时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | Bring ale, bring pie, let all be merry, | 带上麦酒 带上馅饼 我们欢聚一堂 |
[00:24] | for at last our theatre has acquired a patron. | 因为我们剧院最终有一位赞助人了 |
[00:26] | What’s that mean, then, master? | 然后 这意味着什么呢 老爷 |
[00:28] | Well, Bottom, it means that this is England and, therefore, | 好吧 宝特姆 这意味着这里是英格兰 因此 |
[00:31] | no matter how creative, | 无论一个人 |
[00:32] | industrious or successful a workforce may be, | 多有创造力 多么勤劳 多么成功 |
[00:35] | they will still require a | 他们还是想要 |
[00:36] | talentless over-entitled | 一个毫无才华 名不副实 |
[00:38] | freeloading posh boy | 不劳而获的贵族小子 |
[00:39] | to give them social and legal status. | 来给他们带来社会地位和法律便利 |
[00:41] | Fortunately for us, the Lord Chamberlain doth love the drama | 幸运的是 大臣热爱戏剧 |
[00:45] | and so we are become his men. | 所以我们才能获得他的资助 |
[00:47] | A powerful friend indeed, Will. | 真是一个强大的朋友 威廉 |
[00:49] | One who must be flattered and indulged. | 他周围的人一定是对他 阿谀谄媚 溜须拍马 |
[00:51] | His secretary, the odious Robert Greene, | 他的秘书 可恶的罗伯特 格林 |
[00:53] | who doth hate my gutlings, | 嫉妒我的才华 |
[00:55] | tells me His Lordship demands a bloody and vengeful history. | 告诉我 他的主人想要一部血腥的复仇历史剧 |
[00:59] | Luckily, I am very good at those. | 幸运的是 我正擅长于此 |
[01:02] | Well, then, it’s top news all round, mate. | 好吧 然后 最热的头条新闻 老兄 |
[01:04] | Got a pretty nifty new gig myself. | 我得到了一份很棒的新工作 |
[01:06] | Walsingham is sending me to Verona on a spy mission. | 沃尔辛厄姆要送我去维罗纳做间谍 |
[01:10] | Fine wine, fabulous food, top Italian totty! | 美酒 佳肴 还有顶级的意大利美人 |
[01:13] | I presume you will also be expected to do a bit of actual work? | 我想他们应该还希望你做一些实际的工作吧 |
[01:15] | No, not really. Job is a doddling skive. | 不 还真没有 这份工作就是份闲差 |
[01:18] | Just got to contact some contessa | 只需要联系上一些信新教的 |
[01:19] | who is a Protestant | 想为我们做情报工作的 |
[01:20] | and wants to spy for us. | 女公爵就行了 |
[01:22] | Seems she has a list of papist assassins she wants to give us. | 她好像有一个罗马天主教刺客名单要给我们 |
[01:25] | Only bother is I’m supposed to learn some Italian. | 唯一的问题就是我要学点意大利语 |
[01:27] | Goodness, having to make some small effort, | 老天 居然还要出点力 |
[01:29] | how awful for you! | 你可够惨的 |
[01:30] | Bestrew me, Will, | 替我说句话啊 威廉 |
[01:32] | methinks me bolingbrokes be being busted! | 看来我的小聪明都被发现了 |
[01:35] | Forgive her, Kit, | 原谅她吧 基特 |
[01:36] | Kate doth ever chafe at | 凯特总是因为 |
[01:37] | the lack of opportunities afforded to women, | 女人缺少机会而生气 |
[01:40] | suffering as she does with the curious illusion | 她好像忍受着一种奇怪的幻觉 |
[01:43] | that talent and brains | 才华和头脑 |
[01:44] | in some way mitigate the absence of a cod-dangle. | 在某种程度上能当卵用 |
[01:49] | Learning Italian, you say? | 你说要学意大利语 |
[01:50] | Mm, Walsingham’s orders. | 嗯 沃尔辛厄姆要求的 |
[01:51] | Do you know, I think he’s worked out | 你知道么 我觉得他早料到 |
[01:53] | that I don’t take being a spy as seriously as he’d like! | 我不会像他想得那样认真对待这份间谍工作 |
[01:56] | You can see how the got to be head of the intelligence service. | 由此可见如何才能当上情报机构的头目了 |
[02:00] | I’m sorry, is there a problem? | 抱歉 有什么问题么 |
[02:01] | Yes, Kate, you are being a teeny bit of a pain in that which | 是的 凯特 你就像无病呻吟的青少年 因为 |
[02:04] | though it be sat on, be not a chair, | 虽然坐着 却没有凳子 |
[02:06] | though it doth trumpet loud, be not a military fanfare, | 虽然锣鼓喧天 但是却不是部队的号角喇叭 |
[02:10] | and though it be divided in two with a crack in the middle, | 虽然冰面从中间断裂成了两半 |
[02:13] | be not a frozen lake on which stands a nervous skater | 冰冻的河流上面却没有站着 |
[02:16] | who has overestimated the strength of the ice. | 因高估冰面承重力而焦虑不安的滑冰者 |
[02:19] | He means arsing-mungle. | 他说你蠢 |
[02:23] | Yes, Bottom, got that | 是的 宝特姆 明白了 |
[02:24] | and, like most men, he seems to be talking out of it. | 而且和大多数男人一样 他喜欢说出来 |
[02:28] | What is your problem, Kate?! | 你怎么了 凯特 |
[02:29] | You, for a start! | 你 首先 |
[02:31] | You live only for pleasure. | 你的生活只有享乐 |
[02:32] | You gorge, you quaff, you treat women as playthings. | 你只是享受美食和美酒 你把女人视为玩物 |
[02:36] | Yes… | 是啊 |
[02:37] | but what is your problem?! | 但有你什么事啊 |
[02:40] | Come along now, you two, let’s not fight. | 你们俩现在过来 别吵架了 |
[02:42] | Look, here’s an idea, Kit. | 听着 我有个主意 基特 |
[02:43] | I’m off to Stratters to write my new play. | 我要去酒馆写我的新戏 |
[02:46] | While I’m away, why doesn’t Kate teach you Italian, | 我外出的时候 不如你让凯特教你意大利语吧 |
[02:48] | for then you will have your lessons and she some occupation | 那样你就上了课 而她也有事干 |
[02:52] | for her very large but frustratingly female brain. | 来让她巨大又沮丧的女性大脑有点事做 |
[02:56] | Do you speak Italian, Kate? | 你会意大利语吗 凯特 |
[02:58] | Naturalmente io parlo italiano, grande idiota! | 我当然会说意大利语 大白痴 |
[03:03] | Oh, right, that was Italian, was it?! | 哦 是的 那是意大利语 对吧 |
[03:10] | Father is returned! | 爸爸回来了 |
[03:11] | Did you get our sugar sticks? | 你给我买棒糖了吗 |
[03:13] | Yes, I got your sugar sticks. | 是的 我给你买了棒糖 |
[03:16] | The way children eat sugar these days, by the time they’re 20, | 按照现在小孩吃糖的方式 等他们到二十岁 |
[03:19] | you will scarcely be able to count their ribs. | 就胖得都看不出来肋骨来了 |
[03:21] | Bad journey, was it, love? | 今天不顺利吗 亲爱的 |
[03:24] | Just a touch, my sweet. | 一点点 亲爱的 |
[03:26] | There be a dispute betwixt coaching management and staff. | 训练管理人员和员工之间有争议 |
[03:33] | One side claimeth that a single worker is all that is required… | 一方称 一个人来喊 驾 戳马屁股 |
[03:39] | .. to shout giddy-up and | 用鞭子打它 |
[03:40] | poke the horse’s arse, hit it with a stick, | 就足够了 |
[03:42] | whilst also ensuring that there be | 同时还要保证 |
[03:44] | sufficient turding straw laid about the carriage, | 马车旁边要有足够的松散的稻草 |
[03:47] | while t’other side insists that two men must needs do the job | 另一方坚持认为 需要两个人来做这个工作 |
[03:50] | for the comfort and safety of all, | 这样更舒服也更安全 |
[03:52] | a situation which produces in mine little heart | 这个情况真是让我小小的心里 |
[03:55] | a tortuous duality of emotion. | 充满了曲折又冲突的情感 |
[03:57] | Naturally, of course, I support those who withdraw their labour | 当然 我自然支持那些人通过罢工来 |
[04:01] | in order to protect their jobs and maintain standards. | 争取自己工作 保持水准 |
[04:03] | And yet I canst not help sort of wishing | 而我又无法自持的希望 |
[04:06] | they’d burn in hell till the end of time. | 他们最终死无葬身之地 |
[04:10] | That’s right, because it’s all about you, isn’t it?! | 是的 因为那都是因为你 对吗 |
[04:12] | None of us ever have any problems! I hate you! Shut up! | 我们谁都没有问题 我恨你 闭嘴 |
[04:14] | Zounds, daughter, that’s an impressive explosion | 咄 女儿 即使以你火山爆发般的性子而言 |
[04:17] | of random intolerance, | 这都是一段令人印象深刻的 |
[04:19] | even by your volcanic standards. | 随意的不耐烦的爆发 |
[04:21] | Don’t mind her, love, | 别在意她 亲爱的 她有点敏感 |
[04:23] | she’s a bit sensitive. It’s a boy. | 都是跟男孩有关的 |
[04:24] | Mu-um! | 妈 |
[04:26] | The springtime woodland gadabout approaches. | 春天森林游猎的时节到了 |
[04:28] | Sue would like to go with this boy, | 苏想和一个男孩一起去 |
[04:30] | but he’s shy and he won’t ask her. | 但是他很害羞 没有主动邀请她 |
[04:32] | Of course I’m not allowed to ask him. | 当然我不能主动邀请他 |
[04:34] | Well, I should say not! | 好吧 当然不行 |
[04:36] | A maid ask a youth to gambol in the green wood? | 一位少女邀请一位青年去林子里玩 |
[04:39] | All order would end! Chaos would become again! | 这简直是有损风化 败坏风气 |
[04:42] | Except, actually, Gran, it wouldn’t. | 除非 事实上 奶奶 不会的 |
[04:44] | Well, I’m not sure, Sue. | 好吧 我可不确定 苏 |
[04:45] | Methinks perhaps there is a certain social covenant | 在我看来 也许有特定的社会契约 |
[04:48] | that prevents a kind of chaos. | 来防止这样的混乱发生 |
[04:50] | If girls started to act as boys, then would there come a time | 如果女孩们开始表现得像男孩 那我们就到了 |
[04:54] | in Albion where gangs of maids were seen of a Friday night, | 在英格兰周五的晚上 能看到一群少女 |
[04:57] | staggering from tavern to tavern, | 在酒馆之间穿梭 喝得醉醺醺的 |
[05:00] | collapsing in the gutter and passing out in their own vomit? | 瘫倒在路边水沟旁大吐的时期了 |
[05:04] | Man must ever be the master of women | 男人必须是女人的主人 |
[05:07] | because man is made in God’s image | 因为男人是按照上帝的形象塑造的 |
[05:10] | and he sits at the pinnacle of creation. | 他坐在造物主的位置 |
[05:15] | – I hate him! – Never mind all that. | – 我恨他 – 不要太在意 |
[05:18] | So, what are we going to do | 所以 我们要为苏 |
[05:19] | about Sue and the shy and timorous youth, Darren? | 和她羞怯的小青年做些什么呢 亲爱的 |
[05:23] | Why, the answer is obvious. | 什么 这很明显啊 |
[05:24] | We must invent some stratagem | 我们必须想出一些好的计谋 |
[05:26] | whereby he be persuaded to approach our Sue. | 以此来说服他接近我们的苏 |
[05:29] | Any bright ideas? | 有什么好主意吗 |
[05:31] | Anne, please, it’s me you’re talking to! | 安 拜托 你是在跟我说话 |
[05:33] | Bright ideas are what I do! | 我的想法就好主意 |
[05:36] | Susanna must woo | 苏珊娜一定要通过一个 |
[05:37] | this foolish boy by proxy, | 中间人来追求这个傻男孩 |
[05:39] | dressing as her own cousin Shane, | 这个中间人扮成她从 |
[05:41] | come a-visiting from Solihull. | 索利哈尔来拜访我们的表哥肖恩 |
[05:44] | I can’t see how it can possibly go wrong. | 我看这个办法无懈可击 |
[05:48] | It’s funny how many of | 这真有趣 |
[05:49] | your ideas involve girls dressing up as boys. | 你能想出多少女扮男装的主意来 |
[05:53] | I think it’s a pattern. | 我看这是一种套路 |
[05:55] | It’s not a pattern. | 这不是套路 |
[05:56] | It looks like a pattern. | 看上去像是套路 |
[05:58] | It is not a pattern. | 不是套路 |
[06:00] | Now, if you will excuse me, | 现在 恕我失陪 |
[06:02] | I’ve got a bloody and vengeful history to write. | 我还有一个血腥的复仇故事要写 |
[06:04] | I’m planning a cheeky | 我打算写一个名叫 |
[06:05] | little Roman number called Titus Andronicus, | 泰特斯安德洛尼克斯的莽撞的罗马人角色 |
[06:08] | in which 14 characters are brutally murdered | 故事中有十四个角色遭到惨杀 |
[06:11] | and a mother forced to eat | 一位母亲还被迫吃下了用 |
[06:13] | her own children baked in a pie. | 她亲生儿子做成的肉饼 |
[06:15] | Ar-har-har! | 太棒了 |
[06:16] | Our patron will love it. | 金主肯定会喜欢的 |
[06:20] | This will not do! | 这故事不行 |
[06:22] | What do you mean it won’t do? | 不行是什么意思 |
[06:24] | You told me to write a blood-soaked history. | 是你让我写一部充满杀戮的历史剧的 |
[06:27] | Did I? | 我有吗 |
[06:28] | Goodness, so I did! | 老天 我还真有 |
[06:30] | Sorry, my badlington. | 抱歉 是我的错 |
[06:33] | What I mean to say was DON’T write a blood-soaked history, | 我想说的是”不要”写打打杀杀的历史剧 |
[06:37] | the Lord Chamberlain hates them. | 大臣不喜欢这种 |
[06:39] | Rather, his Grace demands a light, romantic comedy | 相反 他要的是一个发生在异域的 |
[06:42] | set in an exotic location. | 欢快的爱情喜剧 |
[06:45] | But I’ve never written a play like that in my life, | 可是我这辈子从没写过这样的戏剧呀 |
[06:47] | I wouldn’t know where to start. | 我都不知道从何写起了 |
[06:49] | Which is why I suggested the idea. | 所以我才这样提议的 |
[06:52] | You will fail in your commission, lose your new patron | 这样你就会不孚众望 失去新的金主 |
[06:55] | and be disgraced, a laughing stock. | 还丢了自己的脸 成为笑柄 |
[07:03] | Vorrei comprare il pane per favore. | 我 想 买 一些 面包 |
[07:07] | Bene, Signor Marlowe, bene! | 很好 马洛先生 说的很好 |
[07:09] | It’s all credit to you, Kate, couldn’t have had a better teacher. | 全都是你的功劳 凯特 你真是最棒的老师了 |
[07:11] | Si, prega di parla italiano. | 是的 请讲意大利语 |
[07:14] | You know my rules, we must parla solo italiano. | 你知道我的规矩的 我们之间只能讲意大利语 |
[07:18] | This house is not in London, but Verona. | 这房子不是在伦敦 而是在维罗纳 |
[07:20] | I am not Kate, the landlady’s daughter, | 我不是女房东的女儿 凯特 |
[07:23] | but la Contessa Silvia. | 而是西尔维亚伯爵夫人 |
[07:25] | And Bottom be named in the Latin style | 而宝特姆 按照拉丁文的规则 |
[07:28] | as is the Italian fashion | 也是意大利语的习惯 |
[07:29] | and thus he is an Anus. | 就叫做肛门吧 |
[07:33] | That’s been said before. | 以前也这样叫过我 |
[07:35] | What’s more, Mr Marlowe, | 此外 马洛先生 |
[07:37] | you must be ever proficient in fine phrases, | 在任何时候你都必须熟练地使用精确的短语 |
[07:40] | flirty flourishes, gentle sighs… | 华丽的词藻 轻声的喟叹 |
[07:45] | .. for Italian society would expect a noble gentleman | 因为 在意大利传统中 一个高贵的绅士 |
[07:49] | to be well versed in the sweet words of… | 是要出口成章的 还要会说… |
[07:51] | Amore? | 我的爱人 |
[07:54] | Oh, God, I think I’m falling for her, which is just raving tonto! | 天啊 我想我爱上她了 我在胡说些什么 |
[07:59] | But when she does speak Italiano, | 但是她说意大利语的样子 |
[08:01] | it’s so damn saucy it makes me call for a more copious codpiece. | 真是太俏皮了 让我想多换几个科布佩斯 |
[08:07] | Aye, sirrah, amore. | 我在 我的爱人 |
[08:10] | How can this be? | 怎么会这样 |
[08:12] | I feel my pulse quicken | 我觉得我的脉搏在加速 |
[08:13] | and my boobingtons do palpitate most mightily. | 而且我的双乳在强而有力地颤动 |
[08:16] | It is very madness | 这真是太疯狂了 |
[08:18] | and yet, when he practises the sweet words of romance, | 可是 当他在练习那些甜言蜜语的时候 |
[08:20] | I do totally find myself going diddly doodah. | 我确实感受到了丝丝的悸动 |
[08:23] | They’re doing a lot of talking to themselves, | 他们在不停地自言自语 |
[08:26] | which, in my experience, | 以我的经验来看 |
[08:27] | means things are going to start going very wrong. | 这意味着画风要开始走偏了 |
[08:29] | Kate… Babes… Bambina… | 凯特 宝贝 宝宝 |
[08:33] | – Si? – I love you! | – 我在 – 我爱你 |
[08:35] | Like the wild pig, I long to snuffle your truffle. | 正如野猪一样 我渴望在你的幽径中轻嗅 |
[08:41] | Can I hope that you love me? | 我可否期盼你也爱我 |
[08:43] | Yes, yes, I love thee too. | 可以 可以 我也爱你 |
[08:45] | Result! And yet late tonight I | 好的 今晚夜深时分我 |
[08:46] | must to Verona, my ship awaits. | 必须去往维罗纳 船在等着我 |
[08:47] | Aye, sirrah, tis against such a day that we have studied | 知道了 虽然我们今天学习的背景就设定在 |
[08:51] | here in our little Verona, | 这小小的维罗纳 |
[08:52] | I, your Contessa, | 我 你的伯爵夫人 |
[08:54] | with Anus always at your service. | 她的肛门会一直听候你的吩咐 |
[08:58] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[09:01] | She means me. | 她指的是我 |
[09:03] | Right, yes, absolutely! | 对 是的 当然了 |
[09:06] | Bit of a leap! | 我想偏了 |
[09:10] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[09:12] | Right now I must to the tavern, | 现在我必须赶往酒馆 |
[09:13] | there to meet my sidekick, Valentine, | 与我的密友一见 但是 小情人 |
[09:15] | but I shall return tonight for one final farewell. | 今夜我将回来 与你作最后的告别 |
[09:18] | Until tonight, gentle Christopher. | 我会一直等到今夜 亲爱的克里斯托弗 |
[09:21] | Please call me Kit, I am your Kit. | 请叫我基特 我是属于你的基特 |
[09:24] | Oh, such irony! | 真是讽刺啊 |
[09:26] | I, your Kit, must get off, | 我 你的基特 必须要动身了 |
[09:28] | when all I desire… | 我此时最期盼的 |
[09:31] | .. is for you to get your kit off. | 就是为卿宽衣 |
[09:40] | Oh, such a poetic soul! | 真是一个充满诗意的灵魂 |
[09:42] | Kate, weren’t you listening? | 凯特 你有在听吗 |
[09:44] | He said he wants to get your kit off! | 他说他想要脱掉你的衣服 |
[09:46] | Yes, but in a nice, romantic way. | 听到了 但他说得那么温柔 那么浪漫 |
[09:50] | Clear the decks, cancel all appointments, | 把桌子清干净 取消我所有的预约 |
[09:52] | Greene has tricked me into | 格林摆了我一道 |
[09:54] | writing the wrong play for our new patron. | 让我给新金主写了一个错的剧本 |
[09:56] | He wants a light romantic comedy set in an exotic location. | 他想要的是发生在异域的欢快的爱情喜剧 |
[10:00] | What are you going to do? You’re absolute crap at comedy. | 那你打算怎么办 你写的喜剧太糟糕了 |
[10:04] | I am not crap at comedy! | 我的喜剧才不糟糕呢 |
[10:06] | You are a teeny bit crap at comedy, Mr Shakespeare. | 您的喜剧确实有点糟糕 莎士比亚先生 |
[10:09] | How can you say that?! It’s just mad! | 你们怎么能这么说 疯了吗 |
[10:12] | Every single history I’ve ever writ | 每个我写过的历史剧 |
[10:14] | has contained at least one hilarious scene | 都至少有一幕幽默的场景 |
[10:17] | in which poor people of low social status | 场景里那些社会地位很低的穷人 |
[10:19] | with amusing names like | 都有着搞笑的名字 |
[10:21] | Doll Tearpants and Ned Snatchbutt | 例如”多尔·扯裤”和”奈德·抓腚” |
[10:25] | acted stupidly. | 而且举止笨拙 |
[10:27] | So funny! | 多好笑呀 |
[10:30] | But I’ve only ever done comedy scenes, never a whole comic play. | 但我只写过搞笑的场景 还没写过一整个喜剧 |
[10:33] | Well, at least all be peaceful here, Mr Shakespeare. | 至少这儿还挺顺利的 莎士比亚先生 |
[10:37] | My Italian lessons are done. | 我的意大利语课上完了 |
[10:39] | Brave Kit must away on his country’s service. | 勇敢的基特想必已经远去 为国效劳去了 |
[10:42] | Yes, I passed him on the stair. | 是的 我在楼梯那儿看见他了 |
[10:44] | He seemed different, | 他看起来不一样了 |
[10:46] | as if some strange and luminous light shone from within. | 像是有一道奇异的亮光由内而外地散发出来 |
[10:50] | Possibly he bit on a bad oyster | 他可能是吃到坏掉的牡蛎 |
[10:52] | and was struggling to keep his buttocks clenched | 然后一直努力夹紧屁股 |
[10:55] | till he didst make the shitting ditch. | 估计要坚持到茅房才行 |
[11:01] | Child? | 孩子 |
[11:02] | There is a blush to your cheek | 你的脸红了 |
[11:04] | and your boobingtons do palpitate most mightily. | 而且你的乳房在强而有力地颤动 |
[11:10] | Have you been eating maggoty cheese? | 你是不是吃了长了虫的奶酪 |
[11:13] | It is not maggoty cheese which doth palpitate my boobingtons. | 不是长了虫的奶酪让我的双乳颤动 |
[11:17] | No, it’s a cheesy maggot. | 不是的 是她脑子长虫了 |
[11:19] | Bottom! It is not so! | 宝特姆 才不是呢 |
[11:22] | She’s only gone and got all diddly doodah over Mr Marlowe. | 她昏了头脑 对马洛先生动心了 |
[11:25] | Kate, can this be true?! | 凯特 是真的吗 |
[11:27] | Be you diddly doodah over Mr Marlowe? | 你对马洛先生动心了 |
[11:29] | Yes! | 是的 |
[11:30] | And he is not a cheesy maggot, | 而且他不是我脑子里的虫 |
[11:32] | he’s just a bad boy who needs a good girl, | 他只是一个需要好女子的坏男人 |
[11:36] | and what’s more, he’s diddly doodah over me. | 况且 他对我也动心了 |
[11:39] | Kate, I’m sure he thinks he is, | 凯特 我肯定他也是这样想的 |
[11:41] | but that’s Kit, he’s a gadabout. | 但他是基特啊 他可是一个浪子 |
[11:44] | Like the newly discovered American hummingbird | 就像新近发现的美洲蜂鸟一样 |
[11:46] | that doth flit from bud to bud, | 在花丛中来回地飞 |
[11:49] | spreading wide the soft, damp petals, | 把那柔软潮湿的花瓣轻轻打开 |
[11:52] | plunging deep its beak and | 深深地探入其中 |
[11:54] | lapping full fervent of the nectar within, | 浸上那里热烈的花蜜 |
[11:58] | using its curiously long and agile tongue. | 用灵巧细长的小舌搅动着 |
[12:05] | Gosh, Mr Shakespeare! | 我的天哪 莎士比亚先生 |
[12:08] | You’re not helping, master! | 你是在帮倒忙 主人 |
[12:12] | So, you boys be off to Verona? | 你们要去维罗纳了吗 |
[12:14] | Aye, Mistress Lucy, but Valentine here travels separately | 没错 露西夫人 不过瓦伦丁他和我分开出发 |
[12:17] | so the papist spies may ne’er | 这样天主教那些间谍就 |
[12:18] | know he’s my sidekick. | 看不出来他是我的跟班了 |
[12:20] | Yeah, except that wouldn’t happen, would it? | 不过那是不可能的 |
[12:22] | Because, in fact, you’re my sidekick! | 你才是我的小跟班 |
[12:24] | He’s my sidekick. | 是他给我当跟班 |
[12:26] | So, sidey-balls, got any | 小跟屁虫 |
[12:28] | cool new gear from the boffins at the Tower? | 你在塔伦敦塔学了什么新技巧吗 |
[12:31] | Oh, just a bit, side-dangle! | 当然了 扔飞镖 |
[12:33] | An innocent ostrich feather? | 看见这根简单的鸵鸟毛了吗 |
[12:35] | No, no, no, a lethal throw dart. | 不 在我手里这就是致命的飞镖 |
[12:38] | Witness buzzy bee on yonder flower. | 看好那朵花上的蜜蜂 |
[12:46] | That’s fine… | 身手不错 |
[12:47] | if you are attacked by a bee. | 如果来攻击你的是蜜蜂的话 |
[12:50] | An innocent codling pouch? | 看见这个简单的小包了吗 |
[12:52] | No, a dangle-mounted blunder banger! | 不 在我手里就是吊打飞镖的强力爆竹 |
[13:00] | Yeah, well, they offered me that, but no room. | 他们也想教我这个来着 |
[13:04] | My codling pouch is already fully loaded. | 只不过我的腰包满了 没地方放 |
[13:08] | Boys, boys! Don’t have a | 先生们 先生们 |
[13:10] | dangle-off in my pub, because, believe me, | 不要在我的酒馆里比试飞镖 |
[13:12] | I will win, and I haven’t even got one. | 相信我 就算没有飞镖 赢的也是我 |
[13:15] | Ah, Kit, thought I’d find you here. | 基特 我就知道你在这里 |
[13:17] | I was just rushing to the theatre, but I wanted a quick word. | 我正要赶去剧院 有急事跟你说 |
[13:19] | Not a problem. Valentine is just leaving. | 没问题 瓦伦丁马上要走了 |
[13:22] | He’s my sidekick. | 他是我的跟班 |
[13:24] | In your dreams, sidekick boy. | 想得美 小跟屁虫 |
[13:27] | Ooh! Ha-ha-ha! Such a sidekick! | 真是一个跟屁虫 |
[13:31] | Anyway, Will, what up? | 威廉 你有什么事 |
[13:33] | Make it snappy, I leave for Verona tonight | 赶快说 我今晚就要去维罗纳了 |
[13:35] | and I would first bid farewell to my true love. | 走之前还要去向我的真爱道别 |
[13:38] | Yes, that is what I hurried over to talk to you about. | 我就是来跟你说这件事情的 |
[13:40] | This true love, that would be Kate, right, our Kate? | 你说的真爱 是凯特吧 在我家帮忙的凯特 |
[13:45] | Damn, she hot! | 天哪 她太性感了 |
[13:46] | Do you know, I always thought she was a proper Penny Pure-pants. | 我以前一直以为她只是个穷人家的老实孩子 |
[13:49] | She is a proper Penny Pure-pants. | 她确实就是个穷人家的老实孩子 |
[13:50] | But you haven’t heard her speak Italian. | 你没听过她说意大利语 |
[13:52] | Ooh, the passion! | 那份激情啊 |
[13:54] | Pah! If you think Italian be sexy talk, | 呸 你觉得意大利语性感 |
[13:56] | you should hear a bit of Igbo. | 那真应该听听伊博语 |
[14:04] | Which means your chest | 我刚刚说的是 |
[14:06] | is broad and your testicles large and hairy. | 你的胸膛宽又广 你的蛋蛋大又毛 |
[14:08] | Phew! Thoroughly invigorating stuff, I must say. | 不得不说 还挺有意思的 |
[14:13] | But look here, Kit, this crush on Kate. | 我跟你讲 你对凯特的迷恋 |
[14:16] | You know what you’re like, you fancy anything in a farthingale. | 你自己也清楚 是个穿裙子的你就喜欢 |
[14:19] | What happens if, while you’re away, | 假设说 你在意大利的时候 |
[14:21] | you fall for some Italian tottling-gobble | 又迷上了哪个意大利小姑娘 |
[14:23] | and come home covered in garlic-flavoured love bites. | 满身大蒜味的吻痕回到国内 |
[14:26] | If you break Kate’s heart, I’ll… | 你要是胆敢伤害凯特 我就 |
[14:28] | You’ll what? | 你要干什么 |
[14:31] | I’ll write a pretty stern sonnet about it, | 我就把这事写成一首严格的十四行诗 |
[14:33] | you see if I don’t. | 你看我敢不敢 |
[14:35] | Oh, fear not, Will. | 别担心 威廉 |
[14:37] | No, my roistering days are done. | 我寻欢作乐的日子已经结束了 |
[14:40] | Nevermore will Marlowe the bonking rodent be, | 我马洛不再是个一心啪啪啪的啮齿动物 |
[14:43] | that all know that he be Kate’s true kissy love-gerbil. | 人们都会目睹 他成为凯特的沙鼠小可爱 |
[14:47] | Why not take her these roses from my garden? | 你给她带点我花园里的玫瑰吧 |
[14:50] | All girls love flowers. | 姑娘都喜欢花的 |
[14:53] | Sorry, Lucy, no can do. | 抱歉 露西 恐怕不行 |
[14:54] | You see, I do suffer from the summer snottage. | 我有过敏性鼻炎 |
[14:56] | Roses in particular make my eyes water. | 而且对玫瑰尤其敏感 |
[14:59] | Wouldn’t want my bird to see me blub now, would I? | 我可不想小情人看见我泪眼汪汪的样子 |
[15:01] | Thanks anyway. | 不过还是谢谢你了 |
[15:02] | Settle the drinks, will you, mate? Love you loads. | 付一下酒钱成吗 爱你哟 |
[15:07] | Where is your play, Will? | 你的剧本在哪里 威廉 |
[15:09] | Our new patron is impatient for our first production. | 我们的资助人记着看我们的第一场戏呢 |
[15:12] | How about we bring back Richard for another run? | 我们再演一遍查理三世怎么样 |
[15:15] | I know the crowds miss my Margaret. | 我知道观众们都想看我演的玛格丽特 |
[15:17] | I get so many letters. | 我收到了好多观众来信 |
[15:18] | I can’t imagine there would be much public interest | 我觉得吧 查理三世 |
[15:21] | in digging up Richard III. | 可能没什么人买账 |
[15:24] | Of course there would, but the Lord Chamberlain wants a comedy. | 当然有人愿意看 但是大臣想看的是喜剧 |
[15:29] | So, play it for laughs, job done. | 那演得搞笑一点 完事 |
[15:31] | Play Richard III for laughs? | 把查理三世演得搞笑点 |
[15:33] | What comedy is to be found in such an evil and grotesque villain? | 你这样荒唐不靠谱的人能演出什么喜剧 |
[15:36] | Dark comedy. Yeah? | 黑色喜剧 好吗 |
[15:38] | Edgy comedy. Yeah? | 前卫派 好吗 |
[15:40] | You’ve done the groundwork, | 之前你把查理三世塑造成了 |
[15:41] | making Richard a hunchback, | 一个驼子 演得还行 |
[15:42] | now you’ve got to ramp it up. | 现在得提升演技了 |
[15:43] | Ramp it up, Kempe? How so? | 提升演技 肯 怎么提升 |
[15:45] | Well, for instance, do a | 比方说 |
[15:46] | scene where everyone is trying really hard | 设计一个场景 大家都努力忍着 |
[15:49] | not to mention his stoop, but they can’t stop themselves. | 不提他的驼背 可就是忍不住 |
[15:52] | That would be funny, would it? | 你觉得这样很搞笑 是吧 |
[15:53] | Er, yeah! | 没错 |
[15:54] | Like Richard’s with his knights and Norfolk goes, | 比如查理会见骑士 诺福克郡骑士说道 |
[15:58] | “Oh, fancy spot of hunch? | 想一起吃坨饭吗 |
[16:01] | “Sorry, I meant lunch.” | 抱歉 我的意思是吃顿饭 |
[16:04] | Brave, edgy, challenging taboos. | 要勇敢地打破禁锢 |
[16:07] | You’re not changing a line of my Richard, it’s perfect, | 不许你随便改我的查理三世 我写得相当完美 |
[16:10] | all four hours of it. | 整整四个小时都是精髓 |
[16:12] | Yes, but the Lord Chamberlain demands a new play now, Will. | 然而大臣要求看一出新剧 威廉 |
[16:15] | I’m trying! | 我在努力写呢 |
[16:17] | He wants a light romantic comedy set in an exotic location | 他想要一出发生在异国的浪漫轻快的喜剧 |
[16:20] | and I’ve only ever done histories. | 可是我只写过历史剧 |
[16:22] | Maybe Kempe’s right, maybe I should do a comical history, | 或许肯说得对 我应该写一个搞笑的历史剧 |
[16:25] | go with what I know. | 正是我擅长的 |
[16:27] | Henry VI, Part 4. | 就叫 亨利六世 第四篇 |
[16:29] | Henry meets Joan of Arc at her trial and, | 亨利在圣女贞德的审判上见到她 |
[16:32] | instead of burning her, | 不仅没有烧死她 |
[16:33] | takes her for a naughty weekend at Lyme Regis. | 还带她去莱姆里杰斯过了个不可描述的周末 |
[16:38] | Might work. | 说不定行得通 |
[16:41] | O, how this spring of love resembleth | 啊 青春的恋爱是多么像 |
[16:44] | The uncertain glory of an April day | 阴晴不定的四月天气 |
[16:47] | Which now shows all the beauty of the sun | 现在是一片阳光灿烂 |
[16:51] | And by and by a cloud takes all away! | 一下子被乌云全遮起 |
[16:57] | You see? You see? | 我说得没错吧 |
[16:58] | Got to dig all that poetry stuff. | 就是得文艺起来 |
[17:00] | I mean, so sexy! | 太性感了 |
[17:02] | It’s a bit of Mr Shakespeare’s, actually. | 这其实是莎士比亚先生写的诗 |
[17:04] | Isn’t it perfect? | 此情此景 完美相映 |
[17:06] | Our love is like the bright | 我们的爱情就像明亮的日光 |
[17:08] | sun and your leaving be a cloud upon it. | 你的离去正像一朵云彩遮住了它 |
[17:11] | Is that what thou meant? | 你是这个意思呀 |
[17:13] | I could never tell. | 我怎么就猜不出来 |
[17:14] | You’re such a classy bird, Kate. | 你真是个有品位的小妞 凯特 |
[17:17] | I can’t believe I’ve wasted my life a-roistering and a-rogering | 真不敢相信 我纸醉金迷 寻欢作乐 |
[17:21] | when I should have been a-worshipping you. | 浪费的大好时光本该用来崇拜你 |
[17:24] | Let us exchange tokens so that, while we are parted, | 我们交换信物吧 当彼此分别时 |
[17:26] | we may always know to whom our hearts belong. | 就能牢记自己的心属于谁 |
[17:29] | Oh, Kit, let’s! | 基特 好主意 |
[17:33] | My grandmother’s communion ring. | 这是我祖母的结婚戒指 |
[17:35] | She wore it on her finger, then my mother on hers | 以前是她带着 然后传给我母亲 |
[17:40] | and now I on mine. | 现在是我的了 |
[17:43] | I gladly give it thee. | 很高兴能把它给你 |
[17:50] | Agh! | 唔 |
[17:53] | My grandfather’s nipple ring. | 这是我祖父的乳环 |
[17:55] | He wore it through his nipple, | 带在他乳头上 |
[17:57] | my father through his | 我父亲也这样 |
[17:58] | and now I through mine. | 现在传给我了 |
[18:00] | I give it to thee | 我把它送给你了 |
[18:02] | Em… | 呃 |
[18:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:05] | I’ll… just… put it on | 我…就… |
[18:07] | a chain around my neck, if that’s all right? | 用项链串起来 戴脖子上 可以么 |
[18:10] | Well, suit yourself. You are missing something pretty cool. | 好的 你随意 错过这么酷的东西太遗憾了 |
[18:13] | It’s so erotic when you play with it. | 你如果戴上的话 一定让人把持不住 |
[18:15] | Really, I’m fine. | 我还是算了吧 |
[18:17] | I feel stupid! | 我觉得这样很蠢 |
[18:19] | Well, it’s your dad’s idea and he is a genius, | 好吧 这是你父亲的主意 他是个天才 |
[18:22] | so you’re going to have to give it a go. | 所以你不得不要试一试 |
[18:23] | I can’t take another week of you moping and mooning about. | 我不能让你一个星期都为此闷闷不乐 |
[18:27] | It is not proper for a young lady to go about in britches. | 年轻女士就不应该穿长裤出去 |
[18:30] | I think it looks very fetching. | 我觉得这样穿很动人 |
[18:32] | Don’t be creepy, Grandad. | 别说奇怪的话 祖父 |
[18:35] | Do you want this lad to invite you to the gadabout, or don’t you? | 到底想不想让那小伙子邀请你出去玩 |
[18:38] | Now, let’s go through it again. | 现在 再来一次 |
[18:41] | Hello, Darren, I’m Sue’s cousin Shane | 你好 达伦 我是苏的表弟谢恩 |
[18:44] | and Sue really likes you | 苏她很喜欢你 |
[18:46] | and I think you should ask her to the woodland gadabout… | 我觉得你应该邀请她去林地闲逛 |
[18:49] | Mum, this is never going to work. | 妈 这样肯定不行的 |
[18:51] | It will, love, honestly, you look really convincing. | 亲爱的 会起效果的 你看起来让人信服 |
[18:54] | So you think I look like a boy? | 所以 你认为我像个男孩吗 |
[18:56] | A very attractive boy. | 有魅力的小伙 |
[18:58] | Shut up, Grandad! | 闭嘴 祖父 |
[19:02] | I just miss my Kit so much. | 我是在太想念基特了 |
[19:04] | I fear he will forget me. | 我怕他会忘了我 |
[19:07] | Oh, me! | 我的天哪 |
[19:08] | Oh, me! Oh, oh! | 我的上帝呀 噢 噢 |
[19:12] | Oh, me! | 我的天 |
[19:14] | Seriously, Kate, you have got to stop pining. | 说实在的 凯特 你的相思病该停停了 |
[19:16] | It’s very frustrating. | 实在是烦人 |
[19:18] | Here am I trying to conjure up a brilliant plot | 特别是当我在写关于一对身处异国的情人 |
[19:21] | involving parted lovers in an exotic foreign location | 这样绝妙情节的时候 |
[19:24] | and there you are making it impossible for me to think | 就是因为你 让我无法思考 |
[19:26] | because you are parted from your lover | 因为你和你的情人也正 |
[19:28] | who has gone off to an exotic foreign location. | 分处异国 |
[19:31] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[19:34] | Hang the futtock on! | 他妈的 等等 |
[19:40] | My dearest Snuggle Bunny, | 我亲爱的邦尼宝贝 |
[19:42] | I write from the Contessa’s antechamber, | 我正在伯爵夫人的接待室给你写信 |
[19:44] | where I await her presence. | 我在等她接见我 |
[19:46] | I wish she’d get a move on as I long | 我期望他能早些离开 |
[19:48] | to return only to you. | 因为我迫不及待想和你相会 |
[20:00] | Welcome, Signor Marlowe. | 欢迎 马洛先生 |
[20:01] | I hope you will allow me to practise my English on you. | 我希望您允许我向您请教英国文学 |
[20:04] | You can do anything to me you like, | 你可以对我做任何你想做的事 |
[20:06] | you captivating little pomodoro! | 迷人的小波莫多罗 |
[20:09] | My secretary is preparing a list of the Pope’s assassins, | 我的秘书正在准备一份教皇暗杀名单 |
[20:12] | which I think will be of interest to Signor Walsingham. | 我觉得这个沃尔辛厄姆先生会感兴趣 |
[20:15] | You will deliver it to him. | 还是交给他吧 |
[20:18] | Never mind the secret list. | 不要在意这个秘密名单 |
[20:20] | Will you have dinner with me tonight? | 你会和我一起吃晚饭吗 |
[20:22] | Oh, Signore Marlowe! | 噢 马洛先生 |
[20:25] | That would be so nice! | 你真是太好了 |
[20:27] | – Oh! – Except… | – 噢 – 但是… |
[20:29] | I have already agreed to a dinner with another English visitor, | 我已经同意和另外一位英国来访者一起进餐了 |
[20:34] | Signor Valentine. | 瓦伦丁先生 |
[20:40] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[20:42] | When you buy a boat ticket to Verona, | 当你买到维罗纳船票的时候 |
[20:44] | you expect to be taken to Verona, | 你也应该去那里的 |
[20:46] | not a tiny fishing village on the Channel coast, | 而不是在海峡岸边的小渔庄 |
[20:49] | which, outrageously, the shipping line | 不能容忍的是 航运公司将 |
[20:51] | have renamed Verona North, | 它改名为维罗纳北部 |
[20:53] | with coaches laid on to | 实际上 坐马车 |
[20:55] | cover the 750-mile transfer to Verona actual. | 到维罗纳要七百五十英里 |
[20:59] | Well, that’s what you get if you sail budget. | 是啊 这就是坐船便捷之处 |
[21:02] | Which actually turned out to be not very budget at all, | 但实际上 一旦你把其他一些因素算上去 |
[21:04] | once you factor in the extras, like the outrageous indulgence | 就一点儿也不划算 比如说你有点小放纵 |
[21:07] | of actually wanting to travel with a bag! | 想带包旅行 |
[21:10] | Which they lost! | 航运公司会把它弄丢 |
[21:11] | I mean, how? Just how? | 我的意思是 怎么回事 为什么会这样呢 |
[21:13] | They load the bag on, they take the bag off. | 是他们把包装上船 也是他们把包卸下来 |
[21:16] | Where is the window of opportunity to futtock that up? | 怎么会他妈发生这种可能呢 |
[21:19] | – Got put on the wrong boat! – Exactly. | – 一定是装错船了 – 没错 |
[21:21] | Even as we speak, | 即使在我们说话的时候 |
[21:23] | my brand-new holiday puffling pants, | 我想在广场上穿的那条 |
[21:24] | which I was really looking forward to wearing on the piazza, | 特意为崭新假期准备的燕尾裤 |
[21:27] | are off to North Virginia, | 正飞往北弗吉尼亚 |
[21:28] | where they will no doubt end up | 这无疑会淘汰北弗吉尼亚服饰 |
[21:30] | adorning the bottom of a scabby-arsed beaver trapper. | 底部劣质的海狸装饰品 |
[21:34] | Sorry, got distracted. | 抱歉 我被绊住了 |
[21:36] | So many amazing shops. | 这里有好多不可思议的商店 |
[21:38] | Is this the Contessa’s garden? | 请问这里是伯爵夫人的花园吗 |
[21:40] | Yes, Kate, it is, | 对 凯特 这里就是 |
[21:42] | and here you are, as I instructed, in guise of gadsome youth. | 并且你 在我指示下 伪装成了青年 |
[21:46] | Good effort, by the way. | 做的好 顺便提一下 |
[21:48] | Thanks. Knocked it up out of two curtains and a carpet. | 谢谢 是从两副窗帘和一块地毯上剪下来的 |
[21:50] | And now let us hide ourselves behind this small tree, | 现在我们藏在这棵小树后面吧 |
[21:54] | which, by strict convention, will render us invisible. | 并且照严格计算 我们不会被其他人看见 |
[21:56] | No doubt shortly Kit will come a-strolling | 不久后 基特就会来这里闲逛 |
[21:58] | and when he does, you must approach him and become his servant, | 当他来的时候 你要靠近他 然后为他服务 |
[22:02] | thus, not only will you be close to your love, | 因此 不仅你能更接近你的情人 |
[22:04] | but also, should his gladsome eye start to stray, | 他兴奋的眼神也会开始游离 |
[22:07] | you’ll be in a position to plead your own cause, | 这样你就能对他示爱 |
[22:09] | ever reminding him of his devoted Kate. | 让他想起她挚爱的凯特 |
[22:12] | Oh, my God, it’s brilliant! | 我的天哪 这太绝了 |
[22:14] | It’s double brilliant because I’m going to take it all down | 岂止是绝 我还要将要把它记下来 |
[22:17] | and use it for my play. | 写进我的剧本里 |
[22:18] | But, master, Mr Marlowe has known Kate for years, | 但是 先生 马洛先生已经认识凯特好几年了 |
[22:21] | he’s going to recognise her the second he sees her. | 他看一眼就能认出她 |
[22:23] | Of course he won’t, Bottom! | 不可能 博顿 |
[22:25] | She’s wearing puffling pants and a boy’s hat! | 她穿着燕尾裤和男孩子的帽子 |
[22:28] | He’s not clairvoyant! | 马洛没有洞察力 |
[22:31] | Sh! Come on, quick! | 嘘 来这儿 快 |
[22:32] | Oh, my lady love, canst you e’er be mine? | 噢 我亲爱的女士 你能成为我的吗 |
[22:36] | Oh… Oh, bugger! | 噢…噢 这家伙 |
[22:39] | Roses, that’s all I need! | 玫瑰 就是我要的 |
[22:41] | He weeps, he pines. | 他流泪 他痛苦了 |
[22:43] | He longs to get my kit off. | 他需要我 |
[22:46] | Now is your chance to get near him and plead your own troth. | 现在正是你靠近他的时机 实践诺言的时候 |
[22:48] | Off you go. | 去吧 |
[22:51] | – Ho, sirrah! – Who comes? | – 嘿 老兄 – 谁来了 |
[22:53] | Sorry, bit blurry, these damn roses | 不好意思 眼睛有点模糊 |
[22:55] | have made my eyes water. | 这些该死的玫瑰让我流泪 |
[22:57] | I do suffer from the summer snottage. | 我也患上在夏天会流鼻涕的毛病 |
[23:00] | Sweet! He doth seek to hide his love from me | 讨厌啦 他又在试图用夏天流鼻涕的借口 |
[23:03] | with the old summer snottage excuse. | 来隐藏对我的爱 |
[23:06] | See? He didst not recognise her! | 看到吧 他没认出来 |
[23:08] | His eyes are watering, he’s got the summer snottage. | 他眼睛进水了 因为有流鼻涕的毛病 |
[23:10] | It is not the bloody summer snottage, | 不是什么该死的流感 |
[23:12] | it’s because she is wearing puffling pants and a boy’s hat. | 是因为她穿着长裤和男帽 |
[23:15] | Tell me, what is your business here? | 说吧 有什么事 |
[23:17] | Why, only to serve you, my lord. | 没什么 就是想服侍您 大人 |
[23:18] | I am but a poor English boy far from home. | 我不过是个远离家乡的英国穷小子 |
[23:22] | Gadzooks, here’s a happy chance. | 哎呦 这机会不错 |
[23:23] | A servant will be useful in my pursuit of the divine Contessa. | 有个仆人对我追求神圣女伯爵会有所帮助 |
[23:27] | Very well, boy, you may enter my service | 好吧 小伙子 允你侍我左右 |
[23:29] | and know straightaway that I do love. | 马上让你知我所爱 |
[23:32] | Joy! He thinks only of me! | 好开心 他一心想着我 |
[23:35] | – See, my love comes! – What?! | – 看 我的真爱来了 – 什么 |
[23:37] | Now hide we must behind this small tree, | 我们现在就躲在这小树后面 |
[23:39] | which, by strict convention, will render us invisible. | 严格来说 会置我们于无形 |
[23:43] | I thought this might happen. | 这正如我所料 |
[23:45] | Kit’s eye hath lit upon another. | 基特已经在另寻新欢了 |
[23:47] | Brilliant, that’s the Act 2 opener right there. | 太好了 第二场就要揭幕了 |
[23:50] | Poor Kate, her heart will be broken. | 可怜的凯特 她要伤心了 |
[23:52] | Not for long. Soon will she reveal herself as a girl | 不会很久的 她很快就会表明自己的女孩身份 |
[23:54] | – and Marlowe’s love will be rekindled. – Or not. | – 马洛的爱会被重新点燃 – 或者不会 |
[23:58] | It is mine own Silvia. | 那是我亲爱的塞尔维亚 |
[23:59] | Is she not radiant? | 是不是光芒四射 |
[24:02] | Aye, sirrah, radiant indeed and yet… | 是的 先生 的确光芒四射 不过… |
[24:05] | be there no sweet English | 您在家乡就没有 |
[24:06] | girl at home who you do hold in your heart? | 让您心动的英国姑娘吗 |
[24:09] | Well, there was one, a bookish Polly Pure-pants | 有过一个 是个普通人家的书呆子 |
[24:11] | whom I thought I did love, but I am so over her! | 我以为我爱她 但都是过去式了 |
[24:14] | La bella Silvia be my love now. | 现在塞尔维亚才是我所爱 |
[24:18] | So far have I plighted my troth in vain, | 目前为止我的所有誓言都是徒劳 |
[24:20] | therefore I will send you in my stead. | 所以我要派你替我 |
[24:22] | You are a charming pleasant-voiced youth | 你是个声线诱人的小伙 |
[24:24] | and tis certain Silvia will lend you her ear. | 这次塞尔维亚肯定会倾耳细听 |
[24:28] | Here, give her this token of my love. | 给 把这个爱之象征交给她 |
[24:32] | Oh! This ring, sir, but… | 噢 这戒指 先生 但是 |
[24:36] | .. surely tis most precious to you. | 这对你一定及其珍贵 |
[24:38] | No, not really. Got it off a landlady’s daughter, | 也没有 从一个女房东女儿那得来的 |
[24:41] | can’t really see her having anything valuable to give away! | 没感觉她有什么值得珍惜的东西可以送人 |
[24:44] | Save perhaps her heart. | 或者只有真心吧 |
[24:49] | Kit sends Kate to plead on his behalf | 基特派凯特用她送的那个 |
[24:51] | with the very love token she gave him. | 定情信物代表他去求爱 |
[24:54] | Boom! Act 3 just wrote itself! | 嘭 第三场自己出来了 |
[24:56] | What a total bastable! | 真是十足的混蛋 |
[24:58] | Don’t worry, when she reveals herself, all will be well | 别担心 当她表明身份时 一切就会好起来了 |
[25:01] | – and I’ll have my finale. – Or not. | – 而我也就有了最后一场 – 或者没有 |
[25:06] | Madam, forgive my intrusion, | 女士 原谅我的打扰 |
[25:08] | but I bring word from my master, | 我的主人 克里斯托弗 |
[25:09] | Christopher Marlowe. | 马洛 让我给您捎个话 |
[25:11] | Signor Marlowe? | 马洛先生吗 |
[25:13] | What says he, girl? | 他有什么话 女孩 |
[25:14] | Boy. I am a boy. | 男孩 我是个男孩 |
[25:18] | I see you are confused with your gender, | 我被你的阴性气质混淆了 |
[25:20] | or perhaps just curious, is more common than people think. | 亦或只是好奇 比人们想到更常见 |
[25:23] | Well, then, boy… trapped in a girl’s body, | 那好吧 被困在女儿身里的男孩 |
[25:26] | what message have you for me? | 有什么消息给我 |
[25:28] | Only that my master does… | 就是我的主人确实 |
[25:32] | .. love you full well and, | 对您满心爱慕 |
[25:34] | as a token of his love, does offer you… | 而作为爱的象征 他想送您… |
[25:42] | .. this nipple ring, | …这个乳环 |
[25:43] | which didst pierce the nipples of his forebears. | 它曾穿洞穿他祖先们的乳头 |
[25:46] | Zounds, this lad doth have the very gift I gave Ka… | 哎呀 这小子的确有我给凯特的定情信物 |
[25:50] | It IS Kate, come in disguise the better to be near me! | 她就是凯特 乔装打扮以更方便接近我 |
[25:53] | And I’ve just sent her to declare my love for Silvia. | 我却派她向塞尔维亚表明爱意 |
[25:57] | Awkward! | 尴尬了 |
[25:59] | You can tell your master that | 你可以告诉你家大人 |
[26:01] | both my nipples be already pierced with finer jewels than this. | 我的两个乳头已经吊上了比这更好的珠宝 |
[26:04] | Besides, I do love another. | 而且 我另有所爱 |
[26:07] | My Valentine! | 我的瓦伦丁 |
[26:09] | And I love thee! | 我也爱你 |
[26:11] | A second lover! Brilliant, I’ll certainly use that. | 第三者 太棒了 太有用了 |
[26:15] | And now will Kate reveal herself. | 凯特现在要表明身份了 |
[26:17] | You were right to spurn Marlowe, Contessa, | 您蔑视马洛是对的 公爵夫人 |
[26:19] | for once he did love me. | 他的确曾爱过我 |
[26:25] | See how she doth shake out her hair most ravishingly. | 看她那令人陶醉的甩头发的方式 |
[26:28] | Now will Marlowe love her once again. | 现在马洛会重新爱上她 |
[26:30] | Kate, I’ve been a fool! | 凯特 我真傻 |
[26:32] | Forgive me. | 原谅我吧 |
[26:34] | Boom! Textbook stuff! I predict a double marriage. | 嘭 教科书式的剧本 我断测是两段姻缘 |
[26:37] | Or not. | 或者不是 |
[26:38] | Silvia, will you give me your hand? | 塞尔维亚 能把手给我吗 |
[26:41] | Yes! | 好 |
[26:42] | Kate, will you give me your hand? | 凯特 能把手给我吗 |
[26:44] | – Yes! – What did I tell you? | – 好 – 我说什么来着 |
[26:49] | English foreplay, I’ve heard of this! | 英式前戏 我听过这个 |
[26:52] | Summon the priest, bring the candles, burn the incense, | 把牧师叫来 摆上蜡烛 点上熏香 |
[26:56] | let the twin weddings begin. | 两对新人的婚礼这就开始 |
[27:04] | Back in Blighty at last and with my play as good as writ. | 最终在老家 剧本和演出都很顺利 |
[27:07] | I shall use it all. | 我应该全用上 |
[27:08] | The only tiny change is that, in my play, | 唯一的小变化就是 在我的戏里 |
[27:11] | I’ll have both couples marry at the end instead of only one | 我会在最终让这两对都喜结连理 |
[27:14] | while the other lover gets punched unconscious. | 而不是另一对爱人被打的不省人事 |
[27:18] | To be honest, I think I kind of dodged a bit of a musket ball. | 实话说 我觉得有几分避开子弹的感觉 |
[27:20] | I mean, you are a cracking-looking bird, | 我是说 你是个很可人的女孩 |
[27:22] | Kate, but a little bit scary. | 凯特 但是有点吓人 |
[27:24] | I think I dodged a musket ball too, Mr Marlowe. | 我也觉我避开了子弹 马洛先生 |
[27:26] | You are a handsome chap, | 你是个英俊的家伙 |
[27:28] | but a shallow, cheating bastable. | 但也是个肤浅 虚假的混蛋 |
[27:32] | Guilty as charged! | 罪名成立 |
[27:33] | I want to thank you, Kate, | 我要感谢你 |
[27:35] | for making me one of Walsingham’s favourites. | 让我成为一个沃尔辛厄姆的红人 |
[27:37] | Yes, it was clever of you, Kate, | 没错 你很聪明 凯特 |
[27:39] | to notice that the Contessa called for a priest | 能注意到公爵夫人叫了个牧师 |
[27:41] | and all the trappings of a Catholic wedding | 尽管自称基督教徒 |
[27:43] | despite claiming to be a Protestant. | 但却是全是天主教婚礼的装饰 |
[27:45] | Turned out she was a papist double agent. | 最终发现她是天主教双重间谍 |
[27:47] | and her secret assassin list a total plant. | 而她的杀手名单完全是编造的 |
[27:49] | I still think you should have told your sidekick, Valentine, | 我还是觉得你该告诉你的副手 瓦伦丁 |
[27:52] | that he was marrying a mortal enemy of the Crown. | 他要迎娶的是王室的天敌 |
[27:55] | Yeah, right, going to do that! | 没错 就那样做 |
[27:58] | But really, Mr Shakespeare, | 不过 莎士比亚先生 |
[28:00] | are you seriously going to write a story where the heroine, | 你真的要把故事写成女主角 |
[28:03] | having been completely cheated on | 一直受骗上当 |
[28:05] | and actually sent by her false boyfriend | 还被假男友派去用她送给他的定情戒指 |
[28:08] | to woo another girl with the very ring she gave him, | 忽悠另一个女孩 |
[28:11] | just takes the bastable back and marries him? | 就那样还原谅了那混蛋 然后嫁给了他 |
[28:13] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[28:14] | That is how The Two Gentlemen Of Verona will end. | 《《维洛那二绅士》》就要那样收尾 |
[28:18] | Honestly, it is not going to be one of your best. | 老实说 不会是你最好的一个 |
[28:24] | Well done, Kate, I wouldn’t have taken Marlowe back either. | 干得好 凯特 是我 也不会原谅马洛 |
[28:27] | Can’t put that in the play, though, wife. | 不过 夫人 戏里不能那样写 |
[28:29] | The Lord Chamberlain wants escapist romance, | 大臣要的是脱离现实的幽默 |
[28:32] | not gritty realism. | 不是坚韧的现实主义 |
[28:34] | What’s more, so do the punters. | 更重要的是 观众也是 |
[28:36] | I’ve writ my first comedy and I plan to write a shedload more. | 我写了我的第一部喜剧 而且计划写更多 |
[28:40] | Really, love, do you think that’s a good idea? | 亲爱的 你真觉得那是个好主意吗 |
[28:43] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[28:45] | Anyway, enough of my doings, | 不管怎样 先别管我的事了 |
[28:46] | how did Sue get on with the shy youth? | 苏和那个腼腆的小伙子相处的怎样了 |
[28:48] | Did my stratagem work? | 我的计策有用吗 |
[28:50] | Well, it sort of worked. | 嗯 算有用吧 |
[28:52] | Darren fell in love with me… | 达伦爱上了我… |
[28:54] | as Shane. | 其实是肖恩 |