时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Oh. You know, we could never serve this where I work. | 在我上班的地方我们不能卖这个 |
[00:05] | It’s over roasted and totally acidic. | 煮过头了 而且很酸 |
[00:07] | Jodi, it’s an AA meeting. | 乔迪 这是匿名戒瘾会 |
[00:08] | The only thing this coffee needs to be is not vodka. | 咖啡只要不是伏特加就行了 |
[00:16] | You do know you two aren’t fooling anyone, right? | 你知道你俩骗不了谁吧 |
[00:19] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[00:20] | Mom, everyone knows you and Steve are dating. | 妈 大家都知道你和史蒂夫在约会 |
[00:22] | – No, they don’t. – Yeah, they do. | -他们不知道 -知道的 |
[00:26] | See? Why are you even bothering keeping it a secret? | 瞧见了吗 你为什么还要保密 |
[00:29] | I don’t like people gossiping about my personal life. | 我不喜欢人们八卦我的私人生活 |
[00:31] | You gossip about other people all the time. | 你一直八卦别人 |
[00:33] | I don’t gossip, I deliver the news. | 我没有八卦 而是提供消息 |
[00:39] | How come you’re not sitting with your boyfriend? | 你怎么不跟你男友坐一起 |
[00:41] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男友 |
[00:43] | Oh, no. Did you break up? | 不 你们分手了吗 |
[00:47] | We were never together. | 我们从来没在一起过 |
[00:49] | Told you it wouldn’t last. | 跟你说过不会长久的 |
[00:52] | This, right here– this is gossip. | 这就是八卦 |
[00:59] | Well, you guys promised me that if I stayed sober, | 你们保证如果我坚持戒酒 |
[01:01] | all the stuff in my life would work itself out, | 我生活中的一切问题都会解决 |
[01:03] | and, amazingly enough, it’s finally happening. | 神奇的是 这事终于发生了 |
[01:07] | My law practice is starting to pick up. | 我的律所开始景气 |
[01:09] | Appreciate all the DUI cases I get around here. | 感谢这里的酒驾案子 |
[01:16] | And best of all, | 最棒的是 |
[01:17] | I’m actually starting to date. | 我其实开始约会了 |
[01:20] | Knock it off. | 少来了 |
[01:23] | I started seeing this woman who’s just incredible. | 我开始跟一个超棒的女人约会 |
[01:26] | She’s, uh, sexy and smart, | 她性感又聪明 |
[01:29] | sophisticated, | 成熟 |
[01:31] | got a heart of gold… | 有颗金子般的心 |
[01:32] | Uh-oh. He’s cheating on you. | 不好 他出轨了 |
[02:00] | – What are you doing here? – Hiding. | -你在这里干什么 -躲起来 |
[02:02] | From Gregory? | 躲格雷戈里吗 |
[02:03] | His mother. She’s staying with us for a couple of weeks. | 他妈妈 她要跟我们住几周 |
[02:06] | Oh. Lucky you. | 你真走运 |
[02:08] | When did she get into town? | 她什么时候来城里的 |
[02:09] | Three hours ago. | 三小时前 |
[02:12] | Aw… poor baby. | 可怜的宝贝 |
[02:14] | You can hide here as long as you want. | 你想在这里躲多久都行 |
[02:16] | Thanks. Where’s Grandma? | 谢谢 外婆呢 |
[02:18] | She’s on a date. | 她去约会了 |
[02:19] | Oh, with that lawyer guy? | 跟那个律师吗 |
[02:20] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[02:21] | Everybody knows. | 地球人都知道 |
[02:24] | Listen, I kind of need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:26] | Anything, of course. | 你说吧 |
[02:30] | Oh, it’s Jill. Just give me one second. | 是吉尔 稍等 |
[02:33] | Hi, Jill, what’s up? | 吉尔 怎么了 |
[02:36] | Okay, I’m kind of in the middle of something | 我现在在跟我女儿 |
[02:37] | with my daughter right now– can I… | 有点事 我能不能 |
[02:39] | Did not slow her down at all. | 她一点也没受到影响 |
[02:43] | Okay, can I call you back later? | 我回头给你打电话可以吗 |
[02:44] | Great. Great, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[02:47] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[02:48] | So… Gregory’s mom would really like to meet you and Grandma. | 格雷戈里的妈妈很想跟你还有外婆见面 |
[02:52] | Oh, honey, I am so sorry. | 亲爱的 很抱歉 |
[02:55] | Yeah, I was hoping I could put it off. No offense. | 我希望我能取消 无意冒犯 |
[02:58] | None taken. I’d try to hide us, too. | 没关系 换我也会想 |
[03:02] | So I was thinking maybe on Sun… | 我想着也许在周日 |
[03:05] | Oh, I’m sorry, I gotta take this. | 抱歉 我得接电话 |
[03:08] | Hey, Jodi, what’s up? | 乔迪 怎么了 |
[03:10] | Girl I’m sponsoring in AA. | 我在匿名戒瘾会的互助对象 |
[03:15] | Well, he is your boss. | 他是你老板 |
[03:18] | Uh, he’s allowed to tell you | 他可以告诉你 |
[03:18] | to not to make personal phone calls at work. | 别在上班时打私人电话 |
[03:22] | Is that him yelling at you right now? | 那是他在对你嚷嚷吗 |
[03:25] | Okay, why don’t you call me when you’re on a break | 等你休息或者被炒时 |
[03:27] | or you’ve been fired. Okay, thanks, bye. | 再给我打电话吧 谢谢 再见 |
[03:30] | Wow, so people actually call you for advice? | 人们会向你寻求意见吗 |
[03:33] | Well, drunks and drug addicts call me. | 酒鬼和瘾君子会给我打电话 |
[03:35] | Nobody with good judgment. | 他们都没有正确的判断力 |
[03:38] | So, uh, your future mother-in-law. | 你未来的婆婆 |
[03:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:41] | I was thinking we could all go out for dinner Sunday night, | 我想着我们周日晚上可以一起去吃晚餐 |
[03:43] | she can meet you, hate you, | 她可以跟你见面 讨厌你们 |
[03:44] | we can all be home by 9:00. | 我们都在能九点前回家 |
[03:46] | First of all, she is not going to hate us, | 首先 她不会讨厌我们的 |
[03:48] | we’ll be on our best behavior. | 我们会展现最好的一面 |
[03:49] | You’ll swear we’re other people. | 你会发誓我们已经脱胎换骨了 |
[03:52] | And secondly, | 其次 |
[03:54] | I think we should do it here. | 我觉得我们该在这里吃 |
[03:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:56] | It’s a family dinner, | 这是家庭晚餐 |
[03:57] | we should pretend to be one. | 我们该装作是家人 |
[03:59] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[04:00] | Come on, it couldn’t be worse | 拜托 不可能比我第一次 |
[04:02] | than the first time I met Baxter’s mom. | 跟巴克斯特的妈妈见面更糟糕了 |
[04:05] | I know, I was just talking about it in therapy. | 我知道 我最近才在看心理医生时说这事 |
[04:09] | You were so drunk, how do you even remember it? | 你当时烂醉如泥 是怎么记得的 |
[04:12] | Easy. They send you a copy of the police report. | 很简单 他们会给你发警察报告的复印件 |
[04:20] | Did someone order a large pizza | 有人订了大块披萨 |
[04:22] | with a side of me? | 配菜是我吗 |
[04:25] | This is a nice surprise. | 真是个不错的惊喜 |
[04:27] | It’s about to get a whole lot nicer. | 马上就要更好了 |
[04:29] | You just need to decide which do you want first? | 你只是得决定你想先要什么 |
[04:32] | Keeping in mind the pizza will get cold | 记住披萨会变凉 |
[04:34] | but this will stay hot forever. | 但老娘的身躯会一直火热 |
[04:37] | Oh, I want you. | 我想要你 |
[04:38] | That’s the right answer, but I’m starving, | 这是正确的答案 但我饿坏了 |
[04:40] | so we’re gonna start with pizza. | 所以我们先吃披萨 |
[04:42] | Can I tell you a secret fantasy I have? | 我能跟你说我的一个秘密幻想吗 |
[04:45] | Ooh, if it’s me, pizza and another girl, | 如果是我 披萨和另一个女孩 |
[04:47] | I get to pick the girl. | 我要选女孩 |
[04:49] | Actually, I’d love for us | 实际上 我想让我们 |
[04:51] | to go out to lunch or dinner sometime, | 偶尔去吃顿午餐或者晚餐 |
[04:53] | like a regular couple. | 像是正常的情侣一样 |
[04:55] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[04:56] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[04:57] | We’d have lunch or dinner. | 我们会吃午餐或者晚餐 |
[05:03] | That’s not even one shade of grey. | 那根本一道阴影都没有 |
[05:05] | You know, Steve, I kind of like | 史蒂夫 我有点喜欢 |
[05:07] | what we got going on here, let’s not mess with it. | 我们现在的状态 别搞砸了 |
[05:09] | Yeah, I-I like it too, it’s just, uh, | 我也喜欢 只是 |
[05:11] | sometimes it feels like you don’t want to be seen with me. | 有时候我觉得你不想被别人看见跟我在一起 |
[05:14] | What are you talking about? That is so not true. | 你说什么呢 不是这样的 |
[05:17] | Look, I know we agreed to keep it discreet, | 我知道我们同意要保密 |
[05:19] | but at a certain point, I got to wonder | 但是有时候我开始想着 |
[05:21] | are-are we boyfriend and girlfriend | 我们是男女朋友 |
[05:23] | or just quickies and takeout? | 还是吃快餐的炮友啊 |
[05:25] | Well, you say quickies and takeout like it’s a bad thing. | 你这口气好像吃快餐的炮友不好一样 |
[05:28] | I’m not asking you to marry me, I’m just asking for us | 我不是让你嫁给我 我只是说让我们 |
[05:30] | to go out to dinner sometime. Maybe… | 偶尔去吃顿晚餐 也许 |
[05:33] | see a movie, | 去看部电影 |
[05:34] | take a romantic walk in the park. | 在公园里浪漫漫步 |
[05:39] | Why do I always have to be the guy? | 我为什么总得做男人啊 |
[05:43] | Hey, just because I have feelings doesn’t mean I’m not a man. | 我有感情不代表我不是男人 |
[05:46] | Eh, it kind of does. | 就是这样啊 |
[05:49] | Do yourself a favor– save your feelings for your diary. | 帮自己一个忙 把你的感情留给日记吧 |
[05:52] | It’s not a diary. | 不是日记 |
[05:54] | It’s a journal. | 是日志 |
[05:56] | That is not helping your case. | 这也没法帮你洗白 |
[05:58] | Yeah, well, my sponsor told me I needed a way | 我的互助对象告诉我 我需要 |
[06:00] | to safely express my emotions. Wow. | 安全宣泄感情的方法 |
[06:01] | And the mood is killed. | 兴致全无 |
[06:05] | I’ll call you later. | 回头给你打电话 |
[06:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:10] | Bye…? | 再见 |
[06:22] | Well… | 好吧 |
[06:24] | opening up my heart to her… | 对她敞开心扉 |
[06:26] | was a mistake. | 是个错误 |
[06:31] | You looking forward to meeting Violet’s future mother-in-law? | 你期待见到维奥莉特未来的婆婆吗 |
[06:34] | Actually, I am. | 实际上是的 |
[06:35] | Great thing about being sober for a while | 坚持戒酒的好处是 |
[06:37] | is I’ve got more confidence now. | 我现在更有自信了 |
[06:39] | Well, you should. | 你该如此 |
[06:40] | Yeah. I don’t mean to be cocky, | 是啊 我不想骄傲 |
[06:43] | but I kind of have a sparkle. | 但我有火花 |
[06:46] | A sparkle? | 火花 |
[06:47] | Maybe it’s a twinkle; could be a twinkle. | 也许是微光 可能是微光 |
[06:50] | So what are you gonna cook for her? | 你打算给她做什么 |
[06:53] | Oh. Jill again. | 又是吉尔 |
[06:55] | Problems with her ex. | 前夫的问题 |
[06:57] | Anyway, I’m making a traditional Jewish dinner: | 我打算做传统的犹太晚餐 |
[07:00] | Flanken, kreplach, and kugel. | 里脊牛排 三角馄饨和烤布丁 |
[07:02] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[07:05] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[07:06] | The first thing that came up when I Googled Jewish dinner. | 我搜”犹太晚餐”时跳出来的前几样东西 |
[07:11] | Jill again? | 又是吉尔吗 |
[07:12] | Jodi. | 是乔迪 |
[07:13] | I love her, but, man, | 我爱她 但是 |
[07:14] | ex-meth heads are so chatty. | 之前吸毒的人真能聊 |
[07:18] | And they are terrible spellers. | 而且拼写超烂 |
[07:21] | Why don’t you just turn your phone off? | 你为什么不直接关机 |
[07:23] | I can’t do that. I’m her sponsor, she needs me. | 我不能这样做 我是她的互助对象 她需要我 |
[07:25] | I get it, but you still need to set boundaries. | 我懂 但你还是得设定界限 |
[07:28] | Easy to say, hard to do. | 说起来容易做起来难 |
[07:30] | Not really. | 不算难 |
[07:32] | Call me, I’ll show you. | 给我打电话 我做给你看 |
[07:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:43] | So what else is going on? How’s work? | 还有什么事 工作怎么样 |
[07:46] | Wait, aren’t you gonna answer it? | 等等 你不接吗 |
[07:49] | No, ’cause I’m visiting with my friend Christy | 不 因为我在跟我的朋友克丽丝蒂见面 |
[07:51] | and I’m gonna give her all my attention. | 我要专注于她 |
[07:54] | But… what if phone Christy needs you? | 但是 如果电话里的克丽丝蒂需要你呢 |
[07:56] | What if she’s in some kind of crisis? | 如果她处于某种危机之中呢 |
[07:58] | She’s always in some kind of crisis. | 她总是处于危机之中 |
[08:02] | Hang on, voice mail. | 稍等 语音消息 |
[08:05] | Hi, Marjorie, I just want you to know | 玛乔丽 我想告诉你 |
[08:07] | you hurt my feelings and I’m borderline suicidal. | 你伤害了我的感情 我就快自杀了 |
[08:11] | See, that’s an example of the kind of thing that can wait. | 这就是能等的事的例子 |
[08:19] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该做什么 |
[08:20] | Steve is pushing for us to be a real couple. | 史蒂夫逼我们成为真正的情侣 |
[08:23] | You know, dinners, movies, holding hands and stuff. | 晚餐 电影 牵手什么的 |
[08:26] | He’s a monster, dump him. | 他是个禽兽 甩了他 |
[08:29] | You don’t get it. | 你不懂 |
[08:31] | We start doing all that and I’m locked in. | 如果我们开始那样做 我就被锁定了 |
[08:33] | – Yeah, so? – So what if somebody better comes along | -所以呢 -如果更好的人出现了 |
[08:36] | while I’m having a dorky walk in the park? | 而我在公园里傻傻散步呢 |
[08:39] | Mom, from the bottom of my heart, | 妈 我必须发自内心地 |
[08:41] | I just got to tell you– | 对你说句话 |
[08:43] | your problems are stupid. | 你的问题很愚蠢 |
[08:47] | That’s my kugel. | 烤制布丁好了 |
[08:51] | Hey, I listen to your problems. | 我聆听了你的问题 |
[08:52] | Last night you jabbered on for a half hour | 昨天你叨叨了半小时 |
[08:54] | on the length of your bangs. | 说着你刘海的长度 |
[08:56] | Had to. Marjorie wasn’t picking up. | 必须发泄 玛乔丽不接电话 |
[08:59] | She’s right, I do make everything a crisis. | 她说得对 我的确是小题大做 |
[09:04] | How do you tell the difference between the kugel and the flanken? | 你怎么区分烤制布丁和里脊牛排 |
[09:07] | You put the kreplach between ’em. Ah. | 在中间放上三角馄饨 |
[09:13] | Oh, Steve, you’re driving me crazy. | 史蒂夫 你把我逼疯了 |
[09:15] | Just turn off your phone. | 关掉手机吧 |
[09:17] | You can do that? | 可以这样做吧 |
[09:19] | I did. It’s called setting boundaries. | 我就这样做了 这叫设置界限 |
[09:21] | All right, phone off. | 好 关机 |
[09:26] | Mom, we’re here. | 妈 我们来了 |
[09:27] | Coming. Now remember, | 我来了 记住 |
[09:29] | we’re nice people and we love each other. | 我们是好人 我们爱对方 |
[09:32] | I’ll give it a shot. | 我试试看 |
[09:36] | Welcome to our home. | 欢迎来到我们家 |
[09:38] | Where nice people love each other. | 在这里好人相亲相爱 |
[09:41] | Christy, Bonnie, this is my mother, Phyllis. | 克丽丝蒂 邦妮 这是我妈妈菲丽丝 |
[09:44] | – Hello, how do you do? – Nice to meet you. Hi. | -你好吗 -很高兴认识你 |
[09:45] | Nice to meet you. So you’re the mother? | 很高兴认识你们 你就是妈妈啊 |
[09:48] | What, you had Violet when you were 16? | 你16岁时生的维奥莉特吗 |
[09:52] | No, 17. | 不 是17岁 |
[09:56] | And a half. | 17岁半 |
[09:58] | I had her when I was 16. | 我16岁时生的她 |
[10:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:04] | When I was 16, I was at summer camp rowing a canoe. | 我16岁时在夏令营划独木舟 |
[10:09] | Great story, Ma. | 这故事真棒 妈 |
[10:11] | Thank you so much for having us over. | 多谢你们邀请我们过来 |
[10:13] | Our pleasure. | 很荣幸 |
[10:14] | And I brought a nice bottle of wine. | 我带了一瓶好酒 |
[10:16] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:19] | You do know we don’t drink, right? | 你知道我们不喝酒吧 |
[10:20] | Oh, yeah, I know. It’s for me. | 我知道 这是给我准备的 |
[10:24] | Open it now. | 现在就打开 |
[10:36] | Well, no one was more surprised than I was | 这俩人订婚时 |
[10:39] | when these two got engaged. | 没人比我更惊讶 |
[10:40] | I mean, Gregory hasn’t had a girlfriend since… | 格雷戈里很久没有女友了 |
[10:43] | What was her name? The one with the teeth. | 她叫什么来着 有牙齿的那个 |
[10:46] | I don’t know, Ma. They all had teeth. | 我不知道 她们都有牙齿 |
[10:50] | Rachel. Rachel Levine. | 瑞秋 瑞秋·莱文 |
[10:52] | I liked her. You ever hear from her? | 我喜欢她 你还有收到她消息吗 |
[10:54] | No. I-I don’t hear from any of my ex-girlfriends. | 没有 我没收到任何前女友的消息 |
[10:57] | EX-girlfriends. | 任何前女友 |
[10:58] | Listen to Tom Jones over here. | 听听汤姆·琼斯说的话 |
[11:02] | Don’t you worry, Violet. | 别担心 维奥莉特 |
[11:04] | There was only the one. | 只有一个前女友 |
[11:06] | So, what is this I’m eating? | 我在吃的是什么 |
[11:09] | It’s flanken. | 是里脊牛排 |
[11:11] | No, it’s not. | 才不是 |
[11:14] | But it was sweet of you to try. | 但你肯尝试真好 |
[11:17] | Would you like some more wine, Mrs. Munchnik? | 你想再喝点酒吗 穆奇尼克太太 |
[11:19] | Oh, thank you. And, please, Bonnie, | 谢谢 拜托 邦妮 |
[11:21] | we’re only a few years apart– call me Phyllis. | 我们只差几岁 叫我菲丽丝 |
[11:34] | – So, do you miss the booze? – Oy. | -你想念酒吗 -喂 |
[11:36] | What? I’m curious. | 怎么了 我很好奇 |
[11:37] | I’ve never met an alcoholic. | 我从没见到过酒瘾者 |
[11:39] | What about Uncle Artie? | 阿蒂舅舅呢 |
[11:40] | Zsz-zsz-zsz. | 去 |
[11:43] | My brother Arthur was not an alcoholic. | 我弟弟亚瑟不是酒瘾者 |
[11:45] | He just didn’t know when to stop drinking. | 他只是不知道什么时候该停止喝酒 |
[11:49] | Isn’t that essentially… | 那不就是… |
[11:50] | Zsz-zsz-zsz. | 去 |
[11:55] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[11:57] | Look at that tiny tush. I hate her. | 看她的小屁股 我讨厌她 |
[12:00] | Hey. I gotta stay here for a couple days. | 我得在这里住几天 |
[12:04] | Yeah, we have guests. | 我们家有客人 |
[12:06] | Sorry. I texted you, like, 1,000 times but you didn’t answer. | 抱歉 我给你发了超多短信 但你没回 |
[12:09] | Who is this person? | 这人是谁 |
[12:10] | Hi, I’m Jodi. | 你好 我是乔迪 |
[12:11] | Ah. You’re Violet’s friend? | 你是维奥莉特的朋友吗 |
[12:13] | No, Christy’s my sponsor. | 不 克丽丝蒂是我的互助对象 |
[12:15] | I’m lost. | 我搞不懂了 |
[12:17] | I’m helping her stay sober. | 我在帮她戒瘾 |
[12:22] | Why do you need to crash here? | 你为什么要住在这里 |
[12:23] | ‘Cause my sister’s a bitch. | 因为我姐是个贱人 |
[12:27] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[12:28] | Mom, can you do this another time? | 妈 你能回头再聊吗 |
[12:29] | Hang on, Vi. What happened? | 等等 小维 发生什么事了 |
[12:31] | I-I guess I borrowed her car without telling her first, | 我想我没问她就借了她的车 |
[12:33] | and she totally freaked out on me. | 她对我发火了 |
[12:35] | Oh, this is an easy one– you’re wrong. | 这是一道送分题 你错了 |
[12:38] | Go make amends to your sister and get your ass to a meeting. | 去跟你姐姐赔礼道歉 还有去互助会 |
[12:41] | But she was really mean to me. | 但她对我很刻薄 |
[12:42] | Go! | 快去 |
[12:47] | Believe it or not, I am so proud of that girl. | 随你们信不信 我为那姑娘感到很骄傲 |
[12:53] | So, Christy, I have to ask, | 克丽丝蒂 我得问问 |
[12:55] | what inspired you to go back to school to become a lawyer? | 是什么激励了你 让你回去上学 当律师 |
[12:59] | Well, actually, it was something I’ve wanted to do | 实际上 从我小时候开始 |
[13:01] | since I was a kid. | 我就一直想当律师 |
[13:02] | I saw this one get hauled off by the police a bunch of times, | 我看见她几次被警察拖走 |
[13:05] | and… | 然后 |
[13:07] | I wanted to help her. | 我想帮她 |
[13:11] | You couldn’t just say you read a book about Lincoln? | 你不能说你读到了讲林肯的书吗 |
[13:15] | You know, that’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[13:16] | I got into psychology to help my mother. | 我读心理学也是为了帮我妈妈 |
[13:20] | As you can see, it didn’t work. | 如你所见 并没有用 |
[13:25] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[13:28] | I thought it was to understand | 我还以为是为了弄明白 |
[13:29] | your obsession with boobies. | 你对乳房的执念 |
[13:33] | I had to breastfeed him till he was four. | 我给他喂奶喂到了四岁 |
[13:36] | Ma… | 妈 |
[13:37] | Yeah, you want to zetz with the big boys, that’s what happens. | 你想挑衅大人物 这就是下场 |
[13:43] | So, we gonna talk about the age difference with these two or what? | 我们要聊聊他俩的年龄差距吗 |
[13:46] | Please let’s go back to boobies. | 拜托 继续说胸部吧 |
[13:50] | Christy, tell me | 克丽丝蒂 告诉我 |
[13:51] | that you’re not concerned. | 你不担心 |
[13:54] | Well, I-I was at first, | 我一开始担心 |
[13:55] | but they both seem happy together, and… | 但他们在一起好像很快乐 |
[13:59] | isn’t that what’s important? | 这才是重要的吧 |
[14:01] | Hmm. Thank you, Mary Poppins. | 谢谢 玛丽·波平斯 |
[14:07] | How ’bout you? | 你呢 |
[14:09] | Well, Phyl… | 小菲 |
[14:13] | …who am I to judge? | 我有什么资格评判呢 |
[14:14] | I’m a middle-aged woman. | 我是中年女人了 |
[14:16] | What does that got to do with anything? | 那跟这事有什么关系 |
[14:17] | I just wanted you to know I’m a lot younger than you are. | 我只是想告诉你 我比你年轻得多 |
[14:23] | Why don’t I get that. | 我去吧 |
[14:25] | Now, that’s a zetz. | 那才是重击 |
[14:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[14:32] | You wouldn’t answer your phone, you don’t return my texts. | 你不接电话 不回短信 |
[14:33] | I want to know what’s going on. | 我想知道怎么了 |
[14:34] | What’s going on is we’ve got company. | 情况是我们这里有客人 |
[14:36] | I’ll talk to you tomorrow. | 我明天跟你说 |
[14:37] | – No! – No?! | -不行 -不行吗 |
[14:39] | I demand to be heard! | 必须听我说话 |
[14:40] | I am not your secret sex toy! | 我不是你的秘密情趣玩具 |
[14:45] | Do something. | 做点什么 |
[14:47] | Mom, you mind taking your dumb-ass life outside? | 妈 你介意出去处理愚蠢的生活吗 |
[14:50] | Sure. Move. | 好吧 出去 |
[14:52] | Can you imagine what they were like when they drank? | 你能想象她们酗酒时的样子吗 |
[14:55] | Mom, please… | 妈 拜托 |
[14:56] | I’m tired of letting you call all the shots. | 我受够了一切都是你做主 |
[14:58] | Now, are we in a real relationship or not? | 我们到底在不在谈恋爱 |
[14:59] | Wow. I’ve never seen this forceful side of you before. | 我之前从未见过你这么强迫的一面 |
[15:03] | Well, sometimes a man’s got– | 有时候男人会… |
[15:04] | – Well, I don’t like it! – Okay. | -我不喜欢 -好吧 |
[15:08] | Is Christy here? I need to talk to Christy. | 克丽丝蒂在吗 我得跟她谈谈 |
[15:09] | Yeah. She’s inside. What’s going on? | 她在里面 怎么了 |
[15:11] | My ex-husband is having a baby | 我的前夫和讨厌的麻醉师 |
[15:12] | with his skanky anesthesiologist, | 要生孩子了 |
[15:14] | which is crazy, because he never wanted to have a baby with me. | 这太疯狂了 因为他从来不想跟我生孩子 |
[15:17] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[15:18] | why wouldn’t anybody want to have a baby with me?! | 为什么有人会不想跟我生小孩啊 |
[15:23] | So you can’t even take a Xanax? | 你甚至都没法吃镇定药吗 |
[15:27] | No. | 不行 |
[15:28] | We face our difficulties with dignity and grace. | 我们高贵优雅地面对困难 |
[15:32] | Christy, I need you. | 克丽丝蒂 我需要你 |
[15:35] | My husband knocked up his whore. | 我丈夫把他婊子的肚子搞大了 |
[15:46] | Everybody, this is Jill. | 各位 这是吉尔 |
[15:48] | Jill, this is… | 吉尔 这是 |
[15:49] | Don’t care. | 不在乎 |
[15:50] | Why don’t you answer your phone? | 你为什么不接电话 |
[15:51] | – Let’s talk in the kitchen. – Mom, | -我们去厨房说 -妈 |
[15:53] | can’t you do this later? | 就不能晚点再说吗 |
[15:54] | Just need five minutes. | 五分钟就好 |
[15:56] | I would’ve been a wonderful mother! | 我本来会是个超棒的母亲的 |
[16:01] | Maybe six minutes. | 也许六分钟 |
[16:03] | Maybe we should go. | 也许我们该走了 |
[16:05] | Are you kidding? This is like dinner and a show. | 你开玩笑吗 吃着晚餐还能看表演呢 |
[16:08] | You’ll regret this, Bonnie Plunkett! | 你会后悔的 邦妮·普兰科特 |
[16:10] | You’re gonna miss my lovin’! | 你会怀念我的爱的 |
[16:12] | Act two. | 第二幕 |
[16:18] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[16:19] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吧 |
[16:21] | Not really. I had to end it with him. | 不算还好 我得跟他分手 |
[16:23] | All because he didn’t want to be your secret sex toy. | 因为他不想做你的秘密情趣玩具 |
[16:27] | Oh, for God’s sakes. | 看在老天的份上 |
[16:29] | They say these things out loud. | 他们大声说出来了 |
[16:31] | I shouldn’t listen? | 我不该听吗 |
[16:34] | It wasn’t him. | 不是他的问题 |
[16:36] | It’s just hard for me to make a commitment. | 我只是很难作出承诺 |
[16:38] | Yeah? Why is that? | 为什么 |
[16:40] | Well, I don’t know if Violet told you, | 我不知道维奥莉特跟你说过没有 |
[16:41] | but the love of my life died last year. | 但我此生挚爱去年去世了 |
[16:44] | Oh, I’m sorry. No. | 真抱歉 不 |
[16:46] | How did he die? | 他怎么死的 |
[16:47] | We were in bed together… | 我们当时在床上 |
[16:48] | Mom! Now! | 妈 快出来 |
[16:51] | I’m sorry. Two more minutes. | 抱歉 再两分钟 |
[16:53] | Oh, forget it. Let’s just get out of here. | 算了 我们走吧 |
[16:55] | Violet, please, I’m trying. | 维奥莉特 拜托 我在努力 |
[16:57] | Yeah, you’re always trying. | 你总是在努力 |
[16:58] | I asked you for one normal family dinner | 我只要你吃一顿正常的家庭晚餐 |
[17:00] | and you couldn’t do it. | 你都做不到 |
[17:01] | Hey, friends come to me for help. | 朋友们来找我帮忙 |
[17:02] | I am not gonna turn them away. | 我不会拒绝她们的 |
[17:04] | – Yeah, but I’m– – There’s no buts. | -但是我 -没有但是 |
[17:06] | People were there for me when I needed them. | 我需要她们时 她们都在 |
[17:08] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在轮到我了 |
[17:09] | Great. And as always, | 真棒 一如既往 |
[17:11] | it doesn’t matter what I need. | 我需要什么不重要 |
[17:12] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[17:13] | Wait, may I say something? | 等等 我能说句话吗 |
[17:16] | Say it in the car. | 在车里说 |
[17:19] | When I came here tonight, | 我今晚过来时 |
[17:20] | I didn’t know what to expect. | 不知道会遇见什么 |
[17:22] | I mean, alcoholics, drug addicts, | 我是说 酒鬼 毒瘾者 |
[17:25] | felons, Gentiles… | 重罪犯 非犹太人 |
[17:31] | But, Christy, | 但是 克丽丝蒂 |
[17:32] | what-what you’re doing with the tattoo girl | 你对纹身姑娘和厨房里那个废物 |
[17:34] | and that basket case in the kitchen… | 做的事情 |
[17:39] | …it’s a mitzvah. | 这是善行 |
[17:41] | A whatzvah? | 什么 |
[17:43] | A mitzvah. It means good deed. | 善行 意思是好事 |
[17:46] | Huh. I thought it was that big cracker. | 我还以为那是大饼干呢 |
[17:54] | That’s-That-That’s matzoh. | 那是无酵饼 |
[17:57] | Say the other one again. | 再说一次另外一个 |
[17:59] | Mitzvah. | 善行 |
[18:01] | Violet… your mother helps people. | 维奥莉特 你妈妈帮助别人 |
[18:03] | What’s better than that? | 有什么比这个更好呢 |
[18:04] | I don’t know. She could help me. | 我不知道 她可以帮我 |
[18:06] | Aw. What do you need help with? | 你需要帮什么忙 |
[18:08] | You’re beautiful, you’re young, | 你年轻漂亮 |
[18:10] | you’re intelligent, you’re gonna marry my son, | 很聪明 你要嫁给我儿子 |
[18:13] | have ten nice years with him. | 跟他好好过十年 |
[18:20] | Ten? | 十年 |
[18:21] | Yeah. The over-under’s six. | 是啊 误差六年 |
[18:24] | The bottom line is you should be very grateful | 底线是你该感激 |
[18:26] | that this wonderful woman is your mother. | 这个超棒的女人是你妈妈 |
[18:30] | Thank you, Phyllis. | 谢谢 菲丽丝 |
[18:32] | You’re very welcome, dear. | 不用谢 亲爱的 |
[18:34] | This really is the most adorable little tushy. | 这真是最可爱的小屁屁 |
[18:40] | What the hell am I eating? | 我在吃什么呢 |
[18:43] | I’ve been asking that all night long. | 我今晚一直在问这个问题 |
[18:56] | So, go figure– ever since the dinner, | 想想看吧 自从晚餐过后 |
[18:58] | we can’t stop talking like we’re in Fiddler on the Roof! | 我们说话的方式就跟《屋顶上的提琴手》里一样 |
[19:02] | Enough already with that verkakte story. | 别说那个可怜的故事了 |
[19:05] | You’re breaking my kishkes. | 你让我的心都碎了 |
[19:09] | Oy. | 哎呀 |
[19:09] | See? It’s contagious. | 瞧 这有传染性 |
[19:11] | No, Steve just walked in. | 不 史蒂夫刚进来了 |
[19:15] | With a shiksa. | 这个非犹太姑娘 |
[19:20] | I’m such a schmuck. | 我真是个笨蛋 |