时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I love. | [俄语]我爱 |
[00:11] | He loves. | 他爱 |
[00:17] | You love. | 你爱 |
[00:22] | We love. | 我们爱 |
[00:27] | One more time, Beth. | 再来一次 贝丝 |
[00:32] | Very good. | 很好 |
[00:34] | One more time. | 再来一次 |
[00:41] | 后翼弃兵 第四集 | |
[01:04] | Hey. What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[01:06] | It’s Beth, nimrod. | 是贝丝 笨蛋 |
[01:09] | Right. Well, Beth Nimrod, what are you doing? | 好吧 贝丝·笨蛋 你要去干什么 |
[01:12] | You know, like, right now. | 就是现在 |
[01:19] | You’re the chess player. | 你是那个象棋棋手 |
[01:22] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[01:24] | US Women’s Champion? | 全美女子冠军 |
[01:27] | US Open Co-Champion. | 全美公开赛联合冠军 |
[01:30] | Must be a trip. | 肯定很好玩吧 |
[01:33] | I guess. | 差不多吧 |
[01:38] | – Do you play? – No, too cerebral. | -你下棋吗 -不下 太费脑了 |
[01:40] | – Played a lot of Monopoly, though. – Never played that game. | -倒是玩过很多大富翁 -从没玩过那个 |
[01:44] | Mm, don’t. It makes you a slave to capitalism. | 别玩 它让你成为资本主义的奴隶 |
[01:48] | I-I still dream about making money, though. | 不过我还是很想赚钱 |
[01:51] | So, why are you taking Russian classes | 那如果你是资本主义的奴隶 |
[01:53] | if you’re a slave to capitalism? | 为什么你要上俄语课 |
[01:58] | I wanna read Dostoevsky in the original. | 我想读陀思妥耶夫斯基的原本 |
[02:07] | “You really like the shape of me”? | “你真的喜欢我的身材” |
[02:11] | I’m stoned. I shouldn’t be speaking a foreign language. | 我磕嗨了 不该跟你讲外语 |
[02:15] | And I should probably call home. | 我应该给家里打个电话 |
[02:18] | Phone’s in the bedroom, through the kitchen. | 电话在卧室里 穿过厨房就是 |
[02:23] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[02:47] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:48] | Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I’m with some friends. | 我想告诉你我和朋友们在一起 |
[02:51] | From my Russian class. | 俄语课上的 |
[02:53] | Go onto bed. I’ve got a key. | 睡觉吧 我带钥匙了 |
[02:56] | Did you say you’re partying with college students? | 你是说你和大学生在一起聚会吗 |
[03:00] | Yep. | 对 |
[03:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:06] | Just be careful what you smoke, honey. | 注意你抽的是什么烟 亲爱的 |
[03:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:10] | See you in the morning? | 早上见 |
[03:31] | Is there anyone you’ve met that you’d like to… | 有没有遇到你想要一起 |
[03:34] | …trade rooks with? | “切磋”的人 |
[03:56] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[03:59] | What’s that burning purple thing there? | 那个点燃的紫色东西是什么玩意 |
[04:03] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 |
[04:14] | How much longer? | 还有多久 |
[04:17] | – I’m close. – Okay. | -就快了 -好吧 |
[04:31] | I’m sorry, I’m just really stoned. | 抱歉 我磕嗨了 |
[04:34] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[05:49] | “Everybody went to Cincinnati to see a movie.” | “其他人都去辛辛那提看电影了” |
[05:52] | “Stay as long as you like. | “想待多久待多久” |
[06:51] | You might have called. | 你应该打电话的 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry. Didn’t wanna wake you up. | 我很抱歉 不想吵醒你 |
[06:56] | – I wouldn’t have minded. – Anyways, I’m all right. | -我不介意 -总之 我没事 |
[07:00] | I’m going to Cincinnati… | 我要去辛辛那提 |
[07:04] | to see a movie. | 看电影 |
[07:06] | So, I won’t be home tonight, either. | 我今晚也不回家了 |
[07:11] | I’ll be home after school Monday. | 我周一上完课再回去 |
[07:15] | Are you with a boy? | 你是和男生在一起呢吗 |
[07:19] | I was last night. | 昨天晚上是 |
[07:23] | Oh, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[07:26] | I’m all right. I… | 我没事 |
[07:28] | had a good time. | 我玩得很开心 |
[07:30] | Well, chess isn’t the only thing in life. | 象棋不是生活中的唯一 |
[07:35] | – It’s just. .. – I won’t get pregnant. | -只是 -我不会怀孕的 |
[07:40] | Famous last words. | 大家都这么说 |
[08:05] | Elizabeth Harmon. | 伊丽莎白·哈蒙 |
[08:08] | 恭喜 费尔菲尔德高中 1966届 | |
[08:09] | Congrats. | 恭喜 |
[08:32] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:40] | All right, open it. | 打开吧 |
[08:49] | It’s a Bulova. | 这是只宝路华表 |
[09:02] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[09:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:10] | So… | 所以 |
[09:12] | I suppose you’ll be going to a grad night party or two. | 我觉得你得参加几次毕业派对 |
[09:16] | No. | 不 |
[09:17] | We have Mexico City in two weeks. | 两个星期之后要去墨西哥城 |
[09:19] | And then the US Championship. | 然后是全美冠军杯 |
[09:22] | And then Remy-Vallon. | 之后是雷米瓦伦 |
[09:25] | In Paris. | 在巴黎 |
[09:29] | Paris? | 巴黎 |
[09:30] | They invited me. | 他们邀请了我 |
[09:33] | Paris. | 巴黎 |
[09:36] | My God! | 我的天啊 |
[09:42] | Things are beginning to happen. | 新生活开始了 |
[09:50] | – Another cerveza, por favor. – Yes. | -麻烦再来瓶啤酒 -好 |
[10:00] | – What are you reading about? – Pawn structure analysis. | -你在看什么 -兵型分析 |
[10:06] | Sounds exciting. | 听起来不错 |
[10:07] | It is. | 确实 |
[10:10] | Beth? | 贝丝 |
[10:14] | I have a confession to make. | 我有件事要坦白 |
[10:19] | Do you know what a pen pal is? | 你知道笔友是什么吗 |
[10:22] | Someone you exchange letters with. | 会相互寄信的人 |
[10:25] | Yes, exactly. | 没错 |
[10:26] | – Your beer, Ms. Wheatley. – Thank you. | -您的啤酒 惠特利女士 -谢谢 |
[10:33] | when I was in high school, my Spanish class was given a list | 我上高中的时候 西班牙课上给了个名单 |
[10:36] | of boys in Mexico who were studying English. | 一些正在学习英语的墨西哥男孩 |
[10:41] | I picked one, and I sent him a letter about myself. | 我挑了一个 寄了一封自我介绍信 |
[10:44] | We corresponded for a rather long time, | 我们当了很久的笔友 |
[10:46] | even when I was married to Allston. | 哪怕后来我嫁给了奥尔顿 |
[10:52] | We exchanged photographs. | 我们交换了照片 |
[10:57] | His name is Manuel. | 他叫曼纽尔 |
[10:59] | He’s meeting us at the airport. | 他会来机场接我们 |
[11:04] | Have you ever met him before? | 你以前见过他吗 |
[11:06] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[11:08] | I have to say, I am really quite thrilled. | 说真的 我很激动 |
[11:15] | Is he the reason you wanted to come to Mexico early? | 这就是你想提早来墨西哥的原因吗 |
[11:18] | I suppose so. | 差不多吧 |
[11:45] | Every single famous person in Latin-American history, | 任何一个在拉丁美洲有名的人 |
[11:50] | art or politics, has sometime come to Mexico City. | 无论是艺术或政治领域 都会时常来墨西哥城 |
[11:55] | I can see why. | 我能理解为什么 |
[11:57] | – It’s lovely. – Oh, yeah. | -这里真不错 -没错 |
[11:59] | I like to say that I was born in Mexico… | 我想说自己出生在墨西哥 |
[12:02] | but I am from Mexico City. | 但我其实是墨西哥城人 |
[12:59] | Beth? | 贝丝 |
[13:01] | You just get here? | 你刚到吗 |
[13:02] | A few days ago. | 几天前来的 |
[13:04] | I thought you were done with tournaments. | 我以为你们不参加锦标赛了 |
[13:06] | I am. Mike’s a glutton for punishment. | 我是不了 迈克就是个受虐狂 |
[13:09] | – Yeah. – Your morn has a new friend. | -对 -你妈妈有了个新朋友 |
[13:16] | She came in at three o’clock this morning, 2:30 the day before. | 她今早凌晨三点才回来 昨天是两点半 |
[13:20] | He’s got a green Dodge that always seems to be at her disposal. | 他有辆绿色的道奇 似乎变成了她的专车 |
[13:24] | And they’ve had lunch and dinner every day this week. | 而且他们这周每天都一起吃午餐和晚餐 |
[13:27] | I’m pretty sure they’re fucking. | 我很确定他们上床了 |
[13:30] | I thought, at first, it was the altitude. | 我一开始以为是海拔原因 |
[13:33] | 7,350 feet. | 7350英尺 |
[13:36] | Good lord, it’s enough to make a person positively giddy. | 天呐 这海拔绝对能让人头晕目眩了 |
[13:40] | Now, I think it’s the culture. | 现在我觉得是文化 |
[13:42] | There’s no hint of a Protestant ethic in Mexico. | 墨西哥完全没有新教文化 |
[13:46] | They’re all Latin Catholics, | 全是拉丁天主教徒 |
[13:48] | and they all live in the here and now. | 他们都活在当下 |
[13:50] | You really need to stop reading Alan Watts. | 你别看那么多艾伦·沃茨的书了 |
[13:52] | It’s annoying. | 真烦人 |
[13:53] | I think I’ll have just one margarita before I go out. | 我走之前来一杯玛格丽塔鸡尾酒吧 |
[13:57] | Will you call for one, honey? | 你能帮我点吗 亲爱的 |
[14:05] | – Recepcién. – Yes, could we get a margarita and a large Coke? | -前台 -请给我们一杯玛格丽塔和大杯可乐 |
[14:10] | – Room number? – 5713. | -请问房间号 -5713房 |
[14:11] | – Coming soon. – Yes, thank you. | -马上来 -谢谢 |
[14:13] | You know you could come along to the folklorico. | 你可以一起去墨西哥舞节 |
[14:16] | I understand the costumes alone are worth the price of admission. | 我知道虽然服装本身就跟入场费一样贵了 |
[14:19] | – It’s such a beautiful day. – It’s been raining the last two days. | -今天天气真不错 -过去两天一直在下雨 |
[14:23] | Has it? | 真的吗 |
[14:25] | I hadn’t noticed. | 我都没注意到 |
[14:28] | The tournament starts tomorrow. I need to work on these endgames. | 锦标赛明天就开始了 我需要研究残局 |
[14:32] | You know, perhaps, Beth, you have to work on yourself. | 或许 贝丝 你该考虑下自己 |
[14:36] | Chess is not all there is. | 象棋不是全部 |
[14:38] | It’s what I know. | 是我知道的全部 |
[14:39] | Well, my experience has taught me that | 以我的经验来看 |
[14:41] | what you know isn’t always what’s important. | 你所知道的不一定就是重要的 |
[14:43] | And what’s important? | 那什么重要 |
[14:45] | Living and growing. | 生活与成长 |
[14:48] | Living your life. | 过自己的生活 |
[14:50] | – With a sleazy Mexican salesman. – Treating yourself. Adventure. | -和那个下流的墨西哥销售 -好好待自己 冒险 |
[14:55] | You haven’t visited Bellas Artes, or even been to Chapultepec Park. | 你都没去艺术宫 或查普特佩克公园 |
[14:59] | The zoo there is delightful. | 那里的动物园很有趣 |
[15:01] | You’ve taken all of your meals in this room, | 你所有餐都在这个房间吃 |
[15:03] | you’ve had your nose buried in a chess book. | 你整日埋头苦读你的象棋书 |
[15:05] | Shouldn’t you just relax the day before the tournament? | 难道锦标赛前一天不该好好休息吗 |
[15:08] | Think about something other than chess? | 想想除了象棋以外的事情 |
[15:10] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[15:12] | Tomorrow, at ten o’clock, I play black against Octavio Marenco. | 明天十点 我执黑棋 和奥克塔维奥·马伦科对战 |
[15:15] | That means he gets to move first. | 那意味着他先下 |
[15:17] | Yes. I know what playing black means. | 我知道执黑棋是什么意思 |
[15:19] | He’s 34 and an International Grandmaster. | 他34岁了 还是个国际特级大师 |
[15:22] | If I lose, we’ll be paying for this trip… | 如果我输了 我们的这次旅行 |
[15:26] | this adventure… | 这次冒险 |
[15:28] | out of capital. | 就要自掏腰包了 |
[15:29] | If I win, I’ll be playing someone even better than | 如果我赢了 下午我要和 |
[15:31] | Marenco in the afternoon. | 比马伦科更厉害的人比赛 |
[15:33] | I need to study my endgame. | 我需要研究残局 |
[15:35] | You’re what they call an intuitive player, are you not? | 你是所谓的直觉型棋手 对吧 |
[15:39] | Yes, I have been called that before. | 对 有人这么称呼过我 |
[15:41] | Sometimes, the moves come to me. | 有时 棋法自然而然浮现在脑中 |
[15:43] | I’ve noticed the moves they applaud the loudest | 我注意到人们欢呼最响的棋法 |
[15:46] | are the ones you make rather quickly. | 恰恰是你走的最快的那些 |
[15:49] | And there’s a certain look on your face. | 你的脸上会浮现一种特殊的神情 |
[15:55] | Intuition can’t be found in books. | 书里不会教你直觉 |
[16:00] | I think you just don’t like Manuel. | 我觉得你只是不喜欢曼纽尔 |
[16:03] | Manuel is all right. | 曼纽尔还行吧 |
[16:06] | But he doesn’t come by to see me. | 但他不是来看我的 |
[16:10] | That’s irrelevant. | 这无关紧要 |
[16:13] | You need to relax. | 你得放松 |
[16:14] | There’s no player in the world as gifted as you are. | 世界上再没有像你这么有天赋的棋手了 |
[16:18] | I haven’t the remotest idea what faculties a person needs | 我一点不知道想要下好象棋 |
[16:20] | in order to play chess well, | 需要具备什么才能 |
[16:22] | but I am convinced that relaxation can only improve them. | 但我相信放松身心 只会增强那些才能 |
[16:49] | – Una cerveza Corona, por favor. – Si. | -一杯科罗纳啤酒 谢谢 -好 |
[16:53] | People like you have a hard time. | 你这样的人会过得很难 |
[16:59] | Two sides of the same coin. | 就像硬币的两面 |
[17:04] | You’ve got your gift… | 你有天赋 |
[17:10] | And you’ve got what it costs. | 你有成为天才的本事 |
[17:13] | Hard to say for you what that will be. | 很难说那对你来说意味着什么 |
[17:20] | You’ll have your time in the sun, but for how long? | 你会有在阳光下闪耀的时刻 但能持续多久呢 |
[17:23] | You’ve got so much anger in you. | 你的内心充满愤怒 |
[17:27] | You’ll have to be careful. | 你得小心 |
[17:31] | Cerveza? | 有啤酒吗 |
[17:34] | Let’s play. | 我们下棋吧 |
[19:09] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[19:10] | You can turn on the light. I’m now awake. | 你可以开灯 我已经醒了 |
[19:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:24] | I seem to have caught a virus. | 我好像感冒了 |
[19:28] | I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch your match in the morning. | 我可能没法去看你早上的比赛了 |
[19:32] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[19:34] | You’ll tell me all about it? | 你能告诉我比赛情况吗 |
[19:38] | Sure. | 行 |
[19:40] | Every move? | 每一步 |
[19:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:48] | Hi, boys. | 好啊 小伙子们 |
[19:51] | Lovely night for a swim. | 今晚很适合游泳 |
[19:55] | This is Juan Alberto Diaz | 我是胡安·阿尔贝托·迪亚兹 |
[19:58] | coming to you live from the Mexico City Invitational Chess Tournament | 向您现场直播于阿兹特卡宫举行的墨西哥城 |
[20:02] | at the Palacio Azteca where | 国际象棋邀请赛的赛况 |
[20:04] | the big story has been the seventeen-year-old | 目前最令人瞩目的要数来自肯塔基州 |
[20:10] | from Lexington, Kentucky, Elizabeth Harmon. | 莱克星顿的17岁少女 伊丽莎白·哈蒙 |
[20:16] | Neither of us spoke the other’s language. | 我们都不会说对方的语言 |
[20:20] | He opened with a pawn to king four. | 他用兵到王线第四格开局 |
[20:23] | I played pawn to queen’s bishop four. | 我走了兵到后翼象线第四格 |
[20:26] | In 31 moves, I had his king in a mating net. | 31步后 我把他的王围困在将杀网中 |
[20:31] | You’re a wonder. | 你真是个奇迹 |
[21:18] | Undefeated, this morning she played | 不败之后 今早她用 |
[21:20] | the Queen’s Gambit Declined | 拒后翼弃兵开局 |
[21:23] | against the Austrian, Diedrich. | 对战奥地利人迪德里奇 |
[21:26] | Facing relentless pressure in the middle of the board, | 面对棋局中持续的压力 |
[21:29] | Harmon had him on his heels from the start. | 哈蒙从第一步起就牵制了对方 |
[21:32] | She did it mostly with pawns, | 基本用兵进攻 |
[21:34] | and crushed his position as one might crush an egg. | 像磕碎鸡蛋一样 轻松化解了他的局 |
[21:40] | Diedrich played well, | 迪德里奇下得不错 |
[21:41] | made no blunders or anything that could properly be called a mistake, | 没有犯糊涂 或任何可能被称为错误的棋 |
[21:45] | but Harmon moved with such deadly accuracy, such measured control, | 但哈蒙的棋法更加精准 控制力一流 |
[21:48] | that his position was hopeless | 他的棋局到23步时 |
[21:50] | by the 23rd move. | 已回天乏术 |
[21:53] | Impressive play by this young woman. | 这位年轻姑娘的棋艺令人惊叹 |
[22:08] | Borgov retreats his knight, | 博尔戈夫撤马 |
[22:11] | but he’s really attacking the black knight. | 但他实际目的是攻击黑棋的马 |
[22:13] | This is a very interesting position. | 这是个颇有意味的棋局 |
[22:16] | It is dangerous for both sides. | 两方都很危险 |
[22:18] | How is Black going to answer the threat? | 黑棋要如何应对这步威胁 |
[22:23] | Will he defend himself or counter attack? | 他会守 还是攻 |
[22:29] | It could go either way. | 谁都可能获胜 |
[22:41] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[22:43] | Out here. | 在这里 |
[22:55] | Fresh air feels nice, doesn’t it? | 新鲜空气很不错吧 |
[22:59] | Aren’t you going out? | 你不出门吗 |
[23:01] | No, Manuel’s not coming tonight. | 不了 曼纽尔今晚不来 |
[23:06] | He had business in Oaxaca. | 他要去瓦哈卡出差 |
[23:11] | How long will he be gone? | 他要离开多久 |
[23:15] | At least until we leave. | 至少我们走前碰不上了 |
[23:18] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[23:21] | I’ve never been to Oaxaca, but… | 我从没去过瓦哈卡 但是 |
[23:24] | I imagine it resembles Denver. | 我猜和丹佛差不多 |
[23:28] | We can have dinner together. | 我们可以一起吃晚餐 |
[23:31] | You can take me to one of the places you know. | 你可以带我去你知道的餐厅 |
[23:34] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[23:36] | It was fun while it lasted. | 至少过程很愉快 |
[23:52] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[23:56] | I am Georgi Girev. | 我是乔治·吉列夫 |
[23:58] | Beth Harmon. | 贝丝·哈蒙 |
[23:59] | I’m honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[25:22] | It’s been five hours. | 已经五小时了 |
[25:24] | Perhaps we should adjourn now. | 或许我们该休局 |
[25:28] | You must seal your move. | 你要封棋了 |
[25:39] | Miss Harmon must seal her move now. | 哈蒙小姐现在封棋 |
[25:55] | Play will resume tomorrow at ten, before your regular matches. | 明早十点继续下 在你的常规赛之前 |
[26:05] | Miss Harmon. | 哈蒙小姐 |
[26:07] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[26:09] | May I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[26:12] | In America, I’m told that one sees films inside the car. | 有人告诉我 在美国大家在车里看电影 |
[26:17] | Is this true? | 是真的吗 |
[26:20] | Drive-ins. | 露天汽车电影 |
[26:23] | You mean drive-in movies? | 你是说露天汽车电影吗 |
[26:26] | Yes, Elvis Presley movies. | 对 猫王的电影 |
[26:29] | Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor… | 黛比·雷诺兹和伊丽莎白·泰勒 |
[26:31] | That happens? | 是真的吗 |
[26:35] | It does. | 是的 |
[26:38] | I would dig that. | 我会很喜欢那样 |
[27:18] | Pawn to rook five. | 兵到车线第五格 |
[29:31] | For you, Beth Harmon… | 为了你 贝丝·哈蒙 |
[29:35] | I resign the old-fashioned way. | 我用传统的方式认输 |
[29:53] | I’ve never been to a drive-in, either. | 我也从没去看过露天汽车电影 |
[29:58] | I should not have let you do that. | 我不该让你那样 |
[30:01] | With the rook. | 你走了车 |
[30:02] | No. | 是的 |
[30:06] | But you won’t let the next one that tries it. | 但下次你就不会犯同样的错了 |
[30:10] | How old were you when you started playing? | 你多大开始学习下棋的 |
[30:14] | Four. | 四岁 |
[30:15] | I was district champion at seven. | 七岁时我就是区冠军 |
[30:19] | I will be world champion one day. | 总有一天我会成为世界冠军 |
[30:22] | When? | 什么时候 |
[30:23] | In three years. | 三年后 |
[30:25] | You’ll be 16 in three years. | 三年后你16岁 |
[30:28] | If you win… | 如果你赢了 |
[30:31] | what will you do next? | 那你下一步做什么 |
[30:35] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:37] | If you’re world champion at 16… | 如果你16岁就当上了世界冠军 |
[30:40] | what will you do with the rest of your life? | 那你余生干什么 |
[30:50] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:59] | You’re the best I’ve ever played. | 你是我交手过最棒的棋手 |
[31:08] | Until you play Borgov. | 在你遇到博尔戈夫之前 |
[32:05] | Beth. | 贝丝 |
[32:07] | Look what I found. | 看我找到了什么 |
[32:35] | Everyone, this is Elizabeth Harmon, the US Champion. | 各位 这是伊丽莎白·哈蒙 美国冠军 |
[32:39] | Co-Champion. | 联合冠军 |
[32:41] | I’m sorry I missed your match, | 很抱歉我错过了你的比赛 |
[32:43] | but the bath was so lovely. | 但泡澡太舒服 |
[32:45] | I soaked the entire afternoon. | 我一下午都浸在浴缸里 |
[32:48] | I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[32:49] | – You look better. – I feel better. | -你看起来好多了 -我也感觉好多了 |
[32:52] | – Are you hungry? – Starving. | -你饿了吗 -饿坏了 |
[32:54] | Thank you. You play beautiful, sefiora. | 谢谢 您弹得很好 女士 |
[32:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:58] | So much for your stage fright. | 你的舞台恐惧症呢 |
[33:00] | I play fine as long as it’s for fun. | 如果只是娱乐 我能弹好 |
[33:03] | Where shall we go? | 我们该去哪 |
[33:05] | Any one of the new places you’ve been to? | 你去过的新餐厅吗 |
[33:09] | 排行榜 苏联瓦西里·博尔戈夫 对战 美国伊丽莎白·哈蒙 | |
[33:15] | Let’s eat in the room. | 我们在房间里吃吧 |
[33:34] | – You wanna grab it? – Here. | -你想去拿吗 -给 |
[33:53] | In Moscow, she’ll be jet-lagged. We can destroy her then. | 在莫斯科 她会需要倒时差 我们可以到时打败她 |
[33:56] | She’s getting better. | 她棋艺越来越好了 |
[33:58] | Have to deal with her here or in Paris | 必须在她变得太强前 |
[34:01] | before she gets too strong. | 在这里或巴黎挫败她 |
[34:03] | There’s talk she’s a drunk. | 有传言说她是个酒鬼 |
[34:05] | Her game is almost all attack. | 她的战术几乎全是进攻 |
[34:07] | So she doesn’t always watch her back. | 所以她不会提防 |
[34:10] | When she blunders, she gets angry, | 如果她犯错了 就会恼羞成怒 |
[34:12] | and can be dangerous. | 那样很危险 |
[34:13] | Like all women. She’s an orphan. A survivor. | 像所有女人一样 她是个孤儿 幸存者 |
[34:17] | She’s like us — losing is not an option for her. | 她跟我们一样 绝对不能输 |
[34:22] | Otherwise, what would her life be? | 否则 她的生活该何去何从 |
[34:57] | Those two guys, they’re number two and three in the world. | 那两个人 他们是世界排名二三的棋手 |
[35:02] | – And those guys? – KGB. | -那些人呢 -克勃格特工 |
[35:06] | Make sure Borgov doesn’t run away. | 防止博尔戈夫逃跑 |
[35:13] | Will you save a seat for my mother? | 你们能帮我母亲留个位置吗 |
[35:15] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -好 -好 |
[35:44] | You may start your opponent’s clock. | 你现在可以开启对手的棋钟 |
[35:54] | Pawn to king four. | 兵到王线第四格 |
[35:56] | She always plays the Sicilian to that opening. | 她总是用西西里防御应对那个开局 |
[36:00] | It’s the most common opening for White in the game of chess, | 这是象棋里白棋最常用的开局方法 |
[36:04] | and Borgov has been called the “Master of the Sicilian.” | 博尔戈夫被称为”西西里防御大师” |
[36:11] | Harmon moves pawn to queen bishop four, | 哈蒙的兵到后翼象线第四格 |
[36:14] | hoping to play him on ground that’s fresh for both of them, | 希望出其不意 给彼此带来些新鲜感 |
[36:18] | that won’t give him the advantage of his superior knowledge. | 让他无法凭借丰富的经验占据上风 |
[36:25] | And now Borgov has brought out his king’s knight to bishop three, | 现在博尔戈夫把王翼马走到象线第三格 |
[36:30] | and Harmon, | 而哈蒙 |
[36:31] | of course, brings hers to queen bishop three, | 自然把她的王翼马走到后翼象线第三格 |
[36:34] | attacking the center. | 进攻中央战场 |
[36:40] | But Borgov moves his bishop to knight five, | 但博尔戈夫把象走到马线第五格 |
[36:43] | signaling he’s going to play the Closed Sicilian, | 意味着他要使出封闭式西西里防御 |
[36:48] | not the Open. | 而非开放式 |
[36:53] | Please do not disturb the players. | 请勿打扰棋手 |
[36:55] | The Rossolimo. A rare opening… | 罗索里莫变例 罕见的开局法 |
[37:12] | Harmon pushes her pawn | 哈蒙把她的兵 |
[37:14] | to rook three, attacking Borgov’s bishop. | 走到车线第三格 进攻博尔戈夫的象 |
[37:25] | Borgov castles. | 博尔戈夫王车易位[同时移动王和车] |
[37:27] | Harmon must now decide | 哈蒙现在必须决定 |
[37:30] | to open the game or keep it closed. | 要开放棋局 还是保持封闭 |
[37:34] | White has the advantage. | 白棋有优势 |
[37:36] | Since it always has the first move, it always has the advantage. | 因为白棋总是先下 所以就有优势 |
[37:38] | I read that when computers learn to play chess, | 我看到在电脑学习下象棋时 |
[37:41] | and play against other computers, | 和别的电脑对决时 |
[37:43] | White will always win because of the first move. | 白棋总是赢 因为白棋先下 |
[37:46] | Like tic-tac-toe. | 就跟三连棋一样 |
[37:48] | Borgov’s not a machine. | 博尔戈夫不是机器 |
[37:50] | That you know of. | 那是你不知道 |
[38:46] | I didn’t expect it. | 我没想到 |
[38:48] | No one really plays it. | 没人会这样走棋 |
[38:50] | It threw me off. | 太令我意外了 |
[38:52] | Just like he knew it would. | 就像他预料的一样 |
[38:55] | From that point on, the whole game | 从那时起 整场棋局 |
[38:57] | was like a foregone conclusion. I… | 就像预料中的必然结果一般 我… |
[39:00] | I couldn’t fight this feeling that I’d already lost. | 我心中一直有种挥之不去的感觉 我已经输了 |
[39:04] | Like in the books, | 就像书里写的 |
[39:06] | where you know the outcome, but you play it out | 你明知道结局 却还想看一遍 |
[39:08] | just to see how it would happen, and… | 只为了看其如何发生 而且 |
[39:12] | I mean, every move he made was so… | 他走的每一步都如此 |
[39:17] | obvious, so… | 明显 如此 |
[39:19] | unimaginative, so bureaucratic. | 毫无新意 非常官方 |
[39:24] | And the whole time, I’d look at his face, | 整场棋 我一直盯着他的脸 |
[39:27] | and there was no doubt. | 没有丝毫怀疑 |
[39:30] | No weakness. | 没有弱点 |
[39:33] | I’m so glad you didn’t see it. | 我很高兴你没有看到 |
[39:43] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[40:26] | I’m sorry. | 请节哀 |
[40:28] | What was it? | 是怎么回事 |
[40:29] | Hepatitis, possibly. | 可能是肝炎 |
[40:31] | We will know tomorrow. | 我们明天就知道了 |
[40:34] | Could you give me a tranquilizer? | 你能给我镇定剂吗 |
[40:36] | – Yes. I have a sedative. – I don’t want a sedative. | -有 我能给你打一针 -我不想打针 |
[40:40] | Could I have a prescription for Librium? | 能给我开个利眠宁安定的处方吗 |
[40:44] | You don’t need a prescription to buy Librium in Mexico. | 在墨西哥买利眠宁不需要处方 |
[40:47] | I suggest meprobamate. | 我建议你用眠尔通 |
[40:49] | There’s a farmacia here in the hotel. | 酒店就有药房 |
[40:53] | Again, I’m very sorry for your loss. | 向您再次表示哀悼 |
[41:01] | Allow us to help you with any arrangements. | 请允许我们帮您安排后事 |
[41:04] | Signing papers, dealing with authorities. | 签署文件 与当局交涉 |
[41:07] | And, of course, the bill will be taken care of. | 当然 账单也无需您操心了 |
[41:11] | – Thank you. – Including the liquor bill, | -谢谢 -包括酒水支出 |
[41:14] | which was significant. | 非常庞大的支出 |
[41:17] | Though, I’m sure none of the many margaritas she consumed | 但我确定您母亲的不幸离世 |
[41:20] | was the culprit in your mother’s untimely passing. | 与她喝的玛格丽塔鸡尾酒吧无关 |
[41:26] | She did mention something about the quality of the tequila. | 她确实提到过酒里龙舌兰的质量问题 |
[41:32] | Again… | 再次申明 |
[41:34] | whatever we can do to help. | 我们会尽力帮忙 |
[41:46] | I need to find him. | 我需要找到他 |
[42:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[42:02] | I have your call. | 有您的电话 |
[42:04] | From Denver. | 是丹佛打来的 |
[42:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:09] | This is Allston Wheatley. | 我是奥斯顿·惠特利 |
[42:12] | It’s Beth, Mr. Wheatley. | 我是贝丝 惠特利先生 |
[42:14] | Beth? | 贝丝 |
[42:16] | Your daughter. | 你的女儿 |
[42:18] | – Elizabeth Harmon. – And you’re in Mexico? | -伊丽莎白·哈蒙 -你在墨西哥吗 |
[42:21] | It’s about Mrs. Wheatley. | 是关于惠特利太太的事 |
[42:23] | How is Alma? Is she there with you? | 艾尔玛怎么样了 她和你在一起吗 |
[42:26] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[42:29] | She died this morning. | 今早去世的 |
[42:32] | – Mr. Wheatley… – Could you handle this for me? | -惠特利先生 -你能帮我处理下吗 |
[42:34] | l can’t be going off to Mexico. | 我不可能去墨西哥 |
[42:39] | There’s an autopsy in the morning, | 明早会有尸体解剖 |
[42:41] | and I have to buy new plane tickets… | 我要买新的飞机票 |
[42:44] | I mean, I have to get a new ticket for myself. | 我是说要给自己买新的飞机票 |
[42:52] | I don’t know where to bury her. | 我不知道该在哪埋葬她 |
[42:53] | Call Durgin Brothers in Lexington. | 联系莱克星顿的德根兄弟 |
[42:56] | There’s a family plot in her maiden name, Benson. | 那里有个她娘家的墓地 叫本森 |
[42:59] | What about the house? | 那房子呢 |
[43:01] | Look, I don’t want any part of this. | 听着 我不想掺和这事 |
[43:03] | I got problems enough here in Denver. | 我在丹佛的麻烦事够多了 |
[43:04] | Get her up to Kentucky and bury her, and the house is yours. Just… | 把她带回肯塔基州埋葬 房子是你的了 只要 |
[43:10] | make the mortgage payments. | 继续付按揭款就行 |
[43:12] | You need money? | 你需要钱吗 |
[43:13] | I don’t know. I don’t know how much it’ll cost. | 我不知道 我不知道要花多少钱 |
[43:16] | I heard you’re doing all right. The child-prodigy thing. | 我听说你过得很好 神童下棋这事 |
[43:19] | Can’t you charge it or something? | 你能用那方面的钱吗 |
[43:23] | I’ll ask the hotel. | 我问下酒店吧 |
[43:24] | Good, you do that. I’m strapped for cash right now, | 很好 就这么做 我现在手头没这么多现金 |
[43:27] | but call Second National Bank and ask for Mr. Erlich. | 但你去联系第二国民银行 找厄利克先生 |
[43:30] | That’s E-r-l-i-c-h. | 厄瓜多尔的厄 利益的利 千克的克 |
[43:34] | Tell him I want you to have the house. He knows how to reach me. | 告诉他房子给你了 他知道怎么联系我 |
[43:36] | Don’t you want to know how she died? | 你不想知道她怎么死的吗 |
[43:40] | What was it? | 怎么死的 |
[43:41] | Hepatitis. | 肝炎 |
[43:43] | I think. We’ll know tomorrow. | 我想是这样 明天就知道了 |
[43:46] | Yeah. | 好 |
[43:47] | She was sick a lot. | 她之前也总生病 |
[45:41] | 利眠宁 [抗焦虑 治疗失眠药物] | |
[45:46] | Més. | 再来点 |