时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You forgot to wear the only diamond earrings you’ve ever had? | 你忘了戴你唯一一对钻石耳环吗 |
[00:05] | Where was the last place you saw them? | 你最后看到钻石是在哪 |
[00:08] | In the middle of a poker table. | 在扑克牌桌上 |
[00:09] | Anything but seven. | 不是7点就行 |
[00:12] | Seven out. | 7点出局 |
[00:13] | No! That’s my mom’s bail money. | 不 那是我妈妈的保释钱 |
[00:16] | I can give you a coupon to the buffet. | 我可以送你自助餐的优惠券 |
[00:18] | Can I bet it? | 能拿它赌吗 |
[00:19] | The money’s gone. | 钱没了 |
[00:20] | Christy, it is time to admit | 克丽丝蒂 你该承认 |
[00:22] | you’ve got another problem. | 你又有问题了 |
[00:25] | Why aren’t you eating? | 你为什么不吃饭 |
[00:26] | I just came from a Gamblers Anonymous meeting. | 我刚从匿名戒赌会过来 |
[00:29] | Their food puts AA to shame. | 他们的食物完爆匿名戒瘾会 |
[00:31] | One guy makes jambalaya with his own alligator sausage. | 有个人用自制鳄鱼香肠做了什锦烩菜 |
[00:35] | Oh, poor alligator. | 可怜的鳄鱼 |
[00:38] | So you probably don’t want to hear about the baby lamb chops. | 那你恐怕也不想听羔羊排 |
[00:42] | I do not. | 我不想 |
[00:44] | But I’m glad GA’s working for you. | 但我很高兴匿名戒赌会对你有帮助 |
[00:45] | The food’s working, but I don’t know about the rest of it. | 食物是挺好的 其他的就不好说了 |
[00:49] | Most of the shares are old guys talking about horse racing, | 大部分分享都是老人家在谈赛马 |
[00:52] | and the “Good old days,” When you could smoke inside. | 还有以前能在室内抽烟的”好日子” |
[00:54] | Those were good days, Christy. | 那确实是好日子 克丽丝蒂 |
[00:58] | Damn, what I’d give to finish my ciggy | 为了能抽完香烟 |
[01:00] | and stub it out in these mashed potatoes. | 灭在土豆泥上 我愿意放弃一切 |
[01:04] | The thing is, in AA, we give up drugs and alcohol | 问题是 在匿名戒瘾会里我们放弃了毒品和酒精 |
[01:07] | ’cause holy cow, do we like drugs and alcohol. | 因为天啊 我们太喜欢毒品和酒精了 |
[01:11] | But in GA, | 但在匿名戒赌会里 |
[01:12] | I have to give up stuff I don’t even have a problem with. | 我必须放弃我完全没有瘾的东西 |
[01:14] | I can’t play bingo. | 我不能玩宾果了 |
[01:15] | Bingo. How is that gnna destroy my life? | 宾果 那怎么可能毁了我的人生 |
[01:18] | I lost an aunt to church bingo. | 我有个姑妈死于教堂宾果 |
[01:20] | There’s a dark side to that game. | 那游戏有它的黑暗面 |
[01:22] | I’m not even supposed to flip a coin, | 我甚至不能丢硬币 |
[01:24] | which frankly, is the only way to get my mom to do anything. | 坦率地说 只有丢硬币才能让我妈妈干活 |
[01:27] | Look, you just got started in GA. | 听着 你刚参加匿名戒赌会 |
[01:29] | Y-You got to give it a chance. | 你必须给它一个机会 |
[01:31] | I didn’t just start, I got my 90 day key chain today. | 我不是刚参加 我今天获得了90天钥匙链 |
[01:34] | You did? Congratulations. | 是吗 恭喜 |
[01:36] | For what? When I got sober for 90 days, | 恭喜什么 我戒酒90天 |
[01:39] | that was a huge accomplishment. | 才是大成就 |
[01:41] | I mean, I wanted a parade. | 我想要个游行 |
[01:43] | And I’m not talking | 我说的可不是 |
[01:44] | three Shriners in a convertible, | 三个圣地兄弟会成员坐敞篷车 |
[01:46] | I’m talking Al Roker pointing up at a giant inflatable me. | 而是艾尔·洛克指着我的巨大气球 |
[01:49] | Sometimes I think your problem is low self-esteem. | 有时候我觉得你的问题是自卑 |
[01:51] | Other times, not so much. | 另一些时候 我觉得不是 |
[01:55] | Yeah, well, I’ve made up my mind. | 总之 我决定了 |
[01:58] | I’m gonna stop going to GA. | 我不去匿名戒赌会了 |
[02:00] | As it is, | 实际上 |
[02:02] | I don’t even have time for the things I need to do. | 我都没时间做我该做的事 |
[02:04] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[02:06] | Well, like… | 比如 |
[02:12] | I just don’t want to go anymore. | 我就是不想去了 |
[02:17] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[02:19] | Show me that 90 day key chain. | 让我看看你的90天钥匙链 |
[02:22] | Yeah, Mom, about that. | 是的 妈妈 关于这事 |
[02:25] | I think I’m actually just gonna… | 我觉得我… |
[02:26] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[02:30] | Surprise. | 惊喜 |
[02:32] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[02:33] | We are so proud of you. | 我们超为你骄傲 |
[02:35] | You had a problem, and you addressed it | 你通过参加另一个项目 |
[02:37] | with another program. It’s inspiring. | 解决你出现的问题 太激励人了 |
[02:39] | You guys, this is so totally unnecessary. | 各位 这完全没必要 |
[02:41] | That’s what I said. I mean, when did we start doing this? | 我就是这么说的 我们什么时候开始这样做的 |
[02:45] | Seriously, this girl sneezes, and we throw her a party. | 说真的 她打个喷嚏我们都要办个派对 |
[02:49] | Shush. | 嘘 |
[02:51] | I made a cake. | 我做了蛋糕 |
[02:53] | You made that? | 是你做的吗 |
[02:55] | You didn’t just take it out of Marjorie’s hand | 不是玛乔丽端进门时 |
[02:57] | when she walked in the door? | 你从她手上拿走的吗 |
[03:00] | I made it from scratch. | 是我从零开始做的 |
[03:01] | Out of the box. | 在拿出盒子后 |
[03:05] | Maybe I don’t know what scratch means. | 或许我不知道”从零开始”是什么意思 |
[03:29] | Let me get this straight. | 让我捋一捋 |
[03:30] | Your mom made you a cake, | 你妈妈给你做了个蛋糕 |
[03:32] | and that’s gonna keep you in Gamblers Anonymous? | 你就留在匿名戒赌会里了 |
[03:34] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[03:35] | She has never baked me a cake. | 她从没给我烤过蛋糕 |
[03:37] | One birthday, she gave me a martini olive | 有次生日 她送了我一颗马提尼橄榄 |
[03:39] | with a candle in it. | 上面插着根蜡烛 |
[03:41] | That’s so sad. | 真悲哀 |
[03:42] | Not really, I got a little buzz off it. | 没有啦 我吃了个微醺 |
[03:45] | I don’t usually do this. I’m gonna give you a hug. | 我通常不这样做 但我要抱抱你 |
[03:49] | Aw. You’re like a blanket right out of the dryer. | 你就像刚从烘干机里拿出来的毯子 |
[03:54] | You know, if you’re gonna stick with GA, | 知道吗 如果你要留在匿名戒赌会里 |
[03:57] | you might want to give it an honest try. | 你最好真正尝试一下 |
[03:59] | I’ve been trying. | 我一直在试 |
[04:00] | Oh. Have you shared? | 你分享过吗 |
[04:02] | No. | 没有 |
[04:03] | Have you made any friends? | 你交到朋友了吗 |
[04:05] | No. | 没有 |
[04:05] | Do you have a sponsor? | 你有互助对象吗 |
[04:08] | Stop trying to trick me, just tell me what to do. | 别给我下套了 告诉我该做什么 |
[04:10] | Any of the three things I just said. | 做我刚说的三件事中的任意一件啊 |
[04:18] | Good Lord, it’s like a Sizzler up in there. | 天啊 里面就像时时乐餐厅 |
[04:28] | Hi, I’m Christy. | 我是克丽丝蒂 |
[04:30] | Lucy. How you doing? | 我是露西 你好吗 |
[04:32] | Okay, I guess. | 我猜还好吧 |
[04:34] | I’m looking for a sponsor. | 我在寻找互助对象 |
[04:39] | Geez, you mean me? | 天啊 你是说我吗 |
[04:41] | I got three days. | 我才戒三天 |
[04:44] | That new casino off Highway 12 is killing me. | 12号公路旁那家新赌场让我心痒痒 |
[04:48] | I haven’t been there. | 我没去过那里 |
[04:49] | Oh, it’s great. | 那里很棒 |
[04:51] | The chairs by the slots? | 老虎机的椅子 |
[04:52] | Super comfortable. | 超级舒适 |
[04:54] | I don’t even have to bring my butt cushion. | 我都不用带坐垫 |
[04:57] | I’m gonna see if there’s any cornbread left. | 我去看看有没有剩玉米面包 |
[05:00] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[05:03] | I wouldn’t shout “Good luck” In here. | 我不会在这里喊”好运” |
[05:05] | People get a little twitchy. | 人们听到会很焦躁的 |
[05:08] | Oh, right. Sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[05:09] | I’m kidding. Hi, I’m Ned. | 我开玩笑的 我叫奈德 |
[05:12] | Christy. | 克丽丝蒂 |
[05:13] | Saw you take a key chain yesterday. | 看到你昨天领钥匙链了 |
[05:15] | How’s it going? | 一切还好吗 |
[05:17] | Okay. | 还好 |
[05:19] | I mean… I’m not sure. | 我是说 我不确定 |
[05:23] | Can I be honest with you, Ned? | 我能和你说实话吗 奈德 |
[05:25] | I don’t think I belong here. | 我不认为我属于这里 |
[05:26] | Want to bet? | 想打赌吗 |
[05:30] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[05:31] | I’ve had three major gambling incidents. | 我出过三次赌博问题 |
[05:33] | Three times in my whole life. Is that an addiction? | 一辈子就三次 这算有瘾吗 |
[05:36] | ‘Cause if so, then I’m also addicted to Intro to Algebra. | 如果算的话 那我对《代数入门》也有瘾 |
[05:43] | Hey, Mr. Munson. Whatcha doing? | 芒森先生 你在做什么 |
[05:44] | Waiting for my friend who promised | 等我那个答应带我 |
[05:46] | to take me to my radiation treatment. | 去做放射治疗的朋友 |
[05:49] | Oh, God. What kind of heartless friend forgets to… | 天啊 哪个狼心狗肺的朋友会忘了… |
[05:57] | Oh, my God, it’s me, isn’t it? | 天啊 是我 不是吗 |
[05:59] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[06:01] | Time flies when you’re hosing out a dumpster. | 用水管冲垃圾箱时 时间过得飞快 |
[06:04] | Can you give me, uh, 20 minutes to get cleaned up? | 你能给我20分钟清理一下吗 奈德 |
[06:07] | Well, let me check with my cancer. | 让我问问我的癌症 |
[06:15] | What do you think, boss? | 你觉得呢 老大 |
[06:20] | Mr. Prostate said we got to go. | 前列腺先生说现在就得走 |
[06:27] | For years I was just a racetrack guy. | 之前很多年 我只赌赛马 |
[06:30] | Then the racetrack opened a poker club. | 然后赛马场开了一家扑克俱乐部 |
[06:32] | Which was convenient, until it cost me my job. | 这很方便 直到我为此丢了工作 |
[06:35] | But I figured, see, that was a good thing, | 但我想着这是件好事 |
[06:38] | because it was obvious I was gonna make more money gambling | 因为显然我赌博赚的钱 |
[06:40] | than I would selling retractable canvas awnings. | 会比卖可伸缩帆布遮雨篷多 |
[06:44] | And then I took a second mortgage out on the house, | 然后我拿房子去抵押了第二笔贷款 |
[06:47] | without telling my wife. | 没告诉我妻子 |
[06:49] | And when you get away with a secret second mortgage, | 当你拿到第二笔贷款没被发现后 |
[06:52] | then it’s obvious that the universe is telling you | 显然是老天在暗示你 |
[06:54] | to dip into your daughter’s college fund. | 可以动女儿的大学基金了 |
[06:59] | Was that your bottom? | 那是你最惨的时候吗 |
[06:59] | No, no. | 不是 |
[07:01] | That was a couple of years later, | 最惨的时候是几年后 |
[07:03] | when I was lying in the street | 我躺在街头 |
[07:05] | with a broken kneecap and my teeth scattered all around me. | 膝盖骨碎了 牙齿在身边散落一地 |
[07:09] | Yikes, I thought that only happened in the movies. | 天啊 我以为这种事只会在电影中发生 |
[07:12] | No, it also happens in Oakland. | 不 也会在奥克兰发生 |
[07:17] | One of my bookie’s “Colleagues” beat me with a flashlight. | 我的一位赌马经纪人的同事 用手电筒打了我 |
[07:23] | And then he kicked me, and he said, | 然后他踢了我 他说 |
[07:24] | “You still owe us the money,” which to me seemed, | “你依然欠我们钱” 这在我看来 |
[07:26] | you know, a bit unfair. | 有些不公平 |
[07:31] | So I went to a Gamblers Anonymous meeting | 所以我在去看牙医之前 |
[07:33] | before I even went to the dentist, and of course, | 先去了匿名戒赌会 当然了 |
[07:34] | I should’ve gone to the dentist first, | 我应该先去看牙医的 |
[07:36] | because nobody could understand a word I was saying. | 因为没人能听懂我在说什么 |
[07:40] | That was 22 year ago, and, uh, it saved my life. | 那是22年前了 那救了我的命 |
[07:46] | See, that’s the thing. | 问题就在这里 |
[07:48] | I sit in meetings and hear story after story like yours, | 我在会上听到了很多像你一样的故事 |
[07:51] | but I don’t relate to any of it. | 但我找不到什么共鸣 |
[07:54] | My gambling looked nothing like that. | 我的赌瘾没那么严重 |
[07:57] | Well, there are two types of gamblers. | 有两种赌徒 |
[07:59] | There are cucumbers and there are pickles. | 黄瓜和腌瓜 |
[08:02] | A cucumber goes to Vegas and loses a little money | 黄瓜去拉斯维加斯 输一点钱 |
[08:06] | or maybe even a lot of money, | 甚至可能是一大笔钱 |
[08:07] | and then goes back to a regular life. | 然后回归正常生活 |
[08:09] | A pickle goes to Vegas, loses everything | 腌瓜去拉斯维加斯 输光一切 |
[08:13] | and then moves to Vegas. | 然后搬到拉斯维加斯住 |
[08:16] | I’m pretty sure I’m a cucumber. | 我相当确定我是黄瓜 |
[08:18] | You may be, but you got to remember | 或许吧 但你必须记住 |
[08:20] | that a cucumber can become a pickle. | 黄瓜可能变成腌瓜 |
[08:22] | But a pickle can never go back to being a cucumber. | 但腌瓜不能变回黄瓜 |
[08:26] | So how do I know which one I am? | 我怎么知道我是哪种瓜 |
[08:28] | You could try a little controlled gambling, | 你可以试试可控的赌博 |
[08:31] | see how that goes. | 看看结果如何 |
[08:36] | A-Are you telling me to gamble? | 你是让我去赌博吗 |
[08:40] | Is this a trap? I… | 这是个圈套吗 |
[08:43] | If you can gamble a little and then stop, | 如果你赌一点就能停下 |
[08:45] | well, more than likely, you don’t have a problem. | 那么你大概率没有问题 |
[08:48] | But you got to be careful, ’cause if it triggers | 但你必须小心 如果那引发了 |
[08:51] | a-a bigger binge, well, then you got to call me. | 严重的豪赌 那你就得给我打电话 |
[08:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:01] | I got to tell you, it’s really weird | 我必须告诉你 听一个 |
[09:03] | to take recovery advice from a guy who’s drinking a beer. | 喝啤酒的人给你戒瘾建议很奇怪 |
[09:07] | Hard cider, but I feel you. | 这是苹果汁 但我懂你的意思 |
[09:14] | How you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[09:16] | My advice? Don’t get cancer. | 给你个建议 别得癌症 |
[09:20] | Making a mental note. | 我记下了 |
[09:23] | Mm. What kind of car is this? | 这是什么车 |
[09:24] | An ’85 Firebird. | 85年火鸟 |
[09:25] | Whoo, oh, that is a sweet ride. | 是辆好车 |
[09:28] | Yeah. It was in 1985. | 在85年确实是 |
[09:33] | Now it’s 3,000 pounds of scrap metal and a cassette player. | 现在只是三千磅的废铜烂铁加磁带播放器 |
[09:37] | Well, well, still, I appreciate you driving me. | 我依然感谢你送我 |
[09:39] | It’s the least I can do. | 这是我最起码能做的 |
[09:41] | Well, I would argue the least you can do | 我觉得你最起码能做的是 |
[09:42] | is remember you said you would do it. | 记住你答应过要送我 |
[09:46] | Again, sorry about that. | 我再次道歉 |
[09:49] | Want to make it up to me? | 想补偿我吗 |
[09:51] | We’ve been over this. I’m engaged. | 我们说过这个了 我订婚了 |
[09:52] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:56] | I’m thinking you could let me drive. | 我在想 你可以让我开车 |
[09:59] | You’re blind. | 你看不见 |
[10:01] | I am? Well, at least I’m still white and rich. | 是吗 那至少我还是个有钱的白人 |
[10:06] | I don’t think you driving is a good idea. | 我不觉得让你开车是个好主意 |
[10:09] | It’s a terrible idea. I know that. | 这是个糟糕的主意 我知道 |
[10:11] | But right now, cancer is in charge of everything. | 但现在 癌症接管了我的一切 |
[10:15] | I’d like to be in control of something for a couple of minutes. | 我想至少控制某些事情几分钟 |
[10:18] | Even if it’s only an old Firebird. | 即使只是一辆老火鸟 |
[10:27] | Light pole dead ahead! | 正前方有灯杆 |
[10:31] | Ooh. Oh, what is this, a V-8? | 这是V8引擎吗 |
[10:34] | V-6, and please, slow down. | 这是V6引擎 拜托你减速 |
[10:46] | I baked you a cake! | 老娘都给你烤了个蛋糕 |
[10:51] | What? | 什么 |
[10:51] | You’re gambling? You had 90 days. | 你在赌博吗 你都戒赌90天了 |
[10:54] | It’s okay, this is called “Controlled gambling.” | 没关系的 这叫可控的赌博 |
[10:58] | You can’t control anything. | 你什么都没法控制 |
[11:00] | And I’ve known you almost your entire life. | 而我认识你快一辈子了 |
[11:04] | I bought ten scratchers. | 我买了十张刮刮乐 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna do three of them and leave the rest. | 我要刮三张 剩下的不刮 |
[11:08] | Which will prove I can stop whenever I want. | 这会证明我想什么时候停下来都行 |
[11:10] | This is insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[11:12] | This is like when I said I could drink on an airplane | 这就像是我说我可以在飞机上喝酒 |
[11:14] | because I’m not technically on planet Earth. | 因为严格来说 我不在地球上 |
[11:17] | You’re never technically on planet Earth. | 严格来说 你从来都不在地球上 |
[11:21] | Now back off. Ned from my GA meeting told me to do this. | 别管我 这是匿名戒赌会的奈德教我的 |
[11:26] | Ned? | 奈德 |
[11:28] | Okay, which one of you idiots is Ned?! | 哪个傻瓜是奈德 |
[11:34] | All right, I’m gonna have a meatball sandwich, | 好 先等我吃一个肉丸三明治 |
[11:35] | and then we’re gonna talk. | 然后我们再聊 |
[11:43] | She barged into my GA meeting like a cracked out giraffe | 她像是只疯狂的长颈鹿冲进我的匿名戒赌会 |
[11:47] | and yelled at the guy who’s helping me. | 冲那个帮助我的人大喊大叫 |
[11:49] | I didn’t yell, I don’t yell. I don’t have to yell. | 我没有大喊大叫 我不会大喊大叫 没这必要 |
[11:51] | You yell all the time. | 你一直都大喊大叫 |
[11:52] | Do you want me to yell? ‘Cause I’ll yell. | 你想让我大喊大叫吗 我会的 |
[11:56] | You kind of asked for that. | 这是你自找的 |
[11:58] | Look, I had my doubts about whether I need GA, | 关于我是否需要匿名戒瘾会 我心存疑虑 |
[12:01] | and Ned suggested I try controlled gambling. | 奈德建议我尝试可控的赌博 |
[12:04] | Ridiculous, right? | 很荒唐 对吧 |
[12:05] | Well, actually, Bonnie… | 实际上 邦妮 |
[12:06] | Work with me! | 合作点 |
[12:08] | Yelling. | 又开始大喊大叫了 |
[12:11] | When a newcomer is really struggling | 新人真的很纠结 |
[12:13] | with doubts about being an alcoholic, | 自己是否是酒瘾者时 |
[12:15] | I have suggested trying some controlled drinking. | 我就建议他们尝试可控的饮酒 |
[12:18] | Why wasn’t that offered to me? | 为什么你没对我提这条建议 |
[12:21] | Because you came to your first meeting | 因为你开着偷来的割草机 |
[12:22] | on a stolen lawnmower. | 来参加第一次会议 |
[12:25] | You weren’t there. | 你都不在场 |
[12:26] | She didn’t have to be. That story’s legendary. | 她没必要在 那个故事太传奇了 |
[12:29] | I heard all you were wearing were | 我听说你们只穿着 |
[12:30] | go-go boots and a hockey jersey. | 摇摆靴和曲棍球衫 |
[12:32] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[12:33] | Yeah, Wendy, I got kicked out of a hockey game. | 是的 温蒂 我被赶出了曲棍球比赛 |
[12:35] | I couldn’t find my car or my pants. | 我找不到我的车和裤子 |
[12:38] | Over the past week, I’ve played lotto twice, | 过去一周里 我买了两张乐透彩票 |
[12:40] | did a little online poker. | 在网上打了打扑克 |
[12:42] | Even bet a busboy I could work an entire shift | 甚至和打杂工打赌 我可以不说”慢用” |
[12:44] | without saying the word “Enjoy.” | 就上完一轮班 |
[12:47] | So I went with mangia, | 我说的是吃好 |
[12:48] | but it made everyone uncomfortable. | 这让大家都不舒服了 |
[12:52] | But the point is, none of it triggered me, | 但重点是 这一切都没触发我 |
[12:53] | which proves I am not addicted to gambling. | 这就证明了我没有赌博上瘾 |
[12:55] | Yes, you are. | 你有 |
[12:56] | Maybe Christy’s right. | 也许克丽丝蒂说得对 |
[12:58] | I mean, I know someone who got really drunk | 我认识一个人 在除夕喝个烂醉 |
[12:59] | on New Year’s Eve, slept with her Uber driver, | 跟优步司机上床了 |
[13:02] | and mistook a neighborhood raccoon for her cat. | 然后把邻居的浣熊当成了自己的猫 |
[13:05] | She got herpes and rabies in one night, | 她那一晚既染上了疱疹 又得了狂犬病 |
[13:07] | but she’s not an alcoholic. | 但她也不是酒瘾者啊 |
[13:10] | There you go. | 没错 |
[13:11] | I’m the gambling version of her disease-riddled friend. | 我就是她疾病缠身的朋友的赌博版 |
[13:15] | And later, if you do discover you have a problem, | 之后 如果你发现你有问题 |
[13:18] | you know where to go. | 那你就知道该去哪里了 |
[13:19] | Well… | 好吧 |
[13:21] | everyone at this table can suck it. | 这张桌子旁边的所有人都可以去死了 |
[13:26] | – I gambled three times. – You keep saying that, | -我就赌博了三次 -你一直这样做 |
[13:28] | but you’ve always been a degenerate gambler. | 但你一直都是个堕落的赌徒 |
[13:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:31] | By the time you were in third grade, | 你上三年级时 |
[13:33] | you were hustling drunks at pool. | 你就在台球桌旁骗醉汉的钱了 |
[13:35] | That’s ’cause someone used the bar at the bus station as day care. | 那是因为有人把公交车站的酒吧当日托中心 |
[13:39] | It takes a village, Christy. | 这叫举全村之力 克丽丝蒂 |
[13:41] | And the syrup goes in the fridge | 把糖浆放在冰箱里 |
[13:42] | unless you also want to gamble with botulism. | 除非你想冒肉毒中毒的险 |
[13:46] | “Refrigerate after opening.” | 上面写着”开盖后放入冰箱” |
[13:54] | It’s like you want me to have a gambling problem | 你就像是希望我有赌博问题一样 |
[13:56] | just so you can be right; you’re rooting against me. | 就为了证明你说得对 你在反对我 |
[13:58] | Rooting against you? | 反对你 |
[13:59] | Did I not stand in this very kitchen | 我不是站在这个厨房里 |
[14:01] | and spend ten hours making you a cake? | 花了十小时给你做蛋糕吗 |
[14:05] | You are on your way to getting a law degree, | 你即将获得法律学位 |
[14:07] | and if you’re not careful you can kiss that dream good-bye. | 如果你不小心 就会和那个梦想告别了 |
[14:10] | You know what I think? I think all you care about | 你知道我怎么想吗 我觉得你只关心 |
[14:12] | is that I become a lawyer so you’re off the hook. | 我成为律师 这样你就脱身了 |
[14:14] | – What hook? – In your twisted mind, | -脱什么身 -在你扭曲的思维里 |
[14:16] | if I become a success, then it won’t matter | 如果我成功了 你曾是世界上最烂的妈妈 |
[14:18] | that you were the world’s worst mother. | 也就无关紧要了 |
[14:20] | Well, guess what. | 猜猜怎么 |
[14:21] | You’ll never be off the hook | 你永远也无法脱身 |
[14:23] | no matter how many terrible cakes you make. | 无论你做了多少个难吃的蛋糕 |
[14:24] | – You said it was delicious. – I lied! | -你说过很好吃的 -我撒谎了 |
[14:28] | It tasted like salad dressing. | 味道像是沙拉酱 |
[14:30] | How does that happen? | 那是怎么回事 |
[14:32] | We were out of milk. | 家里没牛奶了 |
[14:37] | – Whoa. – What? | -哇 -怎么了 |
[14:38] | It’s a check for $5,432. | 是5432美元的支票 |
[14:41] | Is it made out to me? Did I sell my book? | 是给我的吗 我的书卖了吗 |
[14:45] | No, it’s an excess check. | 不 这是超额支票 |
[14:47] | What the hell’s an excess check, and how do I get one? | 超额支票是什么 我从哪儿弄 |
[14:50] | It’s left over from my student loan. | 是我学生贷款中剩下的 |
[14:52] | It’s for school supplies and living expenses. | 用来付学校用品和生活费用的 |
[14:54] | – Well, then give it to me. – No. | -那就给我 -不行 |
[14:55] | – You can’t be trusted. – No. | -不能信任你 -不行 |
[14:56] | Oh, my God, would you stop? Ugh! | 天啊 别闹了 |
[14:58] | And FYI, no one is buying your young adult novel. | 顺说 没人会买你的年轻人小说 |
[15:01] | You’re a decade late for teenage vampires. | 你写的青少年吸血鬼已经晚了十年 |
[15:05] | And FYI to you, I changed it to teenage robots. | 告诉你一句 我把内容改成了青少年机器人 |
[15:07] | And one of them’s transgender. | 其中一个是变性人 |
[15:14] | I mean, is Christy right? | 克丽丝蒂是对的吗 |
[15:16] | Am I really so selfish that the only reason | 我真的自私到 |
[15:18] | I want my daughter to be a success | 我希望我女儿成功的唯一原因 |
[15:20] | is so that I’ll feel better about being a bad mom? | 就是让我对我的坏妈妈形象感觉好些吗 |
[15:28] | I guess it’s possible. | 我想有这可能 |
[15:30] | I mean, I know I can be selfish. | 我知道我很自私 |
[15:32] | And if I forget, I’ve got people reminding me every ten minutes. | 如果我忘了 人们每隔十分钟就提醒我一次 |
[15:37] | But I think maybe… this time it’s about love. | 但我想着也许 这次是因为爱 |
[15:42] | Is that so hard to believe? | 这很难相信吗 |
[15:49] | Something one could say in this moment… | 这时候你可以说 |
[15:52] | is that I have indeed changed a little | 我在过去几年里 |
[15:54] | in the last couple of years. | 的确改变了一些 |
[15:56] | I do things for other people that don’t just benefit me. | 我也会为别人做不仅对我自己有好处的事 |
[15:59] | Like this ride to the doctor. Nothing in it for me. | 比如说送你去看医生 我可没好处 |
[16:02] | Nothing. | 一点都没 |
[16:04] | Not even conversation. | 聊天都没有 |
[16:11] | Are you pouting because I won’t let you drive again? | 你撅嘴是因为我不肯让你再开车了吗 |
[16:14] | Yep. | 是的 |
[16:18] | Hi, Ned, it’s Christy from GA, | 奈德 我是匿名戒瘾会的克丽丝蒂 |
[16:22] | and, uh, I’m in the parking lot | 我在12号公路旁 |
[16:26] | of that casino off Highway 12. | 赌场的停车场 |
[16:30] | And I’ve got $5,000 in my hand. | 我手里有5000块 |
[16:37] | So, anyway… | 总之 |
[16:39] | hope you’re having a good afternoon. | 希望你下午愉快 |
[16:42] | And if you have a chance, call me back. | 如果你有机会就给我回电 |
[16:45] | Okay, thanks. Bye. | 好吧 谢谢 再见 |
[16:51] | Oh, screw it. | 管他的 |
[17:05] | Mom, I need your help. | 妈妈 我需要你的帮助 |
[17:10] | Don’t think about gambling. | 别想着赌博 |
[17:11] | Don’t think about gambling. | 别想着赌博 |
[17:12] | Don’t think about blackjack. | 别想着二十一点 |
[17:14] | Don’t think about the Wheel of Fortune slots | 别想着累积奖金可能 |
[17:15] | with the progressive jackpot that’s probably six figures right now. | 已经达到六位数的命运之轮老虎机 |
[17:19] | What if I just have a shrimp cocktail | 如果我就来一杯鲜虾盅 |
[17:21] | and watch other people gamble? | 看其他人赌博呢 |
[17:22] | That’d be fine, right? | 那会没事 对吧 |
[17:24] | I think it would be fine. Let’s go! | 我想那没事 我们走吧 |
[17:26] | I’m here. I’m here. | 我到了 我到了 |
[17:27] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[17:30] | Oh, I’m so proud of you for calling me. | 我真骄傲你给我打了电话 |
[17:33] | You still got the money, right? | 钱在你手上 对吗 |
[17:34] | Show me the money. Where is it? | 给我看看 钱在哪 |
[17:35] | I put it in the trunk. It was talking to me. | 我放在后备箱里了 它在跟我说话 |
[17:37] | Okay, don’t take this to mean I don’t trust you, | 别以为我是不信任你 |
[17:39] | but I’m gonna go check if you’re lying. | 但我得去看看你是否在撒谎 |
[17:40] | Mom, wait. You were right. | 妈妈 等等 你说得对 |
[17:44] | Go on. | 继续 |
[17:47] | I do have a gambling problem. | 我的确有赌博问题 |
[17:50] | But only when I have money. | 但只在我有钱的时候 |
[17:51] | And since I so rarely have money, | 因为我很少有钱 |
[17:53] | it doesn’t come up that often. | 所以这问题不常出现 |
[17:55] | Man, if we’d been rich, we’d both be dead. | 如果我俩都有钱 那我们都可能死了 |
[17:59] | And what I said earlier was unfair. | 我之前说的话不公平 |
[18:01] | You really were just looking out for me. | 你真的只是在照顾我 |
[18:04] | I realize that hasn’t always been the case, | 我意识到情况并非一直都是如此 |
[18:07] | so I get why you’d have your doubts. | 所以我理解你为什么有疑虑 |
[18:12] | You’ve really changed. | 你真的变了 |
[18:17] | And I haven’t at all. | 而我完全没变 |
[18:22] | I got here as fast as I could. | 我尽快赶到了 |
[18:25] | – Did she gamble? – She did not. | -她赌博了吗 -没有 |
[18:27] | Good. Where’s the money? | 很好 钱在哪 |
[18:28] | – In the trunk. – Allegedly. | -后备箱 -她这么说而已 |
[18:32] | I came as soon as I got the message. Did you gamble? | 我一收到信息就来了 你赌博了吗 |
[18:35] | She did not. | 她没有 |
[18:36] | Good. Someone has the money, right? | 很好 有人拿到了钱 对吧 |
[18:38] | There are unconfirmed reports that it’s in the trunk. | 未经证实的消息说钱在后备箱 |
[18:41] | Go look if you don’t believe me. | 如果你不信我 就去看 |
[18:42] | Of course I believe you. | 我当然信你 |
[18:45] | Did we get here in time? | 我们及时赶到了吗 |
[18:46] | – Yes. – Geez, Mom, | -是的 -天啊 妈妈 |
[18:47] | did you call everyone? | 你给所有人都打电话了吗 |
[18:48] | Yeah. I was really worried. | 是啊 我真的很担心 |
[18:49] | – Scooch over, I’m coming in. – Okay. | -过去点 我要上车 -好 |
[18:52] | There’s no room for me. | 我坐不下了 |
[18:53] | Wendy, since you’re out there, go look in the trunk and see | 温蒂 既然你在外面 去后备箱看看 |
[18:55] | if you can find $5,000. | 能否找到5000元 |
[18:56] | – What? – Just do it! | -什么 -快去 |
[18:58] | You don’t have to yell. | 你没必要大喊大叫 |
[19:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:04] | It means so much to me that you guys are all here. | 你们都在对我来说意义重大 |
[19:08] | I’m sorry I’m such a screwup. Oh… | 抱歉我真是一团糟 |
[19:10] | We’re all screwups. | 我们都是 |
[19:11] | That’s why we love each other. | 所以我们爱彼此 |
[19:12] | No money back here. | 这里没钱 |
[19:13] | – Christy! – Wait, found it. | -克丽丝蒂 -等等 找到了 |
[19:15] | I never doubted you. | 我从未怀疑过你 |
[19:17] | Give it a quick count. | 快速数一数 |
[19:21] | Hang on, guys, I got to take this. | 等等 各位 我得接这个电话 |
[19:23] | Hi, Ned. | 你好 奈德 |
[19:29] | Turns out I’m a pickle. | 原来我是腌瓜 |
[19:32] | Uh, Bonnie, I think someone’s stealing your car. | 邦妮 我觉得有人在偷你的车 |
[19:34] | Damn it, Mr. Munson! | 该死 芒森先生 |
[19:48] | Did you try the bison tacos? | 你尝了野牛肉炸玉米饼吗 |
[19:51] | No, I filled up on the buffet at the casino. | 没有 我在赌场的自助餐吃饱了 |
[19:56] | You gambled again? | 你又赌博了吗 |
[19:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:59] | Another first day. | 又回到第一天了 |
[20:02] | Pathetic, right? | 很可悲 对吧 |
[20:04] | Not at all. I-I get it. | 完全不是 我懂 |
[20:07] | Thank God we have a place to go. | 谢天谢地我们有地方可去 |
[20:09] | I know. And so convenient. | 我知道 这好方便 |
[20:12] | Right off the freeway, ample parking, five dollar tables. | 就在公路旁 停车位充足 最低下注五元 |
[20:17] | – I meant GA. – Oh, right. | -我是说匿名戒瘾会 -对哦 |
[20:20] | Focus, Lucy! | 专注点 露西 |
[20:23] | Hey, you want to be my sponsor? | 你想当我的互助对象吗 |
[20:27] | I’ve only got one day myself. | 我自己也才戒瘾一天 |
[20:29] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[20:30] | But let me tell you something that really helped me. | 但是我跟你分享一个很有用的建议吧 |
[20:33] | There are two kinds of gamblers: | 赌博的人有两种类型 |
[20:36] | cucumbers and pickles. | 黄瓜和腌瓜 |