时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hi. Christy, alcoholic. | 大家好 我是克丽丝蒂 酒瘾者 |
[00:04] | Hi, Christy. | 你好 克丽丝蒂 |
[00:06] | I can’t help thinking | 我忍不住想 |
[00:08] | where I was Christmas five years ago. | 五年前圣诞节我在哪 |
[00:11] | I mean, I-I’ve really thought about it and… | 我真的有认真想过 |
[00:17] | I literally don’t know where I was. | 我真记不清我在哪了 |
[00:21] | But if any of you were there, maybe you could help me | 但如果你们谁那时和我在一起 也许你能帮我 |
[00:23] | piece it together or my deepest apology, | 拼凑起记忆 或者我向你致歉 |
[00:26] | whichever applies. Thanks. | 两者都适用 谢谢 |
[00:30] | Hi, I’m Marjorie and I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是玛乔丽 我是酒瘾者 |
[00:33] | Hi, Marjorie. | 你好 玛乔丽 |
[00:34] | This is a difficult holiday with Victor being sick, | 今年节日很不好过 因为维克托病了 |
[00:39] | and, uh, | 而且 |
[00:41] | I know I need to focus on him, | 我知道我需要把精力放在他身上 |
[00:43] | so I’m sad to say | 所以我很难过地宣布 |
[00:45] | that I won’t be able to host my annual Christmas cookie party. | 我不会举办年度圣诞饼干派对了 |
[00:49] | Aw. Of course I’m disappointed… | 我当然很失望… |
[00:51] | Good thing we’re in a meeting so we can manage our grief. | 还好我们在互助会上 能控制住悲伤 |
[00:54] | – Shh. – Yeah, shh. | -嘘 -对啊 嘘 |
[01:00] | I love this meeting. | 我喜欢互助会 |
[01:01] | You ladies have really carried me through the last few weeks, | 你们真的帮我度过了过去的几周 |
[01:04] | so to show my gratitude, next week | 为了表示感谢 下周 |
[01:08] | I am bringing my famous nutty fruit log. | 我会带上我著名的坚果水果硬糖 |
[01:11] | Yay. | 好耶 |
[01:15] | Would anyone else like to share? | 还有谁想分享吗 |
[01:17] | – Mary, alcoholic. – Hi, Mary. | -我是玛丽 酒瘾者 -我是玛丽 |
[01:20] | I’m afraid Mary isn’t very merry this year. | 恐怕玛丽今年不是很快乐 |
[01:23] | It was recently brought to my attention | 我最近发现 |
[01:25] | that my holiday letter was a bit of a bummer. | 我的节日信不是很受欢迎 |
[01:27] | – I don’t think we got one. – We did. | -我们好像没收到过 -我们收到过 |
[01:29] | That’s why the table doesn’t wobble anymore. | 所以桌子现在不晃了 |
[01:33] | I understand telling everyone that my daughter was in jail, | 我知道告诉所有人我女儿在监狱里 |
[01:37] | that my brother got evicted, and that my pink eye came back, | 我兄弟被驱逐出境 我的红眼病复发 |
[01:40] | was not exactly holiday cheer, but it is what happened, | 不是很契合节日氛围 但事实就是事实 |
[01:44] | and I did make it rhyme. | 我还特意押韵了 |
[01:48] | Thanks for letting me share. | 感谢让我分享 |
[01:49] | I know you all care. | 我知道你们都在乎 |
[01:54] | Okay. Okay, my turn. | 好吧 该我了 |
[01:56] | Bonnie, alcoholic. | 我是邦妮 酒瘾者 |
[01:57] | Hi, Bonnie. | 邦妮 |
[01:59] | Everybody always shares about how hard it is | 每个人总是说圣诞节时 |
[02:02] | around the Christmas holiday. | 有多么艰难 |
[02:04] | And to them I say, ba-bam! | 对她们我要说 气死你们 |
[02:13] | That’s all I got. | 我只想说这个 |
[02:14] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[02:35] | Ugh. Wow. | 天啊 |
[02:38] | Look what happy people do for the holidays. | 看看快乐的人为节日做了什么 |
[02:41] | Please. They’re obviously overcompensating. | 拜托 他们显然是在过度补偿 |
[02:44] | You see Christmas cheer, I see a miserable couple | 你看到的是节日快乐 我看到的是一对可悲的夫妇 |
[02:46] | on the brink of divorce. | 处在离婚边缘 |
[02:48] | You get all that from the front door? | 你这是从前门看出来的吗 |
[02:50] | And I read their mail. | 而且我读了他们的信件 |
[02:55] | Did you leave the light on? | 你没关灯吗 |
[02:57] | Oh, my God, we’ve been robbed. | 天啊 我们被抢了 |
[03:01] | Of what? | 抢了什么啊 |
[03:03] | We don’t have anything. | 我们什么都没有 |
[03:06] | My laptop. | 我的笔记本 |
[03:06] | Oh, damn it, I left my watch on the nightstand. | 该死 我把表放床头柜上了 |
[03:14] | – Was that you? – No. I was in back. | -那是你吗 -不 我在后面 |
[03:15] | Oh, my God! That means they were still in here. | 天啊 也就是说他们还在这里 |
[03:17] | Get out, get out, get out! | 快出去 |
[03:20] | That means they’re out here now. | 他们应该是出来了啊 |
[03:22] | Get in, get in, get in! | 快进去 |
[03:30] | Looks like he got in through the bedroom window. | 看起来他是从卧室窗户进来的 |
[03:33] | He? It could’ve been a woman. | 他 也可能是个女人 |
[03:37] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:39] | You might want to get that window fixed. | 你们最好把窗户修好 |
[03:41] | I’ll tell the building manager. | 我会跟大楼管理员说的 |
[03:42] | I’m sure she’ll get to it in a few months. | 我相信她几个月内会修的 |
[03:44] | Is now really the time? | 现在合适吗 |
[03:48] | Here is a list of the missing items. | 这是失窃物品的清单 |
[03:52] | Is there any chance you’re gonna find our stuff? | 你们有可能找到我们的东西吗 |
[03:55] | You want hope or the truth? | 你想要希望还是真相 |
[03:56] | I’ve never had either. I just want my laptop. | 两者我都没有过 我只想要我的笔记本 |
[04:00] | Sure. | 好 |
[04:03] | – Thanks, officers. – Yeah. | -谢谢 警官 -没事 |
[04:08] | I don’t get the feeling we’re the cold case | 我感觉我们这事 |
[04:09] | those two are gonna carry to their graves. | 不是他们会在意一辈子的疑案 |
[04:12] | I had a term paper on that computer | 那电脑上有我的学期论文 |
[04:14] | and it’s my entire grade. | 我的成绩全靠它 |
[04:16] | Did you back it up? | 你备份了吗 |
[04:17] | If I had backed it up, would I be freaking out right now? | 如果我备份了 我现在会焦虑吗 |
[04:19] | Maybe. You run pretty hot. | 也许吧 你挺急躁的 |
[04:22] | Now I’m gonna fail that class, and then I won’t graduate, | 现在我会不及格 然后我没法毕业 |
[04:24] | and then I won’t get into law school | 然后我没法进法学院 |
[04:25] | and all this hard work will have been for nothing, | 所有的努力都化为泡影 |
[04:27] | and I might as well just stick my head in the oven. | 我还不如把头塞进烤炉里 |
[04:29] | Well, if that’s the plan, kitchen’s over there. | 如果那是你的计划 厨房在那边 |
[04:32] | That’s it? | 这就完了 |
[04:34] | You’re not gonna talk me down? | 你不劝劝我吗 |
[04:35] | Excuse me, but there are two victims here. | 不好意思 但这里有两个受害人 |
[04:37] | That worthless punk stole my watch. | 那个卑劣的混蛋偷了我的表 |
[04:39] | Oop, no. | 不 |
[04:41] | Here it is. | 在这呢 |
[04:44] | Hmm. Looks like they didn’t touch Roscoe’s stuff. | 看起来他们没动罗斯科的东西 |
[04:47] | Baseball cards, paintball gun. | 棒球卡 漆弹枪 |
[04:51] | Hey, maybe we should consider getting a real gun. | 也许我们应该考虑买把真枪 |
[04:55] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[04:56] | Yeah, we’re adults. We know what to… | 是的 我们是成年人 我们有分寸… |
[05:05] | I’m sorry. It was an accident. | 抱歉 这是意外 |
[05:07] | It was not an accident! | 这不是意外 |
[05:09] | Oh, come on, why would I shoot you? | 拜托 我为什么要枪击你 |
[05:11] | Why wouldn’t you shoot me? | 你为什么不枪击我 |
[05:13] | Go get a towel. | 去拿个毛巾来 |
[05:19] | Still want to get a real gun? | 还想买真枪吗 |
[05:29] | Are you planning on sleeping with the lights on? | 你打算开着灯睡觉吗 |
[05:33] | I don’t plan on sleeping at all. | 我根本没打算睡觉 |
[05:35] | It just creeps me out some stranger was in our home. | 某个陌生人进了我们家令我很不安 |
[05:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:41] | I mean, for all we know, he could have come up here | 就我们所知 他有可能来这里 |
[05:43] | and rubbed his ugly naked butt on your pillow. | 用丑陋的光屁股蹭了你的枕头 |
[05:50] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么这样说 |
[05:52] | Oh, come on, we’re both thinkin’ it. | 得了吧 我们都在这样想 |
[05:54] | No, I really wasn’t. | 不 我真没这样想 |
[05:56] | You are now. | 你现在想了 |
[06:03] | What was that? | 那是什么声音 |
[06:06] | Sounds like the water heater. | 听起来像热水器 |
[06:08] | How could it be the water heater? | 怎么可能是热水器 |
[06:10] | The water heater doesn’t work. | 热水器是坏的 |
[06:11] | Maybe the burglar broke in and he’s fixing it. | 也许贼进来修好了 |
[06:14] | Well, at least somebody is. | 至少有人修了 |
[06:15] | I told you, it’s on my list. | 我说过 我记着呢 |
[06:17] | – I’m waiting for parts. – I’m waiting for parts. Well, I am. | -我在等零件 -我在等零件 我确实在等 |
[06:20] | Just turn off the light and go to bed. | 关上灯睡觉吧 |
[06:37] | I broke into a house once. | 我以前闯进过别人家 |
[06:44] | What? | 什么 |
[06:45] | Yep. | 是的 |
[06:47] | I needed money for drugs. | 我需要钱买毒品 |
[06:50] | I cased a couple of houses. | 我观察了几个房子 |
[06:52] | I saw one where the mail was stacked up. | 我看到一家邮件没人取 |
[06:55] | I went around back and broke a window. | 我绕到后面 打碎了玻璃 |
[07:00] | That’s a straight-up felony. | 这可是如假包换的重罪 |
[07:02] | Only if you get caught. | 除非你被抓住 |
[07:06] | It was the one time I really, | 那是我唯一一次 |
[07:08] | you know, crossed the line. | 真的越界了 |
[07:10] | The one time? | 唯一一次吗 |
[07:13] | I mean, I did what normal people do. | 我做了正常人做的事 |
[07:14] | You know, go to a party, raid the medicine cabinet, | 参加一场派对 洗劫药品柜 |
[07:17] | rifle through the jackets on the bed, | 翻翻床上的夹克 |
[07:19] | take an outfit out of the closet, wear it home. | 从衣柜拿一件外套 穿回家 |
[07:22] | Who does that? | 谁会那样做啊 |
[07:24] | You might not want to hear this, | 你也许不想听这个 |
[07:26] | but that’s what you were doing Christmas five years ago. | 但你五年前圣诞节就是这样做的 |
[07:32] | I can’t believe you broke into somebody’s house. | 我不敢相信你闯进了某人家 |
[07:34] | Me neither. God… | 我也是 天啊 |
[07:38] | I never thought about what I put those people through until now. | 我从没有想过我让那些人经历了什么 直到现在 |
[07:43] | Just curious, what’d you steal? | 我很好奇 你偷了什么 |
[07:46] | Mmm. Cash, jewelry, an EpiPen. | 现金 珠宝 肾上腺素针 |
[07:50] | I hope the kid didn’t eat peanuts the next day. | 希望那家孩子第二天没吃花生 |
[07:53] | That’s what those are for? | 原来针是那用处啊 |
[07:56] | Oh. It just made me run fast. | 只是让我跑得更快了 |
[08:02] | Sounds awful. | 听起来真糟糕 |
[08:04] | I’m sorry you went through that. | 很抱歉你们经历了这事 |
[08:06] | Yeah. I’m still pretty shaken up. | 是啊 我还是有点后怕 |
[08:08] | You should get a dog. | 你应该养只狗 |
[08:10] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[08:11] | My mom’s barely housebroken. | 我妈妈都没调教好 |
[08:14] | How about a cat? | 猫呢 |
[08:17] | A security cat? | 防盗猫吗 |
[08:19] | Mine freak out when a stranger comes to the door. | 我家猫在陌生人上门时反应很大 |
[08:21] | You should see my mailman’s ankles. | 你应该看看我家邮差的脚踝 |
[08:25] | Well, I did put up some cheap webcams. | 我布置了几个便宜的网络摄像头 |
[08:27] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[08:29] | Living room… kitchen. Mm-hmm. | 客厅 厨房 |
[08:33] | Yep. There’s Bonnie. | 是的 那是邦妮 |
[08:38] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[08:39] | I live with Homer Simpson. | 我和荷马·辛普森住在一起 |
[08:43] | Wait, why is she going through my laundry? | 等等 她为什么翻我的换洗衣物 |
[08:48] | Better question, why is she taking off her sweatpants? | 更好的问题是 她为什么在脱运动裤 |
[08:52] | That’s my underwear. | 那是我的内裤 |
[08:54] | She’s putting on my underwear. | 她在穿我的内裤 |
[08:57] | Oh, my God. That’s why all my thongs are stretched out. | 天啊 难怪我的丁字裤都撑大了 |
[09:02] | Strange butts in my underwear, | 内裤里的陌生屁股 |
[09:04] | strange butts on my pillow. | 枕头上的陌生屁股 |
[09:07] | Will this nightmare never end? | 噩梦何时结束 |
[09:09] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[09:10] | – Christy, I think I found your laptop. – What? | -克丽丝蒂 我好像找到你的笔记本了 -什么 |
[09:14] | Someone just posted it on craigslist, | 某人刚发在了克雷格列表网上 |
[09:15] | and it has that lame “Follow your dreams” Sticker on it. | 上面有你差劲的”追随你的梦想”贴纸 |
[09:18] | Oh, my God. This is it. | 天啊 就是这台 |
[09:21] | How did you know to look there? | 你怎么知道该上这里找 |
[09:24] | A lot of people sell stolen stuff online. | 很多人会把赃物放在网上出售 |
[09:29] | Or so I’ve heard. | 至少我是这样听说的 |
[09:33] | Unbelievable. They want $300 for it. | 难以置信 他们出价三百美元 |
[09:37] | The “Z” doesn’t even work. | Z键都是坏的 |
[09:39] | You wrote an entire term paper without a “Z”? | 你不用Z键写了一整篇学期论文吗 |
[09:41] | That’s amazing. | 真厉害[含Z] |
[09:43] | No. That’s astonishing, | 不 应该是了不起 |
[09:46] | incredible or jaw-dropping. | 不可思议和惊掉下巴 |
[09:58] | Why so squirmy? | 你扭什么 |
[10:00] | It’s almost like your underwear is the wrong size. | 就好像你的内裤尺寸不对一样 |
[10:03] | What’s it to you? | 你管什么 |
[10:04] | I saw you take mine on the spycam. | 我在摄像头里看到你穿我的内裤了 |
[10:06] | That is such a violation of my privacy. | 你侵犯了我的隐私 |
[10:09] | You can’t say that in my panties. | 你不能穿着我的内裤这么说 |
[10:12] | I hate to interrupt, | 抱歉打断 |
[10:13] | but I think that’s the building. | 但我想就是那栋楼 |
[10:17] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 你确定这是个好主意吗 |
[10:19] | What? Four middle-aged women waltzing into a crime scene? | 什么 四个中年女人闲庭信步走进犯罪现场 |
[10:23] | What are we supposed to do? | 那我们该怎么做 |
[10:25] | The cops won’t even return my phone calls. | 警察连我电话都不回 |
[10:26] | Well, in their defense, you left super long messages. | 为他们辩护一下 你留的语音信息太长了 |
[10:30] | Well, screw them. | 去他们的 |
[10:31] | I’m gonna go get my laptop back. | 我要去拿回笔记本 |
[10:33] | I’m not sure– this is a pretty dicey part of town. | 我不确定 这片地区很危险啊 |
[10:36] | Oh, come on. We’ve all been in worse neighborhoods | 拜托 我们去过更糟糕的小区 |
[10:39] | than this to buy drugs. | 买毒品 |
[10:40] | Or to sell drugs. | 或者是去贩毒 |
[10:43] | Or just hoping to meet someone. | 或者只是希望跟人见面 |
[10:49] | Come on, ladies, let’s hit the bricks! | 快 我们走上街吧 |
[10:58] | Why is no one hittin’ the bricks? | 为什么没人上街 |
[11:03] | Really, Mom? | 真的吗 妈妈 |
[11:04] | I have a diamond ring to protect now. | 我现在要保护钻戒了 |
[11:07] | But your kid, your kid you can lose? | 但你的女儿呢 你女儿就可以抛弃吗 |
[11:11] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说啥 |
[11:17] | Did this guy sound dangerous on the phone? | 这人在电话上听起来危险吗 |
[11:19] | We only e-mailed, | 我们只发了电邮 |
[11:21] | just the time and place. | 定了时间和地点 |
[11:23] | Okay, someone’s got to go in first. | 好 得有人先进去 |
[11:25] | Who’s the most expendable? | 谁最可以牺牲 |
[11:28] | Are you all staring at me so I’ll say Wendy? | 你们都盯着我 等着我说温蒂吗 |
[11:31] | Just knock. | 敲门吧 |
[11:35] | What if he lured us here so he can rob us again? | 如果他把我们骗来这里 要再抢我们怎么办 |
[11:37] | Well, you wanted to meet somebody. | 你想跟人见面的啊 |
[11:42] | Oh, hello, girls. | 姐妹们 |
[11:44] | What are you all doing here? | 你们怎么来了 |
[11:48] | *God rest ye merry gentlemen* | *上帝赐予你快乐 先生们* |
[11:51] | *Let nothing you dismay* | *让万事充满希望 无事令你惊慌* |
[11:54] | *Remember Christ our Savior* | *请记得基督 我们的救世主* |
[11:56] | *Was born on Christmas Day…* | *诞生于圣诞节* |
[12:00] | *Two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.* | *两只斑鸠和一只站在梨树上的鹧鸪* |
[12:08] | What a treat! | 真好听 |
[12:09] | Oh, thank you for coming and bringing some Christmas cheer. | 谢谢你们带来圣诞气氛 |
[12:13] | How about if I make us all a cup of hot cocoa? | 我给大家倒一杯热可可怎么样 |
[12:16] | That’d be great, Mare. | 太棒了 梅尔 |
[12:18] | That bitch stole our stuff. | 那贱人偷了我们的东西 |
[12:22] | This doesn’t make any sense– it couldn’t have been her. | 这不合理啊 不可能是她 |
[12:24] | Is it just me, or did we sound really good caroling? | 只有我这么觉得吗 还是我们的圣诞颂歌唱得很棒 |
[12:28] | Will you focus? | 你集中注意好吗 |
[12:29] | We’re dealing with a criminal mastermind. | 我们在和犯罪主谋打交道 |
[12:31] | Tiny marshmallows all around? | 要小棉花糖吗 |
[12:32] | – Lovely. – Mary, wait a minute. | -好啊 -玛丽 等等 |
[12:35] | Actually, we’re here because of a very strange situation. | 实际上我们过来是因为一件奇怪的事 |
[12:40] | Christy and Bonnie got robbed. | 克丽丝蒂和邦妮被抢了 |
[12:44] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[12:46] | Is there anything I can do to help? | 我能做什么来帮忙吗 |
[12:48] | Actually, there might be. | 实际上 也许有 |
[12:50] | We tracked down my stolen laptop to this address. | 我们追踪我被偷的笔记本到了这个地址 |
[12:54] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂了 |
[12:55] | – Where you hiding the loot, old woman? – Mom. | -你把抢走的东西藏哪儿了 老太婆 -妈妈 |
[12:58] | I’m sorry, did you want to be bad cop? | 抱歉 你想演坏警察吗 |
[13:00] | Of course we don’t think it’s you. | 我们当然不会觉得是你 |
[13:03] | Uh… does anyone else live here? | 这里还住着别人吗 |
[13:05] | Oh, just my grandson, Todd. | 只有我外孙托德 |
[13:08] | On Law & Order, | 在《法律与秩序》里 |
[13:09] | this is when we would exchange a knowing look. | 我们这时候就该交换一个会意的眼色了 |
[13:12] | Oh, no, not my Todd. | 不 不是我的托德 |
[13:14] | He’s always been a good boy. | 他一直是个好孩子 |
[13:15] | I’m sure he has. Can some of us comfort you | 肯定的 我们一些人安慰你 |
[13:18] | – while the rest of us search his room? – No! | -另一些人搜他的房间好吗 -不 |
[13:20] | He would never steal. | 他绝对不会偷东西 |
[13:22] | He’s studying to be an electrician. | 他在好好学习 好当个电工 |
[13:24] | All I know is that someone gave me this address | 我只知道有人给了我这个地址 |
[13:27] | to come over and buy my computer back. | 让我过来买我的电脑 |
[13:30] | – No one’s judging you, Mary. – Of course not. | -没人评判你 玛丽 -当然没有 |
[13:32] | We’re judging your thief/electrician grandson. | 我们评判的是你的小偷/电工外孙 |
[13:38] | I think that you should leave. | 我觉得你们该走了 |
[13:41] | Just her, or all of us? | 就她还是我们所有人啊 |
[13:44] | Mare, maybe he lost his way a little. | 梅尔 也许他迷了路 |
[13:47] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道自己在说什么 |
[13:49] | Just get out. | 出去 |
[13:52] | Okay, ladies, let’s go. | 好吧 姑娘们 我们走 |
[13:54] | Wait. We’re just leaving? | 等等 我们就这样走吗 |
[13:56] | Yes, you’re leaving. | 对 你们要走 |
[13:58] | Fine. But we’ll be back. | 好吧 但我们会回来的 |
[14:00] | Probably. I mean, we haven’t talked about a plan yet… | 也许 我们还没商量过计划 |
[14:05] | Um, Mary, if you do find the computer, | 玛丽 如果你找到了笔记本 |
[14:08] | could you please print out my paper?! | 能打印一下我的论文吗 |
[14:14] | Do you think Mary’ll show up tonight? | 你觉得玛丽今晚会来吗 |
[14:16] | Well, if she doesn’t, I hope she finds another meeting, | 如果她没来 我希望她找到另一个互助会 |
[14:19] | because the most important thing | 因为最重要的事 |
[14:21] | is that she works the program so she can maintain her sobriety. | 就是她参与计划 这样才能坚持戒瘾 |
[14:25] | Let me ask you something– and this is 100% sincere. | 我问你个问题 我是真心问的 |
[14:29] | Have you ever put yourself to sleep while you were talking? | 你说话时让自己睡着过吗 |
[14:37] | Hey. Turns out we weren’t the only ones who got hit. | 原来不止我们被抢了 |
[14:41] | Laura was robbed while she was at a meeting, too. | 劳拉也在参加互助会时被抢了 |
[14:43] | How weird is that? | 真奇怪啊 |
[14:44] | It’s not weird at all. | 一点也不奇怪 |
[14:46] | This kid hangs around his grandmother’s meetings, | 这孩子来参加他外婆的互助会 |
[14:49] | so he can follow people home, | 好跟踪别人回家 |
[14:51] | so he can rob them the next time they’re here. | 下次他们来参加会议时 他就能抢他们家了 |
[14:53] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[14:54] | It’s also pretty smart. | 也很聪明 |
[14:57] | But mainly awful. | 但主要是可怕 |
[14:59] | Christy? | 克丽丝蒂 |
[15:02] | Oh, good. You came. | 真好 你来了 |
[15:05] | I didn’t want to believe you, but… | 我不想相信你 但是 |
[15:07] | I went into Todd’s room. | 我搜了托德的房间 |
[15:12] | I hope this is everything. | 希望这是被偷的一切 |
[15:16] | My computer. | 我的电脑 |
[15:18] | Thank you, Mary. | 谢谢你 玛丽 |
[15:20] | Are you gonna call the police? | 你要报警吗 |
[15:23] | That wouldn’t help anyone. | 这对谁都没帮助 |
[15:29] | Wait. Mary, aren’t you staying for the meeting? | 等等 玛丽 你不留下来参加会议吗 |
[15:34] | Not today. | 今天不了 |
[15:36] | But we’ll see you next week? | 但下周你会来的吧 |
[15:40] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[15:44] | Uh, what should we do? | 我们该怎么做 |
[15:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:47] | Maybe just give her some time. | 给她一些时间吧 |
[15:50] | Boy, it’s just so sad. | 天啊 真可悲 |
[15:53] | I know. Poor Mary. | 就是啊 可怜的玛丽 |
[15:56] | No. I mean, everything we own that’s worth stealing | 不 我是说我们家值得偷的一切东西 |
[15:59] | fits in one bag. | 能放进一个袋子里 |
[16:04] | This is a Christmas miracle. | 这真是圣诞奇迹 |
[16:05] | Your paper’s still there? | 你的论文还在吗 |
[16:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:09] | I remember my opening paragraph being a little snappier. | 我记得我的开始部分更损的 |
[16:13] | You think there’s a chance that kid might have… | 你觉得那孩子可能… |
[16:14] | Stolen your computer, broken into your documents | 偷了你的电脑 打开你的文件 |
[16:17] | and rewrote your homework? | 重写你的家庭作业吗 |
[16:19] | So you’re not ruling it out? | 所以你不排除这种可能性啊 |
[16:24] | Huh. What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[16:27] | Gold earrings. | 金耳环 |
[16:29] | He must have stolen these from someone else. | 他肯定是偷的别人的 |
[16:31] | No, those are ours. | 不 那是我们的 |
[16:33] | – They are not. – Yes, they are. | -不是 -就是 |
[16:36] | After how bad we felt getting robbed, | 我们被抢后那么难过 |
[16:38] | you want to do the same thing? | 你居然还想抢别人的东西 |
[16:40] | You’re unbelievable. I feel ashamed that I know you. | 你简直不可理喻 我居然认识你 我真是羞愧 |
[16:43] | They’re my Christmas present to you. | 这是我送你的圣诞礼物 |
[16:45] | Oh, my God, Mom, they’re so nice! | 天啊 妈妈 好漂亮 |
[16:49] | Why didn’t you stop me from saying all that? | 你为什么不阻止我说那些话 |
[16:51] | I feel terrible. | 我好内疚 |
[16:52] | And that’s my Christmas present from you. | 那是你送我的圣诞礼物 |
[17:00] | Mary? It’s Christy. | 玛丽 我是克丽丝蒂 |
[17:02] | What about me? | 怎么不提我 |
[17:04] | Let’s let you be a delightful surprise. | 你就是个令人愉快的惊喜 |
[17:07] | Please go away. | 请走开 |
[17:10] | Come on, Mary, open the door. | 拜托 玛丽 开门吧 |
[17:16] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[17:19] | We were worried about you. | 我们担心你 |
[17:21] | We haven’t seen you in a week. | 一周没见你了 |
[17:26] | What happened to your Christmas tree? | 你的圣诞树怎么了 |
[17:29] | I didn’t feel like celebrating this year. | 我今年不想庆祝 |
[17:34] | How are things with your grandson? | 你外孙怎么样了 |
[17:36] | Not good. He took off. | 不好 他走了 |
[17:38] | I’m really worried about him. | 我真的很担心他 |
[17:43] | Todd was always my little shining star. | 托德一直都是我的闪亮的小星星 |
[17:49] | I know this is hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[17:50] | but you can’t stop coming to meetings. | 但你不能不参加会议 |
[17:53] | Oh. I’m too embarrassed. | 我太丢脸了 |
[17:55] | In front of us? | 在我们面前吗 |
[17:57] | Have you listened to our shares? | 你听过我们的分享吗 |
[17:59] | We’re all train wrecks. | 我们都一团糟 |
[18:01] | Speak for yourself– I have a fiancé. | 那是你自己 老娘可是有未婚夫的人 |
[18:04] | I’m not sure what the point is anymore. | 我不确定那还有什么意义 |
[18:08] | Mary… you didn’t get sober for your grandson. | 玛丽 你戒瘾不是为了你外孙 |
[18:11] | You got sober for yourself. | 而是为了你自己 |
[18:13] | And you can’t help him unless you stay that way. | 除非你坚持戒瘾 否则你没法帮他 |
[18:16] | Don’t write the kid off. | 别看不起他 |
[18:17] | Sometimes disappointing children grow up and surprise you. | 有时候令人失望的孩子长大后会让你惊讶 |
[18:22] | I’d take a shot back, but I really love my earrings. | 我想反驳 但我真的很喜欢我的耳环 |
[18:27] | How about we have a meeting right now? | 我们现在开会怎么样 |
[18:32] | I’d like that. | 好啊 |
[18:34] | You want to start? | 你想开始吗 |
[18:37] | Hi. I’m Mary. | 大家好 我是玛丽 |
[18:42] | And I’m an alcoholic. | 我是酒瘾者 |
[18:45] | Hi, Mary. | 你好 玛丽 |
[18:53] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[18:56] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[18:57] | You don’t know me, but… do you have a minute? | 你不认识我 但你有空吗 |
[18:59] | Sorry, I already picked my God, and I’ve got enough magazines. | 抱歉 我已经选择了信仰 杂志也够多了 |
[19:03] | Both good guesses, but not why I’m here. | 猜得不错 但那不是我来的原因 |
[19:06] | Did you live here nine years ago? | 你九年前也住在这里吗 |
[19:09] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[19:12] | Okay, here goes. | 好吧 我开始了 |
[19:16] | I kind of… | 我算是 |
[19:19] | broke into your house and robbed you. | 闯入了你家 抢劫了你 |
[19:22] | What? That was you? | 什么 那是你吗 |
[19:23] | Yeah. I-I… | 是啊 我 |
[19:26] | came to make an amends to you. | 我是来补偿你的 |
[19:28] | An amends? | 补偿 |
[19:29] | See, back when I robbed you, I was a drunk and a drug addict. | 我抢劫你时酗酒又吸毒 |
[19:34] | And I-I know that’s not an excuse, but it is, | 我知道那不是个借口 但那 |
[19:37] | sort of, my excuse. | 算是我的借口 |
[19:39] | What I did was terrible, and I’m sorry if I made you feel | 我做的事很糟糕 如果我让你觉得 |
[19:43] | you weren’t safe in your own home. | 在自己家都不安全 那我很抱歉 |
[19:46] | My kids couldn’t sleep for weeks. | 我的孩子们几周都睡不着 |
[19:49] | I know I can’t make up for what I did, | 我知道我没法弥补我做过的事 |
[19:52] | but I’d be happy to write a check | 但我很乐意开张支票 |
[19:53] | for whatever you feel covers what I took. | 当做对你被偷东西的补偿 |
[19:56] | Okay, $1,200. | 好吧 一千二 |
[20:00] | $1,200? Really? Isn’t that kind of high? | 一千二 真的吗 那不多吗 |
[20:02] | Do you want to make this right, or not? | 你到底想不想纠正错误 |
[20:06] | I only have $900 in my bank account. | 我银行账户里只有九百 |
[20:08] | Okay, give me that. | 好 给我吧 |
[20:13] | I was kind of hoping | 我还希望 |
[20:14] | we were gonna end up just hugging this thing out, | 我们能用拥抱解决这事 |
[20:16] | but… okay. | 但是 好吧 |
[20:19] | Do you need a pen? | 你需要笔吗 |
[20:22] | I got one. | 我有 |
[20:24] | Did you steal it? | 是你偷的吗 |
[20:25] | I did not. | 不是 |
[20:28] | Last chance to say $500. | 还来得及说”只要五百” |
[20:31] | Okay, yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:34] | I’m just gonna write “Merry Christmas” in the memo. | 我要在备忘一栏里写圣诞快乐 |