时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Our little guy’s going to college! | 我们的宝贝儿子要去上大学了 |
[00:07] | What’s up, Ted? | 有什么事吗 泰德 |
[00:08] | I won’t be able to make it over there to help load the van. | 我没法赶去帮你们装行李上车 |
[00:11] | Bye, Ted. | 再见 泰德 |
[00:14] | So, let’s find out a little more about you. | 不如我们再加深一点对你的了解 |
[00:16] | How about extracurriculars? | 有感兴趣的课外活动吗 |
[00:18] | Do you have a family member with autism? | 你有患自闭症的家人吗 |
[00:19] | I actually do. | 还真有 |
[00:20] | You should come to our support group. | 你应该来我们的互助小组 |
[00:22] | I’m Chloe. | 我叫克洛伊 |
[00:25] | Looking at what we really want can be terrifying. | 正视我们真正的欲望可能会令人恐惧 |
[00:29] | But that tell us we’ve stumbled onto something real. | 但正是那份恐惧告诉我们 我们发现了真实的东西 |
[02:08] | This is… | 这… |
[03:02] | Knock, knock. | 咚咚咚 |
[03:05] | Hey, Sanjay. | 桑杰 |
[03:06] | I just wanted to give you the heads up. | 跟你说一下 |
[03:08] | If you’re around later, I’m having a little… | 如果过会儿你有空的话 我宿舍里… |
[03:10] | gathering in my room. | 会办个聚会 |
[03:13] | We’re gonna watch nature docs and drink some Beaujolais. | 我们要看自然纪录片 喝薄酒莱葡萄酒 |
[03:16] | That sounds fun. | 听上去很有意思 |
[03:18] | But… probably not. | 但我应该没空 |
[03:22] | No presh. See you around, B‐rizzle. | 没事 回头见 哥们 |
[03:34] | ‐ Here you go. ‐ Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[03:36] | Sorry it was late. I‐‐ I didn’t realize | 抱歉我晚来了 我不知道 |
[03:37] | you had to pay a second semester so early. | 这么早就要交第二学期的学费 |
[03:39] | Oh, it’s fine. You really didn’t have to… | 没事 你真的不必 |
[03:42] | drive it over here. You could have just put it in the mail. | 开车过来的 你可以寄给我的 |
[03:44] | Oh, no, no, it was my mistake. | 不不 是我的错 |
[03:45] | I didn’t want you to have to wait. | 我不想你等太久 |
[03:48] | Well, thanks. | 谢了 |
[03:49] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[03:52] | Uh… I’m good. | 我很好 |
[03:54] | ‐ ‘Kay… ‐ Hey, do you mind if I just, uh, | -好的 -你介意我 |
[03:55] | hit the head before I hit the road? | 在上路前用下卫生间吗 |
[04:00] | ‐ Uh… Uh… Sure. ‐ Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[04:06] | So, what do you think? He seems to be finding his footing. | 你觉得怎么样 他好像适应得不错 |
[04:09] | Oh, have you‐‐ You guys have been talking? | 你 你们最近有聊天吗 |
[04:13] | Yeah, a bit. | 聊过一点 |
[04:15] | So, uh‐‐ Actually, we were chatting the other day, | 我们那天有谈到 |
[04:17] | and we had the idea | 我们想 |
[04:19] | that maybe I would do parents’ weekend. | 或许家长周末可以我陪他 |
[04:21] | If you’re on board with a little father‐son time. | 如果你同意父子聚聚的话 |
[04:24] | Um… Hm. I‐‐ Wait, what? | 我 等等 什么 |
[04:29] | Yeah, I just haven’t seen him in forever, and, uh… | 我很久没见过他了 然后 |
[04:32] | and the idea came up, he got pretty jazzed about it, so… | 然后就想到了这点子 他挺激动的 |
[04:37] | Um… Hm… I haven’t seen him either, Ted, | 我最近也没见到他 泰德 |
[04:39] | I’ve been‐‐ I’ve been planning it for a really… | 我为此筹备了 |
[04:41] | a long time, so… | 很久了 |
[04:43] | Yeah, I just thought‐‐ I don’t know, | 我就想着 我也不知道 |
[04:46] | I thought maybe you’d wanna stay home and rest. | 我以为你想留在家里休息 |
[04:48] | You’re always saying how tired you are. | 你总说你有多累 |
[04:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:55] | What? | 怎么 |
[04:55] | So, this isn’t a question. | 所以你并不是在问我 |
[04:59] | Right? You’re not actually asking me, | 对吧 你不是在征求我的意见 |
[05:03] | you’re… | 你是在… |
[05:05] | you’re just telling me. | 你是在告诉我 |
[05:07] | Right? You guys have decided this. | 对吧 你们早决定了 |
[05:10] | Woah, okay, I‐‐ | 好吧 我 |
[05:11] | I didn’t think this was gonna be a big problem. I‐‐ | 我没想到这会是什么大问题 我 |
[05:14] | You’re always asking me to spend more time with him. | 你总是让我多陪陪他 |
[05:15] | – Not with no notice on my weekend, Ted! ‐ Wow, okay. | -总得提前说一声啊 泰德 -好吧 |
[05:19] | Look, uh, I didn’t come here to get yelled at. | 我不是过来被你吼的 |
[05:20] | Oh, so now you’re ju‐‐ | 所以你… |
[05:21] | Oh, now you’re just leaving? | 你这就走了吗 |
[05:22] | Can’t talk to you when you get like this. | 你这样我没法跟你谈 |
[05:30] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[05:39] | Hey, Brendan, it’s Mom. How are ya? | 布兰登 我是妈妈 你好吗 |
[05:42] | I was really looking forward to this weekend, | 我本来很期待这个周末 |
[05:45] | but your dad just came by and told me about the… | 但你爸刚过来跟我说 |
[05:47] | …change in plans. | 计划有变 |
[05:49] | You know, to be honest, | 说实话 |
[05:51] | I expect that sneaky shit from him, | 我知道他喜欢耍阴招 |
[05:53] | but not from you. | 但你不是啊 |
[05:55] | But… you know… | 不过你懂的 |
[05:59] | do what you have to do. | 做你该做的事 |
[06:01] | Just don’t want you to… | 只是当你爸让你失望的时候 |
[06:03] | …get surprised when he disappoints you. | 你别太惊讶 |
[06:06] | Because I have to tell you something, Brendan, | 因为我得告诉你 布兰登 |
[06:08] | that’s who he is. | 他就是这种人 |
[06:10] | Your dad is selfish and he is disappointing. | 你爸又自私又令人失望 |
[06:18] | So, yeah. Yeah, he cheated on me. | 没错 他搞外遇 |
[06:22] | He cheated on me, dude. | 他背着我搞外遇 儿子 |
[06:24] | But what I don’t think you understand… | 不过我觉得你没明白的是 |
[06:42] | …larger than one city or larger than one country starts to collapse. | 不仅是一个城市 一个国家开始崩塌 |
[06:46] | Yo, Craig. Brookside, right? You went to Brookside? | 克雷格 布鲁克赛德 对吧 你是布鲁克赛德毕业的 |
[06:49] | I played lax at Haddington. | 我在哈丁顿打长曲棍球 |
[06:51] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, | 对 没错 |
[06:52] | you scored the winning goal | 你在高中最后那年的半决赛 |
[06:53] | in the semi‐final, senior year, | 打入了致胜球 |
[06:54] | ‐ right? ‐ Yeah, yeah, yeah! | -对吧 -对对 没错 |
[06:55] | Ah, man, you played, like, really tough D, like, | 老天 你防守得很卖命 |
[06:58] | I remember, you were all over me. | 我记得你把我扑到了 |
[07:00] | ‐ It’s good to see you, man. ‐ Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -很高兴见到你 -对 我也是 |
[07:01] | ‐ Hey, you wanna sit? ‐ Yeah, sure, man, sure. | -想一起坐吗 -当然 当然 |
[07:03] | What’s up, guys? | 你们好吗 各位 |
[07:04] | ‐ Guys, this is Brendan. ‐ Yeah, yo. | -各位 这是布兰登 -你好 |
[07:06] | I mean, look, the only real practical solution for emissions | 解决温室气体最实际的方法 |
[07:09] | ‐ is cap and trade. ‐ Droughts are getting longer, | -就是限额交易 -干旱时长越来越久 |
[07:11] | hurricanes are getting worse. | 飓风也变得愈发严重 |
[07:12] | ‐ Superstorms happen every year. ‐ That’s just weather, | -每年都有超级风暴 -那只是天气 |
[07:15] | it’s not climate. Do you even understand the difference? | 不是气候 你知道这两者的区别吗 |
[07:17] | Have you guys seen the video of the guy surfing | 你们看过那个视频吗 |
[07:21] | during a tsunami? | 一个人在海啸时冲浪 |
[07:22] | No. | 没有 |
[07:24] | ‐ I don’t think so. ‐ You guys‐‐ Okay. | -没有 -你们…好吧 |
[07:27] | That’s what I would do. | 我会那么做 |
[07:31] | What? | 什么 |
[07:33] | Like… | 就是 |
[07:35] | climate change… sucks… obviously. | 显然气候变化很糟心 |
[07:39] | So, might as well make the best of it is what I’m saying. | 那不如就好好利用 我就是这意思 |
[07:47] | Anyway, I’m just saying, if that’s your solution, | 好吧 我只是说 如果那是你的解决方法 |
[07:49] | Florida will literally be underwater | 佛罗里达州将在未来五十年里 |
[07:51] | in the next 50 years. | 被海淹没 |
[07:52] | Humans aren’t causing global warming. | 人类不是全球变暖的始作俑者 |
[07:55] | ‐ All right… ‐ It’s the cows, man. | -好吧 -奶牛才是 哥们 |
[07:55] | 妈妈 语音留言和未接来电 | |
[07:57] | You’re saying cows cause global warming. | 你是说奶牛造成了全球变暖 |
[07:59] | ‐ Yo, I’ll be right back. ‐ No, I’m not saying that, | -我一会回来 -不 我没那么说 |
[08:01] | I’m not saying that at all. | 我根本不是那个意思 |
[08:03] | All right, well, what are you‐‐ | 好吧 那你是… |
[08:03] | I’m saying that cows contribute to it. | 我是说奶牛有一定责任 |
[08:05] | Zadie Smith writes that people are like complex musical scores, | 查蒂·史密斯写到人们就像复杂的乐谱 |
[08:09] | depending, at least in part, upon who is doing the conducting. | 至少有部分取决于谁来指挥 |
[08:13] | So, when you think about your lives… | 那么 想想你们自己的生活 |
[08:17] | who is the conductor? | 谁是指挥家 |
[08:20] | Anyone? | 有人分享吗 |
[08:23] | Guys! Come on! This is‐‐ is supposed to be a place | 各位 拜托 这里本该是一个 |
[08:26] | where you bare your souls, | 能让你放松灵魂的地方 |
[08:29] | and it feels like the DMV. | 但现在这里感觉像车管所 |
[08:32] | Okay, um… Is it me? | 好吧 是因为我吗 |
[08:37] | ‐ Am I a bad teacher? ‐ No, no… | -我是个糟糕的老师吗 -不不 |
[08:38] | ‐ No, you’re great. ‐ Then, why do you all look like zombies? | -不 你棒极了 -那你们为什么都看起来像僵尸 |
[08:43] | I‐‐ I think… it might be the room. | 我觉得可能是教室的原因 |
[08:46] | Yeah, the light, uh… is really distracting. | 对 这灯 很让人分心 |
[08:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:51] | It’s really fucking annoying, is what it is. | 是很烦人 确实如此 |
[08:52] | Oh, my God! Yes, yes… | 天呐 没错 |
[08:56] | Okay, here’s a thought, | 好了 我有个想法 |
[08:59] | ‐ what if we move class to a bar? ‐ Yes. | -我们到酒吧上课怎么样 -好 |
[09:02] | ‐ Oh, okay. ‐ They’re alive! | -好 -活过来了 |
[09:04] | Have you guys ever been to Tara’s? On Front Street? | 你们去过塔拉酒吧吗 前街上的那个 |
[09:09] | You‐‐ You like that dump? | 你喜欢那个鬼地方 |
[09:11] | ‐ Fuck you, man, I own it! ‐ Oh, okay! | -去你的 那是我开的 -好吧 |
[09:15] | ‐ Drinks on me! – Okay! | -我请客 -好呀 |
[09:18] | ‐ It’s my bar! I’m not kidding! ‐ I don’t doubt it! | -是我开的 我没开玩笑 -我毫不怀疑 |
[09:21] | So, yeah… yeah… he cheated on me. | 对 他搞外遇 |
[09:25] | He cheated on me, dude. | 他背着我搞外遇 儿子 |
[09:27] | But what I don’t think you understand, bud… | 但我觉得你不明白的是 儿子 |
[09:31] | is that he actually cheated on both of us. | 他其实把我们俩都绿了 |
[09:35] | Have a great parents’ weekend. | 祝你家长周末愉快 |
[09:43] | Does‐‐ Does anyone else have a response to Zadie Smith? | 还有人想对查蒂·史密斯的话做出回应吗 |
[09:48] | The idea of who’s conducting your life… | 谁在指挥我们的生活的这个想法 |
[09:53] | For some reason, that hit me like a brick. | 出于某种原因 使我醍醐灌顶 |
[09:56] | And‐‐ And why? | 为什么 |
[09:58] | My mom wanted me to be a doctor. | 我妈妈想让我成为一名医生 |
[10:02] | So, I became one, even though I didn’t wanna be. | 所以我当了医生 尽管并非我所愿 |
[10:06] | ‐ So, now, I’m a radiologist. ‐ Shit! You’re a doctor, huh? | -我现在是放射科医生 -你居然是医生 |
[10:12] | ‐ That’s great, man. ‐ No, uh… | -太棒了 伙计 -不 |
[10:14] | I‐‐ I think what Curtis might be saying is it’s hard for us | 我觉得柯蒂斯的意思是对我们来说 |
[10:19] | to disappoint someone that we love. Right? | 我们都不愿让我们所爱之人失望 对吗 |
[10:23] | I know I couldn’t be who my father wanted me to be, | 我知道自己没法成为我父亲想让我成为的人 |
[10:27] | and because of that, we didn’t speak for years. | 因为这点 我们好几年没有说过话 |
[10:32] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[10:34] | He couldn’t‐‐ He couldn’t handle my coming out. | 他不能接受我出柜 |
[10:39] | So, you’re… a lesbian. | 这么说 你是同性恋 |
[10:42] | No, I mean‐‐ I mean, when I transitioned. | 不 我指的是我变性的时候 |
[10:45] | I’m‐‐ I’m trans. | 我是跨性别者 |
[10:49] | So… you weren’t born… | 那么 你出生的时候不是… |
[10:53] | Question, though. Does that mean | 我有个问题 这意味着 |
[10:55] | ‐ you had the surgery? ‐ Barry! | -你做了手术吗 -巴里 |
[10:58] | ‐ Am I not allowed to ask that? ‐ How would you feel | -我不能问这种问题吗 -如果有人问你的生殖器 |
[11:00] | if someone asked you about your genitals? | 你会是什么感受 |
[11:02] | Go right ahead, I’m an open book. | 直接问 我没有秘密可言 |
[11:03] | No. Okay. Guys, we don’t need to hear about that right now. | 别说了 好了 现在不必讨论这个话题 |
[11:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:08] | I’m sorry, I don’t always know the rules about these things. | 对不起 我有时候搞不清楚这些条条框框 |
[11:12] | Are you and your dad o‐‐ okay… now? Are you talking? | 你和你父亲和好了吗 你现在会和他讲话吗 |
[11:17] | Yeah. Yeah, we are. I‐‐ He‐‐ He drives me crazy, | 和好了 他要把我逼疯了 |
[11:22] | ‐ but he’s‐‐ he’s my dad. ‐ Good. | -但他毕竟是我父亲 -真好 |
[11:39] | Brendan, right? | 你是布兰登吧 |
[11:40] | ‐ Yeah. ‐ Sorry, sorry. | -嗯 -不好意思 |
[11:42] | Tennis team took long and then I had to pick up snacks | 网球队耽误了一段时间 然后我还得去买零食 |
[11:44] | and if I’m gonna be real I… took a nap. | 老实说 我其实小睡了一会 |
[11:47] | Nice, I wasn’t going in. | 挺好的 我没打算进去 |
[11:50] | I‐‐ I don’t think I should‐‐ | 我觉得我不应该… |
[11:52] | Oh, I know, you were just passing by, | 我知道 你刚刚只是路过 |
[11:54] | and then I showed up, and you did a terrible job of lying to me, | 然后我出现了 你骗人的技术太差了 |
[11:58] | ‐ and now we’re going inside. ‐ Oh, we are? | -现在我们要进去 -是吗 |
[12:00] | ‐ Oh, great. ‐ Come on! | -太好了 -快 |
[12:01] | ‐ Yep. ‐ Yeah. | -好 -嗯 |
[12:06] | Do you like this class? | 你喜欢这个课吗 |
[12:13] | Yeah. Yeah, I do. | 喜欢 |
[12:17] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[12:19] | Yeah. I mean… | 喜欢 我是说 |
[12:22] | …sometimes I sit there and I’m like, | 有时候我坐在那 想着 |
[12:23] | “What am I doing here?” | “我在这里做什么” |
[12:26] | But… | 但是 |
[12:29] | What are you doing here? You’re such a smart kid, | 你在这里做什么 你是个很聪明的孩子 |
[12:32] | why aren’t you off at college? | 你为什么不去读大学 |
[12:39] | I didn’t have a great high school experience. | 我的高中生活过得不是很顺利 |
[12:43] | So, I’m‐‐ I’m just trying to re‐group, or whatever. | 所以我就想重整旗鼓 |
[12:48] | Where’d you go to school? | 你在哪读的高中 |
[12:51] | Haddington High. | 哈丁顿高中 |
[12:53] | Did you know my son? Brendan? Brendan Fletcher? | 你认识我儿子吗 布兰登 布兰登·弗莱彻 |
[12:59] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[13:03] | Take it you two aren’t friends, huh? | 看来你们俩不是朋友 |
[13:07] | Not really. | 差不多吧 |
[13:12] | Well… his loss. | 是他的损失 |
[13:19] | Let’s go get some wings. | 我们去吃点鸡翅 |
[13:20] | Yeah. | 好 |
[13:22] | Jonathan is my half‐brother. | 乔纳森是我同父异母的弟弟 |
[13:25] | He lives with my dad and my stepmom. | 他和我爸还有继母住在一起 |
[13:29] | My dad is great with him… | 我爸对他很好 |
[13:31] | even though he’s a really busy guy. | 尽管他很忙 |
[13:34] | So, like, I go to his place once a month and just, like, | 我每个月会去他家一次 |
[13:37] | hang out, and, um, we watch Scrubs… | 跟他聚聚 一起看《实习医生风云》 |
[13:41] | after Jonathan goes to bed‐‐ | 然后乔纳森去睡觉 |
[13:45] | It’s kinda stupid, but it’s pretty funny. | 挺傻的 不过很有意思 |
[13:47] | It’s a good show. So, my dad gets really exhausted. | 那是部不错的剧 我爸爸会很累 |
[13:52] | Like, completely worn out, | 筋疲力尽 |
[13:53] | because Jonathan is a lot of work. | 因为照顾乔纳森很辛苦 |
[13:55] | He’s not retarded, but he’s‐‐ | 他不是弱智 但他… |
[13:57] | This is a good moment to lightly remind everyone | 我要借此机会提醒下在座各位 |
[14:00] | that we don’t use the R word here. | 我们不使用R词 |
[14:02] | ‐ Thank you for reminding me. ‐ Oh, no, I‐‐ I mean… | -谢谢提醒我 -不 我是说 |
[14:04] | I didn’t mean it like that, I just mean he’s… | 我不是那个意思 我是说他… |
[14:08] | he’s not normal! | 他不正常 |
[14:10] | We try to stay away from “normal” too. We use “neurotypical.” | 我们也尽量不使用”正常” 我们使用”神经正常” |
[14:14] | All right, so then, my half‐brother is very… | 好吧 我同父异母的弟弟很… |
[14:18] | He’s‐‐ Well, he’s neuro‐not‐typical. | 他神经不正常 |
[14:22] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:23] | I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to… | 抱歉 我不是有意… |
[14:26] | you know, say “retarded,” I didn’t mean to assume that | 说”弱智”的 我不是有意假设 |
[14:28] | anyone’s family member in here is retarded. | 这里有人的家庭成员是弱智 |
[14:31] | He just said it two more times. | 他又说了两次 |
[14:33] | Okay, would anyone else like to share? | 还有人想分享下吗 |
[14:40] | So, what do you do for work? | 你是做什么工作的 |
[14:43] | I am a‐‐ I’m the director at a senior center. | 我在一个老年中心当主管 |
[14:47] | That’s not what I pictured. | 跟我想象中完全不一样 |
[14:49] | Yeah, well, it’s‐‐ it’s not what I pictured either, so… | 我也想不到 |
[14:52] | No, but it’s cool. | 挺酷的 |
[14:54] | ‐ I think it’s like‐‐ ‐ Ah, it’s not cool. | -我觉得就像 -并不酷 |
[14:55] | It is though, because it’s, like, good, you know? | 很酷啊 因为那很好 |
[14:59] | I think if‐‐ I mean, if you’re the one working | 如果是你在照顾 |
[15:02] | with a bunch of old people, | 一群老人 |
[15:03] | it must be very exciting for them. | 对他们来说肯定很兴奋 |
[15:12] | Um, this table’s driving me crazy. | 这桌子要把我逼疯了 |
[15:14] | Can you hold these, please? I’ll be right back. | 你能拿着吗 我马上就好 |
[15:34] | ‐ How’s that? ‐ Much better. | -怎么样 -好多了 |
[15:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:40] | Yeah. | 客气 |
[15:41] | Can I tell you a secret that you can’t tell anyone else in class? | 我能跟你说个秘密吗 但你不能告诉班里的其他人 |
[15:47] | Obviously, I’m saying yes to that. | 我当然要答应你了 |
[15:50] | You are the only one who can write. | 只有你会写作 |
[15:52] | Oh, shit, yeah? | 是吗 |
[15:53] | Yeah, so far. I’m not saying there won’t be a sleeper. | 目前为止是的 当然也有可能还有我没发觉的有写作天赋的人 |
[15:56] | It means a lot coming from you. | 你这么说对我意义重大 |
[16:00] | I‐‐ I’m actually working on a sci‐fi novel. | 我在写一本科幻小说 |
[16:04] | It’s about an alien civilization | 关于一个外星人文明 |
[16:06] | that colonizes Earth and you think it’s the future, | 殖民了地球 你以为是未来 |
[16:11] | but at the end, you find out it’s the ancient past, | 但是在最后 你会发现其实是在远古 |
[16:15] | and it’s how civilization began. | 文明就是那样开始的 |
[16:21] | I don’t love it. | 我不喜欢 |
[16:22] | ‐ What? Come on. ‐ It’s like‐‐ No. No, it’s that | -什么 拜托 -不不 只是 |
[16:24] | ‐ I’m just not a sci‐fi girl. ‐ Not even Close Encounters? | -我对科幻不太感兴趣 -《第三类接触》都不感兴趣吗 |
[16:28] | Close what? | 什么接触 |
[16:30] | Get out of here. | 滚出 |
[16:31] | Get in your car and go home. | 上车回家吧 |
[16:32] | No, I think I’m gonna stick around a little longer | 不 我觉得我还要多待一会儿 |
[16:34] | to give you shit for being a huge nerd. | 嘲笑你这个书呆子 |
[16:43] | Thank you for… having me in there. | 谢谢你邀请我过来 |
[16:47] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[16:48] | Thanks for sharing. | 谢谢你分享的故事 |
[16:49] | Aside from a few repeated slurs… | 除了你的几次侮辱言论 |
[16:53] | you did great. | 你表现得很棒 |
[17:03] | So, you wanna hang out? | 你想一起玩玩吗 |
[17:06] | You trying to run game on me | 我正安慰你 |
[17:07] | while I’m giving you a comfort hug? | 你却趁机撩我吗 |
[17:11] | ‐ Maybe a little, yeah. ‐ That’s what I thought. | -也许吧 -我就知道 |
[17:15] | I… No, I don’t wanna hang out. Not tonight. | 不 我不想玩 今晚不行 |
[17:20] | Busy? | 很忙吗 |
[17:21] | No, I literally have no plans, I just haven’t decided | 不 我没有安排 我只是没决定 |
[17:25] | what this is yet. | 我们这算什么关系 |
[17:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:35] | Bye. See ya. | 再见 |
[17:40] | How old were you when you guys met? | 你们认识的时候你们多大 |
[17:46] | Um… Nineteen. I was a sophomore. | 19岁 我当时大二 |
[17:49] | What’d you like about him? | 你喜欢他的什么 |
[17:51] | Everybody liked Ted. He was, like, you know, | 人人都喜欢泰德 他 你懂的 |
[17:55] | he was so charming. | 他很有魅力 |
[17:57] | And smart. And hot. | 聪明 性感 |
[18:01] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[18:03] | Was I hot? No. | 我性感吗 不 |
[18:06] | ‐ No. ‐ No, like, | -不 -不是 我是说 |
[18:07] | what were you like back then? | 你当时是什么样的 |
[18:12] | I was a… | 我… |
[18:14] | big dork, actually. I spent most of my time in the library. | 书呆子一个 我大多数时间都泡在图书馆里 |
[18:18] | ‐ Did you get straight As? ‐ I did. | -你全优吗 -是的 |
[18:21] | Like, what else were you into? What were you doing? | 你还喜欢什么 你当时在做什么 |
[18:25] | Uh… I don’t know… I liked music. | 我不知道 我喜欢音乐 |
[18:29] | What kind? | 什么样的音乐 |
[18:32] | Uh… Probably nothing within your vibe, | 也许跟你不一样 |
[18:34] | but Liz Phair, The Smiths, Buzzcocks. | 我喜欢莉兹·菲尔 史密斯乐团 嗡嗡鸡 |
[18:39] | ‐ I love all that. ‐ You do? | -我都喜欢 -是吗 |
[18:41] | Yeah! What, you didn’t peg me for British punk? | 是的 你觉得我不会喜欢英式朋克吗 |
[18:44] | No, I just‐‐ It’s surprising. I don’t know. | 不 我只是… 这很意外 |
[18:47] | Well, yeah, you too. I mean, you work in a senior center | 你也是啊 你在老年中心上班 |
[18:49] | and you have ice in your wine. | 你喝酒加冰 |
[18:51] | Leave me alone. It tastes better that way! | 放过我 这样更好喝 |
[18:54] | ‐ Sorry. ‐ God. | -抱歉 -天啊 |
[18:57] | Anyway, you’re right. I used to be fun, now I’m boring. | 总之你说得对 我以前很有趣 现在无聊死了 |
[18:59] | No. That’s not what I’m saying at all, no. | 没有 我不是那个意思 |
[19:02] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[19:04] | …you’re secretly still punk. | 你暗地里仍然很朋克 |
[19:21] | Yeah, I specialize in the brain, | 我的专长是大脑 |
[19:23] | Alzheimer’s and tumors and things like that. | 老年痴呆症 肿瘤之类的 |
[19:26] | God, that must be really hard. | 天 一定很难吧 |
[19:28] | It was at first, but now it’s just routine. | 开始是的 现在习惯了 |
[19:31] | Honestly, at this point, | 老实说 这个时候 |
[19:33] | I’d rather be doing what you’re doing. | 我宁愿做你的工作 |
[19:35] | ‐ Seriously? ‐ Mm‐hm. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[19:36] | I wish I could do something other than writing. | 我希望我能从事写作以外的事 |
[19:39] | ‐ Anything at all. ‐ Wait… | -任何事都行 -等等 |
[19:42] | aren’t you in some fancy literary magazine? | 你不是在一个高级文学杂志工作吗 |
[19:44] | Did someone Google the teacher? | 有人搜索了老师吗 |
[19:48] | I’m sorry about what I said earlier. | 抱歉我之前说的话 |
[19:50] | You know I wasn’t trying to cause a whole thing. | 你知道我并不想搞事的 |
[19:53] | Oh, yeah. Of course, Barry. | 当然 巴里 |
[19:56] | Popcorn shrimp for the lady. | 给你的爆米花虾 |
[20:03] | Barry! | 巴里 |
[20:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:12] | What about her? Look at her. | 她呢 看看她 |
[20:15] | Look, she’s cute. You just go talk to her. | 她很可爱 你应该去找她聊聊 |
[20:17] | Go talk to her. | 去吧 |
[20:20] | I’m really bad at just… | 我很不擅长 |
[20:23] | starting conversation out of nowhere. | 寻找聊天话题 |
[20:26] | I think you are so much better than you think you are. | 我觉得你没你自认为的那么差 |
[20:30] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[20:31] | You’re curious. | 你好奇 |
[20:33] | You wait to talk. You don’t just start… | 你会等我说完再说 你不会 |
[20:36] | jabbering on. | 吱吱喳喳个不停 |
[20:37] | You actually take in what the other person is saying. | 你会把对方的话听进去 |
[20:42] | By the way, that’s rare. | 这很罕见 |
[20:45] | Girls… | 女生们 |
[20:47] | Girls like it. | 女生们很喜欢 |
[20:49] | They like it a lot. | 特别喜欢 |
[20:51] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[21:00] | Doesn’t‐‐ It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[21:01] | She‐‐ I’m not‐‐ She’s not my type. | 她不是我的菜 |
[21:04] | But you’re too young to have a type. | 但你这么年轻 没有喜欢的型很正常 |
[21:06] | ‐ I have a type. ‐ Okay, what’s your type? | -我有喜欢的型 -是什么 |
[21:11] | Come on. | 说吧 |
[21:13] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:18] | I like dark hair. | 我喜欢深色头发 |
[21:30] | How old are you? | 你多大 |
[21:34] | How old are you? | 你多大 |
[21:39] | Nineteen. | 19岁 |
[21:42] | Forty‐five. | 45岁 |
[21:47] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[21:50] | Would you mind, Julian? | 你介意吗 朱利安 |
[21:52] | Course. | 当然 |
[22:00] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[22:02] | I think I have a… crush on Curtis. | 我好像喜欢上柯蒂斯了 |
[22:05] | Okay! | 好啊 |
[22:08] | Is that kosher? | 这样可以吗 |
[22:09] | The student‐teacher thing? | 搞师生恋 |
[22:12] | God, no. | 不行 |
[22:13] | Not really, no. | 并不可以 |
[22:16] | But, I mean, God, we’re adults, right? | 但我们是成年人 对吗 |
[22:20] | ‐ Yeah. Yeah. ‐ Right. | -是的 -是啊 |
[22:25] | Do you wanna dance? | 你想跳舞吗 |
[22:30] | ‐ Oh, man, are you okay? ‐ Yeah. | -你还好吗 -嗯 |
[22:40] | I haven’t heard this song in so long! | 我好久没听过这首歌了 |
[22:45] | Oh, I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[22:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[22:52] | ‐ Get up. Go. ‐ Come on. | -上去 -快来 |
[22:54] | Come on. Let me see some moves. | 让我看看你的舞姿 |
[23:03] | It just really isn’t my thing. | 我真的不会跳 |
[23:07] | ‐ Eve picked it out. ‐ What? | -伊芙选的 -什么 |
[23:14] | Oh, what are you? Oh, what are you? | 你是什么 你到底是什么 |
[23:20] | …open its mouth | 张开它的嘴 |
[23:21] | and thrilled to say, “I’m bigger than you think.” | 激动地说 我比你想象中大 |
[23:24] | Okay, fun fact. That’s also how I attract mates. | 说个趣事 我也是这么吸引配偶的 |
[23:50] | ‐ Hello? ‐ Hey, mom. | -喂 -妈 |
[23:52] | Are you okay? ‘Cause, uh, you just‐‐ | 你还好吗 你… |
[23:54] | ‐ I got your message. ‐ Oh, honey, I can’t hear you. | -我收到你留言了 -亲爱的 我听不见你 |
[23:57] | ‐ What? ‐ Are you? Really? | -什么 -是吗 |
[23:59] | Okay, you just‐‐ You sounded like, um‐‐ | 你听上去… |
[24:02] | Uh, don’t‐‐ don’t worry about it, honey. | 别担心 亲爱的 |
[24:03] | We’ll just talk tomorrow! | 我们明天谈 |
[24:11] | Oh, this is the best part. | 这是最棒的部分 |
[24:45] | ‐ Come on. ‐ I’ll‐‐ I’ll put more on. | -行了 -我再去放点 |
[24:47] | Uh… All right. | 好了 |
[24:49] | All right. Somebody’s gotta take the kid home. | 有人得送他回家 |
[24:51] | What? No, I’m‐‐ | 什么 不 我… |
[24:52] | ‐ I have my skateboard, I’m fine. ‐ N‐n‐n‐n‐n‐no. | -我有滑板 我没事 -不 不行 |
[24:56] | You know what, I‐‐ I can take him home. | 这样吧 我送他回去 |
[24:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:00] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[25:02] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:08] | Your car’s a piece of shit. | 你的车好烂 |
[25:13] | Your skateboard’s a piece of shit. | 你的滑板好烂 |
[25:17] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[25:21] | You’re really pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[25:24] | Is it okay for me to say that? | 我能这么说吗 |
[25:26] | ‐ You’re drunk. ‐ No, I’m‐‐ I’m‐‐ I’m serious. | -你醉了 -不 我是认真的 |
[25:29] | I’m‐‐ | 我 |
[25:33] | What are you doing right now? | 你在干什么 |
[25:36] | Wait, you should put that back on. | 等等 你该系回去 |
[25:37] | No, no, no, no, no. Turn that off. | 不不 关掉 |
[25:38] | ‐ Please, can you turn that off. ‐ Okay. | -请你关掉 -好 |
[25:39] | ‐ Put your seatbelt back on, please. ‐ Can you pull over? | -把安全带系上 -你能停车吗 |
[25:42] | ‐ Now, please. Pull over. ‐ Oh, my God. Are you gonna… | -拜托 停车 -天啊 你要… |
[25:44] | ‐ Okay, I’m pulling over. ‐ Oh, God! | -我这就停 -天 |
[25:45] | Okay. Hold on! Hold on! | 等下 等下 |
[25:49] | Okay. Okay. Oh, God. | 好吧 天啊 |
[25:52] | Okay, poor thing. | 可怜虫 |
[25:57] | Oh, you poor thing. | 你个可怜家伙 |
[25:58] | Oh, are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:04] | You have amazing boobs. | 你的胸真好看 |
[27:42] | Oh, Jesus fucking Christ. | 老天啊 |