] | Not really, but thank you. | 过得去吧 谢谢了 |
[08:46] | So… | 那么 |
[08:47] | you want to adopt a baby. | 你们想领养一个宝宝 |
[08:49] | Yes, we do. | 是的 |
[08:51] | You’re in luck. We have one. | 你们真幸运 这儿有一个 |
[08:58] | Quiet time. | 闭嘴时间到 |
[09:01] | I read a lot of profiles, | 我读了很多份档案 |
[09:02] | and yours really stuck out. | 你们真的脱颖而出 |
[09:04] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:06] | Suzanne did the artwork, and I wrote the copy. | 苏珊画的画 我写的稿子 |
[09:09] | She wanted to go with the Helvetica font, | 她想用海维提卡字体 |
[09:11] | uh, but I insisted on Courier to make it easier to read. | 但是我坚持用Courier字体 这样更易读 |
[09:14] | We compromised with Times New Roman. | 我们最后选择了新罗马字体 |
[09:18] | Honey, they don’t want to hear that. | 亲爱的 他们不想听那些的 |
[09:20] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:20] | Everyone likes fonts. | 大家都喜欢字体啊 |
[09:24] | I like fonts. | 我就喜欢 |
[09:27] | Wingdings are my favorite. | 我最喜欢的是Wingdings |
[09:27] | 一个符号字体系列 它将许多字母渲染成各式各样的符号 | |
[09:30] | Do you have any questions you would like to ask us? | 你有没有什么问题想问我们 |
[09:34] | Why can’t you have your own baby? | 你们为什么不能自己生啊 |
[09:36] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[09:36] | No, that’s a fair question. | 不 那个问题很合理 |
[09:38] | We tried to get pregnant for many years. | 我们很多年来都想怀上孩子 |
[09:41] | It just didn’t work out. | 只是没能成功 |
[09:43] | She has a tilted uterus, and I have a low sperm count. | 她的子宫有些易位 而我的精子稀少 |
[09:46] | It’s like shooting blanks into an empty canyon. | 就像是往空峡谷里射孔枪 |
[09:52] | No matter how many times we had intercourse, | 不管我们交媾多少次 |
[09:54] | nothing ever happened. | 都毫无结果 |
[09:55] | And we tried some pretty weird positions. | 我们还试过很诡异的体位 |
[10:00] | Please go back to fonts. | 请回到字体的话题吧 |
[10:02] | – Tmi? – Tmi. | -信息量太大吗 -是的 |
[10:04] | So, your profile said you design video games? | 你们的档案上写着你是设计电子游戏的 |
[10:07] | Yes, I design video games. | 对 我设计电子游戏 |
[10:11] | Is that still too much? | 信息量还大吗 |
[10:12] | No, too little. | 不 太少了 |
[10:14] | Um, do you know the game Clumsy Monkey? | 你知道《笨拙猴子》这款游戏吗 |
[10:17] | No way. I love Clumsy Monkey. | 不是吧 我超爱玩的 |
[10:19] | How do you get past level seven? | 怎么玩过第七关啊 |
[10:20] | Oh. That stumps everyone. | 大家都被困住了 |
[10:23] | You have to get the monkey through | 你必须要带猴子 |
[10:24] | the china shop without breaking anything. | 穿过瓷器店 而不打碎东西 |
[10:26] | But he’s so clumsy. | 但他好笨拙啊 |
[10:30] | Try swinging from the chandelier. | 试着从枝形吊灯上晃过去 |
[10:32] | The chandelier. Of course! | 枝形吊灯 当然啦 |
[10:34] | Anyway, we just want you to know that if you do choose us, | 总之 我们想让你们知道 如果你们选择了我们 |
[10:39] | we will do everything we can to give your baby a great life | 我们会尽一切力量 带给你的宝宝很棒的生活 |
[10:43] | and love him or her with all of our hearts. | 全心全意爱他 或者她 |
[10:49] | Hey, you’re making the rest of us look pretty bad here, sister. | 你让我们其余人脸上很挂不住啊 妹妹 |
[10:56] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[10:59] | I think you’re really nice people, | 我觉得你们人真的很好 |
[11:00] | and I hope you have your baby someday, but not this one. | 我希望你们有一天能有孩子 但不是这个 |
[11:04] | – Luke… – I’m sorry, I can’t. | -卢克 -对不起 我受不了了 |
[11:06] | No, Luke. | 不 卢克 |
[11:08] | Luke… | 卢克 |
[11:13] | How am I doing? | 我表现得怎么样 |
[11:21] | – I’m really sorry. – It’s okay. | -真的很抱歉 -没关系 |
[11:24] | We’ve been through this before. | 我们以前也经历过这种情况 |
[11:25] | We had an adoption fall through last year. | 去年我们也有一次领养落空了 |
[11:27] | We walked the birth mother through the whole pregnancy, | 我们陪伴生母经历了怀孕全过程 |
[11:30] | decorated a nursery, were at the hospital for the birth, | 装修了婴儿房 在医院等待孩子的出生 |
[11:33] | and then the mother changed her mind. | 然后那位母亲改变了主意 |
[11:36] | I actually tried using alcohol to numb my pain. | 我试图用酒精麻醉自己 |
[11:40] | Well, we certainly understand that. | 我们完全明白 |
[11:44] | I just did not like how it made me feel. | 我只是不喜欢酒精给我的感觉 |
[11:48] | And you lost us. | 这我们就不明白了 |
[11:52] | I think that if you give Luke | 我想如果我给卢克 |
[11:54] | a little more time, he’ll come around. | 更多时间 他会回心转意的 |
[11:56] | I’m sorry, but we already drove home once | 抱歉 但我们已经有过一次 |
[11:59] | with an empty baby seat in the back of the car. | 开车回家 车后排有个空的婴儿座椅的经历了 |
[12:02] | We can’t go through that again. | 我们不能再经历那种事 |
[12:04] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[12:06] | It was really nice to meet you. | 见到你们真的很高兴 |
[12:08] | It was nice meeting you. | 见到你们我也很高兴 |
[12:09] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[12:16] | I better go check on Violet. | 我最好去看看维奥莉特 |
[12:19] | Why don’t you get rid of him? | 你去赶走他吧 |
[12:33] | What you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:34] | Tossing out all this college crap. | 扔掉这些大学的宣传册 |
[12:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:37] | What do you mean, “Why?” Because I’m not going. | 你这是什么意思 因为我不去啊 |
[12:40] | I’ll keep the baby, | 我要留下孩子 |
[12:41] | and maybe when it’s 16, 17 years old and hates my guts, | 也许当他十六七岁 恨我入骨时 |
[12:44] | then I’ll look at college. | 我再看看大学 |
[12:46] | Oh, they hate you sooner than that. | 他们不到十六七岁就会恨你 |
[12:53] | Come on. Luke may still change his mind. | 拜托 卢克也许还会改变主意 |
[12:57] | And just because we lost the Taylors | 我们失去了泰勒夫妇 |
[12:59] | doesn’t mean there’s not another great couple out there. | 又不意味着没有别的出色的夫妇了 |
[13:01] | I wanted them. | 我想要他们 |
[13:03] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:04] | He’s kind of weird. | 他有点古怪 |
[13:08] | Yeah, but he’s cool weird. | 是啊 但那是挺酷的诡异 |
[13:10] | Big Bang weird. | 像《生活大爆炸》那样诡异 |
[13:14] | And she’s, like, the best mom you could ever ask for. | 她简直是你想要的最好的妈妈 |
[13:18] | Okay, I’m just gonna let that go. | 好吧 我就不和你计较了 |
[13:24] | You know what I mean. | 你明白我的意思 |
[13:25] | I do. And I’m letting it go. | 我知道 我不和你计较 |
[13:29] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[13:32] | No, it’s better this way. | 不 这样更好 |
[13:42] | Sorry to break this up, | 抱歉打扰你们 |
[13:42] | but we’ve got a lawyer on the roof. | 但咱家屋顶上有个律师 |
[13:51] | Here you go. | 菜来了 |
[13:52] | And enjoy your meal. | 祝您用餐愉快 |
[13:56] | Excuse me, Christy. | 抱歉 克丽丝蒂 |
[13:57] | Uh, a very young man is asking for you at the bar. | 一位年轻人在吧台找你 |
[14:02] | I’m making up next week’s schedule. | 我在安排下周的排班表 |
[14:03] | Should I put you on it, or will you be going to jail? | 我是把你写上去呢 还是你要进监狱了 |
[14:07] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[14:09] | He’s my daughter’s boyfriend. | 他是我女儿的男朋友 |
[14:12] | It’s too bad. I was in the mood to judge. | 太糟糕了 我刚想说你两句呢 |
[14:16] | – What are you doing here? – I need to talk. | -你来这里干什么 -我得和你谈谈 |
[14:19] | But I’m in the middle of my shift. | 但我在上班呢 |
[14:20] | Now you know how it feels. | 现在你知道这种感受了吧 |
[14:24] | Okay, what do you want? | 好吧 你想要什么 |
[14:26] | I need some advice, and you’re the smartest person I know. | 我想要一些建议 你是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[14:29] | Oh, well, thanks, | 谢谢 |
[14:30] | and I’m sorry you don’t know more people. | 真遗憾 你的社交圈这么狭窄 |
[14:34] | The reason I don’t want to give the baby up | 我不想把孩子送去领养的原因 |
[14:35] | is ’cause I don’t want to lose Violet. | 是我不想失去维奥莉特 |
[14:38] | Wait, you’re fighting this whole adoption thing | 等等 你这么抗拒领养的事情 |
[14:41] | because you’re afraid she’ll dump you? | 是因为你害怕她会甩了你吗 |
[14:43] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:44] | Violet’s really smart. | 维奥莉特真的很聪明 |
[14:45] | Without the baby, she can go to college and be somebody. | 没了孩子 她能去上大学 有所成就 |
[14:48] | And I’m probably gonna be flipping burgers | 我可能这辈子就 |
[14:49] | for the rest of my life. | 翻汉堡了 |
[14:51] | Oh, sweetie, that’s the wrong reason to keep the baby. | 亲爱的 这种留住孩子的理由是错误的 |
[14:55] | What’s the right reason? | 那什么是正确的理由呢 |
[14:57] | ‘Cause you want a baby. | 因为你想要孩子 |
[15:01] | All I really want is Violet. | 我真正想要的是维奥莉特 |
[15:04] | Look, I can’t promise that the two of you are gonna be together | 我不能保证你们会这辈子一直 |
[15:07] | for the rest of your lives, but I can promise you | 在一起 但我能向你保证 |
[15:09] | that if you use this kid as a bargaining chip, | 如果你用这孩子当做谈判筹码 |
[15:11] | you guys are done. | 那你俩就玩完了 |
[15:13] | You think? | 你觉得是吗 |
[15:15] | You want to make sure that she doesn’t outgrow you? | 你想确保她不会比你更成熟吗 |
[15:17] | Then for heaven’s sake, grow up. | 那就看在老天的份上 成熟点吧 |
[15:20] | Make something of yourself. | 让自己有所作为 |
[15:24] | My father’s pushing me to go to a Christian university | 我父亲逼我上教会大学 |
[15:26] | and become a preacher. | 成为牧师 |
[15:29] | That’s cool. | 那样挺酷的 |
[15:30] | What’s stopping you? | 什么阻拦了你 |
[15:32] | I only believe in God when I’m high. | 我只在磕嗨时相信上帝 |
[15:36] | All right, let’s put a pin in that and keep thinking. | 好吧 我们先不管这个主意 继续想想吧 |
[15:44] | You’re sure you’re okay with all this? | 你确定你对这一切没意见吗 |
[15:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:48] | Okay, Steve, you’re up. | 史蒂夫 你来吧 |
[15:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:58] | Easy. | 放松 |
[16:00] | Easy. | 放松 |
[16:06] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[16:07] | The Relinquishment of Parental Rights. | 放弃父母权利 |
[16:10] | Sign here. | 在这里签名 |
[16:14] | Proud of you. | 真为你骄傲 |
[16:15] | You did this without alcohol or drugs. | 在没喝酒也没嗑药的情况下做到了 |
[16:18] | – Thanks. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[16:25] | We’re doing the right thing, Luke. | 我们是在做正确的事情 卢克 |
[16:30] | So what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[16:32] | I have to file this at court. | 我得把这份文件交给法院 |
[16:34] | Can somebody give me a lift? | 有人能载我去吗 |
[16:36] | You don’t have a car? | 你连车都没有吗 |
[16:36] | I have a car. I don’t have a license. | 我有车啊 只是没驾照 |
[16:41] | We’ll drive you. Come on. | 我们送你去 走吧 |
[16:43] | Shotgun! | 我坐前排 |
[16:48] | Do you still love me? | 你还爱我吗 |
[16:50] | I never stopped loving you. | 我一直都爱你 |
[16:56] | Smartest person I know. | 我认识的最聪明的人 |
[17:02] | Can I say something horrible? | 我能说句可怕的话吗 |
[17:05] | Since when do you ask? | 你什么时候还先开口问了 |
[17:08] | I can’t wait for this to be over. | 我真想等这一切快快结束 |
[17:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:12] | I’m trying to hold it together for Violet, | 我想为了维奥莉特撑住 |
[17:14] | but it’s like I’m waiting and waiting for my heart to break. | 但我好像是一直在等自己心碎 |
[17:17] | Yeah, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. | 是啊 这是我经历过的最艰难的事 |
[17:21] | And I was raised by you. | 我还是被你养大的呢 |
[17:25] | Good one. | 吐得一口好槽 |
[17:26] | It wasn’t a joke. | 那不是玩笑 |
[17:29] | I just keep telling myself that my daughter’s gonna have | 我只是一直告诉自己 因为这个决定 |
[17:33] | a better life because of this decision. | 我女儿会过上更幸福的生活 |
[17:36] | College, maybe graduate school. | 上大学 也许还读研 |
[17:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:40] | Why don’t you go back to school? | 你为什么不回去上学啊 |
[17:43] | Believe it or not, I’ve been thinking about it. | 信不信由你 我一直在考虑这事 |
[17:47] | That’s terrific. What do you want to do? | 太棒了 你想学什么 |
[17:49] | Promise not to laugh? | 保证别笑我啊 |
[17:51] | No. | 不会啦 |
[17:55] | Okay, well, ever since I was a little girl, | 好吧 从我小时候开始 |
[17:59] | I’ve wanted to be a lawyer. | 我就一直想当个律师 |
[18:02] | Really? What brought that about? | 是吗 你为什么有这种念头 |
[18:05] | I don’t know. Maybe it had something to do | 我不知道 也许和这事有关 |
[18:07] | with watching the police haul my mother off to jail | 看着警察把我妈妈拖去监狱 |
[18:09] | and wishing I could do something about it. | 而我希望我可以帮她 |
[18:13] | So what I’m hearing is I inspired you. | 那你是说我激励了你啊 |
[18:18] | Yeah, that’s it. | 还真是呢 |
[18:20] | Hey, maybe you can ask Steve for some advice | 也许你可以要史蒂夫给点 |
[18:22] | as to how to get started. | 怎么开始的建议 |
[18:23] | You know, after he stops hallucinating. | 等他不再出现幻觉 |
[18:27] | I just might. | 我可能会哦 |
[18:32] | Wow. This is exciting. | 这真令人激动 |
[18:35] | Right? | 是吗 |
[18:37] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[18:41] | I am so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[18:43] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈 |
[18:45] | To be honest, I’ve always been a little embarrassed | 老实说 我总是觉得有些丢人 |
[18:47] | you were a waitress. | 因为你是个服务员 |
[18:58] | I just want you to know that you are always welcome | 我只想告诉你 随时欢迎你 |
[19:00] | to be a part of this baby’s life. | 来看望宝宝 |
[19:02] | It’s totally your call. | 完全取决于你 |
[19:07] | I would like that very much. | 我很愿意那样 |
[19:11] | I’d like it, too. | 我也是 |
[19:12] | Same for me. | 我也是 |
[19:13] | Especially if we can visit at your lake house. | 特别是如果我们可以拜访你的湖边度假小屋 |
[19:17] | Hey, so what are your plans after high school? | 高中毕业后 你想干什么 |
[19:22] | I don’t know. Probably go to the beach. | 我不知道 可能去海滩吧 |
[19:26] | I think he means long-term. | 我觉得他是说长期计划 |
[19:28] | Oh. No idea. | 完全不知道 |
[19:31] | How’d you like to come and work for me, | 你想不想来为我工作 |
[19:33] | learn how to design video games? | 学习怎么设计电子游戏 |
[19:36] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[19:37] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[19:38] | I was your age when I came up with Clumsy Monkey. | 我设计出《笨拙猴子》时和你一样大呢 |
[19:40] | That’s so weird. | 真诡异 |
[19:41] | I was my age when I started playing it. | 我开始玩时也是这么大 |
[19:44] | Then it’s meant to be. | 那我们是注定在一起 |
[19:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:50] | You want another kid, just say the word. | 如果你想要别的孩子 说句话就行 |