英文名称:A Short Stay In Switzerland
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:25] | Mrs. Turner! | 特纳夫人 |
[01:27] | – What are you doing?! – Double-checking. | -你在干嘛 -再检查一下 |
[01:29] | You’re treble-checking what I’ve double-checked. | 你查的是第三遍了 我都检查过了 |
[01:31] | I’m confiscating this list. | 名单我没收了 |
[01:34] | One thing left to be done is for you to get yourself ready. | 唯一要你做的就是 赶快去准备一下 |
[01:37] | Clare and Richard are late with the flowers. | 克莱尔和理查德的花还没有买来 |
[01:39] | Get ready, please. | 赶紧去准备 |
[01:40] | Young fellow, what are you doing? | 小伙子 你在干嘛 |
[01:43] | We’re not going to let her bully us, are we, Flora? | 我们才不会受她恐吓呢 对吧 弗洛拉 |
[01:49] | Cats! well, at least they don’t get married | 猫咪 至少你们不用结婚 |
[01:52] | and make their mothers wear ridiculous hats. | 也不会逼你们母亲戴滑稽的帽子 |
[01:56] | What are you doing in your dressing gown?! | 你还穿着睡衣干什么 |
[01:58] | It all looks wonderful. | 所有东西都好极了 |
[02:00] | I think I will decide on that. | 好不好我自有主意 |
[02:03] | No-one will notice weeds, | 所有人都只会注意我 |
[02:04] | they’re going to be too busy looking at me! | 没人会留意那些草坪的 |
[02:06] | – Now go and get ready. – I can’t! | -赶紧去换衣服 -不行 |
[02:09] | – I can’t find my glasses! – Try looking in your handbag. | -我找不到眼镜了 -在你手袋里找找 |
[02:12] | Is Jack ready? | 杰克准备好了吗 |
[02:14] | Is your father ready?! | 你爸准备好了没 |
[02:19] | – Tea, do you want any? – Coming! Yeah, coming. | -你要来点茶吗 -来了 马上来 |
[02:33] | You’ll outshine that sister of yours. | 你会比你的妹妹们更亮眼的 |
[02:37] | Your father will be great. | 你父亲会很欣慰的 |
[02:39] | Yeah, he will be. | 是的 他会的 |
[02:41] | He’s waited for this day. | 他一直等着今天的到来 |
[02:57] | We’ve talked about this day for so long. | 我们期盼这个日子已经太久了 |
[03:05] | And now, the final touch. | 现在 它终于来了 |
[03:14] | I’m not cut out for this mother-of-the-bride business. | 我天生就不适合做新娘的母亲 |
[03:16] | I look like that madwoman patient of yours | 我就像个纠缠着你的 |
[03:18] | that pestered you. | 疯婆子病人 |
[03:19] | Wore those gigantic hats. | 戴着这顶巨大的帽子 |
[03:21] | I saw her once hatless, | 有一次她没有戴帽子 |
[03:23] | she had hair like the Eiffel Tower. | 头发就像埃菲尔铁塔 |
[03:25] | Oh, Jack, really, please! Keep control! Oh! | 杰克 拜托你控制一下 |
[03:38] | I’m sorry, darling. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[03:40] | We’ll get through today, | 我们会过好今天的 |
[03:42] | And Sophie will make us proud. | 索菲会成为我们的骄傲的 |
[03:45] | She always has. | 她一直都是 |
[03:48] | Clare and Richard are here at last. | 克莱尔和理查德终于来了 |
[03:50] | And they’re bickering as usual. | 和平常一样吵吵闹闹 |
[03:53] | Have it your way. I’ll carry these | 拿上你的 我拿这些 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1048个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:186个,六级词汇:83个,GRE词汇:82个,托福词汇:133个,考研词汇:197个,专四词汇:162个,专八词汇:16个, 所有生词标注共:329个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:56] | but I left them especially for you. | 我特意留给你的 |
[03:58] | Where are you going to put those? | 你要放哪里 |
[04:00] | I know where I’d like to put them. | 我知道要放哪里 |
[04:02] | I think they’ll fit better up yours. | 你最好选对地方 |
[04:05] | Where is everyone? | 人都去哪了 |
[04:07] | – Where’s Mrs Savery? – She’s within hearing distance. | -萨弗里夫人在哪 -我已经听到了 |
[04:11] | I’ll help this poor man unload some of his burden. | 我来帮这个可怜人减轻点负担 |
[04:15] | I wonder if they need help with Jack. | 我想他们需要有人帮忙照顾杰克 |
[04:17] | They can manage. | 他们有办法的 |
[04:27] | Are the cars ready? | 车准备好了吗 |
[04:35] | Don’t you make a lovely couple? | 你们真是般配的一对 |
[04:37] | Have you got your speech? | 你的发言准备好没 |
[04:39] | You’ve asked me twice. Yes, I’ve got my speech. | 你已经问了两次了 我当然准备好了 |
[04:46] | I don’t know which is beginning to wilt, mother or the hat. | 我不知道究竟哪个老了 是妈妈还是帽子 |
[04:50] | Daddy, yours is slipping. | 爸爸 你的帽子滑下来了 |
[05:06] | We’ve had the church wedding. | 我们在教堂举行了婚礼 |
[05:08] | And the ground hasn’t opened up and swallowed us. | 而现在的场面并不火热 |
[05:11] | I’m working on it. | 我在努力了 |
[05:14] | Ah, excuse me, I have this dance with Edward. | 失陪一下 我要和爱德华跳支舞 |
[05:18] | – Might convert him. – She’ll never change, will she? | -也许能改变他 -她不会变的 对吗 |
[05:22] | Not a chance. | 不可能的 |
[05:26] | Have you spoken to Jack? | 你跟杰克说话了吗 |
[05:28] | How do you think he looks? | 你觉得他看情况怎样 |
[05:31] | You’re as good a doctor as I am, Anne. What do you think? | 你跟我一样是医生 你觉得呢 |
[05:36] | He’s completely immobile, he doesn’t sleep, | 他完全不能动了 从不睡觉 |
[05:39] | he’s suffering terribly, | 他倍受煎熬 |
[05:41] | he can barely… | 他已经不太可能 |
[05:46] | The doctor in me tells me… | 我的医学经验告诉我 |
[05:49] | That it’s a dreadful way to die. | 那是最可怕的死法 |
[05:50] | It’s… | 就像 |
[05:53] | Can I say something awful? | 我知道这样说很吓人 |
[05:56] | We both know you have to be damned unlucky to go like this | 我们都知道被诅咒了才会像他那样 |
[05:59] | and we are doctors, so if it scares us, | 我们是医生 如果我们都害怕的话 |
[06:01] | How can I blame people for not going anywhere near him? | 怎能抱怨其他人不愿接近他呢 |
[06:06] | Not even you. | 包括你在内 |
[06:10] | My wonderful husband reduced to this. | 我优秀的丈夫变成这样了 |
[06:16] | Richard, go and talk to him, please. | 理查德 去跟他说说话吧 求你了 |
[06:31] | Hello, old friend. | 你好 老朋友 |
[06:39] | Actually, Anne… | 安娜 过来一下 |
[06:41] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[06:44] | She’s coming. | 她来了 |
[06:47] | Darling, I’ll be back in a moment. | 亲爱的 我很快回来 |
[07:23] | Smile, everyone! Hurry up, Sophie! | 大家笑一个 快点 索菲 |
[07:28] | Well done. Come on! Mind the tree! | 干得好 来吧 小心树 |
[07:31] | Over here! Mind, Flora! Jack, mind the cat! | 这边 弗洛拉小心 杰克 看着猫 |
[07:33] | That damn cat has a mind of its own. | 该死的猫 它会小心的 |
[07:35] | – Of course she has, she’s my cat! – Let me take that. | -当然 它可是我的猫咪 -让我来 |
[07:39] | Ok. | 好的 |
[07:43] | – Anne, where are you? – Mummy? | -安娜 你在哪 -妈咪 |
[07:46] | Daddy’s looking for you. | 爸爸在找你 |
[07:48] | Edward’s going to do his speech. | 爱德华要开始发言了 |
[07:49] | He’s been working on it for ages. | 他准备了很久了 |
[07:51] | Oh, dear. Is it very long? | 宝贝 会很长吗 |
[07:53] | I thought it was perfect but Sophie cut it. | 我觉得很好 可索菲已经缩短了 |
[07:55] | Good for Sophie. | 索菲干得好 |
[07:57] | Before I make a toast to the bride and groom, | 在我为新娘新郎祝酒前 |
[08:00] | I ask you to raise your glasses | 我想邀大家为他举杯 |
[08:02] | to the man who should be delivering | 原本应该是由他来发言的 |
[08:04] | this speech… our wonderful father. | 我们伟大的父亲 |
[08:07] | He’s been a tower of strength to Sophie, | 他一直以来甚至将来都是 |
[08:09] | to Jessica, to myself and to our mother, | 索菲 杰西卡 我还有母亲 |
[08:12] | all through our lives, and he continues to be so. | 一生中最信赖的人 |
[08:17] | He makes you all welcome to our house on this great day | 欢迎大家在这难忘的日子来到这里 |
[08:19] | and so I ask you to salute our parents… | 我邀请大家向我的父母致敬 |
[08:23] | To Dr Jack Turner and Dr Anne Turner. | 敬杰克·特纳医生和安娜·特纳医生 |
[08:27] | Jack and Anne. | 为了杰克和安娜 |
[08:32] | Guess who’s last to leave. | 猜猜谁还没走 |
[08:35] | Clare and Richard are having a nightcap. | 克莱尔和理查德在喝睡前酒 |
[08:38] | Why don’t you go and see them off? I can manage here. | 你去送送他们吧 这里我来就行了 |
[08:42] | Oh, thank you, darling. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[08:49] | My wife has just made the profound observation | 我妻子刚阐述了一些 |
[08:52] | that nature knows best. | 对生命深刻的理解 |
[08:53] | I’m pointing out she is, as usual, talking rot. | 我指出她像往常一样在胡说八道 |
[08:56] | And you’ll take his side, of course, you’ll stick together. | 你肯定会站在他那边的 们很团结 |
[08:59] | You doctors always do. | 你们医生都这样 |
[09:00] | Well, I know we’re not allowed | 我知道我们不允许 |
[09:02] | to help people die peacefully. | 对病人用安乐死 |
[09:03] | But we can watch them die of starvation! | 但我们却可以看着他们痛苦地死去 |
[09:10] | Hypocrisy annoys me, Clare. | 克莱尔 你的伪善气死我了 |
[09:13] | It’s been a long day. | 真是漫长的一天 |
[09:17] | We’d best be going. | 我们还是赶紧走吧 |
[09:18] | No, no, no. | 不 别 别 |
[09:20] | Drink the champagne, finish it. Enjoy it. | 把香槟喝完 好好享受 |
[09:23] | Enjoy everything while you can. | 在你还能享受的时候尽情享受吧 |
[09:26] | We had such plans, Jack and myself, when he retired. | 杰克退休的时候 我们计划得很好 |
[09:30] | A new life… | 崭新的生活 |
[09:32] | Oh, Clare, take that expression off your face! | 克莱尔 别摆出那副嘴脸 |
[09:34] | You’re looking sympathetic, it doesn’t suit you. | 同情的表情一点都不适合你 |
[09:39] | You look like a nun with halitosis. | 就像个口臭的修女 |
[09:42] | Well, thank you very much! If you’re not careful, | 好吧 真谢谢你 你要不小心 |
[09:44] | I’ll come and breathe all over you! | 我会熏死你的 |
[09:47] | Oh, get me a last glass of something, anything! | 给我也来一杯 什么都行 |
[09:51] | – That’ll do. – Get that down you. | -行了 -给你倒上 |
[09:55] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[09:59] | Did you put poison in this glass?! | 你在杯里下毒了吗 |
[10:01] | No, I merely looked at it. | 没有 我只是看了看而已 |
[10:03] | I want to see you drink it. | 我要看你喝光它 |
[10:21] | Come to an end. | 终于结束了 |
[10:25] | Life as we have known it. | 生命就像我们知道的一样 |
[10:30] | I wanted to be happy in our retirement. | 我想着退休后我会幸福的 |
[10:32] | I am angry he got ill, | 他病了我非常生气 |
[10:34] | we had better things to do than die! | 和死亡相比 我们有无数更美好的计划 |
[10:39] | Damn it! Damn it! | 该死的 该死 |
[10:50] | We’d better go. | 我们走吧 |
[11:25] | Right, has everyone done four handfuls? | 每个人都洒了四把吗 |
[11:27] | Sophie, you have, Jessica has, I have… | 索菲 你洒了 杰西卡洒了 我洒了 |
[11:29] | I’ve done three. | 我只洒了三把 |
[11:30] | Well, do a fourth. | 那就洒第四把 |
[11:34] | Think I’ve found something. | 好像有什么东西 |
[11:36] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[11:38] | Must be a screw from the coffin. | 肯定是棺材上的螺丝 |
[11:43] | If anybody says a word about your father | 如果有人说你们的父亲 |
[11:46] | having a screw loose. | 少了个螺丝的话 |
[12:11] | Mrs Turner, would you be angry | 特纳夫人 如果我拿刷子擦一擦 |
[12:13] | if I gave these a rub with a brush? | 你不会生气吧 |
[12:15] | Why would I be angry? | 我为什么要生气 |
[12:16] | Well, people are strange when it comes to dying. | 当提起死亡的时候 人总会变得奇怪 |
[12:21] | It’s hard to let go of | 对于深爱的人和他的一切 |
[12:22] | who we love and all they had about them. | 我们总是很难释怀 |
[12:25] | Do you believe in ghosts? | 你相信有鬼魂吗 |
[12:27] | It’s not the dead put the wind up me, it’s the living. | 比起死人 我更害怕活人 |
[12:30] | No, no superstitions, I don’t entertain them. | 不要迷信 我不会拿他们开玩笑的 |
[12:42] | I’m glad you’re bearing up. | 我很高兴你撑住了 |
[12:46] | Doctor Turner is a very big loss. | 特纳医生的死是非常大的遗憾 |
[12:51] | You know what has to be done and you do it, | 你知道你该做什么而且你做到了 |
[12:52] | and more power to you, I say. | 我会说 你更加坚强了 |
[12:56] | Oh, Jesus, I poison you with compliments! | 天哪 我的恭维伤害了你 |
[12:58] | Come on, back to work, both of us! | 来吧 我们一起继续工作吧 |
[13:45] | Damnation! | 该死的 |
[14:12] | Diana? | 戴安娜 |
[14:15] | Could you get me a couple of plasters or something? | 你能帮我拿点药膏吗 |
[14:17] | Look at this. | 你看我的手 |
[14:19] | Tripped for no good reason. | 毫无理由地摔倒了 |
[14:20] | – There you are. – What would I do without you? | -给你 -没有你我该怎么办啊 |
[14:23] | See you later. Surgery? | 再见 这里是门诊 |
[14:27] | So you have a fair idea of the tests we’ll need? | 你了解你要做的化验吗 |
[14:30] | Yes, and I’ll do them all. | 是的 我全部都要做 |
[14:32] | – Well, I’ll arrange… – I have no | -那我安排 -我没有意见 |
[14:34] | doubts about it. It’s what I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[14:36] | – Having a child… – Have you got children? | -怀上一个孩子 -你有孩子吗 |
[14:39] | Three. | 3个 |
[14:41] | My mother’s very ill. | 我母亲病危了 |
[14:43] | A stroke. | 她中风了 |
[14:45] | A whole series of small ones then a whammer. | 一连串小病后的巨大打击 |
[14:48] | She whispered something to me after the first. | 她一见到我就在我耳边说 |
[14:52] | She said, “love your children. “ | 她说 “要爱你的孩子” |
[14:57] | Your mother sounds very wise. | 听起来你母亲十分睿智 |
[15:08] | Edward. | 爱德华 |
[15:19] | Edward? | 爱德华 |
[15:21] | Thank you for all this. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[15:26] | How could I manage? | 我一个人肯定做不来的 |
[15:27] | I love it, you know I do. | 我喜欢干这些 你知道的 |
[15:29] | Makes a pleasant change from the office in London… | 这是愉快的改变 从伦敦的办公室 |
[15:34] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[15:38] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[15:42] | Oh, don’t take any notice. | 别太在意 |
[15:44] | It’s the house, so quiet without daddy. | 是房子 爸爸不在太安静了 |
[15:55] | Would it devastate you if I were to sell it? | 如果我卖了它 你会崩溃吗 |
[16:00] | Oh, snap me out of this, | 爱德华 我得振作起来 |
[16:01] | Edward, I’m being maudlin! | 我现在太脆弱了 |
[16:02] | I should do something to help, hard work! | 我该做点什么的 这太难了 |
[16:05] | What do you want me to do? | 你想我怎样 |
[16:07] | I’d like you to go back in the kitchen | 你现在回厨房去 |
[16:09] | and make a cup of tea, please, | 泡上一杯茶 |
[16:10] | Because in the garden you are Genghis Khan. | 在花园里你就是成吉思汗 |
[16:14] | Really! | 真的吗 |
[16:16] | It was his children drove Genghis Khan to destruction! | 是成吉思汗的孩子葬送了他的王朝 |
[16:19] | And I sympathise! | 我深表同情 |
[16:25] | – How was she? – She seems very emotional all the time. | -她怎样了 -她最近很情绪化 |
[16:28] | Never know if she’s going to bite your head off, | 搞不懂什么时候会大发脾气 |
[16:31] | laugh or cry. | 一会哭一会笑 |
[16:32] | She’s still in mourning, Edward. | 爱德华 她还在戴孝 |
[16:34] | Has she mentioned selling the house? | 她提过卖房子的事吗 |
[16:36] | No, I’m not selling it. | 我没有要卖 |
[16:38] | I wasn’t being serious. | 我不是认真的 |
[16:40] | Edward that worried about losing his garden? | 爱德华那么担心失去他的花园吗 |
[16:42] | He’s worried about you grieving. | 他是怕你太伤心了 |
[16:44] | Well, why can’t he speak out? Why send you? | 那他自己怎么不说 干嘛派你来 |
[16:47] | He didn’t. I came myself. | 他没派我来 我自己来的 |
[16:50] | I expect Jessica as well. | 我猜杰西卡也一样 |
[16:52] | Are you all on a mission? | 你们是执行任务吗 |
[16:53] | Why are you so touchy? This has come out of the blue. | 你干嘛这么敏感 为何这么突然 |
[16:56] | What has? | 什么突然 |
[16:57] | Selling the house, moving. | 卖房子 搬走 |
[17:00] | I said I’m not! It’s just… Oh, | 我说了我没有 只是 |
[17:03] | It’s just such a big house to maintain. | 这么大的房子太难打理了 |
[17:06] | There are always things going wrong. | 常常有东西坏掉 |
[17:09] | The lights keep blowing. | 灯经常都烧掉 |
[17:10] | Have to get an electrician in. | 要找个电工来了 |
[17:12] | It’s just one thing after another… | 总是接二连三的 |
[17:15] | And I’ve had a few nasty falls. | 我还重重地摔了一跤 |
[17:17] | It’s probably nothing, just me being careless, | 应该没什么事 只是我不小心 |
[17:20] | – I expect. – You must go to the doctor! | -我猜 -你一定要去看医生 |
[17:23] | Sophie, I’ve been practising medicine for thirty years. | 索菲 我已经从医30年了 |
[17:25] | I don’t need advice! | 我不需要你来指教 |
[17:35] | – Say something. – And have you bite my head off? | -说话啊 -你是在生我的气吗 |
[17:40] | You’re tearing up plants, mother, stop it! | 妈妈 你会毁了这些植物的 住手 |
[17:43] | They’re my ruddy plants to tear up! | 我有权处理我自己的该死的植物 |
[17:55] | Say nothing to your brother and sister. | 什么都不要跟你哥哥姐姐说 |
[17:58] | Then you’ll go to a doctor. | 那你要去看医生 |
[18:01] | Promise? | 说定了 好吗 |
[18:03] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:04] | But I break promises, it’s part of my charm. | 不过毁约就是我的魅力所在 |
[18:23] | I think I’ve found the problem! | 我想我发现问题了 |
[18:25] | Mrs Turner, are you there? | 特纳夫人 你在吗 |
[18:27] | See what he wants. I’ll take these upstairs. | 看他需要什么 我把这些拿上楼 |
[18:31] | Coming! | 来了 |
[18:37] | Don’t tell me this is going to be a big job. | 别告诉我需要大修 |
[18:51] | Mrs Turner! Jesus Christ, Mrs Turner! | 我的天哪 特纳夫人 |
[18:54] | – We’ll have to lift her! – Don’t move a muscle of her! | -我们把她抬起来 -千万别移动她 |
[18:57] | We’ll have to fetch a doctor. Well, get a move on! | 要找个医生来 赶快去 |
[19:00] | I’ll stay with her. | 我留下来看着她 |
[19:03] | What is the matter with you, Mrs Turner? | 你怎么了 特纳夫人 |
[19:06] | Oh, is there much blood? | 是不是留了很多血 |
[19:08] | Don’t you worry about that. | 你就别担心了 |
[19:11] | Is the laundry ruined? | 床单岂不是白洗了 |
[19:12] | All that ironing for nothing. | 刚刚都白熨了 |
[19:15] | I’ll give you a hand… | 我来帮你 |
[19:19] | Just you stay put one move and I’ll give you laundry. | 待着别动 我会帮你洗的 |
[19:47] | What is happening to me? | 我怎么了 |
[19:52] | What is happening? | 我到底怎么了 |
[20:20] | Jack, Sophie, Edward, Jessica. | 杰克 索菲 爱德华 杰西卡 |
[20:24] | Jessica, Edward, Sophie, Jack. | 杰西卡 爱德华 索菲 杰克 |
[20:28] | Help me, help me. | 帮我 帮帮我 |
[20:32] | Help me, help me. | 帮我 帮帮我 |
[21:17] | Worst diagnosis I could have had. | 这是我做过最糟的体检 |
[21:19] | – You would agree with that, I presume? – Yes. | -我猜你也同意 -没错 |
[21:23] | The odds of this happening twice in one | 在同一个家庭成员身上复发的 |
[21:27] | family must be many millions to one. | 机率是万分之一 |
[21:32] | So… | 所以 |
[21:34] | A bomb going off slowly but surely inside my body, | 一个炸弹缓慢的在我体内爆炸 |
[21:41] | and there is nothing to be done, is there? | 我们却无能无力 |
[21:47] | You could lie to me, Richard. | 你本可以骗我的 理查德 |
[21:49] | You could comfort me. | 你本可以安慰我一下的 |
[21:53] | I know you too well not to, Dr Turner. | 我太了解你了 特纳医生 |
[21:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[22:00] | Thank you for sparing me nothing, I do prefer that. | 谢谢你告诉我 我宁愿知道 |
[22:23] | Courage, boys, courage. | 勇气 孩子 勇气 |
[22:35] | Richard, it’s me. | 理查德 是我 |
[22:37] | I’m at the surgery. | 我在诊所 |
[22:39] | I might appreciate that lift home. Thanks. | 能来接我回家吗 谢谢 |
[23:06] | Still taking it all in… | 目前我还是无法 |
[23:09] | the news. | 接受它 |
[23:12] | – One thing to ask. – Fire away. | -只想问一件事 -说吧 |
[23:15] | Any point in more tests? | 有必要做更多测试吗 |
[23:20] | Any hope they could be wrong? | 有测试出错的可能吗 |
[23:23] | Well, there’s always hope, Anne. | 永远都有希望的 安娜 |
[23:29] | Have you said anything to the children? | 你告诉孩子们了吗 |
[23:32] | Well, what will they be able to do? | 他们能做什么呢 |
[23:34] | You need to tell them. | 你需要告诉他们 |
[23:39] | Would you like me to break the news? I’m happy to do it. | 要让我宣布吗 我愿意效劳 |
[23:42] | Then one of us is. | 反正是我们其中一个 |
[23:47] | More tests, then? | 那就再多做些测试吧 |
[23:52] | Let battle commence. | 开始战斗吧 |
[25:11] | Psp. | 渐进性核上性麻痹 |
[25:14] | Progressive supranuclear palsy. | 渐进性核上性麻痹 |
[25:22] | Are you going to say nothing? | 你们不发表点意见吗 |
[25:25] | Better ask me what it bloody is while I can still answer you. | 最好趁我还能回答时问我那是什么鬼东西 |
[25:33] | Is it… is it like daddy’s? | 是像爸爸那样吗 |
[25:36] | Worse. | 更糟 |
[25:37] | – This can’t happen twice. – It has. | -不可能这么巧的 -但却发生了 |
[25:40] | It can’t. It can’t, they must be wrong. | 不能 不可能 一定是弄错了 |
[25:43] | No… they’re not wrong, Sophie. | 不 没有错 索菲 |
[25:51] | What are the symptoms? | 有什么症状 |
[25:53] | Can’t speak. Can’t swallow, fed by tube. | 不能说话 不能吞食 食管灌食 |
[25:56] | Can’t see. May not be able to even blink. | 看不见 可能连眨眼都不行 |
[25:59] | I’m already prone to uncontrollable | 我开始控制不了自己的 |
[26:02] | fits of laughter, tears, rage, | 喜怒哀乐 |
[26:04] | for no reason. Falling backwards… | 毫无原因 退化 |
[26:06] | that’s how it’s even worse | 就是这些症状 |
[26:08] | than what killed your father, to put it bluntly. | 比你们爸爸的更严重 |
[26:14] | That is psp. | 这就是渐进性核上性麻痹 |
[26:18] | That is what I have. It’s rotten bad luck. | 就是我得的病 背死了 |
[26:28] | What are we going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[26:29] | I’ve made up my mind. | 我已经决定了 |
[26:32] | I don’t want to hear this. | 我不想听 |
[26:34] | I would like you to respect my decision. | 我希望你们尊重我的决定 |
[26:37] | What have you decided? | 你决定了什么 |
[26:40] | Suicide. | 自杀 |
[26:46] | What have you just said? | 你说什么 |
[26:50] | Would you be so kind as to repeat what you have just said? | 你能好心地重复一次吗 |
[26:53] | No, I wouldn’t, Sophie. | 我做不到 索菲 |
[26:55] | – Why not? – Because three of you have me clearly. | -为什么 -因为你们听得很清楚了 |
[26:57] | How else would you like me to tell you? Morse code? | 你们还希望我怎么说 摩斯密码吗 |
[27:00] | Bush telegraph? Smoke signals? | 还是用密电 或者烟雾信号 |
[27:02] | I think the world’s gone mad. | 整个世界都彻底疯了 |
[27:03] | – I feel remarkably sane. – That makes one of us. | -我感觉很正常 -是要把我们逼疯了 |
[27:06] | What’s has made you decide? | 是什么让你下的决心 |
[27:08] | It’s been decided for me, Edward. | 这是注定的 爱德华 |
[27:09] | How has it? | 怎么可能 |
[27:11] | The disease, Jessica, that’s what’s decided it. | 杰西卡 就是这个病决定的 |
[27:15] | We can’t allow you to kill yourself. | 我们不许让你自杀 |
[27:17] | Allow me? | 不许 |
[27:19] | I can’t, mum. | 我不同意 妈妈 |
[27:22] | None of the three of us can. | 我们三个都不同意 |
[27:23] | – Excuse me. – Mother, please, you must discuss this. | -失陪了 -妈妈 求你了 再讨论一下吧 |
[27:27] | – No discussion. – Don’t be so damn selfish. Listen to me. | -不用讨论了 -别这么自私 听我说 |
[27:30] | She’s just had dreadful news. So have we. | 她和我们一样刚听到这糟糕的消息 |
[27:33] | Edward. Come on. | 爱德华 来 |
[27:38] | Please don’t let this happen. | 上帝保佑不要发生这些 |
[27:42] | Please. | 上帝保佑 |
[27:50] | Will you read this? | 能读读这个吗 |
[27:56] | – Do you see what it is? – Times and dates and days | -知道这是什么吗 -时间和日期 |
[27:59] | – What do they mean? – You’ll know I’ve | -是什么意思 -你知道我已经 |
[28:02] | already fallen down the stairs, | 从楼梯上摔下来了 |
[28:04] | Well, here are the rest of those memorable occasions | 这些是其他值得纪念的 |
[28:06] | when I could no longer control myself. | 我无法控制自己的场合 |
[28:09] | They are a record of each time I’ve fallen, | 这些是我摔倒 |
[28:12] | or dropped what I was holding, | 拿不住手里的东西 |
[28:16] | or was helpless. | 或者无能为力时的记录 |
[28:18] | That is my list. Look at the length of it. | 这就是我的清单 看它有多长 |
[28:23] | This is already happening so often. | 这些已经时常发生了 |
[28:26] | Is this what you want for me? | 这是你们希望的吗 |
[28:30] | We just want you to live. | 我们希望你活着 |
[28:34] | So do I, Jessica. | 我也希望 杰西卡 |
[28:35] | We want to help you. We’ll all help you. | 我们想帮你 我们都会帮你的 |
[28:40] | All right. Tell me. | 好吧 告诉我 |
[28:43] | Mention palliative care, though, and I’ll turn violent. | 用消极治疗方法 我就会变得暴躁 |
[28:46] | Perhaps you’ll lock me in the bedroom? | 你可能会把我锁在房间里 |
[28:49] | Face it, did the same thing to your poor father. | 醒醒吧 像对你可怜的父亲一样对我 |
[28:51] | You did the very best for him. | 你给他做了最好的安排 |
[28:53] | That’s why we ask you to let us do the same for you. | 所以我们求你让我们也能这样对你 |
[28:56] | Be there for you. | 在你身边陪着你 |
[29:01] | What do you want me to do? | 你们想让我怎么做 |
[29:03] | You could move into a house you can cope with. | 你可以搬进你能打理的房子 |
[29:09] | – Single storey. – A bungalow? | -一层 -平房吗 |
[29:14] | Dear, dear, you’d put me in a bungalow. | 天哪 你要把我放到平房里 |
[29:17] | It makes sense, mother. | 这很合理 妈妈 |
[29:20] | Don’t dazzle me with sense, Sophie, | 别跟我讲大道理 索菲 |
[29:22] | it was never your strong point. | 这不是你的强项 |
[29:24] | A bungalow! Bungalow! | 平房 平房 |
[29:27] | Perhaps if I keep saying it I might | 没准我不停的说就会 |
[29:29] | resist the temptation to emigrate. | 抵挡住移民的诱惑 |
[29:31] | I hear Eastbourne’s lively. | 我听到了伊斯特本的呼唤 |
[29:32] | I wonder if it’s full of bungalows! | 我猜那里肯定都是平房 |
[29:37] | She makes it sound like | 她说的好像我们 |
[29:38] | we’re putting her in the workhouse. | 要把她放到救济院一样 |
[29:40] | – I heard that! – You were meant to! | -我听到了 -你是成心的 |
[30:03] | I knew it. Looks like a scout hut. | 我知道 看起来想侦查兵的帐篷 |
[30:07] | It’s less than a mile from home. | 离家不到1英里 |
[30:09] | It might just as well be Edinburgh. | 跟爱丁堡一样 |
[30:15] | The cat will hate it. | 猫会讨厌这里的 |
[30:17] | It’s not perfect, but then, what is? | 这都不完美的话 还有什么完美呢 |
[30:23] | – I’m sorry. – I was to cried in front of everyone | -对不起 -我都要 |
[30:27] | in the town by now, it’s ridiculous. | 在大家面前哭了 这太荒谬了 |
[30:30] | I’m either crying or losing my rag completely. | 我要么大哭要么就大发脾气 |
[30:33] | Sophie, you should tell me to pull myself together. | 索菲 你应该让我振作起来 |
[30:35] | Really should. | 真的应该 |
[30:43] | It’s low maintenance. | 很容易打理 |
[30:45] | All on one level, obviously. | 很明显都在一层 |
[30:48] | No stairs to fall down. | 没有楼梯也不会摔倒 |
[30:50] | I’ll ignore that cheap remark. | 我会忽略这个评价的 |
[30:52] | Really warm, not in the least bit drafty. | 很暖和 一点也不漏风 |
[30:54] | It does have potential. | 很有升值潜力 |
[30:56] | Am I in the company of two estate agents? | 我是在和两个房地产经纪一起看房吗 |
[30:59] | We’re trying our best. | 我们尽力了 |
[31:01] | I do appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[31:03] | You will make it bearable. | 你们让房子变得可以忍受 |
[31:06] | Here is where I have to manage, | 这就是我要凑合的地方 |
[31:09] | – then so be it. – We can bring things from home. | -就这样吧 -我们可以从家里带东西来 |
[31:11] | Yes, we can. | 当然 |
[31:12] | We’ll be absolutely fine. | 我们会过得很好 |
[31:15] | Edward, the garden. We’ll have a look, | 爱德华 花园 我们去看看 |
[31:17] | see what we can do with that. | 看能做什么调整 |
[31:32] | It’s the garden I’ll miss most about the house. | 我最想念的地方就是花园 |
[31:35] | Me, who couldn’t grow a daisy! | 我连朵雏菊都种不活 |
[31:40] | Cheer up, Edward, | 高兴点 爱德华 |
[31:42] | You can do anything with a garden. | 你可以随心所欲装饰花园 |
[31:44] | Come spring, who knows? | 春天来了 谁知道呢 |
[31:47] | Might be thriving. | 花草可能会蓬勃生长 |
[31:49] | We’ll need to make up a rota – who stays when. | 我们要做个轮值表 确定谁值哪班 |
[31:53] | No, I don’t think that’s going to work. | 我觉得行不通 |
[31:55] | – Look. – What? | -看 -什么 |
[31:58] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[32:04] | She doesn’t want to live here. | 她不想住在这里 |
[32:07] | – She doesn’t want to live. – Well, I want her to. | -她不想活下去了 -但是 我想 |
[32:10] | And so do you. | 你们也是 |
[32:12] | And we will help her. | 我们会帮她的 |
[32:56] | Mrs Turner, are you not frozen in that garden? | 特纳女士 你在花园冻僵了吗 |
[33:02] | The year’s turning quickly. | 时间过得真快 |
[33:04] | Come inside to the heat. | 进来烤烤暖气 |
[33:09] | We’re a right pair, Flora. | 我们是天生的一对 弗洛拉 |
[33:19] | You really shouldn’t go outside. | 你真的不该出去 |
[33:21] | I know that, you know, but it’s a waste of breath telling you. | 我知道 你也知道 再说是浪费口舌 |
[33:25] | Yes, it is, I’m afraid. | 是的 我害怕 |
[33:26] | Are you still going to the coffee shop? | 还去咖啡店吗 |
[33:29] | Clare has insisted. I daren’t cross her. | 克莱尔很坚持 我不敢惹她生气 |
[33:38] | Here we go. Coffee looks dreadful. | 来了 咖啡看着真可怕 |
[33:43] | Don’t let me eat any of that cake. | 这个蛋糕我一口都不吃 |
[33:47] | – Why did you buy it? – Temptation. | -那你为什么买 -诱惑 |
[33:50] | I must resist. I must be good. | 我一定要抵挡住 |
[33:54] | Oh, such willpower! | 就这意志力吗 |
[33:57] | – Share it. – Oh, I daren’t, putting in weight as it is. | -分了吧 -我不敢 那会长胖对吧 |
[34:01] | You must get back on the tennis courts. | 你一定要重回网球场 |
[34:03] | Shall I use this as a racket? | 我能把这当拍子用吗 |
[34:06] | Really, Clare, my tennis days are over. | 真的 克莱尔 我的网球生涯结束了 |
[34:10] | You needn’t tell me. | 不用跟我说 |
[34:11] | I’m now partnered with that dreadful Mrs Phelps. | 我现在和可怕的菲尔普斯夫人搭档 |
[34:14] | You know, I pointed her out to you one day. | 你知道的 那天我指给你看的 |
[34:15] | Very tall woman, voice like a parrot. | 很高的女人 声音像鹦鹉 |
[34:19] | Vaguely resembles the duke of Edinburgh, | 和爱丁堡的公爵有点像 |
[34:22] | Yes. Perfect! Slightly more hair. | 没错 就多了点头发 |
[34:29] | Oh, god, Anne! What’s going on? | 上帝啊 安娜 怎么了 |
[34:35] | And you can stop staring. | 你们不用瞪着看了 |
[34:37] | – It’s none of your bloody business. – Want to go home. | -不关你们的事 -我想回家 |
[34:40] | – Get me home. – Yes, of course, go home. | -带我回家 -当然 回家 |
[34:42] | Just stay there. | 别管他了 |
[34:52] | Shall I give you a hand into the house? | 要我扶你进屋吗 |
[34:54] | You do and I’ll wallop you with this stick. | 你要是这么干我就用这棒子揍你 |
[34:57] | That’s the spirit! Mrs Savery. | 就要这种精神 萨弗里夫人 |
[35:03] | You can lean on me if you like. | 你可以靠在我身上 |
[35:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:09] | Sophie rang. She’s coming down. | 索菲打了电话 她正往这里来 |
[35:11] | No, not today. | 不 今天不行 |
[35:12] | Not today, no. | 今天不行 |
[35:16] | Right, well, that’s me done and dusted. | 好了 弄完了一尘不染 |
[35:19] | Yes, I’ve left the money. | 好 我已经留下钱了 |
[35:21] | Collected, thank you. Are you sure you have everything? | 已经拿了 谢谢 你确定你吃药了吗 |
[35:24] | The medication – you know exactly how much? | 药 你知道要吃多少吗 |
[35:27] | Thank you, Mrs Savery. | 谢谢 萨弗里夫人 |
[35:29] | – Shall I phone Sophie? – No. | -要我打给索菲吗 -不用 |
[35:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:33] | So I won’t. Till tomorrow, then. | 那就不打 留到明天 |
[35:36] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[36:18] | Damn! That article’s useful. | 该死的 那文章很有用 |
[36:21] | Import… | 很重要 |
[36:57] | I’m not a doctor any more. | 我已经不是医生了 |
[37:02] | I can’t practise any more. | 再也不能练习了 |
[37:06] | It’s gone. | 都过去了 |
[37:12] | What is to become of us, Flora? | 我们都成了什么了 弗洛拉 |
[37:16] | No more cat food today, eh? | 今天没有猫粮吃了 |
[37:20] | I won’t even be able to open the ruddy can. | 我连罐头都打不开了 |
[37:24] | We might starve to death, darling. | 我们会饿死的 亲爱的 |
[37:29] | Come on, darling | 来 亲爱的 |
[37:33] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[37:41] | I thought it was all so well planned out but it’s not, | 我以为一切都计划的很好 但不是的 |
[37:46] | is it, little one? | 对吧 小家伙 |
[37:48] | It’s not. | 不是的 |
[37:59] | It’s now or never, Flora. | 尽情享受现在吧 弗洛拉 |
[39:11] | So no need to call, having an early night. | 不用打电话 早点睡 |
[39:16] | Not that early, surely. | 也不用这么早啊 |
[40:03] | Where are you, mother? | 你在干什么 妈妈 |
[40:32] | Is she all right, Mrs Savery? | 她还好吗 萨弗里夫人 |
[40:33] | Why would she tell me not to come? | 为什么她说我不用来了 |
[40:37] | When? | 什么时候 |
[40:40] | Ok. | 好 |
[40:50] | I can’t pick you up, darling. I might fall. | 我不能抱你起来 亲爱的 会摔倒的 |
[40:55] | And I’m so ruddy tired. | 我累死了 |
[40:57] | I really am. | 真的 |
[41:09] | Edward, it’s me, I’m coming to get you. | 爱德华 是我 我来接你 |
[41:49] | I can’t just leave work. | 我不能走开 |
[41:51] | No, look, I don’t care how busy you are. | 我不关心你有多忙 |
[41:53] | Give me an hour at least. | 最起码再给我一个小时 |
[41:54] | No, Jessica. Something’s wrong. | 不行 杰西卡 出事了 |
[41:56] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[41:57] | Be ready in ten minutes. | 10分钟内准备好 |
[41:59] | Edward! | 爱德华 |
[42:55] | Jessica, come on, now! | 杰西卡 跟上 快 |
[42:57] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[42:59] | Mother? | 妈妈 |
[43:01] | Mother? | 妈妈 |
[43:02] | Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[43:18] | Oh, I want to die. | 我想死 |
[43:22] | Oh, let me die… | 让我死吧 |
[43:26] | Let me die. | 让我死 |
[43:27] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没事了 没事了 |
[43:31] | If I were a dog, I’d put myself down. | 如果我是条狗 就可以人道毁灭了 |
[43:37] | I want to die. | 我想死 |
[43:42] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[43:51] | Should we call an ambulance? | 要叫救护车吗 |
[45:15] | Do you think we should wake her? | 我们要叫醒她吗 |
[45:17] | I don’t think we should wake her. | 我觉得不要叫醒她 |
[45:19] | Why don’t you get some sleep? | 你去睡会儿吧 |
[45:20] | I can stay and watch her. | 我留下来照顾她 |
[45:22] | We have to face what’s happened. | 我们要面对现实 |
[45:24] | – What exactly it means. – Can’t it wait? | -要知道她吃了什么 -不能缓缓吗 |
[45:26] | I don’t think it can. | 不能 |
[45:28] | I’m going to call Richard. | 我去打给理查德 |
[45:55] | Just let her rest. It’ll be what she needs. | 让她歇歇 她需要休息 |
[45:59] | You’ll have to spend a few days looking after her. | 你们要花几天来照顾她 |
[46:01] | Well, one of you will. | 你们得留个人 |
[46:03] | Are you surprised she’s done it, Richard? | 你料到了她会这么做吗 理查德 |
[46:05] | I’m surprised at the way she’s tried. | 我没料到她竟然尝试这种方法 |
[46:08] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[46:10] | It’s not easy to kill yourself with these. | 用这样的方式自杀并不容易的 |
[46:14] | They have built-in antidotes. | 他们已经嵌入了解药 |
[46:16] | Did she not know that? | 她不知道吗 |
[46:18] | Maybe she was forgetful. | 可能是她太健忘了 |
[46:20] | Maybe she was desperate. | 也许是她太绝望了 |
[46:30] | We can never leave her alone again. | 我们不能再丢下她了 |
[46:32] | We can’t be here morning, noon and night, the three of us. | 我们三个 不可能早中晚都在这里 |
[46:35] | If we have to, we have to, because this is a cry for help. | 如果必须这样 只能如此 因为这是在求救 |
[46:38] | It isn’t, Jessica. | 你错了 杰西卡 |
[46:39] | You can’t want her to die. | 你不能盼着她死 |
[46:42] | Jessica, it’s not a question of whether she lives or dies. | 杰西卡 这不是她是死是活的问题 |
[46:45] | It’s a question of making a choice | 是她在两种死法之间做选择 |
[46:47] | between a good death and a bad death. | 是好死还是赖死 |
[46:49] | Do you want her to suffer or not to suffer? | 你想让她受苦还是痛快的死 |
[46:51] | That’s the choice she has to make. So do we. | 那是她必须做的选择 我们也一样 |
[46:58] | I quite understand you’re all furious with me. | 我很理解你们都生我气的原因 |
[47:03] | – Causing such a fuss. – None of us are furious. | -弄得你们大惊小怪 -我们并没有怪你 |
[47:06] | – How could we be? – Did you want us to find you dead? | -我们怎么会呢 -你想让我们看着你死吗 |
[47:09] | Why do what you did? Why put yourself through all this? | 为什么要那么做 你为什么要折磨自己 |
[47:16] | There are people worse off. | 很多人的情况比你更糟 |
[47:18] | Not when this disease is finished with me. | 只要我还在忍受这折磨 就没人比我更痛苦 |
[47:22] | I want to die. | 我想要死 |
[47:25] | I ask you not to stop me. | 请你们不要阻止我 |
[47:28] | – Don’t ask that. – Do you know what you’re saying? | -别这样 -你知道你在说什么吗 |
[47:35] | I’d thought of a thousand ways to tell the three of you, | 我在想法设法的告诉你们三个 |
[47:40] | but I don’t know how to do it. | 但我不知道该怎么讲 |
[47:47] | I’ve heard of this… | 我听说 |
[47:51] | Oh… I can’t think of the word, | 叫什么我想不起来了 |
[47:56] | My mind isn’t entirely clear. | 我的头脑不是很清晰 |
[47:59] | It’s an organisation in Switzerland. | 那是个瑞士的组织 |
[48:03] | Based there. | 总部在那 |
[48:05] | What do they do? | 他们做什么 |
[48:08] | They’d let you die if you want to. | 如果你选择死亡 他们可以满足你 |
[48:13] | They have the decency to do that. | 而且他们做的很好 |
[48:19] | Sophie, will you phone them for me? | 索菲 你能帮我给他们打个电话吗 |
[48:22] | I hate talking on the phone now. | 我现在不想打电话 |
[48:31] | I came across them when your father was ill. | 当年你父亲生病的时候 我见过他们 |
[48:34] | I wish to follow it up now. | 我很想也那么做 |
[48:37] | At least talk to them about what I can do. | 至少告诉他们我能做些什么 |
[48:41] | Is this some kind of euthanasia? | 这算不算是安乐死 |
[48:44] | Assisted dying. | 辅助死亡 |
[48:47] | You administer the drug yourself. | 你自己用药 |
[48:50] | No! | 不 |
[48:52] | Absolutely no. | 绝对不行 |
[48:54] | I have no choice, Jessica. | 我没有选择 杰西卡 |
[48:57] | I know what’s coming. | 我知道等待我的是什么 |
[48:59] | I’m not afraid of dying. | 我不惧怕死亡 |
[49:03] | But I am afraid of going through what your father suffered. | 但我不能再像你父亲那样承受病痛的折磨 |
[49:11] | Do you want me to end like that? | 你们想让我也那样死去吗 |
[49:16] | I’m sorry for all the bad news. | 很抱歉让你们听到这些坏消息 |
[49:21] | You cannot know | 你们不会知道 |
[49:24] | how sorry I am | 我对此 |
[49:26] | for so many things. | 有多难过 |
[49:32] | But one thing I am not sorry for. | 但是让我欣慰的是 |
[49:39] | I have wonderful children. | 我有这么好的儿女 |
[49:45] | And I need you now. | 现在 我需要你们 |
[49:51] | I need all three of you. | 我需要你们三个 |
[49:56] | We’re here. | 我们都在这儿 |
[50:01] | Always. | 一直在 |
[50:07] | So, you’re asking me to phone this Swiss organisation, | 你要我给那个瑞士组织打电话 |
[50:12] | make a little appointment, and then | 约一个时间 然后把你送到苏黎世 |
[50:14] | pack you off to Zurich where you will die? | 你会在那里离开这个世界 |
[50:17] | That’s all I have to do, is it? | 这就是我要做的吗 |
[50:22] | You do not know if I wish to terminate my mother’s life. | 你知道我可不想结束自己母亲的生命 |
[50:28] | Stop being the blue-eyed boy, Edward! Say something. | 别在那当乖儿子了 爱德华 说点什么 |
[50:36] | The disease is beating me. | 疾病在侵袭着我 |
[50:39] | It will only beat us if we let it. If we can fight… | 如果什么都不做当然不能战胜疾病 如果 |
[50:42] | I am fighting a different battle. | 我在打一场特殊的仗 |
[50:57] | I’ll stand by you. | 我会支持你的 |
[51:06] | You could be prosecuted. | 你有可能会被起诉的 |
[51:08] | You could lose everything you’ve worked for. | 你会失去你曾努力得到的一切 |
[51:12] | – I don’t give a damn about that. – You should. | -我不在乎 -你该珍惜 |
[51:14] | I’ll do what I decide and I decide to be with you. | 我做我想要做的 而我要做的就是陪着你 |
[51:21] | You do know what it is I’m going to do? | 你真的明白我要做的是什么吗 |
[51:26] | Yes, mother. | 是的 妈妈 |
[51:30] | And no-one else can know. | 而且别人不会理解 |
[51:35] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[52:11] | Don’t bully me, Sophie. | 别那样看着我 索菲 |
[52:20] | Just give me time. | 给我些时间 |
[52:24] | I don’t know how much time we have. | 我不知道我们还有多少时间 |
[52:37] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[52:40] | I’ll look after her. | 我会照顾她 |
[52:50] | Yes, yes, I understand. | 是的 是的 我理解 |
[52:54] | Provide a birth or a marriage certificate, yes. | 提供一份出生或者已婚证明 好的 |
[52:59] | Meet your physician. | 去找你们的医生 |
[53:01] | You do discuss medical alternatives. | 你们会准备医疗方案 |
[53:03] | Tell them about daddy. | 告诉他们爸爸的事 |
[53:05] | Am I right in understanding you only | 你是说 你们只能 |
[53:07] | operate in Switzerland? | 在瑞士做手术 对吗 |
[53:09] | Tell them what he suffered. | 告诉他们他的遭遇 |
[53:13] | And the waiting time? | 需要等多久 |
[53:14] | What we saw him go through. | 我们看到了他经历的一切 |
[53:18] | Control is with the patient until the very end. | 由病人来决定最后的时刻 |
[53:24] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[53:27] | Why didn’t you tell them about daddy? | 为什么不和他们讲爸爸的事 |
[53:37] | Can we meet them in London? | 可以和他们在伦敦见面吗 |
[53:39] | No. Not allowed to by law. | 不行 法律不允许 |
[53:45] | Mother needs to write a letter, | 妈妈需要写一份申请 |
[53:47] | why she wants the arrangements, | 说明为什么她要预约 |
[53:48] | depending on how unbearable… | 还要选择痛苦的程度 |
[53:50] | How… unbearable… | 痛苦的程度 |
[53:55] | How unbearable… | 所遭受的痛苦 |
[54:00] | She’s not really going to do this, is she? | 她不会那样做的 对吗 |
[54:10] | I’ve now passed through stages one and two | 我现在已经完成了第一和第二阶段的 |
[54:13] | of progressive supra-nuclear palsy. | 核上性麻痹的积极治疗 |
[54:15] | The third stage has well begun. | 并已开始第三阶段治疗 |
[54:17] | I have difficulty eating, | 现在进食都很困难 |
[54:19] | I cough and choke, | 咳嗽并且呼吸困难 |
[54:21] | I cannot read or watch the news or television. | 不能看报纸或看电视 |
[54:23] | My past career as a doctor is now a dream. | 我的从医生涯已经结束 |
[54:28] | I can barely support myself on my two legs. | 我几乎不能独自站立 |
[54:33] | I suffer from complete loss of power. | 我遭受着失去自理能力的痛苦 |
[54:36] | – Can you make out what I’m saying? – Yes, I can, mother. | -你能理解我在说什么吗 -是的 母亲 |
[54:39] | Complete loss of power in my arms, my bladder, | 我已不能自由支配我的的手臂 膀胱 |
[54:45] | my whole body. | 甚至是整个身体 |
[54:47] | I soon won’t be able to close my mouth. | 很快 我将不能合拢自己的嘴 |
[54:51] | I need help dressing. | 衣服需要让别人穿 |
[54:54] | I need help living. | 生活需要依靠别人 |
[54:57] | And if I don’t take this path | 如果不能通过 |
[55:00] | that your organisation offers me, | 贵组织提供的途径自杀的话 |
[55:05] | I will soon be unable to physically say enough. | 我很快就会失去语言表达能力 |
[55:12] | Enough, please, enough. | 够了 天哪 够了 |
[55:17] | – It’s all right, mother. – No, it isn’t, Sophie! | -没关系的 妈妈 -不 有关系 索菲 |
[55:19] | I can’t even talk to these people in my own country. | 我甚至不能在自己的国家和他们交流 |
[55:24] | What kind of ludicrous law would turn us into criminals? | 什么荒谬的法律会把我们变成罪犯 |
[55:28] | They want to jail the dying, | 他们要把将死的人送进监狱 |
[55:29] | why don’t they turn the houses of parliament into a prison, | 他们怎么不把国会大楼变成监狱 |
[55:33] | and leave us all there to rot, | 然后把我们扔到里面等死 |
[55:35] | powerless and helpless, if that’s how they want to keep us? | 无力又无助 这就是他们能给我们的 |
[55:47] | I also suffer from increased impatience | 我的性情变得愈加暴躁 |
[55:52] | and am extremely irritable, | 而且极为易怒 |
[55:55] | as my family will tell you. | 我的家人会向你们说明这一点 |
[55:58] | My excuse is my symptoms. | 我的借口就是疾病导致 |
[56:01] | They might say otherwise. | 他们可能还有其他缘由 |
[56:04] | Well, now we have that in writing, mother. | 我们已经都写下来了 母亲 |
[56:08] | And now guess how I’m really going to annoy you. | 现在 猜猜我要怎么烦你 |
[56:12] | You know who you agreed to play chess with tonight? | 你知道今晚谁会和你玩国际象棋吗 |
[56:15] | Oh, Clare. | 克莱尔 |
[56:16] | I can’t play chess any more. | 我已经玩不了国际象棋了 |
[56:19] | – She’s insisting. – That woman is a ferret! | -她坚持的 -那女人狡猾得像雪貂 |
[56:26] | Are you letting me win? | 你是打算让我赢吗 |
[56:28] | That is the easiest game of chess we’ve ever played. | 这可是我们玩过的最容易的一局 |
[56:33] | You know me better than that. I hate losing. | 你很了解我的 我一向不喜欢输棋 |
[56:36] | – Oh, the world’s worst, that’s true. – I never give in. | -那倒是 -我从来不认输 |
[56:39] | You’re cut from the same cloth, aren’t you? | 你不也是一样不肯认输吗 |
[56:44] | I’m well aware you’ve got a hard fight ahead of you. | 我也知道你在经历一场特殊的较量 |
[56:49] | Getting through this bugger of an illness. | 经历这该死的疾病 |
[56:51] | You’re going to need your wits about you | 你需要智慧 |
[56:54] | to stay on top of it | 来战胜它 |
[56:56] | and there’s no better woman to cope with that. | 你是一个聪明人 该知道怎样应对 |
[57:00] | Are you paying me a compliment? | 你是在恭维我吗 |
[57:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[57:05] | Perhaps it’s because you’re a friend I revere. | 因为你是个另我尊敬的朋友 |
[57:11] | Well, for the first time in your life, | 这可是你有生以来 |
[57:14] | you have shocked me into silence. | 头一次让我无言以对 |
[57:20] | I do worry about you and I worry about the children | 我真的很担心你 也担心孩子们 |
[57:25] | And it’s not the disease that bothers me most, | 让我担心的不是你的疾病 |
[57:28] | it’s what you might do about it. | 而是你要应对疾病的做法 |
[57:32] | Something silly, | 愚蠢的做法 |
[57:34] | something that can’t be undone | 这种做法是无法后悔的 |
[57:37] | and that will damage others even more than you. | 它对别人的伤害大于对你自己的伤害 |
[57:41] | You know everything, don’t you, Clare? | 你都知道了 是吧 克莱尔 |
[57:44] | Richard didn’t need to tell. I had to look into Jessica’s face. | 理查德没说 但我光看杰西卡的脸就明白了 |
[57:48] | Have you any idea what your children are suffering? | 你知道他们在承受着怎样的痛苦吗 |
[57:52] | You can tell me to mind my own business | 你可以告诉我别多管闲事 |
[57:54] | but, please, Anne, never try that again. | 但是 安娜 请你不要那么做 |
[57:57] | I’m asking you that. | 我正式求求你 |
[58:00] | And I ask you something else as well, | 我还要请求你 |
[58:02] | which I’m nervous to even suggest. | 提这个要求我有些紧张 |
[58:08] | May I pray for you? | 我可以为你祈祷吗 |
[58:10] | Of course, yes. | 当然可以 当然 |
[58:13] | – If it helps you. – I want it to help you. | -如果这能帮助你的话 -我是要帮助你 |
[58:17] | You do, I’m sure, and if it does, | 你所做的都是在帮助我 如果成真了 |
[58:20] | I’ll be the first to let you know | 我会第一时间通知你 |
[58:23] | But we each have our own way of doing things. | 但我们行事都有自己的方法 |
[58:26] | We will, as ever, beg to differ and respect that. | 像往常一样 我们会求同存异 |
[58:32] | I am not going to lie to you, Clare. | 我不想骗你 克莱尔 |
[58:35] | I know you’ve tried it once but | 我知道你已经尝试过一次了 |
[58:37] | if you’re going to tell me why you choose suicide, don’t. | 但如果你想说自杀的原因的话 就不必了 |
[58:40] | I don’t think I could cope with that, | 我觉得我接受不了 |
[58:42] | Anne. I don’t need you to explain. | 安娜 我不需要你的解释 |
[58:44] | Right you are, but I do want to explain. | 你说的对 但是我还是想解释 |
[58:47] | I think people will want to know why. | 我想大家都会想知道为什么 |
[58:50] | It might be my way of explaining to myself. | 我想对自己有个交待 |
[58:53] | I’m actually thinking of approaching the tv news people. | 实际上我还打算上电视说明这件事 |
[58:56] | You’d go on television? | 你要上电视去说 |
[59:00] | Have you taken leave of your senses? | 你该不是失去理智了吧 |
[59:02] | You’re going to show off on television? | 你想到电视上去卖弄吗 |
[59:03] | Showing off? In this condition? | 卖弄 就以我现在的状况吗 |
[59:06] | Anne, this is all wrong. | 安娜 这可大错特错了 |
[59:08] | This is selfish and typical. | 这太自私太各异了 |
[59:11] | You’ve always been a spoilt woman. | 你真是个被惯坏了的女人 |
[59:13] | Jack spoilt you, your children spoilt you, | 杰克惯着你 你的孩子们也惯着你 |
[59:15] | everyone running around at your command. | 每个人都围着你转 |
[59:17] | Well, this is going too far. | 你有点太离谱了 |
[59:18] | This is seriously what you intend? | 这真的是你想要做的吗 |
[59:21] | You think it’s clever? | 你自以为很明智吗 |
[59:23] | It’s cruel. It’s cruel and stupid, | 你的做法很残酷 残酷而愚蠢 |
[59:25] | stupid and thoughtless and don’t you | 愚蠢而轻率 |
[59:28] | dare try to convince me otherwise! | 你可别指望着要说服我 |
[59:30] | Clare, you don’t know and you forget what Jack suffered. | 克莱尔 你不知道 你也忘了杰克承受的痛苦 |
[59:37] | No, you’re forgetting what more people than you suffer | 不 是你忘了其他人比你承受了更多的痛苦 |
[59:40] | and they have the courage to face it | 他们有勇气去面对 |
[59:41] | without putting their children through | 但他们没有像你一样 |
[59:43] | what you’re putting yours through. | 让你的孩子们承受这些折磨 |
[59:45] | Do you know what I think you are? I think you’re a coward. | 你知道我怎么看你吗 我觉得你是懦夫 |
[59:48] | And jack would agree with me. | 杰克肯定会赞同我的看法 |
[59:50] | -You’ve gone far enough. -Well, I’ll go one step further. | -你有点过了 -我还没说完呢 |
[59:53] | I think you planned this suicide | 我觉得你从开始 |
[59:55] | from the first minute you heard. | 就是在筹划着自杀呢 |
[59:57] | Moving house and putting your | 搬家 把孩子们的精力 |
[59:59] | children’s concerns above yours | 吸引到你这里来 |
[1:00:00] | and letting them look after you. | 让他们照顾你 |
[1:00:02] | It’s all an act, my girl, | 这很明显 姐们 |
[1:00:04] | fooling everybody but not fooling me, not any longer. | 你骗得了别人骗不了我 |
[1:00:07] | You knew all along what you were going to do and you lied. | 你早就打算好了 而且你一直在撒谎 |
[1:00:10] | You’re a coward beyond doubt, also a liar. | 毫无疑问 你就是个懦夫 一个骗子 |
[1:00:14] | Because the likes of you can’t take the truth. | 你这么说是因为接受不了现实 |
[1:00:16] | You would know the truth any longer. | 你以后会知道真相的 |
[1:00:19] | You’re the liar. The liar is looking at me. | 你才是骗子 真正的骗子就是你 |
[1:00:23] | You believe what you like, Clare, | 你只相信你喜欢的 克莱尔 |
[1:00:25] | But it is not what I believe and that’s what frightens you. | 但那不是我相信的 那正是你所畏惧的 |
[1:00:29] | I am willing to stand alone. | 我渴望独立 |
[1:00:31] | – You have never done so. – I do so now. | -你永远不会这么做 -我现在就在做 |
[1:00:36] | Well, then I leave you there. | 好啊 我就让你独立 |
[1:00:39] | I will never see you again. | 我不会再来看你了 |
[1:00:41] | No, you won’t, and I’m not afraid of that. | 不 你才不会 我根本不怕这个 |
[1:00:44] | You are afraid, Clare. | 害怕的是你 克莱尔 |
[1:00:47] | I am not. | 我不怕 |
[1:00:50] | I’m not afraid! | 我不怕 |
[1:01:07] | Courage. | 勇气 |
[1:01:11] | If a doctor was to help you die here | 在英国 如果有医生帮助你死亡 |
[1:01:14] | in Britain, it would be a crime. | 那就是犯罪 |
[1:01:16] | – Then the law… – The law must be changed. | -那么 -那么法律就需要改变 |
[1:01:19] | A terminally ill person should be able to die | 在疾病的折磨达到 |
[1:01:24] | if they so choose, | 无法忍受之前 |
[1:01:27] | before their lives become unbearable. | 一个病危的人有权选择如何死亡 |
[1:01:30] | Or at least know they have that option. | 或者 至少让他们知道有其他的选择 |
[1:01:33] | So it’s true is it, that of those who | 诚如您所言 |
[1:01:35] | are approved for this procedure, | 那些赞成此程序的人也这样认为 |
[1:01:37] | less than a third actually see it through? | 但只有三分之一的人认同这点 |
[1:01:40] | Yes, | 是的 |
[1:01:41] | people just like to know it’s an option. | 人们只是想了解那也是一个出路 |
[1:01:44] | It relieves them of their suffering. | 但它确实能让遭受病痛折磨的人解脱 |
[1:01:47] | And to me, as a doctor, | 对于我 作为一个医生 |
[1:01:51] | that is a fundamental duty of medicine. | 那是一项基本责任 |
[1:01:55] | And what would you say to those | 那您想对那些对更改法律 |
[1:01:57] | who fear that a change in the law | 有异议的人说些什么 |
[1:01:59] | Would undermine the trust between doctor and patient? | 这会损害医生和患者之间的信任关系吗 |
[1:02:03] | It sets us on a slippery slope. | 让我们处于一个困难的处境 |
[1:02:05] | Well, people will say that, | 有些人会这么说 |
[1:02:08] | But in countries where the law has changed, | 但是在法律允许的国家 |
[1:02:12] | there is not a shred of evidence to support that view. | 却没有任何证据说明有这类情况发生 |
[1:02:17] | None at all. | 一个都没有 |
[1:02:19] | Some people watching this interview, | 安娜女士 那些观看这个采访的人 |
[1:02:22] | Anne, might argue that you are in | 可能会认为您的身体状况良好 |
[1:02:24] | sufficiently good health to stop you committing suicide. | 并质疑您委托自杀的做法 |
[1:02:28] | Well, I might look like I’m all right, but I’m not. | 我看起来似乎不错 但其实并非如此 |
[1:02:33] | I’ve been through their rigorous procedures. | 我已经经历了相当痛苦的疗程 |
[1:02:39] | They know and I know what is happening. | 我和他们都知道将要发生的是什么 |
[1:02:45] | The symptoms are getting worse and if I don’t go soon, | 病症已经愈发的严重 如果我不尽快去 |
[1:02:50] | the time will come when I will not be able to travel, | 很快我将根本无法长途旅行 |
[1:02:56] | when I will not be able to get the | 那时我也就不能再进行 |
[1:03:00] | medical assistance I need to die. | 我需要的医疗辅助死亡 |
[1:03:05] | – So you’re saying that you’ve made your choice? – I have. | -您是说您已经做出了选择 -是的 |
[1:03:09] | That is my right | 那是我的权利 |
[1:03:12] | and that is at the root of all I believe in. | 这也是我所有信仰的基石 |
[1:03:18] | Doctor Turner, thank you very much. | 特纳医生 非常感谢 |
[1:03:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:03:24] | Is he finished? | 他完事了吗 |
[1:03:26] | You will respect my wishes? | 你会尊重我的愿望吗 |
[1:03:29] | – We’ll show nothing until… – I’m dead. | -我们不会公布的 直到 -我死掉 |
[1:03:33] | I think that’s the word you’re looking for. | 我猜这就是你想说的话 |
[1:03:38] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[1:03:42] | Oh, they actually worked! | 真成了 |
[1:03:44] | Oh, look at that lovely, gorgeous gem. | 看看这个可爱漂亮的宝贝 |
[1:03:48] | Oh, Mum, that’s beautiful. | 妈妈 真漂亮 |
[1:03:51] | Let’s hear the riddle then. | 我们来猜谜吧 |
[1:03:53] | What’s black and white and red all over? | 黑白红三色混在一起是什么 |
[1:03:55] | Oh, a newspaper. | 报纸 |
[1:03:57] | A self-harming nun with a machete. | 一个用砍刀自残的修女 |
[1:04:00] | What? | 什么 |
[1:04:01] | Are children reading these? | 孩子们都看这些东西吗 |
[1:04:03] | No, I think that’s appalling. | 不是吧 我想这个太恐怖了 |
[1:04:06] | Sophie, go and get the box. | 索菲 去拿下盒子 |
[1:04:08] | – I’m sure it said family crackers. – Yes, | -我肯定上面写的是家庭饼干 -是的 |
[1:04:11] | I got it in the supermarket. | 我在超市买的 |
[1:04:12] | – Just complain, mother. – I will. | -去投诉吧 妈妈 -我会的 |
[1:04:14] | What part of a lady should not move when she’s dancing? | 女士们跳舞时哪个部位要保持不动 |
[1:04:19] | Her shoulders. I remember when I was a girl. | 肩膀 我还是个小女孩的时候就知道 |
[1:04:22] | – Her bowels. – Her b…! | -她的肠子 -她的 |
[1:04:26] | That’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[1:04:28] | There’s a moral decline in society. | 这个社会真是世风日下 |
[1:04:31] | These cracker jokes are a symptom… | 这些饼干笑话就是一个象征 |
[1:04:33] | Yes, I… | 是的 我 |
[1:04:33] | You should complain, mummy, | 你应该去投诉 妈妈 |
[1:04:35] | you’re always complaining about something. | 你一直投诉这投诉那的 |
[1:04:37] | I do not always complain. | 我没有总是投诉 |
[1:04:41] | You should be ashamed of yourselves! | 你们应该为自己感到羞愧 |
[1:04:43] | We’re innocent, Anne. We told them not to. | 我们是无辜的 我们跟他们说别这样了 |
[1:04:45] | What have they done? | 他们做了什么 |
[1:04:46] | They wrote the riddles themselves. To shock you. | 这些谜语是他们自己编了让你震惊的 |
[1:04:50] | Oh, you are the end. | 你们这群坏蛋 |
[1:04:53] | You really are. | 你们就是的 |
[1:04:55] | How could you play tricks on your poor mother? | 你们怎么能捉弄你们可怜的母亲 |
[1:05:00] | Easily! | 放松点 |
[1:05:08] | Ready, steady… go! | 预备 稳住 开始 |
[1:05:20] | You were quiet during the meal. | 你整顿饭都很安静 |
[1:05:23] | I didn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[1:05:25] | I still don’t. | 现在依旧不知道 |
[1:05:28] | Thank you for welcoming me into this family. | 谢谢你让我有幸加入这个家庭 |
[1:05:32] | Look after Sophie. | 照顾好索菲 |
[1:05:34] | There is nothing in that regard you need worry about. | 和你的事情比起来 这不算什么 |
[1:05:40] | Would you do something | 你能替你苛刻的 |
[1:05:44] | for your horribly demanding mother-in-law? | 无可救药的岳母做点事吗 |
[1:05:48] | I would not mind coffee. | 我想喝杯咖啡 |
[1:05:51] | Probably shouldn’t | 可能不应该喝咖啡 |
[1:05:54] | but I’m going to. | 但我还是想喝 |
[1:05:57] | My pleasure. | 荣幸之极 |
[1:05:58] | The bells are ringing | 铃儿响叮咚 |
[1:06:01] | ding, dong, verily the sky | 天使的歌声 |
[1:06:04] | is riv’n with angels singing | 回荡在天空 |
[1:06:07] | glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria | 荣光啊 |
[1:06:13] | hosanna in excelsis… | 和散那 赞美吧 |
[1:06:15] | It’s all in one breath. | 刹那芳华 |
[1:06:16] | glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o… | 荣光啊 |
[1:06:21] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[1:06:23] | Can I get you anything? | 要点什么吗 |
[1:06:25] | Kedar is getting me coffee. | 凯达尔帮我冲咖啡去了 |
[1:06:28] | But there is something, Sophie. | 不过你可以帮我个忙 索菲 |
[1:06:31] | What? | 什么事 |
[1:06:33] | I think it’s time to book the flights. | 我想是时候订机票了 |
[1:06:38] | Soon. | 快了 |
[1:06:41] | A short stay in switzerland. | 在瑞士小待几天 |
[1:07:04] | I was saying to your mother, Sophie, | 索菲 我刚才在跟你妈妈说 |
[1:07:07] | you get mighty deals if You leave | 一月中旬出发 |
[1:07:08] | off travelling till the middle of January. | 去旅游可真麻烦 |
[1:07:10] | That’s why we’re going now, Mrs Savery. | 所以我们现在就走 萨弗里夫人 |
[1:07:13] | You’ll have a ball. | 你们肯定会开心的 |
[1:07:14] | The four of you. No skiing, I’m warning. | 你们四个 我警告你们 不许滑雪 |
[1:07:17] | I want to mind no broken bones. | 我得提醒你们 免得骨折 |
[1:07:19] | – I promise. – And no worries about the house. | -我保证 -不要担心房子 |
[1:07:22] | I’ll keep it safe and snug. | 我会保证它安全整洁的 |
[1:07:24] | It will be here waiting for you. | 它就在这里等着你 |
[1:07:26] | I will leave it in your good hands, Mrs Savery. | 萨弗里夫人 我把它交给你很放心 |
[1:07:31] | How can I thank you enough? | 我都不知道该怎么谢谢你 |
[1:07:39] | Listen to her. She’s just like myself, | 听听 她跟我一样 |
[1:07:41] | always getting nervous about getting on a plane. | 一上飞机就紧张 |
[1:07:43] | She shouldn’t be, should she, Jessica? | 杰西卡 她不应该这样 是吧 |
[1:07:46] | – She shouldn’t. – Packing’s complete. | -不应该 -打好包了 |
[1:07:48] | Do you want me to double-check? | 你想让我再检查一下吗 |
[1:07:51] | I trust you, Mrs Savery. | 萨弗里夫人 我信任你 |
[1:07:53] | Don’t you worry about the cat. | 不用担心猫 |
[1:07:55] | I’ll feed the bold Flora. | 我会喂弗洛拉的 |
[1:07:57] | I wouldn’t be allowed to forget. | 我想忘都不行 |
[1:07:59] | She’s a very bossy creature. | 她那么专横跋扈 |
[1:08:01] | Now look after your mother, the three of you | 你们三个照顾好你们母亲 |
[1:08:04] | and bring her back safe or you’ll answer to me. | 把她好好的带回来 否则我不饶你们 |
[1:08:08] | Well, I better get going home. | 好了 我要回家了 |
[1:08:10] | Safe journey and I’ll be seeing you soon. | 一路顺风 回头见 |
[1:08:12] | Goodbye, Mrs Savery. | 再见 萨弗里夫人 |
[1:08:21] | Is there something else I have to tell you? | 我是不是还有什么事要跟你说 |
[1:08:26] | No, my head’s like a sieve. I can’t remember. | 没有 我脑袋里一团浆糊 想不起来了 |
[1:08:29] | – Safe journey. – Goodbye. | -一路顺风 -再见 |
[1:08:45] | The letters are all printed. | 信都打印好了 |
[1:08:47] | Everything’s prepared. | 一切都准备好了 |
[1:08:49] | – We have enough cat food? – A feast of it. | -猫粮够吗 -足够她天天吃大餐了 |
[1:08:51] | Have you seen Flora? | 你们看到弗洛拉了吗 |
[1:08:53] | She’s on your chair. | 她在你椅子上 |
[1:08:56] | I’ll just go and see if she’s all right. | 我过去看看她还好吧 |
[1:09:14] | Well, old girl. | 老姑娘 |
[1:09:18] | You’ll have to look after them all for me now. | 你以后得替我照顾他们了 |
[1:09:26] | Thank you, Flora. | 谢谢你 弗洛拉 |
[1:09:31] | Beautiful, wise cat. | 漂亮的 聪明的猫咪 |
[1:09:41] | The car’s here. | 车来了 |
[1:10:18] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[1:10:20] | My guide book to Zurich. | 苏黎世导游手册 |
[1:10:23] | I know it’s in here somewhere. | 我知道它在这里 |
[1:10:26] | Sophie has one. | 索菲有一本 |
[1:10:28] | Well, I have my own. | 我自己有 |
[1:10:30] | Like to know where I’m going. | 我想知道要去哪里 |
[1:10:33] | Where are they? | 他们在哪里 |
[1:10:35] | Meeting the TV crew. | 在跟电视台的人见面呢 |
[1:10:37] | They flew in this morning. | 他们今天上午抵达这里了 |
[1:10:39] | I must spring clean this handbag, | 我得整理一下这个手袋 |
[1:10:43] | I really must. | 真得整理一下了 |
[1:10:47] | So, it’s happening then. | 那么 真的要开始了 |
[1:10:49] | Mmm. | 是啊 |
[1:10:58] | Right, let’s see Zurich. | 好啦 我们去逛逛苏黎世吧 |
[1:11:20] | How is Edward managing to remain so calm? | 爱德华怎么能让自己保持冷静 |
[1:11:25] | He’s no more calm than we are. | 他不比我们冷静 |
[1:11:26] | He can’t imagine life without her. | 他根本无法想象没有她的生活 |
[1:11:30] | I keep wondering what it’ll be like, | 我不知道那会是怎样的 |
[1:11:34] | what will happen. | 会发生什么 |
[1:11:43] | Can you guess what I’m thinking of doing? | 你猜得到我想要做什么了吗 |
[1:11:49] | Marrying Stephen. | 跟斯蒂芬结婚 |
[1:11:51] | Oh, that’s excellent news. | 真是个好消息 |
[1:11:54] | We must celebrate. | 我们得庆祝一下 |
[1:11:58] | Can I give you something? | 我能给你点东西吗 |
[1:12:02] | I want you to have my wedding ring. | 我希望你拿走我的婚戒 |
[1:12:05] | Take it off my finger when I die | 我死后把它从我手指上取走 |
[1:12:07] | and put it on Stephen’s. | 给斯蒂芬戴上 |
[1:12:09] | I’m so glad for you both. | 我真为你们俩高兴 |
[1:12:14] | Yes, do marry. | 结婚吧 |
[1:12:16] | Waste not, want not. | 俭则不匮 |
[1:12:19] | I always did insist on recycling. | 我一直坚持循环利用 |
[1:12:24] | You do know how much I’d want you to be there? | 你知道我有多么希望你能在场吧 |
[1:12:30] | I love you so much. | 我这么的爱你 |
[1:12:33] | I can’t imagine a better mother. | 你是世上最好的母亲 |
[1:12:37] | That was a lovely thing to say, Edward. | 爱德华 这话真贴心 |
[1:12:41] | Good luck to you both. | 祝你们俩好运 |
[1:12:44] | Two sons, what fun! | 两个儿子 多有趣啊! |
[1:12:50] | Right, food everyone. | 好了 大家吃饭去 |
[1:12:53] | You must all be famished. | 你们都饿了吧 |
[1:12:55] | So glad you’re here, Edward. | 爱德华 真高兴你在这里 |
[1:12:59] | All of you. Hold my hand on the gallows. | 所有人 绞刑架前握住我的手 |
[1:13:04] | Yes. Only my mother. | 好的 老妈说了算 |
[1:13:09] | Oh, very good, Edward. | 很好 爱德华 |
[1:13:12] | That’s right. | 很好 |
[1:13:14] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[1:13:16] | We should say something. | 我们得说点什么 |
[1:13:19] | Is “cheers” appropriate? | “干杯”行吗 |
[1:13:20] | It’s always appropriate. | “干杯”总是合适的 |
[1:13:22] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[1:13:24] | To Jack. | 敬杰克 |
[1:13:26] | To daddy. | 敬爸爸 |
[1:13:31] | Sophie. | 索菲 |
[1:13:36] | Edward. | 爱德华 |
[1:13:42] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[1:13:44] | – To mummy. – To mummy. | -敬妈妈 -敬妈妈 |
[1:16:34] | I think it’s terrible that people have to | 我认为人们必须到国外 |
[1:16:37] | come and die in a foreign country. | 来才能自杀是一件糟糕的事情 |
[1:16:40] | Anne, can I just ask you one last question? | 安娜 我能问你最后一个问题吗 |
[1:16:43] | Is there anything anyone could say to you | 今天上午 还可能有什么人或什么话 |
[1:16:46] | this morning to make you change your mind? | 可以改变你的决定吗 |
[1:16:48] | No, nothing at all. | 没有 完全没有 |
[1:16:51] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[1:17:00] | The procedure will take place | 这一过程会在 |
[1:17:01] | in our organisation’s apartment. | 我们组织的公寓里进行 |
[1:17:04] | A trained volunteer will assist you. | 一名受过训练的志愿者会帮助你 |
[1:17:07] | He will have to video you taking the | 他会拍摄录像 记录你服下 |
[1:17:10] | medicine which I will prescribe. | 我开的药 |
[1:17:13] | Yes, I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:17:15] | And your children will be with you? | 你的孩子会与你在一起吗 |
[1:17:19] | To the end, yes. | 到最后一刻 是的 |
[1:17:22] | It’s what they want. | 他们想这样 |
[1:17:24] | Is it what you want, Dr. Turner? | 这是你想要的吗 特纳医生 |
[1:17:32] | I thought it was. | 我之前认为是的 |
[1:17:35] | I thought I knew for sure. | 我想我当时很确定 |
[1:17:39] | Though now I know something I didn’t | 可是我现在知道了一些 |
[1:17:41] | before coming here. | 我来之前不知道的东西 |
[1:17:47] | What is that? | 什么东西 |
[1:17:48] | I’ve broken their hearts. | 我让他们心碎了 |
[1:17:51] | By dying? | 因为自杀吗 |
[1:17:53] | By dying. | 因为选择自杀 |
[1:17:56] | You are honest. | 你很坦城 |
[1:17:59] | And your children, they are honest too? | 你的孩子们呢 他们也很坦城吗 |
[1:18:03] | They are, yes. | 是的 |
[1:18:05] | Then they are where they want to be – | 那么他们来到了想来的地方 |
[1:18:08] | with you. | 来与你在一起 |
[1:18:12] | Practical matters. | 具体问题 |
[1:18:14] | Is the taste horribly bitter? | 药会很苦吗 |
[1:18:16] | – It will be, yes. – Does it ever fail? | -是的 很苦 -失败过吗 |
[1:18:19] | No, Dr turner, | 没有过 特纳医生 |
[1:18:21] | it never fails. | 从来没有失败过 |
[1:18:50] | It is a strange thing you do today. | 你今天要做的事情很奇怪 |
[1:18:55] | It does require courage. | 它很需要勇气 |
[1:19:03] | You have it. | 你很勇敢 |
[1:19:53] | Dr Turner, I am Carsten. | 特纳医生 我是卡斯滕 |
[1:19:55] | – Please come this way. – Thank you. | -请这边来 -谢谢 |
[1:21:08] | I’ll let you have some time alone. | 我会给你们一点时间单独相处 |
[1:21:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:21] | This Rum chocolate is very good. | 这个朗姆巧克力很不错 |
[1:21:23] | I think I might try a white one. | 我想我可能会选个白色的 |
[1:21:25] | I’m not so keen on that. | 我不太喜欢这个 |
[1:21:27] | Which one’s the Rum one? | 朗姆的是哪个 |
[1:21:29] | – The blue one. – Blue. | -蓝色的 -蓝色 |
[1:21:30] | Ok. Please excuse me, | 打扰了 |
[1:21:32] | I need a word alone with your mother. | 我得跟你们母亲单独说句话 |
[1:21:51] | This is what you really want? | 这真是你想要的吗 |
[1:21:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:21:55] | I do appreciate your kindness. | 我很谢谢你的仁慈 |
[1:22:00] | I’m not crying for myself, | 我不是为自己而哭 |
[1:22:03] | I’m crying for my children. | 我是为孩子们而哭 |
[1:22:09] | I do hope they’re going to be all right. | 我真希望他们能一切顺利 |
[1:22:16] | Glory to thee, my god, this night… | 今夜交荣耀献给主 |
[1:22:22] | I have no regrets whatsoever. | 无论怎样 我都无所遗憾 |
[1:22:27] | That’s my children. | 那是我的孩子们 |
[1:22:29] | Keep me, o keep me, king of kings | 收容我 收容我 主啊 |
[1:22:33] | Beneath thine own almighty wings | 在你那万能的羽翼下 |
[1:22:41] | Glory to thee, my god, this night | 今夜交荣耀献给主 |
[1:22:47] | For all the blessings of the light | 所有的恩典之光 |
[1:22:51] | Keep me, oh keep me, king of kings | 收容我 收容我 主啊 |
[1:22:58] | Beneath thine own almighty wings. | 在你那万能的羽翼下 |
[1:23:09] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[1:23:17] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:23:33] | Now… | 从现在开始 |
[1:23:38] | Look after each other. | 你们要相互照顾 |
[1:23:48] | This is the Barbiturate. | 这是巴比土酸盐 |
[1:24:01] | The law requires | 按法律要求 |
[1:24:03] | I record this conversation. | 我得拍下这段对话 |
[1:24:06] | Dr Turner, you know | 特纳医生 你知道 |
[1:24:08] | if you swallow this, you will die. | 如果你咽下这个 你就会死亡 |
[1:24:10] | You do understand this fully? | 你完全明白这点吗 |
[1:24:14] | The law requires I hear you answer. | 法律要求我听到你的答案 |
[1:24:17] | I know perfectly well what will happen, yes. | 是的 我完全知道会发生什么 |
[1:24:21] | You understand the whole procedure? | 你理解整个过程吗 |
[1:24:23] | I understand fully. | 我完全理解 |
[1:24:43] | Oh, it’s bitter. | 好苦啊 |
[1:24:55] | Oh, I feel woozy now. | 我头晕了 |
[1:24:57] | – Into the bed. – Yes. | -去床上吧 -好 |
[1:24:59] | She must stay upright in order to let the drug | 她必须直立 使药快速吸收 |
[1:25:03] | travel quickly through the body. I must insist. | 我必须强调这一点 |
[1:25:05] | Can she not sit even? | 连坐下都不行吗 |
[1:25:06] | She can, but she can’t lie down just yet. | 可以 但还不能躺下 |
[1:25:33] | I love you so much. I love you, mummy. | 我非常爱你 我爱你 妈妈 |
[1:25:38] | You know you’ve been a wonderful mother. | 你知道你是一个非常好的母亲 |
[1:25:44] | Sleep well. | 安息吧 |
[1:25:48] | Sleep well. | 安息吧 |
[1:25:56] | Mummy? | 妈妈 |
[1:26:03] | Mummy? | 妈妈 |
[1:26:05] | Is she dead? | 她死了吗 |
[1:26:31] | Polizei. | 警察 |
[1:27:03] | Our mother died a short while ago. | 我们的母亲不久前去世了 |
[1:27:06] | We’re relieved she’s not suffering any more. | 我们为她不用再受折磨而感到释然 |
[1:27:08] | She was quite clearly ready to go | 她非常坚定地准备好了离去 |
[1:27:10] | and that makes it easier for us. | 这让我们觉得好受一点 |
[1:27:12] | We respect her choice | 我们尊重她的选择 |
[1:27:14] | but we will miss her very, very much. | 但我们会非常非常怀念她的 |
[1:27:35] | Forgive me for not telling you | 原谅我没有提前 |
[1:27:37] | in advance of my intentions, | 告诉你们我的打算 |
[1:27:40] | for not saying goodbye properly. | 没有好好的跟你们道别 |
[1:27:43] | Because the law in the UK is not supportive, | 因为英国的法律不支持安乐死 |
[1:27:47] | I have had extra complications | 我为了避免麻烦 |
[1:27:49] | which have required a certain degree of secrecy. | 只能在某种程度上保密 |
[1:27:54] | I hope I have spared you | 我希望我没有告诉你们事情 |
[1:27:57] | some of the pain and grief which those | 能够在一定程度上 |
[1:27:59] | very few people in the know have experienced. | 减轻你们的痛苦与悲伤 |
[1:28:04] | My life has been wonderful and varied. | 我的一生丰富多彩 |
[1:28:07] | I have always recognised how fortunate I am. | 我一直清楚我自己有多幸运 |
[1:28:14] | Thank you for your friendship, love and support. | 谢谢你们的友谊 爱以及支持 |
[1:28:18] | Yours, Anne. | 你的好友 安娜 |