英文名称:Bean
年代:1997
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:26] | I suppose we could just fire him. | 我想我们干脆开除他 |
[02:10] | Of course, we’ll have to give him three months’ notice. | 当然 我们得给他三个月的通知 |
[02:13] | Stuff and nonsense. Leave it to me. | 少胡扯了 这事让我来办 |
[02:15] | I’ll talk to the chairman and insist on Mr Bean’s immediate dismissal. | 我去跟馆长谈 要他立刻开除豆子先生 |
[02:19] | Now, then, back to the agenda. | 下一个提案 |
[02:21] | The Grierson Gallery of California | 加州的格利森美术馆 |
[02:24] | has recently received a private donation of $50 million | 收到一笔五千万美金的私人捐款 |
[02:28] | to spend on buying Whistler’s portrait of his mother | 要用来向巴黎的奥塞美术馆 |
[02:32] | from the Musee d’Orsay in Paris. | 收购维瑟勒画的母亲画像 |
[02:34] | It is quite simply the most historic purchase made by an American gallery this century. | 这是本世纪美国人最具历史价值的一次收购行动 |
[02:45] | It’s as simple as this. | 就这么简单 |
[02:46] | The greatest painting ever by an American artist | 美籍画家所绘史上最伟大的作品 |
[02:49] | is returning at last to America. | 终于要回到美国了 |
[02:52] | From now on, Whistler’s Mother lives right here in Los Angeles, | 从现在起”维瑟勒之母”将留在洛杉矶 |
[02:56] | where she belongs. | 这幅画本就属于这里 |
[02:58] | When will we actually see her? | 我们何时能见到这幅画 |
[03:00] | The unveiling will be in about two weeks, and you’re all invited. | 揭幕仪式约在二周后举行 各位都受到邀请 |
[03:05] | They’ve asked us to send a scholar of great weight and substance | 他们要我们派一位重量级的学者 |
[03:09] | to preside over the ceremony and… | 来主持仪式 |
[03:11] | stay on for a couple of months of lectures and seminars. | 并且待上几个月 开设课程和研讨会 |
[03:15] | Dr Rosenblum, | 罗森布鲁博士 |
[03:17] | Dr Cutler, | 卡特勒博士 |
[03:19] | you both hold high claim on this great honour. | 你们两位都有资格获选 |
[03:26] | The chairman is here, sir. | 先生 馆长来了 |
[03:28] | Excellent, send him in. | 太好了 叫他进来 |
[03:29] | Oh, and run and fetch Mr Bean, will you? | 去叫豆子先生过来好吗? |
[03:32] | We’re about to fire him. | 我们要开除他 |
[03:34] | Marvellous. | 太好了 |
[03:35] | Yes, Mr Bean is the worst employee in the gallery’s history. | 对 豆子先生是本美术馆史上最烂的员工 |
[04:22] | Good afternoon, sir. | 先生 你好 |
[04:26] | Sit down. Sit down. | 就坐吧 请坐 |
[04:28] | Now, before we move on to the major business of the day, | 在谈到今天的重要事项前 |
[04:31] | I should like to broach the question of Mr Bean. | 我有个有关豆子先生的问题想请教您 |
[04:34] | Now, Mr Bean has worked for us for many years. | 豆子先生已替我们服务多年 |
[04:37] | And will for many years to come. | 将来也还会继续服务 |
[04:40] | I employed this splendid young man when I was doing your job, Charles, | 查理 我在你这位置时就雇用了这位出色的年轻人 |
[04:45] | and you can have my resignation if you go anywhere near him. | 如果你敢威胁他 我就辞职 |
[05:48] | He’s a fine young fellow. | 他是个好青年 |
[05:50] | Absolutely. Quite right. | 没错 完全正确 |
[05:54] | Very well, moving on. | 很好 那继续 |
[05:58] | The Grierson Gallery of California | 加州的格利森美术馆 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1083个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:181个,六级词汇:89个,GRE词汇:94个,托福词汇:138个,考研词汇:190个,专四词汇:157个,专八词汇:31个, 所有生词标注共:309个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:00] | needs a representative of our great gallery. | 需要我们伟大的画廊派一位代表 |
[06:03] | They’re looking for a scholar of a very high standing. | 他们要找一位地位崇高的学者 |
[06:08] | I have therefore decided to recommend for the post, | 我因此决定推荐此职 |
[06:11] | and the threemonth sabbatical that goes with it, | 以及附带的三个月假期 |
[06:15] | that splendid employee, | 给这位出色的员工 |
[06:19] | Mr Bean. | 豆子先生 |
[06:24] | All those in favour? | 同意的举手 |
[06:25] | Yes! | 好 |
[06:26] | Excellent. Carried. | 太好了 都同意 |
[06:29] | Our loss is America’s gain. | 我们的损失是美国的收获 |
[06:34] | David, | 大卫 |
[06:36] | got a letter from the Royal National Gallery. | 我收到皇家美术馆的来信 |
[06:38] | They’re recommending a guy called Bean to represent them. | 他们要推荐一个叫豆子的人当代表 |
[06:42] | Bean? | 豆子 |
[06:43] | I can’t say I’ve heard of him. | 没听过这号人物 |
[06:45] | Well, the letter’s signed by Drs Rosenblum and Cutler. | 这封信是由 罗森布鲁和卡特勒博士 联名签署的 |
[06:47] | – Well, that’s impressive. – They say, | -真了不起 -他们说 |
[06:50] | “He’s a man whose incontrovertible genius dwarfs our own meagre talents.” | “他无庸置疑的天赋 使我们微不足道的才能显得渺小” |
[06:53] | Rosen blum and Cutler said that? | 罗森布鲁和卡特勒这样说吗 |
[06:56] | Well, you asked for England’s top man. | 你要英国的顶尖人物 |
[06:57] | I do believe I delivered him. | 我相信我已经完成任务了 |
[06:58] | He certainly sounds like it. | 他听来绝对像是那号人物 |
[07:00] | However, before we confirm, | 不过在确定之前 我们的波妮丝 |
[07:03] | Bernice here still feels that we’d get more media attention | 仍认为若能从娱乐界找个人来 |
[07:06] | if we had someone from, let’s say, the entertainment industry. | 就会博得更多媒体注意 |
[07:09] | I genuinely believe that we could get Jon Bon Jovi. | 我真心相信可以找乔恩·邦·乔飞来 |
[07:15] | Jon Bon Jovi? | 乔恩·邦·乔飞 |
[07:17] | – To unveil Whistler’s Mother? – Yes. | -来为”维瑟勒之母”揭幕 -对 |
[07:21] | I’ve nothing against Jon Bon Jovi. | 我倒不是反对乔恩·邦·乔飞 |
[07:23] | The man has had two great hairstyles in the last 10 years, | 他过去十年内出现两次漂亮发型 |
[07:26] | which is an achievement not to be sniffed at, | 这已是不容小觑的成就了 |
[07:28] | but so far as I know, | 但就我所知 |
[07:29] | Mr Jovi knows absolutely nothing about 19thcentury Impressionism. | 乔飞先生对十九世纪印象派画作 一窍不通 |
[07:34] | He certainly hasn’t mentioned it in any of his recent songs. | 他最近的歌曲里也完全没提 |
[07:37] | – No, but David… – This is not a rock video. | -可是大卫… -这又不是摇滚乐电视节目 |
[07:40] | This is a great and serious work of art, | 这是伟大而严肃的艺术作品 |
[07:43] | and Dr Bean will give the occasion depth and dignity. | 豆子先生会让该场合增加深度和尊严 |
[07:49] | You’re right. We go with Bean. George… | 你说的没错 我们就用豆子先生 乔治… |
[07:51] | No, no, no, no, David’s our curator. | 不不不 大卫是我们评议员 |
[07:54] | This is David’s call. It’s his decision, his responsibility, | 应该由大卫来说 这是他的决定 他的责任 |
[07:58] | ultimately, his neck. | 如果要砍也是砍他的头 |
[08:02] | And where do you want him to stay? | 你要他住哪里? |
[08:04] | I have a rather interesting idea. | 我有个妙主意 |
[08:07] | Here? | 这里 |
[08:09] | In our house for two months? | 在我们家住两个月 |
[08:13] | David, what, suddenly there’s no hotels in Los Angeles? | 怎么 洛杉矶突然没旅馆了吗? |
[08:16] | Okay, there’s no need to get excited here. I just thought, you know, | 喂 不要那么紧张 我只是想 |
[08:19] | this is the Royal National Gallery of England’s top man. | 他是英国皇家美术馆的顶尖人物 |
[08:22] | I thought he’d be very exciting to have around, | 我想有他相伴一定很有趣 |
[08:24] | to learn from and talk to and… | 可以向他学习 聊天 还有… |
[08:26] | So do we know anything about our new best friend? | 这位新来的好朋友 我们对他知道多少 |
[08:28] | No, but I think they might have mentioned it if he was a notorious serial killer. | 如果他是恶名昭彰的连环杀手 他们一定会提 |
[08:32] | Are you feeling lucky, punk? | 庞克 你觉得走运吗 |
[08:36] | David, you know, we have an expression in this country. | 大卫 我们国家有句俗谚 |
[08:39] | – It says, “Over my dead body.” – Ali. | -就是”死也不准” -艾莉 |
[08:41] | I’d like to put it on the table right here and now. | 我此时此刻就要这么说 |
[08:45] | This is a onceinalifetime opportunity, and it could be seriously great for the kids. | 这次良机难逢 对孩子们绝对是好事 |
[08:50] | – You’re kidding. – Come on, it’s gonna be great! | -开什么玩笑 -拜托 会很愉快的啦 |
[08:54] | Let’s say there is a chart | 假设这里有张表 |
[08:56] | of the most intelligent people you’ve ever met in your life. | 上面是你这辈子遇过最聪明的人 |
[08:59] | Well, at number one with a bullet is Dr Bean. | 那么占首位的无庸置疑是豆子先生 |
[09:02] | Kevin, you know how sometimes you ask me questions that I can’t answer? | 凯文 记得你有时候会问我一些无法回答的问题吗 |
[09:05] | Like, “What is an intrauterine device?” | 就像”子宫圈是什么” |
[09:07] | Well, I think more like, “What’s the meaning of life?” | 我比较常思考”生命有何意义” |
[09:10] | – I never asked you that. – That’s fine. It doesn’t matter. | -这我可从没问过 -随便啦 |
[09:13] | What I am saying here is that Dr Bean is a very remarkable man. | 我只是说豆子先生是非常杰出的人 |
[09:18] | Hey, for all you know, he could be very cute. | 更何况他说不定很可爱呢 |
[09:23] | Oh, come on, the guy is gonna be a creep. | 拜托 他绝对会是怪咖 |
[09:25] | All Englishmen are ugly. | 所有英国人都是丑八怪 |
[09:27] | I just look at Prince Charles and weep. | 我光看查理王子就想哭 |
[09:30] | Okay, so he’s gonna look like Meat Loaf’s butt. | 好 所以他看来像肉块先生的屁股 |
[09:32] | Yeah, and that’s if we get lucky. | 对 那样还算我们走运 |
[09:34] | Jennifer, no one is asking you to marry him. | 珍妮佛 又没有人要你嫁给他 |
[09:36] | You know, I don’t know why we have these family conferences | 我不知道我们干嘛开家庭会议 |
[09:39] | if Dad’s already made up his mind. | 老爸根本就已做了决定 |
[09:41] | – Perceptive child. – Hey, what’s wrong with Meat Loaf’s butt? | -善解人意的孩子 -肉块的屁股又怎样 |
[09:43] | Oh, come on, everybody, it’s gonna be great! | 好了啦 会很好玩的 |
[09:46] | Dr Bean is a genius of the very highest order. | 豆子先生是最超级的天才 |
[09:50] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[09:52] | No, sir, you’re in fact in first class. | 不 先生 您是坐头等舱的 |
[09:56] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[10:10] | Good evening, sir. May I take your coat? | 晚安 先生 我替你拿外套好吗 |
[10:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:51] | Good. Simple poster, nice and big. | 好 简单的海报 又漂亮又大 |
[10:54] | It’s actual size. A bargain at $9.99. | 这是实际尺寸 特价9.99美金 |
[10:57] | Spencer? Yes, sir. | 史宝瑟? 是 先生 |
[11:00] | Bath towel. | 浴巾 |
[11:02] | Yeah, pushing your luck a little here, Walter. | 华特 你有点过了 |
[11:05] | It’ll sell. | 会大卖的 |
[11:13] | – It’s Whistler’s Sister. – Oh, you are kidding. | -是维瑟勒之姐唷 -少开玩笑了 |
[11:15] | No, sir, we have a range for every member of the family. | 不 先生 我们有他们全家每位成员的系列画作 |
[11:19] | Whistler’s Mother’s Cookies, chocolate chip, | 维瑟勒母亲的饼干 巧克力脆片 |
[11:23] | Whistler’s Father’s Beer Mug, | 维瑟勒父亲的啤酒杯 |
[11:25] | and here’s a really cute one for the youngerbrother range, | 这里还有专给年轻兄弟系列的 |
[11:28] | – Whistler’s Whistle. – Yeah. | -维瑟勒的哨子 -对 |
[11:29] | You just blow up her ass. Here, try. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I… | 只要对她屁股吹气就好 来试试 对 对 我… |
[11:37] | Mummy, I don’t feel well. | 妈咪 我不舒服 |
[12:02] | I think I’m gonna be sick. | 我好像要吐了 |
[12:21] | – Just here, sir. – Your attention, please. | -先生 在这里 -请注意 |
[12:23] | Welcome to Los Angeles International Airport. | 欢迎来到洛杉矶国际机场 |
[12:27] | Do not leave baggage or other items unattended. | 请注意看紧自己的行李 |
[12:34] | Any second now. I think we’re looking for a Brad Pitt lookalike. | 就快了 我想我们要找的人 长得像布莱德彼特 |
[13:20] | Police! | 警察 |
[13:22] | Get on him now! Move it! | 快点抓住他! |
[13:24] | Police! Come on! Come on, watch it! Watch it! Everybody, out of the way! | 警察 大家让开 小心些 快点 |
[13:28] | In pursuit of a 415. Male with a gun heading into zone 10, terminal 2. | 第二航厦的第十区追缉嫌犯中 男子持枪闯入 |
[13:32] | Get your people over here now! | 带人手过来 |
[13:33] | Get out of the way! Get out of the way! | 别挡路 |
[13:35] | Move it! Move! Move! Move! | 快点 快点 |
[13:37] | Police! Coming through! | 警察借过 |
[13:39] | Come on, lady! Watch it! Move! | 小姐让路 小心点 快 |
[13:42] | There he is! There he is! | 他在那里 |
[13:45] | Move! Move! Move! Police! | 快快警察 |
[13:47] | Everyone on the floor now! | 大家趴下 |
[13:52] | – Not you, sweetie. – Oh, right. | -甜心 你不用趴下 -噢 对喔 |
[13:59] | Carefully take out your weapon, holding the butt with two fingers only. | 小心拿出武器 用两只手指抓住枪托 |
[14:05] | Slowly place it on the floor and take three steps back. | 慢慢放在地上 然后退后三步 |
[14:33] | What is this? I don’t know. Weird. | 这是干嘛 不知道 太怪异了 |
[14:59] | Mr Bean, are you presently on any kind of medication? | 豆子先生 你目前有吃药吗 |
[15:04] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知是没有 |
[15:07] | Well, you can certainly use some. | 你不妨吃点 |
[15:23] | So, Doctor… | 那么博士… |
[15:25] | Bean. | 豆子 |
[15:26] | Yes, okay, Dr Bean. Well, you made it. | 对 豆子博士 你到美国了 |
[15:33] | Nice flight? | 旅途顺利吧? |
[15:41] | Well, this is Kevin, | 这是凯文 |
[15:44] | and this is Jennifer. She’s been very excited about meeting you. | 这是珍妮佛 她非常高兴能见到你 |
[15:48] | My wife, Alison. | 我太太艾莉森 |
[15:55] | David, could I just have the tiniest talk with you in the kitchen? | 大卫 我们可否在厨房小谈片刻 |
[15:58] | All right, yeah. We’re just gonna… | 好 我们要… |
[16:05] | I appreciate that on first viewing he seems a little eccentric. | 他第一眼看来有点古怪 我很欣慰 |
[16:08] | David, there are Martians | 大卫 有火星人 |
[16:10] | who have been exiled from Mars for looking weird | 因为长相怪异而被逐出火星 |
[16:12] | who look less weird than this guy. | 这人比他们还不正常 |
[16:14] | – He has an original quality, but every time… – He goes today. | -他有种朴质的天性 可是每次… -他今天就得走 |
[16:28] | Wow! That was amazing! | 真了不起! |
[16:31] | That’s really cool. Hey, can you do this? | 太酷了 你可以这样吗 |
[16:38] | No, but I can do this. | 不行 但我可以这样 |
[16:42] | Neat! Wow! How do you do that? | 好耶 你是怎么做的? |
[16:46] | Magic. | 魔术 |
[16:47] | – Okay, so you’re gonna tell him? – I’ll do it. Yes. | -你会告诉他吧 -会 我会说 |
[16:49] | – Today? – Yes, today, today, today. | -今天 -对啦 今天 |
[16:50] | – Today seems like a good day. – Good. | -就今天了 -那就好 |
[17:15] | Well, sir, an unorthodox start. | 先生 一个不寻常的开始 |
[17:19] | I guess I never expected things with a man of your calibre to be normal. | 我本就不期待在如此杰出的你身上会发生平常的事 |
[17:25] | I gotta confess. I’ve never actually read anything you’ve written. | 我得承认 我从没看过你写的任何东西 |
[17:29] | Tell me, Doctor, what exactly is your position at the gallery? | 告诉我 博士 你在美术馆的职位究竟是什么 |
[17:35] | I sit in the corner | 我坐在角落 |
[17:38] | and look at the paintings. | 看着画作 |
[17:41] | That is brilliant! | 太棒了 |
[17:43] | If only more scholars would do that, you know, just sit and look. | 要是更多学者也这样就好了 光是坐着看就好 |
[17:47] | You know, not lecture and write and argue, | 而不要授课 写作或争辩 |
[17:50] | just sit and look at the paintings themselves. | 只要坐着看画作本身 |
[17:53] | Now, that is brilliant. Yeah. | 那实在太棒了 对 |
[17:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:02] | – Morning, Elmer. – Good morning, sir. | -早啊 艾尔莫 -早安 先生 |
[18:05] | Dr Bean? | 豆子博士 |
[18:07] | If you’d like to sign in, sir? | 先生 请签到好吗? |
[18:15] | Thank you. Welcome to the Grierson, Dr Bean. | 谢谢 豆子博士 欢迎来到格利森 |
[18:23] | Welcome to my world. | 欢迎到我的世界 |
[18:30] | We’re expected in Grierson’s office at 9:00 a.m. | 我们要在早上9点到格利森的办公室 |
[18:32] | Now, this is a man who does not like to be kept waiting, so if you… | 他不喜欢等人 所以如果你… |
[18:35] | – Do you mind if I… – Yeah, okay, absolutely. You bet. | -我是否可以… -当然可以 没问题 |
[18:39] | All right. | 好 |
[20:34] | Doctor, we should make a move. We’re very late. | 博士 我们该走了 迟到很久了 |
[20:55] | Oh. We… Doctor, we… lf… When you’re ready. | 噢 我们… 博士 如果… 等你准备好就走 |
[21:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:07] | David, finally. | 大卫 总算来了 |
[21:12] | And this must be our professor from across the sea. | 这位一定就是越洋而来的教授了 |
[21:14] | Yes, George Grierson, this is Dr Bean. | 对 乔治格利森 这位是豆子博士 |
[21:16] | I’m delighted, Doctor. | 博士 很高兴见到你 |
[21:18] | – Actually, I’m not… – Dr Bean? | -其实 我不是… -豆子博士 |
[21:20] | Dr Bean? Can we get a photo, please, sir? | 豆子博士 先生 我们可否拍张照 |
[21:22] | Right here. We’ve heard a great deal about you, Doctor. | 就在这里 博士 我们听说了好多你的事 |
[21:24] | Thank you, gentlemen. We expect a great deal of you. | 谢谢各位 我们对你期待殊甚 |
[21:28] | And this is Bernice, in charge of PR. An absolute honour, Doctor. | 这是负责公关的波妮丝博士 太荣幸了 |
[21:32] | All right, thank you. And Walter Huntley, our merchandise manager. | 谢谢 华特杭特利是我们的商品主管 |
[21:37] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:38] | Moving along. Take a seat, Doctor. | 继续吧 博士 请坐 |
[21:40] | Thank you. Here, let me take that old thing. | 谢谢 让我拿那个旧东西 |
[21:43] | This is very outofdate. Thank you. | 这已经过时很久了 谢谢 |
[21:47] | Before we settle in, you might want to feast your eyes on these. | 在我们开始之前 请先欣赏这些作品 |
[22:04] | Well, I’ll be honest with you, Bean. I like this. | 豆子 我不妨直说 我喜欢这个 |
[22:06] | It’s beautiful, sir. I think it is, yeah. | 真漂亮 我真这样认为 |
[22:12] | Over here. Okay. | 这边 好 |
[22:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:24] | That’s a lovely green there. | 这块绿色满漂亮的 |
[22:28] | Good. Good. Down to business. Okay. | 很好 咱们谈正事吧 好 |
[22:31] | I’ve asked Bernice to run through the order of events for the opening. | 我已请波妮丝简报过 揭幕式的活动顺序 |
[22:35] | Dr Bean, would you like to join us? | 豆子博士 你要过来吗 |
[22:38] | No. No, I’ll just… | 不 我还是… |
[22:43] | Very well. Bernice? | 很好 波妮丝 |
[22:46] | Now, you will note that anything pertaining to special media requirements | 各位会注意到 所有跟特殊媒体要求有关的事项 |
[22:49] | is prefixed with an asterisk, | 前面都标有星号 |
[22:52] | i.e. Glossy stills requested by some of the favoured weeklies, that sort of thing. | 也就是有些受欢迎的周报 会要求亮面静物画 |
[22:57] | Right. So the big day unfolds as follows. | 对 所以大日子的进程如下 |
[23:01] | Our generous benefactor, General Newton, | 我们慷慨的捐助者牛顿将军 |
[23:03] | will be arriving at 10:00 a.m. To meet the members of the staff. | 将于早上10点抵达 并会见工作人员 |
[23:06] | Then, at 10:30, we’ll have the unveiling of the picture. | 然后10点半我们开始画作揭幕式 |
[23:09] | Now, this will be in front of all press and media. | 这会在所有记者和媒体面前举行 |
[23:12] | Walter, I’m assuming all this merchandising is gonna be made available? | 华特 我猜所有商品 到时候都可以卖吧 |
[23:15] | Oh, absolutely. From fridge magnets to Frisbees, we’ll be ready. | 当然 从冰箱磁铁到飞盘都应有尽有 |
[23:18] | So it will probably be at about 11:00 a.m., when the stage is set for Dr Bean. | 所以大约在早上11点 豆子先生就可以上台了 |
[23:25] | Yes, all right, we really… | 对 我们真该… |
[23:27] | We really should bring in the doctor here. | 我们应该让博士加入 |
[23:39] | Dr Bean? | 豆子博士 |
[23:51] | Doctor, we’ve just been inspecting the schedule, and… | 博士 我们刚才在看计划表 然后… |
[23:56] | If you would just like to take a look at yours right over there at your convenience? | 你是否想看看你那部份的计划呢 |
[24:00] | The general should be arriving at 10:00 a.m., and he’ll unveil the picture at 10:30., | 将军会在早上10点到 他在10点半时举行揭幕 |
[24:05] | so at about 11:00, we should be ready for your speech. | 所以11点时你应该就可以演讲了 |
[24:10] | Yes, and I think 20 minutes should be long enough. | 好 我想20分钟应该够了吧 |
[24:15] | – Don’t you, Bernice? – Absolutely. | -波妮丝 你说呢 -当然 |
[24:17] | I know you could fill hours, Doctor, | 我知道你可以说上好几小时 |
[24:19] | but for the press, it would be best if you could keep it quite light. | 但面对记者 说精简一点比较好 |
[24:23] | Maybe throw in some anecdotes about the actual painting of the picture | 也许再加点关于那幅画的轶事趣闻 |
[24:27] | and explain why it is considered to be America’s greatest painting. | 说明它为何被视为美国最伟大的画作 |
[24:31] | Is that going to be enough, Doctor, 20 minutes? | 博士 20分钟够了吗 |
[24:40] | Well, dear friends, if you’ll excuse me, I have a lunch with the Mayor. | 亲爱的朋友 我跟市长约了吃午饭 失陪了 |
[24:44] | Not the kind of thing I like, but duty calls. | 我也不喜欢应酬 不过这是职责所在 |
[24:47] | Well, Doctor, it’s good to meet you. | 博士 很高兴见到你 |
[24:49] | It’s a complex experience. | 真是一次复杂的经验 |
[24:52] | Enjoy your stay with David. | 好好享受和大卫在一起的时光 |
[24:55] | They’re simple people but warm. | 他们很平凡却很热情 |
[24:57] | – David, if I may have just a private word? – Okay. | -大卫 可否跟你私下谈谈 -好 |
[25:00] | I tell you, why don’t you wait for me back at the new acquisitions? | 对了 到新货区那里等我如何 |
[25:03] | I’ll join you shortly. Yeah. | 我马上就来 对 |
[25:07] | Yes, sir? | 先生 |
[25:12] | – He’s a genius, right? – Yeah, he’s eccentric, but… | -他是天才对吧 -对 他有点怪 不过… |
[25:16] | – Yes. – Yeah. | -对 -对 |
[25:21] | The unveiling of Whistler’s Mother is the most important thing | 为”维瑟勒之母”揭幕 是本美术馆史上 |
[25:25] | to ever happen to this gallery, | 最重要的事 |
[25:28] | and Dr Bean was your choice. | 豆子博士是你选的 |
[25:31] | Yes, I understand that. | 这我懂 |
[25:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[25:52] | Dr Bean, when we get home, I wonder… | 豆子博士 我在想到家以后… |
[25:56] | When we get home, I wonder if you would mind | 到家以后 不知道你是否介意 |
[25:58] | giving me a private moment with my wife. | 让我跟我太太独处一阵子 |
[26:01] | There’s a little something we need to work out. | 我们需要解决一点小事 |
[26:03] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[26:15] | Yeah, I think… Just wait in here would be good. | 嗯 我想… 你在这等就好了 |
[26:19] | Oh, just ignore that. Her mother gave it to us. | 噢 别理它 她妈妈给我们的 |
[26:22] | Huge sentimental value, you know, so… | 感情价值很高 所以… |
[26:25] | Just make yourself at home. | 把这里当自己家 |
[26:27] | I’ll be just a couple of minutes with Alison. | 我跟艾莉森稍微谈谈 |
[26:35] | Oh, Doctor. I would actually not do that. | 噢 博士 我可不会那么做 |
[26:39] | That’s a limited edition. It’s that it’s delicate, so if you… | 那是限量版本 非常珍贵 所以… |
[26:43] | Or, yeah, if… Put it there would be good. Yeah. | 或者… 把它放下就好 对 |
[26:47] | Okay, that’s… All right. | 好 那样…很好 |
[26:55] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[26:58] | No Dr Bean? | 豆子博士不在 |
[26:59] | Well, actually, no, he is still here, but let me… | 其实他还在 不过就让我… |
[27:01] | – Jennifer! Kevin! – I just want us… I just want us… | -珍妮佛 凯文 -我只是要我们… 要我们… |
[27:04] | Plan B! | B计划 |
[27:05] | You have luggage packed? What is Plan B? | 你行李都打好包了? 什么B计划? |
[27:07] | Plan B is, | B计划就是 |
[27:09] | if you haven’t gotten rid of Dr Bean, | 如果你没撵走豆子博士 |
[27:10] | we go straight to Grandma’s. | 我们就直接去住外婆家 |
[27:11] | – I can’t believe you… – Screwed up again, huh, Dad? | -真不敢相信你竟然… – 老爸你又搞砸了 |
[27:13] | Oh, come on, there was no time to raise the subject! | 拜托 现在没时间提这个了 |
[27:16] | Kevin, start the car, would you, sweetie? | 凯文甜心 去发动车子好吗 |
[27:18] | Oh, Ali, wait a second and look. | 艾莉 等一下 听我说 |
[27:20] | No, you look, David, my darling, | 不 你听我说 亲爱的大卫 |
[27:23] | I have asked very little from you, | 我对你的要求向来不多 |
[27:25] | but I did ask you to get rid of Dr Bean, | 但我要你撵走豆子博士 |
[27:27] | and you have made your choice, | 现在你做出不撵他走的决定 |
[27:29] | so you two can stay here | 你们两个就留下来 |
[27:30] | and really come to grips with postmodernism, | 好好研讨后现代主义吧 |
[27:33] | but I am taking our children to my mother’s. | 我要带孩子们去我妈那里 |
[27:35] | Just give him one last chance. | 再给他一次机会嘛 |
[27:38] | – Oh, David… – Just one. | -噢 大卫… -一次就好 |
[27:41] | Please? | 好吗 |
[27:44] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:47] | – Thank you. – All right. | -谢谢 -好吧 |
[27:48] | Thanks. Once you get to know him, | 谢谢 等你认识他 |
[27:51] | – I think you’re gonna… – David, don’t. | -相信你就会… -大卫 别说了 |
[27:58] | – Hello, Doctor. – Hello. | -嗨 博士 -嗨 |
[28:03] | No, no, no, no, Doctor, that’s not for the TV. That’s for the… | 不 博士 那不是电视遥控器 那是… |
[28:21] | Yeah, well, there they go. | 好 就这样走了 |
[28:34] | Well, Doctor, we’ve got the whole weekend together. | 博士 周末就只剩下我们啦 |
[28:38] | Yeah, get to know each other and… | 好好认识彼此 |
[28:44] | I was thinking tomorrow we might really do LA. | 我在想明天可以玩遍洛杉矶 |
[28:47] | There’s the Gallery of American Indian Art. | 有美国印地安人艺术馆 |
[28:50] | There’s the California State Gallery. | 还有加州州立美术馆 |
[28:52] | There’s actually this new place, the Rabowitz, | 还有个叫洛波威兹的新馆 |
[28:54] | which is kind of the place for abstract expressionism. | 展出抽象表现主义作品 |
[28:58] | Does that sound good to you? | 你觉得怎样? |
[29:03] | Maybe you have something else in mind? | 还是你有其它想法? |
[30:13] | Incredible. | 了不起 |
[30:15] | You set? | 好了吗 |
[30:17] | Thank you for taking the Ride of Doom. | 感谢您搭乘毁灭帝国之旅 |
[30:25] | Why don’t you get another ticket? Could be more fun second time round. | 怎么不再试一次? 说不定会更好玩 |
[30:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:52] | Brace yourself. | 准备罗 |
[32:22] | He’s a genius, huh? | 他是天才? |
[32:25] | That’s what they tell me. | 他们这么跟我说的 |
[32:34] | Well, he looks like a fruitcake to me. | 我看他根本就是个大草包 |
[32:40] | Are you willing to take responsibility for his actions? | 你愿意为他的行为负责吗 |
[32:47] | Well, you’re a braver man than me, | 你比我还勇敢 |
[32:49] | and I singlehandedly take on gangs armed with AK47 s. | 我单手就能对抗 持有AK47枪械的混混 |
[32:55] | Get him out of here. Tell him his is a butt I would dearly love to kick, | 带他出去 告诉他 我非常愿意揍他一顿 |
[33:00] | and the next time, I will. | 下次就会动手 |
[33:07] | Doctor, there is something we have to talk about, | 博士 有件事情我们得谈谈 |
[33:13] | and I don’t quite know how to put this. | 我不知道该怎么开口 |
[33:18] | What I am concerned about is… | 我担心的是… |
[33:21] | Whoever that is, I am getting rid of them. | 不管是谁来 我都要把他赶走 |
[33:26] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[33:29] | David, sorry we’re late. | 大卫 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[33:34] | – The traffic! Oh, terrible – Oh, that’s beautiful! | -塞车太严重了 -噢 太棒了 |
[33:36] | You couldn’t believe. Every day, it gets worse and worse. | 真不敢相信 每天变得愈来愈糟 |
[33:38] | – It’s just the way she. It’s the green. – And why? Because nobody’s in control. | -她就那样 是绿色的关系 -为什么? 因为没人在管 |
[33:41] | No, it’s the yellow. It’s just. It’s the yellow. She is a… | 不 是黄色有问题 是黄色 她实在… |
[33:45] | Well, where is Alison? | 艾莉森呢? |
[33:47] | Well, I’ve got some bad news and some good news. | 我有坏消息和好消息 |
[33:51] | The bad news is that Alison has had to go visit her mum, | 坏消息是艾莉森一定要去看她妈 |
[33:55] | – who, well, is not well. – That’s too bad. | -因为她生病了 -太糟了 |
[33:58] | – Gee, the poor thing. – Sorry to hear that, David. | -天啊 真可怜 -大卫 我真遗憾 |
[34:01] | The good news is that Dr Bean and I will be cooking. | 好消息是豆子博士和我要下厨做菜 |
[34:05] | – You sure that’s good news? – Well, of course it is. | -你确定那是好消息吗 -当然啦 |
[34:09] | All the greatest chefs in the world are men. | 世界上最棒的厨子都是男人 |
[34:12] | So what’s on the menu, maestro? | 那都有什么菜呢 大师 |
[34:15] | How could I forget? | 我怎么会忘掉 |
[34:18] | What the hell are we going to give them? | 我们到底要给他们吃什么 |
[34:22] | Yes, I think they may be expecting something slightly more formal. | 我想他们可能想吃得正式一点 |
[34:29] | An onion? Just on its own? | 洋葱? 就洋葱? |
[34:34] | No, no, don’t be ridiculous. | 不 少呆了 |
[34:35] | That’s for Thanksgiving. Alison would kill me. | 那是感恩节的菜 艾莉森会杀了我的 |
[34:37] | No, no, there must be something else. | 不 一定还有别的 |
[34:42] | Have you ever cooked one of these before? | 你以前做过这种菜吗? |
[34:45] | Oh, yes. | 做过 |
[34:46] | But anyway, it would take like five hours, right? | 但无论如何都需要五个小时 对吧 |
[34:50] | Not necessarily. | 也不一定啦 |
[35:01] | What do you think? Twenty minutes? | 你说呢? 二十分钟吗? |
[35:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:07] | You’re sure this is gonna work? | 你确定这样可以 |
[35:09] | Okay, you’re the chef. | 好 就听你的 |
[35:10] | Just put on some vegetables and come and say hello. | 炉上放点蔬菜 然后过来打招呼 |
[35:19] | Maestro! | 大师 |
[35:20] | My taste buds are positively tingling with anticipation. | 我的味蕾正热切期待着美味哦 |
[35:32] | No. No, thanks. | 不 谢了 |
[35:34] | I think we’ll pass on the appetiser. | 我想还是跳过前菜吧 |
[35:39] | So, Bean, big day Tuesday, | 豆子 星期二是大日子 |
[35:42] | your big day, my big day. | 你的大日子 我的大日子 |
[35:46] | I have a question for you. | 我有个问题想问 |
[35:54] | He’s very attentive to detail. | 他非常重视细节 |
[35:58] | Everything must be just so. | 每件事都要做到精确 |
[36:19] | Bean, I think we need to be honest with each other. | 豆子 我想我们该开诚布公地谈 |
[36:23] | I cannot deny that, over the last days, | 我无法否认 过去几天以来 |
[36:27] | some suspicions have begun to gather in my mind, | 我脑中浮现不少疑问 |
[36:31] | and I would just like to ask you some direct questions, | 我只是想直率地问你几个问题 |
[36:35] | okay? | 行吗? |
[36:37] | Number one, are you a doctor? | 第一 你是博士吗? |
[36:49] | No. | 不是 |
[36:53] | Number two, do you know anything about art? | 第二 你懂艺术吗? |
[37:03] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[37:06] | Just for instance here, | 打个比方好了 |
[37:11] | was Leonardo da Vinci an American basketball player? | 达芬奇是不是美国篮球选手 |
[37:26] | Yes. | 是 |
[37:41] | – Hi, Dad. – Hi, Dad. | -嗨 老爸 -嗨 老爸 |
[37:43] | Hello, Doctor. | 哈罗 博士 |
[37:44] | – Bye, Dad. – Bye, Dad. | -再见 老爸 -再见 老爸 |
[38:10] | Yep. | 好 |
[38:41] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天哪 |
[38:44] | For God’s sake, Bean, what are you doing? | 看在老天份上 豆子 你在做什么 |
[38:55] | Hello? Mr Grierson, yes. He’s just here in the shower with me. | 喂格利森先生 对 他现在跟我在浴室里 |
[39:01] | Would you give me… | 你能否给我… |
[39:04] | Yes, hello, Mr Grierson. | 对 你好 格利森先生 |
[39:07] | No, no, you must have misunderstood him. What can I… | 不 你一定是听错了 我怎么会… |
[39:11] | She is? Oh, thank you for calling me. | 真的吗? 谢谢你打电话来 |
[39:14] | – Yes, okay. Goodbye. – Bye! | -好 再见 -拜 |
[39:23] | I can’t believe it. Whistler’s Mother has actually arrived in America. | 真不敢相信 “维瑟斯之母”已抵达美国了 |
[39:28] | Now, listen, I am begging you | 听好 算我求你了 |
[39:30] | as a man whose entire professional career depends on you, | 我全部职业生涯都仰赖你的立场了 |
[39:33] | behave rationally today. | 今天表现理智一点 |
[39:38] | There is no God. | 根本没有神 |
[40:09] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[40:14] | Nice frame. | 画框很不错 |
[40:17] | She’s magnificent. | 太美了 |
[40:20] | David, well done. Worth every bright green buck! | 大卫 干得好 每一分钱都值得 |
[40:24] | She’s something else, isn’t she? | 真是与众不同 对吧 |
[40:29] | All right, folks, enjoy her while you can. After this morning, we lock her away | 好了 各位 尽情欣赏吧 今早以后就要锁起来了 |
[40:33] | until the guy who paid $50 million for her turns up. | 直到愿意出五千万的人出现为止 |
[40:36] | And, Elmer, I believe we have a security meeting. | 艾尔莫 我们要开安全会议吧 |
[40:39] | That’s right, sir. | 是的 |
[40:40] | And this is your key to the encasement system. | 这把密室系统的钥匙给你 |
[40:44] | There are only two. I have the other one, | 只有两把 我有另一把 |
[40:46] | so if the painting turns up missing, I’ll know where to come. | 所以如果画作消失 我就知道该去找谁 |
[40:51] | And if you could all join me at the security console? | 可否请你一起参加安全会议 |
[40:54] | Doctor, why don’t you just stay here? | 博士 请留在这里好吗? |
[40:55] | Maybe a look at the real thing will inspire you for your speech. | 也许看看原画能激发你演讲的灵感 |
[41:01] | Just stay here. Don’t leave this room till I get back, okay? | 呆在这 在我回来前别离开房间 |
[41:21] | This chart maps all the security elements for the big day, | 这张表画出当天所有的保安点 |
[41:26] | and as usual in these circumstances, I’ve given the operation a code name, | 如同以往的类似情况 我也替这次行动取了个代号 |
[41:29] | which is Operation Whistler’s Mother. | 也就是”维瑟勒之母”行动 |
[41:32] | It’s not a snazzy title, but I think it works. | 这名称不算时髦 但还能用 |
[42:51] | Fear not, gentlemen. | 各位不必担心 |
[42:52] | With the system we put in here, nothing will touch that painting | 我们安装的系统能确保画作的安全 |
[42:55] | short of an earthquake that brings down the whole gallery. | 除非整栋美术馆被地震震毁 |
[44:21] | Once we’ve gotten the general safely inside, | 一把将军安全带进馆内 |
[44:24] | the key figure, securitywise, will be Dr Bean. | 保安重点就落到豆子博士身上 |
[44:26] | We gotta protect the painting without getting in the good doctor’s way. | 我们要在不打扰大博士的情形下 保护画作 |
[46:37] | There seems to be a problem | 这门好像出了点… |
[46:44] | with the door. | 问题 |
[47:01] | Where’s the picture gone? | 画怎么不见了 |
[47:08] | What? What? What? What? | 什么? 什么? |
[47:21] | Oh, Jesus! Oh, God! Oh, Jesus! | 噢 天哪噢 老天 |
[47:24] | God! Oh, Mary, mother of Jesus! Jesus of Nazareth! | 哇我的老天圣母玛利亚 |
[47:34] | Wait a minute. Why am I worrying about this? You did it! | 等一下 我干嘛这么害怕 是你干的 |
[47:37] | All I have to do is go out and tell them what happened. | 我只要出去告诉他们怎么回事就好 |
[47:40] | Perfect! | 太棒了 |
[47:42] | Then they’ll say, “Well, who left him alone with the picture?” | 然后他们会说”是谁让他单独跟画在一起的” |
[47:44] | And I say, “Me.” | 我就会说”是我” |
[47:46] | Then they say, “Well, you’re fired!” I say, “Fine.” | 然后他们就说”你被开除了” 我就说”好” |
[47:48] | No, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 |
[47:50] | Then they say, “Firing is not enough. Let’s prosecute you for negligence!” | 然后他们说”开除还不够 我们要告你怠忽职守” |
[47:53] | Then I go to jail. My wife leaves me. My daughter becomes a prostitute. | 然后我去坐牢 我太太会离开我 我女儿变成娼妓 |
[47:57] | I wind up on death row sharing a cell with Butch McDick! | 最后我进了死囚室 跟强暴犯同一间牢房 |
[48:01] | All right, calm down. I just gotta calm down. | 好了 冷静点 我要冷静点 |
[48:03] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[48:05] | Give me one more look at the painting. | 再让我看一下那幅画 |
[48:08] | Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God! | 噢 天哪 天哪 |
[48:12] | …which renders the underground ventilation ducts completely secure. | 这表示地下通风管也非常安全 |
[48:15] | – Yes, well, that’s good to know. – Thank you, sir. | -对 这样就放心多了 -谢谢 |
[48:41] | Hey, do you drink, Bean? | 嘿 豆子 你喝酒吗? |
[48:44] | – No. – Good, neither do I. | -不喝 -很好 我也不喝 |
[48:52] | The Yankees grab the bat. | 纽约队抓住球棒 |
[48:54] | Yeah, this one has extra innings written all over it, doesn’t it? | 对 看来很可能会有延长赛了 |
[48:57] | Ozzie hangs over the plate. | 欧吉留在本垒 |
[48:59] | He’s got the longball threat from the left side. | 不过他左边有长传威胁 |
[49:02] | Smith corks one to right field down the line. | 史密斯用力挥棒 球直达右野线 |
[49:04] | – There it goes. – Bean. | -飞出去了 -豆子 |
[49:06] | It’s going. | 还在飞 |
[49:08] | Going crazy, folks! Going crazy! It’s a home run! | 太厉害了 各位是全垒打 |
[49:12] | And the Cardinals have won the… | 红雀队已赢得… |
[49:19] | Carry on. | 继续说 |
[49:25] | You wanna know what the reality of the situation is? | 你想知道事情的真相吗 |
[49:28] | Okay, this is it. | 好 那我告诉你 |
[49:32] | Because you moved into my house, my wife has moved out. | 因为你住进我家 我太太就搬出去了 |
[49:36] | Yes, she did. She might have moved out anyway, | 对 搬走了 她可能迟早会搬走 |
[49:38] | but that is one, point one. | 但这是第一点 |
[49:41] | Point two, | 第二点 |
[49:45] | I’ve given my life to art, | 我全心为艺术奉献 |
[49:48] | and from here on in, the only art I will get anywhere near | 但从现在起 我唯一能接近的艺术 |
[49:53] | are the pictures I draw on the pavement, | 就是我在人行道上画的画 |
[49:56] | hoping passersby will throw nickels in my hat. | 希望路人会在我帽子里丢点零钱 |
[50:00] | I guess the long and the short of it, | 简单来说呢 |
[50:03] | I wish I’d never been born. | 我真希望自己从未出生 |
[50:19] | Yesterday | 昨天 |
[50:23] | All my troubles seemed so far away | 所有烦恼似乎都很遥远 |
[50:31] | Now it looks as though they’re here to stay | 现在却都萦绕身边 |
[50:36] | I believe in yesterday | 我相信昨天 |
[50:43] | Suddenly | 突然间 |
[50:45] | I’m not half the man I used to be | 我不再是以前的我 |
[50:48] | Oh, no! | 噢 不 |
[50:50] | There’s a shadow hanging over me | 头上笼罩阴影 |
[50:55] | I believe in yesterday | 我相信昨日 |
[51:02] | Suddenly | 突然间 |
[51:08] | Row, row, row, your boat | 划 划 划小船 |
[51:11] | Gently down the stream | 滑行在溪中 |
[51:13] | If you see a crocodile | 如果见到大鳄鱼 |
[51:16] | Don’t forget to scream | 别忘了尖声大叫 |
[51:19] | Splish, splash, splish, splash | 泼呀 洒呀 |
[51:22] | Row, row, row your boat | 划 划 划小船 |
[51:25] | Gently down the stream | 滑行在溪中 |
[51:28] | If you see a crocodile | 如果见到大鳄鱼 |
[51:31] | Don’t forget to scream | 别忘了尖声大叫 |
[51:36] | I can explain everything. | 我可以解释一切 |
[51:38] | Okay, explain everything. | 那就解释一切看看 |
[51:43] | – It’s inexplicable. Ali, listen… – David, no. | -简直莫名奇妙 艾莉 听我说 -不了 大卫 |
[51:46] | David, the reason that I came home was because I missed you | 大卫 我回家是因为我想你 |
[51:50] | and also because I live here, and they live here, | 也因为我住在这里 他们也住这里 |
[51:55] | but, David, we have been waiting for five hours, and what do we get? | 可是我们等了五个小时 等到了什么 |
[52:00] | A drunk and his friend from the planet Zog. | 一个醉汉和他那位来自外星的朋友 |
[52:03] | I know, and it seems like this horrible situation, but if you could… | 我知道 听来是很糟的状况 可是你如果肯… |
[52:09] | If you could just hear my full horrific tale… | 你如果肯听完这个恐怖的故事… |
[52:13] | David, I think I’m gonna have to leave you. | 大卫 我想我们得分开了 |
[52:19] | You are? | 你认真的? |
[52:25] | Well, then things really have gotten bad. | 那情况真的很糟糕了 |
[52:31] | Yeah. | 正是 |
[52:56] | Hi, Beanie. | 嗨 阿豆 |
[53:01] | Can’t sleep, huh? | 睡不着吗? |
[53:03] | No. | 对 |
[53:07] | Me, neither. Can’t stop thinking about naked women. | 我也是 一直在想裸体的女人 |
[53:12] | – What about you? – Whistler’s Mother. | -你呢 -维瑟勒之母 |
[53:16] | Well, whatever turns you on. | 只要能让你兴奋就好 |
[53:25] | Catch you around, moonman. | 待会见罗 月球人 |
[53:29] | Oh, if you still can’t sleep, come to my room. | 如果你还是睡不着 可以到我房间来 |
[53:32] | I got some great posters of Cindy Crawford on my wall. | 我的墙上有辛蒂克劳馥的海报喔 |
[54:34] | Oh, dear. | 噢 糟了 |
[54:59] | Help! Help! | 救命啊 |
[56:10] | Come on! | 快呀 |
[58:31] | Hooray! | 唷喝 |
[58:43] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | 噢 天哪 |
[58:55] | Jennifer? | 珍妮佛 |
[58:56] | No, no, no, no, don’t think for one minute you’re getting on that bike, Jen. | 不 不 你别以为可以骑上那辆车 |
[59:00] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早安 |
[59:03] | Total family rule here. | 这是家庭规定 |
[59:05] | No one is allowed on one of those death traps. | 谁都不准走进死亡陷阱 |
[59:06] | You promised me, Jen. | 你答应过的 |
[59:07] | And you promised Mum you’d get rid of Dr Freako. | 你也答应过妈妈要把怪人博士赶走 |
[59:27] | Don’t talk to me. I am trying to think what I’m going to do. | 别跟我说话 我正在想怎么办 |
[59:35] | – Well… – Quiet! | -那… -安静 |
[59:39] | 母 亲 回 家 了 | |
[1:00:05] | This way. | 这边 |
[1:00:07] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[1:00:11] | What a pleasure, sir. Welcome to our humble abode. | 先生 真是我们的荣幸 欢迎来到敝处 |
[1:00:14] | Not too humble, I hope. I’m expecting lunch. | 希望不会太敝 我期待着午餐呢 |
[1:00:17] | Of course. General, right this way. After you, sir. After you. | 当然 将军请这边走 先生 您先请 |
[1:00:26] | Glad you could make it. | 真高兴您的光临 |
[1:00:29] | – Where the hell have you been? – I am sorry. Trouble at home. | -你究竟到哪里去了 -对不起 家里有点事 |
[1:00:32] | – Never mind. Come along. – Sir, there is something… | -算了 过来 -先生 有件事… |
[1:00:34] | General, I’d like you to meet our curator, David Langley. | 将军 向您介绍我们的评议员 大卫蓝利 |
[1:00:36] | – I’m delighted to meet you, sir. – Of course you are. | -真高兴见到您 先生 -那是当然 |
[1:00:39] | Right through here, sir. | 先生 请这边走 |
[1:00:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is a great moment for America | 各位先生女士 这是美国的伟大时刻 |
[1:00:57] | and for one very special lady, Whistler’s Mother. | 也是一位特殊女士”维瑟勒之母”的伟大时刻 |
[1:01:05] | And she’s here today, thanks to our great and good benefactor. | 感谢我们杰出的捐助者 才能让她在此出现 |
[1:01:10] | Will you join me in saluting a soldier, philanthropist, loving father… | 请各位与我一同向这位军人 慈善家 仁慈的父亲… |
[1:01:15] | Hear, hear. | 对极了 |
[1:01:17] | and an extremely generous patron of the arts, General Newton? | 以及特别慷慨的艺术赞助者牛顿将军致敬 |
[1:01:23] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢各位 |
[1:01:26] | I am not a traditional art lover. | 我不是传统的艺术爱好人士 |
[1:01:29] | I don’t know the difference between a Picasso and a car crash, | 我分不出毕加索和车祸有何差别 |
[1:01:33] | but I love my country. | 但我爱我的国家 |
[1:01:35] | I can’t stand the idea of a bunch of Frenchies | 我无法忍受让一群法国佬 |
[1:01:38] | owning America’s greatest painting. | 拥有美国最伟大的画作 |
[1:01:40] | Let’s get on with it. | 现在就开始吧 |
[1:01:50] | Welcome home, Ma. | 母亲 欢迎回家 |
[1:02:23] | Whatever you did, you’re a genius, and I love you! | 不管你做了什么 你真是天才 我爱你 |
[1:02:26] | It’s a poster. | 其实是海报 |
[1:02:29] | It’s a what? | 是什么 |
[1:02:30] | – David? It’s time. – Time for what? | -大卫 时间到了 -什么时间到了 |
[1:02:33] | – The speech. – What? Wait. What speech? | -演讲啊 -等等 什么演讲 |
[1:02:35] | – Congratulations, David. – Dr Bean’s speech about the painting. | -大卫 恭喜你 -豆子博士关于绘画的演讲 |
[1:02:38] | Yes, of course, the speech. | 对了 当然 演讲 |
[1:02:42] | Now, Doctor, try to keep it below an hour, | 博士 尽量别超过一小时 |
[1:02:44] | and if there could be one joke in it, that would be nice. | 如果里面有笑话就更好了 |
[1:02:47] | Good Morning America couldn’t give a flying monkey about “isms” and… | 《早安美国》才不在乎那些”主义” |
[1:02:52] | – Oh, you know what I mean. – Yeah. | -你懂我意思吧 -对 |
[1:02:57] | – It doesn’t have to go on for long. Just…- Dr Bean? | -不必太久 你就… -豆子博士 |
[1:03:00] | – Just… Just… – We’re ready for you. Right this way. | -就… -准备好了 请走这边 |
[1:03:01] | Just… Just… Just… | 你就… |
[1:03:05] | And now, for the second highlight of our day. | 现在是今天的第二个重头戏 |
[1:03:08] | Dr Bean, a great English art scholar, is here to speak for a few minutes, | 豆子博士是英国杰出的艺术学者 他将做几分钟的演讲 |
[1:03:13] | not too long, Doctor, | 别说太久哦 |
[1:03:15] | on the subject of our new purchase. | 题目是我们新添购的画作 |
[1:03:16] | Ladies and gentlemen, Dr Bean of the National Gallery of England. | 各位先生女士 欢迎英国国立美术馆的豆子博士 |
[1:03:21] | Okay. Yeah! | 好 好 |
[1:03:22] | Okay. Okay! | 好 好 |
[1:03:23] | Thank you. Bravo. | 谢谢 太棒了 |
[1:03:25] | Bravo. | 太棒了 |
[1:03:36] | Well, hello, I’m Dr Bean, | 嗯 那个… 我是豆子博士 |
[1:03:42] | apparently, | 显然如此 |
[1:03:46] | and my job | 我的工作 |
[1:03:49] | is to sit and look at paintings. | 就是坐着看艺术绘画 |
[1:04:01] | So | 因此 |
[1:04:03] | what have I learnt | 我从这幅画里 |
[1:04:06] | that I can say about this painting? | 学到了什么呢 |
[1:04:14] | Well… | 嗯… |
[1:04:15] | Well, firstly, it’s quite big, | 首先 这幅画很大 |
[1:04:20] | which is excellent | 这点很棒 |
[1:04:22] | because if it was really small, | 因为如果画很小 |
[1:04:25] | you know, microscopic, | 要用显微镜才看得到 |
[1:04:28] | then hardly anybody would be able to see it, | 就没什么人能看到了 |
[1:04:32] | which would be a tremendous shame. | 那就会非常可惜 |
[1:04:36] | Secondly, | 第二 |
[1:04:39] | and I’m getting quite near the end now | 我就快要说到 |
[1:04:41] | of this analysis of this painting… | 分析这幅画的结尾了哦 |
[1:04:48] | Secondly, | 第二呢 |
[1:04:54] | why was it worth this man here | 这幅画为什么会让这位先生 |
[1:04:58] | spending 50 million of your American dollars on this portrait? | 愿意花五千万美金去买呢 |
[1:05:06] | And the answer is, | 答案就是 |
[1:05:10] | well, this picture is worth such a lot of money | 这幅画值这么多钱 |
[1:05:20] | because it’s a picture of Whistler’s mother, | 因为这是维瑟勒之母的画像 |
[1:05:28] | and as I’ve learnt by staying with my best friend, | 我从跟好友大卫·蓝利 |
[1:05:35] | David Langley, and his family, | 和他家人同住的经验中学到 |
[1:05:38] | families are very important, | 家庭是非常重要的 |
[1:05:43] | and even though Mr Whistler was perfectly aware | 即使维瑟勒先生非常清楚 |
[1:05:49] | that his mother was a hideous old bat | 他母亲是个讨厌的老太婆 |
[1:05:53] | who looked like she had a cactus lodged up her backside, | 好像屁股后面插了根仙人掌似的 |
[1:05:58] | he stuck with her | 他仍跟她在一起 |
[1:06:00] | and even took the time to paint this amazing picture of her. | 甚至还花时间画出这幅伟大的作品 |
[1:06:07] | It’s not just a painting. | 这不只是一幅画而已 |
[1:06:10] | It’s a picture of a mad old cow | 这画里是他非常看重的 |
[1:06:15] | who he thought the world of, | 一位疯老太婆 |
[1:06:19] | and that’s marvellous. | 而这点非常感人 |
[1:06:23] | Well, that’s what I think, anyway. | 总之 那是我的想法啦 |
[1:06:26] | Bravo! Bravo! | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[1:07:00] | Home and dry. Where did you put the original? | 有惊无险 你把原画放到哪去了 |
[1:07:06] | Mr Langley, may I have a word? | 蓝利先生 可以跟你谈谈吗? |
[1:07:10] | Stay here. Shut up. | 你留下 闭嘴 |
[1:07:12] | – Mr Langley… – Okay, I can explain everything. | -蓝利先生… -好了 我可以解释 |
[1:07:15] | – What can you explain? – About the painting. | -你可以解释什么 -那幅画 |
[1:07:17] | – Which painting? – Whistler’s Mother. | -什么画 -“维瑟勒之母” |
[1:07:20] | I’m afraid, Mr Langley, I’m here in my capacity as a police officer, | 蓝利先生 很抱歉 我是来执行警察勤务 |
[1:07:23] | not as an art lover. | 不是当艺术爱好者的 |
[1:07:24] | It’s about your daughter. She’s been in a motorcycle accident. | 是你的女儿 她骑机车出车祸了 |
[1:07:56] | Damn! Request emergency clearance for 809Adam. | 可恶 809亚当要求紧急通行 |
[1:07:59] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[1:08:03] | 211 in progress. | 持械抢劫进行中 |
[1:08:04] | Suspect male, possibly armed. Request immediate backup. | 男性嫌犯 可能持枪 要求立刻派支援 |
[1:08:07] | Keep speeding. | 继续超速 |
[1:08:08] | Lf you get a ticket, I’ll tear it up. Thanks. | 有罚单我就帮你撕掉 谢谢 |
[1:08:10] | Hold it! Okay, easy, fellow, easy. Hold it, there. Right there. | 停小子 冷静点 停在那里别动 |
[1:08:13] | Hey! Easy. | 嘿冷静 |
[1:08:16] | Put it down. Put the gun down. | 放下来 把枪放下 |
[1:08:22] | Hi, I need Jennifer Langley’s room. | 嗨 我要找珍妮佛·蓝利的病房 |
[1:08:24] | She came in at about 11:00, motorcycle accident. | 她约在11点时 因摩托车车祸被送进来 |
[1:08:29] | Out of the way, sir. | 别挡路 先生 |
[1:08:42] | She’s on the fifth floor, east wing. Just take the elevator up. | 她在五楼东侧 坐电梯上去 |
[1:08:48] | Just… | 你… |
[1:08:50] | All right. | 好 |
[1:08:54] | I’m so… Just… | 我很… |
[1:08:57] | Please, just stay here and do nothing. | 请站在这里 什么也别做 |
[1:09:01] | If you do nothing, nothing can go wrong. | 你什么都不做的话 就不会出事 |
[1:09:06] | I’ve got to take care of my family now. | 我现在要去照顾家人了 |
[1:09:29] | The nurse says that it’s not a coma, that she’s just… | 护士说这不是昏迷 只是… |
[1:09:34] | She’s just sort of taking time out, | 说她只是进入熟睡状态 |
[1:09:37] | but we haven’t seen a doctor yet, so I don’t… | 可是我们还没看过医生 所以我不… |
[1:09:46] | – Dr Jacobson? – Yes? | -杰克森医生 -什么事 |
[1:09:48] | We need you urgently in OR 3. | 3号房需要你 |
[1:09:50] | – No can do. I’m due in number 4 at 1:00. – Sir, it’s urgent. | -不行 我一点就得到4号房去 -这是危急状况 |
[1:09:52] | We have a ruptured kidney and massive bleeding. | 病人肾脏破裂和大出血 |
[1:09:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:10:09] | Yes, it’s urgent! | 对 很危急 |
[1:10:12] | – What’s happening? – Surgeon’s on his way up. | -怎么回事 -外科医生马上过来 |
[1:10:16] | At last, Dr Bean. | 终于来了 豆子医生 |
[1:10:19] | Hello, Doctor. We’ve got a 45 year old male, blood type B negative, | 医生 这是45岁的男性 血型是B型阴性 |
[1:10:22] | brought in by paramedics 10 minutes ago. | 10分钟前送进医务室的 |
[1:10:24] | He’s got a penetrating injury to the left chest. | 左胸有贯穿伤口 |
[1:10:26] | The… Yes, yes, yes, yes. | 我… 对 对 |
[1:10:28] | The stethoscope’s fallen. | 听诊器掉了 |
[1:10:30] | – Gotta get him in there right now. – No, no, no! | -现在就让他进去 -别 别 |
[1:10:33] | Come in, Doctor. It looks like a bullet in the lower thorax. | 请进 医生 看来胸部下方中了子弹 |
[1:10:36] | It seems to have ruptured the lung, | 似乎使得肺脏破裂 |
[1:10:37] | and there’s severe inner bleeding along the abdomen. | 腹部还有严重内出血 |
[1:10:39] | Doctor, he’s coming to. | 医生 他醒了 |
[1:10:40] | – All right, give him a T70. – Got it. | -好 用T70替他注射 -好 |
[1:10:53] | Shall I extend the incision, sir? | 医生 要不要加长切口 |
[1:10:55] | We’ve taken it from the breastbone to the diaphragm. | 我们从胸骨切到横隔膜 |
[1:10:57] | We may have to extend further to get to the spleen. | 可能要延伸切口到脾脏 |
[1:11:01] | Sorry, sir, it’s only my first week. | 抱歉 这是我动手术的第一周 |
[1:11:04] | No, you’re right, Doctor. We should wait for the xrays. | 不 你是对的 医生 我们应该等照过X光后才动手 |
[1:11:07] | Help! We are losing this guy out here! | 救命这里有人快要死了 |
[1:11:09] | – For Jesus’ sake, we need help! – Go! Go! Go! Get in here! | -看在老天份上 我们要支援 -快快快过去 |
[1:11:15] | Watch he doesn’t go into haemodynamic shock. | 看着别让他发生失血休克 |
[1:11:17] | We’ll be right back. | 我们马上回来 |
[1:11:26] | – Defibrillating! – All right, charge the paddles to 200 watts. | -电击 -好 充电到2百瓦 |
[1:11:29] | Got it. | 好 |
[1:11:33] | Clear! | 准备 |
[1:12:16] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[1:12:51] | Jolly good. Clean it up. | 很好 洗干净 |
[1:13:14] | Sorry to keep you waiting, sir. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[1:13:15] | Nice work in there, people. Now back to the bleeding. | 各位做得很好 现在来处理出血 |
[1:13:17] | Where’s this blood coming from? We got to clamp it off. | 这血从哪来的我们得设法止住 |
[1:13:19] | – Where the hell’s that J17? – What happened? | -J17在哪 -怎样 |
[1:13:20] | We need that J17 in OR 4 right now. He’s got major trauma. | 第4手术室需要J17 他受到重大外伤 |
[1:13:23] | There’s too much blood. I can’t see a thing. | 血太多了 我什么都看不到 |
[1:13:25] | More suction. Somebody check that line. | 再做吸入 谁去看看血压 |
[1:13:27] | Blood pressure’s bottoming out. Hook me up with 12, will you? | 血压达到最低点 给我12号 |
[1:13:30] | His heart rate is dropping. We’re gonna lose him. | 心跳开始下降 他快死了 |
[1:13:33] | – How’s the TMS? – Come on, people! He’s crashing on us. | -电子追踪仪怎么说 -快呀 各位他快死了 |
[1:13:35] | Damn! | 可恶 |
[1:13:36] | I’m not getting a reading. Where is this bullet? | 我无法判断 子弹在哪里 |
[1:13:38] | Hang in there, fellow. Come on, hold on to him. | 加油啊 各位 快 别让他死掉 |
[1:13:40] | Lf we don’t find it, he’s a dead man. I am not gonna lose this guy. | 如果找不到子弹 他就死定了 我不能让他死 |
[1:13:43] | He’s slipping. | 他快不行了 |
[1:13:45] | Sir, we’re losing him. I’ve got to get in there now. | 他快死了 我得插进去 |
[1:13:53] | Doctor, you can’t just… It’s too dangerous! | 医生 你不能… 太危险了 |
[1:14:09] | My God! | 天哪 |
[1:14:14] | – Incredible. – Heart rate is stabilising. | -真惊人 -心跳开始正常 |
[1:14:17] | Blood pressure’s climbing back. | 血压回升了 |
[1:14:25] | You saved him! | 你救了他 |
[1:14:33] | Oh, Doctor, thank God. My daughter was in an accident. | 噢 医生 感谢老天 我女儿发生车祸 |
[1:14:36] | No one’s even taken a look at her yet. | 都还没人来诊断过 |
[1:14:37] | We’re desperate for some medical attention in here. | 我们着急死了 希望有医生会来 |
[1:14:41] | Would you mind? | 可否请您过来 |
[1:14:47] | Don’t worry, honey. The doctor will check her out. | 别担心 亲爱的 医生会替她检查 |
[1:14:49] | Oh, thank God. | 噢 感谢老天 |
[1:14:54] | Mr and Mrs Langley, | 蓝利先生 蓝利太太 |
[1:14:56] | any kind of damage to the brain is a very sensitive thing to observe, | 观察脑部损伤是非常精细的事 |
[1:15:00] | so maybe we should just step outside and give the doctor a little room to work. | 也许我们该退出去 让医生有空间做诊断 |
[1:15:04] | The first nurse said we shouldn’t think of it as a coma | 第一位护士说我们不该认为那是昏迷 |
[1:15:06] | but more like a deep sleep. | 比较像深度睡眠 |
[1:15:07] | Yes, that’s sort of true. Could I ask you a question? | 对 话是没错 我能不能问你一个问题 |
[1:15:21] | Jennifer? | 珍妮佛 |
[1:15:23] | Wakey, wakey, breakfast’s ready. | 醒来 醒来 早餐好啦 |
[1:15:27] | Jennifer? | 珍妮佛 |
[1:15:30] | What time is it? | 现在几点 |
[1:15:33] | It’s almost 2:00. | 快2点了 |
[1:15:35] | Can you turn the clock back about 12 hours for me? | 能不能把时间往回调12小时 |
[1:15:40] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:15:52] | Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! | 醒来醒来呀 |
[1:15:58] | I don’t know what to say about Bean. | 我不知道该怎么说豆子的事 |
[1:16:01] | He’s clearly a force 10 disaster area, | 他绝对是个强度10的大灾难 |
[1:16:06] | but, God help me, I like him. | 可是老天爷啊 我很喜欢他 |
[1:16:13] | Now, having said that, there is no reason in the world | 但即使我这么说 世上也没有任何理由 |
[1:16:18] | why any of you should ever have anything to do with him again. | 要让你们其中的谁跟他有任何牵连 |
[1:17:03] | Mom? Dad? Anyone? | 妈爸谁在这里 |
[1:17:07] | Oh, my God, Jennifer. | 噢 天哪 珍妮佛 |
[1:17:08] | – Oh, honey. Sweetie. Honey! – Oh, look at you. | -甜心 宝贝 甜心 -看看你 |
[1:17:10] | – Mum, what happened? – You had an accident, honey, | -妈 怎么回事 -你出车祸了 |
[1:17:13] | but everything is gonna be okay. | 但现在都没事了 |
[1:17:16] | – But what happened to Stingo? – Just bruises, collar bone. | -史汀哥怎么样了 -只有锁骨瘀青 |
[1:17:19] | He’ll be fine, until I get my hands on him. | 他还没事 直到我去修理他一顿为止 |
[1:17:22] | – Hey, Doctor, where are you going? – Where do you think you’re going? | -医生 你要去哪 -你可不能走呀 |
[1:17:25] | How can we ever say thank you? No, you’ve made us so happy. | 我们要怎么谢你才够 不 你让我们太高兴了 |
[1:17:29] | – Tell us, what can we do? We’ll do anything. – Anything. | -说吧 我们要怎么谢你什么都行 -什么都行 |
[1:17:41] | Well, I suppose you could let me stay another week. | 那我想你们可以让我再住一个礼拜 |
[1:17:57] | Sunset Boulevard. | 日落大道 |
[1:19:02] | – Presents! Presents! – Hey! What’s this all about? | -礼物唷礼物 -嘿 这是怎么回事 |
[1:19:08] | This is heavy. Thank you. | 真重 谢谢 |
[1:19:09] | – Next present for Jen. – Thanks. | -下一个礼物给珍 -谢谢 |
[1:19:12] | Let’s see what we got here. | 看看我们得到什么 |
[1:19:14] | Oh, look, laxatives. Yeah, a whole box of them. | 噢 是泻药 哇 一整盒的泻药 |
[1:19:19] | Oh, hey, there they are. | 嘿 这个给你 |
[1:19:21] | Eggs, six of them. | 六颗蛋哦 |
[1:19:24] | Barbie! | 芭比娃娃 |
[1:19:28] | – Thanks. – What did you get there? | -谢谢 -你收到什么? |
[1:19:43] | Smile. | 笑一个 |
[1:19:54] | Give us a smile. | 笑一个 |
[1:20:01] | Byebye! Bye! | 拜拜 拜 |
[1:20:03] | Bye, Beanie! | 阿豆 拜 |
[1:20:07] | See you! | 再见 |
[1:20:13] | Farewell! | 别了 |
[1:20:20] | Do not leave your car unattended. | 请看好您的车子 |
[1:20:23] | – Unattended vehicles… – Well, Beanie, it’s been | -无人的车辆… -阿豆 这几天过得 |
[1:20:28] | surreal. | 真离奇 |
[1:20:31] | I want you to know you can come back and visit anytime. | 我想告诉你 你随时可以回来拜访 |
[1:20:35] | Yes. In the fairly distant future. | 好 最好在颇为遥远的将来 |
[1:20:43] | I know it sounds insane, | 我知道这话听来很疯狂 |
[1:20:46] | but I’m really gonna miss you. | 但我真的会想念你 |
[1:20:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:21:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:21:12] | Okay. Goodbye again. | 好啦 再见 |
[1:28:44] | Yes, I normally stay till the end as well. | 对 我通常也会待到最后 |
[1:28:50] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:28:58] | You can go now if you wish. | 想走的话 现在可以走了 |
[1:29:04] | Dear me. | 哎呀 |
[1:29:05] | Bye. | 拜 |